时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Husband? You can’t have found someone already? | 丈夫 你自己肯定还没有人选吧 |
[00:05] | We both know you just want to be rid of me. | 你只是想摆脱我罢了 |
[00:07] | Greer, are you telling me that Lord Castleroy is a Protestant? | 葛瑞尔 你是说卡斯尔雷伯爵是新教教徒吗 |
[00:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:12] | Did you hire Montgomery to kill our father? | 是你雇了蒙戈马利杀害父亲吗 |
[00:14] | No, I did it myself. | 不 是我干的 |
[00:16] | I took Montgomery’s place. | 我顶替了蒙戈马利 |
[00:18] | Narcisse knows, he’s blackmailing me. | 纳西斯知道了 甚至以此要挟 |
[00:19] | He has Montgomery hidden away somewhere. | 他把蒙戈马利藏到别处了 |
[00:21] | This is no longer just about you. | 此事不止关乎你自己 |
[00:24] | Mary and Catherine planned Henry’s murder | 玛丽和凯瑟琳一起在私人弥撒时 |
[00:27] | during private mass. | 策划谋划杀害亨利 |
[00:28] | I spoke to the attending priest, | 我跟当时的主持牧师谈过话 |
[00:30] | and he told me all the details. | 他把细节都告诉我了 |
[00:32] | This is the Protestant minister | 这位是一位新教教长 |
[00:34] | whose church was burned down by Catholics. | 他的教堂被天主教徒烧毁了 |
[00:36] | I did not come here to beg for a new barn. | 我并非来乞求新的谷仓 |
[00:38] | We have stolen gunpowder, packed tightly and hidden. | 我们偷来了火药 捆好包好藏了起来 |
[00:41] | When we didn’t kill their minister, | 我们不杀他们的教长 |
[00:42] | they did it themselves. | 他们就自己动手 |
[00:43] | This is the Crown’s doing. | 肯定是国王干的 |
[00:45] | This is what the radicals wanted. | 这正是激进分子想要的局面 |
[00:47] | This is their bomb. | 这就是他们的炸弹 |
[00:53] | Pierre…? | 皮埃尔 |
[00:56] | Pierre? | 皮埃尔 |
[01:08] | What do you want with me? | 你想干什么 |
[01:10] | You’re going to change the face of France. | 你要改变法国的面貌 |
[01:51] | Allow me. | 请让我来 |
[01:55] | For you and your family. | 给你和你的家人 |
[01:56] | And spread the word about the Feast of St. Nicholas. | 告诉大家圣尼古拉斯盛宴即将开始 |
[01:58] | It will go on as always with gifts for the children, | 一如既往 孩子会得到礼物 |
[02:02] | music and dancing, | 还有音乐和舞蹈 |
[02:03] | and extra food and provisions for winter. | 也会再给大家分发过冬所需食物和补给 |
[02:05] | This is just the start. | 这只是个开始 |
[02:07] | More supplies will be coming. | 还会有更多的物资供应给大家 |
[02:09] | Begging your majesty, but some folks were scared to come today. | 启禀陛下 但有一些人今天因害怕没来 |
[02:13] | For those uneasy about a public gathering, | 对于不方便出来参加公众集会之人 |
[02:15] | my representatives will come to your home | 我会派人直接拜访到家 |
[02:17] | with food and supplies and no discussion of your faith. | 带去食物和必需品 不论大家信仰为何 |
[02:20] | It is the season for giving, not judging. | 现在是给予的季节 不是评判的时刻 |
[02:23] | The minister hung, right there, | 教长就被绞死在那里 |
[02:26] | beaten to death for asking for a new church. | 就因为想要一座新教堂就被毒打致死 |
[02:29] | The Crown did not murder your minister, as I’ve said before. | 教长不是国王所杀 我之前已经说过了 |
[02:32] | I ask you to look ahead, not backward, | 我希望大家往前看 而不是往后 |
[02:35] | and we will do the same. | 我们也会如此 |
[02:37] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[02:38] | We were neighbors once, | 我们以前是邻里街坊 |
[02:39] | living side by side. | 毗邻而居 |
[02:42] | We can be again. | 我们可以回到旧日时光 |
[02:47] | Thank you, cousin. | 谢谢你 表亲 |
[02:48] | Your presence here means a great deal, | 你今天来此意义重大 |
[02:50] | given our recent disagreements. | 鉴于我们最近多有意见不合 |
[02:52] | My politics have left you more aligned with Mary. | 我的政见是让你更多地与玛丽齐心 |
[02:55] | At least today, we’re united, | 至少今天我们还是齐心协力 |
[02:56] | to stop France from tearing itself in half. | 一起阻止法国内部四分五裂 |
[02:59] | I wonder if we can. | 不知道我们是否能做到 |
[03:01] | Your Majesty, | 国王陛下 |
[03:02] | your brother Sebastian asks you return to the castle. | 你哥哥塞巴斯蒂安让你回城堡 |
[03:06] | Lively, skipping steps. | 跳跃而有活力的舞步 |
[03:09] | Ladies, you haven’t been practicing. | 女士们 你们最近没有练习啊 |
[03:14] | Oh, let’s… | 我们… |
[03:15] | let’s take a break, shall we? | 我们先休息一下吧 |
[03:21] | Was that supposed to be the tarantella? | 你们刚才跳的是塔朗泰拉舞吗 |
[03:23] | Princess Claude. | 克洛德公主 |
[03:24] | It’s a new dance. From Spain. | 这是一种新舞蹈 从西班牙传来的 |
[03:26] | I would have invited you to the lesson, | 我本想邀请你一起学习的 |
[03:27] | but seeing as you don’t respond to any of my invitations… | 但是鉴于你对我的邀请不理不睬… |
[03:29] | Your invitations? | 你的邀请 |
[03:30] | To tea, for riding, | 邀请你喝茶 骑马 |
[03:31] | perhaps a simple thank you for the tiara I sent you? | 你是不是还该谢谢我送你皇冠头饰呢 |
[03:35] | The servants get worse every year. | 仆人真是越来越不靠谱了 |
[03:37] | I swear they forget I live here now. | 他们肯定是忘记我现在住这里了 |
[03:38] | But here I am. | 但是我这不来了吗 |
[03:40] | And I need all three of you, desperately. | 而且我非常需要你们三个人的帮助 |
[03:42] | What do you know about Lord Narcisse? | 关于纳西斯伯爵你们都知道什么 |
[03:46] | Really? Is it that bad? | 不会吧 有这么差劲吗 |
[03:49] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[03:50] | What is he, a whore chaser? | 他是什么样的人 专追妓女吗 |
[03:52] | Uh, we cannot speak to that. | 这个我们不方便说 |
[03:54] | Well, what kind of woman does Narcisse enjoy? | 那纳西斯喜欢什么样的女人 |
[03:56] | Well, you can’t be asking for yourself. | 你不会是为自己问的吧 |
[03:58] | We can speak to the fact that he kept his last wife in a cage. | 我们只能说 他上任妻子被他关在笼子里了 |
[04:02] | A cage? For punishment, or for erotic purposes? | 笼子里 是为了惩罚她 还是这么玩儿 |
[04:06] | Claude, Lord Narcisse is completely unsuitable for you. | 克洛德 纳西斯伯爵根本不适合你 |
[04:09] | He’s schemer, a liar, and he’s dangerous. | 他诡计多端谎话连篇 用心险恶 |
[04:12] | Perfect. | 简直太好了 |
[04:14] | Mother’s been foisting me on boring suitors | 母亲一直逼迫我去跟根本 |
[04:16] | utterly beneath me. | 配不上我的人成婚 |
[04:17] | An affair. | 可是风流韵事 |
[04:18] | A very public, juicy affair, | 跟一个臭名昭著的人发生一段 |
[04:20] | with a notorious old man would obliterate | 公开而刺激的风流韵事 肯定会 |
[04:22] | any chance she has of marrying me off. | 让她再无把我嫁出去的机会 |
[04:25] | Catherine would have you shackled, | 那样凯瑟琳肯定会把你 |
[04:26] | bound and thrown into the sea. | 五花大绑扔进海里喂鱼的 |
[04:28] | As to these other suitors, | 你说有其他追求者 |
[04:30] | why would Catherine want you to wed | 凯瑟琳为什么要你 |
[04:31] | beneath your station? | 与配不上你之人成婚 |
[04:33] | Who you marry, it’s a strategic alliance for France. | 你嫁给谁对法国而言也是一种战略结盟 |
[04:35] | The only alliance I’m interested in is | 我唯一感兴趣的同盟只要 |
[04:37] | temporary, delicious, in bed. | 床上功夫好就行了 |
[04:42] | Francis… | 弗朗西斯 |
[04:44] | If this is about the village this morning, | 如果是因为今早我去村里的事 |
[04:45] | I didn’t ask you because things there are still tense. | 我没跟你说是因为那里局势依然紧张 |
[04:48] | Things are tense across France, | 法国确实目前局势紧张 |
[04:50] | but I have an idea, so hear me out, please. | 但是我想到了个主意 所以求你听我说完 |
[04:53] | What if your sister Claude married Conde? | 让你妹妹克洛德嫁给康德怎么样 |
[04:56] | Marry a royal to | 嫁给一个 |
[04:57] | one of the most prominent Protestants in the country? | 国家内最为著名的新教教徒吗 |
[05:00] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:01] | An interfaith marriage. | 宗教之间通婚 |
[05:02] | In your family. | 在你们家族中 |
[05:03] | It sends a message. | 这显然表明了立场 |
[05:04] | It certainly does. | 那是当然 |
[05:07] | Marriages have been making alliances for centuries. | 几百年来婚姻关系一直是缔结同盟的办法之一 |
[05:09] | It’s a custom the people understand. | 这一习俗众人也都理解 |
[05:11] | By bringing Conde into your family, | 但是让康德成为你的家人 |
[05:13] | you exemplify acceptance, tolerance, | 就说明你接受宗教宽容 |
[05:15] | people living together in peace. | 那样大家就可以和平共处了 |
[05:17] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[05:18] | The nobles will rise against me. | 这样贵族会奋起反对我的 |
[05:20] | The marriage won’t confer any real power on the Protestants, | 这场婚姻不会给新教徒任何实际权力 |
[05:23] | but it would be a balm to them. | 但是对他们来说是种慰藉 |
[05:25] | Insurance from them rising up against you. | 可以确保他们不会反对你的统治 |
[05:28] | Against us. | 反对我们的统治 |
[05:29] | I’m sorry, my answer… | 对不起 我的答案… |
[05:31] | Is no. As I knew it would be. | 是不行 我早就料到了 |
[05:33] | You have fallen completely to the nobles. | 你已经完全被贵族左右了 |
[05:36] | But I had to try. | 但是我总得试一试 |
[05:39] | You said there was a development with Narcisse. | 你说纳西斯那边有进展了 |
[05:41] | Did you find Montgomery? | 你找到蒙戈马利了吗 |
[05:42] | No, but I’m hoping the man inside can help. | 没有 但是我希望里面的人能帮上忙 |
[05:44] | It’s Father Michael, the priest Catherine was going | 是米迦勒神父 凯瑟琳本想利用他 |
[05:46] | to use to poison Henry. | 来毒杀亨利的 |
[05:48] | The one Narcisse was hiding to use against us. | 纳西斯一直藏着他 用之对付我们 |
[05:53] | Please, Your Grace, | 求你了 陛下 |
[05:54] | I’ve been a loyal servant to your queen mother for years. | 我多年以来一直对你母亲忠心耿耿 |
[05:56] | Ask her. | 你可以问她 |
[05:57] | Narcisse threatened my parents and sister | 纳西斯威胁我的父母和妹妹 |
[05:59] | if I didn’t do what he said. | 逼我按他说的做 |
[06:00] | You mean stand ready to indict Queen Mary and my mother | 你是说你准备好揭发玛丽女王和我母亲 |
[06:02] | of attempted regicide? | 意图弑君了吗 |
[06:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[06:07] | Father Michael, do you know where Lord Narcisse was keeping | 米迦勒神父 你知道纳西斯伯爵把另一名人质 |
[06:09] | another hostage– Lord Montgomery? | 藏于哪里吗 就是蒙戈马利伯爵 |
[06:12] | No, the only man I saw, rather than the guard, was Balfont. | 不知道 除了侍卫 我就只见过贝尔丰特 |
[06:16] | Narcisse’s man. | 纳西斯的人 |
[06:17] | He brought food and checked on me every two or three days. | 他每两三天都会给我送食物 检查我的情况 |
[06:20] | I did hear Balfont say once, | 我有一次听贝尔丰特说 |
[06:21] | because the guard was sick of watching me, | 因为侍卫抱怨看管我看够了 |
[06:23] | that the man who was guarding Montgomery had it much worse. | 他说看管蒙戈马利的人情况更差劲 |
[06:26] | Balfont also checked on Montgomery? | 贝尔丰特也检查蒙戈马利的情况 |
[06:28] | He seemed to be in charge of us. | 貌似是他负责看管我们 |
[06:30] | When is Balfont due to visit you next? | 贝尔丰特下次什么时候去探监 |
[06:32] | He came two days ago. | 他两天前来过 |
[06:33] | So, perhaps today, or tomorrow. | 所以今天或明天就会来了 |
[06:36] | When Balfont sees that Father Michael’s missing, | 贝尔丰特看到迈克尔不见了 |
[06:37] | he’ll run straight to Narcisse. | 肯定会去找纳西斯 |
[06:39] | Balfont could be on his way to the farmhouse now. | 贝尔丰特可能正在去农场的路上 |
[06:42] | Narcisse will know that we’re eliminating his witnesses. | 纳西斯就会知道我们在解决他的证人 |
[06:46] | And play his hand by bringing Montgomery | 然后他把蒙戈马利带进宫廷 |
[06:47] | to court to accuse you of regicide. | 指责你谋害先王 |
[06:48] | We have to find Montgomery. | 我们得找到蒙戈马利 |
[06:50] | There’s no turning back now. | 已经没有后路了 |
[06:52] | I have to get out from underneath Narcisse. | 我必须摆脱纳西斯的压制 |
[06:54] | I’ve lost control of my country, | 我已经控制不住自己的国家 |
[06:55] | and my own wife can hardly look at me. | 妻子也不愿意理我 |
[06:58] | I’ll have Balfont followed. | 我会派人跟踪贝尔丰特 |
[07:01] | Or we capture and torture him | 或者抓住他严刑拷打 |
[07:03] | till he reveals Montgomery’s location. | 让他说出蒙戈马利的所在之处 |
[07:04] | No, we can’t be sure that he’ll talk. | 不行 我们无法保证他会张口 |
[07:07] | And Narcisse will miss him. | 纳西斯也不会在意一个小卒 |
[07:10] | Narcisse will order Balfont to fetch Montgomery. | 纳西斯会派贝尔丰特带回蒙戈马利 |
[07:13] | We follow Balfont. | 我们跟踪贝尔丰特就好 |
[07:15] | It’s a dangerous play. | 这招很危险 |
[07:16] | For all his threats, Narcisse might not want you gone. | 从他的威胁来看 纳西斯未必要逼你退位 |
[07:19] | Your successor could be worse in his mind. | 你的继承人在他手里更危险 |
[07:22] | Then I’ll have to push him. | 那我必须得逼他一回 |
[07:24] | And I know just how. | 我正好知道方法 |
[07:27] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[07:32] | I’ve changed my mind about Claude and Conde. | 克劳德和康德的婚事我改主意了 |
[07:35] | You were right. | 你说的没错 |
[07:36] | The marriage is a good option, a viable path towards peace. | 让他们结婚是明智的 是实现和平的好方法 |
[07:39] | We’ll announce their engagement tonight | 我们今晚在圣尼古拉斯宴会上 |
[07:41] | at the St. Nicholas Feast. | 宣布他们订婚 |
[07:41] | Well, what about the nobles? | 那贵族们怎么办 |
[07:43] | I’ll deal with the nobles. | 我来应付贵族 |
[07:45] | Using your argument that a stable France, | 就用你的说法 简单用婚姻 |
[07:46] | cheaply bought with a marriage, benefits them most of all. | 换取稳定的法国对他们最有利 |
[07:50] | I’m afraid to believe you. | 我不敢相信你 |
[07:51] | You’ve been so erratic lately, as you are now. | 你最近总是反复无常 就跟你现在一样 |
[07:55] | Please speak with Claude and Conde. | 请你去跟克劳德和康德谈谈 |
[07:57] | I could force their engagement, | 我可以强迫他们订婚 |
[07:58] | but it would hardly engender good will, on either side. | 但那会让他们俩心生厌恶 |
[08:01] | Don’t go back on your word, Francis. | 别再出尔反尔了 弗朗西斯 |
[08:03] | I’m trusting you. | 我在试着相信你 |
[08:05] | Don’t give me hope for France, for us, | 别再让我燃起对法国 对我们俩的希望 |
[08:07] | and then take it away again. | 然后再无情夺走 |
[08:19] | It’s strange– though you never set out to be, | 很奇怪 虽然并非刻意而为 |
[08:22] | you are the most visible Protestant leader in France. | 但你是法国最广为人知的新教领袖 |
[08:25] | You’re a noble, and a Prince of the Blood. | 你是贵族 有着皇室血统的王子 |
[08:28] | They look up to you, Louis. | 他们追随着你 路易斯 |
[08:30] | Now I feel a creeping sense of unease. | 我怎么感觉到一丝不安 |
[08:33] | Because you’ve come to know me. | 因为你已经了解我了 |
[08:35] | I ask for things. | 我是来请求的 |
[08:37] | And I am asking you if you would become | 我请求你成为全法国的 |
[08:39] | a symbol for all of France. | 一个榜样 |
[08:45] | Would you consider marrying the princess Claude? | 你能娶克劳德公主吗 |
[08:53] | You’re serious. | 你是认真的 |
[08:55] | You and Francis? | 这是你和弗朗西斯的决定吗 |
[08:57] | Yes, Francis has agreed. | 是的 弗朗西斯已经同意了 |
[09:00] | Your marriage would help ease religious violence and distrust. | 你们的婚姻有助于缓解宗教间的暴行和猜忌 |
[09:04] | The realm seems calm now, | 如今全国看似平定 |
[09:05] | but that’s only because those who have been beaten down are terrified. | 但那仅仅是因为被打击的那一方心怀恐惧而已 |
[09:08] | We must do something now. | 我们必须有所行动 |
[09:11] | Claude is not my choice of an ideal wife– | 克劳德并不是我心目中理想的妻子人选 |
[09:13] | she’s young, and I admit I haven’t met her officially, | 她太年轻 而且我和她还没正式见过面 |
[09:16] | but I’ve heard enough to know she’s a terror. | 但我听到的流言已经能断定她很可怕了 |
[09:18] | Yes, you prefer your women more mature. | 是啊 你希望自己的妻子成熟贤惠 |
[09:21] | And married. | 还是个已婚女子 |
[09:23] | Ever since I converted, | 自从我声称自己是新教徒 |
[09:25] | my brother, the King of Navarre, has been in negotiations | 我的哥哥 纳瓦拉国王 一直游说我 |
[09:27] | for me to marry a Protestant duchess. | 让我娶一个信奉新教的女公爵 |
[09:29] | But you’d be marrying into the royal family– a princess. | 但你娶公主的话就能成为皇室一员了 |
[09:32] | It’s a far superior alliance for him to make. | 这样的联姻比他安排的高级多了 |
[09:34] | And have you even met this duchess? | 况且你见过那个女公爵了吗 |
[09:36] | She could be worse. | 她可能更糟 |
[09:37] | I didn’t fully agree to her, either. | 我也没想娶她 |
[09:39] | Louis, we’ve been given so much, just by birth. | 路易斯 我们生来就身份尊贵 |
[09:42] | And I know that I’m asking you to give up | 我知道自己是在要求你 |
[09:44] | something enormous in return. | 放弃更为广阔的前景 |
[09:46] | But if it saved lives, | 但如果可以挽救生命 |
[09:48] | changed France, | 变革法国 |
[09:49] | and possibly brought you happiness | 这个充满灵气 美丽的公主 |
[09:51] | with a spirited, beautiful princess… | 甚至可能带给你幸福 |
[09:54] | isn’t it worth considering? | 难道不值得考虑一下吗 |
[09:57] | You know you could sell the ocean | 你这人也太巧舌如簧了 |
[09:58] | a cup of water, don’t you? | 可让人怎么拒绝 |
[10:01] | Are you saying…? | 你是说… |
[10:01] | Yes, I’ll do it. | 我同意 |
[10:04] | I’ll marry Claude. | 我会娶克劳德 |
[10:05] | This will change everything. | 这会改变一切 |
[10:07] | I’ll be your brother-in-law. | 我会成为你的妹夫 |
[10:09] | Living at court, | 生活在宫廷中 |
[10:10] | a part of your family, forever. | 跟你成为一家人 |
[10:13] | Our children will grow up side by side. | 我们的孩子会一起长大 |
[10:17] | The times we have banded together, | 我们合作的这段时间 |
[10:18] | you have been a brave– a very brave– | 你一直是个勇武过人 |
[10:21] | like-minded friend. | 志趣相投的朋友 |
[10:23] | Which is why we will be overjoyed | 所以我们很高兴 |
[10:25] | to bring you into our lives. | 让你加入我们的生活 |
[10:27] | Both mine and Francis’s. | 我的生活以及弗朗西斯的生活 |
[10:29] | So when do I meet my future wife? | 什么时候让我见见我未来的妻子 |
[10:31] | Who are you to arrange my future? | 你有什么资格安排我的未来 |
[10:34] | I don’t need a husband. | 我不需要丈夫 |
[10:36] | I already have a mother to make me miserable. | 我妈已经让我很难过了 |
[10:38] | Conde would hardly make you miserable. | 康德不会让你难过的 |
[10:40] | He’s young, dashing, rich, | 他年轻 勇敢 富有 |
[10:42] | powerful– the list goes on. | 有权有势等等 |
[10:45] | At least meet him before you dismiss him out of hand. | 拒绝他之前至少先跟他见个面 |
[10:47] | He sounds like a charming pair of shackles. | 他就像个华丽的手铐 |
[10:49] | Claude, in this moment, | 克劳德 如今 |
[10:50] | the very future of France rests in your hands. | 法国的未来就掌握在你手里 |
[10:53] | Oh, then we are in dire, dire circumstances. | 那我们完了 彻底完了 |
[10:56] | – Oh, sweet Lord. – Incredible. | -老天 -难以置信 |
[10:58] | The merest whiff of marriage brings you running. | 提一句结婚就能把你招来 |
[11:00] | Like a bloodhound. | 像条猎犬似的 |
[11:01] | One needs to be quick to keep track of you. | 想看住你可不得动作快点 |
[11:03] | I will not have a Protestant, | 我绝不允许一个新教徒 |
[11:04] | let alone a Bourbon, marry Claude. | 跟别提还是个波旁族 娶克劳德 |
[11:06] | Lord Conde could make a claim to the throne– | 康德伯爵可能会继承王位 |
[11:08] | he has royal blood of his own. | 他有皇室血统 |
[11:10] | Conde will never rule. | 康德绝不会称王 |
[11:11] | And I will never marry him. | 我也绝不会嫁给他 |
[11:14] | Oh, hallelujah! | 哈利路亚 |
[11:16] | We’re in agreement. | 我俩居然意见一致 |
[11:17] | This may be a bona fide miracle. | 这肯定是个奇迹 |
[11:20] | Stop. The truth is, | 等等 事实是 |
[11:21] | if the king wants this marriage to happen, | 如果国王希望你们结婚 |
[11:23] | it will happen. | 你们就得结婚 |
[11:24] | Tell the king– | 告诉国王 |
[11:26] | my brother– that I am not a brood mare | 也就是我哥哥 我可不是 |
[11:28] | to be bartered and sold. | 用来交易的母驴 |
[11:31] | By any of you. | 你们谁都不行 |
[11:36] | Catherine, help me. | 凯瑟琳 帮帮我 |
[11:37] | It’s a good marriage. | 这是好姻缘 |
[11:38] | You’ve been dying to marry Claude off. | 你不是疯狂地想把克劳德嫁出去吗 |
[11:41] | Conde is a Protestant, yes, but he’s rich, | 没错 康德是个新教徒 但他富有 |
[11:43] | and his brother is a king. | 哥哥还是国王 |
[11:45] | – He resides here now. – At the moment, yes. | -他现在住在这吗 -眼下是的 |
[11:47] | Then he solves nothing for me. | 那他解决不了任何问题 |
[11:51] | Claude will only be happy away from the castle. | 克劳德只有远离宫廷才能幸福 |
[11:54] | And why is that? | 为什么 |
[11:55] | She is my daughter. | 她是我女儿 |
[11:57] | It is my right and duty to map her life. | 为她规划人生是我的责任和权利 |
[11:59] | Uh, if you ever have children, | 等你有了孩子 |
[12:02] | you’ll understand that. | 就会明白了 |
[12:03] | Do not lay a hand on her future. | 你少插手她的未来 |
[12:11] | In all our ventures together, | 我们经历过那么多冒险 |
[12:13] | I’ve never seen your husband so happy. | 我从没见过你丈夫这么开心 |
[12:15] | There’s a light in his eyes that clearly you put there. | 你让他的双眼迸发光芒 |
[12:18] | He is a charmer. | 谁叫他那么迷人呢 |
[12:20] | What’s happening with the school? | 学校怎么样了 |
[12:21] | Did my funding help it complete? | 我的资助够它建成吗 |
[12:23] | Hugo, can you update us all? | 雨果 跟我们说说是怎么回事 |
[12:25] | Hugo’s our money man. | 雨果是管理我们账目的人 |
[12:26] | He’s been on top of some issues with the construction. | 他一直在跟进工程的进展 |
[12:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:29] | Fighting in Chambord delayed the materials. | 在香博堡的战火延误了材料的运输 |
[12:31] | – We’re working on another route. – I’m sorry, | -我们正在寻找其他的路径 -抱歉 |
[12:33] | am I to understand you’re financing this movement? | 你是在资助这场运动吗 |
[12:35] | Building a school, dear. | 我是在建学校 亲爱的 |
[12:37] | In an under-serviced region. | 在贫穷落后的地区建学校 |
[12:39] | And I… I’m merely one of the donors. | 而且我只是资助人之一 |
[12:41] | It feels good to be involved. | 参与这种善事能让人心情愉悦 |
[12:43] | Can I share with you some of our other projects? | 我能跟你分享一下我们其他的项目吗 |
[12:46] | I’d like that. | 乐意之极 |
[12:48] | But first, let me show you the gardens you were asking about. | 但首先 让我带你们参观一下花园 |
[12:56] | This luncheon is about a bit more | 这场午餐会不只是想 |
[12:57] | than meeting your friends, isn’t it? | 让我见见你的朋友 对吧 |
[12:58] | You’re trying to convert me. | 你试图改变我的信仰 |
[13:00] | I was hoping if you saw how much good work we do, | 我希望在你看到我们做了多少善事 |
[13:02] | how reasonable they are… | 看到他们有多通情达理后… |
[13:04] | – I’d come to your side? – Well, that’s just it, | -我就会投奔新教吗 -就是这点 |
[13:06] | I don’t want there to be sides. | 我不想有两教之分 |
[13:08] | I want us to be together, in all things. | 我想让我们无时无刻都团结一致 |
[13:20] | Very nice. | 挺不错嘛 |
[13:22] | I see Mary’s point now. | 现在我明白玛丽的意思了 |
[13:24] | She sent you to woo me, didn’t she? | 她派你来追求我来了 对吧 |
[13:25] | Yes. How’s it going so far? | 是的 效果如何 |
[13:28] | Hard to say. | 难说 |
[13:29] | Tell me this: | 告诉我 |
[13:30] | Do you always do Mary’s bidding? | 你一向对玛丽言听必从吗 |
[13:32] | Or does your ambition spark this desire for a royal marriage? | 还是你志高望远 才想和皇族联姻 |
[13:35] | Are you in need of money? Lands? | 你是需要金钱或是土地吗 |
[13:39] | I have vast holdings, and I am well… | 我财产众多 而且我也… |
[13:41] | Endowed? | 富可敌国 |
[13:43] | Provided for… | 资产不薄 |
[13:45] | through my family and my own enterprises. | 有我家族以及我自己事业的支持 |
[13:48] | Well, I haven’t seen your… region… | 我还没验过你的”领土” |
[13:51] | but I assume it’s satisfying. | 但我猜应该会令人满意吧 |
[13:53] | That is the popular view. | 大家都这么认为 |
[13:55] | Of your many lovers, that’s right. | 也对 这是你众多情人的评价 |
[13:57] | I hear you are quite the ruiner of noble married women. | 我听说你是已婚贵族女士杀手 |
[14:01] | That is slander. | 那绝对是诽谤 |
[14:03] | They returned to their husbands in… | 她们回到丈夫身边时 |
[14:05] | finer spirits than when they went on holiday. | 比度假回来还要开心 |
[14:09] | And would you break their hearts, | 你会伤她们的心吗 |
[14:10] | or keep them warm and waiting on the side, | 一直和她们保持暧昧的关系 |
[14:12] | if we did marry? | 假设在我们结婚后 |
[14:13] | Would I be able to have lovers, too? | 我也能有情人吗 |
[14:16] | Ideally, no. | 最好不要 |
[14:18] | To us both. | 我们都不应该有 |
[14:19] | I know it’s awkward… we’ve been tossed together, | 我知道这很尴尬 我们被硬凑到一起 |
[14:21] | the would-be saviors of France… but… | 法国未来的救世主 但… |
[14:23] | we can take our time. | 我们可以慢慢来 |
[14:24] | Even after marriage, I wouldn’t force you… | 即使成婚后 我也不会勉强你 |
[14:26] | Why downplay the only remotely interesting thing about this union? | 为什么要看轻这桩婚姻里唯一有趣的事 |
[14:29] | Why, indeed. | 的确 |
[14:31] | But it’s not the only interesting thing. | 但这可不是唯一有趣的事吧 |
[14:33] | If we do wed, and we dislike each other, | 如果我们真的成婚后 发现不合适 |
[14:34] | we could find a way to… be free but married. | 可以找到即使成婚 依旧自由的方法 |
[14:38] | Or perhaps we’ll find that in each other | 也许我们都能容忍对方 |
[14:40] | there’s someone we’re willing to be tethered to. | 心中另有牵挂 |
[14:49] | I’ve just learned that you have given | 我刚听说你同意了 |
[14:50] | consent to your sister’s marriage to Conde. | 让你妹妹嫁给康德 |
[14:52] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[14:54] | Can’t you work with me, for once? | 你就不能跟我合作一回吗 |
[14:56] | France is on the verge of a revolt. | 法国正面临起义的危机 |
[14:58] | You are wrong. All is quiet. | 你错了 一切都很平静 |
[15:01] | You’ve cracked a few skulls… | 你是伤了几条人命 |
[15:02] | a painful method of instilling order, | 这是灌输信仰的方式 |
[15:04] | but one that has worked. | 痛苦且有效 |
[15:05] | When push comes to shove, | 在逼迫之下 |
[15:06] | people will trade their faith for survival. | 人们会以信仰换取生存 |
[15:08] | No, I don’t trust that it’s over. | 不 我不相信这事能就此了结 |
[15:10] | I was in the midst of that riot. | 我当时就在暴乱之中 |
[15:12] | I saw stones thrown, Frenchmen attacking Frenchmen. | 我看见乱石飞舞 法国人互相残杀 |
[15:15] | People died! I… | 无数人因此丧命 我… |
[15:18] | I haven’t slept in days. | 我多日夜不能寐 |
[15:20] | My sister’s marriage may not be enough. | 单凭我妹妹的联姻可能还不足够 |
[15:22] | I may have to reverse the edict, | 我也许得废除法令 |
[15:23] | or issue a new one protecting Protestants. | 或是颁布新的法令保护新教徒 |
[15:27] | You do not seem yourself, my King. | 你看起来与往常不太一样 国王陛下 |
[15:30] | That is because I am your King, not my own. | 因为我是受你摆布的国王 |
[15:33] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我不能再这样下去了 |
[15:34] | I won’t. | 也不会如此 |
[15:35] | If you allow this marriage to go ahead, | 如果你促成了这桩婚事 |
[15:38] | I will remove you from the throne. | 我会把你从王位上扯下 |
[15:40] | Have you forgotten what I can do to you, | 你忘了我能对你干什么了吗 |
[15:42] | what I know about you? | 我手上握有关于你的秘密 |
[15:44] | I can’t live like this anymore! | 我不能再这样生活下去了 |
[15:46] | And what of Mary… | 那玛丽怎么办… |
[15:47] | and your line? | 还有你的血脉 |
[15:49] | I can’t think about that. | 我已无暇顾及这些 |
[15:51] | They’ll survive. | 他们自有生存之法 |
[15:53] | Somehow. | 总会有办法 |
[15:54] | Or perhaps we are all doomed by my mistakes. | 也许我们都将因我的错误而遭灭顶 |
[15:58] | Francis… you said yourself you haven’t slept in days. | 弗朗西斯 你也说了你好几天没合眼 |
[16:02] | Perhaps what you need now is rest. | 也许你现在需要的是睡眠 |
[16:06] | Oh… now you care about my health? | 现在你还关心起我的健康来了 |
[16:07] | All I am saying is that you need not make any decisions today. | 我想说的只是 你不必急于下决定 |
[16:12] | There are no crises looming | 眼下没有迫切的危机 |
[16:13] | except that those you create. | 除却你自己制造的这些 |
[16:15] | Leave me. | 让我静静 |
[16:16] | I will not have you hissing in my ear. | 别老在我耳边吵吵 |
[16:20] | Let me be, let me rest. | 让我静静 好好休息 |
[16:22] | Yes. | 遵命 |
[16:33] | You think he was convinced? | 你觉得他相信了吗 |
[16:35] | I’m not sure I want you to be king anymore. | 我都不确定我是否想让你当国王了 |
[16:37] | Good. | 好极了 |
[16:39] | Then he’ll move to take my head. | 那他就会趁机谋反 |
[16:47] | I’m not sure it’s safe to let you | 我不确定在没有女伴的陪同下 |
[16:48] | in my chambers without a chaperone. | 让你进入我寝室是否安全 |
[16:50] | You’re not safe. | 你不安全 |
[16:52] | But not because of me. | 但不是因为我 |
[16:53] | Do you realize | 你是否明白 |
[16:55] | what will happen if you go ahead | 如果你同意嫁给康德 |
[16:57] | with this marriage to Conde? | 会发生什么事 |
[16:58] | You’ve made friends at court. | 你消息倒是挺灵通的 |
[16:59] | You’ll be nothing less than a test | 你会沦为一个试验品 |
[17:02] | to see if a mixed union can survive without one | 看两教联姻能否成功 在你们一方 |
[17:05] | or both of you being assassinated. | 或双方都不被暗杀的情况下 |
[17:09] | And why such concern for me? | 你为什么那么关心我的事 |
[17:11] | We’ve only just met. | 我们才刚认识不久 |
[17:13] | Oh, don’t be coy. | 别假惺惺了 |
[17:15] | You’ve already used me once | 你已经利用我 |
[17:17] | to get out of marrying a suitor. | 摆脱了一个追求者 |
[17:19] | And there have been the glances between us. | 而且我们也眉目传情过 |
[17:22] | – A look is not a purchase. – Marry me. | -看个几眼不代表什么 -嫁给我 |
[17:26] | Elope with me now | 马上跟我私奔 |
[17:26] | before anyone can stop us– it will save your life. | 在有人能阻止我们之前 这能保你不死 |
[17:29] | And raise your station. | 还能让你提升地位 |
[17:30] | Marry me… | 嫁给我 |
[17:32] | or your brother will force you to marry Conde. | 否则你哥哥会逼你嫁给康德 |
[17:35] | No one forces me to do anything. | 没人能逼迫做任何事 |
[17:36] | As King, he trumps us all. | 作为国王 他的权力大于一切 |
[17:41] | But if we were to wed… | 但如果你我联姻 |
[17:44] | we would forge a bond… | 能形成一个强大的联盟 |
[17:47] | that only the Vatican could break. | 只有梵蒂冈能够打破 |
[17:54] | So many suitors… | 这么多追求者… |
[17:56] | and Lord Conde is so young. | 康德伯爵又如此年轻 |
[18:00] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[18:02] | And handsome. | 而且一表人才 |
[18:05] | And well positioned. | 地位尊贵 |
[18:08] | And worth being assassinated for? | 值得让你为他被暗杀吗 |
[18:10] | If you want something to die for, | 如果你想要值得让你付出生命的东西 |
[18:13] | I can give it to you. | 我能给你 |
[18:18] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑的 |
[18:20] | As I trust you will think about me. | 我相信你也会对我念念不忘 |
[18:28] | You may go. | 你可以退下了 |
[18:36] | Why are you sacrificing me for an alliance with Protestants? | 为什么你要为与新教联盟而牺牲我 |
[18:38] | Why does Lord Narcisse | 为什么纳西斯伯爵 |
[18:39] | care more about my welfare than my own brother? | 比我的亲哥哥更关心我 |
[18:42] | Claude, as royals, | 克洛德 作为皇室成员 |
[18:43] | we are all at risk every day. | 我们每天都有生命危险 |
[18:45] | But your marriage to Conde could bring peace to France. | 但你和康德的联姻能给法国带来和平 |
[18:47] | I care about me, not France. | 我只在乎我自己 不在乎法国 |
[18:50] | That’s your job. | 那是你的工作 |
[18:51] | Please listen to me. | 请听我说 |
[18:52] | Narcisse is trying to scare you, | 纳西斯是在吓你 |
[18:54] | to serve his own purposes. | 为了达成他自己的目的 |
[18:55] | Do you really think he cares whether you live or die? | 你真的以为他会关心你的生死 |
[18:57] | He did offer to marry me himself, | 他自己说要和我结婚 |
[18:59] | so he could attach himself to the royal line. | 这样他就能进入皇室了 |
[19:01] | Of course he did. | 当然了 |
[19:04] | Claude, as your king, | 克洛德 作为你的国王 |
[19:05] | I could order you to marry Conde, | 我本可以命令你嫁给康德 |
[19:06] | however I am urging you to do it | 但我做为这个家族的一员 |
[19:08] | as a member of this family. | 劝你这么做 |
[19:10] | I’m asking you to step forward in a way you never had to, | 我在请求你踏上一条你从不需要 |
[19:13] | never been asked to. | 从没被要求走的路 |
[19:14] | For years, you have been writing me letters | 多年来 你一直给我写信 |
[19:16] | saying you felt you had no real place among your own blood. | 说你觉得在血亲中毫无地位 |
[19:20] | – You want to be accepted, respected. – I do. | -你想被接受 被尊重 -我想 |
[19:22] | This is your chance. | 这就是你的机会 |
[19:24] | This is your time… | 这就是你的时刻 |
[19:25] | to fulfill your duty, | 来履行你作为瓦卢瓦家族一员的 |
[19:26] | your destiny as a Valois. | 责任与命运 |
[19:29] | I’m asking you to do it for me– | 我请求你为了我这么做 |
[19:30] | the one person who has accepted and protected you | 唯一一个无论你犯了多少错 |
[19:33] | no matter how far you transgressed. | 还依旧接受并保护你的人 |
[19:35] | Go to Narcisse now, | 现在去找纳西斯 |
[19:37] | turn down his proposal. | 拒绝他的求婚 |
[19:42] | I’m marrying Conde. | 我要和康德结婚 |
[19:43] | But thanks anyway for your selfless offer. | 但不管怎么样还是感谢你那大公无私的求婚 |
[19:45] | Are you prepared to die for this marriage? | 你打算为这婚姻而死 |
[19:50] | At least my family will cry at my funeral. | 至少我的家人会在我葬礼上为我流泪 |
[19:55] | Get Lord Montgomery, bring him here to the castle. | 去找蒙戈马利伯爵 把他带来城堡 |
[19:57] | We are pressing regicide charges today. | 我们今天要进行弑君的指控 |
[19:59] | Francis is crumbling under the pressure. | 弗朗西斯被压力击垮了 |
[20:02] | He’s defiant but defeated. | 他目中无人但还是垮了 |
[20:04] | He needs to go before he makes decisions that I cannot reverse. | 在他做出我无法逆转的决定之前 他得死 |
[20:06] | You think Catherine will be regent? – Most likely. | -你觉得凯瑟琳会摄政 -很有可能 |
[20:09] | It’s not ideal, | 虽然并不理想 |
[20:10] | but she is a staunch Catholic, | 但她是个忠诚的天主教徒 |
[20:12] | and she’ll be mourning the loss of her son, | 而且她会为他儿子的死伤心欲绝 |
[20:14] | scrambling to prepare a child for the throne. | 慌忙让某个孩子继位 |
[20:16] | So she’ll need help. | 所以她需要帮助 |
[20:18] | She’ll need me. | 她需要我 |
[20:19] | Now, go. | 现在 快去 |
[20:23] | Narcisse has met with Balfont. | 纳西斯见贝尔丰特了 |
[20:25] | Why aren’t you following him? | 你为什么不跟着他 |
[20:27] | I had the stable hands | 我让马厩的人 |
[20:28] | delay Balfont’s horse to give us time. | 拖住贝尔丰特的马给我们争取时间了 |
[20:30] | I’m coming with you to get Montgomery. | 我和你一起去找蒙戈马利 |
[20:31] | You’ll need help against Balfont, | 你对抗贝尔丰特需要帮手 |
[20:32] | and no one else can know that Montgomery’s being held, | 别人不可以知道蒙戈马利被囚禁 |
[20:34] | ready to be brought against me. | 准备带来对抗我 |
[20:35] | I should argue against it for your safety, | 为了你的安全我应该竭力反对 |
[20:38] | but we have one chance and we cannot fail. | 但我们只有一次机会 我们不能失败 |
[20:40] | If we fail, remember… | 要是我们失败了 记住 |
[20:41] | I’ll get Mary to the safe house and out of the country. | 我会把玛丽带到安全的地方再离开法国 |
[20:44] | She can never return to France or Scotland. | 她绝对不能再回法国或者苏格兰 |
[20:46] | Mary will never be found. | 玛丽永远不会被人发现 |
[20:47] | She’ll live the rest of her life in exile, in anonymity. | 她会在他乡默默地度过余生 |
[20:50] | But she’ll live– | 但她会活着 |
[20:51] | and my death would be worth it. | 那我的死就值了 |
[20:53] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[20:55] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[21:00] | Mary, I love you. | 玛丽 我爱你 |
[21:02] | You do know that, no matter what I’ve done. | 你知道这点 无论我做了什么 |
[21:05] | What’s happened? | 发生什么了 |
[21:06] | Nothing. | 什么也没有 |
[21:08] | It’s just the season. | 只是到节日了 |
[21:10] | Makes one take stock of the year. | 来想想一年发生的事 |
[21:11] | Well, then, let’s enjoy the season. | 那么让我们享受节日吧 |
[21:15] | Shall we get ready for the feast together? | 我们能一起准备宴会吗 |
[21:16] | There are a few things I have to take care of first. | 还有些事我得先去做完 |
[21:20] | But don’t worry. | 但别担心 |
[21:22] | All is well. | 一切都很好 |
[21:24] | All right then. | 好吧 |
[21:28] | Mary, wait a minute– I know you’re still angry but… | 玛丽 等等 我知道你还没消气但… |
[21:31] | let me look at you. | 让我看看你 |
[21:40] | Enough? | 看够了 |
[21:42] | Not nearly. | 远远不够 |
[22:27] | Presents for the servants. | 仆人们也有礼物 |
[22:29] | How progressive. | 真不错啊 |
[22:31] | You have no idea. | 你毫不知情 |
[22:32] | Oh, I’m afraid I do. | 恐怕我知道 |
[22:34] | The engagement will be announced tonight, will it not? | 订婚今晚就会宣布 对吧 |
[22:37] | The plan to mix your blood line with Protestants. Bourbons. | 将新教混入你们的血脉的计划 波旁家族 |
[22:41] | – I did what I could to stop it. – I heard. | -我竭尽一切来阻止 -我听说了 |
[22:45] | Stay away from my daughter. | 离我女儿远点 |
[22:47] | You cannot support this engagement. | 你不能支持这场订婚 |
[22:49] | Do I look pleased? But I am not king. | 我看起来很开心吗 但我不是国王 |
[22:52] | Pity. You would have made a good one. | 真可惜 本可以有更好的姻缘的 |
[22:57] | To what might have been. | 敬可能发生的一切 |
[23:02] | Have you seen Francis? | 见到弗朗西斯了吗 |
[23:03] | Bash said they’d gone into town. | 巴斯说他们进城去了 |
[23:05] | The Vatican heard rumors of the engagement, | 罗马教廷听到订婚的传闻了 |
[23:07] | so Francis is doing his best to smooth things over. | 弗朗西斯尽一切努力缓和矛盾去了 |
[23:09] | So that’s where he went. | 所以他去那了 |
[23:10] | I’m amazed to hear Francis approved the engagement. | 我很诧异听到弗朗西斯同意了订婚 |
[23:13] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[23:14] | I’m proud of him. | 我为他而骄傲 |
[23:21] | It’s too quiet, too calm. | 太安静 太平静了 |
[23:24] | Mary, it’s peace… | 玛丽 这是和平 |
[23:26] | hard-earned, after all the strife. | 风浪过后来之不易的和平 |
[23:29] | Can’t help but wonder how long it’ll last. | 让我忍不住想能持续多久 |
[23:38] | You are such a lovely dancer. | 你跳得真棒 |
[23:42] | We’ve fallen in step with each other, | 我们跟着对方的步伐舞动 |
[23:44] | but someone must lead the way, and you’re good at that. | 但总得有人领舞 你做得很好 |
[23:49] | And I trust you. | 而且我相信你 |
[23:50] | Otherwise, I wouldn’t have married you. | 要不然我就不会嫁给你了 |
[23:52] | Are you considering converting? | 你在考虑改变信仰吗 |
[23:55] | I am. | 是啊 |
[23:56] | I think it’s better for your children, for our home, | 我觉得这样对我们的孩子我们的家都好 |
[23:59] | if we are united, even if the country is divided. | 我们团结一致 即使我们的国家四分五裂 |
[24:05] | I think we should leave. | 我觉得我们该走了 |
[24:07] | No one heard us. | 没人听到我们说话 |
[24:08] | I want to take you home | 我想带你回家 |
[24:09] | and add to our undivided family. | 让你融入我们团结一致的家庭里 |
[24:14] | Wheat and mill over here, | 小麦和石磨在这儿 |
[24:16] | dried meats there, | 肉干在那儿 |
[24:17] | woolens and tools round that corner. | 毛织品和工具在那个角落 |
[24:21] | Is that everything? | 所有东西都在这儿了吗 |
[24:22] | From this round of supplies. | 这批都在 |
[24:24] | Then go back to court and pick up the next. | 回宫廷 再拿下一批吧 |
[24:36] | Mind the blood– we’ll need the uniform. Hurry now! | 注意别沾上血 我们要衣服 快点 |
[24:39] | Let’s get to the carriage! | 上马车 |
[24:42] | Hurry! Hurry! | 快点 快点 |
[24:45] | I’m going to announce your engagement. | 我要宣布你的婚讯了 |
[24:47] | Well, where’s Francis? Why isn’t he here? | 弗朗西斯在哪 他为什么不在这儿 |
[24:50] | He’s gone with Bash to soothe relations with the Vatican. | 他和巴斯一起去缓和与罗马教廷的关系了 |
[24:53] | Well, shouldn’t we wait? | 那我们是不是该等一等 |
[24:55] | Do you think he’ll change his mind? | 你觉得他会改变主意吗 |
[24:56] | I don’t think so, not this time. | 我觉得不会 这次不会 |
[25:00] | I know that you’ve lost faith in him, | 我知道你对他失去信心了 |
[25:03] | and I told him that I had, too, | 我也和他说过我也不相信他了 |
[25:06] | but the truth is | 但事实是 |
[25:07] | I love him, | 我爱他 |
[25:09] | and no matter what he does, I believe in him. | 不管他做了什么 我都相信他 |
[25:13] | They say that marriage is like a promise, | 他们说婚姻就好似承诺 |
[25:15] | and it is that, | 就是这样 |
[25:18] | but the best ones are based on certainty. | 但最好的婚姻基于稳定 |
[25:22] | An inexplicable faith in someone else. | 对某人有着不可思议的信任 |
[25:31] | Ladies and Gentlemen of the court, | 宫廷里的女士们先生们 |
[25:33] | I have an announcement to make. | 我有件事要宣布 |
[25:35] | With the king’s blessing, | 带着国王的祝福 |
[25:37] | it is my honor to announce the engagement of his beloved sister, | 我很荣幸在这里宣布他亲爱的妹妹 |
[25:41] | the Princess Claude, to Louis, the Prince of Conde. | 克劳德公主要和康德王子路易斯订婚了 |
[25:45] | Their union will be eternal, | 他们的结合将永垂不朽 |
[25:47] | and their love unbreakable. | 他们的爱至死不渝 |
[25:49] | Wish them well. | 祝福他们 |
[26:00] | Short and sweet. | 简单明了 |
[26:01] | Like forcing food down a duck’s throat | 就跟填鸭子似的 |
[26:04] | to make fois gras. | 急着做鹅肝酱 |
[26:06] | One can barely hear the sound of people choking on the news. | 几乎可以听到人们被消息噎到的声音 |
[26:55] | Lord Montgomery. | 蒙戈马利伯爵 |
[26:58] | Do you know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[26:59] | Yes. | 知道 |
[27:00] | What do you want with me? | 你想怎么样 |
[27:02] | Have you come here to free me? | 你是来放我自由的吗 |
[27:04] | I’m sorry that you’ve been imprisoned | 很抱歉关了你 |
[27:05] | for so many months, | 好几个月 |
[27:07] | but it’s not your freedom I’m here for. | 但我不是来放你自由的 |
[27:09] | It’s mine. | 是来解放自己的 |
[27:14] | Where’s Reynaud? | 雷诺德呢 |
[27:16] | I thought he was driving. | 应该是他驾车吧 |
[27:21] | Reynaud’s back at the village with a girl. | 雷诺德带着个姑娘回村里了 |
[27:25] | Giving her more than a blanket to keep her warm, I expect. | 可能带她去暖暖床吧 |
[27:39] | Are you ready to kill a king? | 你准备好谋杀国王了吗 |
[27:46] | I’m leaving tonight. | 我今晚就走 |
[27:47] | Follow tomorrow with the carriage and my things. | 行李什么的明天走 |
[27:49] | Give this to Queen Mary, | 把这个给玛丽王后 |
[27:50] | but not until tomorrow. Do you understand? | 明天再给 懂了吗 |
[27:52] | It isn’t urgent? It’s urgent that I get some distance from her. | -不是很紧急吗 -我和她保持距离比较紧急 |
[27:57] | This says I killed the king. | 这上面写我杀了国王 |
[27:58] | I was already pardoned for this. | 但我已经被赦免了 |
[28:00] | This grants you my pardon, as I am now king, | 这是我对你的赦免 我是现任国王 |
[28:03] | but it requires your confession. | 但需要你的忏悔 |
[28:12] | You said Narcisse had you kidnapped. | 你说纳西斯绑架了你 |
[28:14] | Surely, he must have visited you, | 他肯定来见过你 |
[28:15] | talked with you. | 和你谈过了 |
[28:17] | Do you know why you were kidnapped? | 你知道他为什么绑架你吗 |
[28:19] | No. | 不知道 |
[28:21] | Narcisse said you had conversations about who really killed the king. | 纳西斯说你与真正杀了国王的人联系过 |
[28:24] | It says right there I did. | 这上面说就是我干的 |
[28:27] | He’s lying. I don’t know why he took me. | 他在说谎 我不知道他为什么抓我 |
[28:28] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[28:35] | He knows. | 他知道的 |
[28:35] | I don’t know anything. | 我什么都不知道 |
[28:37] | And I don’t care. | 我也不在乎 |
[28:38] | I don’t care how kings become kings. | 不在乎国王是怎么上位的 |
[28:40] | I hated your father, too. | 我也恨你的父亲 |
[29:03] | Guards, what’s happening? What’s wrong? | 卫兵 怎么了 发生了什么事 |
[29:04] | An intruder was seen outside the portcullis. | 大门外发现了入侵者 |
[29:07] | We’re just checking on, Your Majesty. | 我们在检查 陛下 |
[29:14] | Call for help, and I will slit your Catholic throat. | 再喊一声我就割破你的喉咙 |
[29:15] | Do you understand? | 明白了吗 |
[29:17] | Your guards are dead. | 你的卫兵都死了 |
[29:19] | Where is your husband? | 你丈夫在哪 |
[29:21] | I don’t know where he is. | 我不知道他在哪 |
[29:23] | There are many of us, | 我们人数很多 |
[29:23] | and few places he spends his evenings. | 他现在能去的地方不多 |
[29:25] | Don’t scream, and if he walks through the door, | 别叫 如果找到他 |
[29:27] | you might just live long enough to watch him die. | 你就能亲眼看看他是怎么死的 |
[29:32] | Another dead for my crimes. | 又一人因我而死 |
[29:33] | Stop blaming yourself and take back what’s yours– | 别再自责了 拿回你自己的东西 |
[29:36] | your country. | 你的国家 |
[29:38] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[29:39] | You can tell her the truth now. | 你现在可以告诉她真相了 |
[29:41] | Narcisse has nothing on either of you. | 纳西斯手上没有你们的把柄 |
[29:43] | Nothing he can prove, not anymore. | 再也没有证据了 |
[29:45] | I’ll stay here and clean this mess up. | 我留在这里处理残局 |
[29:47] | Go home to your wife, and then kill Narcisse. | 回到你妻子身边 杀了纳西斯 |
[29:50] | Run him through for treason against his king. | 判他对君不忠之罪 |
[29:57] | It’s taking too long. | 已经过了太久了 |
[29:59] | Your men may have been caught. | 你的人可能已经被抓了 |
[30:00] | They could be coming for you, right now, without warning. | 他们随时可能会来抓你们 |
[30:02] | – Shut up. – If you have as many men as you say you do, | -闭嘴 -如果你的人真那么多 |
[30:06] | the halls should be filled with the sounds of battle. | 肯定到处都是打斗声 |
[30:08] | It’s the dead of night. | 现在夜深人静 |
[30:09] | All your guards see is their own coming until they’re cut down. | 你的卫兵都是神不知鬼不觉地被干掉的 |
[30:11] | They’ll find him. | 他们会找到他的 |
[30:12] | Francis isn’t here. | 弗朗西斯不在这里 |
[30:13] | He visits his bastard son late at night, we know that. | 我们知道他去看他的私生子了 |
[30:16] | He isn’t here. | 他不在 |
[30:18] | Your mission has failed, | 你们失败了 |
[30:19] | and you will die. | 你们会死 |
[30:21] | If you leave now, | 如果你们现在走 |
[30:22] | even if you are caught, | 就算你们被抓到 |
[30:23] | I will spare your lives. | 我还可以饶你们一命 |
[30:27] | One of the grooms swore the King left the castle earlier. | 一个男仆说国王早些时候出去了 |
[30:30] | He could be lying. | 他可能在撒谎 |
[30:31] | I’m telling you, we’ve looked as long as we dare. | 我们已经找了够久的了 |
[30:33] | Burrell’s been killed, | 伯勒尔被杀了 |
[30:34] | one of the king’s guards may have survived. | 可能有个国王的卫兵没死 |
[30:36] | We are leaving now. | 我们该走了 |
[30:39] | We killed all the other witnesses. | 我们已经杀了其他目击者 |
[30:41] | Kill her before she can scream. | 在她喊之前杀了她 |
[30:43] | I’ll do it. | 我来 |
[30:47] | Don’t– no wrong that we have committed against your people | 别 无论我们做错了什么 |
[30:50] | will be remedied this night. | 这样都于事无补 |
[30:53] | Don’t speak to me of wrongs done– you murdered my son, | 还有脸提你们做错了什么 你杀了我的儿子 |
[30:56] | you and your husband. | 就是你和你的丈夫 |
[30:58] | Hung him upside down on a cross, like something evil, | 把他头朝下钉在倒十字架上 像恶魔一样 |
[31:00] | and he, my boy, a man of God. | 我的儿子 是上帝的子民 |
[31:04] | Your son was the minister. | 你儿子是那个教长 |
[31:10] | Severin…? | 塞弗林 |
[31:15] | Severin. | 塞弗林 |
[31:16] | She’s a queen. | 她是王后 |
[31:19] | Aye, she doesn’t look like | 她现在看起来 |
[31:19] | a queen now, does she? | 可不像个王后了 对吧 |
[31:27] | You took my son, | 你杀了我的儿子 |
[31:29] | you destroyed my family, you destroyed me. | 毁了我的家庭 毁了我 |
[31:31] | He said he had a bomb. | 他说他造了个炸弹 |
[31:32] | It was your people who killed him. | 是你们的人杀了他 |
[31:34] | Gerard, no! | 杰勒德 别这样 |
[31:37] | Desecrated him in the town square. | 把他吊在广场上侮辱他 |
[31:41] | You shall know desecration. | 你也该尝尝被侮辱的滋味 |
[31:42] | You, who claim to be anointed by God, | 你 声称被上帝所承认 |
[31:45] | you godless bitch. | 其实就是个目无神明的婊子 |
[31:47] | Hold her down, hold her down! | 压住她 压住她 |
[32:24] | They’re in the north keep! | 他们在北门 |
[32:27] | Stop. | 停 |
[32:29] | My God, it’s the queen. | 天啊 是王后 |
[32:31] | Get back to your posts. | 去各自的岗位 |
[32:34] | The queen will be with me. | 王后和我在一起 |
[32:39] | Mary, where is Francis? | 玛丽 弗朗西斯在哪 |
[32:41] | Do you know? | 你知道吗 |
[32:44] | Uh, they said that he wasn’t in the castle– | 他们说他不在城堡里 |
[32:46] | that he wasn’t here at all– | 根本不在这里 |
[32:47] | and when they realized that they’d failed, | 他们知道他们杀不了他之后 |
[32:49] | that’s when they… | 他们就… |
[32:53] | Oh, my dear child. | 我可怜的孩子 |
[32:55] | No! Uh… | 不 |
[32:58] | No. | 不 |
[33:00] | What did they do to you? | 他们对你做了什么 |
[33:04] | The Protestants came looking for Francis. | 新教徒来找弗朗西斯 |
[33:07] | And they were going to kill him. | 想要杀了他 |
[33:09] | I fought them off– I hit one of them in the head | 我反抗了 击中了其中一人的头 |
[33:10] | and the other one… | 还有一个… |
[33:17] | I’m only going to ask you this once, | 我只问你一次 |
[33:19] | so we are both clear | 然后我们就当 |
[33:20] | on what you’ve endured this night. | 今晚的事没有发生过 |
[33:23] | Were you raped? | 你被他们强奸了吗 |
[33:32] | I know you don’t want to be touched, that’s all right. | 我知道你不想让别人碰你 没事的 |
[33:36] | But you’re safe. | 但你安全了 |
[33:38] | I don’t know how you managed to escape, but you did. | 我不知道你是怎么逃出来的 但你成功了 |
[33:41] | You are alive. | 你活下来了 |
[33:43] | You will survive this. | 你会挺过去的 |
[33:45] | I know this… | 我知道的 |
[33:48] | because I survived. | 因为我挺过来了 |
[33:48] | You know that, too. | 这你也是知道的 |
[33:50] | They tried to destroy you by taking your pride | 他们想毁了你 所以想夺走你的骄傲 |
[33:53] | and your strength, but those things cannot be taken. | 你的力量 但这是他们夺不走的 |
[33:55] | Not from you. | 从你身上夺不走 |
[33:56] | Not ever. | 永远也夺不走 |
[34:00] | We’re going to change your clothes, fix your hair, | 先去换衣服 梳头 |
[34:02] | we are going to erase any mark of their hands on you. | 把他们留下的痕迹全都去掉 |
[34:05] | – Please, leave me be. – We are. | -让我一个人来 -我会的 |
[34:07] | We are going to do this for you | 这是为了你 |
[34:09] | and for Francis | 为了弗朗西斯 |
[34:10] | and for Scotland and for France. | 也是为了苏格兰和法国 |
[34:13] | They tried to diminish a king tonight by degrading a queen, | 他们想通过羞辱王后来削弱一国之君 |
[34:18] | and they will not succeed. | 他们不会得逞的 |
[34:20] | Because the world will never know what they did to you. | 因为没有人会知道他们对你做过什么 |
[34:24] | That’s not possible. | 这不可能 |
[34:25] | It is, because you will walk out of here | 可以的 只要你走出去 |
[34:27] | and you will face your court as if this never happened. | 若无其事地面对你的臣民 |
[34:29] | No, I can’t. I can’t. | 不 我做不到 我做不到 |
[34:31] | Yes, you can. | 不 你可以 |
[34:33] | You have to. | 你也必须去 |
[34:34] | Mary, your guards saw you. | 玛丽 你的侍卫看到你了 |
[34:36] | You must put to rest any rumors, immediately. | 你必须平息一切谣言 马上 |
[34:39] | These next moments of your life will either define you | 接下来的时刻会决定 你要么是一个受害者 |
[34:41] | as a victim or a powerful queen | 要么是一个强大的女王 |
[34:44] | untouched by a failed assassination attempt. | 在一次失败的刺杀计划中毫发未损 |
[34:48] | They will define | 这会决定 |
[34:49] | who you are perceived to be. | 别人眼中的你是什么样子 |
[34:51] | Your place in history. | 决定你在历史中的地位 |
[34:54] | Do not let them win. | 不要败给他们 |
[34:57] | Trust me. | 相信我 |
[34:59] | Trust me and let me help you. | 相信我 让我帮你 |
[35:03] | Trust that I can get you through this, | 相信我 我可以帮你度过这个难关 |
[35:04] | because I swear to you that I can. | 因为我确定我可以 |
[35:17] | Jacob, you say? | 你是说雅各布 |
[35:18] | What could he want in the middle of the night? | 大半夜的他有什么事 |
[35:20] | Leave us. | 退下吧 |
[35:23] | Aloysius, Lady Castleroy, | 阿洛伊修斯 卡斯尔雷夫人 |
[35:25] | something terrible has happened. | 发生大事了 |
[35:27] | Assassins managed to enter the castle. | 有刺客想进入城堡 |
[35:30] | The king and queen are safe, I’m told, | 据说国王和王后没事 |
[35:31] | but others were killed– | 但是其他人都被杀害了 |
[35:33] | guards, servants. | 侍卫 仆人 |
[35:34] | Assassins. | 刺客 |
[35:36] | Protestant assassins? | 新教刺客吗 |
[35:38] | – Yes. – Who else was hurt? Tell me. | -对 -还有谁受伤了 告诉我 |
[35:41] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[35:41] | The kingsguards are pulling known | 现在御林军正在 |
[35:43] | and suspected Protestants from their beds. | 抓捕可疑的新教徒 |
[35:45] | My wife and children are safe, | 现在我的妻儿暂时安全 |
[35:47] | but we need your help– funds– | 但是我们需要你的帮助 我需要资金 |
[35:49] | to get away for a time. | 以暂时离开这里 |
[35:51] | Did you do this? | 是你做的吗 |
[35:52] | Are you planning a revolution, | 你们是在策划政变吗 |
[35:54] | for all your talk of God and peace? | 还大谈什么上帝和和平 |
[35:56] | No, I swear to you both, it was some rogue faction. | 不是我们 我发誓 是一些流氓派别干的 |
[35:59] | I knew nothing of it until I was warned of the search for the guilty, | 有人提醒我他们在抓捕疑犯我才知道这件事的 |
[36:02] | but I will be held accountable. | 但是他们肯定会归咎于我 |
[36:04] | I think you are accountable. | 我觉得就是你的责任 |
[36:06] | I’ve looked into a few things since you were here. | 自从你来之后我进行了几番调查 |
[36:09] | I hadn’t heard of any fighting in Chambord, | 我根本没听说香博堡那边有什么打斗 |
[36:10] | because, as I learned, there was none. | 因为据我所知 根本就没有 |
[36:13] | There was no delay of materials. | 根本就没有什么物资运送延迟 |
[36:15] | The money I gave you was never going to build a school. | 我给你的钱根本没用来建造学校 |
[36:19] | Is this true? | 是真的吗 |
[36:20] | Where did that money go? | 那部分资金用来干什么了 |
[36:23] | And all the other donations I entrusted you with? | 还有我交给你的其他捐赠资金呢 |
[36:26] | The news you gave me of delays, the fighting. | 还有你告诉我的物资延迟 打斗事件 |
[36:28] | I had no choice. | 我也是逼不得已 |
[36:30] | They threatened me, my family. | 他们威胁我 威胁我的家人 |
[36:32] | They said a school wasn’t what we needed, assassins were– | 他们说我们需要的不是学校 刺杀才是… |
[36:35] | the House of Valois toppled, a brutal reign ended. | 瓦卢瓦王朝倒台残暴统治才能结束 |
[36:37] | Who threatened you? Was it Le Clerc? | 谁威胁的你 是勒·克莱克吗 |
[36:40] | – Fontaine? – That I can’t say– they’ll kill me. | -芳登 -我不能说 他们会杀了我的 |
[36:42] | Aloysius, no. | 阿洛伊修斯 不会吧 |
[36:44] | Tell me we didn’t | 告诉我 我们没有 |
[36:45] | fund an assassination on our king. | 资助刺杀国王的行动 |
[36:52] | Still no word from Balfont? | 还是没有贝尔丰特那边的消息吗 |
[36:53] | None yet, my lord. | 没有 大人 |
[36:55] | And where is the king? | 国王呢 |
[36:56] | At a secure location, the guards are saying. | 卫兵说在安全的地方 |
[36:58] | They must have moved him the second the alarms sounded. | 他们肯定听警报一拉响就把他转移了 |
[37:00] | They say it was Protestants | 他们说是新教徒 |
[37:02] | wearing stolen uniforms of the guards. | 穿着偷来的侍卫衣服干的 |
[37:05] | Well, it seems they killed anyone who saw them | 他们好像在进入城堡的途中 |
[37:06] | as they moved through the castle. | 把所有看到他们的人都杀了 |
[37:09] | Well, at least the engagement | 这样至少婚约 |
[37:11] | will surely be off. | 肯定是会取消的 |
[37:12] | Things can remain… as they were. | 事情可以…暂时如此不变了 |
[37:17] | Where did the Protestants get the nerve? | 新教徒哪里来的这么大胆子 |
[37:18] | Surely they know they will all be targets now? | 现在他们肯定都知道自己身处险境了吧 |
[37:20] | Crushed with such force. | 受到这样的一记重挫 |
[37:23] | Well, th-they were being crushed anyway, weren’t they? | 无论如何他们都会挫败的对吧 |
[37:26] | I suppose they thought they had little to lose. | 我看他们是觉得自己没有什么可失去的了 |
[37:54] | My loyal subjects… | 忠诚的臣民们… |
[37:58] | I reassure you that your king | 大家尽可放心 |
[38:02] | and your queen remain untouched. | 你们的国王王后都安然无恙 |
[38:09] | These murderous traitors | 这些凶残的叛徒 |
[38:12] | who invaded the castle tonight have achieved nothing, | 今晚虽侵入了城堡 但是他们一无所获 |
[38:16] | have altered nothing, | 他们什么都未曾改变 |
[38:19] | and will die for nothing. | 他们会因此而付出死的代价 |
[38:34] | Come in. | 请进 |
[38:36] | I’m sorry, Lady Lola, but… | 抱歉 萝拉小姐 但是 |
[38:37] | Lord Narcisse insisted | 纳西斯伯爵坚持 |
[38:39] | that I ask if you would speak to him. | 让我来问问你是否可以见他 |
[38:41] | Uh, it’s all right, thank you. | 可以 谢谢 |
[38:51] | I wanted to see how you were feeling. | 我想来看看你感觉如何 |
[38:53] | If you were all right. | 看看你是否安然无恙 |
[38:55] | The Protestants came, just as you warned. | 正如你事先提醒的 新教徒来了 |
[38:57] | I’m sure they would’ve killed Mary and Francis, | 如果他们有机会 肯定会杀了 |
[38:59] | if they could have. | 玛丽和弗朗西斯的 |
[39:00] | Who knows where they would’ve stopped. | 谁知道他们会作恶到何种程度 |
[39:03] | I take no pleasure in being right. | 说对这种事我一点都不高兴 |
[39:07] | Especially as I may have been wrong about other issues. | 尤其是在一些其他事上我可能错了 |
[39:11] | What happened tonight was reckless. | 今晚的事简直太鲁莽了 |
[39:14] | It was the act of a people | 只有走投无路的人 |
[39:15] | who feel that they have nothing to lose. | 才会那样孤注一掷 |
[39:19] | To rob people of hope | 让人失去希望 |
[39:21] | is a dangerous mistake, | 是一个极其危险的错误 |
[39:23] | and I suspect it may have been my doing. | 我担心我之前也犯下这种错误了 |
[39:27] | Through your pressure on Francis. | 因为你给了弗朗西斯无尽的压力 |
[39:30] | I fear this nation is burning | 我担心这个国家处于水深火热之中 |
[39:32] | and I am the man who lit the match. | 而我是导火索 |
[39:34] | Oh, perhaps I overvalue | 也或许我高估了 |
[39:37] | my role in the matter. | 自己在这件事中的价值 |
[39:39] | You control a king. | 你控制着一个国王 |
[39:41] | I’d say you’re being accurate. | 所以在我看来你这是想确保万无一失 |
[39:42] | Yes. | 对 |
[39:46] | You betrayed me, | 你背叛了我 |
[39:48] | you called me an enemy of those you hold dear, | 你称我为你珍视之人的敌人 |
[39:50] | and yet when there was danger tonight, | 可是今晚出现危险时 |
[39:54] | my worry was for you. | 我还是担心你 |
[39:58] | I think about you. | 我还是会想到你 |
[40:02] | I think about you still. | 我仍然会想到你 |
[40:06] | I want to sleep but I can’t stop shaking. | 我想睡觉 但是总是在抖 |
[40:08] | I’m so cold. | 我好冷 |
[40:09] | It’s the shock of the night’s events. | 是因为今晚事件你受到了惊吓 |
[40:14] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[40:16] | You’re all right, | 你们都没事 |
[40:17] | – thank God. – Slowly. | -谢天谢地 -慢点 |
[40:20] | Just give her time and space, | 给她点时间和空间 |
[40:21] | and all you need to do is listen. | 你只要认真听着就好了 |
[40:24] | Shall I go? | 我先走了 |
[40:36] | They said… that the guards | 他们说 我们卧房外的 |
[40:37] | outside our chambers were killed, | 侍卫都被杀害了 |
[40:40] | but the assassins never made it in, | 但是刺客没能进屋 |
[40:41] | that you were untouched. | 你毫发未损 |
[40:44] | I lied. | 我说谎了 |
[40:46] | Catherine lied. | 凯瑟琳说谎了 |
[40:48] | So no one would know. | 这样别人才不会知道 |
[40:53] | I was raped. | 我被强奸了 |
[40:59] | Please don’t come any closer. | 求你 不要再靠近了 |
[41:01] | I can’t bear it– | 我无法忍受 |
[41:02] | I can hardly bear to have you to look at me. | 我无法忍受你看我的眼神 |
[41:05] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[41:07] | you are my life | 你就是我的生命 |
[41:09] | and I love you. | 我爱你 |
[41:11] | And this is my fault. | 这件事都是我的错 |
[41:14] | Because you weren’t here? | 因为你不在我身边吗 |
[41:16] | Because you were doing | 因为你正竭尽全力 |
[41:17] | all you could to sway the Vatican towards tolerance, | 去说服罗马教廷实行宗教宽容 |
[41:20] | because, finally, | 因为我们终于 |
[41:22] | we were as one? | 夫妻同心了吗 |
[41:23] | Francis, you can’t blame yourself. | 弗朗西斯 这件事你不能怪自己 |
[41:26] | You’re wrong. | 不是这样的 |
[41:28] | Please, don’t talk. | 求你了 不要说了 |
[41:31] | It hurts to speak… | 提起这件事 |
[41:33] | to think about it, | 想到这件事 |
[41:35] | to try and make any sense of it at all. | 想追究这件事的前因后果 都会让我痛苦 |
[41:41] | Find them, Francis. | 找到他们 弗朗西斯 |
[41:45] | Find the men who did this to me and kill them. | 找到对我犯下罪行的人 然后杀了他们 |