时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | My father was an innocent man, | 我父亲是清白无辜的 |
[00:02] | destroyed by powerful people. | 他被权势之人所害 |
[00:03] | The Graysons are behind this, and they’re gonna pay. | 格雷森是幕后黑手 他们要付出代价 |
[00:06] | I’ve dedicated my life to avenging his death… | 我付诸一生为他报仇雪恨 |
[00:09] | Eventually, someone’s gonna find you out. | 你最终会被发现的 |
[00:11] | And I won’t stop | 他们都要为此付出代价 |
[00:13] | until they’ve all paid the price. | 否则我决不罢休 |
[00:14] | He showed up the night of Conrad’s election. | 康拉德选举那晚 他突然出现 |
[00:17] | I had no doubt that he was my firstborn. | 我肯定他就是我的大儿子 |
[00:18] | Margaux Lemarchal. | 玛尔戈·勒马尔查尔 |
[00:19] | Pascal Lemarchal’s daughter. | 帕斯卡·勒马尔查尔的女儿 |
[00:21] | I’m a fan of all of his publications, | 他所有的出版物 我都非常喜欢 |
[00:23] | – Especially “Voulez.” – That’s why I’ve moved here– | -特别是《想》 -这正是我来这的原因 |
[00:25] | To start the American version. | 准备发行美国版 |
[00:28] | You have Huntington’s disease, governor. | 恐怕你患了亨廷顿氏症 州长 |
[00:30] | You’re responsible for what happened to conrad today, aren’t you? | 今天康拉德的事都是你一手策划的吧 |
[00:32] | I will let them suffer. | 我要让他们痛不欲生 |
[00:33] | These are terrible people doing terrible things. | 这些恶人干尽了坏事 |
[00:36] | Finish this, then leave for good, | 了结这一切 永远离开这里 |
[00:37] | Or I’ll tell everyone the truth. | 否则我把真相告诉所有人 |
[00:39] | Let’s get married before the end of the summer. | 在夏季结束之时 我们结婚 |
[00:40] | – What are you doing here? – Same thing as you– | -你在这里干什么 -跟你一样 |
[00:42] | Looking to destroy the girl next door. | 想要毁掉隔壁那个女孩 |
[00:47] | It is believed that original sin | 人们相信原罪 |
[00:49] | can only be cleansed by the waters of baptism. | 可以经过洗礼得到涤荡 |
[00:53] | But it is the sins that follow | 然而今生所犯之罪 |
[00:54] | that are not so easily washed away. | 却无法轻易洗脱 |
[00:57] | And since forgiveness of trespass | 只有虔诚的忏悔者 |
[00:59] | is only granted to the truly penitent, | 才能获得对其罪孽的宽恕 |
[01:02] | pure evil can never be erased. | 真正的恶魔却无法泯灭 |
[01:07] | We’re miles away from prying eyes. | 我们已经远离了视线范围 |
[01:08] | I think we can proceed. | 我想我们可以开始了 |
[01:10] | Proceed with exactly what, Mr. Mathis? | 具体要开始什么 马西斯先生 |
[01:13] | Three days ago, you re-emerge, | 三天前 你突然出现 |
[01:15] | claiming a vendetta against Emily Thorne. | 声称要对付艾米莉·索恩 |
[01:18] | I don’t usually trust people who tell me | 对于这种说话正对我心思的人 |
[01:20] | exactly what I want to hear. | 我一般都不太信任 |
[01:23] | You’re not the only one who wants Emily to suffer. | 想对付艾米莉的不只是你一个 |
[01:25] | Well, that’s rather extreme, considering the two of you had | 你真是走极端啊 |
[01:28] | what amounted to a summer fling. | 毕竟你俩还有过一段夏日邂逅 |
[01:31] | Our history predates the Hamptons. | 我俩早在汉普顿前就相识了 |
[01:33] | There’s a great deal about that girl you don’t know. | 那个女人有很多事你都不知道 |
[01:36] | So now we get to the heart of the matter– | 我们说到点子上了 |
[01:37] | You’re in love with her. | 你爱着她 |
[01:39] | She betrayed me in a way you couldn’t even imagine. | 你无法想象她是怎么背叛我的 |
[01:42] | Or maybe you can… | 也许你可以理解 |
[01:43] | as I’m sure David Clarke’s treachery lit a fire inside you. | 我想大卫·克拉克的背叛也让你怒火中烧 |
[01:46] | Do not make inferences to my past, | 别对我的过去妄下定论 |
[01:49] | nor try to compel me by straining to link David | 也不要把大卫和艾米莉的小阴谋联系在一起 |
[01:52] | with whatever Emily is up to. | 以此来激将我 |
[01:57] | Don’t be so sure. | 别说得那么肯定 |
[01:59] | Once upon a time… | 很多年以前 |
[02:02] | David Clarke attempted to destroy your livelihood. | 大卫·克拉克试图毁掉你的生活 |
[02:05] | and now you’ve lost it | 如今艾米莉和诺兰·罗斯 |
[02:06] | at the hands of Emily and Nolan Ross. | 一手毁掉了你的生活 |
[02:08] | Neither one of them has a monetary concern in the world. | 他俩都没有从中捞到好处 |
[02:12] | A scammer like Emily has, uh, other motives. | 像艾米莉这种骗子有其他的动机 |
[02:15] | Why should I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[02:16] | Because I did it with them. | 因为我曾与他们一伙 |
[02:17] | But the moment they got what they wanted, | 但当他们到达了目的 |
[02:19] | I was summarily cast out. | 就把我赶走了 |
[02:20] | So I want Emily to feel that same kind of betrayal, | 我要让艾米莉遭受同样的背叛 |
[02:22] | which means only one thing– teaming up with you. | 唯一的方式就是与你联手 |
[02:26] | We can make her pay, Victoria. | 我们可以让她付出代价 维多利亚 |
[02:28] | But you’re gonna have to trust me. | 但你必须要信任我 |
[02:35] | Trust is difficult without proof. | 无凭无据 我很难信任你的 |
[02:38] | Well, then you’ll have it. | 我会向你证明的 |
[02:49] | Is the “Voulez”? | 那是《想》吗 |
[02:51] | Wow. Margaux must have made quite the impression | 玛尔戈可真是有影响力 |
[02:53] | to get you to read what you called, | 让你阅读这种你所谓的 |
[02:55] | “A rag about nothing but dresses and hair.” | “对衣服和头发夸夸其谈的废纸” |
[02:58] | I shouldn’t have judged this magazine by its cover. | 我不该只看封面 就对这本杂志下定论 |
[03:00] | You know, it turns out they have | 原来它还有 |
[03:01] | some significant political and cultural pieces, too. | 很大面积的政治文化板块 |
[03:04] | Why the sudden interest? | 为什么突然那么有兴趣 |
[03:05] | Well, you know, instead of going crazy | 与其焦虑地等待 |
[03:06] | waiting around for my Huntington’s test results, | 我的亨廷顿氏症测试结果 |
[03:08] | I’m grabbing the taureau by the horns | 我想大胆一试 |
[03:10] | and having dinner with Margaux at Muse tonight. | 我今晚要在缪斯饭店与玛尔戈共进晚餐 |
[03:13] | I want to help her run “Voulez.” | 我想帮她经营《想》 |
[03:20] | You really think you could do this? | 你真觉得你能干这活吗 |
[03:23] | Well, I’ve always dreamt of having a job | 我一直梦想能干一份 |
[03:24] | where I could be more creative. | 更富有创造性的工作 |
[03:26] | I just have to bone up on piping and scoop necks. | 我只是要抓紧钻研一下滚边和圆领衫 |
[03:28] | Unless, of course, my fashion-fluent | 当然还需要有 |
[03:30] | fianceé was by my side. | 我时尚范儿十足的未婚妻的支持 |
[03:32] | Of course. | 我当然支持 |
[03:33] | I’ll call Muse and make it dinner for three. | 我打电话给缪斯 预定今晚三人的位子 |
[03:36] | You’re perfect. | 你最好了 |
[03:41] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[03:45] | Three days of moping in the dark is the legal limit. | 愁眉苦脸地在小黑屋里窝了三天是极限了 |
[03:47] | I am not moping. | 我没有愁眉苦脸 |
[03:49] | I am avoiding the telephoto lenses | 我在躲避记者那些 |
[03:51] | trying to document how they think the mighty have fallen, | 想记录一代伟人没落的长焦镜头 |
[03:55] | which I most certainly have not. | 当然我绝没有没落 |
[03:58] | Booze in the morning looks a lot like denial, dad. | 一大早就酗酒可没什么说服力 老爸 |
[04:02] | So does moving out at your father’s expense. | 你搬出去也没怎么给你爸省钱 |
[04:06] | Look, you’re here every day, | 你每天都过来 |
[04:07] | so why not just save yourself the commute | 你就不能不睡你朋友的沙发 搬回来 |
[04:09] | from your friends’ couches? | 省省交通费 |
[04:11] | Well, first of all, they have guest houses. | 首先 我住在他们的客房 |
[04:14] | And I might have to move back | 也许我该搬回来 |
[04:17] | just to keep a drink out of your hand. | 看着你少喝点 |
[04:20] | I’m getting you through this, whether you want me to or not. | 无论你是否愿意 我要帮你度过这个难关 |
[04:25] | You know, I may have used up all my good luck on you… | 也许我在你身上耗尽心血 |
[04:30] | and it was worth it. | 但都是值得的 |
[04:34] | Tell my driver where, | 告诉我司机你要去哪 |
[04:36] | and he’ll be happy to provide you with your drive of shame, or… | 他会很乐意载你的 我的一夜情情人 |
[04:39] | fame. | 或是说 一夜传奇 |
[04:42] | Bye…. | 再见 |
[04:44] | You. | 亲 |
[04:48] | – Not even learning names now? – Less mess. | -还是不留名吗 -少点麻烦 |
[04:51] | Especially after my P.T.S.D.– | 特别是我得了创伤后应激障碍 |
[04:54] | Padma, Tyler, sexual damage. | 帕德玛 泰勒 性伤害 |
[04:57] | Just be careful who you let come and go. | 小心来来往往的人 |
[04:59] | Until I find Daniel a job in the city… | 丹尼尔在城里找到工作之前 |
[05:02] | I need to be able to trust you with this. | 我得把这个交由你保管 |
[05:05] | I had a feeling you’d be uncapping | 我还以为杰克下了最后通牒 |
[05:07] | that red sharpie now that Jack set a deadline. | 你会取消画红叉的计划 |
[05:09] | So… who’s next to get got with red on their face? | 那么下一个被画红叉的人是谁 |
[05:14] | Paul Whitley. | 保罗·惠特利 |
[05:17] | He was in charge of enticing investors to Grayson Global. | 他曾负责为格雷森国际招商引资 |
[05:20] | My father saw him holding closed-door meetings with everyone who eventually betrayed him. | 我父亲看见他和所有最终背叛他的人秘密商谈 |
[05:24] | So Conrad used Paul’s silver tongue | 所以说康拉德利用了保罗的口才 |
[05:27] | to sway the undecided? | 劝服了那些摇摆不定的人吗 |
[05:30] | I always wondered how so many people | 我一直想不通为什么这么多人 |
[05:32] | turned against a man as good as your dad. | 会一起对付像你父亲这样的好人 |
[05:34] | Now you have your answer. | 现在你知道答案了 |
[05:37] | – And I have my next challenge. – Why? | -而我有了新的复仇挑战 -怎么了 |
[05:39] | Is he… some untouchable C.E.O.? | 他是什么高高在上的总裁吗 |
[05:44] | He works for an even higher power. | 他为更至高无上的权力工作 |
[05:49] | Father Paul? | 保罗神父 |
[05:54] | You must be Emily. | 你一定是艾米莉吧 |
[05:56] | So nice to finally put a face to a name. | 一睹真容 万分荣幸 |
[05:57] | I could say the same. | 我也是 |
[05:59] | This is my fiancé Daniel Grayson. | 这是我的未婚夫 丹尼尔·格雷森 |
[06:02] | Conrad and Victoria’s son? | 难道是康拉德和维多利亚的儿子 |
[06:04] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:06] | I used to work for your father a long time ago. | 很久以前 我曾在你父亲手下工作 |
[06:09] | – At Grayson Global? – Mm. | -在格雷森国际吗 -是的 |
[06:12] | Wow, what a coincidence. | 天呐 太巧了 |
[06:13] | I don’t believe much in coincidence. | 我可不怎么相信巧合 |
[06:16] | Couldn’t agree more, Father. | 可不是嘛 神父 |
[06:30] | Then I did some missionary work overseas | 我在海外传教了一段时间 |
[06:32] | before being assigned to St. Francis. | 然后被指派到旧金山教会 |
[06:35] | That’s quite a radical shift from the corporate life. | 从上班族变成神父 可真是很大的转变 |
[06:38] | Why did you do it? | 为什么选择这么做呢 |
[06:40] | Well, I was there for the David Clarke scandal. | 我转任神职是因为大卫·克拉克丑闻 |
[06:43] | And when he died in prison, | 他死于狱中的消息 |
[06:44] | it really hit me what greed can do to a soul. | 令我感触到贪念对灵魂的摧毁力 |
[06:47] | So I looked out my office window and all the way uptown, | 我透过办公室的窗户 眺望整个城市 |
[06:49] | and I knew that there were millions of souls | 意识到虽然我救不了大卫·克拉克 |
[06:52] | on the street, tormented, that I could help | 但我还可以帮助街上 |
[06:54] | in ways that I hadn’t helped him. | 数以百万计饱受煎熬的灵魂 |
[06:56] | So I quit Grayson Global, joined the seminary, | 所以我从格雷森国际辞职 报读了神学院 |
[07:01] | And ten years later, here we are. | 十年以后 就是现在这样了 |
[07:04] | I’m sorry. I heard about your father’s Huntington’s diagnosis. | 听说你父亲罹患亨廷顿氏症 我深表遗憾 |
[07:09] | How are your parents holding up? | 你父母还好吧 |
[07:10] | Well, as good as could be expected, I guess. | 我想还算不错吧 |
[07:13] | I take it you’re not in touch with them anymore. | 你和他们断绝联系了吗 |
[07:15] | They weren’t exactly happy with my exit from the firm. | 他们因为我辞职的事不太高兴 |
[07:18] | Well, since you’re officiating, | 既然你要主持我的婚礼 |
[07:19] | maybe this was meant to be. | 看来你们不得不再碰面了 |
[07:21] | – Hey, Father, do you– do you mind? – Oh, go ahead. | -神父 你介意我… -去吧 |
[07:23] | T-try her out, take her out for a test drive, | 试走一遍过场 |
[07:25] | see how she feels. | 看看感觉怎么样 |
[07:28] | My gut tells me you aren’t the girl | 直觉告诉我你不是 |
[07:30] | that dreamt of a big church wedding. | 那种喜欢盛大的教堂婚礼的女孩 |
[07:34] | Yeah, I guess I just… | 是的 我只是… |
[07:36] | always imagined something much simpler. | 一直想办得简单些 |
[07:39] | The Graysons do pull you into their world, don’t they? | 格雷森家硬逼你接受他们这一套 对吧 |
[07:42] | Something like that. | 差不多吧 |
[07:44] | Imagine the look on his face when he sees you come down this aisle. | 想象一下他看着你走过长廊时脸上的表情吧 |
[07:49] | It’ll be a dream come true. | 那真是美梦成真 |
[07:57] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[08:00] | People gonna miss the salisbury steak? | 顾客们会想念索尔斯伯利牛肉饼吗 |
[08:01] | As someone who’s had it, no. | 作为一个吃过的人 我觉得不会 |
[08:04] | Hey, Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[08:06] | That’s “Aunt” Charlotte. Can you say that? | 是夏洛特小姨才对 你会叫人了吗 |
[08:08] | I didn’t know you were coming by. | 你怎么会过来 |
[08:10] | I’m just making my rounds. | 我只是随便逛逛 |
[08:12] | I check in on dad to lift his spirits, | 我去看了爸爸 给他打打气 |
[08:13] | and then lift mine with this cute face. | 然后来看看这张可爱的小脸蛋 给自己打气 |
[08:19] | Oh, Carl. | 乖 卡尔 |
[08:23] | Calms him down every time. | 每次给他看这个 都能让他平静下来 |
[08:25] | Amanda was beautiful. | 阿曼达那时真美 |
[08:27] | And there’s Declan. | 德克兰也在 |
[08:31] | I keep thinking back to the last time I spoke to him. | 我一直回想起最后一次和他说话的情景 |
[08:36] | It’s okay, Charlotte. | 都过去了 夏洛特 |
[08:38] | I still can’t believe they’re gone. | 我还是无法相信他们已经离我们而去了 |
[08:40] | And now dad’s dying. | 现在爸爸也得了绝症 |
[08:42] | How can such bad things happen to good people? | 怎么好人就没有好报呢 |
[08:49] | – Mr. Grayson, please. – Come on in. | -我找格雷森先生 -请进 |
[09:05] | Paul. | 保罗 |
[09:06] | It’s been a long time, Victoria. | 好久不见了 维多利亚 |
[09:08] | I was under the impression | 我还以为多年以前 |
[09:09] | that I had laid eyes on you for the last time years ago. | 会是我们的最后一次见面呢 |
[09:12] | Trust me, I had no intention of ever seeing you or Conrad again. | 相信我 我无意再见你或者康拉德 |
[09:17] | The lord works in mysterious ways. | 但冥冥之中 上帝自有安排 |
[09:21] | You don’t know? | 你还不知道吗 |
[09:22] | Daniel and Emily have asked me to preside over their wedding. | 丹尼尔和艾米莉请我主持他们的婚礼 |
[09:26] | Tell me you’re not considering it. | 你不会想要答应吧 |
[09:28] | I feel it’s the right thing to do. | 我觉得我应该答应 |
[09:29] | – It’s the reason I’m here. – Why? | -所以我来这了 -为什么 |
[09:31] | To shame us over events best relegated to history? | 还要拿那些陈年往事来羞辱我们吗 |
[09:34] | To help put them to rest. | 不 我只想让往事平息 |
[09:37] | Well, while I appreciate your arrogance, | 我很欣赏你的自负 |
[09:39] | I’m doing just fine, thank you. | 不过我很好 不需要你的帮助 谢谢 |
[09:42] | I wish I could say the same for Conrad. | 希望我也能对康拉德说这些话 |
[09:44] | Well, you’re welcome to take a run at him. | 尽管对他试试吧 |
[09:46] | But he’s always viewed god as a competitor. | 不过他可一直把上帝当成竞争对手 |
[09:57] | Hey, boss. | 你好啊 老板 |
[10:01] | Well, I haven’t been your boss since you quit | 自从你上个世纪辞职以后 |
[10:03] | sometime last century. | 我就不再是你的老板了 |
[10:05] | Unless, of course, you weren’t talking to me, | 除非 你不是在和我说话 |
[10:07] | in which case, you should be aware | 不过你该知道 我的地盘里 |
[10:09] | that he is not here. | 可没有你的上头这位 |
[10:13] | No, I’m here to see you, Conrad. | 不 我是来看你的 康拉德 |
[10:15] | And I think you may need me. | 我觉得你可能需要我的帮助 |
[10:17] | Oh, please, do spare me the pious priest act. | 拜托 别对我来什么虔诚的神父这套 |
[10:19] | The paul I knew could sell ice to an Eskimo | 我认识的保罗 |
[10:22] | and not be afraid to get his hands filthy in the doing of it. | 可是有能耐不择手段地把冰块推销给爱斯基摩人 |
[10:22] | 北极地区的土著民族 | |
[10:25] | I’m the same guy. | 我还是那个我 |
[10:27] | Just selling something of higher value. | 只是推销的东西更高尚了 |
[10:29] | Selling? | 推销 |
[10:32] | Oh, god, of course, that’s why you’re here. | 老天 当然了 你就是为此而来的 |
[10:35] | Look, I think you have been | 我以为你的封口费 |
[10:36] | more than adequately compensated for your silence. | 已经够多了 |
[10:39] | You don’t need to remind me | 你不需要提醒我 |
[10:40] | of something that still torments me. | 至今还在折磨我的事实 |
[10:42] | Well, I could have tried to tell you | 我告诉过你 |
[10:43] | that collar wasn’t gonna do you any good. | 皈依上帝不会带给你什么好处 |
[10:45] | And I’m glad I didn’t listen. | 我很庆幸没听你的话 |
[10:47] | Well… | 好吧 |
[10:49] | Hey, whatever you need to sleep at night, | 不知道你每天是怎么能安心睡觉的 |
[10:51] | but, you know, don’t forget that unlike your flock, | 但你别忘了 我跟你的教徒不同 |
[10:55] | I know firsthand that that soul of yours | 我深知你的灵魂 |
[10:58] | is… far from unblemished. | 远非洁白无瑕 |
[11:00] | I asked for forgiveness. I found peace in my penance. | 我向上帝祈求原谅 并在忏悔中得到平静 |
[11:04] | And I’m here to suggest that your Huntington’s | 我来这里是想告诉你 你的亨廷顿氏症 |
[11:06] | is the Lord’s way of forcing you to do the same– | 是上帝在给你同样的指示 |
[11:09] | to atone for your sins. | 为你的罪行赎罪 |
[11:11] | Look, I will not impute to genetic anomaly | 我不会把遗传病看作是 |
[11:13] | with the acts of a vengeful deity. | 上帝对我的惩罚 |
[11:15] | This is a matter of science, not religion, Father. | 这是科学问题 不是宗教问题 神父 |
[11:20] | You can believe me or not. | 信不信我由你 |
[11:24] | But I’ve seen a lot of people suffer. | 但是我已经见过太多的人遭受惩罚 |
[11:27] | And when they do, it causes them… | 那时 他们才意识到 |
[11:30] | to look at who they’ll be when they die. | 自己死去时有谁会陪伴在身边 |
[11:34] | The act of acknowledging your sins is terrifying. | 你这种毫无忏悔的表现令人发指 |
[11:36] | But I’ve learned that it’s better to be | 我认为 即使不开心 |
[11:38] | honestly unhappy than dishonestly so. | 也应该诚实 而不要虚伪 |
[11:43] | Well… | 好吧 |
[11:45] | Then you know what? I’d like to confess | 那么我就诚实地告诉你 |
[11:47] | that I am honestly unhappy that you’re here. | 在这里看到你 我很不开心 |
[11:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:55] | You can make fun. | 你就尽情取笑我吧 |
[11:57] | But times like these require support. | 但是人在这种时候是需要他人支持的 |
[11:59] | And something tells me you’re alone in this room | 而我看得出来你现在是孤家寡人 |
[12:01] | because you may not have it. | 因为没人支持你 |
[12:03] | We may no longer see eye-to-eye, | 我们的观点可能永远都不会一致 |
[12:05] | but I’ll always be here for you. | 但是我永远都会在你身边 |
[12:10] | So you can imagine my shock when a man parachutes | 我在这参加的首个派对就看到有人乘降落伞下来 |
[12:13] | into the first party I attend here. | 你能想象我是有多震惊吧 |
[12:15] | Nolan Ross does know how to get attention. | 诺兰·罗斯的确很会吸引别人的注意 |
[12:17] | Mm, and for good reason. He’s brilliant. | 但好的一面是 他很聪明 |
[12:21] | Unpredictable. | 让人琢磨不透 |
[12:22] | – On the cutting edge of fashion. – Now you ask me, | -走在时尚的前沿 -但我觉得 |
[12:25] | Ross is what led to my father’s collapse. | 罗斯是害了我父亲的罪魁祸首 |
[12:27] | Well, then maybe we should ship him off | 那你应该让他去 |
[12:29] | to meet mine. | 会会我的父亲 |
[12:31] | Well, at least your father gave you permission | 至少你父亲同意你把《想》 |
[12:33] | to bring “Voulez” to the States. | 办到了美国来 |
[12:35] | The name is the extent of Pascal’s generosity. | 杂志的名字也就代表了帕斯卡的慷慨程度 |
[12:38] | If papa had his way, his only daughter | 如果按爸爸的想法 他的独生女 |
[12:41] | would join the board of a charity and get married. | 应该当个慈善会的董事 然后结婚生子 |
[12:44] | It’s not so bad, really. | 这样也不算很差啊 |
[12:47] | Oh, my goodness. No, no, no. | 我的天 不 不是 |
[12:49] | I-I meant nothing by that. No, no, I’m sorry. Oh, no. | 我不是那个意思 真抱歉 |
[12:51] | No, I think I’m just preoccupied with matters at hand– | 我想我是手头上的事太多了 |
[12:54] | finding reliable advertisers… | 要找可靠点的广告商 |
[12:57] | and investors with deep pockets. | 财力雄厚的投资人什么的 |
[13:00] | Or you could just hire someone to do that for you. | 或者你可以雇人来帮你 |
[13:04] | With my business experience, | 根据我的商业经验 |
[13:05] | we can make a good run at this. | 我们可以很好地运作这件事 |
[13:08] | My father attributes two of his divorces | 我父亲认为他的两次离婚都是因为 |
[13:11] | to the demands of “Voulez.” | 为《想》付出的太多 |
[13:13] | I, of course, attribute it to my father. | 当然 我认为是我父亲自身的原因 |
[13:16] | But I couldn’t live with myself | 但是我不能妨碍你 |
[13:17] | if I took away your first years of marriage. | 享受新婚第一年的幸福时光 |
[13:19] | I couldn’t live with myself | 我也不能 |
[13:20] | if I prevented him from pursuing a dream. | 阻止他去追求自己的梦想 |
[13:23] | Why don’t I leave you two to talk? | 你们俩慢慢聊吧 |
[13:26] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[13:34] | Charlotte? | 夏洛特 |
[13:36] | Nice to see you here. | 真高兴在这见到你 |
[13:38] | I came here to surprise Daniel and Margaux, | 我来这是想给丹尼尔和玛尔戈一个惊喜 |
[13:39] | but you know what they say– “Four’s a crowd.” | 但俗话说 “三人成伴 四人不欢” |
[13:43] | Is something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[13:45] | You were the only person I told | 我只跟你说过 |
[13:47] | about my mother’s supposed affair. | 我母亲好像有外遇了 |
[13:49] | Next thing I know, | 结果我听说 |
[13:50] | it’s gotten back to her through Ashley. | 却是阿什莉以此来要挟我妈 |
[13:54] | I didn’t say a word. | 不是我说的 |
[13:56] | Ashley must have found out some other way. | 肯定是阿什莉通过别的方法得知的 |
[13:57] | I mean, you know how nosy she is. | 你也知道她有多八卦了 |
[13:59] | You know, I used to defend you when my mother would | 以前我妈妈说你不好的时候 |
[14:01] | go on one of her Emily rants, | 我都会维护你 |
[14:03] | But now I think I’ll stay quiet. | 但是现在我不会了 |
[14:04] | Charlotte, I understand that you’re upset, | 夏洛特 我知道你很生气 |
[14:06] | but I didn’t do it. | 但那不是我说的 |
[14:07] | And anyway, it’s just a little bit of gossip. | 再说了 不就是几句八卦消息吗 |
[14:09] | A little bit of gossip? | 几句八卦消息 |
[14:11] | Maybe you don’t get that even one tiny lie | 或许你还不知道即使一个很小的谎言 |
[14:13] | can cause a lot of damage. | 也能造成很大的伤害 |
[14:15] | Charlotte, please. | 夏洛特 别这样 |
[14:18] | You were one of the few people left in my life | 你是为数不多的几个 |
[14:20] | I felt connected to. | 我认为能说真心话的人 |
[14:22] | And now I don’t know if I can trust you anymore. | 而现在 我不知道能不能再信任你了 |
[14:25] | So thanks for the concern, | 谢谢你的关心 |
[14:27] | but no, thanks. | 但是我不需要 |
[14:44] | Hey, perfect timing, Ems. | 来得正好 艾米 |
[14:48] | I picked up a new hobby working in the prison kitchen. | 我在监狱的厨房工作时培养了新的兴趣爱好 |
[14:51] | See, it turns out that, uh, blueberry muffins | 知道吗 即使是反社会人士 |
[14:54] | can calm even the most sociopathic heart. | 吃了蓝莓松饼也能心情平静 |
[14:57] | I should have one. | 那我应该吃一个 |
[14:59] | First I lose Jack for telling the truth, | 我先是因为说出实情而失去了杰克 |
[15:00] | then I lose Charlotte for lying. | 之后又因为说谎而失去了夏洛特 |
[15:02] | Then take a breather. | 那就深呼吸吧 |
[15:03] | Especially since the guy on deck is not only a priest, | 因为那个人不光是个牧师 |
[15:09] | but practically the Mother Teresa of the Bronx. | 简直就是布朗克斯的特蕾莎修女 |
[15:10] | 世界著名的天主教慈善工作者 | |
[15:13] | 布朗克斯牧师招待无家可归的人 | |
[15:14] | Got a library card in lieu of Wi-Fi. | 我戒网了 所以去图书馆查了查 |
[15:14] | 关心百姓的牧师 | |
[15:17] | Every other takedown | 之前对付的每个人 |
[15:17] | 社区宗教联盟真心关心百姓 | |
[15:18] | had histories that read like rap sheets, but… | 都是罪行累累 但是 |
[15:21] | all signs point to Paul being a good man. | 所有的资料都表明 保罗是个好人 |
[15:25] | Well, my father was a better man. | 我爸爸更是个好人 |
[15:26] | Right. The gospel according to Emily– | 对 艾米丽的信条 |
[15:28] | – Sin unto others as you’ve had sinned unto you. – Right. | -以其人之道还治其人之身 -没错 |
[15:32] | This time, I just– | 这次 我觉得 |
[15:33] | I kinda think you’re going too far. | 我觉得你有点过火了 |
[15:35] | If–if you cannot forgive Paul, | 如果你不能原谅保罗 |
[15:37] | – how do you expect to be forgiven? – I don’t. | -又怎么指望别人原谅你呢 -我不指望 |
[15:41] | Look, I have two months before the wedding, | 我还有两个月就要结婚了 |
[15:42] | which means I’m not pulling any punches. | 所以我不会手下留情 |
[15:45] | Just check your soul, Emily Thorne, | 要对得起良心 艾米莉·索恩 |
[15:47] | ’cause once you start taking down kittens, | 如果你开始欺负弱小的人 |
[15:50] | I’m out. | 我就退出 |
[16:04] | Unhand my painting this instant. | 马上把你的手从我的画上拿开 |
[16:07] | Uh, pay no mind to the lady of the house, gentlemen. | 先生们 不用理这个女人 |
[16:10] | As you were. | 该怎么做还怎么做 |
[16:11] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你想干什么 |
[16:13] | I was under the impression that you had | 如果我没记错的话 |
[16:14] | at least a few more months before dementia kicked in. | 你至少还要再过几个月才会变成痴呆 |
[16:17] | Charming. | 说得真好 |
[16:18] | Maintaining stables, | 维护马厩 |
[16:20] | standing suites at the south fork, | 在南方酒店订房间 |
[16:22] | and our yacht you’ve suddenly grown fond of again, | 以及你又喜欢上的游艇 |
[16:25] | actually costs money. | 都是要花钱的 |
[16:26] | Auctioning off one of the pieces | 把一幅画拍卖掉 |
[16:28] | from your collection this afternoon | 今天下午拍卖掉你的一副收藏画的钱 |
[16:30] | will keep us afloat… for June. | 能够帮我们维持到六月份 |
[16:33] | Oh, and when, pray tell, | 那请你告诉我什么时候 |
[16:35] | will you be sacrificing your ferrari? | 轮到你牺牲你的法拉利呢 |
[16:38] | We can discuss that in July. Unless, of course, | 我负责七月呗 除非 |
[16:40] | you’ve suddenly found our stolen millions? | 你忽然找到被偷走的那几百万 |
[16:44] | July it is. | 那就七月吧 |
[16:48] | Miss Thorne. | 索恩小姐 |
[16:50] | I decided to do some baking. | 我烤了点糕点 |
[16:51] | I thought I’d… share. | 美食得共享 就拿过来了 |
[16:53] | They’re blueberry. | 蓝莓的 |
[16:55] | That’s my favorite. How considerate… | 那是我的最爱 真贴心… |
[16:59] | and ironic that my wife is | 讽刺的是 我妻子竟是家里 |
[17:02] | the only woman in this family who doesn’t care about me. | 唯一不关心我的女人 |
[17:05] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[17:08] | Well, I met your officiant today, | 今天见到你找的神父了 |
[17:10] | or I should say “re-met.” | 还是我该说是”再次见到” |
[17:12] | I really wish that you would clear such things with me. | 我真希望你能提前跟我说一声 |
[17:14] | Oh, forgive me, Victoria, but when I heard that | 抱歉维多利亚 但是当我听说 |
[17:17] | you and Father Paul had a history, | 你和保罗神父之前就认识时 |
[17:18] | I saw an opportunity to mend another fence. | 我觉得这是改善另一段关系的绝佳机会 |
[17:21] | – Another? – Well, like Patrick. | -另一段 -比如说 帕特里克 |
[17:23] | I imagine you want him to be a part of our perfect day. | 我想你会让他参加我们的婚礼吧 |
[17:26] | Oh, you’re kind to pour sugar on that wound, | 你真是太善良了 为我考虑如此周全 |
[17:29] | but I prefer to keep him separate. | 但我想还是不请他了吧 |
[17:31] | Oh, well, I suppose Patrick’s used to it. | 我想帕特里克也习惯了 |
[17:35] | That is a shame, though. I’ve never seen you so happy. | 不过真遗憾 我从没见你那么开心 |
[17:37] | But considering your family’s current state, | 但是考虑到你家的现状 |
[17:39] | I understand. Who knows how they’d react? | 我能理解 谁知道他们会作出什么出格的事呢 |
[17:43] | Well, you’re busy. I should go. | 你还有事要忙 我先走了 |
[17:53] | Put that painting back. | 把那幅画挂回去 |
[17:55] | I have another piece in mind. | 准备另外一幅 |
[18:01] | They like you. | 他们喜欢你 |
[18:10] | You know, this is | 知道吗 这就是几年前 |
[18:12] | where Sammy came running up to you a couple years ago. | 山姆跑来找你的地方 |
[18:15] | Sometimes I wonder | 有时候我会想 |
[18:16] | what would have happened if I hadn’t brought him to the park that day. | 如果那天我没带他来公园会怎样 |
[18:18] | – I understand how you feel, Jack. – Do you? | -我理解你的感受 杰克 -是吗 |
[18:21] | ‘Cause it keeps changing for me… | 因为我的感受一直在变 |
[18:24] | every time Charlotte comes by. | 每次夏洛特来我都有不同感受 |
[18:27] | I hate myself for going along with this. | 我恨我自己容忍了下来 |
[18:29] | That’s actually why I stopped | 正是如此 所以在看见你时 |
[18:31] | when I saw you. I… | 我停了下来 我 |
[18:34] | I’m worried about her. | 我很担心她 |
[18:35] | Well, so am I, but what can I do? | 我也是 但是我能做什么 |
[18:37] | You’re the source of most of her pain. | 你是她痛苦的主要源头 |
[18:38] | Unless you’re here to give me permission | 除非你是来允许我 |
[18:40] | to tell her the truth. | 告诉她事实的 |
[18:41] | I can’t do that, Jack. | 我不能那么做 杰克 |
[18:43] | Not before the end of the summer, right? | 夏天结束前不能 是吧 |
[18:45] | She won’t talk to me, | 虽然她不跟我说 |
[18:46] | but I know something’s not right. | 但我知道有些地方不对劲 |
[18:47] | I was just hoping that maybe you would speak with her. | 我只是希望或许你能跟她谈谈 |
[18:51] | You really refuse to accept responsibility, don’t you? | 你还真是喜欢逃避责任啊 |
[18:54] | She’s your sister. | 她可是你亲妹妹 |
[18:57] | Tell me, when exactly did punishing the guilty | 告诉我 是从何时开始 惩罚有罪的人 |
[19:01] | become more important to you than helping the innocent? | 对你来说变得比帮助无辜的人还重要 |
[19:22] | I gotta tell ya, | 不得不说 |
[19:23] | I was shocked to hear that Fontana’s “Monsoon No.2” | 看到方塔纳的”二号季风” |
[19:25] | was on the block. | 出现在拍卖会我很惊讶 |
[19:26] | Patrick. | 帕特里克 |
[19:30] | Now why are you offering this up to these vultures, huh? | 你怎么会把这个拿出来让给那些吸血鬼呢 |
[19:32] | – I mean, you love this piece. – Yes, I do. | -你可爱这幅画了 -对的 |
[19:34] | But the truth is we’re, um… | 但是事实是我家里 |
[19:36] | we’re having financial troubles. | 我们的资金出问题了 |
[19:38] | And now that Conrad’s had to step down from office… | 现在康拉德不得不放弃竞选 |
[19:41] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你怎么不公布呢 |
[19:42] | You’re going to think me shallow, | 我这样说你可能会觉得我肤浅 |
[19:44] | but the world I live in, | 但在我生活的那个世界 |
[19:46] | if they sense this vulnerability, | 如果别人察觉到你的弱点 |
[19:48] | they will use it as a weapon. | 他们会利用它当做对付你的武器 |
[19:50] | So… I part with the things I love. | 所以 我和我所爱之物分离 |
[19:54] | Still not an easy sacrifice to make, right? | 依旧不容易放手 是吧 |
[19:58] | It’s easier than some others. | 比其他一些容易 |
[20:00] | Well, quite frankly, | 坦白说 |
[20:03] | the final chance to see this piece | 我并不是为了 |
[20:04] | is not why I came by. | 来看这幅画最后一眼 |
[20:06] | Well, that’s why I chose the Fontana– | 所以我才选方塔纳的这幅画 |
[20:08] | because I knew you’d come. | 因为我知道你会来 |
[20:11] | Never doubt those instincts of yours. | 永远不要怀疑你的直觉 |
[20:12] | You know, they’re always spot on. | 说真的 它们一直很准 |
[20:13] | I know that my daughter came to see you, | 我知道我女儿去找过你 |
[20:15] | and it says a lot about her. | 说明她也知道不少 |
[20:17] | and it says a lot about you for protecting her. | 也说明你帮我保护着她 |
[20:20] | It’s okay. | 举手之劳 |
[20:22] | Family’s complicated. | 家庭很复杂 |
[20:23] | But my feelings for you are simple. | 但是我对你的感觉很简单 |
[20:26] | And I am never going to | 而我不想再过 |
[20:27] | let another day pass without you in it. | 没有你参与的生活 |
[20:38] | This is Father Paul. | 我是保罗神父 |
[20:39] | Father, I need your help. | 神父 我需要你的帮助 |
[20:42] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[20:44] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[20:46] | Father Paul Whitley. | 我是保罗·惠特利 |
[20:50] | Are you here? | 有人在么 |
[20:57] | A pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Lemarchal. | 很荣幸终于见到您 拉马肖小姐 |
[20:59] | Oh, all mine, Mr. Johnson. | 应该是我的荣幸 约翰逊先生 |
[21:01] | Richard, please. | 请叫我理查德 |
[21:02] | Bonsoir, mademoiselle. | 再会 小姐 |
[21:04] | – Et monsieur. – Thanks, Richard. Appreciate it. | -再会 先生 -谢了 理查德 非常感谢 |
[21:06] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 -谢谢你 |
[21:10] | Okay, first you find me enough investors | 好吧 首先你给我找了足够的投资人 |
[21:13] | that I can actually afford a nice office space. | 让我能够拥有一间不错的办公室 |
[21:16] | Then get the man who made “Page Six” | 然后说服创建《第六页》杂志的人 |
[21:18] | interested in working with us… | 和我们合作 |
[21:20] | in the course of one day. | 一天之内搞定 |
[21:23] | So when do I start? | 那我什么时候能开工 |
[21:24] | I don’t remember offering you the job. | 我可没记得雇用了你 |
[21:26] | Oh, but you were about to. | 但你打算雇用了 |
[21:34] | What’s the reason we’re not staying in these offices? | 这为什么不是我们的办公室 |
[21:37] | My father’s name is on the building. | 我父亲是大楼的创始人 |
[21:39] | And he made it clear my presence here is temporary. | 他很清楚的告诉我我在这儿只是暂时的 |
[21:42] | Too bad. I could get used to a view like this. | 太糟了 我很喜欢这样的风景 |
[21:45] | – This calls for celebration. – I can’t. | -该庆祝一下 -我不行 |
[21:47] | I’ve been summoned to Southampton tonight. | 我今晚要去南汉普顿 |
[21:50] | Hmm. You still have a little time. | 你还有点时间 |
[22:23] | Come to borrow a cup of vinegar? | 来借醋吗 |
[22:25] | No, I wanted to drop these off | 不 我想给你这些 |
[22:27] | and welcome you to the neighborhood. | 并且欢迎你来到这片社区 |
[22:30] | We didn’t get a chance to talk the other day | 那天在你的惊人之举后 |
[22:32] | after that little stunt of yours. | 我们一直没机会谈谈 |
[22:34] | Well, I couldn’t wait to be surrounded by | 被关了六个月后 |
[22:39] | nothing but air after having been locked up | 我只想享受宽敞的空间 |
[22:42] | for six months. | 呼吸新鲜空气 |
[22:44] | And after your recent legal issues, | 考虑到你最近法律问题缠身 |
[22:45] | how fortunate you were able to purchase this place. | 能购买此处房产真是幸运极了 |
[22:49] | I know how long it takes to thaw frozen assets. | 我知道解冻冻结资产需要多久 |
[22:52] | In fact, I’m certain someone with your technological prowess | 事实上 我相信以你的技术 |
[22:55] | would have no trouble accessing bank accounts, | 访问银行账户简直是小菜一碟 |
[22:58] | whether they belong to you or not. | 不管那账户是不是你的 |
[23:00] | Although I love a good shower of praise, | 尽管我喜欢赞美之词 |
[23:03] | Victoria, I don’t know if you’ve noticed. | 维多利亚 我不知你是否注意到 |
[23:06] | But, uh, my life is a computer-free zone these days. | 这些日子我可是无电脑状态 |
[23:11] | Oh, I see you’ve made room for other things. | 原来你为其他东西腾出了空间 |
[23:17] | Now what could have made you part with such a masterpiece? | 如此的杰作谁愿割舍呢 |
[23:22] | And who knew you to be such an art connoisseur? | 谁又知道你是一个艺术鉴赏家呢 |
[23:26] | Well, I… dabble. | 只是涉足而已 |
[23:28] | In many things, no doubt. | 毫无疑问 你涉足了很多事 |
[23:31] | Some, quite possibly, unforgivable. | 有一些 也许不可饶恕 |
[23:36] | I should leave you to get settled. | 我该走了 你好好整理行装吧 |
[23:48] | Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[23:50] | I’m glad you’re here. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[23:51] | Listen, I’m sorry for what happened yesterday. | 昨天的事我很抱歉 |
[23:53] | It’s fine. Let’s just enjoy dinner, shall we? | 没关系 让我们享受晚餐 忘了那事吧 |
[24:01] | – Your meetings must have went well. – Yeah. | -你的会议肯定很顺利吧 -是的 |
[24:03] | I waited for you at the house, but I didn’t want to be late. | 我在家等了很久 但我不想迟到 |
[24:05] | Well, you know what the traffic’s like | 你知道市里的交通 |
[24:06] | getting out of the city. | 车水马龙 |
[24:09] | So… was Margaux interested? | 玛尔戈感兴趣吗 |
[24:12] | She made an offer. I told her I’d sleep on it. | 她出了价 我说要考虑一晚上 |
[24:15] | A job with a monthly publication? | 出月刊的工作吗 |
[24:17] | I thought you’d want a little stability. | 我以为你想要稳定一点 |
[24:20] | Just worry about yourself right now, okay? | 现在你先担心自己吧 |
[24:22] | Oh, yeah, yeah. Echoing the universal sentiment | 是啊 响应大众的观点 |
[24:25] | that Huntington’s should occupy 100% of my thoughts. | 亨廷顿氏症应该占据我思想的全部 |
[24:28] | Or maybe it’s just that it’s everyone’s eloquent way | 或者这只是大家为了不想听我意见 |
[24:31] | of not having to heed my opinions. | 找的冠冕堂皇的理由 |
[24:34] | Well, I’d like to know how you’re feeling, dad. | 我愿意听你的意见 爸爸 |
[24:37] | Pretty much the same, sweetheart. Thank you. | 实在没啥区别 亲爱的 还是谢谢你 |
[24:40] | Any idea why your mother | 有谁知道你们母亲 |
[24:41] | has called this de facto family summit? | 为何举办这个家庭聚会吗 |
[24:44] | To introduce you to someone special. | 向你们介绍特别嘉宾 |
[24:47] | Who’s this? | 他是谁 |
[24:49] | Our brother. | 我们的哥哥 |
[25:29] | I gotta say I do miss the fountain in the stairwell. | 我真怀念楼梯间的喷泉 |
[25:33] | Oh, wow. Well-versed in modernists | 不仅精通现代主义艺术 |
[25:35] | and well-acquainted with my home. | 还对我家了如指掌 |
[25:38] | You are just full of surprises, Mr. Osbourne. | 你真是充满惊喜啊 奥斯本先生 |
[25:40] | – He was living here. – Of course he was. | -他以前住在这 -当然了 |
[25:43] | So no job? | 没工作吗 |
[25:45] | Well, Patrick is a freelance artist. | 帕特里克是个自由艺术家 |
[25:47] | Oh, freelancing’s not a profession, dear. | 亲爱的 自由职业可不是职业 |
[25:49] | It’s a hobby one has between bartending shifts. | 而是酒保在换班时的业余爱好 |
[25:52] | And I could use another drink. | 给我再倒一杯酒 |
[25:53] | – You’ve had enough. – I’ll get it. | -别喝了 -我去倒 |
[25:57] | You know, after “Nightline,” letters poured in from leeches | 《晚间报道》后 寄生虫们纷纷写信 |
[25:57] | 美国广播公司的一档深夜新闻节目 | |
[26:01] | claiming to be her son. | 声称他们是他的儿子 |
[26:03] | How do we know you’re not one of them? | 我们怎么知道你是真的呢 |
[26:05] | I have the, uh… | 我有 |
[26:08] | I could have swor– you know what I did? | 我也许 真是的 |
[26:09] | I left the D.N.A. Test in my other jacket. | 我把DNA鉴定放在另一件外套里了 |
[26:11] | He’s funny. Well… | 他真幽默 |
[26:14] | Don’t think you’ve hit the jackpot, buddy, | 别以为你中了头彩 兄弟 |
[26:15] | ’cause we’re broke. | 因为我们破产了 |
[26:17] | Patrick is apprised of our situation. | 帕特里克知道我们的情况 |
[26:19] | And as difficult as it may be for any of you to believe, | 你们也许很难相信 |
[26:22] | there’s some people driven by motivations other than financial gain. | 有些人并不被金钱所驱 |
[26:27] | You know, perhaps Patrick can float us a loan | 也许帕特里克可以在他的 |
[26:29] | from what’s left of the $5 million. | 五百万剩款中借我们一笔钱 |
[26:31] | I mean, that is how you sustain a life. | 虽然那是你维持生活的钱 |
[26:33] | Thank you, uh, freelancing, I imagine. | 谢谢 毕竟你是自由职业者嘛 |
[26:36] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[26:38] | When Patrick here was of age, | 帕特里克成年时 |
[26:39] | he came and searched for his mother. | 他来找自己的亲生母亲 |
[26:41] | And our general factotum, frank, paid him that tidy sum | 我们慷慨的管家弗兰克给了他一笔钱 |
[26:44] | to… disappear. | 让他消失 |
[26:48] | The guy’s name was Frank? | 那家伙叫弗兰克啊 |
[26:51] | Well, Frank showed up… | 弗兰克找到我 |
[26:53] | But he only threatened to hurt me. | 但他只是威胁要伤害我 |
[26:55] | I never saw a cent of that money. | 钱我一分都没见着 |
[26:57] | And no offense, Mr. Grayson, | 无意冒犯 格雷森先生 |
[26:59] | but my only fear coming into tonight was that | 我今晚唯一担心的就是 |
[27:00] | you’d try to sic him on me again. | 你会让他再来害我 |
[27:04] | Then I have two happy pieces of news to share. | 那么我有两个好消息要告诉你 |
[27:07] | First off, poor Frank is deceased. | 首先 可怜的弗兰克已经去世 |
[27:09] | And I wasn’t the one who sent him. | 第二 不是我让弗兰克去见你的 |
[27:12] | That’d be your dear old mum. | 而是你亲爱的母亲大人 |
[27:17] | You did that? | 是你做的 |
[27:20] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[27:25] | – Excuse me. – No! Wait. | -抱歉 -不 等等 |
[27:27] | When you came looking for me, | 你来找我的时候 |
[27:28] | I suddenly became that scared teenage girl again. | 我再次变成那个担惊害怕的年轻少女 |
[27:32] | And I made the same mistake. | 我犯了同样的错误 |
[27:35] | And I’ve only just begun | 我现在才开始 |
[27:37] | to make up for what I’ve been missing. | 弥补我的过失 |
[27:39] | And I swear to you that I will go to my grave | 我向你发誓 就算要我死 |
[27:43] | to try to atone for those sins. | 我也会努力弥补我所犯的罪过 |
[27:49] | Now… | 现在 |
[27:51] | Patrick has done nothing wrong. | 帕特里克没做错什么 |
[27:53] | And for you to treat him like this | 你们这样待他 |
[27:55] | is not only unwarranted. It is unacceptable. | 毫无道理 令人无法接受 |
[27:58] | He is good, and he is genuine. | 他善良 真诚 |
[28:02] | And I will be damned if I sit here | 如果我还坐这儿让你们诋毁他 |
[28:05] | and let you drag him down to your level. | 那我就太可恶了 |
[28:08] | He is my son, and that makes him family. | 他是我儿子 所以他是家人 |
[28:12] | Well, then, here’s… | 那好 敬 |
[28:14] | Conrad, are you all right? | 康拉德 你还好吗 |
[28:17] | Aah! Damn it! | 该死 |
[28:21] | Look what you’ve done, mother. | 你看你都做了什么 妈 |
[28:22] | God, how can you be so selfish? | 天呐 你怎么如此自私 |
[28:24] | Springing Patrick on us and riling dad up. | 突然让帕特里克来 激怒爸爸 |
[28:27] | – He’s sick, and you could care less. – Charlotte– | -他病了 你却毫不关心 -夏洛特 |
[28:29] | Patrick, if I were you, I’d get out before it’s too late. | 帕特里克 如果我是你 我会马上离开 |
[28:57] | I still can’t believe my mother chose | 我还是不相信我妈 |
[28:59] | to trot Patrick out yesterday. | 昨天让帕特里克来家里 |
[29:01] | Well, I’m sure she had her reasons. | 我相信她有她的原因 |
[29:05] | Why do I even care? | 我为什么要关心这个 |
[29:07] | My parents are rotten human beings | 我父母毫无人性 |
[29:09] | who continually disappoint me. | 屡次让我失望 |
[29:10] | And yet I have this innate need to protect them. | 但我内心还是想保护他们 |
[29:14] | Because despite everything, they’re your family. | 因为无论如何 他们是你的家人 |
[29:17] | And when someone comes along and threatens that bond, | 如果有人威胁到了家人 |
[29:19] | You’ll do anything to defend it. | 你会用尽全力去守护 |
[29:25] | Is that why you haven’t mentioned the job– | 你是因此才没提到那份工作吗 |
[29:28] | – Because it’s in the city? – The job? | -因为是在城里 -工作 |
[29:32] | You should take it, Daniel. | 你应该接受 丹尼尔 |
[29:34] | I’ll be here to make sure that Patrick doesn’t interfere too much, | 这里交给我 确保帕特里克不会干涉太多 |
[29:37] | and besides, I’m sure Margaux is counting on you. | 而且 玛尔戈肯定很期待你的帮助 |
[29:39] | She can handle herself, believe me. | 相信我 她一个人没问题 |
[29:43] | I’m just–I’m just not sure it’s for me. | 我只是不确定我适不适合 |
[29:46] | Well, I’ll leave it up to you, | 那我就让你来决定了 |
[29:47] | – but just consider it, okay? – Okay. | -不过 你考虑一下 行吗 -好 |
[29:53] | I’ll see you later. | 一会见 |
[30:04] | 南方酒店 | |
[30:13] | Morning, Patrick. | 早上好 帕特里克 |
[30:15] | Emily. What are you doing here? | 艾米丽 你怎么会来 |
[30:17] | Well, I had a meeting with my wedding planner, | 我本来跟婚礼策划人约好见面 |
[30:19] | and she canceled last minute. | 结果她临时取消了 |
[30:20] | Then I remembered that you were staying here. | 我记得你住在这里 |
[30:22] | I know that if I were you, | 经过昨晚的事 |
[30:23] | I’d want to talk to somebody after last night. | 我觉得你会想找人聊聊天 |
[30:25] | The Graysons can be quite a handful. | 格雷森一家确实挺烦的 |
[30:29] | I’m well aware of your history with my mother and her family. So… | 我很了解你跟我妈妈 还有他们一家的事 |
[30:33] | I can handle myself. | 我一个人没问题的 |
[30:40] | Please… hey! Carl. | 拜托 卡尔 |
[30:43] | Hey! Carl! Hey. | 卡尔 等等 |
[30:45] | It looks like someone’s in a mood. | 看来有人在闹情绪啊 |
[30:47] | He’s been fussy all afternoon. | 他一下午都很烦躁 |
[30:48] | I tried to feed him, I gave him a toy, | 我喂过他 给过他玩具 |
[30:50] | – I even tried the wedding video. – Come here, come here. | -甚至都放过婚礼视频 -过来 |
[30:52] | – Nothing I did was good enough. – Oh, buddy. | -根本没用 -小子 |
[30:55] | He’s just tired. He’s just tired. | 他只是累了 仅此而已 |
[30:59] | Yeah, tired of his auntie. | 是啊 受不了他这个小姨了 |
[31:02] | Clearly I’m not fit for motherhood. | 显然我不适合当妈妈 |
[31:05] | What? | 什么 |
[31:06] | You’re being too hard on yourself. | 你对自己要求太高了 |
[31:09] | No, I’m not. | 不是 |
[31:11] | You don’t know what I’ve done, and I can’t help but thinking | 你不知道我做过什么事 我一直觉得 |
[31:13] | it’s the universe’s way of paying me back. | 这就是老天在报复我 |
[31:17] | What are you talking about? | 你在瞎说什么啊 |
[31:23] | If I had just told Declan where I was instead of lying, | 如果我当时实话告诉德克兰我在哪里 |
[31:27] | he wouldn’t have come looking for me at Grayson Global. | 他就不会去格雷森国际找我了 |
[31:29] | His death is all my fault. | 他是因我而死 |
[31:32] | Charlotte… | 夏洛特 |
[31:34] | You’ve been blaming yourself this whole time? | 你一直在为他的死自责吗 |
[31:36] | – It’s nothing to do with– – Jack, don’t. | -根本不怪你 -杰克 不要 |
[31:39] | I don’t deserve your pity. | 我不值得你同情 |
[31:42] | I’m the reason your brother’s gone. | 你弟弟会死都是因为我 |
[31:48] | Charlotte, wait. | 夏洛特 等等 |
[31:51] | There’s something you need to know. | 我有事想跟你说 |
[31:54] | So your instincts about turning Patrick | 所以你想拉拢帕特里克的预感 |
[31:57] | were a little off. | 出了差错 |
[31:59] | Kinda makes you want to reconsider | 你是不是在重新考虑 |
[32:00] | taking down father Paul, doesn’t it? | 拿下保罗神父的计划了 |
[32:02] | Tell me you didn’t call me here | 你叫我过来 |
[32:03] | to talk me out of it. | 就是为了劝我收手吗 |
[32:04] | Just finishing a little home improvement project. | 我只是把我家改良了一下 |
[32:12] | Nice, Nolan. | 不错啊 诺兰 |
[32:13] | And… that’s not all. | 精彩的还在后面 |
[32:18] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[32:25] | “All I ask is that you promise to do | “我只求你答应我一件事 |
[32:28] | “the one thing that I was never able to do.” | 一件我一直没能做到的事” |
[32:30] | – Nolan. – “Forgive. | -诺兰 -“那就是原谅 |
[32:32] | “Keeping hate for the people who betrayed me | 一直以来 憎恨着背叛过我的人 |
[32:34] | “has brought nothing but torment and heartache. | 使我心力交瘁 痛苦不堪 |
[32:36] | You deserve better than that, Amanda. You deserve love.” | 你应该过得更好 阿曼达 你应该享有爱” |
[32:39] | Don’t you ever go through my things again. | 以后别乱动我东西 |
[32:40] | Do you understand me? | 听到没有 |
[32:41] | I brought you into this | 我让你参与进来 |
[32:42] | because I thought you loved my father. | 是因为我觉得你很爱我父亲 |
[32:44] | I do love him, and I love his daughter. | 我确实爱他 也爱他的女儿 |
[32:47] | – And I want to protect her. – I don’t need your protection, Nolan. | -我想保护她 -我不需要你保护 诺兰 |
[32:51] | Wha–circumstances change, Ems. | 世事都会有变数 艾米 |
[32:54] | You probably didn’t think | 你当初也没想到 |
[32:55] | you were gonna tell Jack the truth… | 有一天你会告诉杰克真相吧 |
[32:57] | until this was all over. But look what happened. | 你本打算一切结束之后再说的 但是你说了 |
[32:59] | So maybe–maybe the best-laid plans | 也许 也许有些时候 |
[33:02] | are sometimes meant to be abandoned! | 就应该放弃那些看似完美的计划 |
[33:04] | Maybe they’re meant to be carried out alone. | 也许那些计划应该由我独自完成 |
[33:17] | Oh, there’s my girl. | 乖女儿 |
[33:19] | I am not your girl. | 我不是你女儿 |
[33:21] | You know, despite all the horrible things | 我虽然听说了你做的那些事 |
[33:23] | I heard about flight 197 | 听说了197航班事故 |
[33:25] | and what you did to my actual father, | 知道了你对我的亲生父亲做过什么 |
[33:28] | I hoped it wasn’t true, that you couldn’t be that evil. | 我一直不愿意相信 希望你没那么残忍 |
[33:33] | Uh, what are you saying? | 你在说什么 |
[33:34] | You knew about the bomb that killed Declan. | 你对害死德克兰的炸弹早就知情 |
[33:40] | Who told you that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[33:41] | Do you have any idea how guilty I feel over his death? | 你知道我为他的死自责了多久吗 |
[33:45] | From the moment it happened, I blamed myself. | 事情一发生 我就开始自责 |
[33:49] | It made me sick, and I know that’s why I miscarried. | 心痛至极 所以我才流了产 |
[33:52] | – Oh, Charlotte, sweetheart, that– – You watched me suffer, | -夏洛特 亲爱的 -你在豪华公寓里 |
[33:55] | while you sat on your throne in the governor’s mansion. | 坐在权力宝座上 眼睁睁地看着我痛苦 |
[33:58] | I’m done helping you. | 我再也不会帮你了 |
[34:01] | Please, don’t do this. | 别这样对我 |
[34:05] | You deserve to die miserable and alone. | 你只配孤独惨死 |
[34:19] | “Our father, who art in heaven, | “在天国的天父 |
[34:22] | “hallowed be thy name. | 愿人都尊你的名为圣 |
[34:24] | “They kingdom come, thy will be done, | 愿你的王国来临 愿你的旨意行在地上 |
[34:26] | “On earth as it is in heaven. | 如同行在天上 |
[34:29] | “Give us this day our daily bread, | 您赐予我们每日的食粮 |
[34:32] | “And forgive us our trespasses | 原谅我们的侵犯 |
[34:34] | “As we forgive those who trespass against us. | 正如我们原谅侵犯我们的人 |
[34:38] | “And lead us not into temptation, | 教我们远离诱惑 |
[34:41] | “But deliver us from evil. | 远离邪恶 |
[34:43] | “For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, | 主的王国 主的力量 主的荣耀 |
[34:46] | forever. Amen.” | 永生永世 阿门 |
[34:49] | – Amen. – Amen. | -阿门 -阿门 |
[34:55] | And the next thing I know, | 我就记得 |
[34:57] | someone cracked me over the head. | 被人从脑后砸了一下 |
[35:00] | And I wake up an hour later with an empty wallet | 一个小时后我再次醒来 钱包空了 |
[35:02] | and a killer headache. | 头疼欲裂 |
[35:03] | That’s terrible. What did the police say? | 真是太不幸了 警察怎么说 |
[35:05] | Oh, I didn’t call them. | 我没报警 |
[35:06] | Whoever did it needed what I had more than I did. | 抢我钱的人肯定比我更需要钱 |
[35:09] | Let’s talk about your wedding. | 说说你婚礼的事吧 |
[35:11] | Well, I… | 这个啊 |
[35:13] | I hear you saw my future in-laws. | 你已经见过我的婆家人了吧 |
[35:15] | I did… until Conrad practically threw me out. | 是啊 不过后来康拉德把我赶出来了 |
[35:19] | I only hope he heard a little of what I had to say. | 但愿我说的话 他能听进去一点 |
[35:21] | I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t he? | 我不明白 为什么这么说 |
[35:24] | In truth, | 事实上 |
[35:26] | the mistakes that we made– in large part– | 很大程度上讲 我们犯下的过错 |
[35:30] | are why I changed my life | 就是我做出改变的原因 |
[35:32] | and try to change those of others. | 我也因此想要改变更多人的生活 |
[35:35] | Hopefully, I’ll make a better impression | 希望这一次 我能在你父母面前 |
[35:38] | on your parents, Emily. | 留下个好印象 艾米莉 |
[35:43] | I lost my parents when I was young. | 我很小的时候 双亲就去世了 |
[35:45] | I’m sorry. It must be difficult planning a wedding | 很遗憾 筹办婚礼对你来说一定很艰难 |
[35:48] | knowing that your father won’t be there | 因为你知道自己不能挽着父亲的手 |
[35:50] | to walk you down the aisle. | 走过婚礼的殿堂了 |
[35:54] | – Yeah. – If he were still here, | -是啊 -如果他还在的话 |
[35:56] | I know that he would be proud of the woman that you’ve become, | 我肯定 他一定会为你现在的成就 |
[36:01] | and getting all the happiness | 和收获的幸福而骄傲的 |
[36:02] | that he must have wanted for you. | 那也是他对你最大的期盼 |
[36:05] | I’m sorry, father. | 不好意思 神父 |
[36:06] | Well, it’s– it’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[36:08] | When one loses a parent at a young age, | 因为年少时就失去双亲 |
[36:11] | they miss out on a whole lifetime of unconditional love. | 所以你错过了那种毕生毫无保留的亲情 |
[36:14] | Lucky for you, | 但你也是幸运的 |
[36:18] | I know where you can find a little extra. | 我知道你会在别的地方收获额外的幸福 |
[36:26] | – Hey. – Daniel. | -好啊 -丹尼尔 |
[36:29] | Look, uh, about yesterday… | 听着 昨天的事… |
[36:32] | I’m sorry. | 是我不好 |
[36:33] | Obviously, I was mistaken. | 显然 是我会错意了 |
[36:36] | The old Daniel wouldn’t have hesitated. | 以前的丹尼尔犹豫都不会犹豫一下 |
[36:38] | Now the new Daniel picks up my dress and hands it to me. | 现在的丹尼尔却捡起了我的裙子 还给了我 |
[36:42] | That’s a first. | 真是破天荒的头一遭 |
[36:45] | And I assume he also has the class | 我想 这个新的丹尼尔也学会了 |
[36:46] | to decline a job in person? | 如何亲自登门拒绝一份工作 |
[36:51] | Let me choose the “Voulez” office location, | 如果你能让我选择《想》的工作地点 |
[36:53] | and I’ll take the job. | 我就接受这份工作 |
[36:55] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | -仅此而已 -仅此而已 |
[36:57] | Well, you’d be doing me a favor. | 那你可真是帮了我大忙了 |
[36:59] | Where do you have in mind? | 你想把办公室放哪儿 |
[37:01] | Montauk. | 蒙托克 |
[37:03] | You want to make a splash, we gotta be trailblazers. | 你想要不同凡响 那就必须做先锋人 |
[37:05] | Plus I have some holdings there | 况且我在哪儿还有些股份 |
[37:06] | completely rent-free and ready for rehab. | 租金全免 只待修缮了 |
[37:09] | And it allows you to be close to your fiancee? | 那里也能让你离未婚妻近一些吧 |
[37:11] | It does let me be nearer to my family, yeah. | 是离我的家人很近 没错 |
[37:14] | And all the power players we want relationships with– | 还有那些我们需要建立人脉的权势之人 |
[37:17] | that’s where they summer, too. | 他们也会去那儿度假 |
[37:19] | This new Daniel Grayson drives a hard bargain. | 这个新的丹尼尔·格雷森还真是能说会道呢 |
[37:25] | Exactly what I’m looking for in a publisher. | 这也是我最想要的出版商 |
[37:31] | I started collecting food for the homeless on holidays… | 初来教区的时候 我会在节假日 |
[37:34] | when I first came to the parish, but… | 为无家可归的人募集食物 但是 |
[37:37] | – Father Paul. – Hey! | -保罗神父 -你好啊 |
[37:39] | Now it’s just grown exponentially. | 现在这里的人已经太多了 |
[37:43] | I’m hoping when I become pastor, | 我希望我成为大祭司以后 |
[37:44] | I’ll find a bigger place, feed more people. | 能找一个地方 为更多的人提供食物 |
[37:48] | Oh, Christina! | 你好 克里斯蒂娜 |
[37:50] | Oh, my goodness. | 上帝啊 |
[37:54] | – Here you go. – Thanks. – So cool! | -拿好了 -谢谢 -太棒了 |
[38:01] | Overwhelming, isn’t it? | 很震撼 是不是 |
[38:03] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[38:05] | Thank you, Father. | 谢谢你 神父 |
[38:08] | Excuse me. There’s something I have to go do. | 抱歉 我还有点事 必须走了 |
[38:22] | Pastor, how are you? | 大祭司 你怎么样 |
[38:23] | Not good, Paul. We need to talk. | 不太好 保罗 我们得谈谈 |
[38:36] | I don’t understand. This makes no sense. | 我不明白 没道理啊 |
[38:41] | Aiden? | 艾登 |
[38:49] | Checking up on my story about Nolan Ross, were you? | 已经查过我说的关于罗斯·诺兰的话了吧 |
[38:53] | Don’t go behind my back. | 别在我背后搞鬼 |
[38:55] | I won’t have you jeopardize my plans. | 我不会容许你威胁到我的计划的 |
[38:57] | Until you earn my trust, Mr. Mathis, | 在我能完全相信你之前 马西斯先生 |
[39:00] | I will take matters into my own hands. | 我更愿意自己去处理重要事务 |
[39:03] | As I suspected, | 我怀疑的不假 |
[39:05] | Nolan is clearly hidding somethig. | 诺兰确实有所隐瞒 |
[39:08] | He’s merely a paw… | 他不过是个爪牙 |
[39:11] | lile I was. | 和我当年一样 |
[39:13] | The deed… to Nolan’s house… | 这是诺兰房子的房契 |
[39:17] | with Emily’s name on it. | 上面写的是艾米莉的名字 |
[39:19] | She has your fortune. | 她和你一样有钱 |
[39:23] | What now? | 现在怎么办 |
[39:25] | Now you do something for me. | 现在你要为我办点事了 |
[39:35] | I’m sorry, dad. | 对不起 爸爸 |
[39:45] | Conrad? | 康拉德 |
[39:48] | Emily? | 艾米莉 |
[39:51] | I guess it’s true what they say, | 看来人们所言不假 |
[39:53] | bride’s work is never done. | 新娘的活儿是永远忙不完的 |
[39:57] | I haven’t been in a sanctuary like this since… | 自从不当祭台侍者后 我就已经很多年 |
[40:00] | I was an altar boy. | 没有来过这样的教堂了 |
[40:02] | Are you here to see Father Paul? | 你是来见保罗神父的吗 |
[40:05] | No, no. Why do you ask? | 不是的 为什么这么问 |
[40:10] | He and I got off on the wrong foot yesterday. | 我们昨天做错了事 |
[40:13] | I got off the wrong foot yesterday, with him, with Patrick… | 是我做错了事 对他 对帕特里克 |
[40:18] | others I care about. | 还有其他我在乎的人 |
[40:20] | Is he in his office? | 他是不是在办公室 |
[40:23] | I’m afraid he is gone. | 恐怕他已经走了 |
[40:25] | There was an incident. | 出了点事 |
[40:27] | He left St. Francis. | 他离开了圣弗朗西斯教堂 |
[40:37] | I’ve always deemed karma a concept created | 我一直认为报应只是一种臆造 |
[40:41] | to lift the spirits of the unaccomplished, | 以慰藉那些毫无成就的失败之人 |
[40:43] | but recent events have given me pause. | 但最近发生的事让我迟疑了 |
[40:48] | I’ve always believed in the natural balance of things. | 我一直坚信世间万物皆有因果 |
[40:53] | We reap what we sow. | 种瓜得瓜 种豆得豆 |
[40:55] | Then harvest may be upon me, Miss Thorne. | 那现在就是我的报应来了 索恩小姐 |
[40:58] | It’s time for me to face the punishment for my sins. | 现在我必须面对我的罪孽和惩罚 |
[41:05] | I’m sorry. Please excuse my senseless prattle. | 抱歉让你听我胡言乱语了 |
[41:09] | I should have accepted Paul’s ear when I had the chance. | 我该在保罗还是神父的时候 对他倾诉的 |
[41:14] | Isn’t there anyone else you could talk to? | 你就没有别的人可诉说了吗 |
[41:18] | I fear I have no one left to listen. | 恐怕已经没有人愿意听我说了 |
[41:24] | I suppose I should take that, too, as a sign. | 也许那也是对我的一个警示 |
[41:30] | Good night, Emily. | 晚安 艾米莉 |
[41:49] | Come for this? | 是为这个而来的吗 |
[41:51] | No. | 不 |
[41:54] | You were right. | 你是对的 |
[42:01] | I knew you hadn’t gone full dark side. So… | 我就知道你没有完全走上不归路 |
[42:04] | you stopped the takedown? | 你没揭发他吗 |
[42:06] | I tried. It was too late. | 我试了 但来不及了 |
[42:11] | Well, what are you gonna do? | 那你接下来打算怎么做 |
[42:12] | Fix it. | 拨乱反正 |
[42:14] | Because I think Father Paul can do the one thing | 因为我相信 保罗神父还能做一件事 |
[42:16] | I haven’t be able to. | 一件我力所不能及的事 |
[42:19] | Convince Conrad to confess… | 说服康拉德认罪 |
[42:22] | to everything. | 认下他所有的罪 |