时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:01] | Isn’t this fun? | 好玩吧 |
[01:03] | Maybe for you, but that’s because you are a sadistic shit! | 只有你这种虐待狂才觉得好玩 |
[01:07] | Who? Me? | 谁 我吗 |
[01:08] | I’ll never tell you where the jewels are! | 我绝不告诉你我的一对”宝贝”在哪里 |
[01:11] | Make that “Jewel”. | 只剩一个”宝贝”了 |
[01:13] | Now lie still. Who knows? | 躺着别动 谁知道呢 |
[01:15] | If you’re lucky, you might even get a few more good years, | 幸运的话 你也许还能再活个几年 |
[01:18] | like me! | 跟我一样 |
[01:24] | Mr. Kinney? | 肯尼先生 |
[01:26] | Mr. Kinney? | 肯尼先生 |
[01:29] | That’s it for today, Mr. Kinney. | 今天就到这里 肯尼先生 |
[01:31] | We’ll see you again tomorrow. | 我们明天再见 |
[01:34] | And I should warn you: | 我得提醒一下你 |
[01:35] | you’ll feel fine for the next few hours, | 接下来的几个小时可能不会感觉异样 |
[01:37] | but you’re going to hit a wall around noon. | 但是到中午时分 身体就会有反应 |
[01:39] | Nausea, pain, fatigue. | 恶心 疼痛 疲劳 |
[01:41] | They’re all normal side effects. | 都是常见的副作用 |
[01:42] | In fact, I would suggest that for the next few days, | 事实上 我建议你接下来的几天 |
[01:44] | you just stay home, take it easy. Don’t go to work. | 都待在家里 放松一下 别去上班了 |
[01:49] | Thank you, nurse. | 谢谢你 护士 |
[01:51] | That’s excellent advice. | 你的建议棒极了 |
[01:55] | First thing we do when we get to Hollywood is go to Universal Studios. | 我们到好莱坞的第一件事就是去环球影城 |
[01:58] | The rides sound awesome. | 那里的过山车看起来都棒极了 |
[02:00] | And then we do the Grave Line tour. | 然后我们去玩星陨之旅 |
[02:01] | It takes you to all the places where stars have been murdered. | 参观所有明星被谋杀的地方 |
[02:04] | – And then… – Then, | -然后 -然后 |
[02:05] | we go to Grauman’s Chinese Theatre | 我们去格劳曼中国剧院 |
[02:07] | and we steal John Wayne’s footprints. | 偷走约翰·韦恩的脚印 |
[02:14] | Lucy. | 露西 |
[02:15] | “I Love Lucy”? | 出自《我爱露西》 |
[02:17] | They went to Hollywood and… | 他们去了好莱坞 然后… |
[02:19] | never mind. | 算了当我没说 |
[02:21] | Could you save me some cereal? | 能给我留点麦片吗 |
[02:22] | Aren’t you being a bit premature? | 现在计划这些会不会有点早了 |
[02:24] | Why? We’re going, aren’t we? | 为什么 我们马上就要去了 不是吗 |
[02:26] | You said Brett told you it was a done deal. | 你说过布雷特告诉你这事已经板上钉钉了 |
[02:29] | That’s Mr. Keller to you. | 你应该叫凯勒先生 |
[02:30] | And nothing’s a done deal until it’s done. | 再说没到嘴的鸭子都会飞 |
[02:34] | I’m done. | 我好了 |
[02:36] | So, busy day? | 今天很忙吗 |
[02:37] | Oh, classes, research at the library, student advisor meetings. | 上课 去图书馆查阅资料 学生辅导会 |
[02:41] | I’m also supposed to hear from Greenpoint Press. | 绿点出版社的回信也该到了 |
[02:43] | Are they interested in your novel? | 他们对你的小说感兴趣吗 |
[02:45] | Let’s just say the editor seemed receptive, | 这么说吧 编辑似乎能接受 |
[02:47] | which at least is better than another rejection. | 至少比再被拒一次要好 |
[02:49] | So keep your fingers crossed. | 所以祝我好运吧 |
[02:54] | He should try to eat some grain in the morning | 他应该在早上吃点谷物 |
[02:55] | instead of those crappy shakes. | 而不是那些垃圾奶昔 |
[02:57] | He’d be a lot happier, not to mention regular. | 他会快活得多 更不用说正常了 |
[02:59] | I think it’s going to take more than a bowl of bran. | 光吃一碗麦麸恐怕起不到什么作用 |
[03:01] | And you could try and be a little more sensitive. | 你倒是可以试着对他更体贴一些 |
[03:08] | Ben is going through a tough time right now. | 本最近过得很煎熬 |
[03:10] | I’m sure all this talk isn’t making it any easier. | 我肯定我们说的那些话不会使他好过 |
[03:13] | So from now on, | 所以从现在开始 |
[03:15] | let’s try not to use the word “Hollywood” in a sentence. | 我们说话都别带”好莱坞” |
[03:23] | What the fuck are you doing here? | 你他妈在这干什么 |
[03:25] | I’m waiting for you. | 我在等你 |
[03:26] | You won’t answer the door, | 你既不给我开门 |
[03:27] | you won’t return my calls. | 又不回我电话 |
[03:28] | Well, that should be a hint. | 那就是提示你该怎么做 |
[03:29] | Why won’t you see me? | 你为什么不见我 |
[03:30] | Cynthia! Cynthia! | 辛西娅 辛西娅 |
[03:32] | Jesus, Brian, what’s going on? | 天呐 布莱恩 出什么事了 |
[03:34] | You can’t just kick me out. | 你不能就这么把我撵出去 |
[03:35] | Watch me. I don’t want his calls, | 那你瞧好了 我不想接他的电话 |
[03:38] | I don’t want him in this office, | 不想在这个办公室里看到他 |
[03:39] | and if he comes near me, I want a restraining order. | 如果他靠近我 就申请个限制令 |
[03:41] | Got it? | 明白吗 |
[03:45] | And if some asshole named Vic Grassi calls from hell, | 要是有个叫维克·格拉西的死鬼从地狱打电话来 |
[03:47] | you can tell him I’m in a meeting. | 就告诉他我在开会 |
[03:59] | Vic, it’s not quite the headstone I’d originally intended. | 维克 虽然这不是我最初想要的那块墓碑 |
[04:06] | But as you may have heard, | 但是你可能也听说了 |
[04:07] | Michelangelo’s not taking any more commissions. | 米开朗基罗不接活了 |
[04:11] | But it’s solid, | 但是它结实 |
[04:13] | it’s hard, smooth. | 坚硬 光滑 |
[04:16] | Come to think of it, | 仔细想想 |
[04:17] | that’s a lot of the attributes you liked in a man. | 那正是你爱的男人身上该有的品质 |
[04:21] | Okay, whoever invents a cell phone that’s also a vibrator | 好吧 谁能发明一个能当按摩棒的手机 |
[04:24] | is going to make a fortune. | 准能大发一笔 |
[04:28] | ‘Scuse me, Deb? | 我接个电话 黛比 |
[04:29] | Yeah. Don’t worry, Honey. | 去吧 没关系 亲爱的 |
[04:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:31] | Vic’s in no hurry. | 维克不着急 |
[04:34] | So I’ll plant flowers this spring. | 等到春天的时候我来种些花 |
[04:36] | Make it more homey, okay? | 让这里更温馨 好吗 |
[04:41] | And, um… | 还有… |
[04:44] | Vic, I just want to say, | 维克 我只是想跟你说 |
[04:48] | wherever you are… | 不管你在哪里 |
[04:51] | of course I know where you are, you’re in heaven. | 当然我知道你在哪里 你在天堂 |
[04:52] | Where the hell else would you be? | 不然还能在哪 |
[04:57] | That, um, | 我想说 |
[04:59] | in spite of our little falling out, | 抛开我们那次小矛盾 |
[05:02] | not… not that it was so little, | 也没那么小 |
[05:05] | it nearly put me in the ground beside you… | 差点让我跟你一起归西 |
[05:10] | that I love you… | 我爱你 |
[05:12] | with all my heart. | 全心全意地爱你 |
[05:16] | You know that, baby, don’t you? | 你知道的 宝贝 是不是 |
[05:17] | Arrested? | 被捕了 |
[05:21] | And that I hope that you’ve forgiven me for what I did. | 我希望你能原谅我做的事 |
[05:24] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[05:26] | D.U.I.? | 醉酒驾车 |
[05:28] | Well, who’s going to help me cater the party tonight? | 那谁来帮我准备今晚派对的酒菜 |
[05:30] | And all because of this silly party. | 都怪这该死的派对 |
[05:32] | No, I will not recommend an attorney, | 不 我才不会给你推荐律师 |
[05:34] | unless you recommend a chef. | 除非你给我推荐一个厨师 |
[05:36] | Rest in peace, little brother. | 安息吧 弟弟 |
[05:39] | Rot in hell, you little fucker. | 烂在地狱里吧 你个贱人 |
[05:43] | Oh, Vic. Vic, why’d you have to die? | 维克 维克 你怎么就死了呢 |
[05:47] | I know, Honey. | 我懂 亲爱的 |
[05:49] | I know. But he’s in a better place. | 我懂 但是他在更好的地方 |
[05:53] | It’s a warm and wonderful place, | 那是一个温暖美好的地方 |
[05:55] | filled with love and possibilities. | 洋溢着爱 充满了希望 |
[05:58] | You’ll have to forgive my wife. She tends to… | 你必须原谅我老婆 她似乎… |
[06:00] | wax poetic in direct proportion to the size of my tummy. | 我肚子越大 她就变得越诗意 |
[06:03] | Oh, come on. You’ve done your fair share of waxing yourself. | 得了吧 你自己也有过柔软诗意[脱毛]的时候啊 |
[06:05] | I’ve never once waxed, | 我可从来没有过[脱毛] |
[06:07] | and even if I did, our paltry expressions | 即使有过 我们贫瘠的表达力 |
[06:10] | would pale in comparison to Michael’s rhapsodizing. | 在出口成章的迈克面前也会黯然失色 |
[06:12] | Holy shit! | 我靠 |
[06:14] | Would you check out the dick on this kid? | 看看这孩子的鸡巴有多大 |
[06:15] | Or not. | 或许也并不会 |
[06:16] | That’s the umbilical cord. | 那是脐带 |
[06:18] | And besides, you can’t tell from this if it’s a boy or girl. | 而且 从这上面看不出来是男孩还是女孩 |
[06:21] | Although something tells me a princess is on the way. | 不过 我有预感会是个小公主 |
[06:25] | Well, it’s okay with me if he’s gay. | 就算生个基佬 我也没意见 |
[06:28] | I got to run. | 我得赶紧走了 |
[06:30] | We’re installing the Auerbach show. | 我们在布置奥尔巴克的画展 |
[06:32] | Don’t forget Lamaze. | 别忘了拉梅兹呼吸法的课 |
[06:34] | You think we could move it? | 你觉得我们能换个时间去吗 |
[06:37] | Hey, why don’t I go? | 话说 不如我去怎么样 |
[06:39] | – You? – You? | -你 -你 |
[06:40] | Is it a class for lesbian mothers? | 是专门面向同性恋妈妈的课吗 |
[06:42] | I won’t shave my legs. | 我不刮腿毛就是了 |
[06:43] | No one will notice. | 不会有人发现的 |
[06:45] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[06:46] | Good. Then it’ll serve as a gentle reminder that | 很好 这就算个小小的提醒 |
[06:48] | until someone comes up with a better plan, | 在有人想出更好的解决办法前 |
[06:50] | you still need a man for some things. | 有时候你们还是需要男人的 |
[06:53] | Hey, where have you been? | 嘿 你去哪了 |
[06:54] | I need those panels | 我需要那些画稿 |
[06:55] | so I can come up with some dialogue for the Evil Anal Probers. | 好给「邪恶探肛怪」写点对白 |
[06:58] | How about, “Up your ass”? | 「操你妈的」怎么样 |
[07:03] | Sounds about right. | 听起来不错 |
[07:11] | What’s with you? | 你怎么回事啊 |
[07:12] | What do you think? | 你以为呢 |
[07:13] | You told him that we knew, didn’t you? | 你告诉他我们知道了 是不是 |
[07:17] | Look, I… | 听我说 我… |
[07:18] | I didn’t mean to. It just… | 我不是有意的 只是 |
[07:20] | What, slipped out? | 只是什么 说漏嘴了 |
[07:22] | “We know you have cancer”. | 我们知道你得了癌症 |
[07:23] | That is the fucking lamest excuse I’ve ever heard. | 这是我他妈听过的最烂的理由 |
[07:26] | You’re the one who said | 是你自己说 |
[07:27] | that we should be strong and honour his wishes. | 我们应该坚强起来 尊重他的想法 |
[07:28] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[07:29] | Do you have any idea how hard that’s been? | 你知道这让我们的生活变得有多难吗 |
[07:31] | Why are you sorry? | 你对不起[后悔]什么 |
[07:33] | Did he kick you out? | 他把你撵出家门了吗 |
[07:35] | Did he say he never wanted to see you again? | 他对你说他再也不想见到你了吗 |
[07:37] | Well, if that’s the way he wants it, | 如果他希望这样 |
[07:38] | I’ll be glad to honour those wishes too. | 我也会尊重这些决定的 |
[07:51] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[07:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:56] | Professor Bruckner. | 布鲁克纳教授 |
[07:58] | That’s me. | 我就是 |
[07:59] | I’m sure you don’t remember me. I was… | 你一定不记得我了 我曾是… |
[08:01] | in your 1-10 seminar last year. | 我是你去年1-10研讨班的学生 |
[08:02] | There are so many students in that seminar. | 那个研讨班有很多学生 |
[08:05] | Anthony Flynn. | 安东尼·弗林 |
[08:06] | I hope you enjoyed it. | 希望你喜欢我的课 |
[08:08] | It was great. | 你的课很棒 |
[08:09] | In fact, I even went out and bought your book, “RU12”. | 其实我还去买了你的书《你也是吗》 |
[08:13] | But did you read it? | 那你看了吗 |
[08:15] | A few times, actually. | 老实说 看过几次了 |
[08:17] | I loved it. So well written. | 我很喜欢 写得很棒 |
[08:19] | You know, I agree with what the critics said on the jacket. | 我同意封面上那些评论家的点评 |
[08:23] | Send them a free copy, they’ll say anything. | 免费送一本 他们就什么都愿意说了 |
[08:25] | No, I’d… I’d really like to talk to you about it some time. | 不 我真的很想找个时间跟你交流一下 |
[08:29] | You see, I’m a writer too. Well, trying to be. | 我也是个作家 至少是想做个作家 |
[08:32] | As much as I like that, Anthony, | 我也很乐意与你交流 安东尼 |
[08:33] | it’s, uh, my policy not to fraternize with my students. | 但我的原则是不跟自己的学生交往过密 |
[08:36] | Even former ones? | 往届生也不行吗 |
[08:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[08:42] | I didn’t mean to put you in an awkward position. | 我不是有意让你为难的 |
[08:43] | No, it’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[08:44] | It’s just that your book really spoke to me. | 只是你的书真的让我很有感触 |
[08:47] | As a gay man, I mean. | 我是说 作为一个同性恋 |
[08:49] | By the time I’d finished it, | 我读完它的那一刻 |
[08:50] | I felt I’d discovered things about myself I’d never known. | 我感觉我找到了以前没发现的自我 |
[08:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[09:00] | Flynn. | 弗林 |
[09:01] | Yeah, you used to sit about halfway back, | 你 以前总是坐在教室中间靠后那排 |
[09:05] | way over on the right by the window with the fire escape. | 在右手边 旁边是消防通道的窗子那里 |
[09:08] | That’s me. | 是的 |
[09:12] | It’s a simple but elegant menu; | 菜单很简单 但是讲究 |
[09:14] | lobster, filet mignon, salad. | 有龙虾 菲力牛排 沙拉 |
[09:17] | And of course, dessert. | 当然 还有甜点 |
[09:22] | No, sure, I understand. | 当然不会 我理解 |
[09:26] | Well, that was the last possibility. | 最后的希望也破灭了 |
[09:29] | Ah, poor Em. | 可怜的小艾 |
[09:31] | I keep forgetting | 我总是忘记 |
[09:32] | how important Vic was to you too, Honey. | 维克对你来说同样是多么重要 亲爱的 |
[09:35] | Without him, your business is fucked, huh? | 少了他 你的生意就完了 对吧 |
[09:38] | But never fear, ’cause help is here. | 不过不要怕 救星到了 |
[09:42] | Where? | 在哪 |
[09:43] | You’re looking at it. | 远在天边 近在眼前 |
[09:44] | I’ll cancel my shift tonight. I’ll lend you a hand. | 我今晚请假不去上班 给你帮把手 |
[09:46] | Oh, thanks. But, uh, I need more than a hand, | 谢谢 不过 光是帮把手可不行 |
[09:49] | I need an entire body, preferably one belonging to a chef. | 我需要一整个顶用的人 最好是个厨师 |
[09:53] | What’s the matter with my cooking? | 我的厨艺哪里不好 |
[09:55] | Don’t take this the wrong way, | 我说了你可别生气 |
[09:56] | but not everything is covered in marinara sauce. | 不是所有的食物都要加大蒜番茄酱 |
[09:59] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:03] | “The October Detective”? | 《十月探案》 |
[10:05] | It’s one in a series. | 这是一套中的一本 |
[10:06] | Of 12? | 一共12本吗 |
[10:08] | How did you guess? | 你怎么猜到的 |
[10:10] | When it comes to clues, I’m quick. | 我对蛛丝马迹很敏锐的 |
[10:13] | For instance, I’ve, uh, | 比方说 我以前 |
[10:14] | never known you to read detective novels. | 从不知道你也看侦探小说 |
[10:17] | So? | 所以呢 |
[10:18] | So, I would surmise, using my brilliant powers of deduction, | 所以我用我天才的推理能力推测出 |
[10:22] | that it has something to do with one Lieutenant Horvath. | 这事跟霍瓦特探长有关系 |
[10:26] | Sorry, Sherlock. | 很遗憾 福尔摩斯 |
[10:28] | Carl came here strictly as a friend, | 卡尔只是作为一个朋友来看我 |
[10:30] | and there’s nothing between us. | 我们之间什么都没有 |
[10:32] | Oh, the look in his eyes said otherwise. | 他的眼神可是意味深长 |
[10:34] | What do you know about the look in a man’s… | 你懂个屁的男人的… |
[10:38] | Never mind, I take it back. | 算了 我收回这句话 |
[10:42] | Stop living in a book | 别钻在书里了 |
[10:44] | and start living your life. | 回到现实好好过日子吧 |
[10:48] | God, this chocolate mousse is scrumptious. | 天呐 这个巧克力慕斯真是人间极品 |
[10:52] | Perhaps I underestimated your culinary skills. | 或许我的确低估了你的厨艺 |
[10:54] | My chocolate mousse is covered in marinara sauce. | 我的巧克力慕斯上面有一层大蒜番茄酱 |
[10:59] | This is from that sweet kid, Darren. | 这是那个可爱的小伙子做的 达伦 |
[11:00] | You know, the one who got bashed? | 挨了揍的那个 |
[11:02] | I sent him food every day from the diner, | 以前我每天从餐厅给他送吃的 |
[11:04] | and now he’s sends me goodies back. | 现在他也回赠我一些 |
[11:06] | Kind of like a thank you. | 算是致谢吧 |
[11:08] | And he does it all himself. | 而且都是他亲手做的 |
[11:10] | I tell you, he can dance, he can cook. | 跟你说 他会跳舞 会做饭 |
[11:13] | He’s a knockout in a dress. | 穿上裙子还是个美人 |
[11:15] | He’d be a real catch for some lucky guy. | 谁能和他在一起绝对赚了 |
[11:21] | Em? | 小艾 |
[11:23] | Em? | 小艾 |
[11:25] | Where’d the fuck he go? | 又死哪去了 |
[11:30] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[11:40] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[11:46] | Jesus Christ, what’s wrong? | 老天啊 你怎么了 |
[11:48] | Nothing. | 没怎么 |
[11:50] | I’m fine. Why do you ask? | 我没事 为什么这么问 |
[11:52] | Well, for one thing, you look like shit. | 因为你看上去糟透了 |
[11:54] | Thank you. | 谢你了啊 |
[12:00] | Okay, look. Now, this is the second time this has happened. | 你已经是第二次这样了 |
[12:02] | Fucking accountants. | 该死的会计 |
[12:03] | Do you have to keep a record of everything? | 什么事都要做记录吗 |
[12:05] | I just want you to know that you can trust me, | 我只是想让你知道 你可以信任我 |
[12:08] | as a friend, and as someone who has been through it all. | 作为一个朋友 一个过来人 |
[12:11] | I mean, there is nothing I haven’t seen or done, | 我什么没见过 什么没干过 |
[12:13] | which is why I don’t presume to judge anyone. | 所以我不会戴有色眼镜看人 |
[12:16] | But there’s one thing I know: | 但我知道一件事 |
[12:18] | The first and hardest step you’ll ever have to take… | 第一步也是最难的一步 |
[12:23] | is admitting you have a problem. | 就是承认你有了麻烦 |
[12:24] | And once you’ve done that, | 一旦做到了这点 |
[12:25] | you’re on the road to recovery… | 你就踏上康复之路了 |
[12:27] | It’s the “Big C”, Ted. | 是C开头的那个词 泰德 |
[12:35] | Cocaine? | 可卡因 |
[12:39] | It’s bigger. | 比这更严重 |
[12:42] | Crystal? | 冰毒 |
[12:43] | Bigger. | 更严重 |
[12:47] | Caffeine? | 咖啡因 |
[12:47] | It’s cancer, Theodore. | 是癌症 西奥多 |
[12:54] | C-c-c-c… | 癌癌癌癌 |
[12:54] | – Yeah, – C-c-c-c. | -是的 -癌癌癌 |
[12:58] | But relax. | 放松吧 |
[13:01] | They got it. | 已经切除了 |
[13:04] | I’m in radiation. | 我在做放射性治疗 |
[13:07] | Started this morning. | 今天上午开始的 |
[13:10] | Would you excuse me for a moment? | 先失陪了 |
[13:37] | I can’t tell you how relieved I am. | 我刚刚真是松了一大口气 |
[13:40] | I mean, that… that you’re going to be all right. | 我的意思是 你肯定会好起来的 |
[13:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:56] | Is there anything I can do? | 有什么我能做的吗 |
[13:58] | Yeah, as a matter of fact, | 是的 倒还真有 |
[14:00] | you can do three things. | 你可以做三件事 |
[14:03] | First… | 第一 |
[14:06] | keep your big mouth shut, | 管好你的大嘴巴 |
[14:09] | or you’re fired. | 不然我就炒了你 |
[14:10] | Sealing. Sealing. | 封住了 封住了 |
[14:12] | Second? | 第二呢 |
[14:13] | I want you to cover for me this afternoon with Dandy Lube. | 今天下午替我和花花公子润滑油的人开会 |
[14:19] | Wait, cover f-for you? | 等等 替你 |
[14:21] | Make the presentation. | 替我做创意展示 |
[14:22] | But I… I… | 可是我… |
[14:23] | Look, if you could pretend… | 如果你可以… |
[14:25] | that you were Pavarotti at that pathetic pasta palace, | 在那家可悲的意大利面屋里 假装自己是帕瓦罗蒂 |
[14:31] | you can do this. | 你就能代我上阵 |
[14:37] | What’s the third? | 第三件事呢 |
[14:38] | Call me a cab. | 帮我叫辆出租车 |
[14:42] | I’m going home. | 我要回家 |
[14:49] | And the part where all your friends were turning positive… | 书中写到你所有的朋友都成了HIV携带者那部分 |
[14:52] | How about over there? | 去那边怎么样 |
[14:53] | Uh, fine. | 行 |
[14:54] | But you still hadn’t been infected. | 但你还没有被感染 |
[14:56] | Yeah, I remember feeling terrified that I’d be next. | 是的 我记得当时很怕下一个就是自己 |
[15:00] | But at the same time… | 可是同时 |
[15:03] | feeling like I just wanted to get it over with. | 又觉得我只想一切快点结束 |
[15:06] | Then when you converted, it… | 当你被感染后 |
[15:08] | it put you in a whole different place. | 你整个人会陷入一个完全不同的境地 |
[15:10] | Spiritually, | 精神上 |
[15:11] | emotionally, | 情感上 |
[15:13] | politically. | 政治上 |
[15:15] | You know, I have to tell you, uh… | 我必须告诉你 |
[15:17] | it was very moving. | 那真的很感人 |
[15:26] | Anthony, may I ask you a personal question? | 安东尼 我能问你一个私人问题吗 |
[15:28] | I feel like I already know so much about you, | 我感觉我已经这么了解你 |
[15:30] | it’s only fair. | 你问了才公平 |
[15:32] | Are you positive? | 你是HIV阳性患者吗 |
[15:34] | No. | 不是 |
[15:37] | But your book still spoke to me. | 但你的书还是让我很有共鸣 |
[15:39] | And isn’t that the measure of any great book? | 这不正是衡量伟大著作的标准吗 |
[15:41] | That it speaks to everyone? | 能让每个人都有共鸣 |
[15:44] | I don’t know about that. | 这个我可不敢说 |
[15:45] | I mean, about it being a great book. But thanks. | 我不知道这能不能算上伟大著作 不过 谢谢夸奖 |
[15:48] | So the question is, | 所以我想问的是 |
[15:50] | when’s the next one coming out? | 下一本什么时候出 |
[15:51] | That is the question. | 那正是问题所在 |
[15:54] | Just finished a novel about two men, | 我刚写完一本小说 讲的是三十年代 |
[15:56] | set in Paris in the ’30s. | 两个男人在巴黎发生的事 |
[15:58] | Sounds great. | 听起来不错 |
[16:00] | There’re a couple dozen publishers who don’t agree with you. | 有好几十家出版商都不同意你的看法 |
[16:02] | They’ve all turned it down. | 他们都拒绝出版 |
[16:05] | Well, I’d love to read it… | 我很想拜读一下 |
[16:07] | if you’d let me. | 如果你允许的话 |
[16:09] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:11] | I’m an English lit major, | 我主修文学 |
[16:13] | a budding young writer, and I work in a library. | 将来还要做作家 又在图书馆工作 |
[16:16] | Oh, and I got an “A” In your course. | 还有 我在你的课上得了优 |
[16:18] | That should qualify me to | 这些说明我应该有资格 |
[16:19] | know a little something about good writing. | 评判什么是好的著作 |
[16:26] | At the risk of losing a fan… | 冒着失去一名粉丝的风险 |
[16:29] | Or… | 也许 |
[16:30] | gaining an even bigger one. | 你会得到一个更忠实的粉丝 |
[16:36] | ♪I’d be the “Man” in mankind♪ | ♪我要成为”人类”当中的那个男人♪ |
[16:39] | ♪And the universal he♪ | ♪成为真正的男人♪ |
[16:42] | ♪Every door that once was shut♪ | ♪曾对我关闭的每一扇门♪ |
[16:44] | ♪Would open for me♪ | ♪都将对我打开♪ |
[16:47] | ♪If I were a man♪ | ♪只要我是男人就行♪ |
[16:49] | ♪If I were a man, I’d like to meet somebody like me♪ | ♪如果我是男人 我想认识一个像我这样的人♪ |
[16:54] | ♪If I were a man, I’d like to meet somebody like me♪ | ♪如果我是男人 我想认识一个像我这样的人♪ |
[17:02] | Bravo! | 太棒了帅哥 |
[17:04] | I mean, brava! | 我是说 太棒了美女 |
[17:07] | I’m, um, Emmett Honeycutt, | 我是艾美特·哈尼卡特 |
[17:08] | I live with Debbie Novotny. | 我跟黛比·诺瓦特尼住一起 |
[17:10] | We met at the | 我们在 |
[17:11] | “So what if it’s not Christmas? | “今天不是圣诞又如何 |
[17:12] | We’re having a Christmas party anyway” Party. | 我们就是要开圣诞派对”的派对上见过 |
[17:14] | Right. | 对哦 |
[17:15] | You are fabulous. | 你真是棒极了 |
[17:17] | I just love the routines, the gowns… | 我喜欢你的舞步 演出服 |
[17:20] | the chocolate mousse. | 巧克力慕斯 |
[17:22] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[17:24] | I’m a party planner. | 我是派对策划人 |
[17:27] | Debbie’s brother, Vic, uh, was my chef before he passed away. | 黛比的弟弟维克 生前是我的厨师 |
[17:31] | He’s gone now, but our business isn’t. | 虽然他已经不在了 但我们的事业还在 |
[17:34] | And if anyone knows the show must go on, it’s you. | 如果说有谁能理解演出永不停歇 就是你了 |
[17:37] | So… | 所以 |
[17:39] | You want Shanda Leer to perform at a party? | 你想让桑德拉·丽尔在派对上表演 |
[17:41] | No. I want Darren to cook for a party. | 不是 我想找达伦来为一个派对制作食物 |
[17:46] | But, uh… | 但是 |
[17:48] | I’m not a chef. | 我不是厨师 |
[17:50] | Well, you do a fabulous impersonation of that too. | 你模仿厨师也相当在行 |
[17:53] | I mean, those delicacies you’ve been sending over to Deb’s | 你送给黛比的那些美味佳肴 |
[17:56] | are to die for. | 好吃的要死 |
[17:57] | No offence, Vic. | 无意冒犯 维克 |
[18:00] | I’d love to help you out, but… | 我很乐意帮忙 不过 |
[18:02] | Shanda’s making a comeback. | 桑德拉要回归了[回嘴] |
[18:05] | God, I hate that word. | 天呐 我讨厌这个词 |
[18:07] | It’s a… | 应该说 |
[18:09] | return. | 东山再起 |
[18:11] | There’s just no time. | 真的没有时间去做这事 |
[18:14] | You can’t blame a girl for trying. | 也不能怪我 总归是要试试的 |
[18:18] | Good luck. | 祝好运 |
[18:20] | break a leg. | 演出成功[摔断腿] |
[18:29] | Damn. | 该死 |
[18:31] | Didn’t mean it literally. | 我不是指字面意思 |
[18:32] | Look at this. Ruined. | 看看这个 毁了 |
[18:34] | Do you know how much these satin pumps in a size 11-1/2 cost? | 你知道11.5码的缎面高跟鞋要多少钱吗 |
[18:40] | Not to mention the new gowns, and the hair. | 更别说还要买新的演出服 假发 |
[18:43] | Shanda may be a star, | 桑德拉也许是个明星 |
[18:44] | but she’s going to drive me to the poorhouse. | 可是她会让我破产进救济院的 |
[18:49] | Honey, let’s review. | 亲爱的 我们来捋一下 |
[18:52] | You need dough, | 你需要钱[面粉] |
[18:53] | and I need someone to stuff it with spinach and porcini mushrooms. | 我需要有人用面粉来制作美味的食物 |
[19:02] | Mail’s here. | 信来了 |
[19:04] | Since when do I get special delivery? | 我什么时候有专门的邮递员上门服务了 |
[19:06] | Since this arrived from that place | 就从这封信开始 |
[19:08] | I’m not supposed to use in a sentence. | 寄信地址是我不能提的那个 |
[19:11] | It’s from Brett. | 布雷特寄来的 |
[19:12] | You mean Mr. Keller. | 你是说凯勒先生 |
[19:15] | Stop staring and open the goddamn letter, already. | 别盯着看了 赶紧拆开吧 |
[19:23] | It’s two cheques, one made out to Justin | 是两张支票 一张给贾斯汀 |
[19:25] | and one made out to me, each for… | 一张给我 两张都是 |
[19:27] | $10,000. | 一万美元 |
[19:28] | 10,000… oh my God! | 一万 我的天呐 |
[19:36] | We’re rich! | 我们发了 |
[19:37] | Not quite. | 还不算 |
[19:38] | But we will be. | 不过就快了 |
[19:39] | Just imagine, Rage on the silver screen. | 想象一下吧 把狂怒搬上大银幕 |
[19:41] | Big budget special effects. | 大手笔的特效镜头 |
[19:43] | Millions in fast-food merchandising tie-ins. | 所有的快餐店里都销售我们的周边产品 |
[19:45] | Tom Cruise pumping away in hot, superhero man-sex. | 汤姆·克鲁斯上演火辣的超级英雄性爱场面 |
[19:47] | Careful. He’ll sue your ass. | 当心点 他会去法院告你的 |
[19:49] | Can’t sue someone for dreaming. | 不能因为我做白日梦就告我吧 |
[19:51] | Speaking of dreams, | 说到梦想 |
[19:53] | this came too. | 还有这封信 |
[19:54] | It’s from Greenpoint Press. | 从绿点出版社寄来的 |
[19:56] | Well, you can’t open someone else’s mail. | 不可以私拆他人的信件 |
[19:59] | It’s a federal offence. | 这是犯法的重罪 |
[20:01] | I can see it now. | 我都能想象的到 |
[20:02] | I’m on death row, awaiting a lethal injection. | 我正在排队等着被处死呢 |
[20:04] | This mass murderer who killed 48 babies and ate them | 一个杀害了48个小孩并吃掉的杀人狂魔 |
[20:07] | asks me what I’m being executed for. | 问我为什么被处决 |
[20:09] | I say, “Opening Ben’s letter.” | 我说 因为拆了本的信件 |
[20:12] | Still, it’s not ethical. | 不管怎么说 这是不道德的 |
[20:14] | Ethical, schmethical. | 道德 不道德 |
[20:16] | Oops. Too late. | 哎呀 太迟了 |
[20:19] | Should I seal it back up? | 我要不要再把它封好呢 |
[20:20] | Well, I suppose since it’s already open… | 我想 既然已经打开了 |
[20:23] | That’s what I like, a man with values. | 这才是我喜欢的 有价值观的男人 |
[20:31] | They think it sucks. | 他们觉得书很烂 |
[20:32] | Shit. | 该死 |
[20:35] | Shit. | 该死 |
[20:37] | Ben’s going to be so upset. | 本会难受死的 |
[20:38] | Not if he never gets it. | 看不到这信就不会了 |
[20:41] | Gimme that. | 给我 |
[20:52] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰到你了吗 |
[20:54] | Just about to devour my Manwich. | 正打算消灭我的”三人治”呢 |
[20:56] | In my neighbourhood, that’s three guys fucking. | 在我家那片 那个词是三个男人一起操的意思 |
[20:59] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[21:00] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[21:04] | How you doing? | 近来如何 |
[21:06] | Better. | 好多了 |
[21:07] | Thanks in no small part to you. | 很大程度上要感谢你 |
[21:09] | I’m glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听到这话 |
[21:11] | I’m, um… I’m sorry you’re finishing lunch, ’cause I was | 很抱歉打扰你用餐 因为我 |
[21:15] | gonna take you up on your offer. | 本来打算接受你的建议 |
[21:16] | You know, step out, have a bite? | 一起出去 吃个饭 |
[21:20] | But I have to warn you, Carl, | 不过我得先提醒你 卡尔 |
[21:21] | I haven’t changed much. | 我还是老样子 |
[21:23] | I’ve still got a big mouth and I still speak my mind, and… | 我还是个大嘴巴 想什么说什么 |
[21:27] | I’m still as stubborn as a prom week pimple. | 固执的像毕业舞会前脸上的痘痘 |
[21:31] | But if that’s still okay with you, then how about dinner? | 如果你还愿意的话 一起吃晚饭怎么样 |
[21:36] | – Debbie… – I’ve been having these dreams about lobster lately. | -黛比 -我最近老是梦到龙虾 |
[21:39] | I’m adrift on this sea of melted butter and… | 自己飘浮在熔化的黄油海上 |
[21:42] | Debbie. | 黛比 |
[21:42] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:44] | I’ve been seeing someone. | 我已经有女朋友了 |
[21:50] | Couple of months now. | 好几个月了 |
[21:52] | Her name’s Katharine. | 她叫凯瑟琳 |
[21:56] | Well, that’s good news. | 真是好消息 |
[21:58] | See, when I asked you if you wanted to get a bite, | 那天我问你要不要出去吃一顿的时候 |
[22:01] | it was as friends. | 是作为朋友的邀请 |
[22:03] | I hope I didn’t give you the wrong… | 我希望没有令你误会 |
[22:04] | Oh no, no. Not at all. | 不 没有 完全没有 |
[22:09] | Katharine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[22:11] | I had an aunt named Katharine. | 我有一个姑姑也叫凯瑟琳 |
[22:12] | She was a great lady. | 她是个伟大的女性 |
[22:14] | She was named after Katharine Hepburn. | 是根据凯瑟琳·赫本的名字起名的 |
[22:15] | Another great lady. | 那也是一位伟大的女性 |
[22:22] | I’m very happy for you, Carl. | 我真为你高兴 卡尔 |
[22:27] | I truly am. | 真的 |
[22:37] | The difference between our lube and their lube | 我们的润滑油与他们的不同之处在于 |
[22:39] | is, our lube says… | 我们的润滑油直指 |
[22:42] | “Sex.” | 性 |
[22:45] | If you, uh… | 如果你 |
[22:48] | If you want to be cool, if you want to be popular, | 如果你想变酷 想当万人迷 |
[22:51] | if you want to get laid, this is the lube you use. | 如果你想做爱 这就是你要用的润滑油 |
[22:59] | On your car, I mean. | 给你的车用 我是说 |
[23:02] | I fail to see | 恕我没看出来 |
[23:03] | how getting an oil change or having your tires rotated | 换个润滑油或者让轮子转起来 |
[23:06] | can improve your sex life. | 怎么就能改善你的性生活了 |
[23:09] | Well, see, that’s where you’re wrong. | 瞧 你错就错在这儿 |
[23:13] | I’m wrong? | 我错了吗 |
[23:14] | Not… not wrong. I mean, uh, | 不 不是错 我是说 |
[23:17] | no, just… not right. | 没有 只是 不太正确 |
[23:19] | What he means is that with… | 他的意思是 |
[23:21] | a sexier, more playful new image, | 一个更性感 更有趣的新形象 |
[23:24] | you can expand Dandy Lube’s share of the market. | 可以让你拓展花花公子润滑油的市场份额 |
[23:27] | Yeah, that… that’s it. Just what she said. | 对 没错 就是这个意思 |
[23:30] | By suggesting we have half-naked muscle boys | 通过暗示我们的车厂里有半裸肌肉男 |
[23:33] | offering lube-jobs in a, uh, clothing-optional garage? | 帮你上润滑油 还可能全裸吗 |
[23:36] | By appealing to women and gay men. | 通过吸引女人和男同 |
[23:40] | That’s an interesting point, dad. | 这个想法有意思 爸爸 |
[23:41] | Gays are an important demographic these days. | 近年来 男同群体不容小觑 |
[23:45] | Well, we’re meeting with Vangard this afternoon. | 下午我们还要和凡佳广告公司洽谈 |
[23:48] | I’m sure they’ll have a more, uh, straightforward approach. | 我肯定他们会有更”直”截了当的方案 |
[23:52] | Coming, Doug? | 走吧 道格 |
[24:00] | Could you direct me to the men’s room? | 请问洗手间在哪儿 |
[24:01] | It’s down the hall to your left. | 到走廊尽头左手边就是 |
[24:09] | That’d be your cue. | 那就是你行动的信号了 |
[24:10] | My cue? | 我的信号 |
[24:12] | To nail the account. | 把客户”搞”定啊 |
[24:15] | Oh no, I couldn’t. I mean… | 不 我不行 我是说 |
[24:17] | Well, what makes you think that he…? | 你凭什么觉得他… |
[24:18] | Suppose he’s not, and I… | 万一他不是 那我… |
[24:19] | Well, it never stopped Brian. | 布莱恩可没因此而退缩过 |
[24:21] | Make him proud. | 让他骄傲吧 |
[24:42] | Your presentation was very… | 你的创意展示非常的 |
[24:45] | interesting. | 有趣 |
[24:48] | Your father didn’t seem to think so. | 你父亲似乎不这么认为 |
[24:51] | Dad just hears the initial pitches and… | 我爸只是听最初的推介 |
[24:54] | then it’s up to me to follow through. | 最终还是由我来跟进 |
[25:02] | So, do you have anything else you’d like to show me? | 那么 你还有没有别的什么想给我看的呢 |
[25:11] | Yeah. | 有 |
[25:15] | This. | 这个 |
[25:23] | Perfect timing. | 来得真巧 |
[25:25] | Your drawings have just come back from the framer. | 你的画刚刚从装裱师那里运回来 |
[25:30] | Don’t you like it? | 你不喜欢吗 |
[25:32] | I already know what my stuff looks like. | 我已经知道我的画是什么样的了 |
[25:34] | I’m far more interested in seeing something that isn’t mine. | 我倒是更想看别人的东西 |
[25:37] | Oh, that’s nothing. | 那个没什么 |
[25:39] | Just a minor piece by an unknown artist. | 就是一个无名画家的小作 |
[25:41] | Peterson. “Figure study”. | 彼得森 人体习作 |
[25:43] | Sam, Sam. Wait. | 山姆 山姆 等等 |
[25:45] | I-I… I’m not sure you’re going to like it. | 我不确定你会不会喜欢 |
[25:48] | I’m not even sure I like it. | 我都不确定自己喜不喜欢 |
[25:49] | Then why’d you have it framed? | 那你为什么把它裱起来 |
[25:52] | Good question. | 问得好 |
[25:56] | Something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[25:57] | No. Nothing. | 没 没什么 |
[25:59] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[26:00] | You’re hyper-ventilating. | 你在大喘气 |
[26:05] | You better sit down. | 你最好先坐下 |
[26:07] | Wouldn’t want you to do something girlie, | 我可不想你做出什么柔弱女子的事 |
[26:08] | like faint. | 比如晕倒 |
[26:09] | Easy for you to say. | 你说得倒容易 |
[26:10] | Sam Auerbach isn’t about to evaluate your work. | 山姆·奥尔巴克又没要评估你的作品 |
[26:16] | Ho-ly shit! | 天呐 |
[26:18] | I knew you wouldn’t like it. | 我就知道你不会喜欢的 |
[26:19] | – No… Would… – Don’t look. | -不 你… -别看 |
[26:20] | would you sit down and shut up? | 你能给我坐下来别说话吗 |
[26:27] | You flatter me, my dear. | 你真是抬举我了 亲爱的 |
[26:29] | By at least a couple inches. | 某个部位至少”大”了几英寸 |
[26:32] | What about the rest of you? | 那剩下的部分呢 |
[26:34] | Doesn’t look like me. | 不像我 |
[26:36] | That’s what Gertrude Stein said | 格特鲁德·斯泰因就是这样评价 |
[26:36] | to Picasso about her portrait. | 毕加索为她画的肖像的 |
[26:38] | Know what he said? | 知道毕加索怎么回的吗 |
[26:40] | “It will.” | “将来会像的” |
[26:45] | It’s good. It’s really good. | 挺好的 真的挺不错 |
[26:47] | If I weren’t me, I’d be jealous. | 如果我不是我 我早就嫉妒了 |
[26:49] | You were the inspiration. | 你是灵感所在啊 |
[26:52] | You know, if you weren’t a fucking dyke, | 话说 你他妈要不是个女同 |
[26:53] | I’d ask you to marry me. | 我就向你求婚了 |
[26:54] | Oh, is that how it works? | 原来你是这种人啊 |
[26:55] | You propose to any woman who flatters you? | 你向每一个恭维你的女人求婚 |
[26:57] | Generally speaking. And with disastrous results. | 一般说来是这样 不过后果都比较惨烈 |
[26:59] | Well if I weren’t already married, I might just accept. | 要不是我已经结婚了 我也许真会答应呢 |
[27:20] | Brian. | 布莱恩 |
[27:24] | Brian! | 布莱恩 |
[27:28] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[27:33] | Jesus, what happened to you? | 天呐 你这是怎么了 |
[27:36] | Chernobyl. | 切尔诺贝利核辐射 |
[27:41] | Christ, you should be in bed. | 天呐 你应该卧床休息 |
[27:42] | Well, I was, but… | 我本来是在床上 但是 |
[27:44] | someone kept knock, knock, knocking at my fucking door. | 有人一直敲啊敲啊敲我这扇该死的门 |
[27:49] | What are you doing? | 你来这里干什么 |
[27:50] | I’m making some chicken soup. | 我来做些鸡汤 |
[27:54] | There’s nothing in here but beer and poppers. | 冰箱里除了啤酒和催情药什么都没有 |
[27:57] | All the essentials. | 都是必需品 |
[27:59] | Well, we’re going to have to stock up on groceries. | 我们得去囤点食品杂货了 |
[28:02] | Michael… | 迈克 |
[28:03] | – As long as I’m here, I can do your laundry. – Michael! | -既然我都来了 顺便也帮你洗下衣服吧 -迈克 |
[28:06] | This is exactly why I did not want anyone to know. | 这就是为什么我不想让大家知道 |
[28:09] | It’s why I told everyone I went to Ibiza, | 也是我告诉大家我去了伊维萨岛的原因 |
[28:11] | in the hopes that I wouldn’t | 我就是希望我不会 |
[28:12] | be treated like an invalid, or a victim, | 被当作病人或受害者对待 |
[28:15] | or like I was going to die. | 或搞得像我快死了一样 |
[28:17] | Now would you get out of here! | 现在你给我滚出去 |
[28:42] | What don’t you understand about “Fuck off”? | “滚蛋”两个字你哪里不懂了 |
[28:44] | Oh, you think you can kick me out of here the way you did Justin? | 你以为你能像对贾斯汀一样把我撵走吗 |
[28:47] | And for what? | 为了什么 |
[28:48] | Trying not to let on that he knew, | 就因为不想揭示他已经知道了 |
[28:50] | because that’s the way you wanted it? | 因为那是你想要的方式 |
[28:52] | He deserves to know. He’s your lover. | 他理应知道 他是你的爱人 |
[28:55] | Your partner, whether you want to admit it or not. | 你的伴侣 不管你承不承认 |
[29:00] | And sick or not, | 不管你得没得病 |
[29:00] | that’s a fucking shitty way to treat him. | 你这样对他实在太混蛋了 |
[29:02] | I was only trying to make it easier. | 我只是想让一切轻松点 |
[29:05] | By never seeing him again? | 通过再也不见他吗 |
[29:06] | He would’ve left sooner or later anyway. | 反正他迟早都会离开我 |
[29:08] | Might as well be sooner. | 不如早点 |
[29:09] | – What are you talking… – Would you just go home, | -你说什么呢 -你给我回去行吗 |
[29:12] | Michael? | 迈克 |
[29:13] | Go home to your wife and your kid. | 回去陪你的老婆孩子去 |
[29:31] | Have I told you how much I love you? | 我说过我有多爱你吗 |
[29:33] | Not for at least 10 minutes. | 至少有十分钟没说了 |
[29:34] | Then I’d better remind you. | 那我最好提醒你一下 |
[29:36] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[29:41] | What a fool I’ve been. | 我真是个傻瓜 |
[29:43] | All those Sunday afternoons going to tea dances at Woody’s, | 周日下午去伍迪酒吧 |
[29:46] | when I could’ve been going to football games instead. | 还不如去看橄榄球赛 |
[29:48] | Those Iron Men are delectable. | 那些铁人队的球员真是秀色可餐 |
[29:50] | Almost as delectable as your cherries jubilee. | 好吃得快赶上你的樱桃雪山了 |
[29:53] | We’re about to make the announcement! | 我们就要宣布了 |
[29:56] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[30:01] | Can we have your attention, everyone? | 请大家安静一下 |
[30:03] | Drew and I have an announcement to make. | 德鲁和我要宣布一件事 |
[30:06] | As you all know, there’s only one person who’s | 如各位所知 只有一个人 |
[30:09] | better at kicking balls than I am, and that’s Sierra. | “球”踢得比我好 那就是赛拉 |
[30:13] | So after threatening to kick mine over the goal post, | 所以在她威胁要把我的”球”踢入门线后 |
[30:16] | I’ve finally agreed to marry her. | 我终于决定娶她 |
[30:17] | We’re engaged! | 我们订婚了 |
[30:28] | Drew, where’d you get those caterers? | 德鲁 你从哪儿找来的这些宴席策划 |
[30:31] | Looks like a couple of flamers to me. | 我觉得他们应该是死基佬 |
[30:45] | Excuse me, Mr. Boyd. | 打扰一下 博伊德先生 |
[30:49] | I hope I’m not, uh, out of place for saying this. | 我希望我没有 表现得太唐突 |
[30:52] | Actually, I don’t give a fuck if I am. | 实际上 就算有我也不在乎 |
[30:55] | Back in Hazelhurst, uh, Mississippi, | 在密西西比州的哈泽赫斯 |
[30:56] | where I grew up, | 我长大的地方 |
[30:58] | I was always taught that | 我总被教导 |
[30:59] | if a real man has something to say about someone, | 如果正人君子要评论别人 |
[31:02] | he says it to his face, not behind his back. | 他会当面点出 而非背后挖苦 |
[31:05] | So even though you may be a… a star, | 所以即便你是个 明星 |
[31:08] | you know, captain of the team, hero to millions, | 球队队长 百万人眼中的英雄 |
[31:12] | you still have a lot to learn about being a man. | 你还有很多做人的道理要学 |
[31:24] | Flaming cherries jubilee? | 烈焰樱桃雪山 |
[31:25] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:29] | It looks like someone’s opened it. | 看起来有人打开过了 |
[31:31] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[31:32] | It must’ve been one of the neighbours. | 肯定是哪个邻居干的 |
[31:33] | They’re always snooping. | 他们总爱窥探别人的秘密 |
[31:46] | They rejected it. | 他们拒绝出版 |
[31:47] | We know! | 我们知道 |
[31:49] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[31:50] | that totally sucks. | 真是糟糕透了 |
[31:54] | I’m sorry, Ben. | 我很遗憾 本 |
[31:59] | Well, I guess that’s that. | 没事 就这样吧 |
[32:02] | Didn’t some famous writer | 不是有一些著名的作家 |
[32:04] | like, Ernest Hemingway or Stephen King | 比如欧内斯特·海明威或者史蒂芬·金 |
[32:06] | send their book to 24 publishers before someone finally accepted it? | 投了24家出版社 才终于有人愿意出版吗 |
[32:11] | This was the 25th. | 这是第25家了 |
[32:16] | Still, you’re a wonderful writer, | 不管怎样 你是个很棒的作家 |
[32:18] | and you have a million stories inside you. | 还有无数篇故事蕴藉于胸 |
[32:21] | And that’s why I got you something to help you tell them. | 所以我给你买了东西来帮你讲述它们 |
[32:25] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[32:27] | It’s called a computer. | 它叫”电脑” |
[32:28] | You said you needed a new one. | 你说过你需要个新的 |
[32:30] | I didn’t realize you could afford something this extravagant. | 我没想到你能买得起这么奢侈的东西 |
[32:33] | It was me. I paid for it. | 是我 我出钱买的 |
[32:35] | – I’ve been moonlighting. – Shut up. | -我一直在做兼职 -闭嘴 |
[32:38] | I got a cheque today from… | 我今天收到支票了 |
[32:43] | Hollywood. | 好莱坞寄来的 |
[32:46] | So you read my mail, | 所以你们看了我的信 |
[32:48] | figured you’d better do something to cheer me up, | 想要做点什么来哄我开心 |
[32:50] | and went out and bought me a computer? | 于是就去给我买了个电脑 |
[32:53] | That’s pretty much the plot in a nutshell. | 差不多是这么计划的 |
[32:55] | Well I don’t want your consolation prize or your pity. | 我不需要你们的安慰奖或者同情心 |
[33:01] | Ben. | 本 |
[33:06] | So, uh… | 那 |
[33:08] | does this mean I get the computer? | 是不是说电脑归我了 |
[33:20] | Nice to see you back on the job. | 很高兴见你又出现了 |
[33:23] | As Liberty Avenue’s leading fag-hag? | 作为自由大道的头号基佬密友 |
[33:26] | Accept no substitutes. | 实在无法取代啊 |
[33:29] | Cosmo, please. | 大都会鸡尾酒 谢谢 |
[33:31] | So how was your party? | 你的派对怎么样 |
[33:32] | Did Darren work out? | 达伦干得好吗 |
[33:33] | Kid’s got quite a range. | 那孩子可真是全面的好手 |
[33:35] | Kitsch to kitchen. | 上得舞台 下得厨房 |
[33:37] | As for me, it was my usual triumph, except for the host. | 我嘛 别的都挺好 除了那个男主人 |
[33:41] | Some macho asshole, plays for the Iron Men. | 一个雄壮的混蛋 效力于铁人队的 |
[33:45] | Halfback… | 前卫 |
[33:46] | quarterback… | 四分卫 |
[33:48] | thirdback. | 三分卫什么的 |
[33:51] | Yeah, straight guys, you can keep ’em. | 是啊 直男 你留着他们吧 |
[33:53] | No thanks. | 不 谢了 |
[33:56] | Although there is a certain detective I’ve hold onto, if I were you. | 不过如果我是你的话 我一定要把握住某位探长 |
[34:00] | Refill, please. | 再来一杯 谢谢 |
[34:03] | Did you hear what I said? | 你听到我说什么了吗 |
[34:04] | Just when you hand them your heart, they go and… | 你对他们掏心掏肺时 他们却 |
[34:09] | drop-kick it. | 一脚踢飞 |
[34:11] | Hidden in the football metaphor is a secret clue. | 这个橄榄球比喻暗藏了一条线索 |
[34:17] | I suspect to another woman? | 我猜是他有了别的女人 |
[34:21] | Damn, you’re good. | 妈的 你真厉害 |
[34:25] | It’s like Oliver Marconi all over again. | 就像奥利弗·马可尼一事卷土重来 |
[34:30] | He was a sweet boy. | 他是个很可爱的男孩 |
[34:33] | Lived next door to us when I was growing up. | 从小他就住在我家隔壁 |
[34:35] | And he had a huge crush on me. | 他可迷恋我了 |
[34:39] | Of course, I didn’t know he was alive | 当然 我根本没注意到过他的存在 |
[34:40] | until he and his family moved away. | 直到他们一家都搬走以后 |
[34:43] | Then I started aching for him. | 然后我就开始思念他了 |
[34:47] | But it was too late. | 但已经太晚了 |
[34:52] | It’s funny, I… | 有意思的是 我 |
[34:53] | I still hold a piece of my heart for him. | 我还在心里留着他的位置 |
[34:57] | Same as I do for Carl. | 就像我对卡尔一样 |
[35:00] | So he’s dating. | 他在跟人交往 |
[35:02] | So what? Doesn’t mean anything. | 那又怎样 又不代表什么 |
[35:05] | Hell, dating in this place just means you | 拜托 在这地方 交往就意味着 |
[35:06] | sucked some guy’s dick and went out for coffee. | 帮人口交 然后一起去喝杯咖啡 |
[35:11] | Well, unless there’s something he’s not telling me… | 除非他还有什么没告诉我的 |
[35:16] | this chick ain’t got a dick. | 他的那个女人可没有鸡巴 |
[35:20] | And it’s more than a cuppa Joe. | 他们之间也不仅仅是一杯咖啡 |
[35:23] | He’s gone, Em. | 他不属于我了 小艾 |
[35:27] | I lost him. | 我失去他了 |
[35:34] | Beautiful. | 很好 |
[35:42] | Excellent. | 真不错 |
[35:46] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[35:48] | Why aren’t you breathing? | 你怎么不深呼吸 |
[35:49] | Me? | 我 |
[35:51] | This is a team effort. | 这是团队合作 |
[35:53] | Your rhythm helps maintain her rhythm. | 你的节奏能帮助她保持节奏 |
[35:57] | Right. | 很好 |
[36:02] | My rhythm? | 我的节奏 |
[36:03] | Who does she think I am, B.B. King? | 她以为我是谁 大音乐家B·B·金吗 |
[36:05] | She probably thinks you’re my husb | 她八成以为你是我丈夫 |
[36:07] | and we’re this cute married couple, like them. | 我们像他们一样 是可爱的一对 |
[36:12] | I’d say we’re cuter. | 我觉得我们更可爱 |
[36:13] | Wouldn’t she be surprised to know the truth? | 她要是知道真相会不会很吃惊 |
[36:16] | Maybe not. | 不一定吧 |
[36:16] | Maybe she’d just think, “How sweet,” | 她可能会想 多甜蜜啊 |
[36:19] | Or, “Isn’t that interesting?” | 或者是 多有趣啊 |
[36:22] | Better yet, maybe she wouldn’t care at all. | 最好的是 也许她根本不在意 |
[36:25] | I think it’s amazing, how far we’ve come. | 我觉得我们走到这步已经很了不起了 |
[36:29] | You and Ben, me and Lindsay. | 你和本 我和琳赛 |
[36:31] | I’d say we’re fucking lucky to have such stable home lives, | 我们有这么稳定的家庭生活真他妈幸运 |
[36:34] | wonderful mates whom we love and who love us, | 我们爱我们的伴侣 他们也爱我们 |
[36:38] | one beautiful child and another one on the way. | 有一个可爱的孩子 另一个也快降临了 |
[36:41] | Bright futures all around. | 前途一片光明 |
[36:43] | Bright futures all around. | 前途一片光明 |
[36:53] | I was just at Lamaze class with Mel. | 我刚陪茉儿去上拉梅兹呼吸法 |
[36:55] | I came for the cheque. | 我来拿支票 |
[36:57] | Oh, right. | 对哦 |
[37:00] | I was going to drop it off. | 我还准备送去给你的 |
[37:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:06] | Wait up. | 等等 |
[37:07] | What for? | 有什么事 |
[37:08] | I saw Brian last night. | 我昨晚见布莱恩了 |
[37:10] | Lucky you. | 你可真幸运 |
[37:12] | He looked like shit. | 他看上去糟糕透顶 |
[37:14] | Felt so bad, he could hardly get out of bed. | 他感觉很糟 几乎不能下床 |
[37:15] | I’m sorry to hear that, | 听到这个我很遗憾 |
[37:16] | but it really doesn’t concern me any more. | 但是他的事已经跟我毫无关系 |
[37:19] | That’s bullshit. | 放屁 |
[37:20] | He fucking kicked me out. | 他把我赶出来了 |
[37:22] | He said he didn’t want to see me again. | 他说他不想再看到我 |
[37:23] | More like, he doesn’t want you to see him. | 更有可能是他不希望你再看到他 |
[37:27] | You’ve read the Kinney operating manual. | 你已经看过肯尼的使用说明了 |
[37:29] | He thinks now that he’s sick, | 他觉得他现在病了 |
[37:31] | that he’s no longer perfect, that you won’t love him any more… | 不再完美了 你就不会再爱他 |
[37:36] | that you’re going to leave him. | 你就会离开他 |
[37:38] | That’s crazy, even for him. | 就算是他 这也太疯狂了 |
[37:40] | Not if you put all your eggs in one basket, so to speak. | 如果你孤注一掷 让他看到决心 就不会了 |
[37:43] | He… when… | 他 在… |
[37:45] | when being young, being beautiful, | 年轻 帅气 |
[37:47] | being Brian Kinney is what it’s all about; | 那就是布莱恩·肯尼整个人的内在核心 |
[37:49] | you take that away, he figures, what’s he got? | 一旦拿走这一切 他就想着 他还有什么呢 |
[38:03] | That needs to go over there, | 这个要放到那边去 |
[38:05] | and I think we need a larger piece for that space. | 我们需要在这放幅更大的画 |
[38:08] | Hey, kids, let’s put on a show. | 各位 一起努力呈现盛大的展览吧 |
[38:11] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[38:13] | I didn’t want you seeing anything until it’s finished. | 完成之前 我不想让你看见 |
[38:15] | I’m sure it’ll be just ducky. | 我敢肯定它会不错的 |
[38:17] | “Ducky”? | 不错 |
[38:18] | This may be small potatoes to you, | 也许这对你来说只是个小画展 |
[38:19] | considering you’ve had shows at | 毕竟你在全世界各地的 |
[38:20] | every major gallery and museum all over the world. | 著名画廊和博物馆都开过画展 |
[38:22] | But to us yokels here in Pittsburgh, | 对于我们这些匹兹堡的乡巴佬来说 |
[38:24] | this is a big deal. | 这可是件大事 |
[38:25] | Did I say anything? | 我有说什么吗 |
[38:27] | I just want everything to be perfect. | 我只是希望一切都完美无缺 |
[38:30] | Do right by you and your work. | 呈现出你和你的作品的卓越之处 |
[38:33] | You will, kiddo. You’re world-class. | 你可以的 孩子 你可是世界水准 |
[38:36] | I am? | 是吗 |
[38:37] | In fact, reminds me of my last retrospective in Venice. | 事实上 这让我想起了我在威尼斯的画展 |
[38:41] | Couldn’t find a fucking ashtray there either. | 我他妈在那里也找不到一个烟灰缸 |
[38:43] | Heads up! | 当心 |
[38:46] | That was a close call. | 刚刚可真是死里逃生 |
[38:55] | It wasn’t that bad. | 没那么严重 |
[38:58] | Then why are you shaking? | 那你为什么在发抖 |
[39:21] | Writing? | 在写作吗 |
[39:23] | Preparing a lecture. | 备课 |
[39:26] | How about I order a pizza? | 我订个披萨怎么样 |
[39:29] | Uh, not hungry. | 不是很饿 |
[39:32] | How about you handcuff me to the bed… | 把我拷在床上如何 |
[39:34] | Michael. Can’t you see I’m working? | 迈克 你没看见我正在工作吗 |
[39:36] | Yes, now that you mention it, I can. | 是的 既然你提起 我看见了 |
[39:39] | I can also see the new computer I got you, | 我还看见我给你买的电脑 |
[39:41] | sitting alone, ignored, | 孤零零地在那里 被无视了 |
[39:42] | like some geeky guy at the prom. | 就像毕业舞会上的某个呆子一样 |
[39:44] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[39:45] | Look, I know what you’ve been going through. | 听着 我知道你经历的各种苦痛折磨 |
[39:48] | Believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[39:49] | I’ve had more than my fair share of rejections. | 我也曾被拒绝过很多次 |
[39:52] | Like by practically every club, | 几乎所有的俱乐部 |
[39:53] | every college, every job I ever went out for. | 每一所大学 每一份工作都拒绝过我 |
[39:56] | But you’re being accepted now. That’s all that counts. | 但你现在被接受了啊 这才是最重要的 |
[39:59] | But I just don’t want you to blame me, | 我只是不希望你把错误怪到我头上 |
[40:00] | or make me feel like it’s my fault. | 或者让我觉得都是我的错 |
[40:02] | Sorry if I did that. | 如果是这样 对不起 |
[40:03] | I have no one to credit for my failure but myself. | 我的失败都是因为我自己 |
[40:07] | Which is why I’ve… | 这也是为什么 |
[40:09] | decided to re-evaluate my goals. | 我决定重新评估我的目标 |
[40:12] | Re-focus my energy and… | 改变专注方向 |
[40:15] | stop writing. | 停止写作 |
[40:18] | At least for a while. I… | 至少停止一段时间 我… |
[40:20] | I feel I should start concentrating my efforts on what I do best, | 我觉得我应该把精力放在我最擅长的事上 |
[40:24] | which is to teach. | 就是教书 |
[40:25] | It’s where my skills are, it’s where my life is leading me. | 这才是我的能力所在 也是我人生的方向 |
[40:29] | Ben… | 本 |
[40:29] | Ooh, I… in fact, I… | 实际上 我 |
[40:32] | got to go to my office. | 得去办公室了 |
[40:34] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[40:35] | I left some reference books I need for my lecture. | 我把准备讲座要用的参考书落在那里了 |
[40:40] | And a pile of term papers. | 还有一堆学期论文 |
[40:43] | When will you be back? | 那你什么时候回来 |
[40:44] | Don’t know. | 说不准 |
[40:51] | I’m sure you can return it and get your money back. | 电脑总归可以退货的 把钱拿回来吧 |
[41:08] | Is Sierra in? | 赛拉在吗 |
[41:09] | She’s off with her girlfriends, seeing some chick flick. | 她跟朋友们去看爱情电影了 |
[41:14] | I stopped by to pick up a cheque and my equipment. | 我是顺路来拿我的支票和器材的 |
[41:18] | Yeah, she left you a cheque. Come in. | 对 她留了张支票给你 进来吧 |
[41:25] | Well? | 怎么了 |
[41:37] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[41:39] | Thanks. I’ll just get my equipment and… | 谢谢 我去拿我的器材 |
[41:42] | How about a beer? | 来瓶啤酒吧 |
[41:52] | I’m not supposed to be drinking, but you know, | 我不应该喝酒的 但你知道 |
[41:55] | I’m in pretty good shape. | 我身材很好 |
[41:56] | Wouldn’t you say? | 你不觉得吗 |
[42:01] | I’d say one beer is not going to ruin that six-pack. | 我觉得一瓶啤酒毁不了你那六块腹肌的 |
[42:08] | Oh, that’s last week’s game. | 那是上星期的比赛 |
[42:10] | Coach makes us watch ourselves. | 教练叫我们看自己的比赛表现 |
[42:15] | Which one are you? | 哪个是你 |
[42:17] | Number seven. | 7号 |
[42:19] | Very graceful. | 很优雅 |
[42:23] | In a rugged, manly way. | 强壮且男子汉式的优雅 |
[42:29] | You know, there’s something I’ve always wanted to ask. | 我一直想问 |
[42:31] | Why the tight pants? | 打球为什么要穿紧身裤 |
[42:33] | So there’s nothing to grab onto if you’re tackled. | 这样你被擒抱的时候就没地方抓了 |
[42:37] | And why are you always patting each other’s asses? | 那你们总是互相拍屁股又是为什么呢 |
[42:41] | Just friendly encouragement. | 只是友好的鼓励 |
[42:45] | You know, I don’t see much difference | 其实我觉得 |
[42:46] | in how you play your game on Sunday afternoons | 你周日下午的比赛 |
[42:48] | and how I play my game on Saturday nights. | 和我周六晚上的”活动”没什么不同 |
[42:55] | Here. | 给 |
[42:57] | Catch. | 接住 |
[42:59] | Oh my God! | 我的天呐 |
[43:01] | Did you see that? | 你看到了吗 |
[43:02] | I caught it. | 我接到球了 |
[43:03] | Never caught a ball in my life. | 我这辈子就没接住过球 |
[43:12] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[43:13] | This also isn’t much different than my Saturday nights. | 这也和我周六晚上的活动也没什么不同 |
[43:21] | You have a… | 你有一具 |
[43:22] | a very nice body. | 好身材 |
[43:25] | You think so? | 你这么觉得吗 |
[43:29] | Strong, uh… | 强壮 |
[43:32] | hard. | 结实 |
[43:33] | Feel my bicep. | 摸摸我的二头肌 |
[43:35] | Go on. | 来啊 |
[43:45] | Now feel this. | 现在来摸摸这个 |
[43:49] | What about Sierra? | 那赛拉呢 |
[43:51] | She thinks I have a nice body too. | 她也认为我身材很好 |
[44:03] | I was working late and figured you might be too. | 我今晚加班 觉得你可能也在 |
[44:05] | So I took a chance and stopped by. | 所以我顺便过来看看 碰碰运气 |
[44:06] | Well, you figured right. | 你猜对了 |
[44:08] | Except, as you can see, I’m… | 但是 你也看见了 我 |
[44:10] | a little busy doing research for this lecture. | 还在忙着备课 |
[44:13] | Then I won’t keep you. | 那我就不打扰你了 |
[44:14] | I just wanted to tell you I read your book. | 我只是来告诉你 你的书我读完了 |
[44:18] | Already? That was fast. | 读完了 好快啊 |
[44:20] | It’s like I missed the last 36 hours. | 感觉好像我丢失了36个小时 |
[44:23] | I was so enthralled, I couldn’t put it down. | 我完全着迷了 没法放下这本书 |
[44:25] | That’s a first. Most people could barely pick it up. | 这倒是第一次 大部分人都看不下去 |
[44:28] | What the fuck do they know? | 他们知道个屁啊 |
[44:29] | I’d like to think not much. | 我也想要认为他们懂个什么 |
[44:31] | Exactly. | 就是啊 |
[44:36] | Thank you, Anthony. | 谢谢你 安东尼 |
[44:37] | No. Thank you, for… | 不 该我谢谢你 |
[44:43] | entrusting me with it. | 信任地把这本书给我看 |
[44:51] | When you have a spare moment, | 等你有空的时候 |
[44:52] | maybe we can go for coffee again. | 我们再去喝杯咖啡吧 |
[44:54] | Discuss it. | 谈谈这本书 |
[44:57] | Right. | 好的 |
[45:03] | Anthony. | 安东尼 |
[45:06] | Actually, I have a moment now. | 其实 我现在就有空 |
[45:25] | Bri? Dandy Lube just called. | 布莱 花花公子润滑油刚打来电话 |
[45:29] | We got ’em. | 我们拿下他们了 |
[45:31] | Way to go, Theodore. | 好样的 西奥多 |
[45:33] | Yeah. I told you you could do it. | 瞧吧 我说过你能行的 |
[45:36] | It was a little dicey at first, but, uh… | 一开始还吉凶未卜 不过 |
[45:39] | Yeah, I managed to convince them. | 没错 我成功说服了他们 |
[45:43] | How’d you do that? | 你怎么做到的 |
[45:46] | Just thought to myself, | 我问自己 |
[45:47] | “What would Brian Kinney do?” | 布莱恩·肯尼会怎么做 |
[45:49] | After that, it was a snap. | 然后一切都无往不利了 |
[45:54] | You know, you don’t look so hot. Why don’t you… | 你看起来不怎么在状态 为什么 |
[45:59] | why don’t you let me, uh, mind the shop and you go home? | 你何不回家 让我来照看这边 |
[46:37] | I thought I told you to get out. | 我不是叫你滚了吗 |
[46:39] | I guess I didn’t hear. | 我想我没听到 |
[46:40] | You tend to mumble a lot. | 你最近老是喃喃自语 |
[46:44] | You want some soup? | 要来点汤吗 |
[46:45] | It’s Debbie’s home-made recipe. | 这是黛比的独家秘方 |
[46:47] | Well, no wonder I feel like barfing. | 难怪我闻着想吐 |
[46:49] | Listen to me, you little shit: | 听着 小混蛋 |
[46:52] | I don’t want you here. | 我不想在这看见你 |
[46:55] | I don’t care what you want. | 我不管你想怎样 |
[47:05] | You’re not getting rid of me. | 你甩不掉我的 |
[47:10] | Shit. Are you all right? | 妈的 你没事吧 |
[47:13] | Tell me you’re… | 告诉我 |
[47:14] | I’m all right! | 我没事 |
[47:15] | You’re not all right. | 你看起来不像没事 |
[47:17] | Then what the hell are you asking me for? | 那你他妈还问我干什么 |
[47:19] | So that I can tell you | 这样我就能告诉你 |
[47:20] | what a motherfucking piece of shit you are | 你他妈是个多么无情的傻逼混蛋 |
[47:22] | for not telling me, for shutting me out, | 对我隐瞒病情 还把我赶走 |
[47:25] | for thinking that you could handle this on your own, | 以为你可以自己搞定一切 |
[47:27] | and most of all, for thinking that I would leave you. | 最傻逼的是 认为我会离你而去 |
[47:29] | Why would you think that? | 你怎么会那么想 |
[47:32] | Because you had a ball removed? | 因为你切除了一个蛋吗 |
[47:33] | Because you’re no longer perfect? | 因为你不再完美吗 |
[47:35] | Well, believe me, Mr. Kinney, | 相信我吧 肯尼先生 |
[47:37] | that is the least of your imperfections. | 那是你身上最小的缺点 |
[47:39] | And if I’d wanted to leave you, | 如果我想要离开你 |
[47:41] | I’ve had better reasons. Plenty of them. | 我有更好的理由 一大堆 |
[47:43] | Maybe you should have. | 也许你是应该离开 |
[47:46] | Yeah, maybe you’re right. | 是啊 也许你说得对 |
[47:48] | But I thought we had a commitment. | 但是我们之间有承诺 |
[47:50] | And I plan to stand by it. | 我准备信守诺言 |
[47:54] | I want you to get your ass back in bed, you son of a bitch. | 现在你他妈给我躺好 你个狗娘养的 |
[47:58] | And eat some fucking chicken soup. | 然后你他妈必须喝点鸡汤 |