时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | Honey. | 宝贝. |
[00:18] | I’m awake, right? | 我没走错吧? |
[00:21] | I have these dreams sometimes. | 到是经常梦见这样. |
[00:24] | I’m Helen, from Tupperware. | 我是helen,从塔珀容器公司来. |
[00:26] | Yeah, that’s one of them. | 对,很象那儿的风格. |
[00:31] | Ray, I’m so glad you’re home. You gotta help me get set up for this party. | 雷,真高兴你到家了. 你的帮我来弄这个聚会. |
[00:36] | -What? That thing is tonight? -That thing? | 什么?就在今晚? 今晚? |
[00:39] | Ray, I told you about this party again this morning. | 雷,我今天早还还又和你说了 一次聚会的事. |
[00:42] | You know, you never listen to anything I say. | 你从来都不听我说什么. |
[00:44] | Well, you say a lot. | 对,因为你说的太多了. |
[00:48] | Who are the pizzas for? | 给谁买的比萨? |
[00:50] | See, here’s the funny thing. | 瞧,这里有个兔宝宝. |
[00:54] | A couple of the guys might be coming over to watch the fight. | 好要来几个人, 你想让他们看咱俩吵架? |
[00:58] | Maybe. Might be. | 可能,或许. |
[01:02] | I have been planning this Tupperware party for weeks. | 我计划这个塔珀容器聚会已经几个星期了 |
[01:05] | Look, the fight’s only tonight. | 听着,我不想整晚吵架. |
[01:07] | Come on, you can get plastic jugs any time. | 算了吧,你随时都能买到塑料水壶. |
[01:10] | That’s not a jug. That’s our innovative Pick-A-Deli. | 这不是水壶. 是我们创新的熟食容器 |
[01:14] | Its easy lift-up strainer lets you select a pickle without getting your fingers wet. | 抬起虑网能轻易的拿出泡菜 而且不会弄湿你的手指. |
[01:23] | We’ve been living like animals. | 我们能和动物生活在一起了! |
[01:32] | Come on, don’t ruin tonight for me. I’m only doing this to see my friends… | 别这样,别搞砸了我的聚会\N我只有办聚会才能跟我的朋友们见上一面。 |
[01:36] | for once, and to have a little fun. | 弄点小娱乐。 |
[01:37] | And to find out what’s on the cutting edge of food storage systems. | 还有找出切冻肉的最佳办法。 |
[01:48] | Yeah. Hi. | 嗨 |
[01:52] | Ray, very classy. Pay-per-view and dates. | 雷,太贵族化了,按次付费节目和约会对象。\N(雷叫来同事和父兄一起看CABLE LlNE的按次收费节目\N这种按次付费的有线电视节目在美国非常普遍\N雷蒙一家看得最多的频道应该是ESPN) |
[01:59] | Do I pick them, or do they pick me? | 是由我选她们,还是由她们选我? |
[02:03] | -Are these guys staying? -No, they’re only here to watch the fight… | -这些家伙要呆在这儿?\N-不,他们是来看拳击赛的… |
[02:07] | which they’ll be watching in the bedroom. | 说好了他们只能在楼上卧室看。 |
[02:09] | Bedroom? The hot zone! | 卧室?那可是亲热的好地方。 |
[02:14] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[02:16] | Listen, Ray, here’s the deal. I’m letting your friends stay. | 听着,雷,这是规则。\N我让你朋友们留下。 |
[02:19] | -Thank you. -They’re not allowed to touch anything. | -谢谢。\N-但是他们不许碰任何东西。 |
[02:22] | I don’t want them looking in the closet or the drawers or trying on my shoes. | 我不许他们看壁橱,抽屉,不许他们试穿我的鞋子。 |
[02:34] | What’s with the broads? | 为什么这么宽敞? |
[02:37] | Here’s what’s gonna happen. | 我告诉你发生什么。 |
[02:39] | Guys, upstairs for the fight, and ladies, down here for your crap. | 男生们,上楼看拳赛。\N女生们,楼下扯扯蛋。 |
[02:46] | -Let’s go. Ready? -Yeah. | -我们走,好了么? |
[02:48] | Just wanted to say goodbye to Amy. | 跟艾美说句再见。 |
[02:50] | Bye, honey. Have fun. | 回见,亲爱的,玩得高兴。 |
[02:57] | See you later, Amy. | 待会儿见,艾美。 |
[03:01] | Okay, girls, it’s time to play Barnyard Bingo. | 好,女生们,到了谷仓赌博时间了。 |
[03:05] | -Winner gets a melon baller. -Way to go. | -赢的那个拿瓜果切片机。\N-开始了。 |
[03:09] | Everybody think of your favorite barnyard animal. | 每个人想一个\N你们喜欢的谷仓动物。 |
[03:12] | -Horse. -Deb. | -马\N-戴比。 |
[03:15] | The chicken! | 鸡! |
[03:20] | Raymond, I got your crab and artichoke dip for your sports thing. | 雷蒙,我给那个体育聚会送螃蟹和蓟酱来了。 |
[03:27] | -What’s all this? -Big Tupperware party. | -这都是什么?\N-大型特百惠家庭聚会。(特百惠是美国著名的家居制造企业\N世界企业500强之一,塑料家居用的发明商\N该公司其中一个推销手段就是让销售员在社区成员\N家里召开所谓的特百惠聚会来促 |
[03:29] | Tupperware? | 特百惠家庭聚会? |
[03:31] | Debra’s giving a Tupperware party? | 黛布拉举办特百惠聚会? |
[03:35] | I didn’t know anything about this. | 我怎么一点都不知道? |
[03:40] | Ray, I told you to invite your mother. Did you forget? | 雷,我叫你去邀请你妈的。\N你给忘了? |
[03:58] | Yes, I did. | 是,我忘了。 |
[04:02] | Sorry, Marie. Listen, just have a seat. I’ll get you a soda. | 对不住,玛丽,听着,去坐下\N我给你拿汽水。 |
[04:05] | We’re playing a game. You have to think of your favorite barnyard animal. | 我们正玩一个游戏,你要想一个\N你喜爱的谷仓动物。 |
[04:10] | I like that movie Babe, with the talking pig. I’ll be that. | 我喜欢那个儿童电影,一起谈论小猪的那个。\N我会谈的。 |
[04:17] | What do you think, Debra? | 你是怎么想的,黛布拉? |
[04:19] | I’m gonna get the sodas. | 我要去拿汽水。 |
[04:25] | Honey, I’m sorry. | 亲爱的,对不起。 |
[04:27] | -l totally forgot you told me to invite her. -You didn’t forget. | -我完全忘记了你让我邀请她来着。\N-你没忘。 |
[04:31] | I never told you to invite her because I didn’t want her here. | 我从来没跟你说过邀请她的事。\N我就不想要她来。 |
[04:38] | So this wasn’t my fault? | 那么这不是我的错咯? |
[04:41] | I just can’t believe that I can’t have one night with my friends… | 我简直不敢相信,我连一晚没有她只有朋友们的日子都没有… |
[04:45] | without her here butting in and making me crazy. | 她让我发疯的想用头撞墙。 |
[04:48] | What’re you going to do? Call off the party… | 你要怎么做?取消聚会?… |
[04:52] | and maybe let my friends come down and watch the fight on the big TV? | 然后或许让我跟朋友们下楼来\N在大银幕电视机上看拳赛? |
[04:57] | No, Ray. I’m just gonna make the best of this. | 不,雷,我要好好对待这件事。 |
[05:00] | I have my friends here… | 我有朋友们在这儿… |
[05:02] | and maybe your mother will buy a lot of Tupperware. | 也许你妈会买很多塑料也说不定。 |
[05:05] | That’s the spirit. | 就是这种精神。 |
[05:07] | Come on, Debra, we need you. You’re our chicken. | 来吧,黛布拉,我们需要你\N你是带头的。 |
[05:12] | Cock-a-freaking-doodle-doo. | 带头的死的最惨。 |
[05:16] | So Bernie says to me, “All right, I’m gonna get the curtain rods for the bay windows.” | 所以伯尼对我说 “好把,我去把\N窗帘杆子从窗户上拆下来。” |
[05:21] | What, you think he measures it first? No. He says to me: | 你认为他原本就知道尺寸么?\N他对我说: |
[05:24] | “l can eyeball it.” | “我可以目测。” |
[05:26] | Why don’t men ever want to measure anything? | 为什么男人们总是不想去\N丈量任何东西呢? |
[05:28] | Why do you think? | 你以为呢? |
[05:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[05:37] | Anyway, I gotta tell you… | 不管怎么样,我要告诉你… |
[05:39] | he had to go back to that hardware store 12 times. | 他不得不回\N五金店12次。 |
[05:44] | Twelve times to buy curtain rods? | 12次就为了买个窗帘杆子? |
[05:47] | Maybe Bernie’s fooling around. | 说不定伯尼是借机去鬼混。 |
[05:53] | I have to use your phone. | 我得用一下电话。 |
[05:58] | Okay, for more free Tupperware, it’s time to play Guess Whose Nighty? | 好吧,接下来的时间里\N是时候进行猜睡衣的游戏了。 |
[06:06] | Did everybody put their nighty in the bag? | 所有人都把衣服放在这个袋子里了吧? |
[06:09] | I didn’t bring one. I wasn’t told about the party. | 我没带过来。\N我不知道有这个聚会。 |
[06:14] | -Well, why don’t you pick first? -Okay. | -好,为什么你不先挑一件呢?\N-好的。 |
[06:22] | I guess Amy. | 我猜是艾美的。 |
[06:25] | Amy? No. | 艾美?不是吧? |
[06:26] | Hell, I never wear it. | 见鬼,我从来没穿过。 |
[06:29] | Actually, I bought it special for this game. | 实际上,我专门买了应付这个游戏的。 |
[06:34] | Really. Robert’s never seen it. | 真的,罗伯特从来没看到过。 |
[06:40] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[06:44] | -Let’s pick again. -Okay. | -我们再挑一件。\N-好的。 |
[06:49] | -My, what is this? -Marie! | -天啦,这是什么?\N-玛丽! |
[06:52] | It’s not your turn. You had your turn already. | 没有轮到你。\N你已经轮过了。 |
[06:55] | -l wore that on my honeymoon. -I’m so sorry, Gail. | -这是我蜜月旅行穿的。\N-对不起,吉尔。 |
[06:58] | I could just…. Put it back– | 我应该这样… 把这个放后面– |
[07:00] | Bernie’s not home. I called the office, I called Nemo’s. Where is he? | 伯尼不在家里,我打电话去了办公室\N还有尼莫店里,他究竟在哪儿? |
[07:05] | My God, I was only joking, dear. | 我的天,我刚才只是开玩笑,亲爱的。 |
[07:08] | I never would have said anything if I thought he was cheating. | 如果我觉得他是在骗人\N我可没想要说他的坏话。 |
[07:13] | -You call that a fight? -Fight? | -这也叫做拳击?\N-拳击? |
[07:15] | I thought those two guys were gonna skip out of the ring and go antiquing. | 我想那两个家伙应该脱下冠军戒指\N然后去古董店零售。 |
[07:20] | Want to catch a good fight? Wait till Debra sees our bedspread. | 你想看真正的拳击?\N等到黛布拉看到我们的床罩…. |
[07:25] | Good night, ladies. Anybody need a ride? | 美好的夜晚,女士们,有没有要送一程的? |
[07:28] | What’s your hurry? Stay a while. I made my special dip. | 这么急干么?再多呆一会儿。\N我做了我拿手的甜酱。 |
[07:32] | Ma, we’ve eaten already. Really. | 妈,我们已经吃过了,真的。 |
[07:34] | But what about all this food that Debra made, that nobody touched? | 但为什么黛布拉做的所有食物\N都没有人肯碰呢? |
[07:39] | What are these? Sandwiches? | 这些是什么?三明治? |
[07:43] | Mrs. Barone, I don’t know what’s in this dip, but if you weren’t married…. | 布朗女士,我不知道如何形容这甜酱,\N但如果你没有结婚的话…. |
[07:48] | Take her. I’ll throw in the dip. | 带她走,我把酱都给你打包。 |
[07:54] | Sorry, Debra, I have to go. | 对不起,黛布拉,我必须走了。 |
[07:58] | -Tell Bernie I said hi. -Yeah, right. | -告诉伯尼我像他问好\N-恩,是啊。 |
[08:02] | Come on, guys, sit down. | 都过来,大伙,坐下。 |
[08:04] | Marie, I’m sure Ray’s friends are not interested in Tupperware. | 玛丽,我确信雷的朋友们\N不会对特百惠聚会感兴趣。 |
[08:07] | Actually, I could use some new ice trays. My cubes smell. | 其实,我应该用些新出的冰盘。\N我的立体嗅觉。(这里的意思是存贮冰块或者冷藏食物的托盘\N他说立体嗅觉的意思就好像变形金刚里声波做的那种能量盒子。) |
[08:13] | Amy, what is this doing here? Did Ma see this? | 艾美,这东西怎么会在这儿?\N妈看到了这个? |
[08:20] | -Holy crap! lt’s a whole bag of nighties. -No, Frank, that’s…. | -一堆驴屎!一整包内衣耶。\N-不,法兰克,那是…. |
[08:26] | -lt’s for a game. Just– -I’m in! | -是游戏用的–\N-我参加! |
[08:31] | You know, I should probably get going, too. | 我或许也该走了。 |
[08:34] | Please wait, there’s still lots of free stuff here. | 请等下,\N那儿仍旧有很多东西呢。 |
[08:37] | At least take catalogs. This territory blows. | 至少带商品目录回去。真是灰头土脸。 |
[08:43] | -Please, can’t you stay? -Bye. | -对不起,你也不能留下么?\N-再见。 |
[08:45] | You know, these guys are leaving in just a…. | 这些人马上就要离开了…. |
[08:47] | God, this not what I wanted! | 天啊,这可不是我想要得结果! |
[08:50] | Of course it isn’t, dear. | 当然不是了,亲爱的。 |
[08:52] | Nobody wants to give a bad party. | 没人想弄个糟糕的聚会。 |
[09:04] | Honey, that Tupperware stuff is pretty good. | 亲爱的,那个特百惠的东西很好用。 |
[09:07] | I just did my whole back with that scrub brush. | 我刚用了那个塑料刷子清洁了我整个后背。 |
[09:10] | That’s for fruit. | 那是刷水果的。 |
[09:15] | You might want to rinse that. | 你可能需要好好清洁一下刷子了。 |
[09:19] | -Still mad about the party? -No, I’m fine. | -还在为聚会的事生气?\N-不,我很好。 |
[09:21] | Good. What’s that you’re writing there? | 好,你在那儿写什么呢? |
[09:24] | Letter to your mother. | 给你妈妈写信。 |
[09:34] | Why? | 为什么? |
[09:38] | Well, to start with, she ruined my party. | 起因是她搅了我的聚会。 |
[09:42] | -You’re writing that? -Yup. | -你在写那个?\N-是啊。 |
[09:44] | But it’s just for therapy, you’re not gonna send– | 但是这只是为了发泄一下\N你不会真的去寄– |
[09:47] | I’m sending it. | 我要寄。 |
[09:49] | No, stop and listen for a second. | 不,停下来然后听我说。 |
[09:51] | If anybody ruined the party, it was the guys, and they were my fault. | 如果有人搅了聚会的话,是那些男生们\N而这是我的错。 |
[09:55] | So you should write me a letter! | 所以你应该把信写给我! |
[09:57] | Ray, I can’t keep blaming her for everything if I’ve never been honest with her… | 雷,我不能再继续这么指责她每件事情了\N如果我永远不和她开诚布公的话… |
[10:01] | and I have never actually told her how she makes me feel… | 而我从来没有真正的告诉她\N我内心的感受… |
[10:04] | when she does the things she does. | 当她做了那些她已经做了的事情时。 |
[10:05] | But you don’t put that in writing! | 但是你不能写下来! |
[10:10] | If it’s in writing, then you can’t deny it! | 如果你写下来,你就无法抵赖了! |
[10:13] | You can’t say things like: | 你就不能说比如: |
[10:15] | “You didn’t hear me right,” or, “l didn’t say that. You misunderstood”… | “你没有完全听我说完” 或者是\N”我没有说那些,你误解我了”… |
[10:19] | because there it is in writing! | 因为那些写下来会成为实证。 |
[10:21] | If it were up to you, you’d have me do nothing. | 如果你能做的话\N你总是让我什么都不做。 |
[10:24] | Let’s not underestimate nothing. | 什么都不做可不是简单的事啊。 |
[10:28] | I’m not spending the rest of my life this way… | 我再不能花费我一生的时间\N弄这个… |
[10:30] | with your mother saying she’s sorry that you ever married me. | 让你妈说她对你曾经娶了我感到抱歉。 |
[10:33] | -What? She’s never said that! -She doesn’t have to say it to say it. | -什么?她从来没这么说过!\N-她没必要为了说这些而说这些。 |
[10:37] | -Everything she does says it. -Like what? | -所有事情她已经说了。\N举个例子。 |
[10:39] | Like when she rewashes the kids’ clothes… | 比如当她重洗孩子们的衣服… |
[10:42] | and then she rewashes the kids. | 接下来她重洗孩子们。 |
[10:46] | Look, all that stuff my mom does, that’s how she helps. | 瞧,我妈做的所有事情。\N都是说明她是如何想帮助你。 |
[10:51] | No, Ray. That’s how she criticizes. | 不,雷,是说明她如何责备我。 |
[10:54] | Only good can come from this letter, and I’m doing it. | 唯一能好起来的办法就是写这封信\N我要做这个。 |
[11:19] | No, don’t do it. | 不,别干傻事。 |
[11:21] | -Don’t! -Get off! | -别!\N-放手! |
[11:26] | -Stop it. -l had to try. | -停止。\N-我必须试试。 |
[11:31] | You know what you could try, Ray? | 你知道你要试什么么,雷? |
[11:35] | You could try supporting me. | 你应该试着支持我。 |
[11:38] | All right, okay. You’re right. | 好吧,你是对的。 |
[11:42] | I’m gonna support you. Look. | 我会支持你,瞧。 |
[11:46] | Just because I can’t confront my mother… | 只是因为我无法对抗我妈… |
[11:48] | doesn’t mean I should stop you from doing it. | 不代表我就一定要阻止你去对抗。 |
[11:51] | Thank you, Ray. I appreciate it. I do. | 谢谢,雷,我很感谢,真的。 |
[11:57] | You know what I need? | 你知道我需要什么么? |
[11:59] | -A hug? -More paper. | -一个拥抱?\N更多的信纸。 |
[12:11] | -Hi, there. Want some waffles? -Yeah, sure, thanks. | -嗨,亲爱的,吃点华夫饼干?\N-好的,谢谢。 |
[12:19] | You guys get your mail yet? | 你们已经拿了今天的信件么? |
[12:23] | -No. Why? -‘Cause I was just…. | -没有,干么?\N-因为我只是…. |
[12:26] | I was wondering, because we didn’t get ours either… | 我在想\N因为我们住的不远… |
[12:29] | and sometimes we might get something of yours… | 有时候\N我们可能会拿了你们的… |
[12:31] | and you might get something of ours. | 你们可能会拿了我们的… |
[12:34] | What do you get of mine? | 你从我这儿拿了什么? |
[12:37] | -l don’t know, just junk mail. -Like what? | -我不知道,只是垃圾邮件\N-比如说? |
[12:41] | -Whatever. Flyers and coupons. -Where are they? | -不管是什么,广告和优惠卷什么的。\N-都在哪儿? |
[12:45] | -l threw them out. -You threw out coupons? That’s money! | -我都扔了\N-你把优惠卷都扔了?那也是钱! |
[12:51] | All I’m saying is that you might get some of my mail. | 我所说的意思是\N你们可能拿了我的邮件。 |
[12:54] | -How much were the coupons for? -l don’t know! | -多少钱的优惠卷?\N-我不知道! |
[12:57] | Jeezaloo! Did you get the one for carpet cleaning? | 圣祖基督!里面有没有一张地毯清洁的? |
[13:00] | -l don’t know. Maybe. -That’s a $10 coupon! I was looking for that! | -我不知道,也许有。\N-那是10块钱的优惠啊!我一直在等那个! |
[13:05] | Dad, I’ll give you $20 if you stop talking about this. | 爸,我给你20块\N只要你停止再讨论这些。 |
[13:08] | -You think I won’t take it. I’ll take it! -I’ll give it to you. | -你以为我不会要?我就要了!\N-我现在就给你。 |
[13:11] | It’ll teach you a lesson. | 我要给你上一课。 |
[13:14] | -You’re not taking his money. -I’m gonna take it. | -你不能拿他的钱\N-我就拿。 |
[13:17] | Because how else is he going to learn? He’s gotta stop throwing out people’s mail! | 因为要怎么让他去学会\N他得停止乱扔别人邮件的习惯! |
[13:22] | But that’s not how you do it. | 但是不能像你这么干。 |
[13:24] | If you wanna teach him a lesson, you make him clean the carpet himself. | 如果你想给他上一课\N你就应该让他自己去清理地毯。 |
[13:28] | That he’ll remember. | 那样他才记得住。 |
[13:29] | You want boysenberry, or maple syrup, dear? | 你需要草莓口味的还是蜂蜜口味的,亲爱的? |
[13:33] | Maple. | 蜂蜜。 |
[13:37] | -Waffles? -Yeah. How many? | -华夫饼干?\N-是啊,要多少? |
[13:39] | Six. Boysenberry. | 六块,草莓味。 |
[13:41] | -is that the mail? -I’ll get it for you, Dad. | -今天的信?\N-我来拿给你,爸。 |
[13:45] | Hands off, sticky fingers. | 放手,偷偷摸摸的人。 |
[13:48] | Crap. | 狗屎。 |
[13:53] | Coupon! | 优惠卷! |
[13:56] | Here’s one that made it through. | 这张终于安全到达了。 |
[14:06] | -Marie, do we need our chimney swept? -No. | -玛丽,我们有烟囱要清理么?\N-不。 |
[14:08] | Here, this is for your collection. | 拿去,这是给你的收藏品的。 |
[14:12] | Marie, this is a letter for you. | 玛丽,这儿有你的信。 |
[14:16] | -How nice. -Ma, are we eating or reading? | -真好啊。\N-妈,我们是吃东西还是读书? |
[14:20] | This is odd. lt’s from Debra. | 这是头一回,是黛布拉寄来的。 |
[14:22] | You know what that is? That’s the invitation to the Tupperware party. | 你知道那是什么么?那是邀请你去特百惠聚会。 |
[14:26] | -But you already went and had a good time. -No, that’s not an invitation. That’s a letter. | -但你已经去过了而且玩的挺开心\N-不,那不是邀请卡,那是一封信。 |
[14:31] | It’s an invitation. lt’s got a lot of pages like this… | 是邀请函\N很多页那种就像这个… |
[14:34] | because it has directions to our house. | 因为要写你们家地址么。 |
[14:41] | This is your mother’s mail. What is wrong with you? | 这是你妈的信件\N你到底怎么回事? |
[14:47] | Dear Marie. | 亲爱的玛丽。 |
[14:50] | “This letter has been a long time coming.” | “这是一封迟了很久的信” |
[14:55] | It must be a thank-you note. | 一定是感谢信。 |
[14:58] | Oh, yeah? | 哦,是么? |
[15:01] | -Dad, give it to me. -No. What does it say? | -爸,把它给我\N-不,上面说些什么? |
[15:04] | For eight years now, I’ve held my tongue… | 八年来,我尽量管好我的言语… |
[15:08] | and never told you howhurtful and destructive… | 从没有告诉过你\N你有些时候的行为… |
[15:13] | “your behavior can sometimes be.” | 造成了多大的伤害和破坏。 |
[15:16] | My God. | 我的天啦。 |
[15:26] | -l have to go. -Sit down. | -我必须走了。\N-坐下。 |
[15:28] | Ma, this is between you and Debra. | 妈,这是你跟黛布拉之间的事情。 |
[15:30] | You should go over there and read that yourself, and let me out. | 你应该走到那儿去\N读给自己听,让我离开这儿。 |
[15:34] | We have no secrets in this family. Keep reading, Frank. | 我们这个家里没有秘密\N继续念,法兰克。 |
[15:38] | With pleasure. | 非常乐意。 |
[15:41] | Just because we are family, and happen also to be neighbors… | 只因为我们是一家\N而且也同时是邻居… |
[15:46] | does not give you the right to constantly interfere… | 不是给你理由\N来经常打扰… |
[15:49] | in every aspect of my life… | 我生活中的每个环节… |
[15:59] | “from raising my children to my choice of liquid fabric softener.” | “从养育我的孩子们\N到我衣物液体柔滑剂的选择。” |
[16:04] | I want you guys to know right now that Debra has a drinking problem. | 我要你们知道一件事现在。\N黛布拉有酗酒的问题。 |
[16:11] | Keep reading. | 继续念。 |
[16:14] | -Come on, Dad– -Stop it. | -别这样,爸-\N-停下来。 |
[16:17] | I’m sure you don’t even realize… | 我相信你并没有意识到… |
[16:19] | “when you’re being overbearing, critical, and intrusive.” | “当你变得蛮横无礼\N吹毛求疵,无孔不入的时候” |
[16:25] | isthis a petition? | 这是不是请愿书什么的? |
[16:28] | Where do I sign? | 我在哪儿签我名字? |
[16:32] | -All right, I’ve heard enough. -Mom. | -好了,我已经听够了。\N-妈。 |
[16:43] | “Dear Debra.” | “亲爱的,黛布拉。” |
[16:47] | Ma, not another letter, please. | 妈,不要再有一封信了,求你了。 |
[16:49] | I’m intrusive? Debra’s not the only one who can throw around fancy words. | 我无孔不入?黛布拉不是唯一一个能乱用成语的人。 |
[17:00] | Where’s my dictionary? | 我的字典在哪儿? |
[17:02] | Mom, stop. She didn’t mean it. | 妈,停下,她不是那个意思。 |
[17:07] | -Did you guys happen to get the– -Mail? Yeah. | -你们有没有收到–\N-信?是。 |
[17:15] | -Ray, did everybody read that? -You’re my favorite writer. | -雷,有没有人看过那个?\N-你是我喜爱的作者。 |
[17:31] | -Hello, Debra. -Hello, Marie. | -好,黛布拉。\N-你好,玛丽。 |
[17:35] | I got your special delivery. | 我收到你的特殊货物。 |
[17:40] | Marie, I’m sorry. It was a mistake to send that letter. | 玛丽,对不起。\N寄那封信是一个错误。 |
[17:44] | Now? You say that now? | 现在?你现在才说这个? |
[17:49] | I’ve got to tell you, your timing sucks. | 我得告诉你,你时机选的狂烂。 |
[18:00] | I should have just talked to you face-to-face. | 我应该是跟你面对面的谈谈。 |
[18:04] | Go ahead. | 请开始。 |
[18:06] | I’ve dealt with my fair share of domestic disputes… | 我也想不失偏颇的分享家庭矛盾… |
[18:09] | and everyone should know that this is a high-risk– | 但是人人都知道做这是有极大风险– |
[18:11] | -Eat your waffles, Robbie. -All right. | -吃你的华夫,罗伯特\N-好。 |
[18:19] | Look, Marie, I’m sorry that the letter upset you. | 瞧,玛丽,我很抱歉\N那封信惹你生气。 |
[18:24] | -When I wrote it, I was very angry– -And drunk. | -当我写的时候,我非常生气–\N-还有醉。 |
[18:36] | It’s just that sometimes you’re very hard to talk to… | 只是有时候\N和你交谈很难… |
[18:39] | and so I thought I could say it better in a letter. | 所以我就想\N写信比我对你说要好一些。 |
[18:41] | I think you said it very clearly, Debra. | 我想你已经说的很明白了,黛布拉。 |
[18:44] | You think, among other things, that I’m intrusive, critical– | 你认为,我在你所谓的一些事件里\N吹毛求疵,无孔不入– |
[18:48] | Overbearing. | 蛮横无礼- |
[18:55] | I have always known that you felt that way about me. | 我已经了解\N你对我是什么感觉了。 |
[18:58] | You think I’m all those things? | 你觉得我是那样的? |
[19:00] | Maybe I wouldn’t be that way if I was welcome in your house. | 或许我不会再那样做了\N如果我在你家不受欢迎的话。 |
[19:04] | But, Marie, don’t you see? You’re over all the time. | 但是,玛丽,你没发现么?\N你每时每刻都在我们那儿。 |
[19:08] | You don’t give me a chance to welcome you. | 你没给我机会来欢迎你。 |
[19:17] | Okay. Maybe I am those things sometimes. | 或许我有时候是像你说的那样。 |
[19:21] | But that’s just because that’s my way of trying to make us a family. | 但是那只是因为我试图用那些使我们成为一家人。 |
[19:25] | That’s all I ever want. | 那就是我一直想要的。 |
[19:27] | That is all I want, too… | 那也是我一直想要的… |
[19:30] | is for us to be a family, a real family. | 是让我们成为一家人,真正的一家人。 |
[19:34] | Well, I always thought that you didn’t like my being in your family. | 我总以为你不喜欢我成为你的家人。 |
[19:38] | I thought you didn’t like me being in your family. | 你以为你不喜欢我成为你的家人。 |
[19:41] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么会这么想呢? |
[19:44] | You know when you bring food over to the house? | 你知道当你带着吃的来家里的时候? |
[19:48] | I do it because I care. | 我这么做是因为我在乎你。 |
[19:51] | No, but see, I feel like that’s a criticism. | 不,你看,我觉得像是一种谴责。 |
[19:55] | You know, like you’re saying I’m not as good as you. | 你知道,像是你在说,我没有你做的好。 |
[19:58] | You don’t have to be as good as me. | 你没必要做的比我好呀。 |
[20:08] | -l love you for what you are. -l love you, too. | -我不管如何都爱你。.\N-我也爱你。 |
[20:14] | I’m so glad we talked. | 我很高兴我们这次交谈。 |
[20:17] | Me, too. You know what? | 我也是,你知道么? |
[20:20] | The Tupperware’s in, and it’s over at the house. | 特百惠的人要来\N可能正在路上。 |
[20:22] | -Want to come over and get yours? -I’d love to, honey. | -要过来选选你要的东西么?\N-我很乐意,亲爱的。 |
[20:25] | The little scraper for potato dicing? I love it. | 有带菱形皮装饰的马铃薯刨子么? \N我喜欢那个。 |
[20:29] | -You got to show me how to make those. -l will, and I’ll show you how to freeze them. | -你要给我看看怎么用那个。\N-我会的,我还会给你看看如何保管它们的。 |
[20:47] | What in helI’s bathroom was that? | 为什么她们不在该死的卫生间里做那些? |
[20:58] | I think it was a fight. | 我以为会变成拳击呢。 |
[21:03] | That’s a fight? | 那叫拳击? |
[21:05] | You know, like a woman’s fight. | 你知道的,像是女子拳击什么的。 |
[21:09] | I’m glad we didn’t order that on pay-per-view. | 谢天谢地我们没有在按次收费的节目中预定那个。 |
[21:19] | -Robert, are you crying? -No. | -罗伯特,你是在哭么?\N-没有。 |
[21:36] | See, Ray? That letter actually made your mother and I closer. | 看,雷?那封信实际上让你妈和我更亲密。 |
[21:40] | I told you not to send it. | 我告诉你不要寄的。 |
[21:47] | You don’t understand. | 你还不明白。 |
[21:48] | We had to have that blowout, to get past it. | 我们必须那样爆发一次,让一切过去。 |
[21:51] | Now that we did the letter, and it’s behind us, we can move on. | 现在我们要做的是让那封信成为过去\N我们才能继续生活。 |
[21:59] | What’s Debra’s letter doing in the garbage? | 为什么黛布拉的信在垃圾箱里? |
[22:01] | -You read it already. -You don’t throw this away. | -你已经看过了。\N-你不能把这个扔了。 |
[22:06] | Not ever. | 永远不。 |
[22:11] | Not ever. | 永远不。 |