时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | What? | 干嘛呢? |
[00:11] | What’s the problem? | 怎么了? |
[00:14] | Gotta go to the bathroom. | 得上洗手间 |
[00:19] | So go. | 那就去啊 |
[00:20] | No. Too tired. | 不 太累了 |
[00:26] | I gotta go all the way around and come all the way back. | 我得绕一圈过去 还得绕一圈回来 |
[00:30] | I hate this side of the bed. | 我讨厌睡床这边 |
[00:32] | You’re closer. You go to the bathroom for me. | 你隔得近 你替我去 |
[00:36] | Not this again. | 又来了 |
[00:37] | Ray, you chose that side, you wanted that side… | 雷 你选的那边 你自己要睡那边的 |
[00:39] | you made your bed, now just shut up in it. | 你自己选的 现在闭嘴吧 |
[00:43] | I never should’ve took this side. | 我不该选这边的 |
[00:45] | I went with my childhood instinct. | 我以我童年的本能选的这边 |
[00:48] | I took the side away from the door | 万一有坏人进来 |
[00:50] | in case the boogieman comes in. | 我离门远 |
[00:53] | If the boogieman gets you… | 坏人就把你抓走了 |
[00:55] | I’m in my spaceship by then. | 那时我已经在飞船上了 |
[01:02] | What if he comes in through the window? | 要是他从窗户那进来呢? |
[01:15] | I gotta go to the bathroom. | 我得上洗手间了 |
[01:22] | Hi, I’m Ray, and I live here in Long Island | 嗨 我叫雷 跟我老婆黛博拉 |
[01:24] | with my wife Debra. | 住在长岛 |
[01:25] | She’s great with the kids, | 她很会带孩子 |
[01:27] | the house, everything. | 很会收拾 总之很能干 |
[01:29] | I don’t know how she does it. | 我都不知道她是怎么做的 |
[01:31] | We’ve got a daughter Ally… | 我们有个女儿叫艾丽 |
[01:33] | and twin two-year-old boys. | 还有对两岁大的双胞胎儿子 |
[01:36] | It’s not really about the kids. | 孩子并不是最大的问题 |
[01:38] | My parents live across the street. | 问题是我父母就住在街对面 |
[01:41] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[01:43] | And my brother lives with them. | 我哥哥还跟他们住在一起 |
[01:46] | Now, not every family | 现在并不是每个家庭 |
[01:47] | would go by on a conveyor belt for you… | 都会有家人络绎不绝的造访 |
[01:49] | but mine would because… | 不过 我家就会 因为 |
[01:51] | Everybody loves Raymond. | 人人都爱雷蒙德 |
[01:53] | Yeah. | 说对了 是的 是的 |
[01:59] | All right. Well, listen, thanks for stopping by again. | 好了 听着 谢谢再次的造访 |
[02:03] | Yeah, ’cause we’ve missed you since this morning. | 因为从早上就开始想你们了 |
[02:08] | Okay. Bye, now. | 现在 好了 拜拜 |
[02:11] | We’ll see you. Hey. | 拜拜 嗨 |
[02:12] | Robert, listen, everybody was just leaving. | 罗伯特 大家正准备走 |
[02:15] | Is that meatloaf? | 那是肉块吗? |
[02:17] | Yeah. You wouldn’t like it, very dry. We’re throwing it out. | 是啊 不能吃了 都干了 我要扔掉它 |
[02:23] | Is that a spot on your uniform, Robbie? | 罗比 你制服上有污渍? |
[02:25] | This? Yeah. | 这个? 嗯 |
[02:27] | No, that’s just a little something | 不是 这个只是 |
[02:29] | that the Lieutenant pinned… | 在今天早上点名的时候 |
[02:30] | on a particularly deserving officer | 上尉给我别上的小东西 |
[02:32] | at roll call this morning. | 给我应得的奖 |
[02:33] | What did you get, a condemnation? | 你得了什么?犯错奖? |
[02:37] | Commendation, Dad. | 奖励 爸爸 |
[02:39] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[02:41] | Okay, go easy on it. What’s it for? | 这个没什么 是什么奖? |
[02:44] | Perfect attendance. | 全勤奖 |
[02:48] | Three years in a row. | 连接三年的全勤 |
[02:50] | That’s pretty good, Robert. Okay, bye, now. | 非常好 罗伯特 好了 现在 再见 |
[02:56] | I am so proud of you, Robbie. | 罗比 我为你感到自豪 |
[02:59] | That’s my boy. Always… | 这才是我的儿子 总是 |
[03:02] | there. | 这样 |
[03:05] | Ray, look at this letter. | 雷 看这封信 |
[03:07] | You’re up for Sportswriter of the Year. | 你被提名年度最佳体育记者 |
[03:11] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么? |
[03:12] | Here, look. Your newspaper submitted you, | 看这儿 你们报社推荐你了 |
[03:14] | and you got nominated. | 你被提名了 |
[03:16] | Raymond, that’s marvelous. | 雷蒙德 太不可思议了 |
[03:18] | I knew I was submitted, | 我知道我被推荐了 |
[03:20] | but I didn’t think this would happen. | 但我觉得没什么可能被提名啊 |
[03:21] | One thousand ninety-five days of perfect attendance. | 一千零九十五天的全勤 |
[03:27] | Look, and they’re going to announce | 看 他们会在颁奖宴会上 |
[03:29] | the winner at an awards banquet. | 宣布获胜者名单 |
[03:32] | I bet they got a buffet. Yeah. | 肯定有自助餐吃了 是啊 |
[03:34] | I always told you, you’re a great writer. | 我一直都说 你是个了不起的记者 |
[03:37] | Don’t get excited, ’cause I’m not going to this thing. | 别那么兴奋 因为我没打算参加 |
[03:39] | Why not? | 为什么不参加? |
[03:40] | It’s a stupid, meaningless award, that’s all. | 只是个无聊又愚蠢的奖 就是这样 |
[03:43] | Well, can I still go? | 我还能去吗? |
[03:45] | They got wheelbarrows full of shrimp there. | 那会有辆装满鲜虾的小推车的 |
[03:48] | Nobody’s going, okay? | 没人会去 好吧? |
[03:50] | These events are always lame. | 这些奖通常是内定的 |
[03:51] | Why are you being so negative? | 你为什么变得这么消极? |
[03:53] | Yeah, what’s the matter? You don’t like shrimp? | 怎么了?你不喜欢鲜虾? |
[03:57] | Come on, Marie, I’m hungry. | 走吧 玛丽 我饿了 |
[03:58] | Well, as far as I’m concerned… | 据我所知 |
[04:01] | you’re already the winner in this family. | 你已经是家里的获胜者了 |
[04:04] | Come on, Robbie. | 走吧 罗比 |
[04:12] | Best of luck. | 祝你好运 |
[04:13] | I hope it all works out for you. | 希望你能拿奖 |
[04:19] | Ray, what is wrong with you? This isn’t a lame event. | 雷 你怎么了? 这不是内定的 |
[04:22] | This is a black-tie, prestigious thing. | 这是高贵又有名的盛会 |
[04:27] | And if you win, it could really be good for your career. | 如果你得了奖 对你工作是有利的 |
[04:30] | No, come on. Good for my career. | 不 得啦 对我工作有利 |
[04:32] | No. Awards mean nothing, all right? | 不 奖励什么也不是 对吧? |
[04:34] | Best thing to do is just forget about it. | 最好忘掉它 |
[04:37] | You think you’re gonna lose. | 你觉得你拿不了奖 |
[04:39] | Of course. | 当然 |
[04:42] | But this is so fantastic, Ray. Look at this: | 但是这真是太棒了 雷 看这个 |
[04:45] | “Sportswriter of the Year.” | 看这儿”年度最佳体育记者” |
[04:47] | I mean, this is great just to be nominated. | 被提名已经很不错了 |
[04:49] | “It’s great just to be nominated.” | “被提名已经很不错了” |
[04:52] | That’s what the loser says. | 落选的人才这么说 |
[04:53] | That’s the title of the loser handbook. | 这是落选者名言 |
[04:58] | Have you ever thought of something? | 你有没有想过? |
[05:00] | You might actually win this. | 你可能会获奖 |
[05:01] | Look, Debra, don’t make me want this. | 黛博拉 别让我想得奖 |
[05:05] | It’s okay to want things, Ray. | 想得奖很正常 雷 |
[05:05] | No, you’re wrong. | 不 你错了 |
[05:08] | Right now, my expectations are right here, this high. | 此时 我的期望值在这儿 这么高 |
[05:12] | When I fall from here… | 当我从上面摔下来时 |
[05:14] | I sprain an ankle, I limp away. That’s all. | 我扭伤了脚踝 一跛一跛的走开 就这样 |
[05:17] | If I fall from where you’re talking about… | 如果我从你说的那个高度摔下来 |
[05:20] | splat. | 摔死了 |
[05:22] | I’m Splat, the loser. | 我就是失败者 摔死了 |
[05:24] | “Hey, any words for us, Splat?” | “嘿 有什么话对我们说吗?摔死的” |
[05:27] | “It was great just to be nominated.” | “被提名已经很不错了” |
[05:33] | All right, fine. We won’t go. | 好吧 我们不去 |
[05:35] | You’re hopeless. | 你无可救药了 |
[05:45] | You really think I can win it? | 你真的认为我能赢吗? |
[05:48] | Look at the competition here, all right? | 看你的对手 |
[05:51] | Bill Scheft, he’s already won twice, so he’s finished. | 比尔・斯希特 他得过两次奖 没戏了 |
[05:54] | Chuck Heaton’s big story this year was | 恰克・希顿今年最重大的文章是 |
[05:56] | “Too much violence in boxing.” | “拳击赛场中有太多的暴力” |
[05:58] | Thanks for the scoop, Chuck. | 谢谢恰克的独家新闻 |
[06:00] | I mean, you’re always telling me | 而且你总是告诉我 |
[06:01] | what a hack Ted Stankovich is. | 泰德・斯坦柯维奇是个卑鄙小人 |
[06:03] | But most importantly, I know you. I know your writing. | 但最重要的是 我了解你 我了解你的文章 |
[06:07] | And listen, sweetie, you are really, really good. | 听着 亲爱的 你真的 真的很好 |
[06:12] | There is nobody that’s better than you, Ray. | 没人比你强 雷 |
[06:15] | You are Sportswriter of the Year. | 你是年度最佳体育记者 |
[06:21] | You did it. | 你成功了 |
[06:22] | You made me want it. | 你让我在意这个奖了 |
[06:33] | Ray, this is so great. | 雷 太棒了 |
[06:35] | Oh, my God, we’re out, we’re with adults. | 噢 天啊 我们出来了 跟大人在一起 |
[06:38] | I didn’t have to cut anybody’s meat, you smell good. | 我不用得罪人 你又很香 |
[06:43] | This was a mistake. | 这个是错误 |
[06:44] | All this small talk with people | 和这些 |
[06:46] | who couldn’t care less about me. | 不在意我的人闲聊 |
[06:47] | It’s torture. | 真是种折磨 |
[06:49] | Look, the skater. | 看 溜冰运动员 |
[06:53] | Excuse me, are you Ray Barone? Yeah. | 你好 你是雷・巴隆吗? 是的 |
[06:56] | I’m Katarina Witt. | 我是卡特瑞娜・威特 |
[07:02] | Wife. Hi, I’m Debra. | 妻子 嗨 我叫黛博拉 |
[07:05] | Gosh, it is so great to meet you. | 天哪 遇见你真是太棒了 |
[07:07] | We are really big fans of yours. | 我们是你的粉丝 |
[07:09] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[07:10] | I just want to say how much I loved your | 我想说我太喜欢你的 |
[07:12] | article about professionals in the Olympics. | 关于奥运会运动员的文章了 |
[07:15] | Oh, wow. Thanks. | 噢 谢谢 |
[07:17] | You’re a very good writer, and I’m sure | 你是个非常了不起的记者 |
[07:19] | you’re gonna win tonight. So good luck. | 相信今晚你会得奖 祝你好运 |
[07:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:24] | See? Torture. | 看到了?真是折磨 |
[07:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[07:28] | A beautiful, famous skater has just told you | 漂亮的著名溜冰运动员刚告诉你 |
[07:30] | how much she loves your work. | 她喜欢你的文章 |
[07:32] | How can it be better than that? | 还有比这个更好的吗? |
[07:33] | I could be single. | 我如果是单身更好 |
[07:36] | Look, of course she’s gonna say she likes my work. | 当然 她想说她喜欢我的文章 |
[07:38] | She’s a skater. She’s dizzy from all that spinning. | 她是溜冰运动员 转圈都把人转昏了 |
[07:41] | You’re right. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that. | 对啊 怎么我就不会这么想 |
[07:43] | Ladies and gentlemen, if you’ll all take | 女士们先生们 如果你们 |
[07:45] | your seats. It’s time to begin. | 已就座 宴会就要开始了 |
[07:47] | I’m gonna get some fresh air. I’ll jump out that window. | 我想呼吸点新鲜空气 要从那窗跳出去 |
[07:50] | Sit down, you freak. | 坐下 你这个怪物 |
[07:53] | Ray Barone. | 雷・巴隆 |
[07:56] | Marv Albert. Hi. | 马夫・阿尔伯特 嗨 |
[07:57] | Honey, this is Marv Albert. | 亲爱的 这是马夫・阿尔伯特 |
[07:58] | Yes. | 对啊 |
[08:02] | Tell you, I’ve never heard that before. | 跟你说 我没听人这么叫过 |
[08:04] | This is my wife, Debra. Hi. | 这是我的妻子 黛博拉 嗨 |
[08:06] | Nice to meet you. Thanks. | 见到你真高兴 谢谢 |
[08:08] | Cake throws off her medication. | 吃蛋糕把她的药力减轻了 |
[08:11] | Word is that your are the odds-on favorite. | 听说你胜算很大 |
[08:14] | And, personally, I’ve been | 就我而言 |
[08:14] | such a huge fan of yours over the years. | |
[08:18] | Thank you. I appreciate that. I’ll see you later. | 谢谢 很感谢你 过会见 |
[08:20] | Thanks. Best of luck to you. | 谢谢 祝你好运 |
[08:25] | Marv Albert thinks I’m on medication. | 他会觉得我在接受治疗 |
[08:29] | Odds-on favorite. | 胜算很大 |
[08:32] | Big fan. | 我的粉丝 |
[08:34] | Oh, my God, I might have a shot at this. | 天啊 看来我要争取一下 |
[08:36] | And now, to present the award | 现在 年度最佳体育记者 |
[08:38] | for Sportswriter of the Year… | 的颁奖嘉宾是 |
[08:40] | Mr. Marv Albert. | 马夫・阿尔伯特先生 |
[08:45] | Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢 女士们先生们 |
[08:48] | And now, the main event… | 现在 联邦新闻协会的 |
[08:49] | for the Federated Press Association | 的一个主要奖项 |
[08:49] | Sportswriter of the Year. | 年度最佳体育记者 |
[08:54] | The nominees are: | 提名者是 |
[08:55] | Ted Stankovich of the Chicago Tribune… | 芝加哥讲坛的泰德・斯坦柯维奇 |
[08:59] | Hack, hack. | 卑鄙小人 |
[09:03] | …Bill Scheft of the Boston Globe… | 波士顿环球的比尔・斯希特 |
[09:09] | I don’t care. | 我不在意 |
[09:11] | …Chuck Heaton of the Cleveland Plain Dealer… | 克利夫兰老实人的恰克・希顿 |
[09:17] | and Ray Barone of New York News Desk. | 还有纽约新闻办公室的雷・巴隆 |
[09:29] | And the winner is… | 获奖者是 |
[09:42] | Look, Ray, you’re just gonna have to | 看吧 雷 你要 |
[09:43] | make the best of this. | 好好调整好 |
[09:45] | Something good’s gonna come from this. You’ll see. | 肯定会有好事到来的 你看吧 |
[09:47] | Ray, come on. | 雷 别这样 |
[10:00] | You know, Ray, you’re Sportswriter of the Year. | 你知道的 雷 你是年度最佳体育记者 |
[10:04] | You know, when most people win an award, | 你知道 大多人得奖的时候 |
[10:06] | they don’t look like they’re passing a stone. | 他们拿奖不会拿得象搬石头一样的 |
[10:09] | Yeah, well, you try lifting this thing. | 那好 你来试试举下这个东西 |
[10:12] | The trophy’s too big. Is that the problem, Ray? | 奖杯太大了 这就是问题所在吗?雷 |
[10:16] | I don’t know. It doesn’t feel right. | 我不知道 感觉不对 |
[10:20] | What’s wrong with winning an award? | 得了奖有什么问题? |
[10:22] | It’s too good to be true. | 没可能有这么好的事 |
[10:23] | But it is true. | 但这就是事实啊 |
[10:25] | Then it can’t be that good. | 所以就不会那么好 |
[10:27] | You are such a pessimist. | 你真是个悲观主义者 |
[10:29] | I am not a pessimist. | 我不悲观 |
[10:30] | Oh, no? You are incapable of seeing | 噢 不是吗?你总是不能看到 |
[10:32] | the good in anything. What is that called? | 事物中好的一面 那不是悲观? |
[10:34] | A realist. And I can see the good | 现实主义者 我可以看到 |
[10:37] | in a lot of things, okay? | 很多事物好的方面 |
[10:39] | How about last year when we went skiing | 去年我们去滑雪 |
[10:40] | and I didn’t break anything? | 我没摔破任何东西呢 |
[10:42] | That’s because you sat in the lodge the whole time, | 那是因为你整天呆在旅馆里 |
[10:44] | saying: | 还说 |
[10:45] | “I don’t wanna break anything.” | “我不想摔破东西” |
[10:48] | I enjoyed it in my own way. | 我喜欢自己的处事方式 |
[10:50] | I liked the hot chocolate. | 我喜欢热巧克力 |
[10:53] | Although, I hear now that fake sweetener | 不过 我听说假的甜味佐料 |
[10:54] | stuff will kill you. It’s crazy. | 会致命 真是疯了 |
[10:57] | Yeah, you’re not a pessimist. | 是啊 你不是悲观主义者 |
[10:59] | Listen, I know how your head works. | 听着 我知道你怎么想的了 |
[11:01] | I’m gonna prove it to you. | 我会证明给你看 |
[11:03] | You say the first thing that comes into your mind… | 听到我说一个东西以后 |
[11:06] | when I say, for instance: | 告诉我你第一个想到的 比方说 |
[11:09] | Love. | 爱情 |
[11:13] | Wife. | 妻子 |
[11:17] | Nice answer, but it took a little too long getting there. | 答得好 似乎很久才答出来 |
[11:19] | I could tell you threw out like 15 words | 在你说出”妻子”前 |
[11:21] | before you got to “wife.” | 我都可以十五个单词了 |
[11:23] | They all meant wife. | 它们都是妻子的意思 |
[11:26] | You’re not supposed to think before you say anything, okay? | 在我说之前 你不要考虑 好不? |
[11:29] | All right. I got it. I’ll try doing it again. | 好吧 知道了 我会再尽力的 |
[11:31] | Okay. Ice cream. | 好吧 冰淇淋 |
[11:33] | I thought you were gonna say “love” again. | 我想你又会说”爱情”了 |
[11:35] | I was ready for “love.” | 我准备说”爱情”了 |
[11:36] | No. It’s different words, Ray. | 不 单词都不同 雷 |
[11:38] | All right. Go ahead. | 好吧 再来 |
[11:40] | Ice cream. Fat. | 冰淇淋 肥胖 |
[11:41] | See. Right to the negative. | 看到了 完完全全的消极 |
[11:43] | Beach. Sunburn. | 沙滩 晒黑 |
[11:45] | Marriage. Counselor. | 婚姻 法律顾问 |
[11:46] | Bad. Worse. | 坏 更糟 |
[11:47] | Steak. Stroke. | 肉排 敲打 |
[11:49] | Sex. Twins. | 性 双胞胎 |
[11:50] | I think I proved my point. | 我想我已经证明我的观点了 |
[11:53] | I proved my point. | 我证明我的观点了 |
[11:54] | No. The twins are a positive, all right. | 不 双胞胎是积极的 对吧 |
[11:57] | Come on. Maybe you’re the one | 好吧 也许你才是 |
[11:58] | who’s a little negative around here. | 这里的消极分子 |
[12:00] | Face it, Ray. You’re a total pessimist. | 面对现实吧 不折不扣的悲观主义者 |
[12:03] | All right, I’m a little pessimistic. | 好吧 我有一点点悲观 但我懂得控制 |
[12:05] | But I got it under control, okay. | 但我控制得很好 |
[12:07] | I can be optimistic any time I want to. | 我要乐观什么时候都可以 |
[12:11] | You are so classic. You’re in total denial. | 你真是个典型 你完全否定我了 |
[12:14] | I mean, look at this. How can you not enjoy this? | 看这个 你怎么能不高兴呢? |
[12:19] | It’s really easy. | 这奖很容易拿 |
[12:22] | This is not normal. You know that? | 这不正常 你知道吗? |
[12:24] | You really have a big problem. | 你绝对有问题 |
[12:27] | I’m being careful, that’s all. | 我就是小心谨慎 就这样 |
[12:30] | I always thought I was just | 我总是在想 我只是 |
[12:32] | an occasional worrier, you know, like… | 偶尔会杞人忧天 比如说 |
[12:35] | a guy comes up and says “hello,” and I’m thinking: | 一个人过来说”嗨” 我就会想 |
[12:37] | “Hey, is this guy gonna hit me?” That kind of thing. | “这个人要来打我吗?”这样 |
[12:41] | Do you like being this way? | 你喜欢这样吗? |
[12:44] | It’s all I know. | 我就这么想的 |
[12:46] | It doesn’t have to be this way. You can get better. | 你不是非得这样 你可以做得更好 |
[12:49] | You can change. But listen… | 你可以改变 不过听我说 |
[12:51] | the first step is admitting that you have a problem. | 第一步就是要承认你有问题 |
[12:58] | All right. I’m Ray and I’m a pessimist. | 好吧 我是雷 我是一个悲观主义者 |
[13:04] | Hi, Ray. | 嗨 雷 |
[13:12] | Hey, everybody. Daddy’s home. | 嗨 爸爸回来了 |
[13:15] | Hi. Hey. | 嗨 嗨 |
[13:17] | How was your day? Great. Just great. | 今天怎么样? 太好了 就是太好了 |
[13:22] | Good. Yeah. | 好的 是啊 |
[13:24] | Yeah, okay. Well, dinner’s almost ready. | 好了 晚餐已经准备好了 |
[13:26] | Great. What are we having? | 太好了 我们吃什么呢? |
[13:30] | Just assorted leftovers. Great. | 各种剩菜 太好了 |
[13:33] | I like variety. Yeah. | 我喜欢品种丰富 嗯 |
[13:35] | Hey, sweetie. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[13:40] | Daddy’s face is weird. | 爸爸的脸真奇怪 |
[13:44] | Gee, so you’re in a good mood, huh? | 你情绪很高呢 嗯? |
[13:46] | I’m in a great mood. | 我心情好极了 |
[13:48] | I’m proud of you.You’re really being positive. | 我为你感到自豪 你真的变得积极了 |
[13:51] | Yeah, I’m trying. | 是啊 我正在尽力 |
[13:54] | It isn’t easy though, I tell you. | 不过并不容易 我告诉你 |
[13:55] | Today was one of the toughest days of my life. | 今天是我一生中最辛苦的一天 |
[13:58] | Why? | 怎么说? |
[14:03] | I got a promotion. | 我升职了 |
[14:05] | Oh, my God. That’s wonderful. Oh, sweetie. | 天哪 那太棒了 噢 亲爱的 |
[14:09] | Congratulations. Yeah. It’s a big… | 祝贺你 对啊 是件大事 |
[14:13] | good… thing. Yeah. | 非常棒的大事 是啊 |
[14:19] | See, that award was good. | 看到了 那个奖是个好东西 |
[14:21] | Something good came from that, too. | 奖带来了好运 |
[14:23] | Right. I gotta admit I almost had | 正是 不过我得承认 |
[14:26] | some negative thoughts there, you know. | 我还有些消极的想法 |
[14:28] | I was tempted to think… | 我在想 |
[14:30] | promotion: More responsibility, intense pressure… | 升职 就要负更多的责任 承受更多压力 |
[14:34] | stomach ulcers, hair loss, bleeding gums. | 胃溃疡 脱发 牙龈出血 |
[14:37] | But I didn’t. | 但是我没有 |
[14:40] | I just pushed those thoughts right out of my mind… | 我只是把这些想法抛诸脑后 |
[14:43] | and I thought, everything’s great… | 然后我想 一切都是美好的 |
[14:45] | because I’m coming home to my family. | 因为我要回家见我的家人 |
[14:57] | Oh, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[14:58] | Ray, this is really a huge step for you. | 雷 对你而言 的确是很大进步 |
[15:01] | It is. Yeah. | 的确 是啊 |
[15:02] | And you know, even though I got a promotion… | 即使我升职了 |
[15:05] | I’m gonna look at the bright side. | 我也会看到事情好的一面 |
[15:08] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[15:10] | forget about the leftovers. Let’s celebrate. | 别理剩菜吧 我们来庆祝一下 |
[15:12] | Let’s order in. Great. | 我们叫外卖吧 好极了 |
[15:14] | Yeah. And I’ll get my parents. | 我会叫我父母过来 |
[15:15] | I’ll tell them to come over. | 我去叫他们过来 |
[15:17] | Do you have to? Your parents are always… | 你非得这样?你父母经常…… |
[15:19] | You’re gonna talk the talk, you walk the walk. | 说到要做到哦 |
[15:22] | Yeah. Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:26] | Great. Just great. | 太好了 就是太好了 |
[15:33] | Here’s another one: Pellagra. | 还有一个:糙皮病 |
[15:37] | “Characterized by skin eruptions… | 症状为皮肤出疹 |
[15:39] | “digestive and nervous system disturbances… | 消化和神经系统紊乱 |
[15:42] | “and eventual mental deterioration.” | 最终导致智力衰退 |
[15:45] | That’s disgusting. | 真是恶心 |
[15:47] | You want me to keep going? Couple more. | 你想让我继续吗? 再说一两个 |
[15:53] | Impetigo. | 脓胞病 |
[15:56] | Hey, everybody. What are you doing? | 嗨 大家好 你们干嘛呢 |
[15:58] | Just reading up on diseases. | 正在研读疾病 |
[15:59] | You got no idea what’s out there. | 不知道外面发生什么事 |
[16:02] | We heard you won your award thing. | 我们听说你得奖了 |
[16:04] | That’s very nice, Ray. | 太好了 雷 |
[16:05] | Thanks. Actually, it was great. | 谢谢 的确 真的很棒 |
[16:08] | You know how I thought | 你知道我是怎么想的 |
[16:09] | I didn’t think it was gonna be a big deal. | 我并不认为这是什么大事 |
[16:12] | It kind of was. | 像是大事 |
[16:13] | I met Katarina Witt and Marv Albert. | 我碰见卡特瑞娜・威特和马夫・阿尔伯特 |
[16:16] | Was DiMaggio there? No, Dad. | 狄・马吉奥在那吗? 不在 |
[16:21] | Well, at least you made | 噢 至少你进了 |
[16:22] | the Sportswriter Hall of Fame. | 体育记者名人馆 |
[16:24] | Actually it’s Sportswriter of the Year. | 事实上是年度最佳体育记者 |
[16:28] | Just the year. | 只是年度的 |
[16:31] | That’s wonderful, dear. How much you win? | 亲爱的 太了不起了 奖了什么给你? |
[16:35] | I got a trophy, Ma. Big trophy. | 我得了个奖杯 大奖杯 |
[16:39] | No cash? No. | 没钱? 没有 |
[16:41] | No, just the trophy. But because of that trophy… | 只是个奖杯 但是因为那个奖杯 |
[16:44] | That’s nice. You got a nice trophy. Nice gold trophy. | 很好 有个奖杯 漂亮的金奖杯 |
[16:47] | Actually it’s silver, Ma. | 事实上是个银的 妈 |
[16:50] | I thought silver was for second place. | 我想银的是给第二名的吧 |
[16:54] | I’m sure it’s a very nice trophy. | 不过肯定是非常好的奖杯 |
[16:54] | – Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:58] | You bust your ass all year long, | 你一年都为报社卖命 |
[17:00] | at least they could throw you a few dollars. | 他们至少要给你几个钱啊 |
[17:05] | Dad, it’s more of a prestige thing. | 爸 得奖意义更多在于荣耀 |
[17:08] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[17:09] | Take the prestige thing to the market | 把荣耀拿到市场 |
[17:11] | and see how many eggs you bring home. | 看能换多少个鸡蛋回来 |
[17:16] | Ray, what’s going on? | 雷 还好吗? |
[17:18] | What are you doing here? I took a sick day. | 在这干嘛呢? 我今天请病假了 |
[17:22] | What about your perfect attendance? | 你的全勤奖怎么样了? |
[17:24] | What, like I need another little pin? | 什么?我还需要徽章吗? |
[17:28] | I hear you won the award last night. | 我听说你昨晚得了奖 |
[17:30] | Yeah, I did. And it was great. | 是的 太棒了 |
[17:33] | And I don’t care what anybody thinks | 我不在乎别人怎么看 |
[17:35] | about it. I feel good about it. | 我感觉很棒 |
[17:37] | I thought something bad was gonna happen from this, but… | 我以为这会引起倒霉事 但… |
[17:40] | you know what? I got a promotion today. | 你知道吗?我今天升职了 |
[17:42] | Promotion. Yeah. | 升职 是啊 |
[17:43] | Gee, what a shock. | 呀 真是惊喜啊 |
[17:46] | They made you editor? No, Dad. | 他们让你做编辑了? 没有 爸 |
[17:49] | Why not? | 为什么? |
[17:51] | I’m head of Sports Features. And that’s good. | 我是体育版主管 那很棒 |
[17:55] | That’s good. You know, most people think | 因为多数人们认为 |
[17:57] | an award and a promotion are good things. | 奖赏和升职都是好事 |
[18:00] | I enjoy my work and I’m glad to be recognized for it. | 我喜欢我的工作 我很高兴被人认可 |
[18:04] | Hey, and I’m gonna pat myself on the back | 嘿 我可以拍拍后背 |
[18:06] | and feel good about it. | 自我感觉良好 |
[18:09] | Well, I must say, Ray… | 我得说 雷 |
[18:11] | this is a side of you that’s not very attractive. | 你的这一面 并不那么让人喜欢 |
[18:16] | What? Nobody likes a bragger. | 什么? 没人喜欢吹牛的人 |
[18:18] | What, are you going uptown on us? | 你也要我们跟你一起乐观? |
[18:21] | You’re really beginning to get a swell head. | 你真的开始头脑发热了 |
[18:24] | We didn’t bring you up that way. | 我们没想把你养成这样 |
[18:27] | I’m sorry. I didn’t… | 我很抱歉 我没有 |
[18:30] | I just thought I was… | 我只是在想 |
[18:32] | No, wait a minute. | 不 等一会 |
[18:35] | What am I apologizing for? | 我干吗要道歉? |
[18:37] | Look, all I’m doing is being happy. | 看 我要变得快乐而已 |
[18:39] | Maybe everybody around here | 也许大家 |
[18:41] | would be a little bit happy… | 看到事物好的一面 |
[18:42] | if you tried to see the good in things. | 就会变得快乐点 |
[18:44] | But instead, you just beat everything down. | 但是 你却把所有快乐扔掉 |
[18:47] | What are you yelling at us for? | 那你朝我们嚷嚷什么? |
[18:49] | Is this how you’re gonna handle the new job? | 你就是这样做新工作的? |
[19:01] | I got an award, all right? No, that’s good. | 我得了奖 对吧?不 那是好事 |
[19:06] | I got a promotion, too. That’s good. There’s no bad here. | 我也升职了 那也是好事 没什么糟糕的 |
[19:09] | They don’t promote you if you’re bad. | 如果你很糟 也不能升职 |
[19:11] | If I was a pessimist like them, I would think it’s bad. | 如果我像他们那样悲观 就会觉得不好 |
[19:14] | But I am an optimist now. I feel good all the time. | 但我现在很乐观了 感觉总会很好 |
[19:18] | Oh, look, it’s raining. | 看 下雨了 |
[19:20] | That’s good for the garden, isn’t it? | 那花园里的花就得到滋润了 |
[19:25] | Why do people who convert | 为什么他自己改变 |
[19:26] | try to drag everyone along with them? | 却硬要拉身边的人陪他呢 |
[19:39] | It’s raining? It’s raining. | 下雨了? 下雨了 |
[19:44] | But it’s good for the garden. | 但花草就得到滋润了 |
[19:47] | Honey, I shouldn’t have let you go over there. | 亲爱的 我不该让你到对面去的 |
[19:50] | I knew you weren’t ready. Oh, my God. | 我知道你没准备好 噢 天啊 |
[19:52] | No. | 不是 |
[19:52] | Two steps forward, one step back. Yeah. | 进两步 退一步 是的 |
[19:58] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么了? |
[20:00] | I think I have some bad news, Ray. | 我想我有些坏消息 雷 |
[20:03] | Yeah? Yeah. | 是吗? 嗯 |
[20:06] | Your editor called. There’s this race and… | 你的编辑打电话来说 有个比赛 |
[20:09] | there’s a girl from Long Island, a 13-year-old… | 有个长岛来的十三岁姑娘 |
[20:12] | who’s gonna be competing in it… | 想参加比赛 |
[20:14] | and he wants his new head of Sports Features to cover it. | 他想新体育版主管去现场报道 |
[20:19] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[20:21] | It’s the Iditarod, Ray. It’s in Alaska. | 是雪橇比赛 在阿拉斯加州 |
[20:31] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧? |
[20:33] | That’s a two-week dog sled race in 35-below weather. | 在零下35度的天气下两周的比赛 |
[20:39] | Stankovich covered that last year and lost a toe. | 斯坦柯维奇去年报道过 冻掉了一个脚趾 |
[20:43] | I’m sorry. It sounds terrible. | 我很抱歉 听起来很恐怖 |
[20:48] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[20:51] | Why are you smiling? This isn’t exactly good news. | 那你干吗笑? 这不是什么好消息 |
[20:54] | Not exactly good news? Honey, this is horrible. | 不是好消息? 亲爱的 真很可怕 |
[20:59] | I knew this was gonna happen. | 我就知道会发生这种事情的 |
[21:01] | Then why aren’t you upset? | 那你怎么不伤心? |
[21:02] | Because I was right. | 因为我是对的 |
[21:04] | Oh, God. I was right. | 天啊 我是对的 |
[21:07] | I was walking around all day pretending | 我一整天都假装 |
[21:09] | there wasn’t gonna be any bad news. | 没发生糟糕的事 |
[21:10] | But here it is: Bad news. Hello, old friend. | 现在终于有坏消息了 喂 老朋友 |
[21:14] | Ray, come on, you’re falling off the wagon. | 雷 别这样 你又重蹈覆辙了 |
[21:17] | No. I’m a pessimist. That’s who I am. | 不 我是一个悲观主义者 这才是我 |
[21:21] | It’s in my blood. | 这是根深蒂固的 |
[21:23] | This is where I feel comfortable. | 这样我才会舒服 |
[21:25] | I’m back. | 我回来了 |
[21:27] | No, Ray, you are just sick. | 不 雷 你真是有病 |
[21:29] | You’re not happy unless you’re miserable. | 如果你不痛苦的话 你不会开心的 |
[21:32] | Bingo. | 说中了 |
[21:34] | Come on, let’s go have some crummy leftovers… | 来吧 我们吃点丰盛的剩菜 |
[21:37] | and then after dinner, we’ll just | 然后 我们就 |
[21:39] | sit like lumps and watch a stupid video. | 跟木头一样坐着看傻瓜录象带 |
[21:42] | The kids broke the VCR. | 孩子把录像机弄坏了 |
[21:53] | Yeah, honey… | 对 亲爱的 |
[21:56] | as miserable as it sounded, it’s even worse. | 在这里真的很惨 比想象中更惨 |
[22:00] | All right, I’ll see you in a week and a half. | 好 一周半后见 |
[22:03] | Yeah, I still got my toes. | 我会留着我的脚趾 |
[22:05] | Okay, bye. | 好的 拜拜 |
[22:07] | I love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[22:09] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 |
[22:11] | Honey, don’t hang up. | 亲爱的 别挂断 |
[22:14] | My lips are stuck! | 我的嘴唇粘住了! |
[22:18] | Hello? | 喂? |
[22:21] | I knew this would happen. | 我就知道会发生这种事 |