英文名称:The Way
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:55] | X-O-T X-O-T. | |
[00:58] | F-D-E F-D-E. | |
[01:01] | And the next set? | 下一行? |
[01:02] | P-N-E P-N-E. | |
[01:05] | E-R-Z E-R-Z. | |
[01:07] | Uh, Eunice. | 好了 优尼诗 |
[01:09] | Yes, Dr. Avery? | 什么 爱维医生? |
[01:10] | How many of those letters can you actually see, | 里面有多少字母 是你真正看到的 |
[01:13] | and how many have you memorized? | 多少是你勉强背下的? |
[01:15] | I can see all of them, Dr. Avery. | 我全能看到 爱维医生 |
[01:21] | Eunice. | 优尼诗 |
[01:22] | Okay. I memorized the last two, Tom. | 好吧 我只背了最后两个 汤姆 |
[01:25] | Only the last two. | 只有最后两个 |
[01:27] | If I can’t get my license renewed… | 如果我不能更新驾驶执照 |
[01:28] | Eunice, you need to wear the lenses I prescribed. | 优尼诗 你要戴我给你配的眼镜 |
[01:31] | Contact lenses don’t work for me, and glasses give me headaches. | 我没法戴隐形眼镜 眼镜又让我头痛 |
[01:34] | Then we’ll change the prescription, | 那我们换镜片好了 |
[01:36] | but you know the DMV’s gonna test you again anyway. | 但是你知道车管局 还是会再测试你的 |
[01:38] | I’ve memorized those charts, too. | 他们的表格我也会背了 |
[01:42] | Mrs. Conrad called | 康瑞太太打电话来 |
[01:44] | and canceled her appointment for tomorrow. | 她取消了明天的预约会诊 |
[01:46] | Bill Warren wants to know if he can see you before he goes in for work, | 比尔·沃伦想问你 他可不可以上班前与你见面 |
[01:50] | which means you have to be here at 8 A.M. | 也就是说你八点前要到这 |
[01:52] | – Okay. – Okay for 8:00? | -好的 -八点没问题? |
[01:53] | – Yeah. – Oh. | -是的 -噢 |
[01:55] | Roger called while you were in with a patient. | 你刚刚出诊时 罗杰来电话 |
[01:57] | Uh, he said if you miss the 2:00 tee time, you pay for the beer. | 他说如果两点你还不到 就得请他喝啤酒 |
[02:01] | I pay for the beer anyway. | 反正都是我请客 |
[02:02] | And Daniel called | 昨晚丹尼尔打电话来 |
[02:04] | and left a message here on the voice mail last night. | 给你留了口信 |
[02:06] | What’d he say? | 他说什么了? |
[02:07] | He said he’ll call back, said he’s somewhere in France, | 他说他正在法国的什么地方 还说他会再打给你的 |
[02:10] | and, uh, he sounded good. | 听上去他很好 |
[02:11] | I mean, how do you not sound good if you’re in France, right? | 我说 在法国呆着 谁能没有好心情呢 对吧? |
[02:13] | Did he leave a number this time? | 他这次留了号码吗? |
[02:15] | No. | 没有 |
[02:18] | Everyone on the planet has a mobile phone except my son. | 全世界除了我儿子 每个人都有手机 |
[02:21] | The world on Daniel’s terms. | 就爱由着性子乱来 |
[02:25] | See you. | 再见 |
[02:27] | Oh, no! | 哦 不! |
[02:29] | Ayy! | 糟糕! |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1417个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:229个,六级词汇:107个,GRE词汇:110个,托福词汇:141个,考研词汇:256个,专四词汇:203个,专八词汇:33个, 所有生词标注共:424个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:32] | Let me show you how a real doctor does it. | 让我示范一下 真正的医生是怎么打的 |
[02:33] | Since when is Tom not a real doctor, Rog? | 什么时候开始汤姆 算不上不是真医生了 罗杰? |
[02:35] | The eyes are the most important organ in the body, Roger. | 眼睛可是身体最重要的器官 罗杰老弟 |
[02:38] | Maybe at your age, Tom. | 尤其你这把年纪 更是如此 |
[02:40] | They’re the windows to the soul. | 它们是心灵之窗 |
[02:41] | Yeah? How the hell would Roger know? | 是吧? 罗杰怎么会知道呢? |
[02:43] | He doesn’t have one. | 他完全没有灵魂 |
[02:47] | Oh. Ho ho ho! | 哦 天哪 不 |
[02:49] | Looks like malpractice to me, boys. | 老兄们 这一杆子下去 简直就是渎职误伤啊 |
[02:51] | Don’t use your foot wedge, Phil. | 别用脚垫 菲尔 |
[02:53] | I got your foot wedge, Roger. | 你的脚垫在我这 罗杰 |
[02:54] | All right, what have we got, about 70? | 好的 我们战绩如何 差不多70码? |
[02:56] | Yeah, plus 10 to the flag. | 是 加上旗杆那十码 |
[03:00] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 你看我说什么来的 |
[03:02] | – It’ll play. – Yeah? That’s good stuff. | -你觉得怎么样? -还不错 那是个好球啊 |
[03:04] | I’m over there. | 我要过去那边 |
[03:05] | Yeah, I see. It’s about three feet away. | 看到了 大概三尺开外吧 |
[03:07] | – You want a ride, or what? – I’m old and tired. | -怎么着你还想要搭我的车? -我又老又累 |
[03:09] | Heh. You’re old and lazy. | 你又老又懒 |
[03:10] | I don’t see you walking this course. | 这场球我也没看到你走过 |
[03:18] | mine, and it can wait. | 是我的 等等再接 |
[03:24] | Get… Ay-yi-yah. | 中 啊哈 |
[03:26] | – Nice chip. – Not bad. | -打的好 -不赖 |
[03:27] | Go ahead and putt out. | 你们先玩 |
[03:28] | I’ll catch up with you. Hello. | 我会赶上你的喂? |
[03:29] | Uh, hello? Hello? | 嗯 阿鲁? 阿鲁? |
[03:31] | Yes. Hello. | 是的 哈罗 |
[03:35] | I’m sorry. I don’t speak French. | 不好意思 我不会讲法语 |
[03:37] | I’m Captain Henri Sebastian of the National Gendarmerie | 我是国家警察局的 亨利•斯巴斯狄恩探长 |
[03:39] | in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port in France. | 这里是法国的圣·让德港口 |
[03:42] | Is something wrong? | 有事吗? |
[03:43] | Are you the father of Daniel Avery? | 你是丹尼尔·爱维的父亲吗? |
[03:46] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[03:47] | I’m sorry to inform you that your son has been killed, sir. | 很遗憾地通知您 您的儿子去世了 先生 |
[03:51] | What? What do you mean? | 什么? 你这是什么意思? |
[03:54] | Daniel? Something happened to Daniel? | 丹尼尔? 他发生什么事了 |
[03:57] | He was caught in a storm. | 他在卡米诺圣地亚哥 |
[04:00] | On the Camino de Santiago, monsieur. | 突遇一场暴风雨 |
[04:02] | – What? – it’s in the French Pyrenees. | -在哪儿? -是法国的比利牛斯山 |
[04:05] | Tom. | 汤姆? |
[04:07] | Tommy! | 汤米? |
[04:08] | Where you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[04:12] | Tommy?! | 汤米? ! |
[04:38] | I’m sorry for your loss, Tom. | 节哀顺变 汤姆 |
[04:40] | Thanks, Father. | 谢谢你 神父 |
[04:43] | I’m going overseas to bring Daniel home. | 我准备去法国接丹尼尔回家 |
[04:52] | Would you like to pray with me, Tom? | 你想和我一同祈祷吗 汤姆? |
[04:58] | What for? | 为了什么? |
[05:35] | All the information for your itinerary is in here. | 所有你需要的 旅途信息都在里面 |
[05:39] | I…I canceled all your appointments for next week, so… | 我已经把下周所有的 预约都取消了 所以 |
[05:42] | He wanted to see the world. | 他想环游世界 |
[05:47] | And he did. | 他也确实付诸行动了 |
[07:05] | You should fly with me. | 跟我一起走吧 |
[07:06] | What? | 什么? |
[07:08] | You should fly with me. | 我说跟我一起走吧 |
[07:09] | – Yeah, right. – Turn the car around. | -瞧你说的轻巧 -马上掉头回去 |
[07:11] | Pack a bag. Grab your passport. | 拿上护照 收拾行李 |
[07:13] | Forget your golf clubs. | 忘掉你的高尔夫俱乐部 |
[07:15] | Come on. A father-son trip. lt’ll be fun. | 来一次父子之行吧 肯定会其乐无穷的 |
[07:19] | When you coming back? | 你什么时候回来? |
[07:21] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[07:24] | So you don’t have a plan. | 就是说你毫无计划 |
[07:26] | We agreed that if I let you take me to the airport, | 说好了的 我让你载我去机场 |
[07:28] | you wouldn’t lecture me about how I’m ruining my life. | 你就不会再说教我虚度人生 |
[07:30] | I lied. | 骗你的 |
[07:33] | You know, most people don’t have the luxury | 你要知道 大多数人 是没有那份奢侈心情 |
[07:36] | ofjust picking up and leaving it all behind, Daniel. | 把生活的一切 抛诸脑后的 丹尼尔 |
[07:38] | Well, I’m not most people. | 我跟大多数人不一样 |
[07:40] | If I don’t have your blessing, that’s fine, | 你不赞成我出行 这我能接受 |
[07:42] | but don’t judge this. Don’t judge me. | 但是不要妄下决论 别去判断我 |
[07:46] | My life here might not seem like much to you, | 我的人生也许与你的大相径庭 |
[07:49] | but it’s the life I choose. | 但它是我自己做出的选择 |
[07:53] | You don’t choose a life, Dad. | 生活不是选出来的 爸爸 |
[07:56] | You live one. | 是过出来的 |
[08:43] | – Monsieur Avery? – Yes. | -是爱维先生吗? -是的 |
[08:47] | We spoke on the phone. Captain Henri Sebastian. | 我们通过电话 亨利·斯巴斯狄恩探长 |
[08:50] | Of course. | 你好 |
[09:06] | I don’t know why. I know it’s odd, | 不知为什么 我知道这感觉很奇怪 |
[09:08] | but I thought it would say something else. | 但我以为标志牌上写的会是别的词 |
[09:10] | It’s the same word back home. | 上面的用词和居然美国的一样 |
[09:12] | I guess I thought it would be different. | 同样是”回家” 我想也变得意义不同了 |
[09:15] | Mr. Avery, if you’re not ready to do this, | 爱维先生 如果你还没 感觉准备好 |
[09:17] | – It can wait. – No. It’s fine. | -我们可以之后再来 -不要 |
[09:20] | I mean, it’s not fine. | 没有问题 我是说 不是没有问题 |
[09:21] | I mean I’m okay. | 我能行的 |
[09:22] | Let’s get it over with. | 我们按程序来吧 |
[09:24] | Let’s just get it over with. | 走完程序就好了 |
[10:13] | These are Daniel’s belongings. | 这些是丹尼尔的行李 |
[10:17] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[10:22] | This is everything he had when we found him. | 我们发现他时 他身边的全部行李就是这些 |
[10:24] | What happened? | 怎么发生的? |
[10:26] | It was an accident. | 是一场意外 |
[10:27] | The weather in the Pyrenees is famous for being unpredictable, | 比利牛斯山的气候 是出了名的变化莫测 |
[10:31] | and I’m sure Daniel would have been warned by the locals. | 我相信当地人 提醒过丹尼尔 |
[10:36] | You were not close with him? | 你和他不太亲近? |
[10:40] | Not since his mother died, I’m sorry to say. | 很遗憾 但自他母亲去世后确实疏远了 |
[10:43] | What was he doing out there? | 他在那里做什么? |
[10:45] | He was on pilgrimage on the Camino, | 他要去卡米诺朝圣 |
[10:48] | walking the road to Santiago de Compostela. | 徒步走到圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉 |
[10:51] | People from very different backgrounds, faith and generations | 千百年来 不同背景 年龄和信仰的人们 |
[10:55] | have walked the path from here in the French Pyrenees | 都曾从这儿 法国比利牛斯山出发 |
[10:58] | to Santiago de Compostela, | 步行前往 圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉 |
[11:00] | 800 kilometers on the northwestern coast of Spain | 沿西班牙西北海岸 共计八百公里 |
[11:03] | for over a thousand years. | 这条路漫漫不绝 |
[11:05] | We believers are told that the remains of Saint James, the apostle of Jesus | 如我们一般的信徒均被告知 基督的使徒 |
[11:10] | are interred there, and so we make pilgrimage. | 圣詹姆斯的遗骸就被埋葬在那里 朝圣之行由此而来 |
[11:15] | This is what your son Daniel was doing. | 这就是你的儿子丹尼尔在做的事 |
[11:18] | Why was he alone? | 为什么他只有一个人? |
[11:20] | Many people choose to make the trek alone. | 很多人喜欢一个人徒步 |
[11:23] | The Way is a very personal journey, Mr. Avery. | 朝圣之旅是一次非常私密的旅程 爱维先生 |
[11:31] | This is the shell, | 这个贝壳 |
[11:33] | the symbol of the pilgrim making the journey. | 是朝圣者启程的标志 |
[11:38] | And this, | 还有这个 |
[11:40] | this is Daniel’s passport for the Camino. | 这是丹尼尔在卡米诺的护照 |
[11:44] | It is to be officially stamped | 这是丹尼尔在卡米诺的护照 |
[11:46] | at every important stop along the route through Spain. | 每一个紧要驿站的官方印章所用 |
[11:51] | And the first stamp is here in Saint-Jean. | 第一个章就是在这 圣让盖的 |
[11:56] | WOBuen camino. | 一路顺风 |
[11:57] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[12:01] | When you arrive at the end, | 抵达终点的时候 |
[12:04] | the passport should look like this. | 护照就会是这个样子 |
[12:14] | I have walked the Camino to the Atlantic Ocean three times, | 我从卡米诺到大西洋 走了三次 |
[12:19] | there and back. | 去而复返 |
[12:20] | I will do it once more on my 70th birthday, | 如果老天慈悲 准许我活到七十 |
[12:24] | God willing, of course. | 生日那天我还会再走一遍 |
[12:31] | Daniel was my only child. | 丹尼儿是我的独生子 |
[12:34] | We can also offer cremation | 我们可以安排火葬 |
[12:36] | if that is a more suitable way | 这样或许是将遗体带回家 |
[12:38] | for you to transport the remains back home. | 更为妥当的办法 |
[12:58] | I’m sorry. I don’t speak French. | 不好意思 我不会说法语 |
[12:59] | Oh. Do you mind if I sit here? | 噢 介意我坐这吗? |
[13:01] | Because there’s no other seats available. | 其它地方都满了 |
[13:04] | Hi. I’m Joost. I’m from Amsterdam. | 你好 我叫约斯特 来自阿姆斯特丹 |
[13:06] | – Tom. – Hey, Tom. | -汤姆 -你好 汤姆 |
[13:10] | I saw you on the… on the train. | 今天早上我在火车上见过你 |
[13:12] | Uh, this morning. We came from Paris. | 巴黎是始发站 |
[13:14] | We were on the… on the same train. | 我们在同一班列车上 |
[13:18] | You’re not a pilgrim, are you? | 你不是朝圣者 对吗? |
[13:22] | A pilgrim. | 朝圣者? |
[13:23] | Uh, a trekker, a peregrino, eh? | 漫游人? 孤胆游侠? |
[13:25] | You’re not here to walk the, uh, Santiago de Compostela? | 你不是来这走 圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉的吧? |
[13:28] | – No. I’m here on family business. – Ah. | -不是 我来处理家事 -噢 |
[13:32] | Well, it’s not for everyone, you know. | 这条路不是人人能走的 |
[13:34] | In fact, um, somebody died on the Camino this week | 知道吗 这个星期有人 在卡米诺死了 |
[13:38] | only one day into the trek. | 上路刚满一天 |
[13:40] | Yeah, it’s such a tragedy. | 真是个悲剧 |
[13:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:45] | But it’s no mystery why I’m doing this trek. | 不过我踏上这条征程的原因 是显而易见的 |
[13:46] | Do you see this gut? | 瞧瞧我肚子上这一坨 |
[13:48] | My older brother’s getting married in Rotterdam in December, | 我大哥十二月在鹿特丹结婚 |
[13:52] | and, uh, I want to fit into my old suit. | 我想要挤进我那件老西服 |
[13:54] | You could just buy a new suit. | 你可以买套新的 |
[13:57] | No, but it’s the third time that he’s getting married. | 不行 这都是他第三次结婚了 |
[13:58] | Well, but wedding or not, | 而且无论如何 |
[14:00] | I mean, uh, a bit leaner, a bit lighter | 我都该减肥了 |
[14:02] | would make my doctor… and my wife, | 稍微哄哄我的老婆和医生 |
[14:06] | uh, a bit happier, no. | 让他们开心一点 哦 |
[14:09] | Ah! Merci beaucoup. | 啊! 谢谢 |
[14:12] | Uh… | 劳驾 |
[14:22] | It’s for energy. | 这是为了提供能量 |
[15:16] | Listen. | 听着 |
[15:19] | My doctorate… | 我的博士学位 |
[15:22] | I’m not gonna finish it. | 我不打算完成了 |
[15:24] | You mean this year. | 你是说今年? |
[15:25] | I mean ever. | 永远 |
[15:28] | Margaret Mead didn’t become a great cultural anthropologist | 玛格丽特·米德可不是窝在大学里 |
[15:32] | by staying in school. | 就变成伟大的人文研究科学家的 |
[15:35] | And when was the last time you traveled abroad? | 你上次出国旅行 是什么时候? |
[15:38] | And I’m not talking about for business. | 不算出差 |
[15:40] | I mean before Mom got sick. | 在妈卧病之前 |
[15:44] | Nepal, Morocco, India, Papua New Guinea, Europe. | 尼泊尔 摩洛哥 印度 巴布亚新几内亚 欧洲 |
[15:49] | I gotta go to these places. | 我要去这些地方看上一看 |
[15:50] | I…I gotta go. I gotta go. | 一定要去 |
[16:05] | Captain. | 探长 |
[16:07] | Mr. Avery. | 爱维先生 |
[16:08] | I want to cremate the body. | 我想举行火葬 |
[17:06] | Capitaine, monsieur, | 探长 先生 |
[17:10] | bonne nuit. | 晚安 |
[17:14] | I’m gonna walk the Camino de Santiago. | 我要走朝圣之路 |
[17:21] | Mr. Avery, if you pardon me, please, | 原谅我的直言 艾弗里先生 |
[17:23] | you’re not prepared to go on this trek. | 你完全没有做好相应的准备 |
[17:24] | You have no equipment or… | 你既无装备也无 |
[17:26] | I’ve got Danny’s backpack and all his stuff. | 我有丹尼尔的背包 和他所有的装备 |
[17:28] | But you haven’t trained for this walk. | 可你没有接受过培训 |
[17:30] | And no disrespect. You’re more than 60 years old. | 没有冒犯您的意思 但你已经六十多岁了 |
[17:33] | So it’ll take me a bit longer than most. | 那又如何 大不了我花更多的时间罢了 |
[17:36] | You’ll be lucky if you finish in two months. | 幸运的话你要两个月 来完成旅程 |
[17:38] | Then I better get started. | 既然如此 我更该早早启程 |
[17:41] | We’re leaving in the morning. | 我们一早就出发 |
[17:45] | “We”? | “我们”? |
[17:48] | Both of us. | 我和他 |
[18:26] | Okay. | 好了 |
[18:28] | Here we go. | 我们出发 |
[18:51] | Came to give me another pep talk, captain? | 你再给我打气吗 探长? |
[18:55] | I came to wish you buen camino, Mr. Avery, | 我是来祝福你一路平安的 爱维先生 |
[18:58] | and to give you this. | 这个给你 |
[19:02] | – Is this a good-luck charm? – Something like that. | -护身符吗? -差不多 |
[19:06] | You’ll know what to do with it when you get there. | 到那里的时候 你就知道它的用途了 |
[19:09] | Get where? | 到哪里? |
[19:10] | Cruz de Ferro. It’s on the Camino. | 库兹德法瑞 在卡米诺 |
[19:11] | You’ll be there a month from now. | 一个月后你会到达那里 |
[19:13] | You can read about it in the guide. | 你可以在旅游指南里了解它 |
[19:16] | It’s a place of much significance. | 那是一个非常特别的地方 |
[19:20] | Monsieur Avery, do you know why you’re walking the Way? | 爱维先生 你知道自己为什么 要走朝圣之旅吗? |
[19:24] | I suppose I’m doing it for Daniel. | 我想是为了丹尼尔吧 |
[19:28] | You walk the Way for yourself, only for yourself. | 你是为了自己而走的 仅此而已 |
[19:30] | Well, then I guess I don’t have a clue, Captain. | 这样的话我想我无言以对了 |
[19:33] | Monsieur Avery… | 爱维先生 |
[19:36] | I have also lost a child. | 我也失去了一个孩子 |
[19:40] | I wish you a buen camino. | 祝你一路顺风 |
[19:42] | Enjoy your pilgrimage, both of you. | 享受你的朝圣之旅 你们俩都是 |
[19:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:50] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[19:53] | This is the way. | 应该走这边 |
[23:48] | Enough. Shh. | 轻点声 |
[23:50] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[23:51] | – Are you American? – Yes. | -你是美国人? -是的 |
[23:53] | Americans are always late. | 美国人向来这么晚 |
[23:56] | Well…You speak English. | 你会英语 |
[23:58] | – So do you. – Huh. | -你也会啊 -呼 |
[24:01] | It’s my first time in Spain. | 这是我第一次来西班牙 |
[24:03] | You’re not only in Spain. You’re in the Basque country. | 你不仅仅是在西班牙 你是在巴斯克地区 |
[24:06] | We are in Navarre. | 我们是在纳瓦拉 |
[24:08] | Well, is there a room in the Basque country in Navarre? | 好吧 在巴斯克地区的纳瓦拉 还有房间吗? |
[24:12] | A room? You mean a bed. | 房间? 你是说床位吧? |
[24:14] | A bed, a room, it’s all the same. | 床也好 房间也好 都行 |
[24:16] | I’m very tired. | 我太累了 |
[24:17] | 15 euros for a bed and food, | 食宿15欧 |
[24:19] | but it’s late, so no food, | 但现在太晚了 没有吃的 |
[24:21] | – no more cooking. – Ah. | -不开火了 -额 |
[24:23] | No food, but still 15 euros? | 没东西吃也得15欧吗? |
[24:25] | – Yes. – Okay. | -是的 -好的 |
[24:29] | Shoes here. | 鞋放在这 |
[24:31] | Bathroom there. | 厕所 |
[24:35] | You’re here. | 你睡这 |
[24:39] | Welcome to Roncesvalles. Buenas noches. | 欢迎来到容切斯瓦 晚安 |
[25:45] | Pardon me, sir. Do you have any Grey Poupon? | 请问 先生 你有芥末酱吗? |
[25:50] | I followed the same route as you to a point, | 在休息点前我和你走的线路一样 |
[25:53] | Um, but then I detoured at Vall Carlos, | 然后我在万卡路斯迂回而行 |
[25:55] | and that’s why I got here a couple of hours before you. | 这就是我比你早几个小时 到这里的原因 |
[25:57] | My guidebook didn’t say anything about any detours. | 我的指南上没提什么绕道 |
[26:00] | Yeah, but that’s because you haven’t got the Dutch guidebook. | 是的 那是因为你那本 不是荷兰版本的 |
[26:01] | -The Dutch guidebook? – Yep. | -荷兰版的旅游指南? -是的 |
[26:04] | You know, because we Dutch, we’re always | 因为我们荷兰人 就爱找捷径 |
[26:06] | trying to find the quickest way to get to the next party. | 用最快的速度抵达下一个目的地 |
[26:08] | Heh. Because you know what they say. | 你知道他们是怎么说的 |
[26:11] | If it ain’t Dutch, it ain’t much. | “不是荷兰人 不会懂得多” |
[26:14] | Did the old woman feed you? | 那个老女人给你吃的没? |
[26:16] | – No. – Well, you’re lucky. | -没有 -你算幸运的 |
[26:17] | The meal was as grim as the beds. | 肉硬得象路基石 |
[26:20] | Here. Have this. | 吃这个吧 |
[26:21] | – No. I can’t take your food. – Yeah, you can. | -不行 我不能吃你的东西 -吃吧 |
[26:24] | – All right. Thanks. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[26:33] | Pamplona in a couple of days. | 还有几天就到潘普洛纳了 |
[26:35] | Hemingway, running of the bulls, all that. | 海明威 斗牛 所有这一切 |
[26:38] | I think I might stay there for a couple… | 我想我要在这里呆上 |
[26:39] | iPeregrinos! No drugs here. | 行者们! 这里禁止毒品! |
[26:41] | I know what I smell. | 我的鼻子灵得很 |
[26:43] | I will call the Guardia Civil. | 我会打电话给民防队的! |
[26:44] | – Ja. Ja. – I will call the police! | -好了 -我会打给警察的! |
[26:46] | – Ja. – So… | -好吧 -好吧! |
[26:48] | – Ja, ja. – Ja. | -好了好了 -好吧! |
[26:52] | What does she mean, drugs? | 她说什么 毒品? |
[26:53] | Oh, nothing. | 没什么大不了的 |
[26:57] | Well, well, nothing by Dutch standards. | 好吧 起码在荷兰没什么大不了的 |
[27:00] | Just a little tobacco booster, yeah, | 需要一点烟草助兴 |
[27:03] | to help us sleep. | 我才睡得着 |
[27:04] | Hmm. | 呼 |
[27:06] | – You want some, too? – No. Thank you. | -来点儿吗 汤姆? -不 谢谢 |
[27:08] | Sure? | 你确定? |
[27:10] | I’m sure. | 确定一定以及肯定 |
[27:12] | Here. | 看这儿 |
[27:14] | I also have these options. | 种类齐全 供君挑选 |
[27:18] | Ambien, earplugs. | 安眠药 耳塞 |
[27:57] | I know you got a thing for Dutchmen, Señora. | 我知道你一直 对荷兰男人心存绮梦 夫人 |
[28:10] | Have you ever walked the Camino, Señora? | 你走过朝圣之路吗 夫人? |
[28:12] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[28:13] | When I was young, I was too busy, | 年轻的时候我太忙了 |
[28:16] | and now that I’m older, | 而现在的我又太老了 |
[28:19] | I’m too tired. | 太累了走不动 |
[28:28] | Buen camino. | 一路平安 |
[28:34] | Hey, Tom, we should get a coffee here before we go, | 汤姆 我们出发前应该来点咖啡 |
[28:37] | just to, uh…to get our motor running, no? | 增加活力 怎么样? |
[28:43] | Yeah, we’ll…we’ll have a quick coffee. | 好吧 速战速决 |
[29:16] | Ah, look, a cheese maker, Tom. | 哦 瞧! 汤姆 一家奶酪店 |
[29:18] | Ho ho ho. Fresh… fresh goat cheese, my man. | 新鲜的山羊奶酪 伙计 |
[29:23] | Come on, Tom. You haven’t lived | 来吧 汤姆 |
[29:25] | until you have goat cheese from these mountains. | 没有尝过这山里的山羊奶酪你就白活了 |
[29:43] | Are you gonna make it, fat man? | 走得动吗 胖子? |
[29:46] | Don’t you worry about me, old man. | 别惦念我 老家伙 |
[30:43] | Hey, Tom. | 嗨 汤姆 |
[30:44] | When we met in Saint-Jean, | 我们在圣·让碰面的时候 |
[30:46] | you…you said nothing about going on pilgrimage. | 你没提过朝圣之行 |
[30:49] | I wasn’t going on pilgrimage. | 我的目的不是朝圣 |
[30:53] | Yet here we are. | 可此时我们 都走在同一条路上 |
[30:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:59] | Y-You said you were on family business. | 你说你是为了家事? |
[31:01] | I am. | 没错 |
[31:07] | But you…you have all the equipment | 而你到圣地亚哥的装备 |
[31:09] | for the, uh… for the walk to Santiago. | 一应俱全 |
[31:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[31:15] | Tom, that…that box with the ashes… | 汤姆 盒子里的那些灰 |
[31:18] | My son. | 是我儿子 |
[31:39] | I’m done for the day, Joost. | 我不走了 约斯特 |
[31:41] | I’m staying here tonight. | 今晚就在这儿住下了 |
[31:42] | – Here? ln this village? – Yeah. | -这里? 这个村子吗? -是的 |
[31:44] | But Pamplona’s a stone throw away. | 但是再走两步就到潘普洛纳了呀 |
[31:46] | My feet are killing me. I gotta get out of these shoes. | 我的脚痛的不行了 得脱掉这鞋子好好歇会 |
[31:48] | I’m sorry, but not me, man. | 很抱歉 但我的脚没事 |
[31:50] | – Pamplona beckons. – Okay. | -潘普洛纳向你致意! -好的 |
[31:55] | It’s been a pleasure, Tom. | 我的荣幸 汤姆 |
[32:01] | Hey, uh, buen camino. | 嗨 一路顺风 |
[32:32] | I don’t speak Spanish. | 我不会说西班牙语 |
[32:33] | We were expecting you. | 我们正等着你呢 |
[32:35] | Expecting me? | 等我? |
[32:36] | – You’re a pilgrim, Sí? – Yes. | -你是朝圣者 是吗? -是的 |
[32:40] | We’re always expecting pilgrims. | 我们一直都在等朝圣者 |
[32:41] | Come. We have plenty of beds, and your food is still warm. | 来吧 我们这还有很多床铺 你还能吃上热乎乎的饭 |
[32:45] | Hey, the Americans are here. | 你好 美国人都在这! |
[32:48] | Bueno, bueno, bueno. | 好 好 好! |
[32:51] | Vamos. Come on. | 来 大家一起 过来 |
[32:59] | The truth of the matter is confusing. | 事情的真相让人迷惑 |
[33:02] | No. Charlemagne had other ideas, to extend his empire. | 查理曼有更好的点子 |
[33:07] | He crossed the Pyrenees, | 来延续他的帝国 |
[33:09] | but nothing worked out as he intended. | 他穿过比利牛斯山 但是事非所愿 |
[33:11] | This is Spain. | 这可是西班牙! |
[33:13] | This is Basque Spain. | 这可是西班牙的巴斯克! |
[33:15] | He tortured the Basques of Pamplona | 他对潘普洛纳的巴斯克人严刑拷打 |
[33:18] | and allowed his men to have | 允许他的武士对 |
[33:20] | a little too much rest and relaxation with our women. | 我们的女人为所欲为 纵情享乐 |
[33:23] | When the Basque shepherds who lived around here | 巴斯克人以牧羊为生 |
[33:26] | heard what happened in Pamplona, | 世世代代栖居于此 |
[33:28] | they slipped into the woods. | 尽管他们溜到丛林里 但听说了在潘普洛纳发生的事后 |
[33:30] | Then we, we Basques, killed them. | 我们巴斯克人去把他们给统统宰了 |
[33:33] | Sorry, monsieur, but based on what I have read here, | 不好意思 先生 但是这本书里说的可不一样 |
[33:37] | that is complete crap, d’accord? | 你说的全是胡扯 没错吧? |
[33:40] | Ah, you won’t find much truth in this book. | 书里没有多少是真的 |
[33:43] | Charlemagne, Ro-land… | 查理曼 应该读罗兰德 |
[33:45] | not Rrroland, Roland… | 不是”罗兰” |
[33:47] | this is part of French history, okay, no, not Basque. | 这是法国历史的一部分 别瞎说 |
[33:50] | The French? | 法国人? |
[33:52] | The French don’t want to admit that the death of Roland | 法国人不想承认 罗兰德的死 |
[33:55] | was because of Charlemagne’s un-Christian intentions. | 是源于查理曼的非信徒行径 |
[33:59] | Come on. Allez. | 够了 阿勒兹! |
[34:02] | W-Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[34:04] | – Night. – Wait a minute. Señor. | -晚安 -等等 先生 |
[34:06] | Señor, I thought it was the Arabs that killed Roland. | 我以为是阿拉伯人 杀死罗兰德的 |
[34:35] | One of the guys said you’re Canadian. | 有人说你是加拿大的 |
[34:37] | Don’t spread it around, eh? | 别到处说 知道吗? |
[34:44] | So how’s it going for you out there on the road, Boomer? | 路上都有啥新鲜事 潮人? |
[34:46] | I’m Tom. | 我叫汤姆 |
[34:48] | You know, as in baby boomer. | 你知道的 就像”婴儿潮” |
[34:51] | You got all those horrible signs | 所有可怕的预兆全 |
[34:52] | of that desperate generation taking its final breath, | 降临在那代绝望的 苟延残喘的人身上 |
[34:54] | trying to screw the rest of us over one last time. | 想最后一次毁掉 剩余的我们 |
[34:57] | Only thing missing from you, Boomer, | 潮人 |
[34:59] | is one of those stupid-looking ponytails | 你再加个傻呼呼的马尾辫子 |
[35:01] | and a collection of James Taylor songs on your iPod. | 和iPod里詹姆斯·泰勒的全集 就齐活了 |
[35:03] | I like James Taylor, | 我喜欢詹姆斯·泰勒 |
[35:05] | but I don’t have an iPod. | 但是我没有iPod |
[35:07] | Well, that’s pretty amazing. | 是吗 真是出人意料 |
[35:09] | What, no iPod? | 没有iPod |
[35:10] | No cell phone or computer to keep you connected? | 没有手机 也无法通过电脑联系你? |
[35:13] | Isn’t it written somewhere in the baby boomer code book | 婴儿潮大全里不是说 |
[35:15] | that you must own a certain percentage | 你怎么着都得拥有史蒂夫·乔布斯 |
[35:17] | of anything Steve Jobs makes? | 发明的东西中的一种吗? |
[35:22] | So, what is it, on pilgrimage to change your life? | 你为何朝圣? 寄希望于可以改变生活? |
[35:25] | Something like that. | 有点那个意思 |
[35:27] | Wait. Don’t tell me. Just getting over a nasty divorce, | 等等 别告诉我 刚结束一段不愉快的婚姻 |
[35:29] | and she took it all. | 前妻夺走了一切? |
[35:31] | Or maybe you’re out to meet some young chicks | 还是你只身出来 和年轻的小妞幽会 |
[35:33] | and relive your college glory days. | 重享过去的大学生活 |
[35:35] | Believe me, l’ve seen plenty of that nonsense. | 相信我 我听过很多 那些鬼话 |
[35:39] | Oh, I got it. | 噢 我知道了 |
[35:41] | You’re seeking penance for screwing over your company retirees | 你是为了自己在股市中殃及旁人的暗箱操作 |
[35:44] | in some stock market scandal. | 而修苦行 |
[35:46] | You sound really angry. | 你听起来愤世忌俗 |
[35:48] | Yeah, sure. I’m angry. | 的确如此 |
[35:51] | I gotta quit these. | 我要戒烟 |
[35:54] | And I’m really, really angry about that. | 对此我非常愤怒 |
[35:57] | And when we get to Santiago de Compostela, | 等我们到达 圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉 |
[36:00] | it’s all over for you, my little friend. | 你的使命就结束了 我的小个朋友 |
[36:02] | You’re a goner. | 你便成为过去时了 |
[36:05] | The end of the Camino is the end of my addiction. | 卡米诺之行的尽头 就是我戒烟瘾之时 |
[36:08] | Spoken like a true addict. | 你听起来十足像个瘾君子 |
[36:10] | Spoken like someone who took 10 days to get this far. | 我听起来十足像个 用十天走了这点路的人 |
[36:14] | Well, at that pace, | 按这种走法 |
[36:15] | you should get to Santiago by the end of the year. | 今年年底你 才能走到圣地亚哥 |
[36:18] | He’s onto our plan. | 他对我们的计划一清二楚 |
[36:22] | But, you know… | 但你知道 |
[37:25] | I wanted to be a bullfighter. | 我自己想做一名斗牛士 |
[37:27] | My father wanted me to be a lawyer. | 而我父亲希望我成为律师 我现在两者皆不是 |
[37:34] | Coffee is in the common area. | 咖啡在公用区 |
[37:54] | Bonjour, americano. | 你好 美国人 |
[38:07] | Thought you might be staying at least a few more days here, eh? | 我还以为你至少得在 这里住上几天呢 |
[38:11] | Funny. These European guys are starting to get a little familiar. | 真滑稽 这些欧洲人开始自来熟了 |
[38:14] | I want to get out of here while they’re still sleeping off their hangover. | 我得在他们还没有从宿醉中 清醒时离开这里 |
[38:18] | Besides, I got all the friends I need. | 而且我要结交的朋友都已交到 |
[38:20] | Don’t want any tag-alongs, so… | 不需要护花使者了 所以 |
[38:22] | Well, be safe out there. | 好吧 路上注意安全 |
[38:25] | You, too, Boomer. | 你也是 潮人 |
[38:27] | – Good luck with the quitting. – Yeah. | -祝你戒烟顺利 -好的 |
[38:31] | Good luck with whatever it is you’re doing out here. | 也祝你一帆风顺 不管你的目的为何 |
[38:34] | Oh. I do have a cell phone. | 对了 我其实有手机 |
[38:37] | Yeah, well, me, too. | 是吧 我也有 |
[38:43] | And an iPod. | 还有一个iPod |
[38:45] | Sorry for being such an ass last night. | 抱歉昨晚我像个混蛋一样 |
[38:48] | I-I’m out here to get away from everything, and you just, uh… | 我来这是为了逃离现实 你却 |
[38:51] | Reminded you of it. Yeah, I get it. | 一语点破了你的处境 我知道了 |
[39:00] | Well… | 好吧 |
[39:02] | You’re all right, Boomer, | 你人很不错 潮人 |
[39:05] | even if you do like James Taylor. | 即便你喜欢詹姆斯·泰勒 |
[39:45] | I’m gonna need you to cancel | 多利 我想让你帮我取消 |
[39:47] | all my appointments for the rest of the month, Doreen. | 这个月的所有预约 |
[40:53] | Oh, no! | 噢 不是吧! |
[42:42] | – Buen camino. – Buenos dias. | 一路平安 |
[43:23] | Tom! | 汤姆! |
[43:26] | Tom, it’s me! | 汤姆 是我! |
[43:28] | Tom, it’s…it’s Joost from Amsterdam! | 汤姆 是约斯特 来自阿姆斯特丹! |
[43:33] | It’s cordero. | 这是科尔德罗 |
[43:34] | Spain is famous for its roast lamb. | 西班牙最有名的烤肉 |
[43:37] | Here. You should try some. | 来 你应该试试 |
[43:39] | No. Thank you. | 不用 谢谢 |
[43:41] | Much to my dismay, | 真不给面子 |
[43:42] | Pamplona is just an ordinary Spanish city | 在斗牛还没有盛行以前 |
[43:44] | when the bulls are not running. | 潘普洛纳只是一个普通的西班牙小镇 |
[43:45] | So much for being a party town. | 现在已经人满为患了 |
[43:48] | But I made reservations to return here in July | 不过我已经为七月回到这里预定了房间 |
[43:51] | during their week of fiestas, | 就在节日期间 |
[43:53] | uh, the Sanfermines. | 圣费尔明节(奔牛节) |
[43:56] | I would like to propose a toast, | 让我来祝酒 |
[43:58] | ’cause we Dutch love to propose toasts. | 我们荷兰人爱死祝酒了 |
[44:01] | That we agree to meet here in July | 我们相约七月再会于此 |
[44:04] | and run with the bulls, like real men. | 跟公牛一起赛跑 像真正的男人一样 |
[44:07] | Like real crazy men. | 像个真正的疯子 |
[44:08] | Well, I’m gonna come back. | 好吧 反正我会回来的 |
[44:12] | Wine shots, huh? | 喝太急了? |
[44:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[44:16] | What are your plans? | 你有什么计划? |
[44:18] | To move through Pamplona quickly. | 尽快穿过潘普洛纳 |
[44:20] | As long as I’m sitting here, | 不过既然我坐在这里了 |
[44:22] | I might just order some tapas. Señor. | 我想来点塔帕斯(意为餐前小吃) |
[44:24] | Th-They’re called pinchos. | -先生 -它们叫做皮特斯 |
[44:26] | I beg your pardon, Joost. | 不好意思 约斯特 |
[44:28] | In Pamplona, they’re called tapas. | 在潘普洛纳 他们管它叫塔帕斯 |
[44:30] | See, here in Pamplona, it’s tapas. I just read that. | 叫”塔帕斯” 我刚读到的 |
[44:32] | You see, unlike the Dutch guidebook, | 看到没 和荷兰的旅游指南不同 |
[44:35] | which may be directing you to the nearest party, | 荷兰指南可能会介绍你前往 最近的聚会 |
[44:38] | the American guidebook is designed so that you | 美国版旅游指南的终旨是让你 尽可能的体面些 |
[44:40] | don’t look like a clown if you order pinchos | 防止你出类似的糗 |
[44:42] | when you really mean tapas. | 你叫”皮特斯”的时候其实你想要塔帕斯 |
[44:43] | Señor | 先生? |
[44:45] | No, Tom… | 汤姆 |
[44:48] | Señor, Algo más? | 先生 你好吗 |
[44:49] | Uh, tapas, por favor. | 各种口味的塔帕斯 |
[44:51] | Tapas. Aquíno, no hay tapas. | 塔帕斯? 阿基诺没有”塔帕斯” |
[44:53] | No tapas? | 没有? |
[44:54] | No, no, no. Tapas es más de Madrid, del sur, eh? | 没有 那是是南部马德里的叫法 |
[45:46] | Well, look, | 哦 瞧 |
[45:47] | it’s Tom Quixote and Sancho Panza. | 是唐吉诃德和桑丘·潘萨 |
[45:50] | And that would make you Dulcinea. | 那你岂不是杜尔西内亚? |
[45:52] | Buen camino, fellow pilgrim. | 卡米诺祝福你 朝圣小子 |
[45:54] | Hey, buen camino. My name is Joost. I’m from Amsterdam. | 卡米诺祝福你 我叫约斯特 我来自阿姆斯特丹 |
[45:57] | Dutch, huh? Got any drugs? | 荷兰的 身上有毒品啥的吗? |
[45:59] | Oh ho ho. I love this girl. | 噢 我爱死这个妞了 |
[46:01] | Wears off quick, I promise. | 她很快就原型毕露了 我保证 |
[46:03] | You know each other? | 你们之前认识吗? |
[46:05] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[46:07] | What are you looking to score? | 你想要什么? |
[46:08] | Oh, something for sleep. | 助我入眠的东西 |
[46:09] | I’ve had trouble sleeping for the past… I don’t know, couple of years. | 我之前一直被失眠困扰 我也不明白 好几年了 |
[46:13] | You folks mind doing this drug deal while we walk? | 你们介意边走边交易吗? |
[46:15] | I got some Ambien. | 我有一些安眠药 |
[46:16] | Or something stronger if that’s your pleasure. | 还有些更猛的家伙 如果那是你想要的 |
[46:19] | Ha. I love this guy. | 我太爱你了! |
[46:21] | It wears off quick, I promise. | 原型毕露了吧 |
[46:23] | – Come. Come with us. – Oh. | -来吧 跟我们一起走 -噢 |
[46:26] | Tom, wait! | 汤姆 等等 |
[46:38] | I tried to quit once, | 我曾经想戒烟 |
[46:40] | but then I thought why? | 但是回头想想”为什么呢? “ |
[46:42] | My grandmother, she drank, and she smoked her entire life, | 我的祖母 她一辈子没有 停止过酗酒 抽烟 |
[46:46] | and she lived to be 103 years old. | 也活到了103岁 |
[46:48] | Now, what does that tell you? | 这说明什么? |
[46:50] | Tells me that everyone that’s trying to quit something | 这告诉我所有 努力想停止什么的人 |
[46:52] | always has an ancient relative they use | 总要把一个年老的亲戚 |
[46:53] | as an example of why not to quit. | 挂在嘴边做借口 |
[46:55] | I suppose that makes me a cliché, then. | 这么说我老套了 |
[46:57] | You said it. | 那是你说的 |
[46:58] | But I’m not the one trying to quit anything. | 但我不是那个 想停止什么的人 |
[47:02] | Yeah, well, we keep walking at this pace, | 好吧 我们保持这样的行走速度 |
[47:05] | quitting isn’t gonna be the problem. | 就用不着中途退出了 |
[47:07] | Surviving will be. | 而是胜利在望 |
[47:11] | Doesn’t this guy ever stop to smell the flowers? | 这个家伙从没有停下来 闻闻花香什么的吗? |
[47:19] | This isn’t a race. | 这不是比赛 |
[47:21] | No, it isn’t. | 当然不是 |
[47:22] | Then why does it piss me off so much | 那我为什么要累得半死呢 |
[47:23] | that I haven’t seen him stop to take a break? | 我从来没有看到他 停下来休息过 |
[47:25] | I mean, why does something that should be inspirational | 为什么所有这些本来应该是 让人鼓舞的行为 |
[47:27] | make me so… angry? | 却让我如此生气? |
[47:30] | Totally irrational. | 完全没有道理 |
[47:33] | Same could be said for this entire journey. | 这段旅途可能 都会这样 |
[47:35] | Wonder how old he is. | 他究竟有多老 |
[47:37] | Older than us. | 反正比我们老 |
[48:02] | Hey, Tom! | 嗨 汤姆! |
[48:03] | You think I will look like this by the time I get to Santiago? | 你觉得我到达圣地亚哥的时候 还会这副样子吗? |
[48:07] | Yeah, sure, Joost. | 当然 约斯特 |
[48:09] | Just keep eating that cordero. | 你只要一直吃那种科尔德罗 包胖 |
[48:11] | Nothing like a few pounds of lamb to help shed the excess weight. | 不可能像羊褪毛一样 一下少了好几磅 |
[48:15] | But it’s part of the Camino experience, no? | 但这是卡米诺经历 的一部分 不是吗? |
[48:17] | I mean, you can’t come to Spain without having their roast lamb. | 但这是卡米诺经历 的一部分 不是吗? |
[48:26] | “Donde se…” | “风吹拂过的小路” |
[48:28] | “Where the path of the wind crosses that of the stars.” | “上繁星点点” |
[48:32] | what do you think the waist is on this guy? | 你觉得这个家伙的腰围是多少? |
[48:34] | 32? 32? | |
[48:36] | More like a 25 or 26. | 25或者26? |
[48:39] | Well, a man can dream. | 男人有权做做美梦 |
[48:47] | What, you can do this on a bike? | 什么? 居然可以骑车上来? |
[48:50] | Why the hell are we walking? | 那我们步行干嘛? |
[48:54] | Ah, that’s ridiculous, man. | 天 那太荒谬了 |
[49:06] | Just try it, man. It’s superstrong. | 试试这个 劲儿可足了 |
[49:08] | I brought it from Amsterdam. It’s really good. | 我在阿姆斯特丹买的 绝对好货 |
[49:10] | Y-You do smoke, no? | 你抽烟的 对吧? |
[49:16] | Yeah? Do you like it? | 嘿 你喜欢这旅行吧? |
[49:18] | These are the… | 这个 |
[49:23] | H-Hey. I’m Frank, New York. | 我是费兰克 来自纽约 |
[49:26] | Tom, California. | 汤姆 加利福尼亚 |
[49:28] | Nice to meet you, Rabbi. | 很高兴认识你 法师 (犹太教) |
[49:30] | Oh, actually I’m a priest. | 噢 实际上我是牧师 |
[49:32] | You can understand my confusion. | 你把我弄糊涂了 |
[49:34] | Yeah, a lot of people make that mistake. | 是的 很多人都犯同样的错误 |
[49:37] | Brain cancer. | 脑癌 |
[49:38] | Surgery left me with a terrible scar. | 手术后留下 一个很大的疤痕 |
[49:41] | I wear this yarmulke to cover it up. | 戴着这顶犹太小帽可以盖住它 |
[49:44] | They didn’t get it all, you know, cancer. | 它们并没有完全消失 你知道吗? |
[49:47] | Said it’ll probably come back. | 癌细胞据说可能会复发 |
[49:51] | Who knows about these kind of things? | 这种事情 |
[49:53] | Only God. | 只有上帝才说得清 |
[49:54] | Anyway, they say that miracles | 他们说卡米诺圣地亚哥 |
[49:57] | happen out here on the Camino de Santiago. | 是创造奇迹之地 |
[50:00] | You believe in miracles, Father? | 你相信奇迹吗 神父? |
[50:02] | I’m a priest. It’s kind of my job. | 我是牧师 这是我的工作 |
[50:06] | – You a Catholic? – I don’t practice anymore. | -你是天主教徒? -我很久没有祈祷了 |
[50:10] | You know, mass at Christmas, Easter. That’s about it. | 乱糟糟的圣诞节和复活节 就这些花头 |
[50:13] | Here. Take this. | 拿去吧 |
[50:14] | No, I can’t take your rosary, Father. | 不 我不能拿你的念珠 神父 |
[50:16] | No, please, take it. | 不 收下吧 |
[50:18] | Lot of lapsed Catholics out here on the Camino, kid. | 卡米诺路上有很多 堕落的天主教徒 孩子 |
[50:22] | Besides… | 而且 |
[50:25] | Oh. Well, thank you. | 噢 好吧 谢谢你 |
[52:28] | Fore! | 小心! |
[52:32] | Oh, my goodness. Oh, my goodness. Oh! | 噢 上帝啊! |
[52:36] | I’m sorry! Sorry! | 抱歉! |
[52:38] | I didn’t, uh… I didn’t mean that. | 我不是故意那样做的! |
[52:41] | Threw that…oh. Oh, my God. | 噢 我的天! |
[52:44] | I thought I was out here all alone. | 我还以为这里只有我一个人呢 |
[52:47] | You thought wrong. | 我还以为这里只有我一个人呢 |
[52:48] | Oh, yes. | 是的 |
[52:49] | Hello. I’m Jack from Ireland. | 你好! 我是杰克 来自爱尔兰 |
[52:52] | I’m Jack from Ireland. | 爱尔兰的杰克 |
[52:54] | How long you been out here, Jack from Ireland? | 你来这里多久了? 爱尔兰的杰克 |
[52:57] | Jeez. Uhh. It’s hard to say. | 很难说 |
[52:59] | This spot, well, um, | 这里嘛 这个 |
[53:02] | it’s hard to say that, too. | 也不好说 |
[53:05] | But I think this place means something. | 但我觉得这个地方代表着什么 |
[53:07] | This place means… | “这个地方代表着什么”? |
[53:09] | This place is brimming with significance! | 这个地方 意义非凡 |
[53:10] | That’s the problem with this whole damn road. | 这就是这条该死的路的问题 |
[53:13] | – Problem? – Metaphor, man. | -问题? -是比喻 伙计! |
[53:14] | You’re out walking all alone, | 你在路上一直孤身行走 |
[53:16] | and suddenly in the middle of nowhere, | 突然不知道自己身在何处 |
[53:18] | you see a dogfight near a cheese farm. | 你看到奶酪农场附近的狗打架了吗 |
[53:20] | What does that dogfight mean? | 狗打架意味着什么? |
[53:22] | And despite its literalness, | 先别去管字面的意思 |
[53:24] | the idea of a pilgrim’s journey on this road is a metaphor bonanza. | 这条路上朝圣之旅这个点子 根本就是条财路! |
[53:29] | Friends, the road itself is amongst our oldest tropes. | 朋友 这条路本来就 在我们古老的比喻里面 |
[53:32] | The high road and the low, | 上面的路 下面的路 |
[53:34] | the long and winding, the lonesome, | 长路有风 |
[53:36] | the royal, the open road and the private. | 孤独之人 忠诚伴随 开放之路 弥留自我 |
[53:38] | You have the road to hell, the Tobacco Road, | 有通往地狱之路 这条烟草之路 |
[53:40] | the crooked, the straight and the narrow. | 扭曲的直径 还有 狭隘 |
[53:42] | There’s the road stretching into infinity, | 此路通往永恒 |
[53:45] | bordered with lacy mists favored by sentimental poets. | 以花边点缀的迷雾为界 赋予感性的诗歌 |
[53:48] | There’s the more dignified road of Mr. Frost, | 有更加高贵的 福斯特先生之路 |
[53:50] | and for Yanks, every four years, | 作为美国人 每四年 就有通往白宫之路 |
[53:52] | there’s the road to the White House. | 就有通往白宫之路 那是正确的路 |
[53:55] | Then you have the road which most concerns me today, | 然后就有了今天这条 让我倍感焦虑之路 |
[54:00] | the wrong road, | 错误之路 |
[54:02] | which I fear I must surely have taken. | 我想我早已踏上此路 |
[54:06] | Well, Jack, maybe a dogfight near a cheese farm | 杰克 也许奶酪农场 附近有狗打架 |
[54:09] | is simply a dogfight near a cheese farm. | 仅仅代表 奶酪农场附近的狗在打架罢了 |
[54:19] | That’s good. | 好吧! |
[54:20] | That is very good. | 很好 那很好 |
[54:25] | Maybe I should adopt a more conservative attitude | 也许我应该采纳 更加保守的态度 |
[54:28] | instead of trying to trickle meaning out of every curve in the road. | 而不是左右斟酌 一路上每条曲线的意义 |
[54:33] | Oh, Christ. | 上帝 |
[54:36] | I haven’t had an original thought in months. | 我已经有几个月 没有灵感了 |
[54:40] | Writer’s block. | 写作遇到瓶颈了 |
[54:43] | You know what that is? Any of you? | 你明白吗? 哪怕一点? |
[54:45] | Okay, so… | 所以 |
[54:47] | The reason I’m out here walking the Camino, | 写作瓶颈就是我 |
[54:49] | writer’s block. I figure the sooner | 来卡米诺徒步的原因 |
[54:50] | we get the small talk out of the way, the better. | 我发现在路上 废话说的越少越好 |
[54:53] | Great. | 太好了 |
[54:56] | Wait a second. Hmm. | 请等等 |
[54:58] | Mailbox full. | 留言已满 |
[55:00] | Ah. | 哈 |
[55:01] | You have 35 unheard messages. | 你有35条未读的信息 |
[55:03] | All from my editors, | 全都是我的编辑发的 |
[55:04] | who probably think I’m drinking again, | 那个认为我可能又喝醉了的家伙 |
[55:06] | which isn’t a bad idea. | 也许这也没什么不好 |
[55:09] | Ooh. Can l, uh, bum one of those, please? | 我可以来一根吗 拜托? |
[55:12] | Uh, uh, yes. | 当然 |
[55:14] | Sure, sure. | 没问题 |
[55:15] | Thanking you. | 谢谢 |
[55:18] | So, uh, what’s your book about, Jack? | 你的书写的是关于什么的 杰克? |
[55:24] | The Camino, of course. | 当然是卡米诺 |
[55:25] | Of course. | 毫无疑问 |
[55:26] | – What about all you? – What about all of us, what? | -你们大伙呢? -什么? |
[55:30] | Oh, why are you doing the Camino? | 你们为什么来卡米诺徒步 |
[55:31] | Must of the pilgrims l’ve polled say their walk to Santiago | 我走访的大部分朝圣者 说他们前往圣地亚哥 |
[55:34] | is for religious, cultural or historical reasons. | 原因是宗教 文化 或者是历史 |
[55:37] | – You’re taking a poll? – Ah, informally, | -你在进行问卷调查? -是的 非正式的 |
[55:39] | though I have been keeping track | 但是我一直记录沿途遇到 的朝圣者 |
[55:41] | of most of the pilgrims l’ve met along the way. | 截至目前 |
[55:45] | So far, less than 15 percent | 不到15%的人说他们是 |
[55:48] | say they were doing it for health. | 为了健康 |
[55:50] | Fewer than 5 percent say they’re out here looking for a miracle. | 5%左右的人说他们是 为了奇迹而来 |
[55:53] | Miracles are in short supply these days, Jack. | 最近奇迹供不应求 杰克 |
[55:56] | Well, if you don’t mind, l’d like to include you in my book. | 如果你不介意 我想让你参加我的问卷调查 |
[55:59] | I do mind. Very much so. | 我很介意 非常介意 |
[56:09] | Oh, uh… | 噢 |
[56:13] | Would it be all right if I walk with you for a bit? | 我能不能 跟你们走一段路? |
[56:19] | Well, l…l don’t know about them. | 我不清楚他们的想法 |
[56:22] | Uh, okay. | 噢 好吧 |
[56:23] | Yeah, but…but it’s okay… it’s cool with me, man. | 但我没问题 伙计 |
[56:26] | – Really? – Yeah, sure. | -真的? -是的 当然 |
[56:28] | I’m…I’m Joost. I’m from Amsterdam. | 我叫约斯特 来自阿姆斯特丹 |
[56:30] | Joost. Right. Hey. | 约斯特 好的 你好 |
[56:32] | I mean, l’m…I’m not here for God or miracles | 我是说 我来这里不是为了上帝 |
[56:35] | or any of that stuff. | 或者是奇迹这些 |
[56:37] | I’m…I’m just a fat Dutchman trying to, uh, lose a few pounds. | 我只是一个荷兰的胖子 来锻炼身体减几磅 |
[56:41] | So you’re doing it for health reasons? | 那你来这里是为了健康的原因? |
[56:44] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, you could… | 差不多吧 |
[56:45] | Yeah, you could more or less say that. | 能多少谈谈嘛? |
[56:47] | Well, um, would it be all right | 好 这没问题 |
[56:49] | if I put you under the category of doing it for health for my poll? | 那我可以把你归到我问卷里 “为了健康”那一类吗? |
[56:54] | Yeah, man, sure. Whatever. | -行啊伙计 你说了算 |
[56:56] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的? -是的 |
[56:57] | Joost. Dutch. | 约斯特 荷兰人 |
[57:00] | Health. | 为了健康 |
[57:01] | Ah. Thanks. | 啊 谢谢 |
[57:07] | Mmm. Would you like to try some of this? | 想不想试试这个? |
[57:10] | It’s, uh… it’s Turkish. | 这是土耳其货 |
[57:12] | I…I hear it’s good for writer’s block. | 我听说对写作瓶颈有帮助 |
[57:17] | You may be right, Joost. | 你可能是对的 约斯特 |
[57:20] | Yeah, I’m right. Tom! | 当然 我就知道 |
[57:23] | Hey, Tom! | 嗨 汤姆 |
[57:53] | Everything all right? | 没事吧? |
[57:54] | Yeah, sure. | 没事 |
[57:56] | So what’s her story? | 她有什么故事? |
[57:58] | Tom met her in a refugio. | 汤姆和她在朝圣休息站遇到的 |
[58:01] | Walking the Camino to quit smoking. | 是为了戒烟徒步卡米诺 |
[58:03] | That’s all I know about her. | 我只知道这些 |
[58:05] | She’s sexy, but complicated. | 她很性感 但又让人摸不透 |
[58:10] | He seems like quite a stiff. | 他看起来一板一眼 |
[58:15] | I met him in Saint-Jean. | 我在圣·约翰遇到他 |
[58:17] | He’s a…he’s an opth… | 他是一位眼 |
[58:18] | an, uh…an eye doctor from California. | 看眼的医生 来自加洲 |
[58:22] | – An ophthalmologist? – Ah. | -眼科医师 -啊对 |
[58:24] | Didn’t come here on pilgrimage. | 他来这里不是为了朝圣 |
[58:27] | Seems like it was more a… like an accident. | 更像是一场意外造就的 |
[58:30] | I started my pilgrimage in Paris, Joost, | 我的朝圣之旅是三个月前 |
[58:33] | three months ago. | 由巴黎起始的 约斯特 |
[58:35] | And if I know one certainty about the Way of Saint James, | 如果我确信一件关于圣詹姆 的朝圣旅途的事 |
[58:39] | it is that no one walks this Camino by accident. | 就是没有人因为意外 而徒步卡米诺 |
[58:42] | No one. | 没有人 |
[58:44] | He, um, carries the cremated remains of his son… | 他带着儿子的骨灰 |
[58:49] | got caught in a bad storm | 他儿子在比利牛斯山遇到一场 暴风雪 |
[58:52] | over the Pyrenees first day out. | 启程第一天就遭难了 |
[58:53] | – Oh, you’re kidding me. – No. | -你一定在开我玩笑 -不 |
[58:56] | He carries the…that box in his backpack. | 他的背包里装着那个盒子 |
[59:00] | He leaves little…little piles of ash all along the Camino. | 沿途 他撒下小撮骨灰 |
[59:04] | That’s brilliant. I mean tragic, of course, | 太美妙了! 我是说 当然是悲剧 |
[59:07] | but brilliant. | 但是很棒 |
[59:16] | Um, do you think he’d, uh… want to talk to me about it? | 你认为他愿意 跟我谈这件事吗? |
[59:21] | I think he’d sooner shove that walking stick down your throat. | 我觉得他会马上用 拐杖戳断你的喉咙 |
[59:29] | You’re sick. – Eh? | -你病了 -什么 |
[59:32] | The reason you’re out here. | 我是说你来这里徒步的原因 |
[59:34] | – You’re ill and dying. – Not even close. | -你又老又弱 -我健康着呢 |
[59:37] | That’s good. But I will get it. | 很好 我会知道的 |
[59:40] | No, you probably won’t. | 有难度 |
[59:42] | Next town is Torres Del Río. | 下一个镇是河塔 |
[59:44] | Towers on the river. | 河上之塔 |
[59:48] | Your Spanish is pretty good. | 你的西班牙语说的不错 |
[59:50] | Yeah, well, the guidebooks stress | 还行吧 |
[59:52] | learn as much of the language as possible | 旅游手册上不是强调开始徒步之前 |
[59:54] | before you start the walk, so… | 语言学的越多越好吗 |
[59:59] | I thought you said something about not wanting any tag-alongs. | 我以为你说过 不想要护花使者的 |
[1:00:02] | I did. | 我是说过 |
[1:00:04] | If the last 15 kilometers are any indication, | 如果走了15公里 |
[1:00:07] | walking the Camino with you is kind of like being alone, so… | 有什么启发的话 |
[1:00:10] | But, hey, you want me to buzz off, that’s cool. | 但如果你想让我消失 也没有问题 |
[1:00:13] | Next town, I’ll go my separate way. | 下一个镇开始 我会走不同的路线 |
[1:00:15] | It’s not like there’s a thousand routes to get to Santiago, | 但是去圣地亚哥的路 没有几条 |
[1:00:17] | so you might have to suffer bumping into one of us from time to time. | 所以你可能要忍受 不时的遇到我们中的一个 |
[1:00:22] | I’ll take my chances. | 缘分天注定 |
[1:00:24] | Torres Del Río, then. | 那就说好河塔拜别了 |
[1:00:32] | He’s in a bad mood. | 他心情不太好 |
[1:00:33] | He’s been in a bad mood ever since I met him. | 自从我遇到他开始 他就一直心情不好 |
[1:00:37] | Well, death has a way of doing that to you. | 死亡总是有办法 把你整成那样 |
[1:00:40] | What do you mean, death? | 你什么意思 死亡? |
[1:00:44] | She doesn’t know? | 她不知道吗? |
[1:00:47] | She doesn’t know what? | 她不知道什么? |
[1:01:01] | What doesn’t she know? | 那她知道什么? |
[1:01:07] | This town is so short of water that the locals | 这个镇子非常缺水 |
[1:01:09] | store it up in winter for use in summer. | 村民们冬天把水储起来 夏天用 |
[1:01:11] | I don’t see anything about bars. | 我没有看到酒吧 |
[1:01:13] | There’s an albergue called the Casa Santa Barbara. | 有个叫圣巴巴拉的 小旅馆 |
[1:01:16] | Oh, yeah. It’s the only one, but it has five stars. | 对 那是唯一的一家 可是五星级的 |
[1:01:19] | I don’t care how many stars it has, as long as it’s got a toilet. | 我可不管有几星 只要有个象样的卫生间就行 |
[1:01:25] | – Sí? – Hola. | -是? -你好 |
[1:01:27] | Peregrinos? | 朝圣的? |
[1:01:28] | – Sí. – Sí. | -系 -系 |
[1:01:30] | Hey, welcome. | 你好 欢迎 |
[1:01:32] | – Bienvenido. Ah. – Hola. | -朝圣者 -你好 |
[1:01:35] | – Ah hah. – Hola. | -啊 哈 -噢啦 |
[1:01:37] | I am el Ramón, eh? | 我是拉姆 |
[1:01:39] | Ah. I’m…I’m Joost from Amsterdam. | 我是约斯特 来自阿姆斯特丹 |
[1:01:41] | Ah, nice, nice. Good, good. | 好 好 来 来 |
[1:01:43] | Come, come. Come with me. | 跟我来 这边 |
[1:01:45] | Come along. Heh. | 一直走 |
[1:01:46] | Come along, please. | 这边请 |
[1:01:48] | Uh, passports, please. | 请 护照 |
[1:01:50] | – Passports. – Now? | -护照 -现在吗? |
[1:01:51] | I need passports. | 我需要护照 |
[1:01:52] | Passports, everyone. Yes. | 护照 每个人 |
[1:01:54] | Thank you. Passports. | 是的 谢谢 通行证 |
[1:01:55] | Passports, please. I need passports. | 护照 请 我需要护照 |
[1:01:58] | – Is there a… – This is my very own | -这里有 -这是我独一无二 |
[1:01:59] | and very special el Ramón stamp. | 非常特别的拉姆章 |
[1:02:03] | You won’t find a stamp like this anywhere else on the Camino. | 在卡米诺的其它任何地方 你都找不到一个这样的章 |
[1:02:07] | Uh, could l, um, use your… | 我能否用下 |
[1:02:10] | This is the Ramón stamp, | 这是拉姆章 |
[1:02:12] | and I will stamp your passports with el Ramón. | 我会在你们的通行证上 盖拉姆章 |
[1:02:15] | Stamp. The Ramón stamp. | 拉姆章 |
[1:02:19] | The Ramón stamp. | 拉姆章 |
[1:02:22] | Perfect. | 非常完美 |
[1:02:24] | This is the proof you have been with el Ramón. | 非常完美! 这证明 你和拉姆待过 |
[1:02:29] | Yes, as I was saying… | 是 我说 我能不能 |
[1:02:30] | Ah, you must be hungry, yes? | 你肯定饿了 是吗? |
[1:02:32] | Yes? Ah, yes. You’re tired. | 是的 你们当然累了 |
[1:02:34] | Of course. Well, but you have come to the best refugio in all of Spain. | 但是你来到的是 全西班牙最好的旅馆 |
[1:02:38] | Is there a baño I could use, please? | 请问我可以用一下洗手间吗? |
[1:02:41] | Oh, yes. Yes, yes. Of course. | 是的 是的 当然 |
[1:02:43] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:02:48] | Aha. ls there. | 就是那里 |
[1:02:52] | Uh, it’s a bit more serious, let’s say. | 厄 要我说 这问题有点大了 |
[1:02:56] | Uh, one moment. | 稍等片刻 |
[1:03:03] | Good? Good? | 可以了吗? |
[1:03:04] | – Yeah. Good. – Good. | -耶 好的 -好 |
[1:03:15] | I think we’re the only pilgrims here. | 我想我们是这里唯一的朝圣者 |
[1:03:17] | The only ones alive. | 唯一活着的 |
[1:03:19] | Tom, should we stay? | 汤姆 我们还住这吗? |
[1:03:24] | It’s a bed and a meal, few hours sleep. | 有床 吃的 休息几个小时 |
[1:03:31] | Obviously we’ve interrupted something. | 看来我们打扰人家了 |
[1:03:33] | Well, that was, uh, interesting. | 喂 那是 厄 有点意思 |
[1:03:37] | Bit cold out there. Who’s next? | 外面有点冷 还有谁想去? |
[1:03:42] | Maybe we should stay, no? | 看来我们得住下来 |
[1:03:44] | Did anyone ask how much he’s charging for the night? | 有人问过住一晚多少钱吗? |
[1:03:46] | ’cause if it’s more than a couple of Euros, it’s too much. | 因为如果超过几欧 就太贵了 |
[1:03:48] | Yeah, I second that. | 我赞成 |
[1:03:50] | – I.. – All right. | -呵 -这样吧 |
[1:03:51] | When he comes back down, I’ll ask him about the fee, | 好的 他下来的时候 我会问他价钱 |
[1:03:54] | but I don’t think we’re gonna get a straight answer from el Ramón. | 我认为拉姆不会 马上告诉我们 |
[1:04:01] | Well, it could be a while. | 看样子可能要等一会儿 |
[1:04:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:04:05] | I’ll go up and ask him. | 我上去问他吧 |
[1:04:08] | Them. | 他们 |
[1:04:09] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你一起去 |
[1:04:10] | – Yeah, me, too. – Let’s all go. | -还有我 -都一起去吧 |
[1:04:12] | What, are you all, five? | 五个人一起去? |
[1:04:15] | No, just scared. | 不 只是有点悬 |
[1:04:47] | Ay, Ramón! | 拉姆 |
[1:04:50] | Whoo! Ramón, Ramón! | 喔 拉姆 拉姆 |
[1:04:53] | Eh? | 咦? |
[1:04:54] | Gracias. | 活见鬼 |
[1:05:02] | Ah, man, it’s 4 1/2 hours | 天 伙计 到下一个旅馆 |
[1:05:05] | – to the next albergue. – Really? | -还要四个半小时 -不是吧? |
[1:05:08] | Right, well, we gotta think about setting up camp for the night. | 入夜后我们得 考虑搭帐篷了 |
[1:05:10] | – No way. – It’s getting dark. | -行不通 -已经天黑了 |
[1:05:13] | Hey, Boomer, Tom, we gotta camp out. | 嗨 潮人 汤姆? 我们准备在野外露营 |
[1:05:26] | Now, this, this is a true pilgrim experience. | 现在这真的有朝圣的意思了 |
[1:05:30] | Cheers to that, | 我们欢呼一下呗 |
[1:05:33] | even though I hated camping as a boy. | 虽然我从小就讨厌露营 |
[1:05:35] | “True pilgrim experience”? What do you mean by that? | “真的有朝圣的意思”? 你那么说是什么意思? |
[1:05:38] | Ah, well, I’m talking about tradition in the purest sense. | 我说的是传统 纯感观上的 |
[1:05:42] | A true pilgrim walks the Camino with nothing. | 真正的朝圣者在卡米诺 徒步时是什么也没有带的 |
[1:05:44] | He has to live off the land, | 他漂泊在外 |
[1:05:47] | he has to accept the kindness presented to him, | 他接纳善意 |
[1:05:49] | and he has to carry his goods on his back. | 他满载而归 |
[1:05:52] | Pilgrim is poor and must suffer. | 朝圣者是穷人且历经磨难 |
[1:05:56] | That strikes me as extreme | 我觉得极端点说 |
[1:05:58] | to say the only way to be a true pilgrim | 成为一名 真正的朝圣者的唯一方法是 |
[1:06:00] | is to imitate what we like to think a true pilgrim is. | 模仿我们想象中的 真正的朝圣者 |
[1:06:03] | Should a pilgrim dress himself as a beggar even if he isn’t? | 朝圣者非得穿得跟乞丐似的 就算没那么穷? |
[1:06:07] | Do we honor the poor by imitating them? | 我们模仿穷人是在向 他们致意吗? |
[1:06:09] | I don’t think that pilgrims 500 years ago | 我不认为五百年前的 朝圣者 |
[1:06:12] | ignored the creature comforts of the road | 可以抵制沿途舒适的东西 |
[1:06:15] | any more than we should now. | 和我们现在一样 |
[1:06:16] | Yeah, and what about pilgrims on bikes | 对啊 那些朝圣者还骑 自行车呢 |
[1:06:19] | or…or pilgrims that do the Camino on horseback? | 或者是骑马上卡米诺的朝圣者们? |
[1:06:22] | No, tradition would dismiss bikers at least. | 不 要传统就应该别骑自行车 最起码是这样 |
[1:06:25] | Biking or riding requires less suffering and less work. | 骑自行车或者骑马 可以少受罪 |
[1:06:28] | But I don’t think we have to artificially | 但是我不觉得我们非得那样 |
[1:06:30] | add more hardship than is already there. | 刻意的去自讨苦吃 而不是本来就那样 |
[1:06:33] | That, in my opinion, is being a false pilgrim, not a true one. | 刻意的去自讨苦吃 而不是本来就那样 |
[1:06:36] | If you were a man, I would challenge you to pistols at dawn. | 如果你是男人 我要在拂晓和你决斗 |
[1:06:41] | What do you think, Boomer? | 你觉得呢 潮人? |
[1:06:44] | Finally, an American without an opinion. | 算了吧 一个美国人是没有意见的 |
[1:06:48] | Take a picture. | 就知道拍照 |
[1:07:24] | – Good morning, sunshine. – Oh! | -早上好 亲爱的 -噢 |
[1:07:28] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:07:30] | Where are the guys? | 人都哪去了? |
[1:07:32] | Out gathering some provisions from the local farms. | 出去当地农民家 要点吃的 |
[1:07:36] | – Like true pilgrims? – Yeah. | -像真的朝圣者那样? -没错 |
[1:07:39] | So you weren’t even gonna say goodbye, Boomer? | 你不会不告而别吧 潮人? |
[1:07:42] | Yeah, well… | 诶 |
[1:07:46] | What are you doing out here, Tom, besides taking a really long walk? | 你来这里干嘛 汤姆? 除了 大老远的走到这里 |
[1:07:52] | Why do you care? | 你关心这干嘛? |
[1:07:57] | Joost told me you were a…a doctor. | 约斯特说你 是医生? |
[1:08:00] | – Yeah. – What do you practice? | -是的 -什么科的? |
[1:08:02] | I’m an ophthalmologist. | 我是眼科医生 |
[1:08:03] | – An eye doctor. – Yeah. | -眼科医生 -是的 |
[1:08:06] | Ah. So you, uh, you help people see the world a little better, huh? | 阿! 那么 你让人们看世界 看的清楚一点 哈? |
[1:08:10] | Yeah, that’s one way to put it. | 是的 也可以这么说 |
[1:08:14] | – I got it. – No, no. No, no. | -我来 -不 |
[1:08:16] | Unh! | 呜! |
[1:08:26] | I… | 我 |
[1:08:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:08:45] | Whoo! | 喔噢! |
[1:08:46] | Three cheers for the true pilgrims. | 为真的朝圣者欢呼三声! |
[1:08:49] | Hot bread and coffee for everyone. | 热的面包和咖啡 每个人都有! |
[1:08:51] | Oranges, apples. See? We’re living off the land. | 橘子 苹果 瞧? 我们在外漂泊 |
[1:08:53] | This is the way it’s supposed to be. | 本来就该这样 |
[1:08:57] | Hey, Tom. | 嗨 汤姆 |
[1:08:58] | Hey. Have a look. | 嗨 来一个? |
[1:08:59] | – Sleep well? – Yep. | -睡的好吗? -挺好 |
[1:09:01] | – No. Gracias. – Do we have knives? | -不用 谢谢 -我们有刀吗? |
[1:09:03] | We don’t need knives. Just rip it apart. | 我们不需要刀 直接用手撕 |
[1:09:05] | Orange, Tom? Eh? Orange? | 汤姆 来个橙子? |
[1:09:07] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:09:11] | Right. | 好的 |
[1:09:13] | Let’s get this coffee on the go. | 我们喝完咖啡就出发 |
[1:09:15] | You okay, Tom? | 没事吧 汤姆? |
[1:09:17] | Yeah. Why? | 我没事 |
[1:10:13] | Tom. | 汤姆 |
[1:10:16] | I’m sure the last thing in the world | 我敢保证你世界上最 不想做的事 |
[1:10:18] | you want to do is have a conversation with me. | 就是跟我说话 |
[1:10:21] | You’d be right about that. | 你说的没错 |
[1:10:24] | Tom, your son… | 汤姆 关于你的儿子 |
[1:10:26] | Joost told me. l… | 约斯特跟我说了 |
[1:10:29] | I’m so sorry. I had no idea. | 我很抱歉 我不知道 |
[1:10:32] | Joost told you, huh? That figures. | 约斯特跟你说了? 那个大嘴巴 |
[1:10:38] | I don’t know what to say, but… | 我不知道说什么好 但是 |
[1:10:40] | the way you touched me, grabbed my arm, | 你碰到我的时候 抓住我的手臂 有点 |
[1:10:43] | just…I mean, in my other life, | 我是说 在我现实生活中 |
[1:10:45] | my life before the Camino, I was married. | 卡米诺以前的生活 |
[1:10:48] | I was married, and I was pregnant, my first, my only. | 我结过婚 也怀孕过 第一次 也是唯一的一次 |
[1:10:56] | But my husband was not a kind man, | 但是我的丈夫不是一个好人 |
[1:11:00] | so I terminated. | 所以 长痛不如短痛 |
[1:11:02] | I got rid of my baby girl, Tom. | 我打掉了我肚里的女儿 汤姆 |
[1:11:05] | Didn’t want the son of a bitch to have two of us to beat up on. | 我不想那狗娘养的可以有两个殴打对象 |
[1:11:15] | Sometimes I hear her voice, my baby. | 有时候我还能听到她的声音 我的宝宝 |
[1:11:21] | I know it sounds crazy ’cause she never got to take her first breath, | 我知道听起来很疯狂 因为她从来就没有呼吸过 |
[1:11:25] | but I imagine what she would have sounded like. | 但是我想象着她 说话的声音 |
[1:11:35] | And sometimes I hear her, Tom. | 有时候我听见她的声音了 汤姆 |
[1:11:40] | Sometimes I swear I can hear her. | 有时我发誓 我可以听见她 |
[1:11:46] | I’m sorry about your baby. | 关于你的宝宝 我很遗憾 |
[1:11:49] | Sorry about yours. | 我对你的事也很遗憾 |
[1:11:52] | My son was almost 40. | 我的儿子快40了 |
[1:11:54] | Yeah, but he’ll always be your baby. | 是 但是他永远都是你的小宝贝 |
[1:12:01] | Well… | 好吧 |
[1:12:53] | Pilgrims, we have arrived. | 朝圣者们 我们到了 |
[1:12:55] | I’m gonna get us a bottle. Or three. | 我去给我们来一瓶 或者三瓶 |
[1:12:57] | Oh, hey, you’ll need an extra hand for that. | 哦 我也去 你得再长只手才拿得了 |
[1:13:04] | Hola! | 噢啦 |
[1:13:09] | Look, Tom, I… I want to apologize again. | 听着 汤姆 我想再一次跟你道歉 |
[1:13:11] | I’m really sorry… | 我真的抱歉 |
[1:13:12] | Can we talk about something else, please? | 我们能不能说点别的? 拜托? |
[1:13:15] | But I hit you with everything I had, and you took it. | 我因为自己的问题打了你 可你默默承受了 |
[1:13:18] | My mother taught me that only a coward hits a woman. | 我母亲教过我 只有懦夫才打女人 |
[1:13:20] | How’d she do that? | 她怎么做到的? |
[1:13:23] | She whupped the hell out of me every time I hit my little sister | 每次我打妹妹的时候 她就用鞭子狠狠的修理我 |
[1:13:26] | till I finally got the message. | 直到我不敢再犯 |
[1:13:30] | My ex could have learned something from your mother. | 我的前夫可以从你母亲那里学到一些 |
[1:13:34] | Smoke ’em if you got ’em, eh? | 抽到终点? |
[1:13:36] | I’d smoke across this whole damn country, Boomer. | 我要抽烟穿过这个该死的国家 潮人 |
[1:13:42] | There’s a whole world out there to beat you up plenty. | 你在这世上承受过太多的打击 |
[1:13:46] | You don’t need to go looking for people to pile on. | 所以不想因为别的人再让你重蹈覆辙 |
[1:13:49] | Glad you became an eye doc instead of a headshrinker. | 我更愿意你从一个心理医生变回眼科医生 |
[1:13:53] | The first consultation is free. | 第一次会诊免费 |
[1:13:55] | Let there be wine! | 红酒满杯! |
[1:13:57] | Let the drinking commence. | 让我们开始畅饮吧! |
[1:14:03] | whereas Paulo Coelho examined the spiritual in the Camino, | 保罗·柯艾略在这里 探索卡米诺的精神 |
[1:14:06] | was inspired to write his first book afterwards. | 受到启发之后开始创作了他的第一本书 |
[1:14:09] | So I said to them… | 所以 我跟他们说 |
[1:14:12] | the last thing in the world you need to publish | “世界上最不应该出版的” |
[1:14:15] | and the last thing I am willing to write | “我也最不愿意去写的” |
[1:14:18] | is another bloody guidebook on the Camino. | “就是又一本关于 卡米诺的旅游指南” |
[1:14:20] | I mean, how does one follow the Codex Calixtinus anyway? | 我是说 谁会按 加里斯都抄本写的去做? |
[1:14:24] | – The what? – Codex Calixtinus, | -加里什么? -加里斯都抄本 |
[1:14:28] | Liber Sancti Jacobi. | 圣雅各之书 |
[1:14:30] | Devotees of the Way regard it as the first tourist guide. | 信徒们信奉为 第一本旅游指南 |
[1:14:33] | That’s right. lt is the source, | 完全正确是由教皇 |
[1:14:35] | attributed to the writings of Pope Callixtus ll, | 加里克斯都斯二世 |
[1:14:39] | the twelfth century. | 在十二世纪编著 |
[1:14:40] | It is a work of wonder divided into five folios. | 创世奇作 共为五本书 |
[1:14:44] | Book one, Anthologia Liturgica. | 第一卷”仪式之书” |
[1:14:47] | Book two, De Miraculis Sancti Jacobi. | 第二卷”圣迹之书” |
[1:14:50] | Book three translates the writings of Saint James. | 第三卷 圣雅各作品的诠释 |
[1:14:52] | Book four, the lesser known, | 第四卷 较少为人所知的 |
[1:14:53] | banned by the Church of Rome, | 曾被罗马教廷封禁 |
[1:14:55] | details Charlemagne’s vision of Saint James | 详述了圣雅各命令查理曼 |
[1:14:57] | instructing him to destroy the Moors. | 消灭摩尔人的事迹 |
[1:15:00] | But it is book five, folio five, which most concerns us. | 但是我们最关注的是第五本 |
[1:15:04] | Historians believe it is the first book ever written on the pilgrimage. | 历史学家认为这是描写 朝圣的第一本书 |
[1:15:09] | So the dilemma for me | 所以 我的难题在于 |
[1:15:11] | is to come up with something contemporary, | 是提出一些让当代人依然充满敬意的东西 |
[1:15:15] | but also pays homage to the ancient tradition | 还是去阐述在现代成为一个真正的朝圣者 |
[1:15:19] | of what it means to be a true pilgrim in a modern age. | 所要遵从的古老传统 |
[1:15:22] | Christ, you’re a bore. | 克里斯 你很无聊 |
[1:15:25] | I beg your pardon. | 你说什么? |
[1:15:27] | An arrogant bore. | 目中无人 无聊透顶 |
[1:15:31] | Oh, dear, | 噢 亲爱的 |
[1:15:32] | I think this pack’s getting ready to eat one of its own. | 我想这个包主 已经准备好独自享用美食了 |
[1:15:35] | That’s just it, Jack from Ireland. | 就是那样 来自爱尔兰的杰克 |
[1:15:38] | You’re not one of us. | 你不是我们的一分子 |
[1:15:40] | You think you’re better than us ’cause you’re writing a book. | 因为你要写一本书 所以你自以为比我们强 |
[1:15:44] | True pilgrim. | 真正的朝圣者 |
[1:15:45] | All right, all right, Tom. | 好了 好了 汤姆 |
[1:15:46] | True pilgrim, like you would know. | 真的朝圣者 就像你说的 |
[1:15:48] | What did you use to pay for this wine here, huh? | 你要用什么来付眼下这酒帐? |
[1:15:51] | How many credit cards do you have in your wallet, | 你的钱包里有几张信用卡 |
[1:15:54] | Jack from Ireland? | 爱尔兰的杰克? |
[1:15:55] | How many true pilgrims | 有多少个真的朝圣者 |
[1:15:57] | used their credit cards to get out of a true jam along the Camino | 用他们的信用卡来买盛行于中世纪卡米诺的果酱? |
[1:16:02] | back in the Middle Ages, you jackass from Ireland? | 爱尔兰的狗屁杰克 |
[1:16:07] | You are a true fraud. | 你是一个货真价实的诈骗犯 |
[1:16:09] | That’s what I think you are. | 我就是这么看你的 |
[1:16:11] | Fraud! | 骗子! |
[1:16:12] | Over here, everybody! This man is a fraud! | 大家看过来! 这个男的是诈骗犯 |
[1:16:15] | Police! Hey, hey! | 警察! 嗨嘿! |
[1:16:17] | Over here, gentlemen! | 先生们过来! |
[1:16:19] | Arrest this man for being a fraud! | 逮捕这个人 告他诈骗! |
[1:16:21] | Hey, Tom, we’re just talking, man. | 逮捕这个人 告他诈骗! |
[1:16:23] | Yeah, only talking. You’re good at that, Dutchman. | 我们只是说说 你就知道那套 荷兰人 |
[1:16:26] | Let me ask you something. | 让我问问你 |
[1:16:27] | Is there anything in that Dutch guidebook | 荷兰的旅游指南 |
[1:16:30] | about having some common courtesy, | 有没有讲基本的礼节? |
[1:16:32] | keeping your mouth shut about other people’s private matters? | 闭上你的臭嘴 别说别人的隐私 |
[1:16:35] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你他妈的在说什么? |
[1:16:37] | You know what the hell I’m talking about, | 你他妈的知道我在说什么 |
[1:16:39] | Joost from Amsterdam. | 阿姆斯特丹的约斯特 |
[1:16:41] | Or maybe you smoked so much hash | 你是抽烟抽糊涂了 |
[1:16:43] | and popped so many pills, you can’t remember | 还是磕药磕高了 |
[1:16:45] | anything you say or do anymore. | 你都不记得说过 或者做过什么 |
[1:16:49] | Hey, what do you think of the Boomer now, eh, Sarah? | 嗨 你现在觉得潮人怎样 嗨 沙拉? |
[1:16:52] | Whoever the hell you are. | 管你们是谁呢 |
[1:16:55] | So… | 那么 |
[1:16:57] | friends, | 朋友们 |
[1:16:58] | the question is… | 问题是 |
[1:17:01] | What does it take for someone | 让某人成为卡米诺一个真的 |
[1:17:03] | to become a true pilgrim on the Camino? | 朝圣者需要做什么? |
[1:17:06] | Is that right, Jack? | 我说的对吗 杰克? |
[1:17:09] | How ’bout death? | 死亡怎么样? |
[1:17:12] | How about dying on the Camino? | 死在卡米诺怎么样? |
[1:17:14] | Would that rate? Would that make someone a true pilgrim? | 这种机率有多高? 这样可以成为一名真的朝圣者吗? |
[1:17:18] | Would that qualify for your damn book? | 这可以让你该死的书满意吗? |
[1:17:29] | Hey, uh, Tom, that’s my pack. My… | 汤姆 那是我的包 |
[1:17:31] | That’s my…Tom. Tom! Let’s… | 那是我的 汤姆 |
[1:17:37] | Get out of here! | 滚出去! |
[1:17:38] | No, Tom, that’s my pack. | 不 汤姆 那是我的包 |
[1:17:40] | For Christ’s sake. Get your hands off me! | 看在上帝的份上 把手拿开 |
[1:17:43] | Ohh! Tom! Officers, officers… | 噢! 汤姆! 警官 警官 |
[1:17:46] | I’m an American! I speak American! | 我是美国人 我讲英语! |
[1:17:49] | Tell them I’m being kidnapped! | 告诉他们我在卡米诺 |
[1:17:51] | Camino de Compostela! | 被绑架了 |
[1:17:54] | God bless America! | 上帝保佑美国! |
[1:17:57] | Everyone… | 每个人… |
[1:18:46] | How do you say, “I’m sorry,” in Spanish? | 西班牙语”我很抱歉”怎么说? |
[1:18:48] | Uh, lo siento. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:18:50] | – Lo siento, Señor. – Buen camino. | -我很抱歉 先生 -卡米诺祝福你 |
[1:18:53] | Gracias. | 谢谢 |
[1:18:56] | Adiós. | 再见 |
[1:19:13] | I don’t really remember very much. | 我不太记得发生什么了 |
[1:19:15] | That might be a good thing. | 那也许是好事 |
[1:19:20] | Thank you for bailing me out. | 谢谢你救我出来 |
[1:19:25] | You can thank my credit card. | 谢谢我的信用卡吧 |
[1:21:02] | I intend to reimburse you. | 我希望可以补偿你 |
[1:21:08] | You agree to letting me use the story in my book, we can call it even. | 你答应让我在书里介绍 你的故事才能两清 |
[1:21:12] | Not a chance. | 休想 |
[1:21:13] | Well, I can still include it anyway, change the names. | 那我还是会用这个故事 只是换个名字 |
[1:21:16] | You wouldn’t. | 你不会的 |
[1:21:18] | Ha! I would. As far as anecdotes go, | 哈 我会 我一直在记录沿途趣闻 |
[1:21:21] | it’s one of the best from my journey so far. | 这个目前来说是最精彩的 |
[1:21:27] | My friends, you know, my patients, | 我的朋友 我的病人 |
[1:21:30] | they’re gonna read your book, get the wrong impression of me. | 他们会读你的书 对我影响不好 |
[1:21:35] | Do you honestly believe that your mates from the country club | 你真的天真的认为 你们俱乐部的朋友 |
[1:21:39] | would waste their time reading my book? | 会浪费时间来读我的书? |
[1:21:43] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[1:21:45] | What was your son like? | 你的儿子是怎么样的? |
[1:21:49] | Daniel’s story’s got nothing to do with any deal. | 丹尼尔的故事跟 所有这些都没有关系 |
[1:21:52] | I have to explain why you’re out on the Camino, Tom. | 我总得解释为什么 你来到卡米诺吧 汤姆 |
[1:21:54] | Can’t just introduce some crazy, drunk American | 我不能没来由的就写一个 |
[1:21:57] | into the art without giving him purpose. | 疯狂 醉酒的美国人 |
[1:21:59] | “Crazy, drunk American.” Thanks. | 疯狂 醉酒的美国人 谢谢 |
[1:22:00] | I can read his obituary at any lnternet cafe along the way. | 朝圣之旅的咖啡厅 都可以读到他的讣告 |
[1:22:04] | But I can’t imagine it would shed any light | 但是我不能由此落判 |
[1:22:07] | on…on who he was or what he meant to you. | 他的人格 或是他对你有什么意义 |
[1:22:11] | He was my son. What do you think he meant to me? | 他是我的儿子 你觉得他对我有什么意义? |
[1:22:20] | Daniel was a lot like you… | 丹尼尔和你很像 |
[1:22:24] | smart, confident, | 聪明 信心满满 |
[1:22:27] | stubborn, | 顽固不化 |
[1:22:29] | pissed me off a lot. | 经常让我很生气 |
[1:22:43] | May I? | 我可以吗? |
[1:22:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:23:21] | Sarah! Hey! Ca va? | 沙拉! 嘿! |
[1:23:23] | Hola. Ca va. | 嗨! 卡罗! |
[1:23:30] | – Hey, Carlo. – Hey. Ciao, bella. | 嗨! 你好 贝拉 |
[1:23:32] | – Hello. – Jack. | -你好 -我是杰克 |
[1:23:41] | Oh, man! | -你好 |
[1:23:43] | – Tom! – Father Frank. | -汤姆 -费兰克神父 |
[1:23:44] | – Are you just getting to Burgos? – This very moment. | -你刚到布尔戈斯吗? -刚刚到 |
[1:23:47] | Then listen. You’ve gotta stay at least a day. Tour the cathedral. | 听着 你最少得待一天 去教堂转转 |
[1:23:50] | El Cid is buried there. | 熙德就葬在那里 |
[1:23:52] | – The Chuck Heston film. – Ah. | -查尔顿·赫斯顿电影 -啊哈 |
[1:23:54] | Let me buy a weary traveler a drink. | 让我给疲惫的旅行者买一杯饮料 |
[1:24:02] | – They’ve come in handy. – They usually do. | -这个已经派上了用场 -的确如此 |
[1:24:05] | Maybe a couple of tapas, too, here. | 这里也来点塔帕斯吧 先生 |
[1:24:07] | I don’t have to tell you, | 我必须告诉你 |
[1:24:09] | but this Spanish coffee is really strong. | 这种西班牙咖啡真的很够劲 |
[1:24:12] | -Yeah, I know. You know, | 我知道 |
[1:24:14] | You know, I can’t drink it in the afternoon. | 我下午不能喝它 |
[1:24:15] | Otherwise, I don’t sleep a wink, no matter how far l’ve walked. | 不然不管走了多远都难以入睡 |
[1:24:19] | Is this weather beautiful? | 天气真好 不是吗 |
[1:24:21] | He plays the, uh… he plays the banjo. | 他在弹班卓琴 |
[1:24:24] | Hey, that kid took my bag. | 嘿 那个小孩拿了我的包! |
[1:24:26] | That kid stole my bag! | 那个小孩偷了我的包! |
[1:24:28] | Hey! Hey! | 嘿! 嘿! |
[1:24:52] | Hey, you little bollocks! | 来这里 你这个小兔崽子! ! |
[1:25:25] | I’ll go door to door if I have to. | 我会挨家挨户的找 |
[1:25:27] | – No, no, no. No, Tom, not here. – Why not? | -不 汤姆 这儿不行 -为什么不行? |
[1:25:28] | – It’s Gypsies, Tom. – So what? | -是吉普塞人 汤姆 -那又怎样? |
[1:25:30] | – It’s all Gypsy here. – So what?! | -这里是吉普赛人聚居区 -如何? ! |
[1:25:32] | Listen, you start knocking on the doors here, | 听着 如果你开始敲门 |
[1:25:33] | you might not be happy with what you find behind it. | 门后可能会有 你接受不了的东西 |
[1:25:36] | Having your backpack stolen’ll be the least of your worries. | 与此相比 偷包还是件小事呢 |
[1:25:40] | Then we have to file a police report or something. | 那我们去警察局报案吧 |
[1:25:43] | No, cops hate Gypsies, don’t want anything to do with it. | 没用 警察很讨厌吉普塞人 他们可不想跟这些沾边 |
[1:25:46] | Not in Amsterdam, not here, not anywhere in Europe. | 欧洲的每个角落 阿姆斯特丹 这里都是如此 |
[1:25:49] | Sorry, Boomer. | 抱歉 潮人 |
[1:25:58] | Can you hear me, son? I know you’re here! | 听到了吗 小子? 我知道你在这里! |
[1:26:01] | – Just give me the box! – Tom. | -把盒子还给我就好了! -汤姆 |
[1:26:03] | Just give me the little box! | 只要给我那个小盒子! |
[1:26:04] | – You can keep the pack! – Tom. Come on. | -你留着包好了 -汤姆 拜托 |
[1:26:07] | Just give me the box! | 只要给我那个盒子! ! |
[1:26:32] | You can’t give up now, Tom. | 你不能放弃 汤姆 |
[1:26:35] | It’s a big city. We can… can get you new gear. | 这个地方很大 我们可以买新的装备 |
[1:26:40] | I’ll take a bus to Madrid and fly home tomorrow. | 明天我坐车到马德里 然后坐飞机回家 |
[1:26:42] | Come on, Tom. | 别这样 汤姆 |
[1:26:44] | This whole thing was stupid. | 这一切都愚蠢透了 |
[1:26:46] | Bloody, thieving Gypsies. | 该死的小偷吉普塞人 |
[1:26:50] | I understand your anger, Señor. | 我明白你为什么生气 先生 |
[1:26:54] | My name is Ishmael Villalobos. | 我明白你为什么生气 先生 |
[1:26:57] | My son stole your property. | 我的儿子偷了你的包 |
[1:27:01] | He wishes to return it and apologize. | 他希望还给你并给你道歉 |
[1:27:06] | It is as you left it. | 什么都没有动过 |
[1:27:09] | Everything’s there. | 所有东西都在这里 |
[1:27:10] | Everything. | 每一样 |
[1:27:27] | My son has dishonored himself, | 我的儿子不懂自爱 |
[1:27:30] | his family and yours as well. | 使家庭蒙羞也让你们受到伤害 |
[1:27:34] | This is the problem with how Europeans see the Gypsy people, | 这就是欧洲人鄙夷 吉普塞人的原因 |
[1:27:38] | as thieves and beggars. | 小偷和乞丐! |
[1:27:41] | Well, your son is not helping your cause. | 你儿子没有了解你的苦心 |
[1:27:46] | A very dark day for me. | 对我来说非常黑暗的一天 |
[1:27:50] | I wish to extend an invitation to you | 我希望邀请你和 你的朋友 |
[1:27:52] | and your friends to be my guests at my home this evening. | 今晚来我家做客 |
[1:27:56] | I insist. | 我坚持 |
[1:27:58] | It will be an intimate gathering. | 这是一次亲戚聚会 |
[1:28:00] | You will not be disappointed by the food or the company. | 你不会对食物 和来客感到失望 |
[1:28:44] | This is what you call an intimate gathering? | 这就是你所说的 亲戚聚会? |
[1:28:48] | By gitano standards. | 吉普赛人的标准 |
[1:28:51] | A Gypsy wedding will sometimes have 2,000 guests. | 参加吉普赛人的婚礼的客人有时有2000人 |
[1:28:56] | All close, personal friends? | 所有都是关系很好的朋友 |
[1:28:57] | Actually, yes. | 确实是的 |
[1:29:18] | Of course you are taking your son’s remains to Muxia. | 当然 你要带你的儿子的骨灰到木夏 |
[1:29:22] | No, to Santiago de Compostela. | 不 到圣地亚哥德孔波斯特拉 |
[1:29:25] | You go the cathedral in Santiago | 到圣地亚哥的教堂 |
[1:29:27] | for the pilgrims’ mass and the blessing. | 参加的是大众朝圣及祈祷 |
[1:29:29] | You must continue across Galicia to the sea. | 你必须继续穿过 加利西亚到海边 |
[1:29:34] | There is a shrine in Muxia, | 木夏有个神龛 |
[1:29:37] | la Virgen de la barca. | 拉比尔亨 巴萨 |
[1:29:41] | Go there. | 到那里 |
[1:29:43] | Place the remains of your son in the water. | 把你儿子的骨灰 撒在水里 |
[1:29:49] | It is for him and… and for you. | 为了他也为了你 |
[1:29:55] | Ishmael, I’m not a very religious man. | 伊实玛 我不是一个非常虔诚的人 |
[1:29:59] | Religion has nothing to do with this. | 宗教和这个没有关系 |
[1:30:03] | Nothing at all. | 一点关系也没有 |
[1:30:29] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[1:30:30] | Ishmael, please, I can take it from him now. | 伊实玛 拜托了 我自己能拿 |
[1:30:33] | He will carry it to the very edge of town, not one step less. | 他要帮你拿到村子的边上 少一步也不行 |
[1:30:37] | But he couldn’t have known what was in the bag. | 但是他并不知道 包里有什么 |
[1:30:40] | Don’t you think you should cut him some slack? | 你不认为你应该 让他休息一下吗? |
[1:30:43] | And what if it were your son? | 如果是你的儿子你会怎样? |
[1:30:46] | Stealing is bad enough and wrong. | 偷窃已经够坏了 也是错的 |
[1:30:50] | But what my son did could have brought | 但是我儿子做的 |
[1:30:53] | more than shame to our community. | 给我们的团体 带来的不仅仅是耻辱 |
[1:30:55] | Ah, yes. You mean like a curse. | 噢 是的 你是说像诅咒一样吗? |
[1:30:57] | Please. The simple mention of it. | 拜托 简单带过就好 |
[1:31:38] | Our children, | 我们的孩子们 |
[1:31:40] | they are the very best and the very worst of us. | 对我们而言 是最好的 也是最坏的 |
[1:31:46] | Ishmael. | 没错 |
[1:31:52] | Adiós. Ygracias. | 再见 谢谢 |
[1:31:54] | Buen camino. | 一路顺风 |
[1:34:49] | Nah. No self-respecting pilgrim in the Camino | 不 没有自尊心的朝圣者 |
[1:34:52] | would ever stay in a parador. | 才会住在这种大饭店里 |
[1:34:53] | The decadence of it is absolutely appalling. | 这简直就是堕落 |
[1:34:56] | My treat. | 我买单 |
[1:34:58] | Really? | 真的? |
[1:35:00] | For all of us? | 所有人? |
[1:35:17] | – Ah. Hola. – Hola. | -嗨 你好 -你好 |
[1:35:18] | If you could, uh, just put it here. | 行的话就放在这儿 |
[1:35:21] | Uh, yes. Um… | 噢 可以 |
[1:35:24] | I need to have some laundry picked up. | 我需要客房服务 |
[1:35:26] | Some, uh, clothing needs to be washed. | 有些衣服要洗 |
[1:35:29] | Such a glorious morning here, | 多么脆弱的早晨的气息 |
[1:35:31] | which just heightens my sense of acute loneliness. | 更加深了我强烈的孤独感 |
[1:35:33] | There’s traffic on the Camino today, | 今天在朝圣途中 |
[1:35:34] | pilgrims queuing up to bear witness | 朝圣者们围观见证了 |
[1:35:36] | to the anxious state of a writer who’s forgotten how to… | 一位作家表现出令人担忧的情形 他已忘记如何 |
[1:35:39] | a writer who has… | 一个作家有点 |
[1:35:42] | lost his way. | 找不着北 |
[1:36:00] | A child. | 这个小孩 青年 |
[1:36:02] | A youth, not yet a man, | 还不是男人 |
[1:36:04] | no longer a child, | 却已经不是小孩 |
[1:36:06] | could not have known that of all the bags at his disposal, | 在他内容不明的背包里 |
[1:36:11] | the one he artfully made his own | 装着一件属于他自己 |
[1:36:13] | contained the most precious cargo of all, | 最珍贵的物品 |
[1:36:16] | the remains of Tom’s only son, Daniel. | 他的骨灰 他是汤姆的独子 丹尼尔 |
[1:36:28] | We all have a quest. Sarah’s is clear. | 我们都在寻找什么 沙拉非常明确 |
[1:36:31] | Tom’s is becoming clear, but Joost, | 汤姆的也开始明朗 但是约斯特 |
[1:36:33] | for whom kindness is an instinct, | 对他而言 初衷好极 |
[1:36:36] | is further away than ever. | 却早已抛诸脑后 |
[1:36:39] | Joost. | 却早已抛诸脑后 |
[1:37:10] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[1:37:15] | You gonna invite me in? | 不请我进来吗? |
[1:37:17] | Uh, sure. | 请进 |
[1:37:20] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[1:37:22] | Me, neither. | 我也是 |
[1:37:24] | Where’s Joost when you need him, eh? | 你需要约斯特的时候他上哪儿去了? |
[1:37:27] | Make yourself comfortable. | 随意就好 |
[1:37:40] | Didn’t know you were expecting company. | 不知道你在有访客 |
[1:37:43] | I’m not. | 没关系 |
[1:37:47] | Uh, hi. Could you direct me to the nearest albergue? | 你可以告诉我 哪里是最近的旅馆吗? |
[1:37:52] | Oh. | 噢 |
[1:37:54] | I seem to have interrupted something. | 我好象来的不是时候 |
[1:37:56] | Please, come in. | 请进来 |
[1:37:59] | Speak of the devil. | 魔鬼的谈话 |
[1:38:00] | Et voilá! | 瞧啊 |
[1:38:02] | I bought some licor de orujo. It’s from, uh, Galicia. | 我带了些奥鲁华酒来 |
[1:38:05] | It’s made of 18 different herbs, | 产自加利西亚的 用十八种不同药草做的 |
[1:38:08] | and they’re so secret, | 非常神秘 |
[1:38:09] | that they have to be squeezed by blind monks. | 必须要盲眼的僧侣亲手榨制 |
[1:38:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:16] | God save the queen and her fascist regime. | 上帝拯救女王和她的法西斯政权 |
[1:38:30] | – Is there any room at the inn? – You’re kidding me. | -这家旅馆还有空房间吗 -你玩我呢吧? |
[1:38:35] | Oh, hello. | 嗨 你好 |
[1:38:36] | Oh, lovely. This is so similar to my room. | 哦 真不错 这里和我的房间很像 |
[1:38:42] | – Voilá. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[1:38:44] | Ah, you’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[1:38:48] | Dear God. | 亲爱的上帝 |
[1:39:32] | – WOiBuen camino! – iBuen camino! | -卡米诺祝福你! -卡米诺祝福你! |
[1:40:25] | “Dear Lord, may this stone,” | “亲爱的上帝 希望这块石头” |
[1:40:29] | “a symbol of my efforts on the pilgrimage…” | “代表朝圣途中 我所有的付出” |
[1:40:37] | “a symbol of my efforts…” | “代表我的付出” |
[1:41:02] | “Dear Lord, | “亲爱的上帝 |
[1:41:03] | “may this stone,” | “希望这块石头 “ |
[1:41:05] | “a symbol of my efforts on the pilgrimage” | “代表朝圣途中的所有努力” |
[1:41:08] | “that I lay at the feet of the cross of the Savior” | “放在救世主的十字架脚下” |
[1:41:11] | “weigh the balance in favor of my good deeds that day” | “当我一生的行为将面临审判之日” |
[1:41:15] | “when the deeds of all my life are judged.” | “它会成为善行的天平那端最好的一件” |
[1:41:17] | “Let it be so.” Amen. | “顺其自然吧” 阿门 |
[1:42:02] | It’s a beautiful church, Jack. Have a look. | 很漂亮的教堂 杰克 去看看 |
[1:42:05] | Where I come from, the Church has a lot to answer for. | 在我的家乡 教堂承载很多的职责 |
[1:42:09] | Temples of tears, Tom. | 充满眼泪的教堂 汤姆 |
[1:42:11] | Don’t go in them anymore. | 我再也不想进去了 |
[1:42:25] | You’ve been taking an awful lot of notes. | 你已经收集了很多很棒的素材 |
[1:42:27] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:42:29] | End of your writer’s block? | 能打破你的写作瓶颈吗? |
[1:42:33] | – Thank you. – Glad to be of service. | -谢谢 -很高兴有所帮助 |
[1:42:36] | I trust you’ll treat us all kindly | 在这本书出版之时 |
[1:42:39] | when the book goes to the publisher. | 我相信你一定对我们美言有加 |
[1:42:40] | Oh, you know, the darker it is, the bigger the sales. | 你知道 写的越黑暗 越有市场 |
[1:42:43] | That’s what my editors will surely be asking for. | 那就是我的编辑想要的 |
[1:42:46] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:42:50] | You know, when I was an undergraduate | 你知道 我在都柏林圣三一学院 |
[1:42:53] | at Trinity College, Dublin, | 读研究生的时候 |
[1:42:55] | I wanted to be W.B. Yeats or James Joyce. | 我想成为威廉·巴特勒·叶芝 或者詹姆斯·乔伊斯 |
[1:42:59] | But good writers usually die broke, | 但是好的作家通常 不善而终 |
[1:43:02] | so after I left college, I wrote for travel mags. | 所以在我大学毕业后 我开始给旅游专栏写稿 |
[1:43:05] | Thought l’d do that for a while, | 虽然我写了很长时间 |
[1:43:07] | put some money away and then get down to the novel. | 也没想挣钱 然后开始写小说 |
[1:43:13] | 20 years later, here I am, | 20年后 我还在这里给 |
[1:43:15] | still writing for travel magazines. | 给旅游杂志写稿 |
[1:43:21] | I’m not feeling sorry for myself. | 我不会对自己感到遗憾 |
[1:43:24] | It’s the life I chose. | 这是我选择的生活 |
[1:43:30] | Jack, you write whatever you want about all this, | 杰克 你该写下所有这一切 |
[1:43:35] | what you saw, how you felt. | 你看到的 你感觉到的 |
[1:43:37] | You write it like it happened. | 写真实发生的 |
[1:43:40] | You write the truth. | 真情实感 |
[1:43:45] | I’ll do my best. | 我尽力而为 |
[1:43:50] | And after Santiago? Home? | 到了圣地亚哥以后怎样? 回家? |
[1:43:53] | Back to the real world? | 回到现实生活? |
[1:43:55] | If you want to call it that. | 如果你要这么表达的话 |
[1:43:58] | You know, Ishmael said that after Santiago, | 你知道 伊实玛说 到了圣地亚哥以后 |
[1:44:00] | I should take Daniel’s ashes to Muxia. | 我应该带丹尼尔的骨灰到木夏 |
[1:44:02] | What do you think about that, Boomer? | 你觉得怎么样 潮人? |
[1:44:04] | I don’t know, but he seemed to think it was very important that I go. | 我不知道 他好象觉得 去那里对我很重要 |
[1:44:07] | Oh, it’s all Gypsy hocus-pocus, man. | 噢 那都是吉普塞那套 朋友 |
[1:44:11] | Ah, you’re on your own, Tom. | 做你想做的好了 汤姆 |
[1:44:13] | Santiago is as far as this Dutchman is going. | 圣地亚哥和 这个荷兰人走的一样远 |
[1:44:16] | Me, too, mate. | 我也是 朋友 |
[1:44:18] | I been away for three months. I gotta get back. | 我已经离开三个月了 必须回去了 |
[1:44:21] | Santiago de Compostela for me, Tom, | 代我到圣地亚哥德孔波斯特拉 汤姆 |
[1:44:23] | it’s the end of the Camino for me, too. | 也代表我到卡米诺的尽头 |
[1:44:26] | And at the foot of Saint James, | 在圣·詹姆斯的脚下 |
[1:44:28] | I shall put these down once and for all. | 从今以后我应该放下这些 |
[1:44:32] | Uh, I’m sorry? | 啊 你是说? |
[1:44:34] | I swear. | 我发誓! |
[1:44:35] | Well, good luck with that. Yeah, yeah. | 好吧 祝你好运 |
[1:45:30] | Have to go in here and get our diplomas. | 终于到了 我们将在此获得我们的”凭信” |
[1:45:33] | Diplomas? | “凭信”? |
[1:45:34] | Ah, it’s called a Compostela. | 啊 就是德孔波斯特拉 |
[1:45:35] | We sign our name to the rolls, get our passport stamped as proof, | 我们的名字会被载入卷书 护照上加盖特别印花 |
[1:45:39] | and then we receive confirmation. | 以证明我们完成的朝圣之旅 |
[1:45:44] | -你好 -会讲西班牙语吗? – Hola. – Hablas espa帽ol? | |
[1:45:45] | No. | 不会 |
[1:45:48] | – English. – English. | -英语 -讲英语 |
[1:45:52] | WOCan I have your pass, pilgrim’s pass? | 请出示你的通行证 |
[1:45:53] | – Yeah, sure, sure, sure. Sure. – Oh, it’s beautiful. | -当然 当然 -噢 感觉太完美了 |
[1:45:55] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[1:45:56] | – Very green. – Your name is Joost… | 你的名字叫约斯特·的维? |
[1:45:58] | – Joost Michiel DeWitt. – Joost. Okay. | -约斯特·麦可·的维 -约斯特 好的 |
[1:46:00] | Sarah Marie Sinclair. | 沙拉·玛丽·新卡丽亚 |
[1:46:02] | Jack Emerson Stanton. | 杰克·爱默生·斯但腾 |
[1:46:04] | Thomas Avery. | 托马斯·爱维 |
[1:46:05] | Where did you start the Camino? | 你们从哪里开始徒步的? |
[1:46:07] | In Saint-Jean. | 圣·让德 |
[1:46:08] | In Saint-Jean-Pied… | 圣-让德-比 |
[1:46:10] | Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. Okay. | 圣让德港口 好吧 |
[1:46:11] | In Paris, Notre Dame. | 巴黎 圣母院 |
[1:46:12] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的? -嗯 嗯 |
[1:46:13] | Canada. | 加拿大 |
[1:46:15] | Have you walked the whole way? | 你们走完了全程吗? |
[1:46:16] | Yes, we did. Uh, I did. | 是的 我走完了 |
[1:46:19] | Unfortunately, yes. | 非常不幸 我走完了 |
[1:46:21] | So what is your reason for walking the Way? | 你是为什么来朝圣的 |
[1:46:24] | WOWhat are your reasons for having done this pilgrimage? | 你走朝圣之路 的原因是什么? |
[1:46:27] | Um, I mean, do you have some kind | 我是说 是宗教还是 |
[1:46:30] | of religious or spiritual motivation or… | 神灵的召唤 还是 |
[1:46:33] | Religious, yes. | 宗教 |
[1:46:35] | I mean, uh… | 我是说 |
[1:46:40] | Leprechauns. | 妖精 |
[1:46:41] | I was, uh, looking for leprechauns at the end of the road. | 我在路的尽头寻找妖精 |
[1:46:44] | I, um, I needed to lose weight. | 我需要减肥 |
[1:46:46] | Um, well, uh… | 这样 |
[1:46:49] | It’s also because my…my wife | 是因为我的 |
[1:46:52] | didn’t want to sleep with me anymore, | 妻子再也不肯跟我上床 |
[1:46:54] | but it’s because I’m…I’m too fat. | 因为我太胖了 |
[1:46:55] | I… | 我 |
[1:46:58] | thought that I… | 我还以为我 |
[1:47:00] | I should probably travel more. | 我应该多点旅游 |
[1:47:05] | I was a writer, | 我是作家 |
[1:47:07] | I stopped writing, | 我停止写作 |
[1:47:08] | and now I’m writing again. | 现在又重新开始 |
[1:47:10] | It’s passport with the official stamp of the cathedral, | 你的护照 盖上了大教堂的官方图章 |
[1:47:15] | and this is your Compostela. | 这是你的德孔波斯特拉 |
[1:47:19] | It’s in Latin. | 拉丁文的 |
[1:47:20] | It’s all written in Latin | 用拉丁文书写 |
[1:47:21] | because this document dates from the Middle Ages. | 是因为这份文件来自于中世纪 |
[1:47:24] | Uh, I’m terribly sorry. | 呃 我非常抱歉 |
[1:47:28] | Um, I gave you the wrong name. | 我给错名字了 |
[1:47:31] | Yeah, but l’ve already entered it, you know. | 但是我已经写好了 |
[1:47:35] | I see that, but, um, could you please change it? | 我知道 但是 麻烦你改一下好吗? |
[1:47:43] | Okay, as you wish. | 好吧 如你所愿 |
[1:47:47] | – Name, please? – Daniel Avery. | -名字? -丹尼尔·爱维 |
[1:47:56] | Okay. Here you are. | 好了 给你 |
[1:48:03] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:48:04] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[1:48:41] | Ah, well, I’m here, ain’t I? | 哦 好了 我们现在到了 |
[1:48:51] | It’s the Portico of Glory. | 这是荣耀柱廊 |
[1:48:53] | It’s him, Saint James. | 啊 是他 圣雅各 |
[1:48:57] | Um, tradition commands | 传统要求朝圣者 |
[1:48:59] | that pilgrims approach the statue on their knees. | 膝行到圣像前 |
[1:49:03] | El Cid, Saint Francis, | 艾尔西德 圣方济 |
[1:49:06] | Von Eyck, | 凡埃克 |
[1:49:08] | kings, queens, millions of pilgrims, | 国王们 王后们以及千百万朝圣者 |
[1:49:11] | they all collapsed to their knees out of gratitude. | 莫不因感激而屈下双膝 |
[1:55:11] | Writers, | 作家们 |
[1:55:12] | they always want the last word. | 他们都想要最后的话 |
[1:55:15] | But this… | 但是这次 |
[1:55:39] | This was never about quitting these things. | 此行目的可不是为了要摆脱这些的 |
[1:55:43] | But you knew that. | 不过你们懂的 |
[1:55:53] | I needed a new suit anyway. | 反正我都要买一套新的西装 |