时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [“Concrete” by Barrie playing] | |
[00:11] | [McEnroe] It happened at exactly 2:30 p.m. on the last day of school. | 这一幕发生的时间 正好是在校最后一天的下午两点半 |
[00:16] | This is the outfit Devi wore. | 这是德维当时穿的衣服 |
[00:18] | This is the car she drove. | 这是她开的车 |
[00:21] | This is the lunch she ate. | 这是她吃过的午餐 |
[00:23] | ‘Sup, clean sweep? | 藤校大满贯 你好吗? |
[00:25] | [Aneesa] Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[00:26] | [phone vibrates] | |
[00:28] | [McEnroe] And this is the moment Devi Vishwakumar got into Princeton. | 而这是德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[00:34] | [screaming] | 被普林斯顿录取的那一刻 |
[00:35] | I’m in! Guys, they let me in! | 我被录取了!各位 他们录取了我! |
[00:37] | -[Fabiola] Really? -What? | -真的? -什么? |
[00:39] | Oh my God, congratulations! | 噢 天啊 恭喜你! |
[00:41] | [McEnroe] She would call her mom | 很快她将会打给她妈妈 |
[00:43] | and be forced to FaceTime her cousins in India soon enough, | 并被逼着打视频电话 给她在印度的表亲 |
[00:46] | but first, there was someone else she was dying to tell. | 但首先 她迫不及待 想把这个消息告诉一个人 |
[00:51] | What’s going on? Why do you look weird? | 怎么了?你为什么看起来怪怪的? |
[00:53] | I’m off the wait-list. I got into Princeton. | 我从候补名单脱颖而出 进了普林斯顿 |
[00:55] | What? | 什么? |
[00:57] | Holy shit, David. That’s awesome. | 天啊 大卫 |
[00:59] | [laughs] Congratulations. | 那太棒了 恭喜你 |
[01:01] | Although I really deserve the credit for making you write that essay. | 不过这大部分是我的功劳 因为是我要你写那篇文书的 |
[01:04] | Okay, whatever. | 好吧 随便你怎么说吧 |
[01:06] | So maybe we could celebrate sometime over the summer? | 暑假我们要不要找个时间庆祝一下? |
[01:09] | Oh. | |
[01:10] | I’d love that, but I’m actually going away for the summer. | 我很想和你一起庆祝 可暑假我不在这里 |
[01:14] | [gasps] Oh my God, are you getting that Chad surgery I told you about? | 天啊 你要去做 我跟你说过的那大男人手术吗? |
[01:17] | The one that gives you a Hemsworth jawline? | 就是能让你拥有 型男下颌的那种手术? |
[01:19] | What? No, I don’t need that. | 我不需要做那手术 |
[01:20] | I’m the perfect combination of boyish and handsome. | 我的相貌是男孩子气 与帅气的完美结合 |
[01:23] | But yeah, I’m leaving right after graduation | 但没错 我毕业典礼后就要离开这里 |
[01:24] | to take an internship at a law firm in New York. | 去纽约的一家律所实习 |
[01:27] | Oh. Wow. Uh… | 哇 |
[01:29] | You’re, like, “leaving” leaving. | 你是要真的离开啊 |
[01:33] | So… is this it? | 所以我们要就此别过了? |
[01:35] | I mean, I’ll see you at graduation, but… yeah, I guess so. | 我们在毕业典礼上还能再见 |
[01:40] | Oh. | 但没错 我想我们是要就此别过了 |
[01:42] | Well, damn, we’ve been enemies for, like, 12 years. | 该死 我们做了12年的死对头 |
[01:46] | Crazy to think it’s… all just over. | 一想到一切就这么结束了 我心里还挺不是滋味的 |
[01:49] | I know. I’m gonna miss having a nemesis. | 我知道 我会怀念 有一个死对头的日子的 |
[01:53] | Well, you’ll probably meet someone you hate in college | 在大学里 你可能会遇到一个你讨厌的人 |
[01:56] | and forget all about me. | 然后就把我忘得一干二净了 |
[01:59] | Nah. I don’t think that’s possible. | 不 我认为那是不可能的 |
[02:03] | Wow. Really is the end of an era. | 哇 这真的是一个时代的终结啊 |
[02:06] | I don’t know what I’m gonna do now that the Three Musketeers are over. | 现在我们“三剑客”散伙了 我都不知道我该做什么好了 |
[02:08] | Maybe we should just plan on doing a monthly Zoom hang or something. | 也许我们该计划一下 每个月用视频会议软件叙叙旧什么的 |
[02:14] | -We’ll figure it out. Let’s go to class. -[bell ringing] | 我们会想出个方案来的 |
[02:18] | [McEnroe] Devi’s victory was bittersweet. | 先去上课吧 德维的胜利可谓喜忧参半 |
[02:20] | The thing she wanted most in the world was in the palm of her hands, | 她得到了这个世上她最想要的东西 |
[02:24] | but something else she wanted seemed to be slipping away. | 但另一样她想要的东西 |
[02:28] | [“Breaking Apart” by Caroline Kingsbury playing] | 却似乎正在离她而去 好想做一次…说再见 |
[02:33] | -Ah! Congrats, guys! -[laughing] | 啊!恭喜你们! |
[02:35] | [McEnroe] Graduation day came, | 毕业典礼的日子到了 |
[02:38] | and for someone like Devi, | 而对像德维这样 |
[02:40] | who in these last four years had experienced | 在过去的四年时间里 |
[02:42] | some of the lowest lows and highest highs imaginable, | 经历过大起大落的人来说 |
[02:45] | crossing the finish line with her best friends | 与最好的朋友们一起冲过终点线 |
[02:48] | felt like a moment of uncomplicated joy. | 感觉就像一个简单的喜悦时刻 |
[02:51] | She also happened to be named valedictorian, | 她还有幸成为了 致告别辞的最优秀毕业生 |
[02:54] | giving her a decisive victory in her long-standing rivalry with Ben. | 这让她在与本的长期竞争中 取得了决定性的胜利 |
[02:59] | But for the first time, | 但这是她第一次不想以此来奚落他 |
[03:01] | she didn’t feel like rubbing his nose in it. | |
[03:04] | The next day, Ben left for New York, | 第二天 本就动身去了纽约 |
[03:06] | so Devi proceeded to have an epic last summer with her besties. | 而德维则继续与她的好闺蜜一起 度过了难忘的最后夏日时光 |
[03:10] | And before she knew it, | 在不知不觉中 |
[03:12] | it was the last weekend before college, | 时间就来到了 上大学前的最后一个周末 |
[03:14] | and a lot was going on. | 而这个周末发生了很多事 |
[03:18] | All right, not to turn this mehndi into a logistical meeting, | 好了 我不是想让这曼海蒂仪式 变成安排各项工作的会议 |
[03:20] | but we have a very packed weekend. | 但我们这个周末安排得非常满 |
[03:22] | Nirmala Mami, I just wanna thank you once again | 尼玛拉我的妈妈 我想再次感谢你 |
[03:25] | for planning your wedding the same weekend Devi goes to college. | 把你的婚礼安排在 德维要去上大学的这个周末 |
[03:28] | You must thank my astrologer. | 你得感谢我的占星师 |
[03:30] | She said it was a very auspicious day for sensuality. | 她说这是个享受性快感的吉日 |
[03:33] | [Nalini] I’m sure it is. | 我相信一定是的 |
[03:35] | Uh, okay. Bah, bah, bah, bah… | 好了 |
[03:37] | They already put the tent up in the backyard. | 他们已经在后院搭起帐篷了 |
[03:39] | Oh. Nirmala Mami, do you have everything you need for tomorrow? | 尼玛拉我的妈妈 你明天要用的东西都备齐了吗? |
[03:42] | Yes, I picked up all my wedding jewels. | 备齐了 我已经挑好了 所有要在婚礼上戴的珠宝首饰 |
[03:45] | I’m so excited to wear a thali again | 我好兴奋我又能戴上婚链了 |
[03:47] | so that those bachelors at bingo will finally realize I’m a taken woman. | 这样那些玩宾果游戏的单身汉 终于就能知道我名花有主了 |
[03:51] | Hmm. Hey, Mom, shouldn’t you be taking off your thali | 嘿 妈妈 既然你现在有了个性感迷人的男朋友 |
[03:54] | now that you have a zaddy boyf? | 你不是应该把婚链摘了吗? |
[03:55] | Devi, you can’t ask that. | 德维 你不可以问这种事的 |
[03:58] | Oh no. No, it’s fine. | 噢 不 没关系 |
[03:59] | Andres actually doesn’t really care that I wear it, | 安德烈并不介意我戴着它 |
[04:01] | and honestly, I’m just so used to it. | 而且说真的 我也戴习惯了 |
[04:05] | Anyway, moving right along. | 好了 我们继续来说其他事 |
[04:06] | Devi, you have to pack tonight. | 德维 你今晚必须收拾好行李 |
[04:09] | Look at me. We leave at 6 a.m. Sunday morning, | 看着我 我们周日早上六点就要出门 |
[04:12] | and tomorrow Aravind Uncle is sleeping in your room. | 而明天阿拉文德舅舅要在你的房间睡 |
[04:15] | And, you know, with the sleep apnea machine setup, | 你知道的 |
[04:17] | you will not get access to your closet. | 等他装好了睡眠呼吸机 你就打不开你的衣柜了 |
[04:19] | Yes, you have told me a billion times. | 我知道 你跟我说过无数次了 |
[04:21] | And yet you have waited until the last minute to do it. | 可你还是等到了最后一刻才收拾 |
[04:24] | And I have dragged in that big suitcase from the garage. | 我从车库里把那个大行李箱翻出来了 |
[04:27] | Please don’t give me that look. It has one good wheel. | 别那样看着我 它有一个轮子是好的 |
[04:29] | Oh, I can’t believe my baby cousin’s going off to college. | 噢 我真不敢相信 我的宝贝表妹要去上大学了 |
[04:32] | Maybe once you’re moved in, | 也许等你搬过去后 我和曼尼什 |
[04:33] | Manish and I can come visit from Baltimore? | 可以从巴尔的摩过去看你? 算了吧 |
[04:35] | Yeah. How about I come visit you, Kamala? | 换成我去看你们如何 卡玛拉? |
[04:38] | I don’t need yet another friend group of mine to know I have a hot cousin. | 我不想再多一群朋友知道 我有个性感迷人的表姐 |
[04:42] | But speaking of friends… | 不过 说到朋友 |
[04:44] | Mom, is it still cool if I have El and Fab come over tonight? | 我今晚还能叫小埃和法比过来玩吗? |
[04:47] | -Please? Please? -[huffs] | 求你了 好吗? |
[04:49] | Fine. But only for an hour | 好吧 但只能玩一个小时 |
[04:50] | because I promise you, Devi, if you do not pack tonight, | 因为我向你保证 德维 如果你今晚不收拾好行李 |
[04:53] | I’ll put you in that suitcase Mafia-style. | 我就用黑手党的方式 |
[04:55] | [mellow song playing] | 把你塞进那个行李箱 |
[04:58] | [Eleanor] Oh my God. | 噢 天啊 |
[04:59] | Guys, is this gonna be the last time we watch The Masked Singer together | 两位 这将会是你们俩离开之前 |
[05:03] | before you both leave? | 我们最后一次 一起看《蒙面歌王》了吗? |
[05:05] | El, you can’t keep crying over our lasts. | 小埃 你不能继续像这样 为我们最后一次做某件事而哭了 |
[05:08] | It was so awkward at Yogurtland yesterday. | 昨天在酸奶店太尴尬了 |
[05:10] | But that was the last time you’re gonna be yelled at | 那是最后一次 |
[05:12] | for taking too many samples. | 你们会因拿太多试吃品而被骂了 |
[05:14] | It’s gonna be fine. | 没事的 |
[05:15] | We’re gonna see each other a ton, like when we come back for Thanksgiving. | 我们会经常见的 比如等我们回来过感恩节的时候 |
[05:18] | Oh, I’m actually not coming back for Thanksgiving. [sighs] | 噢 我不回来过感恩节了 |
[05:21] | I have a robotics competition. | 我要参加一场机器人比赛 |
[05:22] | But I… I’m back at Christmas. | 不过我会回来过圣诞节 |
[05:24] | No. | 不 |
[05:25] | Sharon planned a cruise to Alaska at Christmas. | 莎伦计划好了 我们圣诞节乘船去阿拉斯加游览 |
[05:28] | She got a good deal because it’s gonna be dark the whole time. | 她拿到了优惠价 因为到时候全程都会是黑漆漆的 |
[05:31] | Okay, okay, it’s fine. What about… a classic spring break? | 好 没事 那来个经典的春假怎么样? |
[05:34] | Great. April it is. | 好啊 那就定四月吧 |
[05:36] | No, my spring break’s in March. | 不 我们学校的春假是在三月 |
[05:38] | So, what does that leave? Next summer? | 那还剩什么时候?明年夏天吗? |
[05:41] | No, that’s a year away. That can’t be right. | 不 那得一年之后了 那可不行 |
[05:44] | Okay, girls, time to wrap it up. | 好了 姑娘们 是时候结束了 |
[05:46] | It’s late, and Devi has a lot to do tonight. | 已经很晚了 而且德维今晚还有很多事要做 |
[05:48] | No. That was way too fast. I’m not ready to say goodbye yet. | 不 时间过得太快了 我还没准备好跟她们道别呢 |
[05:52] | [Nirmala] Then you don’t have to. Why don’t you all come to my wedding? | 那你们不用道别就好啦 不如你们大家都来参加我的婚礼吧? |
[05:57] | We could use some more attractive young people. | 我们需要一些更有魅力的年轻人 |
[06:00] | Who’s your handsome friend? Uh, what’s his name? Carfax? | 你那个帅气的朋友是谁? 他叫什么名字来着?卡法克斯? |
[06:03] | -Paxton? -Yes. Bring him too. | -帕克斯顿? -对 也请他来吧 |
[06:06] | I’d love to see his face in my wedding album. | 我很想在我的婚礼相册里看到他的脸 |
[06:08] | Thank you so much, Pati. | 太谢谢你了 奶奶 |
[06:11] | And I will see you bitches tomorrow. | 贱人们 那我们明天见咯 |
[06:14] | Devi, language. | 德维 说话要文明 |
[06:15] | It’s feminist to call a girl a bitch now. | 如今叫女孩贱人是女权主义 |
[06:18] | [pensive music playing] | |
[06:19] | [McEnroe] Devi had wanted to go to Princeton | 德维几乎盼了一辈子她能去普林斯顿 |
[06:21] | for the better part of her life, | |
[06:23] | but the thought of packing this suitcase | 但一想到要用这个行李箱收拾东西 |
[06:25] | was making her break into a cold sweat, and she had no idea why. | 她就出了一身冷汗 而她并不知道为什么 |
[06:29] | Okay, what do we need? What do we need? | 好了 我们需要带什么东西呢? |
[06:32] | Shoe. | 鞋子 |
[06:34] | Yeah, I bet there’ll be some walking there. | 没错 我敢肯定我在那里要走一些路的 |
[06:38] | And maybe some school supplies… | 还有也许要带一些学习用品 |
[06:41] | because it is a school. | 因为那是一所学校嘛 |
[06:47] | So it turns out we’re a pretty good team for two people who hate each other. | 看来 作为死对头 我们配合得还不错 |
[06:51] | I don’t hate you. | 我不讨厌你 |
[06:53] | I just think you’re pretentious and unlikable. | 我只是觉得你很自负 |
[06:55] | [chuckles] | 而且很不讨喜 |
[06:57] | [McEnroe] Since their last conversation, Devi had thought of Ben often, | 自从上次和本说完话后 德维经常想起他 |
[07:01] | but had texted him little. | 但她很少给他发信息 |
[07:02] | She didn’t wanna be the sad thirst bucket who was pining after someone | 她不想做个可怜的痴情少女 |
[07:07] | who’d already moved on with his life. | 苦苦思念着 一个已经过上了新生活的人 |
[07:09] | But every now and then, she couldn’t help herself. | 但她还是会时不时控制不住自己 |
[07:12] | Mmm. | |
[07:13] | [inhales] Yeah, I got a good start there. I’ll hit it hard in the morning. | 好 我开了个好头 我等明天一早再努力吧 |
[07:17] | [McEnroe] And speaking of hitting it hard in the morning, | 而说到一早努力这点 |
[07:20] | it was 1 a.m. in New York, | 现在是纽约时间凌晨一点 |
[07:21] | and Ben and the other interns from his firm | 本和他所在律所的其他实习生们 |
[07:24] | were at their favorite club, | 正在他们最喜欢的夜总会里 |
[07:26] | which incidentally, was the only club that would accept their fake IDs. | 顺便说一句 这是唯一接受 他们的假身份证的夜总会 |
[07:30] | Thank you, sweetheart. Hey, can you break this hundo for me? | 谢谢 美女 嘿 你能帮我破开这张百元美钞吗? |
[07:33] | -[waitress] Sure. You got it. -Keep five for yourself. | -好的 没问题 -你自己留五美元吧 谢谢 |
[07:35] | [McEnroe] It was on nights like these, that he thought about Devi the most. | 正是在像这样的夜里 |
[07:39] | -[club music playing] -[phone chimes] | 他最想德维 |
[07:41] | [Devi] Found a gem from Model UN. | 我找到了一件模拟联合国的宝物 |
[07:44] | [Ben] Uh-oh, David, you nuking someone tonight? | 哎呀 大卫 你今晚要用核武器攻击谁吗? |
[07:47] | [Devi] Nah, can’t obliterate the Valley before Pati’s wedding. [chuckles] | 不 在奶奶的婚礼前 我不能炸平圣费尔南多谷 |
[07:51] | Too bad you’re not here. She invited all my friends. | 可惜你不在这里 她邀请了我所有的朋友参加 |
[07:54] | -[Ben] Oh, man, I wish I… -The thing is… | -噢 天啊 我真希望… -问题是… |
[07:56] | -Dude. Come on. -I’m sorry, bro. | -哥们 拜托 |
[07:59] | Uh… Yo, look what I texted that girl, Chelsea. | -对不起 兄弟 你看我给那叫切尔西的女孩发的信息 |
[08:01] | -I’m being so rude to her. -Wait, I thought you liked her. | 你看我对她多粗鲁 -等等 |
[08:04] | I do. But that’s why I’m negging her. | 我以为你喜欢她 -我是喜欢她 可这就是我故意对她出言不逊的原因 |
[08:07] | Aren’t you worried that she’ll move on to someone who’s nice to her? | 你不怕她去找个对她好的人吗? |
[08:09] | Nah. That’s not how it works. | 不 情场的事不是那样子的 |
[08:11] | Dude, trust me. I know what I’m talking about. | 哥们 相信我 我可是情场老手 |
[08:14] | If you know what you’re talking about, | 如果你真的是情场老手 |
[08:16] | then why is it always just the four of us every weekend with no girls in sight? | 那为什么每个周末 都是只有我们四个 |
[08:19] | Oh, all right, Mr. Friggin’ Big Shot. | 没有一个女生? 好吧 大情圣 |
[08:22] | Last girl you liked, you just told her straight up? | 上一个你喜欢的女孩 你有直接告诉她你的心意吗? |
[08:25] | Well, I… | 那个 |
[08:26] | Uh… | 我… |
[08:29] | No. No, I… I didn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[08:31] | Because it sucks. | 因为那样很糟糕 |
[08:32] | No, it doesn’t suck. It’s just… scary. | 不 那不糟糕 只是很可怕 |
[08:35] | Pussy. [fake coughs] | 懦夫 |
[08:37] | [boys laugh] | |
[08:39] | [“En Jeevan” by Hariharan, Saindhavi, Vaikom Vijayalakshmi playing] | |
[08:54] | You look beautiful, Mami. | 你看起来美极了 妈咪 |
[08:56] | I know I do. | 我知道 |
[08:58] | [chuckles] | |
[09:05] | [“En Jeevan” continues playing] | |
[09:15] | [prayer bell ringing] | |
[09:28] | -[glass shattering] -[all cheering] | |
[09:33] | [whooping] | |
[09:34] | [upbeat song playing] | |
[09:35] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[09:37] | Hey, yo, my peeps. | 嘿 我的朋友们 |
[09:38] | [all] Hi! | 嗨! |
[09:40] | Everyone looks amazing. | 你们大家都好看极了 |
[09:41] | Fab, El, gorgeous Indian drip. | 法比 小埃 你们这印度造型棒呆了 |
[09:44] | Thanks for loaning us these lewks. | 谢谢你借了这身行头给我们 |
[09:45] | I think I’m gonna start wearing this many jewels in my normal life. | 我要开始在日常生活中 也戴这么多珠宝首饰 |
[09:48] | [laughs] And, Miss Thompson, welcome to my home-slash-tent. | 还有 汤普森老师 欢迎你来到我的家兼帐篷 |
[09:52] | Oh, Devi, you can just call me Lindsay. | 德维 你直接叫我琳赛就好了 |
[09:54] | I’m not your teacher anymore, and I’m dating your friend. | 我不再是你的老师了 而且我在跟你的朋友交往 |
[09:57] | -Thanks for inviting us. -[Devi] My plezh. | -感谢你邀请我们来 -不客气 |
[09:59] | Now, this is our last night together, so we have to grab this party by the balls | 好了 这是我们在一起的最后一晚了 所以我们得把这场派对骑在身下 |
[10:03] | and just squeeze every last drop of fun out of it. | 然后榨干它的最后一滴乐趣 |
[10:06] | -I heard it, unsuccessful metaphor. -Yes, it was. | -我懂你的意思了 这是个糟糕的比喻 -没错 |
[10:08] | But listen, | 但你们听我说 |
[10:10] | looks like there’s a really old bartender and a really cool bartender. | 看样子那边有一个老调酒师 和一个酷酷的调酒师 |
[10:13] | I think the really cool bartender will serve us drinks. | 我认为 那个酷酷的调酒师会给我们倒酒 |
[10:15] | Nah, cool bartenders are never cool people. | 不 看着酷的调酒师 从来都不是很酷的人 |
[10:17] | But old bartenders think that everyone from 15 to 40 is the same age. | 但老调酒师会认为 15到40岁的人都是同龄人 |
[10:20] | -Okay, well, old bartender it is. [laughs] -What about the old bartender? | -好 那我们就去找那个老调酒师吧 -那个老调酒师怎么了? |
[10:23] | That I think I saw him sneeze into someone’s drink. | 我好像看见他对着某人的酒水打喷嚏 |
[10:26] | Oh my God. Enough chitchatting with your friends. | 天啊 好了 你跟你的朋友聊得够久了 |
[10:29] | We have a lot of elderly guests to say hello to. | 我们得去跟很多 上了年纪的宾客打招呼 |
[10:31] | Mr. Mahalingam. | 马哈林甘先生 |
[10:34] | Devi, how brave of you to move 3,000 miles away | 德维 你可真勇敢啊 敢离开一切你熟悉的人和事物 |
[10:38] | from everything and everyone you’ve ever known. | 搬到四千多公里外的地方去 |
[10:40] | Are you nervous? I would be. | 你紧张吗?我要是你的话我会紧张的 |
[10:43] | So if you’re going to college tomorrow, | 你明天就要去上大学的话 |
[10:45] | that kind of makes tonight the last night of your childhood. | 那今晚就是你童年的最后一晚了 |
[10:48] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此有什么感受? |
[10:50] | Why would you go away to school? | 你为什么要离家去上大学? |
[10:52] | What if no one likes you there? | 要是那里没人喜欢你怎么办? |
[10:54] | Who will comfort you? | 谁来安慰你? |
[10:56] | Not your family because they’re too far away. | 肯定不会是你的家人 因为他们都离得太远了 |
[10:59] | Well, not all of her family’s too far away. | 并不是所有她的家人都离得很远 |
[11:02] | -Manish and I are just down the coast. -Hmm. | 我和曼尼什就在东海岸 |
[11:04] | [Devi] Mm-hmm. | |
[11:05] | Sweetheart, stop gabbing. | 亲爱的 别唠叨了 |
[11:07] | -Let’s go to the buffet. -Oh yeah. [chuckles] | -我们去吃自助餐吧 -噢 对哦 |
[11:09] | Yeah, now I know why Pati and her are frenemies. | 现在我知道 为何奶奶和她是亦敌亦友的关系了 |
[11:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:13] | Here, your sari is looking a little loose. Let me retie you. | 来 你的纱丽看着有点松了 我帮你重绑一下吧 |
[11:17] | It’s nice that Pati let you invite so many friends. | 奶奶让你邀请 |
[11:20] | -Mmm. -But where’s Ben? | 这么多朋友来真是太好了 |
[11:21] | Oh. Uh, he actually left already. | 可本在哪儿? 他已经离开这里了 |
[11:24] | He went to go do an internship at some douchey law firm in New York City. | 他去了纽约的一家破律所实习 |
[11:27] | That’s too bad. | 太可惜了 |
[11:29] | So, did anything end up happening between you two after I left? | 话说 我走了之后 你们俩之间有发生什么事吗? |
[11:33] | What? No. | 什么?没有 |
[11:34] | Why would it? | 为什么会有事发生? |
[11:36] | Uh, maybe because he showed up at our house with flowers. | 也许是因为他拿着花出现在我们家 好吧 |
[11:38] | Okay, yeah, dude, ’cause he was on drugs. | 没错 伙计 那是因为他嗑了药 |
[11:40] | Uh, dude, people get really honest when they’re on drugs. | 伙计 人磕了药是会真情流露的 |
[11:43] | You should see me after I’ve had NyQuil. It’s like hot dick city. | 你该看看我吃了感冒药之后的样子 我简直欲火焚身 |
[11:46] | Okay, yeah. Well, I think it was just one weird night. | 好吧 没错 那个 我认为那只是一个奇怪的夜晚 |
[11:49] | I’m pretty sure he just… sees me as a friend. | 我很肯定他只是把我当朋友 |
[11:51] | Okay, well, even as friends, | 好吧 哪怕是把你当朋友 |
[11:53] | he was dropping by unannounced kind of a lot. | 他也经常不打招呼就跑来我们家 |
[11:55] | And how many times can two people | 而且两个人有多少次 |
[11:57] | be randomly assigned to do group projects together? | 可以被随机安排到 |
[11:59] | [chuckles] | 一起做小组作业的? |
[12:02] | You know what, Kamala? | 卡玛拉 |
[12:04] | I may not have any siblings, | 你知道吗? 我虽然没有兄弟姐妹 |
[12:06] | but… you’ve been a really great big sister to me. | 但你一直都是我的好姐姐 |
[12:10] | [sentimental music playing] | |
[12:11] | I’m sorry I was such a brat when you first came here. | 对不起 你刚来的时候我那么不懂事 |
[12:14] | It’s okay, Devi. That’s what little sisters do. | 没关系 |
[12:17] | [both chuckle] | 德维 |
[12:21] | [mellow song playing] | 妹妹都是那样子的 |
[12:24] | [exhales sharply] How’d you swing this bottle of champagne? | 你怎么搞到这瓶香槟的? |
[12:26] | Old bartender. Addison was right. He just handed it right to me. | 那个老调酒师给的 |
[12:30] | Huh. | 艾迪森说得对 他直接就给我了 |
[12:31] | You think it’s okay that we left everyone else down at the tent though? | 你们觉得 把其他人丢在帐篷里没关系吧? |
[12:34] | We thought maybe we could have one little toast just the three of us. | 我们想着也许 我们可以来碰一下杯 就我们三个 |
[12:37] | To the UN. | 敬“扫性学究团” |
[12:39] | [all] The UN. | 敬“扫性学究团” |
[12:40] | [chuckles] Guess what, haters? We all banged. | 喷子们 |
[12:42] | Ugh. We can’t wait till next June to see each other. | 猜猜怎么着?我们都破处了 我们不能等到明年六月再见面 |
[12:45] | Maybe I can fly out for Halloween. | 或许我可以飞去找你们过万圣夜 |
[12:47] | If you guys each make one friend, we could go as the Spice Girls. | 如果你们每人交一个朋友 我们就可以扮成“辣妹组合”了 |
[12:50] | [gasps] Yay. I love that idea. | 好啊 |
[12:52] | [chuckles] | 我喜欢这个主意 |
[12:54] | You guys, I’m feeling way better about this plan. | 两位 这个计划给我的感觉好多了 |
[12:58] | Yeah, me too. | 是啊 我也是 |
[12:59] | Although… would you guys think I was a loser | 不过 如果我说我有点害怕离开 |
[13:02] | if I said I’m kind of scared to leave? | 你们会不会觉得我是个废柴? |
[13:04] | [McEnroe] Hey, that’s how you feel, Devi. | 嘿 那正是你的感受啊 德维 |
[13:06] | -You are? -[Fabiola] Yeah. | -你害怕吗? -是的 |
[13:08] | It’s just… scary moving so far away. | 要搬到那么远的地方去挺可怕的 |
[13:10] | Devi, I know that you’ve been ready to go off to college since you were eight, | 德维 我知道你从八岁开始 就做好了去上大学的准备 |
[13:16] | but I’m just not as brave as you are. | 我没有你那样勇敢 |
[13:17] | [exhales] | |
[13:19] | I’m not brave. | -我才不勇敢呢 |
[13:21] | You are the bravest person we know. | -你是我们认识的人里最勇敢的 |
[13:23] | You’re the reason we did anything in high school. | 我们在高中做的任何事都是因为有你 |
[13:25] | Without you, we’d still be eating lunch in the teachers’ lounge. | 要是没有你 我们还会在教师休息室里吃午餐呢 |
[13:29] | And the only reason we have our current lovers | 还有 我们之所以能有现在的恋人 |
[13:31] | is because they were friends with the smokeshows | 都是因为他们是 |
[13:33] | that you had the audacity to pursue. | 当初你有勇气去追求的校草的朋友 |
[13:36] | Guess I’ll have to channel my inner Devi when I get to college. | 看来等我去了大学我也要像德维一样 |
[13:40] | -[door opens] -[Nalini] What is going on, Devi? | 怎么回事 德维? |
[13:42] | You’re supposed to be downstairs playing the harp. | 你该在楼下弹竖琴才对的 还有 |
[13:44] | And why are there only two notebooks and a shoe in your suitcase? | 为什么你的行李箱里 只有两本笔记本和一只鞋? |
[13:48] | You haven’t packed? | 你还没有收拾? |
[13:49] | Everyone stop drinking your teas and get back to the wedding. | 你们三个别喝茶了 |
[13:52] | [upbeat music playing] | 回到婚礼现场去 |
[13:55] | I cannot believe you haven’t packed. | 我不敢相信你还没有收拾 |
[13:56] | You do realize I’m not gonna be at Princeton to do everything for you? | 你应该知道我不可能 跑到普林斯顿去帮你做所有事吧? |
[13:59] | Hey, look at me. | 嘿 看着我 |
[14:01] | You need to start being a responsible adult. | 你得开始做个负责任的大人了 |
[14:03] | I know, Mom. I’m sorry. | 我知道 妈妈 对不起 |
[14:05] | [announcer] Let’s welcome the new couple out to the dance floor | 让我们欢迎两位新人到舞池上来 |
[14:08] | for their very first dance. | 跳他们的第一支舞吧 |
[14:09] | Okay, now go play your harp | 好了 去弹你的竖琴吧 |
[14:11] | so your grandmother can show everyone the dip she practiced. | 好让你奶奶能向大家展示 她练习的舞步 |
[14:14] | -And then go right back upstairs. -Okay. | -弹完立刻上楼去 -好 |
[14:18] | Nalu, you’ve been criticizing that girl all weekend. | 娜露 你整个周末都在责骂那孩子 |
[14:21] | Need I remind you that I’m the bridezilla here? | 需要我提醒你一点吗?在婚礼前 性格大变的难缠新娘应该是我 |
[14:24] | I’m sorry, but she needs to grow up. | 对不起 可她得长大 |
[14:26] | You know why you’re picking fights with her, right? | 你应该知道 你为什么总找事跟她吵架吧? |
[14:28] | Because you’re scared that she’s leaving. | 因为她要走了你很害怕 |
[14:30] | I used to do the same thing with Mohan. | 我以前也常常那样对莫汉 |
[14:32] | He’d be heading off to the airport, | 他要去机场了 |
[14:34] | and I’d yell at him because his clothes were too wrinkled, | 我就以他的衣服太皱 |
[14:37] | or his hair was too long. | 或他的头发太长为由责骂他 |
[14:39] | Don’t waste your last night with her, Nalu. | 别浪费掉 你和她在一起的最后一晚 娜露 |
[14:42] | I know it’s hard to let go, | 我知道要放手很难 |
[14:45] | but it’s time. | 但你是时候放手了 |
[14:46] | [harp playing “Unchained Melody”] | |
[15:07] | [exhales] | |
[15:08] | I just… don’t even know what I’m supposed to, like, bring. | 我都不知道我该带什么东西 |
[15:12] | -Yes, you do. You know what you need. -[Devi sighs] | 不 你知道 你很清楚你需要什么 |
[15:14] | Just imagine that it’s a sleepover that’s going to last many, many months. | 你只要把这当成是 要持续好几个月的留宿聚会就好了 |
[15:17] | It’s not that simple. | 这没那么简单 |
[15:19] | It is that simple, kanna. | 这就是那么简单 宝贝 |
[15:21] | Just throw some of those clothes into that suitcase. | 你扔几件衣服到那个行李箱里就好了 |
[15:23] | And if you forget something, I’m sure there’s a Costco in New Jersey. | 要是你忘了带什么东西 我相信新泽西那边一定有超市的 |
[15:27] | I don’t wanna go to Costco. | 我不想去超市 |
[15:28] | I just… I want my stuff from my room. | 我只是… 我想要我房间里的东西 |
[15:31] | And… how am I supposed to pack my whole life into one stupid suitcase? | 我要怎么把我的全部人生 装进一个破行李箱? |
[15:36] | It’s too hard. | 那太难了 德维 |
[15:37] | Devi, calm down. It’s okay. Let me help you. | 冷静点 没事的 让我来帮你吧 |
[15:40] | You can’t help me. You’re not even here. You’re not even real! | 你帮不了我 |
[15:43] | [somber music playing] | 你根本不在这儿 你根本就不是真的! |
[15:47] | Kanna, what’s going on? | 宝贝 |
[15:51] | [sighs] | 怎么了? |
[15:56] | I don’t know how to pack. | 我不知道要怎么收拾 |
[15:59] | Well… let’s just do it together, then. | 这样啊 |
[16:03] | [Nalini sighs] | 那我们就一起来收拾吧 |
[16:06] | I don’t think I can go tomorrow. | 我觉得我明天走不了 |
[16:08] | You were right. I can’t do anything without you. | 你之前说得对 离开了你我什么也做不成 |
[16:11] | Yes, you can. You just don’t have to do it right now. | 不 你做得成 你只是没必要现在就做到那样 |
[16:16] | I think I’m feeling overwhelmed thinking about leaving this house, | 我想我是想到 要离开这个家就不知所措了 |
[16:20] | you know, where you, me, | 你知道的 |
[16:23] | and Dad… | 这里是你、我还有爸爸… |
[16:26] | It’s okay to feel a little scared about saying goodbye. | 对道别感到有点害怕是正常的 |
[16:29] | [sighs] | |
[16:31] | I’m scared too. | 我也害怕 |
[16:33] | Why do you think I have been such a bitch? | 不然你以为 |
[16:36] | [laughs] | 我最近为什么表现得像个贱人一样? |
[16:40] | But, Devi, I know one thing, your father would have been really proud of you. | 但是 德维 我知道一点 你爸爸会为你感到很骄傲的 |
[16:46] | I… am so proud of you. | 我为你感到非常骄傲 |
[16:50] | [sniffles] | |
[16:53] | And I will miss having my little girl here, | 还有 我会很怀念 我的女儿在这里的日子 |
[16:55] | but… I just can’t wait for the world to see what you can do. | 但我迫不及待想看到 你会有怎样的一番作为了 |
[17:02] | Thanks, Mom. | 谢谢你 |
[17:03] | [sniffles] [Devi sniffles] | 妈妈 |
[17:11] | I’m gonna miss you, Mom. | 我会很想你的 |
[17:14] | [sighs] | 妈妈 |
[17:16] | I’m gonna miss you too. | 我也会很想你的 |
[17:19] | [Indian music playing] | |
[17:22] | I can’t believe you got that suitcase shut. | -真不敢相信你居然能合上那行李箱 |
[17:24] | Trick is to sit on it. | -诀窍就是坐上去 |
[17:25] | All right, why don’t we get you some dinner? | 好了 我们来给你弄点晚餐吧? |
[17:27] | Sorry, she can’t. Devi, it’s time. | 对不起 她没空 德维 是时候了 |
[17:29] | -All right, let’s do this. -Hey, what are you doing? | -好 |
[17:32] | You’ll see. | 我们上吧 -嘿 |
[17:34] | -[mic feedback] -[tapping on mic] | 你们要干什么去? 待会儿你就知道了 |
[17:36] | [Devi] Yo, listen up. | 嘿 大家听我说 |
[17:37] | This is for Pati, who thinks I’m a coconut. | 接下来这支舞要献给 认为我是个椰子人的奶奶 |
[17:40] | Ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[17:41] | [“Saami Saami” by Mounika Yadav playing] | |
[17:53] | -Whoa. -[screaming excitedly] [guests cheering] | 哇 |
[18:14] | -Yeah! -[all cheering] [Devi and Kamala mouthing song] [all cheering] | 太棒了! |
[18:40] | Everybody on the dance floor! | 大家都到舞池上来吧! |
[18:42] | [screams excitedly] | |
[18:44] | [“Saami Saami” continues playing] | |
[18:58] | [song ends] | |
[18:59] | ♪ Tonight is the night ♪ | |
[19:01] | ♪ Tonight is the night… ♪ | |
[19:02] | Damn, I did not think an old person’s wedding would go this hard. | 天啊 我没想到 一位老人家的婚礼会这么劲爆 |
[19:05] | Pretty sure I saw your grandma drop into a full split. | 我很确定我看见你奶奶做了个一字马 |
[19:08] | Oh, Pati can out-twerk us all. | 噢 奶奶跳抖臀舞比我们所有人都强 |
[19:09] | Mainly because her fake hip has a screw loose. | 主要是因为她的假臀有一颗螺丝松了 |
[19:12] | Hmm. | |
[19:13] | So, I heard you’re heading back to ASU? | 话说 我听说你要回去 亚利桑那州立大学了? |
[19:16] | If you can believe it. I actually like being a teacher. | 说出来你可能不信 我其实挺喜欢当老师的 |
[19:20] | -I wanna do it for real. -Paxton, that’s hella cool. | -我想认真干这一行 -帕克斯顿 这太棒了 |
[19:23] | And you’ll actually make a difference | 你会有所作为的 |
[19:24] | because kids pay way more attention to hot people. | 因为孩子们会更专心听帅哥上课 |
[19:27] | Oh. [laughs] | |
[19:28] | Oh, wait, I have something for you. | 噢 等等 |
[19:32] | As an official member of the swim team, you earned this. | 我有样东西要给你 你作为游泳队的正式成员 这是你应得的 |
[19:35] | Congrats. Looks like you’re going to college a jock. | 恭喜你 你可以以运动健将的身份去上大学了 |
[19:38] | [chuckling] Oh wow. | 噢 |
[19:39] | I could really use this to reinvent myself at Princeton. | 哇 |
[19:42] | [gasps] | 到了普林斯顿 我可以用这东西来打造我新的人设了 |
[19:43] | Nah, don’t reinvent anything. | 不 别打造什么新的人设 |
[19:47] | You’re good as is, Lil’ D. | 你现在这样就很好 小德 |
[19:51] | Thanks, Paxton. | 谢谢你 帕克斯顿 |
[19:53] | And hey, if your first couple weeks there are rough, you can always call me. | 还有 如果你头几周在那里过得不好 你随时都可以给我打电话 |
[19:58] | Just don’t drop out and go work at your old high school. | 千万不要退学 然后跑回你以前的高中工作 |
[20:01] | Apparently, that’s pathetic, so… | 听说那样很可悲 所以… |
[20:03] | -Okay. -Yeah. | -好 |
[20:04] | [both chuckle] | -没错 |
[20:08] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[20:11] | You were a really nice boyfriend, | 有你做男朋友很棒 |
[20:13] | but… honestly, | 但说实话 |
[20:16] | you’re an even better friend. | 有你做朋友更棒 |
[20:17] | [soft music playing] | |
[20:25] | Devi, let go. | 德维 |
[20:27] | Chex Mix owes the bride a dance. | 放开他 |
[20:29] | Let’s make sure Smita can see us. | 切克米克斯还欠新娘一支舞呢 我们一定要让斯米塔看见我们俩共舞 |
[20:31] | -Come, come. -[Paxton] Chex Mix? | -快来吧 |
[20:34] | [indistinct chatter and laughter] | -切克米克斯? |
[20:36] | It was one time. It was one time. | 那就一次 |
[20:38] | [Aneesa] All right. All right. My turn. My turn. | 好了 到我了 |
[20:40] | Never have I ever had sex at school. | 我从来没在学校里做过爱 |
[20:44] | [gasps] Aneesa, how dare you. | 安妮莎 你好大的胆子啊 |
[20:47] | Cheers, babe. | 干杯 宝贝 |
[20:48] | Yeah, drama room. | 没错 戏剧教室 |
[20:49] | Miss Thompson, they had sex in the drama room. | 汤普森老师 他们在戏剧教室里做过爱 |
[20:51] | Yeah, I… I got that, Fab. Thank you. | 好 我知道了 法比 谢谢 |
[20:53] | And once again, you can just call me Lindsay. | 还有 我再说一次 你叫我琳赛就好了 |
[20:55] | [Eleanor] All right. | 好了 |
[20:56] | Never have I ever hooked up in my bestie’s bed. | 我从来没在 我最好的朋友的床上嘿咻过 |
[21:01] | Fabiola, you better pick up that damn cup. | 法比奥拉 你最好拿起你那该死的酒杯 |
[21:03] | -What? -[all exclaim] | 什么?等等 |
[21:05] | W-W-W-Wait, whose bed? | 是谁的床? |
[21:06] | Remember that party where you two-timed Paxton | 你还记得 你在那次派对上绿了帕克斯顿 |
[21:08] | and then he got hit by a car and his swimming career was over? | 后来他被车撞伤 导致他的游泳生涯结束了吗? |
[21:11] | Okay, yep. Everyone remembers that. | 我记得 这事谁都记得 |
[21:13] | Me and Eve had a make-out session on your bed. | 我和伊芙在你的床上亲热过 |
[21:15] | -[gasps] -Oh! | |
[21:16] | -Damn. -No, I’m actually not mad. That’s hot. | -天啊 -不 |
[21:19] | -[all laugh] -[Eleanor howls] | 我其实并不生气 这事挺刺激的 |
[21:21] | -Well, I guess I should also drink. -Why? | -我感觉我也该喝一杯 -为什么? |
[21:23] | I definitely had a couple solo seshes on your futon. | 我在你的日式床垫上撸过几次 |
[21:25] | -[friends gasp] -[Eleanor] Ew. | |
[21:27] | -Come on. -[Trent] What? | -拜托 -怎么了? |
[21:28] | I flipped the mattress over when I was done. | 我完事之后有把那床垫翻过来的 |
[21:30] | I sleep on that thing, bro. | 那是我用来睡觉的啊 |
[21:31] | -Ew. -[laughing] | 兄弟 |
[21:32] | Okay, my turn. My turn. [inhales deeply] | 好了 到我了 |
[21:34] | Never have I ever hooked up with… | 我从来没有跟以下这个人嘿咻过… |
[21:38] | [“Fade Into You” by Blonde Maze playing] | |
[21:42] | -Ben? -[exhales] | 本? |
[21:43] | -Been there. -[all laughing] | 我有过 |
[21:45] | [“Fade Into You” continues playing] | |
[21:50] | ♪ I wanna take the breath that’s true ♪ | |
[21:57] | [vocalizing] | |
[21:59] | ♪ I look to you and I see nothing ♪ | |
[22:03] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了? 是啊 |
[22:05] | Uh, yeah, it’s weird. Uh, well, I was in New York, | 这很奇怪 我之前在纽约 |
[22:09] | and all of a sudden, I got this feeling that I needed to tell you that | 突然间 我感觉我有必要告诉你 |
[22:15] | I… | 我… |
[22:17] | like you. | 喜欢你 |
[22:18] | [chuckles softly] | |
[22:19] | Wait, you flew all the way across the country | 等等 你大老远坐飞机横跨整个美国 |
[22:22] | to tell me you like me? | 就为了告诉我你喜欢我? |
[22:24] | Well, yeah. | 是的 |
[22:27] | Uh… | |
[22:29] | Actually… [chuckles] | 事实上… |
[22:32] | I think I love you, Devi. | 我想我爱你 |
[22:35] | [exhales sharply] | 德维 |
[22:36] | What? | 什么? |
[22:38] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[22:43] | I love you too, Ben. | 我也爱你 |
[22:45] | [chuckles softly] [chuckles softly] | 本 |
[22:50] | Wanna get out of here? | 想离开这里吗? |
[22:53] | [both chuckle] | |
[22:56] | [sighs] | |
[22:57] | I can’t. My mom will kill me if I leave. | 我不能走 如果我离开的话 我妈妈会杀了我的 |
[23:00] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[23:02] | Oh. Uh… | |
[23:05] | I’ll cover for you. | 我来给你们打掩护 |
[23:07] | Go. | 走吧 |
[23:08] | [“Fade Into You” continues playing] | |
[23:15] | Okay. Where’d you park? | 好了 你的车停在哪儿? |
[23:17] | Shit, I don’t have my car. | 该死 我没开车来 |
[23:19] | I Ubered from the airport. | 我从机场打车来的 |
[23:21] | [Devi] Oh crap, my car’s blocked in. [“Fade Into You” continues playing] ♪ Fade into you ♪ ♪ Strange you never knew ♪ | 糟糕 |
[24:12] | ♪ Fade into you ♪ ♪ Strange you never knew ♪ ♪ Fade into you ♪ ♪ I think it’s strange you never knew ♪ | 我的车被堵住了 |
[24:45] | So… [inhales deeply] | 我是不是该走了? |
[24:46] | …should I leave now? | |
[24:48] | You gonna tell me it’s time to hit the hay again? | 你又要跟我说你是时候睡觉了吗? |
[24:50] | Damn, did I say that? | 该死 |
[24:51] | [chuckles softly] | 我说过那样的话? |
[24:52] | Man, I was an asshole. | 天啊 |
[24:54] | [chuckles] | 我之前真是个混蛋 |
[24:55] | Yeah, you really were. | 没错 你确实是 |
[24:57] | Sorry about that. | 对不起 |
[24:58] | Mmm, it’s okay. Your grand romantic gesture made up for it. | 没关系 |
[25:02] | [gentle music playing] | 你的浪漫之举弥补了这一点 |
[25:09] | Devi… | 德维… |
[25:11] | I think we should be together. | 我认为我们该在一起 |
[25:14] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的? -真的 |
[25:16] | Like, when we both get to school, let’s give this a real try. | 等我们都去上大学了 我们试着真正交往一下吧 |
[25:19] | New York and New Jersey aren’t that far away. | 纽约和新泽西并不是离得很远 |
[25:21] | I mean, culturally, they’re in different galaxies, | 虽说在文化上它们天差地别 |
[25:23] | but geographically, I think we can make it work. | 但在地理上 我想我们可以往来的 |
[25:26] | Okay. As long as you stop shitting on Jersey. | 好 只要你别再吐槽新泽西就行 |
[25:29] | -It’s just so easy to. -Hmm. | 真的很难不吐槽嘛 |
[25:31] | But for you, I can try. | 但是为了你 |
[25:33] | [chuckles softly] | 我可以试试 |
[25:35] | Then I’m in. | 那我就跟你交往 |
[25:36] | [music continues] | |
[25:41] | Okay, I should go home. I have to head to the airport soon. | 好了 |
[25:44] | Hmm. | 我该回家了 我很快就得去机场了 |
[25:47] | Oh shit, how am I gonna get back into my sari? | 噢 |
[25:51] | Oh, uh, I’ll pull up a YouTube video? | 糟糕 |
[25:55] | Hmm. | 我要怎么穿回我的纱丽? 要不在YouTube上找个视频? |
[25:59] | [Nalini] Devi, you better be up. | 德维 你最好已经起床了 |
[26:00] | Arriving two hours early at the airport | 提前两个小时到机场 |
[26:02] | does not include time for a random screening at security. | 可没把安检随机抽查的时间算在内 |
[26:08] | You’re up? | 你已经起来了? |
[26:09] | Wide awake, fully packed, mostly showered. | 我已经完全清醒了 |
[26:13] | [chuckles] | 也收拾好行李了 还洗过澡了 |
[26:15] | So… [exhales] | 这么说 |
[26:16] | …you ready? | 你已经准备好了? |
[26:20] | Yeah… | 对 |
[26:23] | I think I am. | 我想我已经准备好了 |
[26:29] | Wait, I forgot something. | 等等 我忘记了一件事 |
[26:31] | You start loading the car. I’ll be right back. | 你先开始装车吧 |
[26:33] | Uh… [uplifting music playing] | 我马上就下来 |
[26:38] | [Devi] What’s poppin’, gods? | 各位真神 你们好吗? |
[26:39] | You’ve probably heard, but it’s a big day. | 你们或许已经听说了 今天可是个大日子啊 |
[26:43] | I’m finally headed East. | 我终于要到东海岸去了 |
[26:45] | I know when we normally talk, | 我知道 平常我向你们祷告时 |
[26:48] | I usually ask for stuff like smaller pores, | 我通常都会求你们让我的毛孔变小 |
[26:51] | or a boyfriend who can do one-arm push-ups, | 或者赐我个能单手做俯卧撑的男朋友 |
[26:53] | but this morning, I really just wanna say… | 但是今天早上 我只想说… |
[26:58] | thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[27:00] | I feel really, really grateful. | 我非常感激你们 |
[27:04] | I have this awesome life full of dope people who care about me… | 我过着非常棒的生活 |
[27:10] | and who love me. | 我身边全是非常好的人 他们都非常关心我和爱我 |
[27:13] | So thanks for always looking out for your girl. | 所以感谢你们一直以来对我的庇佑 |
[27:16] | And if you wouldn’t mind keeping an eye on my mom while I’m gone, | 如果我不在的时候 你们可以帮我照看一下我妈妈 |
[27:19] | I would really appreciate it. | 我会非常感激你们的 |
[27:23] | Also, wouldn’t be mad if you equally distributed my freshman 15 | 另外 我不介意 |
[27:27] | between my boobs and my ass. | 你们把我大一要长的肉 平均分摊到我的胸部和屁股上 |
[27:28] | No. No, no, no. Never mind, forget that. | 不 算了 当我没说 |
[27:32] | Just… please take care of my mom. | 请你们照顾好我妈妈就行了 |
[27:35] | She deserves to feel really lucky too. | 她也应该感觉自己非常幸运 |
[27:38] | Anyway, | 好了 |
[27:40] | I love you guys. | 我爱你们 |
[27:43] | [breathes deeply] | |
[27:46] | And I’ll see you at Princeton. | 我和你在普林斯顿见咯 |
[27:49] | [“Don’t Know Why” by Slowdive playing] | |
[27:54] | [McEnroe] And so our Sherman Oaks squad embarked on their new lives… | 就这样 |
[27:59] | [laughs] | 舍曼奥克斯高中的这几位 在东西两侧海岸… |
[28:03] | …on both coasts. | 过上了新的生活 |
[28:04] | What do you think, Gears? | 吉尔斯 你觉得怎么样? |
[28:06] | [Gears] College friggin’ rules. | 大学太他妈棒了 |
[28:09] | [McEnroe] East… | 东海岸… |
[28:12] | [exploding] | |
[28:13] | …and West… | 和西海岸… |
[28:14] | -[woman] And cut. -Thank you. | -停 -谢谢 |
[28:16] | -I got it. -It was really good! | -我拍到了 -刚才真是太棒了! |
[28:18] | -Did you see how big my explosion was? -[Eleanor] Yeah, it was huge. | -你看到我刚才弄的爆炸有多大吗? -看到了 好大啊 |
[28:22] | [McEnroe] …and also one desert college town. | …还有一座沙漠大学城 (亚利桑那州立大学) |
[28:26] | But everyone felt like they were exactly where they needed to be. | 但每个人都觉得 自己身处的就是他们该待的地方 |
[28:30] | -Mmm, so good. -Pista. | -真好吃 -开心果味的 |
[28:32] | -You always pick so much better than me. -[Kamala] You get the weird flavors. | -你挑的总是比我挑的好吃 -你老是挑到一些奇怪的口味 |
[28:35] | [McEnroe] And after four rocky years of high school, | 而在经历了四年坎坷的高中生活后 |
[28:38] | Devi finally had both the boy and the college of her dreams. | 德维终于同时收获了 她的梦中情人和她梦寐以求的大学 |
[28:42] | There would be other dreams, of course, | 当然了 她还会有别的梦想 |
[28:44] | like becoming the first Supreme Court Justice | 比如成为第一个既是最高法院大法官 |
[28:47] | who’s also a hip-hop artist, | 又是嘻哈艺人的人 |
[28:49] | but in this moment, | 但在这一刻 |
[28:51] | our little hothead from the Valley was pretty happy. | 这个来自圣费尔南多谷的莽撞女孩 感到很幸福 |
[28:54] | So this is John McEnroe live | 好了 我是约翰·麦肯罗 |
[28:57] | from Princeton, New Jersey, signing off. | 我在新泽西普林斯顿 为你带来的现场报道就告一段落了 |
[29:01] | For now. | 应该说暂告一段落才对 |
[29:02] | [“Don’t Know Why” continues playing] | |
[29:04] | ♪ My shabby heart was acting out ♪ | |
[29:14] | ♪ You know I don’t want no one else ♪ | |
[29:36] | ♪ Put it all behind you Put it in a song, yeah ♪ | |
[29:39] | ♪ I don’t want to know about it ♪ | |
[29:42] | ♪ Put it in a corner Somewhere I can’t find it ♪ | |
[29:44] | ♪ I don’t want to think about ♪ | |
[29:47] | ♪ Put it on a fire Put it in a pocket ♪ | |
[29:49] | ♪ I don’t want to see you now ♪ | |
[29:52] | [song fades] |