时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:14] | Does the song “Glow Worm” By the Mills Brothers | 你对米尔斯兄弟的《萤火虫》 |
[00:16] | mean anything to you? | 有印象吗 |
[00:18] | No. | 没 |
[00:19] | Go get the record player. | 去拿唱机来 |
[00:20] | Maybe it’ll shake something loose. | 也许能唤醒一点记忆 |
[00:23] | Oh, hey, look. | 看 |
[00:24] | here’s the recipe for your mother’s pasta sauce. | 这是你母亲的意大利面酱配方 |
[00:27] | Fill your dress full of the neighbor’s tomatoes, | 用裙子装满邻居家的西红柿 |
[00:30] | add five bottles of homemade red wine– | 加上五瓶自制红酒 |
[00:32] | drinking as you go– | 这是用来喝的 |
[00:34] | finish off with a fistful of garlic | 最后加上一把大蒜 |
[00:36] | and three pounds of ground varmint. | 和三磅野生小动物 |
[00:38] | Any of that jog any memories? | 有没有想起点什么 |
[00:43] | No. | 没 |
[00:44] | Hey, happy Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快乐 |
[00:46] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[00:48] | What’s with all the stuff? | 这是怎么回事 |
[00:49] | Your father and I thought it’d be a nice | 我和你爸觉得 |
[00:51] | Mother’s Day gift for Maw Maw | 如果能让曾奶奶想起自己有妈妈 |
[00:52] | if we helped her remember she actually had a mother once. | 那将是个很好的母亲节礼物 |
[00:54] | But so far, we’re not having any luck. | 但目前为止我们还没成功 |
[00:56] | We can’t find any pictures of her. | 我们找不到她的照片 |
[00:58] | I’m telling you, I don’t think I had a mother. | 就说我没有妈妈的 |
[01:00] | Maybe she didn’t. | 说不定还真是这么回事 |
[01:02] | I mean, none of us ever saw her. | 因为没人见过她 |
[01:04] | Maw Maw is pretty old. | 曾奶奶又这么老了 |
[01:05] | Maw Maw, you might be the first woman. | 曾奶奶 说不定你是本家族第一个女人 |
[01:07] | It’s possible. | 有可能 |
[01:09] | She had a mother. | 她有妈妈 |
[01:10] | Her name was Norma June. | 名字叫诺玛·琼 |
[01:12] | Hey, where’s Sabrina? | 塞布丽娜在哪 |
[01:13] | Oh, she’s still outside with Hope. | 还在外面陪喜旺 |
[01:15] | She’s trying to track down her mother | 她试图找到她妈的下落 |
[01:16] | so she can wish her a happy Mother’s Day. | 好祝愿母亲节快乐 |
[01:19] | No, I don’t want to order takeout. | 不 我不要叫外卖 |
[01:20] | I, uh… I have a hotel from Beijing on the other line, | 我还有个北京宾馆的电话要接 |
[01:23] | and I was wondering if you could tell me how to say, | 你能不能告诉怎么用中文讲 |
[01:25] | “Is my mother there?” | “我妈在吗” |
[01:28] | Fine, I’ll take an order of egg rolls. | 好吧我点个蛋卷 |
[01:33] | Keep playing it, Burt. | 继续放 伯特 |
[01:35] | Is it your mother, Maw Maw? | 想起你妈妈了吗 曾奶奶 |
[01:36] | Does this song remind you of your mother? | 这首歌是不是让你记起你妈了 |
[01:37] | No, my father. | 没 记起我爸了 |
[01:39] | He used to play this record all the time. | 他以前经常放这张唱片 |
[01:41] | And-and-and we would dance all… | 然后我们就跳舞 |
[01:43] | Burt, turn it off. | 伯特 关掉吧 |
[01:45] | Maw Maw, why don’t you go in the backyard | 曾奶奶 你去后院看看 |
[01:47] | and see if you can get us a varmint for dinner. | 能不能找到个小动物给我们晚饭下菜 |
[01:49] | On it. | 收到 |
[01:53] | At least now we know we can jog her memory | 现在我们至少知道如果能找到正确物品 |
[01:54] | if we find the right thing. | 就能唤起她对应的记忆了 |
[01:56] | Hey, um, can I borrow this little box? | 能不能把这个盒子借我 |
[01:59] | Yeah, I guess. Why? | 行啊 你要干嘛 |
[02:01] | Well, I was going to save it for Mother’s Day dinner, but… | 我本来打算留在母亲节晚宴说的 |
[02:04] | I’m pretty excited about it, so… | 但我实在是太兴奋了 |
[02:08] | Here. | 给 |
[02:09] | Check it out. | 你看 |
[02:10] | Hope made it at daycare. | 喜旺在托儿所做的 |
[02:12] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[02:15] | I love it. | 我喜欢 |
[02:16] | I absolutely love it. | 我太喜欢啦 |
[02:18] | I’m never taking it off. | 我要永远戴着它 |
[02:20] | Oh, Mom, yeah, the necklace isn’t for you; | 妈妈 这条项链不是送你的 |
[02:23] | it’s for Sabrina. | 是送塞布丽娜的 |
[02:25] | Excuse me? | 啥 |
[02:27] | Uh… it’s for Sabrina. | 是送塞布丽娜的 |
[02:31] | I’m going to give it to her at-at dinner tonight. | 我要在今晚晚餐时送给她 |
[02:34] | That’s… that’s why I’m going to put it in the box. | 所以才想把它放在盒子里 |
[02:36] | Uh, well… | 好吧 |
[02:40] | I feel stupid. | 我蠢了 |
[02:42] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[02:44] | All right, hey, you know, | 那什么 |
[02:46] | I’m-I’m sorry that you thought it was for you. | 很遗憾这不是送给你的 |
[02:50] | Hey, uh, did you get in touch with your mom? | 你找到你妈了吗 |
[02:52] | Uh, not yet. | 还没 |
[02:54] | From what I can tell, | 就目前情报看来 |
[02:55] | she’s on a tandem bike tour of the Great Wall of China | 她现在和一个叫平的男人在长城上 |
[02:57] | with some guy named Ping. | 骑双人自行车呢 |
[03:01] | I couldn’t find a varmint. | 我找不到小动物 |
[03:03] | But I found three critters and a rascal. | 但找到三只”小妹妹”和一只”小弟弟” |
[03:07] | Beef jerky, kettle corn and soda. | 牛肉干 爆米花还有苏打 |
[03:12] | Well, that’s got diabetes and road trip written all over it. | 糖分挺高 你们这是要去公路旅行吗 |
[03:15] | Where you headed? | 上哪儿去 |
[03:16] | Up to Hagerstown. | 去格斯城 |
[03:17] | Gonna take some pictures of the house | 去给曾奶奶长大的那栋房子 |
[03:18] | Maw Maw grew up in and see if it | 拍张照片 |
[03:20] | shakes loose any memories of her mother. | 看能不能让曾奶奶想起她妈妈 |
[03:21] | Huh, I was going to take a road trip today, too. | 我今天本来也要出远门的 |
[03:23] | Visit my two moms for Mother’s Day. | 在母亲节这天去看望我的两个妈妈 |
[03:25] | But they canceled to go outlet shopping. | 但她们取消了 因为要去奥特莱斯购物 |
[03:27] | Flannel dome’s having a big sale. | 法兰绒圆顶帽有跳楼价 |
[03:30] | Yeah, looks like Barney spent a weekend in Washington marching | 可怜的巴尼只能独自瞎逛度过周末 |
[03:32] | to give them the right to break my heart. | 他的小心脏已经碎了 |
[03:36] | You know, if you want some company, | 如果你需要有人同行 |
[03:37] | I’ll be glad to come along. | 我乐意奉陪 |
[03:39] | Uh, why not? | 行啊 |
[03:40] | Always nice to have some company in the car | 如果电台放二重奏的话 |
[03:42] | in case a duet comes on the radio. | 有人同行再好不过 |
[03:46] | Frank, you’re in charge. | 弗兰克 这儿归你管了 |
[03:47] | I’m not sure if I’m up to it. | 我好像不太乐意啊 |
[03:49] | Today’s Mother’s Day, | 今天是母亲节 |
[03:51] | and I haven’t talked to my mom in… | 我都好久没和我妈说话了 |
[03:52] | Frank, suck it up. Nobody cares. | 弗兰克 够了哦 又没人在意 |
[04:04] | I’d like to drive on the way back, if you don’t mind. | 回程我来开行吗 |
[04:07] | Not that I didn’t enjoy the excitement | 我是很享受刚在十字路口 |
[04:08] | of beating that train at the crossing, | 与火车竞速的兴奋 |
[04:09] | but you can only turn your underwear inside out once. | 但生命只有一次啊 |
[04:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[04:16] | I’m just taking a few pictures. | 我只想拍几张照片 |
[04:19] | Actually, I was wondering if I could take some pictures inside, too. | 但我想问问能不能进屋拍几张 |
[04:21] | My wife’s great-grandmother used to live here. | 我老婆的曾奶奶以前住在这 |
[04:24] | Her name’s Norma June Mayfair. | 她的名字叫诺玛·琼·梅菲 |
[04:27] | What the hell do you want? | 你想要干啥 |
[04:30] | Nothing. | 没啥 |
[04:30] | We don’t want anything. | 我们什么都不想要 |
[04:32] | We’ll leave. | 马上就走 |
[04:32] | We’re leaving. | 马上就走 |
[04:34] | Why did you say my name? | 你刚为什么叫我的名字 |
[04:36] | I didn’t. | 我没啊 |
[04:36] | I said Norma June May… | 我说的是诺玛·琼·梅 |
[04:38] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[04:40] | Are you Norma June Mayfair? | 你是诺玛·琼·梅菲吗 |
[04:43] | You bet your ass I am. | 正是老娘 |
[04:48] | I want my mommies. | 人家要妈咪 |
[04:53] | What you want? | 你想要啥 |
[04:55] | Calm down. | 淡定 |
[04:57] | I’m a relative of yours. | 我是你亲戚 |
[04:59] | I’m married to your great-granddaughter, Virginia. | 我和你曾孙女维吉妮亚结婚了 |
[05:01] | Her grandmother’s your daughter. | 她奶奶是你女儿 |
[05:03] | I don’t have a daughter. | 我没有女儿 |
[05:05] | Well, Burt, I don’t think the little guy | 伯特 我觉得那个《指环王》里的 |
[05:06] | from Lord of the Rings would lie, | 小家伙不会说谎的 |
[05:08] | so I think we should be on our way. | 我们还是闪人吧 |
[05:10] | Look, you’re very old, | 你瞧 你这么老了 |
[05:12] | and if you’re anything like your daughter, | 如果你与你女儿有相似之处的话 |
[05:13] | I’m sure your memory isn’t great, | 那就是你俩记性都不好 |
[05:15] | but you have a family who loves you. | 但你有个爱你的家庭 |
[05:17] | They just thought you were dead. | 他们都以为你死了 |
[05:18] | I am dead. | 我是死了 |
[05:19] | I’ve been dead for 20 years. | 我都死了20年了 |
[05:30] | Are you an angel? | 你是天使吗 |
[05:31] | Are you here to take me to Heaven? | 你是来带我去天堂的吗 |
[05:35] | She’s a ghost, Burt. | 她是鬼啊 伯特 |
[05:37] | She’s a ghost, and we’re the only people seeing her. | 她是鬼啊 只有我们看得见她 |
[05:41] | Maybe we’re dead, too. | 也许我们也死了 |
[05:43] | I bet you didn’t really beat that train | 你刚过十字路口的时候 |
[05:45] | at the crossing and we got hit. | 肯定没跑赢火车 我们被撞啦 |
[05:47] | Damn you, Burt. | 干 伯特 |
[05:48] | I had so much to live for. | 我还没活够呢 |
[05:50] | I never saw Breaking Bad. | 我还没看过《绝命毒师》 |
[05:51] | I was saving it. | 我想留着以后看 |
[05:53] | Why did I save it?! | 我干嘛要留着啊 |
[05:55] | Excuse me, sir? | 不好意思 |
[05:57] | Do you see an extremely old woman on the porch? | 你能看到门廊那有个老女人吗 |
[06:01] | Norma June? | 诺玛·琼 |
[06:03] | Yeah, I see her. | 看到了 |
[06:04] | So, the shotgun aimed at your head… | 她拿着散弹枪指着你脑袋的时候 |
[06:06] | not a concern for you? | 你就不紧张 |
[06:07] | No, the gun’s empty. | 不紧张 枪没子弹 |
[06:09] | We do this every day. | 我们每天都这样 |
[06:11] | She’s harmless. | 她不构成威胁 |
[06:12] | Hasn’t left the house in years. | 好多年没离开过这房子了 |
[06:14] | She thinks she’s dead | 她以为自己死了 |
[06:15] | and she’s waiting for angels to come get her. | 一直在等天使来接她去天堂 |
[06:19] | What kind of varmint is this? | 这是什么小动物肉 |
[06:21] | This is amazing. | 太神奇了 |
[06:22] | Maw Maw’s mother is alive. | 曾奶奶的妈妈还活着 |
[06:24] | Sh-Should we call Virginia and have her bring Maw Maw here? | 要不要给维吉尼亚打电话 让她把曾奶奶带来 |
[06:26] | No, no. | 不要 |
[06:27] | I want that to be a surprise for Virginia, too. | 我也想让维吉妮亚惊喜一下 |
[06:30] | This is going to be the best Mother’s Day ever. | 这将是史上最棒母亲节 |
[06:32] | We’re bringing Norma June home with us. | 我们把诺玛·琼带回家去 |
[06:34] | Norma June. | 诺玛·琼 |
[06:36] | Who the hell are you? | 你是哪根葱 |
[06:37] | Are you an angel? | 你是天使吗 |
[06:38] | No, my name is Burt. | 不 我叫伯特 |
[06:40] | And I’m going to take you home with us. | 我要带你跟我们回家 |
[06:42] | You’re going to meet your daughter. | 你要去见你的女儿 |
[06:43] | I ain’t got no daughter. | 老娘没女儿 |
[06:44] | Now, get! | 滚 |
[06:45] | Look, I know there aren’t any bullets in the gun, so… | 我知道枪里没子弹 |
[06:56] | Well, I wonder what she does to keep in shape. | 她都是怎么锻炼身体的 |
[06:59] | She’s quite spry. | 身手好敏捷 |
[07:03] | Maw Maw’s ma sure put a lot of red wine in her pasta sauce. | 曾奶奶的妈妈在意面酱里放好多红酒啊 |
[07:07] | Most of the alcohol burns off when you cook it. | 但烹饪过程中大多数酒精都会蒸发的 |
[07:09] | Yeah, even still, we should make a separate batch for Hope. | 就算如此 我们也应该单独给喜旺做一份 |
[07:11] | Not that drunk three-year-olds aren’t funny, | 喝醉的三岁小孩肯定很欢乐 |
[07:13] | but she has a hard enough time walking a straight line as it is. | 但没喝醉她都很难走直线 |
[07:15] | Actually, Hope’s been walking pretty good for a while. | 喜旺都学会走路好一段时间了 |
[07:18] | How long has it been? | 是有多久了 |
[07:20] | Sabrina, do you remember when Hope took her first steps? | 塞布丽娜 你记得喜旺什么时候开始走路的吗 |
[07:23] | Um, I’m not sure. | 不太清楚 |
[07:25] | Oh, that’s right. | 是啊 |
[07:27] | You weren’t around back then. | 你那时还不在 |
[07:28] | I remember my back always hurt from walking hunched over | 我记得因为总是弯腰牵着她的小手 |
[07:31] | holding her little hands. | 那阵我背疼得厉害 |
[07:33] | – That was a mother of a job. – Okay, Mom. | -真是个称职的妈妈啊 -够了妈妈 |
[07:36] | But that wasn’t anywhere near as bad as when she cut her first tooth. | 但她刚长牙那会才叫头疼呢 |
[07:40] | – Were you around for that, Sabrina? – I can’t remember. | – 你那时在吗 塞布丽娜 -我不记得 |
[07:43] | Oh, it’s probably my mom. | 好像是我妈 |
[07:44] | It’s an international call. | 这是个国际长途 |
[07:46] | Mom? | 妈 |
[07:48] | Hi, Mr. Ping. | 你好 平先生 |
[07:49] | Oh, sorry, Ping’s your first name. | 抱歉 你不姓平 |
[07:52] | Can you cool it with the questions? | 你能别问那种问题了吗 |
[07:53] | What? I’m just making conversation. | 咋啦 我只是闲聊啊 |
[07:55] | Filled with questions one would think a mother should know. | 那是一个妈妈应该知道的事情啊 |
[07:58] | Sabrina knows plenty about Hope. | 塞布丽娜对喜旺了解得很多啊 |
[08:00] | Not as much as me. | 不如我多 |
[08:01] | It’s not a trivia contest, Mom. | 这又不是什么比赛 妈妈 |
[08:03] | The macaroni necklace doesn’t go to the person | 木头项链不是要送给 |
[08:05] | who knows the date that Hope switched from diapers | 那个知道喜旺什么时候开始不穿尿布 |
[08:06] | to big-girl pants. | 改穿内裤的人 |
[08:08] | December 14. I bought them for her, | 11月14日 我给她买的内裤 |
[08:09] | and they had butterflies on them. | 内裤上还有蝴蝶图案 |
[08:11] | You’re being insane. | 你疯了 |
[08:12] | Hey, did you get to wish your mom a Happy Mother’s Day? | 你祝你妈母亲节快乐了吗 |
[08:14] | Nope. Ping said she’s at a casino | 没 平说她在澳门赌场 |
[08:17] | in Macau on an epic 18-hour blackjack run. | 大赌一场18小时的二十一点 |
[08:21] | She thinks, if she gets on the phone with me, it’ll be bad luck. | 她觉得跟我打电话会让她倒霉 |
[08:27] | I need some “Shut up” Lollipops and Band-Aids. | 我要些创口贴和能塞住嘴巴的棒棒糖 |
[08:31] | The neighbor kid fell into my varmint trapping pit. | 隔壁小孩掉进我用来抓小动物的陷阱了 |
[08:36] | Who are you? What do you want? | 你是谁 你想干啥 |
[08:38] | *We are from Heaven * | *我们来自天堂* |
[08:43] | * And we want you.* | *我们要你* |
[08:45] | You are, uh, Norma June Mayfair, right? | 你是诺玛·琼·梅菲 对吧 |
[08:48] | – Yes. – Good. | -是 -那就好 |
[08:50] | We were supposed to pick you up years ago | 我们应该多年前就来接你 |
[08:51] | and take you to Heaven, but, uh, there was a mix-up. | 去天堂的 但是不小心搞错人了 |
[08:54] | God sends his apologies. | 上帝对此表示歉意 |
[08:56] | Angels have wings | 天使有翅膀 |
[08:57] | and halos, | 和光环的 |
[08:59] | and-and their breath doesn’t smell like beef jerky | 他们也不应该有牛肉干味和 |
[09:02] | and kettle corn. | 爆米花的口气 |
[09:05] | *Shine, little glowworm, glimmer, glimmer * | *闪亮吧 萤火虫 发光吧 发光吧* |
[09:07] | *Shine, little glowworm, glimmer, glimmer * | *闪亮吧 萤火虫 发光吧 发光吧* |
[09:11] | I-I… I know that song. | 我知道那首歌 |
[09:13] | I think my husband used to sing it. | 我老公以前经常唱 |
[09:17] | I think I had a husband. | 我好像有个老公 |
[09:20] | Yes, you did. | 你是有 |
[09:21] | And you can see your family again… | 如果你跟我们走 |
[09:23] | if you come with us. I promise. | 就能与家人重聚 我保证 |
[09:25] | *Lead us down the path we wander* | *请为迷茫的我们 指明前方的路* |
[09:27] | *Love’s sweet voice is calling yonder* | *天籁之音 召唤着我们远行* |
[09:30] | *Shine, little glowworm, glimmer,glimmer* | *发光的萤火虫啊 闪啊闪* |
[09:33] | *Hey there, don’t get dimmer, dimmer* | *请别请别 熄灭熄灭* |
[09:35] | *Light the path below* | *请为我们指明路的方向* |
[09:38] | *Above and lead us on to love* | *请为我们指明爱的方向* |
[09:42] | Virginia! | 维吉妮亚 |
[09:44] | Virginia! | 维吉妮亚 |
[09:47] | I got a surprise for Maw Maw. | 我为奶奶准备了一份惊喜 |
[09:49] | I got a surprise for everybody. | 也是给大家的一个惊喜 |
[09:50] | Did you get pictures of the house? | 你拍到老房子的照片了吗 |
[09:52] | Better. | 比那绝 |
[09:53] | Look what I found. | 瞧瞧我找到什么了 |
[09:57] | Burt, what is that? | 伯特 这是什么鬼东西 |
[09:58] | It’s your great-grandmother. | 她是你的曾奶奶啊 |
[10:00] | She’s alive. | 她还活着呢 |
[10:01] | What? | 啥 |
[10:02] | So you’re God and… | 这么说 你就是上帝 |
[10:04] | this is Heaven? | 这里就是天堂了 |
[10:06] | I gave up 5,000 Sunday mornings for this? | 5000个周末早起做礼拜 就为了这鬼地方 |
[10:09] | But it can’t be her. | 这怎么可能呢 |
[10:14] | – She’d have to be… – 104. Yep. | -她得… -104岁了 |
[10:19] | Who are you two ragamuffins? | 这两个破衣烂衫的又是什么人 |
[10:21] | – Good Lord. – What is that? | -上帝啊 -这什么玩意儿 |
[10:22] | It’s your great-great-grandmother. | 她是你曾曾奶奶啊 |
[10:24] | Happy Mother’s Day, everybody. | 母亲节快乐 各位 |
[10:32] | Mom? | 妈 |
[10:34] | Barbara June? | 芭芭拉·琼 |
[10:41] | You! | 是你 |
[10:42] | You. | 是你 |
[10:48] | Oh, my. | 天啊 |
[10:54] | You wrinkled prune! | 你个老笨蛋 |
[10:57] | You dim-witted nincompoop! | 你个傻白痴 |
[11:00] | Nincompoop? | 白痴 |
[11:01] | How dare you call me the… | 大胆 居然敢叫我 |
[11:03] | N-word? | 白痴 |
[11:04] | Stop it. This is crazy. | 够了 这事太扯了 |
[11:06] | Why do you two hate each other so much? | 你们俩为什么会彼此仇视呢 |
[11:09] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来说 |
[11:10] | I remember it like it was yesterday. | 我记得可清楚了 一如昨日 |
[11:13] | You don’t remember yesterday. | 你哪里记得昨天发生的事 |
[11:15] | Good point. | 也对 |
[11:16] | But I remember this. | 但这件事我记得 |
[11:19] | My mother sent me out to buy some heating oil. | 我妈妈让我去买点取暖的油 |
[11:28] | The man said he’d bring the oil to the house, | 卖油的说 他一会儿就送货上门 |
[11:29] | but I was flimflammed. | 可他那是忽悠我的 |
[11:33] | On the way home, I saw a new movie was opening, | 回家的路上 我看到一部新上映的电影 |
[11:35] | but I didn’t have any money, | 但我身上没钱 |
[11:36] | so I used my feminine wiles | 于是就使了点女孩子独有的花招 |
[11:40] | to get in for free. | 免费看了电影 |
[11:42] | When I got home, my mother was furious. | 到家之后 我妈已经气疯了 |
[11:44] | She accused me of spending the oil money to go to the movies. | 她指责我用买油的钱去看了电影 |
[11:53] | So I headed west from Hagerstown to Natesville, | 所以我就从黑格斯敦搬到了纳什维尔 |
[11:57] | and that was the last I ever saw of her. | 那是我这辈子最后一次见到她 |
[12:04] | So you two haven’t spoken in 70 years | 这么说 你们俩因为一次小误会 |
[12:08] | over a misunderstanding? | 就70年来不相往来 |
[12:10] | There’s no misunderstanding. | 没什么误会 |
[12:11] | She stole from me– 25 big ones. | 她偷了我的钱 25个大洋 |
[12:15] | So you’re telling me that this fight is only over $25? | 你是说 你们就因为25块钱闹这么僵 |
[12:18] | 25 cents. | 是25毛钱 |
[12:20] | Those were “big ones” back then. | 过去那会儿 可是笔巨款呢 |
[12:24] | Fine. | 还你 |
[12:26] | This is all I ever wanted. | 我想要不过如此 |
[12:28] | My little girl. | 我的小女儿 |
[12:30] | Mommy. | 妈咪 |
[12:37] | Best Mother’s Day ever. | 这是最棒的母亲节 |
[12:38] | This is so sweet. | 真有爱 |
[12:44] | I’ve got to use your john. | 我要用一下你们的洗手间 |
[12:46] | It might be a while. | 可能时间会久一点 |
[12:48] | I can’t tell you what for | 但具体原因我不能说 |
[12:50] | ’cause a lady doesn’t discuss her business. | 因为作为一名淑女 谈这种事是不合适的 |
[13:03] | And on those notes… | 谢谢她的伴奏 |
[13:04] | it’s time for dinner. | 开饭了 |
[13:06] | I’ll help you set the table. | 我帮你布置桌子 |
[13:08] | Just make sure you give Hope her favorite color dish. | 给喜旺的盘子一定得是她最喜欢的颜色 |
[13:14] | What are you doing? | 你干啥呢 |
[13:15] | Pink’s not Hope’s favorite color. | 喜旺最喜欢的颜色不是粉红 |
[13:17] | Yeah, it is. | 就是粉红啊 |
[13:18] | No, that’s just part of a girly phase | 非也 只是这段时间 |
[13:20] | she’s going through right now. | 她有点小女生情结泛滥 |
[13:22] | Green has always been her favorite color. | 绿色 才是她的一生挚爱 |
[13:26] | It was also her first word. | 这也是她会说的第一个词 |
[13:28] | Except she called it “Geen.” | 不过当时发成”女色”了 |
[13:29] | It was so cute. | 太萌了 |
[13:31] | Of course you weren’t… | 不过你当时… |
[13:31] | There. Yeah, I know. | 不在场 我知道 |
[13:33] | Is there something going on? | 出什么事了吗 |
[13:36] | Hey, you know what? | 跟你说件事 |
[13:37] | Uh, I was gonna wait till after dinner to do this, | 本来是想晚餐后告诉你的 |
[13:40] | but the anticipation is killing me. | 但我实在憋不住了 |
[13:43] | So, go on. | 来吧 |
[13:51] | Did you…? | 这是你… |
[13:53] | Oh, my goodness. | 天啊 |
[13:56] | And look, you even painted it | 瞧啊 你还上了色 |
[13:58] | your favorite color “Geen.” | 还是你最爱的”女色” |
[14:05] | Jimmy, did I do something? | 吉米 我是不是做错了什么 |
[14:06] | Yep, you married into a crazy family. | 是啊 谁叫你嫁的这家人都不正常呢 |
[14:09] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[14:15] | Leave me alone. | 让我一个人呆着 |
[14:17] | I think you’re acting pretty silly over a macaroni necklace. | 你跟一条木头项链过不去 实在不值当 |
[14:20] | It’s not about the necklace, Jimmy. | 这跟项链没关系 吉米 |
[14:23] | The only good female family relationship | 现在这个家里 我能维持好的 |
[14:25] | I had left was me and Hope | 同性关系就只剩喜旺了 |
[14:27] | I barely remember my mother. | 我对自己的妈妈几乎没什么印象 |
[14:29] | Maw Maw barely remembers anything. | 奶奶脑子又不清楚 |
[14:32] | This was it. | 只剩下喜旺了 |
[14:34] | She was my little girl. | 她是我的小宝贝 |
[14:38] | Fruitcake? | 水果馅饼 |
[14:40] | When the hell did I eat fruitcake? | 搞什么鬼 我哪里吃过水果馅饼 |
[14:44] | Hope’s still your little girl. | 喜旺依然是你的小宝贝 |
[14:46] | Not for long. | 过不了多久了 |
[14:48] | As she grows up, she’ll never even remember | 等她长大了 她可能永远不会记得 |
[14:50] | the time when it was just me and her. | 我们俩共度的好时光 |
[14:53] | Sabrina will be her mother, and… | 塞布丽娜才是她的妈妈 |
[14:56] | I’ll just be the crazy old lady | 而我只是一个疯颠颠的老女人 |
[14:58] | screaming from the bathroom. | 只会在洗手间大吵大闹 |
[15:01] | Norma June, it’s been a little while. | 诺玛·琼 已经过了好久了 |
[15:03] | You need some help in there? | 需要我帮忙吗 |
[15:06] | Norma June? | 诺玛·琼 |
[15:12] | Burt, could you come here for a second? | 伯特 能过来一下吗 |
[15:19] | I think she’s dead. | 她好像死了 |
[15:21] | Did you try mouth-to-mouth? | 做过人工呼吸了吗 |
[15:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[15:28] | But maybe you should give it a shot. | 不如你试试 |
[15:37] | Nah, she’s dead. | 不要 她真死了 |
[15:40] | Worst Mother’s Day ever. | 这是有史以来最糟的母亲节 |
[15:47] | Is that fruitcake? | 那是水果蛋糕吗 |
[15:53] | Ah, man, do we really need a stretcher? | 一定要用担架吗 |
[15:55] | I’m trying to hide this from the rest of the family | 我不想让家里人知道 |
[15:57] | so it doesn’t put a damper on Mother’s Day. | 不然大过节的多扫兴 |
[15:59] | Can’t we just Weekend at Bernie’s her out of here? | 不能把她当活人送走吗 |
[16:06] | Shouldn’t we tell Barbara June? | 要不要告诉芭芭拉·琼 |
[16:07] | It’s her mother. | 毕竟那是她妈啊 |
[16:19] | Maw Maw. | 奶奶 |
[16:21] | Chow time, warden? | 开饭了吗 监狱长 |
[16:22] | Do you have a mother? | 你有没有妈妈 |
[16:27] | Nope. | 没 |
[16:32] | As long as she doesn’t see her again, I think we’re good. | 只要她不看见她妈 就万事大吉 |
[16:48] | I want you to have this. | 这个送你 |
[16:49] | No. That’s yours. | 不行 那是你的 |
[16:51] | Hope made it for you. Jimmy wants you to have it. | 是喜旺给你做的 吉米也希望你收下 |
[16:53] | I was just being… | 我只是在 |
[16:56] | crazy. | 无理取闹 |
[16:57] | Yeah, yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[16:59] | That’s why I’m gonna keep the necklace that Hope made. | 所以喜旺做的这条我要留着 |
[17:03] | ‘Cause this one is one that I made for you. | 这条是我做了送给你的 |
[17:08] | Happy Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快乐 |
[17:09] | That’s very sweet, | 你真贴心 |
[17:10] | but it’s not Mother-in-Law’s Day; | 但今天不是婆婆节 |
[17:12] | it’s Mother’s Day. | 而是母亲节 |
[17:13] | You should give that to your mother. | 你应该送给你妈 |
[17:15] | Over the last few years, you have been | 这几年来 |
[17:17] | more of a mother to me than my mother ever was. | 你比我亲妈更像我的妈妈 |
[17:22] | I want you to have this. | 我希望你收下 |
[17:24] | I see what you’re doing, and it’s very sweet, but… | 我懂你的意思 我很感动 但是 |
[17:27] | What’s my favorite color? | 我最喜欢什么颜色 |
[17:31] | What is it? | 什么颜色 |
[17:32] | Orange. | 橙色 |
[17:35] | And you know that because…? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[17:37] | Because, for your wedding, | 因为筹备婚礼的时候 |
[17:38] | you and I spent two days driving to every supermarket in town | 我们两天逛遍了所有超市 |
[17:41] | buying all the orange flowers. | 把橙色的花抢购一空 |
[17:44] | And how did I chip my tooth? | 那我是怎么摔断牙齿的 |
[17:47] | You thought you could skateboard drunk on Cinco de Mayo. | 五月节那天 你以为自己能喝醉了滑冰 |
[17:51] | And you not only chipped your tooth, | 你不只摔断了牙齿 |
[17:53] | you sprained your ankle. | 还崴了脚 |
[17:54] | And when did I start walking again? | 我什么时候又可以走路了呢 |
[17:59] | Three days later on Ocho de Mayo. | 三天以后 五月八号那天 |
[18:07] | You should take that. | 接吧 |
[18:13] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:16] | Hello? | 喂 |
[18:18] | Mom, is that you? | 妈 是你吗 |
[18:20] | Mom, I can’t hear you over the music. | 妈 音乐太吵了 我听不见 |
[18:26] | Oh, crap. Is this here for me? | 见鬼 这是来抬我的吗 |
[18:29] | No. | 不是 |
[18:30] | Good. | 很好 |
[18:32] | Bye, Jimmy. | 再见 吉米 |
[18:33] | Surprised you made it this far. | 活了这么久真是奇迹啊 |
[18:40] | Smells like someone died in here. | 怎么闻着像里面死过人 |
[18:42] | Yeah, I was just calling to wish you a Happy Mother’s Day. | 我就想对你说声母亲节快乐 |
[18:46] | Happy Mother’s Day. | 母亲节快乐 |
[18:49] | Oh, no, no, wait. | 别走 等等 |
[18:50] | I want you to hear this. | 你听听 |
[18:53] | Hey, Mom? | 妈 |
[18:54] | What’s my favorite color? | 我最喜欢什么颜色 |
[18:55] | I’m gonna guess black, since your husband is black. | 估计是黑色吧 你不是嫁了个黑人 |
[18:58] | Hmm, yeah, that’s my stepsister. | 那是我继妹 |
[19:01] | Oh, then I don’t know your favorite color. | 那我就不知道了 |
[19:04] | Say red. | 就说红色 |
[19:05] | Red is very powerful color. | 红色有气场 |
[19:07] | Like Tiger Woods on final day. | 泰格·伍兹决赛就穿红色 |
[19:11] | Mom, do you remember how old I was I when I first walked? | 妈妈 你记不记得我是几岁学会走路的 |
[19:14] | Got my first tooth and said my first word? | 又是几岁开始长牙 开始说话的 |
[19:17] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[19:18] | If you can’t remember those things, | 你自己都不记得 |
[19:19] | how the heck am I supposed to? | 还要我帮你记着不成 |
[19:21] | Look, I got to go. | 我要挂了 |
[19:22] | But thanks for calling. | 谢谢你打电话过来 |
[19:24] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[19:26] | No, it’s Mother’s… | 不是 今天母亲… |
[19:37] | Ah, there’s my favorite moms. | 我最爱的两位妈妈来了 |
[19:42] | Hey, aren’t we missing a table setting? | 是不是少了把椅子 |
[19:44] | Oh, uh, Norma June left. | 诺玛·琼走了 |
[19:47] | Don’t tell me her and Maw Maw got in another fight. | 别告诉我她和奶奶又吵架了 |
[19:50] | No, uh, she left peacefully. | 没有 她走得很安详 |
[19:52] | Very peacefully. | 非常安详 |
[19:53] | I’ll give you the details later. | 我等会儿再详细告诉你 |
[19:56] | This pasta sauce tastes familiar. | 这个意大利面酱的味道似曾相识 |
[20:07] | Yup, this is my mother’s recipe. | 错不了 是我妈的秘方 |
[20:10] | Do you remember your mother? | 你还记得你妈吗 |
[20:12] | Oh, yeah. | 记得 |
[20:14] | We had a falling out a long time ago, | 我们很久以前闹过矛盾 |
[20:18] | but in the end, | 但最后 |
[20:20] | I think we made up. | 好像又和好了 |
[20:27] | Ooh, I got to take that. | 我接个电话 |
[20:28] | Save me a meatball. | 帮我留个肉丸 |
[20:32] | I don’t want to gross everybody out, | 我不是成心恶心你们 |
[20:34] | but we did not make meatballs for this pasta. | 但面里面没有加肉丸 |
[20:38] | Hello? | 喂 |
[20:39] | Ah, yes. | 你好 |
[20:40] | Yeah, me and Lucy Liu. | 我和刘玉玲一起 |
[20:42] | Lin-sanity! | 还有林来疯 |
[20:44] | It’s just me. | 我旁边没人 |
[20:44] | Stop it. It’s just her. | 别说了 她一个人 |
[20:47] | Did it work? | 有用吗 |
[20:47] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah. It worked. | 有的有的 |
[20:49] | She totally bought it. | 她没有半点怀疑 |
[20:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:51] | So, your mother never called, huh? | 你妈没给你回电话是吗 |
[20:53] | No. | 没有 |
[20:55] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[20:56] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[21:01] | I’m with my family. | 我和家人在一起 |
[21:09] | *I want a mom that will last forever* | *我想永远做妈妈的小宝贝* |
[21:14] | *I want a mom to make it all better* | *天大的事有妈妈来扛* |
[21:20] | *I want a mom to take my hand* | *躲进妈妈的怀抱* |
[21:22] | *And make me feel like a holiday* | *便不用急着成长* |
[21:26] | *I want a mom that will last forever* | *我想永远做妈妈的小宝贝* |