时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Attention, citizens of the Internet. | 各位网友 各位亲 |
[00:20] | We are calling upon every able-bodied viewer | 各位四肢健全的猛丝们 |
[00:23] | for another adrenalized tour of duty for Shay’s Army. | 都来跟着谢伊玩一场心跳之旅吧 |
[00:27] | I am General Shay. | 我是”谢伊将军” |
[00:28] | And I am Major Mitch. | 我是”米奇上校” |
[00:30] | – And I’m Jess– – Shut the hell up, Jessie. | -我是杰西 -闭嘴吧 杰西 |
[00:32] | Seriously, no one’s gonna recognize you. | 没人认识你这种屌丝 |
[00:33] | Not without a microwave cemented on your head. | 你不作死 就不会有关注度 |
[00:35] | We’re coming to you live from Hacienda Park | 我们在牧场公园进行直播 |
[00:38] | where we have a stunt so daring… | 带来一场惊悚表演 |
[00:41] | A video so bold… | 超级惊爆 |
[00:43] | – It might… – Just… | -可能 -会 |
[00:44] | Break the Internet! | 惊爆全网 |
[00:47] | We’re about to turn this merry-go-round… | 我们要把旋转木马 |
[00:50] | Into a scary-go-round. | 改成”惊恐木马” |
[00:56] | Daddy likes. | 小爷喜欢 |
[00:59] | Jessie, you ready to take a ride into infinity and beyond? | 杰西 准备好头晕目眩了吗 |
[01:03] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[01:04] | Ready, set… | 准备 开始 |
[01:06] | Spin. | 转吧 |
[01:15] | Look at him go. It’s beautiful. | 旋转 跳跃 你沉醉了没 |
[01:28] | You’re really burning rubber. | 你真是”魔鬼赛车手”[烧焦橡胶] |
[01:36] | Shut him down, man. | 快让他停下 |
[01:47] | Not again! | 别又来一次啊 |
[02:01] | So what, now they got self-driving motorcycles? | 如今摩托也出自动驾驶款了吗 |
[02:03] | Wouldn’t that defeat the point? | 那还有什么骑车乐趣 |
[02:04] | That rider couldn’t have gone far. | 车主应该没走远 |
[02:06] | Buck, Eddie, hose that down and turn that bike off. | 巴克 埃迪 灭火 让车熄火 |
[02:14] | Think I saw Christopher watching a video like this online. | 克里斯托弗好像看过这种小视频 |
[02:17] | That bike wasn’t on fire. | 视频里摩托可没起火 |
[02:19] | Hey, can you hear me? | 你还清醒吗 |
[02:23] | All right, let’s get him off of there. | 把他抬下来 |
[02:32] | His pupils are extremely dilated. | 瞳孔严重扩散 |
[02:33] | Globe luxation in both eyes | 眼球脱臼 |
[02:36] | causing them to bulge out. | 造成眼球凸出 |
[02:37] | Blood pressure’s off the charts. | 血压爆表了 |
[02:39] | Starting a line. | 开始输液 |
[02:40] | What happened to him? | 他这是怎么了 |
[02:41] | Depending on how many times he was spinning around like that, | 要看他这样转多少次了 |
[02:43] | it could be G-lock. | 可能是”超负荷” |
[02:44] | G-force poisoning from the force of the spin? | 高速旋转导致身体重力负载吗 |
[02:46] | Right now, all his blood is pooling inside his head. | 他全身血液全都集中在脑部了 |
[02:49] | It’s pressing against his brain. | 压迫大脑 |
[02:50] | That’s why he’s out cold. | 他才昏迷了 |
[02:51] | We don’t get that swelling down, he could have a stroke. | 不立即降低颅压 他可能会中风 |
[02:54] | We’ve gotta get him stable enough for transport. | 要让他脱险 才能送医院 |
[02:56] | Running isotonic fluids. | 注射生理盐水 |
[02:58] | Wait, I feel like I know this guy. | 我好像见过这个人 |
[03:01] | All right, BP’s stabilizing. | 血压稳定 |
[03:02] | Administering numbing drops. | 眼部滴入治疗 |
[03:05] | I’ll hold back the curtains while you show these guests to their seats. | 铺好舞台 请开始你的表演 |
[03:10] | All right. | 好了 |
[03:13] | Here you go. | 可以了 |
[03:23] | Cap, we’re good here. | 老大 可以了 |
[03:24] | All right, let’s get him up | 扶他起来 |
[03:25] | and transported to the nearest neurosurgery trauma center. | 把他送到附近脑外伤中心医院 |
[03:28] | I can see. Thank you. | 我又能看见了 谢谢 |
[03:31] | Who did this to you? | 谁把你害成这样 |
[03:34] | I have an idea. | 我知道是谁了 |
[03:38] | You think Jessie’s okay? He looks really messed up. | 杰西没事吧 他看起来伤得很重 |
[03:41] | I’m sure he’s fine. | 他不会有事 |
[03:42] | Maybe we should go to the hospital. | 我们是不是该一起去医院啊 |
[03:44] | Afraid you’re gonna be otherwise occupied. | 恐怕你们去不成了 |
[03:47] | You’re under arrest for trespassing, vandalism, | 你们非法入侵 破坏公物 |
[03:50] | reckless endangerment, and disturbing the peace. | 怠忽致危 扰乱治安 我要逮捕你们 |
[03:53] | – You can’t prove anything. – Don’t need to. | -你们没法证明 -不用我证明 |
[03:55] | You fools livestreamed your confession on the Internet. | 你们两个傻缺都直播招认了 |
[03:58] | Hey, guys. Remember us? | 两位 记得我们吗 |
[04:00] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. How small is this town? | 不是吧 怎么偏偏又遇上 |
[04:02] | Don’t think you’re posting that without our permission. | 未经我们同意 不能发到网上 |
[04:04] | Yeah, even if you did, | 就算你们发了 |
[04:06] | just gonna get us more followers. | 也只会帮我们涨粉 |
[04:07] | Nah, this is just for an audience of one. | 不 这只给一个人看 |
[04:13] | Man, I really need new friends. | 我以后真要带眼识人了 |
[04:35] | I know that smile. | 我知道这笑意味着什么 |
[04:37] | Pair of aces. | 一对A |
[04:46] | Flush. | 同花顺 |
[04:48] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[04:49] | He falls for it every time. | 他每次都上当 |
[04:50] | How does this keep on happening? | 我怎么总是输啊 |
[04:52] | Because you suck at poker. | 因为你牌技太烂 |
[04:53] | Spoken by someone who also sucks at poker. | 话说 我也打得很烂 |
[04:56] | No judgment, but maybe you should quit while you’re behind. | 不是吐槽你 但你该懂得及时收手 |
[05:00] | Who needs more wine? | 谁还想要酒 |
[05:02] | I’m gonna need something stronger. | 来点烈酒 |
[05:04] | Thanks again for having me. This was fun. | 谢谢你们邀请我 太有意思了 |
[05:06] | For some of us. | 输家表示没意思 |
[05:07] | Well, all our couple friends were busy, | 身边情侣档都有事 |
[05:09] | so we figured we would target solos. | 我们只能找单身狗玩了 |
[05:11] | If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were setting us up. | 如果不是知根知底 我还以为这是介绍对象呢 |
[05:14] | No, I like you way too much to set you up with my brother. | 我这么喜欢你 怎么会让我弟去祸害你 |
[05:16] | Hey now. | 你当我是空气吗 |
[05:17] | And I love you too much | 我也太爱你了 |
[05:19] | to let you keep being so incredibly, tragically… | 舍不得让你一个人空虚寂寞冷 |
[05:24] | Some might say embarrassingly. | 准确来说是”惨兮兮” |
[05:25] | Single. | 单身狗 |
[05:26] | Tragic seems a bit much. | 也不至于用惨来形容吧 |
[05:28] | Closest you’ve gotten to turning on a woman in the past few months | 过去几个月 跟你最亲密的女人 |
[05:31] | is shouting out, “Hey, Siri!” | 就是你手机里的”Siri” |
[05:33] | Well, she’s very good to me. | 她对我可好了 |
[05:34] | She sings me songs, she delivers me food, | 给我唱歌 为我叫外卖 |
[05:36] | she tells me where to be, when, and how to get there, | 替我规划好地点 时间 路线 |
[05:39] | and that is pretty much love. | 如果这都不算爱 |
[05:41] | The rest I– | 还有… |
[05:42] | No, no, no. Dear God, I don’t wanna know. | 打住 求你 别再讲下去了 |
[05:44] | All right, all right, just ease up on the solos. | 行了 别再虐我们单身狗了 |
[05:47] | It’s hard out here. | 我们已经很惨了 |
[05:48] | See? Thank you. | 多谢理解 |
[05:50] | It’s LA. | 这里是洛杉矶 |
[05:51] | Everybody’s always in their car | 大家行色匆匆 不是在车里 |
[05:53] | or looking at their phones. | 就是低头看手机 |
[05:55] | Or in their car looking at their phones. | 再不然就是在车里看手机 |
[05:57] | And we’re stuck with online dating, which is– | 我们只能靠网络交友 |
[05:59] | An absolute nightmare. | 网络又太不靠谱了 |
[06:00] | The crazies, the randos, the catfishers, and not to mention the liars. | 不是精神病 就是神经病 更别说骗财骗炮了 |
[06:05] | Profile pics brought to you by Photoshop. | 美颜修图 堪比整容手术 |
[06:08] | Face it, guys. You two got lucky. | 知足吧 你们遇到彼此是福气 |
[06:10] | They did. | 没错 |
[06:11] | You guys have no idea how hard it is out there for the solos. | 现在找对象 难于上青天 |
[06:20] | Where’s Albert tonight? | 阿尔伯特今晚去哪了 |
[06:25] | He’s on a date. | 他去约会了 |
[06:27] | Come on. | 虐我啊 |
[06:30] | Looking for room 203. | 找203室 |
[06:35] | Didn’t it just go from 201 to 205? | 201室旁边怎么是205室啊 |
[06:40] | It’s the next one on the left. | 203室在那边左侧 |
[06:41] | Lab classrooms have a different layout. | 实验楼教室号不一样 |
[06:44] | Of course they do. | 无语了 |
[06:45] | Thank you again for coming. | 再次谢谢你陪我来 |
[06:47] | Don’t know if I’d be able to | 如果没有你 |
[06:47] | navigate the confusing waters of parent-teacher night without you. | 这次家长会 我肯定晕头转向了 |
[06:50] | Well, knowing these things is sorta my job. | 我是护工 必须轻车熟路 |
[06:53] | Okay, follow my lead. | 看我眼色行事 |
[06:54] | Try to ignore these teachers’ corny jokes. | 不用理会老师们的烂笑话 |
[06:59] | What jokes? | 什么笑话 |
[07:00] | What do you call a number that won’t sit still? | 无法静止不动的数字叫什么 |
[07:04] | A roamin’ numeral. | “漫游数字”[罗马数字] |
[07:10] | How do you make a bandstand? | 怎么”搭建乐队舞台”[站起来] |
[07:12] | Take away their chairs! | 拿走椅子 就站起来了 |
[07:15] | I don’t think he got it. | 他好像没听懂 |
[07:17] | No, I– I did. | 我听懂了 |
[07:20] | Christopher shows a great interest in science, | 克里斯托弗很喜欢自然学科 |
[07:22] | though he does keep telling other students | 但他会跟其他同学说 |
[07:24] | tsunamis aren’t a big deal, | 海啸根本不是事 |
[07:26] | which is unhelpful. | 这会误导别人 |
[07:27] | I’ll make sure to talk to him about that. | 我会跟他谈下这件事 |
[07:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:35] | No jokes? | 不讲笑话吗 |
[07:37] | I try to tell chemistry jokes, | 我想讲一个”化学反应”笑话 |
[07:39] | but there’s no reaction. | 但”没反应” |
[07:42] | Get it? | 听懂这个梗了吗 |
[07:43] | No reaction? | “没反应” |
[07:46] | You weren’t kidding about the jokes. | 果然是烂笑话不断啊 |
[07:48] | Well, hopefully the English teacher has a better shtick. | 希望英语老师不会尬幽默 |
[07:52] | So sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[07:53] | My last student’s father asked a surprising amount of questions. | 上个学生家长问了一大堆问题 |
[07:56] | I’m sure he did. | 想到了 |
[07:58] | Good to see you again, Ms. Price. | 又见面了 普莱斯夫人 |
[07:59] | And you must be Mr. Diaz. | 你就是迪亚兹先生了吧 |
[08:01] | Please, call me Eddie. It’s short for– | 叫我埃迪就可以了 全名是 |
[08:03] | Edmundo? | 埃德蒙多 |
[08:05] | Most people guess Eduardo. | 很多人会以为是爱德华多 |
[08:06] | Growing up, I had a grandfather named Edmundo. | 我祖父就叫埃德蒙多 |
[08:09] | He was my favorite. | 他生前 我最喜欢他了 |
[08:11] | Mine too. I mean… | 我也是 我… |
[08:13] | So let’s talk about Christopher. | 说一下克里斯托弗吧 |
[08:15] | He’s been doing really well in my class. | 他英语课表现不错 |
[08:18] | His verbal skills have definitely improved. | 语言表达能力显著提升 |
[08:20] | He’s still a little shy about reading out loud, | 他还是不太好意思大声朗读 |
[08:22] | but he definitely understands the material. | 但阅读理解没问题 |
[08:25] | I attribute that to him being read to from an early age, | 一看就是从小有人给他读故事 |
[08:27] | so bravo there. | 早教做得好 |
[08:29] | No, we have his mother to thank for that. | 这都是他母亲的功劳 |
[08:31] | Christopher tells me you’ve kept it up since she’s been gone. | 克里斯托弗说她去世之后 你来读了 |
[08:35] | I try to do the voices, but she was better at it. | 我努力模仿角色了 但她更擅长 |
[08:38] | I’m sure you’re no slouch. | 我相信你也毫不逊色 |
[08:39] | No, he isn’t. | 他确实很出色 |
[08:42] | Christopher is also one of our most popular students. | 克里斯托弗还是班里的人气王之一 |
[08:45] | He loves making the other kids laugh. | 他喜欢给大家带来欢乐 |
[08:47] | – Is that a problem? – Not at all. | -这是个问题吗 -完全不是 |
[08:49] | He’s a very sweet and kind boy. | 他是个贴心善良的好孩子 |
[08:52] | You’re doing a great job. | 你把他教养得很好 |
[08:54] | Thank you. | 过奖 |
[08:59] | We gonna talk about that? | 要聊聊刚才的事吗 |
[09:02] | That I’m basically raising a funny, popular, young genius? | 我养了一个风趣幽默 人气爆红的人才吗 |
[09:05] | That has a pretty young thing for an English teacher. | 还对英语老师有点意思呢 |
[09:08] | Was she pretty? Didn’t even notice. | 她漂亮吗 我都没注意 |
[09:10] | I’m sorry. | 还装呢 |
[09:11] | I must have you confused with someone | 刚才不是你一个劲暗送秋波 |
[09:13] | who couldn’t stop gazing into Ms. Flores’s big blue eyes. | 盯着弗洛里斯老师蓝洼洼的大眼睛吗 |
[09:16] | They were brown. | 是棕色 |
[09:17] | And you’re right. | 确实是 |
[09:19] | Too bad you didn’t notice. | 还说你没注意呢 |
[09:33] | Dr. Calloway. | 卡洛威医生 |
[09:34] | Sergeant Grant. Good to see you. | 格兰特警官 你好 |
[09:36] | – How’s your husband? – Bobby’s doing well, thank you. | -你丈夫怎么样 -巴比很好 多谢关心 |
[09:39] | You called in a gunshot wound? | 你上报了一起枪伤事件 |
[09:40] | Yes. Female, early 50s. | 对 五十多岁女性 |
[09:42] | Came in complaining about headaches and some disorientation. | 来院检查 声称头疼 神志恍惚 |
[09:46] | Now, given the scar tissue, | 根据组织愈合程度 |
[09:49] | I’m going to estimate this bullet has been there for two, maybe three months. | 这颗子弹大概在脑中待了两三个月了 |
[09:54] | Wait. This is an old gunshot wound? | 等下 这是以前中的枪吗 |
[09:57] | Yes. | 是 |
[09:58] | Why wasn’t it reported the day it happened? | 中枪那天怎么没上报 |
[10:00] | Because that woman didn’t even know she had been shot. | 因为那个女人都不知道自己中枪了 |
[10:03] | Not until today. | 今天才得知 |
[10:14] | Joan? | 琼安 |
[10:15] | This is Detective Romero. | 这是罗梅罗警探 |
[10:17] | He needs to ask you– | 他得问你 |
[10:18] | More questions? | 又问吗 |
[10:20] | I really think this has to be a terrible mistake. | 这肯定是搞错了 |
[10:23] | I promise you I have never been shot. | 我真没中过枪 |
[10:25] | In the head or anywhere else. | 不管是头 还是其他部位 |
[10:28] | It feels like something I’d remember, don’t you think? | 我要是中枪了 我能不记得吗 |
[10:31] | Ma’am, we saw the X-rays. | 女士 片子都拍出来了 |
[10:33] | So did I. And Dr… | 我也看到了 那个医生 |
[10:36] | – Calloway. – Yes, Dr. Calloway. | -卡洛威 -对 卡洛威医生 |
[10:40] | He seems like a lovely man, | 感觉他人很好 |
[10:42] | but hospitals always make mistakes. | 但医院经常出乌龙事件 |
[10:45] | I’ve heard stories about people having the wrong limbs amputated. | 我还听说有患者被截错肢呢 |
[10:49] | Well, the doctor seems pretty sure, | 医生很肯定 |
[10:50] | so we need to investigate, find out what might’ve happened to you. | 所以我们要查一下你是不是出过什么事 |
[10:54] | So the doctor thinks that if you were shot, | 医生认为 如果你真中过枪 |
[10:56] | it would’ve happened sometime in January, maybe early February. | 应该是一月份 二月初左右 |
[10:59] | Did anything during that time period happen that was unusual? | 那段时间有什么事发生吗 |
[11:03] | Not really. My life is pretty boring. | 没什么事 我生活很单调 |
[11:06] | It’s just me and my husband. | 就我和我丈夫两人 |
[11:09] | Where is your husband? Is he on his way? | 你丈夫呢 他正赶过来吗 |
[11:11] | No, he’s out of town. Golfing I think. | 不 他出城了 去打高尔夫了吧 |
[11:14] | Maybe Pebble Beach. | 圆石滩高尔夫球场 |
[11:16] | He took early retirement last year, | 他去年提早退休了 |
[11:18] | so he is always looking for things to do. | 一直闲不住 |
[11:20] | Me, I am a happy homebody. | 而我则喜欢宅在家 |
[11:23] | I should call him, shouldn’t I? | 我该联系他吧 |
[11:26] | You know. | 是这样 |
[11:27] | I probably have the information in here. | 我包里可能有线索 |
[11:34] | Joan, you came into the ER with a headache. | 琼安 你来医院检查头痛 |
[11:37] | Do you get those a lot? | 你经常吃止痛片吗 |
[11:39] | Never used to, but now it seems like I always have one. | 以前不是 但现在必须吃 |
[11:41] | I tried cutting out caffeine | 我试着不喝咖啡 |
[11:44] | and red wine and bacon, but still. | 不喝红酒 不吃培根 但还是很疼 |
[11:48] | Here. | 给 |
[11:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:52] | Do you normally write everything down? | 你总是习惯记录一切吗 |
[11:55] | Always prided myself in remembering things. | 我以前记忆力特别好 |
[11:57] | Names, phone numbers, birthdays. | 名字 手机号 生日 倒背如流 |
[12:01] | But you get older, and you start to need a little help. | 但人上年纪了 就得写下来了 |
[12:05] | Joan, are you okay? | 琼安 你没事吧 |
[12:08] | I think I need to talk to that doctor again– | 我得再找一下那个医生 |
[12:14] | – Dr… – Calloway? | -叫什么 -卡洛威 |
[12:16] | Yes, thank you. My memory is terrible. | 对 谢谢 我记性太差了 |
[12:19] | Do you mind if we keep this? We’ll return it. | 我们先拿走行吗 稍后再还你 |
[12:21] | Go right ahead. | 行 |
[12:22] | – Thank you. – Thank you, Joan. | -谢谢 -谢谢 琼安 |
[12:30] | She really doesn’t remember being shot. | 她真不记得中过枪 |
[12:31] | I’m not sure she wants to. | 她好像也不愿记起 |
[12:33] | You think it’s the husband. | 你觉得是她老公 |
[12:36] | I think that no one ever really knows what goes on inside of a marriage. | 我觉得家家有本难念的经 |
[12:41] | Sometimes, not even the people inside it. | 两口子之间也有秘密 |
[12:50] | Carla. | 卡拉 |
[12:52] | What the hell happened? | 发生没事了 |
[12:53] | I told you Christopher is fine. | 我都说克里斯托弗没事了 |
[12:55] | You didn’t have to come down here. | 你不用非得跑过来 |
[12:56] | It’s just some scrapes and bruises. | 就是蹭破点皮 |
[12:57] | He hurt himself? How? | 他伤到自己了 怎么会这样 |
[12:59] | Well, it turns out that Christopher and skateboards don’t get along very well. | 克里斯托弗不适合玩滑板呗 |
[13:02] | – You let him skateboard? – I am so sorry, Mr. Diaz. | -你让他玩滑板了 -我很抱歉 迪亚兹先生 |
[13:06] | We didn’t know one of the kids had brought a skateboard. | 我们不知道一个学生带滑板来学校了 |
[13:08] | You didn’t know? | 你不知道 |
[13:09] | He could’ve broken his neck. | 他万一摔断脖子怎么办 |
[13:10] | I know, and I feel terrible. | 我知道 我很歉疚 |
[13:13] | The other kids were showing him how to ride it | 其他同学教他怎么滑 |
[13:16] | and they didn’t know that– | 他们不知道 |
[13:17] | Didn’t they? | 是吗 |
[13:17] | No, let’s push the kid with CP around on a skateboard for fun. | 不是故意让脑瘫患者玩滑板来取乐吗 |
[13:20] | You let them make a fool out of my son. | 你让他们逗弄我儿子 |
[13:22] | Eddie. | 埃迪 |
[13:23] | I promise you that’s not what happened here. | 真不是那样 |
[13:28] | Christopher. | 克里斯托弗 |
[13:31] | My God. | 天呐 |
[13:33] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[13:35] | I’m sorry about my clothes. | 很抱歉弄脏衣服了 |
[13:37] | No, don’t worry about that. | 这没什么 |
[13:39] | I could run to the house, get some clean clothes for him to change into. | 我可以回家 拿些干净衣服来 |
[13:41] | No, we’re done for the day. | 不用了 我们直接回家 |
[13:43] | Come on. We’re leaving. | 走 我们回家 |
[13:45] | But school isn’t over. | 但还没放学呢 |
[13:48] | It is now. | 你放学了 |
[14:02] | Well, I appreciate that, Principal Summers. | 很感谢 萨默斯校长 |
[14:04] | Okay. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[14:07] | So should I expect some kid’s head on a spike at tomorrow’s drop-off? | 明天会看到有孩子被”挂尸”吗 |
[14:11] | They sent skateboard kid home early. | 学校让带滑板的孩子先回家了 |
[14:12] | Principal’s gonna meet with the parents in the morning, | 校长明早会见那个孩子的家长 |
[14:14] | figure out what the punishment should be. | 看怎么处罚 |
[14:15] | And what about the kid who fell off the skateboard? | 那摔下滑板的孩子呢 |
[14:18] | Think I should punish Christopher for getting hurt? | 克里斯托弗受伤要挨罚吗 |
[14:20] | No, but I think you should talk to him about how he got hurt. | 不 但你该跟他聊一下他怎么会受伤 |
[14:25] | I know Christopher wants to be like all the other kids, but– | 我知道克里斯想跟其他孩子一样 但是 |
[14:28] | You want me to tell him he’s different? | 你想让我说 他跟正常孩子不一样吗 |
[14:29] | He already knows that. | 他已经知道这一点了 |
[14:31] | You need to teach him what it means. | 你得教会他怎么应对 |
[14:36] | That he has limitations. | 有些事 他做不了 |
[14:41] | I’m not gonna tell my kid that. | 我不会跟我儿子说这种话 |
[14:45] | Hey, buddy. How you feeling? | 小家伙 你感觉怎么样 |
[14:48] | Dumb. | 很蠢 |
[14:49] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你说什么呢 |
[14:52] | Everybody saw me fall. | 大家都看到我摔跤了 |
[14:55] | People fall. It happens. | 摔跤而已 不足为奇 |
[14:58] | Nothing to be embarrassed about. | 不是什么丢脸的事 |
[15:01] | That boy should’ve never pressured you into getting on that skateboard. | 那个同学就不该逼你玩滑板 |
[15:04] | It was my idea. | 是我想玩 |
[15:08] | It was your idea to get on the skateboard? | 你想玩滑板吗 |
[15:10] | Looked fun. It wasn’t. | 感觉很有意思 但滑起来很难 |
[15:13] | Chris, why would you do that? | 克里斯 你为什么那么做 |
[15:16] | You had to know it’d be dangerous. | 你知道这样很危险 |
[15:17] | You always said I can do anything. | 你总说 我什么都能行 |
[15:21] | You lied. | 你骗我 |
[15:33] | Okay, it worked. You inspired me. | 你的催促成功了 |
[15:36] | I don’t think I meant to, but you’re welcome. | 不知道你指什么 但不用谢了 |
[15:39] | I may have reactivated one of my dating profiles. | 我开始上相亲网站找对象了 |
[15:42] | Really? | 真的啊 |
[15:43] | I spent two hours on the phone the other night | 我那晚跟一个男人聊了俩小时 |
[15:46] | talking to a cute guy who seems sweet and funny | 他很贴心 很风趣 |
[15:50] | and not at all like one of those chat room psychos. | 跟那种随机交友的屌丝完全不是一个档次 |
[15:52] | Wait, how can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[15:53] | His profile contains actual sentences with correct grammar and punctuation. | 他的介绍语不是火星语 语法正确 还加了标点 |
[15:59] | There was even a successfully deployed semicolon. | 还用对了分号 |
[16:01] | I never use semicolons. I just don’t get the point. | 我从来不用分号 不知道怎么用 |
[16:04] | Anyway, we’re meeting up tonight in a public setting, | 总之 我们约好今晚在公共场所见面 |
[16:08] | and I am really looking forward to it. | 我满心期待啊 |
[16:11] | I just– | 我 |
[16:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:14] | I don’t want the one-night stand. | 我不想只是约炮 |
[16:16] | I’m tired of being alone. | 我不想再做单身狗了 |
[16:18] | Aside from my coworkers, | 除了同事 |
[16:20] | the most meaningful relationships in my life are made 10 minutes at a time | 我人生中最真切的情感交流就是”求救电话” |
[16:24] | with people I’ll never see or talk to again, | 全都是陌生人 |
[16:27] | some of whom don’t survive. | 有些还会遇难身亡 |
[16:30] | It sounds silly, but he calls, | 虽然有些傻气 但他打来电话 |
[16:32] | and I’m excited to answer the phone | 我迫不及待接电话 |
[16:34] | for the first time in a long time. | 很久没有这种感觉了 |
[16:36] | I don’t think that sounds silly at all. | 这一点也不傻气 |
[16:38] | So you don’t think online dating is a terrible idea? | 你不觉得网上交友不靠谱喽 |
[16:41] | I think everyone has a match. | 每个人都会寻获自己的缘分 |
[16:44] | You just have to find him. | 缘分会迟到 但不会缺席 |
[16:50] | Hey, guys. Tessa here. | 大家好 我是泰莎 |
[16:52] | I’m 27 and from the Bay Area. | 今年27岁 来自湾区 |
[16:55] | Full disclosure, I’m a vegan, | 先公开 我是素食者 |
[16:56] | so living that plant life, but otherwise normal. | 只吃蔬菜 但除此之外 就没什么了 |
[16:59] | I just reinstalled this app on my phone. | 我刚下载这个软件 |
[17:02] | Please don’t make me regret it. | 希望我不会被辜负 |
[17:04] | Hello, women of the Internet. | 网上的妹子们好 |
[17:07] | I’m Gary. | 我是盖瑞 |
[17:08] | I like long walks on the beach, deep conversations, | 我喜欢在海边散步 喜欢谈心 |
[17:13] | and other boilerplate dating clichés. | 总之就是交友那一套 都喜欢 |
[17:17] | Hoping to find someone sweet to get me off this godforsaken app, | 希望找个甜美妹子 让我可以卸了这个软件 |
[17:21] | so let me know. | 联系我吧 |
[17:47] | Yeah. Just right there. | 就在那边 |
[18:31] | Come on, come on, come on. | 快下去啊 下去啊 |
[18:34] | No, no, no. No. | 坏了 坏了 |
[18:39] | Shoot! | 完了 |
[18:48] | Okay, come on. | 快冲下去 |
[18:53] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 别啊 别啊 |
[19:07] | Come on, come on. Come on. | 扔下去好了 |
[19:11] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 不是吧 别这么衰啊 |
[19:20] | Come on. | 加把劲 |
[19:22] | Come on! | 我能拿到 |
[19:25] | God. | 天 |
[19:34] | Come on. | 别卡住啊 |
[19:50] | Bathroom door’s locked. | 厕所门反锁了 |
[19:52] | Eddie, can you move her or not? | 埃迪 能不能把她拽出来 |
[19:54] | Not there yet, Cap. | 我还没到 老大 |
[19:59] | Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your– | 长发姑娘 请扔下你的[出自《魔发奇缘》 将长发扔下] |
[20:01] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[20:06] | And I thought the new baby went everywhere. | 还以为又有人扔孩子了 |
[20:06] | 美国之前发生一起火灾 有人情急之下把婴儿从窗户扔下 一个路人接住了 | |
[20:08] | This is not the fairytale romance I had in mind. | 我幻想的爱情童话破灭了 |
[20:11] | So what, bad date and you were trying to escape? | 约会不满意 你是想跳窗逃走吗 |
[20:15] | No, there was a whole Lemony Snicket level of things that went wrong here. | 简直是现实版”雷蒙·斯尼奇的不幸历险” |
[20:19] | – She clear of the door? – Sure is, Cap. | -她没在门边吧 -没有 老大 |
[20:21] | Do what you gotta do. | 动手吧 |
[20:27] | God. | 天呐 |
[20:28] | He’s never gonna wanna see me again. | 他肯定再也不想见到我了 |
[20:29] | I’m sorry. I’ll pay to fix that. | 对不起 我会赔偿你维修费 |
[20:32] | Okay, guys, let’s try to gently pull her through. | 各位 看看能不能把她慢慢抬下来 |
[20:34] | Ma’am, I need you to exhale. | 女士 用力呼气 |
[20:38] | Okay, stop. She’s not gonna come out the way she went in. | 停手吧 原路返回是不可能了 |
[20:40] | Cap, this is original wood. | 老大 这是原木 |
[20:42] | We can’t just poop out the top panel. | 没法直接把顶部窗格”拉”出去 |
[20:45] | Pop. We– can’t just pop out the top panel. Sorry. | 推出去 没法推出去 无意冒犯 |
[20:48] | We have to take apart the frame. | 我们得把窗框拆掉 |
[20:50] | Guys, we’re gonna need the saws. | 各位 上电锯 |
[20:51] | You’re gonna cut the window? | 你们要锯掉窗户 |
[20:53] | This just keeps getting worse. | 坏事一桩接一桩 |
[20:54] | Ma’am, just try to stay calm. How’s she looking, Hen? | 女士 请冷静 她情况如何 亨 |
[20:56] | Vitals are good. Just breathing a little heavy. | 体征正常 就是有点喘粗气 |
[20:59] | Are you in pain? | 你哪里疼吗 |
[21:00] | No, but has anyone ever died of actual shame? | 不疼 见过有人羞愤而死吗 |
[21:04] | I’m sorry, Gary. | 真抱歉 盖瑞 |
[21:05] | This is not how I wanted our first date to go. | 我没想到初次约会就闹得这么难堪 |
[21:07] | It can only get better from here, right? | 触底反弹嘛 |
[21:10] | I’ve always wanted a bay window. | 我正好趁机换个飘窗 |
[21:12] | He’s probably never gonna wanna speak to me again, | 他大概再也不想见到我了 |
[21:14] | and you have no idea how hard it is to meet someone these days. | 你根本不知道现在找对象有多难 |
[21:17] | Believe me, as a fellow solo, I know. | 信我吧 同为单身汪 我懂 |
[21:19] | Eddie might’ve finally met someone special. | 埃迪前两天倒是遇到了中意的姑娘 |
[21:21] | Then he went and bit her head off. | 结果转头就把人家臭骂一顿 |
[21:22] | Now she’ll never talk to him again and will probably flunk his kid. | 她绝对不会搭理他了 而且他儿子还会因此挂科 |
[21:27] | Well, you kinda did. | 还不许人家说大实话了 |
[21:28] | Saw’s on its way up, Cap. | 电锯送上去了 老大 |
[21:30] | Are you guys using a saw? | 你们要用电锯 |
[21:37] | All right, guys. We got her out. | 好了 人救出来了 |
[21:39] | Can you take a deep breath for me? | 深呼吸一下吧 |
[21:43] | – Any pain in your ribs? – I’m okay. | -肋骨疼吗 -不疼 |
[21:45] | You good? All right. | 没事就好 |
[21:54] | I’ll call a Lyft. | 我自己打车回家 |
[21:58] | Or you– or you could stay. | 留下吧 |
[22:18] | Pretty sure all kids call their parents liars at some point. | 孩子们都会觉得大人骗自己 |
[22:22] | Yeah, well, feels a little different when you hear it coming out of your kid. | 轮到自己身上 就不是滋味了 |
[22:26] | Just wait till he gets to the “I don’t have to do what you tell me” phase. | 等到了叛逆期 你就等着操心吧 |
[22:29] | Aren’t you still in that phase? | 你的叛逆期也太长了吧 |
[22:31] | The thing is, he’s right. | 关键是 他说得对 |
[22:32] | I lied to him. | 我确实骗了他 |
[22:34] | Or maybe I lied to myself. | 算是自欺欺人吧 |
[22:36] | Either way, I feel like a fool. | 总之 我真是太傻了 |
[22:38] | I spent years trying to convince my kid to believe in the Easter Bunny. | 我多年来一直想给他编织一个童话世界 |
[22:44] | But now I gotta tell him none of it’s real. | 可到头来 还是得告诉他残酷的真相 |
[22:46] | Yeah, I think you might be overcorrecting here. | 也不必矫枉过正 |
[22:49] | Told him he’s no different than the other kid. | 告诉他 他和别的孩子一样就好 |
[22:51] | But he is. He has CP. | 但他与众不同 他有脑瘫 |
[22:54] | There’s a lot he can’t do. | 很多正常孩子能做的事 他都做不了 |
[22:57] | Have you ever heard of Jim Abbott? | 你听说过吉姆·阿伯特吗 |
[22:59] | Baseball player? | 棒球运动员吗 |
[23:00] | Pitched a no-hitter in the ’90s, | 上世纪90年代投出一场无安打比赛 |
[23:02] | which in itself is pretty crazy, | 能达成此成就的投手凤毛麟角 |
[23:04] | but it’s even crazier if you know that Jim Abbott was only born with one hand. | 但更劲爆的是 吉姆·阿伯特生来只有一只手 |
[23:10] | Yeah, really. I read his book when I was in the hospital. | 千真万确 我在医院时读了他的事迹 |
[23:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:15] | How’d he do it? | 他怎么做到的 |
[23:17] | He practiced switching his glove to his throwing hand relentlessly | 他不断练习戴手套 投球接球都用一只手 |
[23:22] | so that he could field after he pitched. | 投完球后 他就能无缝接球 |
[23:24] | I like the positivity. | 满满的正能量 |
[23:27] | I’m just not sure how any amount of practice | 可不管练得多努力 |
[23:29] | is gonna help Chris stay on a skateboard. | 克里斯恐怕都没法玩滑板 |
[23:40] | I’m not an invalid, you know. | 我又不是腿脚不便 |
[23:42] | I can still get groceries for myself. | 我需要什么可以自己买 |
[23:44] | I’m doing something nice. | 我好心帮你 |
[23:47] | – Say thank you. – Thank you. | -道谢就行了 -谢谢你 |
[23:50] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[23:51] | So what’s happening now with your bullet lady? | 脑中有子弹的患者怎么样了 |
[23:54] | They removed the bullet this morning, | 医生今早手术取出了子弹 |
[23:55] | so just waiting on ballistics to give us a clue to something. | 还在等弹道检测 看会不会有线索 |
[24:00] | Well, what about the husband? | 她丈夫怎么说 |
[24:03] | Claims he has no idea how his wife got shot. | 他声称自己对妻子中弹毫不知情 |
[24:06] | – I love you. – I love you too. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[24:09] | I love you more. | 我更爱你 |
[24:10] | He actually tried to interrogate us. | 他当时还想质问我们呢 |
[24:12] | Yeah, the best defense is a good offense. | 先下手为强啊 |
[24:15] | What about his alibi? | 他有不在场证明吗 |
[24:16] | Well, we don’t even know when she was shot. | 现在还不清楚她中弹的时间 |
[24:18] | I mean, without a specific timeline, we can’t prove anything. | 弄不清时间点 就无从下手 |
[24:22] | And the wife still doesn’t suspect him at all? | 妻子依然不怀疑是其丈夫所为吗 |
[24:25] | They say love is blind. | 爱情使人盲目 |
[24:28] | But in this case, I think willfully so. | 但她大概不是故意装傻 |
[24:32] | I mean, she went from having a great memory | 她之前记性很好 |
[24:35] | to forgetting the name of the doctor that she met an hour ago. | 可现在连刚见过的医生名字就记不住 |
[24:38] | Never prone to headaches, | 她之前没有头疼的毛病 |
[24:40] | but now she chewing aspirin like they breath mints. | 现在吃止痛药跟吃糖一样 |
[24:43] | I mean, her whole life fell apart. | 她的人生彻底乱套了 |
[24:46] | But she chose not to seek help for months. | 但她数月来从未想过自救 |
[24:48] | Well, maybe she just can’t believe the man that she married could ever hurt her. | 也许她想不到丈夫会伤害她 |
[24:53] | Hell, he’s her husband. She thinks she knows him. | 她兴许自以为了解自己的枕边人 |
[24:55] | Yeah, sometimes you don’t know who you married to, | 可有时 人们其实并不了解自己的配偶 |
[24:58] | and sometimes, they don’t want you to know. | 一方故意隐瞒能怎么办啊 |
[25:01] | The truth eventually comes out, though. | 真相总有大白的一天 |
[25:04] | But maybe with this, it’ll come out with your bullet. | 也许子弹取出后 真相就会水落石出 |
[25:09] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:11] | You know, the surgeon said that taking it out wasn’t that hard. | 医生说 取出子弹其实并不难 |
[25:15] | I mean, they were worried about the location of the bullet, | 他们之前很担心 因为子弹在大脑中 |
[25:18] | the risk of taking it out, | 手术取出也许会有风险 |
[25:19] | but as it turns out, she’s just fine. | 但事实证明 她好得很 |
[25:27] | Athena. | 阿西娜 |
[25:28] | Well, you know, now I finally know the motive of the groceries. | 我这下明白你为什么好心帮我买东西了 |
[25:32] | Look, I am not having this conversation again. | 手术的事就不要再提了 |
[25:37] | I am not doing that surgery. | 我不会做手术 |
[25:39] | So you’re just gonna wait to die. | 你也不能就这样等死啊 |
[25:41] | I’m going through another bout of radiation. | 我会做化疗 |
[25:44] | The doctors put my name on a list for a trial for this new chemotherapy pill. | 医生帮我争取了新的化疗药物 |
[25:49] | You know, it’s showing some promise for shrinking tumors. | 该药消除肿瘤的效果喜人 |
[25:52] | – How much promise? – Look, I know that you think– | -有几成把握 -我知道你觉得… |
[25:55] | That you are a fool. | 你这个傻子 |
[25:58] | Look, I wanna be supportive, Michael, | 我想支持你的决定 迈克尔 |
[26:00] | I wanna respect your wishes, but… | 我想尊重你的意愿 |
[26:07] | I do not want you to die. | 但我不想看你死去 |
[26:09] | Me either. Okay? | 我也不想死 |
[26:21] | Ballistics just came back. They found a match. | 弹道检测结果出来了 找到枪支了 |
[26:24] | – Does the gun belong to the husband? – Worse. | -丈夫的枪吗 -更惊人 |
[26:28] | It belongs to the wife. | 是妻子的枪 |
[26:55] | – Greg? – You must be Josh. | -格雷格吗 -你就是乔什吧 |
[26:56] | It’s really nice to meet you. | 幸会 |
[26:58] | As first dates go, I gotta admit you chose well. | 初次约会 你真会选地方 |
[27:01] | You know, you don’t usually think of the cemetery as a romantic place for a date, | 大家通常觉得墓地不适合约会 |
[27:05] | but it’s quaint, kind of kitschy, | 但墓地离奇有趣 气氛神秘朦胧 |
[27:08] | and there are plenty of exits | 四处都有出口 |
[27:09] | in case one of us turns out to be too sketchy. | 万一约会对象讨人嫌 随时可以跑路 |
[27:12] | I figure there is nothing more romantic than watching an old movie | 在这里看看老电影 |
[27:19] | snacking on the graves of the people who used to make them. | 在已故电影演员的坟前吃零食 多浪漫啊 |
[27:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:25] | If the zombies rise up, | 要是死人复活成僵尸 |
[27:26] | we’d be eaten by all the silver screen starlets and screenwriters. | 那我们就会被埋在这里的电影明星的编剧啃成渣渣 |
[27:30] | I love it. | 脑洞真大 |
[27:32] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[27:45] | And you like it there? It’s not too stressful? | 你的工作环境压力很大吧 |
[27:49] | No, it’s unbelievably stressful. | 不 简直是压力山大啊 |
[27:53] | But how many jobs can you go home at the end of the day | 但每天工作结束回到家 |
[27:56] | and feel like you’ve made a difference? | 都感觉自己是一个对社会有用的人 |
[27:58] | I’ll never be rich. I’ll never even be recognized. | 我不会大富大贵 也不会声名远扬 |
[28:01] | But I’ll be… | 但我会… |
[28:03] | worthwhile. | 活得很有意义 |
[28:06] | You know, I remember when going to the movies was about making out in the back row. | 从前去电影院的一大乐趣就是在后排亲热 |
[28:12] | I heard Rudolph Valentino’s grave is somewhere around here. | 我听说鲁道夫·瓦伦蒂诺[明星]的墓碑就在这里 |
[28:15] | Maybe in the back row. | 我们去后排找找看吧 |
[28:26] | This is exactly what I said I wouldn’t do on a first date. | 我来之前还信誓旦旦说 初次约会不想乱搞 |
[28:29] | Come on. This is the fun stuff. | 来嘛 再不疯狂就老了 |
[28:32] | Took you long enough. | 怎么这么久 |
[28:35] | Okay, I don’t know what you guys are into, | 虽然不知道你们俩搞什么名堂 |
[28:37] | but it definitely doesn’t feel like my scene. | 但我可不想插一脚 |
[28:39] | You know, for somebody who spends their days listening for clues, | 你整天接听求救电话 辨别真伪好坏 |
[28:43] | you sure managed to miss all of ’em. | 这次怎么这么迟钝啊 |
[28:49] | No. Please. | 不要 拜托 |
[28:50] | Hey, I’m not the one who went online begging somebody to play me. | 你可是在网上求着我们耍你玩 |
[29:02] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[29:05] | Hey, what’s going on over there? | 那边怎么回事 |
[29:23] | My God. | 天呐 |
[29:26] | Josh, are you okay? | 乔什 你没事吧 |
[29:27] | I’m okay. | 我没事 |
[29:28] | – What happened? – I got jumped. | -怎么回事 -我被抢劫了 |
[29:30] | They took my keys, my phone, my wallet, | 钥匙 手机 钱包都被抢走了 |
[29:32] | beat the crap out of me. | 我还被暴揍了一顿 |
[29:34] | For a minute there, I… | 有那么一瞬间 |
[29:37] | I thought they were gonna kill me. | 我都以为他们打算杀了我 |
[29:39] | Was this after your date? The movie thing? | 约会之后的事吗 |
[29:41] | It was my date. | 约会时就发生了 |
[29:43] | – He was the one. – God, I’m so sorry. | -约会对象打了我 -天呐 太惨了 |
[29:46] | He set me up. | 我中了他的圈套 |
[29:47] | Him and his friend. I never even saw it coming. | 他和朋友合伙设计我 打得我措手不及 |
[29:51] | I am an idiot. | 我真傻 |
[29:53] | I thought he was sweet. | 我当初还以为他是个好人 |
[29:55] | – That he liked me. – No. You just trusted the wrong person. | -我还以为他喜欢我 -别这么说 你只是一时被蒙蔽了 |
[30:00] | Mr. Russo? | 罗素先生 |
[30:02] | We had officers canvass the cemetery. | 警方搜查了墓地 |
[30:05] | There’s still no sign of your phone, | 没有找到你的手机 |
[30:06] | but they recovered your keys and your wallet. | 但你的钥匙和钱包都找到了 |
[30:09] | I’m afraid the cash was gone though. | 里面的现金已经没了 |
[30:10] | At least they saved me the hassle of replacing all my credit cards and IDs. | 至少不用费力重办信用卡和身份证了 |
[30:15] | You can pick up your things at the station. | 你可以去警局取回你的财物 |
[30:16] | A detective will take your formal statement then. | 警探会给你做口供 |
[30:18] | Does that have to happen tonight? | 我必须今晚去吗 |
[30:20] | I’m just really worn out. | 我真的精疲力竭了 |
[30:21] | Well, you know what? | 这样吧 |
[30:22] | You can just stay with me tonight | 你今晚先住我家 |
[30:24] | and I’ll drive you to the station in the morning. | 我明早开车送你去警局 |
[30:26] | Of course. Tomorrow is fine. | 没问题 那就明天吧 |
[30:28] | Are you sure you didn’t recognize either man? | 你真没法认出他们吗 |
[30:30] | No identifiable features? | 他们有没有可辨别的特征 |
[30:32] | No. Sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[30:34] | Look, we’ll do our best, but I need to set your expectations. | 我们会尽力调查 但你最好不要期望太高 |
[30:37] | No, I know the drill. | 没事 我都懂 |
[30:39] | If it’s okay, I’d like to get out of here | 不介意的话 我想赶紧离开 |
[30:41] | and just put this whole night behind me. | 忘记这个糟心的夜晚 |
[30:45] | – Call us if you think of anything else. – Thanks. | -有需要就联系我们 -谢谢 |
[30:50] | – Josh. – I already feel like a fool. | -乔什 -我已经觉得自己很丢人了 |
[30:53] | I don’t need the rest of the world in on the joke. | 这种丑事不必宣扬地人尽皆知 |
[31:08] | – Nothing? – No sign of the gun. Or any gun. | -没发现吗 -连把枪的影子都没有 |
[31:12] | No ammunition, no gunshot residue, no blood. | 没有子弹 枪击残留和血液 |
[31:15] | The house is immaculate. | 家里一尘不染 |
[31:21] | Ma’am? Hi, LAPD. | 女士 我们是洛杉矶警局 |
[31:23] | May we speak to you a moment? | 能跟你聊聊吗 |
[31:25] | I don’t see why not. Just doing a little yard work. | 有何不可 反正庭院不急着修理 |
[31:27] | Yes, Detective Romero was remarking on how lovely your yard looks. | 是啊 罗梅罗警探刚还夸你家庭院整洁呢 |
[31:31] | Being out here does take up most of my day. | 我确实在庭院上下了大工夫 |
[31:34] | I’m sure you see everything that goes on around here. | 那你对这一带的大小事应该了如指掌吧 |
[31:37] | I am also the president of our neighborhood watch. | 我还是邻里治安联防主席呢 |
[31:40] | I take that responsibility very seriously. | 我对此责无旁贷 |
[31:44] | How well do you know the Wallaces? | 你和沃利斯一家熟吗 |
[31:45] | We wave occasionally. I always liked Joan. | 我们经常打招呼 我一直喜欢琼安 |
[31:49] | Never that sure about Henry. | 但我之前不太了解亨利 |
[31:50] | Then he retired, and I finally was able to make up my mind. | 他退休后 我才有机会了解他 |
[31:54] | I don’t like the man. | 我不喜欢他 |
[31:56] | Between you and me, I’m not sure Joan does either. | 别对外人说 琼安好像也不喜欢他 |
[31:59] | They weren’t getting along? | 他们夫妻关系不和吗 |
[32:00] | You know, people used to retire at 65 | 从前的退休年龄是65岁 |
[32:03] | back when life expectancy was 68. | 可当时人均寿命才68岁 |
[32:06] | Now, it’s all early retirement and late life divorce. | 现在倒好 提前退休 劳燕分飞 |
[32:12] | I’m sorry, but I don’t understand | 别怪我多嘴 |
[32:14] | what any of this has to do with the break-in. | 这和入室抢劫有什么关系 |
[32:17] | Someone broke into their home? | 他们家遭到入室抢劫了吗 |
[32:19] | I assumed that was why you all were here. | 你们不是因为这个才上门吗 |
[32:21] | Though honestly, you are a little late to the party. | 但讲真 你们也太迟了吧 |
[32:25] | That must’ve been three months ago. | 都过了三个月了 |
[32:28] | Did the Wallaces tell you they’d had a break-in? | 沃利斯夫妇告诉你 他们家遭入室抢劫了吗 |
[32:30] | No. Their contractor did. | 不是 我听他们的承包商说的 |
[32:35] | That window there was replaced. | 那扇窗户整修过了 |
[32:37] | The contractor hauled away some furniture and a rug, | 承包商还拖走了部分家具 一块地毯 |
[32:40] | a bunch of Christmas decorations. | 一堆圣诞装饰 |
[32:42] | Said he painted and redid the floors too. | 听说 地板也重铺过了 |
[32:45] | Redecorating the crime scene? | 重装犯罪现场 |
[32:46] | That’s why we couldn’t find anything. | 怪不得我们一无所获 |
[32:48] | Didn’t see Joan or Henry for weeks. | 我好几周没见琼安和亨利了 |
[32:51] | They were out of town. | 他们出远门了 |
[32:52] | Do you remember when all of this happened? | 你记得具体日期吗 |
[32:56] | January 11th. | 1月11日 |
[32:57] | Would you like the contractor’s information? | 你们需要承包商的联系方式吗 |
[32:59] | Yes. Then I’d like to hug you. | 需要 我还想给你一个大大的拥抱 |
[33:04] | I think it’d be best if Mr. Wallace stepped outside. | 还是请沃利斯先生移步门外吧 |
[33:06] | That’s silly. Henry should stay. | 这么生分干什么 让亨利留下吧 |
[33:09] | My memory is terrible. Maybe he can help. | 我记性很差 他兴许还能帮上忙呢 |
[33:13] | You can have this back. We made a copy. | 还给你吧 我们复印过了 |
[33:15] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[33:16] | I was wondering where that had got to. | 我都不记得给你们了 |
[33:19] | When we were looking through it, | 我们翻看记事本时 |
[33:20] | we noticed that there didn’t seem to be any entries about your trip, | 未发现你外出旅行的记录 |
[33:24] | or the living room remodel. | 你也没记录客厅重新装修过了 |
[33:27] | Did we remodel the living room? | 我们重新装修了客厅吗 |
[33:31] | No, that’s right. We did. | 没错 确实装修过了 |
[33:35] | I just don’t remember why, though. | 可我不记得原因了 |
[33:40] | We just finished the house last year. | 我们去年才装修过 |
[33:43] | Why did we redo the living room? | 为什么要重装客厅呢 |
[33:46] | Do you remember what happened on January 11th? | 你记得1月11日的事吗 |
[33:50] | Maybe you were taking down Christmas decorations? | 你们当时似乎在拆卸圣诞装饰 |
[33:53] | No, we always take those down right after New Year’s. | 不可能 我们从来都是过完元旦就拆掉 |
[34:05] | Henry, what happened to that rug? | 亨利 那块地毯呢 |
[34:08] | I loved that rug. | 我可喜欢那块地毯了 |
[34:11] | Why did we replace it? | 为什么要换掉啊 |
[34:14] | There was an accident. | 那天出事了 |
[34:23] | Henry… | 亨利 |
[34:28] | What did you do? | 你干了什么 |
[34:35] | What did you do? | 你干了什么啊 |
[34:43] | I thought you were gonna take down those wreaths for me. | 你不是说好帮我把花环摘掉吗 |
[34:46] | – In a minute. – No more minutes. | -等等 -等什么等 |
[34:47] | We should’ve put all this stuff away last week. | 我们上周就该收拾干净了 |
[34:50] | What happens if we don’t? | 没收拾又能怎样 |
[34:52] | Does the world come screeching to a halt | 过了马丁路德金纪念日没摘花环 |
[34:54] | because the wreaths are up past MLK Day? | 地球不照样转吗 |
[34:57] | I don’t know why you’re like this. | 你现在怎么这样了 |
[34:59] | I miss when you used to work for a living. | 你上班时 状态多好啊 |
[35:01] | Yeah, well, you’ve never worked a day in your life. | 你一天班都没上过 |
[35:04] | The hell I haven’t. | 谁说我没有 |
[35:05] | I have taken care of this house | 我整天操持这个家 |
[35:07] | and I’ve taken care of you for the last 30 years, | 我照顾了你30年 |
[35:10] | and all I ask is that you– | 我只要求一点回报 |
[35:11] | And all you have asked is that I work 60-plus hours a week | 你要求我每周工作60多个小时 |
[35:15] | to support you and this house | 给你挣钱花 给你买房子 |
[35:17] | and whatever ridiculously expensive hobby your heart desires. | 供你去学贵得离谱的手艺 |
[35:21] | Ceramics class? | 这就是你陶艺班的成品 |
[35:24] | Henry, what did you do? | 亨利 你干什么 |
[35:26] | Do you know how hard I worked on that? | 你知道我费了多大心血才做好吗 |
[35:27] | No, but I know how much it cost me for you to learn how to make something | 不知道 但我知道你学这个花了我多少钱 |
[35:30] | that I could buy for 20 bucks! | 这种东西我花20块就能买到 |
[35:33] | Glass-blowing lessons! | 摔玻璃课开课啦 |
[35:37] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[35:38] | This is my time! | 我的人生我做主 |
[35:40] | My retirement! | 我要好好享受退休生活 |
[35:41] | And I’m not gonna let you rule my golden damn years | 你休想控制我的美好时光 |
[35:44] | the way you rule the rest of my damn life. | 你都管了我一辈子了 |
[35:55] | Fine. | 行 |
[36:00] | I will deal with the decorations myself. | 我自己拆装饰 |
[36:05] | I always thought when you retired, | 我本以为你退休后 |
[36:08] | it would be our time. | 我们能好好享受二人时光 |
[36:11] | Our time together. | 我们一起享受生活 |
[36:15] | I know you’re upset about something, | 我知道你心里有怨气 |
[36:17] | but I’m your wife, so you’re stuck with me. | 但我是你老婆 你这辈子是摆脱不了我了 |
[36:38] | You shot me. | 你居然开枪打我 |
[36:42] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我当时鬼迷心窍了 |
[36:44] | The thought of 30 more years in that house with you, and I– | 可一想到还得跟你憋屈地过30年 我就来气 |
[36:50] | Call it temporary insanity. | 大概是一时冲动了吧 |
[36:53] | Well, you are certainly within your rights to make that case to a judge. | 这话留着跟法官说去吧 |
[36:56] | I’m sorry, Joanie. | 对不起 琼琼 |
[36:58] | I regretted it immediately after I did it. | 我开枪后 立刻后悔了 |
[37:00] | I tried to make it up to you as best I could. | 我想尽力弥补你 |
[37:03] | After. | 以后好好待你 |
[37:04] | You lied to me. | 你骗了我 |
[37:06] | All this time, you knew what was wrong with me, | 你一直都知道实情 |
[37:09] | and you kept telling me it was all in my head. | 却骗我 是我脑子出了问题 |
[37:13] | Well, I guess it was, because you put it there. | 没错 因为你朝我脑袋打了一枪 |
[37:21] | Now, you’re gonna be okay. | 不会有事了 |
[37:24] | He played me for a fool. | 他拿我当傻子耍 |
[37:26] | And you just showed him that he was wrong. | 你刚刚证明了 你不会任人摆布 |
[37:37] | Chris. Come on, buddy. | 克里斯 快来 |
[37:39] | Eat something before school. | 吃完早餐 该去上学了 |
[37:41] | I don’t feel well. | 我不舒服 |
[37:44] | You sick? | 病了吗 |
[37:49] | You sure? | 确定吗 |
[37:51] | I don’t wanna go. | 我不想去上学 |
[37:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:01] | You still upset about the other day? | 你还在为那天的事不开心吗 |
[38:04] | I just wanna be like everyone else. | 我就是想和大家一样 |
[38:07] | I know. | 我懂 |
[38:10] | But you’re not. | 但你跟别人不一样 |
[38:12] | I know I told you you can do anything, | 我之前确实告诉你 你什么都能做 |
[38:14] | and that was a dumb thing for me to say. | 我那样说 很不负责任 |
[38:17] | – Because I have CP. – No. | -因为我有脑瘫 -不是 |
[38:20] | Because… | 因为 |
[38:23] | Nobody can do everything. | 没人无所不能 |
[38:26] | And yes, there are things in life that you’re not gonna be able to do. | 没错 你确实有些事做不了 |
[38:33] | And there’s other stuff that you are gonna be able to do, | 而有些事 你有能力去做 |
[38:36] | but it’s gonna be a lot harder than it is for the other kids | 但要付出比别的孩子百倍的努力 |
[38:39] | because you have CP. | 因为你有脑瘫 |
[38:41] | I’m sorry. I won’t skateboard again. | 对不起 我不会再滑滑板了 |
[38:44] | It’s not about the skateboarding. | 不是滑板的问题 |
[38:47] | I just don’t want you to be scared. | 我就是不希望你因此退缩 |
[38:51] | You tried something, and it didn’t work out. | 你试过了 但没成功 |
[38:54] | Maybe the next time it does. | 也许下次就行了 |
[38:55] | But you can skateboard. | 但你就会滑滑板 |
[38:58] | You know what I can’t do? | 你知道我不会干什么吗 |
[38:59] | Cook? | 做饭 |
[39:02] | Hey, that’s not nice. | 太扎心了 |
[39:04] | But probably true. | 不过确实是大实话 |
[39:07] | I have black thumb. | 我手笨 |
[39:09] | I’ve killed every plant that’s ever been given to me. | 种什么 死什么 |
[39:12] | But your science teacher told me | 但你的科学老师告诉我 |
[39:14] | that you did the best job out of your whole class | 你是班上表现最棒的孩子 |
[39:18] | growing plants from seeds, | 你很擅长园艺 |
[39:20] | so there’s something you’re better at than me. | 你这点比我强多了 |
[39:22] | – Really? – Really. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[39:25] | I don’t want you to ever stop trying. | 我不希望你就此放弃 |
[39:28] | But maybe… until you get a little older, | 等你再大一点 |
[39:32] | maybe we try new things together, okay? | 我们父子可以一起学点新东西 |
[39:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:38] | You’re not like any other kid. You’re my kid. | 你和其他孩子不一样 你是我儿子 |
[39:42] | I love you more than anything in this world. | 我最爱你了 |
[39:44] | I love you too, Dad. | 我也爱你 爸爸 |
[39:53] | Sorry, is this a bad time? | 抱歉 不方便吗 |
[39:55] | – Mr. Diaz. – Eddie. Please. | -迪亚兹先生 -叫我埃迪吧 |
[39:59] | I wanted to apologize for the other day. | 我想为那天的失态道歉 |
[40:02] | I was out of line and you didn’t deserve that. | 我失控了 不该吵你吼 |
[40:04] | You had every right to be upset. | 关心则乱是人之常情 |
[40:06] | It’s my job to look after your son and I failed to do that. | 我本该照顾好你儿子 可让他受伤了 |
[40:10] | I’m just relieved Christopher is okay. | 克里斯托弗没有大碍 我很欣慰 |
[40:12] | Yeah, I fight so hard to try and protect him, | 我总想保护他 |
[40:14] | I forget falling down is a part of life. | 可我忘了 磕磕碰碰是难免的事 |
[40:16] | – It’s supposed to teach us how to get back up, right? – Yes. | -摔倒后 才会学着爬起 -对 |
[40:19] | There’s a lot to be said for getting back on the horse, | 常言道 摔下后要重新爬到马背上 |
[40:21] | but there’s also some value in learning that you don’t like horses. | 但你可能只是不喜欢马 |
[40:25] | I’m sorry? | 我没懂 |
[40:26] | Sometimes, our limitations tell us when to stop. | 有时 我们碰壁后就会放弃 |
[40:30] | But sometimes, they can show us where to look next. | 也有时候 此路不通 定有他路 |
[40:34] | Today, he falls off the skateboard. | 他今天从滑板上摔下来 |
[40:36] | But tomorrow, he writes the great American novel. | 也许明天就能写出一部伟大的小说 |
[40:40] | I know you said he was doing good in class, but– | 虽然他语文成绩不错 但也没这么夸张吧 |
[40:43] | Okay, maybe not tomorrow, but… | 明天确实有点早 |
[40:46] | – Someday. – Yeah. | -终有一日吧 -对 |
[40:49] | Someday. | 终有一日 |
[40:54] | Welcome back! | 欢迎回归 |
[40:59] | If I’d known I’d get this much attention, | 早知有这等众星捧月的待遇 |
[41:00] | I would’ve gotten mugged sooner. | 我情愿早点挨打 |
[41:07] | – Good to see you. – Thanks. | -欢迎回来 -谢谢 |
[41:08] | Yeah. Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:13] | You didn’t tell them. Thanks. | 你没告诉他们实情 谢谢你 |
[41:15] | You asked me not. I’m still not sure why. | 你不让我说 我至今百思不得其解 |
[41:17] | This was not your fault. | 错不在你 |
[41:19] | I should’ve known better. | 我本该小心一点 |
[41:19] | It’s not too late to go back to the police. | 现在告诉警察真相 为时未晚 |
[41:21] | You know, I tried to pull up his profile, | 我本想调出他的个人资料 |
[41:23] | get a copy of his photo, but it’s gone. | 把他的照片打印下来 但已经找不到了 |
[41:26] | Completely scrubbed. It was a total scam. | 他删号了 这就是场精心设计的骗局 |
[41:28] | Yeah, that probably means he’s done it before. | 对 也许他是惯犯了 |
[41:31] | If you could get them a description of him, | 如果你描述一下他的长相 |
[41:32] | maybe they could find him. | 警方也许能找到他 |
[41:34] | – I mean, he hurt you. – Bruises are healing. | -毕竟他打了你 -伤痛可以愈合 |
[41:37] | The humiliation, that’s a little harder to get over. | 但耻辱会常压心头 |
[41:40] | And to have it written down in some report for strangers to see? | 更别提被新闻报道 让路人看了 |
[41:43] | I can’t, Maddie. | 我受不了 麦迪 |
[41:45] | So what, you’re just gonna act like it didn’t happen? | 那你打算装作若无其事吗 |
[41:47] | No, I’m not. I’ll deal with it. | 不 我会处理好 |
[41:50] | In my own way. | 按我自己的方式来 |
[42:04] | 9-1-1. What’s your emergency? | 911紧急中心 你有什么紧急情况 |
[42:07] | And can I get your location? | 请说一下你的地址 |
[42:16] | – Nice. – Yeah. | -机智 -是啊 |
[42:41] | Thought you could use some carbs. | 吃点甜食 高兴一下吧 |
[42:53] | Dad, I don’t wanna be here. | 爸爸 我不想来这儿 |
[42:56] | Trust me, it’ll be fun. | 信我吧 很好玩 |
[42:58] | Chris! Surprise! | 克里斯 惊喜吧 |
[43:02] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[43:03] | Remember when I told you that if you wanted to try something new, | 我之前告诉你 如果你想学新东西 |
[43:06] | we should try it together? | 我们可以一起 |
[43:08] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[43:09] | Let’s try skateboarding. | 我们试试滑滑板吧 |
[43:11] | – Okay. – Okay! | -好 -走啦 |
[43:14] | Ready to ride? | 准备好滑行了吗 |
[43:15] | Ready! | 准备好了 |
[43:16] | Away we go. | 出发咯 |