时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[00:03] | Nolan Ross. Friend of your father’s. | 诺兰·罗斯 你父亲的朋友 |
[00:05] | He wanted you to have something. | 他给你留了些东西 |
[00:06] | My father was a murderer and a liar. | 我爸是杀人犯 是骗子 |
[00:09] | So why would I trust you? | 为什么我要相信你 |
[00:10] | ‘Cause that’s just what they want you to believe. | 因为你所相信的是他们灌输给你的思想 |
[00:12] | Forget everything that you think you know, Amanda. | 把你所知道的都忘了吧 阿曼达 |
[00:15] | Your dad was protecting you. | 你父亲在保护你 |
[00:16] | When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay. | 欺骗伤人至深 必须有人为此付出代价 |
[00:22] | Please let me out of here! | 放我出去吧 |
[00:24] | You destroyed a man’s career. | 你毁了他的职业生涯 |
[00:27] | No! No! | 不 不 |
[00:29] | You scare me. | 你吓到我了 |
[00:30] | Good. | 很好 |
[00:45] | You’re driving me crazy tonight, Amanda. | 你今晚真快把我迷疯了 阿曼达 |
[00:47] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[00:49] | Let’s get outta here. | 我们换个地方吧 |
[00:50] | No, I want to dance. | 不 我想跳舞 |
[00:54] | You just gonna tease me all night? | 你今晚只调情不办事吗 |
[00:55] | Get your hands off me. | 把你的手拿开 |
[00:58] | What’s your problem? | 你这是怎么了 |
[00:59] | What’s your problem? | 你又是怎么了 |
[01:01] | Vodka tonic, hold the tonic. | 伏特加汤力 少汤力水 |
[01:04] | You got it. | 明白 |
[01:10] | I’ve been watching you all night. | 我今晚眼光一直跟着你转 |
[01:12] | Oh, yeah? | 是吗 |
[01:13] | Let’s go. | 咱们走 |
[01:30] | You bastard! | 你个混蛋 |
[01:31] | What the hell? | 怎么了 |
[01:32] | What’s wrong with you, you crazy bitch? Get off him! | 你这疯婆子发什么神经 放开他 |
[01:35] | Screw you, you son of a bitch! | 滚你的 混蛋 |
[01:37] | Stop it! You’re gonna kill him! | 停手 你会杀了他的 |
[01:40] | Let go of me! | 放开我 |
[01:42] | Freak! | 疯子 |
[01:44] | Come on, man. Take it easy. I’m just a girl. | 伙计 放松点 我可只是个女孩 |
[01:49] | I will give you $10,000 for a cigarette. | 我给你一万美元 买你一根香烟 |
[01:51] | You know, you really shouldn’t smoke, Amanda. | 你知道你不应该吸烟的 阿曼达 |
[01:54] | It’s bad for the skin. | 对皮肤不好 |
[01:55] | You. | 是你 |
[01:57] | What the hell do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[01:58] | Some moo goo gai pan and maybe some wontons. | 一份蘑菇鸡片 一些馄饨 |
[02:00] | Care to join? | 想一起吃吗 |
[02:01] | No. | 不想 |
[02:02] | Well, I really hate to eat alone, so, uh… | 我很讨厌一个人吃饭 所以 |
[02:05] | Why don’t you hop in? | 来 上车吧 |
[02:13] | You should really drink some tea. | 你真应该喝点茶 |
[02:15] | It’ll help with that hangover. | 对缓解宿醉很有帮助 |
[02:17] | I don’t like to think that far ahead. | 我可不想考虑那么遥远的事情 |
[02:18] | Oh, well, that explains why, uh, you didn’t consider | 这就能解释你在酒吧厕所里 |
[02:22] | that the guy you just toilet capped at the club | 打那个男人 |
[02:24] | could press charges. | 却没考虑这可能会让你陷入诉讼 |
[02:26] | Well, let him. I can afford it. | 随他去 我玩得起 |
[02:28] | I promised your dad that I would look after you. | 我向你父亲承诺过要好好照看你的 |
[02:30] | You don’t even know me. | 你都不了解我 |
[02:32] | I met you once six months ago. | 我只在六个月前见过你一次 |
[02:34] | Yeah, outside the gates | 是啊 就在有着你舒适单间的 |
[02:36] | of your lovely one-bedroom at Allenwood Detention, | 艾伦伍德青少年拘留所门外 |
[02:40] | where I gave you half my company. | 我还把半个公司都给了你 |
[02:42] | If you came to get your money back, you’re too late. | 你要是想来把钱讨回去 那就太迟了 |
[02:44] | I don’t want it back. | 我不是想来讨钱 |
[02:45] | I just want you to use it for something | 我只是想看到你把钱用到其他方面 |
[02:47] | other than your own self-destruction. | 而不是用来自我放纵 自我毁灭 |
[02:50] | Destruction’s in my D.N.A. | 毁灭可是刻在我的基因上的 |
[02:52] | Take it up with Darwin. | 我也学过达尔文的理论 |
[02:54] | Wait. | 等会 |
[02:56] | You didn’t read the journals, did you? | 你没去读你父亲的日记 是吗 |
[02:58] | And so what if I did, he’d still be dead | 那又怎么了 就算我读了的话 |
[02:59] | and I couldn’t do anything about it. | 他现在还是死了 而我仍然无能为力 |
[03:01] | This isn’t about changing things, Amanda. | 这和改变现状无关 阿曼达 |
[03:04] | This is about knowing who your dad really was. | 这可以让你认识到你父亲究竟是怎样的人 |
[03:09] | You have to read those journals. | 你得好好读读那些日记 |
[03:18] | Thanks for the ride. | 多谢你捎我一程 |
[03:21] | Amanda. | 阿曼达 |
[03:24] | This is everyone? | 所有人都在这上面了吗 |
[03:25] | Everyone who represents a threat of exposure. | 所有可能泄露消息的人都在名单上 |
[03:28] | I’ve expedited their invitations to your New Year’s party. | 我把邀请他们出席新年派对的邀请函寄了加急件 |
[03:31] | You know what my resolution is gonna be this year? | 你知道我今年的新年新决心是什么吗 |
[03:34] | No more parties. | 没有派对 |
[03:35] | They’re like a hidden tax on the rich. | 派对简直就像对有钱人间接征税似的 |
[03:37] | I think Victoria might have something to say about that. | 我觉得维多利亚对这事可不这么想 |
[03:40] | About what? | 什么事 |
[03:42] | We have a situation. | 我们出了点状况 |
[03:44] | So you said when you summoned me. | 你唤我过来的时候就说过了 |
[03:46] | Now what was so important | 到底什么事这么重要非得要我 |
[03:49] | that I had to leave Le Bernardin mid-course? | 从伯纳丁法式海鲜餐厅半途走开 |
[03:51] | This came in the mail yesterday. | 昨天邮寄来这个 |
[03:55] | 耻辱 ——大卫·克拉克 | |
[03:57] | From David Clarke? | 来自大卫·克拉克 |
[03:58] | Obviously not, | 肯定不是 |
[03:59] | being the man’s been dead for the past eight months. | 他可死了八个月了 |
[04:01] | What is this, some kind of sick joke? | 那这是什么 无聊恶作剧吗 |
[04:03] | We’re treating it as a threat | 我们现在把它当成 |
[04:04] | from someone who had inside knowledge of the circumstances. | 内部知情人士趁机要挟来处理 |
[04:07] | Frank’s compiled a list of everyone who played | 弗兰克列了一张单子 写出所有 |
[04:09] | a willing role in the cover-up | 在掩盖事实过程中帮助咱们的人 |
[04:11] | and everyone who was complicit in their ignorance, | 以及虽然间接帮忙的不知情认识 |
[04:13] | and all of them will now be attending | 所有人都会被邀请 |
[04:15] | our annual New Year’s party in the Hamptons. | 参加咱们在汉普顿每年一度的新年派对 |
[04:18] | And once we have them corralled, | 一旦把他们都聚集在一起 |
[04:20] | Frank will be using his investigative acumen | 弗兰克将大展他在侦查方面的才能 |
[04:23] | to narrow down the suspects. | 缩小嫌疑人范围 |
[04:25] | Well, count me out. | 别把我拉进来 |
[04:29] | I find the prospect | 我一想到 |
[04:30] | of ringing in the New Year with any of these people | 要和这些人一起敲响新年钟声 |
[04:32] | absolutely nauseating. | 就觉得恶心透顶 |
[04:34] | More or less nauseating | 那比起在监狱中度过一生这个想法 |
[04:35] | than the prospect of life in prison? | 哪个更让人恶心呢 |
[04:37] | Because that is what we face if the author of this note | 因为如果寄纸条的人决定将已故大卫·克拉克 |
[04:40] | decides to expose the truth about the late Mr. David Clarke. | 冤情公之于众 我们坐定牢了 |
[05:04] | What can I get ya? | 你喝什么 |
[05:06] | Vodka tonic, hold the tonic. | 伏特加汤力 不加汤力水 |
[05:09] | Want a twist? | 想听个大逆转吗 |
[05:10] | The hero and the villain are actually the same person. | 英雄和恶棍其实同系一人 |
[05:13] | Get it? | 明白了吗 |
[05:14] | A twist. | 惊天大逆转 |
[05:16] | Sorry. I’m taking a mail-in creative writing course. | 对不起 我正在参加函授的创意写作课 |
[05:19] | Funny. | 挺有趣的 |
[05:20] | No, it’s dumb, but anything to pass the time. | 不 这挺傻的 打发时间而已 |
[05:23] | In the winters, it’s like “The Shining” Around here. | 冬天的时候 这鬼地方就像《闪灵》似的 |
[05:25] | Actually, you’re the first new face I’ve seen since summer. | 事实上 你是我这个夏天见到的第一张新面孔 |
[05:27] | You a local? | 你是本地人吗 |
[05:28] | Mm. No. Just passing through. | 不是 路过而已 |
[05:30] | Jack, help your brother before he breaks something. | 杰克 趁你弟弟没打碎东西前搭把手 |
[05:33] | You’re not gonna break anything, are you, dec? | 你不会打碎东西的吧 德克 |
[05:36] | He’s got it. | 他搞得定 |
[05:58] | That the last of your stuff? | 那是最后一箱了吗 |
[05:59] | Yeah, I got one more load, and then your boyfriend | 还有一箱 搬完后你家男朋友 |
[06:01] | officially lives in a bar. | 就正式”驻店”了 |
[06:03] | Mm. Lucky me. | 我可真幸运 |
[06:42] | Hey, Amanda. | 嗨 阿曼达 |
[06:44] | Ah. Okay. | 啊 好吧 |
[06:47] | What do you think? | 你觉得这身打扮如何 |
[06:48] | Your tie is a little crooked. | 你的领带打得有点歪 |
[06:53] | You know, I don’t have to go tonight. | 你知道 我今晚并不是非得出席的 |
[06:55] | Why not? It sounds fun. | 为何不呢 听起来挺有趣的 |
[06:57] | Because… | 因为 |
[06:58] | It’s kind of a tradition, | 咱俩人一起在家 |
[07:00] | us staying home, watching the ball drop. | 看落球仪式可是个传统 |
[07:04] | You fell asleep last year. | 你去年睡着了 |
[07:05] | I think you need a new tradition. | 我觉得你需要一个新传统了 |
[07:06] | So did not fall asleep. | 省得我又睡着了 |
[07:08] | Yeah, you did. And I stayed awake. | 没错 你睡着了 我一直醒着 |
[07:09] | No, no, you actually– | 不 不 实际上 |
[07:10] | I’m gonna have to torture you now… | 我现在得好好拷问你一番 |
[07:11] | Stop that. | 住手 |
[07:11] | Because you are… | 因为你是 |
[07:12] | – Stop. – You shall be grounded. | -快停下 -你会被禁足哦 |
[07:14] | Happy New Year, all. | 各位 新年快乐 |
[07:15] | Who’s that? | 谁啊 |
[07:16] | – Hey. – Oh, hey, bill. | -你好 -你好 比尔 |
[07:17] | – Hey. – Party’s next door. | -你好 -派对在隔壁呢 |
[07:19] | I just came to make sure you’d show up | 我只是来确认你会出席 |
[07:20] | and to give a certain young lady her Christmas present. | 顺便捎给某个年轻女士她的圣诞礼物 |
[07:25] | Ariel. Thanks, Uncle Bill. | 是小美人鱼 谢谢比尔叔叔 |
[07:28] | Hey, come on. | 快走吧 |
[07:30] | Conrad’s montecristos aren’t gonna smoke themselves, huh? | 康拉德的蒙特克里斯雪茄在等我们呢 |
[07:32] | All right. Don’t stay up too late. | 走吧 别太晚睡 |
[07:34] | Bye. | 再见 |
[07:36] | You know how much I love you? | 你知道我有多爱你吗 |
[07:38] | Infinity times infinity. | 无穷的无穷 |
[07:42] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[07:44] | – Good night. – Bye. | -晚安 -再见 |
[07:45] | Happy New Year, honey. | 新年快乐 亲爱的 |
[07:48] | You ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[07:49] | Yeah, I guess as I’ll ever be… | 是的 我大概会… |
[08:11] | “My dear Amanda, | “亲爱的阿曼达 |
[08:12] | in the pages that follow, | 在接下来的日记里 |
[08:13] | I’ve attempted to piece together | 我试着阐明 |
[08:15] | the ruthless betrayal that brought about | 我遭到无情的背叛 致使我含冤入狱 |
[08:17] | my false imprisonment and our unbearable separation. | 令你我惨痛分离的原委 |
[08:20] | I hope this chronicle will one day provide you | 希望这本日记有朝一日 |
[08:23] | an understanding of what I believe happened to me. | 能为你解释清楚 发生在我身上的事 |
[08:25] | If I’m at all culpable for what happened to us, Amanda… | 阿曼达 也许一切都是我的责任 |
[08:28] | Believing in a system rigged against me | 我自认为是挚友的人们 |
[08:30] | by the people I knew as friends | 一齐背叛了我 |
[08:31] | in a life I can no longer… | 我不再能… |
[08:33] | It’s because I gave away my trust too easily… | 正是因为我太容易信任他人 |
[08:36] | Bill Harmon has been a close associate | 比尔·哈蒙多年来一直是格雷森的 |
[08:38] | of the Graysons’ for years, whereas Conrad has… | 亲密合作伙伴 然而康拉德… |
[08:40] | Roger Halsted is a true friend. | 罗杰·霍尔斯特德才是我真正的朋友 |
[08:42] | As for why he would let himself be dragged into this… | 至于他为何会把自己牵扯进来… |
[08:44] | I can’t claim to know Tom Kingsly very well, | 我不能说非常了解汤姆·金斯莱 |
[08:46] | in prosecuting the case against me, | 他对我提起公诉 |
[08:49] | it’s clear that he buried evidence | 显然 他替格雷森一家 |
[08:50] | on behalf of the Graysons.” | 掩盖了证据” |
[10:32] | Hello. Happy New Year. | 你好 新年快乐 |
[10:33] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[10:36] | Lydia. | 莉迪亚 |
[10:38] | Oh, Michael. | 迈克尔 |
[10:40] | It is so good to see you both. | 真高兴见到你们俩 |
[10:42] | We wouldn’t have come by a day early like this, | 我们本不该像这样提早一天来拜访 |
[10:44] | but we were kind of, uh, in the neighborhood. | 但我们正好在附近办事 |
[10:46] | House shopping. | 我们打算购房 |
[10:47] | Michael promised to buy a place in Southampton. | 迈克尔答应我 在南汉普顿买套房子 |
[10:51] | Unfortunately, all the beachfront properties get snatched up | 但不幸的是 海滨别墅一旦挂牌待售 |
[10:53] | the second they hit the market. | 就会立即被人买走 |
[10:55] | One day, this bubble is gonna burst. | 总有一天 这场泡沫经济会破裂 |
[10:56] | Oh, well, let it. | 随它去吧 |
[10:58] | There’s been a veritable invasion of riffraff around here | 自从政府削减利率后 |
[11:01] | ever since the feds flattened the rates. | 总有一些乌合之众想要入住此地 |
[11:02] | What he means | 他的意思是 |
[11:03] | is that we’d be thrilled to have you as neighbors. | 能和你们做邻居 我们激动万分 |
[11:05] | The closer the better. | 越近越好 |
[11:06] | Be careful what you wish for. | 小心愿望成真哦 |
[11:08] | We did put an offer on | 我们确实申请求购 |
[11:09] | David Clarke’s old beach house next door. | 大卫·克拉克在隔壁的旧海滨小屋 |
[11:12] | Yes, but, uh, | 是的 但是… |
[11:13] | after the government seized the property, | 政府没收他的财产后 |
[11:14] | they auctioned it off to some dummy corporation. | 就将房子拍卖给了某家傀儡公司 |
[11:17] | I mean, you’d think with the history of that house, | 鉴于那栋房子的历史 可以想象 |
[11:19] | they would be happy to unload it. | 他们会多高兴能摆脱这个房产 |
[11:21] | But apparently, they’re not entertaining any offers. | 但显然那家公司对我们的开价不感兴趣 |
[11:23] | No. | 是的 |
[11:24] | Oh, well, that’s unfortunate. | 那还真不走运 |
[11:27] | Would you please take the Davises bags | 请带着戴维斯夫妇的行李 |
[11:29] | and situate them in an oceanfront room? | 领他们到海景房间休息 |
[11:44] | Hey, hold the tonic. | 你好 不爱汤力水的美女 |
[11:45] | Thought you were just passing through. | 还以为你是过路客呢 |
[11:47] | Thought I’d stay a little longer than expected. | 也许我会比预期多待段时间 |
[11:49] | How are the burgers here? | 这里的汉堡味道如何 |
[11:50] | Can’t say. I don’t eat meat. | 不知道 我不吃肉 |
[11:51] | People who do say they’re the best in Montauk. | 人们都说这是蒙托克最美味的汉堡 |
[11:55] | Hey, boss, um… | 老板… |
[11:57] | You think I can get tomorrow night off? | 明天晚上我能请假吗 |
[11:59] | I lined up a gig with a catering service | 我得到一份在格雷森家的跨年晚宴 |
[12:01] | for the Graysons’ New Year’s thing. | 做餐饮服务的活 |
[12:02] | I need you here. | 我要你留在这里 |
[12:05] | Well, I figured that with the way | 我觉得是你 |
[12:07] | that business has been going, you… | 经营酒吧的方式有些问题 |
[12:10] | were gonna start cutting shifts. | 你取消了换班制度 |
[12:12] | You want the catering job, take it. | 要是你想做餐饮服务 那就去吧 |
[12:14] | But just don’t come back here. | 但别想着还能回来干活 |
[12:21] | Turned you down? | 他拒绝你了吗 |
[12:23] | I’m gonna go broke if I keep working at this place, | 如果我一直在这里工作会崩溃的 |
[12:24] | and we need cash if we’re going to Europe this summer. | 如果我们想今年夏天去欧洲 就需要钱 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry, Ky. | 我很抱歉 凯儿 |
[12:28] | It’s not like this is some small setback. | 这并不是什么小逆境 |
[12:31] | Dad had to sell the house. | 我爸快要把房子卖了 |
[12:32] | I’m not mad at him. I’m mad at Montauk. | 我没生他的气 而是厌倦了蒙托克 |
[12:36] | I feel like I’m gonna be stuck here my whole life. | 我感觉自己的一生都会被困在这里 |
[12:39] | There are worse places. | 世上还有比这更糟的地方 |
[12:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[12:49] | Drama. | 让你见笑了 |
[12:50] | You know, I could use some extra cash, too. | 我也需要赚些外快 |
[12:54] | Think I could fill in for you at that New Year’s party? | 我能替你去那个跨年晚宴吗 |
[12:56] | Kick you back 25% if you can hook it up. | 事成后 我的酬劳分你四分之一 |
[12:59] | Sure, if you really want to work on New Year’s Eve. | 可以 如果你不介意在除夕夜干活 |
[13:03] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[13:07] | Mandy. | 曼蒂 |
[13:15] | Sammy. | 山姆 |
[13:18] | You got so big. | 都长这么大了 |
[13:20] | Your dad always said you had a soft spot for animals. | 你父亲总说你对小动物没有抵抗力 |
[13:22] | What, are you following me now? | 怎么 你现在改跟踪狂了吗 |
[13:24] | In this weather, more like tracking. | 这种天气下 倒不如说是寻迹而来 |
[13:26] | Don’t you have any friends or family of your own | 你就没有朋友或是家人 |
[13:27] | to harass over the holidays? | 可以共度节日吗 |
[13:32] | Sammy. | 山姆 |
[13:33] | Come on. Get in here. | 过来 快进来 |
[13:36] | Hey, listen, if you guys aren’t doing anything | 各位 如果你们明天除夕 |
[13:37] | tomorrow for New Year’s, | 没什么计划的话 |
[13:38] | we got 2-for-1 shots here till midnight. | 本店的酒在午夜前买二送一 |
[13:40] | Tell your friends. | 帮我宣传一下 |
[13:42] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[13:43] | I made plans. | 我另有安排了 |
[13:44] | Let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[13:46] | Volunteering in a homeless shelter. | 去收容所做志愿者 |
[13:48] | Finding out who my father was. | 去查出我父亲的真相 |
[13:50] | Now get lost, Nolan. | 走开 诺兰 |
[13:51] | I haven’t had a guardian in ten years. | 这十年来 我都没有监护人 |
[13:53] | I don’t need one now. | 现在也同样不需要 |
[14:07] | I see Michael and Lydia Davis have arrived. | 我看到迈克和莉迪亚来了 |
[14:10] | Yeah. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing | 是的 我很确定 |
[14:11] | to worry about with them. | 不用去担心他们什么 |
[14:12] | I mean, Michael didn’t even play a part, | 迈克尔并没有参与其中 |
[14:14] | and Lydia’s not exactly the type to suffer | 而莉迪亚也显然不是那种 |
[14:17] | a crisis of conscience. | 会受自己良心谴责的人 |
[14:19] | I would like to think my secretary’s a tad more loyal | 我觉得我的秘书对我 比她对大卫 |
[14:21] | than she was to David. | 要忠诚点 |
[14:24] | Everyone’s a suspect, | 所有人都有嫌疑 |
[14:27] | even you. | 你也不例外 |
[14:30] | And Victoria? | 那维多利亚呢 |
[14:36] | Where is Victoria? | 维多利亚去哪儿了 |
[15:34] | Don’t be afraid. They put out a nice spread. | 不必害怕 他们对你赞不绝口 |
[15:37] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[15:38] | Fashionably late as usual. | 你又迟到了 |
[15:40] | Oh, that’s, uh, my fault, I’m afraid. | 抱歉 恐怕责任在我 |
[15:42] | Bill took a detour to my house. | 比尔绕道去了趟我家 |
[15:45] | Hi, I’m David Clarke. | 你好 我是大卫·克拉克 |
[15:46] | I- I work with your husband. | 和你的丈夫一起共事 |
[15:48] | Happy New Year, Mr. Clarke. | 新年快乐 克拉克先生 |
[15:49] | How is it we haven’t met before? | 为什么我们之前没见过 |
[15:51] | David’s not much for parties. | 大卫不经常参加宴会 |
[15:53] | Perhaps if you acquired shares in that mentality, | 如果你能放点心思在工作上 |
[15:56] | your star would be rising as fast as David’s. | 你就会像大卫一样迅速崛起 闪耀夺目 |
[15:58] | All work and no play, where’s the fun in that? | 只工作不娱乐 人生还有什么乐趣 |
[16:02] | If you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna get a drink. | 容我失陪一下 我去拿杯酒 |
[16:04] | David just moved into the beach house next door. | 大卫刚搬进我们隔壁那幢海滨小屋 |
[16:07] | Oh, so you’re the one. | 原来就是你啊 |
[16:10] | Well, welcome to the neighborhood. | 欢迎来到这里 |
[16:11] | It’s a beautiful property. | 那是幢漂亮的房子 |
[16:12] | Well, it will be eventually. It needs work. | 最终会很漂亮的 它还需要修缮一下 |
[16:15] | But, uh, I’m afraid, uh, all I could afford was a fixer. | 但恐怕 我只请得起一个维修工 |
[16:19] | – But it felt right. – Felt? | -但那房子给人感觉很好 -感觉 |
[16:22] | How refreshing. | 好独特的说法 |
[16:24] | As I understand it, we only buy properties | 在我的认知内 买房的唯一标准 |
[16:26] | if the tax incentives work for us. | 就是税收鼓励政策 |
[16:29] | You know what? Uh, Rudy just walked in. | 鲁迪刚进来 |
[16:31] | Let’s go talk to him before he gets drunk | 在他喝醉 伺机寻觅市长竞选机会前 |
[16:32] | and starts angling for another mayoral run. | 我们赶紧去和他聊聊 |
[16:38] | Well, enjoy yourself tonight. | 祝你今晚玩得尽兴 |
[16:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:43] | Victoria. | 维多利亚 |
[16:47] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[16:49] | Seeking calm before the storm of our guests. | 在客人蜂拥而至之前 寻求点平静 |
[16:53] | In this godforsaken place? | 非得在这个晦气的地方吗 |
[16:57] | It was on the floor. Someone’s been in here. | 它掉在地板上 有人来过这里 |
[17:01] | Clearly, yeah. | 不稀奇 |
[17:03] | You know, I think it’s high time we let this place go. | 我觉得是时候转让这栋房子了 |
[17:07] | I’m selling it. | 我要把它卖了 |
[17:09] | – Why do we have to do that? – Because you’re still in love with him. | -为什么要这么做 -因为你还爱着他 |
[17:33] | Here I was, planning a lonely New Year’s in the keys | 我本打算与打字机相伴 独身过新年 |
[17:37] | when imagine my surprise, | 却在最后一刻收到晚宴邀请 |
[17:38] | a last-minute invitation to the ball. | 真令我欣喜若惊 |
[17:40] | Well, we’re just so happy you could come celebrate with us. | 很高兴你能前来 与我们同庆佳节 |
[17:43] | Aww. I’m happy, too, though I would be happier | 我也很开心 如果我房间能有个烟灰缸 |
[17:45] | if my room had an ashtray. | 就更完美了 |
[17:47] | I thought you were going to be staying at your cottage. | 我以为你会留在你的小木屋 |
[17:48] | I would had I ever thought to have it winterized. | 是啊 我甚至考虑给房子装套取暖设备 |
[17:51] | Ah, well, young lady. | 小姐 |
[17:54] | Young lady. | 小姐 |
[17:57] | Could you please see to it that Mr. Treadwell has an astray? | 请你帮特德韦尔先生找个烟灰缸 |
[17:59] | And find him a place to smoke outside. | 并带他到外面去抽烟好吗 |
[18:04] | Leo Treadwell? | 尼欧·特德韦尔 |
[18:08] | How’d you like to help me rescue your father? | 你愿意帮我救你爸爸吗 |
[18:11] | I don’t think he did it. | 我觉得他是清白的 |
[18:17] | A fan, I assume? | 你是我的读者吧 |
[18:20] | Your biggest. | 忠实粉丝 |
[18:22] | So how have you been, Victoria? | 最近过得如何 维多利亚 |
[18:24] | I imagine that David Clarke’s death this year | 今年大卫·克拉克遇害 |
[18:26] | came as quite a shock. | 你一定大为震惊 |
[18:27] | Though on the plus side, | 对我而言 倒是意外的收获 |
[18:29] | for me, his demise | 他意外身亡 |
[18:30] | has rekindled the public’s appetite for his story. | 重新燃起读者对他故事的兴趣 |
[18:33] | Don’t tell me you’re writing another book. | 别告诉我 你要再写一本书 |
[18:34] | Already hard at work digging up new material. | 已经开始着手 挖掘新素材了 |
[18:37] | A trip to the prison proved fruitful. | 我走访了监狱 收获颇丰 |
[18:39] | During my visits with David, I remembered | 记得我去探访大卫时 |
[18:42] | that one of his guards fancied himself a photographer. | 有一名狱警热衷于摄影 |
[18:44] | He took this on the day that David was killed. | 这是他在大卫遇害那天拍下的照片 |
[18:48] | Keep it. | 拿着吧 |
[18:50] | We both know that he’d have wanted you to have it. | 你我都清楚 他会希望由你保留的 |
[19:09] | 格雷森的合作伙伴 鲁莽冲动 最卑鄙的背叛者 有赌瘾 | |
[19:10] | Grayson security seized my database this morning. | 格雷森的安全系统今早查到了我的数据库 |
[19:13] | The s.E.C. Gets ahold of this, | 要是被证交会知道了 |
[19:14] | you’re going to jail, Bill. | 你会坐牢的 比尔 |
[19:16] | Grayson wants to cut a deal. | 格雷森想做笔交易 |
[19:24] | Today I am just grateful | 今日我倍感欣慰 |
[19:25] | 政治动物 被格雷森收买 与之串谋 是指控我的检控官 | |
[19:28] | that justice prevailed | 正义终得以伸张 |
[19:29] | and that this terrible man | 这个可恶的罪人 |
[19:30] | has been held accountable for his crimes against the American people. | 要为他对美国人民所犯下的罪行接受惩罚 |
[19:49] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[19:50] | I’d rather not be seated so close to them. | 我不想与他们坐在一起 |
[19:53] | Them? | 他们 |
[19:55] | All of these people. | 他们所有人 |
[19:57] | Stick me in a corner somewhere, huh, | 帮我安排一个角落的位置 |
[19:59] | where no one will notice me? | 最不显眼的地方 |
[20:01] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[20:02] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[20:04] | They got me staying in the pool house. | 他们安排我住在泳池边的客房里 |
[20:07] | Bring by a bottle of bourbon, huh? | 拿瓶波旁威士忌给我 好吗 |
[20:12] | I’m eternally in your debt. | 不胜感激 |
[20:27] | 盟友 知道我是无辜的 被迫保持保持缄默 有机会定会帮我 | |
[20:32] | What did he say to you? | 他对你说什么了 |
[20:35] | He just wanted to switch tables. | 他就是想换个位置 |
[20:54] | Have a seat anywhere. | 随便坐 |
[20:56] | I-I’m looking for a girl. | 我在找一个女孩 |
[20:57] | Wish I could say you came to the right place, | 你没找对地方呀 |
[20:59] | but it should pick up later tonight, though. | 但晚点来的话就差不多了 |
[21:03] | But… who’s picking you up | 那么哪个幸运儿今晚 |
[21:08] | later tonight, though? | 与你共度良宵呢 |
[21:15] | Look, you have every right | 你大可以来到这里 |
[21:16] | to come in here and hit on the cute bartender all night. | 搭讪这位漂亮的女招待 |
[21:18] | You should just know, it’s not gonna happen. | 但明确告诉你 别做白日梦 |
[21:22] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[21:23] | She’s with me. | 她是我的女友 |
[21:25] | Ahh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[21:27] | Um, it’s–I’m Nolan, by the way. | 对了 我叫诺兰 |
[21:32] | – Okay. I’m Jack. – Jack? | -我是杰克 -你好 杰克 |
[21:39] | Hello, Mr. Halsted? | 霍尔斯特德先生在吗 |
[21:42] | I had to swipe this from Mr. Grayson’s private stash. | 我从格雷森的藏酒中偷来了这个 |
[21:49] | That man has swiped plenty more | 那家伙这些年偷的东西 |
[21:50] | than a bottle of whiskey over the years. | 远不止一瓶陈年的威士忌 |
[21:53] | His portfolio can handle it. | 这点损失对他算不了什么 |
[22:01] | I don’t want your money. | 我不要你的钱 |
[22:04] | I want to know about my father. | 我想知道我父亲的事 |
[22:07] | Who’s your father? | 你父亲是谁 |
[22:10] | David Clarke. | 大卫·克拉克 |
[22:15] | Amanda? | 你是阿曼达 |
[22:18] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干什么 |
[22:23] | After my father died, he left me his journals. | 我父亲去世后 留下了一本日记 |
[22:28] | He claims he’s innocent. | 他坚称自己是无辜的 |
[22:35] | He was found guilty in court. | 法庭判定他有罪 |
[22:36] | But he said that you knew the truth, that he was set up. | 但他说你了解真相 知道他是被陷害的 |
[22:43] | And if I told you he was right, | 如果我告诉你 他句句实属 |
[22:45] | what would you do with that information? | 你打算怎么办 |
[22:47] | I would make sure that everybody knew about it, | 我要让所有人知道真相 |
[22:51] | that these people got what they deserved. | 这些人要得到应有的报应 |
[22:57] | I have the guest list. | 我有一份宾客名单 |
[23:00] | According to his journals, | 他日记中所提到的人 |
[23:02] | most of those people are here tonight. | 大多今晚都会到场 |
[23:04] | All the more reason for you to drop it. | 所以你更应该远离这里 |
[23:05] | Is that what you did? | 你当初就是这么做的吗 |
[23:07] | You just dropped it, drank until it all went away? | 置之不理 借酒消愁 |
[23:10] | I’m not afraid of these people. | 我不怕这些人 |
[23:13] | And you shouldn’t be either. | 你也不该害怕 |
[23:16] | I have nothing more to say to you. | 我跟你无话可说了 |
[23:28] | Man, these people can drink. | 天啊 这些家伙真会喝 |
[23:29] | Yeah? Come work puff daddy’s white party in September. | 你该见识一下九月份吹牛老爹的白色派对 |
[23:31] | They go through $1,000 bottles like it’s water. | 他们喝起上千美元的酒就像跟喝白开水一样 |
[23:33] | Come on, Kingsly. | 拜托 金斯莱 |
[23:34] | I’m sorry, Bill, but my district has spoken. | 抱歉 比尔 我要响应选民呼声 |
[23:37] | They don’t want gambling near the churches or the schools. | 他们希望赌博远离教堂和学校 |
[23:40] | One Indian casino is | 一个印第安赌场 |
[23:41] | not gonna get you unelected, senator. | 不会影响你的选票 议员先生 |
[23:43] | Surely you can set aside | 你肯定可以破例一次 |
[23:45] | your family-values agenda just this once. | 抛开你倡导传统家庭观的议案 |
[23:48] | We all know you’re capable of it. | 你的本事有多大 我们都清楚 |
[23:50] | Bill, could I have a word? | 比尔 能借一步说话 |
[23:51] | Do I have a choice? | 遵命 |
[23:52] | Hello, Dr. Banks. | 你好 班克斯医生 |
[23:53] | I read your profile in “The new yorker” | 我前些日子 还在《纽约客》上 |
[23:56] | a couple of days ago, about the D.C. Sniper. | 看到你关于华府惊魂23天事件的文章 |
[23:58] | You want to know what I think? | 想听听我的看法吧 |
[23:59] | No, but don’t let that stop you. | 不想 但不妨说来听听 |
[24:04] | Mm. My savior. | 大救星 |
[24:05] | Let’s, uh, let’s talk, uh, about your new book | 不如聊聊你那本 |
[24:08] | on attachment parenting instead. I just read it. | 关于亲密育儿法的新书吧 我刚拜读过 |
[24:10] | – Really? – No. Not really. | -真的 -假的 |
[24:14] | Well, another year goes by. | 又一年过去了 |
[24:16] | They just go quicker and quicker. | 时光流逝 |
[24:18] | Mm. Not this one. | 这一年不同以往 |
[24:19] | I for one cannot wait to put this one behind me. | 我巴不得今年能快点过完 |
[24:22] | Champagne? | 要香槟吗 |
[24:24] | I think I might be needing something with a little more purpose. | 我想我得来点有用的东西 |
[24:26] | Excuse me, Lydia. Thank you. | 失陪一下 莉迪亚 谢谢 |
[24:33] | What are you coveting, sweetie? | 亲爱的 你在觊觎什么呢 |
[24:36] | Is it the dolce | 是她养尊处优的生活 |
[24:39] | or what’s underneath it? | 还是这种生活背后真实的样子 |
[24:59] | Uh, hello again. | 又见面了 |
[25:00] | I was looking for your husband. | 我在找你丈夫 |
[25:01] | I didn’t want to leave without saying thank you. | 我想说声谢谢再离开 |
[25:03] | I haven’t seen him. | 我没看到他 |
[25:05] | Won’t you come in? | 你不进来吗 |
[25:07] | Okay. Well, I guess I will, uh… | 好吧 那我… |
[25:09] | say thank you to you. | 我就向你道谢吧 |
[25:11] | That was a lovely evening. | 真是一个美好的夜晚 |
[25:13] | Well, it’s snowing outside. | 外面在下雪呢 |
[25:14] | Could I offer you some insulation from the cold? | 我帮你拿点驱寒的酒吧 |
[25:16] | Thank you, but I was hoping to get home | 谢谢你 但我想准时回家 |
[25:19] | in time to watch the ball drop with my daughter. | 陪我女儿看落球仪式 |
[25:22] | Ah, well, that’s very important. | 哦 我明白的 |
[25:25] | I wish I could spend New Year’s Eve with my son, | 我也很希望能陪我儿子过新年 |
[25:27] | but he’s with my in-laws, and… | 但他在我公公婆婆家 |
[25:30] | I’ve already called him four times. | 我已经给他打了四个电话了 |
[25:32] | It’s amazing how much you miss them, isn’t it? | 对子女的思念真是无穷无尽 是吧 |
[25:38] | Why don’t you come over for brunch tomorrow? | 你们明天可以来和我们共进早午餐吗 |
[25:40] | I’d love to meet the whole family. | 很期待能见见你们一家 |
[25:42] | Ah, well, it’s, um, just me and Amanda now. | 我们家只有我和阿曼达 |
[25:48] | My wife is not with us anymore. | 我妻子没和我们住在一起了 |
[25:51] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[25:55] | No one should ever have to spend the holidays grieving. | 大家都应该开开心心过节 |
[26:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:19] | Here’s to my pop, | 敬我的老爸 |
[26:20] | the hardest working man in Suffolk County. | 萨福克县工作最卖力的人 |
[26:24] | What’s, uh, what’s up with your dad? | 你爸…你爸怎么了 |
[26:28] | Did he die? | 他死了吗 |
[26:29] | What? No, he’s upstairs. | 什么 没有 他在楼上 |
[26:31] | He’s working. | 他在干活呢 |
[26:33] | Hence the toast… | 所以那个祝酒词是… |
[26:35] | My family now lives and works under the same roof. | 现在我们家在这房子里又过日子又做生意 |
[26:38] | Oh, cozy. | 真惬意呀 |
[26:39] | We actually used to have | 我们本来在阿默甘西特 |
[26:40] | this really great cottage in Amagansett. | 有栋很好的小别墅 |
[26:43] | But then this… | 但后来… |
[26:45] | rich parasite started buying up | 这个寄生虫财主慢慢地 |
[26:46] | all our neighbors one by one. | 把我们周边的房子全都买了下来 |
[26:48] | Last month, my dad finally caved. | 上个月 我爸只好从了他 |
[26:51] | That’s four family homes on seacliff Lane, | 海岩区的那四栋家庭住宅 |
[26:54] | just wiped off the map. | 全部没了 |
[26:55] | Seacliff Lane, huh? | 海岩区啊 |
[27:00] | Uh, I’m gonna hit the head. | 我去下洗手间 |
[27:12] | So I’ve talked to… Kingsly… | 我和金斯莱 哈蒙和巴恩斯法官 |
[27:16] | Harmon, and Judge Barnes. | 都谈过了 |
[27:17] | I’m satisfied they have nothing to do with the letter. | 还好他们都与那封匿名信无关 |
[27:20] | I see you’ve crossed off Dr. Banks. | 你排除了班克斯医生 |
[27:23] | She’s a latecomer. | 她是后来才牵扯进来的 |
[27:24] | She’s an opportunist. | 而且她是个机会主义者 |
[27:25] | I think the guy that we’re looking for | 我觉得我们在找的那个人 |
[27:26] | was involved from the start. | 应该从一开始就是其中一员 |
[27:28] | Roger Halsted? | 罗杰·霍尔斯特德 |
[27:31] | He was pretty tight with David Clarke, wasn’t he? | 他以前和大卫·克拉克关系非常密切吧 |
[27:33] | He rolled over on him. | 他背叛了大卫 |
[27:35] | I always thought Roger was weak. | 我一直觉得罗杰很懦弱 |
[27:37] | I wouldn’t say an anonymous threat | 我也没觉得匿名威胁 |
[27:39] | is a sign of towering strength. | 有多大的威慑力啊 |
[27:43] | Oh, sorry. I didn’t know anyone was in here. | 抱歉 我不知道里面有人 |
[27:46] | I need to freshen up. | 我要梳洗一下 |
[27:47] | Your room is actually in the South wing, Mrs. Davis. | 戴维斯女士 你的房间在南侧 |
[27:50] | I can take you there if you’d like. | 如果你想的话 我可以带你过去 |
[27:51] | Oh, that’s– that’s all right, Frank. | 不用了 弗兰克 |
[27:53] | Uh, you’ve got better things to do. | 你还有更重要的事 |
[28:00] | I just left Victoria. | 我刚刚和维多利亚在一起 |
[28:02] | She’s in quite a state. | 她状态不错啊 |
[28:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:06] | A state of suspended animation. | 假死状态 |
[28:10] | So listen, uh, the corporation that owns the deed | 买了大卫·克拉克家房契的公司 |
[28:14] | to David Clarke’s house has exactly two members, | 其实只有两个成员 |
[28:16] | and you’re lookin’ at one of them. | 你眼前的就是其中之一 |
[28:20] | – You and Victoria. – Yeah. | -你和维多利亚 -是的 |
[28:24] | I should’ve bulldozed it when I had the chance. | 当时就应该把握机会把那房子拆掉的 |
[28:26] | That house is her twisted way of hanging on to him. | 那房子是她偷偷回味与大卫昔日旧情之地 |
[28:30] | It’s perverse, don’t you think, | 真是有悖常理啊 你说呢 |
[28:33] | destroy a man you love | 亲手害死自己深爱的人 |
[28:35] | and then weep for him eternally? | 却又为了他哭干了眼泪 |
[28:38] | I’d be lying if I said I didn’t understand | 如果我说我完全无法理解她的动机 |
[28:41] | at least part of her motivation. | 那肯定是骗你的 |
[28:44] | When you asked me to back your testimony | 当你让我支持你在大卫的庭审上 |
[28:46] | in David’s trial, | 所说的那些证词时 |
[28:48] | there’s a reason I went along. | 我答应你是有原因的 |
[28:50] | Yeah, there were a million reasons | 当然 如果我没记错的话 |
[28:52] | if I remember correctly. | 你有千百万个理由答应我 |
[28:54] | I never gave a damn about the money. | 我在乎的根本不是钱 |
[28:58] | I did it to protect you. | 我这么做是为了保护你 |
[29:01] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:02] | Isn’t it obvious? | 难道还不明显吗 |
[29:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:29] | Anyone making any interesting resolutions this year? | 今年大家有啥有趣的决定吗 |
[29:32] | I don’t believe in making promises I never intend to keep. | 我从不相信自己信口开河的那些话 |
[29:36] | My resolution is to spend more time on the campaign trail | 我的决定是多花点时间在竞选演说上 |
[29:39] | telling people what they want to hear. | 说些民众爱听的话 |
[29:42] | Not all of the people. | 众口难调 |
[29:44] | Who invented this idiotic tradition anyways? | 话说是谁开始的这个白痴传统 |
[29:46] | It’s pagan from pre-Christian Rome. | 罗马前基督教的异教徒 |
[29:48] | January is of course named for Janus, | 一月当然是以杰纳斯之名命名的 |
[29:51] | the patron and protector of endings and beginnings, | 起始与终结的主宰者和守护者 |
[29:53] | a God with two faces. | 双面神 |
[29:55] | Isn’t that appropriate? | 双面再合适不过了 |
[29:57] | One face looking forward, one looking back. | 一面朝前看 一面往回看 |
[30:00] | Of course, we don’t much like looking in that direction, do we? | 当然 我们都不太喜欢往回看 是吧 |
[30:03] | Better to forget the innocent people | 最好忘记那些 |
[30:05] | we’ve had to destroy in order to… | 我们为了生存下去 |
[30:07] | ensure our own survival. | 而害死的无辜的人们 |
[30:09] | Oh, Roger brought the drunkard out early this year. | 罗杰现在就开始说胡话了 |
[30:12] | How droll. | 太滑稽了 |
[30:16] | Oh, there you are. Miss. | 小姐 你在这 |
[30:17] | Oh, I got you. | 我来扶你 |
[30:20] | I’ll help you. I promise. | 我会帮你的 我保证 |
[30:21] | All right. I’m all right. | 没事 我没醉 |
[30:22] | I’m all right. Oh, Frank. | 我没醉 弗兰克 |
[30:25] | Be a good dog and fetch me a refill, will you? | 当条听话的狗 给我去倒杯酒吧 |
[30:28] | I think you’ve had enough. | 我想你喝够了 |
[30:30] | It looks like our bartenders | 看来今晚 |
[30:31] | have been a little heavy handed tonight. | 侍应人手不足 |
[30:33] | Come on. Let’s have a talk. | 过来吧 我们谈谈 |
[30:35] | Hey, let go of me! | 放手 |
[30:53] | Mr. Porter? | 波特先生 |
[30:55] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:56] | I’m Nolan Ross. | 我叫诺兰·罗斯 |
[30:57] | I’m the guy who bought your house | 我就是那个买了你家房子 |
[30:58] | and all the houses around your house. | 还有附近产业的人 |
[31:02] | Oh, congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[31:04] | Well, when I asked my business manager | 当我跟我经纪人说 |
[31:06] | to look for property… | 找房子时 |
[31:09] | I didn’t realize he’d be displacing so many families. | 我没想到他会为此影响到这么多家庭 |
[31:12] | Yeah, well, that’s life. | 这就是生活 |
[31:15] | Uh, what I’m trying to say is, | 我想说 |
[31:19] | it’s not too late for me to pull out of escrow. | 你现在想退出第三方托管还来得及 |
[31:21] | Well, nobody’s asking you to do that. | 没人求你这么做 |
[31:23] | It’s not a problem. | 没问题的 |
[31:24] | Well, not for you, maybe. | 对你而言 也许是 |
[31:26] | But see, I can’t afford to keep that place. | 但我没钱保住这个房子 |
[31:29] | I mean, look, my wife walked out | 几年前 我妻子丢下 |
[31:31] | on me and my boys years ago. | 我和孩子们走了 |
[31:34] | She shows up last month asking for a divorce | 上个月她突然出现 提出离婚 |
[31:37] | and half of everything I own. | 并索要我一半的财产 |
[31:40] | Not even a mention of a hello to her own children. | 她甚至都没跟孩子们道个好 |
[31:44] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:45] | So it’s either the house or the bar. | 所以酒吧和房子 我只能保住一个 |
[31:50] | Now if–if you pull out of the deal, | 如果你现在退出协议 |
[31:53] | I’m gonna have to come clean with my boys | 我就只能对孩子坦白 |
[31:56] | and tell ’em that their own mother | 告诉他们 他们的妈妈 |
[31:57] | don’t give one damn about them. | 根本不在乎他们 |
[32:01] | – You get what I’m saying? – Yeah. | -明白了吗 -嗯 |
[32:04] | I do. | 明白了 |
[32:10] | Roger, Roger, Roger. | 罗杰 罗杰 罗杰 |
[32:17] | You were in rare form tonight. | 你今晚”表现出色” |
[32:21] | I get anxious at social functions. | 我在社交场合就会焦虑 |
[32:23] | Social anxiety… | 社交焦虑 |
[32:27] | Is that why you requested | 这就是你要求 |
[32:28] | a seat away from the Graysons’ table? | 调换到离格雷森家远点的座位的原因吗 |
[32:32] | No one should be forced to suffer my company. | 没人理应遭罪 忍受我的陪伴 |
[32:35] | I’m surprised I was even invited. | 对于被邀请 我很意外 |
[32:37] | Must have been an oversight. | 我想肯定是疏忽了 |
[32:38] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[32:40] | We wanted you here. | 我们想要你来 |
[32:46] | You know, the Graysons received | 你知道吗 格雷森家收到个 |
[32:47] | a disturbing note. | 骚扰字条 |
[32:50] | What’d you hope to gain by sending this? | 你寄这个是什么目的呢 |
[33:00] | Why would I send this? | 我为何要寄这个 |
[33:00] | Because you feel guilty | 因为你心存愧疚 |
[33:02] | and you’re too scared to do anything about it, | 却又胆小 不敢行事 |
[33:05] | because the note’s a way to project blame, | 字条是你表达责任的一种方式 |
[33:07] | make yourself feel less culpable | 让自己对大卫·克拉克的惨剧 |
[33:08] | for what happened to David Clarke. | 少点自责 |
[33:23] | I just brought Mr. Halsted some aspirin. | 我给霍尔斯特德先生拿了点阿司匹林 |
[33:25] | You know what? I-I have something stronger. | 我有药效更强的药 |
[33:27] | He’ll sleep like a baby. | 他会睡得跟婴儿一样沉 |
[33:31] | It’s almost midnight. You should probably get out there | 快午夜了 你应该赶紧出去 |
[33:33] | and get the champagne ready. | 为倒计时庆祝准备香槟 |
[33:36] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 先生 |
[33:53] | Before we close the book on 2002, | 在我们告别2002之前 |
[33:56] | I’d like to raise a glass | 我想先向 |
[33:59] | to all of you who have stood by our family | 那些支持我家庭和 |
[34:02] | here at home and at Grayson Global. | 格雷森国际的人祝酒 |
[34:05] | As many of you know, | 正如大家所知 |
[34:06] | our company has been languishing in the red | 自93年恐怖事件后 |
[34:08] | ever since the, um, the terrible incident back in ’93. | 公司一直面临严重亏损 |
[34:12] | But I am proud to announce | 但我自豪地宣布 |
[34:15] | that after ten long years, | 在过去十年之久后 |
[34:18] | we’ve finally fought our way back to black. | 我们终于转亏为盈 |
[34:21] | Grayson Global is on top again, | 格雷森国际再次走向巅峰 |
[34:23] | and that is where I intend to keep us. | 这也是我今后努力维持的目标 |
[34:26] | Hear, hear. | 太棒了 |
[34:28] | And continuing with the theme of onward and upward, | 在继续推行稳步发展主题的同时 |
[34:32] | it gives me great pleasure to announce that | 我荣幸地宣布 |
[34:35] | Michael and Lydia Davis will be sharing | 迈克尔和莉迪亚·戴维斯将会同我们一起 |
[34:37] | our little stretch of beach. | 分享无敌海景 |
[34:39] | As I’ve managed | 我已同 |
[34:41] | to broker a deal with the title holders | 隔壁房子的产权人 |
[34:42] | of the house right next door, | 达成交易 |
[34:45] | who at long last will be relinquishing their | 他们终于愿意放手 |
[34:48] | death grip on the property. | 不再死守那房产 |
[34:50] | You’re a mensch, Conrad. | 你受人尊敬 康拉德 |
[34:52] | We’ll have to arrange a finder’s fee. | 我们会支付中介费用的 |
[34:54] | Having you as my neighbors is payment enough. Thank you. | 有你为邻已足矣 谢谢 |
[34:58] | To a prosperous 2003. | 为繁荣的2003年干杯 |
[35:01] | 15 seconds to midnight, everyone. | 距离午夜还有15秒 |
[35:04] | 15 15… | |
[35:05] | 14 13 14, 13… | |
[35:08] | 12 11 10 12, 11, 10… | |
[35:11] | Almost midnight. It’s bad luck if I don’t kiss somebody. | 快午夜了 要我不吻个谁 就倒大霉了 |
[35:14] | Oh, you–you better find your boyfriend. | 你还是去找你男友吧 |
[35:16] | Jack and I don’t want the same things anymore. | 我和杰克不再是一条道上的人了 |
[35:19] | Oh, you know, I don’t want to get in the middle of all that. | 我可不想掺和你们的哀怨情仇 |
[35:22] | Too late. | 太迟了 |
[35:28] | What the hell, man?! | 搞什么鬼 混蛋 |
[35:29] | It’s not my fault. | 不是我的错 |
[35:32] | Jack! | 杰克 |
[35:40] | Could I have a sit? | 我能坐这吗 |
[35:42] | Of course, neighbor. | 当然可以 邻居 |
[35:45] | About that… | 关于这事 |
[35:47] | I have a confession to make. | 我要坦白 |
[35:50] | Conrad was able to broker the deal | 康拉德之所以能搭线 |
[35:51] | with that owner for you… | 促成你买房的事 |
[35:55] | Because we are the owners. | 是因为我们就是屋主 |
[35:57] | I lied to you, and I’m sorry. | 我骗了你 对不起 |
[36:00] | It has nothing to do | 这与我把你作为朋友看待 |
[36:01] | with how I feel about you as a friend | 抑或我们之间的友情 |
[36:03] | or our friendship. | 毫无关系 |
[36:05] | It was a place that I held for reasons of my own. | 我买下那房子有我自己的理由 |
[36:08] | And I can’t really make you understand it, but… | 我不奢求你能理解 但是… |
[36:16] | That house was, um… | 那房子是… |
[36:20] | The only thing of David I had left. | 我仅有的属于大卫的东西 |
[36:27] | It’s not hard to understand at all. | 我完全理解你 |
[36:30] | Take the house, Lydia. | 买下房子吧 莉迪亚 |
[36:33] | Make it your own. | 在那安家吧 |
[36:35] | Nothing would make me happier than | 最让我开心的就是 |
[36:37] | to have my closest friend be my closest neighbor. | 密友成为我的近邻 |
[36:54] | Oh, there you are. Miss. | 你在这呢 女士 |
[36:55] | Oh, I got you. | 我扶住你了 |
[36:57] | I’ll help you. I promise. | 我会帮你的 我保证 |
[37:30] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[37:34] | Roger, it’s Amanda. | 罗杰 我是阿曼达 |
[38:13] | It appears we can close the case | 看来神秘节日贺卡一案 |
[38:14] | of the mystery holiday card. | 可以结案了 |
[38:17] | For a man with a penchant for writing letters, | 作为一个爱写信的人 |
[38:20] | you would think that Roger would have left a suicide note. | 罗杰应该会留下遗书的吧 |
[38:23] | Suicide is not a rational act. | 自杀并非一种理性行为 |
[38:27] | I did a comprehensive sweep of the room. | 我已经全面搜查过那间房了 |
[38:29] | He left nothing behind. | 他什么都没留下 |
[38:30] | Oh, how convenient for all of us. | 真是方便了我们大家啊 |
[38:42] | Quite the soiree. | 好一个聚会 |
[38:43] | It feels like we’ve been cast in “Ten little Indians.” | 简直就像上演了《无人生还》 |
[38:47] | I wonder who’ll be the last to fall. | 我在想谁会是最后一个倒下的呢 |
[38:48] | I suppose you consider it your job | 你会把报道这个惨烈的故事 |
[38:50] | to break this torrid story. | 作为自己的工作吧 |
[38:51] | Less a job than a moral obligation. | 与其说工作 不如说道义上的责任 |
[38:53] | To quote Lippmann, | 引用李普曼的一句话 |
[38:55] | “There can be no higher law in journalism | “在新闻界 没有比揭露真相 |
[38:57] | than to tell the truth and to shame the devil.” | 让魔鬼羞耻更高的法则了” |
[39:01] | Shame the devil? | 让魔鬼羞耻 |
[39:05] | You wrote that note. | 字条是你写的 |
[39:07] | I’m a writer. | 我是个作家 |
[39:08] | Though this gruesome turn of events | 虽然现在可怕的形势变化 |
[39:10] | was certainly not the intention. | 并非我本意 |
[39:12] | Then what on earth did you plan on gaining from it? | 那你到底想从中获取什么 |
[39:17] | Inspiration. | 写作灵感 |
[39:18] | I thought I’d beat the bushes to see if I could drum up | 我到处搜罗 就是想为我的书争取一些 |
[39:21] | some kind of fresh intrigue for my book. | 跌宕起伏的情节 |
[39:26] | You are despicable. | 你太卑鄙了 |
[39:28] | Gee, thanks. | 谢谢褒奖 |
[39:30] | High praise coming from you. | 出自你口的高度赞扬 |
[39:39] | They framed my father. | 他们陷害了我爸爸 |
[39:41] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[39:41] | You got what you wanted. | 如你所愿 |
[39:42] | It’s what he wanted. | 那是他的遗愿 |
[39:46] | I met a friend of his tonight. | 我今晚遇到了他一个朋友 |
[39:48] | He knew everything, and he was gonna help me. | 他知晓一切 还愿意帮我 |
[39:53] | And now he’s dead, too. | 现在连他都死了 |
[39:55] | What? | 什么 |
[39:55] | And unless somebody does something about it, | 除非有人采取措施 |
[39:58] | they will never get what they deserve. | 否则他们会永远逍遥法外 |
[40:00] | Amanda… | 阿曼达 |
[40:01] | More than knowing the truth, | 比让你了解真相 |
[40:04] | your father wanted you to get past all this. | 你爸爸更希望你能忘记这一切 |
[40:06] | Then why did he give me those journals?! | 那他为什么给我那些日记 |
[40:13] | One way or another, these people are gonna pay. | 无论如何 这些人都得付出代价的 |
[40:15] | They’re gonna pay for what they did. | 他们要为自己的所作所为付出代价 |
[40:17] | You cannot bring the Graysons down all by yourself. | 你无法单凭自己一个人 搞垮格雷森一家 |
[40:21] | You will never get close enough to expose them. | 你都没机会接近他们 将真相曝光 |
[40:24] | The hell I won’t! | 才怪 |
[40:26] | Aman– | 阿曼 |
[40:31] | Dad, I’m sorry. | 爸爸 对不起 |
[40:37] | Help me. | 帮帮我 |
[41:07] | “Amanda, | “阿曼达 |
[41:09] | forgive me my methods, but I had to get you this message | 抱歉采取这种方法 但我必须在失去勇气前 |
[41:11] | before I lost my nerve.” | 向你传达这条消息” |
[41:14] | “Writing this down is my way of committing to you.” | “把这一切写下来 是我向你坦白的方式” |
[41:17] | “I’ll tell you everything– | “我会告诉你一切 |
[41:18] | How your father was framed, who was involved, | 你爸爸是怎么遭到陷害的 谁陷害了他 |
[41:20] | and most importantly, how to expose them.” | 最重要的是 如何曝光他们” |
[41:25] | “I’ve never had the courage to do it myself, | “我一直没有勇气亲自来干 |
[41:26] | but I believe you do.” | 但我相信你有这个勇气” |
[41:29] | “Once we’re on neutral ground, | “一旦我们离开了他们的势力范围 |
[41:30] | I’ll help you.” | 我就会帮你的” |
[41:32] | “Until then, get as far away from these people as you can.” | “在那之前 离他们越远越好” |
[41:40] | I’m home. | 我回来了 |
[41:42] | Hey, babe, you’re late. | 宝贝 你迟到了 |
[41:44] | I’m sorry. Traffic was terrible. | 抱歉 堵车了 |
[41:47] | Wow. You look stunning. | 你真是美艳动人 |
[41:50] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[41:51] | You better hurry up and change. | 快点换件衣服吧 |
[41:53] | Wouldn’t be right for the new face of Grayson Global | 让众人在跨年晚宴翘首企盼你这位 |
[41:55] | to keep them waiting on New Year’s Eve. | 格雷森国际的新当家人可不对哦 |
[41:58] | Right, about that, | 关于这事 |
[42:00] | what do you say we duck out early | 你觉得我们今晚早点溜掉 |
[42:01] | and do some celebrating of our own tonight? | 单独庆祝如何 |
[42:03] | I can’t imagine you’d rather do anything less | 你一定不会想在除夕夜 |
[42:05] | than make small talk with my parents’ friends | 和我父母的朋友 |
[42:07] | on New Year’s Eve. | 交际应酬的 |
[42:11] | Actually, I’m looking forward to it. | 事实上 我很期待呢 |