时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Previously on Riverdale… | |
[00:09] | Archie Andrews, | 亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[00:10] | I’m Special Agent Adams with the FBI. | 我是联调局的特别探员亚当斯 |
[00:13] | We believe Hiram Lodge is conducting criminal activity. | 我们认为海勒姆·洛奇在策划犯罪活动 |
[00:16] | You’re in a unique position to help us take him down. | 你是帮助我们扳倒他的重要人物 |
[00:18] | I need some assurance from you. | 我要你向我保证 |
[00:20] | That no matter what happens to Mr. Lodge, | 不管洛奇先生会发生什么 |
[00:21] | my dad is gonna be okay. | 我爸都不会受牵连 |
[00:22] | I can protect your father. | 我可以保护你的父亲 |
[00:24] | But effective immediately, | 南区高中要闭校了 |
[00:25] | Southside High School is shut down. | 即刻生效 |
[00:27] | Well, it’s done. | 搞定了 |
[00:28] | After a few weeks, we’ll quietly go about | 几周之后 我们就会不露声色地 |
[00:30] | purchasing the land beneath Southside High. | 着手购买南区高中下的地皮 |
[00:33] | And you’ll get your sizable donation | 而你会为你的再次竞选 |
[00:35] | to your re-election campaign. | 划到一笔数额可观的捐赠 |
[00:36] | Daddy, this is… | 爸 这是… |
[00:38] | Archie Andrews. | 亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[00:39] | The boy who has captured my daughter’s heart. | 就是你俘虏了我女儿的心 |
[00:41] | I hope we can respect each other. | 我希望我们能尊重彼此 |
[00:43] | Of course, Mr. Lodge. | 当然了 洛奇先生 |
[00:44] | No more sneaking into my daughter’s bedroom. | 不可以溜进我女儿的卧室 |
[00:47] | Ever. | 永远 |
[00:48] | You wanted me to get a job, Cheryl, and I did. | 你让我找份工作 谢丽尔 我做到了 |
[00:50] | Providing comfort and companionship | 为河谷镇寂寞的男人 |
[00:52] | to the lonely men of Riverdale. | 提供安慰和陪伴 |
[00:54] | You remember that baby my mom put up for adoption? | 你记得我妈送给别人领养的孩子吗 |
[00:57] | Hey! Let go of my brother. | 放开我兄弟 |
[01:00] | You’ll be safe here. | 你在这很安全 |
[01:06] | One week after Riverdale High’s | 河谷镇高中吞并南区高中后 |
[01:08] | absorption of its Southside counterpart, | 一周过去了 |
[01:10] | and everything was the same. | 一切如旧 |
[01:15] | And nothing was the same. | 而万事俱变 |
[01:18] | Take Archie Andrews. | 比如亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[01:19] | On the surface, he’s getting ready for basketball tryouts, | 表面上他在为篮球选拔赛做准备 |
[01:22] | as he does every winter. | 他每个冬天都如此 |
[01:25] | But underneath, he was churning, | 但冰山之下 他的世界暗潮涌动 |
[01:27] | his life in chaos | 联调局的意外到访 |
[01:29] | after an unexpected visit from the Feds. | 让他的生活陷入了混乱之中 |
[01:31] | Meanwhile, the town was preparing to honor | 与此同时 小镇正在筹备对它的创建人 |
[01:34] | its founding father, General Augustus Pickens. | 奥古斯塔斯·皮肯斯将军的纪念活动 |
[01:38] | Mr. Jones, eyes up front. | 琼斯先生 抬头看 |
[01:41] | Thank you, Mrs. Haggly. | 谢谢您 海格丽老师 |
[01:45] | As I was saying, | 正如我所说 |
[01:47] | each year, we honor the memory of General Pickens, | 每年我们都会纪念皮肯斯将军 |
[01:49] | yet few know the truth. | 但很少人知道真相 |
[01:53] | That it was my great-great-great-grandpappy | 这是我的曾曾曾祖父 |
[01:56] | Colonel Barnabas B. Blossom, | 巴拿巴斯·B·布鲁森上校 |
[01:57] | who bankrolled General Pickens’ settlement of, | 为皮肯斯将军提供了住所 |
[02:00] | “…an Eden along the river of Sweetwater, | “甜水河畔的伊甸园 |
[02:03] | where maple trees grow taller than the steeples | “那里的枫树长得比欧洲 |
[02:05] | of Europe’s grandest cathedrals” | 最宏伟教堂的尖塔还高” |
[02:07] | Which is why every year I petition the mayor’s office | 正因如此 我才每年都向镇长办公室请愿 |
[02:10] | 巴拿巴斯·布鲁森上校之日 | |
[02:10] | to rename Pickens Day. | 重新命名”皮肯斯之日” |
[02:12] | Thank you for that, Cheryl. | 谢谢你的演讲 谢丽尔 |
[02:16] | Mr. Jones, | 琼斯先生 |
[02:17] | we look forward to your oral history report next week. | 我们期待你下周的历史课演讲 |
[02:20] | The students we transferred to Riverdale High are fine, | 我们转移到河谷镇高中的学生倒还好 |
[02:23] | but their parents are in my office, | 但他们的家长每天都到我办公室来 |
[02:25] | every day, wanting me to reopen Southside High. | 希望我重启南区高中 |
[02:28] | Which is why we’ve been discussing how our new neighborhood | 所以我们才在讨论怎样让我们的新邻居 |
[02:32] | could use something positive to focus on. | 关注一些更正能量的东西 |
[02:34] | With your blessing, we’d like to make Pickens Day | 承蒙祝福 我们希望将皮肯斯之日 |
[02:36] | bigger, more of a celebratory event. | 举办得更隆重 更有庆祝活动的样子 |
[02:39] | Sponsored by Lodge Industries. | 由洛奇实业赞助 |
[02:40] | And Andrews Construction co-sponsoring. | 以及安德鲁斯建筑公司联合赞助 |
[02:43] | You mean you wanna turn Pickens Day | 你们是想把皮肯斯之日变成 |
[02:45] | into a commercial for your SoDale project | 对于改造谷镇项目的商业宣传 |
[02:47] | like your open house? | 就像你们的开放日 |
[02:49] | Au contraire, Madam Mayor. | 恰恰相反 镇长大人 |
[02:51] | The open house was for investors, | 开放日是为投资者准备的 |
[02:54] | but this event would be for North and Southsiders alike. | 但这场活动专为北区和南区的居民准备 |
[02:58] | Two halves of a whole coming together– | 两边的人齐聚一堂… |
[03:00] | And trying to distract people with a party? | 就用场聚会转移人们的注意力吗 |
[03:01] | What if it backfires and things get violent? | 万一适得其反造成了暴力冲突呢 |
[03:03] | No. What about the Serpents? | 不 还有毒蛇帮呢 |
[03:05] | They’ve been quiet lately, but they’re wild cards | 他们最近很老实 但他们是危险分子 |
[03:07] | and they could cause trouble. | 可能会来找麻烦 |
[03:08] | We’ve thought of that. | 我们考虑到了这点 |
[03:09] | And so we’ve offered to hire them as security for the event. | 所以我们提出雇他们来当活动安保 |
[03:11] | Fred, you’re on board with this? | 费雷德 你也同意吗 |
[03:13] | FP told me the Serpents are looking for work, | FP告诉我毒蛇帮在找活干 |
[03:16] | figured we’d let ’em keep the peace. | 估计这样就能让他们保持和平 |
[03:18] | I’m sure you had your reasons for closing down Southside High, | 我肯定你关闭南区高中有自己的理由 |
[03:21] | but this is an opportunity to let the Southside know | 但这是个告诉南区人 |
[03:24] | that you’re not turning your back on them. | 你没有背叛他们的机会 |
[03:25] | Hey, Dad. | 爸 |
[03:27] | Hey, bud. | 儿子 |
[03:28] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[03:29] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[03:30] | Mind if I join you guys? | 介意我加入你们吗 |
[03:31] | Actually, we were just finishing up. | 其实我们刚好吃完了 |
[03:34] | Thanks, Fred, for having us. | 谢谢你款待我们 费雷德 |
[03:36] | Madam Mayor, you’ll let us know in the morning? | 镇长大人 明早通知我们好吗 |
[03:39] | Hey, Mr. Lodge. | 洛奇先生 |
[03:41] | Excuse me, Archie. | 失陪了 亚奇 |
[03:47] | Oh, um, I’d kiss you, but you’re sweaty. | 我想亲你 但你一身汗臭味 |
[03:51] | So, how long do you plan on staying with us, Chic? | 你打算和我们待多久 奇克 |
[03:55] | For as long as he wants. | 想待多久待多久 |
[03:56] | I’m just trying to plan my life, Alice. | 我只是想规划我的生活 艾丽丝 |
[03:59] | And since we’re not getting any answers about anything… | 既然我们得不到任何问题的答案 |
[04:03] | What would you like to know, Hal? | 你想知道什么 哈尔 |
[04:05] | For starters, Betty brought you here all bloody. | 首先 贝蒂带回来的你满身是血 |
[04:08] | Why? What happened? | 为什么 发生了什么 |
[04:09] | Dad. | 爸 |
[04:10] | You don’t have to, Chic. | 你不必回答 奇克 |
[04:14] | The person who attacked me, his name’s Marcel. | 袭击我的那个人叫马塞尔 |
[04:17] | He runs the hostel. | 他是管旅馆的 |
[04:18] | Sometimes, he books clients for us. | 有时候他会为我们约客人 |
[04:21] | The night you showed up, Betty, I wasn’t in the mood to work. | 贝蒂 你出现的那晚 我本无心工作 |
[04:24] | Marcel was trying to convince me otherwise. | 马塞尔想逼我顺从 |
[04:26] | So, what, uh… what kind of clients? | 是什么样的客人 |
[04:29] | Hal! | 哈尔 |
[04:30] | – No, I wanna know, too. – Betty. | -别 我也想知道 -贝蒂 |
[04:32] | All kinds. | 各种各样 |
[04:33] | Ranging from nice to, hell, even nastier than Marcel. | 从好人到比马塞尔还下流的混蛋 |
[04:36] | I can go into specifics if you’d like. | 如果你们想听 我可以详细说说 |
[04:40] | I’ve also got a pretty good collection of scars I could show you. | 我身上还有不少伤疤可以给你们看看 |
[04:43] | I have scars, too. | 我也有伤痕 |
[04:45] | Crescent moons on my palms. | 手掌上 新月形的 |
[04:47] | From digging your nails in. | 因为指甲陷进去了 |
[04:49] | Yeah, I used to do that, too. | 我以前也总是这样 |
[04:54] | Syrup. | 糖浆 |
[04:59] | If and when the US government | 假如当美国政府 |
[05:01] | brings actions against Hiram Lodge | 在任何国内法庭 |
[05:03] | before any domestic court of law, | 对海勒姆·洛奇提出控告时 |
[05:06] | that agreement ensures your father’s immunity. | 这个协议确保了你父亲的豁免权 |
[05:08] | This is nuts. | 太荒唐了 |
[05:09] | The Lodges were just at my house planning a party. | 洛奇一家刚刚到我家策划派对 |
[05:12] | When was this? Who was there? | 什么时候 都有谁在场 |
[05:13] | Last night. | 昨天晚上 |
[05:15] | And it was Mr. And Mrs. Lodge, my dad, | 有洛奇夫妇 我爸 |
[05:17] | the sheriff, Mayor McCoy. | 警长 麦克伊镇长 |
[05:20] | That’s it. | 就这些 |
[05:20] | Why weren’t you a part of this? | 你为什么没有参加 |
[05:22] | Because I was playing basketball. | 因为我当时在打篮球 |
[05:23] | Agent Adams, what can we do to speed things up? | 亚当斯探员 我们怎么才能加快进度 |
[05:26] | I just… I wanna get through this | 我 我想搞定这件事 |
[05:28] | and back to my life, my normal life. | 然后恢复我的生活 正常的生活 |
[05:30] | Do you have any relationship with Hiram Lodge, | 你和海勒姆·洛奇有什么关系吗 |
[05:32] | directly with him? | 直接交往 |
[05:35] | Nothing. He doesn’t even like me. | 没有 他根本不喜欢我 |
[05:36] | Then let’s change that. | 那就改变现状 |
[05:38] | You have to establish trust. | 你必须建立信任 |
[05:39] | Get him to lower his guard around you. | 让他在你身边放下戒备 |
[05:41] | The sooner you get access to his inner circle, | 你越早接近他 |
[05:44] | the sooner we’ll get what we need to bring him in. | 我们就能越早掌握抓他的证据 |
[05:46] | And then, you can go back | 到那时你就能回去 |
[05:48] | to playing in the band with your pals ‘n’ gals. | 和你的小伙伴们继续玩耍了 |
[05:54] | Well, he’s very fetching for someone | 作为在贫民区长大的人 |
[05:56] | who was living on Skid Row. | 他长得很迷人啊 |
[05:58] | Yeah, he’s a hottie who | 他确实很帅 |
[05:59] | looks incredibly familiar to me, by the way. | 而且顺便说一下 我觉得特别眼熟 |
[06:01] | Your adventures in the woods? | 你在森林历险的时候见过 |
[06:02] | I don’t know, but maybe if | 不知道 不过如果 |
[06:04] | we were allowed to meet this hottie in person… | 你让我们亲眼见见这个小帅哥 |
[06:06] | Chic’s still acclimating. | 奇克还在适应新环境 |
[06:07] | And I’m trying to get him to trust me, | 我在努力让他信任我 |
[06:09] | but my mom is treating him like he’s a ten-year-old | 但我妈把他当成十岁的小孩 |
[06:12] | and my dad’s acting like he’s the devil’s spawn. | 而在我爸眼里他就是恶魔之子 |
[06:14] | Well, I have an amazing idea. | 我有个好主意 |
[06:17] | Bring The Omen to Pickens Day and we can all meet him. | 带小天魔来庆祝皮肯斯之日 我们就能见了 |
[06:19] | Everyone’s coming, right? | 大家都会来 对吧 |
[06:20] | No, because the Serpents weren’t invited. | 不 因为毒蛇帮没有收到邀请 |
[06:22] | The Serpents were specifically asked to come. | 我们特别邀请毒蛇帮来了 |
[06:24] | Yeah, to provide security. | 是来提供安保的 |
[06:26] | It’s like we’re all on the Snowpiercer train, | 就好像我们都是雪国列车的乘客 |
[06:28] | but the Serpents happen to be the ones | 而毒蛇帮却不幸成为了 |
[06:30] | eating the cockroaches. | 吃蟑螂的那群人 |
[06:31] | You don’t have to work if you don’t want to. | 如果你们不愿意的话可以不工作 |
[06:33] | The damage, as they say, has already been done. | 就像他们说的 损失已经无法挽回了 |
[06:36] | Talk to you guys later. | 晚点再聊 |
[06:38] | Plans with Toni? | 和托妮有约 |
[06:39] | Uh, yeah, I’m interviewing her grandfather | 我要采访她祖父 |
[06:42] | for my oral history report. | 来准备历史课演讲 |
[06:43] | The oldest living Serpent. | 在世最老的毒蛇帮成员 |
[06:51] | Archie, what is it? | 亚奇 怎么了 |
[06:52] | Look, I feel stupid even talking about this, | 提起这件事我就觉得自己很蠢 |
[06:55] | but… It’s about your dad. | 可是 是你爸爸的事 |
[06:59] | I kind of get the feeling he doesn’t really like me. | 我感觉他好像不太喜欢我 |
[07:02] | What? | 什么 |
[07:04] | No, that’s not… That’s not true. | 不 才没 才没有呢 |
[07:09] | Okay, maybe it’s a little true, | 好吧 可能是有一点 |
[07:11] | but it’s not anything you’re doing, per se, | 但本质上来说不是因为你做了什么 |
[07:13] | it’s more that… | 主要是因为 |
[07:15] | Well, for starters, you don’t speak Spanish. | 首先 你不会说西班牙语 |
[07:17] | I can drop French and start taking Spanish. | 我可以把法语课退掉 改学西语 |
[07:20] | This is really bothering you, isn’t it? | 这件事让你很烦恼 是吗 |
[07:23] | To be honest, yeah. | 说实话 是的 |
[07:24] | Do you have any suggestions on what I can do? | 你觉得我能做什么 |
[07:27] | To endear yourself to Daddy? | 让爸爸喜欢你 |
[07:32] | Well, now that we’re talking about it. | 既然说起来了 |
[07:36] | What, your dad likes wrestling? | 怎么 你爸喜欢摔跤 |
[07:37] | He was captain of Riverdale High’s | 他以前是河谷镇高中 |
[07:39] | wrestling team back in the day. | 摔跤队的队长 |
[07:41] | Says it changed his life. | 他说摔跤改变了他的一生 |
[07:43] | Now that the season’s starting back up, it’s like | 赛季开始以后 我妈和我 |
[07:46] | my mom and I are background extras in the movie Foxcatcher. | 就像电影《狐狸猎手》里的背景临演一样 |
[07:49] | Wrestling? Really? | 摔跤 真的吗 |
[07:52] | Lodge Industries basically bankrolls the team. | 洛奇实业为摔跤队提供资金 |
[07:54] | He was just talking to his old coach | 他最近刚和老教练聊过 |
[07:56] | asking if he could sit in on tryouts. | 问他能不能去看选拔赛 |
[07:59] | God, Ronnie, you know what’s super weird? | 天呐 罗尼 太诡异了 |
[08:02] | I was just telling Reggie how I was gonna take a break | 我刚刚才和雷吉说过我今年想 |
[08:04] | from basketball this year to try something new. | 放下篮球 尝试新的运动 |
[08:06] | It would absolutely score you some points with my dad. | 这样绝对会在我爸面前加分的 |
[08:10] | Thanks again for meeting with me. | 再次感谢您和我见面 |
[08:12] | Toni told me that you’re | 托妮告诉我你是 |
[08:13] | one of the founding members of the Serpents. | 毒蛇帮的创始成员之一 |
[08:15] | Yes. The snake, the laws, | 没错 毒蛇 法则 |
[08:17] | it’s all based on Uktena tradition. | 都是基于犹克特纳传统 |
[08:20] | Who were the Uktena? | 犹克特纳是什么人 |
[08:24] | Uktena is a serpent, | 犹克特纳是一条蛇 |
[08:25] | a horned serpent, a water serpent. | 长角的蛇 水蛇 |
[08:28] | Before there was a Riverdale, | 河谷镇建立之前 |
[08:30] | all this land belonged to the Uktena. | 这片土地都属于犹克特纳 |
[08:32] | How did the Uktena evolve into the Serpents? | 犹克特纳是怎么演化成毒蛇帮的 |
[08:36] | The Uktena, we didn’t evolve. | 犹克特纳 我们没有演化 |
[08:40] | We were all slaughtered. | 我们都被屠杀了 |
[08:42] | When my grandpa was a baby, there was a raid, | 我祖父小的时候 发生了一次突袭 |
[08:45] | and it was led by your hero over there, General Pickens. | 领导人就是你们的英雄 皮肯斯将军 |
[08:48] | The battle, if you want to call it that… | 那场所谓的战斗 |
[08:53] | only lasted for 12 minutes, | 只持续了12分钟 |
[08:55] | but the slaughter was total and savage. | 但屠杀彻底而野蛮 |
[08:58] | The General Pickens… | 就是那位皮肯斯将军吗 |
[09:00] | whose statue stands proudly in Pickens Park? | 他的雕像骄傲地站立在皮肯斯公园 |
[09:03] | Yes, and every year the Northside | 是啊 每一年北区 |
[09:05] | honors this man who massacred children. | 都会纪念这个人屠杀儿童的人 |
[09:07] | When my grandpa died, | 我祖父去世的时候 |
[09:09] | we formed the Serpents as a way to keep the family together. | 我们建立毒蛇帮来维持家族完整 |
[09:12] | How do people not know about this? | 人们怎么会不知道这件事呢 |
[09:13] | Well, some do, but… | 有些人知道 但是 |
[09:15] | It’s called the whitewashing of history, Jones. | 这叫做掩盖历史 琼斯 |
[09:19] | What, did you think Jason Blossom was the first person | 怎么 你觉得杰森·布鲁森是河谷镇 |
[09:22] | to be murdered in Riverdale? | 第一个被谋杀的人吗 |
[09:28] | You know I’m down to help, | 你知道我很愿意帮忙 |
[09:29] | but why can’t it just be | 但是为什么就不能 |
[09:30] | the two of us singing a duet at Pickens Day? | 我们俩在皮肯斯之日来个二重唱 |
[09:33] | I mean it could be, | 也可以啊 |
[09:35] | but the Pussycats are a brand. | 但是猫女是个品牌形象 |
[09:37] | Why let it sit fallow? | 为什么要白白浪费呢 |
[09:41] | Josie. Veronica. | 乔茜 维罗尼卡 |
[09:43] | What’s this all about? | 这海报是怎么回事 |
[09:45] | We are bringing back the Pussycats to play Pickens Day. | 我们要集结猫女组合一起去参加皮肯斯之日 |
[09:48] | And whose idea was that? | 这是谁的主意 |
[09:50] | Uh, it was Veronica’s. | 是维罗尼卡的主意 |
[09:52] | Weren’t we focusing on your solo career? | 我们不是要专注于你的独唱生涯吗 |
[09:54] | We could bill it as a special event, one night only. | 我们可以宣传为特别演出 仅此一晚 |
[09:58] | I was talking to my daughter. | 我是在跟我女儿说话 |
[10:00] | In fact, why don’t we continue this conversation later | 不如等晚点只有我们两个人的时候 |
[10:03] | when it’s just the two of us? | 再继续聊这件事吧 |
[10:12] | Hey, Kev, what’s up? | 小凯 什么事 |
[10:14] | Are you somewhere secure where you can talk? | 你现在方便说话吗 |
[10:16] | Yeah, why, what is it? | 方便 怎么了 什么事 |
[10:17] | Betty, I– I just remembered where I know Chic from. | 贝蒂 我刚想起在哪看到奇克的了 |
[10:19] | He’s a video gigolo, a webcam boy, a cyber-trick. | 他是个网聊的小白脸 网络骗子 |
[10:28] | 河谷镇 | |
[10:43] | Mom… | 妈 |
[10:45] | a really weird thing happened | 我昨晚在乔茜家的时候 |
[10:48] | when I was at Josie’s last night. | 发生了一件很奇怪的事 |
[10:49] | Mayor McCoy was acting like I was a bad seed, | 麦克伊镇长把我当不良分子一样来对待 |
[10:52] | out to corrupt her daughter. | 好像我会带坏她女儿似的 |
[10:53] | I don’t believe Sierra is comfortable | 我不敢相信塞拉 |
[10:56] | with how we’ve let you become involved in the family business. | 对我们让你参与家族生意完全没意见 |
[10:59] | Why does she even care? | 她为什么会在意 |
[11:00] | Maybe she’s afraid you’re gonna tell Josie. | 也许她怕你会告诉乔茜 |
[11:02] | – I would never. – Of course not, mija. | -我绝对不会的 -当然了 亲爱的 |
[11:05] | And I’m not making excuses for Sierra. | 我也不会替塞拉找借口的 |
[11:09] | In fact, | 其实 |
[11:11] | should her coldness persist, | 她就继续保持冷漠吧 |
[11:14] | I’ll happily have a conversation with her. | 我会很乐意找她谈谈 |
[11:28] | I thought basketball was your sport. | 你不是最喜欢打蓝球吗 |
[11:31] | I’m branching out. | 我要拓宽运动路线 |
[11:33] | What are you doing here, Mr. Lodge? | 你怎么来了 洛奇先生 |
[11:35] | Just checking out the team. | 只是来看看摔跤队 |
[11:37] | You know, I wrestled in high school. | 高中的时候我也玩过摔跤 |
[11:38] | Really? No, I didn’t know that. | 是吗 我不知道 |
[11:40] | What weight class are you in? | 你的重量级别是什么 |
[11:41] | 175, but I’m trying to get down to 170. | 175 但是我现在想降到170 |
[11:44] | Hey, Andrews. It’s a good thing you’re not in my weight class. | 安德鲁斯 幸好你和我不是同一个重量级别 |
[11:47] | I’d wreck you, Gingerbread Man. | 不然我会撂倒你的 姜饼人 |
[11:52] | Let’s bring it in. | 大家集合 |
[11:57] | Firstly, I want to thank a gentleman | 首先 我要感谢一位先生 |
[12:00] | who’s really showing his support for the team this year. | 今年他很支持这个摔跤队 |
[12:02] | He wrestled for me my first year as coach. | 在我担任教练的第一年 他参加过摔跤 |
[12:05] | That is Hiram “The Ram” Lodge. | 就是这位真男子海勒姆·洛奇 |
[12:08] | Guys, let’s show him some appreciation. | 各位 大家给他一点掌声吧 |
[12:17] | Now listen up. | 大家听好了 |
[12:19] | Not everyone’s gonna make the team this year. | 今年不是每个人都能参加摔跤队 |
[12:21] | There’ll be cuts every day, boys, | 每天都会有裁减 小子们 |
[12:23] | so make each match count. | 所以大家全力以赴每一个比赛吧 |
[12:26] | All right. Pair off. | 好了 两人一组 |
[12:27] | Up and downs. Let’s go. | 上下组合 开始吧 |
[12:31] | Archie. You do know wrestling’s | 亚奇 你知道摔跤 |
[12:33] | not like football or basketball, right? | 和足球篮球不一样吧 |
[12:35] | I went up against Moose in the Oklahoma Drill, Kev, | 我参加俄克拉荷马训练时对战过穆斯 小凯 |
[12:37] | I’m good. | 我可以的 |
[12:51] | Thatta boy. | 好样的 |
[12:53] | Okay, reset. Again. | 重新再来 |
[13:08] | It felt so good, Betty. | 那感觉真爽 贝蒂 |
[13:10] | It’s like, yeah, Archie, | 就像是亚奇 |
[13:11] | you have the physique of a 1970s porn star, | 有一副七十年代色情明星的身材 |
[13:13] | but that doesn’t mean you can wrestle. | 但并不意味着你适合摔跤 |
[13:15] | Speaking of porn stars… | 说到色情明星 |
[13:16] | Did you get lost down a webcam rabbit hole last night? | 昨晚你在网络兔子洞里迷失了吗 |
[13:19] | It’s… fascinating. | 实在是引人入胜 |
[13:21] | I brought Chic home to help my mom | 我不知道奇克的身份 |
[13:24] | without knowing who he was, | 就带他回家帮我妈 |
[13:25] | and now to find out he’s actually multiple people, | 现在却发现他其实有多重身份 |
[13:29] | performing online. | 在网上表演 |
[13:31] | How do I broach that with him? | 我要怎么和他提这个问题 |
[13:33] | Do I broach that with him? | 我要和他提这个问题吗 |
[13:36] | Hey, am I interrupting? | 打扰你们了吗 |
[13:38] | – Yeah, kinda– – No. | -是的 -没有 |
[13:39] | I just wanted to run some stuff by you, but I can come back. | 我只是想你做一些事情 但我可以晚点再来 |
[13:41] | No, no, no, it’s fine. | 不不不 没事 |
[13:45] | By the way, I’m really digging Kevin’s new gossip column. | 话说 我对凯文新的八卦专栏很感兴趣 |
[13:50] | Readers love it. | 读者都很喜欢 |
[13:51] | And I needed to fill the extra space when you… | 我要填补额外的空档 |
[13:55] | I’m actually working on a story right now. | 其实我现在正在写一个故事 |
[13:57] | Here. | 给 |
[13:59] | When I interviewed Toni’s grandfather for history class, | 我因为历史课去采访托妮的祖父时 |
[14:01] | he had some pretty intense things to say | 他对皮肯斯将军的看法 |
[14:03] | about General Pickens. | 相当得激烈 |
[14:05] | But then I did some follow-up research. | 然后我做了一些后续研究 |
[14:07] | General Pickens was hired by Barnabas Blossom | 皮肯斯将军受雇于巴拿巴·布鲁森 |
[14:10] | to remove the Uktena tribe by force. | 以武力铲除犹克特纳部落 |
[14:12] | Betty, he killed | 贝蒂 他杀死了 |
[14:14] | 400 innocent men, women and children. | 四百名无辜的男女老少 |
[14:17] | Oh, my God! That’s horrible. | 天呐 太残忍了 |
[14:19] | And adding salt to the wound, | 并且还在伤口上撒盐 |
[14:20] | the last remnants of the tribe, the Serpents, | 该部落最后的幸存者 就是毒蛇帮 |
[14:22] | are being squeezed out of existence. | 现在正处于被灭绝的边缘 |
[14:24] | Toni’s grandfather lives in a trailer | 托妮的祖父住在一辆 |
[14:26] | the size of a broom closet. | 只有杂物室大小的拖车里 |
[14:28] | And Hiram Lodge is honoring this murderer | 而海勒姆·洛奇不仅不试图做出补偿 |
[14:30] | instead of trying to make amends. | 还要纪念这个谋杀犯 |
[14:31] | I think it’s a story we need to tell. | 我认为我们要把这个故事告知天下 |
[14:35] | Are you gonna try to get a quote from Hiram Lodge? | 你想要引用海勒姆·洛奇的话吗 |
[14:38] | Kevin told me what happened. | 凯文把事情都告诉我了 |
[14:44] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[14:45] | I’m fine. A bruised ego more than anything. | 我没事 就是自尊心有点受挫 |
[14:48] | But Kevin’s gonna work with me, get me up to speed. | 但是凯文会跟我一起 帮我跟上进度 |
[14:50] | Great. | 好啊 |
[14:52] | But should you not be a natural-born wrestler, | 但如果你不是天生的摔跤手 |
[14:55] | I thought of another way you might curry my father’s favor. | 我想到另一个讨好我父亲的方法 |
[14:58] | Though Pickens Day is | 虽然他对皮肯斯之日 |
[14:59] | taking a back seat to his wrestling obsession, | 没有对摔跤那么痴迷 |
[15:02] | he will be there. | 他还是会去的 |
[15:03] | And I suspect he’d be | 我猜他看见 |
[15:04] | tickled to see you singing with me and Josie. | 乔茜和你我三个人一起唱歌肯定会开心的 |
[15:15] | Chic, hey. | 奇克 |
[15:17] | He threw out my stuff! | 他把我的东西扔出去了 |
[15:18] | What, who did? What stuff? | 什么 谁干的 什么东西 |
[15:20] | Marcel, my landlord, the guy you maced? | 马塞尔 我的房东 你喷胡椒的那个人 |
[15:23] | He got rid of everything. | 他把所有东西都扔了 |
[15:24] | Everything I need to survive. | 一切支撑我活下去的东西 |
[15:25] | My laptop, my camera. | 我的笔记本电脑 我的相机 |
[15:27] | Wait. You went back there | 等等 在他那么对你之后 |
[15:28] | and talked to him after what he was doing to you? | 你还回去跟他说话了吗 |
[15:30] | My entire life was at that hostel. | 我生命的全部都在那家旅社 |
[15:32] | Like my mom said, you can stay here as long you want. | 就像我妈说的 你可以一直待在这儿 |
[15:35] | You don’t think this is long-term, do you? | 你不会真的以为这是长久之计吧 |
[15:37] | I don’t know, maybe it can be. | 我不知道 也许是呢 |
[15:41] | If you believe that, | 如果你真信的话 |
[15:42] | then you’re even crazier than I thought. | 那你就比我想像的还要疯狂 |
[15:52] | This is Hiram. | 我是海勒姆 |
[15:53] | Hi, Mr. Lodge? Yeah, this is Jughead Jones. | 洛奇先生 我是猪头·琼斯 |
[15:57] | I’m writing an article about how General Pickens | 我在写一篇文章关于皮肯斯将军 |
[15:59] | massacred the Uktena tribe | 屠杀犹克特纳部落 |
[16:01] | and stole the land you’re building on. | 盗取你正在建造的这片土地 |
[17:02] | I’m sorry he sold all your stuff. | 我很抱歉他把你的东西都卖了 |
[17:27] | What are you guys doing in here? | 你们在这干什么 |
[17:29] | We’re just working on some Pickens Day songs. | 我们在练皮肯斯之日的歌 |
[17:32] | Archie’s agreed to help. | 亚奇同意来帮忙 |
[17:33] | Yeah, but we can take it to the living room– | 是 但我们可以去客厅练 |
[17:35] | No, no. | 不用 |
[17:37] | Not at all. | 不需要 |
[17:38] | I have to say, the thought of you two | 我得承认 之前一想到你们俩 |
[17:41] | being in here alone used to upset me deeply. | 单独在这里 我就很难过 |
[17:45] | But after seeing your performance today, Archie, | 但今天看了你的表现之后 亚奇 |
[17:47] | for some reason I’m less worried. | 不知道怎么的 我没那么担心了 |
[17:49] | Daddy, be nice. | 爸 注意点 |
[17:51] | Not everyone can wrestle. | 不是每个人都可以摔跤的 |
[17:52] | It takes a certain kind of man. | 这需要是某种类型的男人 |
[17:53] | Excuse me, “Man”? | 抱歉 男人 |
[17:54] | My point is there’s no shame, Archie, | 我想说的是 亚奇 |
[17:58] | in admitting defeat. | 承认失败没什么可羞愧的 |
[17:59] | And accepting the fact that you’re more suited to… | 接受这个事实 你更适合 |
[18:03] | singing with the Pussycats. | 和猫女组合一起唱歌 |
[18:04] | Daddy… | 爸 |
[18:06] | Archie may not be a star wrestler yet, | 亚奇也许还不是明星摔跤手 |
[18:09] | but he’s an incredible musician. | 但他是个出色的音乐家 |
[18:13] | And bonus for me, incredibly sexy when he sings. | 另外 他唱歌的时候超级性感 |
[18:18] | Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 亲爱的 |
[18:28] | But on second thought, maybe I shouldn’t be | 但是我又想了想 也许我不该 |
[18:30] | spreading myself too thin these days. | 让自己这段时间这么忙 |
[18:33] | Honestly? | 真的假的 |
[18:34] | Yeah, I should get home, | 真的 我该回家了 |
[18:35] | practice some moves Kevin showed me. | 练习一些凯文教我的动作 |
[18:38] | But I’ll see you at tryouts tomorrow, I hope, Mr. Lodge? | 希望明天选拔赛上见 洛奇先生 |
[18:43] | Yeah. | 好 |
[18:50] | Do you know who used to sit there? | 你知道谁之前坐那儿吗 |
[18:52] | Dad… | 爸 |
[18:53] | Our daughter, Polly. | 我们的女儿 波莉 |
[18:56] | You sit in her chair, you sleep in her bed. | 你坐在她的位子上 睡着她的床 |
[18:59] | You’re filling a void. | 你就是个替代品 |
[19:01] | That’s the reason you’re here, the only reason. | 这就是你在这儿唯一的原因 |
[19:05] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[19:06] | It doesn’t bother me. | 我不在乎的 |
[19:09] | Everyone needs something, right? | 每个人都有所需求 对吧 |
[19:12] | And I don’t expect to stay here for free. | 我没指望能免费待在这儿 |
[19:15] | I never have. | 从没想过 |
[19:23] | We’re focusing on fundamentals today. | 我们今天主要来练习基本的 |
[19:26] | Starting with the fireman’s carry. | 先来肩摔 |
[19:29] | And since it was his signature move back in the day, | 因为这是他原来的招牌动作 |
[19:32] | I’ve asked Hiram Lodge here to demonstrate. | 我邀请了海勒姆·洛奇来做演示 |
[19:35] | Ram, will you do us the honor? | 勒姆 有请 |
[19:39] | All right, then. I need a volunteer. | 好了 我需要个志愿者 |
[19:46] | Archie Andrews. | 亚奇·安德鲁斯 |
[19:50] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[19:56] | – What are you waiting for? – Mr. Lodge? | -你还在等什么 -洛奇先生 |
[19:58] | Come at me. Come on. | 冲着我来 来啊 |
[20:08] | This is a simple but effective move | 当你的对手自以为是时 |
[20:11] | when your opponent gets cocky. | 这是个简单有效的动作 |
[20:13] | Dominating your rival, | 控制你的对手 |
[20:15] | demoralizing him, | 使他丧失信心 |
[20:17] | is the key if you want to win. | 是你胜利的关键 |
[20:21] | Get the message? | 听懂了吗 |
[20:23] | I always win. | 我一直是赢的那一个 |
[20:28] | “General Pickens was a murderer… | “皮肯斯将军是一个杀手 |
[20:31] | and ripples from his gruesome acts | 他那令人毛骨悚然的行为 |
[20:33] | continue to be felt today. | 在今天仍能感受到 |
[20:35] | Descendants of the victims | 受害者的后代 |
[20:36] | are still being displaced. | 仍在流离失所 |
[20:38] | So I challenge the Northside, | 所以我向北区提出质疑 |
[20:40] | instead of honoring men like General Pickens and Hiram Lodge, | 不要表彰像皮肯斯将军或海勒姆·洛奇这种人 |
[20:43] | hold them accountable. | 而是让他们对自己的行为负责 |
[20:45] | Reparations must be paid to men like Thomas Topaz, | 必须赔偿像托马斯·托帕斯那样 |
[20:48] | who are too old and beaten down | 被镇压但年事已高 |
[20:50] | to fight back for themselves.” | 无法为自己反击的人” |
[20:52] | This town is messed up, | 这个镇子一团糟 |
[20:53] | and it needs to own up to its history. | 它需要承认自己的历史 |
[20:55] | My grandfather isn’t some broken-down victim, okay? | 我祖父不是什么衰老的受害者 好吗 |
[20:59] | Or some prop for your insane vendetta against the Northside. | 也不是你疯狂复仇北区的道具 |
[21:03] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[21:04] | Look, I get it. | 我知道 |
[21:07] | You hate the Northside. | 你恨北区 |
[21:09] | You hate that instead of inviting you to a party, | 你恨他们没有邀请你去派对 |
[21:12] | they asked you to work it. | 而叫你去工作 |
[21:14] | It triggers all your rage | 它激发了你对自己 |
[21:16] | about being born on the wrong side of the tracks. But this? | 生在南区的愤怒 但是这个 |
[21:21] | This wasn’t your story to tell. | 这不是你该讲的故事 |
[21:33] | I can’t cancel Pickens Day, | 我不能取消皮肯斯之日 |
[21:35] | but I don’t want you performing at it. | 但我不希望你在那天演出 |
[21:37] | Not with the town riled up over this article. | 至少我不想在整个镇子被这篇文章激怒的状态下 |
[21:39] | What if there’s a riot? | 要是有暴动怎么办 |
[21:40] | No one’s rioting, Mom, | 没人会去闹事的 妈 |
[21:42] | and I promised Veronica. | 我向维罗尼卡保证了 |
[21:43] | Okay, well, I’m sorry. | 好吧 这样的话 我很抱歉 |
[21:45] | You can tell her that the Pussycats | 你可以告诉她 猫女组合 |
[21:47] | aren’t hers to order around. | 不是她能发号施令的 |
[21:49] | Why is Veronica triggering you all of a sudden? | 怎么维罗尼卡让你突然这么激动 |
[21:52] | Baby, let me tell you something about Veronica… | 孩子 我告诉你点关于维罗尼卡的事 |
[21:55] | and her parents | 还有她的父母 |
[21:57] | and the way they do business. | 还有他们做生意的方式 |
[21:59] | And the way they use their daughter to do their business. | 还有他们是怎么利用女儿来做生意的 |
[22:18] | – You’re late. – I’m out. | -你迟到了 -我要退出 |
[22:19] | I’m not performing at Pickens Day. | 我不会在皮肯斯之日那天演出 |
[22:21] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[22:22] | It’s just I don’t like being manipulated by a Lodge. | 我不喜欢被洛奇家操纵 |
[22:26] | What? | 什么 |
[22:27] | Josie, is your mom making you do this? | 乔茜 是你妈让你这么做的吗 |
[22:30] | My mom? | 我妈 |
[22:32] | Whatever she and your parents have going on, | 她和你的父母之间的任何事 |
[22:36] | that’s between them. | 都是他们自己的事 |
[22:37] | She doesn’t want me to be a part of it. | 她不想让我参与这件事 |
[22:38] | My mom says that she may have to do what your parents want, | 我妈说她也许必须得按你父母的想法行事 |
[22:41] | but I don’t have to do what you want. | 不过我没有必要按你的想法行事 |
[22:43] | What? Josie– | 什么 乔茜 |
[23:01] | The cameras aren’t here, Jackie O. | 这里没有摄像头 大明星 |
[23:03] | And what about Jughead’s article? | 你觉得猪头的那篇文章怎么样 |
[23:05] | What about it, Cheryl? | 怎么了 谢丽尔 |
[23:07] | It says that Great-Great- Great-Grandpappy Blossom | 那篇文章说布鲁森曾曾曾祖父 |
[23:09] | hired General Pickens to steal land from the Uktena. | 雇佣了皮肯斯将军 好从犹克特纳盗取土地 |
[23:12] | Well, how do you think | 不然你以为我们怎么 |
[23:13] | we got started in the maple syrup business? | 从枫树糖浆的生意中起家的 |
[23:17] | Help me up. | 扶我起来 |
[23:22] | But then that means our family is partly responsible | 但是 这就意味着我们的家族 |
[23:26] | for killing literally hundreds of people. | 对杀害上百个人有部分责任 |
[23:30] | For what? A bunch of maple trees? | 为了什么 一堆枫树 |
[23:33] | It wasn’t just trees. | 不只是那些树 |
[23:35] | Dark, fertile earth. | 还有富饶的黑土地 |
[23:37] | A mighty river. | 一条大河 |
[23:39] | Back in those early days, we had a hand in everything. | 在过去 每件事情都有我们家族在参与 |
[23:43] | Building the railroads, | 比如修建铁路 |
[23:44] | operating the saloons | 经营酒馆 |
[23:46] | and, yes, even a brothel. | 是的 还有经营妓院 |
[23:49] | The old ways die hard, it seems. | 看上去 积习难改啊 |
[23:59] | You’re definitely getting better, Archie. | 你肯定有在进步 亚奇 |
[24:01] | I appreciate the help. Kevin. You’re a legend. | 我很感谢你的帮助 凯文 你太棒了 |
[24:03] | Anytime. Can I ask you something? | 随时效劳 我能问你件事吗 |
[24:06] | Why wrestling? | 为什么要摔跤 |
[24:08] | Why now? I mean, | 为什么是现在 |
[24:09] | you’re trying to impress Mr. Lodge? | 你在打算给洛奇先生留下好印象吗 |
[24:13] | To be honest, it didn’t start there. | 老实说 一开始不是为了这个的 |
[24:18] | But now… | 但是现在 |
[24:19] | Yeah, it’s like there’s nothing I can do to earn his respect. | 是的 就好像我做什么也赢得不了他的尊重 |
[24:24] | And the more he looks down on me, | 而且他越看不起我 |
[24:25] | the more I want to show him that he’s wrong. | 我就越想向他证明他是错的 |
[24:30] | Yeah, it’s personal now. | 是的 现在是私人恩怨了 |
[24:34] | Why’d you buy me that laptop? | 你为什么要给我买那台笔记本电脑 |
[24:36] | Oh, um, I didn’t. | 我没有买 |
[24:38] | It was just an old computer I had from The Register. | 那只是我之前在报社的一台旧电脑 |
[24:41] | Why’d you come back to get me? | 你为什么要回来接我 |
[24:45] | You’re my brother. | 你是我的兄弟 |
[24:49] | – And my mom was depressed. – No. | -我的妈妈很消沉 -不 |
[24:52] | Sorry, everything is a transaction. | 对不起 一切都是交易 |
[24:56] | No one, not even you, is that nice. | 没有人 甚至是你 也不会那么好 |
[24:58] | So why do you care, Betty? | 所以你为什么要关心我 贝蒂 |
[25:01] | What do you want? | 你想要什么 |
[25:02] | And careful, I’ll know if you’re lying. | 说话小心点 我知道你有没有撒谎 |
[25:05] | To figure out why I am the way that I am. | 为了弄清楚我为什么会是我这样的一个人 |
[25:09] | There’s a darkness in me | 在我的心里有黑暗 |
[25:11] | that I don’t understand. | 我自己也无法理解 |
[25:13] | That scares me. | 我会因此害怕 |
[25:16] | And I thought that maybe if you had it, too, | 我就想 可能你心里也有黑暗 |
[25:19] | which I think you do, | 我觉得你有 |
[25:20] | you’d be able to help me make sense of it. | 你就能帮我理解它 |
[25:24] | I know about the webcamming. | 我知道网聊的事 |
[25:26] | That’s why I got you the computer. | 那就是我要给你这台电脑的原因 |
[25:28] | So if you ever want to talk about that | 如果你想谈谈那个话题 |
[25:31] | or compare scars– | 或者比较一下伤疤 |
[25:33] | No, thanks, I’ll pass. | 谢谢 不用了 |
[25:38] | I told the doorman I was here to see Veronica. | 我告诉门卫我来这里是要见维罗尼卡 |
[25:40] | And I’ll have to speak to Andre about that. | 而且我得跟安德谈谈 |
[25:43] | What is it, Archie? | 到底什么事 亚奇 |
[25:44] | Why don’t you like me, Mr. Lodge? | 你为什么不喜欢我 洛奇先生 |
[25:46] | Why is that? What did I ever do to you? | 为什么会这样 我对你做了什么 |
[25:50] | You’re really asking me that? | 你真的要问我这个 |
[25:52] | You really don’t know? | 你真的不知道 |
[25:53] | Yeah, I am, and, no, I don’t. | 是的 还有我是真不知道 |
[25:56] | Your father | 你的父亲 |
[25:58] | slept with another man’s wife. | 和别人的老婆睡觉 |
[26:00] | And why shouldn’t I assume you have the same weak character? | 我为什么不能假定你也有相同的性格缺点 |
[26:04] | I’m not my dad, Mr. Lodge. I would never– | 我和我爸不一样 洛奇先生 我绝不会 |
[26:07] | Maybe that’s true, but still | 也许这是真的 但还是 |
[26:09] | you’re not good enough for my daughter | 你还是配不上我的女儿 |
[26:12] | in any respect. You’re not worthy. | 从任何一个方面讲你都不配 |
[26:14] | I don’t think that you’ll ever be able to take care of her– | 我不认为你会有能力照顾她 |
[26:16] | I took care of her while you were in prison. | 当你还在监狱里的时候 我就在照顾她了 |
[26:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[26:21] | When she and Mrs. Lodge moved to Riverdale, | 当她和洛奇夫人搬到河谷镇的时候 |
[26:22] | I was there for your daughter when you couldn’t be. | 我在照顾你的女儿 而你没办法做到 |
[26:25] | You would say that to me? | 你竟然对我说这个 |
[26:27] | In my house? | 在我的屋子里 |
[26:29] | What the hell is going on in here? | 到底发生什么事了 |
[26:31] | Veronica… | 维罗尼卡 |
[26:33] | Hey, we were just… | 我们只是在 |
[26:34] | Having some juvenile chest-thumping contest? | 进行某种幼稚的撞胸对峙 |
[26:37] | No, not at all, mija. I just asked | 不 不是这样的 宝贝 我只是 |
[26:40] | Archie to come over and plan some one-on-one training. | 请亚奇来这里计划一些一对一训练 |
[26:43] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:44] | Is that why it looks like you’re about to kill each other? | 这就是你们看上去要杀了对方的原因吗 |
[27:06] | Hello? | 喂 |
[27:07] | Meet me outside in five minutes. | 五分钟后出来见我 |
[27:10] | Mr. Lodge? | 洛奇先生 |
[27:12] | What time is it? | 现在几点了 |
[27:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:39] | You know why I love wrestling, Archie? | 你知道我为什么喜欢摔跤吗 亚奇 |
[27:41] | Because when it’s two men on the mat, | 当两个男人站上那张摔跤垫 |
[27:42] | it doesn’t matter who you are | 你是谁不重要 |
[27:44] | or where you come from, | 你来自哪里 |
[27:46] | or even how strong you are. | 甚至你有多强壮也不重要 |
[27:48] | It’s about sheer will | 重要的是意志力 |
[27:49] | and knowing your opponent. | 和了解你的对手 |
[27:51] | Maybe even better than he knows himself. | 或许比他更了解他自己 |
[27:56] | Which is why, Archie… | 这就是为什么 亚奇 |
[28:01] | you will never win. | 你永远不会赢 |
[28:04] | – What are you talking about? – Veronica… | -你在说什么 -维罗尼卡 |
[28:07] | has a lot on her plate right now. | 现在自顾不暇 |
[28:09] | And I don’t want her worrying about us. | 我不想她为我们担心 |
[28:11] | So after this morning, we can say that I helped you. | 所以今早过后 我们可以说是我帮了你 |
[28:15] | And that we went for a jog | 我们一起去慢跑 |
[28:17] | and we broke bread together. | 我们一起吃了饭 |
[28:18] | And I will tolerate you | 我会一直忍受你 |
[28:23] | until this phase runs its course. | 直到你和她翻篇 |
[28:26] | “Runs its course”? | “翻篇” |
[28:27] | You’re not the first boy who has turned my daughter’s head. | 你不是第一个让我女儿心仪的男生 |
[28:30] | You see, boyfriends, | 你知道 男朋友 |
[28:33] | they come and they go. | 来来去去 |
[28:36] | But fathers… | 但是父亲 |
[28:41] | Fathers are forever. | 父亲是一辈子的事 |
[28:46] | You’re not hungry, mija? | 你不饿吗 亲爱的 |
[28:48] | Is it Archie and your dad? | 在想亚奇和你爸吗 |
[28:50] | No, it’s Josie. | 不 我在想乔茜 |
[28:52] | We got into a fight | 我们吵了一架 |
[28:53] | and she dropped out of Pickens Day. | 她退出了皮肯斯之日 |
[28:56] | I see. | 了解 |
[28:59] | And this is Sierra’s doing, I assume? | 我猜是塞拉造成的 |
[29:02] | That’s it. | 够了 |
[29:05] | I’m taking care of this. | 我来处理 |
[29:06] | No, Mom. It’s like you said, | 不 妈妈 就像你说的 |
[29:08] | our family works differently from other families. | 我们家和其他家庭不一样 |
[29:12] | And if Josie and Mayor McCoy don’t like the way we do business, | 如果乔茜和麦克伊镇长不喜欢我们处事的方式 |
[29:15] | that’s on them. | 那是她们的问题 |
[29:18] | But the show must go on. | 但是表演必须进行 |
[29:21] | I was angry. | 我很生气 |
[29:23] | Because the Southside is our home. | 因为南区是我们的家 |
[29:25] | I’m sick of watching it get dismantled | 我无法忍受看到它 |
[29:28] | piece by piece in front of our eyes. | 在我们眼前被一点点拆除 |
[29:31] | They take our drive-in. | 他们夺走了我们的汽车影院 |
[29:32] | Then they take our school. | 他们夺走了我们的学校 |
[29:33] | I thought you were apologizing. | 我以为你是在道歉 |
[29:37] | I am. | 我是 |
[29:40] | I shouldn’t have used your story | 我不应该用你的故事 |
[29:41] | or what happened to the Uktena against the Northside. | 或是犹克特纳发生的事来对抗北区 |
[29:43] | I had no right… | 我没有权利 |
[29:51] | I had no right. | 我没有权利 |
[29:55] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[29:59] | Whatever your reasons were, | 不论你的理由是什么 |
[30:02] | you opened an old wound. | 你掀开了旧伤 |
[30:06] | Now, something has to be done to heal it. | 现在必须做点什么去治好它 |
[30:09] | Do you have something in mind, Grandpa? | 你有想法吗 祖父 |
[30:33] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[30:35] | Daddy invited me. | 老爸叫我来的 |
[30:36] | He told me it was your last day of tryouts | 他说这是你选拔赛的最后一天 |
[30:38] | and that I should come watch. | 我应该来看看 |
[30:40] | He says you guys had a good talk. | 他说你们聊得很愉快 |
[30:43] | Anyway, not that you need it, but good luck. | 总之 可能你不需要 但祝你好运 |
[30:46] | I’ll be up in the stands, cheering you on. | 我会在看台上为你加油 |
[31:01] | Gather around, boys. | 集合 小伙子们 |
[31:04] | We’re gonna change things up a bit. | 我们要稍稍做些改变 |
[31:06] | First up on the mat is Andrews, | 安德鲁斯第一个上摔跤垫 |
[31:09] | who is going up against Clayton. | 对手是克莱顿 |
[31:13] | Wait. | 等下 |
[31:15] | Coach, isn’t Chuck in a higher weight class than me? | 教练 查克难道不比我更重一级吗 |
[31:17] | Damn, Andrews. You sound like my little sister. | 安德鲁斯 你这话说的好像我的妹妹 |
[31:20] | Come on. Time for Thunderdome. | 来吧 是时候来点腥风血雨了 |
[31:22] | Enough chatter. In the center. Now. | 别聊了 站到中间来 现在 |
[32:02] | Archie. | 亚奇 |
[32:11] | That’s right, Archie. Get him. | 漂亮 亚奇 摔倒他 |
[32:37] | One. Two… | 一 二 |
[32:43] | three! | 三 |
[33:00] | Eat up. | 快吃 |
[33:01] | Can’t have an empty stomach for Pickens Day. | 皮肯斯之日不能有空肚子 |
[33:04] | Especially since it’ll be our first outing as a family. | 更何况这是我们全家人第一次出游 |
[33:07] | Actually, I’m, uh… I’m staying behind. | 其实 我得留下来 |
[33:11] | I have a few odd jobs to catch up on around the house. | 房前屋后有一些零工需要我处理 |
[33:14] | Fine, Hal, I won’t beg. | 好吧 哈尔 我不会奢求 |
[33:16] | Salad. | 沙拉 |
[33:38] | Sierra, I’m so glad you made it. | 塞拉 我很高兴你来了 |
[33:41] | And, Josie, I’m sorry you won’t be singing with us today. | 乔茜 很抱歉你今天不和我们一起唱歌 |
[33:43] | After that article came out, I forbade her to, Hermione. | 那篇文章发出后我不许她唱歌 赫敏 |
[33:46] | I was worried. | 我很担心 |
[33:48] | After all, we can’t be too careful when it comes to our children. | 毕竟 对于我们的子女再小心也不为过 |
[33:58] | That was a surprise, Archie… | 令人惊讶 亚奇 |
[34:00] | your victory over Clayton. | 你赢了克莱顿 |
[34:03] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 |
[34:05] | Are we done, Mr. Lodge? | 可以了吗 洛奇先生 |
[34:11] | Come by the Pembrooke tonight. | 今晚来佩姆布鲁克 |
[34:12] | We should talk about some things. | 我们应该谈些事情 |
[34:14] | I’ll be there, sir. | 我会去的 |
[34:21] | Have you ever had a maple snow-cone? | 你有没有吃过枫糖味的冰激凌 |
[34:23] | I have not. Is it delicious? | 我没有 好吃吗 |
[34:25] | Oh, Chic… Betty, I’m so happy. | 奇克 贝蒂 我好开心 |
[34:30] | Mom, Mom… | 妈 |
[34:30] | Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[34:32] | Hal, I thought you said you weren’t coming. | 哈尔 你不是说你不来么 |
[34:34] | Do you know what you’ve let into our house? | 你知道你让什么人进入了我们的家吗 |
[34:36] | In the room next to Betty’s? | 还让他住贝蒂旁边 |
[34:38] | Would you lower your voice? | 你能小点声吗 |
[34:39] | And what on earth are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[34:40] | I went on your computer, Chic. | 我看了你的电脑 奇克 |
[34:42] | I saw what you were doing online with your clients. | 我看见你在网上和你的客户之间的勾当 |
[34:45] | Dad, stop. | 爸 别说了 |
[34:47] | Stop snooping and stop harassing him. | 不要再调查和骚扰他了 |
[34:49] | And I don’t want to hear it from you. | 我不希望听到你说这话 |
[34:51] | You bring home this… stranger | 你把这个陌生人带回来 |
[34:54] | and move him into Polly’s bedroom? | 让他住进波莉的卧室 |
[34:56] | It’s not Polly’s room anymore, Hal. It’s Chic’s. | 那不是波莉的房间了 哈尔 是奇克的 |
[35:00] | He has to go, Alice, and you know damn well why. | 他必须得离开 艾丽丝 你知道原因的 |
[35:04] | Hal, I swear, I threw you out once, I’ll do it again. | 哈尔 我发誓 我把你赶出去过 我还会这么做 |
[35:15] | I’m so sorry, honey. | 很抱歉 亲爱的 |
[35:17] | Come on. Let’s get some cone. | 走吧 买点冰激凌去 |
[35:22] | Hello, Riverdale. | 河谷镇民大家好 |
[35:24] | Happy Pickens Day. | 皮肯斯之日快乐 |
[35:25] | On behalf of Lodge Industries and Andrews Construction, | 我代表洛奇实业和安德鲁斯建筑公司 |
[35:28] | we are thrilled to kick things off | 本次聚会我们将由我们的最爱 |
[35:31] | with a new twist on an old favorite. | 来为我们表现一个有新意的开场 |
[35:33] | So, Veronica and the Pussycats. | 有请维罗尼卡和猫女组合 |
[36:28] | 尊敬这片土地 | |
[36:53] | Toni? Jughead? What the hell is going on? | 托妮 猪头 怎么回事 |
[36:57] | We’re here representing the dead and the silenced. | 我们代表死去以及被封口的人们 |
[37:01] | Pickens Day is a lie. | 皮肯斯之日是个谎言 |
[37:04] | General Pickens slaughtered the Uktena tribe, | 皮肯斯将军屠杀了犹克特纳部落 |
[37:07] | my grandfather’s family. | 我祖父的家族 |
[37:10] | And this land, the land that we’re standing on, | 我们脚下的这片土地 |
[37:13] | the land that will soon give way to a new Southside, | 即将变成新南区的土地 |
[37:16] | was stolen from them. | 是从他们那里窃取的 |
[37:18] | And we can’t bring them back, | 我们无法把他们带回来 |
[37:20] | but we can and we must honor them. | 但我们必须尊敬他们 |
[37:24] | Hey, folks, hi. Uh… | 乡亲们 |
[37:27] | I think we can all be proud to live in a Riverdale | 有这样的年轻人呼吁正义 |
[37:30] | where young people stand up for justice. | 我们河谷镇的人们应该感到骄傲 |
[37:34] | Where a young woman | 这位年轻女士 |
[37:35] | can defend the honor and legacy of her grandfather. | 愿意守卫她祖父的荣耀和传承 |
[37:38] | And where we can celebrate the living legacy of the Uktena, | 我们可以为活生生的犹克特纳传承而喝彩 |
[37:41] | who contribute to the rich tapestry that is Riverdale, | 她为河谷镇和即将改造河谷的南区的丰富绣帷 |
[37:45] | that is the Southside and that will be SoDale. | 贡献了自己的力量 |
[37:49] | So let’s hear a round of applause for that, am I right? | 大家为她鼓个掌好吗 |
[37:53] | That’s right. What do you say, people? | 没错 大家觉得呢 |
[38:05] | No. | 别 |
[38:20] | How about we get you a proper dessert, Hal? | 吃点可口的甜点吧 哈尔 |
[38:23] | It looks like you could use some company, | 看你还挺孤单的 |
[38:26] | and I’ve got nowhere I need to be. | 反正我也没地方去 |
[38:39] | Can I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[38:42] | Sure. | 可以 |
[38:45] | Betty, I have a confession to make. | 贝蒂 我要坦白一件事 |
[38:49] | The first night I was here, | 我来这的第一晚 |
[38:51] | I came into your room while you were sleeping. | 在你睡觉时来你房间了 |
[38:54] | What? | 什么 |
[38:55] | I kept waking up that night trying to understand, | 我那晚一直醒来 想搞清楚 |
[38:58] | “Why would this girl go back to that place for me?” | 为什么这个女孩要回那种地方找我 |
[39:04] | But I think, maybe, I understand now. | 但我现在好像明白了 |
[39:09] | You’re alone here. | 你在这很孤单 |
[39:14] | We’ll start with why I webcam. | 我先说我为什么做网聊吧 |
[39:18] | One of the reasons is to make money. | 一个是挣钱 |
[39:21] | The other reason is to escape. | 另一个是逃避 |
[39:26] | To pretend to be someone else. | 装作另一个人 |
[39:30] | Yes, but… | 是的 但 |
[39:33] | more than that… | 除此之外 |
[39:37] | it’s a way of getting | 这也是逃避 |
[39:38] | away from the darkness I feel inside me, too. | 我内心黑暗的一种方式 |
[39:48] | Can you show me how to do that? | 你能教我怎么做吗 |
[40:01] | And so, with the stroke of a few keys, | 就这样 键盘动了几下 |
[40:04] | the dark education of Betty Cooper had begun. | 贝蒂·库伯的黑暗教学就开始了 |
[40:08] | And also, perhaps, | 也许吧 |
[40:10] | the criminal apprenticeship of Archie Andrews. | 也是亚奇·安德鲁斯罪犯学徒的开始 |
[40:15] | Let’s start with a blank slate, Archie. | 我们就开门见山了 亚奇 |
[40:17] | Where do you see yourself in five years? | 你五年后有什么打算 |
[40:19] | In college. Hopefully on some type of athletic scholarship. | 上大学 希望能拿到运动类的奖学金 |
[40:24] | To study music? | 学音乐吗 |
[40:26] | No, that was the old me. | 不 那是之前的我 |
[40:30] | Now I’m thinking more like… business. | 我现在想从商 |
[40:37] | Maybe one day I’ll even be able | 说不定有一天 |
[40:38] | to buy back Andrews Construction from you. | 我还能从你手里把安德鲁斯建筑公司买回来 |
[40:42] | Archie, | 亚奇 |
[40:44] | as long as you’re dating Veronica, | 只要你还是维罗尼卡的男朋友 |
[40:47] | I’m going to demand the best from you… | 你就得是最出色的 |
[40:51] | and that requires learning from the best. | 所以你要有个名师 |
[40:53] | How would like to start your business tutelage under my shepherding? | 你愿意让我来指导你从商吗 |
[41:01] | A·亚当斯 | |
[41:09] | Sorry about that, Mr. Lodge. | 抱歉 洛奇先生 |
[41:14] | You mean like an internship? | 你是说实习吗 |
[41:20] | That night, plans would be made… | 那晚 制定了计划 |
[41:22] | …alliances would be formed, | 建立了同盟 |
[41:24] | and a horrifying act of desecration would be committed… | 以及进行了可怕的侮辱行为 |
[41:28] | Must’ve happened late last night or early this morning. | 肯定是昨天深夜或者今天凌晨的时候干的 |
[41:31] | Well, Hiram, Hermione, | 海勒姆 赫敏 |
[41:33] | it’s your show now. | 这归你们了 |
[41:35] | How would you like this handled? | 你们想怎么处理 |
[41:37] | Swiftly, and with extreme prejudice. | 快刀斩乱麻 并带有强烈成见 |
[41:40] | I believe we all know who the most likely suspects are. | 我们都知道嫌疑人应该是哪些人吧 |
[41:44] | I mean, you tell me. | 你们说说 |
[41:46] | Isn’t this something the Serpents would do? | 这不像毒蛇帮会干的事吗 |
[41:48] | …ensuring that the town’s civil war | 来保证小镇的内战 |
[41:50] | would go from a possibility to an inevitability. | 从可能变为必然 |