时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:36] | Ms. Pearson? | 皮尔逊女士 |
[00:39] | Everything okay, ma’am? | 一切都好吗 女士 |
[00:40] | I’m fine, Oscar. | 我很好 奥斯卡 |
[00:42] | Thank you. | 多谢关照 |
[01:01] | Home, Ms. Pearson? | 回家吗 皮尔逊女士 |
[01:02] | I’m going to walk tonight. | 我今晚还是走回去吧 |
[01:23] | Calumet and 61st. | 去卡里梅街和61街交界的路口 |
[01:41] | – Hello? – Is he with you? | -你好 -他跟你在一起吗 |
[01:44] | I need to know. | 我需要知道 |
[01:45] | Look, I’m kind of in the middle of a– | 我现在有点忙 |
[01:46] | He’s supposed to meet me and he’s not here. | 他本该来见我 但他没来 |
[01:49] | He’s not with me. I swear. | 他没跟我在一块 我发誓 |
[01:52] | Have you spoken to him? | 你跟他通过话吗 |
[01:54] | Jessica, what’s going on? Where are you? | 杰西卡 怎么了 你在哪里 |
[01:58] | Stay on the line. | 别挂电话 |
[02:00] | You’re scaring me. Where are you? | 你吓到我了 你在哪里 |
[02:04] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[02:11] | Steph said she told you to come in the house. | 斯蒂芙让你进屋 |
[02:13] | It’s family time. | 那是家庭时间 |
[02:14] | – I didn’t want to intrude. – This again? | -我不想打扰 -又来这套 |
[02:16] | I mean, Christ, we went over this a million times. | 天哪 这借口我都听烂了 |
[02:18] | No, it’s not about that. I like the fresh air. | 不 与此无关 我喜欢新鲜空气 |
[02:19] | – Wait, you like the fresh air? – Yeah, I do. | -等等 你喜欢新鲜空气 -对 我喜欢 |
[02:23] | How is she doing, by the way? | 顺便问问 她怎么样了 |
[02:24] | Who, Steph? She’s fine. | 谁 斯蒂芙吗 她很好 |
[02:26] | You’re the man. You know best. | 你最厉害 你也最清楚 |
[02:33] | What’s going on in that head of yours? | 你在想什么 |
[02:36] | – Nothing. – Bullshit, I know you. | -没什么 -别糊弄我 我了解你 |
[02:38] | You got a bug up your ass. I wanna know what it is. | 你有麻烦了 我想知道是什么麻烦 |
[02:40] | It’s this Pearson woman. | 是那个叫皮尔逊的女人 |
[02:43] | – What about her? – You don’t know her, Bobby. | -她怎么了 -你不了解她 鲍比 |
[02:45] | I know she was smart enough to get Pat McGann by the balls. | 我知道她聪明到能找到帕特·麦甘的要害 |
[02:48] | I’m serious. Don’t bring her inside. | 我说真的 别招她进来 |
[02:50] | Find out what she wants and– | 找出她想要什么 |
[02:51] | I’ve given her what she wants. | 我已经把她想要的给她了 |
[02:53] | I run a big city here, all right? | 我管这么大一座城市 好吗 |
[02:55] | I know what I’m doing. | 我清楚自己在做什么 |
[02:57] | – What are you worried about? – I worry, okay? | -你在担心什么 -我担心 好吗 |
[03:00] | It’s my job to take care of you. | 我的职责就是保护你 |
[03:02] | Your job’s to get me to Stan’s | 你的职责是把我送去斯坦甜甜圈 |
[03:03] | before they run out of glazed. | 免得他们糖釉甜甜圈又卖完了 |
[03:04] | You’re an asshole. | 你是个混蛋 |
[03:05] | I was gonna say treat yourself, but… | 我本来想让你随便吃 但是 |
[03:09] | Let’s get out of here. | 走吧 |
[03:18] | This is a nice way to start the day. | 这样醒来真好 |
[03:21] | Doesn’t have to end here. | 不必就此打住 |
[03:23] | I’ve earned myself a few sick days. | 我请了几天病假 |
[03:28] | I haven’t. | 我可没有假期 |
[03:39] | – You are really doing this. – Jeff. | -你真的打算去 -杰夫 |
[03:42] | I’m not looking for a fight, Jessica. | 我不想吵架 杰西卡 |
[03:44] | I’m trying to have your back. | 我是想支持你 |
[03:45] | You had all weekend to have my back. | 你有整个周末的时间来支持我 |
[03:49] | Dropping this on me when I’m on my way out the door, | 在我打算出门时撂下这话 |
[03:51] | that’s a fight. | 就是吵架 |
[03:52] | I gave you the weekend | 我给了你一个周末的时间 |
[03:53] | because I thought that you would come to your senses. | 因为我觉得你会醒悟 |
[03:55] | You know, I made a promise to my father. | 我答应过我父亲 |
[03:57] | To reconnect with your family, | 与家人重拾联系 |
[03:58] | not work for a professional liar. | 而不是为职业骗子工作 |
[04:00] | All politicians are professional liars. | 所有的政客都是职业骗子 |
[04:02] | At least this way, I can actually help my family. | 至少这样 我还能帮到我的家人 |
[04:05] | – Oh, Jessica. – Well, don’t you get it? | -杰西卡 -你难道不懂吗 |
[04:07] | I spent years doing nothing but making money | 我这些年什么也没做 光顾着赚钱 |
[04:09] | and fighting to keep my name up on a wall. | 努力让我的名字留在一堵墙上 |
[04:12] | My life needs to be about more. | 我的人生需要更多意义 |
[04:13] | And it has nothing to do with you missing the action. | 这和你不能做律师没有任何关系 |
[04:16] | You know what? For a man who doesn’t want to start a fight, | 你猜怎么着 对于一个不想吵架的男人来说 |
[04:18] | you’re doing a lousy job. | 你做的太差劲了 |
[04:20] | Jessica, wait. | 杰西卡 等等 |
[04:22] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[04:23] | This is the last thing that I wanted. | 我最不希望惹你生气 |
[04:25] | No, I know what you wanted. | 不 我知道你想要什么 |
[04:26] | You thought you’d tell me about some rumor | 你觉得告诉我一些你在司法部的朋友 |
[04:27] | that your friend at Justice heard | 道听途说的谣言 |
[04:29] | and then I’d just forget about the whole thing. | 就能让我把这整件事情忘得一干二净 |
[04:30] | It is not a rumor. | 这不是谣言 |
[04:31] | The man who went up against the city was found murdered. | 和市里作对的那个人被谋杀了 |
[04:34] | If your friend knows something, | 如果你的朋友真的知道些什么 |
[04:35] | tell him to show you. | 那就让他拿出证据 |
[04:36] | I can’t go to him now. | 我现在没法见他 |
[04:38] | You’re about to be the mayor’s brand new right hand. | 你马上就是市长新任的得力助手了 |
[04:41] | I live with you and that makes me a part of it. | 我和你住在一起 这意味着我也牵扯其中 |
[04:43] | Oh, so that’s what this is about. | 原来是这么回事 |
[04:44] | No, don’t make me the bad guy. | 不 别让我当坏人 |
[04:46] | You are allowed to look out for yourself, Jeff. | 你理应替自己考虑 杰夫 |
[04:49] | I wouldn’t want to be with a man that didn’t, | 如果你不这样 我也不会和你在一起 |
[04:51] | but you’re going to have to decide | 但你要想清楚 |
[04:52] | whether or not you want to be a part of this. | 你是否愿意和我在一起 |
[04:55] | Because like it or not, I’m taking that job, | 因为不管你怎么想 这工作我接了 |
[04:59] | and I won’t have the same conversation every morning. | 而且我不想每天早上都重复争吵 |
[05:09] | Ms. Pearson. | 皮尔逊女士 |
[05:12] | City Hall, ma’am. | 去市政厅吗 女士 |
[05:13] | Just drive. | 你就开吧 |
[05:34] | This is stupid. | 这太傻了 |
[05:37] | – Can I go, please? – No, you can’t. | -我能走了吗 -不能 |
[05:39] | They still have to get your blood sugar up, so sit still. | 他们还要把你的血糖升上来 坐着别动 |
[05:44] | You’re creeping me out, lady. | 你吓到我了 女士 |
[05:47] | Jessica, what are you doing here? | 杰西卡 你来干什么 |
[05:49] | Can I talk to you? It’ll just take a minute. | 我能和你谈谈吗 用不了多久 |
[05:54] | In case you haven’t noticed, this is an emergency room. | 我提醒你一下 这里可是急诊室 |
[05:56] | So unless it’s an emergency– | 所以除非是有紧急情况… |
[05:57] | I’m dropping your mother’s lawsuit. | 我要放弃你妈妈的案子了 |
[05:59] | What do you mean you’re dropping it? | 你说放弃是什么意思 |
[06:00] | The mayor offered me a job if I let it go | 市长给了我一份工作 条件是放弃这官司 |
[06:03] | and I’m taking it. | 我准备接受 |
[06:05] | I just wanted to be straight with you. | 我只想和你实话实说 |
[06:06] | Wow, you’re not even trying to soft peddle it, are you? | 你都没想说得委婉一点 是吗 |
[06:09] | – Angela, please. – Please, what? | -安吉拉 别这样 -别怎么样 |
[06:11] | That poor girl’s starving herself out at Franklin | 那可怜的女孩把自己饿晕在富兰克林了 |
[06:13] | and you walk in to tell me you’re selling us out | 而你大摇大摆地进来告诉我 你为了事业 |
[06:14] | to further your career? | 出卖了我们 |
[06:16] | Franklin? | 富兰克林 |
[06:17] | The strike? The hunger strike? | 抗议 绝食抗议 |
[06:21] | What do you want with me, Jessica? | 你找我干什么 杰西卡 |
[06:22] | All I want is for you to listen to why. | 我就是想让你听听我的理由 |
[06:25] | Well, I don’t have time to listen | 我没时间听你说 |
[06:26] | ’cause while you’re out here cutting yourself a deal, | 因为你在忙着给自己谈好条件时 |
[06:28] | I have to find my family a place to live. | 我还得为我家人找住的地方 |
[06:29] | We could’ve dragged that lawsuit out for months, | 这官司可能要拖上好几个月 |
[06:32] | when it was over, we were going to lose. | 等一切结束后 我们还会输 |
[06:34] | I take this job, | 我接这个工作 |
[06:35] | I can do more than just save one housing project. | 我能挽救的就不仅仅是一个房屋项目 |
[06:38] | Do more? | 不仅仅 |
[06:40] | You don’t even know what’s going on down the street. | 你连街上出了什么事都不知道 |
[06:43] | Look, I didn’t expect you to do this thing for us in the first place, | 我从一开始就没指望你能为我们做什么 |
[06:46] | but my mother, | 可我妈妈 |
[06:47] | she put her hopes in you. | 她把希望都放在了你身上 |
[06:49] | She may put on a brave face, but trust me, | 她可能看起来很坚强 但相信我 |
[06:51] | the minute you left, she cried her eyes out. | 你前脚刚走 她就哭肿了眼 |
[06:55] | Shit, you didn’t even tell her. | 天哪 你都没胆儿告诉她 |
[06:57] | – I’m going to. I’m– – Uh-uh. | -我打算去说 我… -行了吧 |
[06:59] | I see what’s going on here. | 我明白是怎么回事了 |
[07:00] | You’re hoping that I’d tell her for you? | 你想让我替你告诉她 |
[07:02] | Let me tell you something, cousin, | 我告诉你 表姐 |
[07:04] | I do enough dirty work around here. | 我这边的脏活够多了 |
[07:07] | You have to do that yourself. | 你还是自己去吧 |
[07:22] | Hold up, big guy. Not so fast. | 等下 大块头 别那么急 |
[07:24] | Lunch with Local 19. | 与19选区用午餐 |
[07:26] | We have to talk about messaging. | 我们得说说传递信息 |
[07:28] | What’s the message? | 什么信息 |
[07:29] | All they’re going to do is bust my balls | 他们只想没完没了缠着我 |
[07:30] | about the docks drying up. | 说码头没生意的事 |
[07:31] | Hey, I’ve been saying we should start talks | 我一直在说我们应该着手 |
[07:33] | to upgrade the Port. | 改造港口了 |
[07:34] | What are you, my policy guy now too? | 怎么 你成我的政策顾问了 |
[07:36] | Maybe I should be. Oh. | 也许我应该做 |
[07:40] | Okay fine, that’s what we’ll tell them. | 好吧 我们就和他们这么说 |
[07:43] | – You’re not serious. – Hey, you sold me. | -你不是当真的吧 -你说服了我 |
[07:44] | They won’t know what we’re talking about | 他们不会知道我们在说什么 |
[07:45] | and it’ll buy us time. | 这可以给我们争取点时间 |
[07:47] | So now we’re lying to the Longshoremen. | 这么说我们要去糊弄码头工人了 |
[07:49] | – Hey, Derrick, you do know the tooth fairy was your dad, right? – Yeah. | -德里克 你知道自己太理想了吗 -嗯 |
[07:52] | I’m just saying, instead of bullshitting them, | 我是想说 与其糊弄他们 |
[07:53] | how about we actually upgrade the ports? | 不如我们真的改造一下码头怎么样 |
[07:55] | I mean, at this rate, the unions will be dead in– | 按现在的速度 工会就快完蛋了… |
[07:57] | Your point’s been made. What else? | 我知道你的想法了 还有别的吗 |
[07:59] | The press found out your buses have been delayed again, | 媒体发现你的公车项目又延期了 |
[08:01] | and they’re pushing me for a statement. | 他们在逼我发个声明 |
[08:03] | – God damn it! – You can’t blame them. | -真讨厌 -你不能怪他们 |
[08:04] | You told them you’d be fully electric by the end of last year | 你承诺过去年年底就会统一换成电动车 |
[08:06] | and now nearly half the old fleet is either broken down– | 而现在几乎一半的车队要么故障频出 |
[08:08] | Or off the road, I’m aware. | 要么上不了路了 我知道 |
[08:09] | Just figure out what to say. Don’t make me look stupid. | 想好怎么说 别让我看着像傻子似的 |
[08:13] | You look stupid? Never. | 你看着像傻子 绝不可能 |
[08:14] | – Let me and Keri have a minute. – Derrick. | -让我和凯莉单独说两句 -德里克 |
[08:20] | You guys are going to be the death of me. | 你们早晚得害死我 |
[08:21] | You love him. | 你多喜欢他啊 |
[08:22] | Yeah, well, I’m not gonna tell him that. | 对 但我不会告诉他 |
[08:28] | What’s going on with the buses, Keri? | 公车项目什么情况 凯莉 |
[08:30] | – I’m taking a beating here. – You know what’s going on. | -又耽搁了 -你知道是什么情况 |
[08:33] | Nivens is an asshole and he’s flexing his muscles | 尼文斯是个混蛋 他要开始搞小动作了 |
[08:35] | ’cause you didn’t give him the Lansing contract. | 因为你没把兰辛的合同给他 |
[08:38] | You have too much on your plate. | 你揽下的事情太多了 |
[08:40] | I know what I can handle. | 我知道我的实力 |
[08:41] | A city attorney who burns out after a year doesn’t do me any good. | 工作一年就精疲力竭的市检察官帮不了我 |
[08:43] | I’m not gonna burn out. | 我不会精疲力竭 |
[08:44] | I’m gonna get this done for you like I do everything else. | 我会秉持一贯的风格帮你把它办稳妥 |
[08:46] | I’m not saying you won’t. | 我不是说你做不到 |
[08:48] | I’m just saying maybe Jessica Pearson | 我只是说或许杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[08:49] | can make some headway. | 能帮我们取得一些进展 |
[08:51] | That’s funny. | 真好笑 |
[08:55] | Oh, my God, you’re not kidding. | 我的天 你不是在开玩笑 |
[08:57] | I’m not. | 我不是 |
[09:00] | Since when did she do anything for you? | 她什么时候帮过你的忙了 |
[09:02] | Look, I know you don’t like her | 听着 我知道你不喜欢她 |
[09:04] | but she ran a huge New York firm. | 但她在纽约经营着一个大律所 |
[09:05] | She’s got skills and free time and she wants back in the game. | 她有能力也有时间 而且她也想回来 |
[09:08] | This is crazy! She’s going to work for you | 你疯了吧 她在处理起诉市里的 |
[09:10] | while she has a lawsuit against the city? | 诉讼案时还要帮你干活 |
[09:11] | There is no lawsuit against the city. | 没有什么起诉市里的诉讼案 |
[09:12] | There was as of yesterday. | 昨天还有呢 |
[09:14] | There is no lawsuit. | 没有诉讼案 |
[09:19] | Well… | 好吧 |
[09:22] | I don’t know what you expect from me. | 我不知道你指望我怎么做 |
[09:24] | I expect you both to be professional. | 我希望你们两个都能专业一点 |
[09:25] | How is that going to work? I took her law license for you. | 那要怎么做 我为你吊销了她的律师执照 |
[09:27] | You took her license for you. | 你为自己吊销了她的律师执照 |
[09:29] | Regardless, she knows I’m the one that took it | 无论怎样 她知道是我干的 |
[09:32] | and she accused me of sleeping with you. | 她还指责我和你有染 |
[09:37] | Nothing? Okay, is that it? | 一言不发吗 好吧 你说完了吗 |
[09:39] | – Keri. – Is that it? | -凯莉 -你说完了吗 |
[09:44] | That’s it. | 说完了 |
[09:45] | I just didn’t want you to be blindsided, that’s all. | 我只是希望你也能够知情 仅此而已 |
[09:48] | Just stay in your lane, I’m sure she’ll stay in hers. | 只要你不做出格的事 我相信她也不会 |
[09:53] | They’ve taught us that the kids don’t matter! | 他们告诉我们说孩子们并不重要 |
[09:57] | We need to tell them that we do! | 我们得告诉他们我们很重要 |
[09:59] | We do matter, our teachers matter, | 我们很重要 教师很重要 |
[10:01] | and our children matter! | 我们的孩子也很重要 |
[10:04] | – Let me out of here. – Save our kids! | -我就在这下吧 -救救我们的孩子 |
[10:06] | It’s not just our schools we’re fighting for. | 我们不光是为了自己的学校抗议 |
[10:09] | There’s at least 20 others on the chopping block | 还有街区上的至少20所 |
[10:11] | and all from the West and South sides. | 加上西区和南区的全部学校 |
[10:14] | The low-income neighborhoods. | 低收入社区 |
[10:16] | City says it’s because of poor performance, | 市里边说是因为成绩不佳 |
[10:19] | but how are our kids supposed to perform | 但过去的三十年里他们一直 |
[10:20] | when they’ve been letting our schools rot | 让我们这些学校自生自灭 |
[10:22] | for the last 30 years. | 孩子要怎么出成绩 |
[10:23] | But what about your local alderman? | 那你们的选区议员呢 |
[10:25] | – He must be fighting to save it. – Miss Sell-Out? | -他一定在努力拯救你们 -叛徒小姐吗 |
[10:27] | All she talks about is trying to privatize. | 她只研究着怎么把公有变私有 |
[10:30] | She doesn’t give a damn about anybody but herself | 除了她自己和那些富得流油的投资人之外 |
[10:31] | and her fat cat donors. | 她谁都不在乎 |
[10:32] | Well, if that’s the case, then she probably doesn’t care | 如果是这样的话 她大概也不在乎 |
[10:34] | about that young girl that collapsed this morning. | 今天早上晕倒的小女孩了吧 |
[10:37] | I’m sure she doesn’t. What’s your point? | 她肯定不在乎 你想说什么 |
[10:38] | My point is, | 我想说 |
[10:40] | this is all well and good, | 抗议示威的初衷很好 |
[10:43] | but it doesn’t get you a seat at the table. | 但这并不会给你们真正的话语权 |
[10:47] | Who did you say you were again? | 你说你是谁来着 |
[10:49] | You ain’t from around here, that much I know. | 你不是这一带的人 这个我知道 |
[10:51] | Oh, what if I told you I work for the mayor? | 如果我说我给市长干活呢 |
[10:55] | If you do, I would tell you both to go to hell. | 真是那样的话 我希望你们两个都下地狱 |
[10:58] | His child has a school. | 他的孩子有学上 |
[11:00] | If this plan goes through city council, mine won’t. | 如果市议会通过这个草案 我的孩子就没学上了 |
[11:25] | – Which floor is the mayor on? – Fifth floor. | -市长在哪层 -五层 |
[11:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[11:46] | Granted, it’s not a New York law firm, | 尽管比不上纽约的大律所 |
[11:47] | but it’s the best we had. | 但这是我们最好的办公室了 |
[11:49] | If I’d wanted a view of the park, | 如果我想要公园景观 |
[11:50] | I’d have stayed in corporate law. | 我就留在企业法律部门了 |
[11:52] | You’re late, Ms. Pearson. | 皮尔逊女士 你迟到了 |
[11:53] | Would you like to know why? | 你想知道为什么吗 |
[11:54] | I have a feeling I don’t. | 我觉得不太想 |
[11:56] | I’m late because I paid a visit | 我迟到是因为我去了 |
[11:57] | to one of the schools you’re shutting down. | 一所你们准备关闭的学校 |
[11:59] | If you’re talking about what’s going on at Franklin, | 如果你是指富兰克林的事 |
[12:01] | that’s a decision the City Council’s making | 那是市议会基于预算 |
[12:03] | based on budgetary concerns. | 所做的决定 |
[12:04] | And that’s a bullshit line a politician gives | 而这是政客知道自己 |
[12:06] | when he knows he’s on the wrong side of an issue. | 在某个问题上站错边时说的鬼话 |
[12:10] | You’re going to learn pretty quickly around here | 你在这很快就会发现 |
[12:12] | that issues are often less important than relationships. | 问题通常都没有关系重要 |
[12:15] | – Alderman Coats. – See? | -寇兹市议员 -你看 |
[12:16] | – You’re a quick study. – Oh, I did the math. | -你学得很快 -我算过了 |
[12:18] | You need her allegiance, she needs her big-money backers | 你需要她的忠诚 她需要巨额资助者 |
[12:21] | and when they tell her to jump, you say how high. | 所以他们让她跳 你就说从多高跳 |
[12:24] | Debbie Coats is a friend and an ally | 黛比·寇兹是朋友兼盟友 |
[12:27] | and right now, I need all the allies I can get. | 而现在我需要所有能结盟的人 |
[12:29] | Even if that ally is selling out the black community? | 即使那个盟友在出卖黑人群体吗 |
[12:32] | No one’s selling anyone out | 没有谁在出卖谁 |
[12:33] | and the strike’ll blow over. | 抗议会结束的 |
[12:35] | In the meantime, try focusing on what I brought you in to do. | 同时 试着将注意力集中在我让你来干的活 |
[12:40] | Electric buses. | 电动公车 |
[12:41] | Hmm, can’t wait to dig in. | 等不及要开工了 |
[12:43] | It might not be as sexy | 这也许没有 |
[12:44] | as a good old fashioned hunger strike | 传统的绝食抗议那么吸引人 |
[12:45] | but it affects a hell of a lot more people on the south side | 但这比富兰克林高中是否继续开放 |
[12:48] | than whether Franklin High School stays open. | 要影响到更多南部的人民 |
[12:51] | And right now, this is what I want. | 现在 这就是我想要的 |
[12:55] | In that case, I look forward to getting up to speed. | 这样的话 我希望能赶上进度 |
[12:58] | Way to tie in the bus motif. | 这梗接的好 |
[13:00] | I’m here all week. | 我一整周都在这 |
[13:01] | Welcome to City Hall. | 欢迎来到市政厅 |
[13:04] | Don’t be late again. | 别再迟到了 |
[13:26] | Hizzoner! | 市长先生 |
[13:29] | Where’s your detail? | 你的安保呢 |
[13:30] | Eh, resting outside comfortably on the city’s dime. | 花着市政的钱在外逍遥自在呢 |
[13:33] | Oh, Old Man Daley wouldn’t take a shit | 没有个警察守在厕所门外 |
[13:35] | without a cop outside his stall. | 老戴利连屎都拉不了 |
[13:37] | Lucky cop. | 幸运的警察 |
[13:40] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[13:41] | It’s the lawsuit against North Park. | 针对北方公园的诉讼 |
[13:44] | Go ahead and rip it up. | 撕了它吧 |
[13:45] | Yo, Pat, your dog’s up. | 帕特 你的酒好了 |
[13:48] | I hope you made better deals | 我希望你当公诉人时 |
[13:50] | when you were a public defender | 做的交易更好 |
[13:52] | ’cause you just gave away the store. | 因为你刚把大本营拱手给别人了 |
[13:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:56] | What the hell are you thinking | 你他妈怎么想的 |
[13:58] | bringing Jessica Pearson into City Hall? | 让杰西卡·皮尔逊来市政厅工作 |
[14:00] | – Are you a goddamn idiot? – Here you go. | -你傻了吗 -给你 |
[14:02] | I had no choice. | 我别无选择 |
[14:03] | She was gonna crack open your books | 她本来要查看你的账薄 |
[14:05] | and tie your dirty money to me. | 把你的脏钱和我挂钩 |
[14:06] | – What was I supposed to do? – Figure something out. | -我还能怎么办 -想办法解决 |
[14:08] | You don’t give her the keys to the kingdom. | 而不是给她通往王国的钥匙 |
[14:10] | I’m giving her an office, that’s all. | 我给她一间办公室 仅此而已 |
[14:12] | And if anyone’s to blame for this mess, it’s you. | 如果有谁要为这破事负责 是你才对 |
[14:14] | Hey, watch yourself, Bobby Boy. | 说话小心点 小鲍比 |
[14:16] | Oh, now it’s Bobby Boy. | 现在叫我小鲍比 |
[14:18] | When it’s the middle of the night | 当大半夜 |
[14:19] | and you’ve been played like a chump, then it’s, | 你被耍的团团转时 那时就成了 |
[14:21] | “Do something for me, Mr. Mayor.” | “帮帮我 市长先生” |
[14:22] | All right, without me, you’re a lifer on the City Council | 没有我 你一辈子都只能待在市议会 |
[14:25] | making speeches about opposite side of the street parking. | 谈谈违章停车的破事 |
[14:28] | – I know what I owe you. – Do ya? | -我知道我欠你很多 -是吗 |
[14:30] | ‘Cause you better not have any illusions | 因为你最好不要妄想 |
[14:31] | about letting this woman get between us. | 让这女人介入我们中间 |
[14:33] | I don’t know what that means. | 我不明白你什么意思 |
[14:34] | It means that now that you know what she’s capable of, | 意思是现在你知道她有多大能耐了 |
[14:36] | are you going to use her to come after me? | 你会用她来对付我吗 |
[14:38] | Jesus Christ. I told you, I know where I stand. | 我的天 我说了我知道自己的立场 |
[14:41] | What about where she stands? | 那她的立场呢 |
[14:43] | Okay, that shit with North Park | 北方公园那点事 |
[14:44] | is nothing compared to what she could find. | 跟她能查出来的东西比 算不上什么 |
[14:46] | She’s a threat to both of us, Bobby. | 她对我们俩都是威胁 鲍比 |
[14:49] | And that’s why I hired her. | 所以我才雇了她 |
[14:52] | Someone once taught me to keep my enemies close. | 有人教过我 要把敌人留在身边 |
[14:58] | Well, you remember that the first time she pulls on her leash. | 等她第一次违抗你后 你再想想这话 |
[15:06] | Bobby Novak in the house! | 鲍比·诺瓦克来了 |
[15:18] | There are plenty of good restaurants in your ward. | 你的选区里有很多好餐馆 |
[15:21] | Norm’s, I hear, has a fabulous gumbo. | 我听说诺姆餐厅的秋葵汤很棒 |
[15:23] | Well, I’m not required to eat | 我不用非得在 |
[15:24] | in the community I serve, ma’am. | 我的选区用餐 女士 |
[15:26] | No, but you are required to serve that community | 是的 但你必须为那个选区服务 |
[15:29] | and from what I gather, you’re falling sleeping on the job. | 而据我所知 你正在玩忽职守 |
[15:32] | I don’t mean to be rude, but who are you? | 无意冒犯 但你是哪位 |
[15:34] | I’m working on behalf of those nice people | 我为那些为了保住学校 |
[15:35] | who are starving to keep their school open. | 而绝食的好人们工作 |
[15:38] | You can tell those nice people instead of blaming me, | 你可以告诉那些好人们 他们该谢谢我 |
[15:40] | they should be thanking me. | 而不是指责我 |
[15:42] | Now I know politicians like to take credit for everything, | 我知道政客们喜欢揽功劳 |
[15:45] | but you’re going to have to walk me through that one. | 但这你得提点提点我 |
[15:47] | Did you know I grew up just down the street from Franklin? | 你知道我是在富兰克林长大的吗 |
[15:49] | – I know all about you. – Then you also know, | -我知道关于你的一切 -那你也该知道 |
[15:51] | I took a bus 21 miles roundtrip every day | 我每天都要乘公车往返21英里 |
[15:54] | because my parents wanted me educated at a magnet school. | 因为我父母想让我在更好的学校接受教育 |
[15:56] | I hated every minute of it, but it was the best thing for me. | 每一分钟都是煎熬 但对我来说是最好的选择 |
[15:59] | Are you saying you know what’s best | 你是说你知道对你选区的人民 |
[16:00] | for the people of your ward? | 什么最好吗 |
[16:02] | I’m saying if they let me, I’m trying to lift them up. | 我是说只要他们允许 我能助他们更上一层楼 |
[16:04] | The only person you’re interested | 你只是想让自己 |
[16:05] | in lifting up is yourself. | 更上一层楼 |
[16:08] | You look like you’ve been doing pretty well for yourself too | 看起来你也干得不错 |
[16:11] | and I know all the community organizers in this town. | 而我认识城里所有的社区组织者 |
[16:13] | So I will ask you again: who the hell are you? | 所以我再问一次 你到底是哪位 |
[16:16] | I work for your friend Bobby Novak | 我为你的朋友鲍比·诺瓦克工作 |
[16:18] | and if you think he’s going to sacrifice | 如果你认为他会为了保住你的职位 |
[16:20] | his re-election to keep you in office, | 而牺牲连任的机会 |
[16:22] | you’re sadly mistaken. | 那你就大错特错了 |
[16:41] | I’m assuming you’re the “me” in “see me.” | 我猜你是这张纸条的主人 |
[16:50] | Did you tell Debbie Coats | 是你告诉黛比·寇兹 |
[16:51] | I was going to sell her down the river? | 我打算弃她不顾吗 |
[16:53] | I told her it wasn’t in her self interest | 我告诉她关掉那间学校 |
[16:55] | to close down that school. | 对她个人无益 |
[16:56] | God damn it, let’s be clear here. | 去你的 我们把话说明白了 |
[16:57] | I gave you an assignment | 我给了你一个任务 |
[16:59] | and not only did you ignore it, | 但你不仅无视了它 |
[17:00] | you alienated one of my closest allies. | 还疏远了一位我最亲近的盟友 |
[17:02] | First of all, I’m not your student, | 首先 我不是你的学生 |
[17:06] | I don’t take assignments. | 我不接任务 |
[17:08] | Secondly, you ally yourself with that woman | 其次 如果你和那个女人结盟 |
[17:10] | and you’re going to be a one-term mayor. | 你将只能担任一届市长 |
[17:11] | You don’t know anything about politics. | 你对政治一无所知 |
[17:12] | But I know about power and if you sit around, | 但我了解权力 如果你坐视不管 |
[17:14] | waiting for this thing to blow over, you won’t have any. | 等着风波平息 那你就会失去权力 |
[17:17] | Please, you’ve been here all of two minutes? | 拜托 你才来了两分钟 |
[17:19] | And it took half that to see what they think about you | 我只用一分钟 就知道南边的选民 |
[17:22] | on the South Side. | 是怎么看你的了 |
[17:23] | These aren’t stupid people, Mr. Mayor. | 他们不蠢 市长先生 |
[17:25] | – Oh, I know that. – They’re smart. | -我知道 -他们很精明 |
[17:26] | – I agree. – They’re passionate, | -我同意 -他们充满激情 |
[17:27] | and all they want is for their children– | 他们想要的不过是孩子能… |
[17:29] | – Thanks for the civics lesson. – To go to a decent school! | -谢谢你的公民教育 -上一个好的学校 |
[17:30] | I’m a product of public schools. | 我就是公立学校出来的 |
[17:32] | I would love nothing more than to pour money into Franklin | 我巴不得给富兰克林 |
[17:34] | and every other school about to close. | 和每一所要关门的学校拨款 |
[17:36] | It breaks my heart when I see what’s going on out there, | 我为那里发生的事情难过至极 |
[17:38] | but I have to make choices. | 但我必须做出抉择 |
[17:40] | Then make the right choice now. | 那就做出正确的抉择 |
[17:43] | This isn’t going to work. | 我们这样行不通的 |
[17:44] | Oh, come on, baby, this is our first fight. | 得了吧 我们才吵一次架 |
[17:46] | – Don’t be like that. – I’m not joking around. | -别那样 -我不是在开玩笑 |
[17:48] | You knew what the deal was when you took it. | 你接受任命的时候就该明白 |
[17:50] | You may not be my student, but you do take assignments | 你或许不是我的学生 但你得接任务 |
[17:52] | and if you can’t do that, | 如果完成不了 |
[17:54] | we’ll shake hands and call it a day. | 我们就握手道别吧 |
[17:56] | So you’d be willing to cut ties right here and now. | 这么说你想就此一别两宽 |
[17:58] | In a New York second. | 毫不犹豫 |
[18:00] | And what makes you think I won’t toss that little grenade | 你怎么知道我不会用你和帕特·麦甘的黑料 |
[18:02] | I have on you and Pat McGann? | 对付你呢 |
[18:06] | If you really thought that would get you what you wanted, | 如果你真的觉得那样能达到目的 |
[18:10] | you’d have done it already. | 你早就动手了 |
[18:12] | And what is it you think I want, Mr. Mayor? | 你觉得我想要什么呢 市长先生 |
[18:16] | The opportunity to stand where you are right now. | 能站在这里的机会 |
[18:34] | You’re moving out? | 你要搬出去吗 |
[18:37] | I’m taking that trial in Miami. | 我接了那个迈阿密的案子 |
[18:39] | The one you said you weren’t interested in two weeks ago. | 你两星期前还说不感兴趣 |
[18:42] | Well, Dana convinced me | 达娜说服了我 |
[18:44] | that they could really use my expertise. | 他们能用得上我的专业知识 |
[18:47] | How long are you gonna be gone? | 你要去多久 |
[18:49] | It’s a RICO trial, Jessica. | 那是个诈骗和腐败组织法的案子 杰西卡 |
[18:51] | You remember what those are like. | 你知道是怎么回事 |
[18:53] | So do you want to get into it now | 你想现在就谈 |
[18:54] | or do you want to run away | 还是你想一走了之 |
[18:55] | and pretend we don’t have things to talk about? | 假装我们没什么问题 |
[18:57] | I’m not running anywhere. My firm needed my help– | 我没逃 我的律所需要我的帮助 |
[18:59] | Don’t lie to me, Jeff. | 杰夫 别骗我 |
[19:02] | You’re better than that. | 你不是那种人 |
[19:05] | You need space, say you want space. | 你需要空间 就直说你需要空间 |
[19:08] | But don’t pretend you didn’t call them and volunteer. | 但别装作你没给他们打电话自愿帮忙 |
[19:10] | You want the truth? | 你想知道真相吗 |
[19:12] | I did go to them and volunteer. | 我确实主动找他们 自愿帮忙 |
[19:18] | I should go, I’m already cutting it close. | 我该走了 已经快来不及了 |
[19:21] | I’ll call you in a day or so. | 过个一天左右我再给你打电话 |
[19:24] | So much for having my back. | 你就这么支持我的 |
[19:30] | I do have your back, Jessica, | 我的确支持你 杰西卡 |
[19:32] | but there are two people in every relationship. | 但每段感情里得由两人维系 |
[19:34] | Two. | 两人 |
[19:36] | And right now, I need to look after my own. | 现在 我需要先照顾我自己了 |
[19:53] | No offense, but I am not gonna miss this place. | 无意冒犯 但我可不会怀念这里 |
[19:57] | Well, I don’t want to see you back in here either. | 我也不想再看到你回来了 |
[19:59] | Better listen to what that nurse said about your shots. | 你最好乖乖听那个护士的话 少喝酒 |
[20:01] | Screw that, but I’ll listen to you | 去她的 但是我会听你的 |
[20:04] | ’cause you’re the best nurse here. | 因为你是这里最棒的护士 |
[20:06] | Oh, to be honest, I’m not actually a nurse. | 实话说 我其实不是护士 |
[20:09] | You got the outfit. | 你有护士服啊 |
[20:10] | Yeah, it’s called a Certified Nursing Assistant, | 没错 这叫做注册护士助理 |
[20:13] | but what I mostly do is change sheets | 但我的工作大部分是换床单 |
[20:15] | and clean bed pans. | 和清理便盆 |
[20:17] | I would hate that. | 我讨厌这份工作 |
[20:19] | Yeah, I don’t love it either, | 是啊 我也不喜欢 |
[20:21] | but I never had a chance to get an education. | 但我没机会上学读书 |
[20:24] | That’s why what you’re doing to save the school | 因此你现在为拯救学校付出的努力 |
[20:25] | is so important. | 非常重要 |
[20:27] | Thank your cousin for that. | 说到这个 谢谢你的表姐 |
[20:29] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:31] | She came by to see me last night. | 她昨晚来看望我了 |
[20:32] | Said she knows the mayor | 她说她认识市长 |
[20:34] | and that she’d do all she can to help. | 还说她会竭尽全力来帮忙 |
[20:36] | She said that, huh? | 她那么说吗 |
[20:39] | It was nice of her to check in on me. | 她人真好 还来探访我 |
[20:40] | She didn’t have to do that. | 其实她本不必这么做的 |
[20:46] | I know, it’s just what everybody’s doing these days. | 我知道 只是最近大家都这么做 |
[20:49] | I’m telling you, you don’t look 100. | 我跟你讲 你看上去可没有一百岁 |
[20:51] | You don’t look a day over 99. | 你看上去一点也不超过99岁 |
[20:56] | I gotta call you back. Okay, bye. | 我等会再打给你 好的 再见 |
[20:59] | Hello, Keri. | 你好 凯莉 |
[21:00] | Ms. Person. | 皮尔逊女士 |
[21:02] | I understand you’re joining our happy little family. | 我听说你要加入我们这幸福之家 |
[21:04] | I am and because I know what a busy woman you are, | 确实 而且因为我知道你很忙 |
[21:07] | I’ve taken it upon myself | 所以我主动揽下了 |
[21:08] | to whip up the first draft of a lawsuit. | 拟写这场官司的第一份草案的活 |
[21:11] | Shouldn’t be news to you, but you’re not a lawyer anymore. | 你应该知道 你已经不再是律师了 |
[21:14] | It’s like riding a bike. | 知识早已烂熟于心 |
[21:18] | City of Chicago v. Midwest Portage. | 芝加哥市诉中西部运输公司 |
[21:22] | You want to sue the bus manufacturer. | 你想起诉公车制造商 |
[21:23] | The mayor gave me an assignment. | 市长给我的任务 |
[21:24] | I’m just following orders. | 我只是听从命令 |
[21:26] | Do you know why we don’t go after our supplier, Ms. Pearson? | 你知道我们为什么不紧追供应商吗 皮尔逊女士 |
[21:29] | Because you don’t know what a simple breach of contract looks like? | 因为你不知道什么是违约吗 |
[21:31] | Because we have an existing relationship with the CEO | 因为我们跟总裁已经有 |
[21:34] | that stretches back over ten years | 十多年的交情了 |
[21:35] | That sounds like patronage to me. | 这听起来像互惠互利 |
[21:36] | and suing only draws attention to the fact | 而起诉只会让市长标志性议案之一 |
[21:38] | that one of the mayor’s signature issues is failing. | 失败的事实成为万众瞩目的焦点 |
[21:40] | Well, let me guess, you rather handle it | 让我猜猜 你宁愿用无数 |
[21:42] | with endless lunches on the taxpayer’s dime. | 纳税人买单的午餐应付差事 |
[21:45] | Like I said, it’s a relationship | 我说过 这是交情 |
[21:47] | and you have a lot to learn | 你应该多学学 |
[21:48] | about the way things are done around here. | 这里的处事方式 |
[21:52] | And you still have a lot to learn about being a lawyer. | 而你应该多学学如何做一名律师 |
[21:54] | I understand the concept of a bluff. | 我知道虚张声势的意思 |
[21:57] | Is that what this is? | 这就是吗 |
[21:58] | I’d just like to know, since obviously you have a plan. | 我只想知道 因为很显然你已经有打算了 |
[22:01] | It’s a kick in the ass, | 这叫牛逼 |
[22:02] | which is why the mayor brought me in. | 也是市长请我来的原因 |
[22:05] | Nice to see you, Keri. | 很高兴见到你 凯莉 |
[22:10] | Mrs. Pearson. | 皮尔逊夫人 |
[22:11] | Ms. Pearson. | 是皮尔逊女士 |
[22:12] | Right, uh, I just wanted to say that | 好吧 我只想说 |
[22:15] | I heard what you’re doing with the hunger strikers | 我听说了您是如何对待绝食抗议者的 |
[22:16] | and if you need any help with anything– | 如果你需要任何帮助 |
[22:19] | I’m sorry, who are you? | 不好意思 你是谁 |
[22:21] | I’m Derrick Mayes, ma’am. I’m the mayor’s press secretary. | 我是德里克·梅耶斯 市长的新闻发言人 |
[22:24] | Oh, in that case, maybe you should talk to him. | 如果是这样 也许你该和他谈谈 |
[22:26] | I talk to him all the time, | 我一直在和他谈 |
[22:28] | but it doesn’t seem to change anything. | 但这并没有什么用 |
[22:30] | I mean, don’t get me wrong, Bobby’s like Superman to me, | 别误会 鲍比在我眼中是个超人 |
[22:33] | but he straddles the fence on too many issues | 但他在太多问题上不作为了 |
[22:35] | and I’m glad someone’s here to push him. | 我很高兴有人能来推他一把 |
[22:37] | You shouldn’t go behind the mayor’s back like this. | 你不该这样说市长的坏话 |
[22:40] | It’s good for him. | 这是为了他好 |
[22:42] | He won’t see it that way. | 他可不会这样认为 |
[22:45] | Isn’t that what you did with the alderman? | 这不正是你对那个市议员做的事吗 |
[22:48] | Someone likes to listen in on conversations. | 看来有人喜欢偷听别人的谈话 |
[22:50] | My ear’s to the ground, ma’am, not outside his door. | 我耳目通达 女士 我不需要偷听 |
[22:53] | Oh, I’m sorry to disappoint you, Derrick Mayes, | 不好意思让你失望了 德里克·梅耶斯 |
[22:55] | but the strikers are on their own. | 但那些罢工者要靠自己了 |
[22:56] | This is exactly the kind of thing we should be fighting for. | 这正是我们该为之抗争的事情 |
[23:00] | Then take it up with Superman. | 去跟”超人”本人说吧 |
[23:02] | I’m taking it up with you. | 我在和你说 |
[23:08] | Am I taking orders from this woman? | 我现在要对那个女人言计听从了吗 |
[23:10] | I just wanna know what the ground rules are. | 我只想知道现在的基本规则是怎样 |
[23:12] | Keri, keep your voice down. | 凯莉 小声点 |
[23:14] | Stay in her lane. She’s not only out of her lane, | 说什么她不会出格 她不仅多管闲事 |
[23:16] | she’s swerving into oncoming traffic. | 还对别人指手划脚 |
[23:20] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 |
[23:21] | What happened is that she waltzed into my office | 她冲进我的办公室 像法国女王 |
[23:22] | like Marie Fucking Antoinette, telling me who and what to sue | 玛丽·安托瓦内特一样 把我当成她律所的新人 |
[23:25] | as though I were an associate at her law firm. | 告诉我要以什么罪名起诉谁 |
[23:27] | Midwest Portage. Ring a bell? | 中西部运输公司 有印象吗 |
[23:30] | I told you I was having her look into it. | 我告诉过你我正让她跟进这件事 |
[23:33] | So you’re okay with this. | 这么说你没意见 |
[23:35] | Yeah, I’m okay with it. | 是的 我没有意见 |
[23:38] | In fact, I’m happy as hell | 事实上 我欣喜若狂 |
[23:39] | ’cause it shows me someone’s actually listening. | 因为这意味着真的有人在听我的指示 |
[23:42] | It’s amazing. Day two, it’s already come to this. | 绝了 才第二天 事态就发展成这样了 |
[23:44] | – Keri. – Why is she here? | -凯莉 -她为什么会来这 |
[23:47] | Really, why is she here? | 说真的 她来这里干嘛 |
[23:48] | Don’t give me some bullshit excuse about clearing my plate | 别跟我说什么减轻我工作量的扯淡借口 |
[23:51] | I know you cut a deal with her. | 我知道你和她达成了个协议 |
[23:52] | It’s not what you think. | 事情不是你想的那样 |
[23:55] | Is this is your way of marginalizing me? | 这是你夺走我实权的方式吗 |
[23:57] | – Because– – Marginalize you? | -如果是 -夺走你实权 |
[23:59] | I’m trying to protect you. | 我是想要保护你 |
[24:01] | I know it made you sick to help McGann | 我知道你不愿帮麦甘的忙 |
[24:02] | and kick those people out on the street. | 让那些人无家可归 |
[24:03] | There’s too much dirty shit I have to do, | 我被迫做的脏活太多了 |
[24:05] | including why I cut a deal with her, | 其中包括了我为何与她做交易 |
[24:07] | and I value you too much to have you mixed up in it. | 而你对我太重要 所以我不想把你卷进去 |
[24:12] | Then tell her to back off and let me do my job. | 那就叫她别插手 让我好好做我的事 |
[24:16] | You tell her. | 你自己和她说 |
[24:21] | Bobby. | 鲍比 |
[24:22] | I miss you. | 我想你了 |
[24:26] | It’s been weeks. It’s killing me. | 这都几周了 太难熬了 |
[24:29] | I… | 我 |
[24:31] | I have worked too hard to be seen as that girl. | 我那么努力是为了不做那种女孩 |
[24:35] | No one sees you as that. | 没有人那么看你 |
[24:38] | She does. | 她认为 |
[24:40] | The woman that you bought in to keep me clean, | 那个你为了不脏我的手而雇佣的女人 |
[24:42] | she sees me as that | 她认为我是那种女孩 |
[24:44] | and every time I see her, it’s a reminder. | 每次我见她 都像是个提醒 |
[24:47] | So now she’s the reason we’re not sleeping together. | 这么说现在她是我俩不能上床的原因 |
[24:51] | It’s ironic, isn’t it? | 真讽刺 不是吗 |
[25:20] | I love the whole Deep Throat thing. | 我很爱秘密线人这一套 |
[25:22] | – I shouldn’t be seen with you. – Oh, relax. | -我不能被人看见跟你一起 -放心吧 |
[25:24] | You’re a cop. | 你是个警察 |
[25:25] | Oh, and here’s the money I owe you | 这是我欠你的钱 |
[25:27] | for failing to intimidate Jessica Pearson | 为杰西卡·皮尔逊来芝加哥时 |
[25:28] | when she came to town. | 没能吓住她 |
[25:30] | I don’t want it. | 我不想要 |
[25:31] | Come on, think of it as a retainer. | 别啊 就当是定金了 |
[25:33] | Listen, Pat, I’ve been thinking– | 听着 帕特 我在想 |
[25:35] | No, don’t think. Just do your job | 别 别想 就做好你的工作 |
[25:37] | and let me know what Bobby’s doing with this woman. | 告诉我鲍比和这个女人在干什么就行了 |
[25:39] | You want me to spy on my brother? | 你想让我监视我的兄弟吗 |
[25:41] | Just keep your eyes and ears open. | 保持耳目通达 |
[25:43] | Don’t get all dramatic. | 别那么多戏 |
[25:44] | I’m getting a little tired of you telling me what to do. | 我对你的指手划脚开始有点厌烦了 |
[25:45] | – All right, easy, kiddo. – I’m his brother! | -好的 冷静点 小子 -我是他的兄弟 |
[25:47] | You’re his half-brother. | 你是他半个兄弟 |
[25:49] | His bastard half-brother who he won’t even acknowledge | 他甚至不愿意承认自己有个杂种兄弟 |
[25:53] | because he cares more about his political future. | 因为他太在意自己的政治前途 |
[25:58] | Hey, look, I’m not saying Bobby doesn’t care about you. | 我并不是在说鲍比不在乎你 |
[26:01] | I know he does. | 我知道他在乎 |
[26:03] | But if this woman pokes her nose in things | 但如果这个女人多管闲事 |
[26:05] | and blows everything up, you’re not a Novak. | 把事情闹大 你不姓诺瓦克 |
[26:09] | That’s all I’m saying. | 我只能说这么多了 |
[26:12] | So if not for me, do it for yourself. | 即使不为我 也要为自己这么做 |
[26:37] | When you said you wanted to meet after work, | 你说下班后想见一面 |
[26:39] | I was hoping it’d be a Bulls game not a charity event. | 我还盼着是篮球比赛而不是慈善晚会 |
[26:42] | Oh, well, I can’t justify a $1,000 | 我无法圆说为何把一千美元 |
[26:45] | on somebody who’s already welching. | 浪费在一个逃避债务的人身上 |
[26:47] | Okay, I admit. | 好吧 我承认 |
[26:50] | We’re behind on the buses. Guilty as charged. | 我们的公车项目进度落后了 我认了 |
[26:52] | I appreciate the mea culpa, Dennis, | 我很高兴你道歉了 丹尼斯 |
[26:54] | but the mayor still thinks that you’re punishing him | 但市长依然觉得你惩罚他 |
[26:56] | because you didn’t get the Lansing deal. | 因为你没有拿到兰辛的生意 |
[26:59] | I’d hate to think you’re that petty. | 我不敢想象你会这么小心眼 |
[27:00] | That’s not what this is about. | 不是这么回事 |
[27:02] | The God’s honest truth is that our supply chain is broken. | 我对天发誓 我们的供应链中断了 |
[27:05] | Blaming the supply chain. | 怪罪供应链 |
[27:07] | That never gets old. | 这招屡试不爽 |
[27:09] | I’m sorry, you are? | 不好意思 你是谁 |
[27:11] | Jessica Pearson. | 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[27:13] | I thought the two of you would be discussing settlement? | 我猜你们在讨论赔偿金的问题吧 |
[27:16] | Settlement? What is she talking– | 赔偿金 她在说什么 |
[27:18] | I’m sorry, we must’ve gotten our wires crossed. | 不好意思 我们肯定搞错了 |
[27:20] | We were discussing a plan | 我们在讨论 |
[27:21] | for expediting the delivery of the buses. | 加快公车交付的计划 |
[27:23] | Oh, a plan never starts with the God’s honest truth. | 拜托 计划永远不会以”我对天发誓”开头 |
[27:26] | That’s an excuse and the mayor has had enough of them. | 这就是借口 市长已经受够了 |
[27:30] | I believe this is yours. | 我想这是你的 |
[27:36] | You’re suing me. | 你们要告我 |
[27:37] | No, um, nobody’s suing anyone. | 不是 没人要告你 |
[27:40] | Ms. Pearson is new and she doesn’t understand | 皮尔逊女士是新来的 她还不知道 |
[27:42] | how things are done in Chicago. | 芝加哥办事的方式 |
[27:43] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[27:44] | In New York when someone’s serving up bullshit excuses, | 在纽约要是有人满嘴胡说八道 |
[27:47] | it doesn’t matter if they’re backed by a stringed quartet. | 就算他们身后有四重奏配乐 |
[27:50] | They’re still bullshit. | 依然是胡扯 |
[27:51] | What’s bullshit is you pulling this | 胡扯的是你们在这儿 |
[27:53] | good cop/bad cop act on me. | 一个唱红脸一个唱白脸 |
[27:56] | I still have a lot of pending deals with your office, Keri. | 我和你还有很多生意往来 凯莉 |
[28:00] | Yes, you do and unless you’re willing | 没错 除非你愿意 |
[28:02] | to start honoring your contract today, | 从今天开始遵守合约 |
[28:05] | I may want to rethink all of them. | 我可能要重新考虑所有合同 |
[28:07] | I don’t appreciate being played. | 我不喜欢被耍 |
[28:09] | Neither does the city. See you in court. | 这座城市也不想 法庭上见 |
[28:17] | I like the way you went with that. | 我喜欢你随机应变的能力 |
[28:19] | You almost remind me of a young me. | 几乎让我想到了年轻的我 |
[28:21] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你知道你在干什么吗 |
[28:23] | At the moment, your job. | 就此刻而言 在做你的工作 |
[28:24] | That would be impossible since I’m the actual lawyer. | 这不可能 因为我才是真的律师 |
[28:27] | That didn’t stop me from getting | 这也没有阻止 |
[28:28] | one of the 20 eager lawyers in your office | 你办公室里二十个积极的律师 |
[28:31] | to draft that for me. | 为我起草诉讼书 |
[28:32] | Oh, is that what this is about? | 这才是关键吗 |
[28:33] | – You want to humiliate me. – Humiliate you? | -你想要羞辱我 -羞辱你 |
[28:36] | I’ve just raised your stock. | 我刚提高了你的身价 |
[28:37] | You’ve finally shown him you have a spine. | 你终于向他展示了你的骨气 |
[28:48] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no! Not the million! | 别 别 别是百万 |
[28:52] | Ooh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[28:55] | She didn’t lose the money, did she? | 她的钱没有丢吧 |
[28:56] | Please tell me she didn’t lose it. | 拜托告诉我她没有 |
[28:58] | No, thank God, | 没有 谢天谢地 |
[29:00] | but that red ball bounced ten times before it landed. | 但红球在落地前弹了十次 |
[29:06] | – The kids asleep? – Yeah. | -孩子睡了吗 -睡了 |
[29:08] | I put them down about an hour ago. | 我一小时前把他们哄睡着了 |
[29:11] | Be nice to see them awake once before they’re 18. | 真希望能在他们成年前见一眼醒着的他们 |
[29:15] | Thanks, Ma. | 谢了 妈 |
[29:19] | Did you hear from Jessica? | 你有杰西卡的消息吗 |
[29:21] | No. Something wrong? | 没有 出什么事了吗 |
[29:23] | No. She showed up at the hospital yesterday, | 没有 她昨天去了医院 |
[29:26] | got all up in my business. | 突然对我的事上心 |
[29:28] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[29:29] | Remember those kids on TV, | 记得那些在电视里的孩子吗 |
[29:30] | they’re trying to save Franklin? | 想拯救富兰克林学校的那些孩子 |
[29:32] | One of them landed in my ER. | 其中一个被送到我的急诊室 |
[29:35] | Dear Lord. | 天哪 |
[29:36] | In walks Jessica making big promises | 杰西卡进了屋 满口承诺 |
[29:39] | to this poor girl about keeping her school open. | 答应小女孩不会让她的学校关门 |
[29:42] | Maybe she’ll do it. | 或许她会这么做 |
[29:44] | What makes you say that? | 你为什么这么说 |
[29:47] | What? I– | 怎么了 我 |
[29:48] | Ma, these kids are starving themselves | 妈妈 这些孩子们正在绝食 |
[29:50] | and no one gives a damn if they live or die, | 可没人在乎他们的死活 |
[29:52] | but some outsider strolls in | 但局外人一掺和 |
[29:53] | and they’re just going to keep the school open? | 市里就不会关闭学校了吗 |
[29:55] | She is a successful woman, Angela. | 她是个成功的女性 安吉拉 |
[29:58] | People, they– they listen to her. | 人们 人们会听她的 |
[30:01] | Yeah, well, people listen to a lot of folk | 是啊 人们会听从很多 |
[30:02] | who are full of shit. | 满嘴胡话的人 |
[30:04] | You are being a little too hard on her. | 你对她太苛刻了 |
[30:08] | She’s all talk, Ma, | 她只会说大话 妈 |
[30:09] | and the sooner you realize that, the better. | 你越早明白越好 |
[30:12] | One red ball left. | 只剩一颗红球了 |
[30:22] | – The mayor went home. – I’m not looking for the mayor. | -市长回家了 -我不是来找他的 |
[30:24] | I’m looking for you. | 我来找你 |
[30:27] | I’m sorry if I overstepped my bounds. | 很抱歉我越界了 |
[30:29] | I can get a little overzealous. | 我有时过于热心 |
[30:30] | No, overzealous is good in the right hands. | 不 热心用对了地方很有用 |
[30:33] | It gets things done. | 能把事情办好 |
[30:36] | You want something from me, don’t you? | 你想让我做点事 对吧 |
[30:38] | You want to make a difference, all you have to do is get me | 如果你想改变现状 就把寇兹市议员 |
[30:40] | the last three tax returns for Alderman Coats | 最近三份纳税申报单找给我 |
[30:42] | and tell me where she lives. | 并告诉我她住哪 |
[30:43] | Is this legal? | 这合法吗 |
[30:45] | We’re not doing anything illegal, are we? | 我们没做违法的事 对吧 |
[30:47] | We’re putting our money where our mouth is. | 我们用行动说话 |
[30:59] | Hey, don’t forget. We got that fundraiser up in Glencoe | 别忘了 明天市议会开始之前我们要去 |
[31:00] | before the council meeting tomorrow. | 格伦科参加筹款活动 |
[31:01] | I got a lane on 94 in case we’re running late. | 我们走94号公路过去 以免迟到 |
[31:04] | Good man. | 很好 |
[31:05] | I saw McGann today. | 我今天见了麦甘 |
[31:12] | That’s funny. | 有意思 |
[31:14] | I guess he didn’t like what I had to say. | 我猜他不喜欢我说的话 |
[31:16] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[31:17] | C’mon, Nick. You know what it means. | 拜托 尼克 你知道这是什么意思 |
[31:18] | He tries to divide us. That’s his thing. | 他想挑拨我们 他总这么干 |
[31:20] | Maybe so, but he’s not wrong about that Pearson woman. | 也许吧 但他对皮尔逊这女人的看法没错 |
[31:24] | That fat piece of shit. | 那个胖人渣 |
[31:26] | You see, he’s doing it already. | 看吧 他已经在离间我们了 |
[31:28] | Suddenly, it’s you and him on a side. | 突然 你们成了一伙 |
[31:30] | I don’t want to be on his side, but I need an ally. | 我不想和他站队 但我需要一个盟友 |
[31:33] | We’re together every day. | 我们每天都在一起 |
[31:34] | What, this? | 像这样吗 |
[31:36] | I took this bullshit job for you, Bobby. | 我为了你才干这个 鲍比 |
[31:38] | To serve and protect one man. | 伺候和保护一个人 |
[31:40] | – You. – I don’t believe this shit. | -就是你 -真不敢相信 |
[31:42] | Where am I in all of this? | 那我算什么 |
[31:44] | What happens if the truth comes out? | 如果真相曝光怎么办 |
[31:45] | Nothing’s coming out. | 什么都不会发生 |
[31:47] | Who’s going to look out for me, Bobby? | 谁来保护我 鲍比 |
[31:48] | All I’ve ever done is look out for you! | 我所做的都是为了保护你 |
[31:50] | From the minute I knew, | 从我知道的那一刻起 |
[31:51] | I treated you like my own flesh and blood. | 我就把你当亲骨肉看待 |
[31:53] | I protected you, I confided in you, | 我保护你 向你倾诉 |
[31:55] | and I got you on this bullshit detail that every other cop | 把城里每个警察想干的安保活儿给了你 |
[31:57] | in the city wants because you’re family. | 就因为你是我亲人 |
[31:59] | You’re the one who doesn’t come inside the house. | 是你不想进屋 |
[32:00] | You’re the one. That’s on you. | 是你 那都怪你 |
[32:07] | It’s you and me. | 是咱俩啊 |
[32:14] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[33:16] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[33:22] | Please be seated. | 请坐 |
[33:24] | Next on the docket, Finley v. Broder. | 下个案件 芬利诉布罗德案 |
[33:28] | Is everybody here? | 人到齐了吗 |
[33:29] | Your Honor, Keri Allen | 法官大人 凯莉·艾伦 |
[33:30] | representing the City of Chicago. | 代表芝加哥市 |
[33:32] | We were first up on the docket after lunch. | 我们是午后案件目录上第一个案子 |
[33:34] | Were on the docket. Not anymore. | 曾经是 现在不是了 |
[33:37] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[33:38] | Well, that’s a question for one of your colleagues. | 这个问题该问你的同事 |
[33:40] | Someone from the mayor’s office called | 市长办公室来电话 |
[33:42] | and said the matter had been settled. | 说事情已经解决了 |
[33:43] | Now, would the parties from the case I called | 现在 刚才叫到的双方当事人 |
[33:45] | please approach the bench? | 请到法官席前 |
[33:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:02] | You’ve got some nerve. | 你真有胆量 |
[34:03] | Hijacking my meeting is one thing, | 打断我的会面是一回事 |
[34:05] | but hanging me out to dry in court is another. | 但让我在法庭上出丑是另一回事 |
[34:06] | That affects my reputation and that I won’t stand for. | 这影响我的名声 我绝不允许 |
[34:09] | You should’ve thought about reputation | 你应该在吊销我执照之前 |
[34:11] | before you took my license. | 就考虑到自己的名声 |
[34:13] | Have you ever thought about | 你有没有想过 |
[34:14] | why I took your license, Ms. Pearson? | 我为什么吊销你的执照 皮尔逊女士 |
[34:16] | Oh, I know why. | 我知道为什么 |
[34:17] | You’re pissed because I made your office look like shit | 你生气是因为我用13局的案件 |
[34:19] | with the 13th District case. | 让你办公室难堪 |
[34:21] | Wrong! You made the 13th District look like shit. | 错 是因为你让13局难堪 |
[34:24] | My father was a police officer | 我父亲是个警察 |
[34:25] | and he didn’t go out there and risk his life every single day | 他每天冒着生命危险上班可不是为了 |
[34:28] | so you could call him and all other cops animals. | 让你叫他和其他警察禽兽 |
[34:31] | I didn’t know about your father. | 我不知道你父亲是警察 |
[34:34] | You do now. | 你知道 |
[34:36] | And I didn’t call them anything. | 而且我也没辱骂他们 |
[34:39] | I went after specific men who did specific things. | 我只针对具体的人和具体的事 |
[34:42] | Well, let me be specific with you right now. | 那我现在就跟你说具体点 |
[34:45] | You want to come at me, come at me, | 你想对付我 就冲着我来 |
[34:48] | but stay the hell away from my department | 但是离我的部门远点 |
[34:49] | and any of the lawyers who work for me | 离我手下的律师远点 |
[34:51] | or I’ll make disbarment feel like jaywalking. | 否则我会让取消律师资格变得易如反掌 |
[34:55] | Are you threatening me? | 你在威胁我吗 |
[34:57] | I’m warning you. | 我是警告你 |
[34:59] | I’ve been underestimated my whole life | 我一辈子都被别人低估了 |
[35:01] | ’cause I don’t look like a policeman’s daughter. | 因为我长得不像警察的女儿 |
[35:03] | But I’m 33 years old and I’m the City Attorney. | 但是我现在33岁 成了市检察官 |
[35:07] | I didn’t get where I am by being stupid. | 我不是靠犯傻爬到这个位置的 |
[35:20] | The Council will come to order. | 市政局会议开始 |
[35:22] | I’ll now call the role. | 我现在点名 |
[35:24] | – Alderman Blake. – Present. | -布莱克议员 -到 |
[35:25] | – Alderman Morrison? – Present. | -莫里森议员 -到 |
[35:27] | Alderman Coats. | 寇兹市议员 |
[35:28] | Uh, if I may before we begin, I’d like permission to speak. | 我们开始之前请允许我发言 |
[35:34] | As you know, I believe a math and science education | 众所周知 我认为数学和科学教育 |
[35:37] | is vital to the future of our young people. | 对年轻人的未来至关重要 |
[35:39] | That’s why I supported the Richard Feynman School | 所以此前我支持建立 |
[35:41] | of Science and Engineering, | 理查德·费曼理工学校 |
[35:43] | a charter school on the North side, | 北部的一所特许学校 |
[35:44] | to replace my ward’s aging high school. | 以替代我选区内的旧高中 |
[35:47] | As I said, it’s a short distance for our kids to travel, | 正如我所说 孩子上下学虽近 |
[35:50] | but it’ll take them far in their careers. | 但他们能在未来职业路上走得更远 |
[35:52] | However, in light of the community’s | 然而 鉴于社区强力支持 |
[35:54] | incredible commitment to keep Franklin open | 继续开放富兰克林学校 |
[35:58] | and the mayor’s personal plea, | 再加上市长先生的个人请求 |
[36:02] | I have decided to withdraw my support for closing the school. | 我决定撤回关闭富兰克林学校的决定 |
[36:05] | Yes! | 好 |
[36:10] | Please, please. If you will. | 请安静 请稍安勿躁 |
[36:14] | Effective immediately, I have also decided to resign | 我亦决定辞去第54选区市议员一职 |
[36:16] | as alderman of the 54th Ward | 此决定即刻生效 |
[36:18] | to pursue opportunities in the private sector. | 我将在私营部门寻求工作机会 |
[36:21] | It’s been an honor to serve and work with you all. | 能与你们共事 为大家服务是我的荣幸 |
[36:25] | What the hell is going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[36:26] | I’m going to look like an idiot | 如果我不说点什么 |
[36:27] | if I don’t make some kind of statement. | 会显得像个白痴 |
[36:29] | This has all the information | 这是所有有关 |
[36:30] | about the alderman’s new position | 寇兹议员新职位的信息 |
[36:32] | as well as a commitment to rebuild schools | 以及她将在凯伍德及其周边社区 |
[36:34] | in Kenwood and the surrounding communities. | 重建学校的计划 |
[36:36] | – You knew about this? – I did. | -你知道这件事 -是的 |
[36:53] | What do you think? | 你觉得什么颜色好 |
[36:55] | Oyster White or Charleston Blue? | 牡蛎白还是查尔斯顿蓝 |
[37:00] | I’m just curious. | 我就是好奇 |
[37:02] | Since you’re the one who got her the job, | 既然是你给了黛比·寇兹这个工作 |
[37:05] | what exactly is Debbie Coats | 那她到底要去 |
[37:06] | going to be doing at Midwest Portage? | 中西部运输公司做什么 |
[37:07] | She’s going to make it a priority | 她的首要职责是 |
[37:09] | to ramp up production | 增加产量 |
[37:11] | and deliver your fleet of electric buses. | 并交付你的电动公车车队 |
[37:19] | You went behind my back, Ms. Pearson. | 皮尔逊女士 你背着我做了决定 |
[37:21] | I made you look good, Mr. Mayor. | 我让你有面子 市长先生 |
[37:24] | You just ended a 23 day hunger strike. | 你刚结束了一场23天的绝食抗议 |
[37:25] | Did I? I mean, the strike only ended | 是吗 抗议结束是因为 |
[37:28] | because a greedy alderman took a cush VP job. | 贪婪的议员接了副总的肥差 |
[37:31] | And now you have 60 days to replace her | 你现在有60天时间找一位 |
[37:32] | with someone who better represents the community. | 能更好代表社区的人来代替她 |
[37:36] | You might want to make a statement about that | 你最好就此发表一个声明 |
[37:38] | so the strikers know you heard them. | 这样抗议者才知道你听到了他们的心声 |
[37:40] | You mean this. | 你指这个 |
[37:42] | I like that Derrick. | 我喜欢那个德里克 |
[37:43] | He is on top of everything. | 他关注所有事情 |
[37:49] | You know, you may not know this, | 也许你不知道 |
[37:49] | but I was the youngest alderman ever elected. | 我是有史以来最年轻的市议员 |
[37:52] | 26. | 26岁 |
[37:54] | I’d done a whole year at the public defender’s office. | 我在公设辩护律师办公室工作了一年 |
[37:55] | I was ready to take on the world. | 已准备好征服世界 |
[37:57] | First month in, I tried to raise | 入职第一个月 我就试着 |
[37:58] | the minimum wage to $7.25. | 把最低工资涨至7.25美元 |
[38:01] | 7.25’s half what it should be. | 其实只该有7.25美元的一半 |
[38:03] | You would’ve thought I was a Leninist. | 那会你肯定会认为我是个列宁主义者 |
[38:06] | But I didn’t back down and I pushed it through. | 但我没有退缩 我抗过来了 |
[38:09] | See, I knew there was a dreamer | 你看 我就知道在你内心深处 |
[38:10] | hiding in there somewhere. | 藏着一个梦想家 |
[38:12] | Look where you are now. | 看看你现在的成就 |
[38:14] | I’m where I am right now because right after that, | 我有今天的成就 是因为在那之后 |
[38:17] | the oldest member told me what might happen | 议会的元老告诉我如果囫囵吞枣 |
[38:20] | if I bit off too much too soon. | 后果会怎样 |
[38:23] | I can’t tell if that’s advice or a warning. | 我不知道这是忠告还是警告 |
[38:26] | You saved the day today, | 你今天帮了大忙 |
[38:28] | but everything we do here has real life consequences. | 但我们在这儿做的每件事都会有现实后果 |
[38:31] | You think I don’t know that? | 你以为我不知道吗 |
[38:32] | I think you’re a smart woman | 我觉得你是个聪明的女人 |
[38:33] | who doesn’t understand that when shit happens, | 但不明白如果事情搞砸了 |
[38:36] | it’s my name on the door, not yours. | 砸的是我的招牌 不是你的 |
[38:41] | This is all new to me, Mr. Mayor, | 这一切对我来说都很新 市长先生 |
[38:45] | and it’s going to take a little time | 我要花些时间 |
[38:46] | for me to get used to not calling the shots. | 来习惯不发号施令 |
[38:50] | But I don’t think you want me taking smaller bites. | 但是我不觉得你希望我细嚼慢咽 |
[38:52] | – No? – No. | -不吗 -不想 |
[38:56] | I think you have a problem you need solved | 我觉得你有需要解决的麻烦 |
[39:00] | and that’s why you brought me in. | 所以你才叫我来 |
[39:04] | Now you’ve seen what I can do, | 现在你知道了我的能耐 |
[39:07] | why don’t you tell me what Pat McGann has on you. | 不如说说帕特·麦甘手里有你什么把柄吧 |
[39:17] | I’d go with the blue. | 我会选蓝色 |
[39:49] | Oh, Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[39:52] | Hey, why don’t you come in? | 快进来吧 |
[39:54] | Oh, I don’t think I should. | 我想还是不了 |
[39:56] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[39:57] | Lily, I need to tell you something | 莉莉 我要告诉你一些事情 |
[40:00] | that I–I should have told you days ago. | 一些我几天前就该告诉你的事情 |
[40:04] | I dropped your lawsuit | 我放弃了你的案子 |
[40:06] | in exchange for a job with the mayor. | 换了一份与市长共事的工作 |
[40:10] | I know. | 我知道 |
[40:12] | Angela said she didn’t tell you. | 安吉拉说她没告诉你 |
[40:14] | She didn’t have to tell me. | 她不需要跟我说 |
[40:15] | I know when something’s going on with my daughter. | 我看得出我女儿有心事 |
[40:19] | – Lillian, I’m so sorry. – Don’t be sorry. | -莉莉安 我很抱歉 -没什么好抱歉的 |
[40:22] | But the question is why? Why–why didn’t you tell me? | 但问题是为什么 为什么你不告诉我 |
[40:25] | I–I didn’t want to tell you that I’d failed. | 我不想告诉你 我失败了 |
[40:28] | You didn’t fail, Jessica. | 你没有失败 杰西卡 |
[40:29] | No, I made a promise to save your home | 不 我承诺过要保住你的家 |
[40:32] | and I couldn’t make it happen. | 然而我食言了 |
[40:35] | No, come on. Come inside. | 没有 来吧 进来吧 |
[40:38] | Not tonight. | 今晚不行 |
[40:41] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. Jeff is waiting for me. | -你确定 -是的 杰夫在等我 |
[40:47] | Another night? | 改天可以吗 |
[40:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:03] | You got a death wish. | 你活得不耐烦了吧 |
[41:07] | I heard what happened in court today. | 我听说了今天在法庭上发生的事 |
[41:10] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[41:12] | Nothing a glass of chardonnay won’t fix. | 没有什么是一杯霞多丽解决不了的 |
[41:15] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该来这 |
[41:17] | We’re not doing anything. | 我们也没做什么 |
[41:24] | Then why are you here? | 那你来这里做什么 |
[41:25] | I’m concerned about you. | 我很关心你 |
[41:28] | You left work early. | 你提前下班了 |
[41:30] | Don’t be. I’m fine. | 别操心我 我很好 |
[41:32] | Is that number three or four? | 是三号还是四号 |
[41:36] | Think you know me so well. | 你自以为很懂我 |
[41:38] | I do, and it’s not like you to run from a fight. | 我是懂你 而且做逃兵也不是你的风格 |
[41:40] | – Oh, fuck you. – There’s my girl. | -你大爷的 -这才像我的好姑娘 |
[41:42] | No, I’m not your girl | 不 我不是你的姑娘 |
[41:43] | and I don’t need you coming around here checking on me. | 而且我也不需要你来这里照看我 |
[41:46] | Well, maybe I need you. Did you ever think of that? | 也许是我需要你 你想过吗 |
[41:48] | You should’ve thought of that before you brought that woman | 你应该在把那个女人带来我办公室之前 |
[41:50] | into my office. | 就想到这点 |
[41:52] | She’s not here to replace you. | 她不是来替代你的 |
[41:54] | Believe me, I’m not sticking around to find out. | 相信我 我不会死皮赖脸待着 |
[41:56] | What does that mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[41:59] | Keri. | 凯莉 |
[42:01] | I don’t care who has power in the office | 我不管谁在办公室里说了算 |
[42:04] | or what she does. | 或者她做什么 |
[42:06] | I’m here risking every goddamn thing in my life | 我冒着千难万险来到这里 |
[42:10] | because you’re the person I need. | 因为你是我需要的人 |
[42:14] | Your wife is the person that you– | 你老婆才需要你 |