时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | In a year I’ll have an heir. | 一年后 我会有继承人 |
[00:04] | I’ll never have to be with Luc again. | 我就再也不会和卢克在一起了 |
[00:05] | Leith, I won’t fall in love with him, I promise. | 利思 我不会爱上他的 我保证 |
[00:09] | Henri, this ambition | 亨利 你如今的 |
[00:10] | that you carry endangers not only you brother’s life, | 雄心壮志威胁的不仅是你弟弟的生命 |
[00:14] | but your own. | 还有你的 |
[00:15] | Spain wants Henri on the throne | 西班牙想要亨利当国王 |
[00:17] | and you do not have the power to save Charles. | 你也没有能力救查尔斯了 |
[00:21] | It’s called The Goetia, the book of black magic. | 这个是《所罗门之钥》 黑魔法之书 |
[00:23] | And bestow my king with power to conquer all enemies. | 赐予我的王所向披靡的力量 |
[00:26] | Bothwell, I know we hardly know each other, | 博斯威尔 我知道我们才刚认识对方 |
[00:28] | but yet, here I am, asking you to risk everything for me. | 我现在却要你为我冒这么大的险 |
[00:32] | With or without your crown, | 不管你是不是女王 |
[00:35] | I would do anything for you. | 我都会为你做任何事 |
[00:36] | The threats you made can never be taken back. | 你造成的威胁无法弥补 |
[00:39] | – We are finished. – Then, from now on, | -我们完了 -那从现在起 |
[00:40] | I will do nothing but drink | 我什么都不会做 |
[00:42] | and whore my way through Scotland. | 只会喝酒 睡遍全苏格兰的妓女 |
[00:44] | Bothwell, arrest him. | 博斯威尔 逮捕他 |
[00:45] | You can’t arrest me. All I have to do is | 你不能逮捕我 我需要做的只是 |
[00:47] | say that that child isn’t mine | 说这个孩子不是我的 |
[00:49] | and you and your heir will both pay the price. | 那你和你的继承人就会得到报应 |
[00:51] | You would condemn your own child? | 你竟然怪罪于你自己的孩子 |
[00:53] | And who would believe you? | 谁会相信你 |
[00:55] | Any man would. | 所有人 |
[00:59] | Dear Lord, we thank thee for this humble offering… | 主啊 谢谢您赐予我们的食物 |
[01:04] | What’s happening? What’s happening? | 怎么回事 怎么回事 |
[01:06] | – Father! – Under the table! Under the table! | -父亲 -躲在桌下 |
[01:12] | No! | 不 |
[01:19] | The damage to the region was devastating. | 全国受灾惨重 |
[01:21] | Hundreds were pulled from the rubble. | 成百上千房屋被毁 |
[01:23] | The survivors are gathering wherever they can, | 幸存者正四处聚集 |
[01:24] | without food or shelter. | 没有食物也没有住处 |
[01:26] | It is a terrible tragedy. | 真是可怕的灾难 |
[01:28] | We must pray that God has mercy on their souls. | 我们必须祈祷上帝保佑他们 |
[01:31] | Indeed, Lord Ruthven. | 是啊 卢斯文大人 |
[01:32] | But they’ll need more than God’s mercy. | 但他们不只需要上帝的保佑 |
[01:35] | With winter coming, | 冬天即将到来 |
[01:35] | they need food, medicine and shelter immediately. | 他们急需食物 药物和住处 |
[01:38] | Not to mention rebuilding the villages | 更别提还要重建 |
[01:39] | that have been destroyed. | 被毁的村庄了 |
[01:41] | All of which costs money. | 这些都需要钱 |
[01:43] | And what are the finances of Scotland to you? | 苏格兰对你有什么好处 |
[01:45] | I thought you were some sort of traveling merchant. | 你不是个四处游历的商人吗 |
[01:48] | David Rizzio is my advisor, | 大卫·里齐奥是我的大臣 |
[01:50] | and as a businessman from Turin, he is an expert in accounting. | 作为来自都灵的商人 他精于计算 |
[01:53] | Well, I don’t know | 我不知道 |
[01:54] | how they account for their money in Turin, but in Scotland, | 都灵的人怎么算钱 但在苏格兰 |
[01:57] | a fund for catastrophic events | 灾难事件的资助 |
[01:59] | has already been set aside and managed by the Crown. | 已经提前预留并由王室掌管 |
[02:03] | But if the costs were to run higher than expected, | 但如果花费超出预期 |
[02:06] | we had hoped that we could count on the privy council | 我们希望枢密院能够 |
[02:08] | for additional support. | 提供额外的支持 |
[02:09] | Surely you are not suggesting that we take money | 你不是在暗示我们从其他必要支出里 |
[02:12] | from other necessary expenses? | 抽出钱来吧 |
[02:14] | Especially when an emergency fund | 尤其是我们已经 |
[02:16] | has already been established. | 设立了紧急事件资金 |
[02:18] | Unless there has been some mismanagement by the Crown? | 难道王室管理出了问题 |
[02:20] | – Of course not. – Because there are rumors | -当然没有 -因为有传言说 |
[02:22] | that you struggle financially | 你那昂贵的天主教婚礼 |
[02:24] | due to your expensive Catholic wedding | 以及不断对抗英格兰的行为 |
[02:26] | and your constant maneuvers against England. | 让你的财政状况很紧张 |
[02:29] | If the privy council were forced to pay | 如果要让枢密院 |
[02:31] | – for your mistakes… – They won’t be. | -为你的错误买单… -不会的 |
[02:33] | I look forward to reporting on the relief effort | 下一次枢密院会议我会报告 |
[02:35] | at the next privy council meeting. | 救灾情况 |
[02:37] | Thank you, Lord Ruthven. | 谢谢你 卢斯文大人 |
[02:42] | Lord Ruthven, | 卢斯文大人 |
[02:43] | before you go, I’d like to show you some… | 你走之前 我想让你看一些… |
[02:45] | It appears your meeting didn’t go as planned. | 看来你们的会面没有达到目标啊 |
[02:49] | What went wrong? | 出了什么问题 |
[02:51] | Did you ask Lord Ruthven for money? | 你向卢斯文大人要钱了吗 |
[02:53] | Reverend Knox. | 诺克斯教士 |
[02:55] | Are you here to bring comfort to the suffering, | 你是来安抚痛苦的民众 |
[02:56] | or merely bring suffering to me? | 还是只想让我痛苦 |
[02:58] | I came to preach the word of God to these poor people | 我来是为了在这些可怜人需要的时候 |
[03:01] | in their time of need. | 传达上帝的话语 |
[03:02] | This disaster is more than an emergency for Scotland. | 这场灾难不仅是苏格兰的紧急事件 |
[03:06] | It’s an emergency for your rule. | 也是你统治地位的紧急事件 |
[03:08] | If you can’t provide for your people, | 如果你不能满足人民的需求 |
[03:10] | it will expose your failures as a leader. | 就会暴露你作为领导人的失败 |
[03:12] | How can you call yourself a man of God | 为了你自己的政治目的 |
[03:15] | when you would use the suffering of others | 居然利用其他人的痛苦 |
[03:17] | to further your political agenda? | 你居然还称自己为上帝的使者 |
[03:18] | Letting you fall is the best thing I can do | 让你失势是我能为苏格兰人民 |
[03:20] | for the people of Scotland. | 带来的最大福音 |
[03:22] | You scheme for power, | 你追逐权利 |
[03:23] | you married a traitor… | 嫁给叛徒 |
[03:26] | …you even betrayed your brother James, | 甚至背叛了亲弟弟詹姆斯 |
[03:28] | stripping him of his land and title, | 为了自保 你夺走了他的头衔和封地 |
[03:29] | and banishing him to save yourself. | 还将他驱逐出了苏格兰 |
[03:31] | You are responsible for the deceit | 正是你骗詹姆斯 |
[03:33] | that led to James’ involvement in Lord Hamilton’s death, | 卷入了汉密尔顿大人之死 |
[03:36] | and we both know it. | 我们心里都清楚 |
[03:37] | No, you are responsible. | 不 那是因为你 |
[03:39] | For all of it. | 所有都是因为你 |
[03:41] | Now, either you fail your people, | 如今 要么你让人民失望 |
[03:43] | or you ask the privy council for extra funds | 要么你向枢密院额外要钱 |
[03:45] | and reveal your weakness. | 暴露你的弱点 |
[03:46] | Either way, you take one more step | 不论哪种 你都向最终 |
[03:48] | towards your eventual removal from the throne. | 走下王位更近了一步 |
[03:55] | Looks like I win again. | 看来我又赢了 |
[03:56] | Straight through the heart. | 正中红心 |
[03:58] | Just like Cupid’s arrow. | 就像爱神的箭 |
[04:00] | Well, I think that we should get | 我门应该开始下一轮了 |
[04:01] | another turn, Claude starts quivering | 每次我抱住克劳德 |
[04:04] | every time I put my arms around her. | 她就开始发抖 |
[04:06] | I do not. | 我没有 |
[04:08] | And even if I did, | 就算我发抖了 |
[04:09] | no one ever beats Charles. | 也没人赢得过查尔斯 |
[04:11] | He’s the best archer in the family. | 他是家里最厉害的弓箭手 |
[04:12] | We let him think so, anyway. | 都是我们让他的 |
[04:16] | I’m happy to prove myself against you, Brother. | 我很愿意向你证明这一点 弟弟 |
[04:18] | It was a joke, Charles. | 这只是个玩笑 查尔斯 |
[04:20] | Besides, I promised Mother | 而且我向母亲保证过 |
[04:21] | I’d stop challenging the king of France. | 不再挑战法国国王 |
[04:23] | Don’t let my crown get in the way. | 别让王冠阻碍了我们 |
[04:26] | I know how much you want it. | 我知道你有多想要这个王冠 |
[04:28] | In fact, | 其实 |
[04:30] | I’ll wager you for it. | 我要拿王冠和你打赌 |
[04:32] | If I shoot that apple off your head, you bow to me. | 如果我射中了你头上的苹果 你就要臣服于我 |
[04:35] | If I miss, | 如果我失手了 |
[04:36] | the crown is yours. | 王冠就是你的了 |
[04:37] | If you miss, | 如果你失手 |
[04:38] | Henri could be dead. | 可能就杀死亨利了 |
[04:40] | One of us has to be. | 我们之中总要死一个 |
[04:41] | Your Majesty, with all due respect… | 陛下 恕我直言… |
[04:43] | This is between me and my brother! | 这是我和弟弟之间的事 |
[04:53] | Maybe some other time. | 下次吧 |
[04:58] | Charles! | 查尔斯 |
[04:59] | – Henri, you all right? – He’s fine. | -亨利 你没事吧 -他没事 |
[05:01] | But he’s not the king. | 但他不是国王 |
[05:05] | – Nicole. – My love. | -妮可 -亲爱的 |
[05:08] | Steady. | 稳住 |
[05:16] | The lords of the privy council | 枢密院的大臣们 |
[05:17] | would like to throw a luncheon for you and the archduke | 想为你和大公办一个午宴 |
[05:20] | when he returns from Austria with a marriage contract. | 等他从奥地利带回婚约的时候 |
[05:23] | Add it to my schedule, Lord Blackburn. | 写进我的日程吧 布莱克本大人 |
[05:26] | Jane, is my tea cold? | 简 我的茶凉了吗 |
[05:28] | I couldn’t say, Your Majesty. | 我不知道 陛下 |
[05:31] | Taste it and tell me. | 尝一下再告诉我 |
[05:43] | It’s quite warm. | 很烫 |
[05:47] | Well, | 好吧 |
[05:48] | this one is ruined. | 这杯不能喝了 |
[05:49] | Take it away and have them bring me another. | 拿走让他们再倒一杯 |
[05:57] | Elizabeth, you are safe. | 伊丽莎白 你很安全 |
[05:59] | Your food is regularly tested for poison. | 你的食物是有人试毒的 |
[06:01] | Perhaps I’d feel more relaxed if my court | 如果有人帮我在宫廷里 |
[06:04] | were regularly tested for traitors. | 试出谁是叛徒的话我会更轻松 |
[06:06] | I told you, a very small group of Catholic nobles | 我告诉过你了 一小撮天主教贵族 |
[06:09] | tried to engineer an insurrection against you; | 试图发动叛乱 |
[06:12] | they failed, and they have been punished. | 他们失败了 也受到了惩罚 |
[06:14] | Your subjects support you now more than ever. | 你的臣民从未像现在这样支持你 |
[06:16] | Because I am providing them with a Catholic king. | 因为我要给他们一个天主教国王了 |
[06:19] | An engagement you told me must happen for my own protection. | 是你说这个婚约能保我安全 |
[06:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[06:24] | This is difficult for both of us. | 这对我们来说很难 |
[06:27] | Could reassure you better | 如果你让我进你房间的话 |
[06:28] | if you let me come to your chambers. | 你会更安心一些 |
[06:30] | How can I? | 怎么可能 |
[06:32] | I am about to become engaged. | 我马上就要订婚了 |
[06:34] | I must appear above reproach. | 我必须表现完美 |
[06:36] | Even with the archduke gone, | 就算大公不在 |
[06:37] | all eyes at court are on me. | 宫廷里所有人都看着我 |
[06:39] | I am surrounded by false friends who either | 我身边都是虚伪的朋友 |
[06:41] | want to throw an engagement party or have me killed. | 不是想让我订婚就是想让我死 |
[06:43] | It’s unbearable. | 我简直难以忍受 |
[06:45] | Come away with me. | 和我走 |
[06:47] | – Don’t joke. – I’m serious. | -别开玩笑了 -我是认真的 |
[06:49] | I have access to a remote cottage up the coast. | 我到过岸边的一座遥远的小屋 |
[06:53] | Slip away and meet me there. | 溜出去在那里和我见面吧 |
[06:55] | I’m the queen of England, Gideon. | 我是英格兰女王 吉迪恩 |
[06:58] | I can’t slip away. | 我怎么溜出去 |
[06:59] | Oh, just for a day or two. | 就一两天而已 |
[07:01] | Make an excuse, say you need… | 找个借口 说你需要 |
[07:03] | a sabbatical for secluded prayer and reflection. | 休假去祷告和反思 |
[07:07] | You cannot remain under this cloud of fear and suspicion. | 你不能再待在恐惧和猜疑之中了 |
[07:10] | If you stay here, | 如果你留在这里 |
[07:12] | the pressure of it will drive you mad. | 压力会逼你发疯的 |
[07:13] | Just as desire will drive me mad | 就像如果我再只能触碰你的手 |
[07:16] | if I can’t touch more than your hand. | 欲望会逼我发疯一样 |
[07:18] | What part of me were you thinking of touching? | 那你想触碰我哪个部分 |
[07:25] | Your request has been noted… | 你的请求我知道了 |
[07:28] | …Lord Blackburn. | 布莱克本大人 |
[07:31] | See to the arrangements immediately. | 马上就安排 |
[07:33] | Of course, Your Majesty. | 好的 陛下 |
[07:36] | Inform the King Consort | 告诉国王配偶 |
[07:37] | that his wife is here to see him. | 他的妻子来见他了 |
[07:45] | A visit from the queen. | 女王来访 |
[07:47] | What an unexpected honor. | 真是出乎意料啊 |
[07:49] | Don’t expect her to bow, she’s Russian. | 别想让她鞠躬 她是俄罗斯人 |
[07:53] | Doesn’t speak a word of English. | 听不懂英文 |
[07:55] | Probably doesn’t know who you are. | 可能也不知道你是谁 |
[07:59] | What do you think of her new necklace? | 你觉得她的项链如何 |
[08:02] | It really brings out her breasts, don’t you think? | 很能衬托她的胸 你觉得呢 |
[08:06] | I need to talk to you. Alone. | 我要单独和你谈谈 |
[08:19] | We agreed to maintain | 我们都同意 |
[08:20] | the image of a proper marriage. | 保持婚姻完好的表象 |
[08:23] | Everyone at court thinks you’re here managing your estate. | 宫廷里的人都以为你在管理你的城堡 |
[08:25] | Don’t worry, | 别担心 |
[08:26] | I’ve kept my less savory activities quiet. | 我会保密的 |
[08:30] | Not entirely. | 也不全是 |
[08:31] | Lord Ruthven knows that we | 卢斯文大人知道 |
[08:33] | have been having financial difficulties. | 我们有经济困难 |
[08:35] | I knew you were being indulgent with your spending, | 我知道你一直在放纵 |
[08:37] | but I didn’t realize how indulgent | 但我不知道你有多放纵 |
[08:39] | until I went to the treasury to withdraw funds | 直到我向国库调 |
[08:41] | for the disaster victims. | 救济灾民的款项 |
[08:43] | They informed me | 他们告诉我 |
[08:44] | that you had taken that money, as well. | 你连那笔钱也拿走了 |
[08:46] | It’s all our money now, darling. | 那些全是我们的钱了 亲爱的 |
[08:50] | You tried to strip me of everything I’m entitled to, | 你试图剥夺我所拥有的一切 |
[08:52] | so I have to take what I can get. | 所以我对能拿到的东西就得据理力争 |
[08:54] | Because you want me to beg you for the money back? | 因为你想让我求你要钱吗 |
[08:56] | No, “Beg” Is an ugly word, I prefer “Negotiate.” | 不 说”求”字太难听了 我更喜欢”谈判” |
[08:59] | There is nothing to negotiate! | 没什么需要谈的 |
[09:01] | The disaster left thousands homeless. | 灾难让成千上万人无家可归 |
[09:03] | You can’t let the Scottish people suffer | 你不能为了惩罚我而让苏格兰人民 |
[09:05] | to punish me. | 遭受折磨 |
[09:07] | I need that money, or whatever is left of it, | 我需要那笔钱 无论还剩多少 |
[09:09] | to help the victims. | 都要拿来救济灾民 |
[09:10] | Despite what you think of me, | 不管你怎么看我 |
[09:12] | I’m not a monster. | 我不是怪物 |
[09:13] | Of course I’ll help you. | 我当然会帮你 |
[09:15] | I have the money right here. | 我这里就有钱 |
[09:22] | You can have it on one condition. | 但有个条件 |
[09:23] | I want to come home to court. | 我想回到宫廷里去 |
[09:25] | You can’t want that any more that I do. | 这可不行 |
[09:28] | We hate each other. | 我们互相仇恨 |
[09:30] | True. | 没错 |
[09:31] | And you are with child, | 而且你有孕在身 |
[09:32] | so marital relations are out of the question. | 所以婚姻关系就免谈了 |
[09:34] | However, returning to court | 但回到宫廷 |
[09:35] | would give me something else: | 能给我一样东西 |
[09:37] | respect. | 尊重 |
[09:39] | People can’t bow to a king they don’t see. | 人们见不到国王是不会鞠躬的 |
[09:42] | I know you want to keep me here to minimize me, | 我知道你想把我留在这里弱化我的存在 |
[09:44] | but bring me home, | 但带我回去 |
[09:46] | an equal by your side, | 平等地站在你旁边 |
[09:48] | and you will have the money. | 你就能拥有这笔钱 |
[09:52] | Those are my terms. | 这就是我的条件 |
[09:54] | If you don’t meet them, | 如果你不同意 |
[09:55] | then you may as well be murdering your own people. | 那你就是杀害人民的刽子手 |
[09:59] | It’s up to you, Mary. | 这由你来选 玛丽 |
[10:01] | The fate of your nation is in your hands. | 你国家的命运就掌握在你的手里 |
[10:13] | You’re not seriously suggesting we throw Darnley a party? | 你不会是真的要我们给达恩利办个宴会吧 |
[10:16] | It’s what he wants. | 那是他想要的 |
[10:17] | Recognition at my side | 承认他在我旁边的地位 |
[10:19] | as we announce the funding for the relief effort. | 这样才能拿到救灾的钱 |
[10:21] | With so many lives at stake, | 如此多人等待救济 |
[10:22] | I have no choice but to welcome him back to court | 我别无选择 只能张开双臂 |
[10:25] | with open arms. | 欢迎他回宫廷 |
[10:26] | He doesn’t belong in the same room with you, | 他根本不能与你共处一室 |
[10:28] | much less at your side. | 何况在你身边 |
[10:29] | There has to be some other way. | 肯定有其他办法 |
[10:30] | Mary and I already spoke with Lord Ruthven. | 玛丽和我已经和卢斯文大人谈过了 |
[10:33] | He made it very clear that if the privy council finds out | 他说得很明白 如果枢密院发现 |
[10:35] | the funds have been mismanaged, Mary will look weak. | 资金被挪用 玛丽会失势 |
[10:37] | And I must appear strong if I want the council’s support | 但我不能失势 如果我想要枢密院 |
[10:40] | when I move on England. | 支持我夺取英格兰的话 |
[10:41] | But you can’t actually trust him | 但你不能相信他 |
[10:42] | to keep his word and give you the money. | 会遵守诺言给你钱 |
[10:44] | Oh, I don’t. But Darnley’s ego | 我不相信 但是达恩利的自大 |
[10:46] | has given us an opportunity. | 给了我们可乘之机 |
[10:47] | While he enjoys his victory show with the nobles, | 当他享受着胜利向贵族展现自己的时候 |
[10:51] | his king’s guards will be here at court, | 国王的侍卫也会在宫里 |
[10:54] | leaving the Lennox estate vulnerable. | 雷诺克斯城堡就会疏于防守 |
[10:55] | While Darnley’s distracted at the party, | 在达恩利注意力都集中在宴会上的时候 |
[10:57] | I could take some men and retrieve the gold. | 我可以带一些人取回那些金子 |
[10:59] | The money belongs to the Crown, David. | 那些钱属于皇室 大卫 |
[11:01] | If you were caught with it, you’d be thrown in jail | 如果你被发现 会以抢劫罪 |
[11:03] | for robbery. | 被关进监狱 |
[11:05] | I need to collect the money myself. | 我需要亲自去 |
[11:06] | Well, I’m going with you. | 好吧 那我和你一起去 |
[11:08] | If it’s Darnley’s money, too, | 如果这也是达恩利的钱 |
[11:09] | he may try to take it back. | 他也许会想办法夺回来 |
[11:10] | The money will be protected | 等我们到了教堂 |
[11:12] | once we get it to the church. | 那些钱就会安全了 |
[11:13] | Father Quinn has agreed to set up | 奎恩神父答应以我的名义 |
[11:15] | a charity fund in my name. | 建立一个慈善基金 |
[11:16] | It will provide for the victims for now, | 现在可以用来帮助灾民 |
[11:19] | and it will allow me to protect my money | 以后还能防止我的财产 |
[11:21] | from Darnley in the future. | 被达恩利得到 |
[11:23] | Darnley’s already provided a guest list. | 达恩利已经准备好了宾客名单 |
[11:25] | I’ll send out the invitations. | 我去发邀请 |
[11:27] | And I’ll talk to the kitchen staff about a menu. | 我去和厨房商量菜单 |
[11:30] | I believe roast pig is appropriate for the occasion. | 我相信烤猪很适合这种场合 |
[11:35] | I don’t like this. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[11:36] | Even if it’s just for show, | 即使只是做戏 |
[11:37] | bringing Darnley back to court | 让达恩利回到宫中 |
[11:39] | as your equal is dangerous. | 和你平起平坐也很危险 |
[11:40] | He’s a power-hungry insecure man | 他渴求权力 缺乏安全感 |
[11:43] | who’s capable of anything. | 且一无是处 |
[11:44] | He is also a political necessity, | 我在政治上需要他 |
[11:47] | so I must manage him as best I can. | 所以必须尽力控制他 |
[11:49] | And by taking his money, | 拿走他的钱 |
[11:50] | I will take a piece of his power. | 我会削弱他一部分的权力 |
[11:52] | But bringing him back into your life… | 但让他重回你的生活 |
[11:54] | it opens the doors to other demands. | 会给他提出其他要求的机会 |
[11:56] | Not to mention how much I hate the idea | 更不用说我有多不愿意 |
[11:58] | of him being near you. | 看到他出现在你身边 |
[11:59] | The truth is, | 事实上 |
[12:01] | I can’t put my feelings for you aside. | 我无法放下对你的感觉 |
[12:04] | For my safety and yours, you must. | 为了你我的安全 你必须放下 |
[12:07] | I hate this, too, Bothwell. | 我也不想这样 博斯威尔 |
[12:09] | But what else can I do? | 但我还能怎样呢 |
[12:26] | Put the bread down, | 把面包放下吧 |
[12:26] | and tell the baker from now on | 告诉面包师从现在起 |
[12:28] | I do not wish to be disturbed. | 我不想再被打扰 |
[12:32] | It appears I’ve disturbed you already. | 但似乎我已经打扰你了 |
[12:36] | Not at all. I’m just stunned. | 没有 我只是吃了一惊 |
[12:37] | You’re unrecognizable. | 简直认不出你来了 |
[12:39] | That is the point. | 这就是我的目的 |
[12:41] | I told everyone at the castle I needed a few days | 我告诉城堡里的所有人 |
[12:43] | at a secluded retreat. | 我要隐居几天 |
[12:46] | And the moment I put on this disguise, | 把自己伪装起来的一瞬间 |
[12:47] | I wasn’t afraid anymore. | 我就不再害怕了 |
[12:49] | Gideon, it’s so wonderful. | 吉迪恩 这感觉太棒了 |
[12:52] | for a few days I’m not Queen Elizabeth, | 这几天我将不是伊丽莎白女王 |
[12:56] | but Julia, the baker’s daughter. | 而是茱莉亚 面包师的女儿 |
[12:59] | Well, allow me to introduce myself. | 请允许我介绍自己 |
[13:04] | Captain Bernard, retired navy man. | 伯纳德船长 退役海军 |
[13:09] | It’s a pleasure, Captain. | 很高兴见到你 船长 |
[13:12] | But now that I’m here safe, | 现在我已经安全到了这里 |
[13:13] | – there’s no need for this disguise. – No. | -不需要再穿这些了 -不 |
[13:15] | I like it. | 我喜欢 |
[13:20] | Henri, you can’t expect me to believe | 亨利 你不会想让我相信 |
[13:22] | that Charles has won your respect? | 查尔斯赢得了你的尊敬吧 |
[13:25] | Why not? After all, he is | 为什么不呢 毕竟 |
[13:27] | my older, more experienced brother. | 他是比我年长也更有经验的哥哥 |
[13:30] | A point he constantly enjoys making. | 他一直在强调这一点 |
[13:33] | In fact, I’m on my way to a meeting | 事实上 我正准备去 |
[13:34] | with Charles and his generals now. | 和查尔斯和他的将军们开会 |
[13:37] | He thought it would be good for me | 他觉得在他身边 |
[13:38] | to learn leadership at his kingly knee. | 学习领导能力对我有益 |
[13:42] | I feel a strange kind of kinship towards you, Henri, | 我莫名觉得跟你很亲近 亨利 |
[13:47] | so I know that you are not the type | 所以我知道你不是那种 |
[13:48] | to give up so easily. | 会轻易放弃的人 |
[13:49] | Oh, I haven’t given up. | 我没有放弃 |
[13:52] | I’m just waiting for the right moment. | 我只是在等待合适的时机 |
[13:54] | And what is that moment? | 什么时候是合适的时机 |
[13:56] | I’ll know it when I see it. | 等它出现就知道了 |
[14:01] | A delicate situation has developed here, | 沿海的格兰维尔地区发生了一件 |
[14:03] | Granville, a coastal region where several | 棘手的事情 |
[14:05] | English expatriates reside. | 有一些外派的英格兰人住在那里 |
[14:08] | Two English lords are refusing to pay taxes | 两个英格兰贵族拒绝向法国皇室 |
[14:10] | to the French Crown. | 缴纳税款 |
[14:13] | What’s delicate about that? | 为什么棘手 |
[14:15] | Taking official action against foreign citizens | 对外国居民采取正式行动 |
[14:17] | risks a diplomatic incident. | 可能会导致外交事故 |
[14:19] | The English lords are also Protestant. | 那些英格兰贵族也是新教徒 |
[14:21] | Their refusal to pay a Catholic king | 他们拒绝向天主教国王交税 |
[14:23] | has inspired the French Protestants to do the same. | 引得法国新教徒纷纷效仿 |
[14:26] | It could inspire a full-on rebellion. | 有可能引发全面叛乱 |
[14:29] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[14:31] | In my experience, Protestant rebellions need to be put down firmly. | 根据我的经验 新教叛乱要被坚决镇压 |
[14:36] | I’ve done it before, and my people were grateful. | 我曾这么做过 人民很感激 |
[14:39] | I even have a baby named after me. | 甚至有个孩子以我命名 |
[14:41] | That is impressive. | 真是令人钦佩 |
[14:44] | I wonder, Henri, | 我想知道 亨利 |
[14:46] | what would you do in this situation? | 这种情况下你会怎么做 |
[14:48] | It’s not for me to say. | 轮不到我说话 |
[14:50] | But in my experience, | 但根据我的经验 |
[14:51] | I’ve found it best to wait for an advantage before I strike. | 我觉得出征前最好先等待时机 |
[14:55] | Then it’s a good thing you aren’t the king. | 还好你不是国王 |
[15:02] | Two weeks ago, | 两周前 |
[15:04] | when Henri challenged his throne, | 亨利挑战国王权威的时候 |
[15:06] | Charles was understandably shaken. | 查尔斯显而易见地动摇了 |
[15:09] | Now he practically shoots his brother’s hand off, | 现在他几乎射掉了他弟弟的手 |
[15:12] | and Henri does nothing. | 亨利却无动于衷 |
[15:14] | What changed? | 发生了什么 |
[15:15] | Perhaps nothing, and you were wrong to doubt | 也许什么都没发生 只是你对查尔斯 |
[15:17] | both Charles and me. | 和我的怀疑是错的 |
[15:19] | He is a strong king. | 他是个强有力的国王 |
[15:21] | Or you are hiding something. | 或者你有所隐瞒 |
[15:24] | You heard me, General, round up every tax offender | 你听到我说的了 将军 抓住所有 |
[15:27] | and throw them in debtors’ jail at once. | 不按时纳税的人 马上关进债主监狱 |
[15:29] | But, Your Majesty, putting English nobles | 但是陛下 把英格兰贵族 |
[15:31] | in a pauper’s prison is unprecedented. | 关进平民的监狱是史无前例的事 |
[15:33] | Perhaps a stern warning… | 也许一个严厉的警告… |
[15:34] | I’ve made my decision! | 我已经做出了决定 |
[15:36] | I am the king, and the king’s word is law. | 我是国王 国王的话就是律法 |
[15:38] | Henri, tell me that I didn’t just hear your brother | 亨利 我刚刚不是听到你哥哥说 |
[15:40] | order the arrest of English nobility. | 要把英格兰贵族抓起来吧 |
[15:43] | I’m surprised you could hear anything | 你竟然能在他的狮子吼里 |
[15:44] | over the sound of his lion-like roar. | 听到内容 我很惊讶 |
[15:47] | Face it, Mother, | 承认吧 母亲 |
[15:49] | Charles is out of control. | 查尔斯已经失控了 |
[15:53] | Whatever you’ve done, and whatever you are going to do, | 不管你做了什么 或者打算做什么 |
[15:56] | if it involves propping up Charles, | 如果是为了支持查尔斯执政 |
[15:59] | you are playing a very dangerous game. | 你是在玩火 |
[16:15] | Mother, what in God’s name are you doing? | 母亲 你在做什么 |
[16:18] | It is none of your business. | 不关你的事 |
[16:20] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[16:21] | What are you doing sneaking into my chambers? | 你溜进我房间来做什么 |
[16:23] | Returning your earrings | 来把耳环还给你 |
[16:24] | and uncovering your pact with the devil, apparently. | 显然还发现了你和恶魔签的条约 |
[16:26] | It wasn’t a pact. It was one tiny spell. | 那不是条约 只是个小咒语 |
[16:30] | It was a good luck charm, really. | 能带来好运的咒语 真的 |
[16:32] | I was only trying to help Charles feel stronger. | 我只是想帮查尔斯 让他感觉强大 |
[16:36] | Are you telling me that this heresy | 你是说这咒语 |
[16:38] | is the reason Charles has been so aggressive lately? | 就是查尔斯最近这么咄咄逼人的原因 |
[16:40] | No. Maybe. I might have overdone the ram’s horn… | 不 也许吧 我可能放了太多公羊角… |
[16:43] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[16:45] | I promise, I promise, | 我保证 我保证 |
[16:46] | I will never do this again. | 我再也不这样做了 |
[16:47] | Clearly, Charles has gone too far. | 说真的 查尔斯太过了 |
[16:49] | Once I remove the spell, | 等我解除了咒语 |
[16:51] | I will try to fix the situation | 我就会试着用传统的办法 |
[16:53] | – with conventional methods. – How? | -把问题解决 -什么办法 |
[16:55] | I’ll write to a French lord that I know in Granville, | 我会给一位格朗维尔的法国贵族写信 |
[16:58] | and I’ll ask him to convince the English to negotiate. | 要求他说服英格兰同意谈判 |
[17:01] | Charles can’t know | 不能让查尔斯知道 |
[17:02] | that I’ve had anything to do with this, | 我与此事有任何关系 |
[17:04] | because he’ll refuse. | 因为他会拒绝的 |
[17:05] | And Narcisse can’t know either, | 纳西斯也不能知道 |
[17:07] | so don’t tell Luc. | 所以你不许告诉卢克 |
[17:09] | I’m not going to lie for you, Mother. | 我不会为你撒谎的 母亲 |
[17:11] | That’s not who I am. | 我不是这样的人 |
[17:14] | Since when? | 这可新鲜了 |
[17:16] | Tell me, how are you and Luc getting along? | 告诉我 你和卢克相处得好吗 |
[17:21] | We’re not. | 不好 |
[17:23] | I don’t like him at all. | 我一点也不喜欢他 |
[17:25] | I heard you were practically swooning | 我听说你学射箭的时候 |
[17:27] | during archery. | 几乎晕过去了 |
[17:28] | Admit it, you’re attracted to your husband, | 承认吧 你深深被自己的丈夫吸引 |
[17:31] | and you’re lying about it. | 而你又不想承认 |
[17:32] | Because I can’t have feelings for Luc. | 因为我不能喜欢卢克 |
[17:36] | I swore to Leith I wouldn’t fall in love with him. | 我对利思发过誓 不会爱上他 |
[17:38] | I know that Luc isn’t the man | 我知道 你不想跟卢克 |
[17:39] | that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with, | 一起共度余生 |
[17:42] | but you’ve made promises to him, too. | 但你也对他许下了承诺 |
[17:44] | Luc needs an heir to carry his family’s name. | 卢克需要继承人 传承家族姓氏 |
[17:47] | It’s an arranged marriage, not a promise from the heart. | 可这是包办婚姻 不是真心的承诺 |
[17:50] | No, but a promise nonetheless. | 没错 但也是个承诺 |
[17:52] | So you’ve told Leith | 所以你告诉利思 |
[17:53] | that you won’t fall in love with anyone else, | 你绝不会爱上其他人 |
[17:55] | and you’ve promised Luc an heir. | 你也向卢克保证会生下继承人 |
[17:57] | Do you really think that you can keep both promises? | 你真的觉得自己可以同时信守两个诺言吗 |
[17:59] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 是 是 我相信 |
[18:15] | Claude. | 克劳德 |
[18:16] | – I didn’t hear you… – I should have knocked. | -我没听见… -我应该先敲门的 |
[18:18] | No, it’s fine. Did you want something? | 没关系 你想要什么吗 |
[18:25] | Yes… Actually. | 是的 当然有 |
[18:43] | Are you sure about this? | 你确定吗 |
[19:13] | It’s good to be back. | 回来的感觉真好 |
[19:14] | So many people turned out | 没想到这么多人都能出席 |
[19:15] | to praise our generosity. | 来赞扬我们的慷慨 |
[19:19] | Lord Kinloch traveled three hours to be here. | 肯洛赫大人赶了三小时路呢 |
[19:22] | I’m surprised he came at all. | 他能来本身就让我很惊讶 |
[19:24] | Kinloch hasn’t been to court in months. | 肯洛赫好几个月都没来宫里了 |
[19:26] | Not since I ruled against him in a property dispute. | 自从我在一次财产争论中反对过他之后 |
[19:29] | I suppose I should attribute his presence | 我想他应该是看在你的面子上 |
[19:31] | to your popularity. | 才过来的吧 |
[19:33] | Yes. Everyone but you seems happy to see me. | 没错 只有你不高兴看见我 |
[19:37] | I’m smiling, aren’t I? | 我在笑呢 不是吗 |
[19:39] | Your doting wife sharing the limelight. | 深爱你的妻子和你分享荣耀 |
[19:41] | You’re getting everything you want. | 你真是心满意足了 |
[19:44] | As will you, Mary. | 你也会的 玛丽 |
[19:46] | I will have the money delivered | 只要这次活动获得成功 |
[19:47] | as soon as this evening is a success | 我的东西都被运回宫里之后 |
[19:49] | and my things are brought back to court. | 我就会把钱送过来 |
[19:53] | In the meantime, | 同时 |
[19:54] | we should give the people what they want. | 我们也应该满足人们的愿望 |
[20:04] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢诸位的莅临 |
[20:07] | These have been somber times for Scotland. | 苏格兰近日形势严峻 |
[20:11] | When I heard of the tragedies in the Highland, | 我一听说高地发生的悲剧 |
[20:13] | I cut short my visit to my family home | 就缩短了回家探亲的时间 |
[20:16] | and rushed back to be at my wife’s side. | 赶回我妻子的身边 |
[20:19] | I told Queen Mary that it is our duty | 我告诉玛丽女王 |
[20:22] | to act quickly. | 我们理应行动迅速 |
[20:24] | We vow to do everything in our power | 我们承诺发挥一切力量 |
[20:26] | to help those victims who have lost all they have. | 帮助损失财产的人 |
[20:33] | To Scotland. | 敬苏格兰 |
[20:35] | To Scotland! | 敬苏格兰 |
[20:37] | I am proud to be king of this beautiful country, | 能成为这个美丽国家的国王 我很骄傲 |
[20:40] | as I am husband to my beautiful queen. | 还有这位美丽女王的丈夫 |
[20:55] | Was that really necessary? | 真有必要这样吗 |
[20:57] | Well, when you finally announce that we’re expecting a child, | 等你最后宣布我们要有孩子时 |
[20:59] | you want people to believe that I’m the father, don’t you? | 你希望大家认为我是孩子的父亲 不是吗 |
[21:03] | Besides, | 再说了 |
[21:04] | I enjoyed it. | 我很享受 |
[21:08] | Although I can’t say the same for Lord Bothwell. | 虽然博斯威尔大人看起来没那么享受 |
[21:12] | You can’t expect everyone to be glad | 你不能指望每个人 |
[21:14] | you’re back at court, Darnley. | 都希望你回到宫里 达恩利 |
[21:16] | Some of us know you. | 有些人了解你 |
[21:21] | Mary, I think Rizzio needs to speak with you. | 玛丽 我想里奇奥有事要跟你说 |
[21:23] | It might be important. | 可能是重要的事 |
[21:24] | The Italian ambassador was complaining | 意大利大使一直 |
[21:26] | about a trade agreement earlier. | 对之前的一个贸易协定抱怨连连 |
[21:28] | If you start talking to that windbag now, | 和那个话唠说话 |
[21:30] | you’ll be gone for days. | 要几天几夜才能完 |
[21:31] | I should handle this. | 我得去处理这件事了 |
[21:33] | Give my apologies to our guests. | 帮我向客人道歉 |
[21:40] | Bothwell is waiting outside with horses and queensguard. | 博斯威尔带了马和女王卫队在外面等着 |
[21:44] | I’ll return as soon as the money is safe at the church. | 等我把钱安置在教堂 就马上回来 |
[21:47] | Help Greer keep Darnley occupied. | 帮葛瑞尔拖住达恩利 |
[21:49] | Already arranged a steady flow of wine. | 已经安排人给他敬酒了 |
[21:58] | Thank you for this, Gideon. | 谢谢你 吉迪恩 |
[21:59] | I’ve never been able to forget who I am, not even for a moment. | 我从不能忘记自己的身份和责任 一秒也不能 |
[22:04] | But you gave me a way to escape. | 但你让我逃离了那一切 |
[22:07] | And it’s wonderful. | 这感觉太好了 |
[22:09] | Julia and Bernard have a good life. | 茱莉亚和伯纳德生活的不错 |
[22:11] | I envy them. | 我好羡慕他们 |
[22:13] | Although they are quite poor | 尽管他们既没钱 |
[22:15] | and powerless, | 也没权 |
[22:17] | and their clothes itch. | 衣服让人发痒 |
[22:19] | But they are free to love without fear. | 但他们能自由无畏地相爱 |
[22:23] | And they can even do this… | 甚至可以这样… |
[22:32] | There’s something else I’d like to do. | 有件事我倒是很想做 |
[22:35] | I’ve always wondered if queens can swim. | 我一直想知道女王是不是会游泳 |
[22:38] | Yes! | 别跑 |
[22:52] | – Jane! – Lord Blackburn. | -简 -布莱克本大人 |
[22:54] | What are you…? | 你在这… |
[22:58] | Oh, my God. | 上帝啊 |
[22:59] | W-What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[23:00] | You left court, Your Majesty. | 您离开了宫廷 陛下 |
[23:04] | I-I was given time off to visit family. | 我请了假回家里看看 |
[23:07] | Please let me go. | 请放我走吧 |
[23:09] | No one has to know I was here, | 没人知道需要知道我来过 |
[23:09] | we could just pretend it never happened. | 我们就装作一切都没发生过 |
[23:12] | I swear on my life, I will say nothing. | 我以命发誓什么也不会说 |
[23:15] | Of course you won’t. | 你当然不会说 |
[23:17] | You’re a loyal servant, Jane. | 你是个很忠诚的仆人 简 |
[23:18] | Her Majesty knows this isn’t your fault. | 陛下知道这不是你的错 |
[23:20] | It’s just an unfortunate misunderstand… | 只是一次不幸的误会… |
[23:26] | Elizabeth. | 伊丽莎白 |
[23:28] | She saw too much. | 她看到的太多了 |
[23:39] | Lord Kinloch, I hope to see more of you in court from now on. | 肯洛赫大人 我希望今后你能多来宫廷 |
[23:43] | I doubt your wife feels the same way. | 我想你的妻子可能与你想法不同 |
[23:46] | Clearly, she was avoiding at least one of us tonight. | 显然她今晚在逃避我们两人之一 |
[23:49] | But I look forward to seeing more of the king. | 但我也希望能多多看见国王 |
[23:55] | Despite the weather, | 除了天气 |
[23:56] | your evening looks like quite the success. | 今晚看起来很成功 |
[23:59] | Yes. It was. | 没错 |
[24:01] | No thanks to Mary. | 肯定与玛丽无关 |
[24:02] | She’s not even here to say good-bye to our guests. | 她甚至没有告别就走了 |
[24:04] | The Italian situation must have become complicated. | 意大利的情形肯定很复杂 |
[24:07] | Still, it’s odd. | 还是很奇怪 |
[24:09] | There are a lot of politically important people here. | 这里也有很多政要 |
[24:11] | It’s not like Mary to risk offending them and… | 玛丽应该不会乐意得罪他们… |
[24:14] | Unless she had something to gain. | 除非对她有益 |
[24:17] | Now that I think about it, | 这下我想起来了 |
[24:18] | Lord Bothwell has also been missing for most of the evening. | 博斯威尔大人今晚也不见踪影 |
[24:22] | I… hadn’t noticed. | 我没注意到 |
[24:24] | I wasn’t supposed to notice either, was I? | 我本来也不该注意到的是吗 |
[24:28] | Any chance you’re going to tell me | 你能不能告诉我 |
[24:29] | what he and Mary are up to? | 他和玛丽去做什么了 |
[24:32] | How silly of me, I accidentally opened another bottle. | 我真傻 又不小心开了一瓶 |
[24:35] | Care for some wine, Your Majesty? | 想再喝点吗 陛下 |
[24:38] | Never mind. | 无所谓 |
[24:40] | I think I know exactly where they’ve gone. | 我想我知道他们去哪了 |
[24:47] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[24:48] | It’s late. | 很晚了 |
[24:49] | Is something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[24:51] | Uh, just the opposite, actually. | 其实没事 |
[24:54] | I received a letter from a French lord in Granville | 我收到了格兰维尔一个法国贵族的信 |
[24:56] | who says the English would like to negotiate. | 说英格兰愿意协商 |
[25:00] | That’s wonderful. | 那太好了 |
[25:02] | You can tell General LeCroix to hold off on their arrest. | 你可以告诉雷克鲁瓦将军暂停逮捕行动 |
[25:07] | If you think that’s what should be done. | 如果你觉得要这样的话 |
[25:12] | Suppose it’s worth reconsidering. | 也许这值得考虑 |
[25:15] | But I don’t want to appear weak. | 但我不想表现得很弱势 |
[25:17] | Well, avoiding conflict isn’t weak, it’s smart. | 避免冲突不是弱势 是聪明 |
[25:21] | Sending a man to debtor’s prison makes it harder for him to pay. | 送人进债主监狱更难以挽回 |
[25:25] | I think this meeting is a chance to show them | 我认为这次会面是一个机会 |
[25:28] | how strong and confident you really are. | 让你可以显示你有多强大和自信 |
[25:33] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你说得对 |
[25:34] | I’ll send word | 我会放话出去 |
[25:35] | and meet with the two English lords immediately. | 并立刻和两个英格兰贵族见面 |
[25:38] | Thank you, Mother. | 谢谢 母亲 |
[25:39] | Of course. | 不用 |
[25:40] | Anything I can do to help my son, the king. | 我很愿意帮助我的儿子 我的国王 |
[25:52] | She saw us. | 她看到我们了 |
[25:54] | Gideon. | 吉迪恩 |
[25:56] | I cannot risk my reputation. | 我不能拿我的名誉冒险 |
[25:58] | I am the “Virgin Queen”! | 我是”处女女王” |
[26:01] | Not to mention, my marriage to the archduke | 更不用说和大公联姻 |
[26:03] | is my best protection against my enemies. | 是我自保的最好方法 |
[26:06] | That engagement will be undone | 如果这姑娘出去乱说的话 |
[26:08] | if this girl lives to speak. | 那婚约就泡汤了 |
[26:09] | Because you and I spent a carefree moment together, | 因为你和我一起度过了畅怀的时光 |
[26:12] | an innocent girl, a loyal servant, must lose her life? | 一个无辜的女孩 忠诚的仆人就必须死吗 |
[26:15] | Yes. | 对 |
[26:16] | She is a danger! | 她是一个威胁 |
[26:18] | What are innocence and loyalty to me? | 对我来说无辜和忠诚意味着什么 |
[26:21] | Lola was both, and she conspired to have me killed. | 萝拉既无辜也忠诚 而她却密谋要我的命 |
[26:24] | Lola actively betrayed you, | 萝拉已经背叛了你 |
[26:27] | you had no choice, and still her death haunts you. | 你别无选择 而她的死还是让你很难过 |
[26:29] | Jane has done nothing. | 简什么都没做 |
[26:31] | She’s only guilty of being in the wrong place | 她只是不小心在错误的时间 |
[26:33] | at the wrong time. | 出现在了错误的地方 |
[26:35] | How will you feel with her blood | 如果你手上沾了她的血 |
[26:36] | – on your hands? – Safe. | -你会有什么感觉 -安全 |
[26:37] | And when you are the queen of England, | 当你是英格兰女王的时候 |
[26:40] | that is the only feeling that matters. | 这就是最重要的一个感觉 |
[26:48] | Guards are still searching, | 卫兵还在搜查 |
[26:49] | but they’ve found no money hidden anywhere. | 但他们没有找到任何钱财 |
[26:51] | There has to be. This chest was full. | 肯定有 之前这箱子还是满的 |
[26:53] | You can’t wait any longer. | 你等不了了 |
[26:54] | Take what money you have and we’ll find the rest later. | 你先拿走这些 其他的我们会找的 |
[26:56] | Your Majesty, kingsguard are approaching. | 陛下 御林军正在过来 |
[26:59] | I’ve been gone for too long, | 我离开太久了 |
[27:00] | and Darnley must have suspected why I left. | 达恩利肯定怀疑我去了哪 |
[27:03] | Take the queen and the gold and get to Father Quinn. | 带上女王和金子去找奎恩神父 |
[27:07] | You must secure what money you have | 你必须确保这些钱 |
[27:09] | in the church fund. | 进入教堂的基金 |
[27:10] | Bothwell, you can’t stay. | 博斯威尔 你不能留在这 |
[27:12] | If Darnley finds you here and the money gone… | 如果达恩利看到你在这里而钱不见了… |
[27:14] | Your only chance is if I slow him down. | 只有我拖着他你才能脱身 |
[27:16] | Go. | 走吧 |
[27:24] | Search the house. | 搜查整座房子 |
[27:32] | Where’s my wife? | 我的妻子呢 |
[27:33] | Dealing with urgent business. | 去处理紧急事务了 |
[27:35] | Meaning she stole my money and left you here to deal with me. | 就是说她偷了我的钱 留你在这里对付我 |
[27:38] | I believe what she said was… | 她说的是 |
[27:42] | “Clean up my mess.” | “清理好乱七八糟的事” |
[27:43] | Then Mary has left me in a very interesting situation. | 那玛丽就陷我于一个有趣的境地 |
[27:47] | On the one hand, I finally have you alone | 一方面 你终于落单了 |
[27:49] | without your royal protector. | 没有你忠诚的保护者在身边 |
[27:51] | On the other hand, she has taken my money | 另一方面 她拿走了我的钱 |
[27:53] | and I should probably go and get it back. | 我应该去拿回来 |
[27:55] | Luckily, I have kingsguard. | 还好 我有御林军 |
[27:58] | We’ll divide and conquer. | 我们可以兵分两路解决难题 |
[27:59] | I can’t let you do that. | 我不会让你那么做的 |
[28:01] | You think you can stop me? I’m the king of Scotland. | 你以为你能阻止我吗 我是苏格兰的国王 |
[28:03] | I could have you killed for just touching me. | 因为你碰我我就能杀了你 |
[28:05] | You make good on the threat, lest you’re just hollow words. | 你很会威胁人 可惜只是个纸老虎 |
[28:09] | You’re actually willing to die for her. | 你真的愿意为她去死 |
[28:10] | I thought you just hated me, but you love her. | 我以为你只是恨我 原来你还爱她 |
[28:14] | Oh, that’s gonna make this feel even better. | 那就让这种感觉更强烈了 |
[28:28] | Guards! | 卫兵 |
[28:34] | That was a mistake. | 那是个错误 |
[28:35] | Give him a beating. | 揍他一顿 |
[28:47] | It’s dark enough now. | 现在够暗了 |
[28:49] | I’ll take Jane to the woods and… | 我会带简去森林里… |
[28:52] | when I return, we can return to court. | 我回来的时候 我们就能回宫廷里了 |
[28:55] | You’ve killed for me before. | 你之前为我杀过人 |
[28:56] | This is no different. | 这次也没什么差别 |
[28:58] | And when it’s done, you will feel no safer. | 事情解决的话 你不会感到更安全 |
[29:00] | – Gideon. – No, can you really tell me | -吉迪恩 -不 你告诉我 |
[29:02] | that when Lola died, you felt safer? | 萝拉死了之后 你感觉更安全了吗 |
[29:04] | Or just more alone? | 还是感觉更加孤独了 |
[29:05] | It’s my fault this is happening. | 这一切都是我的错 |
[29:07] | I asked you to come here as an escape, but… | 我让你来这里逃避一切 但… |
[29:11] | But you feel there is danger around every corner, | 但你觉得到处都是威胁 |
[29:14] | doubt that you can trust anyone because of who you are. | 因为自己的身份你觉得无法相信任何人 |
[29:17] | And I can’t help you escape that. | 这我无法帮你逃避 |
[29:34] | What’s this about? | 怎么回事 |
[29:35] | We’re searching for a missing girl. | 我能在找一个失踪的女孩 |
[29:37] | A fisherman was bringing his boat in just before sundown, | 日落之前一个渔民把船摇回来 |
[29:40] | saw a scuffle down the shore. | 看到岸边有人在打斗 |
[29:41] | There’s no girl here. | 这里没有女孩 |
[29:48] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[29:52] | Run. | 跑吧 |
[29:53] | And don’t let anyone hear you. | 别让任何人听到你的声音 |
[29:56] | Go out the back. | 从后门走 |
[29:57] | And if you tell anyone about this, I will hunt you down | 如果你敢吐露一个字 我会抓到你 |
[30:01] | and kill your entire family. | 杀了你所有家人 |
[30:02] | Do you understand? | 你明白了吗 |
[30:04] | Yes. Yes… | 好 好 |
[30:09] | Try not to worry. | 别担心了 |
[30:10] | Rizzio is out looking for what Darnley | 里齐奥出去查达恩利 |
[30:12] | did with that money. | 把钱放到哪里去了 |
[30:13] | Hopefully there will be a way to reclaim it. | 希望能有办法拿回来 |
[30:15] | I’m more concerned about leaving Bothwell with Darnley. | 我更担心留博斯威尔和达恩利在一起 |
[30:18] | Every minute that passes with neither one of them returning… | 他们都没有回来的每一分钟… |
[30:20] | Bothwell had to buy time to allow you | 博斯威尔必须为你赢得时间 |
[30:22] | to deliver the money to the church. | 去把钱给教堂 |
[30:24] | But he would never harm Darnley, | 但他不会伤害达恩利 |
[30:26] | knowing the risk it would bring to you. | 因为他知道那样会给你带来危险 |
[30:27] | And what’s to stop Darnley from harming Bothwell? | 那什么才能阻止达恩利伤害博斯威尔呢 |
[30:30] | Darnley’s back. | 达恩利回来了 |
[30:31] | He’s brought Bothwell with him. | 他带着博斯威尔一起回来了 |
[30:33] | Is Bothwell all right? | 博斯威尔还好吗 |
[30:34] | I didn’t see. The kingsguard put him under arrest. | 我没看到 御林军抓着他 |
[30:37] | The privy council meeting is tomorrow morning. | 枢密院会议明早就开了 |
[30:39] | Did you find the missing money? | 你找到丢失的钱了吗 |
[30:41] | Darnley spent it. He’s been buying property, | 达恩利花了 他买了很多地产 |
[30:43] | including the disputed land you took from Lord Kinloch. | 包括你从肯洛赫大人手上征用的有争议的土地 |
[30:46] | But for what purpose? | 但这是为了什么 |
[30:48] | He’s been buying influence with my enemies. | 他在买通我的敌人 |
[30:52] | He’s been actively working against me, | 他在积极策划谋反我 |
[30:54] | bleeding Scotland | 伤害苏格兰 |
[30:55] | to gain power for himself. | 来获取权力 |
[31:03] | This is what you planned all along. | 这就是你一直以来的计划 |
[31:04] | You forced me to bring you back to court, not just for your ego, | 你逼我带你回宫廷 不只是为了你的自负 |
[31:08] | but so you could use my money to buy yourself influence. | 还因为你可以用我的钱买通我的敌人 |
[31:11] | And Lord Kinloch is now a loyal ally. | 肯洛赫大人现在是个忠诚的盟友了 |
[31:13] | How low will you sink? | 你要堕落到什么地步 |
[31:15] | Your desire for power is no surprise, | 你渴望权力这我不奇怪 |
[31:17] | but you’ve taken it a step too far. | 但你太乱来了 |
[31:18] | You are now actively working | 你现在站在我 |
[31:20] | against me and the Scottish people. | 以及苏格兰人民的对立面 |
[31:22] | And what have you done, Mary? | 而你干了什么 玛丽 |
[31:24] | You lied to me, stole from me, | 你骗我 偷我东西 |
[31:26] | and have betrayed me with another man. | 还背叛我 投奔了另一个男人 |
[31:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[31:29] | Your Lord Bothwell all but told me to my face | 你的博斯威尔大人差点在我面前 |
[31:31] | that he is in love with you. | 表白对你的爱了 |
[31:34] | But don’t worry, darling. | 但别担心 亲爱的 |
[31:35] | I defended your honor by beating him within an inch of his life. | 为了你的名誉 我把他打得半死不活 |
[31:38] | What have you done? | 你干了什么 |
[31:39] | If Bothwell dies, I swear to you… | 如果博斯威尔死了 我发誓… |
[31:41] | He won’t die. | 他不会死的 |
[31:44] | Killing Bothwell would’ve made it look like I care. | 杀了博斯威尔会显得我很在乎 |
[31:48] | Just as fearing him dead has revealed | 担心他的安危已经表露出 |
[31:50] | your true feelings about him, | 你对他真正的感觉 |
[31:52] | which puts you in a precarious position, | 这也让你处于危险境地 |
[31:55] | given that child you’re carrying. | 鉴于你怀的孩子 |
[31:59] | It is your child. | 这是你的孩子 |
[32:01] | Nothing has ever happened between Bothwell and me. | 博斯威尔和我之间什么都没发生 |
[32:05] | The only reason | 他回来的唯一原因 |
[32:06] | he returned to court was to protect me from you. | 就是为了保护我不受你伤害 |
[32:11] | Tell him I said… | 告诉他我和他说 |
[32:14] | …”Good luck.” | “好运” |
[32:19] | Luc, I need to talk to you about Claude. | 卢克 我需要和你谈谈克劳德 |
[32:23] | If you’re going to ask me | 如果你想让我 |
[32:24] | to spy on my wife to get information | 监视我的妻子来获取 |
[32:26] | about Charles or Henri, the answer is no, | 查尔斯或者亨利的消息 那就免了 |
[32:29] | especially not now that Claude and I have decided | 特别是现在不行 克劳德和我已经决定 |
[32:31] | to pursue a real marriage. | 追寻真正的婚姻生活 |
[32:34] | Oh, I’m sorry to hear that, especially as I found this. | 听到这消息我真难过 特别是我发现了这个 |
[32:39] | The pursuit of information on Charles | 追查查尔斯的消息 |
[32:41] | led my spies at court to intercept this letter. | 我的宫廷间谍截下了这封信 |
[32:45] | Claude hired investigators to locate Leith | 克劳德雇了人去追查利思 |
[32:47] | and deliver it to him. | 给他送信 |
[32:49] | Leith? | 利思 |
[32:50] | But he’s been gone for months. | 但他已经走了好几个月了 |
[32:52] | According to this letter, Claude promises to join him | 根据信上所说 克劳德向他承诺 |
[32:55] | once she has provided you with an heir. | 一旦她给你生了继承人就去找他 |
[32:58] | I am sorry, Luc, | 抱歉 卢克 |
[32:59] | but there are factions forming within the Valois family, | 但瓦卢瓦家族内部在内讧 |
[33:02] | and our survival depends on using every resource we have, | 我们需要利用所有资源才能存活 |
[33:05] | including your marriage, to ensure we ally ourselves | 包括你的婚姻 来确保我们 |
[33:08] | with the winning side. | 站在胜利的一方 |
[33:10] | That’s not the kind of marriage I wanted. | 那不是我想要的婚姻 |
[33:12] | But apparently it’s the kind you have. | 但这就是拥有的婚姻 |
[33:21] | Oh, God, there you are. | 天啊 你来了 |
[33:23] | I’ve just learned that His Majesty is returning from Granville, | 我刚听说国王要从格兰维尔回来 |
[33:26] | so we are all here to congratulate him. | 所以我们都来恭喜他 |
[33:28] | You seem awfully confident of Charles’ success. | 你似乎对查尔斯的胜利很有信心 |
[33:31] | Too confident. What did you do? | 太有信心了 你做了什么 |
[33:33] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[33:35] | Charles just made a very reasonable decision | 查尔斯刚和拒绝纳税的人 |
[33:38] | to negotiate with the tax offenders. | 进行了理性的协商 |
[33:40] | Not much glory in that. | 这没什么好骄傲的 |
[33:42] | A true king doesn’t seek glory, | 真正的国王不寻求骄傲 |
[33:44] | he seeks peace. | 要寻求和平 |
[33:45] | Spoken like a queen. | 真是女王会说的话 |
[33:50] | Dear God. | 老天 |
[33:52] | The Englishmen. | 是英格兰人 |
[33:54] | I can’t believe Charles took their heads. | 我不敢相信查尔斯砍了他们的头 |
[33:55] | Arresting them would’ve been bad enough, | 逮捕他们已经够糟糕的了 |
[33:57] | this is the act of a madman leading us to war. | 这个疯子会让我们陷入战争的 |
[34:01] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[34:02] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[34:04] | Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[34:15] | What are we going to do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[34:16] | We have to find a way to help Charles. | 我们必须找到帮助查尔斯的方式 |
[34:18] | We can’t… | 我们做不到 |
[34:20] | or at least I can’t. | 至少我做不到 |
[34:22] | I can’t help you | 我帮不了你 |
[34:23] | because I can’t be with you, | 因为我不能 |
[34:26] | not anymore. | 再和你在一起了 |
[34:27] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[34:33] | Oh, where did you get that? | 你从哪里拿来的 |
[34:36] | I would have told you eventually. | 我本来就准备告诉你的 |
[34:37] | When? | 什么时候 |
[34:38] | After you left me to raise our child alone? | 在你离开我 让我独自抚养孩子之后吗 |
[34:41] | Look, Luc, you don’t understand. | 听着 卢克 你不明白 |
[34:42] | You promised another man that you would never love me. | 你承诺另一个男人说你永远不会爱我 |
[34:45] | And I wanted to keep that promise more than anything, | 我本想永远守住那个承诺 |
[34:49] | but it may already be too late. | 但可能已经太迟了 |
[34:51] | I think I could grow to love you, too, Luc, | 我想我可以爱上你的 卢克 |
[34:54] | and that makes me feel terrible. | 而这让我感觉很糟糕 |
[34:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:57] | Because I made a vow to Leith. | 因为我对利思发了誓 |
[35:00] | I grew up in this house, | 我是在这里长大的 |
[35:01] | surrounded by lies and betrayal. | 身边充斥着谎言和背叛 |
[35:04] | If I break my promise, my vow… | 如果我打破了我的誓言 |
[35:07] | I’m no better than my mother or your father | 我就和我的母亲或者父亲一样 |
[35:11] | or anyone here at court. | 和宫廷里的其他人一样了 |
[35:13] | Don’t you see? | 你不懂吗 |
[35:14] | I don’t want to become one of them. | 我不想变成他们中间的一员 |
[35:17] | You won’t. | 你不会的 |
[35:18] | I’ll make sure you keep your promise. | 我会确保你信守承诺 |
[35:21] | I’m done asking for your heart and offering you mine. | 追求你的真心 给出我的真心 我已经累了 |
[35:25] | From now on, our marriage will be a political formality, | 从现在开始 我们的婚姻会成为政治联姻 |
[35:29] | nothing more. | 没有别的 |
[35:39] | What in God’s name did you do? | 你到底干了什么 |
[35:42] | I ordered their heads cut off. | 我砍了他们的头 |
[35:46] | There was so much blood. | 血太多了 |
[35:48] | Charles, what happened? | 查尔斯 发生了什么事 |
[35:50] | The plan was to talk to the English lords, to negotiate. | 计划是和英格兰贵族谈判 协商 |
[35:54] | That was my plan. | 那本是我的计划 |
[35:56] | I felt so confident and powerful, | 我感觉到很自信很强大 |
[35:58] | and then suddenly it all went away. | 但突然这些感觉都没有了 |
[36:00] | I realized, what if it was a trap? | 我想 万一是个陷阱呢 |
[36:03] | What if the French Protestants found out about the meeting | 万一法国新教徒发现了我们的会面 |
[36:05] | and used it to spark a rebellion? | 利用这个来进行叛乱 |
[36:08] | No, I had to do something to prove myself. | 不 我必须做一些事来证明我自己 |
[36:10] | – Wha… – I constantly have to prove myself | -什么… -我时常需要证明我自己 |
[36:13] | or people will rise against me! | 否则人们就会组织叛乱 |
[36:16] | My dearest boy, | 我亲爱的孩子 |
[36:17] | this is all my fault. | 这都是我的错 |
[36:20] | I’ve made you like this. | 是我让你成了这样 |
[36:23] | Charles, please forgive me. | 查尔斯 请原谅我 |
[36:27] | I just wanted to protect you by making you strong. | 我想让你强大只是想保护你 |
[36:32] | Strong? | 强大 |
[36:33] | I am not strong; I am weak, and everyone can see it but you. | 我不强大 我很弱 除了你大家都看得出来 |
[36:38] | First Leeza, then Henri. | 先是莉扎 接着是亨利 |
[36:41] | I couldn’t let England see that, or my own people. | 我不能让英格兰或者我的人民看到这一点 |
[36:46] | That’s why I ordered those heads cut off, | 所以我才砍了他们的头 |
[36:49] | to hide the truth about what I really am. | 来隐藏我真正的内心 |
[36:55] | I’m afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[37:07] | Several nobles are waiting to welcome you back. | 很多贵族都在等着迎接你 |
[37:10] | They trust your sabbatical was rejuvenating. | 他们相信你的隐居对你很有好处 |
[37:12] | In a way, it was. | 从某些方面来说是没错 |
[37:15] | You were right about Lola’s death haunting me, Gideon. | 萝拉的死的确对我还有影响 你说得对 吉迪恩 |
[37:18] | When she was brought to execution, | 她被带去处决时 |
[37:19] | she had a look in her eyes I will never forget. | 她看我的眼神我永生难忘 |
[37:24] | Jane had that same look. | 简也有那样的眼神 |
[37:25] | Elizabeth, I know you may not feel any safer, | 伊丽莎白 我知道你可能觉得不安全 |
[37:27] | but you did the right thing, | 但你做得对 |
[37:30] | letting her flee. | 让她逃走了 |
[37:31] | Or maybe I just made the biggest mistake of my life. | 也有可能我犯了我此生最大的一个错误 |
[37:40] | Jane. | 简 |
[37:42] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里做什么 |
[37:45] | I’m sorry, Your Majesty, | 抱歉 陛下 |
[37:48] | but I had nowhere else to go. | 但我无处可去 |
[37:50] | You must know you’re signing your own death warrant. | 你必须知道你签下了你自己的死刑令 |
[37:52] | Would it be any different if I hadn’t returned? | 我不回来的话又有什么差别 |
[37:55] | Knowing I was alive, you would always have reason to fear me. | 知道我还活着 你会一直惧怕我 |
[37:58] | This way, I have a chance to convince you | 回来的话 至少我有机会让你相信 |
[38:00] | I was telling the truth. | 我说的是真的 |
[38:01] | I swore I would keep your secret and I will. | 我发誓我会保守你的秘密 我会做到的 |
[38:04] | You don’t know me well enough to trust me, but I know you. | 你不了解我所以不信任我 但我了解你 |
[38:09] | I grew up in this court; I have watched you all my life. | 我是在宫廷里长大的 一辈子都在看着你 |
[38:14] | I knew about Lord Dudley, | 我也知道达德利大人的事 |
[38:16] | and I never said a thing. | 但我什么都没说 |
[38:18] | Please, I need this work. | 求你了 我需要这份工作 |
[38:23] | Her Majesty agreed to let me stay. | 陛下同意让我留下了 |
[38:25] | The terrible coincidence of our encounter | 我们不小心的糟糕相遇 |
[38:27] | brought some good, after all. | 还是有好处的 |
[38:29] | Elizabeth trusts me, despite what I know | 伊丽莎白信任我 尽管我知道的消息 |
[38:31] | that could be used against her, and now, because of her trust, | 对她有威胁 现在 因为她的信任 |
[38:34] | we will be able to learn so much more. | 我们可以知道更多 |
[38:40] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[38:42] | I was told that the court ambassador to England | 不是说英格兰的大使 |
[38:43] | was waiting in the throne room, | 在正殿等着吗 |
[38:46] | insisting on speaking with the king. | 坚持要和国王谈谈 |
[38:47] | He was, as were our own nobles. They were up in arms, as well, | 没错 作为我们自己的贵族 他们也很气愤 |
[38:51] | but Henri took charge. | 但亨利处理好了 |
[38:54] | He used the situation to his own advantage. | 他将这情况化作自己的优势 |
[38:58] | His speech was quite stirring, | 他的演说很是激动人心 |
[39:01] | something about Englishmen being swine | 他说了英格兰人是如何卑贱 |
[39:03] | and how France would never back down. | 法国又是如何不能退缩 |
[39:05] | Our French nobles, they were cheering, | 我们的法国贵族 他们受到了鼓舞 |
[39:08] | but the ambassador, well, he didn’t take it quite so well. | 但大使还是不为所动 |
[39:13] | I suppose he’s returned to England | 我想他会回到英格兰 |
[39:15] | to report to Elizabeth. | 向伊丽莎白报告吧 |
[39:17] | On the very next ship. | 就乘坐下一班船走 |
[39:20] | You have to admit, I was right about Henri. | 你必须承认 我对亨利的看法是对的 |
[39:24] | That boy has talent. | 那孩子有天赋 |
[39:27] | Unfortunately, it’s a talent for going after | 不幸的是 他的天赋就是追求 |
[39:29] | what doesn’t belong to him. | 不属于他的东西 |
[39:33] | You’re wasting your time with the wrong man. | 你在错误的人身上浪费时间 |
[39:36] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[39:37] | Your brother is the king of France. | 你哥哥是法国国王 |
[39:39] | Not Charles– we both know you don’t care about him. | 不是查尔斯 我们都知道你不在乎他 |
[39:43] | I’m talking about Narcisse. | 我说的是纳西斯 |
[39:45] | He’s not the man for you. | 他不是你的男人 |
[39:48] | And who is? | 那他是谁的 |
[39:55] | It’s not as bad as it looks. | 事情不是表面看起来那样 |
[39:57] | I imagine it’s worse. | 我以为会更糟糕 |
[39:59] | Darnley could’ve killed you. | 达恩利本可以杀了你 |
[40:01] | Next time, he won’t hold back. | 下一次他不会停手的 |
[40:03] | But now he knows that while he’s the father of your child, | 但现在他知道尽管他是你孩子的父亲 |
[40:07] | he’ll never be the man that you love. | 但他永远不会成为你爱的人 |
[40:11] | No. That is someone else. | 我的爱人是别人 |
[40:18] | If Darnley is no longer motivated | 如果达恩利不再试图 |
[40:19] | to share your power, | 分享你的权力 |
[40:21] | he’s gonna try and take it. | 那他就准备夺取它了 |
[40:23] | He’s a threat to your throne and to your life, Mary. | 他对你的王位和你的生命都是个威胁 玛丽 |
[40:27] | You need to get rid of him. | 你必须摆脱他 |
[40:29] | I’m not ready to talk about killing a king… | 我还没准备好谈论杀掉国王的话题… |
[40:34] | …or to have my child without a father. | 或者让我的孩子没有父亲 |
[40:38] | There has to be another way, | 肯定有别的办法 |
[40:40] | and I will find it, | 我会找到的 |
[40:41] | as long as I have you by my side. | 只要你还在我身边 |
[40:50] | That bitch. | 那个贱人 |
[40:51] | I am her Catholic husband, | 我是她的天主教丈夫 |
[40:53] | and she uses the Church against me. | 而她竟然利用教堂来对付我 |
[40:55] | She thinks that she can refuse me the Crown Matrimonial, | 她以为她可以拒绝我当并肩王 |
[40:59] | cut me off financially, | 切断我的经济来源 |
[41:00] | and I will just sit quietly like a beaten dog. | 我就会像只落水狗一样摇尾乞怜 |
[41:04] | You were on the right track, | 你做得对 |
[41:05] | winning Lord Kinloch to your side. | 让肯洛赫大人站在了你这边 |
[41:08] | Now you must win the privy council. | 现在你必须拿下枢密院 |
[41:10] | They blame Mary for mishandling the money | 他们责怪玛丽挪用了 |
[41:12] | for the disaster relief. | 赈灾款 |
[41:13] | You could win them over with a few targeted payments. | 你多付点钱就能拿下他们 |
[41:16] | As you pointed out, I have no money. | 但我没有钱了 |
[41:18] | I can raise all we need. | 我可以筹到所需的钱 |
[41:20] | With the right people on our side, | 赢得正确的人 |
[41:22] | I could convince the council to override Mary | 我可以说服枢密院推翻玛丽的决定 |
[41:25] | and grant you the Crown Matrimonial. | 让你当上并肩王 |
[41:28] | Why would you do that for me? | 你为什么要这样帮我 |
[41:29] | Our mutual distaste of Mary doesn’t exactly make us friends, | 我们是都讨厌玛丽 但这不会让我们成为朋友 |
[41:34] | and I am a Catholic. | 而且我是个天主教徒 |
[41:35] | You are a man, | 你是个男人 |
[41:36] | a man whose strength and leadership cannot be cast aside. | 男人的力量和领导力不能被废除 |
[41:39] | Now, I am more than willing to make an investment | 我更愿意投资 |
[41:41] | in Scotland’s future, | 苏格兰的未来 |
[41:42] | if that future is free of the queen. | 一个没有女王的未来 |
[41:46] | As for your religious convictions, | 至于你的宗教信仰 |
[41:49] | there is such a thing as conversion. | 那也是可以变的 |
[41:54] | Perhaps I should keep an open mind. | 也许我该抛弃成见了 |