时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | This world may change… | 世道可能会变 |
[00:04] | But that will never change. | 但我对你的爱不会变 |
[00:07] | Must get a message to Murtagh, then. | 我得想办法给穆塔夫送个信 |
[00:08] | If he can be warned, | 如果能提醒他 |
[00:09] | maybe he can convince his men to retreat. | 或许他能说服他的人撤退 |
[00:11] | I’ll deliver the message to Murtagh. | 我去给穆塔夫传信 |
[00:13] | You cannot win. You do not win. | 你赢不了 你也没赢 |
[00:14] | The history has been written. | 历史已经注定了 |
[00:16] | Then I do fight. | 那我也要战 |
[00:18] | Ye’re with the militia, are ye? | 你是民兵队的 对吗 |
[00:20] | I came to warn you about Tryon. | 我来提醒你小心泰伦 |
[00:22] | So ye’re a traitor. | 这么说你是个叛徒 |
[00:29] | I released ye from yer oath. | 我解除了你的誓言 |
[00:30] | I’d never betray yer mother, | 我绝对不会背叛你母亲 |
[00:33] | no matter who asked. | 不管是谁说的 |
[00:35] | Murtagh? | 穆塔夫 |
[00:37] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[00:40] | Bree. | 布丽 |
[00:45] | 牛津大学 1969年 | |
[00:46] | Fear not, it’s not life or death. | 别怕 这不是生死大事 |
[00:49] | Just a bit of red pen… | 不过是做了点批改 |
[00:51] | or is it, Mr. Jones? | 是这样吗 琼斯先生 |
[00:54] | I’m sorry, sir? | 不好意思 老师 |
[00:56] | Is it life and death, do you think? | 你觉得这是生死大事吗 |
[00:59] | I… I don’t suppose so, sir. | 我认为不是 老师 |
[01:02] | But I was wondering, what does it mean | 但我在想 你这句 |
[01:05] | when you write the term so-and-so “Was finally able to bury the hatchet”? | “终于能捐弃前嫌”[埋下短斧]是什么意思 |
[01:11] | We all know that means to make peace in some way, | 我们都知道意思是以某种方式和好 |
[01:14] | but can you tell me why anyone would go | 但你能否告诉我为什么 |
[01:17] | to the trouble of burying one? | 某人非得”埋下短斧” |
[01:22] | Perhaps you should just go, then. | 或许你应该直接走 |
[01:25] | Unless you have any last words for us before ye leave. | 除非在你走之前 还有什么话想对我们说 |
[01:32] | “I came, I saw, I conquered.” | “我来了 我看见了 我征服了” |
[01:37] | Not quite what I’m looking for, Mr. Morgan. | 不是我想要的内容 摩根先生 |
[01:40] | And those were not Caesar’s last words. | 而且这不是凯撒的遗言 |
[01:43] | Although he did meet an unhappy end. | 尽管他的结局确实很不幸 |
[01:45] | Stay, Mr. Jones. | 别走 摩根先生 |
[01:47] | I wanted to see if you’d agree with me, | 我只是想看看你是否同意我 |
[01:50] | because I do believe it’s a question of life and death. | 因为我确实认为这是生死大事 |
[01:54] | Your essays on famous last words were forgettable. | 你们关于著名遗言的论文平庸无奇 |
[01:58] | I wanted you to really think about | 我想要你们好好想想 |
[02:01] | why people say what they say | 人们为什么要说出那些话 |
[02:04] | and perhaps to consider | 或者有机会的话 |
[02:06] | what your own final words might be, given the chance. | 再考虑一下自己打算说什么遗言 |
[02:11] | What does it matter, sir? | 这有什么重要的 老师 |
[02:14] | This is history, not creative writing. | 这是历史写作 不是文学创作 |
[02:18] | Because people live and die by their words. | 因为人的生死取决于这些言语 |
[02:22] | They shape our thoughts and deeds. | 言语塑造了我们的思想和行为 |
[02:25] | Often, they define us. | 通常是它们定义了我们 |
[02:28] | Like bullets, once fired, | 就像子弹 一旦出膛 |
[02:31] | well, we can’t take ’em back. | 就无法收回 |
[02:33] | They have impact, | 它们有影响 |
[02:35] | so choose them wisely. | 所以明智地选择它们 |
[02:38] | Make them meaningful. | 让它们有所意义 |
[02:40] | Live a life worthy of them… | 过上不愧对它们的一生 |
[02:42] | especially your last words. | 尤其是不愧对你的遗言 |
[02:45] | They outlive us. | 它们比我们活得更久 |
[02:47] | And what will yours be, sir? | 你的遗言会是什么呢 先生 |
[02:56] | It is my dying wish, O Lord… | 我的遗愿是 上帝 |
[02:59] | that my students write structured arguments… | 让我的学生们能写出结构式辩论型论文 |
[03:03] | Supported by evidence and legible handwriting, amen. | 论据充足 并有清晰醒目的字体 阿门 |
[03:08] | No, really, sir. | 不 你说实话 老师 |
[03:14] | I’d say… | 我会说 |
[03:22] | I’d say let history forget my name… | 让历史遗忘我的名字 |
[03:26] | So long as my words and my deeds | 只要我的言行 |
[03:30] | are remembered by those I love. | 被我爱的人记住 |
[03:37] | That’s all for today. | 今天就到这里 |
[03:39] | Until next week. | 下周再见 |
[03:47] | You’re early. | 你来早了 |
[03:48] | Couldn’t resist the chance to see you in action. | 我无法抗拒看你现场授课的机会 |
[03:51] | And if you wanna make The Great Train Robbery, | 如果你想赶上看《火车大劫案》 |
[03:52] | we need to get a move on. | 我们就得走了 |
[03:53] | Yeah, are you sure you’re all right | 你确定你能接受 |
[03:55] | with a silent movie marathon? | 默片马拉松吗 |
[03:57] | You aren’t just humoring me? | 你不是在迁就我吧 |
[03:59] | No, I am. | 我是在迁就你 |
[04:02] | But you suffered through an entire lecture | 但你忍着听完了一整堂 |
[04:04] | about suspension bridges. | 关于吊桥的课 |
[04:06] | So fair is fair. | 所以这很公平 |
[04:18] | Would those really be your last words? | 那真的会是你的遗言吗 |
[06:57] | 罗杰 能不能听到我说话 我是布丽安娜 | |
[07:15] | 你还活着 没有缺胳膊少腿 一切都很好 | |
[07:38] | Everything looks good. | 情况看上去很好 |
[07:39] | Your throat’s healing nicely. Scar’s faded. | 你的喉部愈合得很好 疤痕渐渐消退 |
[07:47] | How do you feel? | 你感觉如何 |
[07:52] | You really should try to speak, Roger. | 你真的应该试着说话 罗杰 |
[07:58] | It’ll sound croaky at first, but it’s perfectly normal. | 起初声音会很沙哑 但这是完全正常的 |
[08:06] | Maybe just try to whisper. | 或者就试试小声呢喃 |
[08:12] | All right, well… | 好吧 |
[08:15] | just know that I’ll be teaching Jem to say | 告诉你一声 我会教小吉 |
[08:18] | “sweater” and “aluminum.” | 用美式英语说”毛衣”和”铝” |
[08:20] | It’s not gonna be “jumper” Or “aluminium.” | 我可不会教他英式英语 |
[08:29] | 70% of communication is nonverbal. | 百分之七十的交流是不用语言的 |
[08:32] | Who needs words anyway? | 我们也不需要说话 |
[08:35] | We can pretend we’re in one of those silent movies | 我们可以假装我们生活在默片中 |
[08:37] | we used to go and see in Oxford or Kenmore Square. | 就像我们以前在牛津或是肯莫尔广场看的那种 |
[08:43] | Lord John has brought a-a whole trunk | 约翰大人带来了一大箱 |
[08:45] | of books and gifts. | 书和礼物 |
[08:47] | Would you like to come up to the house to see him? | 你愿不愿意到房子里去见见他 |
[08:51] | All right, well… | 好吧 那… |
[08:53] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你去 |
[09:25] | Coward, whichever way you look at it. | 不管怎么看都是个懦夫 |
[09:44] | 逮来一个 上校 在小溪附近捉到他的 | |
[09:49] | 把他和其他犯人 安置在一起 | |
[10:07] | 挑三个人 绞死他们 留在那里 以儆效尤 | |
[10:48] | My roommate from MIT, Gayle… | 我麻省理工的室友 盖尔 |
[10:53] | she had this boyfriend who went to Vietnam. | 她有个男朋友曾经去过越南 |
[10:56] | I didn’t really know him all that well, but… | 我和他不是很熟 但是… |
[10:59] | she asked me to go with her to see him | 她曾经在他回来后请我陪她 |
[11:00] | a few times after he got back. | 去看过他几次 |
[11:05] | He’d been back almost a year when I first went. | 我第一次去的时候 他回来快整整一年了 |
[11:08] | I don’t really know what I was expecting, but… | 我不清楚当时我会面对什么 但… |
[11:12] | He was like a zombie… | 他看上去像一个僵尸 |
[11:16] | Just no life in his eyes at all. | 眼睛里没有任何生气 |
[11:21] | Gayle called it his “Thousand-yard stare.” | 盖尔说这是他”茫然的凝视” |
[11:26] | He was hit by some shrapnel, | 他被弹片击中了 |
[11:28] | but he wasn’t seriously injured. | 但受伤不重 |
[11:32] | Yeah, we would call that “war neurosis.” | 我们把这种症状成为”战争神经症” |
[11:37] | Shell shock. | 炮弹休克症 |
[11:40] | It’s been months now, | 已经过去了好几个月了 |
[11:43] | and you said that Roger is physically fine. | 你说过罗杰生理上已经痊愈了 |
[11:46] | So maybe it is war neurosis. | 但或许这就是战争神经症 |
[11:51] | I mean, it must be mental… | 或许是精神上的 |
[11:54] | psychological… | 心理上的 |
[11:56] | It’s like he’s drowning in silence. | 就好像他在寂静中沉溺 |
[12:01] | And he has that same thousand-yard stare in his eyes. | 他眼中也有同样茫然的凝视 |
[12:10] | I’m afraid he’s lost. | 我很怕他迷失了 |
[12:14] | No matter how lost he is… | 无论他如何迷失 |
[12:18] | you just have to have faith that you find him. | 你要相信你能找到他 |
[12:33] | *There’ll be nae more liltin’* | *不再欢唱* |
[12:38] | *Nae laughin’ or kissin’* | *不再欢笑或轻吻* |
[12:44] | *Go in peace and* | *好好安息* |
[12:49] | *Leave us to grieve* | *让我们悲痛哀悼* |
[12:54] | *Sighin’ and moanin’* | *叹息 呻吟* |
[12:59] | *On ilka green loanin’* | *回荡在每一条绿色小径* |
[13:07] | *The flowers of the forest* | *森林里的花朵* |
[13:12] | *Are all wede away* | *全都凋零* |
[13:36] | I thought perhaps I could have had a headstone made for him. | 我原本想着或许可以为他做个墓碑 |
[13:40] | I ken ’tis no’ my place. | 我知道我没有这个资格 |
[13:42] | Murtagh and I were not husband and wife. | 穆塔夫和我并不是夫妻 |
[13:46] | Neither were we father and son, but… | 我们也不是父子 但… |
[13:49] | it doesna make the pain any less… | 这并不意味着痛苦会有丝毫减弱 |
[13:53] | Or easier to bear. | 或更容易承受 |
[14:01] | He was as stubborn as yer father. | 他像你父亲一样 都很固执 |
[14:04] | If only he’d stayed by your side. | 如果他当时能留在你身边就好了 |
[14:08] | He did. | 他确实做到了 |
[14:10] | He kept his vow to me… to my mother. | 他遵守了对我…对我母亲的誓言 |
[14:19] | He was loyal above all. | 他无比忠诚 |
[14:22] | We canna fault him for that. | 我们不能因此指责他 |
[14:27] | Your carriage awaits, Mistress. | 您的马车到了 夫人 |
[14:37] | Ye’ll give my thanks to Claire once more. | 再次替我谢谢克莱尔 |
[14:46] | Well… | 那… |
[14:49] | Good-bye, Auntie. | 再见 姨妈 |
[14:57] | How careful we’d be if we kent | 如果能知道哪一次道别是最后一次 |
[14:59] | which good-byes were our last. | 我们会有多珍惜 |
[15:58] | “I offer my apologies for the injury done to your son-in-law. | 我为对你女婿造成的伤害深表歉意 |
[16:03] | It was a most regrettable error.” | 这是一个非常不幸的错误 |
[16:10] | Governor Tryon has granted Roger | 泰伦州长赐给了罗杰 |
[16:11] | 5,000 acres in the backcountry. | 偏远地区五千英亩土地 |
[16:14] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[16:17] | Compensation. | 补偿 |
[16:20] | Or perhaps he thinks he can buy your forgiveness. | 又或许他以为他可以收买你们的原谅 |
[16:23] | And what will we do with 5,000 acres? | 我们又能拿五千英亩土地怎么办 |
[16:25] | It won’t undo what’s happened to Roger… | 它无法改变罗杰的遭遇… |
[16:28] | but it’s a valuable tract of land. | 但也是不小的一片土地 |
[16:30] | Tryon can keep his land. I don’t need land. | 让泰伦自己留着吧 我不需要土地 |
[16:33] | I need my husband back. | 我要我原来的丈夫 |
[18:31] | I brought something… | 我带了件东西来 |
[18:33] | something that always made me feel as though I had | 一件总让我觉得把天上的智慧 |
[18:35] | the wisdom of the heavens in the palm of my hand. | 掌握在自己手中的东西 |
[18:38] | The astrolabe is, in many ways, a model of the universe, | 在很多方面 星盘都是宇宙的模型 |
[18:42] | an instrument you can use to find your position, | 是帮你找到自己位置的仪器 |
[18:44] | whether on land or at sea. | 不论是在陆地或海上 |
[18:46] | You can even use it to tell the time. | 你甚至能用它来看时间 |
[18:49] | To find our place in the world? | 找到我们在这世界的位置吗 |
[18:51] | Perhaps we should start with something small. | 或许我们该从简单的开始 |
[18:53] | How ’bout telling the time? | 那就看时间吧 |
[18:57] | So… | 所以… |
[18:59] | If the sun was there… | 如果太阳在那 |
[19:01] | that would mean… | 那就意味着… |
[19:11] | 5:30. | 五点三十 |
[19:15] | 5:35. | 五点三十五 |
[19:19] | Well, I guess we don’t have all the answers. | 我猜 我们也不是拥有一切答案 |
[19:24] | No. | 是的 |
[19:27] | Sometimes we must have patience. | 有时候 你必须耐心 |
[19:31] | Thank you, John. | 谢谢你 约翰 |
[20:07] | Glad to see you’ve found a way to distract yourself. | 很高兴你找到办法分神了 |
[20:13] | Been a difficult few months. | 这几个月很不容易 |
[20:18] | Is there a medicine for grief in your time? | 你们那时有了医治悲痛的药吗 |
[20:23] | Some of yer wee invisible beasties to gnaw away at it? | 有没有什么看不见的小生物能让它消失 |
[20:30] | Unfortunately not. | 很可惜 没有 |
[20:35] | I don’t think there’ll ever be a cure for that. | 我想 永远不会有东西能治愈它 |
[20:39] | Except maybe time. | 或许除了时间 |
[20:43] | Well, they say time heals all wounds. | 人们说 时间能治愈一切 |
[21:19] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[21:26] | What on earth is Roger doing? | 罗杰是在干什么 |
[21:28] | He is working on the stairs for the loft. | 他在搭阁楼的楼梯 |
[21:31] | D’ye think he might stop for a wee while? | 你觉得他能停一下吗 |
[21:35] | We brought you some leftovers. | 我们带了些剩菜来 |
[21:37] | See if I can pry him away from his newfound passion for woodwork. | 我看能不能劝动他暂时放下新爱好 |
[21:50] | Careful now, a chuisle. | 小心 我的血脉 |
[21:54] | A chuisle? | 血脉 |
[21:56] | That’s a new one. | 那可是个新词 |
[21:57] | Aye, it means “My blood.” | 对 意思是”我的血脉” |
[21:58] | Thought that was mo fuil. | 我以为那念”我的血” |
[22:01] | Aye, it is, but that’s blood that comes out when ye wound yerself. | 对 但那是受伤时流下的鲜血 |
[22:05] | A chuisle is something you say to a bairn, mostly… | “血脉”主要是对小孩说的 |
[22:08] | One ye’re related to, of course. | 和你有关系的孩子 |
[22:10] | It’s lovely. | 真不错 |
[22:14] | Tea’s ready. | 茶泡好了 |
[22:20] | Stop! | 住手 |
[22:33] | Oh, darling. Jamie. | 亲爱的 杰米 |
[22:37] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[22:39] | Roger, you spoke. | 罗杰 你说话了 |
[22:41] | Can you ge– can you say something else? | 你还…你还能说别的吗 |
[22:45] | Does it hurt? | 那样疼吗 |
[22:46] | Can you just try? | 你能试试吗 |
[22:49] | Try for me. | 为我试一试 |
[23:04] | *Oh, my darling. Oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[23:07] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[23:10] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[23:13] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |
[23:16] | *In a cavern, in a canyon* | *峡谷里面有个矿井* |
[23:19] | *Excavating for a mine* | *人们开矿采黄金* |
[23:22] | *Dwelt a miner forty-niner* | *有位矿工住在这里* |
[23:24] | *And his daughter, Clementine* | *带着女儿克莱门泰* |
[23:27] | *Oh, my darling, oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[23:30] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[23:33] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[23:35] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |
[23:39] | *She was light and like a fairy* | *她的身材苗条匀称* |
[23:41] | *And her shoes were number nine* | *好似仙女下凡尘* |
[23:44] | *Herring boxes without topses* | *可是脚大 鞋穿不进* |
[23:47] | *Sandals were for Clementine* | *盒子当鞋 克莱门泰* |
[23:50] | *Oh, my darling Oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[23:52] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[23:55] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[23:58] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |
[24:04] | One, two, three, four, five, six… | 一 二 三 四 五 六 |
[24:08] | Seven, eight, nine, ten. | 七 八 九 十 |
[24:10] | Let’s find Grand-da. | 去找外公吧 |
[24:12] | Find Grand-da. | 去找外公 |
[24:13] | Ah! Yeah, ye found me! | 你找到我了 |
[24:16] | Should we do it one more time? | 我们再玩一次好不好 |
[24:17] | One, two, three, four, five, six, | 一 二 三 四 五 六 |
[24:21] | seven, eight, nine, ten. | 七 八 九 十 |
[24:26] | Claire, take Jemmy and go to the cabin. | 克莱尔 带吉米回屋去 |
[24:30] | Now. | 快 |
[24:59] | Christ. It’s Ian. | 天啊 是伊恩 |
[25:04] | Ian! | 伊恩 |
[25:06] | We thought we’d never see you again. | 我们以为再也见不到你了 |
[25:10] | Will anyone be coming after ye, lad? | 有谁会来追你吗 孩子 |
[25:13] | Not unless he has any vengeful kin. | 不会 除非这头野猪有亲戚来寻仇 |
[25:16] | Oh, we’ll eat well tonight… | 我们今晚要大吃一顿 |
[25:20] | In celebration. | 庆祝一番 |
[25:35] | Bree, Roger! | 布丽 罗杰 |
[26:53] | It is really good to see you. | 见到你真是太好了 |
[26:57] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[27:11] | Well, lad, what d’ye think? | 孩子 你觉得怎么样 |
[27:14] | It’s… big. | 好大呀 |
[27:19] | A lot of work went into it. | 费了许多工夫才落成 |
[27:21] | Blood, sweat, and tears. | 血汗泪交加 |
[27:23] | Thankfully, all the settlers helped. | 谢天谢地 所有定居者都出力了 |
[27:27] | I can butcher the boar for us, if ye’d like. | 如果你们希望 我可以把野猪宰了 |
[27:30] | Ian, you just got here. | 伊恩 你才到这里来 |
[27:32] | Don’t you want to settle in? | 不想安顿一下吗 |
[27:34] | Ye must be hungry. I’ll have one of the men do it. | 你一定饿了 我会叫个男人去做的 |
[27:37] | Or Marsali. | 叫玛沙利来也行 |
[27:38] | You should see her wi’ a knife. | 你该看看她挥刀的样子 |
[27:40] | I killed him. I’ll do the butchering. | 猪是我杀死的 我来宰 |
[27:44] | Of course, whatever you like. | 当然 都依你 |
[27:48] | Come. | 来 |
[27:53] | D’ye mind if I stay outside a bit longer? | 你们介意我在外面多待一会吗 |
[27:58] | Make yerself at home, lad. | 把这里当成自己家 孩子 |
[28:26] | What does my future hold? | 我的命运将会如何 |
[28:39] | That one’s called the lover. | 这张叫作恋人牌 |
[28:41] | How many bairns is too many, Fergus Fraser? | 多少个孩子算多呢 费格斯·弗雷泽 |
[28:49] | For Roger MacKenzie now. | 现在来测罗杰·麦肯齐的命运 |
[28:57] | The hanged man. | 倒吊人 |
[29:35] | It was my mistake. | 是我的错 |
[29:38] | We’ll try again. | 我们再试试 |
[29:39] | Let’s-let’s try again, Roger. | 我们再试试 罗杰 |
[30:09] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[30:13] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[30:16] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[30:18] | Just a bit of harmless fun. | 无伤大雅的玩意而已 |
[30:34] | They are just cards, you know. | 只是一些卡牌罢了 |
[30:38] | Talk to me, Roger. | 跟我说说话 罗杰 |
[30:42] | It doesn’t matter to me how you sound. | 你的声音如何我无所谓 |
[30:45] | I know this is hard. | 我知道这样不好受 |
[30:47] | Your voice, it’s… | 你的声音是… |
[30:50] | your gift. | 你的天赋 |
[30:53] | But you’re still you. | 但你还是你 |
[30:55] | You’re still the man I married, and I want him back. | 你还是我丈夫 我想要你变回原来的样子 |
[30:59] | Please. | 求求你 |
[31:03] | It’s not even that you won’t talk. | 你不只是不说话那么简单 |
[31:05] | You won’t engage. | 你的心思也不在了 |
[31:07] | I know how badly you were hurt… | 我知道你伤得多严重 |
[31:10] | And how scared you must have been. | 也知道你该有多么害怕 |
[31:13] | But I went through something awful too, | 但我也有过可怕的经历 |
[31:15] | something dark and ugly. | 既黑暗又丑陋的经历 |
[31:18] | And believe me, all I wanted to do | 相信我 我以前一心只想 |
[31:21] | was to crawl into a hole and die, | 爬进一个洞 自生自灭 |
[31:24] | and sometimes I still do. | 时至今日有时还会想 |
[31:28] | But I didn’t, and I don’t, | 可我以前没这么做 现在也没有 |
[31:31] | because I have a husband and a son who need me! | 因为我的丈夫和儿子需要我 |
[31:36] | I fought for us! | 我为了我们苦苦抗争 |
[31:39] | And now I need… | 现在我需要… |
[31:42] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[31:45] | Jemmy needs you. | 吉米需要你 |
[31:57] | I have been… patient. | 我一直都很耐心 |
[32:06] | But I need to know… | 但我需要知道 |
[32:10] | I need to know that you | 我需要知道 |
[32:13] | are not lost and gone forever. | 你并没有永远离开 |
[32:17] | Are you coming back? | 你会变回原来的样子吗 |
[32:22] | Are you going to fight for us? | 你会为我们抗争吗 |
[32:52] | I made you some special almond hog’s pudding. | 我给你做了特制杏仁猪油布丁 |
[32:55] | I remember it’s one of yer favorites. | 我记得它是你的最爱之一 |
[32:57] | It is. | 的确是 |
[33:00] | I thank ye, Lizzie. | 谢谢你 丽兹 |
[33:10] | Lord… | 主啊 |
[33:13] | We thank ye for this meal… | 感谢您赐给我们这顿美食 |
[33:15] | but above all, | 但最重要的是 |
[33:17] | We thank ye for bringing Young Ian home to us. | 感谢您将小伊恩带回我们身边 |
[33:24] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[33:25] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[33:26] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[33:36] | What a tale you must have to tell. | 你一定有一大段故事要讲 |
[33:38] | Start at the beginning, and don’t leave anything out. | 从头说起 一个字也不许漏 |
[33:43] | Ye already ken the beginning… | 开头你们已经知道了… |
[33:47] | and we’re eating the ending for supper. | 结局就是我们正在共进晚餐 |
[33:50] | What about the-the in-between? | 中间还有什么故事呢 |
[33:52] | Were the Mohawk good to ye? | 莫霍克人对你好吗 |
[33:56] | What were they like? | 他们是什么样的 |
[34:01] | They were… | 他们是 |
[34:04] | good people. | 好人 |
[34:23] | Do you have plans to return north? | 你准备回到北方吗 |
[34:28] | Back to the Mohawk? | 回到莫霍克人身边 |
[34:34] | No. | 没有 |
[34:40] | Bree, have ye, uh, discussed the new land deed from Governor Tryon? | 布丽 你们讨论过州长泰伦给的新地契吗 |
[34:45] | We’re, um, thinking about it. | 我们还在商量 |
[34:48] | If we’re to hold on to this land… | 如果我们坚持要这片土地 |
[34:50] | we need to have it properly surveyed and registered. | 就要好好勘测登记 |
[34:53] | I’m not sure Roger is able to take on something like that just yet. | 我不太确定罗杰现在是否有能力承担这些 |
[34:58] | Maybe we can send one of the men. | 也许我们可以派个人去 |
[35:01] | If Myers wasn’t away trading… | 如果玛耶斯没有出去做生意 |
[35:08] | Maybe Ian will be willing to go wi’ him. | 也许伊恩会愿意和他一起的 |
[35:11] | Ye ken how it’s done, lad? | 你知道要怎么做 孩子 |
[35:13] | Ye helped us mark out our boundaries at the Ridge | 我们初来乍到之时 是你帮助我们 |
[35:15] | when we first came. | 标出山脊的边界线 |
[35:18] | Will ye do this for yer cousin? | 你愿意帮你表姐这个忙吗 |
[35:20] | It’d…be a great help to Roger and to us. | 如果你愿意的话 可就帮了罗杰和我们一个大忙 |
[35:30] | Let’s give him some time to think about it. | 我们给他点时间想想 |
[35:34] | – Aye. – Unfortunately, | -好的 -不幸的是 |
[35:35] | our guest chambers aren’t ready upstairs yet, | 我们楼上的客房还没准备好 |
[35:39] | but you’re welcome to the bed in the kitchen. | 但你可以先在厨房里的床铺住下 |
[35:44] | Thank ye. | 谢谢 |
[36:24] | *In a cavern, a canyon | *峡谷里面有个矿井* |
[36:27] | *Excavating for a mine | *人们开矿采黄金* |
[36:31] | *Dwelt a miner forty-niner | *有位矿工住在这里* |
[37:22] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[37:24] | Lad… | 孩子 |
[37:26] | what are ye doing out here? | 你在这外面干什么 |
[37:29] | I couldna sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[37:32] | Is the bed not to your liking? | 是因为你睡不惯那张床吗 |
[37:35] | I’ve not been used to having a bed in a house this grand, Uncle. | 我还没习惯睡在这么大房子里的床上 舅舅 |
[37:40] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[37:47] | We, uh… | 我们 |
[37:49] | we’re overjoyed to have ye back. | 你能回来我们都高兴坏了 |
[37:53] | But ye seem out of sorts. | 但你看起来有点不对劲 |
[37:57] | Ye’re not yerself. | 你有点心神不宁 |
[38:07] | What happened with the Mohawk, lad? | 你跟莫霍克人发生了什么事 孩子 |
[38:11] | Ye can talk to me about it if ye like. | 你愿意的话可以和我说说 |
[38:16] | I canna give ye the truth of it now. | 我现在还不能告诉你事情的真相 |
[38:19] | I dinna have the words. | 我不知如何说起 |
[38:24] | But there are things ye keep hidden from others… | 但你一直对他人有所保留 |
[38:28] | ye and Claire both. | 你和克莱尔都是 |
[38:36] | Aye. | 是的 |
[38:47] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[38:53] | It makes me heartsick to see ye troubled so. | 看你如此烦恼 我很心疼 |
[38:58] | Ye need no’ worry for me. | 你无需为我担心 |
[39:02] | Well, then, um… | 好吧 那么 |
[39:07] | I’ll just sit here a wee while, if ye dinna mind. | 我就在这坐一小会儿 如果你不介意的话 |
[39:13] | I dinna mind. | 我不介意 |
[39:48] | Do they hurt? | 这些还疼吗 |
[39:51] | Mine hurt from playing. | 我玩的时候弄伤的地方还疼呢 |
[39:56] | They’re no’ bruises, lad. | 它们不是伤疤 孩子 |
[39:58] | I chose them. | 是我选择了它们 |
[40:02] | Germain Fraser, what are ye up to? | 热尔曼·弗雷泽 你在干什么 |
[40:05] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[40:07] | Dinna mind. | 没事 |
[40:09] | Sometimes it feels as though I’m herding cats. | 有时候我觉得自己好像在养猫 |
[40:12] | Two bairns is trouble enough, | 照顾两个孩子已经够麻烦的了 |
[40:13] | but wi’ another one on the way… | 结果我又快生了 |
[40:16] | then keeping up wi’ the gardening | 再加上还要继续做园艺 |
[40:17] | and the sewing | 还要缝纫 |
[40:18] | and helping Claire in the surgery, | 还要帮克莱尔做手术 |
[40:20] | I’m at my wits’ end before noon. | 还没到中午我就已经忙得不可开交了 |
[40:23] | Of course, I wouldna have it any other way. | 当然 我也不愿意过别的生活 |
[40:27] | Bairns are only lent to us for a short time by the Creator… | 造物主赐予我们和孩子相伴的时光很短暂 |
[40:30] | if we’re lucky. | 如果我们足够幸运 |
[40:38] | I suppose… | 我觉得 |
[40:42] | Mine are lucky to have wee brothers and sisters… | 我的孩子很幸运 有兄弟姐妹相伴 |
[40:46] | like the Murrays. | 就像莫瑞家 |
[40:50] | I only have a wee sister, Joanie. | 我只有一个妹妹 琼妮 |
[40:53] | She wasna as strong-willed as yer Janet, | 她不像你的珍妮特那样坚强 |
[40:57] | I recall. | 我记得 |
[40:59] | My sister always had a mind of her own. | 我妹妹总是很有主见 |
[41:02] | Aye. | 没错 |
[41:04] | She was a mischief-maker. | 她是个捣蛋鬼 |
[41:12] | Tell the truth, I was always a wee bit jealous… | 说实话 我总是有点嫉妒 |
[41:16] | Wi’ only my ma and sister for company at Balriggan. | 在伯尔里甘只能跟我妈妈和妹妹相依为命 |
[41:24] | Ye must miss yer family. | 你一定很想念你的家人吧 |
[41:33] | I do miss Ma and Joanie. | 我是很想念妈和琼妮 |
[41:36] | Only… | 只是 |
[41:39] | sometimes I feel guilty about how happy I am here… | 有时候我觉得很内疚 因为我在这里很快乐 |
[41:43] | And how I’ve… | 而且我 |
[41:45] | come to be at home in this family. | 在这里找到了家的感觉 |
[41:51] | I feel I belong. | 我感觉有归属感 |
[41:54] | Is that terrible? | 那很糟糕吗 |
[41:57] | No. | 不 |
[41:59] | ‘Tis a good thing. | 这是件好事 |
[42:16] | Bairn’s kicking. | 孩子在踢我了 |
[42:19] | He’ll be joining us before too long. | 他很快就要出生了 |
[42:24] | I’m glad ye’ll be here to welcome him… or her. | 很高兴你会在这里欢迎他 或者她 |
[42:56] | I’m so glad Ian is going with you on the survey. | 很高兴伊恩要跟你一起去勘测 |
[42:59] | Before you leave, I wanted to give you something. | 你走之前 我想给你一样东西 |
[43:04] | You told me that you had a toy airplane | 你告诉我 你小时候有过 |
[43:08] | when you were a boy. | 一架玩具飞机 |
[43:10] | I didn’t get to finish my degree, | 我没能完成学业 |
[43:12] | but I do know a little something about aerodynamics. | 但我对空气动力学略知一二 |
[43:17] | I know that a sheet of paper | 我知道一张纸 |
[43:19] | is not made to fly, | 不能飞 |
[43:22] | but sometimes we have to… | 但有时候我们得 |
[43:25] | adjust our expectations | 调整期望 |
[43:28] | to bend and reshape ourselves. | 弯曲和重塑我们自己 |
[43:33] | There’s a reason that the first wedding anniversary gift | 结婚一周年纪念日礼物应该是纸做的 |
[43:36] | is supposed to be paper. | 这是有原因的 |
[43:39] | And after the pressures of 60 years, it’s diamond, | 经过60年的压力 它就成了钻石 |
[43:44] | the hardest substance on Earth. | 地球上最硬的物质 |
[43:47] | I want our marriage to grow into something that strong. | 我希望我们的婚姻也发展成如此坚固的东西 |
[43:52] | I love you… Roger Mac. | 我爱你 罗杰·麦克 |
[45:14] | 24 24. | |
[45:28] | Ye dinna need to thank me. | 你没必要谢谢我 |
[45:31] | I came on my own. | 我自己愿意来的 |
[46:08] | Did Brianna no’ give this to ye? | 这不是布丽安娜给你的吗 |
[46:14] | Ye trust me not to break it? | 你相信我不会弄坏吗 |
[46:39] | Marsali. | 玛沙利 |
[46:43] | Have you prescribed anyone some water hemlock? | 你给谁开了毒芹吗 |
[46:45] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[46:46] | It’s just, there’s some missing. | 有一些不见了 |
[46:47] | There’s only one root left. | 只剩一株了 |
[46:49] | I thought maybe you prescribed it | 我以为你开给了 |
[46:50] | to someone for a migraine or… | 偏头疼的病人或者 |
[46:51] | I wouldna touch the stuff, being wi’ child. | 我怀了孕 不会碰它的 |
[46:54] | Yeah, that’s what I thought. | 我也这么想 |
[46:56] | It’s just, it’s so dangerous. | 这好危险啊 |
[46:58] | I could have sworn we had | 我敢肯定 |
[46:59] | at least four or five pieces of the root left. | 我们还剩至少四五株 |
[47:08] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[47:21] | A paper bird? | 纸鸟吗 |
[47:34] | It flies but doesna sing. | 能飞 但不会唱歌 |
[47:40] | Couldna always understand the Mohawk. | 莫霍克人的话我不是每句都能听懂 |
[47:44] | Sometimes I’d talk to the birds instead… | 有时候我就会跟鸟说话 |
[47:47] | so I didna feel so alone. | 这样就不会觉得那么孤独 |
[47:57] | Do ye ever wonder | 你有没有好奇过 |
[47:58] | how they ken which way to go when winter comes? | 他们是如何知道冬天来了要去哪里的 |
[48:02] | And they always seem to… | 他们似乎总是 |
[48:05] | they always seem to go together. | 他们似乎总是一起行动 |
[48:09] | Wish it was as easy for us as well. | 真希望那对我们来说也这么容易 |
[48:52] | Were ye dreaming? | 你在做梦吗 |
[49:09] | Wherever you thought you were, | 不管你以为自己在哪 |
[49:11] | we’re both still here. | 我们都还在这里 |
[49:31] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[49:34] | Do you think there’s a chance | 你觉得有没有可能 |
[49:35] | that Roger might not want to come home? | 罗杰也许不想回家 |
[49:39] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[49:42] | There are some herbs missing from my surgery | 我的手术室有些草药不见了 |
[49:44] | that are incredibly poisonous | 那是剧毒的 |
[49:46] | unless administered correctly by a physician. | 除非医生正确用药 |
[49:49] | I worry that he might… | 我担心他也许 |
[49:54] | Well… when you were suffering | 多年前 |
[49:58] | all those years ago… | 当你受苦时 |
[50:02] | I didna want to go on living. | 我当时不想活下去了 |
[50:42] | Hang them and leave them as an example to all. | 绞死他们 留在那里 以儆效尤 |
[50:54] | For your treasonous crimes, | 你们因叛国罪行 |
[50:56] | you’ll be hanged by the neck until dead. | 将被绞死 |
[50:59] | May the Lord have mercy on your souls. | 愿上帝能宽恕你们的灵魂 |
[54:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[54:57] | Of all people, why would ye stop me? | 为什么在所有人当中偏偏是你阻拦我 |
[55:01] | I saw ye looking down at the cliff. | 我看见你在看悬崖底 |
[55:02] | I ken what ye were thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[55:04] | Ye have everything: | 你拥有一切 |
[55:06] | a wife that loves ye… | 爱你的妻子 |
[55:09] | a bairn… | 孩子 |
[55:11] | and still, ye dinna wanna be wi’ them. | 但你还是不想跟他们在一起 |
[55:16] | When that rope was around yer neck | 当你的脖子套上绞索 |
[55:18] | and ye were dying… | 你即将死去时 |
[55:20] | what did ye see? | 你看到了什么 |
[55:24] | What did ye see in the darkness? | 你在黑暗中看到了什么 |
[55:27] | What did ye see? | 你看到了什么 |
[55:30] | Tell me, what did ye see? | 告诉我 你看到了什么 |
[55:44] | I saw my wife’s face. | 我看见了我妻子的脸 |
[55:51] | Then there’s no escape? | 那就是逃不掉了 |
[55:54] | Even in death, | 就算死了 |
[55:57] | I would see her face? | 我还是会看到她的脸 |
[56:01] | What… | 她 |
[56:05] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[56:13] | It doesna matter now. | 现在不重要了 |
[56:26] | Is she dead? | 她死了吗 |
[56:33] | No. | 没有 |
[56:39] | But she’s lost to me. | 但我已经失去她了 |
[56:46] | I only wanted the pain to end. | 我只想结束这种痛苦 |
[56:52] | Just to be at peace. | 我想平静 |
[57:08] | Who can say where your soul might go if you… | 谁知道你的灵魂将去向何方 |
[57:16] | If you could be parted forever… | 如果你们永远分开 |
[57:19] | not only from her but from all who love you. | 不仅跟她 还有所有爱你的人 |
[57:22] | So what now? | 现在怎么做 |
[57:24] | Go home? | 回家吗 |
[57:27] | Ye’re a fine one to talk. | 跟你聊天真开心 |
[57:31] | Ye buried yer weapon, yer voice. | 你埋了你的武器 你的声音 |
[57:36] | Now ye dare to use it against me. | 你竟敢拿它来对付我 |
[57:40] | Ye’re right. | 你说得对 |
[57:43] | I did. | 我这样做了 |
[57:47] | But now I have to pick it up again and fight. | 但现在我得捡起武器 进行战斗 |
[57:51] | Can you? | 你可以吗 |
[57:58] | I dinna ken. | 我不知道 |
[58:00] | Then dig up your weapon… | 那就挖出你的武器 |
[58:04] | And come home with me until you do. | 在你能战斗之前跟我回家 |
[58:45] | Brianna. | 布丽安娜 |
[58:51] | Don’t tell me you’re at a loss for words now. | 别告诉我你现在不知道说什么好 |
[58:54] | No. | 不 |
[58:56] | No, it’s just… | 不 只是 |
[58:59] | I have been so scared. | 我好害怕 |
[59:01] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[59:04] | Because even though I was saved… | 因为就算我被拯救了 |
[59:10] | Part of me died that day. | 我的一部分那天也死了 |
[59:17] | I know how that feels. | 我知道那种感受 |
[59:20] | Trust me, I know. | 相信我 我知道 |
[59:29] | Everybody wants the old Roger back. | 大家都想让之前的罗杰回来 |
[59:39] | But I’ll never be that man again. | 但我永远也不会是那个人了 |
[59:44] | I studied history. | 我研究历史 |
[59:47] | I taught it. | 教授历史 |
[59:49] | Now I’m living it. | 现在我生活在历史之中 |
[59:52] | When I saw that tarot card, I thought, | 当我看到那张塔罗牌时 我想着 |
[59:57] | “This is who I am now…” | 这就是现在的我 |
[1:00:01] | “The hanged man.” | 倒吊人 |
[1:00:06] | Maybe this was my fate. | 也许这就是我的命运 |
[1:00:09] | My own ancestor tried to kill me. | 我的祖先试图杀死我 |
[1:00:15] | Maybe I wasn’t meant to exist. | 也许我不该存在 |
[1:00:17] | That is not true. | 不是的 |
[1:00:19] | Perhaps not. | 也许吧 |
[1:00:22] | But I have changed. | 但我变了 |
[1:00:26] | Remember when you asked me about my last words? | 记得你问我临终遗言吗 |
[1:00:31] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:00:32] | I thought I knew what they’d be. | 我以为我知道遗言是什么 |
[1:00:36] | But what mattered was the last face I saw. | 但重要的是我看到的最后一张脸 |
[1:00:45] | That face was yours. | 是你的脸 |
[1:00:52] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[1:01:04] | I’ll always sing for you. | 我会一直为你唱歌 |
[1:01:07] | No matter what, no matter where… | 无论如何 无论在哪 |
[1:01:12] | Whether you’re there to hear | 无论你在不在听 |
[1:01:13] | or even if my voice isn’t able… | 就算我无法发出声音 |
[1:01:17] | I will always sing for you. | 我会一直为你唱歌 |
[1:01:39] | *In a cavern, in a canyon* | *峡谷里面有个矿井* |
[1:01:41] | *Excavating for a mine* | *人们开矿采黄金* |
[1:01:44] | *Dwelt a miner forty-niner* | *有位矿工住在这里* |
[1:01:47] | *And his daughter, Clementine* | *带着女儿克莱门泰* |
[1:01:50] | *Oh, my darling, oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[1:01:53] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[1:01:56] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[1:01:59] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |
[1:02:02] | *She was light and like a fairy* | *她的身材苗条匀称* |
[1:02:05] | *And her shoes were number nine* | *好似仙女下凡尘* |
[1:02:08] | *Herring boxes without topses* | *可是脚大 鞋穿不进* |
[1:02:11] | *Sandals were for Clementine* | *盒子当鞋 克莱门泰* |
[1:02:14] | *Oh, my darling Oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[1:02:17] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[1:02:20] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[1:02:23] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |
[1:02:26] | *Oh, my darling Oh, my darling* | *我心爱的 我心爱的* |
[1:02:28] | *Oh, my darling Clementine* | *我心爱的克莱门泰* |
[1:02:31] | *You were lost and gone forever* | *你竟永远离开我们* |
[1:02:35] | *Dreadful sorry, Clementine* | *我多伤心 克莱门泰* |