时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Almost ready! | 就快好啦 |
[00:04] | Can’t wait! | 等不及啦 |
[00:06] | I am really scared. | 其实我挺怕的 |
[00:07] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[00:08] | My tongue is trembling. | 我舌头都在抖 |
[00:09] | It’s gonna be better than those baby duck liver & snails | 肯定能比上次那个仔鸭肝炖蜗牛要好点 |
[00:13] | Now I know that I has some missfires in the past. | 我知道自己以前失手过几次 |
[00:16] | But this time, I definitely | 但这次 我敢肯定 |
[00:19] | make something that everyone would love: | 大家会喜欢我做的东西 |
[00:22] | pizza! | 披萨 |
[00:23] | Yeah, it should be great. Honey! | 那必须的 肯定很好吃 |
[00:24] | You can’t mess up a pizza. | 披萨肯定不会搞砸了吧 |
[00:26] | Lord knows the Hawaiians really tried. | 她已经尽力了 |
[00:28] | I just add one little ingredient from Iron Chef. | 我加了一点从铁人料理[烹饪节目]学来的配料 |
[00:35] | See if you guys can figure out | 看看你们能不能猜出来 |
[00:36] | what the secret ingredient is. | 那个秘密调味料是什么 |
[00:37] | – Tar? – Fire? | -焦油 -火 |
[00:38] | – Magic marker? – Very close. | -马克笔 -很接近了 |
[00:41] | Squid ink. | 墨鱼汁 |
[00:43] | I think I’d rather eat the marker. | 我更愿意吃马克笔 |
[00:45] | I know that the coloring’s a little bit odd, | 我知道那颜色看着是有点奇怪 |
[00:46] | but the judges on iron chef said | 但是铁人料理的评委说 |
[00:48] | that everything tastes better with squid ink. | 任何东西加上墨鱼汁都会变得更美味 |
[00:50] | Be sure to save a little bit of room | 别吃太饱了 |
[00:52] | Because there’s squid ink apple pie in the freezer. | 冰箱里还有一个墨鱼汁苹果派 |
[00:55] | Don’t you worry. We are definitely gonna save room. | 别担心 我们肯定不会吃饱 |
[00:58] | How’s it taste, maw maw? | 味道怎么样 奶奶 |
[00:59] | I have no idea. | 我吃不出来 |
[01:01] | My taste buds have been dead for years. | 我的味蕾已经坏了好几年了 |
[01:04] | At this point, it’s all about keeping the trains running on time. | 现在 吃东西对我来说只是过过肠道而已 |
[01:08] | See ya tomorrow, Mr. pizza. | 明天见 披萨先生 |
[01:17] | These flowers smell delicious, Sabrina. | 这些花好香啊 塞布丽娜 |
[01:20] | Burt, smell these. | 伯特 你闻闻 |
[01:22] | Mmm! Nothing smells better than fresh-cut flowers. | 没什么比刚摘的花更香的了 |
[01:26] | I struck out again, didn’t I? | 我又搞砸了 对吧 |
[01:29] | You’re family, and we love you, | 我们是一家人 我们爱你 |
[01:31] | But your food experiments are sometimes just… | 但你的烹饪试验有时 |
[01:35] | a little hoity-toilety. | 有点浮夸恶心 |
[01:37] | You know what, you guys? | 我跟你们说 |
[01:38] | I just think you’re being | 我只是觉得你们的观念 |
[01:39] | a little bit closed-minded about this. | 有点太保守了 |
[01:41] | I think you hear the word squid ink | 我觉得你们听到墨鱼汁这个词 |
[01:43] | and you just assume that somehow… | 就会觉得 |
[01:48] | That tastes like a fish had a baby | 这尝起来就像一条鱼刚和打印机大干了一场 |
[01:49] | with a copy machine in my mouth. | 又在我嘴里产卵似的 |
[01:51] | I don’t know what you guys are talking about. | 我不知道你们在说什么 |
[01:53] | I don’t think this is really that bad. | 但我不觉得这有那么难吃 |
[01:58] | Oh, sure, Jimmy gets black all over his face, | 当然 吉米满嘴都是黑的 |
[02:01] | everybody laughs. | 然后大家都笑了 |
[02:02] | I do it for Halloween, and it’s a town incident. | 我万圣节时会这么干 在小镇上都成新闻啦 |
[02:16] | – Oh, hey, Virginia. – Oh, wow, what’s all that for? | -嘿 维吉妮亚 -车里这些都是干嘛的 |
[02:19] | Oh, I’m making angel hair pasta and hot dogs for dinner, mm-hmm. | 我晚饭准备做意大利天使面配热狗 |
[02:22] | I call it my “hair of the dogs.” It’s one of Burt’s favorites. | 我称这道菜为”狗毛面” 伯特最爱这道菜 |
[02:25] | Yeah, I totally love that. | 我非常喜欢这道菜 |
[02:27] | I tried that once for a dinner party, but instead of hot dogs, | 我在晚宴上试过一次 但没用热狗 |
[02:29] | I got fancy and I used clams. | 自己发挥了一下 用蛤代替了 |
[02:31] | Tell me you didn’t call it “Hair of the clam.” | 别告诉我你叫它”蛤毛面”了 |
[02:33] | Yeah, I didn’t really think it through very well. | 我真没想到那菜还挺受欢迎 |
[02:35] | You shouldn’t start out | 你不该老是 |
[02:36] | all fancy schmancy with that stuff you only see on TV. | 搞那些电视上花哨的菜肴 |
[02:39] | Yeah, it’s just like I’m flying blind here, you know? | 对 我太盲目了 |
[02:42] | Growing up, the only thing I ever saw my mother serve | 从小到大 在厨房里能看到的只有 |
[02:43] | my father in the kitchen were divorce papers. | 我妈给我爸准备离婚文件而已 |
[02:47] | Growing up, the only thing that I ever saw | 从小到大 我在厨房里看到 |
[02:48] | get baked in the kitchen was my mother. | 唯一被烤的东西就是我妈[吸过量大麻] |
[02:50] | Growing up, the only thing I ever say my mother do | 从小到大 我在厨房里看到 |
[02:52] | in the kitchen was the pool boy. | 唯一妈妈在干的就是那个泳池救生员 |
[02:54] | – Growing up… – Sabrina… -Yeah? | -从小到大 -塞布丽娜 -嗯 |
[02:55] | …do you want me to give you some cooking lessons? | 想要我给你上点烹饪课吗 |
[02:57] | -Oh, my god, yeah. – Okay. | – 天呐 当然想 – 就这么定了 |
[03:07] | Who the hell did that? | 谁他妈干的 |
[03:13] | We should all be proud of our Sabrina. | 我们都应该为塞布丽娜感到骄傲 |
[03:16] | We practiced all yesterday, | 我们昨天练了一整天 |
[03:18] | and this is her first solo | 这是她第一次独立 |
[03:20] | attempt at my “Ashes to mashes, dust to crust” Casserole. | 尝试做我的”变废为宝”大炖菜 |
[03:23] | And it is almost your recipe. | 这基本上都是按照你的菜谱来的 |
[03:25] | I just had to make one little change. | 我只改了一点点 |
[03:27] | Oh… you made a change? | 啊 你改了菜谱 |
[03:29] | Yeah, I know I’m supposed to add the chip droppings, but I… | 对 我知道我应该撒碎薯片 但是 |
[03:31] | Dust. It’s in the title. | 应该是碎薯粉 菜名上就有 |
[03:33] | You use the dust in the bottom of the bag. | 你要用薯片袋底部的粉才行 |
[03:36] | Right, but jimmy likes to lick the chip dust out of our chip bags, | 对 但是吉米喜欢舔袋子里的粉 |
[03:39] | so I had to improvise. | 所以我只好即兴发挥 |
[03:40] | Jimmy, please tell me you’re poking holes in those bags | 吉米 告诉我在你舔之前 |
[03:43] | before you lick ’em. | 有在袋子上面戳洞 |
[03:44] | When Burt was younger, he got his head stuck | 伯特年轻的时候 他的头卡在 |
[03:46] | in a party-size bag and almost died. | 超大包装的袋子里面 差点憋死 |
[03:48] | I smelled barbecue and saw a bright light. | 我已经闻到烤肉味还看见一道亮光 |
[03:50] | It was the scariest and most delicious moment of my life. | 那是我一生最惊险但也是最美味的时刻 |
[03:55] | This is delicious. | 味道很好啊 |
[03:56] | Wow. This kinda tastes like food. | 这吃起来总算像食物了 |
[03:59] | I think this is even better than mom’s. | 我觉得这比老妈做的还好吃 |
[04:02] | Really? Better? | 真的 更好吃 |
[04:05] | That’s kind of a strong word, don’t you think? | 这话可说得有点重了吧 |
[04:07] | You know what else is a strong word? Oak. | 你们知道还有什么词是重的吗 橡木 |
[04:09] | Which is what I think this table is made out of. | 我觉得这桌子就是橡木做的 |
[04:12] | Let’s talk about oak for a while. | 我们聊一会橡木吧 |
[04:13] | I gotta try this amazing new recipe. | 我得尝尝这道牛逼的新菜肴 |
[04:17] | Hmm. Different. | 确实不一样 |
[04:19] | I don’t know if I’d say “Better.” | 我不知道该不该说更好 |
[04:20] | Mine did win grand prize | 我那道菜可是 |
[04:21] | at the Natesville hot dish competition, | 在纳什维尔的炖菜大赛上得过特等奖的 |
[04:24] | which is sort of like the Nobel Peace Prize of food. | 那奖算得上是烹饪界的诺贝尔和平奖了 |
[04:27] | Sabrina, this is awesome. | 塞布丽娜 这菜真的很棒 |
[04:29] | I think this is the best casserole I’ve ever had. | 我觉得这是我吃过最好吃的炖菜 |
[04:30] | Maybe it’s cedar. | 也许是雪松做的 |
[04:31] | Cedar seems like a solid table-making wood. | 雪松应该是一种坚固的做桌子用的木材 |
[04:33] | Jimmy, it really is just your mother’s recipe, | 吉米 这真的就是你妈妈的菜谱 |
[04:36] | except for instead of chip dust, | 除了没放薯片碎粉 |
[04:37] | I just ground up some old cereal. | 我只是撒了些磨碎的陈麦粉 |
[04:38] | Oh, is that all you added? Just cereal dust? | 你就加了这些 只有麦粉 |
[04:40] | Whatever she did, it’s amazing. | 不管她加了什么 这菜太好吃了 |
[04:43] | And I can’t even imagine how good | 我真没法想象 |
[04:44] | it’s gonna taste when I don’t have gum in my mouth. | 如果我嘴里没口香糖的话 味道会有多好 |
[04:49] | No, it says right here, “Pine.” | 不 这写着呢 “松木制” |
[04:52] | Boy, do I feel stupid. | 各位 我看起来傻吧 |
[04:57] | See? I told you I could carry you all the way from home. | 看吧 跟你说我能把你从家背到这里 |
[04:59] | That was fun. We should do that more often. | 真有趣 我们以后应该多玩几次 |
[05:02] | Save a ton of money on gas. | 省点汽油钱 |
[05:03] | Well, start carbo-loading ’cause you’re my ride home. | 好 赶紧发动吧 轮到你背我回家了 |
[05:05] | Hey, guess who I signed up for the hot dish competition? | 猜猜我给谁报名参加炖菜大赛了 |
[05:08] | Is it Michael Hunt? | 是迈克尔·亨特[足球队员]吗 |
[05:09] | Because they’re on to that joke. | 那还挺好笑的 |
[05:09] | No, no, no. I signed Sabrina up. | 不 不 我给塞布丽娜报名了 |
[05:12] | She’s gonna carry on the family tradition. | 她将要继承我们家族的优良传统 |
[05:14] | Oak tree, ten o’clock. | 橡树哎 十点钟方向 |
[05:17] | Burt, that’s a cardboard tree with elves making cookies. | 伯特 那是做饼干的小精灵围绕着的纸板树 |
[05:20] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[05:26] | Barney, I’m coming out of retirement. Sign me up. | 巴尼 我重出江湖了 给我报名 |
[05:28] | Oh, my. This is like when Rocky | 妈呀 这不就跟洛奇 |
[05:31] | came out of retirement | 在《洛奇》第三四五六部里 |
[05:31] | in Rocky iii, Rocky iv,Rocky v and Rocky Balboa. | 重出江湖是一样样的嘛 |
[05:35] | Technically, he didn’t really come out | 严格来说 他在第五部里 |
[05:36] | of retirement in Rocky v. | 并没有重出江湖 |
[05:37] | It was an unsanctioned street fight. | 只不过打了一场不正式的街战 |
[05:39] | But I appreciate your excitement. | 但你的激情还是打动了我 |
[05:49] | Mmm. Okay, that was interesting. | 很有意思 |
[05:52] | Moist, chewy. | 水润有嚼劲 |
[05:55] | I don’t want to say soapy, but it had a quality to it. | 我不想说像肥皂 但确实有点那个意思 |
[05:58] | Burt, you just took a bite out of a sponge I left on the table. | 伯特 你咬的是我留在桌上的海绵 |
[06:02] | Hmm, better than I would have thought. | 比我想象得要好 |
[06:03] | Here, let me feed these to you. | 我来喂你吧 |
[06:06] | I made three casseroles. | 我做了三道炖菜 |
[06:08] | Each one has a different new ingredient. | 每道里都有一种新的食材 |
[06:10] | You have to tell me which is the best one. | 你得告诉我哪道菜最好吃 |
[06:14] | Oh, this one’s unbelievable. | 这道太赞了 |
[06:15] | I don’t think I’d call it a casserole. | 炖菜都不足以形容它了 |
[06:17] | I’d call it a kick-ass-erole. What’s the new ingredient? | 得叫它吊炸天 放的新食材是什么 |
[06:20] | Oh, that’s a secret. | 秘密 |
[06:21] | If I learned one thing from Paula Deen, | 如果说我从保拉·迪恩[美国名厨]那学了什么 |
[06:23] | it’s to keep my mouth shut. | 那就是学会保密 |
[06:25] | You know, I was thinking we should get away next weekend. | 我们还是下礼拜就走吧 |
[06:27] | I’ve always wondered what the big fuss was about Des Moines. | 我好想知道得梅因[爱荷华州首府]出了啥乱子 |
[06:29] | Are you crazy? The hot dish competition is this weekend. | 你脑抽吗 炖菜大赛就这个周末啊 |
[06:32] | Oh, you know what? | 噢 这个啊 |
[06:33] | You’re right. You’re gonna have to drop out of that. | 可不是嘛 你还是退赛吧 |
[06:35] | Hey, let’s see what the weather is in Des Moines. | 咱来瞅瞅得梅因的天气怎么样 |
[06:38] | You’re being weird. I’m starting | 你不对劲啊 我开始怀疑 |
[06:39] | to think you don’t want me to be in this contest. | 你是不是不希望我参加比赛 |
[06:41] | Let’s see, weather for Iowa this weekend is thundersnow. | 看看 爱荷华这周末有雷暴雪 |
[06:47] | That should be interesting. | 应该很好玩 |
[06:48] | – Burt. – I’m behind you, Virginia. | -伯特 -我是你坚强的后盾 维吉妮亚 |
[06:50] | If you don’t want to be in this contest, | 要是你不想参加这个比赛 |
[06:52] | don’t be in this contest. | 就别勉强了 |
[06:53] | I never said that! | 我从没说不想参加比赛 |
[06:54] | Virginia, why didn’t you tell me you were signing up | 维吉妮亚 你怎么没告诉我 |
[06:56] | for the hot dish competition? | 你报名参加炖菜大赛了 |
[06:58] | If you’re in it, then I’m just gonna drop out. | 如果你参加 那我就退出 |
[06:59] | Okay, than that’s settled. Who wants to watch RoboCop? | 好 就这么定了 谁要看《机械战警》 |
[07:02] | Nothing is settled. | 定什么啊 |
[07:03] | Sabrina, you’re not dropping out of the contest. | 塞布丽娜 你不能退赛 |
[07:05] | But don’t you think it’s gonna be a little bit weird | 但你不觉得咱俩对决 |
[07:07] | if we’re both going up against each other? | 这种画面有点尴尬吗 |
[07:10] | No! This isn’t about trying to win, | 完全不会啊 参加比赛不是为了夺冠 |
[07:13] | it’s about community and | 是为了社区和谐 |
[07:14] | everyone gets to taste each other’s food. | 让大家品尝对方的菜肴 |
[07:17] | It’s just for fun. | 就图个乐呵嘛 |
[07:18] | Like the Super Bowl. | 跟超级碗[美国橄榄球决赛]一样 |
[07:19] | Okay, if you really don’t mind, then I’ll do it. | 好吧 既然你不介意 我也无所谓啦 |
[07:23] | But here’s the good news, | 好消息是 |
[07:24] | I’m really not very competitive, so… | 我也没那么好强 所以 |
[07:26] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[07:27] | I’m, like, a hundred times less competitive than you. | 我没你那么要强啦 |
[07:40] | What? | 想怎样 |
[07:41] | What? I didn’t say anything. | 什么 我没说话啊 |
[07:43] | I know you, Burt. | 我太了解你 伯特 |
[07:44] | You only fake read when something’s bothering you. | 你心里有事的时候才会假装读书 |
[07:47] | I’m not fake reading. | 我没有假装读书 |
[07:48] | I’m actually interested in… debt ceilings. | 我确实对债务上限[天花板]很感兴趣 |
[07:51] | You think we should get one of those? | 我们要不要也搞一个试试 |
[07:52] | We are not gonna buy a ceiling that puts us into debt. | 我才不要买会害我们负债的天花板 |
[07:54] | Now tell me what is really bothering you, | 老实告诉我你在烦些什么吧 |
[07:58] | or it’s torture-tickle time. | 否则痒痒刑伺候 |
[08:00] | Virginia, you’re not gonna be able to… | 维吉妮亚 你不可能 |
[08:02] | It’s nothing, really! I was just wondering | 真的没啥事 我只是好奇 |
[08:04] | why you want to beat Sabrina so bad! | 为什么你这么想打败塞布丽娜 |
[08:07] | I don’t need to beat her. | 我才不想打败她 |
[08:09] | Tickle torture works both ways. | 痒痒刑伺候 |
[08:11] | – No! No! – Why?! Why?! Why?! | -不要不要 -为什么为什么 |
[08:13] | Okay, fine! | 好 我说 |
[08:15] | When Jimmy said he liked her casserole better than mine, | 吉米说他更喜欢塞布丽娜的炖菜 |
[08:18] | a little piece of my heart broke. | 我听到后 小心脏都碎成饺子馅了 |
[08:20] | I didn’t hear him say that. | 我没听到他这么说啊 |
[08:21] | Yes, you did. | 你听到了 |
[08:22] | Then you changed the subject, started talking about oak. | 然后你转移话题 讨论什么橡树 |
[08:25] | Oh, the oak tree. The sturdiest of the hardwoods. | 橡树啊 硬木之首 |
[08:27] | Brother of the maple. King of the forest. | 枫树之兄 森林之王 |
[08:29] | See? You’re trying to change the subject again. | 看吧 你又想转移话题 |
[08:32] | Look, I know I wasn’t the perfect mom, | 我知道我不是个完美的老妈 |
[08:36] | but the one thing I always got right was cooking. | 但有一样绝对难不倒我 那就是做饭 |
[08:39] | Mommy, I tried to steal | 妈咪 我又想偷 |
[08:41] | the mouse’s peanut butter again. | 老鼠的花生酱来着 |
[08:44] | I know what’ll make you feel better. | 我知道怎么抚慰你 |
[08:46] | Some of mommy’s hot dog and macaroni casserole | 尝尝妈咪的热狗通心粉 |
[08:50] | with spray cheese. | 浇奶酪 |
[08:56] | Mom, I attacked this door because | 老妈 我把门砸了 |
[08:58] | Emily Wilson won’t go to the prom with me. | 因为艾米丽·威尔逊不跟我参加毕业舞会 |
[09:00] | Oh, honey, you don’t want to date a muffin top. | 宝贝 跟腰上有游泳圈的姑娘约会有什么意思 |
[09:02] | date约会/海枣 muffin top松饼上的饰物/腰部赘肉 | |
[09:04] | You want a muffin topped with dates. | 点缀着海枣的松饼才好呢 |
[09:07] | They’re a lot sweeter than Emily | 这比艾米丽甜多了 |
[09:09] | and they’re not pregnant with the gym teacher’s baby. | 还不会被体育老师的儿子搞大肚子 |
[09:12] | Bradley Wong did it to me again. | 布莱德利又把我坑了 |
[09:13] | He can’t have playdates with Hope anymore. | 再也不让他跟喜旺玩了 |
[09:15] | Aw, honey, sit down. I made corn on the cobbler. | 宝贝 坐下 给你做了玉米水果脆 |
[09:19] | My cooking was always there for Jimmy. | 天塌下来也有我的菜给吉米顶着 |
[09:22] | But now I’m afraid he’s not gonna be there | 但现在我担心他再也不需要 |
[09:24] | for my cooking anymore. | 我的菜了 |
[09:26] | Well, Jimmy’s still gonna love your cooking. | 吉米还会很爱你的菜的 |
[09:28] | What does it matter what a couple of judges think? | 几个评委的意见能起什么作用 |
[09:30] | Because once I win that contest, | 一旦我赢了比赛 |
[09:32] | Jimmy’s gonna remember how happy my food makes him. | 吉米就会记起我的食物给他带来多大的快乐 |
[09:35] | I just want Jimmy to be happy. | 我只希望他能快乐 |
[09:37] | Why didn’t you say so? | 你怎么不直接说呢 |
[09:39] | All I want is for Jimmy to be happy, too. | 我也是这么想的 只要他快乐就够了 |
[09:44] | – Are you crazy?! – What was that for? | -你抽风吗 -干嘛打我 |
[09:46] | Why would you tell Sabrina you like her cooking better | 为什么要在你妈面前说 |
[09:48] | than your mom’s in front of your mom?! | 你更喜欢塞布丽娜烧的菜 |
[09:49] | I was just being honest. Ah! Could you stop doing that? | 我只是实话实说 能别扇我了吗 |
[09:52] | I’m sorry, but you keep opening your mouth | 对不起 谁让你张嘴不歇 |
[09:54] | and stupid stuff keeps coming out. | 蠢话不断 |
[09:55] | Okay, signing Sabrina up | 我知道了 让塞布丽娜参加比赛 |
[09:58] | for the competition was a dumb idea. | 这个主意烂透了 |
[10:01] | I’m sorry. Ah! | 我道歉 |
[10:03] | Never apologize to a man who’s slapped you. | 永远别向扇你巴掌的人道歉 |
[10:12] | What are you doing? | 你干嘛呢 |
[10:13] | You know that carny with the milk bottle booth? | 你知道那个带奶瓶棚的演艺团吧 |
[10:15] | He takes my money every year, but this time | 他每年都骗走我的钱 但这次 |
[10:18] | I’m walking away with that stuffed giraffe. | 我一定带着那只毛绒长颈鹿离开 |
[10:21] | You know, for a woman your age, it seems a little petty | 你这把年纪还迷毛绒长颈鹿 |
[10:23] | and juvenile to obsess over a stuffed giraffe. | 有点低级和幼稚啊 |
[10:26] | This isn’t about the giraffe. | 这跟长颈鹿无关 |
[10:28] | It’s about good and evil. | 这是正邪之争 |
[10:30] | About the triumph of the human spirit. | 这昭示着人类精神的巨大胜利 |
[10:32] | Proving to society that older people have value. | 是向社会证明 老年人也是有价值的 |
[10:36] | – Really? – No. It’s about the giraffe. | -真的吗 -假的 我就是想要长颈鹿 |
[10:38] | I know it’s highly flammable, | 那玩意特别易燃 |
[10:40] | filled with shredded Chinese newspaper, | 肚子里塞的都是中国碎报纸 |
[10:43] | but damn it, I want it. | 可人家就是想要嘛 |
[10:53] | Respect. | 漂亮 |
[10:55] | And that’s coming from the guy | 这份赞美竟然出自一位 |
[10:56] | who has to clean that up. | 不得不为你收拾烂摊子的人 |
[10:58] | I just don’t see any way out of this, Jimmy. | 无路可走了 吉米 |
[11:01] | I know. | 我明白 |
[11:01] | There’s no possible solution. | 完全没办法了 |
[11:04] | It’s like a crossword puzzle. | 就和填字迷一样无解 |
[11:05] | Well, it’s been great spending holidays with you | 和你共度了25年的美好假日 |
[11:08] | these past 25 years. Farewell, son. | 真的很开心 现在永别了 吾儿 |
[11:10] | Too bad there’s not someone good enough to beat the both of them. | 怎么就没有一个能打败她们两人的大神呢 |
[11:14] | That’s exactly what we need. | 这正是我们需要的 |
[11:16] | A ringer! | 一个替罪羊 |
[11:18] | Hello. | 你们好啊 |
[11:19] | Mom, dad. | 爹 娘 |
[11:20] | This out of nowhere visit is wildly unexpected. | 怎么就突然光临寒舍了呢 太意外了 |
[11:27] | When was the last time we saw you two? | 上一次见到你们是什么时候的事了 |
[11:30] | Oh, that’s right. | 对了 |
[11:31] | It was when you lied to Burt about being Jewish | 就是你们骗伯特说他是犹太人那会儿 |
[11:34] | and stole all his bar mitzvah money. | 还偷走了他所有的成人礼份子钱 |
[11:35] | Virginia, dear, | 亲爱的维吉妮亚 |
[11:37] | life’s too short to carry a grudge. | 人世苦短 何必记仇呢 |
[11:39] | Yep, if there’s one thing we’ve learned | 是啊 身为犹太人的那一周 |
[11:41] | the week we were Jews, is “always forget…” | 让我们明白一个道理 那就是要学会忘记 |
[11:43] | and hide your art. | 还要懂得藏拙 |
[11:45] | Oh, Burt, would you help your father | 伯特 能不能帮你爸爸 |
[11:46] | carry the electric mixer in from the car? | 去把车上的电动搅拌机拿来 |
[11:48] | I’ve got to get busy on my hot dish. | 我一会儿得忙活我的炖菜了 |
[11:50] | Wait… | 等等 |
[11:51] | Hot dish? | 炖菜 |
[11:53] | Are you here to enter the competition? | 你是来参加烹饪比赛的吗 |
[11:54] | I’m not here to enter it. | 我可不是随便参与参与 |
[11:56] | I’m here to win it. | 我是带着必胜的信念来的 |
[12:01] | Ow. What was that for? | 干嘛打我 |
[12:03] | That’s for dragging your mother and me into this. | 这巴掌是因为你害得你妈和我搅进这趟浑水 |
[12:06] | Oh, and for scratching my datsun 280z back in 1985. | 还有1985年那会儿 你划了我的车 |
[12:09] | I know you did it. | 我知道是你小子干的 |
[12:13] | You know, two females in the same family | 知道吗 一家两女针锋相对 |
[12:16] | against each only means trouble. | 灾难祸乱不可避免 |
[12:18] | It’s not my fault. Jimmy started the whole thing. | 不能怪我 都是吉米惹出来的 |
[12:21] | – That’s for blame other people. – I’m sorry. | -这下打你推卸责任 -对不起 |
[12:24] | Never apologize to a man who slapped you. | 永远别向扇你巴掌的人道歉 |
[12:26] | – Can I slap him back? – You can try. | -那我能反击吗 -你试试啊 |
[12:30] | Well, as long as mom wins, | 只要我妈赢了 |
[12:32] | everything should be fine. | 那就没事了 |
[12:33] | Oh, that’s easy for you to say. | 说着简单啊 |
[12:35] | You have no idea what your mother makes me do | 为了这个破比赛 你都想不到 |
[12:37] | for these damn contests. | 你妈指使我干了些什么 |
[12:38] | Come on, Ralph. | 快点啊 拉尔夫 |
[12:39] | It’s a mixer, not a trip to the bathroom. | 一个搅拌机而已 又不是捡肥皂 |
[12:42] | I expect you to go quicker with less grunting. | 你俩麻利点 别在那儿嘀嘀咕咕了 |
[12:47] | *My hot dish brings all the boys to the yard* | *姐的手艺是一绝 勾来一群帅小伙* |
[12:49] | *And they’re right, it’s better than yours* | *众人吃了赞不停 好过你的一千倍* |
[12:51] | *Damn right, it’s better than yours* | *没错没错就没错 好过你的一千倍* |
[12:52] | *I could teach you, but I’d have to charge* | *你可以拜姐为师 但姐可要收费的* |
[12:54] | *My hot dish brings all the boys to the yard* | *姐的手艺是一绝 勾来一群帅小伙* |
[12:56] | *And they’re right, it’s better than yours* | *众人吃了赞不停 好过你的一千倍* |
[12:58] | *Damn right, it’s better than yours* | *没错没错就没错 好过你的一千倍* |
[13:00] | *I could teach you, but I’d have to charge* | *你可以拜姐为师 但姐可要收费的* |
[13:02] | *My hot dish brings all the boys to the yard* | *姐的手艺是一绝 勾来一群帅小伙* |
[13:04] | *And they’re right, it’s better than yours* | *众人吃了赞不停 好过你的一千倍* |
[13:07] | Ooh, Virginia. | 维吉妮亚 |
[13:08] | That is, hands down, the best casserole you’ve ever made. | 你一定是冠军 这是你做过的最好的炖菜了 |
[13:11] | That’s your mother’s. | 那是你妈做的 |
[13:14] | Best casserole… ever… | 这真是折磨外敌的 |
[13:16] | to feed to our nation’s enemies. | 最好武器啊 |
[13:19] | Ship this off to Europe | 给欧洲人送去 |
[13:20] | and teach those Italians a lesson. | 让那些意大利人涨涨姿势 |
[13:24] | Welcome to the 2013 Radish Festival! | 欢迎来到2013年的萝卜节 |
[13:31] | Step right up for the ring toss… | 大家来玩套圈圈的游戏吧 |
[13:33] | It’s not whether you come in first place | 无论你得了第一名 还是第二名 |
[13:34] | or even second place. | 都无所谓 |
[13:36] | What’s important is that we’re together | 最重要的是 我们夫妻同心 |
[13:37] | and we make this the best Radish Festival ever. | 共度一个最完美的萝卜节 |
[13:39] | I’m not gonna lie to you, Burt. | 实话跟你说吧 伯特 |
[13:41] | If I lose, I may not take it well. | 如果我输了 可能会吃不消 |
[13:43] | As in, I may burn Howdy’s to the ground | 我可能会一把火烧了毫迪超市 |
[13:45] | and dance on its ashes. | 然后在它的灰烬上载歌载舞 |
[13:47] | Figuratively. | 打个比方 |
[13:49] | Wait, does that mean “for real”? | 刚那词儿是”当真”的意思吗 |
[13:51] | ‘Cause I mean “for real.” | 因为我真会那么干的 |
[14:03] | So that’s why she asked me for the roses. | 她让我找玫瑰就是这个目的啊 |
[14:05] | Burt! | 伯特 |
[14:06] | It’s just a dumb competition. | 一个破比赛罢了 |
[14:07] | Why does Jimmy have to like your cooking better? | 为什么吉米一定得更喜欢你的菜 |
[14:09] | Isn’t it enough that I love your cooking? | 我喜欢你做的菜还不够吗 |
[14:11] | Oh, yeah? Well, what about yesterday, | 是吗 那昨天是怎么回事 |
[14:13] | – with your mom’s casserole? – Well, she’s my mom. | -你更喜欢你妈做的炖菜 -她是我妈妈啊 |
[14:15] | You’re my husband. | 你还是我老公呢 |
[14:16] | So if I’m supposed to like | 如果做老公的应该更喜欢 |
[14:17] | your cooking better than my mom’s, | 媳妇的菜 而不是妈妈的 |
[14:19] | Shouldn’t Jimmy like Sabrina’s better than yours? | 那吉米是不是应该更喜欢塞布丽娜的菜 |
[14:21] | I… great. | 我… 真好 |
[14:23] | In all your synopses, nobody likes my cooking. | 你的意思就是 没人会喜欢我的手艺 |
[14:26] | Well, in all your synopses, | 而你的意思就是 |
[14:27] | no one’s allowed to like anyone else’s. | 除了你的手艺 别的都不能喜欢 |
[14:29] | I’m starting to think this isn’t about | 我开始觉得 这已经不是 |
[14:30] | you being a good mom to Jimmy at all. | 你想做个好妈妈这么单纯了 |
[14:32] | You just want everyone to like your cooking the best. | 你就是希望大家承认 你的菜是最好吃的 |
[14:34] | No, that’s not it at all. | 不 完全不是那么回事 |
[14:38] | Okay, fine, that’s exactly it. | 好吧 我认了 就是那么回事 |
[14:42] | Okay, Barbara June. | 到了 芭芭拉·琼 |
[14:44] | All your training has come down to this. | 所有的功夫都是为了今天 |
[14:47] | Is that an energy drink? | 你在喝红牛吗 |
[14:49] | Sort of. | 算是吧 |
[14:49] | It’s a month’s supply of steroids for my arthritis. | 这是治关节炎所须的一个月的激素 |
[14:53] | I may have a full beard by the end of the day, | 也许今晚我会长出一脸的胡子 |
[14:56] | but I’m going home with that giraffe. | 但我一定要把那只长颈鹿带回家 |
[15:03] | Any word from the judges? | 裁判那儿有什么消息吗 |
[15:05] | Nope. They’re still cleansing their palates | 没呢 他们还在清理自己的味蕾 |
[15:06] | from this morning’s “guess what’s in that sausage” competition. | 他们刚参加完今早的猜香肠配料大赛 |
[15:09] | Well, I really think Sabrina has a shot. | 我真的觉得塞布丽娜有希望夺冠 |
[15:11] | Her casserole is unbelievable. | 她的炖菜好吃极了 |
[15:17] | Oh, my… Oh, my… Oh, my god, that’s disgusting. | 天啊 神啊 上帝啊 恶心死了 |
[15:22] | Taste like a dirty sock filled with old cheesecake. | 吃起来就像是臭袜子里塞了馊芝士 |
[15:26] | I used to smuggle food into fat camp. | 我曾为减肥训练营走私过食物 |
[15:28] | Come on, Barney. | 怎么可能 巴尼 |
[15:29] | It was great yesterday. | 昨天还很好吃呢 |
[15:33] | Oh, what happened? This is awful. | 怎么回事 难吃死了 |
[15:35] | Ugh, sorry, James. | 抱歉 詹姆斯 |
[15:37] | I guess Sabrina’s out. | 塞布丽娜应该没戏了 |
[15:38] | Well, at least Virginia still has a chance. | 不过维吉妮亚还有机会嘛 |
[15:40] | Oh, man. | 哦 不是吧 |
[15:42] | I bet mom messed with Sabrina’s casserole. | 我敢肯定老妈对塞布丽娜的菜动了手脚 |
[15:44] | She’s so competitive. | 她太要强了 |
[15:46] | Well, you know what? Just like solitaire, | 哼 既然你不仁 |
[15:49] | two can play at this game. | 我也不义了 |
[15:51] | Oh, I didn’t hear that. | 啊人家什么都没听到 |
[15:52] | As a respected official of this festival, | 我是备受尊重的节日官方代表 |
[15:54] | I refuse to tarnish my integrity. | 请不要玷污我的正直人格 |
[15:56] | Now excuse me while I go sell parched festival-goers | 现在我要把十块一瓶的自来水 |
[15:58] | $10 bottles of tap water. | 卖给那些狂热节日分子了 |
[16:11] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[16:12] | I know what you did to Sabrina’s casserole, | 我知道你对塞布丽娜的菜动了手脚 |
[16:13] | And now I’m just giving you a taste of your own medicine. | 现在你要自食其果了 |
[16:15] | Before you do that, why don’t you taste the medicine? | 动手之前 你先尝尝这”果”是什么味道吧 |
[16:20] | Oh, it’s horrible. | 神呐这什么玩意儿 |
[16:22] | Not the juice. | 我说的不是萝卜汁 |
[16:23] | My casserole. | 是我的菜 |
[16:31] | Oh, it’s horrible! | 神仙老爷要人命啊 |
[16:32] | Why can’t anyone cook anymore? | 怎么大家都做成这幅德行 |
[16:34] | Is it me? | 难道是我自己的原因 |
[16:35] | Maybe I went mouth-blind. Can people go mouth-blind? | 搞不好我失去味觉了 人能失去味觉吗 |
[16:37] | There’s nothing wrong with you or my cooking. | 你的味觉 我的烹饪水平都没问题 |
[16:40] | I tanked the contest. | 我有意做坏的 |
[16:42] | Well, why would you do that? | 为啥 |
[16:43] | I’ve had the prize for 25 years. | 老娘都连赢25年了 |
[16:45] | It’s Sabrina’s turn. | 该让位给塞布丽娜了 |
[16:47] | But someone ruined her casserole. | 但有人对她的菜动了手脚 |
[16:48] | She’s not gonna win the contest. | 她也赢不了 |
[16:51] | Winning the contest isn’t the prize, Jimmy. | 赢得比赛不是意义所在 吉米 |
[16:55] | So if you didn’t mess with Sabrina’s hot dish, | 如果不是你动了手脚 |
[16:59] | then who did? | 那是谁 |
[17:01] | Attention, please! | 大伙儿注意了 |
[17:02] | We have a winner in the hot dish competition. | 咱们的炖菜比赛有冠军产生啦 |
[17:05] | Christine Chance | 那就是克里斯蒂·吉斯 |
[17:06] | and her much ado about stuffing casserole! | 和她高大上的炖菜技巧 |
[17:10] | Guess we know who messed with Sabrina’s. | 现在我们可找到真凶了 |
[17:14] | Well, honey, you and Sabrina did an amazing job. | 亲爱的 你和塞布丽娜都尽力了 |
[17:16] | What can you do? | 可惜天意弄人啊 |
[17:17] | Grandma’s a cheater. | 奶奶玩手段了 |
[17:19] | Look, grandpa’s paying off the judges right now. | 看 爷爷现在正贿赂评委呢 |
[17:24] | He’s my dad. I’ll take care of this. | 他是我爹 我来处理 |
[17:31] | What…? | 搞毛 |
[17:32] | Casserole coming up. Casserole coming up. | 受不了了 菜都要吐出来了 |
[17:37] | Dad! | 爹 |
[17:38] | You’ve made a terrible mistake. | 你犯了一个严重的错误 |
[17:39] | That is not my mother! | 那不是我娘啊 |
[17:40] | Settle down, Burt. It’s not what you think. | 冷静点 伯特 这不是你想的那样 |
[17:42] | I was doing this for your mother. | 我这都是为了你妈 |
[17:44] | I don’t see how lip-wrestling with the editor | 和今日炖菜编辑唇缠舌战 |
[17:46] | of casserole today could be for her. | 怎么还就是为了我妈了 |
[17:47] | See, I throw the judges a little sugar | 你看 我给评委们一点小甜头 |
[17:49] | so your mother wins. | 你妈不就赢了嘛 |
[17:50] | I think she’d prefer you kept your sugar to yourself. | 我觉得她宁愿你把那点小甜头留给自己 |
[17:53] | No, I wouldn’t. | 才不会哦 |
[17:55] | It was my idea. | 这正是我的主意 |
[17:56] | It certainly wasn’t mine. | 当然不是我的主意 |
[17:58] | That judge had been tasting hot dishes for an hour. | 那评委已经尝了一小时炖菜 |
[18:00] | Like making out with 14 layers of cheese, beef and mayonnaise. | 那感觉就像和14层的芝士牛肉蛋黄酱大干一场 |
[18:04] | You two are sick. | 你们俩太恶心了 |
[18:04] | Don’t be naive. | 你太傻太天真 |
[18:05] | It’s the way the world works, Burt. | 全世界都吃这一套 伯特 |
[18:08] | Elections, casting couches, | 竞选也好 潜规则也好 |
[18:09] | local casserole competitions… | 本地炖菜比赛也好 |
[18:12] | How do you think you made the team in little league? | 不然大组织怎么会有抱团小分队 |
[18:14] | You couldn’t make it to second base, | 你这人连二垒都攻不下 |
[18:15] | so your father had to. | 只好让你爹上了 |
[18:21] | Like I said to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in ’78, | 就像我78年对卡里姆·阿卜杜勒·贾巴尔说的 |
[18:25] | you’re coming home with me, | 小子你得跟姐回家了 |
[18:28] | You tall freak. | 长脖小怪胎 |
[18:30] | Back again! | 又来了 |
[18:32] | Never seem to learn, do you? | 就不能吃一堑长一智 |
[18:34] | Shut your pie hole, you filthy carny, | 闭上你的臭嘴 狗骗子 |
[18:37] | and give me some balls. | 给老娘来几个球 |
[18:38] | We go by “Carnival game technician” now. | 我们现在叫嘉年华竞技专家了 |
[18:42] | Whatever. | 关我屁事 |
[18:43] | I’ll make it quick, | 我会速战速决 |
[18:44] | so you can get back to mouth-kissing your cousin. | 好让你还能赶回去和你老兄打个啵儿 |
[18:51] | Take ’em down, Barbara June. | 一球即中 芭芭拉·琼 |
[19:05] | You got the heat. | 力道不错 |
[19:06] | You just got to bring it a little lower. | 只要再低一点就好了 |
[19:08] | Something I also said to Kareem. | 我也是这么对卡里姆说的 |
[19:10] | But I’ve got a problem. | 但我们有点麻烦了 |
[19:12] | I can’t move my arm. | 我手臂动不了了 |
[19:14] | I’ve seen this kind of dislocation before. | 我遇到过这种关节错位的情况 |
[19:16] | I’m pretty sure I can pop it back in. | 我肯定能把它接回去 |
[19:18] | Actually, | 那什么 |
[19:20] | I think it’s a torn rotator cuff. | 我好像扭过头了 |
[19:23] | And I’m almost certain I just made it worse. | 我觉着我好像把它弄得更糟了 |
[19:25] | You got to throw for me, Frank. | 你得帮我投了 弗兰克 |
[19:27] | I got to have that giraffe. | 我必须拿到那头长颈鹿 |
[19:29] | I can’t throw. | 我不行啊 |
[19:30] | What the hell’s the problem? | 你他妈的是怎么回事 |
[19:31] | Throw the ball, you wuss. | 投啊 小废物 |
[19:50] | Run! | 快跑 |
[20:02] | Suck it, homie! | 滚一边儿去 死基佬 |
[20:06] | Well, my parents didn’t ruin Sabrina’s casserole, but… | 我爹妈都没对塞布丽娜的菜动手脚 但 |
[20:09] | I finally realized how I won that high school essay contest | 我现在懂了我高中是怎么用一副咪咪涂鸦 |
[20:12] | with a hand-drawn picture of boobs. | 赢了写作比赛了 |
[20:13] | Well, if grandma didn’t mess with Sabrina’s casserole, | 如果奶奶没对塞布丽娜的菜动手脚 |
[20:15] | then who did? | 那是谁干的 |
[20:18] | Guys, I ruined my own casserole. | 是我自己 |
[20:21] | Well, I didn’t know what else to do. | 我不知道还能怎么办了 |
[20:23] | I knew how much winning this competition meant to you. | 我知道赢得比赛对你来说意义重大 |
[20:25] | You didn’t have to do that. | 你真没必要那么做 |
[20:27] | The only reason I entered this contest | 我参加比赛的唯一原因就是 |
[20:28] | was to make you proud, not step on your toes. | 想让你骄傲 不是让你难堪 |
[20:31] | The only reason I entered the contest | 我参加比赛的唯一原因是 |
[20:33] | was to destroy you in front of Jimmy. | 让你在吉米面前丢脸 |
[20:35] | How did our good intentions go so wrong? | 为什么咱们都好心办坏事了 |
[20:46] | Hey, mom, maybe you can teach Sabrina some more recipes. | 老妈 也许你可以教塞布丽娜做更多菜 |
[20:49] | She sure did a great job with that last one. | 上一次她就学得不错 |
[20:51] | I love that idea. Now that I’ve learned how to make a casserole, | 好主意 既然我已学会做炖菜了 |
[20:54] | I’d love to try some other new things. | 我也愿意去尝试做点别的 |
[20:56] | Wilfred and I liked to try new things: | 我和威尔弗雷德都喜欢新鲜玩意儿 |
[20:58] | opium, group sex, tiramisu. | 比如鸦片 群p 提拉米苏 |
[21:01] | Winning the hot dish really sparked my competitive fires. | 赢得本次比赛真是点燃了我的比赛热情 |
[21:04] | I’m gonna enter the Camden County muffin contest in a few weeks. | 过一阵我要去参加康登郡的松饼比赛 |
[21:08] | Oh, I’ve heard about that. | 我听说过哪个 |
[21:10] | I think they have all male judges. | 我记得他们的评委似乎都是男的 |
[21:12] | Oh, dear lord. | 哦苍天啊 |