时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Maw Maw! Hurry up! | 曾奶奶 快一点 |
[00:06] | It’s time for the yard movie. | 露天电影要开始啦 |
[00:09] | Who’s the pygmy? | 那小玩意是谁 |
[00:10] | What’s it doing in my seat? | 它怎么占了我的位 |
[00:11] | Maw Maw, this is your great-granddaughter, Hope. | 曾奶奶 这是你的重孙女喜旺呀 |
[00:14] | Who the heck are you? | 你他妈又是谁啊 |
[00:15] | Yeah, I think Maw Maw’s confused again. | 好吧 我觉得曾奶奶又糊涂了 |
[00:17] | Maw Maw, what’s the last thing you remember? | 曾奶奶 你最后记得的事情是什么 |
[00:19] | That dopey looking kid went out to get bubblegum ice cream. | 那个熊孩子出去买泡泡糖味的冰激凌 |
[00:22] | Wow. She’s forgotten, like, the last three years. | 哇 她把过去三年的事都忘干净了 |
[00:25] | Get out the instruments, | 乐器走起 |
[00:27] | she needs a memory reset. | 她需要记忆重启 |
[00:28] | One, two, three… | 一 二 三 |
[00:32] | *Jimmy brought home a serial killer * | *吉米带了个连环杀手回家* |
[00:34] | *And he nailed her before he knew * | *他一时色急上了她* |
[00:37] | *They locked her up without a key, but in her guilty belly * | *警察把她关进牢房 但在她的肚子里* |
[00:39] | *a darling baby grew* | *一个婴儿正在长大* |
[00:43] | *Jimmy was a struggling single father * | *吉米是个苦逼的单身爸爸* |
[00:46] | *Till he found a girl to help him cope * | *直到他遇到那个贤惠的女娃* |
[00:48] | *That’s your great-grandson Jimmy * | *那是你的曾孙吉米* |
[00:51] | *And his wife Sabrina * | *和他的妻子塞布丽娜* |
[00:53] | *And…their daughter… | *以及他们的女儿* |
[00:57] | Monkey? | 猴子 |
[00:58] | Maybe some specifics would jog her memory. | 或许一些特殊事件能触发她的记忆 |
[01:01] | Maw Maw, remember how… | 曾奶奶 你可还记得 |
[01:02] | *Hope got stuck in Virginia’s shed * | *喜旺被卡在了维吉妮亚的杂物房* |
[01:05] | *You Jenga-ed her out or she’d be dead * | *你的高超拆物术拯救了她 毫发无伤* |
[01:07] | *We went to Vegas with Virginia’s cousin * | *我们和维吉妮亚的表姐去了维加斯* |
[01:09] | *Burt was Jewish and then he wasn’t* | *伯特一开始是犹太人 结果发现他并不是* |
[01:12] | *Pitched our inventions to Andrew Dice Clay * | *我们把发明卖给了安德鲁·戴斯·克雷* |
[01:14] | *Jimmy married Frank, although he’s not gay * | *吉米弗兰克结了婚 身非基佬心好累* |
[01:16] | *We met Jimmy’s almost family,* | *我们和吉米的养父母见了面* |
[01:18] | *a bunch of racists* | *那帮种族歧视分子把我们嫌* |
[01:19] | *We caught a squirrel who was a rapist * | *还逮住一只松鼠强奸犯 真讨厌* |
[01:21] | *We busted you out of a nursing home * | *我们把你从养老院偷出来* |
[01:24] | *They fought a bear, we danced with some * | *他们和熊大战 我们却与之跳舞* |
[01:26] | *Bought a used time machine * | *买了一台二手时光机器* |
[01:27] | *- Fought a giant candy war – Trained a pig* | *-来了一场糖果大战 -训练了一头猪* |
[01:29] | *Sold pigurines* | *忍痛卖了猪猪侠* |
[01:31] | *And so, so, so much more…* | *还有太多太多回忆* |
[01:36] | Maw Maw, do you remember it now? | 曾奶奶 你现在想起来了吗 |
[01:39] | Are you still confused? | 你还是觉得稀里糊涂的吗 |
[01:41] | Nope. That’s… | 我记得 |
[01:42] | *Barney, Frank, the odd one’s Shelley * | *巴尼 弗兰克 怪怪的那个是雪莉* |
[01:45] | *Dancin’ Dan* | *舞王丹* |
[01:46] | *I know I’m Maw Maw* | *我知道我是曾奶奶* |
[01:48] | *My granddaughter, Virginia * | *我孙女维吉妮亚* |
[01:49] | *Her husband Burt,* | *她老公伯特* |
[01:50] | *my great-grandson Jimmy * | *我的曾孙吉米* |
[01:52] | *His wife Sabrina* | *他妻子塞布丽娜* |
[01:53] | *And… their daughter…* | *以及他们的女儿* |
[02:01] | I want to say… | 我记得是叫 |
[02:03] | Edgar. | 埃德加 |
[02:06] | Hope! | 喜旺 |
[02:07] | I hope your name is Edgar, too– | 我希望你的名字也叫埃德加 |
[02:09] | that would be hilarious. | 那就好笑死了 |
[02:36] | Burt! | 伯特 |
[02:38] | You got to come with me. I saw him again. | 快跟我来 我又看到他了 |
[02:39] | That guy who looks like white Morgan Freeman? | 那个白人版的摩根·弗里曼[著名演员]吗 |
[02:41] | No. deja vu Man! | 不 是”闪现男” |
[02:43] | Damn, I always miss him. | 该死 我老是遇不着他 |
[02:44] | – What are they talking about? – deja vu Man. | -他们在说谁呢 -闪现男 |
[02:46] | He’s mom’s imaginary friend. | 他是我老妈意淫出来的朋友 |
[02:47] | He’s not imaginary. He’s real. | 才不是 他是真实存在的 |
[02:50] | He shows up every few years. | 每隔几年就会闪现一次 |
[02:53] | The first time, | 还记得第一次见面 |
[02:54] | I was waiting for Paw Paw to pick me up from school. | 我正在等曾爷爷来接我放学 |
[02:56] | I just thought he was a pervert, | 还当他是个变态呢 |
[02:58] | but then when I saw he didn’t have a mustache, | 但后来发现他胡子剃得超干净 |
[03:00] | I assumed I was being discovered | 我琢磨着自己是不是 |
[03:02] | by an undercover modeling talent scout. | 被便衣模特星探发现了 |
[03:07] | He always shows up when I’m at my least photogenic. | 他总是在我最不上照的时候出现 |
[03:17] | The last time before today was about a year ago. | 最近一次是在大约一年前 |
[03:29] | We got to get there quick. | 我们必须速度赶过去 |
[03:30] | I followed him to the barbershop | 我跟踪他到了理发店 |
[03:32] | and he doesn’t have a lot of hair. | 他的头发可不多 分分钟就剪完了 |
[03:35] | Someone gonna spin, or what? | 轮到谁转了啊 |
[03:39] | There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[03:41] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[03:44] | You see him? | 看见了吗 |
[03:45] | No. The Hair-monizers are in the way. | 没 被洗剪吹合唱团挡住了 |
[03:47] | They look like they sound great. | 他们看上去唱得很欢乐 |
[03:50] | Hey! Cookie Man is in there, too! | 快看 饼干男也在 |
[03:52] | Which one? | 哪个 |
[03:53] | The guy by the window getting a shave. | 窗户旁边正刮胡子的那个 |
[03:55] | But… the guy by the window getting a shave, that’s deja vu Man! | 但那个就是闪现男啊 |
[04:00] | Then deja vu Man is also Cookie Man! | 所以说闪现男就是饼干男 |
[04:04] | Okay, fine, I’ll bite– | 好吧 我忍不住了 |
[04:04] | – who’s Cookie Man? – Dad’s imaginary friend. | -谁是饼干男 -我爹意淫出来的朋友 |
[04:07] | Cookie Man started coming around years ago | 饼干男好多年前就出现了 |
[04:09] | when Jimmy was little. | 当时吉米还是个小孩 |
[04:10] | He would show up at the park | 他总是出现在公园 |
[04:12] | and share his cookies with us. | 分饼干给我们吃 |
[04:13] | He was always asking about Jimmy. | 还老打听吉米的事 |
[04:14] | He’s a very smart baby. | 这娃可聪明了 |
[04:16] | I think he gets from me. | 我觉得他是遗传到我的优良基因 |
[04:18] | – Are you drinking breast milk? – Yeah. You want some? | -你是在喝母乳吗 -是啊 你想来点吗 |
[04:21] | Uh, no, I’m gonna pass. | 不 我就免了吧 |
[04:25] | Well, that’s an interesting mask. | 那个面具可真有意思 |
[04:27] | Uh, what’s he supposed to be? | 他扮的是谁啊 |
[04:29] | We asked him what he wanted to dress up as for Halloween– | 我们问过他万圣节想装扮成谁 |
[04:32] | he said, “Jimmy.” | 他说 吉米 |
[04:34] | It’s the only word he knows. | 他只会说这个词 |
[04:35] | – Isn’t that right, boy? – Jimmy. | -对吧 儿子 -吉米 |
[04:38] | Want some more cookies? | 你想再来点饼干吗 |
[04:39] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[04:40] | How old are you? | 你几岁了 |
[04:41] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[04:42] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[04:43] | Cookie! | 饼干 |
[04:45] | Hey! He learned a new word! | 太好了 他学了个新词 |
[04:47] | Told you he was smart. | 我就跟你说他很聪明吧 |
[04:53] | He even showed up last month | 他上个月还刚出现过 |
[04:54] | when I was in the park with Hope. | 当时我正带喜旺在公园玩 |
[04:56] | You know, there’s a lot of strangers | 其实有很多陌生人 |
[04:58] | who hand treats to kids in this town, | 在镇上散发零食给孩子们吃 |
[05:00] | but your cookies are by far the best. | 但目前为止 你的饼干是最美味的 |
[05:02] | Burt, please, I’m not a stranger. | 伯特 我可不是陌生人 |
[05:05] | I’m Cookie Man. | 我是饼干男 |
[05:07] | I’m really sorry, Burt. | 我真的很抱歉 伯特 |
[05:09] | I always thought you made up Cookie Man | 我还以为饼干男是你瞎编出来的呢 |
[05:10] | just to cover for spoiling Jimmy’s dinner. | 帮着吉米不好好吃晚饭找借口 |
[05:12] | I’m sorry, too. I sometimes wondered if deja vu Man | 我也很抱歉 我也常怀疑闪现男 |
[05:16] | was just another one of your crazy conspiracy theories, | 是你那疯狂阴谋论的又一产物 |
[05:18] | like UFOs or Bigfoot | 就像飞碟啦 大脚怪啦 |
[05:20] | or that Delaware doesn’t actually exist. | 或什么特拉华州根本不存在 |
[05:21] | Name one person that’s ever been to Delaware. | 有本事说出一个去过特拉华州的人试试看 |
[05:24] | Did you say that deja vu-slash-Cookie Man | 那个在刮胡子的男人 |
[05:26] | was the one in front getting a shave? | 就是你们说的闪现饼干男 |
[05:28] | – Yeah. Why? – ‘Cause that’s also Super Curious Guy! | -是啊 怎么了 -好奇先生也是他 |
[05:31] | Who’s Super Curious Guy? | 好奇先生是谁啊 |
[05:32] | That would be Jimmy’s imaginary friend. | 那是吉米意淫出来的朋友 |
[05:36] | He is not imaginary. | 他是真实存在的 |
[05:37] | He’s this guy who shows up every now and then on the loading dock | 这人总是时不时会在码头出现 |
[05:40] | and asks me tons of questions. | 跟我问七问八 |
[05:42] | I remember once that he said… | 我记得有一次他说 |
[05:44] | Jimmy! There’s no time! | 吉米 没空听你扯 |
[05:45] | I’m sure you got two or three funny memories you could describe, | 知道你有好些趣事可以说 |
[05:48] | but we need to figure out what to do next. | 但我们现在得先想出下一步对策 |
[05:50] | Ooh! White Morgan Freeman! | 是白人版摩根·弗里曼 |
[05:59] | Oh, my God. | 哦天哪 |
[06:01] | Deja Vu Man, Cookie Man, and Super Curious Guy is also | 闪现男 饼干男 好奇先生居然 |
[06:05] | Roofie Surgeon, who I saw steal my mother’s kidney in 1996. | 还是个外科医生 96年我见他偷了我妈的肾 |
[06:08] | Really? | 此话当真 |
[06:09] | No, I just felt left out. | 姐扯的 姐那时太寂寞 |
[06:11] | Okay, Burt, how should we play this? | 伯特 我们怎么打算 |
[06:12] | You guys, why don’t you just go over there | 你们干啥不直接过去 |
[06:13] | and ask him what’s going on? | 问他到底打的什么主意 |
[06:16] | You make suggestions like that, | 你提得出这种建议 |
[06:18] | you wonder why you get left out? | 还不知道自己当年为啥寂寞 |
[06:19] | Thanks, Sabrina. | 多谢提议 塞布丽娜 |
[06:20] | For all we know, he works for the government | 我们都知道 他是公务员 |
[06:22] | and can lock us all up in Geronimo Bay for the rest of our lives. | 人一个不高兴就能把咱扔杰罗尼莫湾关上一辈子 |
[06:26] | Oh, he’s leaving, we’ve got to follow him, | 他要走了 咱得跟上 |
[06:28] | find out who he works for. | 看看他背后的主子到底是谁 |
[06:29] | Good idea. Good idea. | 高 实在是高 |
[06:31] | Jimmy, do you remember | 吉米 记得我们讨论过 |
[06:32] | how we talked about not letting your parents | 当你爹妈发神经时 |
[06:34] | drag us into something crazy every week? | 我们不能总被卷进去吗 |
[06:36] | Guys, I got to go pick up Hope. | 我得去接喜旺了 |
[06:38] | I am trying to be a responsible parent. | 我这不是在努力做一个负责的爹嘛 |
[06:42] | Oh, crap, he’s getting on his bike. | 糟了 他要蹬上自行车了 |
[06:44] | Should we get the truck, or follow him on foot? | 我们是把卡车开来 还是徒步跟踪 |
[06:49] | Neither. | 都不用 |
[06:55] | I got him. | 我跟着呢 |
[07:05] | I don’t know who this guy is, but he must be loaded. | 我不知道这人的真实身份 但他绝对是个土豪 |
[07:08] | He’s staying at the Three Seasons Motel. | 他住的可是三季汽车旅馆 |
[07:13] | What is he doing in there? | 他到底在搞什么 |
[07:14] | He’s either doing solo charades | 自己出谜自己猜 |
[07:17] | or Tai Chi. | 或者打太极 |
[07:19] | Or both, if the clue is “Tai Chi.” | 如果谜面就是太极的话 那他就是边猜边打 |
[07:21] | I got to be honest, he sounds like an interesting guy. | 咱必须得承认 这人还有点意思 |
[07:23] | I’ll bet he works for the government. | 我觉得他肯定是公务员 |
[07:25] | I just don’t understand | 我不明白 |
[07:26] | why they care so much about what we’re doing. | 他干啥对我们的生活那么感兴趣 |
[07:28] | Well, when I’m bored, I like to look up | 反正哥无聊的时候 |
[07:30] | how to build bombs on the Internet. | 就爱上网看看怎么造炸弹 |
[07:32] | And I was a bit of a firebug in the ’90s. | 九十年代 姐无聊时还爱去放点小火呢 |
[07:34] | Maybe he’s following us for a good reason. | 也许他跟踪我们也是有苦衷的 |
[07:37] | Maybe he’s one of those guys from The Matrix. | 说不定他是黑客帝国里的人 |
[07:39] | Then he could explain The Matrix to me. | 那样他就能跟我说说黑客帝国到底是咋回事了 |
[07:42] | Oh, he’s leaving. | 他要走了 |
[07:44] | All right, here’s our chance– | 机会来了 |
[07:45] | we’re gonna break into his room and find out who he is. | 我们溜进他房间 去查明此人真实身份 |
[07:47] | Sounds like a plan. | 听着挺像回事儿 |
[07:48] | All I’m gonna need is a lighter, | 哥只要一个打火机 |
[07:50] | a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner, | 一瓶洁厕剂 |
[07:51] | and an old-fashioned alarm clock. | 还有一老式闹钟 |
[07:52] | We’ll blow a hole right through his door. | 就能在他门上炸个洞出来 |
[07:54] | Or we could just jimmy it open with the “Do Not Disturb” Sign. | 或者我们可以直接用”请勿打扰”牌直接撬开门 |
[08:03] | Whoa! Fancy. | 真豪华 |
[08:06] | This is the type of room a rock star would O.D. In. | 摇滚明星就得在这种房间里嗑药啊 |
[08:09] | Hey, check this out. | 来试试这个 |
[08:10] | What? What is it? | 咋了 |
[08:12] | The greatest bed ever made. | 全宇宙最销魂的床 |
[08:14] | You got to try this. | 你必须来试试 |
[08:14] | Burt, we can’t. We got to… | 伯特 别这样 我们得 |
[08:17] | Oh, my God. | 我的神哪 |
[08:22] | It’s both firm and soft. | 这床硬度恰好 柔软适度 |
[08:25] | It’s like lying on Santa Claus. | 姐好像都看到天堂了 |
[08:30] | What the hell? | 搞什么飞机 |
[08:34] | It’s, like, my whole life. | 姐的整个人生啊 |
[08:35] | This is creepy. | 这太诡异了 |
[08:37] | Let’s get out of here quick, | 在他回来 |
[08:38] | before he comes back and makes masks out of our faces. | 把我们的脸剥了做面具前 我们快溜 |
[08:42] | Now I got a picture of him. | 现在我也有他的照片了 |
[08:45] | Wow. We both looked really good in that shot. | 哇 这张把我俩都照得不错嘛 |
[08:48] | You’re right. | 那倒是 |
[08:49] | If he doesn’t turn to be a weirdo pervert killer, | 如果他不是变态杀人狂的话 |
[08:51] | we should have him take our Christmas card. | 我们就找他帮拍圣诞卡片照 |
[08:56] | Making a flyer to find out who this guy is was a great idea. | 做传单找出此人真实身份的主意实在太妙 |
[08:59] | Flyers? Did that dopey son of yours wander off again? | 传单 你那傻儿子又走丢了吗 |
[09:03] | No. | 才不是 |
[09:03] | Well, who’s lost, then? | 那是谁走丢了 |
[09:05] | Your crazy old grandmother? | 你家疯奶奶 |
[09:06] | That’s you, Maw Maw. | 那不就是你嘛 曾奶奶 |
[09:09] | Arnold! Get this picture out of my house. | 阿诺德 快把这张照片扔出去 |
[09:12] | You know who this is? | 你认识这人 |
[09:13] | Yeah. That’s the bastard who knocked my daughter up. | 认识 这混小子睡了我女儿 |
[09:16] | So the guy who knocked up your daughter… would be… | 睡了你女儿的混蛋 那不就是 |
[09:21] | – My father?! – No. Wait. | -我爹 -等等我想想 |
[09:27] | Your father! | 就是你爹 |
[09:29] | 如果你认识此人 请拨555-0137 | |
[09:34] | I knew this no-good, disgusting excuse for a man was trouble | 我第一眼看到这个恶心男人的时候 |
[09:37] | the minute I laid eyes on him. | 就知道肯定没好事 |
[09:39] | But he’s my father. | 但他是我爹啊 |
[09:41] | Paw Paw was your father. | 爷爷就是你爹 |
[09:42] | Arnold’s just an immoral, horrible person. | 阿诺德只是个道德沦丧的混蛋 |
[09:45] | You don’t want to associate with people like that. | 你不会想和那种人扯上关系的 |
[09:46] | So you just made up a story about Virginia’s father dying | 所以你就编了个维吉尼亚她爹 |
[09:49] | in a horse racing accident? | 死在马赛中的故事 |
[09:50] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么要这么做啊 |
[09:51] | Because you wanted a pony and a father, | 因为那时你想要一匹小马和一个爸爸 |
[09:54] | and it solved two problems at once. | 这不是一石二鸟嘛 |
[09:58] | Well… guess we’d better go meet your dad. | 我们还是去找你爹吧 |
[10:01] | No way. If he wanted to be a part of my life, | 不去 如果他想走进我生活的话 |
[10:04] | he had plenty of chances to talk to me. | 他多得是机会来找我 |
[10:06] | But I think you’re gonna need some of that… | 我觉得你需要点菲尔医生总爱说的 |
[10:09] | emotional stuff Dr. Phil’s always talking about. | 那什么感情什么东西 |
[10:11] | The… “You can’t fix a flat tire with a red-handled hairbrush.” | 就是 你不能用红柄梳子修轮胎 |
[10:16] | Nah, that’s not it. | 不是这句 |
[10:17] | Ma! Dad! | 爹 妈 |
[10:18] | Check out the moves I just taught Hope | 快看看我刚为父女舞会 |
[10:20] | for the father-daughter dance! | 教给喜旺的舞步 |
[10:24] | Oh, come on, Jimmy. | 得了吧 吉米 |
[10:26] | How is she supposed to ever learn to dance on her own? | 这样下去她什么时候才能学会自己跳舞 |
[10:28] | What the hell kind of father smothers his daughter like that? | 压抑小孩才能 这是哪门子的爹啊 |
[10:31] | Virginia, you’re obviously upset. | 维吉尼亚 你心情不好 |
[10:33] | “I don’t always drink beer, but when I do…” | 哥一般不喝啤酒 但一喝起来 |
[10:37] | Nah, that’s not Dr. Phil. | 不 这也不是菲尔医生说的 |
[10:39] | And for God’s sake, you’re letting all the bugs in. Close the door. | 拜托 顺手关门好吗 虫子都飞进来了 |
[10:42] | Closure– that’s it! | 了断[关闭] 就是这个了 |
[10:44] | You got to go meet your dad for closure. | 你得去见见你爹 做个了断 |
[10:46] | Fine, I’ll go. | 好吧 我去 |
[10:48] | But it’s not because I trust Dr. Phil. | 但那可不是因为我信菲尔医生 |
[10:50] | It’s ’cause that closure thing | 只是在《实习医生格蕾》里 |
[10:52] | always seems to work on Grey’s Anatomy. | 这套理论似乎还挺管用 |
[10:57] | Oh, my hand’s shaking. | 我手都开始抖了 |
[10:59] | I haven’t been this nervous since Jimmy was born. | 自从吉米出生后 我好久都没这么紧张过了 |
[11:02] | At least I had cigarettes to get me through that. | 至少生吉米时我还能抽烟缓和一下 |
[11:04] | Don’t be nervous. | 放松放松 |
[11:05] | Just picture your dad in his underwear. | 想象一下你爹只穿内裤的样子 |
[11:07] | Burt, I’ve never met the man. | 伯特 关键是我不认识他 |
[11:08] | I don’t know what sort of underwear he wears. | 不知道他穿啥样的内裤啊 |
[11:13] | No, I’m sorry, no, uh… | 不好意思 |
[11:14] | no housekeeping or lawn care today. | 我今天不需要家政服务 也不用修理草坪 |
[11:16] | Assuming that’s what you do. | 一看就知道你们是干这行的 |
[11:19] | Cut the crap. I know who you are | 少废话 别以为我不知道你是谁 |
[11:21] | and I know what you’ve been doing all these years, | 我还知道你这么多年来干的那些鬼事 |
[11:24] | and it needs to stop. | 赶紧给我收手 |
[11:25] | – Stay away from my family… – Okay. | -离我家人远点 -好 |
[11:27] | …and delete all those creepy pictures of us. | 把偷拍我们的照片删干净 |
[11:29] | And then I want you to go away | 然后有多远滚多远 |
[11:31] | and never come near us again. | 别再阴魂不散了 |
[11:34] | Right after you tell me | 不过你先告诉我 |
[11:35] | what possible reason a person could have | 为什么一个人能够 |
[11:37] | to abandon his precious baby girl. | 如此狠心抛弃自己年幼的宝贝女儿 |
[11:41] | I’m gay. | 因为我是基佬 |
[11:44] | I’m confused. | 我晕 |
[11:46] | So was I, back then. | 我当年就是同性恋了 |
[11:48] | You see, it all started backstage | 一切都发生在后台 |
[11:49] | after a dinner theater performance of Pippin. | 那晚在餐厅剧院有一场《皮蓬》 |
[11:51] | I played Pippin, | 我演皮蓬 |
[11:52] | local critic said I was “mesmerizing.” | 当地的评论家都盛赞我的表演可谓精彩绝伦 |
[11:55] | After the cast party, | 庆功宴后 |
[11:56] | your mom, me, and a bottle of apple wine– | 一瓶苹果酒把我和你妈都给放倒了 |
[11:59] | we, made our way into the prop closet. | 于是我们晕头转向地进了道具室 |
[12:03] | Virginia, that’s probably where you get | 维吉妮亚 这也许可以解释 |
[12:04] | your love of fruit-based alcohol. | 为什么你这么喜欢喝果酒 |
[12:06] | Pretending to enjoy sex with a woman | 假装非常享受与那姑娘滚床单 |
[12:09] | was perhaps my second great performance that evening. | 是我那晚的第二场精彩演出 |
[12:12] | Your mom got pregnant, | 一不小心就当上爹了 |
[12:14] | and I got… | 而我 |
[12:15] | I got the guts to admit that I am gay. | 我大大方方地出了柜 |
[12:18] | I wanted to stay, | 我也不想走 |
[12:20] | but no, the-the people of Natesville in 1973, | 但1973年的纳什维尔 |
[12:23] | they did not want to be associated with, “my kind.” | 没有我的容身之地 |
[12:27] | That’s what Maw Maw was talking about. | 这就是曾奶奶生气的原因 |
[12:30] | She hates you. | 她恨死你了 |
[12:31] | Yeah, Paw Paw wasn’t so thrilled either. | 是啊 曾爷爷也不怎么高兴 |
[12:34] | You ever tried dodging buckshot | 你有没有尝过穿着羊绒喇叭裤 |
[12:35] | in cashmere bell-bottoms? | 躲避大铅弹的滋味 |
[12:36] | I can only imagine. | 想想都痛苦 |
[12:38] | I did it in jean shorts and that wasn’t easy. | 我曾穿着牛仔短裤尝试过 已经很不易了 |
[12:40] | I am so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[12:42] | It wasn’t your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[12:44] | Was my fault. | 是我不好 |
[12:46] | I didn’t want you to grow up | 我不希望你在成长的过程中 |
[12:47] | with the stigma of having a gay father. | 总是被人嘲笑有一个基佬爸爸 |
[12:50] | I can only hope you’ll forgive me. | 我只能请求你的原谅 |
[12:52] | Daddy! | 爹地 |
[12:53] | Once my mom understood why her dad had left, | 当老妈弄清楚 她爸当年为何要离开后 |
[12:55] | it was hard to stay mad at him. | 她就没法再对他生气了 |
[12:57] | And they both wanted to make up for lost time | 他们也都想追回 |
[12:59] | doing all those father-daughter things they missed out on. | 曾经错过的父女时光 |
[13:05] | Vos mamelons sont comme des roues de Brie. | 你的奶子就和布里的车轮一样大[法语] |
[13:09] | He said… | 他说… |
[13:13] | What’d he say? | 他说了啥 |
[13:35] | I was really looking forward to taco night. | 我还指望今晚能吃上墨西哥肉卷呢 |
[13:37] | Oh, come on, Burt. | 别这样 伯特 |
[13:38] | Your palate is so pedestrian. | 你的味蕾也太单调了 |
[13:39] | Why don’t you try something new? | 何不尝试点新鲜事物呢 |
[13:41] | Sushi is the taco of the Far East. | 寿司不就是远东的墨西哥卷 |
[13:43] | Now, look. | 你看啊 |
[13:46] | You’ve got your protein, | 这里面富含蛋白质 |
[13:48] | you’ve got your rice, | 和碳水化合物 |
[13:49] | and instead of a corn tortilla, | 都用不着玉米饼 |
[13:52] | it’s all wrapped | 光一片海苔 |
[13:53] | in a delicious piece of mori. | 便将美味与营养尽裹 |
[13:55] | If you ignore-i what it’s made of, it tastes p pretty good. | 如果忽略它的制作食材的话 那就好吃多了 |
[14:01] | How is that sea urchin, Burt? | 海胆怎么样 伯特 |
[14:05] | It’s like the ocean sneezed in my mouth. | 就好像大海在我嘴里打了个喷嚏 |
[14:08] | You know, all those years I’ve been following you guys around with a camera, | 这么多年来 我背着相机跟踪你们时 |
[14:12] | and I feel like I’ve just walked | 多么渴望自己能走上来 |
[14:14] | right into the picture. | 成为那画面中的一份子 |
[14:16] | You know, we should have a family photo. | 我们应该拍张全家福 |
[14:17] | – I love family photos. – With a theme. | -我最爱拍全家福了 -必须有主题 |
[14:20] | I love family photos with themes! | 带主题的全家福什么的最喜欢了 |
[14:26] | This is amazing. | 太棒了 |
[14:27] | I love costumes. | 我最爱角色扮演了 |
[14:28] | Oh, boy, do I have a parade | 亲爱的 我是否有幸 |
[14:30] | to take you to next summer. | 将你永远留在这一刻 |
[14:31] | This is gonna be the best family photo ever. | 这肯定会是有史以来最漂亮的全家福 |
[14:34] | Virginia, I gotta talk to you. | 维吉妮亚 我得和你谈谈 |
[14:38] | Isn’t this the cat’s pajamas? | 超适合我的是不是 |
[14:39] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[14:40] | But only because I think cat’s pajamas are stupid. | 你就把自己的快乐建立在别人的丑态上 |
[14:43] | I look like an idiot | 你爸爸给我挑的这身 |
[14:43] | in this thing your dad picked out. | 穿起来就像个白痴 |
[14:45] | Oh, come on, Burt. | 别这样 伯特 |
[14:46] | This is fun. | 多好玩啊 |
[14:48] | No, it’s not fun. | 不 不好玩 |
[14:49] | Nothing’s been fun since Arnold showed up. | 阿诺德一来就没什么好事 |
[14:51] | Are you jealous | 你是在吃醋吗 |
[14:52] | because I’m spending time with my dad? | 就因为我总是和爸爸在一起 |
[14:54] | No. But I just know that | 不是 但我知道 |
[14:55] | he doesn’t like the way I act | 他看不惯我的行为作风 |
[14:57] | or what I say or what I like to eat. | 话不投机 饭也吃不到一块儿 |
[14:59] | He doesn’t like anything about me. | 他对我简直百般挑剔 |
[15:00] | So what do you want me to do? | 那你希望我怎么做 |
[15:02] | He’s my father. | 他是我爸爸啊 |
[15:03] | Am I supposed to not see him anymore? | 我以后都不能见他了吗 |
[15:05] | I didn’t say that. | 我不是这个意思 |
[15:06] | I just would like him to go away and never come back. | 我只是希望他能离开 再也不要出现 |
[15:10] | He makes me uncomfortable, Virginia. | 他让我觉得很不舒服 维吉妮亚 |
[15:11] | He’s just too different than us. | 他跟我们不是一类人 |
[15:14] | Wish I could say I was surprised | 听到这里的人 |
[15:15] | to hear that kind of intolerance | 说出这样的话 |
[15:17] | from someone in this town. | 还真是意料之中 |
[15:20] | He’s right behind me, isn’t he? | 他就在我身后 是不是 |
[15:22] | Burt, that only works if he hasn’t said anything. | 伯特 这话要在人家还没开口之前就问 |
[15:28] | Sorry to be so different from you, Burt. | 很抱歉我跟你不是一类人 伯特 |
[15:30] | Obviously your husband doesn’t approve of my lifestyle. | 显然你老公不赞同我的生活方式 |
[15:33] | No, no. Honestly, I didn’t mean that. | 不 不 那不是我的真实想法 |
[15:36] | It’s just that everything you like to do | 只是你喜欢的一切 |
[15:38] | makes me uncomfortable or sick. | 让我觉得难受不适 |
[15:40] | Trying to be a part of your life was clearly a mistake. | 看来想要融入你的生活是大错特错了 |
[15:43] | I’m not one for melodrama, so… | 我不适合演情景喜剧 |
[15:46] | good-bye forever. | 永别了 |
[15:48] | Burt… | 伯特 |
[15:50] | I just got my dad back, | 我们刚刚父女重聚 |
[15:51] | and now you drove him away. | 你就把他赶走了 |
[15:53] | I can fix this. | 我能处理好的 |
[15:54] | Like when I broke your favorite mug. | 还记得那次我打碎了你最爱的茶杯吗 |
[15:55] | The mug that makes me dizzy every time I drink from it? | 就是那个每次喝水 我都会头晕目眩的茶杯吗 |
[15:58] | Good point. | 没错 |
[15:59] | I promise I will not use the same toxic glue | 我保证 这次绝不用劣质有毒胶水 |
[16:01] | to fix your dad. | 来修复我和你爸爸的关系 |
[16:05] | Dad felt so bad about what happened with Grandpa Arnold | 老爸因为阿诺德外公的事很内疚 |
[16:08] | that he not only posed for the family picture, | 所以他不仅在全家福中出镜凹造型 |
[16:10] | he decided to throw a party | 还决定为此举办一个聚会 |
[16:11] | so the rest of Natesville could welcome Arnold home. | 让纳什维尔的其他人都来欢迎阿诺德回家 |
[16:13] | For he’s a jolly gay fellow | 他是个快乐的基佬 |
[16:15] | For he’s a jolly gay fellow… | 他是个开心的基佬 |
[16:19] | I forgive you, Natesville. | 我原谅你们 纳什维尔人民 |
[16:20] | Which nobody can deny. | 这点毋庸置疑 |
[16:22] | And then I left a… a tenured position | 后来我舍弃了终身职位 |
[16:27] | to become a freelance ethnomusicologist. | 转而去做一名自由人种音乐学家 |
[16:30] | I once saw a man in a small African village | 我曾在非洲的村落里见过一个男人 |
[16:33] | who could perform an entire symphony | 单凭一个石头和人的牙齿 |
[16:35] | using nothing but a rock and a human tooth. | 就演奏出一首完整的交响曲 |
[16:37] | Ah… Oh! Was it amazing? | 天呐 真是美妙极了 |
[16:39] | Oh, no, it was… it was excruciating. | 不是 听得我想死 |
[16:43] | But you had to admire the effort, right? | 但他的努力确实值得敬佩 是吧 |
[16:45] | He’s been all over the world. Even Canada. | 他周游列国 连加拿大都去过 |
[16:47] | Do your Canadian accent, Dad. | 学一下加拿大口音 老爸 |
[16:49] | Virginia’s my daughter, eh? | 维吉妮亚是我闺女 |
[16:52] | It’s like we’re at a hockey game. | 跟在看现场版冰球赛似的[加拿大人擅打冰球] |
[16:54] | This my birthday or my wake? | 这是在给我过生日 还是守灵呢 |
[16:57] | Go get her back inside. | 把她弄进去 |
[16:57] | I don’t want her to see my father and start gay-bashing. | 我不想让她看到我爸 然后不停地攻击同性恋 |
[17:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:01] | It’s your wake and you’re early. | 给你守灵呢 你来早了 |
[17:03] | Let’s get you back inside. | 咱们进屋吧 |
[17:05] | What the hell is that depraved son of a bitch doing here? | 那个不要脸的混蛋怎么在这 |
[17:08] | He’s my father, | 他是我爸爸 |
[17:09] | and I invited him here. | 是我邀请他来的 |
[17:11] | This is still my house, | 这还是我家 |
[17:12] | and I don’t want that kind of disgusting, | 我不想这种恶心 |
[17:14] | immoral, deviant… | 下流 变态 |
[17:18] | Maw Maw, you can’t say stuff like that anymore. | 曾奶奶 你不能再说这种话了 |
[17:21] | Okay? It’s 2013. | 好吗 都2013年了 |
[17:23] | Damn it, this life is taking forever. | 我靠 老娘也活得忒久了 |
[17:26] | Look… | 听着 |
[17:27] | we all accept my dad for who he is. | 我们都接受了真正的他 |
[17:30] | Nobody in Natesville cares anymore that he’s gay. | 纳什维尔的人已经不介意他是同性恋了 |
[17:34] | He’s gay? | 他是同性恋 |
[17:36] | Well, I don’t have a problem with gays. | 我对同性恋没意见 |
[17:37] | I mean, Jimmy’s gay, and I love him | 吉米就是同性恋 但我依然爱他 |
[17:39] | and his little husband. | 还有他的小老公 |
[17:40] | Oh, that’s the nicest thing she’s ever said to me. | 这是她对我说过的最动听的话了 |
[17:42] | But that guy? | 但那家伙 |
[17:44] | He’s a first-class narcissist. | 他是世界第一自恋狂 |
[17:46] | Oh, “Narcissist.” | 自恋狂 |
[17:47] | I think we know what that’s code for. | 咱们应该都知道这词的意思吧 |
[17:49] | You fall asleep in the middle of sentences? | 你哪个词没听懂 |
[17:51] | He’s a selfish jerk. | 他是个自私的混蛋 |
[17:52] | He doesn’t care about anybody but himself. | 他只关心自己 |
[17:54] | That’s why he left you and your mother. | 这就是他离开你和你妈的原因 |
[17:55] | He didn’t leave. | 他没离开 |
[17:57] | He was run out of town. Right? | 他只是出城了 对吧 |
[17:59] | Well, “Run out of town,” | 对 出城 |
[18:01] | “Made to feel unwelcome, | 就是感觉不受欢迎 |
[18:03] | unappreciated…” Same diff. | 不被赏识 都一样 |
[18:05] | I don’t think it really is the same. | 我觉得不一样 |
[18:06] | That’s easy for you to say. | 说着容易 |
[18:07] | You try being gay and raising a child | 你试试70年代生活在这个小镇 |
[18:10] | in this town in the ’70s. | 当个同性恋还要养个孩子 |
[18:12] | You know, now that you mention it… | 说到这个 |
[18:14] | my lesbian mothers raised me in this town in the ’70s. | 我那一对女同妈妈就是70年代在这把我养大的 |
[18:17] | Sure, one of them had to dress up like a man | 虽然 她俩中的一个得打扮成男人 |
[18:19] | to take me on the father-son canoe trip, | 才带我去参加父子独木舟旅行 |
[18:20] | but they toughed it out. | 但她们都挺过来了 |
[18:22] | It didn’t hurt that she already had a mustache | 不过这都没什么 因为她本来就有小胡子 |
[18:24] | and a closet full of flannels. | 和一柜子的男士衣装 |
[18:25] | Lesbians. | 女同 |
[18:27] | Everybody loves lesbians. | 女同人人爱 |
[18:28] | You could’ve at least written her a letter. | 你至少可以给她写封信嘛 |
[18:31] | Or not even a phone call? | 但你连个电话都没打过 |
[18:32] | They had phones in the ’70s. | 70年代有电话的 |
[18:35] | – Right? – Yep. Right. | -没错吧 -没错 |
[18:36] | The phone company and-and gay people… | 电话公司跟同性恋… |
[18:39] | You’re clearly using your homosexuality as an excuse | 你分明就是拿同性恋做借口 |
[18:43] | to cover up for your refusal to accept your parental responsibilities. | 来掩盖你拒绝承担为人父责任的事实 |
[18:47] | By the way, we haven’t met. | 对了 还没正式介绍 |
[18:49] | I’m Frank. | 我是弗兰克 |
[18:50] | It’s a pleasure. | 幸会 |
[18:51] | Once again, the haters of Natesville | 再说一遍 纳什维尔恨我的人 |
[18:53] | rear their ugly heads. | 都高昂着他们丑恶的头颅 |
[18:54] | You know, you people are very interesting, | 你们这群人真有意思 |
[18:56] | because you don’t seem to be able to change, do you? | 就是不肯悔改 |
[18:58] | Maybe you’re the one who hasn’t changed. | 你才是死不悔改的人吧 |
[19:00] | ‘Cause now that I’m thinking about it, | 因为我想了一下 |
[19:02] | everything that we’ve done this week | 我们这周做的所有事 |
[19:04] | has been something you wanted to do. | 都是按照你的意愿 |
[19:06] | We had that sushi dinner ’cause you wanted it. | 我们按你的意愿吃了寿司 |
[19:08] | You suggested Taco Tuesday. | 你提议星期二吃玉米卷 |
[19:09] | Do you honestly expect me | 你不会真想让我 |
[19:11] | to eat the street food of a migrant people? | 吃移民摆的路边摊吧 |
[19:14] | We went to that French movie ’cause you picked it. | 我们看了你挑的法国电影 |
[19:16] | Already saw the Swedish version. | 瑞典版的爹已经看过了 |
[19:18] | And you insisted | 你还坚持 |
[19:21] | on the theme for our family picture. | 让我们拍那个主题的全家福 |
[19:22] | Because I wanted to share it with my friends. | 因为我想把照片给我的朋友们看 |
[19:26] | Don’t you understand? | 你还不明白吗 |
[19:27] | Do you honestly expect me to show a photo of-of you guys | 你们穿成平常那样拍照 |
[19:30] | dressed the way you normally do? | 你真觉得这种照片拿得出手吗 |
[19:33] | Forgive me for trying | 对不起 我错了 |
[19:33] | to raise you to a higher level. | 我不该让你们显得更有格调 |
[19:38] | I think you should leave… | 你可以再一次 |
[19:41] | again. | 离开了 |
[19:42] | But this time, it’s my choice. | 但这次 是我让你离开的 |
[19:48] | Good-bye forever. | 永别了 |
[19:52] | I’m gonna take this because I look fantastic. | 这个我要带走 因为我照得还挺帅的 |
[20:01] | Sometimes your dad’s not here | 有时候爸爸不在你身旁 |
[20:03] | Sometimes your dad’s a big selfish… | 有时候你爸是个自私的大… |
[20:05] | Quit it, Shelley. | 歇了吧 雪莉 |
[20:09] | Dad invited everyone over that night to meet Mom’s father. | 那晚我爸邀请所有人来见我妈的爸爸 |
[20:13] | But in the end, it turned out they already knew her father, | 但原来他们早就认识我妈的爸爸了 |
[20:16] | because Paw Paw was Mom’s real dad. | 因为曾爷爷才是我妈的真爸爸 |
[20:28] | I’m sorry your gay father | 真遗憾 |
[20:29] | turned out to be a narcissist. | 你的基爹原来是个自恋狂魔 |
[20:33] | You okay? | 你还好吧 |
[20:34] | Yeah. | 挺好 |
[20:36] | The truth is, I had a pretty good father figure. | 其实以前我以为爸爸是个好人 |
[20:40] | And I guess it’s good Arnold left when I was a baby. | 所以阿诺德在我小时候就离开也是件好事 |
[20:43] | Think of all the macaroni art I would have wasted on that guy. | 给我省了多少高档通心粉啊 |
[20:46] | Finger-paintings. | 还有手指画 |
[20:47] | – Ashtrays. – Ugly ties. | -烟灰缸 -难看的领带 |
[20:49] | He probably would’ve given me zero stars | 他可能会给 |
[20:51] | on the Father’s Day breakfast I made him. | 我为他做的父亲节早餐打零分 |
[20:55] | And besides… | 而且 |
[20:56] | if I didn’t have some daddy issues, | 如果我正经有个爹 |
[20:58] | I might not have got knocked up at 15. | 我可能不会15岁就被搞大了肚子 |
[21:01] | Then where would I be? | 那样如今的我会是什么样呢 |