时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Who wants to be measured first? | 谁要第一来? |
[00:06] | -Me. I do. -Okay, get up here. | 我要. 好,过这儿来. |
[00:07] | Okay, wait a second. | 好,等一下. |
[00:09] | No, she’s got to turn around. Let Daddy show you how it’s done. | 不,她应该转过来, 让爸爸给你示范. |
[00:12] | Then I’m going to lie down. | 或许我应该蹲下来 |
[00:15] | See, shoes off. | 脱掉鞋子 |
[00:18] | Heels against the wall. Feet together, head level. | 脚跟靠墙 双腿并拢,眼睛平视 |
[00:21] | -All right. -Go ahead. | -好了 -量吧 |
[00:23] | Okay. And 5’1 1 and three quarters. | OK,5尺11寸又3/4。 |
[00:26] | What? No, I’m 6 feet tall. | 什么?不,我有6尺高。 |
[00:31] | -Me next. -Not yet. Wait, Ally. | -该我了。 -还没,等一会,艾丽。 |
[00:34] | Let Daddy do it. Do it again. | 让爸爸量,再量一次。 |
[00:39] | -Okay, 5’1 1 and three quarters. -No! | -OK,5尺11寸又3/4 -不! |
[00:43] | It says 5’1 1 and three quarters. | 明明是5尺11寸又3/4 |
[00:46] | You can’t tell on a giraffe. | 你不能以长颈鹿的标准衡量我 |
[00:51] | I’m 6 feet tall, everybody. | 我有6尺高,各位 |
[01:00] | Ray Barone. Black hair, brown eyes, 6 feet tall. | 雷・巴龙。 黑色头发,棕色眼睛,6尺高 |
[01:03] | People say, “Who are you?” I’m 6 feet tall. That’s who I am. | 人们说,“你是谁?” 我是6尺高,这就是我。 |
[01:09] | All right. And… | 好吧,那么…… |
[01:12] | -5’1 1 and three quarters. -Come on. | -5尺11寸又3/4 -不会吧! |
[01:14] | That’s what it says. Look, 5’1 1 and three– | 量出来就是这样,你看,5英尺11寸又…… |
[01:17] | All right. What, you like saying it? | 行了,怎么,你那么喜欢说吗? |
[01:20] | You don’t have to get so upset about it. | 你没必要为此这么不高兴 |
[01:22] | Guys care about height, you know? Just like women care about weight. | 男人对身高很在意,知道么? 就像女人在意体重。 |
[01:26] | I don’t care about weight. | 我才不在乎体重 |
[01:28] | Yeah, you don’t ’cause you only weigh about, what, 1 40? | 是啊,你不在乎 是因为你只有……多少?140磅? |
[01:38] | See? Don’t get on your high horse if you can’t take the smell. | 瞧瞧,别打肿脸充胖子了。 |
[01:46] | Ray, I’m sorry about your height. I still love you, okay? | 雷,对你的身高我觉得很遗憾。 我仍然爱你,OK? |
[01:49] | The kids love you. Don’t you, kids? | 孩子们也爱你,是不是?孩子们 |
[01:55] | See? | 看到了? |
[01:56] | I’m 6 feet tall. | 我有6尺高 |
[01:57] | Honey, maybe you were 6 feet tall, but you just shrunk a little bit. | 亲爱的,也许你本来是有6尺高。 但现在缩了一点。 |
[02:01] | What do you mean, shrunk? | 你什么意思?缩? |
[02:02] | That happens, you know? As you get older, people tend to just…. | 的确是这样的 当人们渐渐衰老,就会…… |
[02:06] | Shrink? | 缩水? |
[02:07] | -lt’s not a big deal. It happens to everyone. -I’m shrinking now? | -没什么大不了的,每个人都会经历。 -我已经开始缩水了? |
[02:10] | Ray, don’t get all, you know…. | 雷,别这样 |
[02:12] | -Oh, my God. I’m shrinking. -Ray! | -哦我的天哪,我缩水了。 -雷! |
[02:19] | Mommy is not 1 40. | 妈咪不是140磅。 |
[02:28] | Man, so close! | 就差几分. |
[02:35] | Listen up, everybody. I’ve got an announcement to make. | 大家伙听着 我要宣布一件事 |
[02:38] | I suck and I quit. | 我缩水了,所以我要退出 |
[02:41] | You only blew the game-winning shot, what’s the big deal? | 你就是丢了致胜的一球而已 不用这么自责. |
[02:44] | Yeah, there’ll be other game-winning shots. Hopefully, you won’t take them. | 对,还会有致胜的一球 还有希望 |
[02:49] | Look, isn’t it obvious? I’m too short to play this game. | 听着,很明显 我的身高不适合打篮球 |
[02:53] | What? | 什么? |
[02:54] | I measured myself yesterday, and I’m a quarter-inch shorter than last year. | 昨天我量身高了 比去年矮了1/4英寸 |
[02:58] | Ray, you could shrink a foot and still not be the shortest guy on the team. | 雷,你就是去了脚也不 是队里最短的一个. |
[03:04] | You could lose a leg and still not be the slowest. | 是,你没了腿也不是最矮的一个 |
[03:10] | Don’t you see? I’m going to keep shrinking. | 你们还不明白 我在持续的缩水 |
[03:15] | Relax, Ray, you weren’t that good to begin with. | 放松,雷 还算不错的开始! |
[03:20] | Raymond. | 雷蒙德,雷蒙德,雷蒙德。 |
[03:24] | Sounds like you’re having a little mid-life crisis. | 听起来你有一点中年危机啊。 |
[03:27] | What? | 什么? |
[03:29] | No, God. Mid-life crisis. I don’t want one of those. | 老天啊,中年危机。 我一点也不想听到这个 |
[03:32] | I do. I can’t wait for mine. | 我想听. 我一直等不到我的中年危机. |
[03:34] | I ‘m going to get a Harley and a girl who’s impressed by Harleys. | 我有个大肚子,可是没有女 孩因为肚子而对我留下印象 |
[03:41] | Debra won’t let me have either of those. | 黛博拉可不愿意我 又矮又有大肚子 |
[03:45] | No, that’s not the problem. | 那不是什么问题 |
[03:47] | Come here, Raygeleh. | 过来,Raygeleh |
[03:51] | You’re worried that you’re not going to accomplish… | 你担心没法完成 |
[03:53] | everything you set out to do in life. | 此生的理想 |
[03:55] | -l am? -Who knows? | -我? -也许吧 |
[03:57] | But I went to this self-improvement seminar to meet women… | 我以前去“提升自我修养”培训班 结识女孩子时 |
[04:00] | and I learned that people with goals don’t worry so much about getting old. | 发现那些有人生目标的人 不太害怕变老 |
[04:04] | -Did you meet anyone? -No one. | -你认识了什么人? -一个也没有 |
[04:08] | Apparently, I don’t appeal to women with goals. | 显然,那些充满人生目标的 女士们对我没兴趣 |
[04:11] | You know what I always wanted to do? | 你们知道我一直想干吗吗? |
[04:15] | Run the New York Marathon. | 参见纽约马拉松 |
[04:19] | -Come on, for real? -Yeah, real. | 真的假的 真的 |
[04:22] | Guys, what is with all this dream crap? | 伙计们,都在说梦话吧? |
[04:25] | Why don’t you go home, hug your fathers, and maybe we’ll win a game. | 你们该回家去,抱抱你们的老爸 或许我们会赢场比赛 |
[04:30] | You should do what they made us do at the seminar. | 你真该去听听那培训班。 |
[04:32] | You make a list of the 1 00 things you want to do before you die. | 列张单子,写上100件 你在死以前想做的事 |
[04:36] | -1 00? -l can come up with, like, four. | -100件? -我可以写出大约……4件左右 |
[04:38] | Easy. | 放松! |
[04:40] | You just think of the stuff that you want in your life that you don’t have. | 你只要想想那些在生活中 你想拥有却没有得到的东西 |
[04:44] | Look, I don’t need any of that, all right? All I need is another quarter-inch. | 听着,我什么都不想要。 我只要我那1/4英寸。 |
[04:49] | Who doesn’t? | 谁又不是呢?! |
[04:58] | “Things to do before I die.” | “我死以前想做的事” |
[05:01] | It’s personal, okay? Like you have your feminine products. | 这是私人物品! 就像你那些女性用品一样。 |
[05:10] | isthis about you shrinking? | 是不是跟你的缩水有关? |
[05:14] | Maybe a little. | 也许是有点 |
[05:17] | Look, the guys… | 听着,人们说 |
[05:19] | thought that the reason the shrinking thing is bothering me… | 之所以缩水的事让我烦恼 |
[05:22] | is ’cause I’m having a mid-life crisis. | 是因为我遭遇了中年危机。 |
[05:24] | Yeah, and I need some goals, you know? Something to shoot for. | 我需要一些目标,知道么? 一些有冲击力的目标。 |
[05:33] | You want to have an affair? | 你想搞婚外恋? |
[05:36] | -What? Where did that come from? -Well, how come you won’t show me? | -什么?这又是从哪儿冒出来的? -那你干嘛不给我看? |
[05:40] | Yeah. I put “have an affair” on paper. | 是啊,我把“搞婚外恋”写在纸上。 |
[05:48] | That’s one of my goals. | 那是我的理想之一。 |
[05:51] | Disappoint another woman. | 再让一个女人失望。 |
[05:59] | Yeah, I get it. | 好啦,我明白了。 |
[06:03] | Look, just give me the list, all right? I just want to see it. | 把单子给我,行吗? 我想看一看 |
[06:06] | Look, just keep in mind, it’s not really done yet. | 只不过是想想而已。 不一定真的去做。 |
[06:10] | “Peking duck, goat cheese pizza.” What is this? | “北京烤鸭,山羊奶酪匹萨。” 这是什么东西? |
[06:15] | I told you, it’s goals and stuff. | 我说过了,就是些目标什么的 |
[06:18] | These are your goals? These are restaurant specials. | 这是你的理想? 这根本就是饭店的菜单! |
[06:22] | I’ve never had the Peking duck. | 我从没吃过北京烤鸭 |
[06:26] | So your goal is just to eat things you’ve never eaten before. | 所以你的目标就是吃你没吃过的东西? |
[06:33] | Not entirely. | 不完全是 |
[06:37] | “Enlarged prostate.” | “前列腺增生” |
[06:42] | See? That’s something that I want to avoid. | 看到了?这是我想避免的东西。 |
[06:47] | Not something I wish to eat. | 不是我想吃的东西 |
[06:57] | -What? -l see. | -什么? -知道了。 |
[06:59] | -What? What are you– -Well, Ray, come on. You’re a writer. | -怎么了?你…… -雷,你可是个作家 |
[07:02] | Don’t you want to do something like write the great American novel or…. | 你难道不想写一部 伟大的美国小说 |
[07:07] | I thought about that, and then I thought… | 我想过,但是…… |
[07:09] | I don’t even want to read the great American novel. | 我甚至没有读过一部 伟大的美国小说 |
[07:13] | Well, there has to be something else you want to do besides: | 好吧,那你除了“绝不再呕吐”之外 |
[07:17] | “never throw up again.” | 就没有别的理想了? |
[07:28] | No. That’s it, see? | 没了。就这些。 |
[07:31] | I got nothing. I got no dreams. | 我一无所有。我没有梦想。 |
[07:33] | Ray, everybody has dreams. | 雷,每个人都有梦想。 |
[07:35] | Yeah? What do you have? What’s on your list? | 是吗?你有什么梦想? 你会在单子上写什么? |
[07:38] | -Me? -Yeah. | -我? -是啊 |
[07:42] | Well, I just thought that after the kids grow up, it might be nice… | 我想等孩子们长大以后…… |
[07:45] | if, I don’t know, we moved upstate… | 我们就搬到郊区 |
[07:48] | and opened a little bed-and-breakfast somewhere. | 开一家“住宿加早餐”(欧式简易旅馆) |
[07:51] | Whoa. Bed-and-breakfast? | 哇,“住宿加早餐”? |
[07:53] | What do you mean, like, strangers coming in and out of our house all the time? | 你的意思是, 让陌生人整天在我们家进进出出? |
[07:57] | Yes, Ray, strangers. I’d like to try strangers for a change. | 是啊,雷,陌生人。 我要找些陌生人来换换新鲜! |
[08:05] | I don’t know. This is all happening too fast. | 我不知道,太突然了。 |
[08:07] | We don’t have to do it today, Ray. I’m just trying to get you thinking. | 我没说现在就做,雷。 我只是让你考虑一下。 |
[08:11] | I’m thinking I’d better come up with something… | 我觉得我最好在你开 “住宿加早餐”之前 |
[08:14] | before I end up with your bed-and-breakfast… | 先想出点什么来 |
[08:18] | tucking in a gay couple from Cleveland. | 投奔一对来自克里夫兰的同性恋夫妇。 |
[08:23] | All right. | 很好。 |
[08:28] | You know what? | 知道吗? |
[08:29] | Maybe the reason that you can’t come up with any goals for yourself… | 也许你想不出 人生目标的原因是 |
[08:34] | is that, in your own Ray way… | 从你的立场看 |
[08:38] | you’re actually content. | 你真的已经很满足了。 |
[08:42] | Where are you picking up that vibe? | 你还真会说啊! |
[08:45] | Look at the facts. You have a great job, a wonderful family… | 看看现实, 你有份很棒的工作,美满的家庭 |
[08:49] | a loving wife who weighs nowhere near 1 40. | 一个爱你的妻子 并且她永远不会重达140磅 |
[08:54] | Yeah, so what are you saying? | 那你的意思是? |
[08:55] | I think maybe you’ve already accomplished more than you’ve ever dreamed of. | 我想也许你早就完成了 你所有的人生梦想了 |
[09:01] | You really think so? | 你真这么想? |
[09:02] | I do. Maybe you’re one of the lucky people who’s actually living his dream. | 是的。你就是那个 生活在梦想里的幸运儿。 |
[09:09] | -Wow. -Yeah. See? You feel better? | -哇噢 -怎么样?感觉好点了吗? |
[09:15] | -What? What, Ray? -I’m thinking… | -怎么了?雷 -我在想 |
[09:19] | if what you said is true, and I’ve already done everything… | 如果你说的是真的, 我已经拥有了一切 |
[09:24] | then I guess this is all there is. | 我猜这些也会有的。 |
[09:55] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[09:56] | Good morning, Raymond. Want some eggs? | 早上好,雷蒙德。 来点鸡蛋? |
[09:58] | No, thanks. Listen, I want to ask you guys something. | 不,谢谢。 听着,我想问你们一些事 |
[10:01] | When I was a kid, do you remember me having a dream? | 当我还是孩子时, 你们记不记得我有什么梦想吗? |
[10:04] | I remember you wetting the bed. | 我记得你尿床 |
[10:08] | No, I don’t mean that. I mean, like, what did I want to be? | 我不是说那个。 我的意思是,我想变得怎样? |
[10:11] | Dry. | 干燥 |
[10:16] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[10:17] | How many eggs, Robbie? | 要多少鸡蛋,罗比? |
[10:19] | Three. Today I’d like them raw, in a glass. | 3个。今天要生的,放在玻璃杯里。 |
[10:22] | What? | 什么? |
[10:23] | I’m in training. Going to be running the New York Marathon this year. | 我在训练。准备参加 今年的纽约马拉松赛 |
[10:27] | -Come on. You’re really going to do that? -That’s right. | -你真的要参加? -没错。 |
[10:30] | Marathon, huh? Put me down for a buck a mile. | 马拉松,嗯? 每英里我出1块钱 |
[10:36] | You don’t pledge for this one, Dad. | 你不必买什么保险,爸爸 |
[10:38] | I’m not pledging, I’m betting. | 我没买保险,我在打赌 |
[10:41] | I say you’ll cry like a little girl by mile two. | 我打赌两英里后你就会哭得像个小姑娘 |
[10:47] | Ray, you want some of this action? | 雷,你也来押一注? |
[10:49] | -Look, at least he’s got a dream, right? -Are you making fun, too? | -至少他还有梦想,不是吗? -你也拿我开心? |
[10:52] | No, I’m actually jealous. You have a dream. I’ve got nothing. | 不,我真有点嫉妒你。 你有梦想,而我一无所有。 |
[10:57] | Nothing? | 一无所有? |
[11:00] | -You’ve got nothing? -What? | -你说你一无所有? -怎么了? |
[11:04] | House, wife… | 房子,妻子 |
[11:07] | little daughter, twin boys. | 小女儿,双胞胎儿子 |
[11:12] | That’s nothing to you? | 那对你来说什么都不是? |
[11:14] | That was my dream! | 那是我的梦想! |
[11:16] | Hello! | 哈喽 |
[11:19] | So why don’t you go take your little mid-life… | 带着你那可怜的中年危机 |
[11:21] | “I’m shrinking, I’m dying, I don’t have any dreams”… | “我在缩水,我在死去 我没有梦想……” |
[11:25] | and go right back across the street to paradise. | 穿过马路回到你的乐园去吧 |
[11:30] | Look, you don’t understand– | 你根本不理解…… |
[11:32] | Yeah, I don’t understand. | 是啊,我不理解 |
[11:34] | Just go, because I’m going to tell you something. I have…. | 算了吧,我告诉你 我…… |
[11:52] | Are you all right, Robert? | 你还好吗?罗伯特 |
[11:54] | Yeah, fine, Ma, I’m fine. | 是的,我很好,妈 |
[11:58] | What? What do you…. | 怎么了?你…… |
[12:00] | Put the– | 把脚…… |
[12:06] | Guess I’m just going to have to scratch dream number two off my list. | 估计我要把第二条理想 从单子上划掉了。 |
[12:18] | Go ahead and cook those eggs, Ma. | 继续做你的鸡蛋,妈 |
[12:23] | I should have put my money on warm-up. | 看来我得把钱热一热了。 |
[12:26] | Raymond, why didn’t you tell us you were having a mid-life crisis? | 雷蒙德,你为什么不告诉我们 你被中年危机困扰? |
[12:31] | The announcements are still being printed, Ma. | 声明告示还在打印,妈 |
[12:33] | Here, sit down, have some eggs. | 来,坐下,吃点鸡蛋 |
[12:38] | You know what I always wanted to do, Ray? | 你知道我一直想做什么吗?雷 |
[12:40] | Sing like Tony Bennett. | 像Tony Bennett那样唱歌 |
[12:43] | Tony Bennett? | |
[12:45] | That’s right. But look at me. Am I Tony Bennett? | 是啊,看看我, 我是Tony Bennett吗? |
[12:53] | No. | 不 |
[12:55] | You see, you do a thing, and that’s what you are. | 瞧,你去做了,那就是你 |
[12:59] | One guy lives in Brooklyn. | 有人住在布鲁克林 |
[13:01] | One guy lives in Sutton Place. | 有人住在Sutton Place. |
[13:04] | Another guy’s a lawyer, one guy is a doctor. | 有人是律师,有人是医生 |
[13:07] | Another guy dies, another guy gets well, people are born– | 有人死去,有人痊愈。 人们不断出生…… |
[13:11] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在瞎扯些什么啊? |
[13:14] | Don’t worry so much. You die. You did what you did. | 没什么好担心的。你死了。 就是做了该做的事。 |
[13:20] | Stop saying “die.” lt’s obvious Raymond’s afraid of dying. | 别说“死”了 你看不出来么,雷蒙德害怕死亡。 |
[13:24] | What am I supposed to tell him? That it’s not going to happen? lt’s going to happen. | 那我该跟他说什么?人不会死? 人都要死的。 |
[13:29] | You’re going to die! | 你肯定会死的! |
[13:43] | Thank you, Dad. | 谢谢,爸爸 |
[13:45] | There you go. | 这不就是了 |
[13:47] | Now, Raymond, you know, we are all afraid of death. | 雷蒙德,我们都害怕死亡 |
[13:50] | But the important thing is to be ready. | 但重要的是有所准备 |
[13:52] | See, your father and I have all we need, right in here. | 看,你爸爸和我都做好准备了 在这儿 |
[13:57] | We have our will and our insurance… | 我们有遗嘱,有保险。 |
[14:01] | and the deed to our burial plot. | 还有我们的丧葬安排 |
[14:05] | Where’s the permit to the neighbors’ parade? | 有邻居们的检阅许可证吗? |
[14:14] | -Frank, what is this? -What? | -弗兰克,这是什么? -怎么了? |
[14:18] | Our joint burial plot. It only mentions one. Where’s the other plot? | 我们的合墓。这里只提到一个。 另一个去哪了? |
[14:22] | What, who cares? I sold it. | 管他呢,我卖掉了。 |
[14:26] | You sold half of our joint burial plot? | 你把我们合墓卖掉了一半? |
[14:29] | The people next door had an unexpected death. | 隔壁那家伙突然死了 |
[14:32] | They were very upset. | 他们很难过 |
[14:34] | I got twice what I paid for it. | 我赚了两倍呢 |
[14:37] | It wasn’t yours to sell. | 这又不是你一个人的! |
[14:38] | I sold my half of the plot. | 我卖我的那一半! |
[14:40] | How do you know it wasn’t my half, Frank? | 你怎么知道那一半就不是我的?弗兰克 |
[14:42] | I always sleep on the left. | 我总是睡在左边。 |
[14:48] | And when were you going to tell me about this? | 你打算什么时候告诉我的? |
[14:51] | I wasn’t. | 我不打算告诉你。 |
[14:52] | I figured if you went first, you couldn’t yell at me. | 我想如果你先死, 你就不能冲我发飙了。 |
[14:56] | And if I went first, yell all you want. | 如果我先死, 你想冲谁发飙都行。 |
[15:04] | You have always wanted to leave me, haven’t you? | 你总是想离开我,是不是? |
[15:07] | Till death do us part, Marie. After that you’re on your own. | 只有死亡会把我们分开,玛丽。 到那时你就自由了。 |
[15:16] | Why don’t you fulfill one of my dreams, and leave me alone now? | 你何不满足我一个愿望, 现在就让我清静会吧! |
[15:20] | Holy crap! We found something we have in common. | 他妈的,我们终于有共同语言了 |
[15:25] | How bad can death be? | 死又何惧? |
[15:37] | -Hey, cornflake. -Hi. | -嘿,玉米片 -嗨 |
[15:40] | ln a good mood, huh? | 心情不错嘛 |
[15:42] | Yeah, I did a lot of productive thinking today. | 是啊,我今天考虑了很多 有意义的事情 |
[15:44] | -Yeah? -Going to be cremated. | -说说看? -我打算火葬 |
[15:51] | What? | 什么? |
[15:53] | Yeah, I think it just makes sense, you know? | 我觉得这很有意义,你说呢? |
[15:56] | More sense than burial. I’m not all that gung ho about decomposing. | 比土葬好多了。 不用被细菌齐心协力地分解掉。 |
[16:01] | How did you get onto this? | 你怎么说起这个来了? |
[16:03] | Look, it pays to think about these things. | 这确实得好好想想 |
[16:05] | Hey, don’t be like that, either. I don’t want a big, sad funeral. | 嘿,别这样。 我不想要一个隆重而悲伤的葬礼。 |
[16:09] | You know, make it like a celebration. | 该把它搞得像个庆典。 |
[16:12] | People telling stories, funny anecdotes about me. Like a roast. | 人们讲讲故事,传颂我的生平佳话 像一个露天烧烤晚会 |
[16:20] | What is wrong with you? | 你发什么神经? |
[16:23] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[16:25] | I found a cemetery that can fit us all in. | 我找到一处可以把我们都装进去的公墓 |
[16:33] | Misery, your company’s here. | 惨了,你的同僚来了 |
[16:38] | It’s beautiful. | 那美极了 |
[16:41] | But it may be a little tight. | 就是有一点拥挤 |
[16:44] | One of us has to be vertical. | 我们其中得有一个站着。 |
[16:49] | I don’t know, Ma. I’m thinking of going cremation. | 我不知道,妈。 我在考虑火葬。 |
[16:51] | Oh, you want to go off on your own, too? | 噢,你也要自顾自地? |
[16:55] | This family is falling apart. | 这个家要四分五裂了。 |
[16:58] | -This does look nice, though. -See? | -这个看起来倒不错。 -是吧? |
[17:01] | Debra, would you mind being the vertical one? | 黛博拉,你不介意站着吧? |
[17:05] | Why Debra, Ma? | 为什么是黛博拉,妈? |
[17:06] | It can’t be your brother, his head would stick out of the ground. | 你哥哥肯定不行。 那样他的头就会露出地面。 |
[17:11] | Hey, how about a wood chipper? | 嘿,锯木机怎么样? |
[17:14] | Then we could all fit into one big trash bag. | 那样我们都可以装进一只大垃圾袋里了。 |
[17:17] | That’s morbid, dear. | 那太变态了,亲爱的 |
[17:20] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[17:23] | Deb, you should look at this. lt’s pretty good. | 黛博,你该来看看这个。 真的很不错。 |
[17:29] | You’re going to die, you know. | 你也会死的。 |
[17:37] | I know you’re not excited about spending eternity with my parents… | 我知道,死了都和我爸妈 呆在一起很不爽 |
[17:41] | but it’s not going to be like now, when all they have to do is cross the street. | 但那时和现在会完全不同 现在他们只需要穿过一条街…… |
[17:46] | I mean, they’re going to have to bust out of their coffins… | 那时他们得 从棺材里爬出来…… |
[17:52] | and tunnel through the dirt… | 在墓地里挖条通道 |
[17:59] | just to get to our coffin. | 才能到我们的棺材 |
[18:02] | And then they’re banging and…. | 他们还得砰砰地敲打 |
[18:05] | -We could pretend we’re not even there. -Shut up! Stop it! | -我们可以假装不在…… -闭嘴!别说了 |
[18:10] | Stop talking about coffins. | 别再说“棺材”这两个字 |
[18:13] | So you want to do cremation with me? | 你想和我一起火化? |
[18:16] | Ray, you’re supposed to be having a mid-life crisis, not an end-of-life crisis. | 雷,你不过是有点中年危机罢了 不是死亡危机 |
[18:23] | Look, don’t tell me how to have a mid-life crisis, okay? | 别教导我该怎么 面对中年危机,OK? |
[18:27] | -What would you know about it? -Because I’ve already had mine. | -你对此了解多少? -因为我自己也经历过 |
[18:32] | Really? | 真的? |
[18:34] | Yes, a while ago. | 是的,不久前。 |
[18:37] | Was that the perm? | 是不是从那次烫头发开始? |
[18:45] | -No. -‘Cause that didn’t look good. | -不是 -就因为烫得不好看? |
[18:47] | It was two years ago. | 是在两年前。 |
[18:50] | You never acted like you were having a mid-life crisis. | 你看起来一点也不像中年危机的样子 |
[18:54] | Ray, look at me. | 雷,看着我 |
[18:57] | I’m rubbing cream on my hands. | 我在往手上涂乳霜。 |
[18:59] | Do you know why I’m rubbing cream on my hands? | 你知道为什么要涂乳霜吗? |
[19:03] | Because it’s hand cream? | 因为那是护手霜? |
[19:10] | No, because my skin isn’t as soft and smooth as it used to be. Have you noticed? | 不,是因为我的手不如从前那么柔软光滑了。 你注意到没有? |
[19:15] | -l didn’t want to say anything– -Shut up, Ray. | -我什么都不想说的…… -闭嘴,雷 |
[19:20] | That is why every night I take this cream… | 所以我每晚都用护手霜 |
[19:24] | and desperately try to turn back the clock. | 拼命地想倒转时间 |
[19:26] | And even though I know it’s a losing battle, I still do it anyway. | 即使我知道这注定是场败仗 但我还是去做。 |
[19:30] | That is how you have a proper mid-life crisis. | 这才是正确地面对中年危机 |
[19:34] | You do not start planning your death. | 你不用开始考虑你的死亡。 |
[19:36] | You go into denial like a normal person. | 你简直是怪胎 |
[19:42] | -Give me your shoes. -What? | -把你的鞋子给我 -什么? |
[19:48] | All right, but I think my shoes are soft enough. | 好吧,但我想我的鞋子太软了…… |
[19:50] | Just give them to me. | 快给我 |
[19:54] | When you started going all nuts about the height thing… | 当你开始对身高耿耿于怀时 |
[19:57] | I bought these as a joke. | 我出于闹着玩的心态买了这个 |
[19:59] | But now I think they’re actually going to help. | 不过我现在 觉得它们有用了 |
[20:03] | So stick these on. | 把它们垫上 |
[20:04] | Come on. These aren’t going to do anything. | 算了吧,没用的 |
[20:07] | You want to be 6 feet tall? Put them on. | 你想有6尺高?穿上它们 |
[20:10] | I’m not wearing lifts. | 我才不踩高跷 |
[20:12] | They’re not lifts. They’re extra-thick Odor-Eaters. | 这不是高跷 这是加厚防臭鞋垫~ |
[20:17] | Two birds with one stone. | 一举两得 |
[20:22] | Look, this doesn’t really mean I’m 6 feet tall. | 听着,这不代表我真有6尺高。 |
[20:25] | Hey, this cream doesn’t mean my hands are any softer than they used to be. | 嘿,这些护手霜也并不会 让我的手比以前更柔软 |
[20:29] | I don’t know. I’m talking about death, here, okay? | 我不知道, 我在讨论死亡,OK? |
[20:32] | You really think some cheap insoles are going to change my outlook…. | 你真以为几块便宜的鞋垫 就能改变我的人生观? |
[20:35] | These are kind of bouncy. | 好像真的有精神一点了 |
[20:38] | Little spring in your step there, young man? | 一个很不错的改进,年轻人! |
[20:43] | Yeah, whatever. Come on, who am I really fooling here? | 随便吧。 我到底在愚弄谁啊? |
[20:46] | You’ve only got to fool one person. | 你只能愚弄一个人 |
[20:49] | And if I recall, that person once asked me if Jell-O was a fruit. | 如果我没记错,这个人曾经问过我 “果子冻是不是水果” |
[21:01] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:03] | Listen, you do whatever you need to do. | 去做你该做的事吧 |
[21:07] | As for me, I’m going to put these tea bags on my puffy eyes… | 至于我呢 我要用茶包敷眼袋了 |
[21:10] | and dream about my bed-and-breakfast by the lake. | 做个美梦,关于湖边的“住宿加早餐” |
[21:14] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:16] | Hey, can you put these in sneakers? | 嘿,能不能在运动鞋里也垫两块? |
[21:19] | Put them anywhere you want. | 你想放哪儿都行 |
[21:31] | Feeling tall and smelling good. | 感觉很高,闻着很香 |
[21:37] | ldiot. | 白痴。 |
[21:44] | Frank, you want your ice cream or not? | 弗兰克,要不要冰激凌? |
[21:47] | He’s not here, Ma. | 他不在,妈 |
[21:49] | Where did he go? | 他去哪儿了? |
[21:50] | I don’t know. He said Ray got him thinking. | 我不知道。 他说雷让他深思。 |
[21:53] | Ray got him thinking? | 雷让他深思? |
[21:54] | Yeah, you believe that? | 是啊,你敢相信吗? |
[21:57] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[22:00] | I left my heart | 我失去了心灵 |
[22:06] | in San Francisco | 在圣弗朗西丝科 |
[22:12] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. My wife thinks I’m in the bathroom. | 谢谢,女士们先生们。 我的妻子以为我在浴室 |
[22:17] | High on a hill | 站在山峰之颠 |
[22:22] | It calls to me | 它在呼唤着我 |