时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[00:05] | Did everybody have a great summer? | 大家暑假都过得好吗 |
[00:08] | Well, I feel I should mention | 呃 我要告诉大家一个不幸的消息 |
[00:10] | we lost one of our favorite seniors. | 我们有一位最受爱戴的长者去世了 |
[00:12] | Sherwood. He used to start each day | 就是舍伍德 以前他每天都会 |
[00:14] | with a song that perfectly recapped what was going on. | 以一首完美应景的歌作为开场曲 |
[00:17] | So, in his honor, | 所以 为了纪念他 |
[00:19] | I’d like to sing a song about every one of you. | 我要唱一首歌 来唱一唱你们每个人 |
[00:21] | Let’s start with, um… | 从谁开始呢 |
[00:23] | with Hope. | 就喜旺吧 |
[00:25] | *Hope’s father didn’t have much going on | 喜旺他爹呀 还真没有啥* |
[00:27] | *Living with his parents, mowing some lawns | 啃老靠父母 产草来养家* |
[00:29] | *His life was going nowhere fast | 人生一片灰暗* |
[00:32] | *One night he met a lady and they had a good time | 直到那晚与美女 共赴巫山云雨* |
[00:34] | *Till he learned she was a killer, the serial kind | 到头来却是个杀人犯 还是连环的* |
[00:36] | *And the cops, they fried her ass | 警察叔叔威武 电死了那个贱人* |
[00:40] | *But before they did, she birthed him a kid | 但她临死前 生下了小喜旺* |
[00:43] | *And Jimmy found a purpose in the world | 从此吉米找到了人生的意义* |
[00:47] | *Though he doesn’t have a clue, he somehow manages to | 虽然他慌手又忙脚 却神奇地hold住了* |
[00:51] | *Raise a perfect little girl | 养育着一个完美的小妞妞* |
[00:54] | *Some kids have all the love | 所有人都爱妞妞* |
[00:56] | *A great dad and if that wasn’t enough | 一个无敌奶爸若不够* |
[00:57] | *Hope’s got a gang who loves her greatly | 喜旺还享受着一家子满满的爱* |
[01:01] | *Grandma Virginia, sarcastic and funny | 奶奶弗吉妮亚 尖刻又搞笑* |
[01:03] | *Grandpa Burt skims pools for money | 爷爷伯特 清理泳池来过活* |
[01:05] | *And Maw Maw, she’s just crazy | 还有曾曾奶奶 疯疯又癫癫* |
[01:09] | *Hope’s life wouldn’t be complete-a | 喜旺的世界少了吉米的朋友塞布丽娜* |
[01:10] | *without Jimmy’s friend Sabrina | 就不完整了呐* |
[01:12] | *Who Jimmy loves but hasn’t told her so | 吉米对这小妞 敢爱不敢言* |
[01:15] | *Although, come on, she’s got to know | 不过 拜托 她不知道才怪* |
[01:18] | *You might think I am a dreamer | 你也许觉得我不切实际* |
[01:20] | *But you’ll understand just when you meet her | 但你见到她就会了解* |
[01:22] | *Why everyone loves our little Hope | 为什么大家都爱小喜旺* |
[01:25] | *And since we last saw her | 多日不见* |
[01:27] | *She’s gotten bigger, stronger, smarter | 她已变得聪明又茁壮* |
[01:29] | *She feeds herself and walks and can say “No” | 她学会自己吃饭 走路和说话* |
[01:33] | *These few months, we sure have missed her | 这几个月来 我们都想死她了* |
[01:34] | *But we welcome back our daycare sister | 欢迎回到我们的日托所* |
[01:36] | *Welcome back to Hope | 欢迎回来 看小喜旺* |
[01:40] | *Welcome back to Hope. | 欢迎回来 看小喜旺* |
[01:45] | 家有喜旺 | |
[01:54] | See that guy? | 看到那人了吗 |
[01:56] | That’s Daddy when he was 13. | 那是爸爸13岁的时候 |
[01:58] | I just drew a superhero. | 我刚画完一个超级英雄 |
[02:00] | I’m going to put it on a T-shirt and then… | 我要把它印到T恤上 然后.. |
[02:01] | Bird in the house! Bird in the house! | 屋里有鸟儿 屋里有鸟儿 |
[02:08] | Get ready. Here it comes. | 准备 开炮 |
[02:11] | Yes! | 漂亮 |
[02:13] | I don’t remember this exactly, but… | 我不太记得具体是怎么回事了 但是… |
[02:15] | Seems like a pretty average day from my childhood. | 貌似我的童年都是这样度过的 |
[02:21] | It kind of tickles. | 这玩意儿还痒痒的 |
[02:24] | Wait, no, it doesn’t. | 等下 不要 不要啊 |
[02:26] | It’s pecking! It’s pecking! | 它啄我 它在啄我 |
[02:32] | It’s pecking! | 它在啄我啊 |
[02:33] | 2011, and still no jet packs. | 都2011年了 还是没有喷气飞机 |
[02:35] | I feel like I should write a letter to somebody. | 我觉得我得给哪位领导写个信啥的 |
[02:38] | What you watching? | 你看什么呢 |
[02:39] | I’m just showing Hope some home movies | 我在给喜旺看咱的家庭录影带 |
[02:40] | of me as a kid. | 让她看看我小时候 |
[02:47] | Whoa, hey. Wh-What’s that? | 哇 喂 那是啥情况 |
[02:51] | Hey, I’m playing the piano. | 喂 我居然在弹钢琴 |
[02:52] | I used to be able to play the piano? | 我以前还会谈钢琴啊 |
[02:55] | No, you’re not really… | 不 你真不会 |
[02:57] | That is so funny. | 那次巨搞笑 |
[02:59] | You really don’t remember? | 你真不记得了吗 |
[03:01] | Before it broke, that piano was the kind that could play itself. | 那架琴坏掉之前 自己能弹出曲子来 |
[03:05] | So you’re just faking it. | 你就是假装做做样子 |
[03:06] | That’s wild. | 太赞了 |
[03:07] | Look at Daddy, Hope. | 喜旺 看你爹 |
[03:08] | Daddy’s funny. | 爸爸搞笑吧 |
[03:10] | *Baby, here I am | 宝贝 我在这* |
[03:12] | *I’m the man on the scene | 我是伴你左右的男人* |
[03:14] | *I can give you what you want | 你要的我都能给* |
[03:17] | *But you got to come home with me | 只要你肯跟我回* |
[03:19] | *I have got some good ol lovin’ | 我有着虔诚的爱* |
[03:21] | *And I got some more in store | 满满的爱* |
[03:24] | *When I get through throwin’ it on you | 当我把爱都给你* |
[03:26] | *You gotta come back for more | 你一定要爱我更多* |
[03:29] | *Boys are things that come by the dozen | 两条腿的男人千千万* |
[03:31] | *But that ain’t nothin’ but drugstore lovin’ | 但那不过是逢场作戏* |
[03:34] | *Hey, little thing, let me light your candle | 喂 小家伙 让我为你点燃蜡烛* |
[03:36] | *’Cause mama, I’m sure hard to handle now, gets around… | 因为 我已难以自制 逃避…* |
[03:42] | Okay, fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[03:44] | At one point in your life | 你的人生中 |
[03:45] | you might have been a little… | 可能有过那么一点点 |
[03:49] | amazingly talented. | 过人的才华 |
[03:51] | When you were 13, Maw Maw decided to teach you piano. | 你13岁的时候 曾奶奶决定教你弹钢琴 |
[03:57] | A music career | 走上音乐的康庄大道 |
[03:58] | may be his only ticket | 或许是这孩子 |
[03:59] | to get us out of this hell hole. | 脱离这苦逼地方的唯一机会 |
[04:01] | Unless you think he’s smart enough to go to college. | 除非你们还指着他这榆木脑袋能考上大学 |
[04:06] | Maw Maw hated yelling at you, | 曾奶奶舍不得吼你 |
[04:08] | so she started teaching with a partner. | 所以她通过一个搭档来教你 |
[04:10] | I’m sorry, Maw Maw… | 对不起 曾奶奶 |
[04:11] | Oh, no, don’t apologize to me. | 哦不 别跟我道歉 |
[04:12] | It’s Mr. Jingles who gets angry. A-Flat minor! | 生气的是广告大王 怎么是A小调 |
[04:15] | I wanted you to play an A. If I wanted A-Flat minor, | 我要你弹的是A 我要想让你弹A小 |
[04:18] | I’d have you go play with your girlfriend’s chest. | 就直接让你找你女朋友的大平胸去了 |
[04:23] | Her methods were unorthodox, but she got results. | 她的教学理论很怪异 但也收到了成果 |
[04:29] | Before we knew it, | 没多久 |
[04:30] | you were playing right along with your father. | 你就能跟你老爸合奏了 |
[04:47] | I couldn’t believe it. | 我真不敢相信 |
[04:49] | After 13 years of watching you underachieve | 在看着你13年吃嘛嘛香 干嘛嘛不灵后 |
[04:52] | at almost everything, I was finally realizing | 我终于意识到 |
[04:55] | that I gave birth to a genius– | 我生了个天才 |
[04:57] | a musical genius. | 音乐天才 |
[05:00] | I was so proud to show you off, | 我无比自豪地到处炫耀你 |
[05:02] | I got you a spot in the Natesville Music Academy’s | 我为你在纳什维尔音乐典礼的年度吟诵会上 |
[05:05] | annual recital. | 争取到了一次演出 |
[05:06] | *Actions speak louder than words | 坐言不如起行* |
[05:09] | *And I’m a man of great experience | 我阅人无数* |
[05:12] | *I know you got you another man | 知道你又找到了归属* |
[05:14] | *But I can love you better than him | 但我会比他更爱你* |
[05:17] | *Take my hand… | 拉我的手* |
[05:18] | That night, all the teenage girls in the audience | 那一晚 现场的所有萝莉们 |
[05:21] | got a bad case of Jimmy fever. | 都患上了吉米发烧热 |
[05:22] | *I’m advertising love for free | 我在为爱做免费广告* |
[05:24] | *So you can place your ad with me | 只为了让你同我一起* |
[05:27] | *Boys and things that come by the dozen | 两条腿的男人千千万* |
[05:29] | *But that ain’t nothing but drugstore lovin’ | 但那不过是逢场作戏* |
[05:32] | *’Cause hey, little thing, let me light your candle | 喂 小家伙 让我为你点燃蜡烛* |
[05:35] | *’Cause mama, I’m sure hard to handle now now, gets around | 因为 我已难以自制 逃避…* |
[05:38] | And I admit it – being the mother | 我承认 做天才的妈妈 |
[05:40] | of a genius was addicting. | 是件让人上瘾的事 |
[05:41] | Wherever we went, I just loved to show you off. | 不管去哪儿 我都要显摆一下 |
[05:44] | The sun’s really shining today, isn’t it? | 今天阳光真灿烂 是吧 |
[05:47] | You want to see a son shining? | 你想看灿烂吗 |
[05:48] | You should see my son shine. | 来看看我儿子多灿烂 |
[05:51] | Jimmy, come here. | 吉米 过来 |
[05:52] | Sing that song from the radio. | 唱那首电台的歌 |
[05:53] | You know, Mama’s favorite. | 妈咪最喜欢那首 |
[05:55] | *She doesn’t own a dress | 她没有裙子* |
[05:58] | *Her hair is always a mess | 头发也是乱糟糟的样子* |
[06:00] | *If you catch her stealing, she won’t confess | 就算做坏事也不会忏悔* |
[06:03] | *She’s beautiful | 她好美* |
[06:05] | *Smokes a pack a day | 一天抽一包* |
[06:07] | *Wait, that’s me, but anyway | 等等 那不就是我 是又如何* |
[06:10] | *Meet Virginia. | 有请维吉妮亚* |
[06:11] | That’s me – Virginia. Mom of a genius. | 就是我 维吉妮亚 天才的娘 |
[06:16] | Stop that. Shut up. | 停下 闭嘴 |
[06:18] | Go ahead, keep singing, honey. They’re just jealous. | 继续 继续唱 宝贝 他们只是嫉妒 |
[06:23] | *Well, she wants to be the queen | 她想成为女王* |
[06:28] | *And she thinks… | 她想…* |
[06:33] | You greasy-haired little turds! | 你们这帮油头粉面的臭小子 |
[06:37] | When you came to, you didn’t know where you were | 你醒了以后就忘了自己在哪儿 |
[06:39] | or how to play piano or sing or anything | 也不记得如何弹琴唱歌什么的 |
[06:42] | from the last eight months. | 过去八个月的事都不记得了 |
[06:44] | You had ambrosia. | 你得了圣餐病 |
[06:46] | – Anemia. – Anemia. | -贫血 -贫血 |
[06:47] | But singing and playing music is a talent. | 可唱歌弹琴是天赋 |
[06:49] | I’m sure it has to be in here somewhere. | 它们肯定还在这里 |
[06:56] | This is killing me. | 要了亲命了 |
[06:57] | He had so much talent, and I squandered it. | 他本来才华横竖都溢 被我伤仲永了 |
[07:01] | He could have been an international superstar. | 他本能成为天皇巨星的 |
[07:04] | Like David Hasselhoff, or Hello Kitty. | 就像大卫・哈塞霍夫或者凯蒂猫 |
[07:04] | 大卫・哈塞霍夫: 霹雳游侠男主角 | |
[07:09] | *Meet Virginia | 有请维吉尼亚* |
[07:11] | *I can’t wait to… | 我等不到…* |
[07:14] | Jimmy, for the love of God, stop it! | 吉米 太坑爹了 别唱了 |
[07:16] | You’re killing your mother! | 你娘都蛋疼了 |
[07:21] | I don’t know what’s harder to believe– | 我不知道哪个更难以置信了 |
[07:22] | that that’s you, or that | 那个居然是你 还是 |
[07:23] | you haven’t changed your hair in ten years. | 你居然十年都不换发型 |
[07:26] | You stick with what works. | 啥好用就坚持用 |
[07:27] | It’s too bad you can’t play like this anymore, because… | 真不幸你现在弹不了琴 因为 |
[07:30] | *Baby, here I am, I’m the man on the scene | 宝贝 我在这 我是伴你左右的男人* |
[07:34] | *I can give you what you want | 你要的我都能给* |
[07:36] | *But you got to come home with me | 只要你肯跟我回* |
[07:40] | *I have got some good ol’ lovin’ | 我有着虔诚的爱* |
[07:42] | *And I got some more in store… | 满满的爱* |
[07:48] | For God’s sake, Jimmy, | 看在曾哥的份上 吉米 |
[07:49] | please just give up! | 求你弃了吧 |
[07:53] | You should have seen Sabrina today. | 你们没看到今天塞布丽娜的样子 |
[07:56] | She’s never looked at the real me | 她看真正的我 |
[07:57] | the way she looked at the me on the tape. | 从来没有过看录像里的我那种表情 |
[07:59] | Of course not, honey. | 当然没有 亲爱的 |
[08:00] | The you on that tape | 录像里的你 |
[08:01] | had talent and charisma, but that’s gone. | 又有天分又有气场 现在没了 |
[08:05] | I feel terrible, | 我很难过 |
[08:06] | but we tried everything. | 可我们什么都试过了 |
[08:08] | And there was just no bringing it back. | 就是找不回来 |
[08:11] | Maybe we should try again. | 要不再试试 |
[08:13] | Uh, what kind of stuff did you do? | 你们都试过什么 |
[08:15] | What did the doctor suggest? | 医生怎么建议的 |
[08:20] | Don’t tell me you didn’t take me to a doctor. | 别告诉我你们没带我去见医生 |
[08:22] | I got nailed in the head with a golf club. | 我被高尔夫球杆爆头了 |
[08:24] | It was a putter. | 只是个推杆 |
[08:26] | We didn’t have insurance. | 我们没医保 |
[08:27] | But we gave you bed rest and we prayed. | 但至少使用了卧床休息和祈祷药方 |
[08:31] | And then we gave you every single thing in the medicine cabinet. | 而且药箱里的药都给你吃了一遍 |
[08:34] | Of course, then you got severe dizziness and stomach cramps. | 当然 你吃了就强烈地晕厥和胃痉挛 |
[08:37] | You were kind of a delicate flower. | 你丫也太脆弱了 |
[08:40] | And I haven’t been able to remember anything | 可我还是什么都没记起来 |
[08:42] | and I haven’t been able to play the piano or sing ever since. | 也不能唱唱歌弹弹琴了 |
[08:45] | That’s fascinating, | 很好 |
[08:47] | because when you guys walked in here | 因为你们刚进来的时候 |
[08:48] | I thought for sure you were looking for oxycontin. | 我以为你们是来要医用毒品的 |
[08:52] | Hey, settle this argument for us. | 我总结一下 |
[08:53] | If he got hit on the head and lost eight months of memory, | 如果他头被敲了 然后失去八年记忆 |
[08:55] | doesn’t it make sense that if he got hit on the head again | 那再敲他一次 |
[08:58] | he’d get it back? | 是不是就好了 |
[08:59] | Oh, you mean like when Gilligan got amnesia | 你是说就像吉莲 |
[08:59] | 此处引用1978年”rescue from Gilligan’s Island”的剧情 没有查到相应的中译名 请见谅 | |
[09:02] | when the Skipper hit him with the board, | 船长用板子敲了他 他失忆了 |
[09:03] | and then later in the episode he got his memory back when he | 结果下一集他被椰子一砸 |
[09:06] | got hit in the head with a coconut? | 就恢复记忆了 |
[09:07] | Yes. See, doctor’s with me on this. | 对 你看 医生也认同我 |
[09:09] | No, I wasn’t agreeing with you, I was just… | 不 我不是同意你 我只是 |
[09:11] | No. Hitting him with a coconut won’t work. Don’t do that. | 不 用椰子砸他是没用的 别这么做 |
[09:14] | In other words, we shouldn’t take medical advice from Gilligan? | 换句话说 吉莲的遭遇不能作为医学上的建议 |
[09:18] | It wasn’t Gilligan’s idea. | 不是吉莲的主意 |
[09:20] | There was a professor on that island. | 是岛上的那个教授 |
[09:21] | Professor. | 叫兽 |
[09:22] | It’s dangerous to get medical advice from a TV comedy. | 按情景喜剧的剧情来治病是很危险的 |
[09:26] | They tend to make up whatever medical stuff they want as long | 他们只是为了让故事能继续下去 |
[09:29] | as it makes the story work. The truth is, | 而编出了一堆医学依据 事实是 |
[09:31] | the therapy that seems to trigger the most recall | 最有可能帮助恢复记忆的 |
[09:33] | is recreating the events that were forgotten. | 是重现过去的场景 |
[09:36] | – Recreating? – Muscle memory. | -重现吗 -肌肉记忆 |
[09:38] | Sights, or even smells can unlock the lost memories. | 景象 甚至味道都能帮助回忆 |
[09:41] | And once they’re unlocked, it’s like they were never gone. | 一旦回忆起来 就会像从未失忆过 |
[09:50] | That sounds like crap. | 听起来像一坨屎 |
[09:51] | You’re clumsier with these keys than a janitor with Parkinson’s. | 你怎么跟个帕金森患者似的 |
[09:57] | Mr. Jingles never liked him. | 广告大王一直都不喜欢他 |
[10:01] | Everyone was excited about the idea | 对于让我重拾钢琴这件事 |
[10:03] | of me playing the piano again. | 大伙儿都激动异常 |
[10:05] | Maw Maw was looking forward to teaching me. | 曾奶奶立马着手教我 |
[10:07] | I was anxious to play for Sabrina. | 我更是迫不及待想弹上一曲献给塞布丽娜 |
[10:09] | And Mom was looking forward to showing off her talented son | 而我老妈一心只想带着她神童儿子 |
[10:12] | to the Natesville Music Academy again. | 去纳什维尔音乐典礼重现当年辉煌 |
[10:14] | So everything would be just like it was when I was 13, | 我们仿佛坐着时光机回到了我的十三岁 |
[10:17] | we sawed the legs off the piano bench | 钢琴凳被锯掉了一小截 |
[10:19] | and dug up my old T-shirt. | 我也穿上了我的旧T恤 |
[10:33] | That’s horrible. | 简直是噪音 |
[10:34] | That’s the worst “Chopsticks” I ever heard. | 这是绝对是我听过最难听的《筷子》 |
[10:36] | That could make three billion Chinese switch to forks. | 足以让三十亿中国人弃筷改叉 |
[10:40] | The only problem was, nothing worked. | 唯一的问题是 昨日难现 |
[10:42] | Desperate, we taped my fingers to Maw Maw’s, | 绝望之下 我把自己的手指和曾奶奶的绑一块 |
[10:44] | hoping that muscle memory would kick in | 指望肌肉的记忆能失而复得 |
[10:46] | and unlock what that golf club took away. | 把那次高尔夫俱乐部带走的时光还给我 |
[10:49] | Not only did that not work, | 这一切当然还是一场空 |
[10:50] | but I discovered Maw Maw’s boobs itch. | 唯一收获是发现曾奶奶的咪咪会痒痒 |
[10:55] | And her undies creep up a lot. | 还有她的内衣不太听话 |
[11:03] | Hey, why aren’t you practicing? | 你怎么没在练琴 |
[11:06] | Yeah, get in there! Brought a surprise home. | 快进去 我们准备了一个大惊喜 |
[11:09] | To recreate what happened when that bird got in the house. | 要重现那只鸟误闯咱家后的景象 |
[11:11] | Guess what it is. | 去看看吧 |
[11:19] | Death. | 死神 |
[11:20] | You’ve come for me. | 你来带我走了 |
[11:23] | It’s no use. | 没用的 |
[11:23] | The recital is tomorrow, and I still haven’t unlocked it, | 独奏会明天就开始了 我还是一窍不通 |
[11:26] | and I am sick of Hope watching me suck. | 真怕被喜旺看到我的蠢样子 |
[11:28] | I just have to accept that what I had is gone. | 是时候面对现实了 |
[11:32] | And I’m never getting it back. | 我们回不去了 |
[11:34] | You can’t give up! | 你不能就这么放弃 |
[11:36] | Jimmy, you’re not just doing this recital for you! | 吉米 独奏会不仅仅是为了你一个人 |
[11:38] | Think about how guilty | 想想你妈妈 |
[11:39] | – your mom feels about what happened. – No, Burt. | -对一切有多自责 -别说了 伯特 |
[11:42] | Me pushing him to be a star is what caused this whole mess. | 全怪我给他这么大压力才会搞成现在这样 |
[11:45] | If he wants to stop, he should stop. | 他若是不愿继续了 那就到此为止 |
[11:46] | I’m not going to push anymore. | 我不会再逼他了 |
[11:49] | Then I will! | 那我来 |
[11:50] | Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go. | 起来 起来 起来 起来 |
[11:51] | – Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go. – Let’s go. Burt… | -起来 起来 起来 -我们走 伯特 |
[11:53] | It works! You think Michael Jackson would’ve been a star | 会有用的 想想要不是乔・杰克逊的虐待 |
[11:56] | if it wasn’t for Joe Jackson’s abuse? | 怎么会有现在的巨星迈克尔・杰克逊 |
[11:57] | Stop it. | 住手 |
[11:58] | He may not be a Michael, | 或许他成不了迈克尔 |
[11:59] | but he could be a Tito, or a Reggie. Get up! | 但当个提托或者雷吉还是可以的 给我起来 |
[12:01] | What the hell is the matter with you? | 你脑子进水啦 |
[12:05] | This is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[12:07] | First I thought it was cool. | 起初我觉得酷毙了 |
[12:09] | Like we were going to turn into a family band. | 总觉得我们终于可以成立自己的家庭乐队了 |
[12:11] | Maybe even do a commercial about how much we love cotton. | 甚至还能走个穴玩玩 |
[12:16] | But then it started to be less about us and more about you. | 但之后却从我们变成了你一个人 |
[12:20] | Shh. | 轻点 |
[12:26] | I was jealous. First of how much attention you were | 我那个羡慕嫉妒恨啊 起初是观众席中 |
[12:29] | getting from all those girls in the audience, | 少女们炙热的眼神 |
[12:30] | but then from all the attention you were getting from my girl. | 后来你连我的妹子都迷走了 |
[12:33] | So I decided to challenge you at something | 所以我决定用我的杀手锏 |
[12:34] | I knew you couldn’t beat me at. | 挑战你 |
[12:37] | Who wants to go putt-putt golfing? | 想不想打场高尔夫 |
[12:39] | But the way I played that day, | 可我那天的表现 |
[12:40] | you’d never know that I owned the course record. | 实在有愧于我场地纪录保持者的身份 |
[12:43] | Burt, just pick up the ball and put it on the course. | 伯特 快把球捡出来放回场上 |
[12:46] | Nobody cares what your score is. | 谁他妈在乎你得几分啊 |
[12:50] | You know what, you guys go ahead. I’m going to go warn | 你们先走吧 |
[12:53] | the manager about some early-onset algae I saw. | 我要告诉经理海藻有爆发的迹象 |
[12:57] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[13:00] | Hey, you can’t take that putter. | 你不能拿走球杆 |
[13:20] | I know it was a horrible thing to do. | 我知道错了 |
[13:22] | You gotta believe how bad I felt all those years. | 这几年来更是天天背着愧疚的包袱 |
[13:24] | I’ll never forget that day. | 那一天我铭记终生 |
[13:26] | September 11, 2001. | 2001年9月11日 |
[13:28] | The day I threw that damn putter. | 我掷出了一根该死的球杆 |
[13:31] | I’m so, so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[13:33] | It’s okay, Dad. | 没事的 老爸 |
[13:35] | It was a freak accident. | 那只是个意外 |
[13:37] | Just like me playing the piano was probably a freak accident. | 就像我忽然会弹琴一样 |
[13:41] | Look at us, we’re not great at things. | 看看我们 虽然没什么擅长的 |
[13:44] | We’re normal at things. | 但也没什么太差劲的 |
[13:46] | I’m fine with that. | 我觉得挺好的 |
[13:48] | Well, don’t beat yourself up too bad about it. | 别自暴自弃 |
[13:51] | It’s not like we’re not great at anything. | 我们也不是什么都不擅长 |
[13:55] | We’re great at drinking beer. | 至少喝酒很在行 |
[13:57] | Amen. | 同意 |
[14:00] | You’re not taking me before you take Betty White! | 你先带走贝蒂・怀特再来找我 |
[14:09] | And not for nothing, but I am very, very proud | 作为超市装袋工 我对自己的速度 |
[14:13] | of the fact that I-I am a very, very, very fast grocery bagger. | 非常非常自豪 |
[14:18] | You know a talent I have that I have | 我有一个让人 |
[14:19] | great proudishness for is my ability | 交口称赞的绝活 |
[14:21] | to roll a Frisbee on its side very, very far. | 我能把飞盘扔得很远 那是相当的远 |
[14:25] | Hey, 90% of the time | 90%的情况下 |
[14:27] | I can guess exactly what time it is. | 我能说准现在几点 |
[14:32] | I mean, you know, um… within 20 minutes either way. | 当然 得允许个20来分钟的误差 |
[14:36] | You know something we’re all great at? | 知道有什么是我们都擅长的吗 |
[14:39] | Running fast down a flight of stairs. | 以光速冲下楼 |
[14:41] | – Yes. – Gravity does most of the work, | -没错 -尽管重力因素居功至伟 |
[14:43] | but you got to know where to put your feet. | 但要速度找出落脚点也是相当不容易的 |
[14:45] | I will tell you… I’ll tell you right now | 我来说 这就告诉你们 |
[14:47] | one of the best… best things that we’re great at… | 我们最 最擅长的事之一 就是 |
[14:50] | Oh, what’s that? | 是什么 |
[14:51] | I forgot. | 我忘了 |
[14:53] | Oh, it was good, too. | 健忘咱也挺擅长的 |
[14:55] | I got it, I got it. | 我想到了 我想到了 |
[14:56] | We’re really great at loving each other. | 我们都很擅长爱彼此 |
[14:59] | Jimmy, as my father, I want you to know | 吉米 作为老爸 我想告诉你 |
[15:03] | no matter how much you do or do not suck at things, | 无论你有多废柴 |
[15:05] | I am never gonna let you go. | 我都不会放你走 |
[15:09] | *I’m never gonna let you go | 绝不放你走* |
[15:12] | *Gonna hold you in my arms forever | 我要永世执你手* |
[15:15] | *Gonna try and make up for the times | 我要尽力去弥补* |
[15:18] | *I hurt you so | 曾经对你的伤害* |
[15:20] | *Gonna… | 我要* |
[15:22] | *Gonna hold your body close to mine | 轻拥你入怀* |
[15:25] | *From this day on, we’re gonna be together | 从此不离分* |
[15:29] | *Oh, I swear this time | 这次我发誓* |
[15:31] | *I’m never gonna let you go… | 绝不放你走* |
[15:37] | Oh, my God… | 天啊 想起来了 |
[15:39] | Jimmy… | 吉米 |
[15:40] | How old were you when you started sneaking beers? | 你多大开始偷喝酒的 |
[15:43] | Uh, I think I was 13. | 好像是13岁 |
[15:45] | Get to the piano! | 火速去弹琴 |
[15:50] | *I’m gonna hold you in my arms forever | 我要永世执你手* |
[15:54] | *Gonna try to make up for all the times | 我要尽力去弥补* |
[15:57] | *I hurt you so | 曾经对你的伤害* |
[16:00] | *Gonna… | 我要* |
[16:02] | We unlocked it. | 我们做到了 |
[16:05] | We unlocked it! | 我们做到了 |
[16:05] | *…we’re gonna be together | 永远不离分* |
[16:09] | *Oh, I swear this time | 这次我发誓* |
[16:11] | *I’m never gonna let you go. | 绝不放你走* |
[16:18] | Ow. You hit a tangle. Easy. | 扯到结了 慢点梳 |
[16:20] | You don’t think Bieber has people fussing over him? | 你觉得比伯的发型会凭空长成那样么 |
[16:22] | Now be still. | 站好别动 |
[16:23] | Sabrina was so excited when I told her | 我告诉塞布丽娜今天要表演 |
[16:25] | I was going to play today. | 她超激动的 |
[16:26] | I’m thinking of doing this Springsteen-Courtney Cox thing | 我准备邀她上台 |
[16:26] | 两位人物不多做介绍了 此处所说的场景请谷歌”dancing in the dark”的MTV | |
[16:29] | where I bring her on stage. | 重演斯普林斯汀和科特尼・考克斯那一幕 |
[16:31] | Tie’s done. | 领带打好了 |
[16:32] | Go run through your song a few times. | 再去温习几遍的你歌 |
[16:35] | And open up the windows so the neighbors can hear. | 记得开窗户 好让邻居们听见 |
[16:37] | I want that family with the mailbox that | 我要让那个 |
[16:38] | looks like the space shuttle to know we’ve got | 邮筒大的像航天飞机似的那家人知道 |
[16:40] | good stuff going on over here, too. | 咱家也有喜从天降的时候 |
[16:42] | Go on. | 去吧 |
[16:47] | He’ll warm up. | 他会热身起来的 |
[16:48] | *Baby, here I am | 宝贝 我在这* |
[16:50] | *I’m the man on the scene… | 我是伴你左右的男人* |
[16:53] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no … | 不不不不不不 |
[16:57] | – What’s happening? – I don’t know! | -怎么搞的 -我也不知道 |
[16:59] | It’s gone. | 它又消失了 |
[17:00] | Everything I could do is gone. | 我的能力都消失了 |
[17:02] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[17:04] | What’s different about right now from last night? | 现在和昨晚有什么差别 |
[17:06] | About eight beers? | 八罐啤酒的差别 |
[17:08] | That’s right. You were drunk. | 没错 昨晚你醉了 |
[17:10] | Okay, this makes perfect sense. I saw an episode of Family Guy | 这就说得通了 我看过《恶搞之家》有一集 |
[17:13] | where their dad could only play piano when he was drunk. | 那个爸爸只有在喝醉的时候才会弹钢琴 |
[17:15] | Yes! | 没错 |
[17:16] | And I saw a sitcom on ABC | 我也看过ABC的一个情景喜剧 |
[17:19] | where a lady couldn’t speak Italian unless she was drunk. | 一个女的 只有在醉的时候才会说意大利语 |
[17:21] | All right! | 这就对了 |
[17:23] | You know what else we’re great at? | 知道咱还擅长什么吗 |
[17:24] | Remembering important things we see on TV | 擅长记住电视里的关键情节 |
[17:27] | that help us navigate the rough waters of our lives. | 好让咱在悲催的时候能扭转局面 |
[17:35] | Ah. Burt… | 伯特 |
[17:35] | stop drinking Jimmy’s beers. | 别跟吉米抢酒喝了 |
[17:37] | All his talent is in those cans. | 这些罐子里可装着他的才华啊 |
[17:38] | And let him drink alone? Like some alcoholic? | 让他自己酗酒 |
[17:42] | I may not have been the best father, | 我也许不是最优秀的父亲 |
[17:43] | but if you think I’m gonna… | 但你如果觉得我会… |
[17:44] | Okay, okay. Forget I mentioned it. | 行了行了 当我没说 |
[17:56] | Is Jimmy drunk? | 吉米是醉了吗 |
[17:57] | He and his father just had a couple drinks | 他和他爸在来的路上喝了点酒 |
[17:58] | on the way over, you know, just to calm the nerves. Right. | 你懂的 为了平复紧张的情绪 |
[18:02] | Play “The Devil Went Down to Georgia!” | 弹”恶魔降临乔治亚州” |
[18:12] | Our next performer is quite a bit older than the rest, | 下一位表演者比其他各位都略为年长 |
[18:15] | but I allowed it because his parents | 但因为他的父母许诺我 |
[18:17] | have promised to both cut my lawn | 既会帮我修理草坪 又会帮我打扫屋子 |
[18:18] | and clean my house for the next month. | 所以我答应了 |
[18:21] | James Chance. | 有请詹姆士・吉斯 |
[18:23] | I made that boy with my wang! | 这家伙可是我一手养大的 |
[18:40] | *Baby, I’m the man on the scene | 宝贝 我是伴你左右的男人* |
[18:45] | *I can give you what you want | 你要的我都能给* |
[18:47] | *But you got to come home with me | 只要你肯跟我回* |
[18:50] | *I have got some good ol lovin’ | 我有着虔诚的爱* |
[18:53] | *And I got some more in store | 满满的爱* |
[18:55] | I’m gonna go. | 我要走了 |
[18:57] | I don’t think Jimmy will remember seeing me here, | 我想吉米不会记得在这里见过我的 |
[18:59] | and I’d rather not remember, either. | 我也不想记得这一幕了 |
[19:04] | What is going on? | 怎么回事 |
[19:06] | Did we not get him drunk enough? | 他还不够醉吗 |
[19:08] | He sounds terrible. | 太难听了 |
[19:09] | What are you talking about? He sounds fantastic. | 你说什么呢 他唱得超棒的 |
[19:14] | *Pretty little thing, let me light your candle | 小美女 让我为你点燃蜡烛* |
[19:16] | *’Cause mama, I’m sure hard to handle now, gets around… | 因为 我已难以自制 逃避…* |
[19:22] | Oh, my God. | 我勒个去 |
[19:24] | He wasn’t good last night. | 他昨晚根本就没唱好过 |
[19:26] | We just thought he was because we were all drunk! | 因为我们都醉了 所以幻想他唱得好了 |
[19:48] | Did you hear that? | 你们听到了吗 |
[19:49] | I did. | 听到了 |
[19:51] | That wasn’t bad. | 不错啊 |
[19:52] | I mean, I’m not saying it’s a song or anything, but… | 当然算不上一首曲子什么的 但是… |
[19:54] | It sounded like something, right? Am I crazy? | 貌似有模有样的啊 是我疯了吗 |
[19:57] | You’re not crazy. | 你没疯 |
[19:58] | That sounded like a couple notes from… | 听起来像… |
[20:00] | Oh, who’s that dude with Barbara Walters’ hair | 那哥们儿叫啥来着 留着芭芭拉沃尔特斯的发型那个 |
[20:03] | and named after the movie dog? | 跟那条明星狗差不多名字那个 |
[20:04] | – Beethoven. – Yes! | -贝多芬 -没错 |
[20:10] | I think she may have your gift. | 我觉得她没准遗传了你的天赋 |
[20:21] | I got it! | 我来搞定 |
[20:22] | Sometimes as adults | 有时候 作为成年人 |
[20:23] | we have to give up the dreams we had as children. | 我们必须放弃一些儿时的梦想 |
[20:26] | And that stings. | 这很让人痛心 |
[20:28] | But when you have kids, it stings a little less. | 但当你有了孩子 疼痛就会减轻了 |
[20:30] | Because the emptiness you feel from your lost dreams | 因为失去梦想让你感到的那种空虚 |
[20:33] | is more than filled up with the dreams you have for them. | 会被你对孩子们的期望所填补 |
[20:36] | If I can stay lucid for an hour after school | 要是每周二和周四放学后 我都能保持一小时清醒 |
[20:38] | Tuesdays and Thursdays, you’ve got a bright future. | 你娃的前途就光明了 |
[20:44] | I think she’s gonna be great. | 我觉得她会前途无量的 |
[20:46] | And I’m not giving up on you yet, either. | 还有 我也没放弃你 |
[20:48] | I put that video of you playing on the Internet. | 我把你小时候演奏的视频发到网上了 |
[20:50] | It’s got seven hits already. | 已经有七次点击了 |
[20:53] | You might just be famous yet. | 你搞不好已经红了 |
[21:27] | Eight hits! | 八次点击了 |
[21:29] | Thanks for watching our son’s show! | 谢谢观看我们儿子的表演 |