时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I’ve just been informed I’m no longer allowed | 我刚知道没有私人保镖的陪同 |
[00:03] | outside the castle– or anywhere, really– | 我被禁止走出城堡 |
[00:05] | without a personal guard. | 或者说哪里也不许去 |
[00:06] | By order of the Queen Mother. | 是我太后母亲下的命令 |
[00:08] | You know, I don’t even know your name. | 我还不知道你的名字呢 |
[00:09] | General Renaude. | 雷诺德将军 |
[00:11] | General, is it? | 你是将军吗 |
[00:12] | My enemies at court multiply by the day. | 我在宫廷的敌人与日俱增 |
[00:15] | Francis and Catherine hate me for being with you; | 弗朗西斯和凯瑟琳恨我与你相好 |
[00:17] | the rest hate me for being Protestant. | 其余则憎恨我的新教信仰 |
[00:18] | They want my head, Mary. | 他们都想让我死 玛丽 |
[00:20] | I have to leave. | 我必须得离开 |
[00:21] | I’m Lord Akers. | 我是埃克斯伯爵 |
[00:22] | – Elizabeth’s envoy? – Face your fate in France, | -伊丽莎白的公使 -留在法国等待命运 |
[00:24] | or seek Elizabeth’s hand in marriage. | 还是与伊丽莎白携手成婚 |
[00:26] | You won’t believe what Conde’s done. | 你不会相信康德做了什么 |
[00:28] | Married the Queen of England | 他与英格兰女王成婚了 |
[00:30] | by proxy. | 通过代理人的方式 |
[00:31] | If Elizabeth has a stronghold in France | 如果伊丽莎白在法国建立起据点 |
[00:33] | and Conde’s claim to the throne, | 而康德继承王位 |
[00:35] | this may mean the end of our reign. | 那可能就意味着我们的统治结束了 |
[00:37] | Every last document signifying your union has been destroyed. | 而且所有证明你们结合的文件都被毁坏了 |
[00:40] | It seems that someone is out to erase | 看起来有人想要抹去 |
[00:42] | all evidence of your wedding, Prince Conde. | 你婚礼所有的证据 康德王子 |
[01:07] | Tell me what you want. | 告诉我你想要什么 |
[01:10] | No. | 不 |
[01:11] | You have to tell me what you want. | 你得告诉我你想要什么 |
[01:31] | My men have his description. | 我的手下知道了他的体貌特征 |
[01:33] | We’ve blanketed the area, | 我们已经搜查了那片地区 |
[01:34] | and moved out through the woods. | 走遍森林 |
[01:38] | Today’s market day. | 今天是赶集日 |
[01:39] | We’re questioning villagers, farmers. | 我们在询问村民 农民 |
[01:42] | Anyone who seems to fit Conde’s description, | 任何长得像康德的人 |
[01:44] | no matter their rank, is held | 不管他们是什么头衔 |
[01:46] | till I can have a look at them. | 都被囚禁起来 好让我去看看 |
[01:48] | We’ll find the traitor, my lord. | 我们会找到叛徒的 陛下 |
[01:55] | It’s a pity we don’t know | 真可惜我们不知道 |
[01:56] | who set that fire at Conde’s townhouse. | 谁烧了康德的别墅 |
[01:59] | Clearly, whoever it was | 显然 那个人 |
[02:00] | wished to erase his proxy wedding with Elizabeth. | 想抹去他跟伊丽莎白的代理婚礼 |
[02:03] | It would be useful to know | 知道康德的朋友 |
[02:04] | who Conde’s friends and enemies are. | 和敌人会有所帮助 |
[02:07] | Yes, it would. | 是的 |
[02:09] | You’re dismissed. | 你可以走了 |
[02:14] | When next we hear of him, | 下次听说他的名字时 |
[02:15] | Conde could be king consort of England. | 康德可能已经成为英格兰女王的国王配偶 |
[02:17] | Conde and Elizabeth together | 康德和伊丽莎白 |
[02:19] | holding a sword pointed directly at France. | 一起持剑刺向法国 |
[02:21] | He’s not ambitious for power. | 他并不觊觎权力 |
[02:23] | He’s just a man in over his head, | 他只是一个力不从心的人 |
[02:25] | his enemies everywhere. | 四处都是他的敌人 |
[02:27] | He’s just looking for a way to survive this. | 他只是在想办法活下去 |
[02:30] | I’m responsible for this mess. | 这是我造成的 |
[02:32] | It isn’t fair for me to even ask, | 我提出这个要求并不公平 |
[02:33] | but if we find Conde… | 但如果我们找到康德 |
[02:38] | let’s allow him to leave the country. | 允许他离开法国吧 |
[02:39] | Banishment is enough. | 放逐就足够了 |
[02:40] | You’re very forgiving of a man who betrayed your heart. | 对于一个背叛了你的男人 你还真宽容 |
[02:44] | Yes, he betrayed me. | 是的 他背叛了我 |
[02:45] | Do you think I don’t feel that? | 你觉得我没感受到吗 |
[02:47] | I ask | 虽然如此 |
[02:48] | despite it– not out of love, | 我还是向你要求 不是因为爱 |
[02:51] | but out of horror for what I have done to his life. | 而是因为我对他的生活造成的伤害 |
[02:53] | You had an affair | 你有私情 |
[02:54] | and I allowed it. | 我允许了 |
[02:56] | We all played our part, | 我们都做好了自己的部分 |
[02:57] | but Conde was the only one | 但是只有康德 |
[02:59] | who wed this nation’s enemy. | 娶了法国的敌人 |
[03:01] | Your enemy. | 你的敌人 |
[03:05] | He has committed treason, | 他犯了叛国罪 |
[03:06] | and the punishment for treason is death. | 叛国罪的惩罚是死刑 |
[03:13] | Please. | 拜托 |
[03:51] | Lady Kenna. | 肯娜小姐 |
[03:52] | General Renaude. | 雷诺德将军 |
[03:54] | Here you are, again, | 又遇见 |
[03:56] | in the flesh. | 你本人了 |
[03:57] | Again? | 又 |
[03:58] | You seem startled to see me. | 见到我你好像吓了一跳 |
[04:00] | No. Why would I be? | 没有 我为什么要吓一跳 |
[04:01] | You’re a frequent visitor to court these days. | 这些天你经常来宫廷 |
[04:04] | King Francis must value | 弗朗西斯国王一定 |
[04:05] | your services greatly. | 很重视你 |
[04:06] | It’s a man’s duty to try and raise his station– | 努力提高地位是男人的职责 |
[04:09] | to better protect those he loves | 为了更好地保护他们爱的人 |
[04:10] | and offer them some… | 让他们 |
[04:12] | comforts in life. | 有所慰藉 |
[04:13] | No, I find it refreshing | 听到一个人如此坦率地 |
[04:15] | for a man speak so frankly about ambition. | 说出自己的野心 我觉得耳目一新 |
[04:17] | Well, I’m always happy to know I’ve pleased a lady. | 知道我取悦了一位小姐总是让我很高兴 |
[04:32] | Ah, Leith, you can help me. | 利思 快来帮我 |
[04:33] | It’s too lovely a day to stay in the castle, | 今天天气太好了 不适合待在城堡里 |
[04:35] | so I’m going to my hatmaker’s | 所以我要去找制帽匠 |
[04:37] | to get my green bonnet trimmed with gold thread. | 拿到装饰金线的绿色帽子 |
[04:41] | Well, why are you standing there like a lump? | 你怎么还呆呆地站在那里 |
[04:42] | Make ready a carriage. | 准备一辆马车吧 |
[04:48] | Amazing. | 真神奇 |
[04:50] | The heaviest hat in all of France. | 法国最沉的帽子 |
[04:54] | You’ve spoken with my mother, haven’t you? | 你跟我母亲谈过了 对吧 |
[04:57] | She told me that the Baron Lyon Desrochers | 她跟我说里昂·德罗谢男爵 |
[05:00] | is staying in town. | 要来城里 |
[05:01] | A very close friend of yours, it seems? | 是你的一位亲密朋友吧 |
[05:04] | Lyon is the lover who imbued me | 里昂是我的情人 让我出名的老练世故 |
[05:05] | with the sophistication that I’m known for today. | 就是他灌输给我的 |
[05:08] | He was my mentor, and I his muse. | 他是我的导师 我是他的女神 |
[05:12] | Lyon and I, we are… | 里昂和我 我们是… |
[05:13] | kindred spirits. | 知心同伴 |
[05:15] | Twin souls. | 情投意合 |
[05:16] | Apparently, your mother doesn’t approve of your twin soul. | 显然 你母亲不赞同你的情投意合 |
[05:18] | She thinks he’s a bad influence on me | 她觉得他对我有不好的影响 |
[05:20] | just because of that incident in Rome. | 就因为罗马的那件事 |
[05:22] | Or maybe it was the party in Dijon. | 也可能是因为第戎的那个聚会 |
[05:24] | Which is ridiculous, | 简直太无理取闹了 |
[05:26] | because everybody found their clothes eventually, | 因为最后大家都找到自己的衣服了 |
[05:28] | and the ambassador agreed not to mention it. | 大使也同意不提这件事 |
[05:29] | I don’t know why she thinks you two should be kept apart. | 我还真是看不出为什么她不让你们俩在一起了 |
[05:32] | She can’t do it, and neither can his family. | 她不同意 他的家族也一样 |
[05:34] | His father tried to push him into a marriage, | 他父亲想强迫他结婚 |
[05:36] | but he got out of it and came straight to me. | 但他没同意 直接来找了我 |
[05:38] | He always said we’d set this country on fire together. | 他总说我们能把这个国家搅得天翻地覆 |
[05:43] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[05:45] | Who’s to see if you bring me to his door? | 要是你带我过去 有谁会知道呢 |
[05:47] | I’ll be so discreet. | 我会很小心的 |
[05:49] | Can’t you do this tiny favor for me? | 你就不能帮我这个小小的忙吗 |
[05:52] | One thing I will never do | 我绝不会 |
[05:54] | is risk getting on Catherine de Medici’s bad side. | 冒险成为凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇的敌人 |
[05:57] | You’d rather get on my bad side? | 那你宁愿成为我的敌人吗 |
[06:00] | A million times, | 无论你问多少次 |
[06:01] | yes. | 我都愿意 |
[06:09] | There’s some highborn widow here. | 有个出身高贵的寡妇来了 |
[06:10] | Says she’s looking for her nephew, | 她说要找侄子 |
[06:12] | – to haul him back home. – Well, send her to me. | -带他回家 -让她来找我 |
[06:15] | We can’t have people walking through, | 我们可不能让人随便走动 |
[06:16] | disturbing the clientele. | 打扰客人 |
[06:20] | Madam, | 夫人 |
[06:21] | I assure you, your neph… | 我向你保证 你的侄… |
[06:26] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想你 |
[06:29] | I wasn’t sure if you’d want to see me. | 我不知道你想不想见我 |
[06:47] | I keep thinking of our fugitive prince. | 我一直在想那个逃犯王子 |
[06:50] | How unflattering. | 真是对我床上功夫的侮辱 |
[06:53] | If you are gonna bring another man into our bed, | 就算你要让别的男人上我们的床 |
[06:55] | must it be Conde? | 非得是康德吗 |
[06:57] | Well, he’s a threat to my family as long as he lives. | 只要他活着就是对我家族的威胁 |
[07:01] | Renaude will find him. | 雷诺德会找到他的 |
[07:03] | His men are turning over every blade of grass. | 他的手下们正在全面搜查 |
[07:08] | But what if Mary interferes | 但要是玛丽用她 |
[07:09] | in that unexpected way that she has? | 意料之外的手段插手干涉呢 |
[07:14] | You could help me here. | 你可以帮我 |
[07:16] | Well, perhaps Mary’s confided in her ladies. | 也许玛丽对她的侍女说了实情 |
[07:19] | You could speak with Lola, | 你可以去问萝拉 |
[07:21] | and see if you can find anything out. | 看看能不能打探出什么 |
[07:24] | Why would I have any special influence over Lola? | 萝拉怎么会对我吐露心声 |
[07:27] | Well, you have spoken with her often. | 你跟她来往很频繁啊 |
[07:29] | Oh, it was a flirtation, nothing more. | 那只是调情而已 |
[07:32] | No? | 真的吗 |
[07:34] | Well, servants’ rumors say, | 仆人都在传 |
[07:37] | impelled by too much wine, | 说萝拉醉酒之后 |
[07:39] | she shamelessly offered herself to you. | 不知羞耻地献身于你 |
[07:42] | Did the rumors add… | 他们有没有说 |
[07:45] | that I turned her down? | 我拒绝了她 |
[07:48] | Yes. | 说了 |
[07:50] | And that uncharacteristic chivalry makes one think. | 而这种不符合你性格的骑士风格让人不禁多想 |
[07:55] | Why should she get such special consideration from a man | 凭什么一个以征服女人出名的男人 |
[07:59] | known for his conquests? | 会对待她特别对待 |
[08:01] | And why are we talking about Lola | 我以为我们在说康德的事 |
[08:03] | when I thought the subject was Conde? | 怎么就扯到萝拉了 |
[08:06] | I-It isn’t worth so much attention. | 那根本没什么 |
[08:08] | She was a passing amusement. | 她只是过眼云烟了 |
[08:11] | Prove it. | 证明给我看 |
[08:14] | How, exactly, would I accomplish this? | 我要怎么证明 |
[08:18] | Do something unforgiveable. | 做件不可原谅的事 |
[08:29] | I understand you hear a lot of news in this place. | 我知道你在这里能听到很多消息 |
[08:31] | Rumors, gossip. | 流言 八卦 |
[08:32] | Of course. | 当然 |
[08:34] | Men come in here, they drink, they boast to their friends, | 男人们来到这 喝酒 对朋友自吹自擂 |
[08:36] | they boast to my girls. | 对姑娘们不停吹嘘 |
[08:38] | Sometimes there’s truth under the boasting. | 有时候吹嘘里也有实话 |
[08:41] | Then I beg of you, listen for me. | 那我求你替我留心 |
[08:44] | Tell me if you hear anything of Conde | 如果你听到康德的消息 |
[08:45] | or rumors of who might have set that fire. | 或是有关放火人的流言 就告诉我 |
[08:49] | Mary, of course I’ll help you. | 玛丽 我当然会帮你 |
[08:52] | Good heavens. | 上帝啊 |
[08:54] | I suppose this means my girls | 这就意味着我的姑娘们 |
[08:55] | are working for the Queen of France. | 在为法国王后效力了 |
[08:57] | I suppose it does. | 是的 |
[08:59] | And I suppose the Queen of France | 而法国的王后 |
[09:01] | should offer a retainer. | 应该先付定金 |
[09:08] | Ah, Leith. | 利思 |
[09:09] | Back for another assignment? | 又来领任务吗 |
[09:10] | I appreciate the initiative. | 真是主动 |
[09:12] | Leave us. And I want ermine trim! | 你们先退下 我要貂皮装饰 |
[09:14] | Don’t try and pawn off cat’s fur on me. | 可别用猫皮糊弄我 |
[09:17] | Actually, I was | 其实 |
[09:20] | wondering about the annulment that we spoke of. | 我是想知道之前提过的婚姻无效的事 |
[09:22] | When might I expect that? | 什么时候能做到 |
[09:25] | My boy, annulments are not cheap. | 孩子 申请婚姻无效可不便宜 |
[09:30] | Yes, but I’ve done as you’ve asked. | 我知道 但我已经做到了你的要求 |
[09:31] | I’ve brought you money. | 我也给了你钱 |
[09:33] | A drop in the bucket, for an annulment. | 那点钱要申请婚姻无效只是九牛一毛 |
[09:35] | You have no idea the hands I have to grease, | 你想象不到我要打点多少人 |
[09:37] | all the way up to the Pope! | 得一直关照到教皇 |
[09:39] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[09:40] | And how many more… assignments | 那我在凑够足够的钱之前 |
[09:42] | must I perform before I’ve brought you enough money? | 还要完成多少任务 |
[09:45] | If you continue to be | 如果你能一直 |
[09:46] | as successful as you’ve begun, not long. | 像开始那样成功完成的话 很快就够了 |
[09:49] | Perhaps a few years. | 大概几年吧 |
[09:51] | Must it take so long? | 一定要那么久吗 |
[09:54] | There might be a way to make it quicker. | 有一个方法可能会快些 |
[09:56] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[09:58] | In the map room of the castle, | 城堡的地图室里 |
[10:01] | there’s a display of heirlooms, | 展示着传家宝 |
[10:04] | amongst which is a jeweled scabbard | 其中有一把镶着珠宝的刀鞘 |
[10:07] | said to have belonged to Charlemagne. | 据说曾是查理曼大帝的遗物 |
[10:09] | As an intimate of the place, | 作为宫廷里的常客 |
[10:10] | you could slip in | 你可以 |
[10:13] | without any trouble. | 轻而易举地溜进去 |
[10:15] | You want me to bring you the scabbard? | 你想让我把刀鞘偷给你吗 |
[10:16] | God’s grace, no. | 上帝啊 不是 |
[10:18] | Me, a receiver of stolen goods? | 我像是收赃物的人吗 |
[10:21] | Take it to a man who disposes of such things– | 把它交给一个处理这类东西的人 |
[10:24] | I will give you his name– | 我会告诉你他的名字 |
[10:26] | and when he pays you, bring me the money. | 等他出钱买下之后 你把钱给我 |
[10:31] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[10:34] | Not the most promising bunch of nobles here today. | 今天来的不是最有前途的贵族啊 |
[10:37] | Am I imagining it, or are men peering at me lately | 是我多想了 还是这些男人最近 |
[10:40] | in the most unseemly way? | 都在以很不得体的眼光看我 |
[10:42] | I thought General Renaude would have returned. | 我以为雷诺德将军已经回来了 |
[10:45] | He’s an intriguing addition to court, don’t you think? | 他给宫廷增加不少乐趣 不是吗 |
[10:48] | Is that why you’re wearing a new dress | 所以你才穿了新裙子 |
[10:50] | and your finest jewels? | 戴上了最好的首饰吗 |
[10:51] | I’ve just been thinking about him constantly. | 我最近一直在想他 |
[10:54] | I even had a dream about him. | 甚至还梦到了他 |
[10:55] | I don’t know what to do about it. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[10:56] | Well, what can you do? | 你能做什么 |
[10:58] | You’re married. | 你结婚了 |
[10:59] | Yes, but Bash believes, as the king’s brother, | 是啊 但巴斯觉得 作为国王的哥哥 |
[11:01] | he could be granted an annulment. | 废除婚姻应该不费劲 |
[11:03] | We were wed under duress, we have no children. | 我们是被强迫结婚 没有孩子 |
[11:06] | Really, the door is wide open for me to find another. | 说真的 我太有资格另寻姻缘了 |
[11:09] | Oh, Kenna, please give it careful thought. | 肯娜 请慎重考虑 |
[11:11] | You don’t have a lot of experience with this sort of thing. | 在这方面 你可没什么经验 |
[11:13] | With men? | 男人方面 |
[11:15] | I believe I have sufficient experience, thank you. | 我觉得我经验很丰富 谢谢提醒 |
[11:17] | No, I mean, experience making your own choices. | 不 我是说 自己做决定 |
[11:20] | I make my own choices every day. | 我每天都做决定啊 |
[11:22] | I don’t mean the little things, | 我说的不是小事 |
[11:23] | like what dress to wear. | 不是挑裙子 |
[11:25] | But do you realize | 你没意识到 |
[11:26] | that every relationship you’ve had has been chosen for you? | 你的每段感情都是不由自主的吗 |
[11:30] | Henry essentially claimed you, | 亨利点名索要了你 |
[11:32] | your marriage to Bash was forced, | 你被迫与巴斯成婚 |
[11:33] | Antoine set his sights on you. | 安托万一直垂涎于你 |
[11:36] | I do see your point. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[11:39] | All right, that’s quite enough. | 好了 我受够了 |
[11:44] | What’s going on here? | 你们在干什么 |
[11:45] | Nothing, my lady. | 没什么 小姐 |
[11:46] | But you seem agitated. | 但你看起来有点焦虑不安啊 |
[11:50] | Perhaps your servant should draw you a relaxing bath. | 让你的仆人伺候你沐浴 帮你放松吧 |
[11:53] | What is that? | 你手里是什么 |
[12:03] | Did you see her face? | 看到她的表情了吗 |
[12:04] | Or was it not her face you were looking at? | 还是你根本没工夫盯着人家的脸 |
[12:09] | This was left at the gate for you. | 在城堡门口收到的 给您的 |
[12:18] | May I have a moment? | 能说两句吗 |
[12:23] | I’ve considered what you asked of me, | 我考虑了你的请求 |
[12:25] | to allow Conde to escape rather than execute him for treason. | 你说以叛国罪处决康德 不如放他逃跑 |
[12:28] | Yes? | 然后呢 |
[12:29] | I’ve thought it over seriously, and I promise | 我仔细考虑过了 |
[12:31] | this has nothing to do with my feelings toward him. | 我保证这跟我的私人恩怨无关 |
[12:36] | If the marriage didn’t take, | 如果代理婚礼不成功 |
[12:37] | Conde could be running to Elizabeth to marry her right now. | 康德可能会立马投奔伊丽莎白 跟她结婚 |
[12:41] | And I cannot allow a prince with a claim to the French throne | 我不能允许一位觊觎法国王位的王子 |
[12:44] | go free and marry a powerful foreign monarch, | 与别国的女王联姻 |
[12:47] | let alone our enemy. | 更不用说我们的敌人 |
[12:49] | I cannot allow him to live. | 我不能留他的活路 |
[12:55] | You understand, don’t you? | 你能理解我吧 |
[12:56] | This is a matter of this nation’s security. | 这关乎国家安全 |
[13:04] | I understand your reasons. | 我理解你 |
[13:08] | I am sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:11] | Truly. | 真的 |
[13:14] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[13:16] | Nothing. Just an invitation. | 没什么 一封邀请函而已 |
[13:45] | What have you done? | 你都做了什么 |
[13:46] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[13:48] | Sorry to my soul for the pain you must feel, | 对你所承受的痛苦 我真心抱歉 |
[13:50] | but I swear I didn’t do this to harm you. | 但我绝不是想故意伤害你 |
[13:52] | I know you felt forced to marry Elizabeth, but… | 我知道你与伊丽莎白的婚事让你不情愿 但… |
[13:54] | But I’m not married. | 但我没跟她结婚 |
[13:56] | Every trace of proof is gone, and her envoy abandoned me. | 所有婚证都没有了 她的大使也弃我而去 |
[14:00] | I’m just trying to escape, to survive, | 我只是想逃离保命 |
[14:01] | but the truth is there’s no way out. | 可真的无路可逃 |
[14:03] | Not when you’ve committed treason. | 谁让你犯下了叛国罪 |
[14:05] | My treason was in loving you. | 我的罪因是爱上了你 |
[14:08] | They would have killed me, | 他们总会杀了我的 |
[14:08] | Francis or someone close to him. | 不管是弗朗西斯还是他的亲信 |
[14:10] | They’d have found a way. | 他们总有办法 |
[14:11] | – Louis… – It’s over for me. | -路易斯 -我死路一条了 |
[14:14] | That’s why I risked coming to you, | 所以我冒死来见你 |
[14:15] | even if you had troops waiting. | 尽管你有士兵守护 |
[14:17] | At least I could ask for your forgiveness before I died. | 起码死前 我能请求你的原谅 |
[14:21] | To tell you that my heart is still yours, | 告诉你 我依然爱你 |
[14:23] | despite what I’ve done. | 不管我之前做了什么 |
[14:25] | No, you can’t give up hope just yet. | 不行 你现在不能放弃 |
[14:28] | Can’t you find refuge with your brother in Navarre? | 你不能去纳瓦拉的哥哥那里避难吗 |
[14:30] | There’s men looking all over the countryside for me. | 全国上下都是搜寻我的人 |
[14:32] | Francis will never let me get away. | 弗朗西斯不会让我逃走的 |
[14:36] | He won’t even know you slipped through his fingers. | 我有办法让你逃开他的追捕 |
[14:39] | Let me think. | 让我想想 |
[14:44] | Listen, there is a tanner in the village, | 听着 镇上有一位制革的工匠 |
[14:46] | he provides clothing for the court servants. | 他给宫里的仆人们做制服 |
[14:48] | I know that he is taking a wagonload of skins | 他会运一车的兽皮到里尔 |
[14:50] | to Lille to be made into coats. | 做衣服用的 |
[14:52] | I can create safe-conduct papers | 我可以签发安全通行证 |
[14:54] | that say that you are that tanner. | 证明你就是那名工匠 |
[14:56] | They certainly wouldn’t be expecting the prince of Conde | 他们一定想不到 堂堂康德王子 |
[14:58] | to be hauling a load of animal skins. | 会赶着马车运兽皮 |
[15:00] | The men who are searching for you only have your description. | 搜寻你的人只知道你的大致描述 |
[15:02] | You don’t even have a portrait at court. | 连你的肖像也没见过 |
[15:05] | But Renaude has seen you here. | 但雷诺德见过你 |
[15:07] | Your greatest risk will be running into him. | 你最大的危险就是被他撞见 |
[15:10] | Still, there are three checkpoints, | 但 路上一共三个关卡 |
[15:12] | and he can only be at one at a time. | 他只会在其中一处 |
[15:14] | I’ll have to take that chance. | 我得碰碰运气了 |
[15:16] | I’ll leave the papers and instructions under these rocks. | 我会把通行证和路途指示放在石头下面 |
[15:19] | We can’t risk meeting again. | 我们不能再冒险碰面了 |
[15:22] | For the rest of our lives. | 今生都不能了 |
[15:25] | I hope that yours is a long one. | 我希望你能活下去 |
[15:34] | Go. | 走吧 |
[15:36] | Live. | 活下去 |
[15:49] | I could pay you to bring me to Lyon. | 你带我去见里昂 我就给你钱 |
[15:51] | I’m sure you could, you’re a princess. | 我知道你有钱 你是公主 |
[15:53] | And you’re a nobody. | 而你是无名小卒 |
[15:55] | How much do nobodies make? | 你们无名小卒都赚多少 |
[15:57] | I can top it. | 我给的会更高 |
[15:58] | To make it worth my while? | 会让我觉得很划算吗 |
[16:00] | How about 50,000 livre? | 五万里弗怎么样 |
[16:03] | Is that all? | 这些就够了吗 |
[16:04] | Why not take my diamond earrings? They’re worth 60. | 那你拿走我的钻戒不就好了 值六万呢 |
[16:07] | Seriously, what will it take? | 说正经的 到底要多少 |
[16:09] | My lady, I would love to stay chatting with you all day, | 殿下 我很愿意跟您聊一整天 |
[16:11] | but I have other duties. | 但我还有其他任务 |
[16:13] | Your mother’s going out later, | 您母亲马上准备出宫 |
[16:14] | and she told me to ready the gold carriage | 她要我把金马车备好 |
[16:16] | and to make sure there is sufficient escorts | 还要召集足够多的护卫 |
[16:18] | for safety on the road. | 为她保驾 |
[16:20] | Majesty. | 告退 |
[16:41] | Well, this is interesting. | 这倒有意思了 |
[16:44] | Princess. | 公主 |
[16:45] | I was, uh, taking this | 我… 我正… |
[16:46] | – to be cleaned and… – Don’t bother. | -准备擦拭这个… -别装了 |
[16:48] | Nobody asks castle guards to see to the cleaning. | 城堡守卫才不负责清洁器具 |
[16:52] | And besides, you’ve already lied once. | 再说了 你已经撒过一次谎了 |
[16:54] | Lied? | 撒谎 |
[16:55] | My mother wouldn’t step foot in the gold carriage. | 我母亲从来不乘金马车 |
[16:58] | She knows the color reflects terribly on her skin. | 她知道金色衬得她肤色很难看 |
[17:02] | So I became curious as to what you were really up to. | 所以你一说 我就很好奇你到底要干嘛 |
[17:06] | Stealing from my family. | 原来是要偷皇家的东西啊 |
[17:09] | It’s my duty to turn you in, you know. | 我理应告发你 |
[17:12] | Maybe you’ll just lose a hand. | 可能你会被砍掉一只手 |
[17:14] | Though more likely, we being the royal family and all… | 但更有可能 因为我们是皇家嘛… |
[17:19] | …you’ll be hanged. | 你会被绞死 |
[17:21] | Claude, please. | 克劳德 求你 |
[17:22] | Or we could come to an understanding. | 或者呢 我们达成共识 |
[17:28] | Your new duties will include escorting me | 你护送我出去 |
[17:29] | to town to see whomever I like | 见我想见的人 |
[17:32] | and covering for me with my mother. | 并且替我向我母亲隐瞒 |
[17:41] | A sketch of me in the bath, naked, graphically detailed. | 我的入浴素描 裸着 分毫毕现 |
[17:47] | I don’t know which is more disturbing, | 我不知道哪一点更让我讨厌 |
[17:48] | the fact that you created it | 作者是你 |
[17:49] | or the fact that you allowed it into the hands of other nobles. | 或者你让别的贵族看到这幅画 |
[17:52] | The likeness is impressive. | 画得惟妙惟肖 |
[17:54] | Oh, stop admiring your own work. | 别自卖自夸了 |
[17:56] | Did you really think I’d forget | 你真以为我会忘了 |
[17:57] | that I took a bath in front of you? | 我在你面前洗过澡吗 |
[17:58] | Well, that depends. | 这可说不准 |
[17:59] | I don’t know who else you’ve bathed in front of. | 我又不知道你还在谁面前洗过澡 |
[18:02] | Am I the only one, for example, | 也不知道是不是只有我知道 |
[18:04] | who knows that you have a charming little mole just here? | 你这里 有颗可爱迷人的痣 |
[18:09] | Very well, yes. | 好吧 没错 |
[18:11] | I made the sketch. | 是我画的 |
[18:12] | For my private edification. | 自己观赏 |
[18:16] | But then I made a large wager with Lord Travers. | 但后来我和特拉弗斯大人打了个赌 |
[18:20] | He bet that his paramour was the most beautiful woman in court. | 他打赌他的情妇是宫廷里最美的女人 |
[18:23] | I felt otherwise, so offered your picture | 我可不同意 所以我就拿出了你的肖像画 |
[18:27] | for the various nobles to vote on the question. | 让贵族们投票表决 |
[18:31] | Sadly, though your beauty is sublime, | 可惜啊 尽管你美艳超群 |
[18:35] | I lost the bet. | 我还是输了 |
[18:39] | You do realize that all the men at court now believe | 你知道吧 现在宫廷里所有男人 |
[18:41] | I shared your bed. | 都认为我和你上床了 |
[18:42] | All we did was talk. | 我们只是聊天而已 |
[18:44] | You were naked at the time, | 你那时的确是裸着的 |
[18:45] | but, uh, I do see your point. | 但是 我知道你想说什么 |
[18:49] | You told me to protect my reputation, | 你告诉我要保护自己的名声 |
[18:51] | and now you’ve hurled it in the mud. | 结果你却将它弃之于地 |
[18:53] | You said you cared about me, and now you… | 你说过你在乎我 但现在你… |
[18:55] | I say a great many things. | 我说过很多很多话 |
[18:59] | The mistake was yours in trusting me. | 错的是你 你不该信我 |
[19:04] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么这么做 |
[19:06] | You’re not the kind of person | 你并不是那种 |
[19:07] | to hurt someone just for money. | 为钱伤人的人 |
[19:09] | I took advantage of the sufferings of others | 我从他人的苦痛中获益 |
[19:12] | to build my holdings. | 牟取钱财 |
[19:13] | I blackmailed the king, I threatened the safety | 我威胁国王 以他所爱之人的安全 |
[19:16] | of everyone he loved, including you. | 作为筹码 包括你 |
[19:18] | A few people, I had kidnapped. | 还绑架了一些人 |
[19:21] | You have shown me that there is another side to you. | 你向我展现过你的另一面 |
[19:23] | Which gave you the assurance you needed | 那样才能让你放下防备 |
[19:25] | to take a bath in front of me, | 在我面前安然入浴 |
[19:28] | revealing all the sides there are to you. | 对我完全展开心扉 |
[19:31] | Do you think, because we shared a few nice moments, | 难道你觉得 就因为我们共度了美好时光 |
[19:35] | that you saw some good in me | 你就看到了他人所不曾见过的 |
[19:36] | that no one else had ever seen before? | 我善良的一面吗 |
[19:39] | I can see quite clearly the man before me now. | 我能够看清现在站在我面前的男人 |
[19:57] | I’m taking these skins to the tannery at Lille. | 我要运这些毛皮去里尔的制革厂 |
[20:02] | I hope you understand, my lord. | 希望您能理解 大人 |
[20:03] | My men have orders to hold | 我的人得到的命令是 |
[20:05] | anyone who seems to fit the description. | 要逮捕所有符合描述的人 |
[20:07] | I hardly think your fugitive, | 我认为无论你们要找的罪人是谁 |
[20:09] | whoever he is, resembles a man of noble blood. | 他都不可能显露出贵族的样子 |
[20:12] | King Francis will hear of this. | 弗朗西斯国王会知晓的 |
[20:14] | Be on the way to your tannery, then. | 继续上路到制革厂去吧 |
[20:19] | You’re the first tanner I’ve ever met | 手这么干净的制革工 |
[20:21] | who didn’t have stained hands. | 我还是第一次见 |
[20:25] | Prince Louis of Conde. | 康德-路易斯王子 |
[20:31] | Wait out here. | 在外边等着 |
[20:32] | Try not to steal anything. | 别再偷东西了 |
[20:41] | At last you’re here. | 你终于来了 |
[20:55] | I’m going to tell Mary that Conde has been captured. | 我要去告诉玛丽康德被抓住了 |
[20:58] | And that you’ve given your approval | 还有你已经同意 |
[20:59] | for his immediate execution? | 将他立即处决 |
[21:01] | Yes. I’d rather she heard it from me. | 对 她从我这里听说消息会更好 |
[21:04] | I understand that you want to be gentle | 你想尽量温和地告诉她这个消息 |
[21:06] | in delivering the news, but it won’t matter. | 我理解 但这其实并不重要 |
[21:08] | There is no way to lessen this blow. | 根本不会减少对她的打击 |
[21:29] | Aren’t you going to tell her? | 你不是要去告诉她吗 |
[21:32] | She already knows. | 她已经知道了 |
[21:43] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想你 |
[21:45] | And I you. | 我也是 |
[21:47] | We have so much catching up to do. | 我们有好多事都没有做 |
[21:49] | Tomorrow, I’ll have my man Leith take us to a place I know | 明天我让我的仆人利思带我们去个地方 |
[21:51] | that’s perfect for ice-skating. | 很适合滑冰 |
[21:53] | Then when we finish, | 玩过之后 |
[21:54] | I’ll let you warm me up in the carriage. | 你可以在马车里温暖我 |
[21:56] | Wouldn’t I love that? | 我很想去 |
[21:58] | But I’m only passing through. | 但我只是路过 |
[22:01] | I have an engagement in Paris. | 要在巴黎办个事 |
[22:03] | Cancel it. | 别办了 |
[22:05] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[22:06] | Well, how soon will you be back? | 你什么时候回来 |
[22:08] | I wanted you here to help welcome Mother. | 我想带你见母亲 |
[22:09] | I know we can win her approval. | 我们能赢得她的同意 |
[22:11] | Approval for what? | 同意什么 |
[22:13] | To be together, of course. | 当然是同意我们在一起啊 |
[22:15] | I can’t wait to get you out of this dreary inn | 我都等不及要带你离开这个沉闷的客栈 |
[22:17] | and into a suite at court. | 搬去宫廷里的寝殿了 |
[22:18] | Near mine. | 就住我旁边吧 |
[22:21] | It’ll be wonderful. | 那样肯定很棒 |
[22:23] | The truth is I haven’t got a lot of friends at the castle. | 我在城堡里没什么朋友 |
[22:26] | It’s lonely. | 很寂寞 |
[22:30] | My Claude… | 我的克劳德… |
[22:32] | lonely? | 会寂寞吗 |
[22:34] | I am sure you have a horde of gentlemen | 你身后肯定跟着 |
[22:37] | following you about. | 一群贵族呢 |
[22:39] | And I’d love to be one of them, | 我很乐意变成其中之一 |
[22:41] | if I had more time. | 如果我时间足够的话 |
[22:45] | I should be on my way if I want to ride out before nightfall. | 如果我要在晚上之前出城现在该出发了 |
[23:01] | Have you come to kill me? | 你们是来杀我的吗 |
[23:15] | Lord Akers? | 埃克斯伯爵 |
[23:16] | Elizabeth sent us to look out for you. | 伊丽莎白派我们来保护你 |
[23:19] | My lord, the French! | 大人 法国人来了 |
[23:23] | Mount up! Away! | 上马 我们走 |
[23:44] | Walk the horses. | 让马慢下来 |
[23:45] | It’ll make less noise. | 这样声音小点儿 |
[23:47] | We’ll take him to the safe house. | 我们带他去藏身处 |
[23:49] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么回事 |
[23:50] | You abandon me, you rescue me, | 你丢下我 又回来救我 |
[23:51] | you’re speaking of a safe house? | 还有什么藏身处 |
[23:53] | When I crossed the channel, | 度过海峡 |
[23:54] | I found Her Majesty waiting at Dover | 我发现女王陛下在多佛港等待 |
[23:55] | to escort her new husband | 想要护送她的新丈夫 |
[23:57] | and give you good inspection, I have no doubt. | 也想好好看看你 必是如此 |
[23:59] | When I told her of the fire, | 我和她说了火灾的事 |
[24:00] | she sent me back on the very same ship. | 她立马就命令我返航 |
[24:02] | We’ve had men watching at every checkpoint for you. | 我们派人在每个关卡寻找你 |
[24:04] | You mean she still wants the marriage? | 你是说她还想结婚吗 |
[24:06] | She needs to marry even more. | 比以往更为迫切 |
[24:07] | By murdering the proxy, Elizabeth’s enemies in England | 成功谋杀了代理人 伊丽莎白在英格兰的敌人 |
[24:10] | have shown their boldness. | 变得更加大胆 |
[24:11] | They’re trying to tumble her from the throne. | 他们想推翻她的统治 |
[24:13] | She needs to secure her position. | 她需要巩固自己的地位 |
[24:15] | Then why is she still interested in wedding a mere prince? | 那她为什么还想嫁给区区一个王子呢 |
[24:17] | She’s not. | 当然不 |
[24:18] | No more dukes and princes for her. | 不再考虑公爵和王子了 |
[24:20] | She’s determined to wed a king. | 她决心嫁给国王 |
[24:22] | I see. | 我明白 |
[24:23] | Someone who can join his kingdom and power to hers, | 一个能带着国家和权力与她相结合的人 |
[24:25] | the perfect strategy. | 完美的策略 |
[24:27] | Yes. | 没错 |
[24:28] | So I’ve been sent to inform you | 所以她派我来告诉你 |
[24:30] | that Her Majesty still rejoices in the idea of marrying you, | 女王陛下仍想与你结合 |
[24:33] | and she’s ready to give you her backing, | 并且给予你她的支持 |
[24:35] | if you take the throne of France. | 前提是你要夺取法国王位 |
[24:48] | Princess. | 属下告退 |
[24:49] | Did I say you could leave? | 我准你走了吗 |
[24:50] | It’s late; my shift is over. | 很晚了 时间到了 |
[24:52] | – I’ll see you tomorrow. – But I need you tonight. | -明天见 -但我今晚需要你 |
[24:54] | Your first duty is to me, remember? | 你要以我为先 记得吗 |
[24:57] | Right now, I’m hungry. | 现在我饿了 |
[25:00] | Bring me a bottle of Bordeaux | 给我拿一瓶波尔多葡萄酒 |
[25:02] | and bread with fresh butter, | 涂着新鲜黄油的面包 |
[25:03] | and wait in case I require anything else. | 然后等着 看我有没有别的需要 |
[25:05] | The servants can help you. | 仆人可以帮你 |
[25:07] | I have somewhere to be. | 我有要去的地方 |
[25:08] | Where? | 哪里 |
[25:09] | What could possibly be more important | 哪里比我这里 |
[25:11] | than your duty to me? | 还更重要 |
[25:13] | It’s her, isn’t it? | 是她 对吧 |
[25:15] | Your madam girlfriend. | 你的侍女女友 |
[25:17] | I was planning on seeing her, yes. | 我打算去见她 没错 |
[25:19] | You just can’t stand to be away from her, can you? | 你就是离不开她 是吧 |
[25:22] | It’s been all of ten hours, | 已经十个小时了 |
[25:23] | and you have to get back to her side. | 你必须回到她身边去 |
[25:25] | I like being with her, that’s all. | 我喜欢和她在一起 仅此而已 |
[25:27] | Clearly you’re not up to handling both the needs | 显然你无法两者皆满足 |
[25:29] | of your personal life and my demands. | 你的私生活和我的需求 |
[25:31] | She’s distracting you. | 她让你分心 |
[25:33] | I won’t stand for it. | 我不能忍受这一点 |
[25:35] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[25:37] | End your relationship with that woman. | 和那个女人结束关系 |
[25:42] | Do you have to hurt | 你自己受伤了 |
[25:43] | everyone else because you’re hurting? | 就要伤害别人吗 |
[25:45] | Must we all be as miserable as you? | 难道别人都必须和你一起痛苦吗 |
[25:47] | Yes! And I’m a princess, | 是 而且我是个公主 |
[25:50] | while you’re nothing more than a thief | 你什么也不是 只是个贼 |
[25:51] | whose life I now control. | 我能控制你的生活 |
[25:53] | Do as I say. | 照我说的做 |
[25:54] | Break things off with her. | 和她断了 |
[25:55] | No. I love Greer. | 不 我爱葛瑞尔 |
[25:58] | Love? | 爱 |
[25:59] | Love is just a word men use to enchant women. | 爱这个字只是男人勾引女人用的 |
[26:01] | – It’s a game. – A game? | -只是游戏罢了 -游戏 |
[26:04] | A game is you telling me to break a woman’s heart | 你只是因为心情不好就让我去 |
[26:06] | simply because you’re feeling out of sorts. | 伤一个女人的心 这才是游戏 |
[26:08] | I won’t do it. | 我不会这么做的 |
[26:09] | How gallant, risking death | 真勇敢啊 命都不要了 |
[26:11] | to protect your brothel keeper’s feelings. | 一心保护你家老鸨的感情 |
[26:13] | Why do you think I tried to take that scabbard? | 你觉得我为什么要偷那把刀鞘 |
[26:17] | To buy her an annulment so that we could be married. | 就是为了花钱废除她的婚姻 和她结婚 |
[26:19] | Only, it cost a fortune, more than I’ll ever have. | 只不过所需要的钱太多 我付不起 |
[26:23] | But I will do whatever it takes | 但我会倾尽所有 |
[26:24] | to hold her in my arms and call her my wife. | 拥她在怀 娶她为妻 |
[26:32] | I know you’ve had a disappointment. | 我知道你失恋了 |
[26:35] | But you’re so young. | 但你还年轻 |
[26:38] | Think of all the time you have to meet your true love. | 你还有很多时间去寻找真爱 |
[26:43] | And when you do, | 当你找到的时候 |
[26:45] | be careful of your temper. | 请控制你的脾气 |
[26:48] | It’s so easy to drive love away. | 否则会把你的真爱吓跑的 |
[26:51] | Lectures bore me. | 我讨厌说教 |
[26:57] | Here. | 给你 |
[26:58] | Take care of your personal problems; | 解决你的私人问题去吧 |
[26:59] | I’m tired of all of this. | 我厌烦所有这一切 |
[27:01] | I don’t want to hear her name mentioned again. | 我不想再听到她的名字 |
[27:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:25] | I hear you are quite the artist. | 听说你画工了得啊 |
[27:30] | Lola will never speak to me again. | 萝拉再也不会和我说话了 |
[27:32] | Good. | 很好 |
[27:33] | I’m sorry, my dear, | 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[27:36] | but you needed to be tested. | 但我必须试试你 |
[27:38] | As Queen Mother, I’m privy to very sensitive information, | 作为太后 我会知道很多敏感信息 |
[27:43] | state secrets that could jeopardize the safety of France. | 那些有可能危害法国的秘密 |
[27:48] | To be in my inner circle, | 要进入我的核心圈子 |
[27:50] | I need to be able to trust you. | 必须先取得我的信任 |
[27:53] | Now I know I can. | 现在我信任你了 |
[27:56] | Should I pretend to believe all that nonsense? | 我该装作相信这些胡话吗 |
[28:00] | You needed to do this | 你这么做只是因为 |
[28:01] | because your husband bedded every woman he liked | 结婚后 你的丈夫把他喜欢的任何女人 |
[28:04] | throughout your marriage, | 都拐上床了 |
[28:05] | and you came out of it believing that you were unlovable, | 你觉得是你自己不招人喜欢 |
[28:07] | so you used power to make me true. | 所以动用权力证明我的真心 |
[28:11] | Don’t flatter yourself. | 别自作多情了 |
[28:12] | It’s not your love that I seek, | 我要的不是你的爱 |
[28:14] | but your allegiance. | 是你的忠诚 |
[28:15] | You have that. | 你已经拥有了 |
[28:17] | But, as a friend, I warn you, | 但 作为一个朋友 我奉劝你 |
[28:21] | beware. | 小心 |
[28:23] | Of you? | 小心你吗 |
[28:24] | Of yourself. | 小心你自己 |
[28:26] | Don’t be the first to destroy something | 别因为不相信某样东西是真的 |
[28:28] | just because you don’t trust that it’s real. | 就毁了它 |
[28:31] | Give up this idea that nobody can know you | 别再觉得没人能够了解你 |
[28:35] | and still love you. | 能够爱你 |
[28:45] | I see you’re leaving us. | 你要走了 |
[28:47] | I’m sorry, and thank you for your help, | 抱歉 谢谢你的帮助 |
[28:49] | but this… this is madness. | 但… 这太疯狂了 |
[28:51] | No, it’s the perfect moment. | 不 现在时机正好 |
[28:54] | France is vulnerable with troops away in Scotland. | 军队远在苏格兰 法国现在正脆弱 |
[28:56] | French Protestants will rally behind you. | 法国新教徒会支持你 |
[28:59] | Catholics will not. | 天主教徒不会 |
[29:01] | When Francis dies, your claim to the throne | 弗朗西斯一死 你夺取王位 |
[29:03] | will make you far more attractive than Charles. | 你总比查尔斯来得更有说服力 |
[29:05] | Having a mere boy as King will make France seem vulnerable. | 让一个小孩当国王只会让法国更脆弱 |
[29:09] | Even many Catholics despise the idea | 就算是天主教徒也不想让 |
[29:10] | of Catherine de Medici as regent. | 凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇摄政 |
[29:13] | Not to mention, you have | 更不用说 |
[29:14] | your own army to back your claim. | 你有自己军队的支持 |
[29:16] | In Conde. | 他们远在康德 |
[29:17] | We can arrange to bring your men to you. | 我们可以想办法把你的人带过来 |
[29:20] | Add to that the might and power of England at your back. | 再加上你背后有强大的英格兰的支持 |
[29:23] | This is how dynasties are born, | 新王朝就是这样诞生的 |
[29:27] | by taking what someone else has | 在一个人力量最弱的时候 |
[29:28] | when that person is at their weakest, | 夺取他拥有的东西 |
[29:30] | as Francis is now. | 弗朗西斯现在势单力薄 |
[29:32] | The Bourbon dynasty. | 波旁王朝也一样 |
[29:36] | But if you believe you are better off running away, | 但如果你觉得逃跑对你更有利 |
[29:40] | then good luck to you. | 那我只能祝你好运了 |
[29:45] | You captured him, and then you lost him. | 你抓住了他 又让他跑了 |
[29:49] | Did it occur to you to leave him under guard? | 难道你没想到安排侍卫看守他吗 |
[29:51] | I did, my lord. | 我安排了 陛下 |
[29:53] | You gave me no warning | 但你没有提前警告我 |
[29:55] | that he might have outside help. | 他可能会有外援 |
[29:57] | My men at the checkpoint were massacred. | 我安排在关卡的手下被杀害了 |
[30:01] | But he had help even before that, my lord. | 但在那之前就有人帮他 殿下 |
[30:03] | He had official papers, | 他有官方文书 |
[30:06] | an identity to step into. | 一份让其自由出入的身份文件 |
[30:08] | French papers? | 法国文书吗 |
[30:09] | Yes, Your Majesty. | 是的 陛下 |
[30:13] | You may go. | 你可以退下了 |
[30:20] | After all of this, | 发生了这样的事 |
[30:23] | could Mary still be helping him? | 难道玛丽还在帮他 |
[30:25] | Yes. | 没错 |
[30:26] | Out of guilt or affection, even though he’s lost to her. | 出于内疚或爱情 即使她已经失去了他 |
[30:31] | Has she no idea what she risks?! | 难道她不知道她冒着怎样的风险吗 |
[30:34] | Your forgiveness, your protection, your mercy… | 她可能会失去你的宽容 你的保护和怜悯 |
[30:39] | forever. | 永远失去 |
[30:47] | General, it bodes well for you | 将军 这么快就能面见国王 |
[30:49] | that you’re having an audience with our king again so soon. | 看来你的前途一片光明啊 |
[30:51] | In fact, His Majesty wasn’t too pleased today. | 实际上 陛下今天心情不太好 |
[30:53] | We suffered a setback he did not appreciate. | 我们刚遭遇了挫折 他对此不太高兴 |
[30:56] | You don’t seem too concerned by the king’s displeasure with you. | 但对于国王的不满 你似乎并不困扰 |
[30:59] | Well, with the state of France as it is, | 法国现在处于这个状况 |
[31:01] | the king needs me around now more than I need him. | 相比较而言 国王更需要我 |
[31:04] | General, would you like to escort me | 将军 你可以陪我 |
[31:06] | on a walk through the garden? | 到公园里走走吗 |
[31:07] | A little brisk air would be refreshing. | 清新的空气可以使人神清气爽 |
[31:09] | I’m afraid I must prepare for my departure tomorrow. | 恐怕我还得为我明天的出行做准备 |
[31:12] | We’re expanding the search for the fugitive, | 我们在扩大搜索范围搜查犯人 |
[31:14] | and I’ll be making a trip to Amiens, as well, | 而且 我马上就要启程去亚眠 |
[31:17] | to meet a potential bride. | 去见一位准新娘 |
[31:19] | A-a bride? To marry? | 新娘 你要结婚了 |
[31:22] | Her father only recently | 她父亲最近才联系我 |
[31:24] | contacted me wishing to arrange a marriage contract, | 希望把他女儿嫁给我 |
[31:26] | but I insisted on an introduction first. | 但我坚持先见个面 |
[31:29] | Of course. | 那是当然 |
[31:29] | You want to make sure this bride suits you. | 你得确保这位新娘配得上你 |
[31:31] | It’s for her sake, as well. | 这也是为她好 |
[31:33] | A father may bestow his daughter as he chooses, | 一位父亲想怎样把女儿嫁出去无所谓 |
[31:36] | but I would never wed unless I heard | 但是我得亲耳听到 |
[31:38] | from a woman’s own lips that she desired me. | 她说愿意嫁给我 才能娶她 |
[31:43] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[31:44] | I should go. | 我得走了 |
[31:46] | Prepare for the journey. | 要为出行做准备 |
[31:53] | How could you do it? | 你怎么能那么做 |
[31:55] | – Do you deny helping Conde behind my back? – No. | -你敢否认背着我帮了康德吗 -我不否认 |
[31:59] | Mary, I… | 玛丽 我… |
[32:01] | Where is he now? | 他现在在哪儿 |
[32:02] | Now? | 现在 |
[32:03] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[32:04] | He was captured by General Renaude’s men. | 他不是被雷诺德将军的手下抓住了吗 |
[32:06] | He was rescued. | 有人救了他 |
[32:11] | I didn’t know. | 这我不知情 |
[32:12] | Do you realize that by helping Conde escape, | 你难道没有想过帮助康德逃跑 |
[32:15] | Elizabeth could have a foothold in France? | 伊丽莎白就可能在法国拥有一个据点 |
[32:16] | And she could not. These are all abstract future possibilities. | 不会的 这些只是虚无缥缈的可能性而已 |
[32:20] | A man’s life was at stake. | 而康德的性命却危在旦夕 |
[32:21] | No. A lot of lives. | 不 现在很多人都危在旦夕 |
[32:24] | Conde’s army is loyal to him personally. | 康德的军队忠于他个人 |
[32:26] | If he becomes king consort of England, | 若他成了英格兰国王的配偶 |
[32:28] | we will essentially have an enemy army on our soil. | 在我们自己的国土上 就潜伏着一支敌军 |
[32:31] | Mary, this is the most dangerous thing you have ever done. | 玛丽 这是你做过的最危险的事了 |
[32:35] | Do you really love him that much? | 你真的那么爱他吗 |
[32:38] | I thought that this was about your healing, | 我原以为那只是为了治愈你的心伤 |
[32:41] | but now you’ve done what a queen must never do: | 但你现在却做了王后永不该做的事情 |
[32:42] | you’ve put the personal above the political, | 你把个人感情置于政治考虑之上 |
[32:44] | his safety above the nation’s. | 把他的安危置于国家安危之上 |
[32:48] | Whatever happens to him, it’s over. | 不管他怎么样了 都和我没关系了 |
[32:51] | I will never see him again. | 我再也不会见他 |
[32:55] | You say that as if somehow I’ve won. | 你这么说好像我赢了似的 |
[33:00] | But how can it be over | 但他已深埋你心 |
[33:01] | when he’s so ingrained in your heart? | 这样又怎么能算已经结束 |
[33:04] | You will always see him just as I will always see you: | 你看待他 就会像我看待你一样 |
[33:08] | naked in each other’s arms. | 永远都是赤裸地躺在对方怀里的样子 |
[33:32] | It’s good to see you, too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[33:35] | I got you something. | 我有东西给你 |
[33:43] | Leith, that’s a fortune. | 利思 这可是一大笔钱 |
[33:45] | That’s your annulment. | 这可以用来废除你的婚姻 |
[33:47] | Now we can pay for it. | 现在我们付得起了 |
[33:53] | It’s unbelievable. | 简直难以置信 |
[34:02] | Greer… | 葛瑞尔 |
[34:04] | …will you be my wife? | 你愿意做我的妻子吗 |
[34:11] | If… | 如果 |
[34:14] | if we get married, what will our lives be? | 如果我们结婚了 我们的生活会是什么样 |
[34:21] | What we’ve dreamed of. | 就是我们梦想中的样子 |
[34:23] | We can get a little house in town, | 我们可以在镇里买个小房子 |
[34:26] | we can start a family. | 然后生孩子 |
[34:28] | I have a reasonable salary at court, | 我在宫廷里有一份工资不错的职位 |
[34:30] | and in time I’ll get a better appointment and then… | 不久我应该会升职 然后… |
[34:32] | What if you… don’t? | 如果你没有呢 |
[34:35] | What if you lose the post you have now? | 如果你失去了你现在的职位呢 |
[34:38] | That’s not likely… | 那不太可能 |
[34:40] | Look at how quickly your manor house was taken away. | 想想你的庄园很快就会被夺走 |
[34:43] | How quickly I was thrown out of the castle | 在政治需要的时候 |
[34:44] | when it was politically expedient. | 我很快就会被赶出城堡 |
[34:48] | We need more. | 我们还需要其他保障 |
[34:50] | You want to keep the brothel. | 你想要继续开妓院 |
[34:55] | Greer, you don’t have to. | 葛瑞尔 你不必那么做 |
[34:57] | I swear that I will protect and support you | 我发誓在余生我都会 |
[34:59] | for the rest of my life. | 保护你 供养你 |
[35:01] | What if you can’t? | 如果你做不到呢 |
[35:04] | This brothel is independence. | 这妓院是独立的生计 |
[35:06] | Income. | 是收入来源 |
[35:07] | And that is safety in a very unsafe world. | 它也是这个不安全的世界里的可靠保障 |
[35:10] | What if we take this money | 我们拿这笔钱 |
[35:12] | and invest it in the business? | 投资到这个行业怎么样 |
[35:14] | If there’s one thing | 如果要说有什么东西 |
[35:14] | you can count on, year after year, | 能年复一年让我们指望得上的 |
[35:16] | it’s that men want sex | 那就是男人的欲望 |
[35:18] | and they’ll pay for it. | 而他们也愿意花钱满足欲望 |
[35:20] | I thought we could count on our love for one another. | 我原以为我们可以依靠彼此的爱 |
[35:24] | That’s what I’ve always believed, but you… | 我一直坚信如此 但是你… |
[35:27] | never have, have you? | 从没相信过 对吗 |
[35:31] | You’re a fearful person, Greer. | 你真是个可怕的人 葛瑞尔 |
[35:33] | I’ve made something of myself. | 我自己成就了自己的东西 |
[35:36] | It has taken courage and fight… | 这是需要勇气和奋斗的… |
[35:38] | But you won’t risk fighting for us! | 但是你不肯为我们而奋斗 |
[35:40] | Believing that we can battle whatever comes our way. | 你不相信我们可以战胜一切 |
[35:43] | I’ve lost | 我输掉了 |
[35:44] | too many battles. | 太多场战争 |
[35:45] | I’ve lost everything! | 我失去过一切 |
[35:47] | And now I want to hold on to something | 现在我想紧紧抓住一点 |
[35:50] | that no one can take away. | 别人无法夺走的东西 |
[35:52] | You can’t be a married woman, | 你不能同时做一个有夫之妇 |
[35:54] | a mother and a madam. | 一个母亲 一个老鸨 |
[35:57] | What kind of life is that for our children? | 对我们的孩子来说那是种什么样的生活 |
[36:00] | Please don’t ask me to choose. | 求你不要逼我做出选择 |
[36:04] | I am. | 我是在让你做出选择 |
[36:07] | Between this life and one with me. | 选我还是选你现在的生活 |
[36:10] | Between respectability, | 是选择体面 |
[36:12] | a family, a man who loves you… | 家庭 一个爱你的男人… |
[36:20] | I can’t give this up. | 我不能放弃这一切 |
[36:24] | I won’t. | 我不会放弃 |
[36:26] | Then you’re giving up me. | 那你就要放弃我了 |
[36:29] | You do realize that? | 你清楚吗 |
[36:32] | Say you’ll marry me, or we are over. | 嫁给我吧 否则我们就完了 |
[36:40] | I can’t. | 不行 |
[36:43] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[37:03] | Lady Kenna. | 肯娜小姐 |
[37:04] | I know what I want. | 我知道我想要什么 |
[37:08] | I think we’d be good together, | 我觉得我们在一起会很好 |
[37:10] | perhaps have a future. | 或许会有将来 |
[37:13] | This is sudden. | 这么突然 |
[37:14] | Not really. You’ve been flirting with me since the day we met. | 不是吧 从我们见面那天起你就一直在勾引我 |
[37:19] | You should know | 你应该知道 |
[37:20] | that if I choose to be with you, | 如果我选择跟你在一起 |
[37:22] | there are things in my past that I can’t change. | 我的过去我是无法改变的 |
[37:24] | You’ll have to accept them. | 你得一起接受我的过去 |
[37:26] | If you prefer | 如果你喜欢 |
[37:27] | a demure flower or a virginal maid, | 端庄纯洁的处女 |
[37:30] | you’re free to sign a marriage contract | 你可以随便找一个 |
[37:32] | to wed a noble’s daughter whom you’ve never met. | 素未谋面的贵族的女儿成婚 |
[37:34] | Kenna, I agree. | 肯娜 我同意 |
[37:39] | We may have | 我们会有 |
[37:40] | a promising future. | 大好的将来 |
[37:44] | Then let’s see if we’re good together. | 那就看看我们在一起是不是合适 |
[37:47] | Is this a test? | 这是考验我吗 |
[37:49] | Impress me. | 拿出你的本事来吧 |
[38:11] | I spoke with Francis. | 我跟弗朗西斯谈过了 |
[38:14] | I’m sorry, for what you’re both going through. | 对你们两个人经历的事我很遗憾 |
[38:19] | Now that things are over between you and Conde, | 既然你和康德之间的事结束了 |
[38:21] | you and Francis might… | 你和弗朗西斯或许… |
[38:25] | What I mean is, you’re both in pain. | 我的意思是你们都很痛苦 |
[38:28] | You might at least look to comfort from each other. | 至少可以彼此寻求慰藉 |
[38:32] | I don’t think that’s likely right now. | 现在是不可能了 |
[38:35] | The truth is, I… | 实际上 我… |
[38:38] | helped Conde try to get away. | 帮助康德逃走了 |
[38:41] | Francis thinks I made that choice out of love, | 弗朗西斯以为我那么做是因为爱康德 |
[38:43] | that I rejected him. | 意味着我拒绝了他 |
[38:45] | He doesn’t understand how I could feel | 他不懂的是 我感觉到 |
[38:46] | so responsible for Conde’s suffering. | 康德的痛苦都是我的责任 |
[38:52] | You mean that you encouraged the love | 你是指你鼓励了一个 |
[38:53] | of a man below you in rank? | 职位比你低的人爱你吗 |
[38:56] | Because he found himself drawn | 因为他被牵扯进了 |
[38:57] | into political intrigues he knew nothing about, | 他所知甚少的政治纷争中 |
[38:59] | with enemies he’d never had before? | 让他有了前所未有的敌人 |
[39:02] | Because he found himself | 因为他发现自己 |
[39:03] | doing things he’d never contemplated, | 在做一些从未想过之事 |
[39:06] | getting in deeper and deeper. | 而且越陷越深 |
[39:08] | Oh, God, Bash. | 天啊 巴斯 |
[39:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[39:11] | I walked this road first. | 我走过这条路 |
[39:18] | It’s not just Conde. | 并不仅仅是康德 |
[39:21] | It’s not one affair gone wrong. | 并不是一次出轨遇阻 |
[39:24] | It’s me. | 问题在于我 |
[39:26] | The Queen of France. | 法国的王后 |
[39:29] | This will happen any time | 以后每次我寻求爱或者幸福 |
[39:30] | I look for love or happiness. | 都会是如此收场 |
[39:34] | I’ll condemn any man who brings it to me. | 任何给我爱和幸福的人都会被我牵连 |
[39:38] | Only a king could survive my love, | 只有国王能承受得起我的爱 |
[39:40] | and no one below. | 再无他人 |
[39:42] | My rank is poison. | 我的职位就是毒药 |
[39:46] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[39:53] | Brave Mary, I’m sorry. | 勇敢的玛丽 不要伤心 |
[40:03] | – How many showed up? – Enough. | -来了多少人 -足够多的人 |
[40:05] | Lords with holdings all over France. | 法国众位有财产之人 |
[40:07] | Protestants, ready to listen to you. | 新教徒 都准备听你一言了 |
[40:10] | You seem to have a lot of faith they’ll follow me | 你好像很有信心 觉得他们听完后 |
[40:12] | – after they listen. – You’ve been spending | -肯定会追随我 -你大部分时间 |
[40:13] | most of your time at court. | 都是在宫廷中度过的 |
[40:15] | I don’t think you’re aware | 我觉得你好像不知道 |
[40:16] | of how unhappy your brethren are. | 你的教友们对现状多么不满 |
[40:23] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[40:26] | I know I have hurt you. | 我知道我伤害了你 |
[40:29] | We have hurt each other. | 我们伤害了彼此 |
[40:30] | But there is something I’ve learned, | 但我也学到了东西 |
[40:32] | and that is we must put this behind us. | 那就是我们必须放下 |
[40:36] | We are king and queen, chained together | 我们是国王王后 就如囚犯一样 |
[40:39] | as surely as prisoners in a dungeon. | 被牢牢锁在监狱中无法分开 |
[40:42] | And if we are not to suffer as prisoners do, | 如果我们不想如囚犯一样痛苦 |
[40:45] | we must make peace with each other. | 我们就必须和好 |
[40:47] | It’s our only chance of survival in this life | 要想此生不因悲伤而发疯 |
[40:51] | without going mad with grief. | 这是唯一的方法 |
[40:53] | Do you think you could ever forgive me? | 你能原谅我吗 |
[40:56] | Please, if you are angry, say something! | 如果你生气 求你说句话 |
[41:01] | Oh, you ask for forgiveness. | 你请求我的原谅啊 |
[41:04] | How can I even consider it | 如今康德还潜逃在外 |
[41:06] | when Conde is still out there, | 很可能跟伊丽莎白的人在一起 |
[41:08] | most likely with agents of Elizabeth? | 我怎么有那个心情去考虑 |
[41:11] | France has been through so much. | 法国经历了太多事 |
[41:15] | Most of this country is like dry tinder, | 这个国家犹如干柴 |
[41:17] | just waiting for a spark. | 就等一个小小的火星引燃 |
[41:19] | Prince Conde! | 康德王子 |
[41:20] | No longer Prince of Conde! | 不再是康德王子了 |
[41:22] | King Louis of France! | 而是法国的路易斯国王 |
[41:26] | All that is needed is a face, a claim, | 一切就只需要一张众人皆知的脸 一份誓言 |
[41:29] | a bloodline, | 一份合法血统 |
[41:32] | and someone who is willing | 还有一个愿意 |
[41:33] | to die for the cause. | 为之而牺牲的人 |
[41:34] | Louis! Louis! Louis! | 路易斯 路易斯 路易斯 |