时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | – Stop! – Make me a better offer. | -住手 -你得开出更好的条件 |
[00:06] | Let her go in safety, and you can have me. | 让她安全离去 我任你摆布 |
[00:09] | I know how we can save young Jamie. | 我知道怎么救杰米了 |
[00:15] | Easy, lad. | 放松 伙计 |
[00:17] | If I don’t set that hand, he’ll be crippled for life. | 如果我不帮他 他会终生残疾 |
[00:20] | What happened in that room between you and Randall? | 那间囚室里你和兰德尔究竟发生了什么 |
[00:22] | He made love to me. | 他跟我做爱了 |
[00:24] | You did what was necessary to survive. That’s all. | 你做了为活下来必须要做的事 仅此而已 |
[00:27] | It’s time we made plans. | 我们得制定计划了 |
[00:28] | Ye’ll have to flee the country. | 你得逃离国家 |
[00:29] | Murtagh’s gone to find the boat for France. | 穆塔夫去找去法国的船了 |
[00:31] | Good-bye to you, Claire. | 再见 克莱尔 |
[00:32] | God bless. | 上帝保佑你 |
[00:34] | Do you know what’s going to happen in Scotland? | 你知道苏格兰会发生什么事吗 |
[00:36] | Well, what can we do but play our part? | 我们只能各尽本分 |
[00:38] | What if we could stop it from happening? | 如果我们阻止这件事呢 |
[00:39] | Change the future? | 改变未来吗 |
[00:40] | There’s something else. I’m pregnant. | 还有别的事 我怀孕了 |
[00:50] | I wished I were dead. | 我宁愿我已经死了 |
[00:55] | And if I’d kept my eyes shut, | 如果当初我闭上了眼睛 |
[00:57] | I could have almost touched the edges of oblivion. | 我几乎能碰到遗忘的边缘 |
[01:02] | But I’d made a promise and had to keep it. | 但我许过承诺 必须遵守诺言 |
[01:06] | Even if it meant living a life I no longer wanted. | 即便这意味着我的生活不会如我所愿 |
[02:02] | He was gone. | 他走了 |
[02:06] | They were all gone. | 他们都走了 |
[02:11] | The world I’d left only moments ago was now dust. | 我片刻之前离开的世界 已经化为尘土 |
[02:50] | You all right, ma’am? | 你没事吧 女士 |
[02:57] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[03:00] | Ma’am? | 女士 |
[03:05] | Do you speak English? | 你讲英语吗 |
[03:08] | What year is it? | 现在是哪一年 |
[03:11] | The year? | 哪一年 |
[03:15] | What year is this? | 现在是哪一年 |
[03:18] | Why, it’s 1948. | 怎么了 是1948年 |
[03:27] | Who won? | 谁赢了 |
[03:31] | Who won the Battle of Culloden? | 谁赢了克罗登之战 |
[03:34] | Do you not feel well? | 你不舒服吗 |
[03:36] | Perhaps I could take you– | 也许我该带你… |
[03:38] | Tell me! | 告诉我 |
[03:39] | Tell me who won the Battle of Culloden, tell me now! | 快点告诉我谁赢了克罗登之战 |
[03:42] | The British! Cumberland and the British! | 英格兰 坎伯兰和英格兰 |
[03:45] | Would you let me go? | 你能放开我吗 |
[05:41] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[05:43] | – Excuse me, nurse? – Yes? | -不好意思 护士 -什么事 |
[05:45] | My name is Randall, Frank Randall. | 我叫兰德尔 弗兰克·兰德尔 |
[05:47] | I received a call from a Dr. Edwards? | 我刚接到爱德华兹医生的电话 |
[05:48] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[05:50] | One moment please, Mr. Randall. | 稍等一会儿 兰德尔先生 |
[05:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:54] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[06:00] | Ah, Mr. Randall. | 兰德尔先生 |
[06:02] | I’m Dr. Edwards. | 我是爱德华兹医生 |
[06:04] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[06:05] | Oh, she’s resting comfortably. | 她正在好好休息 |
[06:07] | Some dehydration, | 尽管有点脱水 |
[06:09] | and superficial cuts and bruises notwithstanding, | 还有一些皮外伤和瘀伤 |
[06:12] | ah, she appears to be in good health. | 但是她的身体状况还算不错 |
[06:14] | Right. | 好的 |
[06:15] | Emotionally, she’s, um– | 但在情感方面 她… |
[06:17] | well, she’s better now, I should think. | 我只能说她现在好多了 |
[06:21] | We gave her a sedative last night, | 我们昨晚给她注射了镇定剂 |
[06:23] | and today she’s much calmer. | 今天她平静多了 |
[06:54] | Can you turn that bloody thing off, please? | 你能把那该死的玩意儿关了吗 |
[07:10] | So noisy here. | 这里真吵 |
[07:26] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[07:35] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[07:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[07:44] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[07:48] | And I am so grateful. | 我真是太感激上帝了 |
[07:54] | – Are you? – Of course. | -是吗 -当然了 |
[07:57] | With all my heart. | 我是真心实意的 |
[08:04] | I’m sorry–wh– | 我很抱歉 什… |
[08:09] | No. | 不 |
[08:15] | It’s not you. | 不是因为你 |
[08:16] | – Mrs. Randall? – Hey! | -兰德尔太太 -喂 |
[08:19] | What are you doing? Get out of here! | 你在干什么 出去 |
[08:20] | Easy now, I’m just doing my job. | 放松 我只是在做我的本职工作 |
[08:22] | Now watch the camera! | 小心别碰到相机 |
[08:30] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[08:32] | I’ve spoken with Reverend Wakefield, | 我和韦克菲尔德牧师谈过了 |
[08:35] | and he’s prepared some rooms for us while you convalesce. | 他为我们准备了住处 供你康复 |
[08:40] | No one will bother us there. | 在那里没有人会打扰我们 |
[08:44] | Do you know if Mrs. Graham is still in his employ? | 你知道格雷厄姆太太还为他工作吗 |
[08:49] | Mrs. Graham? | 格雷厄姆太太 |
[08:53] | Um, I didn’t ask, but I would assume so. | 我没问 但我想是的 |
[08:58] | I need to speak with her. | 我要和她谈谈 |
[09:27] | I’m going to need some clothes. | 我需要一些衣服 |
[09:51] | Has she said anything? | 她说了什么吗 |
[09:57] | No, only pleasantries. | 不 就寒暄了几句 |
[10:03] | I’ve received an answer from my friend, Professor Atkins. | 我的朋友阿特金斯教授已经给我答复了 |
[10:10] | “Examined the clothing you sent, | “仔细检查了你寄来的衣物 |
[10:11] | “Appears to be a marvelous example | “应该是18世纪苏格兰 |
[10:13] | “of authentic 18th century Scottish woman’s wardrobe. | “女性服饰的珍贵真品 |
[10:16] | “Incredibly valuable. | “价值连城 |
[10:18] | Where did you find?” | 你在哪儿找到的” |
[10:21] | Oh, that’s a good question. | 这个问题问得好 |
[10:25] | What are you gonna tell him? | 你准备怎么告诉他 |
[10:28] | What can I tell him? | 我能怎么告诉他 |
[10:32] | This is not the sort of outfit she could’ve | 这不是她能随随便便 |
[10:34] | just walked into a shop and purchased, is it? | 走进商店买的衣服吧 |
[10:36] | No. | 是啊 |
[10:39] | No, sir. | 是啊 先生 |
[10:42] | It’s puzzling, that. | 非常费解 |
[10:48] | Oh, she’s nearly exhausted my collection | 她几乎读完了我所有关于 |
[10:49] | on Culloden and the Jacobite rebellion. | 克罗登和詹姆斯叛乱的藏书 |
[10:53] | Why the sudden obsession with Scottish history? | 为什么突然迷上了苏格兰历史 |
[10:56] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[10:58] | She never showed much interest | 她从来没表示过兴趣 |
[11:00] | when she was with– | 在她跟… |
[11:04] | before. | 之前 |
[11:06] | So many questions. She’s been back nearly a week. | 太多问题了 她回来了快一个星期了 |
[11:09] | Don’t you think it’s time she gave you some answers? | 你不觉得她该给你一些回答了吗 |
[11:11] | I believe she will, when she’s ready. | 我相信等她准备好就会说的 |
[11:16] | Well, my sermon is not going to write itself. | 我还得去准备我的布道 |
[11:20] | You know, you’re not the only one with questions. | 不是只有你一个人有疑问的 |
[11:32] | Devil take the press. | 魔鬼占据了出版社 |
[11:34] | Hm. That’s not likely. | 不大像 |
[11:36] | Even the devil has standards. | 即使魔鬼 也有准则 |
[11:59] | There has to be a fuller account | 高地人的战败记录 |
[12:00] | of the Highlander losses somewhere. | 一定还有更详细的书 |
[12:02] | Well, I must say, | 我得说 |
[12:02] | the Reverend has the finest collection in Scotland. | 牧师那里有着苏格兰最全的藏书 |
[12:05] | Even the curator of Old Leanach Cottage himself | 就算老里那赫石屋馆长本人 |
[12:08] | has been known to borrow books from our collection. | 也是从我们这里借的书 |
[12:14] | Must they do that every day? | 他们一定每天都要这样吗 |
[12:16] | People are saying there might be a war with Russia soon. | 人们在传言 可能就快要跟俄罗斯开战了 |
[12:19] | Stalin’s trying to block access to West Berlin– | 斯大林想封锁西柏林 |
[12:20] | There’s always another fucking war! | 总他妈有打不完的仗 |
[12:27] | I’m so sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[12:37] | You know, he didn’t even know what that word meant. | 他都不知道这词是什么意思 |
[12:43] | I actually called him a fucking sadist once, | 有次我说他是”他妈的虐待狂” |
[12:47] | and he’d no idea what I was talking about. | 他根本不明白 |
[12:53] | We had a good laugh about it afterwards. | 之后我们笑了很久 |
[12:56] | You know, whenever you talk about him, | 不管你什么时候说起他 |
[13:02] | you nearly always mention his fine sense of humor. | 几乎总提到他很有幽默感 |
[13:08] | Do I? | 是吗 |
[13:09] | Aye. | 对 |
[13:11] | And his smile, and his hair. | 还有他的笑容 他的头发 |
[13:16] | It really is the most– | 那真的是… |
[13:25] | Was. | 曾经是 |
[13:32] | It really was the most extraordinary mop of red | 那真的曾经是你见过 |
[13:34] | you’d ever seen. | 最美的红发 |
[13:38] | – It’s– – You don’t have to say it. | -没… -你不用说 |
[13:43] | I know, he’s dead. | 我知道 他死了 |
[13:46] | Dead, and buried, and… moldering in the ground | 死了 埋葬了 在过去的两百年里 |
[13:50] | for the past two centuries. | 化为泥土 |
[13:56] | I just want to know– | 我只想知道… |
[13:59] | I just need to know if he really did | 只想知道他是不是真的… |
[14:03] | die on that battlefield. | 死在了那片战场 |
[14:07] | He told you he would stand and die | 他告诉过你 他会和兄弟并肩 |
[14:09] | with his men on that bloody moor. | 在荒野里拼杀到最后一刻 |
[14:12] | Do you have any reason to doubt his word? | 你有什么理由怀疑他的话呢 |
[14:17] | No. | 没有 |
[14:20] | You have had | 你经历过了 |
[14:23] | an extraordinary adventure, Claire. | 一场非凡的冒险 克莱尔 |
[14:26] | Extraordinary. | 非凡无比 |
[14:27] | One that few people could even imagine. | 是很多人想都不敢想的 |
[14:32] | Treasure it. | 珍惜它吧 |
[14:34] | Keep it safe and secure, | 好好藏在心里 |
[14:36] | tucked away in some special place in your heart, | 放进一个特殊的角落 |
[14:40] | but… | 但是… |
[14:44] | don’t spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost. | 别再用余生去怀恋一个鬼魂了 |
[14:48] | Not when there’s a man, | 尤其是还有人 |
[14:50] | a real flesh and blood living man, | 一个有血有肉的男人 |
[14:53] | who loves you still with all his heart. | 他依然全心爱你 |
[15:48] | Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[15:57] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[16:02] | Would you care to come in? | 你能进来一下吗 |
[16:06] | I thought we could talk. | 我想我们该聊聊 |
[16:35] | This reminds me of that night at Mrs. Baird’s. | 这让我想到在贝尔德太太家的那晚 |
[16:39] | Sitting by the fire, | 坐在火炉边 |
[16:42] | drinking good Scottish whiskey. | 喝着上等的苏格兰威士忌 |
[16:46] | More candles, as I recall. | 我记得 蜡烛更多些 |
[16:51] | The power had gone out. | 当时停电了 |
[16:55] | You remember. | 你还记得 |
[16:57] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:58] | It was our last night together. | 那是我们一起的最后一晚 |
[17:03] | Yes. | 对 |
[17:07] | Frank, I want to tell you what happened to me after– | 弗兰克 我想告诉你我之后的经历 |
[17:10] | You– you don’t have to. | 你不用勉强 |
[17:12] | I, I want you to know that. | 我想让你知道 |
[17:15] | Whatever happened, wherever you’ve been. | 不管发生什么 不管你去哪里 |
[17:19] | What really matters to me is, is that you’re back. | 我真正在乎的 是你回来了 |
[17:21] | I don’t really care about anything else. | 其它我都不关心 |
[17:25] | So let me tell it at my own pace. | 那就让我说出我想说的 |
[17:30] | Save any questions you have until the end. | 有问题最后再问 |
[17:45] | Remember I went back to Craigh Na Dun that day | 还记得那天我又回到克雷尼顿 |
[17:50] | to look for a flower that I’d seen near the stones. | 去找巨石附近看见的那朵花吗 |
[18:31] | I know how it must sound, | 我知道这听起来的感觉 |
[18:34] | that I’ve gone mad. | 像是我疯了 |
[18:58] | It’s quite the leap of faith. | 这的确是信仰的颠覆 |
[19:04] | But… | 但是… |
[19:08] | It is one that I am prepared to make as well. | 我准备好去接受了 |
[19:13] | Don’t patronize me, Frank. | 别居高临下 弗兰克 |
[19:14] | It’s insane, I know that. | 我知道这很疯狂 |
[19:16] | It sounds like a–a fantasy made of magic and fairy dust. | 就像是裹满魔法与童话的幻想 |
[19:19] | Are you trying to argue me out of believing you? | 你是要说服我不再信任你吗 |
[19:22] | I’m trying to get you to admit that even as you stand there | 我是要让你承认 即使你站在那 |
[19:26] | trying to be supportive and understanding, | 试图支持 理解我 |
[19:28] | that rational, academic brain of yours is screaming out | 但你理智教条的大脑正在喊着 |
[19:31] | that your ex-wife has either lost her mind | 你的前妻要么是疯了 |
[19:34] | or has fabricated some wild tale to– | 要么是编出了荒诞的故事 |
[19:36] | to drive you away! | 想把你赶走 |
[19:38] | “Ex-wife?” | “前妻”吗 |
[19:40] | I married another man. | 我嫁给了另一个男人 |
[19:42] | And yet you are still wearing our wedding ring. | 可你却还戴着我们的婚戒 |
[19:50] | Claire, I admit it is hard to reconcile what you are saying | 克莱尔 我承认你所说的这些话 |
[19:55] | with anything resembling logic, or even natural law. | 很难用逻辑 甚至是自然法则去理解 |
[19:59] | But, Claire, I think we are beyond that. | 但是克莱尔 我们不用在乎那些 |
[20:03] | Truly, all that matters is that you’re back. | 真正重要的是你回来了 |
[20:07] | You’re back. | 你回来了 |
[20:11] | Frank, I was with another man for two years. | 弗兰克 我和另一个男人相处了两年 |
[20:16] | And I loved him, deeply, as his wife. | 并且身为他的妻子 我深爱着他 |
[20:19] | A point you have made several times, | 这话你已经说的够多了 |
[20:20] | I do understand, Claire. | 我理解 克莱尔 |
[20:22] | But I don’t think you understand my perspective, | 但我觉得你并不理解我的心情 |
[20:24] | what it was actually like | 你被带离我身边 |
[20:25] | to have you just torn away like that. | 我心里到底怎么想 |
[20:29] | – I’m sorry, that must– – No, please. | -对不起 -不用 |
[20:33] | You have said a great deal. | 你说得够多了 |
[20:35] | I only need a few minutes. | 我只用说几句 |
[20:38] | When you disappeared, | 当你消失时 |
[20:40] | everyone wanted me to believe | 人人都想让我相信 |
[20:42] | that you had left of your own volition with another man. | 你是自愿跟另一个男人跑了 |
[20:46] | And for a time I wanted to believe that, too, believe me. | 有段时间我也想相信 真的 |
[20:50] | So that I could fill… | 这样我就能 |
[20:54] | the utter void that I felt with rage… | 用愤怒 背叛和仇恨 |
[20:58] | with betrayal… with hatred… | 去填补我心中的无尽空虚 |
[21:07] | But I–I couldn’t. | 但我做不到 |
[21:13] | Because deep down I knew– | 因为内心深处 我知道 |
[21:17] | I knew that whatever had happened, | 我知道不管发生什么 |
[21:19] | you did not choose to leave me, | 你绝不是自愿离开的我 |
[21:21] | that something had taken you from me, | 是有东西将你带走了 |
[21:23] | and everything that you have told me tonight | 今晚你告诉我的所有事 |
[21:25] | confirms at least that. | 都至少确认了这点 |
[21:28] | Now as for this– | 至于这位 |
[21:31] | this other man… | 另外的男人 |
[21:34] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[21:37] | I will not say | 我不会说 |
[21:39] | that I understand your feelings for him. | 我理解你对他的感情 |
[21:43] | How could I possibly? | 我怎么可能理解 |
[21:50] | But I can accept them. | 但是我可以接受 |
[21:52] | I can accept that you– | 我可以接受 |
[21:55] | that you did feel that way, | 你对他的这种感情 |
[21:58] | that you had this– this experience with this man, | 你和这个男人有这段经历 |
[22:02] | and that leaving him broke your heart. | 离开他让你伤心欲绝 |
[22:08] | I can accept it. | 我可以接受 |
[22:16] | I don’t think you understand– | 我觉得你不明白… |
[22:18] | Claire, I once told you | 克莱尔 我曾告诉过你 |
[22:21] | there was nothing you could say or do | 无论你说什么或做什么 |
[22:23] | to change how I felt about you. | 都不会改变我对你的感情 |
[22:25] | I meant it then, and I mean it now. | 我那时是认真的 现在也是认真的 |
[22:29] | I love you, Claire. | 我爱你 克莱尔 |
[22:31] | Unconditionally, no matter what. | 无条件的 不管发生什么 |
[22:33] | And here, now, and in this time. | 此时此地 |
[22:38] | Darling, I– Jesus. | 亲爱的 上帝啊 |
[22:42] | I’m, I am your husband, and you’re my wife. | 我是你丈夫 你是我妻子 |
[22:45] | We can still have a life together. | 我们依然可以一起生活 |
[22:48] | Please, Claire. | 求你了 克莱尔 |
[22:52] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[22:57] | Pregnant, what? | 怀孕了 什么 |
[23:01] | Claire, that’s wonderful. | 克莱尔 太好了 |
[23:03] | How is that–how is that– | 这怎么可能 |
[23:10] | No. | 不 |
[23:14] | No– | 不 |
[23:17] | It’s Jamie’s. | 是杰米的孩子 |
[23:21] | No. | 不 |
[23:22] | I’m carrying another man’s child, Frank. | 我怀着另一个男人的孩子 弗兰克 |
[23:28] | You need to think about that, | 你需要考虑一下这点 |
[23:31] | and what that means. | 和这意味着什么 |
[23:34] | For all of us. | 对你和我来说 |
[24:16] | Good morning, Mr. Randall. | 早 兰德尔先生 |
[24:18] | You’re up early. | 你起来真早 |
[24:20] | Breakfast will be in about– | 早餐还有… |
[25:27] | Forgive me, I apologize for the–for all the damage. | 原谅我 我为造成的一切损毁道歉 |
[25:31] | I will, of course, make the full– | 我会赔偿全部… |
[25:32] | No, no, no, think nothing of it. | 不不不 不用在意 |
[25:34] | No, it was a… a lot of old junk | 不 那些很多都是我多年前 |
[25:37] | I should’ve put in the dust bin years ago. | 就该扔到垃圾箱里的旧垃圾 |
[25:40] | No, we need to focus on what’s important. | 不 我们应该集中精力考虑重要的事 |
[25:46] | You say that–that Claire is– | 你说克莱尔 |
[25:49] | is with child. | 怀了孩子 |
[25:53] | This, uh, other man, are you certain he’s dead? | 这位另一个男人 你确定他死了吗 |
[25:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:02] | Her, um, her grief on that account seemed genuine. | 她对他的哀悼似乎是真诚的 |
[26:06] | Do you want to raise a child? | 你想抚养孩子吗 |
[26:09] | Have, have you thought seriously about having children? | 你认真考虑过要孩子吗 |
[26:14] | Claire and I had tried to start a family | 克莱尔和我曾试图生孩子 |
[26:16] | before she disappeared, | 在她失踪之前 |
[26:20] | but, uh, without success. | 但是 没有成功 |
[26:22] | I became concerned that | 我开始担心 |
[26:25] | perhaps I was incapable. | 也许我不行 |
[26:28] | Medically. | 在医学上 |
[26:30] | And I visited a doctor in Oxford last year, | 我去年去牛津看过医生 |
[26:33] | and his examination confirmed that suspicion. | 他的检查结果证实了我的怀疑 |
[26:38] | I’m sterile. | 我不育 |
[26:41] | Oh, I’m…I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:46] | Well, first I, uh, I reasoned with myself | 一开始 我安慰自己 |
[26:51] | that with my wife gone, | 我妻子不见了 |
[26:54] | the question of my fertility was, | 我不育的问题 |
[26:57] | well, an academic one at best, | 毫无实际意义 |
[27:01] | so I pushed the subject aside, | 所以我把那个问题放在一边 |
[27:04] | concentrated on my work. | 全神贯注于工作 |
[27:10] | When Claire told me | 当克莱尔告诉我 |
[27:13] | that she was pregnant, | 她怀孕了 |
[27:15] | I was… | 我… |
[27:18] | I just… | 我只是… |
[27:21] | my first feeling was– | 我的第一个感觉是 |
[27:25] | was joy. | 快乐 |
[27:27] | This flash of… | 一阵短暂地 |
[27:30] | of just happiness. | 幸福感 |
[27:34] | It was almost hallucinatory | 那感觉简直 |
[27:37] | in its intensity– I just– | 就像在做梦 |
[27:43] | Because… | 因为 |
[27:47] | somehow, suddenly, in that moment, I– | 不知为何 突然之间 在那一刻 |
[27:57] | I thought she meant | 我以为她的意思是 |
[28:01] | we were having a child. | 我们有了孩子 |
[28:10] | God. | 天啊 |
[28:12] | Then I realized, of course… | 然后我意识到 当然了 |
[28:17] | couldn’t be mine. | 不可能是我的 |
[28:31] | Had to be his. | 一定是他的 |
[28:32] | Listen to me now. | 好好听我说 |
[28:34] | Other men have faced this– | 其他男人也面临过… |
[28:36] | have faced this situation. | 面临过这种情况 |
[28:38] | I, I doubt that very much. | 我很怀疑这点 |
[28:39] | When Mary told Joseph that she was with child, | 当玛利亚告诉约瑟她怀孕了 |
[28:42] | and he couldn’t be the father, he–he–he– | 而父亲不是他 |
[28:44] | he too was confronted with a crisis of– | 他也曾彷徨过 |
[28:46] | I am not Joseph! She is not Mary. | 我不是约瑟 她不是玛利亚 |
[28:50] | And I am fairly certain that the father | 而且我很确定孩子的父亲 |
[28:51] | is not God Almighty. | 不是全能的主 |
[28:52] | He was a man, a man who fucked my wife. | 他是个男人 干了我妻子的男人 |
[28:57] | Yes, Roger? | 有什么事 罗杰 |
[28:58] | Please, may I go outside to play? | 请问我能出去玩吗 |
[29:02] | Of course, you may. | 当然可以 |
[29:03] | You keep your breeks out of the dirt, | 别把马裤弄脏了 |
[29:05] | or Mrs. Graham will be on the warpath. | 不然格雷厄姆太太会生气的 |
[29:07] | Yes, father. | 好的 父亲 |
[29:22] | Forgive me. | 原谅我 |
[29:24] | No, no, no, he’s fine. He’s fine. | 不不不 他没事 他没事 |
[29:26] | I, I doubt he heard very much. | 我估计他没听到多少 |
[29:28] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard him call you father. | 我好像从没有听过他叫你父亲 |
[29:32] | He’s–he’s taking to doing it more of late. | 他近来叫的越来越多了 |
[29:36] | Children accept the world as it is presented to them. | 孩子会全盘接受眼前的世界 |
[29:40] | He knows I’m not his father, but that’s how he sees me, | 他知道我不是他父亲 但是他把我当父亲 |
[29:45] | and–well, I’ve decided to stop correcting him. | 我决定不再纠正他了 |
[29:47] | Please… | 拜托不要 |
[29:48] | you’re going to connect your nephew to my situation. | 你会拿你外甥说我的情况 |
[29:51] | The words “God’s plan” | “上帝的计划”这个词 |
[29:54] | are about to escape your lips, I– | 即将从你嘴中溜出 |
[29:57] | Well, at the risk of fulfilling | 冒着让你害怕的事 |
[30:00] | your worst expectations, I will say this. | 成真的危险 我要说 |
[30:03] | A child without a father, | 一个孩子生来无父 |
[30:06] | and, and a man without a child | 一个男人膝下无子 |
[30:10] | have been given this chance to find one another. | 机缘之下找到了彼此 |
[30:13] | And yes, I would call that part of God’s eternal plan. | 没错 我确实认为这是天意 |
[30:17] | What you choose to call it, Frank, | 你怎么称呼 弗兰克 |
[30:20] | well, that’s up to you. | 取决于你 |
[30:26] | Just like that? | 就这样吗 |
[30:28] | We just pick up where we left off? | 我们就这样复合 |
[30:35] | Are you sure about this, Frank? | 你确定吗 弗兰克 |
[30:37] | Perhaps you should take some time to think about– | 也许你该花些时间 好好考虑一下 |
[30:39] | I’ve had too much time to think. | 我考虑得够久了 |
[30:41] | Two years to contemplate the prospect | 花了两年时间去考虑 |
[30:43] | of a solitary existence. | 未来如何独自生活 |
[30:45] | I want us to be together. | 我想跟你在一起 |
[30:47] | Man and wife. | 作为夫妇 |
[30:49] | And child. | 抚养孩子 |
[30:51] | We start over. | 我们重新开始 |
[30:56] | I have been offered a post at Harvard. | 哈佛大学想聘请我去工作 |
[30:59] | I was going to turn it down. | 我本来想推掉 |
[31:01] | Now I have a mind to take it. | 现在我想接受这份工作 |
[31:05] | To Boston. | 去波士顿 |
[31:06] | Yes, the story of the… | 对 那篇报道 |
[31:09] | “The lady taken by the fairies,” | “被仙女带走的女人” |
[31:12] | as long as you’re here, the British press will flog it– | 只要你在这里 英国媒体就会继续报道[鞭打] |
[31:15] | Please, Frank, | 别说了 弗兰克 |
[31:18] | don’t ever use the word “Flog” | 永远不准在我面前 |
[31:19] | in my presence again, is that understood? | 使用”鞭打”这个词 明白了吗 |
[31:27] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[31:37] | I also have conditions. | 我还有些条件 |
[31:44] | We will raise this child as our own. Ours. | 我们把这个孩子当做是我们的孩子养 |
[31:49] | Yours and mine. | 你和我的结晶 |
[31:52] | Raised in a lie. | 让孩子在谎言中长大 |
[31:53] | No, with a father. | 不 在父亲的陪伴中长大 |
[31:56] | A living, breathing man. | 一个活生生的父亲 |
[31:57] | Not the echo of a memory that they can never catch. | 而不是触不可及 虚无缥缈的回忆中人 |
[32:03] | Not a ghost. | 而非鬼魂 |
[32:06] | Precisely. | 没错 |
[32:11] | You have other conditions? | 其他条件呢 |
[32:18] | Only one. | 就一个 |
[32:22] | While I draw breath on this earth, | 只要我还活着 |
[32:25] | I cannot share you with another man. | 我容不下你心里还放不下其他人 |
[32:28] | No more research. | 不准再调查下去 |
[32:30] | No more combing through the libraries of the world, | 不准再跑遍各大图书馆 |
[32:33] | hoping to find some reference to him | 希望找到那些提到他的记载 |
[32:36] | or to the life you once led. | 或是你穿越后的那段生活 |
[32:41] | You must let him go. | 你必须将他忘掉 |
[32:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:51] | I promised him I would. | 我答应过他 我会忘掉他 |
[32:55] | He made me promise | 他让我允诺于他 |
[32:59] | that I would let him go. | 让我忘掉他 |
[33:08] | So I will. | 所以我会的 |
[33:16] | I accept your conditions. | 我接受你的条件 |
[33:48] | You have made me very happy, | 你一直让我无比幸福 |
[33:51] | and I hope, in time, | 我希望 终有一日 |
[33:53] | that I will make you happy, too. | 我也能让你幸福起来 |
[34:19] | Time to leave the past behind. | 是时候忘却往事了 |
[34:38] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[34:42] | When you’re ready. | 等你准备好再摘吧 |
[36:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:38] | One more step. | 就差一步了 |
[37:59] | 法国 勒阿弗尔 1745年 | |
[38:01] | – To new beginnings. – Aye. | -新的开始 -没错 |
[38:04] | I thought you were going to knock people over, | 我以为你为了赶紧跳下舷梯 |
[38:05] | trying to get off that gangway. | 要把人撞翻了 |
[38:07] | I couldn’t take another moment on that | 那艘摇晃 咯吱响 漏水的破船 |
[38:08] | rolling, creaking, leaking tub. | 我一秒都不想多待 |
[38:11] | So I guess a trip to Boston is out of the question? | 看来坐船去趟波士顿是没戏了 |
[38:14] | Not unless ye want to bury me at sea. | 除非你想把我葬入大海 |
[38:17] | Well, there were times | 曾几何时 |
[38:18] | I thought it would be the merciful thing to do. | 我觉得这么做算是恩赐了 |
[38:24] | France. | 法国 |
[38:26] | Reeks of frogs, | 腥臭扑鼻啊 |
[38:30] | just as I remember it. | 就如我印象中一样 |
[38:32] | I think you’ll find what you smell is fish, | 我想你闻到的是鱼腥 |
[38:35] | and I doubt there’s a seaport in all the world | 我觉得全世界的海港码头 |
[38:37] | that smells any different. | 都是这个味道吧 |
[38:39] | I’ll arrange for some rooms for us somewhere. | 我去找个地方让我们下榻 |
[38:42] | Somewhere away from all this stink. | 找个离这腥臭之地远远的地方 |
[38:45] | Sure. | 好 |
[38:50] | Hey, hey, careful there! | 小子 轻点 |
[38:55] | That’s not a sack of grain yer tossing about! | 你摔的不是谷物 |
[39:51] | A bed… | 一张床 |
[39:53] | that doesna move. | 不会摇晃的床 |
[40:01] | Luxury. | 太享受了 |
[40:12] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[40:16] | Sometimes I… | 有时候 我 |
[40:19] | feel his touch. | 能感觉到他的触摸 |
[40:21] | Like he’s here. | 就像他在这里 |
[40:22] | I’m here, I’m right here, | 我在这里 我就在你身边 |
[40:26] | and I’m not going away. | 我不会离开你 |
[40:31] | You’re a hard one to get rid of, that’s for sure. | 这倒是 甩掉你确实挺不容易的 |
[40:33] | I’m stubborn, just like my husband. | 我很固执 正如我的丈夫一样 |
[40:40] | Now…let’s talk about the future, | 现在我们来谈谈未来的打算 |
[40:44] | and how we’re going to change it. | 以及我们要如何改变历史 |
[40:47] | You’re talking about | 你说的是 |
[40:49] | stopping the Jacobite rebellion? | 阻止詹姆斯二世党叛乱 |
[40:52] | Well, that is what we agreed to, isn’t it? | 我们都同意这么做 对吧 |
[40:55] | I thought we agreed to think about it? | 我以为是同意考虑一下这事 |
[40:58] | If there’s going to be a war against the British, | 如果要跟英格兰人开战 |
[41:02] | should we not be trying to find a way to win it | 我们难道不该是想办法赢得战争 |
[41:05] | instead of stopping it? | 而不是阻止其发生吗 |
[41:07] | Well, I don’t know enough details | 我不是很了解具体细节 |
[41:09] | to tell you how to do that. | 没法告诉你怎么赢 |
[41:11] | Well… | 那… |
[41:14] | what–what do you know, exactly? | 你具体知道什么呢 |
[41:22] | Just the general outlines of history. | 只是大体的历史概述 |
[41:24] | I know that Bonnie Prince Charlie comes to Scotland | 我知道美王子查理来到苏格兰 |
[41:28] | and raises a Jacobite army. | 组建了詹姆斯二世党军队 |
[41:30] | At first they have several victories– | 一开始他们赢了几场战役 |
[41:32] | Well, that’s a start, is it not? | 这就是开始吧 |
[41:34] | Can we not build on that, help them to keep winning? | 能从这里下手 帮他们赢下去吗 |
[41:38] | I don’t know the tactics. | 我不知道战术 |
[41:40] | I don’t know the strategy. | 不知道战略 |
[41:42] | I don’t know where the armies were, | 不知道军队在何处 |
[41:44] | why they won, or how they lost. | 一方为何胜利 而另一方如何败北 |
[41:46] | All I know is that eventually both sides end up | 我只知道双方最后会在1746年4月 |
[41:49] | on Culloden Moor in April 1746, | 决战于克罗登沼泽之中 |
[41:54] | and the Jacobites are wiped out. | 詹姆斯二世党全军覆没 |
[41:57] | And after that, the British destroy the Highland culture | 战后 英格兰人终结了高地文化 |
[42:00] | in retribution. | 作为报复 |
[42:03] | That is the sum total of my knowledge of the war. | 这就是我对这场战争全部的了解 |
[42:08] | That’s not a lot to go on, Sassenach. | 没有多少可以着手的线索 英格兰人 |
[42:11] | But it starts now. | 但这场战争现在就开始了 |
[42:13] | Here, with Charles in France. | 此时此刻 因为查尔斯在法国 |
[42:16] | I mean, we have to stop it here, | 我们必须在这个时刻阻止这场战争 |
[42:18] | before the prince sails for Scotland. | 在王子扬帆远航苏格兰之前 |
[42:21] | We can infiltrate the Jacobite movement. | 我们可以渗透詹姆斯党的行动 |
[42:24] | Get close to the key players. | 接近核心人物 |
[42:26] | Discover where they get their money and their arms, | 弄清楚他们的钱和武器的来源 |
[42:29] | and find a way to disrupt their plans. | 设法破坏他们的计划 |
[42:34] | You certainly have high opinion of what a… | 很明显 你对一个残疾的高地人再加上 |
[42:37] | crippled Highlander and a pregnant English woman can accomplish. | 一个怀孕的英格兰女人的能耐有很高的评价 |
[42:43] | Since when were you not up for a challenge? | 从什么时候起你不喜欢挑战了 |
[42:47] | Your cousin Jared lives in Paris, he’s a Jacobite. | 你的表哥杰瑞德住在巴黎 他是詹姆斯党人 |
[42:51] | He can vouch for us, make some introductions. | 他可以为我们担保 引荐一些人 |
[43:01] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[43:06] | I’m thinking it’s not a very honorable path | 我在想你让我们走的 |
[43:09] | you’re laying out for us. | 不是什么光荣的路 |
[43:12] | It’s not just lying to my cousin. | 不仅仅是要向我表哥撒谎 |
[43:16] | We’d be lying to everyone. | 我们要向所有人说谎 |
[43:18] | But you have to remember what’s at stake. | 但你要记住重要的是什么 |
[43:20] | We’re talking about tens of thousands of lives, | 我们说的是数以万计的生命 |
[43:23] | and the future of Scotland itself. | 和苏格兰的未来 |
[43:26] | Surely that’s worth the price? | 这点代价肯定是值得的吧 |
[43:29] | Even if that price is our souls? | 即使这代价是我们的灵魂 |
[43:33] | That won’t happen. | 不会到这种地步的 |
[43:35] | We won’t let that happen. | 我们不会让这种事发生 |
[43:41] | We have to trust in this. | 我们必须这样坚信 |
[43:48] | In this I do. | 我坚信 |
[43:54] | And in this I will. | 我也会这样做 |
[44:03] | I’ll, uh, I’ll write a letter to Jared | 我会…我会写信给杰瑞德 |
[44:07] | asking him for his help. | 让他帮助我们 |
[44:25] | What? | 你说什么 |
[44:28] | What the hell are we going to tell Murtagh? | 我们要怎么对穆塔夫说 |
[44:38] | So that’s all you’ll tell me, hmm? | 你们就准备告诉我这么多 |
[44:41] | Nothing more? | 只有这些 |
[44:42] | – We can’t, I’m sorry. – You must trust us. | -是的 我很抱歉 -你必须信任我们 |
[44:44] | I trust ye with my life, | 对你们我可以以性命相交 |
[44:47] | ye ken that well. | 你们知道的 |
[44:50] | But it seems to me ye don’t trust me to know | 但看来你们不信任我 |
[44:52] | the true reason behind this– | 不能告诉我这背后真正的原因… |
[44:54] | this cloth of lies we’re about to wrap ourselves in, | 这层层谎言就像是用诡计和欺瞒编织的方格布 |
[44:58] | like a plaid woven out of guile and deception. | 要把我们层层包裹起来 |
[45:01] | We’ve told you the reason, to stop the Jacobite rising. | 我们告诉过你原因 阻止詹姆斯党人起义 |
[45:05] | That is the purpose of the lie. | 这就是谎言的目的 |
[45:07] | It’s not the reason. | 这不是原因 |
[45:08] | The rising is doomed to failure. | 起义是注定要失败的 |
[45:09] | It must not happen. | 我们必须阻止这件事的发生 |
[45:10] | Again, not the reason. | 我还是要说 这不是原因 |
[45:13] | The true reason behind yer certainty remains carefully hid. | 你们依然小心隐瞒信心背后真正的原因 |
[45:18] | And you’re hiding it from me. | 你们不想让我知道 |
[45:26] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[45:29] | We are keeping it hidden. | 我们是在隐瞒这个原因 |
[45:32] | But believe me, if we could– | 但相信我 如果我们可以… |
[45:33] | One day… | 有朝一日… |
[45:38] | I will tell you the reason. | 我会告诉你这个原因 |
[45:42] | I vow to you. | 我向你发誓 |
[45:44] | I’ll tell you everything that has happened | 我会告诉你所有发生的事 |
[45:47] | and why. | 和它们的缘由 |
[45:50] | At the proper time. | 等时机成熟的时候 |
[45:58] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[46:02] | That’ll do. | 这我可以接受 |
[46:09] | And when will be “The proper time?” | 什么时候时机才会成熟 |
[46:12] | You tell me, Sassenach. | 你说呢 英格兰人 |
[46:14] | You’re the one from the future. | 你才是来自未来的人 |
[46:24] | I admire your patriotism, to be sure. | 诚然 我欣赏你的爱国之心 |
[46:28] | But I am curious as to your sudden change of heart. | 但我很好奇你怎么会突然改变心意 |
[46:32] | Well, Jared, my heart has ever been | 杰瑞德 我一直都怀揣着一颗 |
[46:34] | full of love for my country. | 热爱祖国的心 |
[46:37] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[46:39] | But you miss my meaning. | 但你没明白我的意思 |
[46:47] | We’ve known each other a long time. | 我们认识很久了 |
[46:50] | You’ve lived in my house. | 你住过我家 |
[46:51] | You’ve dined at my table. | 在我餐桌上吃过饭 |
[46:54] | You’ve lifted more than one glass with me at establishments | 在无数个肮脏到不便在你娇妻前提起的场合 |
[46:56] | too disreputable to mention in front of your fair bride. | 你我也曾多次举杯共饮 |
[47:00] | Dinna fash on her account. She’s a sturdy woman. | 别担心她 她是个壮实的女人 |
[47:03] | “Sturdy.” | 壮实 |
[47:04] | Why, Jamie, you do flatter me so. | 杰米 你为什么要这样恭维我 |
[47:06] | Nevertheless, in all that time, | 然而 在那段时间里 |
[47:09] | I never heard you once voice | 我从没听到过你 |
[47:10] | even the slightest interest in politics. | 对政治流露出一星半点的兴趣 |
[47:16] | In France, to be known as a Jacobite is a badge of honor, | 在法国 成为詹姆斯党人是荣誉的象征 |
[47:19] | supporters of the true faith | 是怀揣着真正的信仰 |
[47:21] | against the heretic on the throne. | 对抗王权异端的支持者 |
[47:22] | But we have enemies, to be sure. | 诚然 我们也有敌人 |
[47:25] | Enemies that would delight in watching us dance a jig | 他们乐于看到我们在英格兰的 |
[47:28] | on the gallows back in England. | 绞刑架上抽搐着舞蹈 |
[47:29] | So while the cause has many friends, | 所以尽管我们有很多朋友 |
[47:33] | only a few are called brother, | 但只有少部分人才能成为兄弟 |
[47:35] | and they are the ones with the fire of righteousness | 他们的心中有正义的火焰 |
[47:38] | burning in their hearts. | 在熊熊燃烧 |
[47:42] | Tell me now, what is the fire that burns within you? | 告诉我 你心中的火焰是为什么燃烧 |
[48:24] | Show him. | 给他看 |
[48:30] | Courtesy of the British army. | 来自英格兰军队的礼物 |
[48:36] | Also a crippled hand | 还有一只残废的手 |
[48:38] | and several scars across his mangled body. | 和他血肉模糊的身体上的许多伤疤 |
[48:42] | Now, I ask you plainly, | 我就直接问你了 |
[48:45] | does any man need further reason | 一个人去反抗一个以王的名义 |
[48:48] | to rise up against a king | 纵容如此暴行的国王 |
[48:51] | that would allow such horrors to be carried out in his name? | 还需要什么别的理由吗 |
[48:56] | No. | 不需要 |
[48:58] | The cause can only be strengthened by your sword. | 我们的事业只会因你的加入而蓬勃发展 |
[49:03] | I’m sorry I doubted you, brother. | 很抱歉我质疑过你 兄弟 |
[49:07] | Will you help us then? | 那么你会帮助我们了 |
[49:11] | In what way? | 怎么帮 |
[49:13] | What is it exactly that you would wish me to do? | 你到底想让我做什么 |
[49:17] | I want to meet the Jacobite leaders face to face. | 我想和詹姆斯党人的首领面对面谈一谈 |
[49:20] | I want to hear their plans, | 我想听听他们的计划 |
[49:23] | how they mean to carry them out. | 准备如何实施这些计划 |
[49:30] | Why should they meet with you? | 他们为什么要见你 |
[49:34] | A wanted man in his own country | 一个在自己的国家受到通缉的人 |
[49:36] | now come to France with a price on his head | 现在带着他的通缉令来到了法国 |
[49:38] | and not much more than the clothes on his back? | 除此之外仅有一身衣物 |
[49:41] | I should think the Stuarts would value the support | 我认为斯图尔特党会看重 |
[49:44] | of Laird Broch Tuarach | 布洛克·图拉克领主 |
[49:47] | and the Fraser clan, | 和弗雷泽家族的人的支持 |
[49:50] | should they plan on returning to Scotland in the near future. | 如果他们计划近期回苏格兰的话 |
[49:54] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[49:58] | I shall give it some thought. | 我会考虑一番 |
[50:01] | But in the meantime, | 但同时 |
[50:04] | I believe we can be of help to one another. | 我相信我们能互相帮助 |
[50:07] | I’ve been delaying a trip to the West Indies | 我一直拖延着没去西印度群岛 |
[50:09] | until I could find someone competent and trustworthy enough | 因为我想先找到一个有能力和值得信赖的人 |
[50:12] | to run the wine business in my absence. | 我不在时能帮我经营酒水 |
[50:14] | You have a fine head for figures, as I recall? | 我记得你擅长数学 |
[50:19] | Aye. | 对 |
[50:20] | But I know nothing of the wine business, | 但我对经营酒水一无所知 |
[50:22] | beyond drinking, of course. | 当然我很懂喝酒 |
[50:24] | I’ve seen you drink. You will do fine. | 我见过你喝酒 你会做得很好 |
[50:27] | And in return, I will give you the run of my house in Paris, | 作为回报 我会让你管理我在巴黎的房子 |
[50:30] | and while I’m gone, a share of the profits. | 我走后还会给你一部分利润 |
[50:32] | Say, twenty-five percent. | 百分之二十五 |
[50:34] | Thirty-five percent. | 百分之三十五 |
[50:40] | And your help. | 加上你的帮助 |
[50:42] | Oh, you will do just fine. | 你一定会做得很好 |
[50:46] | Done. | 成交 |
[50:54] | While Jamie inspected the shipment of port, | 杰米检查港口的装货时 |
[50:57] | I went for a walk. | 我去散步了 |
[50:59] | I was beginning to be susceptible to bouts of morning sickness, | 我开始受到一阵阵晨吐的影响 |
[51:03] | and while the air along the docks wasn’t exactly fresh, | 虽然码头的空气不算清新 |
[51:06] | it was better than the close confines of our temporary lodgings. | 但总比我们窄小的临时住所要好 |
[51:41] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[51:48] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[52:08] | The captain tried to stop me | 船长想阻止我 |
[52:09] | from seeing the sick crewman because he knew the truth. | 见那个生病的船员 因为他知道真相 |
[52:15] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[52:16] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[52:17] | No, stay back. | 不 后退 |
[52:18] | Stay back, it’s all right. | 后退 没事的 |
[52:20] | If this is what I think it is, I can’t get it. | 如果这是我以为的病 我不会传染的 |
[52:24] | Pus-filled blisters, and high fever. | 流脓水疱和高烧 |
[52:26] | The diagnosis was obvious. | 诊断结果很明显 |
[52:35] | This will be trouble. | 这会很麻烦 |
[52:41] | Le Comte St. Germain. | 圣日尔曼伯爵 |
[53:53] | These men must be quarantined. | 这些人必须被隔离 |
[53:55] | We need to contact the local medical authorities– | 我们得联系当地的医院 |
[53:57] | No, this is a matter best left | 不 这件事最好交给 |
[53:58] | to the port authorities, Sassenach. | 港务局处理 英格兰人 |
[54:00] | Jamie, I can’t just– | 杰米 我不能 |
[54:01] | Claire, trust me. | 克莱尔 相信我 |
[54:04] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[54:27] | Claire, we have to go. | 克莱尔 我们得走了 |
[54:29] | There’s nothing more you can do here. | 你无能为力了 |
[55:13] | Monsieur… | 先生 |
[55:23] | Senior Broch Tuarach… | 布洛克·图拉克先生 |
[55:39] | I have done nothing more than state the truth. | 我只是说出了真相 |
[56:35] | Make no mistake. | 毫无疑问 |
[56:37] | The Comte will not forget what happened. | 伯爵不会忘了发生的事 |
[56:40] | You’ve made an enemy here today. | 你今天在这里树敌了 |
[56:53] | Another country, another enemy. | 另一个国家 另一个敌人 |
[56:55] | Life with you is certainly never dull, Sassenach. | 跟你的生活可不无趣啊 英格兰人 |
[56:58] | I shall endeavor to be more dull, | 我该努力更无趣些 |
[57:00] | if that would suit you better. | 如果那样更适合你 |
[57:02] | I wouldn’t change you to save the world. | 我无论如何也不会改变你 |