时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I need you, Nicholas. | 我需要你 尼古拉斯 |
[00:03] | – France? – I’ve appointed you the new English ambassador. | -去法国吗 -我任命你为新的英格兰大使 |
[00:06] | How often do the queen of France and the king of Navarre get to meet? | 法国王后和纳瓦拉国王可不经常见面啊 |
[00:09] | I am dying. | 我要死了 |
[00:10] | Charles will inherit my throne. | 查尔斯会继承我的王位 |
[00:11] | A young king needs a regent. | 年轻的国王需要摄政王 |
[00:13] | You want me to marry Charles. | 你想要我嫁给查尔斯 |
[00:14] | I would be honored if you would agree to be my wife. | 若你同意成为我的妻子 那将是我的荣幸 |
[00:17] | The honor is mine. | 是我的荣幸 |
[00:18] | Clearly we should have taken your head | 你上次背叛你儿子的时候 |
[00:19] | when you last betrayed your son. | 我们就该砍下你的头 |
[00:21] | Now you’ve betrayed your nation | 结果现在你竟然背叛了你的国家 |
[00:22] | – by consorting with an enemy. – Take her. | -与敌人为伍 -抓住她 |
[00:24] | Don’t think of crossing us again. | 别想再挑拨我们 |
[00:26] | I want the king! | 我要见国王 |
[00:31] | I hope you recognize, Charles, | 我希望你认识到 查尔斯 |
[00:33] | how vital our commitment will be to each other in the future. | 我们在未来对彼此的承诺有多么重要 |
[00:36] | When we are married… | 我们结婚的时候… |
[00:36] | You don’t have to worry about that, Mary. | 这你不用担心 玛丽 |
[00:39] | I know I’m young, and you may assume I’m inexperienced, | 我知道我很年轻 你也许以为我没经验 |
[00:41] | but I promise I’ll give you an heir. | 但我保证我会让你有后嗣的 |
[00:45] | Actually, I was talking about the future of the alliance | 实际上 我说的是法国和苏格兰 |
[00:48] | between France and Scotland. | 联盟的未来 |
[00:50] | Oh. Well, um… | 这个嘛 |
[00:52] | I only meant that an heir will be important for the alliance. | 我只是说后嗣对联盟来说很重要 |
[00:54] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[00:56] | I love my brother. | 我爱我哥哥 |
[00:57] | He’s protected me all my life, | 他保护了我一辈子 |
[00:59] | and he loves you and… | 他爱你 |
[01:01] | and who knows, he may live for a long while yet. | 谁知道呢 他也许会活很久的 |
[01:03] | Charles, I don’t quite think you understand. | 查尔斯 我觉得你不懂 |
[01:05] | Is-is that Constance? | 那是康丝坦斯吗 |
[01:07] | I invited her, | 我邀请了她 |
[01:08] | but I can’t believe she came all the way from Toulouse. | 但我不敢相信她从图卢兹远道而来了 |
[01:12] | Constance! | 康丝坦斯 |
[01:14] | You’ll have to excuse me, Mary. | 抱歉我先失陪了 玛丽 |
[01:15] | We’ll talk later. | 我们之后再谈 |
[01:19] | Seems he’s rather enamored | 看来他很迷恋 |
[01:20] | with the Duke of Toulouse’s daughter. | 图卢兹公爵的女儿 |
[01:22] | Sorry, I couldn’t help but overhear. | 抱歉 我不小心偷听了 |
[01:23] | – Constance… – At least somebody else | -康丝坦斯 -至少别人 |
[01:24] | sees I’ve got my work cut out for me. | 看到了我的工作十分艰巨 |
[01:26] | Yes, he’s very… | 是啊 他非常… |
[01:29] | young. | 年轻 |
[01:32] | Well, there is some good news. | 不过有好消息 |
[01:33] | Our military in Scotland | 苏格兰的军队 |
[01:35] | is close to claiming a victory over the Protestants. | 快要战胜新教徒了 |
[01:37] | And what about Francis? | 那弗朗西斯呢 |
[01:39] | Is he feeling any better? | 他感觉好些了吗 |
[01:41] | He hasn’t left his room in days. | 他好几天没出房间 |
[01:43] | He doesn’t want anyone to know he’s ill. | 他不想让别人知道他病了 |
[01:45] | He’s desperate to handle his affairs | 他极想在消息泄露之前 |
[01:47] | before word gets out. | 处理事务 |
[01:49] | The English Ambassador. | 英格兰大使 |
[01:53] | Sir Nicholas. | 尼古拉斯爵士 |
[01:54] | And how are you enjoying France? | 你觉得法国怎么样 |
[01:56] | I’m still waiting to be granted an audience with the king. | 我还是想跟国王见面 |
[01:59] | King Francis has traveled to the Cathedral in Reims | 弗朗西斯国王去了兰斯大教堂 |
[02:02] | for a period of seclusion and prayer. | 隐居一段时间 进行祈祷 |
[02:04] | When he returns, | 他归来时 |
[02:05] | you will be the first received. | 一定第一个接见你 |
[02:12] | He’s already sniffing around. | 他已经在到处嗅探了 |
[02:32] | I thought Catherine was in the infirmary because she fell. | 我还以为凯瑟琳在医务室呢 因为她摔倒了 |
[02:34] | That’s what the servants thought | 几天前仆人发现她时 |
[02:36] | when they found her a few days ago, | 也是这样认为的 |
[02:37] | but it turns out she’s recovering from self-inflicted wounds. | 但是她自己造成的伤口已经在慢慢恢复了 |
[02:40] | Self-inflicted how? | 怎么自己造成的啊 |
[02:42] | Catherine threw herself against a door, repeatedly, | 凯瑟琳一直在撞门 |
[02:44] | and then bit out a piece of her own cheek. | 然后咬掉了自己的一块脸颊肉 |
[02:47] | A servant found it this morning whilst cleaning the dungeon. | 一名仆人清理地牢时发现的 |
[02:49] | Good God, even the rats wouldn’t eat it. | 天啊 老鼠都不吃她的肉 |
[02:52] | She’s demanding to see Francis, and she’s threatening | 她要求见弗朗西斯 如果拒绝她 |
[02:54] | to do further harm to herself if refused. | 她威胁进一步伤害自己 |
[02:56] | Let me see my son, you bloodsucker! | 让我见我儿子 你个吸血鬼 |
[03:00] | Francis doesn’t want to see you ever again. | 弗朗西斯再也不想见你了 |
[03:02] | So don’t waste any more flesh. | 所以别浪费你的肉了 |
[03:04] | You would keep me from my firstborn in his final days? | 我的长子快去世了 你还不肯让我见他吗 |
[03:07] | What kind of a monster are you? | 你真是个禽兽 |
[03:08] | Monster?! | 禽兽 |
[03:10] | Catherine, take a look in the mirror. | 凯瑟琳 去镜子里照照 |
[03:11] | You brought this on yourself. | 这是你自找的 |
[03:13] | Have you ever once considered | 你考虑过吗 |
[03:14] | you are the cause of all of this tragedy? | 你才是这场悲剧的源头 |
[03:17] | You can’t deny that your union with Francis has been ill-fated. | 你不能否认你和弗朗西斯的结合十分不幸 |
[03:21] | His alliance with you has cost us everything. | 他和你联姻让我们失去了一切 |
[03:24] | The war in Scotland will be over soon. | 苏格兰的战争很快就会结束 |
[03:25] | French troops will be returning home. | 法国军队就快回家了 |
[03:27] | Don’t be naive. | 别这么天真了 |
[03:28] | I’ve been to English court. | 我去过英格兰宫廷 |
[03:29] | Their resources are vast. | 他们有大量人力物力 |
[03:31] | Elizabeth’s grudge is personal. | 伊丽莎白跟你是私人恩怨 |
[03:33] | She can escalate this war indefinitely. | 她能无限期地升级这场战争 |
[03:35] | France cannot. | 而法国不行 |
[03:36] | I am just as strong and as stubborn as Elizabeth. | 我和伊丽莎白一样强大和固执 |
[03:39] | I will not live in fear of her. | 我不会害怕她 |
[03:41] | I will marry Charles. | 我会嫁给查尔斯 |
[03:42] | Our union is our best hope… | 我们的结合是我们的最大希望 |
[03:43] | I am the best hope of a stable France, | 我是稳定法国 保护家人的 |
[03:46] | of protecting my family. | 最大希望 |
[03:48] | As regent. | 我当摄政王才行 |
[03:49] | That’s what you’ve always wanted. | 这就是你一直想要的 |
[03:50] | Not just to sit on a throne, but to rule. | 不仅仅是登上王位 还要统治 |
[03:52] | All I have ever wanted was to protect my children. | 我只想保护我的孩子们 |
[03:54] | Let me protect them while I still can. | 趁我还能 让我保护他们 |
[03:57] | Let me help him. | 让我帮他 |
[03:58] | Francis doesn’t want your help. | 弗朗西斯不想要你的帮助 |
[04:00] | None of your children want your help. | 你的孩子们都不想要你的帮助 |
[04:02] | You vampire bitch! | 你这个吸血鬼贱人 |
[04:04] | Let me out of these restraints! | 给我松绑 |
[04:06] | Nurse? | 护士 |
[04:07] | Nurse! | 护士 |
[04:09] | Drag her back to her cell. | 送她回牢房 |
[04:10] | If she tries to bite anything else, shove a bit in her mouth. | 如果她还想咬别的东西 往她嘴里塞东西 |
[04:18] | You actually went to see my mother? | 你去见我母亲了吗 |
[04:21] | What did she say? | 她说了什么 |
[04:22] | Oh, the usual. | 还不是那些话 |
[04:24] | She should be regent, I’m sucking France dry. | 她才该监国 我会吸干法国的血 |
[04:27] | Prettiest vampire I’ve ever seen. | 你是我见过的最漂亮的吸血鬼 |
[04:30] | There are so many things I wish we’d done together: | 我还有很多事希望能和你一起完成 |
[04:34] | eating oranges freshly plucked from the trees in Nice, | 一起吃从尼斯的果树上刚采摘下来的橙子 |
[04:37] | dancing under the stars at the Louvre. | 在卢浮宫的繁星下起舞 |
[04:39] | Well, we were married there. | 我们是在那里结婚的 |
[04:41] | Ah. So many ceremonies, | 那么多仪式 |
[04:44] | so many nobles, and we barely got to dance. | 那么多贵族 我们都没什么机会跳舞 |
[04:47] | We will do all those things. | 我们会一起完成这些事的 |
[04:50] | We will. | 一定会的 |
[04:54] | – Brother. – Francis. | -哥 -弗朗西斯 |
[04:58] | You look like hell. | 你脸色真差 |
[05:00] | What are you still doing here? | 你还在这里干什么 |
[05:00] | Shouldn’t you be looking for that killer– Delphine? | 你不是应该去找那个凶手 戴尔芬了吗 |
[05:03] | I hear that her last two victims had their hearts cut out. | 我听说她把最后两个受害者的心剖出来了 |
[05:06] | I’m not certain Delphine is guilty of those atrocities. | 我不确定戴尔芬是不是凶手 |
[05:09] | But she is a suspect. | 但她是嫌疑人 |
[05:11] | My men are searching for her day and night. | 我的手下正不分昼夜的搜寻她 |
[05:13] | In the meantime, I’m not leaving your side. | 同时 我不会离开你身边的 |
[05:16] | What is it then? | 这什么意思 |
[05:18] | I know that look. It’s the one that you get before a fight. | 我了解你 你每次想打架就是这个表情 |
[05:21] | King Antoine of Navarre has requested permission to enter court. | 纳瓦拉的安托万国王要求进宫 |
[05:24] | Antoine? Is he alone? | 安托万 他一个人吗 |
[05:26] | He’s not here with an army, | 他没带军队来 |
[05:27] | and he’s not here with his brother, | 也没带他兄弟来 |
[05:28] | if that’s what you’re asking. | 如果你是想问这个的话 |
[05:30] | Conde’s whereabouts are still unknown. | 康德的下落我们仍不知道 |
[05:32] | What is he doing here now? | 那他来这里干什么 |
[05:34] | Perhaps he’s learned of my illness. | 可能他知晓了我的病情 |
[05:36] | As a Bourbon, Antoine has the best claim to the throne after Charles. | 作为波旁 他是查尔斯之后最有利的继承者 |
[05:39] | If he rallies his Protestant supporters, | 一旦他聚集了新教支持者 |
[05:40] | he could replace Charles as King. | 他就可以对查尔斯取而代之 |
[05:42] | We don’t know that’s why he’s here. | 我们不知道他为什么会来 |
[05:44] | Francis. | 弗朗西斯 |
[05:45] | Let me handle him. | 让我来对付他 |
[05:46] | Bash, I know that you blame him for what happened with Kenna, | 巴斯 我知道你因为肯娜的事情怪罪他 |
[05:49] | but you will not “handle” the king of Navarre. | 但不能由你来对付纳瓦拉的国王 |
[05:52] | In fact, you’ll stay well away from him. | 事实上 你不能靠近他 |
[05:55] | Francis, please don’t. | 弗朗西斯 别这样 |
[05:56] | Antoine can’t see you like this. | 安托万不能看见你的病态 |
[05:58] | I’ll find out why he’s here. | 我会弄清楚他来的目的 |
[06:00] | I will talk to him. | 我会和他谈谈 |
[06:03] | Grant him entrance. | 让他进来 |
[06:06] | I can’t accept this. | 我不要 |
[06:07] | It’s too extravagant. | 这也太浮夸了 |
[06:09] | Not for me; I’m a princess. | 就我这公主来看 一点儿也不浮夸 |
[06:11] | Try it on. | 试试嘛 |
[06:12] | – What, here? – Don’t be modest. | -什么 在这里吗 -别害羞啦 |
[06:13] | I want to see how it looks on you. | 我想看看你穿着好不好看 |
[06:25] | Oh, it’s perfect! | 太好看了 |
[06:27] | I really do have an abundance of good taste. | 我确实品味很不错啊 |
[06:30] | It feels good to share it with a commoner. | 和一个平民分享我的审美 这感觉不错 |
[06:31] | I’m glad I entertain you. | 你高兴就好 |
[06:33] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[06:34] | You lift my spirits. | 你让我心情变好了 |
[06:36] | It’s been so difficult watching my brother get worse. | 看着我哥哥一日不如一日我真的不好受 |
[06:39] | Princess, the king of Navarre. | 公主 纳瓦拉国王到了 |
[06:42] | Ugh, my work never ends. | 又来了 真是做不完的事 |
[06:44] | Leith, I expect you to be wearing that when we play cards tonight. | 利思 晚上玩牌的时候也要穿这件哦 |
[06:51] | Greetings, Your Majesty. | 您好 国王陛下 |
[06:53] | I’ve been sent to welcome you by the king and queen. | 国王和王后派我来迎接您 |
[06:55] | A meager royal reception, | 你们王室这迎接虽然挺不上心 |
[06:57] | but a lovely one. | 但却挺可爱的 |
[06:59] | Please, take me to them. | 请带我去见他们 |
[07:00] | Are you going to just stand there? | 你就这么站着不动吗 |
[07:01] | There’s royal luggage to unload. | 国王有一大堆行李要卸呢 |
[07:19] | Queen Mary. | 玛丽王后 |
[07:21] | Where is the King? | 国王呢 |
[07:22] | He does not wish to see you, Antoine. | 他不想见你 安托万 |
[07:24] | He associates you with your brother’s treason. | 他觉得你兄弟的叛国罪和你有关 |
[07:27] | I was never involved in Louis’ plans to seize the throne. | 路易斯意图篡位绝对和我无关 |
[07:31] | I come in peace. | 我是为了和平而来的 |
[07:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:33] | To trade for my brother’s life. | 我想换回我兄弟的命 |
[07:35] | Louis has been captured by mercenaries | 路易斯在夏蒙尼的村庄里 |
[07:37] | in the mountain village of Chamonix. | 被雇佣兵抓住了 |
[07:39] | I’m willing to pay the ransom, but his only path home | 我很愿意交付赎金 但是他回家的必经之路 |
[07:41] | is a remote mountain pass controlled by your king’s forces. | 要经过你们国王军队控制的一个偏僻山口 |
[07:44] | I’m here to negotiate for Louis’ safe passage. | 我是来协商如何让路易斯安全回家的 |
[07:47] | I will not let my brother die in those mountains. | 我不会让我的兄弟死在山中 |
[07:50] | Conde is a traitor and deserves to die in France. | 康德是个叛国贼 死在法国也是活该 |
[07:54] | You are asking that he live his life in luxury in Navarre. | 而你却想让他在纳瓦拉吃香喝辣 |
[07:57] | Why on earth should we grant him this? | 我们凭什么这么做 |
[07:59] | Because I have something to offer you in return. | 因为我有你们会感兴趣的东西 |
[08:02] | I will convert to Catholicism, | 我会皈依天主教 |
[08:04] | and I will credit my conversion to you. | 而我会把这一切都归功于你 |
[08:07] | In doing so, any alliance I have with England will be destroyed. | 如此一来 我和英格兰的联盟就不复存在 |
[08:13] | If you want Conde to live, | 如果你想救康德一命 |
[08:15] | it will cost you much more than that. | 这可远远不够 |
[08:20] | You will renounce your family’s claim to the French throne. | 你必须放弃你们家族对法国王位的继承权 |
[08:27] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是认真的吧 |
[08:28] | If you really love your brother, | 如果你真的那么关心你兄弟 |
[08:29] | and your intentions are sincere, what’s the issue? | 又是诚心诚意来求和的 有何不可吗 |
[08:32] | Giving up my claim means giving up my supporters, | 放弃继承权我就放弃了我的拥护者 |
[08:36] | the men who keep me in power. | 没有了他们我就没有权力了 |
[08:37] | France will keep you in power, and Conde will live. | 法国会保障你的权力 康德也可以活命 |
[08:39] | I will not even consider this until I’ve spoken with Francis. | 不让我和弗朗西斯谈话的话 想都别想 |
[08:41] | As queen I can negotiate on his behalf. | 我是王后 我可以代表他和你协商 |
[08:43] | Have I been too subtle? | 我看起来很狡诈吗 |
[08:45] | I have no interest in negotiating with you. | 我没兴趣和你协商 |
[08:48] | You are a dangerous and duplicitous woman, | 你是个危险又奸诈的女人 |
[08:51] | and you destroyed my brother. | 你毁了我兄弟 |
[08:53] | Why are you trying to blame a woman for a man’s choices? | 你竟然把一个男人的决定怪到女人身上吗 |
[08:56] | It was Conde’s decision alone to start a revolution. | 要发动革命是康德自己的选择 |
[08:59] | It was his love for you that fueled his ambition. | 他是因为爱你才滋长了野心 |
[09:02] | You swore that you loved him, that you’d spend your lives together, | 你发誓说你爱他 说要和他共度余生 |
[09:04] | and then you stabbed him in the gut and threw him in a dungeon. | 然后你捅了他肚子一刀还把他丢进地牢 |
[09:10] | I think you’ve done enough, Mary. | 你做得事够多了 玛丽 |
[09:12] | I will only speak with the king. | 我只会和国王谈 |
[09:19] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎样 |
[09:21] | Well, you look well enough. | 你看起来很好 |
[09:22] | Are you sure you’re able to negotiate in person? | 你确定你可以单独和他协商吗 |
[09:25] | If it means putting an end to the Bourbon threat | 如果这样就能终结波旁带来的威胁 |
[09:26] | and keeping you and Charles safe after I’m gone, | 保障我死后你和查尔斯的安全的话 |
[09:29] | I’ll do anything. | 我什么都愿意做 |
[09:31] | Though I do hope Antoine is serious about signing away his claim. | 但我希望安托万是真的想放弃王位的继承权 |
[09:34] | He is. | 他是真心的 |
[09:35] | I know how much he cares about Conde. | 我了解他对康德的关心 |
[09:37] | And I’ve seen Antoine choose to protect him time and time again. | 我也见证了安托万一次又一次地保护他 |
[09:47] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[09:49] | This feels like it did in the beginning: | 这就像回到了最初 |
[09:51] | like we can do anything together. | 只要我们在一起就无所不能 |
[09:55] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[10:04] | Francis? Francis! | 弗朗西斯 弗朗西斯 |
[10:05] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不要 |
[10:06] | Guards! | 卫兵 |
[10:08] | Guards! | 卫兵 |
[10:09] | – Your Majesty. – Francis… Francis, come on. | -陛下 -弗朗西斯 坚持住 |
[10:12] | Take him upstairs before anyone sees him. | 带他上楼 不要让任何人看见 |
[10:15] | Quickly! Quickly! | 快点 快 |
[10:28] | He’s gone. | 他走了 |
[10:30] | And now you have nothing to fear… | 现在你无需害怕任何事… |
[10:34] | except me. | 除了我 |
[10:35] | If only that were true. | 但愿如此 |
[10:37] | I’m still having nightmares about that rat | 到现在我还会做恶梦 梦到凯瑟琳 |
[10:39] | Catherine planted in my bath. | 放在浴缸里的那只老鼠 |
[10:40] | Catherine is locked away. | 凯瑟琳已经被关押起来了 |
[10:43] | And even if she escaped, I’d protect you. | 就算她逃了出来 我也会保护你 |
[10:52] | So from now on, | 所以从现在起 |
[10:53] | you are only allowed to dream about me. | 你只许梦到我 |
[10:56] | As you wish, Lord Narcisse. | 遵命 纳西斯大人 |
[11:00] | Lola. | 萝拉 |
[11:02] | I want something. | 我想知道件事 |
[11:04] | Well, whatever it is, the answer is yes. | 无论什么事 我都告诉你 |
[11:07] | I want to know what your plans are | 我想知道弗朗西斯已经禁止我们结合 |
[11:10] | when we can be together, | 你有什么计划 |
[11:11] | since Francis has forbidden our union. | 我们什么时候能在一起 |
[11:19] | Now I really want to know. | 我真的想知道 |
[11:21] | You just need to trust me and be patient. | 你只需要相信我 耐心等待 |
[11:26] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[11:27] | I have had years of experience scheming and plotting. | 我经历了多年的谋划和诡计 |
[11:31] | Please, stop. | 别说了 |
[11:36] | Ah… all right. | 好吧 |
[11:39] | But I shall need… | 但我得… |
[11:41] | something in return– | 要点回报 |
[11:43] | a sign of your good intentions. | 一个表明你的善意的象征 |
[11:46] | Right here… | 戴在这里 |
[11:48] | on this… delicate little finger. | 戴在这根纤细的手指上 |
[11:54] | Lola… | 萝拉 |
[11:56] | when the time is right… | 等时机到来 |
[12:00] | will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[12:04] | To marry you is to defy my king, | 嫁给你是公然反抗国王 |
[12:07] | to risk Catherine’s wrath and the judgment of my friends, | 还要承受凯瑟琳的震怒和朋友们的脸色 |
[12:11] | and yet… | 但是 |
[12:12] | you make me feel stronger than I’ve ever felt before. | 你让我感觉自己史无前例的强大 |
[12:16] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, but… | 我也不敢相信自己会这么说 但是… |
[12:19] | yes– yes, I will marry you. | 我愿意 我愿意嫁给你 |
[12:30] | Someday… | 终有一天 |
[12:32] | I will. But for now, we must keep it a secret. | 我会嫁给你 但是现在我们必须保守秘密 |
[12:39] | For now. | 只是暂时的 |
[12:48] | Constance, we had quite a time in Milan last summer. | 康丝坦斯 去年夏天我们在米兰过得很愉快 |
[12:51] | It was brilliant. | 那简直棒极了 |
[12:52] | Remember the party at Lord Francesco’s castle? | 还记得弗朗西斯科大人城堡里的宴会吗 |
[12:55] | You and I drank so much wine. | 我们喝了那么多酒 |
[12:58] | If only it had just been you and I. | 要是只有你我就好了 |
[13:00] | Sadly, your friends never seemed to let you out of their sight. | 可遗憾的是你的朋友们寸步不离 |
[13:03] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[13:05] | my friends aren’t here now. | 我的朋友现在又不在 |
[13:07] | What’s happening at court tonight? | 今晚宫廷有什么活动 |
[13:09] | – Anything exciting? – Tonight? | -有好玩的吗 -今晚 |
[13:11] | We’ll have after-dinner festivities. | 晚餐后有庆典 |
[13:12] | The King of Navarre will be attending. | 纳瓦拉国王会参加 |
[13:14] | – Dreadfully boring. – I know. | -肯定无聊死了 -我知道 |
[13:17] | It’ll be terrible. | 肯定很糟 |
[13:18] | But I can find something exciting. | 但我会找些好玩的事的 |
[13:20] | I’ll leave it up to you then. | 那我就不替你操心了 |
[13:26] | The drug’s powers are miraculous, Your Majesty. | 药效简直近乎奇迹 陛下 |
[13:29] | Opium will relieve your pain for hours and even bring euphoria. | 鸦片会缓解疼痛几小时 甚至让你精神欢愉 |
[13:35] | Thank you. But I’ve heard the drug can be unpredictable | 谢谢 但我听说它的药效难以预料 |
[13:38] | and dangerously abused. | 如果滥用十分危险 |
[13:41] | Hm. I only have one chance with Antoine. | 我只能与安托万见一次面 |
[13:42] | I need my mind to be sharp. | 我得思维敏捷 |
[13:46] | I can do this. | 我没事 |
[13:47] | I just need rest. | 我歇歇就好 |
[13:48] | Well, in case you reconsider. | 我把药留下以免您改变主意 |
[13:54] | Francis, do I have to attend the festivities tonight? | 弗朗西斯 今晚我非得参加庆典吗 |
[13:57] | It would be good to have you there. | 你能去最好 |
[13:58] | It’s-it’s just I have already promised the Duke of Toulouse | 但我已经答应图卢兹公爵 |
[14:01] | I’d play cards with him tonight. | 今晚陪他打牌 |
[14:02] | It would be rude of me to cancel. | 要是取消太失礼了 |
[14:04] | He’s a very important man. | 他是个重要人物 |
[14:06] | Well, if you finish in time, come and join us. | 那就等你们打完牌你再过来吧 |
[14:08] | I’ll do my best. Though I expect our game to run rather late. | 我尽量 虽然我希望我们能多玩一阵子 |
[14:28] | Are you sure you can do this, Francis? | 你确定自己可以吗 弗朗西斯 |
[14:29] | Mary told me about what happened on the stairs. | 玛丽把楼梯上的事都告诉我了 |
[14:32] | You must be in so much pain. | 你肯定很疼 |
[14:33] | I appreciate your concern, | 谢谢你的关心 |
[14:35] | though I do wonder if it’s genuine. | 但我怀疑你的关心是否出自真心 |
[14:36] | – What? – Since my mother lost her power, | -什么 -自从我母亲失势 |
[14:39] | I have inherited her network of spies. | 我便继承了她的间谍网 |
[14:41] | One of them saw you leaving | 一名间谍看到你 |
[14:42] | Narcisse’s chambers this morning. | 今早离开纳西斯的卧室 |
[14:46] | So it’s true. | 看来是真的了 |
[14:47] | After I forbade Narcisse from courting you. | 在我明令禁止纳西斯追求你之后 |
[14:50] | – Francis, I’m in love with him. – For what, | -弗朗西斯 我爱他 -爱他什么 |
[14:52] | his honesty? His loyalty to his king and crown? | 他的坦诚 还是他对国王和王室的忠诚 |
[14:54] | I’m not a fool. | 我不是傻子 |
[14:55] | I know he’s done awful things. | 我知道他做过不好的事 |
[14:58] | But there are other sides to him that you don’t see. There is… | 但他也有你没见过的一面 他… |
[15:01] | goodness in him, kindness. | 有善良 和善的一面 |
[15:04] | He makes me happy. | 他让我快乐 |
[15:06] | So you’re going to marry him after I’m dead. | 所以你会在我死后嫁给他 |
[15:09] | That’s what you’re trying to tell me, in so many words. | 说了这么多 就是想告诉我这个 |
[15:12] | Lola, you’re not the first person to tell me | 萝拉 你不是第一个告诉我 |
[15:14] | that I can’t control things after I’m gone. | 死了就无法掌控局势的人了 |
[15:17] | So I am asking you, | 所以我请求你 |
[15:20] | not as your king but as John’s father… | 不是以国王的身份而是作为约翰的父亲 |
[15:23] | please don’t marry him. | 请你别嫁给他 |
[15:28] | When I’m gone, John won’t remember me. | 等我死后 约翰不会记得我 |
[15:32] | He’ll never feel my love. | 他也永远感受不到我的爱 |
[15:36] | He needs a man in his life | 他的人生需要一个男人 |
[15:40] | to protect him, to guide him, to show him right from wrong. | 保护他 引导他 教他辨明是非 |
[15:44] | Narcisse is not that man. | 纳西斯绝非良人 |
[15:49] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[15:50] | And… I will consider your wishes, I promise. | 我会考虑你的要求 我保证 |
[15:56] | Francis, it’s time. | 弗朗西斯 该走了 |
[16:21] | You’re quite enchanting, aren’t you? | 你今天可真漂亮 |
[16:23] | Tell me, have you seen the King? | 你见过国王了吗 |
[16:25] | Oh, I don’t think he’s arrived yet. | 他似乎还没到 |
[16:34] | Here’s our chance. | 机会来了 |
[16:34] | The seat beside him is empty. | 他旁边的坐席空着 |
[16:37] | Musicians! | 乐师 |
[16:39] | Dancing music for the King and Queen! | 为国王王后奏舞曲 |
[16:43] | Francis, we don’t have to. I’ll make an excuse. | 弗朗西斯 不必勉强 我可以找借口拒绝 |
[16:48] | No. I want to dance with you. | 无妨 我想同你舞一曲 |
[16:50] | Can you do this? | 你撑得住吗 |
[16:54] | If we’re here to put on a show, | 既然要在群臣面前作秀 |
[16:56] | what better way than this? | 这是绝佳的机会 |
[17:11] | You’re leading. | 你在引导我 |
[17:13] | Just keep your eyes on me. | 盯紧我就好 |
[17:24] | Stay with me. Stay with me. | 坚持住 坚持住 |
[17:42] | What is it? | 何事 |
[17:46] | You’ll have to excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[17:55] | Let’s slip away from here. | 我们走吧 |
[17:56] | I want to feel your skin against mine. | 我想贴身触碰你 |
[18:00] | Francis knows. | 弗朗西斯知道了 |
[18:03] | That is a problem. We’ll find a solution. | 这是个问题 我们解决就好 |
[18:18] | Stephan, I can’t do this. | 斯特凡 我做不到 |
[18:21] | What do you mean? | 何出此言 |
[18:23] | It’s strange. | 很奇怪 |
[18:24] | So long I’ve resented that my life belonged to a King. | 我一直不满于自己的人生属于一个国王 |
[18:27] | But now I realize my life really belongs to my son. | 可如今我意识到 我的人生属于我的儿子 |
[18:31] | I have to think about what’s best for him. | 我必须考虑如何让他过得更好 |
[18:34] | I’m not sure that’s you. | 我认为你并不适合 |
[18:36] | I have raised children of my own, you know. | 我自己也养过孩子的 |
[18:38] | Some of them turned out quite well. | 有些孩子很有出息 |
[18:47] | I swear that I will help | 我发誓 |
[18:50] | you and Francis raise your son with honor. | 我会用心养育你和弗朗西斯的儿子 |
[18:55] | Do you doubt me? | 你不信我吗 |
[18:58] | As long as Francis has doubts, so will I. | 如果弗朗西斯不信任你 我也一样 |
[19:14] | I had them clear out this room just for us. | 我让他们把这间屋子打理好了 |
[19:17] | Do you like it? | 你可喜欢 |
[19:19] | It’s just like the wine cellar in Tuscany. | 很像托斯卡纳区的酒窖 |
[19:22] | We had quite a night, didn’t we? | 那晚我们过得很开心 不是吗 |
[19:24] | Until you went off with Lorenzo. | 可后来你跟洛伦佐走了 |
[19:30] | So, what do you want to do? | 那你想如何 |
[19:36] | Is that what I think it is? | 这是我在想的那个东西吗 |
[19:39] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[19:40] | I’ve never actually tried it before. | 我以前从未试过 |
[19:42] | Shall we smoke it? | 要吸吗 |
[19:44] | No need, darling. | 不必了 亲爱的 |
[19:49] | To us. | 干杯 |
[20:03] | That’s all? | 就这么点吗 |
[20:09] | Have some of me then. | 那你来尝尝我吧 |
[20:25] | Constance, are you all right? | 康丝坦斯 你还好吗 |
[20:31] | Constance! Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 康丝坦斯 我的天啊 |
[20:33] | Constance, please, you have to wake up! | 康丝坦斯 你快醒来 |
[20:42] | What do you mean she might be dead? | 什么叫她可能死了 |
[20:44] | How am I to know? Haven’t you smoked it before? | 我怎么知道 你之前不是吸过吗 |
[20:46] | That’s why you came to me? What do you expect me to do? | 所以你才来找我的吗 你觉得我能怎么办 |
[20:49] | Constance’s father’s a duke. | 她的父亲是公爵 |
[20:52] | If she dies here in the castle… | 如果她死在这里… |
[20:54] | God, I wish Mother were here. | 天啊 母亲怎么不在 |
[20:56] | She manages tragedy with ruthless clarity. | 她总能沉着冷静地处理这类事故 |
[21:00] | Actually, there-there is someone who shares mother’s talents… | 其实 有个人也有这个本领 |
[21:04] | I will not help you with this. | 我不会帮你们 |
[21:05] | Why not? You have to. | 为何 你必须帮我们 |
[21:07] | The king mistrusts me enough as it is. | 我已经失信于国王 |
[21:10] | I can’t get involved in hiding the death of a noble girl. | 我不能再参与贵族小姐死亡的事 |
[21:14] | She is actually dead, isn’t she? | 她死了吧 |
[21:16] | Her eyes rolled back in her head. | 她都翻白眼了 |
[21:18] | – What is it? – She’s still breathing. | -怎么了 -她还有呼吸 |
[21:21] | Barely, but she’s alive. | 虽然很微弱 但她还活着 |
[21:24] | How long has she been like this? | 她已经这样多久了 |
[21:26] | I’m not sure. Ten minutes? | 不知道 十分钟吧 |
[21:28] | Charles, fetch me a bucket of water. | 查尔斯 提一桶水来 |
[21:30] | You want me, the Dauphin, to get you a bucket of water? | 你要王储给你提水吗 |
[21:33] | You want to save her life, then we need to flush | 你要是想救她 就得赶在她心跳停止前 |
[21:36] | the drug from her body before her heart stops. | 把药从她体内排出 |
[21:38] | Now fetch me that bucket! | 快去给我拿水来 |
[21:41] | And some kind of tube. | 再拿根管子 |
[21:42] | A tube? | 管子 |
[21:54] | Your Majesty, you received my invitation. | 殿下 您收到邀请了 |
[21:58] | What was so urgent? | 何事如此紧急 |
[21:59] | I’ve learned of your negotiations with the Valois. | 我听说了你与瓦卢瓦家族的谈判 |
[22:01] | So disappointing after the wrongs they’ve done | 真是令人失望 毕竟他们对你的家族 |
[22:04] | to your noble family. | 犯下了不可原谅的罪行 |
[22:06] | You have a counteroffer? | 你有建议吗 |
[22:07] | Don’t sign away your claim to the French throne | 别放弃你对法国王位的继承权 |
[22:09] | and England will make it worth your while | 英格兰将会投桃报李 |
[22:11] | with gold and military support. | 提供财力和军方支持 |
[22:13] | And if France retaliates against my country? | 如果法国报复我们呢 |
[22:15] | They won’t. They can’t afford it. | 不会的 他们支付不起军费 |
[22:17] | I came here to save my brother’s life. | 我是来救我弟弟的 |
[22:19] | With the roads under French control, | 但是法国监管着所有道路 |
[22:20] | he can’t get back into Navarre. | 他根本回不了纳瓦拉 |
[22:22] | If I don’t sign away my claim, he will die. | 如果我不妥协 他会死 |
[22:24] | Conde is an anchor around your neck. | 康德成了你的负担 |
[22:27] | Let him go. | 放弃他吧 |
[22:29] | You are a king. | 你是国王 |
[22:30] | Of a small nation, to be sure. | 虽然国家不大 |
[22:32] | Which is why you, more than your brother, | 所以你比你的弟弟更需要 |
[22:34] | want the French throne. | 法国王位 |
[22:37] | And you can have it, | 而这并不困难 |
[22:38] | with England behind you | 你有着英国的支持 |
[22:39] | to make good on your claim | 只需等待合适的时机 |
[22:40] | when the opportunity presents itself. | 便可一举夺得王位 |
[22:42] | France could one day be yours. | 法国总有一天会属于你 |
[22:46] | We’ll need a decision before dawn. | 请在天亮前作出决定 |
[22:54] | Where the hell is Antoine? | 安托万去哪里了 |
[22:56] | He asked to negotiate with me in person | 他要求与我面谈 |
[22:58] | and then, suddenly, he just disappears? | 结果却突然消失了 |
[23:00] | Apparently he received a message and then he rushed off. | 好像是收到了什么信 立即就出去了 |
[23:02] | – A message from who? – I don’t know. | -谁给的信 -我不知道 |
[23:04] | Greer had one of her girls watching him, | 葛瑞尔派了姑娘监视他 |
[23:06] | but unfortunately the poor thing can’t read. | 但是那个姑娘不识字 |
[23:08] | Antoine was willing to negotiate with me, so… | 安托万之前曾愿与我谈判 所以… |
[23:11] | something in that message changed his mind. | 那封信改变了他的想法 |
[23:14] | I’ll find out what happened. | 我去看看怎么回事 |
[23:18] | Talk to the rest of your ladies who were on duty tonight. | 去问问今晚在这儿的你的姑娘们 |
[23:21] | Find out if anyone knows what Antoine has been up to | 看看有没有人知道安托万离开宴会之后 |
[23:23] | since he left the festivities. | 去见了谁 |
[23:24] | You needn’t bother. | 不用麻烦了 |
[23:27] | – Sebastian. – I know you ordered me to stay away from Antoine. | -塞巴斯蒂安 -我知道你让我远离安托万 |
[23:29] | You’ve been following him. | 你跟踪了他 |
[23:31] | Yes. And I saw him take a private meeting with Nicholas. | 是 我看到他私会了尼古拉斯 |
[23:33] | The English ambassador. | 英格兰大使 |
[23:34] | I was too far away to hear their conversation, | 我离得太远听不到他们在说什么 |
[23:36] | but I think we can assume that England | 但我们可以猜测 肯定是英格兰 |
[23:37] | made an offer that Antoine couldn’t refuse. | 给安托万提供了他无法拒绝的条件 |
[23:40] | Then we have to force England to rescind that offer. | 那我们就必须逼英格兰撤销它 |
[23:42] | And how will you manage that? | 你要怎么做 |
[23:46] | You said that you could still help your children. | 你说你还能帮助你的孩子们 |
[23:49] | Now it’s time for you to prove it. | 那你现在就给出证明吧 |
[24:01] | You must be Nicholas. | 你是尼古拉斯吧 |
[24:03] | How did you get in here? | 你是怎么进来的 |
[24:04] | I’m Catherine de Medici, | 我是凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[24:06] | Queen Mother of France. | 法国皇太后 |
[24:07] | Maybe you’ve heard of me. | 你应该听说过我 |
[24:09] | I heard you were locked away in the dungeons by your own son. | 我听说你被自己的儿子关在了地牢里 |
[24:11] | And I heard that you made an offer to the King of Navarre. | 我听说你想和纳瓦拉国王做交易 |
[24:14] | You will withdraw it immediately. | 你必须立马撤销这笔交易 |
[24:17] | I know Elizabeth likes having a friend in Navarre | 我知道伊丽莎白想在纳瓦拉安一个 |
[24:19] | with a claim to our throne. | 有法国王位继承权的盟友 |
[24:21] | A king who could one day take over France. | 一个将来可能会接手法国的国王 |
[24:24] | I will never let that happen. | 我不会让她得逞的 |
[24:27] | And Elizabeth will never give up Navarre. | 伊丽莎白也绝不会放弃纳瓦拉 |
[24:29] | Yes, she will. | 她会的 |
[24:30] | Because I have something to trade: | 因为我有她想要的东西 |
[24:32] | my silence. | 闭嘴不言 |
[24:34] | I was at English court when Elizabeth | 伊丽莎白阴谋陷害玛丽的时候 |
[24:36] | sanctioned a conspiracy against Mary. | 我身在英格兰宫廷 |
[24:39] | And I can tell the whole world | 我可以告诉所有人 |
[24:41] | how your Virgin Queen and I conspired together, | 你们的童真女王是怎么和我密谋 |
[24:44] | with her lover Dudley panting in the wings. | 再加上她的情人达德利的事 |
[24:48] | That would be disastrous for her. | 这对她来说可麻烦不小 |
[24:50] | She’s gone to a great deal of trouble to cover it all up. | 要想掩盖过去可没那么容易 |
[24:53] | By accusing her, you’d implicate yourself as a traitor to France. | 你若控诉她 同时也就暗示你自己背叛了法国 |
[24:57] | Your own son would be forced to execute you for treason. | 你的亲儿子就不得不因叛国罪处死你 |
[25:01] | You don’t know me, Englishman. | 你不了解我 英格兰人 |
[25:02] | I don’t have much to live for these days. | 我活着已无太大意义 |
[25:04] | But I can still die for my children. | 但我还是能为我的孩子而死 |
[25:06] | Withdraw your offer, | 撤销你的交易 |
[25:08] | or I will burn Elizabeth’s name to the ground. | 否则我就将毁掉伊丽莎白的名誉 |
[25:18] | Open her mouth, hold the tube in place. | 把她的嘴打开 插上管子 |
[25:20] | Not you. Charles. | 不是你 查尔斯来 |
[25:22] | – Why me? – Because you are responsible for this. | -为什么要我来 -因为这事都是你的责任 |
[25:24] | She took something you gave her because she trusted you, | 她吃了你给的东西因为她相信你 |
[25:27] | so now you’re gonna make this right. | 现在你要将功补过 |
[25:28] | Now put the tube in her mouth! | 快把管子插她嘴里去 |
[25:33] | I need a funnel. | 还需要一个漏斗 |
[25:39] | Are you sure you know what you’re doing? | 你确定这样能行吗 |
[25:40] | It’s been years since I found myself in an opium den, but… | 我吸鸦片好几年了 但… |
[25:43] | But you’ve done this before? | 但你之前做过这事吗 |
[25:44] | Never. Claude, the funnel. Hold it steady. | 没有 克劳德 漏斗拿稳了 |
[25:46] | Keep the tube all the way down until I give word. | 我没说停 你就别把管子拿出来 |
[25:54] | Narcisse. | 纳西斯 |
[25:55] | Not yet. | 还没好 |
[25:57] | Is this supposed to happen? | 这样行吗 |
[25:58] | – I think she’s dying! – Hold it. | -她快死了 -别动 |
[26:00] | Now. Pull it out now. | 好 拿出来 |
[26:04] | Constance. | 康丝坦斯 |
[26:06] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[26:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:13] | There, there. You’re fine. | 好了 好了 你没事了 |
[26:16] | Here, Charles. Come on. | 好了 查尔斯 快 |
[26:18] | Get her cleaned up and back to her chambers. | 帮她清理一下 送回房里去 |
[26:21] | You may not be King, | 你可能不是国王 |
[26:22] | but your actions reflect on Francis, | 但你的所作所为会影响到弗朗西斯 |
[26:24] | and he has the weight of thousands of lives, | 而他身上肩负着万千子民的生命 |
[26:26] | just like this one, on his shoul. | 她也是其中一员 |
[26:28] | Be wiser next time. | 下次你可得机灵点儿 |
[26:35] | That girl is alive because of your quick thinking. | 这姑娘还活着多亏你心思活络 |
[26:39] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[26:44] | Leith, you’ll never believe… | 利思 你肯定不会相信… |
[26:46] | Claude! Uh, w-what are you doing here? | 克劳德 你来这里做什么 |
[26:49] | Alexandra? | 亚历桑德拉 |
[26:50] | Dear Lord! | 上帝啊 |
[26:53] | Claude! | 克劳德 |
[26:55] | Claude, wait! Wait! | 克劳德 等等 |
[26:57] | What? | 干嘛 |
[26:59] | Uh… I’m sorry that you had to see that. | 很抱歉让你看到这一幕 |
[27:03] | Don’t apologize. | 不用道歉 |
[27:04] | I should have knocked. | 我该先敲门的 |
[27:06] | I don’t understand this. | 我只是不理解 |
[27:08] | I thought you were heartbroken over Greer. | 我以为你还在为葛瑞尔心伤 |
[27:10] | When did you decide to take up with one of my ladies? | 你什么时候和我的侍女勾搭上了 |
[27:14] | – Recently. – How recently? | -最近 -有多近 |
[27:15] | And why her? | 为什么挑她 |
[27:18] | It’s very confusing being your friend, | 与你为友有时我会乱了心神 |
[27:20] | so instead of doing something foolish, I did this. | 所以我只能这样来防止我做出愚蠢的事 |
[27:23] | What do you mean, something foolish? | 什么意思 什么愚蠢的事 |
[27:26] | Something with me? | 和我有关吗 |
[27:27] | I fell in love with a woman above my station before. | 我曾与地位比我高的女人相爱 |
[27:30] | It was torture. I’ll never make that mistake again. | 太痛苦了 我不想重蹈覆辙 |
[27:33] | You thought you might fall in love with me? | 你觉得你会爱上我吗 |
[27:35] | No, I thought that this cannot happen. | 不 我认为这不能发生 |
[27:37] | Fine, fine, fine. | 好吧好吧 |
[27:37] | Could you just repeat the part | 你能再说一遍吗 |
[27:40] | about realizing you had feelings for me? | 发现你对我我感觉的那句 |
[27:50] | You wanted to see me, Your Majesty? | 您要见我吗 陛下 |
[27:53] | You don’t look well. | 您看起来不太好 |
[27:54] | Are you feeling all right? | 感觉还好吗 |
[27:56] | I’ve been fasting. | 我在斋戒 |
[27:57] | I was just in Reims for seclusion and prayer. | 我之前在兰斯隐居祈祷 |
[28:01] | Oh. I know what happened with Charles. | 我知道查尔斯的事了 |
[28:03] | King Francis, if I may… | 弗朗西斯国王 恕我… |
[28:04] | You may not. | 不用 |
[28:06] | Not a word. | 别说了 |
[28:09] | Charles came to me because he made a mistake | 查尔斯来找我是因为他犯错了 |
[28:11] | and felt terrible about it. | 觉得很惭愧 |
[28:14] | That is quite a change. | 这是他的成长 |
[28:17] | I’ve been trying to get through to him | 这段时间我一直在试图打开他的心防 |
[28:18] | for weeks and somehow you reached him. | 而你做到了 |
[28:23] | You challenged him to take responsibility, and he listened. | 你让他负起责任来 而他听从了 |
[28:26] | I’m confused about the nature of this conversation. | 我不明白您的意思 |
[28:32] | Lola tried to convince me that there was more to you | 萝拉想说服我 说你身上除了背叛和贪婪 |
[28:34] | than treachery and greed. | 还有别的品质 |
[28:36] | I didn’t want to hear it. | 我那会儿并不想听 |
[28:38] | But the measure of a man is what he does when no one is looking. | 但人的品质是在不经意间体现的 |
[28:42] | Perhaps you still have some honor to impart. | 也许你身上确有可取之处 |
[28:47] | Are you offering me your gratitude? | 您这是在感激我吗 |
[28:50] | I’m offering you my blessing with Lola. | 我在祝福你和萝拉 |
[28:53] | To court her? | 同意我追求她吗 |
[28:54] | To marry her. | 同意你娶她 |
[28:56] | As long as you do so quickly. | 但你要快 |
[28:58] | In the interest of Lola’s reputation. | 为了萝拉的名声着想 |
[29:00] | Gossip is already spreading about the two of you, | 关于你们的流言已经传开了 |
[29:01] | and I will not have Lola mistaken | 我不想让别人以为 |
[29:03] | for another one of your conquests. | 萝拉只是你的那些情妇之一 |
[29:05] | No. Uh… | 当然不会… |
[29:06] | I will attend, of course. | 当然 我会出席你们的婚礼 |
[29:07] | To publicly sanction this union. | 公开承认你们的结合 |
[29:09] | Francis. Mary needs you. | 弗朗西斯 玛丽找你 |
[29:11] | She’s found Antoine. | 她找到安托万了 |
[29:21] | Antoine. | 安托万 |
[29:23] | Thought you’d retired for the evening. | 我以为你已经离开了 |
[29:26] | My apologies, cousin. | 抱歉 表弟 |
[29:28] | We know you’re here to meet Nicholas. | 我们知道你出来是为了见尼古拉斯 |
[29:30] | He’s not coming. | 他不会来了 |
[29:31] | You no longer have an alliance with England. | 你不可能与英格兰结盟 |
[29:33] | Only one path remains. | 你只有一条路可走 |
[29:35] | Sign away your claim to my throne, right now, | 签字放弃法国继承权 就现在 |
[29:37] | and I will make sure that your brother comes home alive. | 我会保证你弟弟活着回家 |
[29:40] | I give you my assurance as King, | 我用国王的名义保证 |
[29:43] | France will protect you. | 法国会保护你 |
[29:47] | King Francis… | 弗朗西斯国王… |
[29:48] | Francis? | 弗朗西斯 |
[29:52] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[29:54] | No you’re not, you’re sick. | 不 你病了 |
[29:56] | That’s why you’ve barely been at court. | 所以你才鲜少出现在宫廷里 |
[29:57] | They’ve been hiding you away. | 他们把你藏起来了 |
[29:58] | Sign it. | 签了它 |
[30:00] | You’re in such a rush for me to sign tonight. | 你这么急着让我今晚就签下它 |
[30:01] | It’s not because you’re ill. Are you dying? | 不是因为你病了 你快死了吗 |
[30:03] | – Francis is recovering. – Enough! | -弗朗西斯正在康复 -够了 |
[30:05] | I can’t be expected to sign away my claim | 国王时日无多了 我怎能 |
[30:07] | – to a dying king. – It’s true. | -放弃继承权 -没错 |
[30:10] | I’m dying. | 我是时日无多了 |
[30:12] | But a dying King is capable of anything. | 但将死的国王什么都做得出来 |
[30:14] | Antoine, I could kill you… | 安托万 我可以杀了你… |
[30:15] | right here… I could march | 就在这里… 我可以派兵 |
[30:16] | on Navarre and crush it. | 去灭了纳瓦拉 |
[30:18] | Are you threatening me with war? | 你在用挑起战争来威胁我吗 |
[30:20] | Now, your father was a tyrant and a brute, | 你的父亲是一个残忍的暴君 |
[30:21] | but you’re not that kind of King. | 但你不是那样的国王 |
[30:23] | It’s not in your nature. | 你本性并非如此 |
[30:25] | I’m going back to Navarre. | 我要回纳瓦拉去 |
[30:30] | My God. | 天啊 |
[30:36] | When I die, | 我死了之后 |
[30:37] | Mary and Charles will rule | 玛丽和查尔斯会上位 |
[30:39] | and you will not rise against them. | 而你不能违抗他们 |
[30:41] | Have you gone mad? | 你们疯了吗 |
[30:43] | You misjudged me, Antoine. | 你错了 安托万 |
[30:45] | I’m my father’s son. | 我继承了父亲的个性 |
[30:49] | Sign away your claim | 签字放弃继承权吧 |
[30:50] | or I will gather my forces at your borders, | 否则我会在你的边境集结军队 |
[30:52] | ransack your cities, pillage your gold… I don’t care | 洗劫你的城市 掠夺你的黄金 |
[30:55] | if I have to run France into the ground, | 我不在乎是否会使法国国库空虚 |
[30:57] | I will take your country. | 我会拿下你的国家 |
[30:58] | Mary, convince your husband to see sense. | 玛丽 让你的丈夫理智一点 |
[31:01] | Remember why you came here… | 记住你来此的目的… |
[31:03] | to save your brother, to protect your family. | 是为了救你的弟弟 保护你的家人 |
[31:06] | Sign, please, before you lose everything. | 请签字吧 在失去一切之前 |
[31:26] | I will abdicate my claim. | 我会放弃我的继承权 |
[31:29] | Charles will rule. | 查尔斯将会登基 |
[31:38] | – Another attack? – A young peasant woman in the narrows. | -又有人被袭击 -在峡口 一个年轻农妇 |
[31:41] | Stabbed in the chest. | 被刺中胸部 |
[31:43] | The woman’s heart– was it removed | 她的心脏 和别人一样 |
[31:45] | like the others? | 被取走了吗 |
[31:46] | No, my Lord. She survived. | 没有 大人 她活下来了 |
[31:48] | Neighbors heard her scream and rushed outside. | 邻居们听到她的叫声都跑出来了 |
[31:50] | The killer had already fled. | 但凶手已经逃走 |
[31:52] | But we have a surviving witness. | 但这个目击证人活下来了 |
[31:53] | She’s in a peasant house in the village, unconscious. | 她现在就在村里的一户农家里 昏迷不醒 |
[31:56] | Shall I stand guard until she wakes? | 需要我去看着 等她醒来吗 |
[31:58] | I need to know what this woman saw. I’ll go myself. | 我要知道她看到了什么 我去 |
[32:02] | I know Charles’s behavior concerns you. | 我知道你担心查尔斯的行为 |
[32:05] | Let me think. | 我想想啊 |
[32:07] | He’s lied to our faces, stolen opium, | 他当着我们的面撒谎 偷了鸦片 |
[32:10] | and endangered the life of a young girl. | 还危害一个年轻女孩的生命 |
[32:12] | Yes. Let’s talk about it after the wedding. | 是啊 等婚礼过后我们再说吧 |
[32:17] | Ambassador. | 大使 |
[32:18] | Surprised to see you here | 你和纳瓦拉私下交易之后 |
[32:19] | after your dealings with Navarre. | 竟然还在这里真让人吃惊啊 |
[32:20] | I was only doing my job… | 我只是在做我的工作 |
[32:22] | protecting Elizabeth’s interests. | 维护伊丽莎白的利益 |
[32:23] | No, I would call it spying. | 不 这纯粹是间谍行径 |
[32:25] | All diplomats are spies. | 所有外交官都是间谍 |
[32:27] | We trade in information. | 我们交易信息 |
[32:28] | Your health, for example. | 例如您的健康 |
[32:30] | My condolences, King Francis. | 向您表示哀悼 弗朗西斯国王 |
[32:33] | What do you want? Is Elizabeth | 你想要什么 |
[32:34] | – also sending her condolences? – No, | -伊丽莎白也送来了哀悼吗 -没有 |
[32:36] | she’s sending 6,000 peacekeepers into Scotland. | 她送了六千名维和人员去苏格兰 |
[32:39] | “Peacekeepers”? | “维和人员” |
[32:41] | Is that what she’s calling her soldiers now? | 她现在这样称呼她的军队吗 |
[32:43] | It has a pleasant, nonaggressive ring to it, | 这样听起来比较温和愉快 |
[32:45] | but they will crush your supporters | 但他们会摧毁你的支持者们 |
[32:47] | and your French forces nonetheless. | 当然还有法国军队 |
[32:50] | This is an act of war. | 这是战争行动 |
[32:51] | We will not bow to the English, not in France or in Scotland. | 法国或者苏格兰绝不会向英格兰人卑躬屈膝 |
[32:54] | Tell your queen that | 告诉你们的女王 |
[32:56] | I will fight for Scotland | 只要我有一息尚存 |
[32:57] | until my last breath. | 就会为苏格兰抗争到底 |
[33:07] | I will not abandon your country, Mary, I promise. | 我不会放弃你的国家 玛丽 我保证 |
[33:10] | We can’t afford to keep on fighting. | 我们没有资金继续战争了 |
[33:12] | We don’t have the soldiers, we don’t have the gold. | 我们没有士兵也没有金钱 |
[33:16] | Catherine was right about Elizabeth. | 凯瑟琳对伊丽莎白的评价是对的 |
[33:18] | She’ll never retreat. | 她绝对不会撤退 |
[33:20] | – I… – You haven’t lost me yet. | -我… -你还没失去我 |
[33:26] | I’m still here, at your side. | 我还在你身边 |
[34:36] | Mary, what are you doing up here? | 玛丽 你在这里做什么 |
[34:39] | Come back to the celebration. | 回宴会去吧 |
[34:43] | I can’t marry Charles. | 我不能嫁给查尔斯 |
[34:45] | I-I know that you’re worried about him, | 我知道你担心他 |
[34:48] | worried that France can’t sustain a prolonged war, but… | 担心法国无法支撑一场持久战 但是 |
[34:51] | – the alliance… – The alliance is not | -同盟… -这么多年来 |
[34:53] | what has protected Scotland all these years. | 并非同盟关系在保护苏格兰 |
[34:56] | It’s you. | 而是你 |
[34:58] | It’s your love for me. | 是你对我的爱 |
[35:02] | When you threatened Antoine with war, | 你以战争威胁安托万时 |
[35:04] | I could see it in your eyes, you meant it. | 我能从你的眼神中看出来 你是认真的 |
[35:06] | There is nothing you wouldn’t do for me. | 你为了我会不惜一切 |
[35:08] | How can I expect the same of Charles? | 查尔斯又怎会如此对我 |
[35:11] | We don’t know what kind of king he’ll be, | 我们不知道他会成为什么样的国王 |
[35:13] | what kind of man. | 什么样的男人 |
[35:15] | He won’t be you, Francis. | 但怎么都不会是你 弗朗西斯 |
[35:17] | He won’t have your heart– he won’t have to take care | 他不会跟你一样 一心只为 |
[35:20] | of his own country. | 自己的国家 |
[35:22] | And France is weakening with its King. | 法国有这样的国王力量会削弱 |
[35:26] | And when you die… | 等你去世… |
[35:27] | The alliance will die with me. | 同盟关系会随我而去 |
[35:37] | If you don’t marry Charles, what will you do? | 如果你不嫁给查尔斯 你想怎么做 |
[35:40] | Intelligence from Spain. | 西班牙那边传来消息 |
[35:45] | Prince Don Carlos is their next king, | 唐·卡洛斯王子会成为下任国王 |
[35:47] | and according to this message, | 根据这一消息所说 |
[35:49] | he has begun secretly looking for a wife. | 他已经开始秘密寻找妻子了 |
[35:56] | Spain has the strongest navy in the world. | 西班牙拥有世界上最强大的海军 |
[35:59] | It could protect Scotland. | 它能保护苏格兰 |
[36:01] | I hate talking | 我讨厌这样说 |
[36:02] | like this, thinking like this. | 讨厌这样去想 |
[36:04] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[36:05] | I just need to make sure that | 我只想确保 |
[36:06] | the ones that I love are safe after I’m gone. | 我爱的人在我去世后能够安全 |
[36:12] | If you leave France, | 如果你离开法国 |
[36:13] | someone else will have to watch over Charles. | 就得有其他人盯着查尔斯 |
[36:16] | Yes. | 对 |
[36:18] | Someone devoted to the Valois line. | 一个忠于瓦卢瓦王朝的人 |
[36:21] | Someone who will protect your family and your country, | 一个愿意保护你的家人和你的国家 |
[36:24] | no matter the cost to themselves. | 为此不惜一切代价的人 |
[36:28] | No. | 不 |
[36:30] | How could you even consider her? | 你怎么能考虑她呢 |
[36:31] | She just blackmailed Elizabeth, and offered up her life | 她刚勒索了伊丽莎白 以性命为代价 |
[36:35] | to be sure the Bourbons never threaten her children again. | 来换取波旁家族永不威胁她的孩子 |
[36:38] | If England had called her bluff, she would have died. | 如果英格兰识破了她 她就没命了 |
[36:40] | She’s been a danger to you one too many times. | 她对你构成了太多次威胁 |
[36:47] | She saw me as a threat to her sons. | 她将我视为对她儿子的威胁 |
[36:50] | But when I lose you | 但如果我失去你 |
[36:52] | and leave France, I won’t be anymore. | 离开法国 那我就不再是威胁了 |
[36:56] | She will protect your family. | 她会保护你的家人 |
[36:59] | She’ll keep them safe. | 她会保证他们的安全 |
[37:09] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[37:10] | You’re safe now. | 你现在安全了 |
[37:12] | Who did this to you? | 谁把你弄成这样的 |
[37:13] | Was it the witch? Was it Delphine? | 是那个女巫戴尔芬吗 |
[37:16] | I-I… | 我… |
[37:16] | don’t know who it was. | 不知道是谁 |
[37:19] | I couldn’t see his face in the dark. | 那么黑我看不清他的脸 |
[37:21] | – His face? – He tried to cut me open. | -他的脸 -他想把我开膛破肚 |
[37:23] | He tried to take my heart. | 他想取走我的心 |
[37:26] | I’ll call off the search for Delphine. | 我去叫大家不要再找戴尔芬了 |
[37:28] | No. Keep looking for her. | 不 继续找她 |
[37:30] | Knock on every door in every village. | 村子里挨家挨户去找 |
[37:31] | – I don’t understand. – Delphine predicted that evil | -我不明白 -戴尔芬预测说 |
[37:33] | would strike the castle, then the village. | 邪恶会先袭击城堡 然后是村子 |
[37:36] | The young people I found in the boat both worked in the castle. | 我在船上发现的那个年轻人在城堡干活 |
[37:38] | This woman works here in the village. | 这个女人在村子里干活 |
[37:40] | If we find Delphine, we might be able | 如果找到戴尔芬 说不定能 |
[37:41] | to stop the killer before he strikes again. | 阻止那个杀手再次行动 |
[37:46] | Thank you, Francis, for granting my release. | 弗朗西斯 谢谢你同意释放我 |
[37:50] | You have Mary to thank for that. | 这你得谢谢玛丽 |
[37:53] | She called off the engagement with Charles | 为了我们两国的利益 |
[37:55] | for the sake of both our countries. | 她取消了与查尔斯的婚约 |
[37:58] | She suggested I reconsider you. | 她建议我再考虑一下你 |
[38:02] | She does have her moments, doesn’t she? | 她现在的确很得意啊 是吗 |
[38:09] | Promise me. | 答应我 |
[38:12] | I’ll look after her. | 我会照顾她 |
[38:15] | I will look after everyone. | 我会照顾所有人 |
[38:17] | I promise you. | 我答应你 |
[38:23] | I know I’ve done terrible things. | 我知道我做过坏事 |
[38:27] | I’m sorry I wasn’t the mother that you wanted me to be. | 对不起我没成为你想要的那种母亲 |
[38:30] | I did my best. | 我已经尽力了 |
[38:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:35] | In your own way. | 你是用你自己的方式 |
[38:44] | I must rest now. | 我得休息了 |
[38:58] | I appreciate all that you’ve done for me. | 感谢你为我做的一切 |
[39:04] | Catherine… | 凯瑟琳… |
[39:07] | Don Carlos of Spain. | 西班牙的唐·卡洛斯 |
[39:09] | It was your spies | 是你派出的间谍 |
[39:10] | that got that information to me, wasn’t it, | 给我的消息 对吗 |
[39:12] | so I could make a new alliance? | 好让我找到新的同盟 |
[39:15] | I knew you couldn’t leave France empty-handed. | 我知道你不会空手离开法国 |
[39:24] | Is there anything I can bring you? | 你有什么需要的吗 |
[39:26] | I’ve sent for oranges from the trees in Nice. | 我已经派人从尼斯带橙子回来 |
[39:29] | They’ll be arriving tomorrow morning. | 他们明天早上就到了 |
[39:31] | I don’t care about any of that anymore. | 我不在乎那些东西了 |
[39:35] | I just want more time with you. | 我只想让你多陪我一会儿 |
[39:59] | Did my wife enjoy her wedding day? | 我的妻子对今天的婚礼还满意吗 |
[40:05] | Congratulations to you both. | 恭喜你们两位 |
[40:08] | – Catherine. – How was the ceremony? | -凯瑟琳 -婚礼如何 |
[40:11] | I wouldn’t know, as you seem to have forgotten my invitation. | 我不知道 因为你们好像忘记邀请我了 |
[40:14] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[40:16] | Well, this might seem a bit awkward, | 虽然可能有点奇怪 |
[40:18] | but my son has asked me back into his life. | 但我儿子要我回到他的生活中 |
[40:21] | So here I am. | 所以我就来了 |
[40:23] | Back in your lives, too. | 也回到了你们的生活里 |
[40:26] | May they be long and healthy. | 祝他们健康长寿 |