时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Gideon, we can’t. | 吉迪恩 我们不能这样 |
[00:04] | – I’m sorry, I just, um… – We might be friends, | -很抱歉 我… -我们可以做朋友 |
[00:06] | but our countries are still enemies. | 但我们的国家仍是敌人 |
[00:08] | It’s one thing to pretend, but to let this be real… | 我们必须假装 一旦成真… |
[00:10] | You’re pregnant. I’ve already arranged | 你怀孕了 我已经决定 |
[00:11] | to give the child to a loving family. | 把这个孩子送给别人了 |
[00:13] | Amy Dudley is dead. | 艾米·达德利死了 |
[00:15] | A servant at the Dudley’s country house found her body. | 达德利乡间别墅的仆人发现了她的尸体 |
[00:17] | She was at the bottom of the stairs with a broken neck. | 她摔到楼下 断了脖子 |
[00:19] | And now rumors are already spreading | 现在谣言已经四散传开了 |
[00:21] | that Dudley murdered his wife. | 称是达德利谋杀了他的妻子 |
[00:22] | He might hang as a murderer. | 他可能会因谋杀被绞死 |
[00:23] | Do you want to be accused as well? | 你也想吗 |
[00:25] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 |
[00:26] | We cannot be seen together. | 不能让别人看到我们在一起 |
[00:27] | I have my kingdom and the future | 我有自己的国家和未来 |
[00:29] | of my reign to consider. | 我要考虑自己的王位 |
[00:31] | I’m going to ask the Vatican for funds. | 我要去向罗马教廷请求拨款 |
[00:33] | I no longer have French soldiers to rely on. | 我无法再依靠法国士兵了 |
[00:35] | And Scottish Catholic forces are severely depleted. | 而苏格兰天主教力量严重匮乏 |
[00:38] | Queen Elizabeth will see your raising a Catholic army | 伊丽莎白女王会把你集结天主教军队 |
[00:40] | as an act of aggression. | 当做侵略行为 |
[00:41] | This is about taking what is mine. | 此事是因为她想夺取属于我的东西 |
[00:54] | So this is what my receiving line | 我的迎宾队列 |
[00:56] | has been reduced to– | 就减少到了这个地步 |
[00:58] | an English spy? | 只有一个英格兰间谍吗 |
[00:59] | Queen Mary, how was Rome? | 玛丽王后 罗马怎么样 |
[01:02] | I see your valet Jeffrey | 看来你的仆人杰弗里 |
[01:04] | has returned from England. | 从英格兰回来了 |
[01:05] | Are you officially reporting to him now? | 你现在得向他报告了吗 |
[01:07] | Your trip to the Vatican has caused some… | 你去罗马教廷的旅途导致了 |
[01:09] | problems for me with Elizabeth. | 我和伊丽莎白的一些问题 |
[01:11] | – What does she know? – That you wish to return to Scotland, | -她知道什么 -你想回苏格兰 |
[01:13] | but because the Protestants have taken over, | 但是因为新教徒掌权了 |
[01:15] | you need an army to return home safely | 你需要一支军队才能安全回家 |
[01:17] | and went to Rome to ask for one. | 而你前往罗马请求支援 |
[01:18] | As I warned you, she was displeased. | 我警告过你 她很不高兴 |
[01:22] | So I shouldn’t have gone to the Vatican, is that it? | 所以我不该去罗马教廷 是这样吗 |
[01:25] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[01:26] | What’s happened? Mary. | 出什么事了 玛丽 |
[01:29] | The Vatican has refused to fund my mission | 罗马教廷很有礼貌地拒绝了 |
[01:32] | to reclaim my throne. Respectfully. | 为我夺回王位提供资金 |
[01:35] | Gideon, I have lost everything. | 吉迪恩 我失去了一切 |
[01:36] | My mother, my husband… and now my country. | 我妈妈 丈夫 现在是我的国家 |
[01:39] | And not even Rome will help me get it back. | 罗马也不肯帮我夺回来 |
[01:43] | Mary, I… | 玛丽 我… |
[01:46] | I’m so sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[01:49] | Even if I tried to return home, who’s to say | 就算我试图回家 谁会肯定 |
[01:52] | Elizabeth would let me cross the English Channel safely? | 伊丽莎白会让我安全横过英吉利海峡 |
[01:54] | I’m trapped here. | 我被困在这里了 |
[01:57] | I’m going to have to tell Elizabeth about this. | 我得告诉伊丽莎白这事 |
[02:00] | I know you do. | 我知道 |
[02:02] | She’d learn soon enough anyway. | 反正她迟早会知道 |
[02:07] | This is for your daughter. | 这是给你女儿的 |
[02:08] | I saw it in Rome. | 我在罗马看到的 |
[02:10] | Agatha will love it. Thank you. | 阿加莎会喜欢的 谢谢 |
[02:16] | Mary. Welcome back. Oh, I’m sorry | 玛丽 欢迎回来 真抱歉 |
[02:18] | I wasn’t there to greet you. | 我没能出去欢迎你 |
[02:20] | I was planning my tour of the provinces for the spring. | 我在计划春季去外省的旅行 |
[02:23] | Oh, the regency suits you. | 摄政王很适合你嘛 |
[02:24] | I did see you arriving from my window. | 我从窗户里看到你来了 |
[02:26] | I couldn’t help but notice you talking | 我不由得注意到你 |
[02:28] | with the English ambassador at some length. | 跟英格兰大使详谈了一番 |
[02:32] | I was lying to him, | 我在骗他 |
[02:34] | telling him my mission in Rome was a failure. | 告诉他我在罗马的任务失败了 |
[02:37] | The Vatican was steadfastly behind me. | 罗马教廷依然支持我 |
[02:40] | They’ve agreed to help me gather any forces I need. | 他们同意帮我召集我需要的军队 |
[02:43] | Oh, you’re playing possum while building a Catholic army. | 你明里装傻 暗地里却在组建天主教军队 |
[02:46] | My enemies in England and Scotland | 我在英格兰和苏格兰的敌人 |
[02:48] | can’t stop me if they don’t know my plans. | 如果不知道我的计划 就没法阻止我 |
[02:50] | The element of surprise will help when you arrive. | 等你抵达时 他们的震惊能帮你不少忙 |
[02:54] | You do have many Protestants against you– | 有许多新教徒都反对你 |
[02:56] | that zealot John Knox, | 那个狂热的约翰·诺克斯 |
[02:58] | not to mention the Highland tribes, | 还有苏格兰高地的部落 |
[02:59] | with disregard for any monarchy. | 不尊重任何君主 |
[03:02] | Elizabeth cannot know, either. | 伊丽莎白也不能知道 |
[03:04] | So Gideon must be kept in the dark. | 所以必须瞒住吉迪恩 |
[03:06] | Is that difficult for you– to lie to him? | 骗他对你来说很难吗 |
[03:09] | No, it’s not difficult at all. | 一点也不难 |
[03:11] | Before you left for Rome I couldn’t help but notice | 你前往罗马之前 我忍不住注意到 |
[03:12] | you were spending a lot of time together. | 你们经常待在一起 |
[03:15] | There seems to be… | 好像… |
[03:18] | a connection between you. | 你俩之间有私人关系 |
[03:20] | Are you encouraging me to take an English spy as my lover? | 你在鼓励我和英格兰间谍当情人吗 |
[03:24] | As Francis’ mother, | 作为弗朗西斯的母亲 |
[03:25] | if you want permission, I give it to you. | 如果你想要许可 我给你 |
[03:28] | Take some comfort. | 找一些安慰嘛 |
[03:31] | Just remember: | 记住 |
[03:31] | enjoy him but never trust him. | 好好享受他 但别信任他 |
[03:34] | If forced to take a side, | 如果被迫选择站边 |
[03:35] | Gideon will always choose Elizabeth. | 吉迪恩永远都会选择伊丽莎白 |
[03:47] | Your Highness? | 陛下 |
[03:50] | Your Highness? | 陛下 |
[03:52] | As we were saying– without an heir, | 我们在说 您没有继承人 |
[03:55] | and-and in the wake of the recent assassination attempt | 紧接着最近还有对您的刺杀企图 |
[03:57] | against you, we urge you to name a successor immediately. | 我们恳请您立刻任命一个继承人 |
[04:01] | I am recovered, | 我康复了 |
[04:02] | healthy and strong. | 健康坚强 |
[04:04] | But I’m sure you have suggestions for my successor. | 但我相信你肯定有人选推荐吧 |
[04:07] | We recommend Henry Hastings, third earl of Huntingdon. | 我们推荐亨利·黑斯廷斯 第三代亨廷顿伯爵 |
[04:10] | A man of royal blood, | 一个有皇家血统的人 |
[04:12] | a devout Protestant, | 虔诚的新教徒 |
[04:13] | he’d make a fine king. | 他会成为很棒的国王 |
[04:15] | But, as you’ve all been | 但是 虽然你们 |
[04:16] | pressuring me for weeks, | 压迫了我几周时间 |
[04:17] | I’ve made my choice. | 但我已经做出了选择 |
[04:19] | This is good news, Your Majesty. | 这是好消息 陛下 |
[04:24] | Should I die, the English throne | 如果我去世了 英格兰王位 |
[04:25] | will be passed to my cousin. | 将会传给我的表亲 |
[04:27] | Mary, Queen of Scots. | 苏格兰女王玛丽 |
[04:31] | Your… cousin? | 你的表亲 |
[04:33] | – She’s a… – Catholic? A woman? | -她是 -天主教徒 女人 |
[04:36] | Yes. She also has a claim | 是的 她也有权 |
[04:38] | to my throne, and should she accept | 继承我的王位 如果她接受了 |
[04:41] | and be named my successor, | 被任命为我的继承人 |
[04:42] | she will be publicly admitting | 她就是公开承认 |
[04:44] | that I am the rightful queen | 我是合法的女王 |
[04:46] | and hers is the weaker, secondary claim. | 她则是更弱的次级继承人 |
[04:48] | Then why would she do it? | 那她为什么要这样做 |
[04:50] | Scotland is Protestant. | 苏格兰是新教徒的 |
[04:52] | She’s all but lost her throne. And Gideon… | 她失去了王位 吉迪恩… |
[04:54] | Lord Blackburn, has informed me | 布莱克本勋爵告知我 |
[04:56] | even her support in Rome has faded. | 她在罗马的支持势力减弱了 |
[04:58] | But that can change if she marries | 但如果她嫁给了有权势的丈夫 |
[04:59] | a powerful husband, forges another alliance. | 建立另一个联盟 那一切就会改变 |
[05:02] | Which is why I’ll demand, in return, | 所以我会要求 作为交换 |
[05:04] | the power to choose her next husband. | 选择她下一任丈夫的权力 |
[05:07] | Not a foreign power, | 不是外国势力 |
[05:08] | but a weak Englishman of my choosing. | 而是我选择的一个弱小的英格兰人 |
[05:11] | Her marriage is the last card she has to play, | 她的婚姻是她的最后希望 |
[05:14] | and I intend to reach across the table | 我打算越过桌子 |
[05:16] | and claim it as my own. | 将其据为己有 |
[05:18] | That was shrewd. | 真聪明 |
[05:20] | You chose the only person they want less than you– | 你选择了他们比你更不想要的人 |
[05:23] | a Scottish, Catholic woman. | 一个苏格兰天主教女人 |
[05:25] | They wanted a successor, | 他们想要继承人 |
[05:27] | so I gave them one. | 所以我就给他们了 |
[05:29] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[05:31] | Catherine, | 凯瑟琳 |
[05:33] | – I have news. – Important enough | -我有消息 -重要到 |
[05:35] | for you to miss the privy council meeting today? | 让你错过了今天的枢密院内阁会议吗 |
[05:37] | I hope you’re still not pining for the regency. | 希望你不是还想着摄政权呢 |
[05:40] | – Water under the bridge. – I’m sure it is. | -木已成舟了 -没错 |
[05:42] | Or perhaps this has to do with your dear wife. | 还是说这和你的爱妻有关 |
[05:45] | I understand that she hasn’t answered | 我知道你发出去的信件 |
[05:46] | a single one of your letters. | 她一封也没回 |
[05:50] | Must be difficult to know she’d rather be in enemy territory | 她宁愿待在敌国也不愿待在你身边 |
[05:53] | than your bedchambers. | 你肯定很难接受吧 |
[05:55] | As I said, | 我说了 |
[05:57] | I have news. | 我有消息 |
[05:59] | I told you before that I did not | 我之前就跟你说过 |
[06:02] | frame you for Francis’ poisoning. | 我没在弗朗西斯中毒之事上陷害你 |
[06:04] | Well, I’m here to prove it. | 我有证据 |
[06:08] | 我 皇室敛尸官 在此正式声明 莫雷主教贿赂了我 让我去摘除弗朗西斯国王的身体器官 其支付了我五百金币 让我对此事保持缄默 并保管国王的尸体 皇室敛尸官 | |
[06:08] | A signed confession from the royal embalmer | 皇室敛尸官已经签字认罪 |
[06:10] | saying that he fled without removing Francis’ organs. | 承认自己没有摘除弗朗西斯的器官就逃跑了 |
[06:14] | And as I extracted the truth from him, | 由于我从他口中问出了真相 |
[06:16] | he confessed that he’d been bribed by Cardinal Morel. | 他承认自己受到莫雷主教的贿赂 |
[06:19] | the very man who drove the inquest against you. | 也就是审讯你的那个人 |
[06:22] | You would have me believe | 你是想让我相信 |
[06:23] | that the Vatican has turned against me– | 罗马教廷已经背弃了我 |
[06:25] | a Catholic royal? | 这个皇室天主教徒吗 |
[06:26] | Well, what if he were simply turned, not the Vatican? | 如果背弃你的不是罗马教廷 只是他呢 |
[06:29] | Any man can be swayed to a different purpose, even a man of the cloth. | 任何人都可以被动摇 就算他是主教也一样 |
[06:33] | – By whom? – Someone who does not want you | -被谁动摇了 -一个不希望你 |
[06:35] | as ruler of France. | 成为法国统治者的人 |
[06:38] | Oh right, someone other than me. | 好吧 除我之外的人 |
[06:41] | I only stepped in once the job became open, I swear. | 我发誓我只是在这个位置空缺时竞争了一下 |
[06:46] | You want to earn back my favor? | 你想重获我的信任吗 |
[06:47] | Find Cardinal Morel and bring him to me. | 找到莫雷主教 把他带来见我 |
[06:49] | Don’t disturb me till you’ve completed your task. | 完成任务前都别来烦我 |
[06:54] | Being the regent of France, I’m extremely busy. | 作为法国的摄政王 我忙得很 |
[06:56] | You understand. | 你懂的 |
[07:05] | Christophe. | 克里斯多夫 |
[07:07] | You can’t be in my chambers. | 你不能出现在我房间里 |
[07:10] | I’m gonna have that secret passage sealed tomorrow. | 我明天就要把那个秘密通道封起来 |
[07:13] | I needed to talk to you. | 我得和你谈谈 |
[07:15] | There’s nothing to talk about. | 我们没什么好谈的 |
[07:16] | I thought we’d finally reached an understanding– I won’t | 我还以为我们已经达成共识了 |
[07:19] | tell anyone what you did to Claude, | 我不会告诉别人你对克劳德做了什么 |
[07:21] | you keep the regency. | 你稳坐摄政王之位 |
[07:22] | But now I discover Bash is assigning me | 但现在我发现巴斯派我去 |
[07:24] | to Chambord to clear the chateau grounds of a wolf infestation. | 香波城堡清理狼群感染区域 |
[07:28] | Yes, it’s a nasty pack, I’m told. | 是啊 狼群可烦人了 我听说了 |
[07:31] | You ordered this. | 这是你下的命令 |
[07:32] | You’re sending me away for months | 你要把我送走好几个月 |
[07:34] | because you know that I will kill again. | 因为你知道我会再次杀人 |
[07:37] | But does it really change anything | 但你把我弄得远远的 |
[07:38] | for me to be far away? | 真的能改变什么吗 |
[07:40] | I’d feel better. | 我心里会舒服很多 |
[07:41] | – Because you won’t see it? – Yes. | -眼不见心不烦吗 -没错 |
[07:42] | Because it won’t be happening | 因为那就不会发生在 |
[07:43] | under my own roof. | 我眼皮子底下 |
[07:45] | Well. If it will make you feel better. | 好吧 你高兴就好 |
[07:49] | Is there really no way for you to stop? | 你真的不能收手吗 |
[07:52] | No. | 不能 |
[07:54] | I’m sure | 我很确定 |
[07:55] | I will enjoy hunting in Chambord. | 我会享受在香波城堡的狩猎之旅的 |
[07:58] | But I will miss you, Catherine. | 但我会想你的 凯瑟琳 |
[08:11] | You look like my friend Greer. | 你长得真像我的朋友葛瑞尔 |
[08:13] | She’s a lovely girl, | 她是个可爱的姑娘 |
[08:14] | thriving business, | 事业蒸蒸日上 |
[08:15] | hasn’t been to court in weeks. | 好几周都没去宫里看我了 |
[08:17] | She sounds familiar. | 听起来真耳熟 |
[08:19] | I’m sorry I’ve been away so often. | 抱歉我总是频繁外出 |
[08:22] | Uh, truth be told, I-I haven’t been feeling well. | 说实话 我最近感觉不太好 |
[08:24] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. | 不会吧 |
[08:26] | I hope it’s nothing serious. | 希望不是什么大事 |
[08:27] | No, no, nothing serious. | 不不 不是什么大事 |
[08:30] | I really have missed you, Greer. | 我真的很想你 葛瑞尔 |
[08:32] | With Lola gone, I’ve been… | 萝拉一走 我… |
[08:34] | I didn’t come here to feel sorry for myself. | 我不是来自怨自艾的 |
[08:36] | I came to share some good news. | 我是来跟你分享好消息的 |
[08:38] | I’ll be returning to Scotland soon, | 我马上就要回苏格兰了 |
[08:40] | but no one must know. | 但没人知道 |
[08:41] | Mary, that’s wonderful. | 玛丽 那太好了 |
[08:43] | I want you to come with me. | 我想要你和我一起回去 |
[08:45] | At the very least, I’m going to need a flying squadron of Scottish spies. | 至少我需要一队苏格兰间谍 |
[08:49] | I don’t suppose there’s any way | 我想你应该不可能 |
[08:51] | you could wait till summer to return? | 等得到夏天再回去吧 |
[08:53] | Summer? | 夏天 |
[08:54] | Greer, I’m coordinating an entire army in secret. | 葛瑞尔 我暗中调动了一整支军队 |
[08:58] | There’s only a small window of time that I can return. | 我能回去的时间有限 |
[09:00] | Yes, of-of course. | 是啊 当然 |
[09:03] | Is this an order then? | 那这是命令吗 |
[09:06] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[09:07] | Please try to understand. | 但你得理解我 |
[09:08] | I’ve made a new life for myself here, | 我在这里已经开始了新生活 |
[09:10] | and though it may seem | 虽然在你眼中这可能无足轻重 |
[09:11] | insignificant to you, it is everything to me. | 但对我来说 这就是我的一切 |
[09:15] | Mary, if you command it, I will return with you. | 玛丽 如果这是个命令的话 我会和你回去 |
[09:17] | But… | 但是 |
[09:18] | I’m asking for permission to stay. | 我希望你允许我留下来 |
[09:22] | Of course you have permission. | 这当然没问题 |
[09:24] | I’m just surprised. | 我只是有点惊讶 |
[09:27] | All right. | 好了 |
[09:27] | I should be returning to the castle. | 我得回城堡去了 |
[09:31] | Thank y… | 谢谢你… |
[09:43] | Archbishop Ridolfi. My guards didn’t tell me you’re here. | 里多菲大主教 我的侍卫没告知我您的到来 |
[09:46] | What are you doing in France? | 您到法国来做什么 |
[09:48] | Have you been having any problems | 您在为我的任务 |
[09:49] | getting the support you need for my mission? | 获取支持上遇到麻烦了吗 |
[09:51] | I assure you I have kept Elizabeth | 我向您保证 |
[09:52] | – completely in the dark. – No, my child. | -我完全让伊丽莎白蒙在鼓里了 -不是的 |
[09:54] | Our plans are moving as we’d hoped. | 我们的计划如约进行的很好 |
[09:56] | But there’s been a new development in England. | 但是英格兰那边有了新的进展 |
[09:58] | Our spies have learned that Elizabeth | 我们的间谍获知 |
[10:00] | is sending you an offer | 伊丽莎白正意图 |
[10:01] | to succeed her as queen of England. | 将你任命为她的继承人 |
[10:03] | In return, | 作为回报 |
[10:05] | she will choose your next husband. | 她有权选择你的下一任丈夫人选 |
[10:09] | Accepting would mean conceding | 如果我接受她的请求就意味着 |
[10:11] | that she is the rightful queen of England. | 她是英格兰的合法女王 |
[10:13] | As for the husband, she’ll choose somebody | 而丈夫的人选 她一定会选择 |
[10:15] | benefitting England, not Scotland. | 有利英格兰而非苏格兰的 |
[10:16] | Mary, when the offer comes, you are going to accept. | 玛丽 当她提出时 你得接受 |
[10:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:20] | She seeks to disempower me | 她想逼迫我嫁给 |
[10:22] | by forcing me into a marriage with whatever weak suitor | 她选的那些懦弱的求婚者 |
[10:25] | she chooses– most likely a Protestant, mind you. | 从而攫取我的权利 那人可能还是新教徒呢 |
[10:27] | Don’t worry about the marriage. | 别担心婚姻的事 |
[10:29] | Rome will help you, and you will help Rome. | 罗马会帮你 而你也得帮罗马 |
[10:31] | How does this help Rome? | 这怎么就能帮到罗马了 |
[10:33] | Mary, we want a Catholic ruling England. | 玛丽 我们想要一个天主教徒统治英格兰 |
[10:36] | Once you’re officially named her successor | 一旦你正式成为她的继承人 |
[10:38] | Elizabeth will be… | 伊丽莎白就会 |
[10:41] | removed. | 被除掉 |
[10:43] | First, we are going to help you retake Scotland. | 首先 我们要帮你重掌苏格兰 |
[10:46] | And then we are going to put you on the English throne. | 接着 我们要让你坐上英格兰的王位 |
[11:01] | Christophe left for Chambord this morning. | 克里斯多夫今早离开去香波城堡了 |
[11:03] | It will be months before you see him at court again. | 你得隔好几个月才会在宫里再看到他了 |
[11:05] | Thank you, Sebastian. | 谢谢你 塞巴斯蒂安 |
[11:07] | I’d appreciate it if you’d stop using me | 如果你不再让我帮你解决私事 |
[11:09] | to clean up your personal affairs. | 我会很感激的 |
[11:13] | Ah, Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[11:15] | This is Arturo. He’s an old family friend and a leader | 这是阿图罗 一位家族旧友 |
[11:18] | of the finest theater troupe in Italy. | 也是意大利最好的歌剧院之一的老板 |
[11:21] | You met him when you were just a child. | 你小时候就见过他 |
[11:23] | And now I meet you as King of France. | 如今您已经是法国国王了 |
[11:26] | It is a great honor to perform for your court. | 能为您表演是我的荣幸 |
[11:28] | Mother tells me your troupe performs all over Europe. | 母亲告诉我你们剧团在全欧洲巡演 |
[11:31] | Thanks to the generous patronage of the Medici family. | 多亏了梅第奇家族的慷慨资助 |
[11:34] | But tonight’s performance will be | 但今晚的表演将会是 |
[11:36] | unlike anything you have seen. | 您见所未见的 |
[11:38] | It is an Italian comedy. | 我们将演一场意大利喜剧 |
[11:40] | Wonderful. We could use a happy ending. | 太好了 我们喜欢美满的结局 |
[11:43] | What better way to celebrate your rule and mine, huh? | 这样最能庆祝我们的统治 对吗 |
[11:47] | And I expect both you and your sister to be there. | 我希望你和你姐姐都能出席 |
[11:50] | Your Majesty, | 陛下 |
[11:51] | Queen Mary wishes to speak with you. | 玛丽女王希望和您谈话 |
[11:53] | Privately. | 私下谈 |
[11:54] | I did not misunderstand. | 我没理解错 |
[11:56] | They plan to kill Elizabeth | 他们打算在伊丽莎白 |
[11:57] | after she names me her successor. | 将我指定为继承人后杀了她 |
[12:00] | You know that I spent time with Elizabeth, | 我是和伊丽莎白相处过一段时间 |
[12:01] | and I liked her. But she is your foe. | 也很喜欢她 但她是你的敌人 |
[12:04] | Catherine, she is my cousin. | 凯瑟琳 她是我的表亲 |
[12:05] | Mary, her death would mean | 玛丽 她的死意味着 |
[12:07] | the end your rivalry. | 结束你们的敌对 |
[12:09] | You can unite England and Scotland under your rule. | 你可以统治英格兰和苏格兰 |
[12:13] | You yourself said that it’s important not to set a precedent | 你也说过杀害君主的先例 |
[12:16] | of killing monarchs. | 不可轻留 |
[12:17] | You wouldn’t be killing anyone. The Vatican would. | 你不用杀人 杀人的是罗马教廷 |
[12:19] | How thinly veiled is that? | 那我也脱不了干系 |
[12:22] | After a bitter rivalry, I take Elizabeth’s throne | 激烈的敌对之后 我获得了伊丽莎白的王位 |
[12:25] | and benefit from her death? | 并从她的死中获益 |
[12:26] | The world would blame me. | 全世界都会指责我 |
[12:28] | There is every chance | 极有可能 |
[12:30] | I would be struck down in retaliation. | 我会遭到报复而死 |
[12:31] | The Vatican must know that. | 罗马教廷肯定知道这点 |
[12:37] | I’m just a pawn, aren’t I? | 我只是颗棋子 对吗 |
[12:41] | Even if I were assassinated, they’d just… | 就算我被暗杀了 他们也会 |
[12:43] | replace me with the next Catholic in line. | 再用另一个天主教君主取代我 |
[12:45] | A man would be their preference, don’t you think? | 这次他们就会选个男人了 你说呢 |
[12:49] | Certainly, I believe your thinking is right. | 你说的当然没错 |
[12:52] | But the question is, what are you going to do about it? | 但问题是 你要怎么办 |
[12:56] | This is the Vatican. | 对方可是罗马教廷 |
[12:57] | You can’t just say “No, thank you” and walk away. | 你没办法说句”不用 谢谢”转身就走 |
[12:59] | If you decline Rome’s advice, | 要是你拒绝了罗马的建议 |
[13:01] | you will lose its gold, its armies. | 你就失去了他们的资金 军队 |
[13:04] | And I will be powerless to take back Scotland | 我就毫无从新教徒手中 |
[13:06] | – from the Protestants. – So what will you do, | -夺回苏格兰的资本了 -那你要怎么办 |
[13:08] | try to save Elizabeth or your country? | 救伊丽莎白还是你的国家 |
[13:17] | Here. It’s chilly. | 给 这里很冷 |
[13:20] | Do you treat all your political hostages so kindly? | 你对所有的政治人质都这么友好吗 |
[13:23] | Only the ones I find useful. | 只有对我有用的人 |
[13:25] | And you, Lola, have been very helpful. | 而你 萝拉 非常有用 |
[13:32] | Are we taking another detour to the village? | 我们又要从村子里绕路吗 |
[13:35] | To that same gray townhouse, | 还去那个你会在里面 |
[13:37] | where you disappear for several hours? | 消失几个小时的灰色别墅吗 |
[13:40] | These tours you give me | 你总是带我 |
[13:41] | of the countryside, they’re so you can see | 到村庄里就是为了见你的情人 |
[13:44] | your lover, Robert Dudley. | 罗伯特·达德利 |
[13:46] | I assure you, he is no longer my lover. | 我可以保证 他不再是我的情人了 |
[13:50] | That basket is full of wine from a vineyard near the coast. | 那个篮子里装了海岸边一个葡萄园里产的红酒 |
[13:53] | I learned this past week it’s his favorite. | 这几天我知道了 这是他的最爱 |
[13:57] | I’m sure you’re longing to have a visit | 你肯定想去苏格兰 |
[13:59] | with your son in Scotland. | 见见你的儿子 |
[14:02] | That can be arranged, | 那个可以安排 |
[14:03] | as long as you’re discreet | 只要你对我私下里 |
[14:04] | about what I do in my free time. | 做过什么事守口如瓶 |
[14:08] | Stay in the carriage. | 待在车里 |
[14:09] | Just be careful. | 小心点 |
[14:11] | Robert Dudley is publicly blamed | 公众都认为罗伯特·达德利 |
[14:13] | for the murder of his wife | 杀了他的妻子 |
[14:14] | and for besmirching your reputation. | 而且他对你的名声不利 |
[14:17] | I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say | 毫不夸张地说 |
[14:18] | he is the most hated man in all of England right now. | 他现在是全英格兰最受人厌恶的男人 |
[14:21] | I appreciate your concern. | 感谢你的关心 |
[14:23] | Stay in the carriage. | 待在车里 |
[14:31] | You shouldn’t be here, Elizabeth. | 你不该来 伊丽莎白 |
[14:34] | It’s too dangerous. Didn’t you get my note? | 太危险了 你没收到我的消息吗 |
[14:36] | I sent a messenger this morning. | 我今早派了个送信人 |
[14:37] | No one saw me. | 没人看到我 |
[14:38] | Yes. But they know I’m here. | 可他们知道我在这里 |
[14:41] | Compliments of a nobleman in the village. | 村里一个贵族的杰作 |
[14:43] | Lord Vendell. | 凡德尔勋爵 |
[14:45] | He and his friends figured out who I am. | 他和他的朋友猜出了我是谁 |
[14:47] | I’ll move you immediately. | 我马上就送你走 |
[14:49] | Where? I’ll be eventually recognized wherever I go. | 去哪儿 到哪儿终究都会被认出来 |
[14:54] | All of England despises me. | 全英格兰都蔑视我 |
[14:57] | You can’t keep coming here, Elizabeth. | 你不能再来了 伊丽莎白 |
[14:59] | It’s too much of a risk. | 太冒险了 |
[15:01] | Even for visits as innocent as these. | 尽管你只是给我送点红酒 |
[15:03] | I have no one to talk to at court. | 宫廷里没人能和我谈心 |
[15:06] | You’re gone, William’s gone. | 你不在了 威廉也不在了 |
[15:08] | Exile is too good for him. | 流放算是轻饶他了 |
[15:11] | He betrayed you, Elizabeth. | 他背叛了你 伊丽莎白 |
[15:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:14] | And I know I should stop seeing you, | 我也知道我不该再来看你 |
[15:16] | as we have no future… | 因为我们没有未来 |
[15:19] | I’m so alone. | 我太孤单了 |
[15:22] | Besides, | 再说了 |
[15:24] | you are the only man in England | 英格兰只有你一个人 |
[15:26] | who can beat me at chess. | 下棋能赢我 |
[15:56] | – What is it? – They’re going after Dudley. | -怎么回事 -他们要找达德利 |
[16:01] | He said they knew he was here. | 他说过他们知道他在这里 |
[16:02] | Come out and face us! | 出来面对我们 |
[16:05] | Murderer! | 杀人犯 |
[16:06] | Adulterer! | 奸夫 |
[16:11] | Go home, Vendell. | 回家吧 凡德尔 |
[16:13] | You’re drunk. | 你喝醉了 |
[16:14] | All of you, go home! | 你们都回家吧 |
[16:16] | This is Robert Dudley! | 他就是罗伯特·达德利 |
[16:17] | Wife murderer! | 杀妻犯 |
[16:19] | I didn’t kill my wife. | 我没杀我妻子 |
[16:20] | Liar. You brought shame on Our Majesty, the Queen! | 骗子 你让我们的女王蒙羞 |
[16:23] | You brought shame on all of England! | 你让整个英格兰蒙羞 |
[16:25] | Someone should kill him for what he’s done! | 应该有人为他的所作所为杀了他 |
[16:27] | I must fetch my guards. | 我必须去找我的守卫 |
[16:28] | You cannot intercede on his behalf, | 你不能为他说情 |
[16:30] | or all of England will know | 否则全英格兰就会知道 |
[16:31] | you’ve traveled here to visit him in secret. | 你偷偷来看他 |
[16:33] | You can’t afford more scandal. | 你承担不起这种丑闻 |
[16:34] | Who wants to see me duel with this murderer?! | 谁想看我和这个杀人犯决斗 |
[16:37] | To restore honor | 恢复英格兰的 |
[16:38] | to England! | 荣耀 |
[16:39] | You want fame, is that it? | 你想出名 对吗 |
[16:41] | You want to write your name in history. | 你想名留青史 |
[16:43] | You either duel with me, | 你要么和我决斗 |
[16:44] | or I’ll slaughter you in the night like the coward you are. | 否则我就趁夜杀了你这个懦夫 |
[16:52] | You would hang for killing an innocent man. | 杀害无辜的人 你会受到绞刑 |
[16:54] | No one in England thinks you’re innocent. | 英格兰没人相信你无辜 |
[16:57] | Grab your sword then. | 那你就拿上剑吧 |
[16:59] | We duel at dawn. | 我们黎明决斗 |
[17:12] | I know you’re a skilled swordsman, | 我知道你的剑术高超 |
[17:14] | but you do not have to do this. | 但你不必这么做 |
[17:16] | You think this is the first time I’ve been challenged to a duel? | 你以为这是我第一次被人挑衅决斗吗 |
[17:19] | It won’t stop. | 这种行为不会停 |
[17:23] | Even if I don’t fight him today, he’ll kill me. | 就算我今天不和他决斗 他也会杀了我 |
[17:25] | He thinks he can get away with it, make himself a hero. | 他觉得能逍遥法外 成为英雄 |
[17:30] | At least if I die today, | 如果我今天死了 |
[17:32] | I die fighting for your honor. | 至少我是为了你的名誉而死 |
[17:35] | And mine. | 还有我的名誉 |
[17:38] | Robert, this is Lady Lola. | 罗伯特 她是萝拉小姐 |
[17:39] | There’s something you have to know: | 你们得知道件事 |
[17:41] | Vendell is using pistols. | 凡德尔要用枪 |
[17:44] | What? How often have you fired a pistol? | 什么 你开过几次枪 |
[17:49] | You must reconsider. | 你必须重新考虑 |
[17:51] | Guns are terribly unreliable. | 枪极其不可靠 |
[17:52] | They often misfire. | 很容易哑火 |
[17:53] | Even our soldiers rarely use them in France. | 甚至我们法国的军队都不用 |
[17:55] | Robert, please. | 罗伯特 求求你 |
[17:57] | It’s too late now. | 已经太晚了 |
[17:59] | There’s no turning back. | 没有退路了 |
[18:02] | Keep your distance, so you won’t be recognized. | 离远一点 免得你被认出来 |
[18:11] | Both these weapons are yours. | 这些都是你的武器 |
[18:13] | Surely you’ll just choose the best for yourself. | 显然你会选对你最有利的 |
[18:14] | Of course not. I’m an honorable man. | 当然不是 我是个讲名誉的人 |
[18:23] | It’s a matchlock pistol. | 是火绳枪 |
[18:25] | You light the charge on top, | 你点燃顶端的绳子 |
[18:26] | and then whichever gun ignites faster fires first. | 燃得快的枪就会先开火 |
[18:34] | Please, Lord, let his fire first. | 主啊 求求你 让他先开火吧 |
[18:52] | It’s a misfire! | 哑火 |
[19:06] | He had to do it. He was challenged. | 他没有选择 他收到了挑战 |
[19:16] | What’s the play about, anyway? | 这剧是讲什么的 |
[19:18] | It’s a comedy about the love lives of royals. | 是讲皇室爱情故事的喜剧 |
[19:21] | I hear the princess is worth looking at. | 听说很值得公主观看 |
[19:24] | It’s starting. | 开始了 |
[19:31] | Welcome, all, to the Kingdom of Glory, | 欢迎来到荣耀之国 |
[19:35] | where the summers are cool | 这里夏日凉爽 |
[19:38] | and the winters fair. | 冬季温暖 |
[19:42] | The king and his queen | 国王和他的王后 |
[19:45] | share a dance on a midsummer night, | 在仲夏夜跳了一支舞 |
[19:48] | not a worry on their minds, | 无忧无虑 |
[19:50] | except who their daughter will marry. | 只烦恼他们的女儿该嫁给谁 |
[20:08] | Gideon. Come in. | 吉迪恩 进来吧 |
[20:10] | Sorry to intrude at such a late hour, | 抱歉深夜叨扰 |
[20:11] | but an offer has just arrived from Elizabeth. | 但我刚收到来自伊丽莎白的提议 |
[20:16] | She’s offered to name you her successor. | 她提出将你选为她的继承人 |
[20:19] | If you accept, she will choose your next husband. | 如果你接受 她要为你挑选丈夫 |
[20:23] | I see. | 知道了 |
[20:26] | I know it must feel insulting– | 我知道让你接受 |
[20:28] | accepting that your best hope of ruling anything | 以继承的方式去获取另一个国家的统治权 |
[20:30] | is to inherit the job in another country. | 一定让你深受侮辱 |
[20:33] | It’s a large price to be paid, for sure. | 这当然是很高的代价 |
[20:36] | I have lost Scotland. | 我已经失去了苏格兰 |
[20:38] | I am a queen without a country. | 我是一个无根的女王 |
[20:40] | Becoming Elizabeth’s successor offers the possibility | 成为伊丽莎白的继承人 |
[20:43] | that someday I may rule again. | 让我有希望有一天重掌权位 |
[20:45] | That possibility protects me. | 这种可能性会保护我 |
[20:48] | It will gain me more supporters. It’s not much, | 它会给我带来支持者 尽管不多 |
[20:50] | but right now, Gideon, what other choice do I have? | 但如今我还有什么别的选择呢 |
[20:53] | Well, there’s always another choice. | 总会有其他选择的 |
[20:56] | You work for Elizabeth. | 你为伊丽莎白工作 |
[20:58] | Your queen would benefit from this. | 你的女王可以从中获利 |
[21:00] | Shouldn’t you be convincing me to agree? | 你为什么不说服我同意 |
[21:04] | Don’t sign. | 别签字 |
[21:06] | If you sign, you weaken your own position | 如果你签了 你就削弱了自己的地位 |
[21:08] | and become known as the woman standing behind Elizabeth, | 成为站在伊丽莎白身后的女人 |
[21:11] | not a queen in your own right. | 而不是一个天生的女王 |
[21:13] | Then she’ll own you, like she owns me. | 然后你就属于她了 像我一样 |
[21:16] | You deserve more, Mary. | 你值得更多 玛丽 |
[21:20] | Why are you being so kind to me? | 你为什么对我这么好 |
[21:23] | Sometimes I get tired of the lies, the… | 有时我厌倦了谎言 |
[21:25] | tactics. | 和谋略 |
[21:28] | Or maybe I just don’t want you to marry another Englishman. | 又或者只是不想看你嫁给别的英格兰人 |
[21:41] | Finally, our daughter is happy, | 最终 我们的女儿很幸福 |
[21:43] | and all is as it should be. | 一切都很圆满 |
[21:52] | Behold this king and queen in a new light, | 重新看看这对国王和王后吧 |
[21:55] | for they have built this kingdom | 他们将这座王国 |
[21:57] | on the blood of their own subjects. | 建立在他们自己臣民的鲜血之上 |
[22:01] | Years ago, 13 Red Knights | 很多年前 十三个 |
[22:03] | valiantly served the royals | 英勇护卫皇室的红衣骑士 |
[22:06] | only to be falsely accused of worshipping a demon– | 被错误指控为崇拜一个恶魔 |
[22:11] | the Baphomet. | 巴风特 |
[22:13] | And all were executed | 而被你 |
[22:14] | by you… | 他们邪恶的王后 |
[22:16] | their wicked queen. | 处死了 |
[22:19] | Let the kingdom heed my warning: | 整个王国 听我的警告 |
[22:22] | The 13 Knights shall rise again. | 十三骑士将会回来 |
[22:26] | The debt shall be paid! | 血债血偿 |
[22:27] | Stop him! | 拦住他 |
[22:38] | Oh. Arturo, what was that? | 阿图罗 这是什么 |
[22:40] | It wasn’t part of the play. | 这不是剧的一部分 |
[22:42] | I tried to go after him, but he disappeared. | 我试图追他 但他消失了 |
[22:49] | I’ve never seen that mask before, I swear it. | 我发誓我从未见过这张面具 |
[22:52] | Then what happened? Who was he? | 那是怎么回事 他是谁 |
[22:53] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:54] | He wasn’t one of my players. | 他不是我的演员 |
[22:57] | He could be anyone. | 谁都有可能 |
[23:07] | What the hell was that play, Stephan?! | 演出是怎么回事 斯特凡 |
[23:09] | Are you trying to terrorize me?! | 试图恐吓我吗 |
[23:11] | What are talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[23:12] | You’re dredging up the past, onstage, | 你在舞台上重现过去 |
[23:14] | for everyone to see, | 给所有人看 |
[23:15] | for Charles to see. | 给查尔斯看 |
[23:16] | I have no idea | 我不知道 |
[23:17] | what Charles saw in the play | 查尔斯看到了什么 |
[23:20] | because I wasn’t there. | 因为我当时不在 |
[23:21] | I was tracking down Cardinal Morel, | 我在追踪莫雷主教 |
[23:24] | whose body washed up on a riverbank, | 他的尸体被冲刷到河边 |
[23:26] | his throat slit. | 喉咙被人割开了 |
[23:28] | He’s been dead for several weeks, at least. | 他已经死了好几周了 |
[23:31] | Well, that’s convenient, for someone. | 对某些人来说倒是方便了 |
[23:34] | Eh, clearly Morel was killed to tie up a loose end. | 显然莫雷被杀人灭口了 |
[23:37] | Let me get this straight: | 让我来梳理一下 |
[23:39] | we’re looking for someone with an aversion to loose ends, | 我们在寻找一个讨厌留下把柄 |
[23:42] | a penchant for terror tactics, | 擅长用恐吓玩弄诡计 |
[23:44] | who wouldn’t hesitate to kill a cardinal? | 会毫不犹豫杀死一个红衣主教的人 |
[23:46] | Oh, Catherine. | 凯瑟琳 |
[23:47] | – I know. It’s you. – No. | -我就知道 是你 -不是 |
[23:49] | I’m warning you, someone else is behind these attacks | 我警告你 这些袭击 |
[23:52] | and whatever nonsense happened onstage. | 和舞台上的闹剧背后 另有人指使 |
[23:56] | I am your ally. | 我是你的盟友 |
[23:58] | I will never trust you again. | 我再也不会相信你了 |
[24:02] | I’m not your wife. | 我不是你妻子 |
[24:03] | I won’t be frightened into your arms | 不会被吓得躲进你怀里 |
[24:05] | by a dead rat or a dead cardinal. | 不管是死的是老鼠还是主教 |
[24:15] | Do you like your new doll, Agatha? | 喜欢你的新娃娃吗 阿加莎 |
[24:17] | She’s beautiful. | 她很漂亮 |
[24:19] | Father? | 父亲 |
[24:20] | Queen Mary’s nicer | 玛丽女王 |
[24:21] | than Queen Elizabeth, isn’t she? | 比伊丽莎白女王善良 是吗 |
[24:24] | It’s hard to say. | 这很难说 |
[24:25] | By that I mean we shouldn’t say. | 也就是说 我们不该讨论这个 |
[24:30] | I have some work to do now. | 我现在要工作了 |
[24:31] | Why don’t you run along and play? | 去一边玩吧 |
[24:38] | Gideon, we need to talk. | 吉迪恩 我们需要谈谈 |
[24:41] | I just spoke with a spy | 一个间谍刚刚告诉我 |
[24:42] | in the village who saw Archbishop Ridolfi last night. | 他昨晚在村子里见到了大主教里多菲 |
[24:46] | Ridolfi’s a high level enforcer | 里多菲在罗马教廷 |
[24:47] | from the Vatican– it’s strange | 手握重权 |
[24:49] | he’s made no appearance at French court. | 他没有在法国宫廷公开露面 这很奇怪 |
[24:51] | I’m concerned that he might be here | 我在想他来这里 |
[24:52] | negotiating with Mary in secret. | 也许是为了和玛丽私下协商 |
[24:56] | Maybe she lied to us. | 也许她对我们说谎了 |
[24:57] | Maybe her trip to Rome wasn’t a failure | 也许她的罗马之行并非失败 |
[25:00] | and she’s gathering strength. | 她正在集结力量 |
[25:01] | How closely have you been watching her? | 你看她看得有多紧 |
[25:03] | As closely as you’ve been watching me. | 像你看我这么紧 |
[25:07] | You’re not much of a servant anymore, Jeffrey, are you? | 你不再是我的副手了对吗 杰弗里 |
[25:10] | It’s me who serves under you. | 是我受命于你 |
[25:12] | Elizabeth sent you to keep an eye on me, | 伊丽莎白派你来监视我 |
[25:14] | to make sure I do my job: seduce Mary and control her. | 确保我成功引诱并控制玛丽 |
[25:16] | Well, now’s the time. | 如今是时候了 |
[25:18] | If Mary’s actually headed | 如果玛丽成功 |
[25:19] | to Scotland with a Catholic army, | 带着天主教军队回苏格兰 |
[25:21] | she could reclaim her throne and her power. | 她就能收回她的王位和权力 |
[25:24] | Do you realize how-how dangerous this would be to Elizabeth | 你意识到这对伊丽莎白来说有多危险吗 |
[25:27] | to have her successor just beyond the border | 她的继承人带着一整支军队 |
[25:30] | with an entire army at her command? | 与她比肩而邻 |
[25:32] | That’s not a successor, that’s a replacement. | 那不是继承 而是取代 |
[25:36] | This is all theoretical, we don’t know for sure. | 这只是推测 并非事实 |
[25:38] | But if Mary’s been lying to me, | 但如果玛丽欺骗了我 |
[25:40] | if she’s still working with Rome, I’ll destroy her. | 若她还在和罗马教廷合作 我会毁了她 |
[25:43] | I know you will. | 我知道你会的 |
[25:45] | For Agatha’s sake. | 为了阿加莎 |
[25:48] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[25:49] | I know you’ll do | 我知道你会 |
[25:51] | whatever it takes. | 不惜一切代价做到 |
[26:01] | At least when they called me a murderer, | 至少他们叫我谋杀犯的时候 |
[26:03] | I knew it wasn’t true. | 我知道那不是真的 |
[26:06] | It’s true now. | 现在成真了 |
[26:08] | They will come for you. | 他们会来找你的 |
[26:10] | I am leaving, and you need to pull yourself together | 我要走了 你要振作起来 |
[26:12] | and get out of here. | 离开这里 |
[26:13] | Go north, try Lancashire. | 去北方 去兰开夏郡 |
[26:15] | I want to return to court. | 我想回宫廷 |
[26:17] | My life is there, my work, Elizabeth. | 我的生活我的工作都在那里 伊丽莎白 |
[26:19] | I can’t just roam around aimlessly forever. | 我不能就这样漫无目的地混日子 |
[26:22] | No purpose, no way to redeem myself. | 漫无目的 无法自赎 |
[26:25] | I don’t know that you can redeem yourself. | 我不知道你要自赎什么 |
[26:26] | Well, I can’t just be this. | 我不能这样下去 |
[26:29] | I can’t just be this for the rest of my life. | 我不能这样过一辈子 |
[26:31] | Just the man who ruined your reputation. | 当毁了你名声的人 |
[26:36] | Let me come back to court, Elizabeth. | 让我回去吧 伊丽莎白 |
[26:37] | I’ll face their hatred, | 我会直面他们的憎恶 |
[26:39] | and day by day, I will do good work, | 我会一直做好工作 |
[26:40] | I’ll do good statesmanship. | 当个好大臣 |
[26:43] | Maybe one day I can be more. | 也许有一天我能更进一步 |
[26:44] | No. You’re not thinking clearly. | 不 你现在思绪不清 |
[26:47] | Elizabeth… | 伊丽莎白 |
[26:48] | You’ve already received death threats from court. | 你已经收到了来自宫廷的死亡威胁 |
[26:49] | – If you come back, they will kill you. – Then so be it. | -如果你回去 他们会杀了你 -那就杀吧 |
[26:52] | There’s no outrunning this scandal, Elizabeth. | 没什么比这个丑闻更糟的了 伊丽莎白 |
[26:55] | – God knows I’ve tried. – Robert… | -上帝知道我努力过了 -罗伯特… |
[26:57] | You should go. | 你该走了 |
[27:01] | I’ll await your permission. | 我会等待你的同意 |
[27:20] | Queen Mary. | 玛丽女王 |
[27:21] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[27:23] | I was thinking about the offer to succeed Elizabeth | 我在考虑继承伊丽莎白 |
[27:25] | as the next Queen of England. | 成为下一任英格兰女王的提议 |
[27:27] | Struggling with whether to accept or decline. | 纠结要不要同意 |
[27:30] | Then I thought about | 然后我就想到了 |
[27:31] | what you said– there is always another choice. | 你说的 总有其他办法的 |
[27:36] | What if we were actually honest with each another? | 如果我们互相坦诚会如何 |
[27:40] | I’m not sure I understand. | 我不懂 |
[27:43] | I lied to you… | 我骗了你 |
[27:46] | about Rome. | 关于罗马的事 |
[27:47] | The Vatican is going to support | 罗马教廷会帮助我 |
[27:49] | my return to Scotland. | 回苏格兰 |
[27:51] | I was ordered to keep it a secret | 同时也命令我保密 |
[27:52] | from my enemies, from England. | 不让我的敌人以及英格兰知晓 |
[27:54] | Why are you telling me this now? | 那你现在为什么告诉我 |
[27:56] | Despite your complicated history with Elizabeth, | 无论你和伊丽莎白有多么复杂的过去 |
[27:58] | I believe you want to keep her safe. | 我相信你都想保她安全 |
[28:02] | I also believe that you care for me. | 我也相信你在乎我 |
[28:05] | Is Elizabeth’s safety in question? | 伊丽莎白的安全有问题吗 |
[28:07] | The Vatican wants something in exchange for their support: | 罗马教廷的帮助是有条件的 |
[28:10] | they want me to accept Elizabeth’s offer | 作为交换 他们想让我同意伊丽莎白的提议 |
[28:12] | and then when I am named her successor… | 然后当我被任命为继承人时… |
[28:16] | …your queen will be assassinated | 你的女王会遭到刺杀 |
[28:18] | and I will take her throne. | 而我会登上王位 |
[28:20] | I don’t want to kill my cousin, | 我不想谋杀我的表亲 |
[28:21] | but I can’t say no to the Vatican. | 但我也无法拒绝罗马教廷 |
[28:23] | They alone support me in my own country. | 只有他们能在我的国家支持我 |
[28:25] | Without them, I lose my throne. | 没有他们 我会失去王位 |
[28:27] | And I can’t tell Elizabeth what they’re planning. | 而我也无法告诉伊丽莎白他们的阴谋 |
[28:29] | She’d think you were complicit. | 她肯定会以为你和他们串通一气 |
[28:31] | That you’re only coming clean now | 认为是因为哪个环节出问题了 |
[28:32] | because something had gone wrong. | 你才来坦白 |
[28:34] | No, she will come after you, | 不 她会来对付你 |
[28:35] | block your return to Scotland. | 阻止你回苏格兰 |
[28:36] | You see my dilemma. | 你明白我的困境 |
[28:38] | I’m stuck between England and Rome, | 我被困在英格兰和罗马之间 |
[28:40] | and I don’t know how to get myself out of this. | 我不知道怎样才能脱身 |
[28:44] | What do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[28:47] | First of all, tell Elizabeth that I said yes. | 首先 告诉伊丽莎白我同意了 |
[28:50] | It will stall the Vatican. | 这样能拖住罗马教廷 |
[28:52] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[28:54] | I’m going to need your help playing both sides. | 然后我需要你在双方之间周旋 |
[28:57] | If I deal with Rome, and you deal with Elizabeth, | 如果我应付罗马 你应付伊丽莎白 |
[29:00] | we might be able to save her life | 我们可能可以在不牺牲苏格兰的情况下 |
[29:01] | without sacrificing my country. | 保住她的性命 |
[29:06] | Will you help me, Gideon? | 你会帮我吗 吉迪恩 |
[29:09] | I know it’s a risk… | 我知道这样很冒险 |
[29:12] | but I have taken a risk | 但我向你吐露真言 |
[29:13] | confiding in you. | 也是冒了风险 |
[29:15] | Don’t fight what’s between us. | 别否认我们的关系了 |
[29:17] | Mary, what’s between us are lies and sabotage. | 玛丽 我们之间只有谎言和阴谋 |
[29:20] | Relationship born in deceit often dies there. | 在谎言中滋生的情愫转瞬就会枯萎 |
[29:23] | There’s more between us than lies. | 我们之间不止是谎言 |
[29:25] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[30:29] | Gideon, come in. | 吉迪恩 进来 |
[30:31] | I’m writing to our queen. | 我在给我们的女王写信 |
[30:33] | Telling Elizabeth your suspicions | 告诉伊丽莎白你怀疑 |
[30:35] | about Mary meeting with the Vatican? | 玛丽在和罗马教廷私会吗 |
[30:37] | Well, clearly Mary’s hoping to gather her army secretly, | 显然玛丽希望秘密集结她的军队 |
[30:40] | to maintain the element of surprise | 这样她要从新教徒手中 |
[30:41] | when she attempts to reclaim her throne from the Protestants. | 夺回王位的时候才能出其不意 |
[30:45] | But once we tell Elizabeth about Mary’s plan… | 但一旦我们告诉伊丽莎白玛丽的计划 |
[30:47] | Elizabeth would never let the Queen of Scots | 伊丽莎白永远都不会让苏格兰女王 |
[30:49] | win back her throne. | 夺回她的王位 |
[30:50] | Wherever Mary lands in Scotland, | 无论玛丽到苏格兰哪里 |
[30:52] | Elizabeth will alert the local Protestants, | 伊丽莎白都会提醒当地的清教徒 |
[30:54] | who will make things very difficult for her. | 让她的日子不好过 |
[30:59] | Did you see Mary? | 你见过玛丽了吗 |
[31:01] | No. No, I’m seeing her later tonight. | 没有 我今晚要去见她 |
[31:04] | – So you haven’t sent any word of this to Elizabeth? – No. Not yet. | -你把消息给伊丽莎白了吗 -还没 |
[31:07] | Gideon, would you fetch me some more ink? | 吉迪恩 能给我拿点墨水吗 |
[31:10] | It’s in the trunk in the corner. | 就在角落的箱子里 |
[31:41] | Gideon? | 吉迪恩 |
[31:42] | Gideon! | 吉迪恩 |
[32:05] | I’ve been wanting to speak with you since the play last night. | 昨晚的演出之后我就想和你谈谈 |
[32:08] | I didn’t write the damn thing. | 又不是我写的剧本 |
[32:10] | If you didn’t like it… | 如果你不喜欢… |
[32:10] | I didn’t come here to critique the piece. | 我不是来批判演出的 |
[32:13] | I saw your reaction | 我看到那个戴着 |
[32:13] | to the man in the Baphomet mask. | 巴风特面具的人出现的时候 你的反应了 |
[32:15] | The queen he described– | 他说的那个往后 |
[32:17] | that was you, wasn’t it? | 就是你 对吗 |
[32:18] | Bash, it was theater. | 巴斯 那只是戏剧 |
[32:22] | When I was a child, Henry woke me up one night | 当我还小的时候 有天晚上亨利叫醒我 |
[32:24] | and took me out onto the parapet. | 带我到了护墙边 |
[32:26] | He wanted to show me something. | 想给我看个东西 |
[32:28] | It’s something I’ve never forgotten. | 那情景我一辈子都忘不了 |
[32:30] | The castle grounds were lined with pikes. | 城堡周围插满了长矛 |
[32:33] | A severed head on each one. | 每根长矛顶上都插着一颗头颅 |
[32:34] | Each of the men’s faces was painted with a red cross. | 每张脸上都画了红色的大叉 |
[32:37] | Henry said they were soldiers who’d fallen into devil worship. | 亨利说他们是被魔鬼迷了心的士兵 |
[32:40] | There were 13 of them, | 总共十三个 |
[32:42] | just like the man on stage referred to “13 Red Knights.” | 就像台上那个人说的 “十三红衣骑士” |
[32:46] | I don’t remember any such event. | 我不记得有那回事 |
[32:47] | Perhaps you dreamt it. | 也许是你梦到的吧 |
[32:48] | No. Now, I’ve come to realize | 不 现在我知道了 |
[32:51] | the tales I was told as a child | 小时候看到的恐怖场景 |
[32:52] | to describe the horrors I saw were usually lies. | 对它们的解释通常都是谎言 |
[32:56] | Why were those soldiers killed, Catherine? | 为什么要杀那些士兵 凯瑟琳 |
[32:58] | I don’t believe it had anything to do with devil worship. | 我不相信和魔鬼有关 |
[33:00] | I’m surprised you remember. | 你竟然还记得 |
[33:02] | It was so long ago, and you were so very young. | 那是很久之前的事 那时候你还很小 |
[33:10] | We owed them money, | 我们欠了他们钱 |
[33:12] | and we could not pay. | 还不上 |
[33:14] | It was your father’s idea, but yes, I went along with it. | 那是你父亲的主意 但没错 我同意了 |
[33:19] | I said that they should be executed quietly, but… | 我说他们应该被悄悄处决 但是… |
[33:22] | Henry– he insisted that their heads be put on pikes. | 亨利坚持把他们的人头示众 |
[33:26] | Strike fear, no one will dare question our actions. | 引起恐惧 让人不敢质疑我们的行为 |
[33:30] | Still, I had the heads removed before sunrise. | 不过我在日出前想办法把人头弄下来了 |
[33:34] | Dear God. | 天啊 |
[33:36] | Well, these are the sins that I live with. | 这是我的罪 |
[33:39] | The dead who haunt me. | 死者缠着我不放 |
[33:41] | Bash, whoever took control | 巴斯 必须找到 |
[33:42] | of that play must be found. | 戏剧事件的幕后主使 |
[33:44] | What if they really come after me? | 万一他们真来对付我呢 |
[33:46] | If I’m killed, who will protect Charles? | 如果我被杀了 谁来保护查尔斯 |
[33:49] | The realm will be thrown into chaos. | 整个国家会陷入混乱 |
[33:52] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[33:56] | What’s strange is how much time has passed. | 奇怪的是都过了这么久了 |
[33:58] | They’ve been dead for so long. | 他们真的死了很久了 |
[34:00] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[34:11] | I was just thinking of you. | 我刚在想你 |
[34:15] | Is that blood on your sleeve? Are you hurt? | 你衣袖上这是血吗 你受伤了吗 |
[34:17] | Archbishop Ridolfi needs to be more careful. | 里多菲大主教需要更加小心 |
[34:20] | Jeffrey learned he’s here in France, | 杰弗里知道他在法国了 |
[34:22] | and guessed he was strategizing with you. | 他猜到他在与你共谋 |
[34:24] | Has Jeffrey told Elizabeth yet? | 杰弗里告诉伊丽莎白了吗 |
[34:26] | He never had the chance. | 他没有找到机会 |
[34:29] | Gideon… where is he now? | 吉迪恩 他现在在哪里 |
[34:32] | Dead… his body in a trunk. | 死了 尸体在箱子里 |
[34:37] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[34:38] | He was going to warn Elizabeth, | 他本来要去提醒伊丽莎白 |
[34:40] | and she would not hesitate | 到时她肯定会毫不犹豫 |
[34:41] | to have you ambushed by the Protestants. | 让你被新教人员伏击 |
[34:42] | If I did nothing, | 如果我不采取行动 |
[34:44] | you would have lost your chance to reclaim the Scottish throne. | 你就没有机会夺回苏格兰王位了 |
[34:48] | I finished Jeffrey’s letter in his handwriting, | 我模仿杰弗里的字迹写完了他的信 |
[34:50] | saying that you’ve accepted Elizabeth’s offer | 信上说你接受关于继承方面 |
[34:53] | of successorship, and that Jeffrey’s on his way | 伊丽莎白的提议 杰弗里也在返回 |
[34:54] | back to English court. | 英格兰宫廷的路上了 |
[34:55] | Of course, he-he’ll never make it. | 当然 他永远都到不了了 |
[35:01] | You turned against your countryman to save me, | 你为了救我 为了我的王位 我的将来 |
[35:03] | my throne, my future. | 背弃了自己的同胞 |
[35:05] | I haven’t turned against my queen. | 我还没有背弃我的女王 |
[35:08] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[35:09] | we must find a way to save you both. | 我们必须想办法救你们两个人 |
[35:26] | Queen Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白女王 |
[35:28] | I have returned to serve at your side. | 我回来为您效忠了 |
[35:30] | And serve me you shall. | 好的 |
[35:32] | After much consideration, | 考虑之下 |
[35:34] | I have decided to raise Robert Dudley’s station | 我决定提高罗伯特·达德利的地位 |
[35:36] | to The Earl of Leicester. | 升他为莱斯特伯爵 |
[35:38] | He will be granted all | 他会得到合适的 |
[35:39] | appropriate lands and titles. | 土地和头衔 |
[35:42] | – I am humbled. – And I’m not finished. | -受之有愧 -我还没说完 |
[35:44] | I have raised your station | 我提升你的地位 |
[35:45] | in order to serve a greater good. | 是为了让你发挥更大的作用 |
[35:47] | I have named queen Mary Stuart as my successor, | 我已经将玛丽·斯图尔特女王任命为我的继承人 |
[35:49] | in exchange for choosing her next husband, | 同时 我有权选择他的下一任丈夫 |
[35:53] | and I choose you. | 我选择你 |
[35:55] | Mary has accepted these terms | 根据我们派去法国的 |
[35:57] | according to a letter I just received | 外交使臣写来的信 |
[35:58] | from our diplomats at French court. | 玛丽已经接受条件 |
[36:01] | You will set sail for France immediately. | 你马上前往法国 |
[36:04] | This marriage will provide peace between our nations. | 这一婚姻会为我们两国带来和平 |
[36:07] | My Queen, respectfully, | 女王大人 恕我冒昧 |
[36:10] | I wish to serve you here in England. | 我想在英格兰为您效忠 |
[36:12] | And I have decided otherwise. | 我已经做出决定了 |
[36:14] | May I request a private audience? | 我可以请求私下商议吗 |
[36:17] | No. | 不可以 |
[36:17] | Your queen has spoken, | 你的女王已经做出决定 |
[36:18] | and our decision is final. | 这就是最终决定 |
[36:24] | Now complete your mission. | 去完成你的任务吧 |
[36:36] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[36:38] | Do not argue with me here where anyone could see. | 不要在大庭广众之下跟我争论 |
[36:42] | How could you do this to me? | 你怎么能这么对我 |
[36:43] | Marry me off to your rival, your enemy? | 让我娶你的敌人 你的对手 |
[36:47] | You know I love you. | 你知道我爱你 |
[36:48] | I know, and I believe you will be loyal to me | 我知道 我相信你会一直忠于我 |
[36:50] | until the day you die. | 直到我去世 |
[36:51] | Then why? | 那为什么还这样 |
[36:53] | To save you. | 为了救你 |
[36:54] | Live in France with her, | 跟她住在法国 |
[36:56] | live in Scotland, I don’t care, but live. | 住在苏格兰 我不管 但最起码活着 |
[37:01] | You will always have my heart. | 我的心永远属于你 |
[37:12] | Just a moment. | 等一下 |
[37:18] | Come in. | 进来 |
[37:22] | I just wanted to return this. | 我来还你这个 |
[37:24] | The rest of my luggage arrived, | 我的行李都到了 |
[37:25] | so I won’t be needing it anymore. | 所以不需要这个了 |
[37:28] | It was very kind of you to lend it to me. | 谢谢你借我 |
[37:33] | Do you play chess? | 你下棋吗 |
[37:35] | Do you? | 你呢 |
[37:36] | I’m quite skilled, actually. | 其实我棋艺不错 |
[37:38] | Perhaps we could play together. | 我们一起下棋吧 |
[37:47] | I know we’ve not yet discussed personal matters, | 我知道我们还没谈论过私人问题 |
[37:50] | but I will tell you something about my husband. | 但我会告诉你我丈夫的事 |
[37:54] | I receive a letter from him nearly every day, | 我几乎每天都会收到他的信 |
[37:56] | and I haven’t read one. | 但我一封都没看过 |
[37:58] | They remain unopened in a pile | 信都堆在一起 从没打开过 |
[38:01] | because he lied to me, and I deplore him. | 因为他骗了我 我深切谴责他 |
[38:04] | Even so, without him, | 即便如此 没有他 |
[38:06] | the nights are long and lonely. | 长夜漫漫而又孤独 |
[38:09] | I can’t imagine what they must be like | 我无法想象没有自己真爱的人在身边 |
[38:10] | without the man you truly love. | 会是什么样子 |
[38:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:16] | Despite your heartbreak, | 尽管你很心碎 |
[38:18] | I must warn you: I show no mercy. | 但我要提醒你 我不会手下留情 |
[38:24] | Lady Lola, | 萝拉小姐 |
[38:26] | I expect no less. | 不用手下留情 |
[38:29] | I think I’ve discovered a way to save both | 我好像想到办法既拯救苏格兰 |
[38:31] | Scotland and my cousin. | 又救下我表亲了 |
[38:33] | I thought is was impossible to keep the Vatican on my side | 我开始以为不牺牲伊丽莎白的话 我无法 |
[38:35] | without sacrificing Elizabeth, but I have found an ally. | 让罗马教廷支持我 但我找到盟友了 |
[38:39] | What lies ahead is daunting, | 虽然前路漫漫 |
[38:41] | but together, we will get through this. | 但我们一起可以平安度过 |
[38:43] | Together with the Englishman? | 跟那个英格兰人一起吗 |
[38:46] | Did you sleep with him? | 你跟他上床了吗 |
[38:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:52] | I didn’t think I was capable, but… apparently… | 我没想到我可以 但是 显然… |
[38:56] | You are. | 你可以 |
[38:58] | And now Gideon is on your side. | 现在吉迪恩站在你这边了 |
[39:01] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[39:03] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[39:04] | Why did you do it? | 你为什么那么做 |
[39:05] | Was it genuine? Were you giving into temptation? | 是真心的 还是向诱惑屈服了 |
[39:08] | Or were you seducing him so you can get out of this alive? | 还是你为了活着走出困境而引诱了他 |
[39:13] | Honestly, Catherine… | 说实话 凯瑟琳 |
[39:15] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:29] | Who’s there? | 是谁 |
[39:33] | Christophe. | 克里斯多夫 |
[39:34] | You are supposed to be in Chambord. | 你应该在香波城堡的 |
[39:37] | I’m afraid it didn’t suit me. | 那里恐怕不适合我 |
[39:39] | I kept straying from my post. | 我一直偏离自己的岗位 |
[39:40] | What? To kill? | 什么 杀人吗 |
[39:42] | I’m worse away from you, Catherine. I truly am. | 离开你我更严重 凯瑟琳 真的 |
[40:02] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[40:03] | The Red Knights. | 红衣骑士 |
[40:06] | Catherine, watch out! | 凯瑟琳 小心 |
[40:27] | Are you hurt? | 你受伤了吗 |
[40:28] | I’m all right. | 我没事 |
[40:37] | What does it say? | 上面写的什么 |
[40:38] | “Your debt will be paid.” | “你会付出代价” |