时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Did you sleep with him? | 你跟他上床了吗 |
[00:03] | – Yes. – And now Gideon is on your side. | -是的 -现在吉迪恩站在你这边了 |
[00:05] | Were you seducing him so you can get out of this alive? | 你为了活着走出困境而引诱了他吗 |
[00:08] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:08] | Elizabeth is sending you an offer to succeed her | 伊丽莎白正意图将你任命为 |
[00:11] | as queen of England. In return, | 她的继承人 作为回报 |
[00:12] | she will choose your next husband. | 她有权选择你的下一任丈夫人选 |
[00:14] | You are going to accept. | 你得接受 |
[00:15] | The Vatican wants something. | 罗马教廷有条件 |
[00:16] | They want me to accept Elizabeth’s offer, | 他们想让我同意伊丽莎白的提议 |
[00:19] | and then when I am named her successor, | 然后当我被任命为继承人时 |
[00:21] | your queen will be assassinated, and I will take her throne. | 你的女王会遭到刺杀 而我会登上王位 |
[00:24] | I’m just a pawn, even if I were assassinated, they’d just | 我只是颗棋子 就算我被暗杀了 |
[00:27] | replace me with the next Catholic in line. | 他们也会再用另一个天主教君主取代我 |
[00:30] | A man would be their preference. | 这次他们就会选个男人了 |
[00:31] | I have named Queen Mary Stuart | 我已经将玛丽·斯图尔特女王 |
[00:33] | as my successor in exchange | 任命为我的继承人 同时 |
[00:34] | for choosing her next husband, | 我有权选择她的下一任丈夫 |
[00:36] | and I choose you. | 我选择你 |
[00:37] | It’s the Red Knights. | 是红衣骑士 |
[00:39] | Catherine, watch out! | 凯瑟琳 小心 |
[00:41] | “Your debt will be paid.” | “你会付出代价” |
[00:48] | You and Father executed 13 Knights | 你和父亲处决了十三骑士 |
[00:50] | on the trumped up charge of heresy, simply because you couldn’t pay them? | 虚构的罪名是异端 就因为你们付不起钱吗 |
[00:54] | How could you believe that was your only option? | 你怎么能相信那是你唯一的选择 |
[00:56] | Not the only one, the cleanest. | 不是唯一的 而是最干净的 |
[00:59] | I’ve already made | 我已经做出了 |
[00:59] | the unwelcome move of deposing Lord Narcisse– | 不受欢迎的举措 罢黜了纳西斯大人 |
[01:02] | a popular regent– so that you may rule by my side. | 一个大众爱戴的摄政王 好让你继位 |
[01:06] | I cannot have your past sins affecting my reign. | 我不能让你过去的罪恶影响我的统治 |
[01:08] | You won’t. | 不会的 |
[01:10] | This vendetta is against me, | 仇杀是针对我的 |
[01:12] | and I will handle it. | 我会处理干净 |
[01:18] | Impressive. | 真厉害 |
[01:19] | Where did you learn to shoot like that? | 你从哪里学到射箭的 |
[01:21] | My late husband. | 我过世的丈夫 |
[01:22] | He thought it was a skill that would serve me well. | 他觉得这种技能会对我很有用 |
[01:24] | Well, King Francis was right. | 弗朗西斯国王是对的 |
[01:26] | Now that I’ve seen your abilities with a bow, | 现在我看到了你张弓射箭 |
[01:27] | I certainly won’t be crossing you. | 就绝对不会惹怒你了 |
[01:33] | It’s funny, isn’t it? The two of us here. | 很有趣 对吧 我俩在这里 |
[01:36] | Both knowing we’ve already had our one true love. | 都知道我们已经有过真爱了 |
[01:40] | Still, you do as your queen commands, Lord Dudley. | 你还是听从女王吩咐吧 达德利阁下 |
[01:43] | I realize that Elizabeth’s given me something | 我意识到我妻子去世后 伊丽莎白给了我 |
[01:44] | that I needed following my wife’s death. | 需要的东西 |
[01:47] | A fresh start. | 一个新开始 |
[01:48] | You’ll be starting anew as the king consort of Scotland. | 你将作为苏格兰女王的配偶重新开始 |
[01:52] | That’s not so bad, is it? | 没那么糟糕 对吧 |
[01:55] | Neither is being named Elizabeth’s successor. | 被任命为伊丽莎白的继承人也是 |
[01:58] | Becoming the next in line to the English throne | 成为英格兰王位的继承人 |
[01:59] | validates you as a female monarch, | 确认了你的女王身份 |
[02:02] | allows you to rally waning support. | 能增加支持你的力量 |
[02:04] | I can’t imagine things have been easy of late. | 最近你一定不好过吧 |
[02:06] | What with finding yourself a guest at French court, | 既要在法国宫廷当客人 |
[02:10] | while your own country turns against you. | 而你自己的国家又背叛了你 |
[02:17] | Your queen’s decision probably has less to do with helping me | 你女王的决定不算是帮助我 |
[02:20] | and my uncomfortable political position, | 和我不安的政治地位 |
[02:23] | and more to do with bolstering her own. | 更是为了加固自己的地位 |
[02:26] | It’s very clever, | 很聪明 |
[02:27] | naming a weakened Catholic queen her successor, | 将削弱的天主教女王任命为她的继承人 |
[02:30] | to reinforce herself as the better choice. | 让她成为了更好的选择 |
[02:32] | Elizabeth is shrewd. | 伊丽莎白很精明 |
[02:34] | I suspect the two of you have that in common. | 我觉得你俩都是 |
[02:38] | Perhaps, through our marriage, I can build a bridge | 也许通过我们的婚姻 我能为你俩之间 |
[02:40] | between the two of you. | 搭建桥梁 |
[02:41] | That would be beneficial. | 那样很有益 |
[02:44] | I want you to know that I am fully committed to this union. | 我想告诉你 我对联姻很有信心 |
[02:48] | I know that ours might never become a great love, | 我知道我们之间也许没有伟大的爱情 |
[02:51] | but I do believe we can have a congenial life together. | 但我相信我们可以一起过上和谐的生活 |
[02:54] | I believe that as well. | 我也相信 |
[02:58] | Well, then, shall we make it official? | 我们该正式一点吗 |
[03:02] | Mary, | 玛丽 |
[03:03] | Queen of Scots, | 苏格兰女王 |
[03:07] | would you do me the honor of becoming my wife? | 你愿意做我妻子吗 |
[03:11] | Yes, I will. | 我愿意 |
[03:38] | I know you and Robert Dudley have history, | 我知道你和罗伯特·达德利有过节 |
[03:41] | but he’s not as terrible as you made him out to be, Gideon. | 但他不如你逼他表现得那么糟糕 吉迪恩 |
[03:43] | The man is as ambitious as he is self-serving. | 那个人雄心勃勃 自私自利 |
[03:46] | Apparently Elizabeth finds those to be appealing qualities. | 显然伊丽莎白觉得那是吸引人的品质 |
[03:49] | He all but admitted that he’s still in love with her. | 他只是承认了他依然爱着她 |
[03:51] | Their love was real, | 他们的爱是真实的 |
[03:52] | I can tell you that. | 我能告诉你这点 |
[03:53] | Yes, perhaps, that’s the answer– encouraging him | 也许那就是答案 鼓励他 |
[03:56] | that to wed you would be to give up, | 跟你结婚就是放弃了 |
[03:57] | when he should be fighting for Elizabeth’s hand. | 他应该争取伊丽莎白 |
[03:59] | Well, they have no chance of a future together. | 他们在一起是没有未来的 |
[04:01] | He knows that. | 他知道的 |
[04:03] | Well, I could lie and tell him you’re a miserable lover. | 我可以撒谎 告诉她你是个可怜的情人 |
[04:07] | Dudley made one thing clear, | 达德利说明白了一件事 |
[04:08] | he needs this marriage. | 他需要这婚姻 |
[04:09] | He believes it’s his only option. | 他相信这是他唯一的选择 |
[04:11] | Lately, however, I’ve been pondering a different man. | 然而 最近我在考虑另一个人 |
[04:13] | Likely the Vatican thinks that once I take | 罗马教廷很可能觉得 等我成为 |
[04:16] | the English throne, I will be ousted or killed. | 英格兰女王 我会被废黜或者谋杀 |
[04:18] | If they plan to put a king on the throne after me, | 如果他们计划在我之后选个国王 |
[04:21] | they must have someone in mind. | 他们肯定已经有人选了 |
[04:22] | That someone isn’t Dudley, | 那个人不是达德利 |
[04:24] | because he isn’t getting the Crown Matrimonial. | 因为他不是并肩王 |
[04:25] | Nor is he Catholic. | 也不是天主教徒 |
[04:27] | Are there any other Catholic males in the line of succession? | 王位继承人中还有别的天主教男人吗 |
[04:29] | The most likely candidate in our family tree | 我们家族中最可能的候选人 |
[04:31] | is a distant cousin of mine and Elizabeth’s. | 就是我和伊丽莎白的远房表亲 |
[04:33] | His name is Joseph Tudor. | 他叫做约瑟夫·都铎 |
[04:36] | A Catholic and a Tudor to boot. | 要赶走一个天主教徒和都铎 |
[04:38] | Do you have any idea where he is? | 你知道他在哪里吗 |
[04:40] | After Mary Tudor died | 玛丽·都铎去世 |
[04:41] | and Elizabeth turned England Protestant, | 伊丽莎白成为英格兰新教徒后 |
[04:43] | Joseph fled to France. | 约瑟夫逃去了法国 |
[04:45] | If my theory is correct, | 如果我的理论正确 |
[04:46] | then Archbishop Ridolfi has already been in contact with him | 那里多菲大主教已经跟他取得联系了 |
[04:49] | about stepping in to rule England. | 让他介入 统治英格兰 |
[04:51] | If we can find real evidence of this, | 如果我们能找到真凭实据 |
[04:53] | and I can get it to Elizabeth, she will be forced | 我呈送给伊丽莎白 她就会被迫 |
[04:55] | to rescind her offer to name you her successor. | 取消让你成为她继承人的提议 |
[04:57] | Well, that would be taking quite a risk. | 那真是冒险啊 |
[04:59] | Lest you forget, I also have a duty to Elizabeth. | 别忘了 我对伊丽莎白还有责任 |
[05:02] | By stopping the Vatican’s plot, I save my queen’s life. | 阻止罗马教廷的阴谋 我就拯救了女王的性命 |
[05:07] | I would take this risk, even if it weren’t my duty. | 我愿意冒险 就算这不是我的职责 |
[05:12] | We will stop the Vatican, | 我们会阻止罗马教廷 |
[05:15] | but to start, we must find Joseph Tudor. | 但我们必须先找到约瑟夫·都铎 |
[05:28] | I trust your visit to Mary’s chambers | 我相信你来玛丽的房间里 |
[05:29] | was to end your liaison. | 是为了结束关系 |
[05:31] | Now that she’s my fiancée, your mission to seduce her | 她现在成了我的未婚妻 你引诱她的任务 |
[05:34] | is obsolete. | 就无用了 |
[05:35] | Well, Mary will be devastated. | 玛丽会悲痛欲绝的 |
[05:37] | It seems I’m quite good at my job. | 我好像做得很不错 |
[05:39] | Drawing women in, | 吸引女人 |
[05:40] | seducing them, learning their every secret. | 诱惑她们 了解她们每个秘密 |
[05:43] | But you already knew that, didn’t you, | 但你已经知道了 对吧 |
[05:45] | given my time with Elizabeth. | 考虑到我和伊丽莎白的时光 |
[05:46] | Stay away from the queen of Scots. | 离苏格兰女王远一点 |
[05:48] | Is that the queen of England’s order? | 这是英格兰女王的命令吗 |
[05:50] | No, that’s my order as the Earl of Leicester | 不 那是我的命令 作为莱斯特伯爵 |
[05:52] | and the future king consort of Scotland. | 和苏格兰女王未来的配偶 |
[05:57] | Joseph Tudor | 约瑟夫·都铎 |
[05:58] | appealed to us for asylum | 寻求我们庇护 |
[06:00] | when Elizabeth took the throne, | 在伊丽莎白继位 |
[06:02] | and started persecuting all | 并开始迫害所有 |
[06:03] | of Mary Tudor’s Catholic supporters. | 玛丽·都铎的天主教支持者的时候 |
[06:05] | As we are a Catholic monarchy, | 我们作为天主教君主 |
[06:07] | Henry granted him sanctuary here in France. | 亨利准许他在法国避难 |
[06:10] | Since when did you become interested | 你什么时候关心起 |
[06:11] | in the whereabouts of a distant cousin? | 一个远亲在哪儿了 |
[06:14] | It’s a theory I’m working on with Gideon. | 我和吉迪恩有个想法 |
[06:17] | How are things with the English ambassador? | 你和英格兰大使怎么样了 |
[06:20] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[06:22] | You’ve come to care for him, correct? | 你开始关心他了 对吗 |
[06:25] | Perhaps a little. | 有点吧 |
[06:26] | But I have bigger worries. | 但我有更严重的事要担心 |
[06:27] | I came to ask you | 我是来问你 |
[06:29] | about Archbishop Ridolfi. | 里多而菲大主教的事 |
[06:31] | Has he had any visitors? | 有人拜访过他吗 |
[06:32] | No, he’s been too busy borrowing the royal carriages, | 没有 他一直忙着借皇家马车 |
[06:35] | for what he calls “Holy errands.” | 办什么”神圣之事” |
[06:38] | – Do you know where he’s been going? – No. | -你知道他都去哪儿了吗 -不知道 |
[06:41] | But his drivers loathe him. | 但他的车夫们很讨厌他 |
[06:43] | I’m sure they’d share that information with you. | 他们肯定愿意告诉你他都去了哪儿 |
[06:46] | What are you up to, Mary? | 你在盘算什么 玛丽 |
[06:48] | It’s best you remain unaware. | 你不知道最好 |
[07:00] | Joseph Tudor? | 约瑟夫·都铎 |
[07:02] | Who’s asking? | 你是谁 |
[07:03] | I have a message from Archbishop Ridolfi. | 里多尔菲大主教派我来传信 |
[07:05] | It’s about time. | 也是时候了 |
[07:06] | Did he say how much longer I’m to stay in this dreadful house? | 他说我还要在这个破房子里待多久了吗 |
[07:09] | It’s ridiculous. | 太荒唐了 |
[07:10] | A man of my future standing. | 也不想想我未来是什么地位 |
[07:11] | Why don’t we discuss that future inside? | 我们还是进去再谈那个未来吧 |
[07:26] | Thomas and I like the name Logan for a boy and Fiona | 我和托马斯想给男孩起名洛根 女孩起名 |
[07:30] | – for a girl. – No. | -菲欧娜 -不行 |
[07:32] | Your choices are far too Scottish for a child | 对一个即将在法国长大的孩子 |
[07:34] | growing up in France. | 这两个名字太苏格兰了 |
[07:35] | We want the child to fit in, don’t we? | 取个让他们能融入法国的名字吧 |
[07:37] | Lord Thomas, for you. | 托马斯大人 给你的 |
[07:44] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[07:45] | Someone knows. | 有人知道了 |
[07:46] | Somehow they knew. | 不知怎么知道了 |
[07:48] | It says that your pregnancy is a ruse. | 信上说你是假怀孕 |
[07:50] | That the mother is your sister, | 孩子的母亲是你姐姐 |
[07:52] | a “Purveyor of whores.” | 一个”妓院老鸨” |
[07:53] | They’re demanding gold for their silence. | 他们要封口费 |
[07:55] | We are being blackmailed? | 我们被勒索了吗 |
[07:56] | How did the secret get out? | 这个秘密怎么会泄露出去 |
[07:58] | I’ve been so careful, barely coming out of my room. | 我一直很小心 几乎都不出门 |
[08:01] | We should all leave town | 我们应该都出城去 |
[08:02] | until the baby’s born. Once that happens, | 生下孩子再回来 孩子一生完 |
[08:04] | the blackmailer will have no way to prove | 勒索的人就没办法证明 |
[08:05] | that we aren’t the real parents. | 我们不是孩子的亲生父母了 |
[08:07] | I’d rather not go. | 我不同意 |
[08:08] | It puts my business at risk, for one thing. | 一方面那会危及我的生意 |
[08:10] | And traveling now, I’m not sure that’s wise. | 另一方面 我现在的身体不适合旅行 |
[08:13] | The point of pretending this baby is yours | 假装这个孩子是你们的全都是为了 |
[08:15] | is to give it a chance to grow up with a good name. | 能让他有一个好的声誉 |
[08:17] | For its sake and yours, | 为了孩子和你们 |
[08:20] | we have to agree to the blackmailer’s terms. | 我们得同意勒索人的条件 |
[08:23] | Perhaps they’ll take the money and go away. | 也许他们会拿钱走人 |
[08:25] | And if they press for more, well, | 要是他们得寸进尺 |
[08:27] | then we might have a better idea | 我们或许有个好方法 |
[08:29] | of who we’re dealing with. | 查出对方究竟是谁 |
[08:32] | Catherine, | 凯瑟琳 |
[08:33] | an update. | 有新消息 |
[08:36] | Charles has been apprised of the situation | 查尔斯已经知道 |
[08:38] | with the Red Knights. | 红衣骑士的事了 |
[08:40] | Your assailants were last seen riding east from the castle. | 有人看见袭击你的人向城堡东边去了 |
[08:42] | My men have searched the nearby villages, | 我的人已经搜查了附近的村庄 |
[08:44] | but they seem to have vanished. | 但他们好像凭空消失了一样 |
[08:46] | Well, someone threw that pike at me. | 但有人朝我扔了那支长矛 |
[08:48] | Is it possible the families | 有没有可能 |
[08:49] | of the original Red Knights are involved? | 当年那些红衣骑士的家人参与了其中 |
[08:51] | They had no families. | 他们没有家人 |
[08:53] | Henry only recruited orphans, | 亨利只招募孤儿 |
[08:55] | training them as boys to ensure their loyalty. | 从小训练确保他们的忠诚 |
[08:57] | And once they came of age, they had to take oaths of celibacy. | 等他们一到年龄就得宣誓禁欲 |
[09:00] | Well, you couldn’t have expected them | 你不会指望他们 |
[09:01] | to uphold those vows. | 信守那个誓言吧 |
[09:02] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[09:03] | Which is why I discreetly | 所以我偷偷地 |
[09:06] | incentivized them with sex. | 用性爱来激励他们 |
[09:08] | For every battle won, | 每赢一场战争 |
[09:09] | the Knights, they had their choice | 骑士们就能与我手下 |
[09:10] | of my finest courtesans. | 最出色的妓女翻云覆雨 |
[09:12] | Trust me, they won often. | 他们可是经常赢 |
[09:14] | So it is possible | 那有没有可能 |
[09:15] | one of them fathered a child. | 他们中有人有了孩子 |
[09:19] | I suppose it’s worth investigating. | 这值得一查 |
[09:21] | And I know exactly | 而我知道 |
[09:23] | where you can go to find out. | 你要去哪儿查 |
[09:30] | Would you like to try some sipping chocolate? | 要尝尝热巧克力吗 |
[09:32] | It’s from Spain. | 这是从西班牙送来的 |
[09:34] | Catherine’s daughter, the queen, | 凯瑟琳的女儿 太后 |
[09:36] | has it sent specially for us. | 特地给我们送来的 |
[09:38] | Catherine does seem to treat her former courtesans well. | 看来凯瑟琳把她曾经的妓女们照顾的不错 |
[09:41] | Our reward for a job well done. | 这是我们应得的奖赏 |
[09:43] | Did she send you to us | 她派你来找我们 |
[09:44] | for something special, then? | 是为了什么特别的事吗 |
[09:46] | No, no, I’m here on business. | 不 我是来办公事的 |
[09:48] | Oh, you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[09:50] | I may be retired. | 我或许退休了 |
[09:51] | I’m not dead. | 但还没死呢 |
[09:54] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[09:55] | It’s actually quite serious. | 其实是很严肃的事情 |
[09:57] | There was an attempt made on the queen mother’s life. | 有人想谋害太后 |
[09:59] | We believe it was someone seeking revenge | 我们认为是有人想 |
[10:01] | on behalf of the Red Knights. | 为红衣骑士复仇 |
[10:02] | They’re heretics. | 他们是异教徒 |
[10:03] | They didn’t just turn against the monarchy, | 他们不仅反对君权 |
[10:05] | they turned against God. | 还背弃了上帝 |
[10:08] | Catherine revealed that many of the women here | 凯瑟琳说这里的许多女人 |
[10:11] | entertained these men before their beliefs were known. | 在这群男人的信仰暴露前取悦过他们 |
[10:14] | And you want to know if any of us bore their children. | 你想知道我们有没有人生了他们的孩子 |
[10:16] | We are no common whores. | 我们不是一般的妓女 |
[10:19] | We were trained to abide by strict rules. | 我们有严格的规矩 |
[10:21] | The most important being never get pregnant. | 最重要的就是不能怀孕 |
[10:24] | I’m afraid you’ve come all this way for nothing. | 恐怕你是白来一趟了 |
[10:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:31] | You overheard me talking about the Red Knights. | 你听到我提红衣骑士了 |
[10:34] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[10:34] | Is there anything you can tell me? | 你知道些什么吗 |
[10:36] | Any information could help. | 任何信息都行 |
[10:38] | I fear you may be looking for my son. | 恐怕你要找的是我儿子 |
[10:40] | A child fathered by a Red Knight? | 红衣骑士的孩子 |
[10:42] | I fell in love with one of those men. | 我爱上了其中一个骑士 |
[10:44] | When I discovered I was with child, | 我发现自己怀孕时 |
[10:46] | I left court. | 就离开了宫廷 |
[10:47] | I wanted to keep the baby, | 我想留下这个孩子 |
[10:49] | but when the Knights were revealed to be devil worshippers… | 但当骑士信仰魔鬼的事曝光以后 |
[10:53] | What did you do? | 你做了什么 |
[10:54] | I had the baby. | 我生下了孩子 |
[10:56] | And left him | 然后把他 |
[10:58] | and any belongings I had of his blasphemous father | 以及我这里所有他父亲的渎神之物丢在了 |
[11:01] | to die in the woods near Dijon. | 第戎附近的森林里让他自生自灭 |
[11:04] | I have felt nothing since | 从那以后我便 |
[11:05] | but guilt and remorse. | 整日自责悔恨 |
[11:07] | For leaving the child. | 因为丢弃了孩子吗 |
[11:08] | For giving birth to Satan’s spawn. | 因为生下了魔鬼的子嗣 |
[11:11] | I brought a monster | 我生下了一个 |
[11:12] | into this world. | 怪物 |
[11:14] | What if he still lives? | 如果他还活着呢 |
[11:15] | I assure you, | 我保证 |
[11:17] | if your child is still alive, | 如果你的孩子还活着 |
[11:18] | he is no monster. | 他也不是魔鬼 |
[11:20] | Only a man. | 只是个普通人 |
[11:54] | Are you sure this is the man? | 你确定是这个人吗 |
[11:55] | He was found abandoned in the nearby woods | 他还是个婴儿时 被人发现 |
[11:57] | as a suckling infant. | 遗弃在附近的树林里 |
[12:07] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[12:08] | The Vatican brought Joseph Tudor from Saint-Veran | 罗马教廷将约瑟夫·都铎从圣弗兰带过来 |
[12:10] | and rented a house for him in the village. | 在村里为他租了个房子 |
[12:12] | That’s where Archbishop Ridolfi’s | 那是里多菲大主教 |
[12:13] | been holding secret meetings to negotiate | 召开秘密会议 |
[12:15] | his ascension to the English throne. | 密谋继承英格兰王位的地方 |
[12:17] | So Joseph Tudor is complicit. | 那么约瑟夫是共犯 |
[12:19] | In searching his house, | 我搜查了他的住处 |
[12:20] | I found damning correspondence between him and the Vatican. | 找到了他和罗马教廷的通信 |
[12:26] | This says the Vatican was going to pressure me | 这上面说教廷要逼迫我 |
[12:28] | into naming Joseph Tudor as my successor | 指明约瑟夫·都铎做我英格兰王位的 |
[12:30] | to the English throne. | 继承人 |
[12:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:32] | Joseph was already reaching out to prominent | 约瑟夫已经在联系重要的 |
[12:34] | Catholic English nobles in an effort | 天主教英格兰贵族 |
[12:36] | to consolidate support for the Vatican’s plan. | 一同支持教廷的计划 |
[12:39] | He wanted to be king, at the cost of your life. | 为了做国王 他不惜杀掉你 |
[12:41] | And what if the Vatican says these are forgeries? | 如果教廷说这是伪造的呢 |
[12:43] | I’ll bring Joseph to England with me, | 我会把约瑟夫带回英格兰 |
[12:44] | where I will get a confession out of him. | 并让他认罪 |
[12:47] | He’s being held on a ship awaiting my return. | 这时候他正被捆在一艘船上 等我回去 |
[12:49] | I sail tonight. | 我今晚就出发 |
[12:52] | Elizabeth will be alerted | 伊丽莎白会得知 |
[12:53] | to the Vatican’s plot against her. | 教廷反对她的阴谋 |
[12:55] | She will never think you were involved | 她不管怎样都不会知道你牵涉其中 |
[12:57] | in any way, as none of it will tie back to you. | 因为没有线索能够指向你 |
[13:01] | I know I said that nothing real could ever happen between us… | 我知道我说过我们之间只是逢场作戏 |
[13:07] | …but it has. | 但事情超出我的预料 |
[13:11] | I have come to care for you, Gideon. | 我有些喜欢你了 吉迪恩 |
[13:15] | Then why do you seem so sad? | 你为何看起来如此忧伤 |
[13:17] | Even if our plan works, | 即便我们的计划成功 |
[13:19] | and my engagement to Dudley is called off… | 我与达德利的婚约取消… |
[13:23] | I’m not so foolish as to think I will end up with a queen. | 我不会傻到梦想能娶一位女王 |
[13:26] | I understand the reality of our stations. | 我明白我们所处的境地 |
[13:28] | We are loyal to two different countries. | 我们忠于两个不同的国家 |
[13:31] | But there’s something else I know. | 但我所考虑的不止如此 |
[13:33] | Life is short. | 生命短暂 |
[13:34] | At this point, I thought I would be | 我曾以为我现在 |
[13:36] | raising my daughter with my wife by my side. | 会与妻子一起抚养我的女儿 |
[13:39] | Instead, I-I’ve only just met my child, and my wife is gone. | 但是 我才刚刚见到女儿而妻子已经去世 |
[13:43] | The best I can do is live day by day. | 我能做的只有一天天活着 |
[13:45] | If something feels right, | 如果我对某件事感觉对了 |
[13:47] | I embrace it. | 我会欣然接受 |
[13:50] | And being with you on this particular day, | 而此时此刻与你在一起 |
[13:53] | it feels very right. | 我感觉对极了 |
[14:05] | That’s him. | 就是他 |
[14:06] | That’s the man I saw entering Master Tudor’s house. | 我看见他进了都铎大人的房间 |
[14:08] | What’s the meaning of this? | 这是怎么了 |
[14:09] | This boy works for Joseph Tudor. | 这个男孩为约瑟夫·都铎工作 |
[14:11] | He was on his way to fetch firewood | 他在取木柴的路上 |
[14:13] | and saw you enter the house. | 看到你进了都铎的房间 |
[14:14] | When the boy returned, he found the place ransacked | 他回来时 发现房间有被搜查的痕迹 |
[14:16] | and Joseph gone. | 约瑟夫也不见了 |
[14:18] | He is mistaken. | 他看错了 |
[14:19] | I saw him, dressed as a priest. | 我看到他了 打扮得像个牧师 |
[14:21] | Guard, take Ambassador Blackburn into custody. | 守卫 缉拿布莱克本大使 |
[14:24] | On what grounds? | 以什么罪名 |
[14:25] | You were the last person to be seen with Joseph Tudor, | 你是最后一个看见约瑟夫·都铎的人 |
[14:27] | and now he is missing. | 现在他失踪了 |
[14:33] | Stop fighting us, or you will regret it. | 别挣扎了 不然你会后悔 |
[14:37] | This is outrageous. | 这太粗暴了 |
[14:39] | You have nothing but conjecture. | 你也只是推测罢了 |
[14:40] | Then produce Joseph Tudor. | 那就交出约瑟夫·都铎 |
[14:42] | If you can’t, the Vatican must assume you killed him | 如果交不出 教廷可能会推测你杀了他 |
[14:45] | and will be charged with murder. | 你将以谋杀罪被指控 |
[14:55] | Leith. | 利思 |
[14:58] | Thank you for coming. | 多谢你能来 |
[14:59] | I had a meeting with a wool trader in the village anyway. | 我本来就在村里与羊毛商人开会 |
[15:03] | Is that so? What for? | 真的吗 为什么 |
[15:04] | I’m trying to strike out on my own. | 我正打算自己闯一闯 |
[15:07] | Raise my station by breaking into the merchant class. | 把自己的地位提升到商人阶级 |
[15:09] | – Good for you. – Yes. | -真不赖 -是的 |
[15:11] | Except I haven’t any experience, | 但是我毫无经验 |
[15:13] | so no one wants to take a chance on me. | 所以没人愿意在我身上冒险 |
[15:15] | I’m what they call an unproven entity. | 我是他们口中不可信任的人 |
[15:17] | Maybe you just haven’t met the right person yet. | 也许你只是还没遇到对的人 |
[15:20] | Maybe, but I’ve met with everyone I know, and so far nothing. | 也许 但我已见了所有熟人还是一无所获 |
[15:24] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[15:26] | Why did you want to see me? | 你找我有什么事 |
[15:27] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[15:29] | But first, | 但首先 |
[15:31] | I have to show you something. | 我要让你知道这个 |
[15:44] | I’ll take him, my lord. | 交给我吧 大人 |
[15:45] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[15:45] | The wool merchant turned me down. | 羊毛商人拒绝了我 |
[15:48] | Another opportunity will come along. | 会有其他机会的 |
[15:50] | I’m sure it will. | 我也这样想 |
[15:51] | In the meantime, we have a romantic getaway | 同时 我们还可以期待一下 |
[15:53] | to Paris to look forward to. | 巴黎的浪漫旅行 |
[15:55] | I can’t go. | 我去不了了 |
[15:56] | Oh, come on. | 别这样 |
[15:57] | You’ve been so busy trying to build a business, | 你一直忙着联系生意 |
[15:58] | we haven’t spent any time together. | 咱们都没有单独在一起过 |
[16:00] | I miss you. | 我好想你 |
[16:01] | I know, I’m sorry. | 我知道 对不起 |
[16:04] | I promised Greer | 我答应了葛瑞尔 |
[16:04] | I would do her a favor. | 要帮她个忙 |
[16:06] | A favor. | 一边是帮忙 |
[16:08] | For your ex. | 帮你的前任 |
[16:09] | Versus Paris with me. | 一边是和我去巴黎 |
[16:12] | Your lover. | 和你的爱人 |
[16:13] | Your princess lover. | 还是公主 |
[16:15] | I assure you, it is out of friendship. | 我保证 我只把她当朋友 |
[16:19] | Greer is pregnant. | 葛瑞尔怀孕了 |
[16:21] | No. | 不是吧 |
[16:22] | Who’s the father? | 孩子他爸是谁 |
[16:24] | A pirate. | 是个海盗 |
[16:25] | Greer is having a pirate-baby? | 葛瑞尔有了个海盗孩子 |
[16:27] | Don’t call it that. | 别这么说 |
[16:28] | Don’t call it anything. | 别跟任何人说 |
[16:28] | It’s a secret. | 这是个秘密 |
[16:30] | Greer plans to give the child away | 葛瑞尔原本计划在别人知道前 |
[16:31] | fore anyone’s the wiser, | 把孩子送出去 |
[16:32] | but somebody’s learned the truth of her plans | 但有人知道了她的计划 |
[16:34] | and is blackmailing her. | 正在敲诈她 |
[16:36] | That’s so sad and awful. | 这太糟糕了 |
[16:37] | We have to help her. | 咱们得帮她 |
[16:38] | “We”? | “咱们” |
[16:39] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[16:40] | Greer has asked that I covertly | 葛瑞尔让我偷偷地 |
[16:41] | follow her brother-in-law | 在她妹夫放钱时 |
[16:42] | when he drops off the money, | 跟在后面 |
[16:44] | so that I can expose the perpetrator | 这样我就能抓住敲诈者 |
[16:46] | and stop this threat for good. | 结束这次威胁 |
[16:48] | You really want to help? | 你真的想帮忙吗 |
[16:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[16:51] | Besides, this is a fantastic adventure. | 再说了 这多好玩啊 |
[16:54] | Better than stuffy old Paris. | 比枯燥老套的巴黎好玩多了 |
[16:55] | Were you seriously not planning on asking me | 你真的没想过让我 |
[16:58] | to be part of the fun? | 也参与进来玩玩吗 |
[16:59] | Claude, I don’t think it will be much fun. | 克劳德 我不觉得这有什么好玩的 |
[17:00] | Well, I can be of great use, because if you’re skulking | 我用处大着呢 如果你独自一人 |
[17:03] | through the village streets alone, | 在街上鬼鬼祟祟地走 |
[17:04] | Greer’s brother-in law will spot you straight away. | 葛瑞尔的妹夫一下子就能发现你 |
[17:07] | But, if you’re getting henpecked | 但如果你是被一个 |
[17:09] | by some horrid fishwife… | 讨厌的泼妇唠叨 |
[17:10] | Some horrid fishwife? | 讨厌的泼妇 |
[17:11] | Of the many useless | 我被迫学习了 |
[17:12] | “Ladies arts” I was forced to study– | 众多无用的”淑女技艺” |
[17:14] | needlework, harpsichord and the like– | 比如针线 钢琴之类的 |
[17:17] | there was one in which I excelled– | 当中有一样我特别擅长 |
[17:20] | theater. | 戏剧 |
[17:21] | To pull off this enterprise, you need an actor. | 要想赢得这场较量 你需要一个演员 |
[17:23] | And that, my darling, is me. | 而亲爱的 这个人就是我 |
[17:28] | Unless Gideon can prove that Joseph Tudor is alive, | 除非吉迪恩能证明约瑟夫·都铎还活着 |
[17:30] | the Vatican will hold him for murder. | 梵蒂冈会控告他谋杀 |
[17:32] | I had no choice | 我别无选择 |
[17:33] | but to let them lock Gideon in the dungeon. | 只能让他们把吉迪恩锁在地牢 |
[17:35] | Catherine, no. I need Gideon. | 不 凯瑟琳 我需要吉迪恩 |
[17:37] | Without him, my plans fall apart. | 如果没有了他 我的计划就会分崩离析 |
[17:39] | Are these the plans that I’m best to remain unaware of? | 是那些你觉得我最好不要知道的计划吗 |
[17:41] | Your words, not mine. | 这可是你说的 |
[17:43] | Tell me, or I can not help you. | 告诉我 否则我没法帮你 |
[17:47] | My theory was right. | 我的理论是正确的 |
[17:49] | Once they have done away with Elizabeth and installed me | 罗马教廷一旦除掉伊丽莎白 |
[17:51] | as the new queen of England, the Vatican planned | 助我成为英格兰的新女王 |
[17:53] | to position Joseph Tudor to replace me. | 他们就打算用约瑟夫·都铎取代我的位置 |
[17:56] | They’re making you, a woman, | 他们让你 一个女人 |
[17:57] | do the dirty work to benefit a bunch | 去背黑锅 |
[17:59] | of spineless men. | 来让一个懦弱的男人获利 |
[18:01] | Gideon has kidnapped Joseph. | 吉迪恩绑架了约瑟夫 |
[18:03] | He is going to present him to Elizabeth to expose the plot. | 他打算把他呈给伊丽莎白 揭穿计划 |
[18:07] | It’s the only way to convince Elizabeth | 这是唯一能说服伊丽莎白 |
[18:09] | to change her mind about naming me her successor. | 改变主意不指定我为她继承人的方式 |
[18:12] | Something which won’t happen as long as Gideon is locked up. | 而只要吉迪恩被关着 计划就没法进行 |
[18:15] | And you can not go to Elizabeth with this. | 而你也不能直接去找伊丽莎白说这些 |
[18:17] | The fact that I would benefit from her death | 我会从她的死亡中获利 |
[18:19] | by sitting on the English throne is enough to convince her | 坐上英国王座的事实 |
[18:22] | that I would be a willing participant. | 足以让她认为我愿意参与计划 |
[18:23] | No one close to me | 法国宫廷里也没有 |
[18:24] | at French court can expose the plot either. | 任何一个我的亲信能去揭穿计划 |
[18:26] | She’ll still think you’re behind it. | 她还是会认为你参与了 |
[18:28] | However, there is one recent arrival | 不过 法国宫廷最近的 |
[18:31] | to France who can help. | 一位访客倒可以帮得上忙 |
[18:32] | Someone who is trusted by Elizabeth | 一个深受伊丽莎白信任 |
[18:35] | and would do anything | 也愿意做任何事 |
[18:36] | to protect his queen. | 来保护他的女王的人 |
[18:44] | Dudley. | 达德利 |
[18:45] | What is the meaning of this note? | 这字条是什么意思 |
[18:48] | “Visit me in the dungeon. | “来地牢见我 |
[18:50] | You are the only one who can save our queen. | 你是唯一能救我们女王的人 |
[18:52] | I need you to take the risk, | 我需要你冒这个风险 |
[18:54] | even if it is not your duty.” | 尽管这不是你的职责” |
[19:00] | – The Vatican plans to kill Elizabeth. – What? | -罗马教廷打算杀掉伊丽莎白 -什么 |
[19:02] | They want a Catholic English royal to ascend the throne. | 他们希望一个天主教英国皇室来继承王位 |
[19:05] | Because the Vatican doesn’t want this plot revealed, | 因为教廷不希望计划曝光 |
[19:07] | they’re accusing me of murder. | 所以他们指控我谋杀 |
[19:08] | But Mary is to be named Elizabeth’s successor. | 但是玛丽才是伊丽莎白的继承人 |
[19:10] | The queen of Scots | 苏格兰女王 |
[19:12] | is an oblivious pawn. | 显然只是个弃卒 |
[19:13] | A seat warmer until the Vatican | 是罗马教廷让英国有个国王之前的 |
[19:15] | can place a king on the English throne. | 短暂过渡 |
[19:17] | I found evidence which confirms | 我找到了 |
[19:18] | their choice is Joseph Tudor. | 他们选择约瑟夫·都铎的证据 |
[19:20] | It’s between two stone planters | 在院子西南角 |
[19:22] | in the southwest corner of the courtyard. | 两个石头花盆中间 |
[19:23] | Now get it and make your way to the docks. | 赶紧拿上它去码头吧 |
[19:26] | There is a ship set to sail later tonight. | 那里有艘船 今晚起航 |
[19:28] | Now Tudor is being held on board. | 都铎就被关在船上 |
[19:31] | You must go to England | 你必须替我回英格兰 |
[19:32] | in my stead and put both him | 把他和那些文件 |
[19:33] | and those documents in front of Elizabeth. | 呈现在伊丽莎白面前 |
[19:35] | And I’m to return to a country | 让我回到一个 |
[19:36] | where I am scorned, challenged to duels in the streets? | 我被嘲笑 被迫在街上决斗的地方吗 |
[19:39] | You will return having uncovered an assassination plot. | 你是要回去揭穿一个刺杀阴谋 |
[19:42] | Not only are you saving the woman you love, | 你不仅救了你心爱的女人 |
[19:44] | but this will work towards giving you something | 还会得到一件 |
[19:45] | I imagine you very much seek… | 我猜你非常想要的东西 |
[19:48] | …A second chance in England. | 第二次在英格兰立足的机会 |
[19:49] | Give Mary an excuse | 给玛丽一个 |
[19:50] | why you must leave court and go. | 你必须离开的理由 然后走吧 |
[19:54] | I bet you’ve never done a thing in your life | 我敢说你从未做过一件 |
[19:55] | which didn’t also benefit yourself. | 你不会从中获利的事情 |
[19:59] | So what is it now? | 你现在又打的什么算盘 |
[20:02] | I understand why you have this opinion of me. | 我明白你为什么会对我有这种看法 |
[20:05] | But the truth is, when I am in service to a queen, | 但事实是 当我效忠于一位女王时 |
[20:08] | I am in service to a queen. | 我就是在效忠一位女王 |
[20:10] | It was true with Elizabeth’s predecessor, | 我这样对伊丽莎白的前任 |
[20:11] | and it’s true with Elizabeth now. | 现在也这样对伊丽莎白 |
[20:13] | I’m trying to save her life, | 我在试图救她的命 |
[20:15] | and I’m asking you to help me! | 而我在请求你帮助我 |
[20:19] | I’ll do it. | 我做 |
[20:32] | I apologize for the blade, | 抱歉用匕首偷袭 |
[20:33] | but I’ve seen the destruction you can cause, Geant, | 但我见识过你的破坏力 吉安 |
[20:36] | and I am in need of answers. | 而且我急需答案 |
[20:37] | Where were you three nights ago? | 你三天前的晚上在哪里 |
[20:40] | In the ring. | 在竞技场 |
[20:42] | Fighting before a crowd of a hundred. | 在一百人面前打斗 |
[20:44] | What is this about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[20:49] | Your father… | 你的父亲 |
[20:51] | what do you know of him? | 你对他了解多少 |
[20:53] | Nothing. | 一无所知 |
[20:55] | You wear his helmet. | 你戴着他的头盔 |
[20:58] | All I have of a man that I’ve never met. | 这就是他给我的全部 |
[21:01] | But more than I got from my mother, | 但起码比我从母亲那里得到的多 |
[21:02] | whose only gift was to leave me to die in the woods. | 她唯一的馈赠就是扔下我在树林里等死 |
[21:06] | You’ve become something of a legend in the sparring pits. | 你在竞技场是个传奇 |
[21:09] | Ah, people love a good battle. | 人们都喜欢精彩的打斗 |
[21:11] | But if you’ve been sent to try and recruit me | 但如果你是因为那个该死的头盔 |
[21:14] | because of that damn helmet… | 而来招募我的话 |
[21:16] | …again, the answer is no. | 我的回答依然是不 |
[21:20] | Who tried to recruit you? | 谁试图招募过你 |
[21:22] | Some men approached me recently, | 最近有人来联系我 |
[21:24] | having heard of a champion who fights | 因为听说有一个 |
[21:26] | wearing a Red Knights’ helmet. | 戴着红衣骑士头盔打斗的冠军 |
[21:27] | They asked me to join their cause, | 他们邀请我加入他们的事业 |
[21:29] | revenge on the queen mother. | 向太后寻仇 |
[21:34] | And what was your response? | 你是怎么回答他们的 |
[21:35] | I sent them on their way. | 我没理他们 |
[21:38] | I see no point in avenging a father I never knew. | 我不觉得给没见过的父亲复仇有什么意义 |
[21:41] | Can you give me any details about these men | 你能给我讲讲任何关于这些人 |
[21:42] | that might reveal their identities? | 身份的细节吗 |
[21:44] | Highborn? Lowborn? | 出身高贵还是低贱 |
[21:46] | One man wore a ruby ring. | 其中一个人戴了一枚红宝石戒指 |
[21:48] | He said he’d give it to me | 他说如果我加入 |
[21:49] | if I’d join their cause. | 就送给我 |
[22:17] | You’ve been threatening Catherine de Medici from afar, | 你远远地威胁过凯瑟琳·德·梅第奇 |
[22:19] | claiming to be the Red Knights. | 还自称是红衣骑士 |
[22:21] | Well, now you’re going to face the woman herself. | 现在 你要自己面对这个女人了 |
[22:30] | After Mary’s nuptials to Robert Dudley, | 在玛丽和罗伯特·达德利结婚之后 |
[22:33] | will you be inviting her to English court? | 你会邀请她来英国宫廷吗 |
[22:35] | Why do you ask? | 为什么问这个 |
[22:37] | The more time I spend by your side, | 在你身边待得越久 |
[22:39] | the more I think you two might get on. | 我越觉得你们会合得来 |
[22:41] | Not to mention, it would be a great opportunity | 更不用说 这将是一个向全世界显示 |
[22:42] | to show the world you are two queens united. | 两位女王联手的绝佳机会 |
[22:45] | You must miss your friend. | 你一定很想念你的朋友 |
[22:48] | I do. | 是的 |
[22:53] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[22:55] | All of you | 你们所有人 |
[22:56] | pressured me to pick a successor, | 给我施压 让我选个继承人 |
[22:58] | for the good of the realm. | 为了国家利益 |
[23:01] | And against my better judgment, | 我违背自己的意愿 |
[23:03] | I did. | 照做了 |
[23:04] | The only good to come of this | 唯一的好处 |
[23:06] | was my decision to send Robert Dudley to French court. | 就是我决定派罗伯特·达德利去法国宫廷 |
[23:10] | Because while he was there, | 因为在那期间 |
[23:11] | he uncovered a Vatican plot to kill me. | 他发现了罗马教廷要谋杀我的阴谋 |
[23:14] | But that was not to be the end of their plan. | 但这还不是全部 |
[23:16] | After Elizabeth’s successor, Mary Stuart, took the throne, | 在继承人玛丽·斯图尔特继承王位后 |
[23:19] | the Vatican intended to let the queen of Scots fall, | 罗马教廷还要毁掉这位苏格兰女王 |
[23:21] | in order to install a Catholic king, | 为了安一个天主教国王 |
[23:23] | an Englishman with a claim to the throne | 一个自称拥有继承权 |
[23:26] | and an eagerness to have it. | 渴望登上王位的英格兰人 |
[23:27] | That man is Joseph Tudor. | 他就是约瑟夫·都铎 |
[23:29] | This is the fault | 这是在做所有人 |
[23:30] | of everyone in this room. | 所犯的错 |
[23:33] | Forcing me to open the door to the possibility | 逼迫我敞开大门 |
[23:36] | that even a queen | 接受女王都能被替换的 |
[23:38] | can be replaced. | 可能性 |
[23:39] | Certainly you aren’t suggesting | 您应该不会建议我们 |
[23:41] | we go up against the Vatican? | 起来对抗罗马教廷吧 |
[23:43] | To accuse them outright would be to declare war. | 直接指控他们就是宣战 |
[23:45] | No, Joseph Tudor will be blamed for this. | 不 要怪罪约瑟夫·都铎 |
[23:48] | The traitor has been brought home to England, | 这个叛徒已经被带回了英格兰 |
[23:51] | where I have ordered him to be drawn and quartered. | 我可以下令将他四马分尸 |
[23:54] | That will serve as an example | 这就是杀鸡儆猴 |
[23:56] | to anyone | 给那些 |
[23:57] | who dare threaten my reign. | 胆敢觊觎我王位的人看 |
[23:59] | We all owe a show of gratitude | 我们都应该感激 |
[24:02] | to Robert Dudley, | 罗伯特·达德利 |
[24:04] | the Earl of Leicester. | 莱斯特伯爵 |
[24:13] | Hail Dudley. | 赞美达德利 |
[24:14] | Hail Dudley! | 赞美达德利 |
[24:16] | As for Mary Stuart, | 至于玛丽·斯图尔特 |
[24:19] | I am rescinding my offer. | 我会撤销我的提议 |
[24:21] | I shall never name an heir, unless it is my own child. | 我永远不会承认非我亲生的继承人 |
[24:26] | To name a successor | 任命一个继承人 |
[24:27] | is to place a target on oneself. | 就是树了一个靶子 |
[24:30] | And so long as I live, | 我活着一天 |
[24:32] | I shall be the queen of England. | 我就必须是英格兰女王 |
[24:35] | And when I am dead, | 我死之后 |
[24:37] | whoever has the most right shall succeed me. | 权力最高者即为继承人 |
[24:42] | It worked. | 成功了 |
[24:43] | Elizabeth has rescinded her offer to name me her successor. | 伊丽莎白撤回了给我的提议 |
[24:46] | She attributes the entire plot | 她将整个阴谋 |
[24:47] | to Joseph Tudor, who has been executed. | 都推到约瑟夫·都铎身上 他已经被处决了 |
[24:49] | Does the Vatican suspect you were involved? | 罗马教廷怀疑你参与其中了吗 |
[24:51] | I kept them in the dark. | 我都是秘密进行的 |
[24:52] | I gave Archbishop Ridolfi the news. | 我把消息告诉给里多而菲 |
[24:54] | He assured me that I continue to have | 他向我保证 罗马教廷 |
[24:56] | the Vatican’s full support for my return to Scotland. | 依然会全力支持我回苏格兰 |
[24:59] | That is wonderful, | 那太好了 |
[25:00] | as is knowing you are no longer engaged. | 你也没有婚约在身 |
[25:02] | I guess I’ll be expected to continue my duty | 我应该要继续我引诱你的 |
[25:05] | to seduce you. | 职责了 |
[25:06] | So you don’t make another marriage alliance. | 这样你不能继续联姻 |
[25:11] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[25:12] | The Vatican knows they’ve been caught. | 罗马教廷知道露馅了 |
[25:13] | They want to punish someone, | 他们想要惩罚替罪羊 |
[25:14] | and that someone is you. | 那就是你 |
[25:16] | But Dudley claimed credit | 但达德利已经承认 |
[25:17] | for absconding with Joseph Tudor. | 拐走了约瑟夫·都铎 |
[25:18] | That’s why the Vatican were forced | 罗马教廷才被迫 |
[25:20] | to drop their charge against me. | 撤销对我的指控 |
[25:21] | They are convinced that you were Dudley’s accomplice | 他们确信你是达德利的同谋 |
[25:23] | in undermining their plot. | 暗中破坏他们的计划 |
[25:24] | What jurisdiction does the Church have in France? | 法国教会还有没有管辖权了 |
[25:27] | None, which is why | 没有 所以 |
[25:28] | the Archbishop is going to approach the regent | 主教才会去找摄政王 |
[25:30] | and ask her to hand you over. | 让她把你交出去 |
[25:32] | – Hand me over? – The Vatican wants | -交出去 -罗马教廷 |
[25:33] | to take you to Rome, put you on trial, | 想带你去罗马 审判你 |
[25:36] | and have you hanged | 用亵渎信仰的名义 |
[25:37] | for acts of aggression against the Faith. | 将你绞死 |
[25:39] | They have no evidence but for a testimony from some servant boy. | 除了一个仆人的话 他们没有证据 |
[25:42] | They will create evidence. | 他们会制造证据 |
[25:44] | This can’t be happening. | 这不可能 |
[25:47] | I need to take my daughter, and… and… and leave. | 我得带上女儿走 |
[25:50] | With your best horses, we can make it to the Netherlands | 有你最好的马 我们可以在几天之内 |
[25:52] | in a few days time. | 到荷兰去 |
[25:53] | If you escape, and then you are caught, | 如果你逃跑 一旦被抓 |
[25:54] | it will only solidify the impression of your guilt. | 他们就会坚信你的罪行 |
[25:56] | I will talk to the one person who can save your life. | 我会和能拯救你性命的人谈谈 |
[25:59] | I don’t give my heart or give up easily. | 我不会轻易付出真心 也不会轻易放弃 |
[26:01] | We won’t end like this. | 我们不会这样收场 |
[26:03] | Not with your death. | 你不会死 |
[26:10] | The king’s deputy, Sebastian, who captured you, | 国王副手 塞巴斯蒂安 抓住了你 |
[26:13] | believes there’s an informant in the king’s guard. | 认为国王守卫里有内奸 |
[26:15] | Is that true? | 这是真的吗 |
[26:24] | Who told you about | 谁告诉你 |
[26:25] | our investigation in Dijon? | 我们去第戎调查了 |
[26:31] | If you think you’re not going to talk, | 如果你选择不说 |
[26:33] | you are mistaken. | 你就错了 |
[26:42] | Do you have other agents | 你们还有没有人 |
[26:43] | who infiltrated the castle? | 渗透进了城堡 |
[26:45] | Only time will tell. | 时间会证明一切 |
[26:47] | Ah, he speaks. | 说话了 |
[26:48] | What is your connection to the original Red Knights? | 你和原来的红衣骑士有什么关系 |
[26:51] | Who are your conspirators? | 你的同党是谁 |
[27:00] | Answer and the pain will stop. | 回答我 你就不用遭罪 |
[27:03] | Christophe, our friend here doesn’t seem | 克里斯多夫 我们的朋友似乎 |
[27:05] | too attached to his hands. | 不想要他的手了 |
[27:08] | Let’s see how he feels about his eyes. | 看看他想不想要眼睛 |
[27:12] | Have you heard of Spirits of Salts? | 你听说过盐酸吗 |
[27:14] | It’s used to etch designs into metal | 用来蚀刻金属 |
[27:16] | by corroding it. | 腐蚀性很强 |
[27:17] | Imagine what one drop can do | 想象一下滴上一滴到眼睛里 |
[27:19] | to a human eye. | 会是什么感觉 |
[27:21] | Did you frame me for poisoning Francis? | 你有没有陷害我给弗朗西斯下毒 |
[27:25] | Was Cardinal Morel one of yours? | 莫雷主教是你们的同党吗 |
[27:32] | How do you plan to destroy me?! | 你们计划毁了我吗 |
[27:42] | Destroy you? | 毁了你 |
[27:43] | This is about destroying | 我们要摧毁的 |
[27:44] | the entire House of Valois. | 是整个瓦卢瓦王朝 |
[27:47] | Your corrupt rule is in its final days. | 你腐朽的统治会是王朝的末日 |
[27:54] | There’s a reason I saved you one eye. | 我饶了你一只眼是有理由的 |
[27:56] | So when I open up your chest, | 这样当我打开你的胸膛时 |
[27:58] | you can see your own beating heart. | 你可以看到自己跳动的心脏 |
[28:01] | Your boy seems to like this work. | 你的人似乎很喜欢这项工作 |
[28:05] | Your answers can stop him. | 你的回答可以让他停手 |
[28:09] | Never. | 休想 |
[28:10] | I will not be the first to die | 我不会是为这个计划 |
[28:11] | for this cause, | 第一个牺牲的人 |
[28:13] | nor the last. | 也不是最后一个 |
[28:14] | We are legion. | 我们人数众多 |
[28:20] | Christophe. | 克里斯多夫 |
[28:29] | If the gold was to be dropped in a vacant room | 如果街上有旅馆空房间里 |
[28:31] | at the inn down the street, why is Thomas at a tavern? | 有钱可以赚 托马斯为什么会在酒馆里 |
[28:34] | Maybe he needed a drink to calm his nerves. | 也许他需要喝一杯来缓解紧张 |
[28:36] | He hasn’t ordered one yet. | 他还没点酒呢 |
[28:38] | He seems awfully calm. | 他看起来很冷静啊 |
[28:40] | Making fast friends. | 还有交易呢 |
[28:42] | I’m sure it’s nothing. | 肯定没什么 |
[28:44] | Well, I don’t like it. | 不行 |
[28:45] | We need to hear what they’re up to. | 我们必须听到他们要去做什么 |
[28:49] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[28:50] | I’m going over there. | 我要过去 |
[28:51] | No, Claude, wait. | 不 克劳德 等等 |
[28:55] | Some ale, gentlemen? | 来点麦芽酒吗 先生们 |
[28:56] | – No. – Oh, but ours is world famous. | -不要 -我们的酒可是世界第一啊 |
[28:59] | King Charles once came in for a pint. | 查尔斯国王都来喝过一杯呢 |
[29:02] | Oh, I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:04] | Clumsy me. | 我真笨 |
[29:08] | Uh, get away from us, you wench. | 离我们远点 村姑 |
[29:11] | A thousand pardons. | 非常抱歉 |
[29:13] | We need to stop that transaction. | 我们必须阻止他们的交易 |
[29:15] | Greer’s brother-in-law isn’t being blackmailed at all. | 葛瑞尔的妹夫根本不是要敲诈她 |
[29:19] | Your brother-in-law was buying a château | 你的妹夫要在瑞士买别墅 |
[29:20] | in Switzerland with your money. | 用你的钱 |
[29:23] | Thank you, Leith. | 谢谢 利思 |
[29:24] | If you could return my gold to the counting house, | 你帮我把钱拿去账房吧 |
[29:26] | I’ll handle it from here. | 我来接手处理他 |
[29:31] | Were you planning to move away without telling me? | 你打算不告诉我就搬走吗 |
[29:34] | Take my baby under the cover of night? | 趁晚上夺走我的孩子 |
[29:37] | I wasn’t taking your baby. | 我没带夺走的孩子 |
[29:38] | I was saving it from this moral cesspool. | 我是要把他救出这个道德的污水坑 |
[29:40] | The blackmailer lectures me on morality? | 敲诈犯还给我上道德课啦 |
[29:44] | It was my idea, Greer. | 是我的主意 葛瑞尔 |
[29:46] | I convinced Thomas to do it. | 我让托马斯这么做的 |
[29:49] | You? | 你 |
[29:50] | After all I have done for you, | 我为你做了这么多 |
[29:52] | you were going to raise my child | 你不告诉我一声就打算 |
[29:54] | in another country without telling me? | 在异国抚养我的孩子吗 |
[29:56] | Was this your plan all along? | 你一开始就计划好的吗 |
[29:57] | No. We arrived with the best of intentions. | 不 我们抱着好意而来 |
[30:01] | This was my opportunity to finally become a mother, | 这是我成为母亲的最后机会 |
[30:04] | and of course I wanted you to be involved in the child’s life, | 我当然也想让你参与到孩子的生活中 |
[30:07] | but I realized you were never going to let go. | 但我发现你不会放手 |
[30:11] | Not really. | 不会真的放手 |
[30:12] | And there was no me or Thomas. | 根本没我或者托马斯的事 |
[30:14] | Just you, as the mother, as the provider, | 只有你 作为母亲 作为供养者 |
[30:17] | as the decision-maker. | 作为决定者 |
[30:19] | Not as the doting aunt, | 而不把自己当做慈爱的阿姨 |
[30:20] | as you initially promised. | 像你一开始承诺的那样 |
[30:22] | Greer, I wanted a baby, | 葛瑞尔 我想要个孩子 |
[30:24] | not a job as your baby’s governess. | 而不是当你孩子的教母 |
[30:27] | Then why didn’t you say something? | 你为什么不说呢 |
[30:29] | I said it a hundred ways | 我一直在表达这个意思 |
[30:31] | but you never heard me. | 但你从不听我的 |
[30:33] | You wouldn’t even let me name my child. | 你甚至不让我起名字 |
[30:36] | I was willing to give up so much for you. | 我本想为你牺牲那么多 |
[30:40] | But now I want you out of my life forever. | 但现在我不想再看到你 |
[30:45] | I can protect this child. | 我能保护这个孩子 |
[30:47] | How? | 怎么可能 |
[30:48] | It will always be the bastard of a fallen lady. | 他永远都会是堕落女人的私生子 |
[30:51] | It will be spat upon. | 会被侮辱 |
[30:53] | Thomas and I, we lied to you. | 托马斯和我是骗了你 |
[30:55] | Yes. But we would have given this baby | 没错 但我们能给这个孩子 |
[30:58] | a better home. | 一个更好的家 |
[31:00] | Compared to you, almost anyone would. | 谁都能比你做得更好 |
[31:03] | Get out. | 出去 |
[31:15] | You ask me | 你让我 |
[31:16] | to defy the Vatican. | 对抗罗马教廷 |
[31:18] | I am asking the regent of France to save Gideon’s life. | 我是请求法国摄政王救吉迪恩的性命 |
[31:21] | He protected me | 他从罗马教廷手中 |
[31:22] | from Vatican control, | 从伊丽莎白的愤怒中 |
[31:24] | and from Elizabeth’s potential wrath. | 保护了我 |
[31:28] | There may be a way to help him. | 可能有方法能就他 |
[31:31] | I am under attack | 我被一群 |
[31:32] | by a rogue group calling themselves the Red Knights. | 自称是红衣骑士的流氓袭击 |
[31:35] | And my best general, | 而我最好的将军 |
[31:37] | imprisoned in England, | 被囚在英格兰 |
[31:39] | could be of great help to me. | 可能能帮我大忙 |
[31:40] | General Gaghan. | 加汉将军 |
[31:43] | Francis’ godfather. | 弗朗西斯的教父 |
[31:44] | Hmm, he’s been devoted to this family. | 他为家族贡献良多 |
[31:47] | He was captured while fighting in Scotland | 他在苏格兰战斗的时候被俘 |
[31:49] | during the Battle of Restalrig. | 就在塔尔里格之战 |
[31:50] | I can offer Elizabeth a prisoner swap. | 我可以向伊丽莎白交换俘虏 |
[31:53] | Gideon in exchange for Gaghan. | 吉迪恩换加汉 |
[31:55] | The only solution you can come up is one | 你能想到的唯一方法 |
[31:58] | that serves your own purposes? | 就是为了自己的利益吗 |
[32:00] | You’ve worked hard to preserve the Vatican’s support | 你努力保住罗马教廷对你的帮助 |
[32:02] | for your return to Scotland. | 以回到苏格兰 |
[32:04] | And while I am glad that you have opened yourself up | 虽然我很高兴你敞开心扉 |
[32:07] | emotionally to Gideon, | 接受了吉迪恩 |
[32:09] | do not let those emotions cloud your judgment. | 但别让感情蒙蔽了你的判断 |
[32:12] | But I will lose him. | 但我会失去他 |
[32:16] | Then I leave the decision to you. | 你来决定吧 |
[32:23] | Make the trade. | 交易吧 |
[32:33] | What are your plans now that you’re no longer engaged? | 你现在没有婚约了 有什么打算 |
[32:35] | I don’t know– I didn’t think it would be up to me. | 不知道 这应该不由我来决定 |
[32:37] | It seems that the queen’s been making most | 似乎女王一直在为我的生活 |
[32:39] | of my life decisions of late. | 做各种决定 |
[32:47] | Catherine de Medici requests the release | 凯瑟琳·德梅底奇要求释放 |
[32:50] | of General Gaghan from the Tower. | 加汉将军 |
[32:52] | In exchange, she will allow Gideon Blackburn, | 作为交换 他会同意吉迪恩·布莱克本 |
[32:54] | suspected enemy of the Catholic Church and France, | 天主教会以及法国的潜在敌人 |
[32:57] | to return to England. | 回到英格兰 |
[32:59] | If not, she will hand him over | 如果不然 她会将他 |
[33:00] | to the Vatican, and he will hang in Rome. | 交给罗马教廷 他们会在罗马绞死他 |
[33:03] | I thought he was a free man. | 我以为他自由了 |
[33:05] | Who somehow infuriated the Pope. | 激怒了教皇的人 |
[33:07] | I guess he can’t charm everyone. | 他无法取悦每个人 |
[33:09] | He’s your ambassador, Elizabeth. | 他是你的大使 伊丽莎白 |
[33:10] | You’re just gonna let him die? | 你要看着他死吗 |
[33:12] | I sent him to France to woo Mary. | 我派他去法国引诱玛丽 |
[33:14] | He’s more a male prostitute | 与其说他是外交家 |
[33:16] | than a master of diplomacy. | 不如说他是个男妓 |
[33:18] | What? | 什么 |
[33:19] | You loathe him. | 你讨厌他啊 |
[33:20] | Besides, I’m not about to trade him | 再说了 我才不会拿他 |
[33:22] | for a general who commanded a battalion | 交换一个将军 这将军指挥的战斗 |
[33:24] | that killed hundreds of my soldiers. | 杀了我成百上千的士兵呢 |
[33:27] | The trade is completely uneven. | 这交易完全不公平 |
[33:30] | I can’t believe I’m saying this, | 我不敢相信我会这么说 |
[33:32] | but you should agree to the trade. | 但你应该同意交易 |
[33:35] | It was Gideon who uncovered | 是吉迪恩发现 |
[33:36] | the Vatican plot against you, not me. | 罗马教廷针对你的计谋 不是我 |
[33:39] | Gideon stayed true to his ambassador’s mission. | 吉迪恩忠于他的大使任务 |
[33:41] | He protected you and the realm. | 他保护了你的你的王位 |
[33:44] | You can thank him for saving your life. | 你要感谢他救了你的命 |
[33:46] | And what of his other mission? | 那他的其他任务呢 |
[33:48] | Did Mary truly fall for him? | 玛丽真的爱上他了吗 |
[33:50] | I believe so, yes. | 我相信是的 |
[33:52] | Then tell me, what would hurt more– | 那告诉我 哪种伤害更深 |
[33:55] | knowing the person you love will die, | 知道你的爱人会死 |
[33:59] | or knowing they are alive, but you cannot have them? | 或者知道他们会活着 但你无法拥有他们 |
[34:03] | Knowing they’re alive. | 知道他们会活着 |
[34:06] | But you can not have them. | 但你无法拥有他们 |
[34:09] | I don’t care if the queen of England | 我不在乎英格兰女王 |
[34:10] | agreed to a prisoner exchange. | 是否会同意换囚 |
[34:12] | Gideon Blackburn is an enemy of the Church, | 吉迪恩·布莱克本都是教会的敌人 |
[34:14] | and he must be punished. | 他必须受到惩罚 |
[34:15] | Have you been to England, Archbishop Ridolfi? | 你去过英格兰吗 里多而菲主教 |
[34:17] | Everything’s damp, the food’s wretched. | 很潮湿 食物也很糟糕 |
[34:20] | Trust me when I say, he will be in his own hell. | 相信我 他会待在自己的地狱里的 |
[34:22] | I don’t think you appreciate | 你不会想知道 |
[34:23] | how upset the Vatican is over this. | 罗马教廷对此有多愤怒 |
[34:25] | This monarchy is under attack | 我这君主正遭受袭击 |
[34:27] | by a group, who I suspect | 一群人呢 其中有一个 |
[34:29] | turned one of your own, Cardinal Morel. | 我怀疑还是你们的人 莫雷主教 |
[34:31] | So you can understand, | 所以你应该能理解 |
[34:33] | why I took the opportunity | 我为什么要抓住机会 |
[34:35] | to get one of my most loyal generals back to France– | 将我最忠诚的将军换回法国 |
[34:38] | a Catholic country, that you and I and Pope Pius | 一个天主教国家 你和我还有庇护教皇 |
[34:41] | all care for greatly. | 都很在意的地方 |
[34:44] | Did King Charles approve this? | 查尔斯国王同意了吗 |
[34:45] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[34:47] | As well as the privy council? | 枢密院也同意了吗 |
[34:49] | Are you asking me if I got permission | 你是问我做出政治决定 |
[34:51] | from the men of this country to make a political move? | 是否征得这个国家的人同意了吗 |
[34:54] | That would be the prudent thing to do. | 谨慎起见 还是那样为好 |
[34:56] | Why do you dismiss me? | 你为什么贬低我 |
[34:58] | Because I’m a woman? | 因为我是女人吗 |
[34:59] | I have a mind of my own. | 我有自己的想法 |
[35:01] | One that leads me to wonder about things, | 我的想法会让我想一些事 |
[35:03] | like your true intentions for Mary, Queen of Scots. | 比如你对苏格兰女王玛丽的真正意图 |
[35:06] | If you were just using her as a puppet. | 你是不是只是把她当木偶利用她 |
[35:09] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[35:10] | I find it hard to believe | 我很难相信 |
[35:11] | that Joseph Tudor acted alone. | 约瑟夫·都铎是一个人行动 |
[35:13] | Makes perfect sense that you wanted Elizabeth unseated, | 这样你想罢免伊丽莎白的事就说得通了 |
[35:17] | and that it would be easy to dupe that poor fool, Mary, | 而且你也能轻易地就骗到可怜的傻瓜玛丽 |
[35:21] | into thinking the Vatican truly wanted her to rule England. | 让她以为罗马教廷想让她统治英格兰 |
[35:24] | Poor fool? | 可怜的傻瓜 |
[35:26] | You’ve always spoken quite highly of her. | 你不是一直对她评价很高吗 |
[35:28] | She lost her husband and her country. | 她失去了自己的丈夫和国家 |
[35:29] | Her guard was down, and you took advantage of it. | 她放松了警惕 你却趁机利用她 |
[35:32] | From where I sit, | 在我看来 |
[35:33] | which is on the French throne | 在我这个法国的 |
[35:34] | as its regent, | 摄政王看来 |
[35:36] | I see the Vatican pushing around female monarchs, | 罗马教廷在欺骗女性执政者 |
[35:39] | and I don’t appreciate it one bit. | 我对此一点都不喜欢 |
[35:42] | You can go now. | 你可以走了 |
[35:46] | It is a great pleasure. | 非常荣幸 |
[35:48] | It was the least I could do. | 略尽微薄之力 |
[35:50] | Lord Narcisse. | 纳西斯伯爵 |
[35:52] | A word. | 借一步说话 |
[35:53] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[35:56] | To what do I owe this pleasure? | 您有何贵干 |
[35:58] | Do you have more false accusations of treason to hurl my way? | 还要诬赖我叛国吗 |
[36:02] | On the contrary, I have come to realize that | 正相反 我已经意识到 |
[36:04] | you were not behind the accusation that I poisoned Francis, | 你不是指责我毒害弗朗西斯的幕后主使 |
[36:08] | or behind the recent appearance of the Red Knights. | 也不是你指使红衣骑士出现的 |
[36:12] | What changed your mind? | 你为什么改变了想法 |
[36:13] | We captured one of the Red Knights’ conspirators. | 我们抓住了红衣骑士的同谋者之一 |
[36:16] | He confessed to a plot to dismantle the monarchy. | 他承认了曾密谋颠覆王权 |
[36:20] | Stephan, your skills of treachery are great, | 斯特凡 你的背叛技术很厉害 |
[36:23] | but your love of country is greater. | 但你对国家的爱更甚 |
[36:25] | You would never have betrayed France in that way. | 你绝不会那样背叛法国 |
[36:28] | And people like you– | 你这样的人 |
[36:29] | people who will protect this country at any cost– | 愿意不惜任何代价保护这个国家的人 |
[36:33] | those are the people that I need around me now. | 现在我需要那样的人在我身边 |
[36:37] | Do I hear the sound of an apology? | 你这是在道歉吗 |
[36:40] | You hear the sound of me asking for your help. | 我这是在请求你的帮助 |
[36:42] | To join me | 加入我 |
[36:43] | in the fight against the Red Knights. | 一起对抗红衣骑士 |
[36:47] | Then my help you shall receive. | 那我愿意帮你 |
[37:02] | Is it done? | 好了吗 |
[37:04] | Our prisoner’s corpse has been hidden, | 囚犯的尸体藏好了 |
[37:06] | even from God’s sight. | 上帝都不知道在哪里 |
[37:08] | I was keen to see if the Spirits of Salts | 我本来很想看看盐酸 |
[37:10] | could dissolve a whole body. | 是不是能溶掉整具尸体 |
[37:12] | It can. | 事实证明可以 |
[37:16] | The Red Knights will strike again, | 红衣骑士会再次出击 |
[37:17] | so I will continue to require your particular… skills. | 所以我会仍然需要你特殊的…技术 |
[37:23] | When he threw himself at my blade | 他扑向我的刀刃时 |
[37:24] | and it pierced his chest, | 刀刺穿了他的心脏 |
[37:26] | hot blood spilling onto my hands… | 热血涌进了我的手里 |
[37:28] | You couldn’t have pulled the knife back? | 你就不能收一下刀吗 |
[37:30] | I needed information from him. | 我需要从他那里得到信息 |
[37:33] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢 |
[37:34] | He caught me off guard, | 当时我一时大意了 |
[37:35] | and my instinct was to drive the knife into him forever. | 我的直觉告诉我要让他长眠地下 |
[37:39] | The instincts of a killer. | 一个杀手的直觉 |
[37:42] | I couldn’t help but notice that | 我不得不承认 |
[37:44] | when you were torturing that man, | 你折磨那个人时 |
[37:46] | it triggered quite… | 激发了一种… |
[37:48] | a reaction. | 反应 |
[37:49] | That I was able to share such an intimate moment… | 我能与你分享这一亲密的时刻 |
[37:52] | to have you by my side as I held a man’s life in my hands… | 在手握一个人的生命时有你在我身边 |
[37:58] | It was exciting, wasn’t it? | 很激动人心 对吗 |
[38:00] | We are no longer lovers, Christophe. | 我们不再是情人了 克里斯多夫 |
[38:02] | Just two people who keep each other’s secrets. | 我们只是两个守着彼此秘密的人 |
[38:06] | So many people want to cause you harm. | 很多人想伤害你 |
[38:08] | All I want is to protect you. | 可我只想保护你 |
[38:13] | So tonight, and every night, | 所以今晚 每晚 |
[38:14] | I will sleep at the foot of your bed. | 我都要睡于你的床尾 |
[38:16] | Christophe, | 克里斯多夫 |
[38:17] | you can’t be serious? | 你不是认真的吧 |
[38:35] | Please, stop that. | 拜托你停下 |
[38:39] | Are you… ? Yes, you are sucking my toes. | 你…没错 你在吮吸我的脚趾头 |
[38:55] | We make a brilliant team, don’t we? | 我们很合拍 对吗 |
[38:58] | Yes, I would say we do. | 是的 确实 |
[39:00] | Not just that. | 不仅是那个 |
[39:02] | Although, that was rather brilliant. | 尽管 刚才确实很棒 |
[39:05] | The other day, working together to expose Greer’s brother-in-law. | 那天合作揭露葛瑞尔的妹夫时 |
[39:10] | I enjoyed that. | 我很喜欢 |
[39:12] | As did I. | 我也是 |
[39:13] | Up until the point where I had to tell Greer | 直到我告诉葛瑞尔 |
[39:16] | her brother-in-law was swindling her. | 她妹夫在欺骗她 |
[39:18] | What if… | 如果… |
[39:22] | Well, I know you want to raise your station | 我知道你想提高自己的地位 |
[39:25] | so that we can be together. | 好让我们在一起 |
[39:27] | What if I helped you? | 如果我帮你呢 |
[39:30] | Claude, I can’t take your money. | 克劳德 我不能收你的钱 |
[39:31] | Especially as I don’t really have any. | 其实我根本没有什么钱 |
[39:34] | To get any, you have to ask the realm. | 要想有钱就得找国家要 |
[39:35] | It’s all very formal and accounted for. | 要经过非常正式复杂的程序 |
[39:38] | I have jewels and the like. | 我有珠宝之类的 |
[39:40] | Claude, really, it’s-it’s all right. | 克劳德 真的不用 |
[39:42] | But I know people. | 但我认识一些人 |
[39:44] | My title opens doors, Leith. | 我的头衔可以帮我们找到门路 利思 |
[39:46] | And that’s what you really need, isn’t it? | 你真正需要的是这个 不是吗 |
[39:49] | So you would provide the contacts, | 所以你给我人脉 |
[39:53] | and I would do the work. | 其它的我去做 |
[39:55] | Yes. | 对 |
[39:56] | And you must work very hard, | 你必须很努力 |
[39:58] | because I want to be with you very much. | 因为我真的很想跟你在一起 |
[40:03] | All right. | 好 |
[40:04] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:05] | Yes. | 真的 |
[40:07] | That’s marvelous. | 太好了 |
[40:10] | Oh, the adventures we’ll have. | 将来的冒险等着我们 |
[40:15] | Be sure to watch out for sea creatures | 你们穿越海峡的时候 |
[40:17] | when you’re crossing the channel. | 一定要注意海里的东西 |
[40:18] | My father says if I see a dolphin, | 父亲说如果看到海豚 |
[40:20] | it means we’ll have good luck. | 那就意味着好运 |
[40:24] | I’ll miss you, Agatha. | 我会想你的 阿加莎 |
[40:27] | I’ll miss you, too. | 我也会想你的 |
[40:34] | I’ll see you at the carriage. | 你先上马车吧 |
[40:40] | Thank you for convincing Catherine to spare me. | 谢谢你说服凯瑟琳绕我一命 |
[40:43] | It’s the least I could do, after all you’ve done for me. | 你为我做了那么多 我做这点算不了什么 |
[40:46] | But now I must continue my service to England. | 但现在我必须继续为英格兰效忠了 |
[40:50] | And you will take back your country. | 你也会夺回你的国家 |
[40:52] | It’s unlikely our paths will cross again. | 我们不可能再有交集了 |
[40:54] | But I will hope that they do, | 但我希望会有 |
[40:55] | that one day I will be walking through Scottish court, | 我希望有一天我走在苏格兰王庭时 |
[40:58] | turn a corner and meet my new English ambassador. | 转角会遇到我的新任英格兰大使 |
[41:03] | I don’t give my heart, | 我不会轻易交付真心 |
[41:05] | or give up easily, either. | 也不会轻言放弃 |
[41:07] | You will see me again. | 你会再见到我的 |