时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:39] | Presenting tonight’s Atlas Awards, Adam Lyons. | 有请今晚阿特拉斯大奖的颁奖人 亚当·莱昂斯 |
[00:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[00:52] | At Kennedy and Collins where I work in New York, | 在我供职的纽约肯尼迪柯林斯公司 |
[00:54] | we have a saying | 我们有句老话 |
[00:56] | “the only thing better than great sex | “唯一比性爱还要爽的 |
[00:58] | is a great AD campaign.” | 就是一个成功的广告” |
[01:00] | So when I was asked to come to Pittsburgh | 所以当我获邀到匹兹堡 |
[01:03] | to help choose the adperson of the year, | 来挑选今年的最佳广告人 |
[01:05] | what I was looking for was someone who could give great ad. | 我想寻找的 是一个能做出最精彩的广告的人 |
[01:09] | Someone whose work would make me stand up and take notice. | 一个凭作品能让我兴奋并注意的人 |
[01:12] | Well, after reviewing this year’s entries, | 在看过今年所有的作品之后 |
[01:16] | I believe we found him. | 我相信我已经找到了 |
[01:19] | This year’s Atlas Award | 今年的阿特拉斯大奖 |
[01:20] | for Pittsburgh’s adperson of the year goes to… | 匹兹堡最佳广告人 获奖者是 |
[01:25] | Brian Kinney. | 布莱恩·肯尼 |
[01:26] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[01:28] | Go and get him, tiger. | 快去拿下他 小老虎 |
[01:31] | The award, I mean. | 我是指那个奖杯 |
[01:48] | Care to test that saying? | 想验证下那句老话对不对吗 |
[02:24] | I was standing there with my dick out, | 我站在那儿 鸡巴露在外面 |
[02:25] | when this guy at the urinal next to me started cruising me. | 尿池边的那家伙开始打量我 |
[02:28] | Did you cruise him back? | 那你反过来打量他了吗 |
[02:30] | No. | 没有 |
[02:31] | So you did nothing to make him think you were looking for sex? | 所以你没有做出任何让他觉得你想找人做爱的举动 |
[02:34] | I just wanted to take a piss. | 我不过想尿尿 |
[02:36] | Same thing happened to this guy from my gym. | 我们健身房的一个家伙也碰到了这种事 |
[02:38] | He was out walking his dog, starts talking to some guy, | 他在遛狗 然后和某人聊了两句 |
[02:40] | who invites him back to his place. | 那人邀请他回家 |
[02:42] | Next thing you know, he’s busted. | 接下来 他就被抓起来了 |
[02:44] | They can really do that? | 他们真的可以这么干吗 |
[02:45] | They can do whatever the hell they want. | 他们想干什么就干什么 |
[02:47] | Fuck that. | 去他妈的 |
[02:48] | Better fight it. | 最好奋起反抗 |
[02:50] | You don’t put any ideas in his head. | 别给他出馊主意 |
[02:51] | You wanted me to fight for the Gay-straight Alliance at school. | 你让我为学校里的同直联盟而斗争了啊 |
[02:54] | This is different. | 这是不一样的 |
[02:55] | You’re 18 and you’re healthy. | 你才18岁 而且身体健康 |
[02:57] | What are our other options? | 还有什么办法吗 |
[02:58] | To plead guilty. | 承认有罪 |
[03:02] | Would he have to go to jail? | 他会进监狱吗 |
[03:04] | No, not for a first offense. | 不 因为是初犯 不会的 |
[03:05] | I mean, you’d pay a fine. | 你要交罚款 |
[03:06] | I’ll take it. | 我接受吧 |
[03:08] | Pay the $2.00 and be done with it. | 付两块钱 然后让这事过去 |
[03:10] | And it will be on your record. Permanently. | 但这会在你的记录上 永久性的 |
[03:12] | What, you mean as a sex offender? | 什么意思 他成了个性犯罪者吗 |
[03:14] | Oh, will they make him register with the police and everything? | 他们会让他去警局登记备案什么的吗 |
[03:16] | Yeah, they will. | 是的 会的 |
[03:18] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[03:21] | There goes my shot at the supreme court. | 这下是不可能闹进最高法院了 |
[03:23] | You could plead not guilty. | 你可以做无罪辩护 |
[03:25] | One more word out of you… | 你再多说一句 |
[03:26] | Well, that would involve going to trial. | 那就需要庭审 |
[03:27] | You’d have to get up in front of a jury, | 你需要去面对陪审团 |
[03:30] | and some young, aggressive, prosecutor from the D.A.’s office | 某个年轻激进的地方检察官 |
[03:32] | would cross-examine you, | 会交叉讯问你 |
[03:34] | the cop who arrested you would be sitting in the front row… | 逮捕你的那个警察会坐在第一排 |
[03:37] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[03:39] | He can’t take any more stress. | 他无法承受更大的压力了 |
[03:41] | So you have a misdemeanor on your record. | 就算你会有个轻罪记录 |
[03:43] | Who’s going to know? | 谁又会知道呢 |
[03:44] | He will. | 他自己会知道 |
[03:49] | So what the hell are you doing in Pittsburgh? | 你他妈在匹兹堡干什么 |
[03:52] | – What? – You’re too good for Pittsburgh. | -什么 -你在匹兹堡太屈才了 |
[03:54] | You should be in New York. | 你应该去纽约 |
[03:57] | Yeah, but for what I pay here, | 好吧 但我在这里出同样的钱 |
[03:58] | I have a loft the size of a city block. | 可以住得起豪华宽敞的阁楼 |
[04:01] | And there, I’d have a closet in Queens. | 在纽约皇后区 只够租衣柜那么小的房间 |
[04:03] | Wouldn’t believe the salaries they’re paying in the city these days. | 你一定不敢相信现在城里开的薪水有多高 |
[04:06] | I’m 27. | 我才27岁 |
[04:07] | I just bought an amazing duplex, in SOHO. | 我刚在纽约苏豪区买了套双层公寓 |
[04:11] | Wow, so… we’re the same age. | 那 看来我们同龄 |
[04:14] | You know, in fact, that there’s an opening at my agency. | 实际上 我们公司有个职位 |
[04:17] | At your level. | 恰好是你这个层级的 |
[04:18] | And you’ve clearly got experience | 你显然很有经验 |
[04:20] | Andyou’re an award winner. | 何况你还是大奖的获得者 |
[04:23] | I’d be happy to put in a good word for you. | 我很愿意为你美言几句 |
[04:31] | Is there anything else you’d be… happy to do? | 你还愿意做点 别的事吗 |
[04:47] | What’re you doing sitting in the dark? | 你坐在黑暗里干什么呢 |
[04:49] | Thinking. | 思考 |
[04:51] | How’s Vic? | 维克怎么样了 |
[04:52] | Okay, considering he just got out of jail. | 还行吧 毕竟他刚从看守所出来 |
[05:00] | I got a call from Lori. | 洛丽给我打了电话 |
[05:01] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[05:02] | She and Gary are getting a divorce. | 她和加里准备离婚 |
[05:05] | That’s too bad. | 真是太遗憾了 |
[05:07] | You know, these straight couples cannot make their marriages work. | 那些异性恋就是无法好好维持婚姻 |
[05:11] | Hank’s pretty upset. | 汉克很难过 |
[05:14] | Well, yeah, I guess he must be. | 是啊 这是肯定的 |
[05:18] | She said he’s not speaking to her, | 洛丽说汉克现在不和她说话 |
[05:19] | He’s ditching class, his grades stink, | 他开始逃课 成绩下滑 |
[05:22] | He’s even quit the hockey team. | 他还退出了冰球队 |
[05:24] | He’s not doing drugs, is he? | 他没有在吸毒吧 |
[05:25] | No, she doesn’t think so. | 没 洛丽觉得没有 |
[05:26] | He’s just fucking angry. | 他就是非常愤怒 |
[05:30] | And it’s because of me. | 都是我的错 |
[05:32] | Did he say that? | 他这么说的吗 |
[05:33] | No, I did. | 没有 我说的 |
[05:37] | This’ll make the second dad that he’s lost. | 这是他失去的第二个爸爸了 |
[05:45] | So, what’s the plan? | 那你准备怎么办 |
[05:47] | The plan? | 怎么办 |
[05:48] | A real trip would accomplish a lot more than a guilt trip. | 亲自去一趟可比你在这里内疚有用得多 |
[05:50] | Should I make a reservation? | 要我帮你订票吗 |
[05:52] | I already did. | 我已经订了 |
[05:56] | There’s a red-eye out of Chicago with a connection | 有个红眼航班 在芝加哥转机 |
[05:58] | that’ll put me in Portland first thing in the morning. | 然后一大早到波特兰 |
[06:02] | I figure the sooner I get there… | 我觉得我越早去… |
[06:04] | Well, who says you’re not a great dad? | 谁说你不是个好爸爸的 |
[06:08] | Dropping every- thing at a moment’s notice | 想都不想抛下一切 |
[06:10] | to fly across the country to be with your kid? | 飞越半个国家去陪你儿子 |
[06:15] | So, when’ll you be back? | 那你什么时候回来 |
[06:16] | Soon as I can. | 尽快 |
[06:20] | This’ll be the first time we’ve been apart. | 这将是我们第一次分开 |
[06:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:26] | It’s gonna be weird, you not being here. | 你不在我身边 会感觉怪怪的 |
[06:32] | Promise me you’ll miss me? | 你保证会想我吗 |
[06:35] | A lot. | 很想 |
[06:46] | Ah, if you see anything in there for an accountant | 如果你在上面看到招聘会计的广告 |
[06:48] | that includes world travel and an unlimited expense account, | 需要全球出差 且报销无上限 |
[06:50] | let me know. | 告诉我一声 |
[06:51] | First I have to find a job for myself. | 首先我得给自己先找到份工作 |
[06:54] | Any possibilities? | 有什么机会吗 |
[06:56] | Sure, but they all want training, | 有 但是所有的都要培训 |
[06:59] | experience, references. | 经验 推荐 |
[07:00] | Who’s going to hire a crystal freak? | 谁会雇一个吸毒者呢 |
[07:02] | Former crystal freak. | 曾经的吸毒者 |
[07:05] | Give yourself a little credit | 你做了这么多积极的努力 |
[07:06] | for all the positive steps you’ve been taking. Okay? | 别太妄自菲薄了 好吗 |
[07:08] | Thanks to you. | 多亏了你 |
[07:13] | Hello, young lovers. | 一对年轻的恋人来了 |
[07:20] | There’s the guys, come on. | 他们在那边 我们过去吧 |
[07:23] | Ted Schmidt, | 泰德·施密特 |
[07:24] | happy at last. | 终于得到了幸福 |
[07:26] | It’s fucking unbelievable. | 真他妈难以置信 |
[07:27] | Uh, yeah, who would’ve guessed? | 是啊 谁能想得到呢 |
[07:29] | Yeah. Could you just keep the passion to a minimum? | 好了 你能不能把激情控制在最低程度 |
[07:31] | I have a boyfriend out of town and no means for release. | 我男友刚走 正无处发泄 |
[07:35] | Have you guys seen the new waiter? | 你们看到那个新来的服务生了吗 |
[07:41] | Yowza! | 天呐 |
[07:43] | You call that hot? | 你觉得这也叫帅吗 |
[07:43] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[07:45] | At your age, I guess you would. | 你这年龄 也许会这么想 |
[07:47] | Oh, at your age you wouldn’t? | 你这年纪就不会了吗 |
[07:48] | I’ve moved beyond that. | 我已经过了那个阶段了 |
[07:50] | Since when? | 从什么时候开始的 |
[07:51] | Since last night. | 从昨天晚上开始的 |
[07:53] | I did the hottest guy… | 我操了最帅的一个男人 |
[07:55] | in days. | 最近几天最帅的 |
[07:57] | He’s an AD exec from New York. | 他是个纽约一个广告公司的经理 |
[07:58] | He said I’m too good for Pittsburgh | 他说我待在匹兹堡太屈才了 |
[07:59] | and that I’m wasting my time here. | 我在这儿就是浪费时间 |
[08:01] | He thinks I should be there. | 他觉得我应该去纽约 |
[08:02] | I bet he says that to all the boys. | 我估计他对所有人都这么说 |
[08:03] | He said… there’s a job at his agency that I’d be perfect for. | 他说 他们公司有个职位 我是完美人选 |
[08:10] | I faxed him my resume. | 我把我的简历传真过去了 |
[08:12] | You’re not serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[08:13] | You don’t think so? | 你不相信吗 |
[08:14] | So if you get this job, you’re leaving? | 如果你得到这份工作 你就准备走了 |
[08:16] | Not “if”, “when”. | 不是”如果” 是早晚问题 |
[08:29] | Do you think he really meant it? | 你觉得他是认真的吗 |
[08:31] | He’s really going to go? | 他真的会去吗 |
[08:34] | Of course not. | 当然不是了 |
[08:35] | He’s probably just boasting ’cause some… | 说不定他只是在说大话 因为… |
[08:37] | big shot from New York is complimenting him. | 纽约来的某个大人物夸了他几句 |
[08:39] | And the bright lights of Broadway beckon. | 他就觉得百老汇的灯光在向他挥手了 |
[08:41] | I don’t know, he sounded pretty serious. | 我不知道 他好像挺认真的 |
[08:43] | He even sent him his resume. | 他都把简历传真过去了 |
[08:44] | You know where that’s going to end up, don’t you? | 你知道结果是什么的 不是吗 |
[08:46] | On the bottom of some pile. Mine always do. | 也就在那儿当个小角色而已 经常是这种情况 |
[08:48] | Yeah, probably a thousand other guys | 是啊 说不定有成百上千的人 |
[08:50] | clamouring for the very same job. | 都在抢那一个岗位呢 |
[08:52] | No, trust me, he’s never going to hear from them again. | 相信我 他绝对不可能收到回音 |
[08:54] | Oh, shoot, there’s a call. | 有电话进来了 |
[08:56] | All right, I’ll talk to you guys later. | 好吧 我晚点和你们联系 |
[08:57] | – Okay. – Bye. | -好的 -拜 |
[08:58] | So what’s going on with that whole Vic thing? | 维克那事现在是什么情况 |
[09:01] | You called? | 你打过电话给我吗 |
[09:02] | Yeah, thanks for returning. | 是的 多谢你的回电 |
[09:04] | Listen, Blake is looking for a job | 是这样的 布雷克在找工作 |
[09:07] | and he’s interested in becoming a paralegal. | 他想当一个律师助理 |
[09:09] | And I thought possibly you might have an opening at your firm? | 所以我想 你们公司有没有可能在招人呢 |
[09:11] | God, you are so in luck. | 老天 你运气太好了 |
[09:13] | One of our assistants just quit this morning. | 一个助理今天早上刚辞职了 |
[09:16] | He could start right away. | 他可以立刻就来上班 |
[09:18] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[09:18] | Of course not. | 当然假的 |
[09:20] | What do you think? Jobs are just falling off trees? | 你想什么呢 天上掉工作吗 |
[09:23] | All right, no need to get cunty. | 你用不着这么贱地笑话别人吧 |
[09:25] | Just thought I’d ask. | 我就想问问而已 |
[09:26] | Although… he is a nice guy and he did help Vic out. | 虽然他人确实不错 而且也帮了维克的忙 |
[09:29] | You know, maybe we could take him on as a temp for a couple weeks, | 也许我们可以先把他当临时雇员试用几周 |
[09:31] | See how he does and find him a referral. | 看他干得怎么样 然后再推荐一下 |
[09:34] | That’d be great. | 那太好了 |
[09:36] | And, uh, Mel? You’re not really, you know. | 对了 茉儿 你并不算…你懂的 |
[09:40] | I know, you are. | 我知道 你才贱 |
[09:57] | For you. | 给你的 |
[10:01] | A pecan pie? | 山胡桃派 |
[10:02] | Well, whenever my mother paid a visit | 每次我妈来看我的时候 |
[10:05] | she always brought along a pecan pie. | 她总会带山胡桃派来 |
[10:07] | Of course, this one’s from the supermarket. | 当然了 这个是超市买的 |
[10:10] | She baked her own. | 她会自己烤 |
[10:13] | Her pies were so… | 她烤的派真的很… |
[10:16] | awful… you know. | 难吃 |
[10:17] | No one really noticed though, | 不过没人注意到 |
[10:19] | ’cause she was such a chatterbox. | 因为她就是个话匣子 |
[10:21] | That’s what everyone called her, “chatterbox”. | 大家都这么叫她的 话匣子 |
[10:23] | I suppose I’m like her in that regard. | 这方面我觉得我倒是和她很像 |
[10:25] | Real little chatterbox. | 绝对的小话匣子 |
[10:27] | I never noticed. | 我倒是没注意到 |
[10:29] | Yeah, whenever any- thing was happening in the neighbourhood, | 每次 只要邻居一发生什么事 |
[10:32] | you could always count on Enid to be right there with her pie. | 你绝对会看到伊妮德拿着派出现 |
[10:37] | So, uh… | 那么 |
[10:39] | so, is anything happening? | 现在有什么情况吗 |
[10:41] | Yeah, I’m taking out the garbage. | 有啊 我在处理垃圾 |
[10:44] | I mean about your upcoming court appearance. | 我是说 你即将出庭受审的事 |
[10:51] | I plan to plead guilty. | 我打算认罪 |
[10:53] | Please don’t. | 拜托不要 |
[10:55] | Look, it’s got nothing to do with you. | 听着 这和你一点关系都没有 |
[10:58] | No, that’s where you’re wrong. | 不 这么想你就错了 |
[10:59] | It has everything to do with me, with all of us. | 这和我大有关系 和大家都有关系 |
[11:02] | Because i-it could happen to any of us. | 因为 这事有可能发生在我们任何人身上 |
[11:04] | Well, it didn’t happen to any of you. It happened to me. | 可并没有发生在你们身上 出事的是我 |
[11:07] | By not fighting, you’re letting them know | 可如果你不抗争的话 他们就会以为 |
[11:09] | that they can keep getting away with this. | 他们每次都可以逃脱惩罚 |
[11:11] | I’m sick. | 我身患重病 |
[11:13] | You’re also innocent. | 可你也是无辜的 |
[11:15] | Who gives a shit? | 谁会在乎呢 |
[11:18] | The cops, the d.A.? | 警方或地检官吗 |
[11:20] | I was hoping you. | 我希望你在乎 |
[11:22] | Or me. | 或者我自己 |
[11:23] | I just want it over. | 我只想一切都快点结束 |
[11:25] | So I can bring out the trash in peace and quiet. | 那样我就可以平静地当垃圾处理工了 |
[11:28] | As a registered sex offender. | 作为一个记录在案的性犯罪者吗 |
[11:31] | Jesus Christ. | 老天 |
[11:33] | Do you have to broadcast it? | 你用得着大声广播这件事吗 |
[11:34] | Everyone’s going to know anyway. | 反正大家迟早都会知道 |
[11:37] | Fine. Then I’ll just have to live with it. | 很好 那我就只能学着忍受了 |
[11:44] | That’s just what, uh, what Mr. Pettigrew said. | 这和佩蒂格鲁先生说的一模一样 |
[11:48] | Who? | 谁 |
[11:49] | Mr. Pettigrew. | 佩蒂格鲁先生 |
[11:52] | A high school teacher back home in Hazelhurst. | 我在哈泽赫斯时的高中老师 |
[11:55] | He was accused of exposing himself to one of his students. | 他被控告对他的一个学生露下体 |
[11:59] | He swore it wasn’t true, that the kid was lying | 他发誓那不是真的 说那个孩子在说谎 |
[12:01] | ’cause he flunked him. | 因为他让那个学生挂科了 |
[12:04] | And I suppose you’re going to tell me he was beaten to death, | 我想你接下来是不是要告诉我他被打死了 |
[12:07] | or hung himself in his jail cell. | 或者在监狱上吊自杀了 |
[12:09] | No, no. | 不是的 |
[12:11] | No, he went to live with | 不 他搬去默尔迪恩市 |
[12:12] | his spinster sister in Meridian. | 和他的老处女姐姐一起生活了 |
[12:16] | When he died a few years later, | 几年之后 他去世的时候 |
[12:18] | they say he put in his will | 据说他在遗嘱里写着 |
[12:21] | that he didn’t want his name on his tombstone… | 他不想把自己的名字刻在墓碑上 |
[12:25] | because it was worthless. | 因为那毫无价值 |
[12:40] | Don’t go. | 别去 |
[12:41] | You can’t go. | 你不能去 |
[12:44] | What’re you gonna do without me? | 没有我在身边你该怎么办 |
[12:47] | I don’t know, I guess I’ll survive. | 不知道 估计我能活下来 |
[12:51] | I doubt it. | 我深表怀疑 |
[12:55] | What about me? | 那我呢 |
[12:58] | I’m sure you’ll get along just fine on your own. | 我赶肯定你自己也可以过得很好 |
[13:01] | No, I won’t. | 不 不会的 |
[13:03] | Yeah, you will. | 你会的 |
[13:05] | You’re going to do what you should’ve done a long time ago, | 你要做一件你早就该做的事 |
[13:08] | You’re going to meet some twinkie your own age. | 你会认识一些和你同龄的小鲜肉 |
[13:11] | What do you think I want with some kid who doesn’t know shit? | 我为何要和那些什么都不懂的小朋友交往 |
[13:17] | I need to take a shower. | 我要去洗澡了 |
[13:19] | Go. | 去吧 |
[13:20] | Go take your shower. | 去洗你的澡 |
[13:22] | Go to New York. Go to your new life. | 去纽约 去过你的新生活 |
[13:26] | In a year, probably not even that long… | 一年之后 说不定都用不了这么久 |
[13:29] | you won’t even remember my name. | 你就会把我的名字也忘了 |
[13:31] | Oh, what happened to that kid who wouldn’t leave me alone? | 一直缠着我不放 自以为深爱我的 |
[13:33] | who thought he was in love with me? | 那个小孩怎么样了 |
[13:36] | If you fucking think of me at all. | 说不定你他妈都不会想起我 |
[13:42] | I won’t. | 是的 |
[13:47] | I won’t think of you. | 我不会想起你 |
[13:53] | When I walk out that door, | 当我走出那扇门的时候 |
[13:55] | I don’t plan on ever looking back. | 我绝对不会回头 |
[14:01] | And I expect you to do the same. | 我希望你也能做到 |
[14:47] | It’s the perfect interview suit. | 这套西装太适合去面试了 |
[14:49] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[14:50] | Trust your boyfriend. He’s got a good eye. | 相信你男朋友 他眼光很好 |
[14:53] | There, you’re all set. So I’ll go ring this up. | 好了 弄好了 我去打账单 |
[15:36] | What are you doing? | 你干什么啊 |
[15:38] | I thought maybe you could use a little hand with your pants here. | 我想着你可能需要人帮你脱裤子 |
[15:44] | – I’m a… a big boy and… – I’ll help you out… | -我不是小孩子了 -我来帮你 |
[15:46] | I can dress and… undress myself. | 我可以自己换衣服的 |
[15:49] | But all these pins. | 但是有这么多别针呢 |
[15:51] | I mean, you know, you might get pricked. | 你也许会被扎伤呢 |
[15:54] | See? | 瞧吧 |
[15:56] | Be careful. | 小心点 |
[15:58] | Careful | 小心点 |
[16:07] | Let’s go for it. | 我们来干一炮吧 |
[16:09] | In here? | 在这里吗 |
[16:10] | What if we get caught? | 要是被人发现了呢 |
[16:12] | That’s the fun part. | 那才有意思嘛 |
[16:42] | You doing okay in there? | 你们在里面没问题吧 |
[16:45] | – Fine. – Great. | -没事 -好极了 |
[16:47] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[16:48] | Here, give her these. | 把这个给她 |
[16:52] | D-done with these. | 试完这套了 |
[16:57] | Uh, take all the time you need, boys. | 慢慢来 不着急 小伙子们 |
[16:58] | Oh, we will. | 我们会的 |
[17:16] | This is not the report I expected. | 这不是我想要的报告 |
[17:18] | I have to have my client… | 我必须让我的当事人.. |
[17:20] | Try and relax. | 放松一点 |
[17:22] | I just want to get out of here. | 我只想离开这儿 |
[17:26] | Okay, here’s the police report. | 好了 这是警方报告 |
[17:29] | The cop’s got lousy handwriting and his spelling’s atrocious. | 那警察的字难看得要死 好多词还不会拼 |
[17:32] | So you might want to crack out your reading glasses. | 我估计你得戴近视眼镜看了 |
[17:39] | Another joy of middle age. | 中年人的又一”乐趣” |
[17:50] | This isn’t what happened. | 真实情况不是这样的 |
[17:51] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[17:54] | “The suspect un- zipped his pants and exposed himself.” | “嫌犯拉开自己的裤子拉链 然后露出下体” |
[17:57] | God, I was peeing. | 天 我当时在尿尿啊 |
[17:59] | “Suspect began masturbating his half-erect penis.” | “嫌犯开始对其半勃起的阴茎进行手淫” |
[18:02] | I never did. | 我绝对没有 |
[18:06] | “Suspect said, what are you into?” | “嫌犯说 你喜欢什么玩法” |
[18:08] | I never said that, the cop did. | 那不是我说的 是那个警察说的 |
[18:10] | Okay, are you sure? | 好的 你确定吗 |
[18:13] | Because sometimes you can play an incident | 因为有时候你会在脑海中 |
[18:15] | over in your mind so many times, | 不断回放多次事情的经过 |
[18:17] | that you forget what really happened. | 以至于你忘了真实情况是怎样的 |
[18:21] | I was there. | 我亲身经历的 |
[18:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:26] | In the matter of “the people versus Victor Grassi”, | 维克多·格拉西公诉案 |
[18:29] | Is counsel ready to enter a plea? | 辩护律师准备好申辩了吗 |
[18:31] | Yes, your honour. | 是的 法官大人 |
[18:36] | We plead… | 我们申请… |
[18:38] | not guilty. | 无罪辩护 |
[18:42] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[18:44] | Thank you, god. | 谢谢你 上帝 |
[18:53] | You put me on that stand, | 你让我站上证人席位 |
[18:54] | I’ll tell that whole courtroom how that fucking cop is lying. | 我要告诉整个法庭那个死警察在撒谎 |
[18:58] | You’re damn right you will. | 你绝对会的 |
[18:59] | Only it’ll just be your word against his. | 到时候只会公说公有理婆说婆有理 |
[19:02] | But I’ll see what I can dig up. | 但我会试着找到证据的 |
[19:07] | Sounds like this could get expensive. | 听起来收费会很高 |
[19:09] | Oh, don’t… no, no, don’t worry. | 不不不 不用担心 |
[19:11] | I’m taking this case pro bono. | 我把这案子作为无偿法援来办 |
[19:12] | Bono? | 波诺 |
[19:13] | Like Sonny Bono? | 索尼·波诺那个姓氏吗 |
[19:15] | It means “for free”, mother. | 那是免费的意思 妈妈 |
[19:17] | Oh, no fucking way. | 不可能 |
[19:19] | Absolutely not. We insist on paying you. | 绝对不行 我们一定要付你报酬 |
[19:21] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[19:23] | All right, you can pay, in babysitting. | 好吧 你们就通过帮我看孩子来付吧 |
[19:25] | And I’m not just talking watching him sleep. | 不仅仅是哄他睡觉 |
[19:27] | I’m talking changing his huggies, the works! | 要包含换尿布等工作 |
[19:29] | Okay, we accept. | 没问题 我们接受 |
[19:32] | And… and… and Justin can help. | 贾斯汀也能帮忙 |
[19:33] | Right, sunshine? | 对吧 小阳光 |
[19:34] | Hmm? Sure. | 什么 好 |
[19:44] | I’m glad you decided to fight, Vic. | 我很高兴你决定要抗争 维克 |
[19:57] | What’s wrong with him? | 他这是怎么了 |
[19:58] | Brian’s moving to New York. | 布莱恩要搬去纽约 |
[20:01] | It’s the end of the world as he knows it. | 对他来说就像世界末日一样 |
[20:12] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[20:14] | It was your room first. | 这本来就是你的房间 |
[20:22] | He’s not moving to New York. | 他不会搬去纽约的 |
[20:25] | He’s sure talking like he is. | 他说得跟真的一样 |
[20:27] | He flew this morning for an interview. | 他今天早上飞过去面试了 |
[20:28] | Well, there’s no harm in taking a meeting. | 面试一下也无所谓 |
[20:31] | Besides, I’ve known him a lot longer than you have. | 再说了 我认识他的时间比你久多了 |
[20:35] | He may bitch and moan about Pittsburgh but… | 他或许经常抱怨匹兹堡这不好那不好 但是 |
[20:37] | but there’s no way he’d stop being top dog to be one of the pack. | 但他绝不会放弃当鸡头 甘当凤尾 |
[20:41] | Then why’s he putting his place up for sale? | 那他为什么要卖房子呢 |
[20:44] | What? | 什么 |
[20:47] | He called a real estate agent. | 他联系了一个房产经纪人 |
[20:54] | We should stop him. | 我们应该阻止他 |
[20:56] | Yeah, stop Brian. | 阻止布莱恩 |
[20:58] | Right. Next we can take on starbucks. | 是啊 接下来我们都能跟星巴克对着干了 |
[21:02] | Well, we can’t just let him leave. | 我们不能让他走 |
[21:04] | We don’t have a choice. | 我们没有选择 |
[21:07] | Besides, everyone has the right to decide | 何况 每个人都有权利决定 |
[21:08] | how they want to live their life. | 自己的生活方式 |
[21:13] | Look at you. | 比如说你 |
[21:15] | You decided to leave home, and… | 你决定离家出走 然后… |
[21:18] | I bet nothing could have changed your mind. | 我敢说当时没有任何东西能改变你的想法 |
[21:22] | It’s the same with Brian. | 对布莱恩来说也一样 |
[21:26] | I love him, Michael. | 我爱他 迈克 |
[21:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[21:33] | All the more reason why you have to let him go. | 所以你更要放手让他离开 |
[21:37] | Just like that? | 就这样吗 |
[21:39] | Yeah, just like that. | 没错 就这样 |
[21:42] | You must not care very much. | 你肯定一点都不在乎 |
[21:47] | I care more than you will ever know. | 我在乎的程度是你无法想象的 |
[22:01] | Hello? | 喂 |
[22:04] | Hi. Did I wake you? | 嗨 我吵醒你了吗 |
[22:08] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[22:11] | What time is it there? | 你那边几点 |
[22:13] | Uh, I think it’s around 10:30. | 大概10点半 |
[22:18] | It’s three hours later here. | 我这边要再加3小时 |
[22:20] | Is everything okay? | 一切顺利吗 |
[22:22] | Everything’s fine. | 一切顺利 |
[22:24] | Hank was really glad to see me. | 汉克见到我真得很开心 |
[22:29] | I knew it was a good idea you went. | 我就知道你该去 |
[22:32] | How you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[22:36] | I’m missing you. | 我很想你 |
[22:38] | It’s lonely in this bed. | 一个在这张床上很孤单 |
[22:41] | It’s lonely here too. | 我在这里也很孤单 |
[22:43] | I was dreaming about you when you called. | 我刚刚正梦到你 然后你就打电话来了 |
[22:46] | What was I doing? | 梦里我在做什么 |
[22:48] | I’m not telling. | 不告诉你 |
[22:50] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[22:51] | I had the same dream. | 我也做了一样的梦 |
[22:54] | I was sucking your cock. | 我在给你舔屌 |
[22:57] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[22:58] | And it was… really… hard. | 它 真的很硬 |
[23:04] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[23:09] | I guess I was really hard too. | 我也很硬 |
[23:14] | That’s just like my dream. | 跟我梦到的一模一样呢 |
[23:16] | You were rubbing your dick up against me, | 你正用你的鸡巴在我身上蹭来蹭去 |
[23:19] | And I was asking you to put it inside me. | 我叫你插我 |
[23:27] | You want me to put it inside you? | 你想让我插进去吗 |
[23:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:32] | How much? | 有多想 |
[23:34] | A lot. | 非常想 |
[23:36] | Give it to me. | 进来吧 |
[23:39] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[23:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:47] | Please… | 求你了 |
[23:48] | I’m putting it inside you. | 我正慢慢插到你的身体里 |
[23:53] | Oh, god. | 天呐 |
[23:56] | Oh, yeah. | 好爽 |
[23:57] | I’m fucking you. | 我在操你 |
[24:00] | I’m fucking you. | 我在操你 |
[24:21] | So when the fuck did you plan on telling me? | 你他妈本来打算什么时候才告诉我 |
[24:23] | I would send you a change of address. | 我会寄给你新地址 |
[24:25] | Don’t be a smart-ass. | 别耍小聪明 |
[24:27] | Look, they haven’t even offered me the job yet, okay? | 他们还没给我那份工作 好吗 |
[24:30] | You said they were knocked out by your resume | 你说他们被你的简历所折服 |
[24:32] | and the interview went great. | 并且面试也很顺利 |
[24:34] | You wouldn’t believe their offices, | 他们的办公室简直令人难以置信 |
[24:36] | right on Madison Avenue, | 就在麦迪逊大道上 |
[24:37] | with this kick-ass view of midtown. | 视野超好 能看到市中心的大好风光 |
[24:40] | And the guys at this agency, they’re fucking smart… | 那个公司的人 都他妈的太聪明了 |
[24:45] | and they’re totally hot. | 也很火辣 |
[24:47] | It’s like an entirely different league. | 跟这里比简直是天上地下 |
[24:51] | So you’re just abandoning your son. | 所以你要遗弃你儿子了 |
[24:54] | Don’t start in with the guilt shit, okay? | 别故意说些让我愧疚的话 好吗 |
[25:00] | Come here, sonny boy. | 到这来 乖小子 |
[25:01] | How would you like to hang out with your pop in Manhattan, hmm? | 你想和爸爸去曼哈顿玩吗 |
[25:06] | Go to the Guggenheim and the Opera. | 去古根海姆美术馆和歌剧院 |
[25:11] | See, you’re going to thank me for this | 等他长大后变得有教养 懂世故 |
[25:13] | when he grows up to be sophisticated. | 你会感谢我这个决定的 |
[25:14] | Fuck you, Brian. | 操你妈的 布莱恩 |
[25:15] | I know how to take my kid to a museum. | 我知道怎么带我的孩子去博物馆 |
[25:23] | Lindsay… | 琳赛 |
[25:25] | If I stay here… | 如果我待在这里 |
[25:28] | I’m going to go out of my mind. | 我会发疯的 |
[25:30] | I mean, who knows what I’ll become? | 我的意思是 谁知道我会变成什么样 |
[25:31] | Probably who you are now, only older. | 可能就是你现在这样 只是年纪大些 |
[25:34] | No. | 不 |
[25:34] | What is wrong with that? | 那有什么不好 |
[25:36] | It happens to all of us. | 我们都会这样啊 |
[25:38] | Not me. | 我不想这样 |
[25:41] | I want to become something different, something new. | 我想与众不同 成为全新的自己 |
[25:44] | You sound like one of your ad campaigns. | 你说起话来跟你的广告词一样 |
[25:46] | “New! Improved!” | 「更新 更完美」 |
[25:48] | Going to New York won’t change anything. | 去纽约改变不了任何事 |
[25:51] | So you’ll have a different loft, work for a different firm, | 就算你换了房子 换了公司 |
[25:54] | go to different bars and clubs. | 去不同的酒吧和夜店 |
[25:55] | but different doesn’t make it better. | 但不同并不意味着就更好 |
[25:58] | When are you going to figure out that Justin really loves you, | 你什么时候才能明白贾斯汀真的爱你 |
[26:01] | even if he is young? | 虽然他很年轻 |
[26:03] | At your age, that’s probably not such a bad thing. | 以你这个年纪来说 这可能不是件坏事 |
[26:06] | And Michael would give up his life for you. | 还有迈克愿意为你放弃生命 |
[26:11] | And I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[26:14] | You think you’ll find that on Madison Avenue? | 你觉得你在麦迪逊大道能得到这些吗 |
[26:30] | – Don’t be nervous. – I’m not. | -别紧张 -我不紧张 |
[26:41] | I am. | 我紧张 |
[26:49] | Hey, right on time. | 你好 很准时嘛 |
[26:51] | It’s my Germanic predisposition to be punctual. | 我日耳曼的体质让我一直很准时 |
[26:53] | Ooh, nice suit. | 西装真好看 |
[26:56] | Ted picked it out. | 泰德选的 |
[26:57] | And the shirt, and the tie. | 衬衫和领带也是 |
[27:00] | Well, it’s also part of my germanic predisposition | 这也是我日耳曼体质的一部分 |
[27:02] | to be overbearing and controlling. | 专横又有控制欲 |
[27:04] | But it’s important to make a good first impression. | 但好的第一印象很重要 |
[27:08] | I will. | 我会的 |
[27:09] | Oh, and if they ask you why you left your last job, | 如果他们问你离开上份工作的原因 |
[27:11] | just say it wasn’t challenging enough. | 就说它不够有挑战性 |
[27:12] | I’ve already got an answer rehearsed. | 我已经排练好了一份标准答案 |
[27:14] | Oh, a-and for god’s sake, don’t say that you’re a “people person”. | 记住 千万别说你是个擅长交际的人 |
[27:17] | I hate that expression. | 我讨厌那个说法 |
[27:18] | I would never say that. | 我绝不会那么说 |
[27:20] | Now would you guys stop worrying | 现在你们能不能别再为我担心 |
[27:21] | and just let me go in there and… | 直接让我进去 |
[27:23] | impress the pants off them. | 给他们留下深刻印象 |
[27:27] | Well, if anybody can do that, you can. | 如果有谁能做到 一定非你莫属 |
[27:33] | Melanie says it’ll be my word against his. | 茉蕾妮说到时公说公有理婆说婆有理 |
[27:37] | So why should the jury listen to me? | 陪审团为什么要相信我呢 |
[27:38] | Because you’re telling the truth. | 因为你说的是实话 |
[27:41] | Christ, Vic, stop acting so guilty. | 天啊 维克 别搞得像自己真有罪似的 |
[27:44] | Maybe I am… | 或许我真的 |
[27:47] | a little. | 有点罪 |
[27:51] | I wanted to go with him. | 我当时想跟他离开去爽 |
[27:53] | Since when is that a crime? | 从什么时候开始想想也算犯罪了 |
[27:56] | When it’s a cop. | 因为对方是警察 |
[27:58] | I can’t believe I was foolish enough, | 我真不敢相信我会那么蠢 |
[28:00] | at my age and with what I’ve got… | 一大把年纪了 长得又不好看 |
[28:04] | to think someone could find me desirable? | 怎么会有人想要我呢 |
[28:07] | Talk about pathetic. | 我真是可悲 |
[28:11] | You are not pathetic. | 你一点都不可悲 |
[28:14] | And I will not hear you talk about yourself that way. | 我绝不允许你这么说自己 |
[28:17] | Then don’t listen. | 那就别听 |
[28:20] | When I look in the mirror… | 我在照镜子的时候 |
[28:23] | I see someone I barely recognize. | 看到一个自己几乎不认识的人 |
[28:28] | I still imagine I’m like Brian, | 我仍然在想象我就和布莱恩一样 |
[28:31] | able to walk in any bar | 想进任何酒吧都行 |
[28:32] | and have almost anybody that I want. | 想拥有谁就能拥有谁 |
[28:35] | And I had plenty too. | 我的确曾经如此 |
[28:38] | But now… | 但如今 |
[28:41] | instead I see this… tired, | 我看到的是一个疲惫的 |
[28:45] | somewhat faded… older man… | 凋零的 老男人 |
[28:50] | who measures his life from a pill bottle… | 一个靠服药来维持生命 |
[28:53] | and who nobody wants. | 没人要的人 |
[29:00] | Do you know, I can’t even remember | 我甚至都记不清 |
[29:03] | the last time someone looked at me or touched me. | 上一次有人看我或是抚摸我 是多久之前的事了 |
[29:10] | It was probably that Filipino nurse who gave me that barium enema. | 很可能是那个给我灌肠的菲律宾护士 |
[29:16] | That was a treat. | 那也算美好享受了 |
[29:20] | So when this handsome young man expressed interest… | 所以当那个英俊的年轻人表现出对我有性趣时 |
[29:26] | I wanted to drop to my knees right there. | 我恨不得立刻就跪地臣服 |
[29:32] | That’s the worst part. | 那才是最让我难过的 |
[29:36] | Worse than being arrested… | 甚至比被逮捕 |
[29:39] | or being put in jail… | 进看守所 |
[29:42] | or having to go to court. | 或是出庭 都更让我难受 |
[29:46] | It’s that… | 因为… |
[29:50] | I believed him. | 我竟然信了他 |
[30:13] | The things my tongue could do to his nipples. | 我真想用舌头玩弄他的乳头 |
[30:16] | That is if I was single. | 前提是我还单身的话 |
[30:19] | Right there with you, | 我和你一样 |
[30:20] | only I’d go for his abs. | 但是我喜欢他的腹肌 |
[30:22] | I’d like to thank you boys for leaving me | 那么我得感谢你们 |
[30:24] | the most tender, delectable morsel. | 把最柔软 愉悦的部位让给了我 |
[30:28] | And now that Brian’s finally out of the picture, | 如今布莱恩已经淡出江湖 |
[30:30] | I might actually stand a chance. | 我或许真有机会了 |
[30:32] | You don’t sound like you’re gonna miss him. | 听起来你并不会想他 |
[30:35] | I’m certainly not going to miss being told “be gone” | 我可不想每次遇见帅哥 |
[30:37] | every time some hunk appears. | 都因为他而错失”鸡”会 |
[30:39] | And I won’t miss his little bons mots about my age. | 我也不想再听到他嘲笑我的年龄 |
[30:42] | Although I did think his referring to you as “Dead Man Walking” | 不过我觉得他说你是「行走的僵尸」 |
[30:45] | was kind of amusing. | 的确有点好笑 |
[30:47] | I said “kind of”. | 我说了是”有点” |
[30:48] | Or knowing that you’re always going to be his plan B. | 或者心里清楚你永远是他的第二选择 |
[30:50] | Or sometimes C. | 甚至是第三选择 |
[30:52] | Well, I won’t miss spending 300 bucks | 我也不会怀念我花了300美元 |
[30:53] | on a shirt from the Calvin Klein Collection | 买了一件名牌衬衫 |
[30:55] | only to have everybody stare at Brian’s bare chest. | 结果没人看 大家只顾着看布莱恩赤裸的胸膛 |
[30:57] | Or forced to wait outside a sex club in February | 或者寒冬二月 被迫在性爱俱乐部门口等着 |
[31:00] | ’cause he needs a ride home. | 因为他需要我载他回家 |
[31:01] | Yeah, I also won’t miss how he never takes shit… from anyone. | 是啊 我也不会怀念他从不受任何人的气 |
[31:05] | Or how he tells you the truth about yourself, | 或者他会直接告诉你关于你的实话 |
[31:07] | even if it is a tad harsh. | 哪怕这实话非常伤人 |
[31:10] | But you should probably hear it anyway. | 但你或许还是该听 |
[31:12] | Or how he refuses to let you coast through your life. | 或者他不让你虚度年华 轻松过一生 |
[31:16] | No, I’m not going to miss that one at all. | 不 我绝对不会怀念这个的 |
[31:38] | This is disgusting! | 真让我恶心 |
[31:39] | Really sick. | 真有病 |
[31:44] | What, are you looking at those hetero porn sites again? | 你又在看那些异性恋色情网站了吗 |
[31:47] | I told you, they’re gonna warp your young mind. | 我跟你说过了 那会扭曲你幼小的心灵 |
[31:49] | It’s not porn. | 不是色情网站 |
[31:51] | It’s apartment rentals in New York. | 是纽约的公寓出租信息 |
[31:53] | I can’t believe what they’re charging for this shit hole. | 我简直不敢相信这么个破地方收这么高的租金 |
[31:56] | You know with what they’re going to be paying me, | 按照他们付给我的那么高的薪水 |
[31:58] | I can afford three times that? | 我可以付得起这个三倍的租金 |
[32:01] | – You mean this is cheap? – Yup. | -你是说这个房租便宜吗 -是啊 |
[32:03] | New York’s unreal. | 纽约太不现实了 |
[32:07] | Yeah? | 你好 |
[32:07] | Brian, it’s, Adam Lyons calling from, Kennedy and Collins In New York. | 布莱恩 我是纽约肯尼迪柯林斯公司的亚当·莱昂斯 |
[32:11] | Oh, hey. | 你好 |
[32:12] | So I’ve been waiting to hear from you. What’s the deal? | 我一直在等你的消息 到底是什么结果 |
[32:15] | Uh, the deal is… | 结果是… |
[32:19] | there is no deal. | 公司不会聘用你 |
[32:21] | They decided to promote from within. | 他们决定从内部提拔 |
[32:23] | Some 25-year- old hotshot. | 一名大约25岁左右的能人 |
[32:26] | Look… I’m really sorry. | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[32:31] | Don’t worry, to tell you the truth, | 别在意 事实上 |
[32:32] | after weighing my options… | 经过慎重的抉择之后 |
[32:35] | I’ve decided to go with… someone else. | 我已经决定去别的公司了 |
[32:38] | Well then I don’t feel so bad. | 那么我就没那么愧疚了 |
[32:40] | So, hey, give me a call the next time you’re in the city. | 下次你到纽约来给我打个电话吧 |
[32:44] | I’d love to hook up again. | 我想再跟你一起”玩” |
[32:47] | Yeah… sure. | 好的 没问题 |
[32:57] | You didn’t tell me you were coming home tonight. | 你没说你今晚会回来啊 |
[32:59] | Last-minute thing. | 临时决定的 |
[33:03] | Your face is cold. | 你的脸冰凉的 |
[33:06] | So, how’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[33:07] | Well, I convinced Hank Not to quit the hockey team. | 我说服汉克不退出冰球队了 |
[33:10] | That’s a start. | 那也算是个不错的开始 |
[33:11] | And he’s agreed to talk to a therapist. | 他也同意接受心理治疗了 |
[33:14] | Well, see? I knew you could help him. | 看吧 我就说你能帮到他 |
[33:15] | But mostly we just sat around, | 但大多数时间我们只是坐着 |
[33:18] | ate pizza and watched ESPN. | 吃披萨 看体育节目 |
[33:19] | See, that’s the important thing, you know. | 其实这才是最重要的 |
[33:21] | Not what you say or do, but just being there. | 而非你说什么或做什么 只要陪在他身边就好 |
[33:24] | That’s why I gotta go back. | 正因此我才必须要回去 |
[33:25] | Well, you should. We… | 你应该那么做 我们… |
[33:26] | Maybe this summer we could take a trip… | 也许今年夏天我们可以去旅游 |
[33:28] | No, I was thinking sooner. | 不 我觉得应该再早一点 |
[33:30] | How much sooner? | 到底多早 |
[33:32] | Right away. | 马上 |
[33:36] | Well, for how long? | 去多久呢 |
[33:37] | Well, I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[33:39] | All I know is that he needs me | 我只知道他需要我 |
[33:40] | and it’s important that I’m there. | 我必须在他身边 这很重要 |
[33:44] | Well, what about your practice, and your friends, | 那么你的诊所 朋友 |
[33:47] | and the house and…? | 房子什么的呢 |
[33:48] | I was thinking about that on the flight home. | 我在回来的航班上一直在思考这些 |
[33:52] | I could lease the house for a year. | 我可以把房子租出去一年 |
[33:53] | One of my colleagues could take over my practice. | 我的同事可以接管我的诊所 |
[33:55] | Lori’s got some friends who are doctors. | 洛丽有一些医生朋友 |
[33:57] | They could provide me with referrals. | 他们可以向我推荐人选 |
[34:02] | So you’ve practically got this all figured out. | 所以事实上你都已经安排好了 |
[34:06] | Well, there is one thing that I don’t know what to do with. | 只有一件事我不知道该怎么处理 |
[34:11] | Oh, um, well don’t worry about me. | 别为我担心 |
[34:14] | I-I understand. | 我能理解 |
[34:15] | Hank comes first. | 汉克最重要 |
[34:18] | Oh, it’s not a race, Michael. | 这没法比较 迈克 |
[34:20] | There’s no “first”. | 没有孰轻孰重 |
[34:23] | Y-you’re as important to me as he is. | 你和他对我一样重要 |
[34:27] | What I was hoping… | 我希望的是 |
[34:31] | is that you would come with me. | 你能和我一起走 |
[34:39] | This cop has lied before in at least four separate cases. | 这名警察至少在四个不同的案子里说过谎 |
[34:42] | You have proof of this? | 你有证据吗 |
[34:43] | I looked up his records when he was with the Philadelphia P.D. | 我查了他在费城警署的记录 |
[34:46] | In each instance he exaggerated, misconstrued | 每一次他都会添油加醋 扭曲事实 |
[34:48] | or completely lied in his arrest reports | 甚至在逮捕报告中说谎 |
[34:50] | resulting in the judge declaring a mistrial. | 致使法官做出无效审判 |
[34:59] | – She’s good. – She’s great. | -她很厉害 -她棒极了 |
[35:01] | Compared to her, I feel so ignorant, so useless. | 和她相比 我觉得自己无知又没用 |
[35:05] | You are. | 的确如此 |
[35:08] | On the other hand, uh, she doesn’t have your height | 但是 她没你高 |
[35:11] | or your ability to wear chartreuse in the daytime. | 也没法在白天穿黄绿色衣服 |
[35:14] | So it all evens out. | 那么你们就打平了 |
[35:17] | This is very compelling, | 这很令人吃惊 |
[35:18] | but why would he do this? | 他为什么要这么做呢 |
[35:19] | Seems he has a little problem with gay people. | 似乎他对同性恋人群有点偏见 |
[35:22] | Look, we can save the court a lot of time and money. | 听着 我们可以为法庭节省很多时间和金钱 |
[35:24] | My client’s innocent. | 我的当事人是无罪的 |
[35:25] | He was entrapped by this officer, just like these other men. | 他只是像其他那些人一样 被这名警官设了套 |
[35:28] | Is this true? | 这是真的吗 |
[35:31] | I may have done a lot of things in my life, sir… | 也许我这一生做过很多事 先生 |
[35:35] | but I never exposed myself | 但我从来没有暴露癖 |
[35:36] | or enticed that officer. | 或是引诱那名警官 |
[35:38] | And even though I may not have much left, my health, my youth, my friends, | 也许我的健康不断恶化 青春殆尽 朋友所剩无几 |
[35:44] | I still have my name. | 但我的名声依然完美无瑕 |
[35:54] | And I will fight… | 我也将永远抗争 |
[35:57] | to defend it. | 誓死维护它 |
[36:00] | You’re a very special lady, you know that? | 你是位很特别的女士 你知道吗 |
[36:03] | I miss you already. | 我已经开始想你了 |
[36:07] | You just listen to the drum. | 听听这鼓声吧 |
[36:09] | The sound of my heart… | 它就像我的心跳 |
[36:10] | You know what we need? | 你知道我们需要什么吗 |
[36:12] | A super humongous, woolly-mammoth size vat of buttered popcorn. | 超大分量的奶油爆米花 |
[36:18] | One hit and you’re high. | 抽了一口 你就嗨了 |
[36:22] | That’s pitiful. | 真可悲 |
[36:23] | I am not high. | 我没有抽嗨 |
[36:29] | Okay, maybe I am. | 好吧 或许是吧 |
[36:36] | That, um, mean old usher, | 那个又老又刻薄的 |
[36:38] | who used to tell us to get our feet off the seats, | 总让我们把腿从座位上拿下来的领位员 |
[36:40] | still working here? | 还在这里工作吗 |
[36:43] | Are you kidding? | 你开玩笑呢吧 |
[36:44] | Probably a fucking maggot feast by now. | 恐怕早在坟墓里被蛆虫啃完了 |
[36:47] | Man, when I think of all the saturday afternoons | 我想起了那些我们一起在这里度过的 |
[36:50] | we spent here… | 周六的午后时光 |
[36:52] | Yeah, I used to buy a ticket | 是啊 我只买一张票 |
[36:53] | and let you in that fire exit. | 然后把你从消防通道放进来 |
[36:55] | Never got caught. | 从没被人抓到过 |
[37:06] | This is where we saw “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom”. | 我们就是在这里看的《夺宝奇兵2: 魔域奇兵》 |
[37:09] | And, uh, and “Ghostbusters”. | 以及《捉鬼敢死队》 |
[37:12] | And, uh… | 以及… |
[37:13] | – “The Fly”. – “The Fly”. | -《变蝇人》 -《变蝇人》 |
[37:17] | I can’t believe they’re gonna tear it down. | 真不敢相信这影院要被拆了 |
[37:19] | All those cheesy cineplexes. | 要建那种俗气的综合影院 |
[37:23] | Yeah, they don’t have any balconies to get stoned in. | 是啊 都没有包厢可以供人抽大麻 |
[37:31] | When this place is gone, | 等这个地方消失了 |
[37:33] | a part of us’ll be gone too. | 我们生命的一部分也就消失了 |
[37:38] | You get extremely maudlin when you’re high. | 你抽嗨了以后 就变得格外感伤 |
[37:44] | Well, this’ll probably be… | 这可能是… |
[37:46] | the last time you and I are ever here together. | 我们最后一次一起在这里了 |
[37:50] | I mean, y-you’ll be in New York. | 我是说 你很快就会去纽约 |
[37:56] | And you’ll be in Portland. | 而你在波特兰 |
[38:00] | Opposite fucking ends of the universe. | 像是宇宙的两端 |
[38:02] | I didn’t say I’d go. | 我还没说我要去呢 |
[38:04] | Well, you should. | 你应该去 |
[38:07] | I’m not like you. | 我不像你 |
[38:08] | I can’t just wake up one morning and decide, | 我不能某天早晨一起床就突然做出决定 |
[38:10] | boom, you know, it’s time to move on. | 说我该向前看了 |
[38:13] | No looking back, no regrets. | 不回头 不后悔 |
[38:18] | There’s nothing for you here. | 这里已经没有值得你留恋的了 |
[38:22] | It’s my home. | 这里是我的家 |
[38:25] | And even though it’s not Paris or New York… | 尽管它不是巴黎或者纽约 |
[38:28] | No shit. | 可不是嘛 |
[38:32] | I’ve lived here my entire life and… | 我在这里生活了一辈子 |
[38:35] | It’s all I know. | 这是我熟悉的地方 |
[38:36] | Well, maybe it’s time to know something else, Michael. | 也许该熟悉一下其他地方了 迈克 |
[38:39] | You’re not 15 any more. | 你不是小孩子了 |
[38:41] | I know. | 我明白 |
[38:45] | Go with David. | 和大卫一起走吧 |
[38:49] | Get the hell out of here. | 离开这里 |
[39:12] | Tell me everything. | 快给我说说 |
[39:14] | It was great. | 真的棒极了 |
[39:16] | – They’re really nice. – Aw-w. | -他们都很好 -哇 |
[39:18] | And Melanie took me out for lunch. | 茉蕾妮带我去吃了午饭 |
[39:24] | So, what about, uh, the guys? Any cute ones? | 那么 那些男人怎么样 有帅哥吗 |
[39:28] | One. | 有一个 |
[39:29] | But don’t worry, he was married. | 不过别担心 他已经结婚了 |
[39:31] | – Okay, I’m… I’m not jealous. I’m just… – No. | -好吧 我不是吃醋 我只是… -不 |
[39:34] | You know, I’m required to ask that question, | 我必须要问这个问题 |
[39:35] | by the “Boyfriends in the Workplace Act” of, uh, 1991. | 那是91年颁布的《工作男友管理法案》明确要求的 |
[39:39] | And… | 而且 |
[39:41] | they’ve already put me to work on this really interesting case. | 他们已经让我协助一个很有趣的案子了 |
[39:47] | I am so proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[39:55] | I’m kind of proud of myself. | 我也很为自己骄傲 |
[39:59] | So… | 那么 |
[40:01] | we will stay only a few minutes at the dinner, hmm? | 我们到时候就在晚宴上待一会儿 好吗 |
[40:05] | And then we shall come back… | 然后我们就回来 |
[40:08] | and consummate your return to white-collar respectability. | 用激情来庆祝你回归体面的白领阶层 |
[40:14] | Who says we have to wait till later? | 为什么要等到那时候 |
[40:17] | Why don’t we take a shower? | 何不现在就洗个澡呢 |
[40:21] | Together? | 一起吗 |
[40:23] | I have never… | 我从没有… |
[41:47] | You know, you ought to have a little more respect | 你真应该对你的衣服 |
[41:49] | for your clothes, young man. | 多点尊重 年轻人 |
[41:52] | You need to hang these things up | 你该把它们挂起来 |
[41:53] | before they wrinkle all over the place. | 否则它们就皱了 |
[41:55] | And I’ve got to send them out to cleaning… | 那样的话还得干洗… |
[42:13] | Are you coming? | 你来不来 |
[42:21] | I said are you coming? | 我问你来不来嘛 |
[42:23] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[42:28] | Uncle Vic. Uncle Vic. | 维克舅舅 祝贺维克舅舅 |
[42:33] | Long live the queen! | 女王万岁 |
[42:38] | Melanie’s the one you should be congratulating. | 茉蕾妮才是你们该祝贺的人 |
[42:40] | Oh, stop. | 得了吧 |
[42:45] | She got my case thrown out. | 她成功地让我的案子被拒绝受理 |
[42:47] | But you’re the one who was so brave. | 但你才是那个勇敢的人 |
[42:50] | You were an inspiration, the way you stood up for yourself. | 你站起来维护自己 奋勇抗争 激励了大家 |
[42:53] | Well, after that terrible story you told me about that poor man, | 都是因为你跟我讲的关于那个可怜人的可怕故事 |
[42:56] | who was buried in an unmarked grave. | 他被埋在了一个无名的坟墓里 |
[42:59] | What did you tell him? | 你跟他讲了什么 |
[43:00] | One of your Southern Gothic horror stories? | 你们南方的哥特式恐怖故事吗 |
[43:04] | You mean it wasn’t true? | 你是说那不是真事 |
[43:06] | All of my stories are true. | 我的故事都是真事 |
[43:07] | Oh, Jesus. | 天呐 |
[43:09] | And if they’re not, they… should be. | 即使不是真事 也应该成真 |
[43:15] | He is so funny. | 他真是幽默 |
[43:18] | I love him. | 我爱死他了 |
[43:20] | Now remember what we said. | 还记得我们先前说过的吗 |
[43:21] | We’ll just stay here for a few minutes, | 我们就在这里待一会儿 |
[43:24] | then we’ll go home. | 然后就回家 |
[43:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[43:28] | Gotta go. | 我们该走了 |
[43:29] | – Ciao. – Bye, guys, take care. | -再见 -再见 路上小心 |
[43:31] | – See you guys. – Bye. | -下回见 -再见 |
[43:33] | – Bye, Mel. – Bye. | -再见 茉儿 -再见 |
[43:36] | Do the thing with the breadsticks. | 快用棍状面包表演那个绝活儿 |
[43:39] | Night, Em, I’ll talk to you tomorrow. | 晚安 小艾 明天再聊 |
[43:41] | Deb, thanks. | 黛比 多谢招待 |
[43:51] | Bye. Congrats. | 再见 再次祝贺 |
[43:55] | Mel, I’ll call you tomorrow about that thing? | 茉儿 关于那事我明天再跟你联系吧 |
[43:58] | Okay. | 好了 |
[44:00] | – Night. – That’s fine, I just need… | -晚安 -没事 我只需要… |
[44:02] | I guess we’ll have to say something. | 看来我们还是得说点什么 |
[44:03] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[44:05] | Okay. | 好的 |
[44:08] | Night, Mikey. | 晚安 小迈 |
[44:11] | – I’ll be right back. – Yeah, you’re right. | -我去去就回 -没错 你说得很对 |
[44:14] | Will they want you to start right away? | 他们想让你马上就去那边工作吗 |
[44:16] | Those guys on Madison Avenue move fast. | 那些住在麦迪逊大道的人动作很快的 |
[44:18] | So do the ones in Chelsea. | 住在切尔西的人也一样 |
[44:20] | There’ll be plenty of hearts to break in the big city. | 大都市里会有很多人等着被你伤呢 |
[44:22] | Well, you don’t have to break them all at once. | 不要一次把所有人的心都伤了 |
[44:25] | And call every once in a while. | 偶尔给我们打个电话 |
[44:27] | Like that’ll happen. | 怎么可能 |
[44:28] | Don’t make us always have to call you. | 不要逼我们总得给你打 |
[44:29] | Why don’t you all just shut the fuck up? | 你们都他妈闭嘴行不行 |
[44:34] | I need a cigarette. | 我得抽根烟 |
[44:39] | And here’s our house bourbon. | 这是您要的波旁酒 |
[44:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[44:59] | You’re a lucky guy. | 你真是幸运 |
[45:00] | I am? | 是吗 |
[45:01] | Everything you’ve got. | 你拥有这么多 |
[45:03] | All your friends and your family. | 朋友 家人 |
[45:06] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[45:10] | If you decide to go with me, | 如果你决定跟我走 |
[45:11] | you know you’d be leaving a lot behind. | 你就不得不抛下很多东西 |
[45:16] | It’s a… it’s a huge decision. | 这是个很重大的决定 |
[45:20] | Well, take your time, think about it. | 慢慢来 仔细考虑清楚 |
[45:24] | But if you decide not to go… | 但如果你决定不去… |
[45:30] | I’ll be very upset. | 我会很难过 |
[45:34] | But I’ll understand. | 但是我能够理解 |
[45:43] | I’ve decided. | 我已经决定了 |
[45:49] | I want to go. | 我想去 |
[45:53] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[45:56] | No. | 不确定 |