时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | – Kenna, what are you reading? – It’s a sex journal. | -肯娜 你在看什么 -是性爱日记 |
[00:05] | One has me stumped. | 一个人让我摸不着头脑 |
[00:06] | “A lover who towers above the rest.” | 一个技压群雄的情人 |
[00:08] | She says he has a small butterfly-shaped birthmark on his forearm. | 她说他小臂上有一个蝴蝶形的小胎记 |
[00:12] | You’ve never been in love. | 你从没爱过 |
[00:13] | That is a rare jewel I have yet to see. | 我还没找到命中的真爱 |
[00:16] | – This was all your doing, wasn’t it? – Yes. | -这些都是你设计的 对吧 -没错 |
[00:19] | Coaxing some kind of admission from me. | 好从我嘴里套话出来 |
[00:21] | I also have Montgomery, | 蒙戈马利也在我手里 |
[00:23] | ready to tell the world | 只要我一声令下 |
[00:24] | that he didn’t kill your father if I give the word. | 他就会告诉大家 他没有杀你父亲 |
[00:26] | Francis, what aren’t you telling me? | 弗朗西斯 你为什么不告诉我呢 |
[00:28] | There are things we cannot change. | 有些事我们注定无法改变 |
[00:30] | That cannot be undone. | 覆水难收 |
[00:32] | Things that I don’t tell you to protect you. | 我不告诉你是想保护你 |
[00:33] | Protect me from what?! | 保护我什么 |
[00:35] | Do you worry that I can’t bear your child? | 你是不是担心我无法怀上你的孩子 |
[00:37] | Yes, I worry because, | 是的 我担心是因为 |
[00:39] | as a king and a man, I want heirs. | 作为一个国王一个男人 我想要子嗣 |
[00:41] | Is that what you want to hear? | 你想听的就是这个吗 |
[00:42] | Does it bring us closer for you to know | 让你知道你无法怀孕让我失望至极 |
[00:43] | that your failure disappoints me beyond words? | 能让我们之间更加亲密吗 |
[00:50] | We’ve set fire to the house and fields. | 我们烧了房子和田地 |
[00:52] | The only thing not burning are the bee hives. | 唯一没烧的是蜂箱 |
[00:54] | Why not set fire to them as well? | 为什么不烧 |
[00:57] | Don’t tell me you’re afraid of a few bees. | 别告诉我你害怕几只蜜蜂 |
[01:00] | Burn the hives, burn it all. | 烧掉蜂箱 全烧掉 |
[01:11] | It seems my entire day will be devoted to the Venetian envoy. | 看来我整天都要接待威尼斯的特使了 |
[01:14] | Well, let me know if there’s anything I can do to help. | 如果需要我帮忙 就告诉我 |
[01:16] | No need. | 没必要 |
[01:17] | All he wants to do is hunt, | 他只想捕猎 |
[01:19] | drink and dance with the court ladies. | 喝酒 跟宫里的姑娘跳舞 |
[01:21] | I’ve never seen an Italian with less grace. | 我从未见过比他们更粗鲁的意大利人 |
[01:23] | Or bigger feet. | 或者脚更大的 |
[01:24] | He tramped on Kenna’s toes. | 他踩到了肯娜的脚趾 |
[01:25] | She actually limped back to Bash. | 她一瘸一拐回到了巴斯身边 |
[01:28] | Well, even you said that the poor man’s boots were | 就连你也说过 穷人的靴子 |
[01:29] | the size of gunboats. | 有炮艇那么大 |
[01:30] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[01:32] | I don’t want to have to play a part with you. | 我不想在你面前装腔作势 |
[01:34] | I don’t want to pretend that I’m happy when I’m not. | 我不想在我不高兴的时候强作欢颜 |
[01:37] | – Mary… – I know | -玛丽 -我知道 |
[01:38] | that I insisted you tell me what was wrong. | 是我坚持让你告诉我真相 |
[01:41] | But it was harsh to hear just the same. | 但是听到那些话我还是很难过 |
[01:46] | I didn’t realize how disappointed you were with me | 我没意识到你对我有多失望 |
[01:48] | for not giving you a child. | 因为我没能给你带来子嗣 |
[01:51] | But I’m glad that you were honest with me. | 但我很高兴你对我说了实话 |
[01:55] | That’s what we need the most from each other. | 我们最需要的就是对彼此坦诚 |
[01:58] | Give me time, and I’ll come to terms with it. | 给我时间 我会慢慢接受的 |
[02:04] | I’ll take the velvet cloak, Arnaud. | 我要穿天鹅绒斗篷 阿诺德 |
[02:06] | It makes a better statement. | 这样更显雍容华贵 |
[02:08] | Oh, and tell the kitchen to put together a basket– | 让厨房准备一个篮子 |
[02:10] | fresh figs, bread and cheese, | 里面放新鲜无花果 面包和奶酪 |
[02:12] | and a good Burgundy. | 一瓶上好的勃艮第葡萄酒 |
[02:13] | I might get peckish on the way. | 我路上可能会饿 |
[02:15] | At once, Your Grace. | 马上就去 陛下 |
[02:16] | Oh, and a warming brick, | 还有一块暖砖 |
[02:18] | wrapped in sheep’s wool, for my feet. | 用绵羊毛包着 给我暖脚 |
[02:21] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[02:22] | Whatever it is, it must wait till tomorrow. | 不管你要说什么 必须等到明天 |
[02:24] | I’m off to Beauvais to put in an appearance | 我要去博韦出席 |
[02:28] | at Lord Gramont’s Saint Day party. | 格拉蒙大人的圣徒日宴会 |
[02:30] | It always softens up the nobles | 王后出席贵族的宴会 |
[02:31] | when a queen appears at their gatherings. | 能慰藉他们的心 |
[02:34] | A sop to their vanity. | 迎合他们的虚荣 |
[02:40] | Why don’t I come with you, then? | 不如我跟你一起去吧 |
[02:43] | My dear, it will be a terrible bore. | 亲爱的 那会特别无聊的 |
[02:47] | Even keeping it to a small retinue of guards, | 就算只带一小队随从 |
[02:50] | the ride will take hours. | 旅途也得用上几个小时 |
[02:52] | It’ll be good for me to get out of the castle. | 让我出城堡挺好的 |
[02:54] | It’s fresh air, time to think. | 有新鲜的空气 思考的时间 |
[02:56] | You know what you need is a nice, long walk, huh? | 你知道你需要的是长长的漫步 对吧 |
[02:59] | If one queen impresses the nobles, | 如果一位王后能让贵族印象深刻 |
[03:02] | how much better would two queens be? | 两位王后岂不是锦上添花 |
[03:09] | What are you doing out here, all by yourself? | 你一个人在这里干什么呢 |
[03:12] | I had to get away. | 我得避开 |
[03:14] | The nannies, the servants, | 保姆 佣人 |
[03:16] | the hangers-on who think they’ll impress Francis | 那些觉得对弗朗西斯的儿子表示兴趣 |
[03:17] | by taking an interest in his son. | 就能取悦他的奉承者 |
[03:19] | Is that why you’ve been crying? | 所以你才在哭吗 |
[03:22] | My family heard that Francis has claimed my son. | 我的家人听说弗朗西斯认了我儿子 |
[03:25] | And it didn’t go well. | 反响不佳 |
[03:27] | He is the king of France. | 他是法国国王 |
[03:28] | As far as they’re concerned, | 在他们看来 |
[03:29] | that just makes the disgrace even worse. | 这更加丢人了 |
[03:31] | My name’s on everyone’s lips– I’m notorious. | 大家都在谈论我 我臭名昭著 |
[03:34] | They’ve disowned me. | 他们跟我脱离了关系 |
[03:37] | Cut me off. | 我被逐出家族了 |
[03:38] | Oh, Lola, I’m so sorry. | 萝拉 我很抱歉 |
[03:39] | I’ll never be admitted into the house again. | 我再也不能踏入家门一步 |
[03:42] | No one will even mention my name there. | 在那里 没人会提起我的名字 |
[03:44] | This is the last letter I’ll ever get from home. | 这是家里给我送来的最后一封信 |
[03:47] | And my new home is full of strangers, | 而我的新家里又满是陌生人 |
[03:51] | and I’m trapped here with them. | 我不得不与他们周旋 |
[03:54] | Even Francis and I are strangers these days, | 这些天 就连弗朗西斯和我都变疏远了 |
[03:56] | so stiff with each other. | 我俩之间气氛紧张 |
[03:57] | This is why women like you and me need to prepare for the future. | 所以像我们这样的女人得为自己的未来做打算 |
[04:01] | Hold onto the jewels, to any gifts of land. | 紧握住手中的珠宝和土地 |
[04:03] | Anything can happen. | 世事难料 |
[04:04] | I was in a similar position, remember? | 我之前与你处境相同 还记得吗 |
[04:06] | I had a lot of time to think, with Henry, | 我有大把的时间来思考和亨利的关系 |
[04:08] | and kings are no guarantee of anything. | 国王根本不能保证任何东西 |
[04:10] | Kings have enemies, wars, rivals. | 国王总在面对敌人 对手还有战争 |
[04:13] | And what’s the first thing a rival does | 而一旦竞争对手攫取了王位 |
[04:14] | when he takes the throne? | 要做的第一件事会是什么 |
[04:16] | He kills the sons of the previous king. | 会杀死前任国王的儿子 |
[04:17] | Kenna, you’re not cheering me up, you know. | 肯娜 你这样让我更沮丧 |
[04:20] | No, I’m telling you this to protect you. | 不 我告诉你这些是为了保护你 |
[04:22] | Should Francis ever be deposed, you need to be prepared | 一旦弗朗西斯被废黜 你得随时准备好 |
[04:24] | to take your child and flee. | 带着儿子出逃 |
[04:27] | Start building a nest egg. | 先攒点储备金吧 |
[04:28] | Ask for more expensive jewelry. | 找他多要点贵重珠宝 |
[04:30] | That’s the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[04:32] | God willing, Francis will live a long and healthy life. | 如系天意 弗朗西斯会健康长寿 |
[04:35] | And I’ll be dependent on him forever. | 我得永远依附于他 |
[04:38] | I don’t want jewels, I just want something of my own. | 我不想要珠宝 我想谋求些只属于我自己的 |
[04:40] | Something no one can take away. | 没人能夺走的东西 |
[04:42] | Lola, we’re women. | 萝拉 我们是女人 |
[04:44] | We’re not allowed to have things of our own. | 我们没法拥有只属于自己的东西 |
[04:48] | Legally, Bash even owns my kohl sticks and lip rouge, | 法律上 就连我的眼影刷和口红都是巴斯的 |
[04:51] | though I’d like to see him try and take those away. | 虽然我很想看看他用起这些是怎样的 |
[04:55] | But I don’t have a husband. | 但我没有丈夫 |
[04:57] | Or a family, anymore. | 也没有家庭 再也没有了 |
[05:00] | Legally, no one has a right to what is mine. | 法律上 旁人对我的东西无权置喙 |
[05:03] | So, if I can get some money of my own, I can keep it. | 所以如果我能有小金库 就没人能夺走 |
[05:07] | And I will. | 我会这么做的 |
[05:17] | Something’s wrong– we’re riding in the wrong direction. | 不对 我们的方向是错的 |
[05:19] | We’re still going east, instead of south to Beauvais. | 我们在往东走 而不是往南去博韦 |
[05:22] | I may have told a small white lie about where we were going. | 关于我们的去向 我也许撒了个善意的谎言 |
[05:25] | Turn this carriage around, right now. | 立刻让马车掉头 |
[05:27] | Mary, what difference does it make? | 玛丽 这很重要吗 |
[05:29] | You said you wanted some fresh air. | 你说你想呼吸点新鲜空气 |
[05:32] | Is there some reason in particular you wanted to go to Beauvais? | 你想去博韦是有什么特殊原因吗 |
[05:36] | Of course not. | 当然没有 |
[05:38] | But where are we going? | 但我们到底要去哪里 |
[05:41] | And what is this paper you’ve been studying? | 你研究的这张纸到底是什么 |
[05:43] | Oh, it’s a speech. | 是演讲稿啊 |
[05:45] | Thanking the village of Noyon for their love. | 感谢诺杨村的厚爱 |
[05:48] | Their love of you? | 他们对你的厚爱吗 |
[05:49] | Noyon is one of my special villages. | 诺杨对我而言是特别的 |
[05:53] | When their church steeple falls, I rebuild it. | 他们的教堂顶部坍塌时 是我重建的 |
[05:55] | In your name. Yes, of course you’re popular. | 以你的名义 你当然受欢迎了 |
[05:57] | But why make such effort? | 但我们为什么要这么费事 |
[05:59] | Every time I try to help the commoners, | 每次我想帮那些平民的时候 |
[06:01] | you tell me I need to placate the nobles. | 你都说我需要去抚慰那些贵族 |
[06:04] | Because it’s a balancing act. | 因为这是一种平衡政策 |
[06:06] | The nobles are just one leg on the three-legged stool | 贵族只是支撑法国这把三腿凳中的 |
[06:09] | that holds up France. | 其中一条腿 |
[06:10] | If ever that stool goes down, | 如果这条腿折了 |
[06:12] | you and I will end up flat on our royal fundaments. | 我除了头衔也就别无所有了 |
[06:14] | But peasants– | 但农民 |
[06:16] | you have never cared about them. | 你从没关心过他们 |
[06:19] | Oh, I may not care about peasants individually. | 也许我不关心农民的个人 |
[06:24] | But in general, I care a great deal. | 但总体来说 我付出了很多关心 |
[06:26] | And so should you. | 你也该这样 |
[06:27] | Our gowns, our crowns, our chateaus– | 我们的华服 王冠 城堡 |
[06:31] | they all depend on the good will of the commoner. | 都依赖于平民的善意 |
[06:34] | For a very good reason. | 道理很简单 |
[06:35] | There’s 20 million of them, and one small family of royals. | 平民有两千万 而贵族只占极少部分 |
[06:41] | To survive, we must have their love. | 为了生存 我们必须获得他们的爱 |
[06:44] | Thank heavens, I can buy it. | 谢谢老天 这些我都能买到 |
[06:46] | And if things happen to get too dangerous for you at court, | 如果你在宫廷中的地位岌岌可危的话 |
[06:48] | you can always flee to one of these towns, | 你至少能逃到一个这样的小镇去 |
[06:51] | and they’ll help you escape the country. | 而他们会帮你逃离这个国家 |
[06:53] | If you were wise, | 如果你还算聪明的话 |
[06:54] | you’d develop a few bolt-holes yourself, my dear. | 你也会为自己准备几个避难所 亲爱的 |
[06:57] | You have plenty of enemies. | 你可是树敌无数啊 |
[07:01] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[07:04] | Why are we slowing down?! | 为什么慢下来了 |
[07:05] | We’re hours from Noyon! | 离诺杨还远着呢 |
[07:07] | There are people gathering in the road ahead! | 有一群人聚集在马路中间 |
[07:13] | – Clear the road! – Don’t let ’em by. | -让路 -别让他们过去 |
[07:15] | Clear the road for the queen of France! | 赶紧给法国王后让路 |
[07:16] | It’s them! It’s the royal carriage! | 是她们 这是皇家的马车 |
[07:18] | Don’t let ’em by! | 别让她们过去 |
[07:22] | No, they’re angry. | 别 他们很愤怒 |
[07:23] | Perhaps we could talk to them, | 或许我们可以跟他们谈谈 |
[07:24] | hear their grievances. | 听听他们的苦衷 |
[07:25] | Kill the royals! | 杀了皇家的人 |
[07:27] | Perhaps not right now. | 现在还是省省吧 |
[07:29] | To lay hands on a royal person is death! | 胆敢碰皇室成员的人一律处死 |
[07:32] | Oh, good Lord. | 天呐 |
[07:34] | Threatening a royal is death, too. | 威胁皇室成员也是死刑 |
[07:36] | The fool has just told them | 那个蠢货已经让他们知道 |
[07:37] | they’ve got nothing to lose. | 他们别无退路了 |
[07:39] | Come, we must escape. | 走 我们必须逃走 |
[07:41] | To where? We’re trapped inside a carriage. | 逃去哪 我们被困在马车里了 |
[07:45] | All my carriages have them. | 我的马车上都有这个 |
[07:46] | Well, one never knows. Come! | 没人会知道的 快走 |
[08:06] | We have to keep moving! | 不能停 |
[08:07] | They might look for us when they find the carriage is empty. | 他们发现马车是空的会找我们的 |
[08:09] | Take off your jewelry and turn your cloak inside out. | 摘掉首饰 把斗篷反过来穿 |
[08:11] | It’ll make us look less like royals. | 会让我们看起来不那么像皇室 |
[08:15] | It’s a long way back to the castle. | 回城堡的路远着呢 |
[08:17] | Better get started. | 那就快走吧 |
[08:58] | Lady Lola, how delighted I was to receive your message. | 萝拉小姐 我很高兴收到你的信 |
[09:02] | How may I help you? | 您需要什么 |
[09:03] | You held my husband, Lord Julien’s, bank account. | 我丈夫朱利安伯爵的存款在你手上 |
[09:05] | You transferred my dowry into it. | 还将我的嫁妆存了进去 |
[09:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:08] | Now that my husband is dead, I’d like it back. | 如今我的丈夫已经死了 我想要回来 |
[09:11] | Your dowry? | 你的嫁妆吗 |
[09:13] | Forgive me, but I cannot return it, | 请原谅 我不能还给你 |
[09:16] | as the money is not yours. | 因为那不是你的钱 |
[09:18] | Well, it’s my dowry. | 可那是我的嫁妆 |
[09:20] | It was your father’s. | 那是你父亲的 |
[09:22] | It became Lord Julien’s upon your marriage. | 婚后归朱利安大人所有 |
[09:25] | Since he’s dead, | 既然他已经去世 |
[09:26] | it would go to his male heir, | 这笔钱会交给他的男继承人 |
[09:28] | but now that the king has claimed your child, | 但既然国王已经承认了你的孩子 |
[09:29] | it would revert to the head of Lord Julien’s family. | 这笔钱会归还给朱利安大人的家人 |
[09:32] | His father, back in Hungary. | 就是他住在匈牙利的父亲 |
[09:34] | Well, that’s ridiculous. I’ve never even met Julien’s father. | 太荒谬了 我都没见过朱利安的父亲 |
[09:38] | It’s complicated, but he and Julien were estranged. | 原因很复杂 但他和朱利安并不亲近 |
[09:40] | Nonetheless. | 尽管如此 |
[09:42] | Are you telling me that you’ve already sent it to him? | 你的意思是你已经把钱寄给他了吗 |
[09:44] | Well, no, I… | 还没有 我… |
[09:46] | I still have to verify his address, | 我还得确认他的住址 |
[09:48] | arrange for trustworthy messengers… | 安排值得信任的信使 |
[09:50] | Hmm, my father always told me | 我父亲常跟我说 |
[09:51] | that bankers like to hold onto money for as long as they can. | 银行家们喜欢尽可能地将钱留在自己手中 |
[09:54] | Why do you deserve to pocket the interest? | 为何你可以从中获益 |
[09:56] | You’re not related to any of us. | 你跟我们毫无关系 |
[09:57] | I will not have my reputation impugned. | 我不想听这些对我人格的侮辱 |
[10:00] | Be assured I will take what steps are necessary | 我明天就会按照手续 |
[10:02] | to send this money to Hungary tomorrow. | 将他的钱送到匈牙利 |
[10:04] | Good day, Lady Lola. | 日安 萝拉小姐 |
[10:09] | – It was a fox hole. – Badger. | -那是个狐狸洞 -獾洞 |
[10:11] | Fox! And how would you know? | 是狐狸 况且你怎么会知道 |
[10:12] | You didn’t even see it. | 你看都没看一眼 |
[10:13] | I saw it after my foot got caught in it! | 我的脚卡进去之后我看了 |
[10:15] | And my feet are too dainty to get caught in a fox hole! | 狐狸洞可留不住我高贵的脚 |
[10:18] | We’ve been stumbling along for hours! | 我们都走了好几个小时了 |
[10:20] | Do you have any idea where we’re going? | 你知道我们在往哪里走吗 |
[10:22] | No, but we are more or less headed west, | 不知道 但大概是在向西走 |
[10:24] | which means eventually we… wait! | 意味着最终我们… 等一下 |
[10:27] | I see a village ahead. | 前面有个村子 |
[10:29] | Thank heavens! Dinner. | 感谢老天 有晚饭吃了 |
[10:31] | But we don’t have any money. | 但我们没有钱 |
[10:33] | Of course we don’t have money. | 当然没钱了 |
[10:34] | Queens don’t hand over coins like shopkeepers. | 王后可不需要像小贩一样掏硬币 |
[10:37] | Purses are for servants! | 仆人才需要钱包 |
[10:38] | We can’t tell them who we are! | 不能告诉他们我们的身份 |
[10:40] | Even if they believed us, | 就算他们相信了我们 |
[10:41] | what if they hate royals, too? | 万一他们也憎恨皇室呢 |
[10:42] | I swear on the blessed saints, | 我对天发誓 |
[10:44] | I shall have my dinner! | 我会吃到晚饭的 |
[10:45] | One way or another. | 不论用什么方式 |
[10:57] | Innkeeper! Ah! | 老板 |
[10:59] | My good man! | 我的朋友 |
[11:01] | We require your best capon. | 给我们上最好的鸡肉 |
[11:04] | Freshly killed, well-baked. | 要新宰的 烤好 |
[11:05] | Seasoned with basil and rosemary. | 用罗勒和迷迭香调味 |
[11:07] | And a bottle of whatever passes for wine. | 再加一瓶红酒 |
[11:10] | Let’s see the shine of your coin first. | 先把钱交了 |
[11:13] | Are you trying to insult me? | 你是在侮辱我吗 |
[11:15] | Do you make all your patrons turn out their pockets | 对所有的老主顾 在你屈尊服务他们之前 |
[11:17] | before you deign to serve them? | 都让他们亮出口袋吗 |
[11:19] | I know my customers. I don’t know you. | 我了解我的顾客 可我不认识你 |
[11:21] | No money? No service. | 没钱 没吃的 |
[11:23] | You turn away at your peril. | 你要是走了 后果自负 |
[11:24] | We are friends of the lord of this region. | 我们这片领土地领主的朋友 |
[11:27] | – Friends of the Duke? – The Duke. | -是公爵的朋友吗 -公爵 |
[11:29] | On the road? Without an escort? | 独自上路 不带任何随从 |
[11:31] | Without a carriage? | 也没有车队 |
[11:32] | I didn’t hear no horses outside… | 我没听到外面有马车 |
[11:34] | Madam. | 女士 |
[11:35] | Wait! | 等等 |
[11:37] | You’re right. The truth is… | 你说得对 真相是… |
[11:39] | we’re lady’s maids. | 我们是女仆 |
[11:41] | These gowns are cast-offs from our mistresses. | 这些长袍是我们主人的遗物 |
[11:43] | The family we used to work for | 我们之前侍奉的家族 |
[11:45] | was destroyed by the plague. | 被瘟疫摧毁 |
[11:47] | So here we are… | 所以我们沦落至此 |
[11:50] | mother, daughter… | 孤苦伶仃的母女 |
[11:53] | …trying to return to our native village far away. | 想要回归地处远方的故乡 |
[11:57] | My mother has hurt her foot. | 我母亲的脚受伤了 |
[11:58] | Oh. We will work for a meal | 我们愿意在这里工作 |
[12:00] | – and for a bed to sleep in tonight. – What? | -换一顿饭和一晚的收留 -什么 |
[12:02] | We can wash dishes, milk a cow or | 我们可以洗碗 挤牛奶 |
[12:04] | a goat if you have one. | 或者羊奶 |
[12:06] | Girl like you would make more money serving drinks. | 让你们帮忙上酒赚得更多 |
[12:08] | – Can you do that? – Done. | -能做到吗 -成交 |
[12:11] | Back table. | 那桌 |
[12:13] | I do have a goat out back. | 后厨确实有只羊 |
[12:16] | Alas, my poor ankle. Ah. | 真抱歉 我脚踝受伤了 |
[12:19] | My daughter shall have to work for both of us. | 只能让我女儿干两个人的活了 |
[12:28] | Your Majesty, I’ve rarely known such hospitality. | 陛下 我从未见过如此丰盛的款待 |
[12:31] | The doge will be delighted to hear | 总督知道您愿意重拾 |
[12:32] | that you intend to continue the friendship | 我们与先王之间的友谊 |
[12:34] | we enjoyed with your father. | 定会十分欣慰 |
[12:35] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[12:37] | We must speak. | 有要事禀报 |
[12:45] | Queen Mary and Queen Catherine are missing! | 玛丽王后和凯瑟琳太后失踪了 |
[12:47] | Their carriage was attacked. | 她们的车队遭到了袭击 |
[12:48] | We must search for them immediately! | 马上派人去找 |
[12:50] | I want every guard, every nobleman who can join us. | 我需要所有空闲的守卫和贵族 |
[12:52] | My men and I are at your disposal. | 我和我的手下听凭差遣 |
[12:54] | We leave at once. | 马上出发 |
[12:57] | Stay here. | 你留下 |
[12:58] | I’m naming you temporary regent while I’m gone. | 我命令你代理城堡的一切事务 |
[13:00] | I need someone here that I can trust. | 我需要我能信任的人 |
[13:01] | Keep the envoy happy. | 招待好使节们 |
[13:07] | To the King and Queen! | 敬国王和王后 |
[13:10] | Well… we’re not hated everywhere, it seems. | 看来也不是所有人都讨厌我们 |
[13:17] | I suppose it’s too late to try and | 可是现在再说出身份 |
[13:18] | convince them of who we are now. | 似乎有点太晚了 |
[13:20] | What? After trying to cheat a free meal | 什么 我们骗了一顿免费晚餐 |
[13:22] | and claiming to be lady’s maids? | 还说自己是女仆 |
[13:23] | We’d be lucky if they didn’t lock us up or worse. | 他们没把我们关起来已经算侥幸了 |
[13:27] | And if they do believe us, we’d be an incitement to kidnapping. | 如果他们信了 绝对会绑架我们要赎金 |
[13:29] | No. | 不行 |
[13:31] | We must think practically. | 我们得想实际点的办法 |
[13:33] | We need to buy a horse. | 我们得买一匹马 |
[13:34] | Do you have any idea how much a horse costs? | 你知不知道一匹马要多少钱 |
[13:37] | Of course! | 当然知道 |
[13:39] | I once bought 50 Arabians. | 我以前买过50个阿拉伯人 |
[13:42] | I’m sure some | 要一匹 |
[13:43] | swaybacked farmer’s nag | 驼背弯腰的老马 |
[13:44] | costs barely anything at all. | 肯定不会要多少钱 |
[13:46] | I couldn’t earn enough in a year. | 买马的钱我一年都赚不到 |
[13:48] | And we can’t show our jewels | 也不能把首饰拿出来 |
[13:50] | or we’ll get our throats cut. | 不然肯定会被人割喉 |
[13:52] | It seems that we’re stuck here, then, till Francis finds us. | 看来我们被困在这里了 只能等弗朗西斯来救 |
[13:59] | Lady Lola, my sympathies. | 萝拉小姐 我深表同情 |
[14:02] | On the matter of your dowry. | 关于你嫁妆的事 |
[14:05] | How did you know about that? | 你怎么会知道这件事 |
[14:06] | I’m the largest depositor in that bank. | 我是那家银行最大的存款人 |
[14:08] | I dine with the bankers often. They’re very good company. | 经常会跟他们一起吃饭 他们挺有趣的 |
[14:11] | Fingers in every pie, full of gossip. | 贪吃多嘴 爱嚼舌根 |
[14:13] | And very eager to keep me happy. | 而且费尽心思要讨我欢心 |
[14:16] | There’s still time. | 还有时间 |
[14:17] | I could use my influence on your behalf. | 我可以出面帮你解决 |
[14:19] | In return for…? | 可条件是… |
[14:21] | Tea. | 陪我喝茶 |
[14:23] | Tea. | 喝茶是吗 |
[14:23] | A cup… or two. | 一两杯吧 |
[14:25] | And the pleasure of your company. | 可否请您赏个脸呢 |
[14:27] | I have extended the invitation before. | 之前的邀请依旧作数 |
[14:30] | Thank you, but I’m not sure | 谢谢你 不过我还是觉得 |
[14:32] | it’s a good idea. | 不妥 |
[14:33] | Well, I would never want to press a lady. | 那好吧 总不能强迫一位小姐 |
[14:38] | But… | 不过 |
[14:39] | I do hope you reconsider | 我希望你能重新考虑一下 |
[14:41] | the invitation. | 我的邀请 |
[14:51] | Well, if we’re to remain here, | 反正要留在这里 |
[14:53] | perhaps we could entertain each other. | 那就来聊聊天吧 |
[14:55] | You can tell me why you need to get to Beauvais. | 告诉我你为什么想去博韦 |
[15:01] | Oh, come. | 得了吧 |
[15:02] | You heard I was going and you insisted on riding with us. | 你听说我要去 强烈要求同行 |
[15:05] | When you learned my destination was elsewhere, | 一听说我要去的不是那里 |
[15:08] | you tried to force us back. | 立马要求调头 |
[15:10] | I had no idea where you were going. | 我本不知道你要去哪里 |
[15:12] | You mentioned it and I recalled that | 你提到了 我忽然想起 |
[15:14] | I had heard there was a sacred shrine in Beauvais. | 博韦有一个神秘圣地 |
[15:18] | There is. | 确实 |
[15:20] | St. Wilgefortis. | 圣威尔佛特斯 |
[15:22] | So, you had an overwhelming need to pray | 所以你有什么迫不得已的愿望 |
[15:24] | to the patron saint of bearded ladies? | 要去找长胡子女人的守护神祈祷 |
[15:31] | There’s a physician… | 博韦有一位医师 |
[15:33] | in Beauvais who is celebrated for his knowledge | 他有很好的口碑 擅长处理 |
[15:36] | of women’s problems. | 女性问题 |
[15:38] | I assume you mean fertility, because other than that, | 你应该是说生育能力 因为除此之外 |
[15:40] | no man has an inkling about women’s problems. | 关于女性的问题 男人一无所知 |
[15:43] | Oh, I spent ten years | 我也花了整整十年 |
[15:46] | suffering the same uncertainty. | 担忧同样的问题 |
[15:48] | And yet you torment me. | 那你还折磨我 |
[15:50] | All in good fun. | 那是我的乐趣 |
[15:52] | But is Francis pressing you about it? | 难道弗朗西斯给你压力了吗 |
[15:55] | He’s admitted that it bothers him. | 他承认他很在意这件事 |
[15:57] | And he’s become distant. | 而且他对我很冷淡 |
[15:59] | He doesn’t share his problems with me | 不愿把困难跟我分享 |
[16:00] | like he used to. | 他以前不这样 |
[16:02] | If this goes on, what will our marriage become? | 如果一直这样 我们的婚姻会如何 |
[16:05] | Normal. | 很正常 |
[16:06] | Especially for a royal. | 尤其是皇家贵族 |
[16:08] | The Crown changes everything. | 王位会改变一切 |
[16:12] | Oh, Henry was the same way. | 亨利也一样 |
[16:15] | Francis is not his father. | 弗朗西斯跟他父亲不一样 |
[16:19] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[16:20] | I know you think that I belittle your marriage | 我知道你觉得我把你的婚姻和我的相比 |
[16:22] | by comparing it to mine. | 是在贬低你们 |
[16:23] | But that is not why I talk to you the way that I do. | 但我跟你这样说话并不是因为这个原因 |
[16:27] | I walked this road first. | 我走过这条路 |
[16:29] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[16:30] | And I learned that if you hold on | 我学会的经验是 |
[16:31] | to foolish romantic expectations, | 如果死守着愚蠢的浪漫幻想 |
[16:34] | it’ll make it that much harder. | 只会让你举步维艰 |
[16:37] | You know that as a queen, you have to put on an act. | 你知道作为王后 必须学会掩饰 |
[16:40] | You can’t always show what’s in your heart. | 不能永远展示真实想法 |
[16:42] | Well, the same is true for being a wife. | 当妻子也是一样 |
[16:45] | If Francis isn’t sharing his heart with you, | 如果弗朗西斯没有跟你交心 |
[16:47] | pretend you don’t see. | 就装作不知道 |
[16:51] | You’ll withhold your own secrets from him soon enough. | 你很快也会有自己的秘密 |
[16:54] | I’m sorry, but you must give up this dream. | 我很遗憾 但现实是残酷的 |
[16:58] | And accept the distance between you. | 勇敢接受你们之间的距离 |
[17:02] | If you need solace… | 如果你需要安慰 |
[17:04] | find it elsewhere. | 就到别处去寻 |
[17:06] | In a separate life, with your own work. | 另起一段人生 打拼自己的一片天 |
[17:08] | And if you find that the crown weighs too heavily, | 如果你觉得王冠太重 承受不起 |
[17:11] | well, then line it with velvet. | 就另寻他法 巧用名分 |
[17:13] | That’s what I do. | 我就是这样 |
[17:16] | Make way for the royal carriage! | 皇家车队驾到 |
[17:19] | Thank God. | 感谢上帝 |
[17:26] | The Queen of France and Scotland! | 法国和苏格兰的女王 |
[17:32] | The king of France! | 法国国王 |
[17:33] | Your Majesty! | 国王陛下 |
[17:36] | God, they’re imposters! | 上帝啊 是冒名顶替的 |
[17:47] | The plague has taken a dread toll on our land. | 瘟疫肆虐了我们的土地 |
[17:51] | We’ve lost many brave defenders of France, | 我们失去了许多捍卫祖国的勇士 |
[17:54] | and our nation’s enemies see our weakness. | 我国的敌人也看到我们的弱点 |
[17:57] | They are massing on our borders even now. | 他们甚至现在就在我国边境集兵 |
[18:01] | We must have money for troops! | 我们必须收集军饷 |
[18:03] | Give whatever you can! | 贡献出什么都可以 |
[18:05] | Give… till it hurts! | 献出你们的全部 |
[18:15] | They believe him. | 他们居然相信他 |
[18:16] | Well, most of the country has no idea | 大多数子民都不知道 |
[18:18] | what you or Francis look like. | 你跟弗朗西斯长什么样 |
[18:20] | Which makes it easy for clever people | 所以这样的聪明人 |
[18:22] | like this to take advantage. | 钻这个空子很简单 |
[18:25] | It is a masterful exploitation of a weakness. | 这次真是发现了不少弱点啊 |
[18:31] | He wants you to join him for tea? | 他要你陪他喝茶 |
[18:33] | Surely that can’t mean “Tea.” | 肯定不止喝茶这么简单 |
[18:35] | No. Perhaps he wants to try | 也许他想从我这里 |
[18:37] | and pry secrets from me about Francis. | 套出关于弗朗西斯的秘密 |
[18:39] | Or he might simply want to seduce you. | 也许他只是单纯想勾引你 |
[18:42] | Either way, it’s better to stay far away from him. | 无论如何 最好离他远点 |
[18:43] | After all, last time we talked, | 毕竟我们上次聊到 |
[18:45] | you thought he’d murdered his wives. | 谣传他杀了自己的几任妻子 |
[18:47] | I was wrong– I learned they died of natural causes. | 是我错了 她们都是死于事故 |
[18:49] | Did you learn that from Narcisse? | 是纳西斯告诉你的吗 |
[18:53] | All right, yes. | 好吧 是的 |
[18:54] | But… you haven’t spoken to him, and I have. | 但是 你没有跟他聊过 我聊过 |
[18:56] | He seems very believable. | 他说的好像很可信 |
[18:58] | Besides, if things got out of hand, | 而且如果事情失去了控制 |
[18:59] | I could simply walk out. | 我可以轻易脱身 |
[19:01] | He wouldn’t dare try to keep me there by force. | 他不敢逼我留下来 |
[19:03] | I once thought I could play a powerful man, | 我曾以为我可以和有权势的人调情 |
[19:05] | and I lived to regret it. | 但我尝到了苦果 |
[19:07] | By the way, there’s something I haven’t told you. | 对了 有些事我没告诉你 |
[19:10] | He’s the man from the journal with the butterfly birthmark. | 他就是日记中写的有蝴蝶胎记的人 |
[19:13] | He’s the sublime lover? | 他就是那个技高一筹的情人 |
[19:15] | You didn’t think to share that with me? | 你没想过要告诉我吗 |
[19:17] | Well, this explains your change of heart. | 这倒解释了你为什么改变心意 |
[19:19] | Even more reason to be cautious. | 但更应该小心了 |
[19:21] | If you’re intrigued with him, it just makes you more vulnerable. | 如果你对他着迷 你会更容易受伤害 |
[19:23] | I’m not “Intrigued.” | 我才没”着迷” |
[19:25] | I have no interest in Narcisse. | 我对纳西斯没兴趣 |
[19:26] | You’re telling me that that birthmark | 你是说那个胎记 |
[19:27] | doesn’t make you the slightest bit curious. | 一点都不让你好奇吗 |
[19:30] | No. | 不 |
[19:32] | It doesn’t. | 一点都不 |
[19:35] | Your Majesty? Is it true Queen Catherine once threw | 陛下 凯瑟琳太后曾经真的 |
[19:38] | an entire family of hat-makers into the dungeon? | 把制帽匠一家人扔进了地牢吗 |
[19:40] | Yes, I heard they cheated her, | 没错 我听说他们骗了她 |
[19:42] | and she nailed their eyes open so they’d always have to see | 她把他们的眼皮钉牢 让他们永远看着 |
[19:45] | their deceitful bills! | 自己的罪行 |
[19:47] | Where do these stories come from? | 这些故事都是从哪传来的 |
[19:49] | It was one man, and I only stretched him a little. | 就只有一个人 我只小小惩罚了他 |
[19:52] | Nails, indeed. | 用钉子 当然了 |
[19:55] | First, you should know he was a terrible, | 首先 你应该知道 |
[19:57] | terrible hat-maker. | 他是个特别糟糕的制帽匠 |
[19:58] | And outside the keep, | 在主塔外 |
[20:00] | there’s a pond filled with asses’ milk, | 有一个装满了驴奶的池塘 |
[20:03] | for the ladies of the court to bathe in. | 以供宫廷的侍女沐浴 |
[20:05] | She may have gone too far with that one. | 她这个谎撒得有点大啊 |
[20:08] | But then wouldn’t passersby be able to see the ladies… | 那经过路人不就能看到这些侍女… |
[20:11] | well, naked? | 一丝不挂了 |
[20:14] | Yes. | 没错 |
[20:16] | That is why all must turn their faces away at such times. | 所以他们必须要在这时候转过脸去 |
[20:21] | The penalty for doing otherwise is death. | 不然就会被处死刑 |
[20:25] | I’ve been to the castle, with my cart, | 我驾着马车去过城堡 |
[20:27] | and there’s no pond of asses’ milk. | 但没看到过驴奶池啊 |
[20:33] | The crowd’s about to turn ugly. | 场面马上会变得很难看了 |
[20:36] | You must have ridden by the south keep. | 你肯定是去了南塔 |
[20:39] | Everyone knows it’s the north keep | 大家都知道北塔那边 |
[20:40] | that has a pond of asses’ milk. | 有一个驴奶池 |
[20:42] | It’s common knowledge. | 这是常识 |
[20:50] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[20:51] | She may be an imposter, | 她可能是个骗子 |
[20:52] | but she doesn’t deserve to die for it. | 但她也罪不至死 |
[20:54] | Besides, I have a plan. | 而且我有个计划 |
[20:59] | So this is really tea. | 所以真的只是喝茶吗 |
[21:03] | This house and gardens… | 这个房子和花园 |
[21:05] | my sanctuary. | 是我的避难所 |
[21:06] | But you keep chambers at court as well. | 但你在宫廷也有房间 |
[21:08] | Yes. | 没错 |
[21:09] | Court is what I need sanctuary from. | 宫廷就是我要逃离的地方 |
[21:17] | Care to try your skill? | 想试试吗 |
[21:19] | I’ve never even held a bow. | 我从来没试过射箭 |
[21:22] | Let’s see… | 来看看 |
[21:23] | you’re right-handed, | 你是右撇子 |
[21:24] | so this one should do. | 这一把很适合 |
[21:27] | Well, I might be left-handed. | 我可能是左撇子呢 |
[21:29] | Some people are. | 有些人就是 |
[21:30] | But not you. | 但你不是 |
[21:35] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[21:40] | This… | 这个… |
[21:43] | is the vambrace. | 是前臂护甲 |
[21:44] | It goes on the non-dominant arm. | 要把它戴在非惯用手臂上 |
[21:48] | Because mistakes in this game… | 因为在这游戏中如果犯错 |
[21:54] | …can hurt. | 是会受伤的 |
[22:03] | You have good instincts. | 你的直觉很不错 |
[22:06] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[22:09] | You’re too quick. | 你太快了 |
[22:12] | The eye is more important than the hand. | 眼睛比手更重要 |
[22:15] | See your target, | 看着你的目标 |
[22:17] | understand what you’re aiming for, | 明白你想要得到什么 |
[22:19] | don’t just physically let fly. | 不要只是单纯地做动作 |
[22:23] | Now, sight the center. | 现在 瞄准目标 |
[22:27] | The rest of the circles are irrelevant. | 除了它 别的都不重要 |
[22:38] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[22:39] | Of course, the beginning is often promising. | 当然了 万物伊始总是充满希望 |
[22:43] | The trick is to keep it going that way. | 困难在于如何保持下去 |
[22:55] | Mistress, there was an attack | 女士 在这条路上 |
[22:56] | on the royal carriage, just down the road. | 有一辆皇家马车被攻击了 |
[22:58] | Did you happen to see anything? | 你有看到什么吗 |
[23:01] | You needn’t be afraid to speak with us. | 你不用害怕和我们说话 |
[23:03] | I am the king of France. | 我是法国国王 |
[23:05] | I give you my word: no one will harm you. | 我向你保证 不会有人伤害你 |
[23:07] | You’re not the king of France. | 你才不是法国的国王 |
[23:09] | The king of France burned down my farm. | 法国国王烧光了我的田地 |
[23:12] | We didn’t give him enough money, he said. | 就因为我们没交够钱 他说的 |
[23:14] | He had to make an example of some farms. | 就要拿我们杀鸡儆猴 |
[23:17] | You don’t even look like him. | 你跟他长得一点都不像 |
[23:20] | Imposters. | 冒名顶替者 |
[23:22] | Doing evil in the name of the royals. | 顶着皇室的名义干坏事 |
[23:24] | Yeah, but why? | 可是为什么呢 |
[23:25] | Burning farms? | 烧光田地 |
[23:27] | What do they get from them? | 他们又能有什么好处 |
[23:28] | Farmers can’t pay very much. | 农民身上没多少油水 |
[23:30] | It discredits the king and queen. | 为了败坏国王和王后的声誉 |
[23:31] | It undermines the throne. | 让皇室威信尽失 |
[23:33] | Whoever’s behind it, | 不管是谁干的 |
[23:33] | we must hope that my wife and mother are nowhere near them. | 但愿别潜伏在我妻子和母亲身边 |
[23:36] | This false king and his men clearly aren’t afraid of violence, | 这假国王及其党羽显然不惧怕暴力 |
[23:39] | and they can’t afford to have two sets of royals in the same place. | 而且没法在同一地方冒充两波皇室成员 |
[23:42] | Francis and Mary… | 弗朗西斯和玛丽 |
[23:45] | I curse them. | 我诅咒他们 |
[23:46] | Let the castle burn and the queen writhe in the smoke. | 我诅咒城堡着火 烧得这王后不得好死 |
[23:49] | Let her hive be as barren as mine. | 诅咒她住的地方像我的一样贫瘠荒芜 |
[23:54] | No, Gifford. | 别 吉福德 |
[23:58] | Split up into smaller groups. | 分成小队搜寻 |
[24:00] | We must cover ground as quickly as we can. | 我们必须尽快搜索完这一片 |
[24:07] | The king and queen will retire to the upper rooms to refresh themselves, | 国王和王后会回到上房休息 |
[24:10] | before continuing their journey to Amiens. | 之后继续向亚眠行进 |
[24:22] | Well, that’s some good news at least. | 至少这是好消息 |
[24:24] | Amiens is halfway back to the castle. | 到了亚眠 回城堡的路就过半了 |
[24:26] | And the Duke of Amiens is a good and loyal man. | 亚眠的公爵也是位仁慈忠诚的人 |
[24:29] | He will see us safely the rest of the way home. | 接下来回家的路都有他照应我们周全 |
[24:38] | Her Majesty wishes to be alone. | 王后陛下不想被打扰 |
[24:41] | No, it’s all right. | 没关系 |
[24:43] | You can let her in. | 让她进来吧 |
[24:46] | Your Majesty, my mother and I are lady’s maids, | 王后陛下 我母亲和我是公爵夫人的侍女 |
[24:50] | out of work, due to the plague. | 因为瘟疫 我们没活计了 |
[24:52] | We’re trying to make our way back home, | 我们在想办法回家 |
[24:53] | and we wished to beg you for a ride to Amiens. | 希望您能带我们一程到亚眠 |
[24:56] | I have always wanted to be a lady’s maid! | 我一直都想当侍女呢 |
[24:59] | Have you served in many great houses? | 你们经常在大房子里干活吗 |
[25:01] | To be a lady’s maid? | 想当侍女 |
[25:03] | But you’re the queen of France. | 您可是法国的王后啊 |
[25:05] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[25:07] | I meant that when I imagine being one of the common people, | 我是说 我想象自己是平民的时候 |
[25:10] | I think being a lady’s maid would be fun. | 当侍女一定很有趣 |
[25:20] | You know, don’t you? | 你发现了 是吧 |
[25:25] | Is that why you’re here? | 所以你们才来找我 |
[25:26] | I just made up that pond of asses’ milk. | 那驴奶池的鬼话是我瞎编的 |
[25:28] | Why did you back me up? | 你为什么还帮我圆谎 |
[25:31] | Do you want money? | 你是不是想要钱 |
[25:32] | No, I just didn’t want to see you hurt. | 不是 我只是不想看你受伤 |
[25:38] | Daughter, this sensible woman knows better | 女儿啊 这女人这么精明 |
[25:40] | than to expect disinterested generosity from the world, right? | 怎么可能相信我们会这么无私 |
[25:45] | We must tell her the truth. | 我们必须告诉她真相 |
[25:48] | Like you, we are professional deceivers. | 像你一样 我们是很老道的江湖骗子 |
[25:52] | Tricksters. | 变戏法的 |
[25:54] | Beguilers of those poor folk who never leave their tiny plot of land. | 骗的就是这些没见识的乡巴佬们 |
[25:58] | Oh, they long for entertainment. | 他们几辈子都没什么消遣 |
[26:00] | And we give it to them, right? | 那我们给他们变点乐子 |
[26:01] | Take their money in return. | 骗点辛苦钱 |
[26:04] | Oh, now, of course, you got to this territory first, | 当然了 你先到了这片地界 |
[26:06] | and we wouldn’t dream of intruding. | 我们不会跟你争地盘 |
[26:09] | My daughter plays | 我女儿会扮演 |
[26:12] | Mary, Queen of Scots, | 苏格兰女王 玛丽 |
[26:15] | and I am Catherine de Medici. | 而我演凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[26:22] | Well, aren’t you a little short to play queens? | 你们演王后 有点太矮了吧 |
[26:26] | Nobody cares how tall you are | 只要戴上这个 |
[26:27] | when you’re wearing one of these. | 没人会注意你够不够高 |
[26:35] | I have never seen such beautiful work done with paste jewels! | 我从没见过粘假珠宝也有这么美的 |
[26:40] | You can have it… | 那就送你了 |
[26:42] | if you take us to Amiens. | 但你要带我们去亚眠 |
[26:45] | All right. | 好啊 |
[26:52] | I’m sorry, that’s not enough. | 抱歉 这还不够 |
[26:54] | It’s all we have. | 我们只有这么多了 |
[26:56] | – I beg your mercy… – Your older girl has a pleasing look. | -求您发发慈悲 -你大女儿长得不错啊 |
[27:00] | Do you add her to the pile? | 把她一起献给我怎么样 |
[27:05] | No. | 不行 |
[27:07] | Burn it all! | 都烧了 |
[27:12] | What… | 什么… |
[27:18] | I am an experienced actor, you know. | 我可是个经验丰富的演员 |
[27:21] | You should’ve heard the applause when I played Guinevere. | 你们真该听听我演格尼薇儿时的热烈掌声 |
[27:25] | But I thought women weren’t allowed on the stage. | 女人不是不准登台表演吗 |
[27:27] | Well, we aren’t, | 是不准的 |
[27:28] | and that’s why I couldn’t make a living. | 所以我才无法维持生计 |
[27:31] | But then I found a lover, | 但后来我找了个情人 |
[27:33] | and he found me this touring work, | 他给我找了个巡演的活 |
[27:34] | and it’s been easy ever since. | 日子从此好过多了 |
[27:36] | People just give us their best food and wine, | 人们愿意奉上最好的食物和红酒 |
[27:37] | and ask nothing in return. | 毫无怨言 不求回报 |
[27:40] | I love being a Queen. | 当王后太好了 |
[27:47] | What are you telling these people? | 你跟这些人胡言乱语什么 |
[27:49] | It’s all right, they’re like us. | 没事 她们跟我们是同行 |
[27:51] | And I promised that we would take them to Amiens. | 我答应要带她们去亚眠 |
[27:54] | Would you mind waiting outside? | 你们能回避一下吗 |
[27:56] | I would like to have a word with my Queen. | 我想和我的王后谈一谈 |
[28:03] | Keep them from leaving. | 别让她们走 |
[28:17] | Let us pass. | 让我们过去 |
[28:32] | This music’s charming, | 这乐曲真动听 |
[28:34] | but it would be much more charming | 但若你肯赏脸与我共舞 |
[28:35] | if you were dancing to it. | 乐曲会更为动听 |
[28:39] | What do you want from me? | 你想从我身上得到什么 |
[28:40] | I want to help with your dowry. | 我想帮你拿回嫁妆 |
[28:43] | I could also help with some other suggestions, too. | 我还有些别的提议 |
[28:44] | For instance, this would be | 比如 今晚夜色迷人 |
[28:47] | a beautiful night for a bath. | 沐浴观星一定别有一番情趣 |
[28:49] | A bath? | 沐浴 |
[28:51] | You can see the stars | 北面主楼的卧室 |
[28:52] | from the chamber in the North Keep. | 能够直接看到星辰 |
[28:53] | It’s a lovely room to bathe in, | 是个沐浴的好地点 |
[28:56] | and though the window is large, | 虽然窗户比较大 |
[28:57] | it’s not overlooked by anybody… | 但保证无人能窥视 |
[29:00] | except the parapet opposite. | 除了城外护墙上的人 |
[29:01] | But hardly anyone ever goes there. | 但很少有人会去那里 |
[29:05] | Are you seriously, seriously suggesting | 你真的是在要求 |
[29:07] | that you want to watch me bathe | 观看我沐浴 |
[29:09] | in exchange for getting my dowry back? | 作为帮我取回嫁妆的回报吗 |
[29:12] | Well, that is quite a leap. | 怎么可能 |
[29:14] | I would never speak so bluntly in front of a lady. | 我绝不会在淑女面前出口狂言 |
[29:17] | I’d simply say that midnight | 我只是在说午夜 |
[29:20] | is a very fine time for a bath. | 是沐浴的好时机 |
[29:23] | The world’s so quiet then, you could almost believe | 周围如此寂静 让你几乎相信 |
[29:24] | you’re the only one in it. | 是在独身沐浴 |
[29:29] | I’ll leave you to consider the advantages. | 你好好权衡一番利弊吧 |
[29:39] | Looking for the Queen? She’s upstairs. | 要找王后吗 她在楼上 |
[29:41] | Your Majesties. | 两位陛下 |
[29:43] | Thank heavens you’re all right. | 谢天谢地你们没事 |
[29:45] | Armsman Gifford, isn’t it? | 你是吉福德卫兵 对吧 |
[29:47] | My lady. | 女王陛下 |
[29:47] | We’ve been searching half of Northern France for you both. | 为了找你们 我们把法国北部翻了个底朝天 |
[29:50] | They said downstairs the Queen was here, but I wasn’t sure. | 楼下的人说女王陛下在此 但我不甚确定 |
[29:53] | Where is King Francis? | 弗朗西斯国王在哪 |
[29:55] | Well, he’s searching eastward of here. | 他在东面搜查 |
[29:56] | But I saw a carriage outside. | 但我在外头看见了马车 |
[29:58] | I’ll borrow it and take you both back to the castle | 我会借过来把两位陛下送回城堡 |
[30:00] | and send messengers to let him know you’re all right. | 而后告知国王你们安然无恙 |
[30:03] | No, that carriage belongs to imposters. | 不行 那马车是冒名顶替者的 |
[30:05] | They’re pretending to be the King and Queen. | 他们在冒充国王和王后 |
[30:06] | And they are in there now and they have my crown. | 他们现在就在房间内 我的皇冠还在他们手上 |
[30:09] | My lady, why don’t you wait downstairs? | 还请两位陛下到楼下稍等 |
[30:11] | And we’ll rout these mountebanks fast enough | 我们会快速收拾这几个江湖骗子 |
[30:14] | and leave them with the local magistrate. | 把他们交给当地法官 |
[30:16] | Don’t arrest the woman. | 别逮捕那个女人 |
[30:17] | I want her to come to the castle with us. | 我想让她和我们一同返回城堡 |
[30:19] | Your Majesty. | 遵命 陛下 |
[30:22] | Take her back to the castle? | 带她回城堡 |
[30:24] | I’m sure I can find her a position as a lady’s maid. | 我想应该能给她找份侍女的工作 |
[30:35] | What did you tell them? | 你跟她们说什么了 |
[30:36] | Did you talk about me? | 有提及我的事吗 |
[30:37] | Tell who? | 跟谁说 |
[30:39] | Oh, you fool, you don’t know who you were entertaining? | 你个傻瓜 你都不知道自己在演谁 |
[30:42] | That was the real Queen Mary and Catherine! | 那是真正的玛丽女王和凯瑟琳王太后 |
[30:47] | Mary and Catherine? | 玛丽和凯瑟琳 |
[30:51] | Come on! | 快说 |
[30:53] | I didn’t say anything. | 我什么也没说 |
[30:55] | Neither did Jenny. | 珍妮也是 |
[30:57] | No names, I swear. | 没提及任何名字 我发誓 |
[31:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[31:26] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[31:33] | Not a word, my love, hmm? | 把嘴巴闭严实点 亲爱的 知道了吗 |
[31:35] | Come here. | 来亲一个 |
[31:37] | Not a word. | 什么都不许说哦 |
[31:39] | We might both come out of this alive. | 我们也许能侥幸逃脱 |
[31:42] | Come on. | 起来 |
[31:43] | All right, you, clean up this room. | 你 把房间收拾干净 |
[31:45] | You, come with me to White Horse Hill. | 你跟我上白马山 |
[31:47] | You can help bury the two Queens. | 你能帮我埋葬两位王后 |
[31:50] | There must be no trace of this enterprise. | 不能留下一点痕迹 |
[32:01] | We should have hit the main road by now. | 我们现在应该到主道上了 |
[32:03] | Something’s wrong. | 有点不对劲 |
[32:04] | What is it? It’s all right. | 怎么了 没事的 |
[32:05] | You can tell me. I’m a friend. | 你可以告诉我 我是你的朋友 |
[32:07] | No. | 不 |
[32:09] | I am also your queen, and I command you to speak! | 我同时也是你的女王 我命令你说 |
[32:12] | Oh, God! He killed Roger. | 天啊 他杀了罗杰 |
[32:15] | Who’s Roger? | 谁是罗杰 |
[32:16] | Francis, Francis! Roger’s Francis. | 弗朗西斯 弗朗西斯 罗杰演的弗朗西斯 |
[32:21] | He told me to keep quiet. | 他让我别说出去 |
[32:23] | But when he sees that I can’t keep myself together, | 但要是他看我吓成这个样子 |
[32:25] | he’s going to kill me, too. | 他一定也会杀了我的 |
[32:27] | Kill you, too? | 也杀了你 |
[32:28] | The false king wasn’t your lover? | 那个假国王不是你的爱人 |
[32:30] | It’s Armsman Gifford. | 吉福德卫兵才是 |
[32:32] | The guard who rescued us? | 那个救了我们的卫兵 |
[32:33] | He’s the one who recruited you. | 是他雇了你 |
[32:36] | What are we going to do? | 接下来我们怎么办 |
[32:37] | He’s not taking us back to the castle. | 他不会送我们回城堡的 |
[32:41] | If I’ve learned one thing at French court, | 我在法国宫廷学到的一件事 |
[32:42] | it’s always keep a dagger on you. | 就是身上要永远带着匕首 |
[32:47] | Poison? | 下毒了吗 |
[32:48] | Oh, you say that so hopefully now. | 你的语气满是期待啊 |
[32:50] | But sadly, it’s not. | 但很遗憾 没有 |
[32:51] | I don’t carry poison everywhere! | 我不会随身带着毒药 |
[32:53] | I might accidentally kill myself. | 可能会不小心害死自己 |
[32:55] | Besides, Gifford and his men are armed with swords. | 再说了 吉福德和他的人都佩着剑 |
[32:57] | We’d never get even close enough to use these. | 我们甚至连近身反击的机会都没有 |
[33:00] | He might let her get close enough. | 他可能会让她靠近 |
[33:03] | What about the other guard? | 那剩下的卫兵呢 |
[33:04] | Once we take out Gifford, | 一旦我们拿下吉福德 |
[33:05] | it’ll be our three to his one. | 就是三对一 |
[33:06] | And we’ll have Gifford’s sword. | 我们还能拿到吉福德的剑 |
[33:07] | It’s the only chance we’ve got. | 这是我们唯一的机会 |
[33:08] | No, no, please! I’m a coward. | 不 不 拜托了 我很胆小的 |
[33:11] | Good. Cowards want to live. | 很好 胆小才会怕死 |
[33:15] | Now… | 听着… |
[33:16] | the quickest… | 最快的… |
[33:18] | The quickest route to the heart | 直插他心脏的最快路径 |
[33:19] | is through the fifth and sixth rib. | 是第五和第六根肋骨之间 |
[33:26] | Take it. | 拿着 |
[33:28] | It’s our only chance of survival. | 这是我们活下去的唯一机会 |
[33:43] | What is it? Why have we stopped? | 怎么回事 为什么我们停下来了 |
[33:46] | Mary, Queen of Scots. | 苏格兰女王玛丽 |
[33:48] | Did you really think you could wear the English coat of arms, | 你真的以为你能不花一分一毛 |
[33:51] | and not pay a price? | 就登上英格兰王位吗 |
[33:55] | Elizabeth is behind the imposters. | 伊丽莎白是幕后指使者 |
[33:58] | You as good as told the world you’re the rightful queen of England. | 你有种告诉世界你是英格兰女王 |
[34:04] | You’ve earned your punishment. | 一切都是你自作自受 |
[34:06] | This was a cheap way for her to give it to you. | 这种惩罚已经算是仁慈了 |
[34:08] | Finance a few needy actors, destroy your credibility… | 雇几个穷酸演员 毁了你的信誉 |
[34:11] | and your husband’s. | 还有你丈夫的 |
[34:14] | She paid me well as her agent. | 作为代办人 她给了我一笔钱 |
[34:16] | Wonder how much more she would reward me | 真想知道我帮她除掉了对手 |
[34:18] | for ridding her of her rival? | 她还会多给我多少钱 |
[34:20] | Who’d believe I’d find the queen of Scots here alone? | 谁能想到我会找到孤身一人的苏格兰女王 |
[34:24] | Not a single guard. | 不带一兵一卒 |
[34:25] | Not entirely alone. | 也不是完全一人 |
[34:34] | I’ll see you bitches in hell for making me do this. | 敢这么对我 你们去死吧 |
[34:36] | – God, please, no! – You stupid, stupid girl. | -天啊 拜托 不要 -你个小蠢货 |
[34:43] | Wait! | 等等 |
[34:44] | Think. Think! | 想想 想想看 |
[34:45] | Before you do anything else. | 在你再做任何事之前 |
[34:47] | You could make so much more money | 如果你留我们做人质 |
[34:48] | if you held us for ransom. | 可以得到更多的钱 |
[34:50] | You could bankrupt France. | 你可以使法国倾家荡产 |
[34:52] | My son will pay any price | 我儿子会不惜一切 |
[34:54] | for his mother and his wife. | 来救他母亲和妻子 |
[34:56] | I don’t trust you. | 我不相信你 |
[34:59] | Stay back! It’s poison! | 后退 这簪子有毒 |
[35:07] | No! | 不 |
[35:12] | More of his friends are coming. | 他的人马要来了 |
[35:15] | Wait, no! It’s Francis! | 等等 不 那是弗朗西斯 |
[35:22] | We found a guardsman | 我们找到一个卫兵 |
[35:23] | throwing bodies into a ditch behind a tavern. | 在一家酒馆后面挖沟埋尸体 |
[35:25] | He confessed, but he wasn’t sure you’d still be alive. | 他认罪了 但他不确定你们是否还活着 |
[35:29] | Oh, thank God. | 感谢上苍 |
[35:37] | Poor child. | 可怜的孩子 |
[35:48] | My dear, never give up a crown to anybody. | 亲爱的 永远别把王冠给任何人 |
[36:05] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[36:05] | I’ll retire to our chambers. | 我要回房间了 |
[36:07] | I’m very tired. | 我很累了 |
[36:09] | Of course. | 好 |
[36:19] | You’re a fool. | 你个笨蛋 |
[36:20] | This is none of your business. | 这和你无关 |
[36:21] | Mary risked her life today. | 玛丽今天冒了生命危险 |
[36:23] | And she was out there because she wanted to please you. | 她会出去是因为她想取悦你 |
[36:26] | By seeing a physician who could help her have a baby. | 为了去看医师 想要怀孕让你开心 |
[36:29] | I know that desperation. | 我知道那种绝望 |
[36:32] | Your pressure isn’t helping. | 你给她压力也无济于事 |
[36:35] | I was reminded today | 今天的事提醒了我 |
[36:36] | she’s a good fighter to have | 在没有任何退路的时候 |
[36:38] | when your back’s against the wall. | 她依然是名勇敢的斗士 |
[36:40] | Whatever is going on… | 不论发生了什么事 |
[36:43] | trust her. | 你要信任她 |
[36:44] | Be honest. | 对她诚实 |
[36:46] | If you don’t, she’ll end up a thousand miles away from you, | 如果你不信任她 她最终会推开你 |
[36:48] | playing her role out of duty. | 只是出于责任扮演自己的角色 |
[36:51] | And you would care? | 你在乎吗 |
[36:53] | She has a childlike belief | 她心存一种天真的信念 |
[36:55] | that a woman should trust her husband. | 就是女人应该信任自己的丈夫 |
[36:57] | I find… | 我发现… |
[37:00] | I wish it were true. | 我希望这是真的 |
[37:31] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[37:33] | It is a beautiful night for a bath. | 今晚良辰美景正适合沐浴 |
[37:37] | So I offered the use of the tub | 所以我让那个给我洗衣服的仆人 |
[37:39] | and five gold pieces to the servant who does my laundry. | 用我的浴盆洗澡 并且给了她五个金币 |
[37:42] | I warned her that someone might look. | 我提醒她可能有人会看 |
[37:45] | She said that for five gold pieces, | 她说给她五个金币 |
[37:46] | the entire castle could watch. | 整个城堡的人看都行 |
[37:48] | Well played. | 手段高明 |
[37:50] | And I should tell you that I’ve already | 我该告诉你 我已经阻止了他们 |
[37:53] | stopped the transfer of your dowry to Hungary. | 你的嫁妆不会运去匈牙利了 |
[37:55] | It’s yours. | 嫁妆是你的了 |
[37:56] | And I would be honored to be of any further | 我也很乐意在以后的日子里 |
[37:59] | service in the future. | 更多地为你服务 |
[38:02] | And I want you to know that | 我想让你知道 |
[38:04] | I do understand. | 我明白 |
[38:06] | “Understand”? | 明白什么 |
[38:07] | Why you wanted your dowry back. | 你为什么想要回自己的嫁妆 |
[38:10] | With it, you can stay or go as you wish. | 有嫁妆在手 你的去留都可以自己说了算 |
[38:13] | It means you haven’t surrendered to life at court. | 有嫁妆在手 你的一生不必拘于王庭 |
[38:15] | You can still make your own decisions. | 你仍然可以自己作出决定 |
[38:18] | Perhaps find love again. | 或许还能找到真爱 |
[38:20] | Get married. | 结婚生子 |
[38:22] | I have the same wish. | 我的愿望跟你一样 |
[38:26] | Most people seem to think | 大多数人好像都觉得 |
[38:27] | that women shouldn’t have such freedom. | 女人不该有这种自由 |
[38:29] | Ah, but you clearly have not listened to those people. | 但是显然你没有听那些人的话 |
[38:34] | For a woman | 作为一个 |
[38:35] | impatient with court ways, | 不喜宫廷的女人 |
[38:38] | you are becoming quite an intriguing game player. | 你这个玩家真是越来越有意思了 |
[38:42] | “The beginning is often promising. | 万物伊始总是充满希望 |
[38:45] | “The trick | 困难在于 |
[38:46] | is to go on that way.” | 如何保持下去 |
[38:58] | Seeing you safe today… | 看到你今天安全… |
[39:00] | I could not have borne losing you. | 我不能失去你 |
[39:03] | I want you to know that I didn’t | 我之前说过的话 |
[39:04] | mean those words I said. | 都不是真心的 |
[39:08] | I didn’t even mean them in the moment. | 我从来没有那么想过 |
[39:09] | I was desperate. | 我当时很绝望 |
[39:11] | I was afraid for you. | 我很担心你 |
[39:15] | God, Mary, I can’t live like this, with us so far apart. | 玛丽 我真的受不了我们这么疏离 |
[39:18] | Then stop shutting me out. | 那就不要再疏远我 |
[39:20] | Tell me why you’re so afraid. | 告诉我你为何如此害怕 |
[39:23] | Whatever it is, | 不论是什么 |
[39:24] | I will fight at your side! | 我都会与你一同承担 |
[39:28] | You would, wouldn’t you? | 你肯定会的 对不对 |
[39:30] | You’d fight to the end. | 你会抗争到底 |
[39:35] | There’s no need to be so ferocious, you know. | 其实没必要如此残酷 |
[39:37] | I was just… feeling the pressures of being a king. | 我只是 感受到了身为国王的压力 |
[39:42] | Naturally they take a toll. | 总会影响我 |
[39:43] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[39:45] | Whatever happens, I’ll never leave you, | 无论如何 我绝对不会离开你 |
[39:49] | never betray you. | 绝不会背叛你 |
[39:50] | Isn’t lack of honesty a betrayal? | 隐瞒不也是一种背叛吗 |
[39:52] | You must believe that I’ll fix this. | 你要相信 我可以处理好一切 |
[39:56] | I’ll end this distance between us, I swear. | 我一定会让我们重回往日的亲密 我发誓 |
[40:00] | You do believe me, don’t you? | 你信任我的 对吗 |
[40:06] | Of course I believe you. | 我当然信任你 |
[40:10] | You mean it? | 真的吗 |
[40:12] | You’re not just | 你不是在 |
[40:13] | acting the part of a dutiful wife like my mother had to? | 像我母亲一样 尽好自己的责任对吗 |
[40:15] | – I don’t want that. – No. | -我不想那样 -不 |
[40:18] | That will never be us. | 我们之间绝不会那样 |