时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Her Majesty Marie de Guise. | 王后陛下玛莉·德·吉斯 |
[00:04] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[00:05] | You need France. | 你需要法国 |
[00:07] | Marry its next king and the Protestants | 和下一任国王结婚 |
[00:08] | will scurry into the darkness. | 新教徒就会匆忙躲回黑暗之中 |
[00:10] | I saw a woman, dressed all in white. | 我看见一个女人 一身白衣 |
[00:12] | She brought me back to life. | 是她将我复活了 |
[00:14] | Whatever your grudge is against Bash… | 不管你跟巴斯有什么仇什么怨 |
[00:16] | He maimed our brother and caused his death! | 他弄伤了我们的兄弟 害死了他 |
[00:17] | You won’t settle it by ruining his marriage. | 你不能通过毁了他的婚姻来解决此事 |
[00:19] | Did you poison my father? | 你是不是毒害了我的父亲 |
[00:21] | It wasn’t them. | 不是他们 |
[00:22] | It was the Duke of Guise. | 是吉斯公爵 |
[00:24] | Your uncle will never betray anyone again. | 你的舅舅不会再背叛任何人 |
[00:30] | And so we mourn my brother. | 我们哀悼我弟弟 |
[00:32] | A man who always put his country first. | 他总是把国家置于第一位 |
[00:35] | Whenever it was profitable. | 每当有利可图的时候 |
[00:37] | And who always understood his duty. | 他一直明白自己的职责 |
[00:39] | To himself. | 对自己的职责 |
[00:40] | And now, Bishop Marcombe | 现在 马克姆主教 |
[00:42] | will say a special prayer. | 将给我们一段特殊的祈祷 |
[00:44] | My lords and ladies, | 贵族们 夫人们 |
[00:46] | please bow your heads in prayer | 请低头祈祷 |
[00:48] | for our brother who has left… | 为了我们的兄弟 他离开了… |
[00:50] | What beautiful sentiments. | 感情真好 |
[00:52] | Don’t bother. | 少来了 |
[00:54] | I know you’re as glad to see | 我知道你跟我们一样 |
[00:55] | the back of him as any of us. | 很高兴看他死了 |
[00:57] | Thank you, by the way, | 顺便说一句 谢谢你 |
[00:58] | for keeping his treachery a secret. | 没有泄露他背叛的事 |
[01:07] | I know that look. | 我知道你那是什么表情 |
[01:08] | You think I look at every woman with an aim | 你觉得我看着每个女人 |
[01:09] | toward getting them in bed. | 都想把她们搞上床 |
[01:11] | Oh, it’s not the pining look | 不是你开始攻击之前 |
[01:13] | you get before you begin an assault. | 那种渴望的凝视 |
[01:14] | It’s the possessive look of a man who’s already achieved something. | 而是已经有所成就的人的占有性凝视 |
[01:19] | If you’re under the delusion that I’ve slept… | 如果你以为我睡了… |
[01:21] | I have my answer. | 我有自己的答案 |
[01:23] | No sex, but you’ve begun turning her heart. | 没有做爱 但你开始让她的心转变 |
[01:26] | Even better. | 甚至更好 |
[01:28] | And to think I was giving a party | 想想我居然还举办了一场派对 |
[01:29] | to improve Valois/Bourbon relations. | 来增进瓦卢瓦和波旁家族的关系 |
[01:33] | You’re already doing that. | 你已经在很好地促进了 |
[01:34] | While no man is without sin, we ask that… | 人皆有罪 我们要求… |
[01:37] | Francis thought you might object | 弗朗西斯觉得你也许会拒绝 |
[01:38] | to our filling your brother full of arrows. | 我们把你弟弟万箭穿身 |
[01:41] | You knew better, I trust. | 我相信你很清楚 |
[01:43] | It’s the one thing all rulers have in common. | 这是所有统治者的共同之处 |
[01:45] | We must stamp out whoever would undermine the monarchy. | 我们必须除掉任何危害君主制的人 |
[01:48] | Nothing can be allowed to discredit | 什么都不可以威胁到 |
[01:50] | the lawful cycle of rule and succession. | 合法的统治与继承 |
[01:54] | Which reminds me. | 这倒提醒了我 |
[01:56] | Daughter? | 女儿 |
[01:58] | We need to have a talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[02:08] | I was looking for you at the duke’s memorial service. | 我还在公爵的追悼会上找你呢 |
[02:10] | I have news. | 我有消息 |
[02:13] | The Duke and Duchess Von Amsberg are in town nearby. | 安斯伯格公爵和公爵夫人来到了小镇附近 |
[02:16] | They’re of a wealthy, powerful branch of the Hapsburgs. | 他们是哈普斯堡有钱有权的一个旁系 |
[02:18] | Well, I’ve heard of them, of course. | 我当然听说过他们 |
[02:20] | They have agreed to an engagement | 他们同意让他们的幼女 |
[02:21] | between their infant daughter and our son. | 和我们的儿子订婚 |
[02:24] | “An engagement”? | 订婚 |
[02:26] | I know that you’ve been worried about what John’s fate would be | 我知道你一直担心如果我出了意外 |
[02:28] | if anything happened to me. | 约翰的命运会怎么样 |
[02:29] | Oh, a safe haven for our child. | 我们孩子的安全避风港 |
[02:31] | More than that. | 不止于此 |
[02:32] | The Hapsburgs are one of the most | 哈普斯堡是欧洲 |
[02:33] | powerful families in Europe. | 最有势力的家族之一 |
[02:35] | An excellent alliance for France. | 法国绝佳的盟友 |
[02:36] | And John’s future is assured. | 约翰的未来也得到了保证 |
[02:39] | That’s wonderful, Francis. | 太棒了 弗朗西斯 |
[02:41] | There’s one catch. | 有个条件 |
[02:43] | The duke and duchess want to meet you. | 公爵和公爵夫人想见你 |
[02:45] | You mean they want to pass judgment on me. | 你是说他们想评定一下我的品行 |
[02:48] | What if I don’t measure up? | 如果我不合格呢 |
[02:49] | Oh, it’s just a formality. | 这只是一种形式 |
[02:51] | Tomorrow night King Antoine is holding | 明晚安托万国王将举办一场宴会 |
[02:53] | a gathering to celebrate the renewed friendship | 庆祝法国和纳瓦拉之间 |
[02:54] | between France and Navarre. | 新的友谊 |
[02:56] | I suggested we all meet there. | 我建议我们都在那里见面 |
[02:58] | Just be yourself. | 做你自己就好 |
[03:00] | You would impress anyone. | 他们会对你满意的 |
[03:06] | Lady Kenna? | 肯娜小姐 |
[03:07] | Already the room looks brighter. | 你来了真是蓬荜生辉啊 |
[03:09] | I can’t stay. | 我不能久留 |
[03:10] | I just came to return this. | 我是来还这个的 |
[03:12] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[03:13] | The ruby I found in the strawberry you left me. | 我在你给我的草莓里发现的红宝石 |
[03:16] | You have something against gifts? | 你不喜欢收礼物吗 |
[03:18] | It’s not a gift. | 这不是礼物 |
[03:19] | It’s an invitation. | 而是邀请 |
[03:20] | One that I can’t accept. | 我无法接受 |
[03:22] | I’ve told you. | 我跟你说过 |
[03:23] | I love my husband. | 我爱我丈夫 |
[03:24] | And this flirtation of yours must stop. | 你必须停止跟我调情 |
[03:26] | Lovely Kenna? | 可爱的肯娜 |
[03:27] | I will respect your wishes, and stop laying my heart | 我会尊重你的心愿 不会把我的心 |
[03:30] | so inconveniently at your feet. | 放在你脚边让你为难 |
[03:31] | – I mean it. – So do I. | -我是认真的 -我也是 |
[03:35] | By the way, how do you like my preparations | 顺便问一下 你觉得我为明晚宴会的准备 |
[03:37] | for tomorrow night’s event? | 做得怎么样 |
[03:39] | It’s beautiful. | 很漂亮 |
[03:40] | Oh, now you’re just being kind. | 你现在就是在说好话了 |
[03:41] | Usually my wife Jeanne would organize this type of thing. | 一般都是我妻子珍妮组织这种事情 |
[03:43] | She’s brilliant at official affairs. | 她很擅长处理官方事务 |
[03:45] | But she’s ill and had to stay in Navarre. | 但她生病了 得留在纳瓦拉 |
[03:48] | Oh, I’m… I’m sorry to hear that. | 我深表遗憾 |
[03:50] | Oh, you know the Valois court and those who serve there. | 你认识瓦卢瓦王朝和那里的仆人 |
[03:53] | Perhaps you might help me. | 也许你能帮助我 |
[03:56] | Well, I don’t think… | 我觉得不… |
[03:57] | Well, I know exactly what I want. | 我知道我想要什么 |
[03:59] | I want light fixtures hung with strands of jewels, | 我希望灯具上悬挂着珠宝 |
[04:02] | painted tiles in the foyer bearing the Valois | 大厅里铺着画有瓦卢瓦和波旁徽章 |
[04:05] | and Bourbon crests, intertwined in friendship. | 友好地交织在一起的瓷砖 |
[04:09] | Well… I do know a custom tile maker. | 我的确认识一个定制瓷砖制造商 |
[04:13] | I just don’t think my husband is going | 我只是觉得我丈夫不会 |
[04:15] | to approve of me helping you. | 同意我帮你 |
[04:17] | I don’t think he’s gonna come to your party. | 我也不认为他会参加你的宴会 |
[04:19] | Well, the whole point of the event is to bury the past. | 宴会的主题就在于埋葬过去 |
[04:23] | To bring our two families back together. | 使我们两个家族重归于好 |
[04:25] | To ensure peace between the two royal households. | 确保我们两个皇室的和平 |
[04:28] | You won’t help me? | 你真不帮我吗 |
[04:30] | Well, I’m such a fool when it comes to money. | 说到钱我就没概念了 |
[04:32] | I have no idea how much to give you. | 不知道该给你多少 |
[04:34] | Well, I didn’t say that I would. | 我还没说同意呢 |
[04:35] | Will 300,000 gold deniers be enough? | 三十万金币够吗 |
[04:38] | You want to give me 300,000 gold deniers? | 你要给我三十万金币 |
[04:40] | To go shopping? | 去购置东西 |
[04:42] | Please? | 行吗 |
[04:45] | Where is your heir? | 你的继承人在哪 |
[04:47] | I had a feeling. | 我早知道你会问 |
[04:49] | It’s a bit complicated. | 这事有点儿复杂 |
[04:51] | By the fact that Francis no longer visits your chambers? | 而且弗朗西斯不再进你房间了 |
[04:54] | Is that your decision or his? | 这是你的决定还是他的 |
[04:55] | It’s ours. | 是我们的 |
[04:56] | Or has Lola come between you two? | 萝拉横插在你俩之间吗 |
[04:57] | No, Mother, please don’t find fault. | 不 母亲 你别乱猜 |
[05:01] | Things have merely changed between us. | 我和他之间有些东西变了而已 |
[05:03] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[05:04] | You are here to do a job. | 你在这里职责在身 |
[05:09] | I know how it can be. | 我知道 |
[05:11] | A continual chore one comes to dread. | 事务繁多让人累 |
[05:16] | This will help. | 这会对你有帮助 |
[05:18] | What on earth is…? | 这到底是… |
[05:19] | A herbal concoction. | 草药包 |
[05:21] | Mixed by my physician. | 我的御医配制的 |
[05:22] | Small miracle, really. | 会出现奇迹的 |
[05:24] | Only use a pinch in your wine before, | 在酒里加一小撮再喝 |
[05:27] | and you will be… | 然后你就会… |
[05:29] | at ease. | 安逸无忧 |
[05:31] | In an expansive mood. | 心情美好 |
[05:33] | Darling? | 亲爱的 |
[05:34] | You are never going to get pregnant again | 如果你不努力试试 |
[05:36] | if you don’t try. | 永远都不会再怀孕的 |
[05:37] | And you really need to. | 而你必须怀孕 |
[05:39] | – Quickly. – Why? | -要快 -为什么 |
[05:41] | Your cousin Elizabeth remains unmarried. | 你的表亲伊丽莎白仍然未婚 |
[05:43] | People are worried | 人们在担心 |
[05:44] | about the instability that would follow if she dies. | 如果她死了国家会陷入动荡之中 |
[05:48] | Her subjects want an heir | 她的臣民想要 |
[05:50] | from their royal bloodline. | 流着他们皇室之血的继承人 |
[05:53] | That you can provide. | 也就是你所能提供的 |
[05:54] | I’m not sure if I can. | 我不一定能行 |
[05:56] | Things have changed in Scotland as well. | 苏格兰的局势也变了 |
[05:59] | Your brother James is under pressure. | 你哥哥詹姆斯肩负压力 |
[06:01] | The Protestant lords want you gone. | 新教大臣想除掉你 |
[06:04] | They want to make Scotland a protectorate of England. | 他们想让苏格兰成为英格兰的保护国 |
[06:07] | But he insists that you are the lawful queen. | 但他坚持你才是合法女王 |
[06:10] | A stand that protects his hold on power as well. | 这也能保护他手中的权力 |
[06:13] | You are on the cusp of losing your country. | 你有可能会失去你的国家 |
[06:17] | Either you or Elizabeth will rule | 你或者伊丽莎白将会统治 |
[06:20] | Scotland and England. | 苏格兰和英格兰 |
[06:22] | Make an heir, | 生个继承人吧 |
[06:24] | and it will be you. | 那么统治者就是你 |
[06:34] | Why didn’t you tell your mother what happened to you? | 你为什么不告诉你母亲发生了什么 |
[06:37] | Every time I talk about it, I relive it. | 每次说起 我都要重新体会一次折磨 |
[06:40] | I simply didn’t want to. Not with her. | 我不想再经历 和她一起时不想 |
[06:42] | She’ll be leaving soon, at least. | 她很快就会离开 |
[06:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:45] | She is right. | 她是对的 |
[06:47] | What? That we need to conceive a child without delay? | 什么 我们得刻不容缓地拥有一个孩子吗 |
[06:52] | Mary, it’s too soon. | 玛丽 这样太快了 |
[06:54] | You have heirs | 你已经有了继承人 |
[06:55] | to take your crown when you’re gone. | 可以在你身后继承王位 |
[06:57] | Your brothers. | 还有兄弟 |
[06:57] | I have no one. | 而我孤身一人 |
[06:59] | And with Elizabeth becoming more aggressive, | 伊丽莎白越来越强势 |
[07:01] | I need to amass support. | 我需要积累力量 |
[07:03] | I can’t believe that you would | 我简直不敢相信 |
[07:04] | base your choice solely | 你竟然因为国际局势 |
[07:05] | on international policy. | 来下这个决定 |
[07:07] | Once you spoke to me about the need for love. | 你曾对我说你需要爱 |
[07:10] | And what would this encounter be? | 那这遭遇又怎么说呢 |
[07:13] | Are you saying that you’re open to us beginning again? | 你的意思是我们又可以重新开始了吗 |
[07:16] | I’m speaking of our duty. | 我在说我们的职责 |
[07:19] | To our nations, to each other. | 对我们的国家还有我们俩的职责 |
[07:21] | I am asking you to help me protect myself. | 我在请求你帮助我自保 |
[07:24] | My rule. | 保护我的王位 |
[07:25] | I need to think about it. | 我需要考虑 |
[07:27] | And I believe you need to as well. | 我认为你也需要考虑 |
[07:32] | I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to go to a social event | 我认为参加这个社交宴会不明智 |
[07:34] | hosted by a man who knows I killed his brother. | 主办人可知道我杀了他兄弟啊 |
[07:37] | As I understand it, | 据我理解 |
[07:39] | Antoine just likes any excuse to throw a party. | 安托万有理由办宴会就高兴 |
[07:41] | I doubt he’ll even notice if you or I aren’t there. | 我们俩不到场他不会注意到的 |
[07:43] | He might notice if I’m not there. | 如果我不在他可能会知道 |
[07:44] | Seeing as… I’m the one | 毕竟 是我 |
[07:46] | helping him give the party. | 帮他一起准备的 |
[07:48] | You’re what? | 你什么 |
[07:49] | He was having difficulties. | 他办宴会遇到困难 |
[07:51] | And I thought it would be good diplomacy. | 我觉得这是很好的外交手段 |
[07:53] | You know what he wants from you. | 你知道他想从你身上得到什么 |
[07:54] | It’s not hospitality advice. | 这根本和热情好客没有关系 |
[07:57] | Bash, I know what a man like Antoine wants. | 巴斯 我知道像安托万这样的男人要什么 |
[08:00] | I’m not a fool. | 我又不傻 |
[08:01] | But I can handle him. | 但我能把握分寸 |
[08:02] | This has given me a chance to go out and see people. | 这也给我机会出门结识别人 |
[08:06] | To do something with my day besides sit around | 找点事儿做 要不然我整天 |
[08:08] | and wait for you. | 就干坐着等你啦 |
[08:09] | Please, won’t you just consider attending the party with me? | 求你了 你真不和我一起参加宴会吗 |
[08:13] | Then you can see for yourself what I’ve been doing. | 去了你就可以亲眼看看我之前在做什么了 |
[08:16] | I was just about to leave. | 我得出门 |
[08:18] | There’s a woman in the village inspiring fear. | 村里有个女人在传播恐惧 |
[08:20] | They say that she can raise the dead. | 村民们都说她能起死回生 |
[08:22] | I need to get out there and find her | 我必须得去找到她 |
[08:23] | before this escalates into a witch hunt. | 免得事态恶化 变成猎杀女巫 |
[08:26] | Here we are again. | 又来了 |
[08:28] | You have to run off and save the world. | 你又得出门去拯救世界 |
[08:30] | How many more battles for you | 在世界和平之前 |
[08:31] | and lonely nights for me until it’s all done? | 你还有多少战要打 我又有多少夜要独眠 |
[08:34] | Kenna… | 肯娜 |
[08:36] | I might not be back until late. | 我可能不会去太久 |
[08:38] | If you can wait for me here, | 如果你能在这儿等我的话 |
[08:40] | we will go to the party together. | 我们就一起去参加宴会 |
[08:42] | And you can show me your handiwork. | 你也能让我看看你的能耐 |
[08:46] | So, Marie de Guise wants you | 所以玛莉·德·吉斯希望你们 |
[08:48] | to get back to the business of making heirs. | 继续努力生出继承人 |
[08:52] | Mary’s willing. | 玛丽同意了 |
[08:53] | Is she, now? | 是吗 |
[08:57] | I don’t know that she’s ready. | 我不清楚她是否准备好了 |
[08:59] | She already links me with the attack. | 她已经将我和那次袭击连在了一起 |
[09:02] | The man who did it blamed me outright before he… | 侵犯她的人指名怪我 就在他… |
[09:06] | How do you forget that? | 这怎么能忘记得了呢 |
[09:07] | Why now, I wonder? | 我很好奇 为什么是现在 |
[09:09] | Have you considered the possibility | 你考虑过玛丽可能 |
[09:10] | that Mary welcomes this push? | 希望有人推她一把的可能性吗 |
[09:13] | It has been months. | 已经过去好几个月了 |
[09:14] | You should take that into account. | 你应该把时间考虑在内 |
[09:17] | A word of advice. | 给你个建议 |
[09:18] | This is her choice. | 让她决定 |
[09:20] | Follow her lead. | 跟随她的引领 |
[09:22] | But for the stability of the realm, a king’s visit | 但为了王国的稳定 必须有人看到 |
[09:24] | to a queen’s chambers must be witnessed. | 国王去王后的房间 |
[09:27] | People know that you’ve been living apart. | 人们知道你们一直分居 |
[09:29] | If Mary should find herself with child, | 如果玛丽怀了孩子 |
[09:31] | there must be no talk from anyone | 不能有人怀疑 |
[09:33] | about whose child this is. | 这个孩子是谁的 |
[09:35] | Of course. | 我明白 |
[09:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[09:41] | I’m hoping you can help me. | 我希望你能帮帮我 |
[09:42] | I’m the king’s deputy. | 我是国王的副手 |
[09:45] | I understand you had a visit from a healer. | 我知道有个医生来找过你 |
[09:47] | A woman dressed all in white? | 一身白衣的女人 |
[09:49] | “A healer”? | 医生 |
[09:50] | Yeah, well, that’s what she called herself. | 她是这么称呼自己的 |
[09:53] | My little Paul there had a terrible fever. | 我的儿子保罗发高烧 |
[09:55] | Physician said he was dying, nothing to be done. | 大夫说他活不久了 无力回天 |
[09:57] | I even went to the convent to ask the nuns to pray for him. | 我甚至去修道院请求修女为他祈祷 |
[10:00] | But he just got weaker. | 但他更加虚弱了 |
[10:02] | Then this woman came, said she could help. | 然后这个女人来了 说她能帮忙 |
[10:04] | And did she? | 她成功了嘛 |
[10:05] | I can see your son’s still alive. | 我看你的儿子还活着 |
[10:07] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, she placed her hands on him. | 是啊 她将双手放到他身上 |
[10:09] | In two days time, he was running around, same as ever. | 两天后 他就活蹦乱跳了 像往常一样 |
[10:12] | And yet you don’t seem thankful. | 但你不是很感谢她啊 |
[10:14] | Paul, Mark! Both of you, come here. | 保罗 马克 你们俩过来 |
[10:17] | There’s always a price, ain’t there? | 凡事总有代价 不是吗 |
[10:20] | When we take help from devils and witches. | 当我们接受恶魔和女巫的帮助时 |
[10:23] | I should’ve known. | 我就该知道 |
[10:26] | He was fine and whole, till she came. | 她来之前 他毫发无损 |
[10:29] | She blinded my boy. | 她弄瞎了我的儿子 |
[10:31] | You find her… and put a stop to her. | 你去找到她 阻止她 |
[10:45] | Sharlene? | 莎琳 |
[10:48] | If you’ve come to say good-bye, don’t bother. | 如果你是来道别的 就不用了 |
[10:50] | It’s your fault I couldn’t pay my rent. | 是你害我交不出房租 |
[10:52] | Your man, that dirty bird | 你那个混蛋男人 |
[10:54] | who chopped my gorgeous hair, cost me my living. | 剪了我的头发 害我没了生路 |
[10:56] | I know, and-and I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[10:58] | That’s why I got you this wig. | 所以我给你买了这个假发 |
[11:01] | You’re serious? | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[11:03] | Do you know how much that’s worth? | 你知道这多贵吗 |
[11:04] | It’s yours. Take it, please. | 它是你的了 收下吧 |
[11:10] | I’m not sure it’s gonna change much. | 我不敢保证会有多大改变 |
[11:12] | I’m not tainted with leper bits, | 我没染上麻风 |
[11:13] | like they said, but I might as well be. | 但就像他们说的 我跟得麻风也差不多 |
[11:16] | Folks on the street won’t come near me. | 街上的人不愿靠近我 |
[11:19] | Sharlene, there are other clients | 莎琳 你还会 |
[11:21] | you might make yourself available to. | 找到其他的客人的 |
[11:23] | Oh, I’m available. | 当然了 |
[11:25] | Because I’m a whore, you see, that’s the point. | 因为我就是个妓女 |
[11:27] | I meant other venues, | 我是指其他地方 |
[11:29] | where one might meet you. | 会有人喜欢你的地方 |
[11:33] | There’s a party I know about, here in town. | 城里有一个宴会 |
[11:36] | There’ll be lots of rich, drunk men | 会有很多富有 烂醉的男人 |
[11:37] | mingling about. | 混迹其中 |
[11:39] | Outside, having a smoke | 在室外 抽根烟 |
[11:42] | where you might say hello. | 就可能会遇到人 |
[11:44] | Oh, you’ll need a different frock, though, | 虽然你可能需要一条好裙子 |
[11:45] | if you’re going to blend in. | 如果你想混进去的话 |
[11:47] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[12:00] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[12:04] | Your Highness. | 陛下 |
[12:07] | I didn’t see you at my brother’s funeral. | 你没来参加我弟弟的葬礼 |
[12:09] | Were you avoiding me? | 你在躲着我吗 |
[12:11] | Coddling your bastard child? | 照顾你的私生子 |
[12:13] | I deserve your anger, and more, | 您有理由生我的气 |
[12:16] | but I’m afraid just now there’s somewhere I have to be. | 但我还有事 |
[12:19] | Yes. I heard you were meeting the Von Amsbergs. | 是啊 我听说你要去见安斯伯格家的人 |
[12:23] | To try to overcome the perception | 试图摆脱 |
[12:25] | that you are just one of the king’s mistresses. | 你只是国王情妇的身份 |
[12:27] | Francis is faithful to Mary. | 弗朗西斯对玛丽忠贞不二 |
[12:30] | And as for me, | 而我… |
[12:31] | it was when they were apart, | 当时他们不在一起 |
[12:32] | and it was one night. | 只发生过一次 |
[12:33] | “One night.” | 只有一次 |
[12:35] | Don’t flaunt your bountiful womb to me. | 少跟我炫耀你那能生的肚子 |
[12:38] | They may have been apart, | 他们或许分居 |
[12:40] | but you were and always have been Mary’s lady, | 但从小到大你永远是 |
[12:44] | since you were a child. | 玛丽的侍女 |
[12:46] | There were dozens of little girls | 曾有不少家庭 |
[12:48] | whose families begged me for that position. | 求我让他们的女儿当侍女 |
[12:51] | But I chose you. | 但我选择了你 |
[12:52] | Because you played well together, | 因为你们意气相投 |
[12:54] | because you didn’t hurt or throw mud at her, | 因为你不伤害她 不向她扔泥巴[中伤她] |
[12:56] | but now you have done both, | 但你如今却两样都做了 |
[12:57] | as, clearly, Francis can procreate with anyone, | 当然 弗朗西斯跟谁都能生孩子 |
[13:00] | they say. | 人们都这么说 |
[13:01] | The gossip of his tryst finds fault with Mary. | 把他去幽会的理由都怪罪于玛丽 |
[13:04] | I know, and I think it’s terrible… | 我知道 那很可怕… |
[13:05] | Oh, I know you do. | 我知道 |
[13:08] | So warm and frank in your approach to things. | 想要的东西伸手可得 |
[13:11] | To Mary. | 与玛丽也亲近 |
[13:12] | Makes her feel like a regular girl. | 让她觉得自己是个寻常女孩 |
[13:14] | But she is not a regular girl. | 但她不是寻常女孩 |
[13:19] | Mary is a queen | 玛丽是王后 |
[13:21] | who must be seen as a force of nature. | 她必须被看待成天选之子 |
[13:23] | Anything less endangers her. | 少了什么都会让她身处危险 |
[13:25] | And you and your son make her seem… | 而你和你的儿子让她显得… |
[13:29] | deficient. | 有缺陷 |
[13:30] | Useless. | 无用 |
[13:32] | Disposable. | 可以抛弃 |
[13:33] | You know what happens to disposable queens? | 你知道可以抛弃的王后们的下场吗 |
[13:36] | They are disposed of. | 她们都被抛弃了 |
[13:38] | Brutally. | 残忍地被抛弃了 |
[13:42] | If it happens, | 如若真有那么一天 |
[13:43] | remember your role in her demise. | 记得她倒台也有你的一份力 |
[13:46] | I know I will. | 反正我不会忘记 |
[14:02] | The sisters know that I’m a healer. | 修女们知道我是医生 |
[14:04] | They believe I am blessed, and took me in. | 她们认为我是受福泽之人 就收容了我 |
[14:08] | How did you find me? | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[14:09] | They call you the Woman in White. | 人们管你叫白衣女 |
[14:11] | I found you here because the woman you helped | 我能找到你是因为你帮助过的人 |
[14:13] | mentioned she came to the convent | 提到过她来了修道院 |
[14:15] | and asked the nuns to pray for her child. | 请求修女们为她的孩子祈福 |
[14:17] | But you do more than pray, don’t you, sister Delphine? | 但你做的不仅仅是祈福吧 戴尔芬修女 |
[14:20] | How did you heal that woman’s son? | 你是怎么治愈那女人的孩子的 |
[14:21] | I laid hands on him. | 我只是把手放在他身上 |
[14:23] | And the man risen from the grave? | 那个死而复生的人呢 |
[14:25] | The Greek worker who had taken ill? | 那个病逝的希腊工人 |
[14:27] | You mean the man they buried alive. | 你是说被他们活埋的那个人吗 |
[14:29] | I didn’t do anything | 我什么都没做 |
[14:30] | but hear his cries. | 只是听到了他的哭声 |
[14:32] | I don’t hurt people. | 我不会伤害他人 |
[14:33] | That’s never my intention. | 那不是我的本意 |
[14:35] | I’m sorry to hear that boy’s brother went blind. | 我很抱歉那孩子的哥哥因此失明 |
[14:38] | But there’s no certainty that it was some kind of price. | 但谁也不知道会不会有代价 |
[14:41] | But this has happened before. | 这种事情以前也发生过吗 |
[14:43] | You save someone at a cost to another. | 你以牺牲他人的代价去救人 |
[14:45] | Not always. | 并非一直如此 |
[14:46] | Many times there are no consequences. | 很多时候并无任何代价 |
[14:49] | Even so, I only cure people | 即便如此 我只会医治那些 |
[14:50] | I know will die without my help. | 病入膏肓 无处寻医之人 |
[14:53] | So if there is a price, | 如此一来 即使有代价 |
[14:54] | surely it’s less than losing someone you love. | 至少也比失去所爱之人来得强 |
[14:57] | But how do you know someone is truly dying? | 你怎么知道这人是否病入膏肓呢 |
[14:59] | Can you see the future? | 你能预知未来吗 |
[15:00] | I’ve known other visionaries. | 我见过其他的先知 |
[15:01] | I’m not asking to taunt you. | 我并非想迫害你 |
[15:03] | When I touch someone, | 当我触碰别人时 |
[15:04] | I know their pain. | 能知晓他们的病痛 |
[15:07] | Pain they’ve experienced | 有时是正在经受的病痛 |
[15:09] | and, yes, sometimes pain yet to come. | 有时却是即将经受的病痛 |
[15:14] | Prove it. | 证明给我看 |
[15:15] | Lay hands on me. | 触碰我 |
[15:16] | What do you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[15:25] | You’ve been wounded in battle. | 你在战争中受过伤 |
[15:26] | That’s an easy guess for a man of my age and station. | 根据我的年龄及身份不难猜到这点 |
[15:29] | I see you on a horse… | 我看见你骑在马上 |
[15:31] | bleeding out, hands reaching for you. | 血流不止 有手伸向你 |
[15:34] | Did you nearly die for a brother? | 你是否差点为拯救兄弟而死 |
[15:36] | A woman? | 还有一个女人 |
[15:37] | Both. | 两者皆是 |
[15:38] | Your heart… | 你的心 |
[15:40] | broken, and then healed… | 破碎后又被治愈 |
[15:43] | but it will shatter because… | 但又会再次被打碎 因为… |
[15:45] | Go on. | 继续说 |
[15:47] | You will lose someone very close to you. | 你会失去一个亲近之人 |
[15:50] | – And soon. – Who? | -就在不久的将来 -是谁 |
[15:53] | Tell me who. | 告诉我是谁 |
[15:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:02] | This is terrible! | 这太糟糕了 |
[16:04] | Your guests have arrived and I lost track of the time. | 你的客人都到了 我忙到都忘了时间 |
[16:07] | Well, everything looks perfect. What are you worried about? | 一切都很完美 你担心什么 |
[16:09] | The party’s started. I’m not even dressed for it. | 派对已经开始了 我还没换装呢 |
[16:11] | I’m yet to go back to the castle to meet my husband. | 我还得回去城堡跟我丈夫汇合 |
[16:13] | We’re supposed to be attending together. | 我们约好了一同出席 |
[16:14] | Well, you’re here now. Why don’t we send a message | 你人都在这了 为什么不派个信使 |
[16:16] | for him to join you? | 传信让他直接过来找你呢 |
[16:17] | I don’t think that would be such a good idea. | 我不认为这是个好主意 |
[16:18] | Do you need these, Lady Kenna? | 你需要这些吗 肯娜小姐 |
[16:20] | But… no, they’re all jumbled | 但… 不 这些都乱套了 |
[16:22] | and they’re supposed to go on the tables. | 这些本该放在桌子上的 |
[16:24] | Well, people will find their own seats. | 大家可以随意入座 |
[16:25] | That’s how it works, isn’t it? | 一直都这样 不是吗 |
[16:26] | Lady Lola is supposed to be sat next to the Von Amsbergs. | 萝拉小姐要坐在安斯伯格夫妇旁 |
[16:30] | I look a mess. What am I going to do? | 我搞得一团糟 这下该怎么办 |
[16:32] | Take these upstairs, sort them out. | 拿上楼 慢慢排 |
[16:33] | I’ll have a dress sent up to you | 我让人准备裙子给你送上去 |
[16:34] | and a message sent to Sebastian to meet you here. | 再派人给塞巴斯蒂安送信让他过来 |
[16:36] | You have dresses at the ready? | 你随时都备有女士礼服吗 |
[16:38] | Designers send collections to my homes | 设计师们会把作品送到我家 |
[16:39] | in the hope that my wife will choose one. | 希望我妻子愿意穿上 |
[16:41] | I can’t wear a dress meant for your wife. | 我不能穿你妻子的礼服 |
[16:43] | – That feels wrong. – Kenna, it’s only clothing. | -不太妥当 -肯娜 只是衣服而已 |
[16:45] | I’m sure you’ll find something that suits you. | 你肯定能找到喜欢的 |
[16:47] | And send her up some jewels. | 再给她送点珠宝 |
[16:49] | Uh, what do you favor? | 你喜欢什么 |
[16:50] | Emeralds? Sapphires? | 绿宝石 蓝宝石 |
[16:55] | Lady Kenna will be writing a message to her husband at court. | 肯娜小姐稍后会给在宫廷的丈夫去信 |
[16:58] | Make sure she sees a rider dispatched, | 确保她看见信使出发 |
[17:00] | but the message should never get there. | 但别让信件传到宫廷 |
[17:06] | Lola. How nice to see you. | 萝拉 在这见到你真开心 |
[17:08] | Oh, Louis! | 路易斯 |
[17:11] | My son might get engaged before he can walk. | 我儿子在学会走路前可能就要订婚了呢 |
[17:13] | Isn’t that wonderful? | 很棒对吧 |
[17:15] | I… I suppose. | 应该吧 |
[17:17] | Be happy for me, won’t you? | 为我高兴一下吧 |
[17:20] | Lola, I have to ask… | 萝拉 我得问一句 |
[17:23] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[17:25] | Oh, very relaxed. | 非常放松 |
[17:28] | And usually these kinds of things make me nervous. | 通常这类场合会让我紧张 |
[17:31] | But I had a little drink before I came, | 但我来之前喝了点小酒 |
[17:34] | to steady my nerves. | 以平复紧张心情 |
[17:36] | Marie de Guise does not like me. | 玛丽·德·吉斯不喜欢我 |
[17:39] | You were drinking with Marie de Guise? | 你和玛丽·德·吉斯一起喝酒了 |
[17:42] | What were you drinking, exactly? | 你到底喝了什么 |
[17:44] | Well, I thought it was wine, | 我以为那是红酒 |
[17:46] | but it was bitter and heavy with resin. | 但带点苦涩及松香的味道 |
[17:51] | But I gulped it down anyway, because… | 但我还是灌下去了 因为… |
[17:53] | well, have you met Mary’s mother? | 你见过玛丽的母亲吗 |
[17:56] | She’s terrifying. | 她可吓人了 |
[17:59] | Marzipan! | 杏仁蛋白软糖 |
[18:29] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[18:32] | I want to do this. | 我想这么做 |
[18:41] | I-I’m just cold. | 我只是有点冷 |
[18:43] | Here. | 披上 |
[18:53] | Are you sure about this? | 你真的确定吗 |
[19:23] | I’m sorry, it’s your breathing. | 抱歉 是你的气息 |
[19:26] | As long as I look at you… | 只要让我看着你 |
[19:45] | We can’t do this. | 我们不能这么做 |
[19:47] | You shouldn’t do this. | 你不必这么做 |
[19:49] | We have to, Francis. | 我们必须这么做 弗朗西斯 |
[19:51] | Why now, Mary? | 为什么非得是现在 玛丽 |
[19:53] | You talk of an heir, | 你说想要一个继承人 |
[19:54] | and yes, a son | 没错 一个子嗣 |
[19:58] | would help both of us | 确实能帮助我们俩 |
[19:59] | and make you a better choice than Elizabeth, | 能让你成为比伊丽莎白更好的继位人选 |
[20:01] | but what are the odds that we would conceive a child– | 但是我们今晚怀上孩子的几率有多大呢 |
[20:06] | a son– this night? | 更别说怀上儿子 |
[20:11] | We’ll try next month. | 我们下个月再尝试吧 |
[20:12] | I don’t want to wait. | 我不想再等了 |
[20:13] | Just until you’re ready. | 至少等到你准备好了 |
[20:16] | I know that England and Scotland are in chaos, | 我知道英格兰和苏格兰现在局势混乱 |
[20:18] | but is this really the answer? | 但这真能解决问题吗 |
[20:20] | Is Elizabeth really so frightening? | 伊丽莎白真的就那么可怕吗 |
[20:24] | Can you trust that I will defend you? | 你就不能相信我会保护你吗 |
[20:26] | Defend Scotland. | 保护苏格兰 |
[20:27] | Defend my people. | 保护我的人民 |
[20:29] | Are you afraid that I won’t protect you? | 你是担心我不会保护你吗 |
[20:31] | Well, what if you turn on me? | 如果你弃我于不顾呢 |
[20:34] | What if I do something to anger you, | 如果在未来几个月或几年里 |
[20:36] | in the months and years to come? | 我做了某件事惹恼了你 |
[20:37] | I would never hurt you. | 我永远都不会伤害你 |
[20:39] | You don’t know that. | 你自己也无法预知 |
[20:42] | If we live separate lives, | 如果我们分开生活 |
[20:44] | move on with others… | 和别人开展新的生活 |
[20:45] | I don’t want to move on with others, with anyone. | 我不想和其它任何人开展新的生活 |
[20:52] | But… but you do? | 但是 你想是吗 |
[20:57] | Conde. | 是康德 |
[21:00] | Have things progressed between you? | 你们的关系是不是有了新进展 |
[21:02] | We have done nothing. | 我们什么都没做 |
[21:04] | But he loves you. | 但是他爱你 |
[21:05] | You and I both know that. | 你我都知道这一点 |
[21:09] | Do you love him? | 你爱他吗 |
[21:11] | Is that what all this is about? | 那是不是就是你这么做的原因 |
[21:13] | Did you come to me because you’re afraid you’ll go to him? | 你来找我是因为怕自己会去找他吗 |
[21:15] | Or because you want to secure your rule | 还是你想要在那之前 |
[21:17] | in Scotland before you do? | 先巩固你在苏格兰的统治地位 |
[21:20] | – Mary! – Both. | -玛丽 -两者皆是 |
[21:21] | Is that what you wanted to hear? | 这就是你想听的吗 |
[21:24] | I don’t know if I can love anyone again, | 我不知道以后还能不能爱上别人 |
[21:26] | but I know I can’t keep living like this. | 但我知道无法再继续像这样生活 |
[21:29] | A queen but not a queen. | 虽为女王却无女王之实 |
[21:30] | A wife but not a wife. | 虽为妻子却无妻子之实 |
[21:31] | Then be my wife. | 那就做我真正的妻子 |
[21:33] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[21:34] | We’ve been over this already. | 我们已经谈过这个了 |
[21:36] | Too much has passed between us. | 我们之间发生了太多事 |
[21:37] | Too much you blame me for. | 而你把这一切都怪在了我头上 |
[21:40] | While Conde remains untarnished. | 而康德却还完美无瑕 |
[21:43] | And now you want to go to him, | 现在你想投入他的怀抱 |
[21:44] | thinking it will erase your pain. | 以为这能减轻你的痛苦 |
[21:47] | It won’t, Mary. | 那没用的 玛丽 |
[21:49] | I won’t let you do it. | 我不会让你这么做 |
[21:52] | No. | 不 |
[21:52] | I forbid it. | 我不准你这么做 |
[22:14] | Who knew vengeance could be quite so invigorating? | 谁能想到复仇还能这么好玩刺激 |
[22:22] | Is Bash here? | 巴斯来了吗 |
[22:23] | Not yet. | 还没来 |
[22:24] | Come. | 过来 |
[22:26] | Let me introduce you to some very influential people. | 我来给你介绍几位有影响力的人物 |
[22:31] | Where the hell is she? | 她到底在哪里 |
[22:33] | Is there no sign of Lady Kenna? | 还没有找到肯娜小姐吗 |
[22:35] | No word? | 没有任何口信吗 |
[22:36] | Nothing, my lord. | 没有 大人 |
[22:38] | I checked with the guards in the watchtower. | 我问过瞭望塔的守卫 |
[22:39] | Not even a carriage on the horizon. | 在来路上没有任何马车 |
[22:57] | This is your daughter. | 这是你们的女儿吗 |
[22:58] | Yes. | 是的 |
[23:00] | She took our breath away, too. | 她也让我们神魂颠倒 |
[23:02] | She has your nose. | 她遗传了你的鼻子 |
[23:05] | And your… eyebrow. | 和你的 眉毛 |
[23:08] | Are those ears? | 那两只是耳朵吗 |
[23:10] | Why are they so far back? | 为什么它们长得那么靠后 |
[23:12] | Ah, Lola, I see you’ve met the Von Amsbergs. | 萝拉 我想你已经见过安斯伯格夫妇了 |
[23:14] | And their baby. | 还有他们的孩子 |
[23:15] | Johnnie would have to be a saint to marry it. | 约翰尼要是娶了它可就成圣人了 |
[23:20] | Excuse us for a moment. | 抱歉失陪一下 |
[23:24] | How drunk are you? | 你喝得很醉吗 |
[23:25] | Have you ever noticed | 你有没有发现 |
[23:26] | how many shimmering soft things there are in the world? | 世上有这么多闪亮又柔软的东西 |
[23:33] | Like little gold ribbons. | 比如这些小金丝 |
[23:37] | Please stop doing that. | 别这样 |
[23:38] | Oh, it’s nice that you’re here. | 你在这里真好 |
[23:41] | That you were willing to marry our son | 你愿意让我们的儿子 |
[23:42] | to that ugly baby because you are a good person. | 娶那个丑孩子 是因为你是个好人 |
[23:47] | I’m not a good person. | 我不是好人 |
[23:48] | I wasn’t tonight, at least. | 至少今晚不是 |
[23:51] | But you are. | 但你就是 |
[23:54] | Let’s get you out of here. | 我得赶紧把你送回去 |
[24:01] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[24:03] | I asked you here to tell you something. | 我叫你来是想告诉你一件事 |
[24:05] | There will be no heir. | 我不会有继承人 |
[24:07] | Not for a while, maybe not ever. | 现在不会有 以后可能也不会有 |
[24:08] | You’re being ridiculous. | 你在胡说些什么 |
[24:11] | Couples fight. It doesn’t mean anything. | 夫妻吵架而已 这没什么的 |
[24:14] | I was raped. | 我被强奸了 |
[24:16] | When the Protestants attacked the castle. | 在清教徒袭击城堡的那天 |
[24:18] | That is why Francis and I have separate bedrooms. | 这就是弗朗西斯和我分房睡的原因 |
[24:21] | There’s more to it, of course. | 当然 事情没那么简单 |
[24:22] | Are you worried you’re pregnant | 你是不是担心你怀上了 |
[24:23] | with your attacker’s child? | 攻击者的孩子 |
[24:25] | You still have only one goal– | 你永远只有一个目标 |
[24:28] | a child to secure power, | 用孩子来巩固权势 |
[24:29] | as your child increased yours. | 正如你的孩子增强了你的权势一样 |
[24:32] | I just told you that I… | 我刚刚告诉你 我… |
[24:35] | And your first thought is how long you have to wait | 而你首先想到的竟然是你要等多久 |
[24:39] | to be sure I am not giving birth to a rapist’s child. | 才能确认我没有怀上强奸犯的孩子 |
[24:43] | Well… | 那么 |
[24:45] | are you past it? | 你现在熬过去了吗 |
[24:49] | Yes, | 是的 |
[24:50] | I am past that fear, | 我战胜了那个恐惧 |
[24:52] | but I face others. | 但是我面临其它的恐惧 |
[24:54] | Darling, I am sorry. | 亲爱的 我很抱歉 |
[24:56] | But the man who violated you | 但是你不能让侵犯过你的人 |
[24:58] | should not succeed in damaging your aspirations. | 破坏你的志向 |
[25:01] | Your aspirations, | 是你的志向 |
[25:03] | not mine. | 不是我的 |
[25:05] | What am I to you? | 我对你来说算什么 |
[25:06] | Certainly not a daughter | 当然不是女儿 |
[25:07] | as you have never been a mother to me. | 你对我从未尽过母亲的责任 |
[25:10] | You see me as a weapon. | 你把我当武器 |
[25:11] | A bargaining chip, a vessel for your dreams of greatness. | 当交易的筹码 当通往王位的捷径 |
[25:16] | You are more than that. | 你比这些都重要多了 |
[25:17] | Yes, I am. | 没错 |
[25:20] | I am more than a marker to hold an alliance, | 我不只是为了结盟而牺牲的筹码 |
[25:23] | or a breeder for the next generation or the next. | 不只是无休止传宗接代的生育机器 |
[25:26] | I am my own person. | 我是独立自主的人 |
[25:28] | A woman grown, and tonight I realize | 一位成熟的女性 今晚我感觉到 |
[25:31] | that I am utterly and completely alone. | 我是如此的孤立无援 |
[25:34] | But when I look at you, | 但当我看到你 |
[25:36] | I feel I am better for it. | 我觉得我远能做得更好 |
[25:44] | Lola, stay with me– the carriage is on its way. | 萝拉 待在这 马车就要来了 |
[25:49] | I love your crown. | 我喜欢你的皇冠 |
[25:51] | So kingly. | 好高贵 |
[25:52] | Yes, well, that’s the point, I suppose. | 是啊 也就这点有用 |
[25:54] | But sometimes, when I look at you, | 但有时候 我看到你 |
[25:57] | I don’t see a king at all. | 我看到的不是国王 |
[25:59] | I see the young man you were in Paris. | 是曾经在巴黎的那位少年 |
[26:01] | Deep pockets and free to roam. | 家财万贯 自由孤傲 |
[26:06] | That was the first time in my life that I was outside the castle walls | 那是我这辈子第一次逃出宫墙 |
[26:09] | and no one knew where I was. | 没人知道我去了哪儿 |
[26:11] | You were so not you. | 那时的你跟现在判若两人 |
[26:13] | And yet, utterly you. | 却是最真实的你 |
[26:17] | And a marvelous kisser. | 而且吻技高超 |
[26:20] | – Lola… – You know, I’ve always wanted to tell you that. | -萝拉 -我一直想告诉你的 |
[26:22] | Objectively, as your friend. | 作为朋友的客观评价 |
[26:26] | Here we are. | 马车来了 |
[26:29] | I really hope things work out between you and Mary. | 我真心希望你和玛丽能走出困境 |
[26:36] | Lady Lola’s not feeling so well. | 萝拉小姐身体不舒服 |
[26:38] | Oh, but I am. | 我没有啊 |
[26:39] | Have her servants escort her to her chambers | 让仆人护送她回房间 |
[26:41] | and stay with her through the night. | 今晚要彻夜陪着她 |
[26:42] | No stops along the way. | 路上不准停 |
[26:43] | Yes, Your Majesty. | 是 国王陛下 |
[27:00] | You’re early. | 你这么快 |
[27:01] | Wasn’t expecting anybody to return for a few more hours. | 我以为还要几个小时才会有人回来呢 |
[27:04] | What’s wrong? | 发生什么事了 |
[27:06] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[27:08] | I saw Francis at the party | 今天晚宴上我看到弗朗西斯了 |
[27:09] | after Lola said he wouldn’t be attending. | 萝拉说过他不会出席 |
[27:11] | That he’d be with you. | 说他会陪着你 |
[27:13] | The whole castle knew of your plans tonight. | 整个皇宫的人都知道你今晚的安排 |
[27:17] | Why didn’t he stay with you? | 他为什么没陪着你 |
[27:18] | Because it was a failure. | 因为这是个彻头彻尾的错误 |
[27:21] | I froze, it pained him, and… | 我无法迎合 伤害到了他 |
[27:23] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:24] | Mary, please, be… | 玛丽 请你… |
[27:26] | patient with yourself. | 对自己耐心一点 |
[27:30] | Don’t take heart from this, Louis. | 请别放在心上 路易斯 |
[27:32] | It’s worse than ever for us. | 我们的处境更加糟糕了 |
[27:34] | Francis knows of our feelings and has forbidden our union. | 弗朗西斯知道了我们的感情 禁止我们再碰面 |
[27:38] | “Our feelings”? Are you saying that…? | “我们的感情” 你是说… |
[27:39] | That I care for you, of course I do. | 我喜欢你 这是当然的 |
[27:43] | You know I do. | 你知道我喜欢你 |
[27:44] | Why else would your declaration frighten me so? | 不然 为何你的誓言让我如此恐惧 |
[27:48] | I can promise you nothing, | 因为我的身份和经历 |
[27:50] | given who I am and what I’ve been through. | 我给不了你任何承诺 |
[27:53] | It’s all right. | 没关系 |
[27:54] | I understand. | 我理解的 |
[27:57] | Was Francis harsh with you? | 弗朗西斯强迫你了吗 |
[27:59] | No. | 没有 |
[28:01] | Not half as harsh as my mother was. | 远不如我母亲逼迫得严重 |
[28:03] | She has been pressing me mercilessly for an heir. | 她为了子嗣 对我严酷无情地施压 |
[28:06] | Even knowing what I’ve endured. | 即使她知道我经历了什么 |
[28:10] | Mary, has your mother been acting herself? | 玛丽 你的母亲一直很自我吗 |
[28:12] | Why do you ask? | 为什么这么问 |
[28:13] | At the party, Lola was… | 晚宴上 萝拉她… |
[28:16] | well, fairly levitating after she had something | 喝了你母亲的一点酒之后 |
[28:18] | – to drink of your mother’s. – My mother’s? | -有点意乱神迷了 -我母亲的酒 |
[28:20] | – There was clearly some powerful narcotic in it. – Is Lola all right? | -酒里肯定有强力迷幻药 -萝拉没事吧 |
[28:23] | She was in better spirits than I’ve ever seen. | 她的心情前所未有的好 |
[28:26] | Much like others I’ve encountered | 很像我见过的那些 |
[28:27] | who have ingested opiates or other such herbs. | 吸食了鸦片或其他毒品的人 |
[28:29] | Mother did try to give me | 母亲之前的确想让我尝试 |
[28:30] | a miraculous new medicine she’d found. | 她找到的一种功效强大的新药 |
[28:33] | Well, the miracle is that Marie can still walk straight, | 奇怪的是 玛莉依然神智清楚 |
[28:35] | much less give you counsel. | 而且能给你清晰的劝告 |
[28:57] | Bash. | 巴斯 |
[28:58] | You’re here– I was missing you. | 你在这儿啊 我好想你 |
[29:00] | Yes, it looks like you’ve been grieving my absence. | 是啊 看得出来 我不在你非常”伤心”啊 |
[29:04] | Well, you’re here now. | 既然你来了 |
[29:05] | May I offer you some champagne? | 我给你拿点香槟吧 |
[29:07] | What’s all this for? | 这是什么意思 |
[29:08] | Is it for us to look past your hatred of us? | 想让我们对你不计前嫌 宽容放过吗 |
[29:11] | Then why seduce my wife? | 那你为何还勾引我妻子 |
[29:13] | Why don’t we go for a walk, Baron? | 我们去散散步吧 男爵 |
[29:14] | Get some air. | 呼吸下新鲜空气 |
[29:17] | Where did you get those? | 你从哪儿得到的这些东西 |
[29:19] | Bash, please, not now. | 巴斯 拜托 不要现在闹 |
[29:21] | Every time I turn around, he’s beside you. | 每次我转身离开 他都立马陪在你身边 |
[29:25] | You were supposed to meet me. | 你应该来找我的 |
[29:26] | I sent a message with Antoine’s page. | 我让安托万的侍从给你送信了 |
[29:28] | Did you not get it? | 你没收到吗 |
[29:32] | He never sent the message, Kenna. | 他怎可能为你传信 肯娜 |
[29:35] | Well, I’ll have a word with my page | 我会跟我的侍卫谈谈 |
[29:36] | – and see what happened. – No message? | -看看这是怎么回事 -没收到信吗 |
[29:39] | Are you sure…? | 你确定吗 |
[29:44] | You’re a manipulator. | 你这个背后黑手 |
[29:45] | And a liar. | 你这个骗子 |
[29:49] | Bash, please, just talk to me. | 巴斯 求你了 请听我说 |
[29:51] | Antoine is a liar. He tricked me. | 安托万是骗子 他骗了我 |
[29:53] | But it was you who put yourself in a position to be tricked. | 是你主动迎上前去 才给了他机会骗你 |
[29:56] | I planned a party. | 我策划了一场晚宴 |
[29:58] | I am not excusing Antoine’s deception. | 我没识破安托万的诡计 |
[30:01] | I’m wondering why it is so hard for you to trust me. | 为什么要你相信我就这么难 |
[30:03] | Look at yourself– he’s all over you. | 看看你自己 全身上下都属于他 |
[30:06] | The gown, those jewels. | 晚礼服 珠宝 |
[30:08] | You may not have strayed explicitly, | 就算你未误入歧途 |
[30:10] | but clearly you want more than you have. | 但很明显 你总是欲求不满 |
[30:12] | I do– I want a good life, and a husband to share it with. | 我就是…想要好生活 想要能跟我有福同享的丈夫 |
[30:16] | And I’m sick of being judged for it just because you want less. | 我受够了因为你清心寡欲 我就要被批判 |
[30:20] | Less comfort. | 你不要舒适的生活 |
[30:21] | Less responsibility. | 不要责任义务 |
[30:23] | Less of me. | 不要我 |
[30:42] | You. | 是你 |
[30:43] | How have I offended you now? | 我又怎么冒犯你了 |
[30:45] | One question. | 就一个问题 |
[30:49] | Could sex with you be simple? | 我能和你简单明了地做爱吗 |
[30:51] | Not scary? | 不吓人 |
[30:53] | Just two people. | 就两个人 |
[30:54] | Or is there something | 或是有一些 |
[30:57] | unimaginably dirty or odd involved? | 肮脏或者古怪到无法想象的东西 |
[31:06] | Maybe… | 也许 |
[31:08] | I’m ready to find out. | 我准备好探明真相了 |
[31:11] | Lola, | 萝拉 |
[31:12] | I can tell that you’re not | 我看得出来 |
[31:14] | in your right mind at the moment. | 你现在头脑不清醒 |
[31:16] | Oh, not you, too. | 怎么你也这样 |
[31:20] | And though you are heart-breakingly tempting, | 尽管你香艳动人 |
[31:24] | were we to come together, I would want the real you. | 和你在一起时 我还是想要真正的你 |
[31:31] | She smells of ointment. | 她身上一股药膏味 |
[31:34] | Escort Lady Lola to her chambers. | 护送萝拉小姐回她卧室 |
[31:36] | Have the physician check on her. | 请医生来为她检查 |
[31:38] | Watch over her. | 好好照顾她 |
[31:47] | He didn’t even offer me a bath. | 他都没邀请我洗浴 |
[31:50] | And he always offers a bath. | 他老是那么请我来着 |
[31:54] | What are these herbs you’ve been taking, Mother? | 母亲 你吃的都是什么草药 |
[31:57] | Some kind of opiate? | 难道是鸦片 |
[31:59] | You nearly poisoned my friend. | 你差点毒害了我的朋友 |
[32:01] | My dear, I am sorry | 亲爱的 很抱歉 |
[32:03] | I have been such an inadequate mother… | 我一直是一个不合格的母亲 |
[32:06] | Answer the question. | 回答我的问题 |
[32:08] | What are you doing | 为了缓解权欲 |
[32:09] | to dull your ache for power? | 你都做了些什么 |
[32:11] | Do you really miss sitting on my throne that much? | 你真的那么怀念拥有我的权力吗 |
[32:14] | I am dying. | 我快死了 |
[32:16] | And I’m leaving you alone | 我将把你独自 |
[32:18] | to a terribly uncertain future. | 留在这个未知又恐怖的未来 |
[32:23] | But you look… | 但你看起来… |
[32:23] | The physicians say it originated in my lymph | 医生说病根在淋巴 |
[32:28] | and lungs. | 和肺上 |
[32:29] | I’ve been taking tinctures in increasing amounts. | 我一直在服用药酊 剂量也在不断增加 |
[32:33] | I can’t go without them for even a day, | 离开它们一天我都受不了 |
[32:36] | or the pain is unbearable. | 因为实在是疼痛难忍 |
[32:38] | You will stay here, then. | 那你就留在这 |
[32:40] | We will take care of you. Our physicians… | 我们会照顾你 这的医生… |
[32:42] | We are past that. | 不必了 |
[32:46] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[32:47] | I must go back. | 我必须得回去 |
[32:49] | James is weak, and I must help him | 詹姆斯孤立无援 只要我还有一口气 |
[32:51] | with the nobles for as long as I am able. | 就要帮他和贵族们周旋 |
[32:55] | I wanted the world for you. | 我想为你争取全世界 |
[32:58] | I wanted France and England to fall at your feet. | 我想让法国和英格兰都对你俯首称臣 |
[33:02] | But I cannot protect you when I’m gone. | 但我去世后就不能保护你了 |
[33:05] | I couldn’t even protect you when you needed it most. | 连在你最需要的时候我都无法保护你 |
[33:08] | Nobody could. | 没人可以 |
[33:11] | But I survived. | 但我还是活下来了 |
[33:12] | You are a fighter. | 你是个斗士 |
[33:16] | Fight for yourself, your country, | 为自己而战 为国家而战 |
[33:20] | your throne. | 为你的皇冠而战 |
[33:22] | Have an heir. | 诞下皇子 |
[33:24] | Be… unassailable. | 坐稳皇位 |
[33:29] | Lay down your burdens, Mother, | 卸下你的负担吧 母亲 |
[33:31] | so I am no longer your worry. | 我无须你担忧 |
[33:34] | I promise you, | 我向你保证 |
[33:36] | I will let no one– | 我不会让任何人 |
[33:38] | not Elizabeth, not any usurper– | 无论是伊丽莎白或是任何篡位者 |
[33:40] | take my country from me. | 从我手中夺走国家 |
[33:44] | Since I was a babe, | 自婴儿起 |
[33:45] | I have been a queen. | 我便是女王 |
[33:48] | Since a child, | 自孩童起 |
[33:49] | I have been alone on foreign soil. | 我便孤身沦落异国 |
[33:52] | I know how to keep my life, my crown, | 我知道该如何保住性命 戴稳皇冠 |
[33:56] | and I will. | 今后也将如此 |
[34:04] | – Kenna. – Have you been following me? | -肯娜 -你一直跟着我 |
[34:07] | Well, I’ve-I’ve been looking for you. | 没有 我一直在找你 |
[34:09] | Well, stay away from me. | 离我远点 |
[34:11] | I sent back your gowns, your jewels. | 我把礼服和珠宝都还你了 |
[34:13] | I won’t be your revenge against this family, against my husband. | 我不是你报复这个家族和我丈夫的棋子 |
[34:17] | That’s not what I want. | 那不是我想要的 |
[34:20] | I want you. | 我想要的是你 |
[34:22] | You think that because I was the king’s mistress | 你这么想是因为我是国王的情妇 |
[34:24] | that I’m easy prey? | 唾手可得吗 |
[34:25] | I don’t want you to be revenge. | 我不想利用你去复仇 |
[34:26] | I don’t want you to be my mistress. | 也不想把你当情妇 |
[34:28] | I want you to be my wife. | 我想让你做我的妻子 |
[34:32] | I’m a man who knows what he wants. | 我明白自己的心之所向 |
[34:33] | And I have never wanted anyone as much as I want you. | 我从未如此急切地想得到一个人 |
[34:39] | You’re married. | 但你已经结婚了 |
[34:41] | Jeanne is dying. | 珍妮已是垂死之人 |
[34:44] | They say she won’t live another month. | 医生说她活不过下个月 |
[34:46] | And it should tell you something about the state of our union | 你应该明白我们的境况了吧 |
[34:48] | that she doesn’t want me by her side. | 她不希望我在她身边 |
[34:50] | When she’s gone, I’ll take another wife. | 她死后 我将迎娶一位新妻子 |
[34:54] | I’m married. | 我也结婚了啊 |
[34:56] | It was an act of a mad king, | 那不过是一位昏君的愚昧之举 |
[34:57] | which even your Church would overturn. | 连你的教会都会否决这桩婚姻 |
[35:00] | Forgive me, | 原谅我这么说 |
[35:01] | but I know the facts. | 但我知道这就是事实 |
[35:03] | I also know that your husband occupies a station | 我还知道凭你丈夫的地位 |
[35:05] | that no woman of your upbringing could be happy with. | 决不能使如你这样骄傲的女人开心 |
[35:07] | And now you insult me. | 你这是在侮辱我 |
[35:09] | You don’t know what makes me happy. | 你不知道什么能让我开心 |
[35:11] | I saw you happy yesterday. | 我看到你昨天挺开心的 |
[35:14] | And… | 而且 |
[35:16] | if you are less than happy | 如果你每天 |
[35:18] | in your every day, I wonder if you might entertain a way out. | 都不开心 你有没有在寻找出路呢 |
[35:20] | A life with me. | 和我一起生活吧 |
[35:23] | A chance to be a queen. | 还有成为王后的机会 |
[35:28] | I was going to ask you how your evening went with Mary, | 我本来想问你昨晚和玛丽过得怎么样 |
[35:31] | but I think I know. | 不过看来是不言自明了 |
[35:33] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[35:35] | There’s no chance of us having an heir. | 我们没有诞下皇子的机会 |
[35:36] | If that makes Mary a less attractive rival | 如果这让玛丽在英格兰 |
[35:38] | for the English throne, so be it. | 皇位竞争中略逊一筹 那就由它吧 |
[35:41] | I’ll find a way to navigate the politics. | 我会想办法弥补的 |
[35:44] | On her behalf and ours. | 为了她 也为了我们 |
[35:52] | Francis, look at me. | 弗朗西斯 看着我 |
[35:56] | I’m not surprised that | 我不意外 |
[35:57] | Mary is still incapable of being intimate. | 玛丽仍不能行亲密之举 |
[35:59] | And it’s true, you may never recover what you had. | 的确 你的过错可能再也无法弥补 |
[36:02] | For Mary’s sake, I hope that you do, | 为了玛丽 我希望能诞下皇子 |
[36:04] | but if not, you are my child, | 但如果不能 你还是我的孩子 |
[36:07] | my concern in this moment. | 现在 我的担忧是 |
[36:11] | What makes you happy? | 你要怎样才能幸福 |
[36:14] | Your son? | 你儿子 |
[36:16] | A family? | 一个家庭 |
[36:17] | You have that right now. | 现在你都有了 |
[36:19] | What are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[36:20] | I have the deepest compassion for Mary. | 我真的很同情玛丽 |
[36:23] | But you wear the crown. | 但你是国王 |
[36:25] | Without joy or happiness | 你若不开心 |
[36:27] | in this life, its weight will crush your spirit into dust. | 不幸福 它会从精神上摧毁你 |
[36:31] | Mary has released me to take anyone I wish. | 玛丽给我自由让我寻找幸福 |
[36:35] | I haven’t even entertained the possibility. Not yet. | 但是我并不想享受这份自由 现在还不想 |
[36:43] | Whatever you decide, I support you. | 不论你作何决定 我都支持你 |
[36:46] | And if someone here at court should bring you joy, | 如果宫廷里有人能让你开心 |
[36:50] | let yourself have it. | 那就尽管去吧 |
[37:06] | Look at his face. | 快看他啊 |
[37:09] | Will you take him in? | 抱他进屋吧 |
[37:20] | Last night… | 昨晚 |
[37:21] | I am mortified and so sorry. | 我太丢人了 真的很抱歉 |
[37:25] | I’m surprised you even remember. | 没想到你竟然还记得 |
[37:28] | Every granular detail. | 历历在目 |
[37:30] | Oh, Francis, the things I said… | 弗朗西斯 我说的话… |
[37:33] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[37:34] | They were nice things to hear. | 能听到那些话很好 |
[37:36] | From a friend. | 从一个朋友口中 |
[37:37] | I did specify that, didn’t I? | 我并未说得很明确吧 |
[37:39] | That I was saying them in friendship? | 说我是从朋友的角度出发的 |
[37:41] | You did, absolutely. | 你绝对说明了 |
[37:44] | You were perhaps less friendly | 不过你可能对安斯伯格夫妇 |
[37:45] | about the Von Amsbergs’ baby’s ears. | 他们宝宝的耳朵不怎么友好 |
[37:48] | Oh, God, I… | 天啊 我… |
[38:02] | Two guinea hen pies– one for you and one for me. | 两个珍珠鸡派 你一个我一个 |
[38:05] | Though I could eat three. | 虽然三个我也吃得下 |
[38:07] | Sharlene, I don’t have any money. | 莎琳 我没有钱 |
[38:10] | Take a peek. | 你看看 |
[38:12] | Made it all in one night, thanks to you. | 这是我一晚赚来的 多亏了你 |
[38:14] | That’s two months’ rent. | 这够两个月的房租了 |
[38:17] | That party was swarming with eager gentlemen. | 那场宴会上全是热情的绅士 |
[38:19] | Tables and tables of food– roast duck, a whole pig. | 整桌整桌的食物 烤鸭 烤全猪 |
[38:23] | You went inside the party? | 你去进去了吗 |
[38:25] | My new friend invited me. | 我新交的朋友邀请我去的 |
[38:27] | Found a dark corner. | 找了个隐蔽的地方 |
[38:28] | He was touchy about the cold. | 他不喜欢寒冷 |
[38:34] | Easiest money I ever made. | 这钱赚得太容易了 |
[38:36] | Highborn gentlemen, nothing particularly nasty asked. | 都是出身高贵的绅士 没有特别过分的要求 |
[38:40] | I want to do it again. | 我想再去几次 |
[38:41] | Sharlene, I can’t risk you being discovered at these parties. | 莎琳 我不能冒险让你在宴会上被发现 |
[38:43] | We’ll be hush. | 我们会利索点 |
[38:45] | Never saying anything about you. | 绝不提你的事 |
[38:47] | – “We”? – My friends. | -我们 -我的朋友们 |
[38:51] | All you have to do is tell us about the parties | 你只需要告诉我们宴会场所 |
[38:53] | and dress us up. | 帮我们打扮就行了 |
[38:55] | Make us look… right. | 让我们看起来…合适 |
[38:58] | It sounds easy enough, | 说得容易 |
[38:59] | but that’s not the future I envisioned for myself. | 但我可不想以后就这样过日子 |
[39:01] | It doesn’t have to be your whole future. | 不必一直如此 |
[39:04] | Just the right now future. | 只是目前而已 |
[39:06] | There’s money in it for you, Greer. | 你也有好处 葛瑞尔 |
[39:08] | There’s money in it for all of us. | 对我们都有好处 |
[39:13] | Oh, well, | 好吧 |
[39:14] | all right, then. | 那行吧 |
[39:18] | All right. | 没问题 |
[39:23] | The herbs are to soften the pain, | 草药是用来减轻痛苦的 |
[39:25] | because my mother is dying. | 因为我母亲快不行了 |
[39:27] | Oh, Mary. | 玛丽 |
[39:28] | Is there no hope for recovery? | 没有康复的希望了吗 |
[39:30] | No. | 没有 |
[39:32] | And if I am to secure my rule in her absence, | 如果想在她不在时保证我的统治 |
[39:34] | I must take drastic action. | 我必须下猛药 |
[39:38] | I’m going to return to Scotland to rule in person, | 我要回苏格兰亲自统治国家 |
[39:42] | to remind my people | 提醒我的人民 |
[39:43] | that I am their queen. | 我才是他们的女王 |
[39:45] | You’re leaving, permanently? | 你要永远离开吗 |
[39:49] | Francis agrees with this? | 弗朗西斯同意吗 |
[39:51] | No, he is unaware. | 他还不知道 |
[39:54] | Mary, whatever you need, I will help you. | 玛丽 无论如何我都会帮你 |
[39:58] | There is more. | 还有 |
[40:01] | I am done being a vessel | 我不想再 |
[40:02] | for other people’s wishes and fears. | 因别人的愿望或恐惧活着 |
[40:05] | I will not wait for a child, or anyone, | 我不会再等一个孩子或其他人 |
[40:07] | to secure my life and future. | 来确保我的安全和未来 |
[40:09] | I am seizing it. | 我要自己去创造 |
[40:11] | And in that light, | 这样一来 |
[40:13] | what I want is so clear. | 我想要什么就很明确了 |
[40:17] | I want you. | 我想要你 |
[40:18] | At my side, as you have been these many months. | 在我身边 就如这多个月以来一样 |
[40:21] | I know it is a huge request, and I urge you to think on it. | 我知道这是个巨大的请求 我请你好好想一下 |
[40:26] | Because if you say yes, you could be risking your life. | 如果你答应我 就意味着你可能冒生命危险 |
[40:31] | Come to Scotland with me. | 跟我一起去苏格兰 |
[40:33] | Where we can be together. | 在那里我们可以起在一起 |
[40:35] | A new life for us both. | 我们都可以重新开始 |
[40:48] | Antoine. What are you doing here? | 安托万 你怎么来了 |
[40:50] | Basking in my triumphs. | 因为高兴啊 |
[40:53] | You’re not this pleased over a simple party. | 你不是个一场宴会就满足的人 |
[40:55] | Hardly. | 是啊 |
[40:56] | I’m pleased for you, brother. | 我是为你高兴 弟弟 |
[40:59] | Bravo. | 太好了 |
[41:01] | I’ve had a message from England. | 英格兰那边传来消息 |
[41:05] | Queen Elizabeth wants a stronghold in France, | 伊丽莎白女王想在法国建立据点 |
[41:07] | an alliance with a powerful noble with a famous name. | 结交一位声名显赫有权有势的贵族 |
[41:12] | She wants you. | 她想要你 |
[41:15] | Do you hear me? | 听到了吗 |
[41:16] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[41:17] | No, y-you’re lying. It can’t be true. | 你在说谎 这不可能 |
[41:19] | Elizabeth is inviting you to court her. | 伊丽莎白邀请你跟她一起统治 |
[41:21] | To see if you will be her king. | 邀请你当她的国王 |
[41:23] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[41:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:26] | Because you want Mary? | 因为你想要玛丽吗 |
[41:27] | Because you’re waiting to be beheaded | 因为你想因为通奸罪 |
[41:28] | at the first mention of adultery? | 被杀头吗 |
[41:31] | You could be ruling England by Elizabeth’s side. | 你可以跟伊丽莎白一起统治英格兰 |
[41:33] | And after that, France. | 之后便可统治法国 |
[41:36] | Elizabeth is your future. | 伊丽莎白才是你的未来 |