时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:34] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[00:35] | – You’re… – Marie de Guise. | -您是 -玛莉·德·吉斯 |
[00:36] | Your future mother-in-law. | 你的未来岳母 |
[00:37] | It’s a nuptial contract. | 这是婚礼合同 |
[00:40] | – He confessed to your night in Paris. – Oh, no. | -他向我坦诚了你们在巴黎的那一夜 -不是吧 |
[00:42] | Wouldn’t it be best if we just told Francis the truth? | 我们干脆告诉弗朗西斯真相不更好吗 |
[00:45] | No! For me, it would not. | 不 对我来说 这样一点也不好 |
[00:46] | Marry Lord Julien. | 嫁给朱利安大人 |
[00:48] | He came to France looking to make a good marriage. | 他来法国的目的就是联姻 |
[00:50] | He could give your child a name. | 他可以给你孩子一个名分 |
[00:52] | – You promised me someone with a title. – Fine. | -你答应把我嫁给贵族的 -好吧 |
[00:54] | Bash, I hereby declare you the Master of Horse and Hunt. | 巴斯 在这里我任命你为骑马狩猎之主 |
[00:57] | What does that even mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[00:59] | Shut up and say the words. | 闭上嘴然后宣誓 |
[01:00] | Please! This is marriage. | 拜托了 这是婚姻 |
[01:02] | It can’t be undone! | 这是无法弥补的 |
[01:03] | Say the words! | 宣誓啊 |
[01:13] | Your shaving mirror is useless. | 你的刮脸镜根本不能用 |
[01:15] | We’ll have your dressing table and mirror brought in. | 随后让他们把你的梳妆台和镜子搬来 |
[01:18] | And where would they go? | 搬来放哪里 |
[01:21] | I don’t understand why I couldn’t stay in my old chambers. | 我不明白为什么我不能住以前的房间 |
[01:23] | – Because you’re married. – Yes, I know. | -因为你结婚了 -是的 我知道 |
[01:25] | The king’s bastard, no less, | 我想嫁的是贵族 |
[01:26] | when I asked for a man of title. | 结果却跟国王的私生子成亲了 |
[01:28] | The King gave me one. | 国王赐给了我头衔 |
[01:29] | The “Master of Horse and Hunt”? | 骑马狩猎之主 |
[01:31] | That’s something Henry made up. | 那是亨利编造的 |
[01:33] | It comes with no wealth, no land. | 徒有虚名 没有财富也没有土地 |
[01:36] | The title I was expecting was the Duke of Anjou, | 我说的头衔是昂儒公爵那种 |
[01:39] | with a chateau in Anjou, | 在昂儒有城堡 |
[01:40] | with a suite of rooms in Anjou. | 还有一套大房子 |
[01:42] | You act as though this were my fault. | 你表现得好像这是我的错一样 |
[01:43] | I’m no happier about it than you. | 我并不比你高兴 |
[01:45] | You? What do you have to complain about? | 你 你有什么好抱怨的 |
[01:47] | You’re now married to a beautiful woman of noble birth. | 你现在娶了一个贵族出身的美女 |
[01:49] | Who’s notorious for sleeping with my father. | 她因和我父王上床而臭名昭著 |
[01:51] | I see no awkwardness there. | 还真是一点也不尴尬啊 |
[01:53] | Yes, well… it’s all in the past. | 好吧 都已经过去了 |
[01:55] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[01:56] | We both know Henry. | 我们都了解亨利 |
[01:57] | We know he enjoys the privileges of kingship. | 我们知道他享受着国王的特权 |
[02:00] | As you enjoy the privileges of… | 而你享受着… |
[02:02] | whatever it is a relationship with my father can get you. | 我父王和你的关系带给你的特权 |
[02:04] | You make it sound as though | 你让我听起来像是 |
[02:05] | I’m the most self-centered woman in France. | 法国最以自我为中心的女人 |
[02:07] | Oh, I can’t say that. | 我可不敢妄下断言 |
[02:08] | I haven’t met all the women in France. | 法国女人我还没见个遍呢 |
[02:09] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[02:10] | Then all I care about it me. | 我是只在乎我自己 |
[02:13] | And all you care about is Mary. | 而你在乎的只有玛丽 |
[02:17] | I’m not jealous, truly. | 我不嫉妒 真的 |
[02:19] | But a love like that, | 但是那种爱 |
[02:21] | could destroy both of our lives. | 可能会害我俩丧命 |
[02:25] | She’s married. | 她结婚了 |
[02:26] | It’s in the past. | 那都是过去的事了 |
[02:30] | All right, yes, I see your point. | 好吧 我明白你的意思 |
[02:32] | We both need to keep our pasts in the past. | 我们都不要旧事重提了 |
[02:35] | This is our life now, Kenna. | 这是我们现在的生活 肯娜 |
[02:37] | It’s not what we chose, | 这并非我们选择的 |
[02:38] | but we’re married before King and God, | 但我们是在国王和上帝面前结婚的 |
[02:40] | till death. | 生死相伴 |
[02:43] | I won’t pretend I love you, but… | 我不会装作我爱你 但是 |
[02:45] | we should probably start liking each other at least. | 我们至少应该开始喜欢对方 |
[02:49] | From the Sultan in Constantinople. | 君士坦丁堡的苏丹王送来的 |
[02:51] | How long will they keep coming? | 到底还有多少啊 |
[02:53] | Oh, my mother said gifts for her wedding | 我母后说她的结婚贺礼 |
[02:54] | were drifting in for a good year. | 源源不断送了一整年 |
[02:56] | A bridle? | 马勒 |
[02:58] | For the Arabian thoroughbred | 是给您马厩里的 |
[02:59] | now in your stables, Your Grace. | 阿拉伯纯种马准备的 陛下 |
[03:02] | Better try it on your wife. | 最好戴在你妻子身上 |
[03:03] | It may help you to keep her in hand. | 这样会帮你好好控制她 |
[03:10] | Music. | 音乐 |
[03:12] | Care for a dance? | 想跳支舞吗 |
[03:15] | Thank you for understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[03:17] | Does the court truly not notice the change in your father? | 宫廷其他人真的没发现你父王的变化吗 |
[03:19] | Any who do are keeping their mouths shut. | 发现了的人也不敢多说 |
[03:22] | And the rest attribute my father’s behavior to his temper. | 其余的人把父王的行为归咎于他的脾气 |
[03:26] | France cannot be governed by a mad king. | 法国不能由一个发疯的国王来统治 |
[03:31] | He’s ill, Mary. | 他生病了 玛丽 |
[03:33] | They can find no trace of poison, | 他们找不到下毒的痕迹 |
[03:34] | perhaps something is wrong. | 也许是这其中出问题了 |
[03:37] | He needs our compassion. Time to recover. | 他需要我们的同情 需要时间康复 |
[03:39] | And what if he doesn’t recover? | 如果他没法康复呢 |
[03:43] | My mother’s doing her best to divert important matters | 母亲在试图亲自处理 |
[03:45] | from the king to her; | 重要的事情 |
[03:48] | trying to run the country behind my father’s back; | 试图背着父亲治理国家 |
[03:50] | keeping the world from seeing how sick he is. | 不让众人发现他病得有多重 |
[03:53] | These days he seems infatuated by Penelope. | 这些天他好像被佩内洛普迷住了 |
[03:55] | He barely even notices affairs of state. | 他甚至都不关心国事了 |
[03:58] | She may be a blessing in disguise. | 她的出现可以说是塞翁失马焉知非福啊 |
[04:06] | How’s Lord Julien? | 朱利安大人怎么样 |
[04:08] | He’s charming. | 他很迷人 |
[04:09] | We’ve been riding, walking in the hills… | 我们一起骑马 在山里漫步 |
[04:12] | He taught me to skate. | 他还教我滑冰 |
[04:14] | He makes me laugh. | 他能让我开心 |
[04:15] | And? | 然后呢 |
[04:16] | For a man we know is looking for a wife, | 我们都知道他要寻觅伴侣 |
[04:18] | he’s been slow off the mark. | 他的行动可真够迟缓的 |
[04:21] | I’m going to be showing any day now. | 我很快就要显孕了 |
[04:24] | What if he’s not the right man? | 如果他不是对的那个人呢 |
[04:26] | Maybe I don’t really please him. | 也许我不能让他满意 |
[04:28] | Or maybe he just needs a push. | 或者也许他只是需要别人推他一把 |
[04:33] | Oh, he’ll get a push. | 会有人推他一把的 |
[04:39] | Lady Lola. | 萝拉小姐 |
[04:41] | You’re a vision of grace. | 你很优雅 |
[04:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:44] | Such a lovely night, isn’t it? | 今晚真美好 对吧 |
[04:46] | Such beautiful music. | 音乐真好听 |
[04:51] | Would you honor me with a dance? | 你想和我跳支舞吗 |
[04:52] | I thought you’d never ask. | 我还以为你不会问呢 |
[04:56] | You’re unusually clear | 你居然直爽地说出了 |
[04:57] | on what you desire from others, Lady Lola. | 想从别人那里得到什么 萝拉小姐 |
[05:04] | I’m not complaining. | 我不是在抱怨 |
[05:06] | We’re well matched. | 我们确实天造地设 |
[05:08] | We could be two annoyingly direct people together. | 两个直肠子可以相伴一生 |
[05:11] | So I’ll say, directly, | 所以我就直说了 |
[05:14] | that I’m in a mood for marrying. | 我想娶你为妻 |
[05:16] | But I fear I’m not the husband most women would want. | 但我可能不是众人眼中的好丈夫 |
[05:20] | That’s nonsense. | 怎么可能 |
[05:22] | You’re titled, wealthy and good company. | 你有钱有地位 人又好 |
[05:24] | And you were patient when you taught me to skate. | 你教我滑冰的时候也很有耐心 |
[05:27] | Is patience important when it comes to choosing a partner? | 选择伴侣时耐心重要吗 |
[05:29] | We live in a world where marriage is a risk; | 这个世界上 婚姻就是冒险 |
[05:32] | where a husband may become a tyrant. | 丈夫可能会变成暴君 |
[05:35] | I think most women would count themselves lucky to be yours. | 我觉得能嫁给你应该很幸运了 |
[05:39] | Women run more risks than that, Lola. | 女人还冒了更大的风险 萝拉 |
[05:45] | I was married twice before. | 我之前结过两次婚 |
[05:46] | Both my wives died in childbirth. | 前两任妻子都死于生产 |
[05:49] | They died in blood and pain. | 她们在鲜血和痛苦中死去了 |
[05:52] | Far too young. | 英年早逝 |
[05:53] | I won’t go through that again. | 我不想再经历那种痛苦了 |
[05:56] | That’s why I’ve decided never to have children. | 所以我决定终生不要子嗣 |
[05:59] | What?! | 什么 |
[06:00] | I can’t lose anyone else that way. I refuse. | 我不能再那样失去心爱之人了 我不能 |
[06:03] | I don’t need heirs; | 我不需要子嗣 |
[06:04] | my line would continue, I have brothers. | 家族的血脉也会流传下去 我还有兄弟 |
[06:07] | But, I-I-if you want to marry… | 但是 如果结婚… |
[06:09] | There are ways to prevent conception. | 我有办法不让你怀孕 |
[06:11] | That thought needn’t upset you. | 所以你不用担心这个 |
[06:14] | We’d be happy. | 我们会幸福的 |
[06:15] | I, uh, I-I suppose. | 我…应该会吧 |
[06:18] | That’s grand. | 太好了 |
[06:20] | Would you consider doing me the honor | 你愿意嫁给我 |
[06:22] | of becoming my wife? | 做我的妻子吗 |
[06:26] | Say, “Yes.” | 快答应 |
[06:28] | Please. | 快点 |
[06:30] | Yes. | 我愿意 |
[06:36] | I have an announcement to make. | 我有事宣布 |
[06:39] | The beautiful creature standing beside me… | 我身边的这位美人… |
[06:42] | has agreed to be my wife. | 答应做我的妻子了 |
[06:53] | I’m so sorry, Your Majesty. | 对不起 陛下 |
[06:55] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[06:55] | Wait a moment, then follow me out. | 等一会儿跟我出去一下 |
[06:57] | There’s something you should know. | 我有事跟您说 |
[07:01] | Why should I believe a word that you say? | 我为什么要相信你的话 |
[07:03] | I know you’re one of Catherine’s ladies-in-waiting. | 我知道你是凯瑟琳的侍女 |
[07:05] | I am one of Catherine’s ladies. | 我是凯瑟琳的侍女 |
[07:06] | One of her special ladies. | 但是个特殊的侍女 |
[07:07] | They call us the “Flying Squad.” | 他们称我们为”机动队” |
[07:09] | We’re trained and polished | 我们都受过特殊训练 |
[07:10] | and sent to sleep with important noblemen | 然后被派去跟贵族上床 |
[07:13] | and report back to her. | 再回去向她报告 |
[07:14] | Haven’t you ever wondered why she knows so very much? | 你就没想过为什么她知道那么多事吗 |
[07:16] | It can’t all be from servant gossip. | 不可能都是听下人八卦知道的 |
[07:18] | Well, I’m sure you’re well rewarded | 那你们跟人上床然后再背叛他们 |
[07:20] | for making love to men and then betraying them. | 肯定会得到丰厚的回报吧 |
[07:21] | We are. | 是的 |
[07:23] | This time, the queen has overstepped. | 但这次王后有点过分了 |
[07:25] | She asked me to seduce the king, | 她让我去勾引国王 |
[07:27] | to remove him from Penelope’s influence | 好让他抛弃佩内洛普 |
[07:29] | and see that he was engaged with someone | 然后再找个自己能控制的人 |
[07:31] | that Catherine could control. | 跟国王在一起 |
[07:32] | I’m sure that would be quite a notch on your belt. | 那你以后肯定就有机会飞黄腾达了吧 |
[07:35] | The most powerful man in France. | 如果勾引到法国最有权势的人 |
[07:36] | He’s the most dangerous man in France. | 他是法国最危险的人 |
[07:38] | The queen briefed me. | 王后都跟我说过了 |
[07:40] | Too well. | 说得很清楚 |
[07:42] | A mad king? | 国王已经疯了 |
[07:43] | I’m not going near him. | 我不会去接近他的 |
[07:46] | So you told Catherine “No”? | 那你拒绝凯瑟琳了吗 |
[07:48] | The queen does not react well to refusal. | 王后不喜欢被人拒绝 |
[07:51] | I must leave France. | 所以我必须离开法国 |
[07:52] | Quickly. | 尽快离开 |
[07:53] | You could arrange it. | 你可以帮我安排 |
[07:54] | You could find me sanctuary in Scotland. | 你可以帮我在苏格兰找到栖身之地 |
[07:57] | In exchange for what? | 你拿什么跟我交换 |
[07:58] | I have information that is vital | 我知道对你还有苏格兰的安全 |
[08:01] | to your safety and Scotland’s. | 至关重要的信息 |
[08:06] | Where’s Francis? | 弗朗西斯呢 |
[08:07] | – I really need him. – He’s gone to the stables | -我找他有事 -他去马厩 |
[08:09] | to see the new thoroughbred. | 看新到的纯种马了 |
[08:11] | I think half the men went with him. | 应该有一半的男人都跟他一起去了吧 |
[08:14] | Well, this will be awkward. | 那就要尴尬了 |
[08:35] | Hurry. | 快 |
[08:38] | – Not so fast. – I pay my debts. | -先别急 -我有恩必报 |
[08:41] | Your Grace, when you signed your marriage contracts, | 陛下 你签署婚姻契约之时 |
[08:44] | you didn’t know that there was a secret clause | 并不知道他们在其中增加了 |
[08:46] | slipped in among them. | 秘密条款 |
[08:47] | It promises that if you die without an heir, | 内容是如果你无后去世 |
[08:49] | Scotland will belong to France. | 那苏格兰将归法国所有 |
[08:52] | How do you know this? | 你怎么会知道 |
[08:54] | I was ordered to sleep with the bishop, | 当时我奉命去跟主教上床 |
[08:56] | see if he was open to amending the contracts. | 就是为了看看他是否愿意修改订约 |
[09:00] | Drive! | 走吧 |
[09:01] | Be careful, Your Grace. | 保重 陛下 |
[09:03] | Without an heir, you’re worth more to them | 没有子嗣 你死了的话 |
[09:04] | dead than alive. | 对他们更有价值 |
[09:16] | A “Secret clause”? | 秘密条款 |
[09:18] | This is exactly the sort of trick | 我的家人 |
[09:20] | my family would pull. | 就会使这种手段 |
[09:21] | Well, the contracts went on forever, page after page. | 当时签署的订约内容那么多 |
[09:24] | Some were even in Latin. | 有地方甚至是拉丁文写的 |
[09:25] | Well, I’m sure it was well hidden. | 肯定藏得很隐秘 |
[09:26] | I’m going to go to my mother and demand to know if it’s true | 我马上去找我母亲问问她这是不是真的 |
[09:28] | and what the hell she and my father think they’re doing. | 问问她跟我父亲到底在搞什么 |
[09:30] | They think they’re getting insurance. | 他们肯定是想以防万一 |
[09:32] | In case I’m not cooperative | 以防我不愿意 |
[09:33] | in laying claim to the throne of England. | 继承英格兰王位 |
[09:35] | If I don’t provide an heir… | 如果我没有子嗣… |
[09:36] | Then there’s a sword hanging over you. | 那你就时刻都有危险 |
[09:39] | If you’re not named the English Queen’s successor, | 如果你不是英格兰女王的继承人 |
[09:40] | my father can cut his losses, kill you | 那我父亲会想办法把你杀了 |
[09:43] | and gain Scotland to use | 拿到苏格兰 然后将之用为 |
[09:45] | as his staging area to invade England. | 入侵英格兰的集结地 |
[09:47] | If he can’t use me to get England while I’m alive… | 如果我活着的时候不能帮他拿到英格兰 |
[09:51] | he’ll use me dead. | 他就会置我于死地 |
[09:54] | Francis, don’t tell your mother just yet. | 弗朗西斯 先不要告诉你母亲 |
[09:56] | I don’t want her to know that we know. | 我不想让她知道我们已经知情了 |
[09:58] | We must find out if Charlotte was telling the truth | 我们得查清楚夏洛特是说了实话 |
[10:00] | or if she just concocted a story to get herself out of France. | 还是胡乱编了个故事以逃出法国 |
[10:05] | We need to get that contract. | 我们得拿到婚约 |
[10:05] | It’s the only way to confirm what Charlotte said is true. | 只有这样才能确认夏洛特所言非虚 |
[10:08] | Where does the king keep his important papers? | 国王会把重要文件放在哪里 |
[10:10] | In his chambers, mostly. | 一般在他的寝室 |
[10:12] | The guards are unlikely | 卫兵不太容易 |
[10:12] | to let you or me in without a good reason. | 把我俩放进去 除非有好的理由 |
[10:16] | There’s one person I know that they will let in. | 我知道他们会放谁进去 |
[10:20] | There’s a special paper I need to find and… | 我要找一份特殊的文件 |
[10:24] | …it’s in Henry’s chambers. | 它在亨利的寝室里 |
[10:27] | Mary, the king’s lost his mind! | 玛丽 国王已经疯了 |
[10:29] | I’d be taking my own life into my hands. | 我这相当于自杀啊 |
[10:31] | Also, I’m a married woman and I promised Bash. | 而且我已经结婚了 也跟巴斯保证过 |
[10:32] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[10:34] | And if you can’t do it, I won’t press you. | 如果你不行 我不会逼你 |
[10:37] | But you should know what I need you to look for. | 但你得知道我需要你找什么 |
[10:40] | Henry and Catherine… | 亨利和凯瑟琳 |
[10:42] | have betrayed the alliance. | 背叛了同盟 |
[10:45] | They deceived me into signing a contract | 他们欺骗我签了订约 |
[10:47] | that gives our Scotland to the French. | 把苏格兰拱手献给法国 |
[10:49] | If I die without an heir, | 如果我没有子嗣就死去 |
[10:51] | Scotland will lose her freedom. | 苏格兰将会失去自由 |
[10:54] | That cannot happen. | 这绝不能发生 |
[10:55] | We must do something. | 我们得采取行动 |
[11:02] | The king is not in his chambers, Lady Kenna. | 国王不在寝室 肯娜小姐 |
[11:05] | He asked me to wait for him. | 他让我在这里等他 |
[11:42] | “Paragraph two. | 第二段 |
[11:44] | “In case of wife’s death… | 如果妻子死去 |
[11:46] | My lord! | 陛下 |
[11:59] | Kenna. | 肯娜 |
[12:04] | I know why you’re here. | 我知道你为什么来这里 |
[12:06] | You do? | 你知道吗 |
[12:11] | You miss me. | 你想我了 |
[12:16] | It’s a copy. | 这是份副本 |
[12:17] | Without my signature. | 没有我的签名 |
[12:18] | Who knows where the original is. | 谁知道原版在哪里 |
[12:22] | I’m sorry, Mary. | 我很抱歉 玛丽 |
[12:22] | You’ve been betrayed. | 你被背叛了 |
[12:25] | This is nothing more | 这就是个准许 |
[12:25] | than a license to murder whenever it’s convenient. | 随意杀人的许可证 |
[12:28] | It’s not just a threat to me. | 这不仅仅对我是个威胁 |
[12:29] | It’s a threat to my country. | 对我的国家也是 |
[12:31] | This alliance was supposed to strengthen us | 这个同盟应该壮大我们对抗英格兰的力量 |
[12:33] | against England, not sell us out. | 而不是出卖我们 |
[12:37] | I’ll write to my mother. | 我要给我母亲写信 |
[12:38] | – When she hears of this… – Mary, it’s not just my family | -让她知道这件事 -玛丽 不仅仅是 |
[12:40] | that’s betrayed you. | 我的家人背叛了你 |
[12:41] | Your mother’s advisor spent hours | 你母亲的使臣花了几小时 |
[12:43] | going over the contracts. | 来审查这份婚约 |
[12:46] | I’ve just looked through the ledgers of the Treasury. | 我刚刚去查了国库的账本 |
[12:49] | On the day of our marriage, a surprisingly large payment | 在我们结婚当天 有一大笔钱 |
[12:52] | was made to Marie de Guise | 被转给了玛莉·德·吉斯 |
[12:53] | for services rendered the crown. | 就因为提供了王冠 |
[13:00] | She was desperate for money to prop up her rule, | 她急需金钱来支撑她的统治 |
[13:02] | and I’m sure she thought that this was an easy way to get it. | 我相信她认为这是个挣钱的好方法 |
[13:04] | That you would conceive an heir, | 她以为你会怀上子嗣 |
[13:05] | live a long and happy life, | 过上幸福快乐的生活 |
[13:07] | and never even know about it. | 以为你永远不会知道这件事 |
[13:09] | We will have a son, Mary, in time. | 我们会有儿子的 玛丽 在不久的将来 |
[13:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:16] | We can’t hand this off to someone else. | 我们不能把这交给其他人 |
[13:19] | All of our parents are in on it. | 我们双方的父母都牵涉其中 |
[13:20] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:21] | They won’t lift a finger to change things. | 他们不费吹灰之力就可以改变一切 |
[13:24] | Unless they’re forced. | 除非他们被人所迫 |
[13:27] | My mother is under immense pressure | 我母亲面对着来自 |
[13:29] | from the Protestant faction in Scotland. | 苏格兰新教教派的巨大压力 |
[13:31] | They would love to oust her | 他们想要推翻她的统治 |
[13:33] | and see the nation under Protestant rule. | 让新教徒统治国家 |
[13:35] | What if they found out | 如果他们发现了 |
[13:37] | that she had sold out her country for money? | 她为金钱背叛了国家 那会怎样 |
[13:40] | Her political enemies. | 她的政界敌人 |
[13:41] | Don’t you think that they would use that against her? | 你不觉得他们会以此反抗她吗 |
[13:43] | They’d whip up Scotland into a frenzy. | 他们会在苏格兰掀起巨浪 |
[13:46] | To save her rule, she’ll have to deny it. | 为了维持统治 她必须否认 |
[13:48] | Say she’d never think of doing such a thing. | 她必须说她从没做过这样的事 |
[13:50] | Publicly distance herself from ever trying it. | 必须公开与秘密条款撇清关系 |
[13:53] | She would have to find her copy of the contract. | 她会去找到自己手里的那份婚约 |
[13:55] | And burn it. | 然后烧掉它 |
[13:57] | And when France sees Scotland baying for French blood… | 当法国看到苏格兰想要让自己付出代价 |
[13:59] | It’ll be the same. | 他们也会这样做 |
[14:01] | My father is obsessed with England. | 我父亲痴迷于夺取英格兰 |
[14:02] | He doesn’t want to waste the lives of his troops | 他不会浪费兵力 |
[14:04] | on a pointless war with Scotland. | 和苏格兰打毫无意义的一仗 |
[14:06] | – And my mother… – No, she knows this is no time for a war. | -而我母亲 -她知道现在不适合打仗 |
[14:09] | Not with a mad king leading the army. | 不能让疯王领导军队 |
[14:12] | Francis, if this works, | 弗朗西斯 如果成功了 |
[14:14] | your parents will have to burn the evidence. | 你父母就必须烧掉证据 |
[14:15] | It’ll be as if the contract never existed. | 就像那份契约从来没出现过 |
[14:17] | Once the news is in Scotland, | 一旦这则消息传到苏格兰 |
[14:19] | we can trust your mother’s enemies to do the rest. | 剩下的你母亲的敌人就会搞定了 |
[14:22] | But are you sure you want to do it this way, Mary? | 但你确定你要这样做吗 玛丽 |
[14:24] | You are setting your mother up for a very hard time. | 你会让你母亲的日子很不好过 |
[14:27] | Then she shouldn’t have deceived me. | 那她一开始就不应该欺骗我 |
[14:29] | My first duty is not to my mother. | 我并不效忠于我母亲 |
[14:32] | I am the Queen of Scotland, | 我是苏格兰的女王 |
[14:33] | not the Queen of Marie de Guise. | 而不是玛莉·德·吉斯的女王 |
[14:36] | Well, the hard part of the plan will be getting | 那这计划最难的部分就是 |
[14:37] | the word out of France. | 把消息传出法国 |
[14:40] | My mother will be suspicious | 我母亲会怀疑 |
[14:41] | of any letters addressed to Scottish Protestants. | 每一封寄往苏格兰新教徒的信 |
[14:46] | I think the next step… | 我觉得下一步… |
[14:48] | is to have a party. | 是开一场派对 |
[15:04] | Did you have to invite quite so many… | 你一定要请这么多… |
[15:07] | Scots? | 苏格兰人吗 |
[15:09] | Diplomacy. | 这是外交手段 |
[15:11] | I want my countrymen to know | 我想让我的臣民知道 |
[15:12] | that France doesn’t have all of my attention. | 我并不是所有的注意力都在法国上 |
[15:14] | I don’t suppose you | 你有没有见过 |
[15:17] | have seen my lady Charlotte around, have you? | 我的侍女夏洛特 |
[15:19] | She seems to have disappeared. | 她好像失踪了 |
[15:23] | Because someone said they saw her speaking with you. | 因为有人告诉我看到她和你谈过话 |
[15:28] | My ladies can be quite temperamental sometimes. | 我的侍女有时有点喜怒无常 |
[15:32] | They’re like disgruntled servants | 她们就像因打破陶器而被赶走 |
[15:34] | who get turned out for breaking the crockery. | 并因此心怀不满的仆人一样 |
[15:37] | They blame their mistress. | 她们会反过来埋怨女主人 |
[15:39] | And carry lying tales. | 还散播谣言 |
[15:42] | She only said she was sorry | 她只是为把酒洒在 |
[15:43] | for spilling her drink on me. | 我的礼服上的事向我道歉 |
[15:46] | But I will bear your warning in mind | 但如果我们有交谈的话 |
[15:47] | if I ever have a conversation with her. | 我会谨记您的警告的 |
[15:53] | If she finds out, if she’s even suspicious, | 如果她发现了 哪怕只是有所怀疑 |
[15:56] | she could do anything. | 可能会不择手段 |
[15:57] | She’s just irritated that we’ve invited | 她只是不满我们邀请了 |
[15:59] | every Scot within a hundred miles of French court. | 法国宫廷方圆百里内所有的苏格兰人 |
[16:02] | All to hide our interest in just one. | 这么做是为了掩盖我们真正想找的那个人 |
[16:05] | Lord McKenzie is concluding a deal with the French military | 麦肯基勋爵正在和法国军队谈一笔生意 |
[16:08] | to provide wool for their uniforms. | 他希望能为军队的制服提供羊毛 |
[16:11] | He’s expected to go home any day now. | 他随时可能回苏格兰 |
[16:14] | Anyone we trust | 任何一个我们信任他 |
[16:15] | to make the news public in Scotland | 会将消息带回苏格兰并公之于众的人 |
[16:16] | could go straight to Marie de Guise instead | 都可能背叛我们直接去找玛莉·德·吉斯 |
[16:18] | and demand payment for their silence. | 自己从中捞一笔封口费 |
[16:20] | Years ago, he fought with my father | 多年前 他曾在抗击英格兰的战役中 |
[16:21] | against the English. | 同我父王并肩作战 |
[16:23] | He is a loyal man. | 他非常忠诚 |
[16:24] | Years ago, | 那是多年前的事了 |
[16:25] | he was a loyal man. | 只能说 他曾经很忠诚 |
[16:26] | He has spent the time since then | 自那之后 他就过着 |
[16:27] | becoming a wealthy, comfortable man. | 富裕 舒适的日子 |
[16:30] | Will he want to anger the French government? | 他会愿意惹怒法国政府吗 |
[16:32] | Risk losing his business deal? | 而且还是冒着丢了生意的危险 |
[16:35] | I suppose we’ll find out. | 我们会知道的 |
[16:48] | Henry is adding diamonds to my crown | 亨利要给我的王冠加钻 |
[16:50] | to sparkle as I do, he says. | 他说那样王冠才能像我一样闪耀动人 |
[16:53] | Don’t you think a royal crown suits me? | 你不觉得王冠很配我吗 |
[16:55] | Of course, Your Majesty. | 当然 王后陛下 |
[16:57] | It makes your head look smaller. | 它显得你的头小了一些 |
[16:59] | Almost back to normal size. | 快接近正常尺寸了 |
[17:04] | You’re a saucy one, aren’t you? | 你真是秀色可餐 |
[17:06] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[17:08] | Saucy? | 秀色可餐 |
[17:09] | Don’t be offended. | 我无意冒犯 |
[17:11] | It’s a good word, “Saucy.” | “秀色可餐”是在夸你 |
[17:12] | It’s sauce that makes food worth eating. | 食物好看了才会让人有食欲嘛 |
[17:15] | And women like you that make life worth living. | 而你这样的女人让人有生存欲 |
[17:19] | You’re outrageous. | 你真是胆大包天 |
[17:21] | Oh, don’t take yourself away from me, beauty. | 别走嘛 美人 |
[17:23] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[17:24] | I can guess. | 让我来猜猜 |
[17:26] | From the clues I’d say, uh, | 从外表来看 我猜 |
[17:28] | you’re a lady-in-waiting. | 你应该是个侍女 |
[17:29] | You’re too well-dressed to be anything else. | 只有侍女才会衣着如此华丽 |
[17:31] | And by the fleur-de-lis on your bracelet, | 从你手镯上法国王室的纹章来推断 |
[17:34] | you serve the Queen of France. | 你是法国王后的侍女 |
[17:35] | And by the tone of your conversation with the queen, | 从你和王后说话的语气来推断 |
[17:39] | I’d say you’re out of favor. | 你并不得宠 |
[17:43] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[17:45] | I do serve the Queen of France. | 我的确是法国王后的侍女 |
[17:50] | Well, if it isn’t the master of… | 这不是身上发生了… |
[17:55] | two amusing things. | 两件乐事的人嘛 |
[17:57] | How’s marriage treating you? | 婚后生活怎么样 |
[17:59] | As well as can be expected. | 和预料中的差不多 |
[18:03] | Have you seen Lady Eugenie tonight? | 你今晚看到尤金妮小姐了吗 |
[18:05] | Will her charming bosom fall out of that gown? | 那件礼服会不会遮不住她诱人的双峰 |
[18:07] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[18:09] | I think I’m married. | 我已经结婚了 |
[18:10] | No reason to let that slow you down. | 别让婚姻束缚了你 |
[18:13] | The Lady Kenna could teach you something about that. | 在这一点上好好学学肯娜小姐 |
[18:14] | Probably a few other things, too. | 她能教你的大概不止于此 |
[18:19] | Her wedding barely past, | 她的婚礼刚过去没多久 |
[18:20] | and there she was, her rump | 她就按捺不住了 她的娇臀 |
[18:21] | like a ripe apple in my hand. | 就像熟透的苹果任我采撷 |
[18:23] | I’d forgotten how she looks from behind, | 我都忘了从背后看她时的模样了 |
[18:24] | perky as a young deer. | 像只年轻的小鹿般活力四射 |
[18:26] | You know how when you see the white tail of a hind, | 你知道吗 当你看见雌鹿的白尾 |
[18:28] | and you long to bury your arrow in… | 你渴望将自己埋入她的… |
[18:31] | Am I to understand you called Lady Kenna to your chambers? | 您是说您又叫肯娜去您的房间了吗 |
[18:33] | I gave no summons. She was waiting for me. | 我没叫她 她是不请自来的 |
[18:35] | You can’t blame the girl. | 你不能怪她 |
[18:39] | Think. | 想想吧 |
[18:41] | You could have a king’s son as your firstborn. | 你的长子可能是国王之子 |
[18:47] | My gift to you. | 这是我赐予你的礼物 |
[18:56] | Your queen wishes to have a word with you. | 女王陛下想要跟你聊聊 |
[19:04] | Just you. | 单独聊聊 |
[19:06] | My men like to stay close. | 我不想让我的手下离得太远 |
[19:08] | The queen wants privacy. | 女王不希望有旁人在场 |
[19:09] | Oh, it’ll be private. | 不会有旁人在场的 |
[19:11] | They’ll be just outside the door. | 他们会在门外等候 |
[19:19] | Mary, I don’t like this. | 玛丽 我不想这样 |
[19:21] | Well, you’re right. We don’t know | 没错 我们不确定 |
[19:22] | if we can trust Lord McKenzie. | 麦肯基勋爵是否值得信任 |
[19:24] | – Or anyone. – I know, but… | -不知道谁值得信任 -我知道 但… |
[19:27] | Change of plan. | 计划有变 |
[19:29] | Lord McKenzie… | 麦肯基勋爵 |
[19:30] | why do your men stay outside? | 何不让你的人进来呢 |
[19:32] | They can hear what I have to say. | 他们可以听我们的谈话 |
[19:46] | Well, lass… | 小姑娘 |
[19:47] | why am I here? | 为什么叫我来这里 |
[19:49] | You fought with my father at Solway Moss. | 你和我父王曾在索尔威泥沼战役中并肩作战 |
[19:52] | What was it like? | 当时战况如何 |
[19:55] | It was hell on Earth. | 那里就像人间地狱 |
[19:57] | I listened to the screams of men impaled | 我听到士兵中箭的惨叫 |
[19:59] | with arrows as they died on that marsh. | 他们命丧于那片沼泽地 |
[20:02] | And at day’s end, | 战役结束之后 |
[20:04] | your father limped home and died. | 你父王腿部负伤归来 与世长辞 |
[20:07] | And did your heart die with him? | 你的心也同他一起逝去了吗 |
[20:10] | For the past ten years, | 过去十年里 |
[20:13] | you have lived here, in the safety of France, | 你活在法国的庇护下 |
[20:15] | and I’ve seen too much suffering at home. | 而我在苏格兰目睹了种种苦难 |
[20:16] | And you would ask of my heart? | 你有什么资格问我心归何处 |
[20:18] | Ask me that question | 等你掌了实权 |
[20:19] | when you have earned the right. | 再来质问我吧 |
[20:28] | The day of my marriage, | 在我大婚的那天 |
[20:30] | a secret contract was slipped in amongst the others. | 有份秘密订约混入其他合约中 |
[20:33] | The French arranged it with my mother. | 是法国和我母亲共同策划的 |
[20:36] | It gives Scotland to France, | 如果我后继无人 |
[20:37] | if I die without an heir. | 苏格兰将为法国所有 |
[20:40] | I cannot allow it to stand. | 我不能容忍这种条约 |
[20:42] | Do you understand what I’m saying? | 你明白吗 |
[20:43] | I cannot allow it. | 我无法容忍 |
[20:44] | I may live in France, | 我身在法国 |
[20:46] | but I have the heart of a Scot. | 但心在苏格兰 |
[20:49] | France has betrayed us! | 法国背叛了我们 |
[20:51] | So I charge you men | 所以我要你的人 |
[20:54] | to take the news with you. | 把这消息传出去 |
[20:56] | Tell the world. | 公告天下 |
[20:58] | But most especially, tell Lord Hardie, | 最重要的是 要让哈迪大人知道 |
[21:03] | the leader of the Protestants who oppose my mother. | 反对我母亲的新教徒首领 |
[21:05] | They will raise such a stink, | 他们绝不会善罢甘休 |
[21:07] | the contract will never survive. | 条约也将不复存在 |
[21:09] | You’d defy Marie de Guise? | 你要公然反抗玛丽·德·吉斯吗 |
[21:10] | I would defy the Devil himself if he tried | 无论是谁 只要他想买卖我的国家 |
[21:13] | to buy and sell my country! | 我就绝不放过 |
[21:15] | I will not risk Scotland’s freedom. | 我不会拿苏格兰的自由冒险 |
[21:22] | So… | 所以 |
[21:24] | like my father, I ask you to give up your comfort. | 正如我父亲一样 我要求你放弃荣华富贵 |
[21:27] | To do what is right. | 做该做的事 |
[21:29] | You will lose your business deal. | 你会失去手头的生意 |
[21:31] | You will earn the anger of my mother. | 会惹怒我的母亲 |
[21:35] | And I have nothing to give you in exchange, | 而我无以为报 |
[21:38] | except my gratitude. | 只有满心感激 |
[21:58] | Your Majesty. | 女王陛下 |
[22:04] | We have waited a long, long time | 我们已经等待了许久许久 |
[22:07] | for you to rise. | 等待您崛起反抗 |
[22:23] | That was amazing. I never… | 太棒了 我从没… |
[22:26] | In France, the queen is the person | 在法国 女王就是 |
[22:27] | who is married to the king. | 嫁给国王的一个人 |
[22:28] | But to those men, you are their liege lord, | 但对他们来说 你就是王就是君 |
[22:31] | the one to whom oaths of loyalty are made. | 是他们誓死效忠的人 |
[22:34] | No one’s ever looked at me like that before. | 从来没人这么对待我 |
[22:36] | I can still feel it, like a weight in my chest. | 我还能感受到重任在肩的感觉 |
[22:40] | All my life, I have been a chess piece in other people’s courts. | 我这一辈子都在别国宫廷扮演一颗棋子 |
[22:43] | But now I have the responsibility. | 但现在我有了自己的责任 |
[22:45] | Mary, your people have been ruled by a regent for too long. | 玛丽 你的臣民受摄政王的统治太久了 |
[22:48] | They are ready to give their hearts to you, | 他们准备全心相信你 |
[22:49] | the true Queen. | 相信他们真正的女王 |
[22:51] | There is power there, | 若你能抓住机会保住它 |
[22:52] | if you can take it and keep it. | 这就是权力 |
[22:58] | Like a bit of privacy, do you? | 私下聊聊吧 好吗 |
[22:59] | – Afraid for your reputation? – You could say that. | -担心名誉受损吗 -是啊 |
[23:04] | So you’ve never been to French court before. | 你以前来过法国宫廷吗 |
[23:07] | My first night and my last. | 仅此一次 |
[23:10] | I return to Paris tomorrow, with Lord McKenzie, | 我明天就和麦肯基勋爵一起回巴黎 |
[23:12] | to conclude our business, and then.. | 完成交易 然后… |
[23:15] | back home to Scotland. | 就回苏格兰去 |
[23:16] | Really? | 是吗 |
[23:18] | Have you ever been to Scotland? | 你去过苏格兰吗 |
[23:19] | My duty doesn’t allow me to travel beyond France. | 碍于身份 我不能出国游玩 |
[23:23] | Oh, yes, the Queen. | 说得是啊 王后不允许吧 |
[23:26] | You can’t leave her. | 你必须伴其左右 |
[23:27] | Tedious though her company may be, | 可能会厌倦 |
[23:29] | I’ll never really escape her. | 但从未真正离开过她 |
[23:34] | Tell me about Scotland. | 和我说说苏格兰吧 |
[23:37] | Well, cold and harsh, some call her. | 有人会说那里天气寒冷生活严酷 |
[23:42] | But with beauty that can pierce your heart. | 但却有震撼人心的美 |
[24:00] | – The King’s chambers? – Excuse me? | -你去过国王寝宫吗 -你说什么 |
[24:01] | Do you deny you were there? | 你敢说你没去过那里吗 |
[24:06] | We didn’t… | 我们其实… |
[24:09] | actually have sex. | 没发生关系 |
[24:10] | I don’t want to calibrate the exact inch you stopped. | 我不想知道你们究竟到了哪一步 |
[24:13] | We had an agreement. | 我们有过约定 |
[24:13] | I remember. | 我知道 |
[24:15] | I also remember you jumping very high | 我还知道 |
[24:16] | to answer Mary’s beck and call. | 你仍对玛丽唯命是从 |
[24:19] | So your visiting my father is a form of childish payback? | 所以你去见我父亲只是单纯为了报复吗 |
[24:23] | Or payment for… what? | 还是要惩罚什么 |
[24:25] | You think I went to the King’s chambers for fun? | 你以为我是去那里寻欢作乐的吗 |
[24:27] | He’s lost his mind. | 他已经疯了 |
[24:28] | I was terrified the whole time I was with him. | 和他在一起的每一刻我都胆战心惊 |
[24:30] | Why did you go to him, then? | 那你为什么还要去找他 |
[24:32] | For Mary. My Queen. | 为了玛丽 我的女王 |
[24:34] | She asked me to find | 她让我去找 |
[24:35] | a secret document that put my country at risk. | 威胁到我国家的秘密文书 |
[24:37] | Mary sent you into the lion’s den? | 玛丽将你送入虎穴吗 |
[24:39] | She asked, and I agreed. | 她请求 我同意 |
[24:41] | I know you don’t think I notice anything that’s not | 我知道你认为 除了华服珠宝 |
[24:43] | a pretty dress or a jewel, | 其他事我都不在意 |
[24:44] | but strangely enough, | 但多奇怪啊 |
[24:45] | I give a damn about my country. | 我很在意我的祖国 |
[24:48] | Henry came in just as I found the paper, | 我找到文书的时候亨利刚好回来了 |
[24:50] | and there was nothing I could do. | 我也是别无他法 |
[24:51] | I couldn’t tell him why I was really there. | 我不能告诉他我去那里的真正原因 |
[24:56] | His very touch makes me ill. | 他的抚摸让我恶心 |
[24:59] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:00] | My country was at stake, | 我的国家陷入了危险 |
[25:03] | but what was at stake for you | 但当玛丽给你一个眼神 |
[25:04] | when Mary batted her eyes and you rushed off | 你就毫不犹豫地赶去当她的骑士时 |
[25:06] | to be her true and gentle knight? | 你又陷入了什么危险呢 |
[25:09] | You’ll never be that knight for me. | 你永远都不会当我的骑士 |
[25:12] | You’ll be my husband, but never that. | 你是我的丈夫 但不会是我的骑士 |
[25:13] | Stop. | 别说了 |
[25:16] | This marriage is based on nothing. | 这段婚姻毫无感情基础 |
[25:20] | What a pair my father tied together for a lifetime. | 看看我父亲乱点鸳鸯谱的后果吧 |
[25:31] | I love getting a mysterious summons from my bride-to-be. | 我喜欢应我未来新娘的秘密召唤 |
[25:34] | Julien, thank you for coming. | 朱利安 谢谢你过来 |
[25:37] | There’s something I have to tell you. | 我有事要和你说 |
[25:40] | Is it about the wedding? | 是婚礼的事吗 |
[25:43] | Y-Your… family? | 还是你的家族 |
[25:47] | – Have you changed your mi…? – I’m pregnant. | -你改主意了吗 -我怀孕了 |
[25:58] | That’s why Mary pushed me towards you so aggressively. | 难怪玛丽这么费劲地撮合我们 |
[26:03] | Why you said yes so quickly. | 难怪你这么轻易就答应了我 |
[26:05] | I know this all happened so fast, but… | 我知道这一切都来得太快 但… |
[26:08] | Do you care for me at all? | 你对我有一点真心吗 |
[26:09] | If I didn’t care for you, | 如果没有 |
[26:10] | why would I be confessing to you now? | 我为什么要向你坦白 |
[26:12] | Will you tell me who the father is? | 那你会告诉我孩子的父亲是谁吗 |
[26:16] | No. | 不能 |
[26:18] | I don’t want him to know. | 我不想让他知道 |
[26:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:25] | So… | 所以 |
[26:26] | you’ve been carrying this secret around with you. | 你一直默默藏着这个秘密 |
[26:30] | Alone. | 谁也没告诉 |
[26:32] | Oh, Lola. | 萝拉 |
[26:37] | We’ve both made such a botch of our lives. | 我们都犯了一个如此荒唐的错误 |
[26:39] | How have you made a botch…? | 你犯什么错 这从何说起… |
[26:42] | I won’t ask about your past, | 我不会追问你的过去 |
[26:43] | if you don’t ask about mine. | 你也不要追问我的过去 |
[26:54] | I suppose we’d better have the wedding | 我想 我们得在你显怀前 |
[26:55] | before you start to show. | 加紧准备婚礼了 |
[26:59] | You still want to marry me? | 你还愿意娶我吗 |
[27:00] | Are you still the most beautiful girl I know? | 你还是我遇过的最美丽的女孩吗 |
[27:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:04] | Are you still the most annoyingly direct? | 你还是个直肠子吗 |
[27:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[27:08] | I don’t need a match made in Heaven. | 我不需要上苍给我指定什么真命天女 |
[27:11] | I’ll be perfectly happy with a match | 在巴黎以北遇到的这个姑娘 |
[27:13] | made somewhere north of Paris. | 就是我此生良配 |
[27:19] | You are magnificent and daring. | 你真是太棒 太大胆了 |
[27:22] | But don’t you think we’re pushing our luck by lingering? | 但你不觉得我们再待下去就有点危险了吗 |
[27:24] | If the Queen were to discover us here, in her chambers, | 如果王后发现我们在她卧室里 |
[27:26] | I doubt nothing short of our executions would satisfy her. | 我猜 我们一死都不足以平息她的愤怒 |
[27:29] | Wherever the Queen is, | 不管王后现在在哪儿 |
[27:31] | I assure you she’s already quite satisfied. | 我猜她肯定已经十分满足了 |
[27:41] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[27:47] | Nothing reveals an indiscretion | 头发散乱最易被人看出 |
[27:48] | quite like hair gone wild. | 你言行失检了 |
[27:53] | You know where everything is. | 你对这里了如指掌 |
[27:58] | And that robe you just picked up fits you perfectly. | 那件睡袍简直是为你量身定做的 |
[28:00] | Oh, it should. | 本该如此 |
[28:03] | Because you’re the Queen. | 因为你就是王后 |
[28:07] | How perceptive of you. | 你观察力真敏锐 |
[28:10] | I suppose bowing would be pointless now. | 我猜 现在对您鞠躬行礼已经没用了吧 |
[28:14] | Well, you’ve shown your willingness to serve me | 你在过去的一小时内 |
[28:15] | quite sufficiently this past hour. | 充分展现了侍奉我的意图 |
[28:19] | But… | 但是 |
[28:21] | you’d be advised, for your own safety, | 为你自己项上人头考虑 我建议你 |
[28:24] | to keep this to yourself. | 对此事守口如瓶 |
[28:26] | Not that anyone would believe you. | 没人会相信你的 |
[28:28] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[28:29] | If you’d known I was a Queen, | 如果你知道我是王后的话 |
[28:31] | would you have gone through with it? | 你还愿意和我做刚才那些事吗 |
[28:32] | I would have gone through with it no matter who you are. | 我愿意 无论你身份贵贱 |
[28:36] | I made love to you because | 我和你上床是因为 |
[28:37] | you are the most intriguing woman I’ve met in France. | 你是我在法国遇见的最迷人的女人 |
[28:41] | Oh, Lord McKenzie thought he was so special | 麦肯基勋爵还以为他和玛丽女王 |
[28:44] | for having a private session with Queen Mary. | 进行的秘密会议有多特别呢 |
[28:46] | With Mary? | 和玛丽 |
[28:48] | A private session? | 秘密会议 |
[28:50] | Aye. | 是呀 |
[28:53] | Now he says we’re not going to Paris, | 他现在说 我们不去巴黎了 |
[28:55] | but straight back to Scotland | 我们要乘早上第一班船 |
[28:56] | in the morning, on the first ship. | 直接回苏格兰 |
[28:57] | What, your business unfinished? | 什么 你们的生意都没做完呢 |
[28:59] | How odd. | 真奇怪 |
[29:02] | I wonder what he and Mary spoke about. | 我想知道他和玛丽到底谈了些什么 |
[29:05] | No idea, but he was feeling quite singled out about it, | 不知道 但从他的表情来看 |
[29:08] | it seemed, by the expression on his face. | 他觉得自己很特别 |
[29:11] | Favored by the Queen. | 女王垂青他 |
[29:12] | If only he knew about this. | 他要是知道我们俩的事就好了 |
[29:14] | Of course, he won’t. | 当然了 他不会知道的 |
[29:17] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[29:41] | Mary knows. | 玛丽知道了 |
[29:48] | Liam. | 利亚姆 |
[29:49] | Where have you been, friend? | 你去哪儿了 朋友 |
[29:51] | The men and I are going into the village | 兄弟们和我要去村子里 |
[29:52] | for a final night of hospitality, | 享受最后一晚的款待了 |
[29:55] | courtesy of, uh… | 一些法国 |
[29:56] | some of France’s most experienced ladies. | 最有经验的姑娘会风情万种地款待我们 |
[30:00] | You’ll join us? | 一起去吗 |
[30:01] | I think I won’t. | 我还是不去了 |
[30:02] | Ah, a whore is such a disappointment | 在享受过真正的人间尤物后 |
[30:04] | after you’ve had the real thing. | 妓女什么的就太扫兴了些 |
[30:06] | But you poor fellows go, enjoy yourselves. | 但你们去吧 好好享受 |
[30:09] | Very well. | 好 |
[30:09] | We sail in the morning. | 我们明早就扬帆起航 |
[30:44] | Hey, hey… why do you keep looking at that door? | 你为什么一直看着那扇门 |
[30:48] | The only thing you need to worry about opening | 你只需要关心如何打开 |
[30:50] | is my britches. | 我的裤子就好 |
[30:59] | Little lassie! Lassie, come here. | 小姑娘 姑娘 过来 |
[31:04] | Agh! No! | 不 |
[31:24] | What the devil is going on? | 搞什么呢 |
[32:25] | It’s done. | 搞定了 |
[32:28] | Every man? | 一个都没放过吧 |
[32:30] | Every man of Lord McKenzie’s? | 麦肯基勋爵带来的所有人都死了吧 |
[32:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:35] | And the whores? | 那些妓女呢 |
[32:36] | The ones we paid off got away. | 我们付过钱的那些跑掉了 |
[32:37] | They won’t be coming back. | 她们不会回来了 |
[32:38] | The few we were worried would talk… | 那些我们担心会泄露天机的 |
[32:41] | they died with the men. | 和那些男人们一起死了 |
[32:43] | My Lady… | 王后陛下 |
[32:45] | they were whoring themselves to the Scots when we came in. | 我们进去时 她们在用身体取悦苏格兰人 |
[32:47] | It’s not as if they were innocents. | 她们并非全然可信 |
[32:49] | No. | 不 |
[32:51] | I’m sure they chose their vocation willingly, | 我相信这是她们自愿的 |
[32:52] | happy to service men like you. | 很乐意服侍你这样的男人 |
[32:55] | My Lady…?! | 王后陛下 |
[32:56] | Go away. | 下去吧 |
[33:15] | My condolences on… | 我对你的臣民… |
[33:20] | the loss of your countrymen. | 表示深切的哀悼 |
[33:22] | As I see, you’ve already heard. | 我知道 你已经听闻了 |
[33:31] | This was not lightly done. | 做这决定并非易事 |
[33:33] | It’s a matter of royal business. | 这是皇室间的事情 |
[33:36] | France cannot afford a war with Scotland over the contract. | 法国不能因条约和苏格兰发动战争 |
[33:39] | And with the king ill, I simply don’t have time | 国王还病着 我也没有时间 |
[33:41] | to try to calm down two countries. | 去安抚这两个国家 |
[33:44] | You killed a dozen men | 你杀了十几个人 |
[33:49] | because you couldn’t be bothered with the extra trouble? | 就因为你不想费这个时间吗 |
[33:53] | I will never forgive you for this. | 我永远不会原谅你 |
[33:56] | Forgive me or forgive yourself? | 原谅我 还是原谅你自己 |
[33:58] | Welcome to being a ruling Queen, Mary. | 恭喜成为执政女王 玛丽 |
[34:01] | Men will trust you and die. | 人们会相信你 为你而死 |
[34:04] | These are the first. | 这只是第一批 |
[34:05] | But they won’t be the last. | 但绝不会是最后一批 |
[34:08] | It’ll go on and on, until your death, | 牺牲会不断重复 直至你死 |
[34:09] | because that’s the way it works. | 这就是你要付出的代价 |
[34:13] | And a beautiful, young queen, | 一位年轻美丽的女王 |
[34:14] | the men are gonna throw themselves into the fire for you, my dear. | 亲爱的 人们会为你赴汤蹈火 |
[34:18] | They’ll shoulder lost causes | 他们会得到命定的败局 |
[34:20] | and take on risks they should never take. | 承担本不应有的风险 |
[34:23] | In time, you’ll get used to it. | 最后 你会习惯的 |
[34:26] | You’ll know in your bones the losses you face | 你心里清楚 每次你派人出去 |
[34:28] | each time you send men out, and you’ll do it anyway. | 都会有人牺牲 但你还是会做 |
[34:31] | It’ll be a cold choice. | 这将是冷酷的选择 |
[34:32] | It’s mathematical, you could say. | 这是必然的 |
[34:36] | Because the only other option is | 因为唯一的另一条出路 |
[34:37] | to pull the covers over your head and give up. | 就是逃避和放弃 |
[34:48] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[34:50] | I heard what happened. | 我听说了 |
[34:51] | I’ve been looking for you. | 我一直在找你 |
[35:48] | I need Lady Kenna, please. | 我要和肯娜小姐单独说话 |
[35:58] | I get headaches. | 我头疼 |
[36:02] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[36:12] | Your touch… | 你的触碰 |
[36:15] | …your touch is so soothing. | 你的碰触真是太舒服了 |
[36:19] | I miss your innocence. | 我怀念你的单纯 |
[36:20] | Your gentleness. | 你的温顺 |
[36:22] | Sometimes, Penelope… | 有时候 佩内洛普 |
[36:24] | her voice grates. | 她的声音很烦人 |
[36:35] | Father… | 父亲 |
[36:38] | Father… | 父亲 |
[36:42] | I think Queen Penelope’s getting jealous. | 我觉得佩内洛普王后会嫉妒 |
[36:44] | You know how women are around you. | 你知道你身边的女人都是什么样的 |
[36:49] | It’s a burden sometimes. | 有时候这的确是个麻烦 |
[37:09] | I wasn’t expecting to see you here. | 我可没想到能见到你 |
[37:11] | Because Mary’s not here? | 因为玛丽不在这儿吗 |
[37:13] | I didn’t come looking for Mary. | 我可不是来找玛丽的 |
[37:14] | I was worried about you. | 我是在担心你 |
[37:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[37:16] | Because you’re not safe in this castle. | 因为你在城堡里并不安全 |
[37:18] | And I will always defend you… | 我会一直保护你 |
[37:21] | because you’re my wife. | 因为你是我的妻子 |
[37:34] | I am surprised you’re willing to allow | 我很惊讶 你居然愿意 |
[37:36] | the bodies of your victims to return to Scotland. | 将你杀害的人的尸体运回苏格兰 |
[37:39] | Those poor men died in a fire | 那些可怜的人们 |
[37:41] | as anyone can see from what’s left of them. | 就像大家看到的那样死于火灾 |
[37:43] | Their families deserve the consolation of burying them at home. | 他们的家人应得到安慰 亲手埋葬他们 |
[37:47] | Mary Queen of… | 玛丽女王… |
[37:50] | I hope you’re not gonna make a habit of this bursting in. | 我希望你没养成破门而入的习惯 |
[37:53] | One day I might be indecent. | 万一撞见我衣衫不整呢 |
[37:54] | I would like the contract now. | 我要合约 |
[37:56] | In my hands. | 现在就要 |
[37:57] | Perhaps you don’t understand what’s happened. | 也许你还没明白发生了什么 |
[38:00] | You lost. | 你的损失 |
[38:01] | Take it with grace. | 优雅地接受它 |
[38:03] | You will give it to me | 听完我接下来的话 |
[38:04] | when you hear what I have to say. | 你会给我的 |
[38:06] | My dear, there’s nothing you can say | 亲爱的 你的任何言语 |
[38:07] | that can trump the fact I can stop you | 都不能改变我可以阻止你 |
[38:09] | from getting word of the contract back to Scotland. | 将条约之事传回苏格兰的事实 |
[38:13] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[38:14] | But getting word to France is much easier. | 但在法国境内传一些谣言就容易得多 |
[38:18] | Word that the king is mad. | 比如 国王疯了 |
[38:21] | That the House of Valois is ripe to topple. | 比如 瓦卢瓦王朝岌岌可危 |
[38:25] | How many dissatisfied nobles, hungry for power, | 你觉得会有多少渴望得到权力 |
[38:28] | do you think will step into the vacuum? | 饥渴的贵族会趁虚而入呢 |
[38:30] | You’re talking about civil war. | 你是说内战 |
[38:32] | Every duke that has a grudge against Henry | 每个对亨利怀恨在心的公爵 |
[38:35] | will be lined up outside of the gate. | 会把宫门踏平的 |
[38:37] | They’ll fight us. | 他们会攻打我们 |
[38:38] | They’ll fight each other. | 会互相残杀 |
[38:39] | – Mary… – You wouldn’t do it. | -玛丽 -你不能这么做 |
[38:40] | It would destroy France. | 这会毁了法国 |
[38:41] | You are the Queen of France. | 你是法国的王后 |
[38:44] | I am the Queen of Scotland. | 而我 是苏格兰女王 |
[38:45] | You wouldn’t harm Francis. | 你不会伤害弗朗西斯的 |
[38:47] | Francis is welcome | 欢迎弗兰西斯 |
[38:48] | to join me in Scotland as my consort. | 作为我的配偶随我一同统治苏格兰 |
[38:51] | Just as I am his consort here. | 就像在这儿 我是他的配偶一样 |
[38:52] | It seems only fair. | 这样很公平啊 |
[38:55] | If I thought you were serious, | 如果我觉得你是认真的 |
[38:56] | you wouldn’t leave this room alive. | 你不会活着离开这个房间 |
[38:57] | I sent three riders out this morning. | 今早我派出了三名骑手 |
[39:00] | Unless they hear from me with the agreed-upon phrase, | 一旦他们听到我所指定的暗号 |
[39:03] | they will deliver my letters to two dukes and to the Vatican. | 便会把我的信带给两名公爵和罗马教廷 |
[39:08] | The world will know that France is open for the taking. | 全世界都会知道法国任人宰割 |
[39:13] | Is she bluffing, Francis? | 她在吓唬人吗 弗朗西斯 |
[39:16] | She’s Mary Queen of Scots. | 她是苏格兰女王玛丽 |
[39:19] | I wouldn’t like to guess what she would do. | 会做出什么事 我可说不准 |
[39:21] | You killed 12 of my countrymen. | 我杀了我12个人 |
[39:25] | Look into my eyes and tell me that I’m bluffing. | 看着我的眼睛 看我到底是不是在吓唬你 |
[39:42] | This is the original that has your signature on it. | 这是有你签名的原件 |
[39:46] | Burn it. | 烧了它 |
[40:09] | That was quite a bluff you ran against my mother today. | 今天你可把我的母亲吓得够呛 |
[40:12] | Amazing. | 太棒了 |
[40:14] | I did send out three riders. | 我确实派出去了三个骑手 |
[40:16] | To deceive my mother. | 为了骗我母亲 |
[40:19] | Well, I’m sure you didn’t give them | 你肯定没给他们 |
[40:20] | dangerous messages that could blow up France. | 可能会摧毁法国的危险信息 |
[40:25] | You’d never have done that. | 你永远不会那么做的 |
[40:26] | But, I did. | 但我确实做了 |
[40:30] | What? | 什么 |
[40:33] | I’m going to be Queen of France someday. | 我将会成为法国王后 |
[40:35] | And I hope to be a good Queen. | 我也希望能做个好王后 |
[40:39] | But France has you and your mother | 但法国有你和你母亲 |
[40:40] | to look after her welfare. | 来守护她 |
[40:42] | Scotland only has me. | 苏格兰只有我 |
[40:45] | If it ever becomes a choice between our two countries, | 如果要在两个国家中作出选择 |
[40:49] | I will chose mine. | 我会选我的祖国 |
[40:53] | In whatever way necessary. | 保护她 不择手段 |