时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | It’s pleasure to have you high-school mock trialers in my courtroom. | 很荣幸高中模拟法庭的同学们来到我的法庭 |
[00:05] | And so we begin in the matter of the State vs. Fontaine. | 我们现在开始审理方丹的公诉案件 |
[00:09] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[00:11] | My name is Ashley Harper, and I represent the state. | 我是阿什莉·哈珀 公诉方 |
[00:14] | In plain, simple language, | 简单来说 |
[00:16] | this was an act of violence motivated by sheer greed. | 这种行为纯粹是受贪婪驱使 |
[00:19] | We will prove that Robert Fontaine | 我们会证明罗伯特·方丹 |
[00:21] | armed himself with a semiautomatic pistol | 带着半自动手枪 |
[00:24] | and entered estate diamonds jewelry store. | 进入了钻石珠宝店 |
[00:29] | – Judge Harper? – Mom?! | -哈珀法官 -妈妈 |
[00:32] | Oh, my God! Mom?! | 天啊 妈妈 |
[00:33] | – Kathleen? – Oh, my God! | -凯瑟琳 -天啊 |
[00:35] | Someone call 911! | 快打911 |
[00:37] | Ashley. Ashley, let me help her. | 阿什莉 阿什莉 让我来 |
[00:40] | What’s wrong with her? | 她怎么了 |
[00:41] | – What’s wrong with her?! – Kathleen? | -她怎么了 -凯瑟琳 |
[00:43] | Can you hear me? | 听见吗 |
[00:44] | Please, Mr. Thorson, help her! | 求你了 索森先生 救救她 |
[00:46] | Kathleen! | 凯瑟琳 |
[00:48] | Oh, God. No. | 天啊 不要 |
[00:53] | Oh, please, no. | 求你了 不要 |
[00:58] | N-no, ma. I want regular. | 不 妈 我要我之前一直喝的 |
[01:00] | But… no, you can’t have caffeinated beverages | 不行 这么晚了 你不能喝 |
[01:02] | this late in the day, Jane. | 含咖啡因的饮料 简 |
[01:03] | Okay, Maura says I can’t drink it. | 行 莫拉说我不能喝 |
[01:05] | So, can I have an I.V. drip, please? | 那给我挂水吧 |
[01:06] | No, but you can try one of these instead… | 不行 但你可以试试这个 |
[01:09] | My new espresso brownies. | 我新推出的咖啡布朗尼 |
[01:12] | Business is booming! | 生意很火爆 |
[01:14] | Angela, you should really be offering some healthy snacks. | 安琪拉 你应该卖一些健康甜点 |
[01:17] | I do. They just don’t sell. | 我卖了 但是卖不出去 |
[01:20] | Mmm! Maura, come on. | 莫拉 来尝尝 |
[01:22] | Don’t be so virtuous. | 有时要放纵一下 |
[01:27] | Oh, my. | 天 |
[01:28] | See? Look, I sold 45 brownies yesterday. | 看吧 我昨天卖出了45个 |
[01:32] | And I’ve been averaging an extra $100 a week. | 我每周平均能多赚100美元 |
[01:35] | I’m glad you’re saving for retirement, ma. | 很高兴你能存点儿退休金 妈 |
[01:39] | Yeah, me, too. Excuse me, girls. | 我也很高兴 失陪了 姑娘们 |
[01:44] | Did you see her face? | 看到她脸色了吗 |
[01:45] | I think she’s hiding something. | 我觉得她有难言之隐 |
[01:47] | Hey, ma. | 妈 |
[01:48] | I want you to meet Mark, my lawyer. | 这位是马克 我的律师 |
[01:51] | – How do you do? – Mom. | -你好 -妈 |
[01:53] | You look so familiar. | 你看起来真眼熟啊 |
[01:55] | Yeah, well, I’m kind of famous. | 是的 我在这里小有名气 |
[01:56] | Or infamous. | 是臭名昭著吧 |
[01:58] | You’ve seen my commercials. | 你肯定看过我的广告 |
[02:00] | “Mark… the shark.” | 鲨鱼 马克 |
[02:04] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[02:08] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[02:10] | Call me. | 打给我 |
[02:12] | You. | 你 |
[02:13] | You’re the man. | 纯爷们 |
[02:15] | Ladies. | 回见 女士们 |
[02:18] | Do not tell me you hired that man as your lawyer. | 别告诉我你雇了他当你的律师 |
[02:20] | Okay, I won’t tell you, | 行 那我就不告诉你了 |
[02:22] | even though you seem to know already. | 尽管你好像已经知道了 |
[02:23] | “Shark” is from the German word “Schurke,” | “Shark”源自德语”Schurke” |
[02:26] | which means “creedy parasite.” | 意思是贪婪的寄生虫 |
[02:28] | Hear that? “Parasite.” | 听见没 寄生虫 |
[02:30] | Why didn’t you go with Frost’s lawyer?! | 为什么不找弗罗斯特的律师 |
[02:31] | He’s an expert at personal-injury claims. | 他是人身伤害索赔的专家 |
[02:33] | Mark says there’s too many people suing the Storrow Center. | 马克说太多人起诉斯托乐中心了 |
[02:35] | Can you believe even people who weren’t squished | 你相信吗 那些没被压在那个车库的人 |
[02:38] | in that garage want money? | 也想要赔偿 |
[02:39] | Okay, well, thank God you and T.J. | 谢天谢地 你和TJ |
[02:41] | – and Detective Frost weren’t squished. – Yeah. | -还有弗罗斯特警探都安然无恙 -是啊 |
[02:44] | I got to go tell Lydia | 我要去告诉莉迪亚 |
[02:45] | Mark’s about to get me a settlement. | 马克要帮我进行庭外和解 |
[02:47] | You two together? | 你们俩在一起了 |
[02:47] | No, but we will be | 没有 但是将来会的 |
[02:49] | once she knows I can support her and T.J. | 等她知道我能养活她和TJ之后 |
[02:55] | – Oh, my God. – What is it? | -天啊 -怎么了 |
[02:57] | Judge Harper just died in the courthouse. | 哈珀法官刚刚在法庭身亡了 |
[02:59] | Oh, no! | 不会吧 |
[03:02] | I-I’ve testified in front of her. | 我在她的庭上做过证人 |
[03:04] | You knew her? | 你认识她 |
[03:06] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[03:07] | She was one of the good guys. | 她是个好人 |
[03:13] | Judge Harper’s courtroom was on the second floor. | 哈珀法官的法庭在二楼 |
[03:15] | What was she doing up here? | 她上来这里干什么 |
[03:16] | She was a mock-trial advisor. | 她是模拟法庭的导师 |
[03:17] | Well, that explains all the kids in suits. | 怪不得所有小孩都穿着西装 |
[03:19] | I did mock trial. | 我曾经参加过模拟法庭 |
[03:21] | I always wanted to be the bad guy, | 我总想当坏人 |
[03:22] | but they made me the prosecutor. | 可他们非让我当检察官 |
[03:24] | That’s very impressive. | 刮目相看啊 |
[03:28] | It’s highly competitive. | 那个职位竞争很激烈的 |
[03:31] | I never made the team. | 我没能进去过 |
[03:34] | That’s not possible. | 不可能 |
[03:35] | The advisor said I was… “wordy.” | 导师说我 话太多 |
[03:38] | You? | 你吗 |
[03:40] | I knew her husband. | 我认识他丈夫 |
[03:41] | He was a brilliant defense attorney. | 是个出色的辩护律师 |
[03:43] | Died a few years ago. Makes this all the more tragic. | 几年前死了 真是雪上加霜 |
[03:48] | Oh, God. Don’t tell me that’s her daughter. | 老天 别告诉我那是她女儿 |
[03:50] | Afraid it is. | 恐怕是的 |
[03:51] | Oh, no! Was she here when her mother collapsed? | 不要吧 她母亲倒下的时候她在场吗 |
[03:53] | – Yeah. – How did you know she collapsed? | -是的 -你怎么知道她倒下了 |
[03:55] | Subdermal bleeding on both knees. | 双膝皮下出血 |
[03:57] | – Okay, what do we have? – She adjourned her own courtroom at 5:00, | -还有什么情况 -她在五点时休庭 |
[04:01] | and she checked in students when they arrived here 5:10. | 5点10分登记前来的学生 |
[04:04] | …5:25, didn’t come back until after the competition started. | 到5点25分 直到比赛开始后才回来 |
[04:07] | – Where did she go? – Nobody knows. | -她去哪儿了 -没人知道 |
[04:09] | But she left her briefcase here. | 但她把公文包留这里了 |
[04:10] | Okay, let’s have CSRU collect that. | 让罪案现场调查组来取证 |
[04:12] | We’ll go through it later. | 我们回头再处理这事儿 |
[04:14] | She has a broken rib. | 她断了一根肋骨 |
[04:15] | – Did someone give her CPR? – Yeah. | -有人给她做心肺复苏术了吗 -是的 |
[04:16] | Uh, Roger Thorson, the other mock-trial advisor. | 罗杰·索森 另一个模拟法庭导师 |
[04:19] | From what he said, it sounds like she went into convulsions. | 据他说 她像是突发痉挛 |
[04:21] | Convulsions… So if it was a seizure, | 痉挛 那么如果是癫痫 |
[04:24] | are we looking at natural causes? | 这就不是凶案 |
[04:25] | Well, convulsions are a neurological response | 痉挛是一种对刺激的 |
[04:27] | to many stimuli… Physiological, | 神经性反应 包括生理的 |
[04:29] | pharmacological, idiopathic. | 药理的 先天的 |
[04:31] | So, maybe? | 所以有可能咯 |
[04:34] | Hey. Frankie’s been assigned to this? | 弗兰基被分配到这里了吗 |
[04:35] | Yeah, I asked for more help till we can rule out homicide. | 是的 我叫人来帮忙 除非排除是他杀 |
[04:38] | I’m gonna go finish interviewing Roger and the daughter. | 我去向罗杰和死者女儿问话 |
[04:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:41] | There’s a wet, tacky substance on her palm. | 手掌上有湿粘物质 |
[04:44] | Appears to be paint. | 看起来像油漆 |
[04:46] | It’s institutional beige. | 是米黄色 |
[04:47] | I’d describe it as more of a taupe or a sand color, | 我会描述成类似于灰褐色或者沙色 |
[04:50] | perhaps even a muted coral with a hint of abalone shell. | 或者是珊瑚带点鲍鱼贝的柔和色调 |
[04:56] | – Am I being wordy? – A little. | -我是不是又说多了 -有点 |
[05:25] | What do you need? | 需要我做什么 |
[05:27] | There’s paint on the victim’s hand. | 死者手上有油漆 |
[05:29] | Can you find out which area | 能不能找一下法院的 |
[05:29] | of the courthouse was being painted today? | 哪个区域今天被粉刷了 |
[05:32] | – Any idea where to start? – Wherever she was coming from. | -从哪里开始找 -从她来的地方 |
[05:34] | Well, let’s split up. I’ll look, too. | 我们分头找 我也去 |
[05:36] | All right. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[05:39] | Be right back. | 马上回来 |
[05:42] | Roger’s telling me that he and Judge Harper are old friends. | 罗杰说他和哈珀法官是老朋友 |
[05:44] | They went to law school together. | 一起上的法学院 |
[05:45] | Yeah, we had lunch today | 是啊 我们今天一起吃的午饭 |
[05:46] | to prepare for the competition. | 为这次比赛做准备 |
[05:50] | I can’t believe she’s gone. | 不敢相信她就这么去了 |
[05:54] | Ashley… | 阿什莉 |
[05:56] | Did your mom have any medical conditions that you know about? | 你母亲有患有什么病吗 |
[05:58] | No. My mom was really healthy. | 没有 我妈妈很健康 |
[06:02] | Do you know why she wasn’t in the courtroom | 你知不知道为什么比赛开始的时候 |
[06:04] | when you started the competition? | 她不在庭上 |
[06:06] | No. | 不知道 |
[06:08] | I didn’t even see her leave. | 我都没看到她离开 |
[06:11] | I asked Judge Manning if we could wait for her, | 我问曼宁法官我们能不能等她 |
[06:13] | but he… | 但是他 |
[06:15] | He said he’d take away points if I didn’t start. | 他说如果我再不开始会被扣分 |
[06:18] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[06:21] | Is there, uh, someone that can take care of her? | 有人能照顾她吗 |
[06:23] | There’s her grandma that lives with them. | 她外婆跟她们一起住 |
[06:26] | I’ll take her home. | 我会送她回家的 |
[06:28] | Come on, sweetie. | 走吧 亲爱的 |
[06:35] | It’s Frost. | 是弗罗斯特 |
[06:36] | Hey, Frost. Put you on speaker. | 弗罗斯特 我开免提了 |
[06:37] | Frankie found what looks like a left palm print | 弗兰基在东北侧楼梯上发现了 |
[06:39] | on the northeast stairwell | 疑似左手掌纹 |
[06:40] | between the second and third floors. | 在二楼和三楼之间 |
[06:43] | That’s the stairwell closest to this courtroom. | 那是离这个法庭最近的楼梯 |
[06:45] | – Anything else? – Her purse is on the landing. | -还有其他吗 -她的手提包在地上 |
[06:46] | Can you show me? | 让我看看 |
[06:49] | – Where’s her wallet? – Right here. | -钱包在哪儿 -这里 |
[06:51] | Full of cash and credit cards. | 现金和信用卡都在 |
[06:52] | So it wasn’t robbery. | 所以不是抢劫 |
[06:54] | Sergeant Korsak, do you have your magnifying glass? | 科萨克警司 你带放大镜了吗 |
[06:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:00] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[07:01] | I was examining her neck. And I noticed blood. | 我在检查她的脖子 发现了血迹 |
[07:06] | There’s a tiny puncture wound at the base of the skull. | 颅骨底部有一个极小的针孔 |
[07:08] | Could be from a hypodermic needle. | 可能是注射针造成的 |
[07:10] | Someone injected her? | 有人给她注射了什么东西 |
[07:11] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[07:13] | – Appears to be a scratch. – Yeah. From a hypodermic needle. | -像是划伤 -是啊 注射针划的 |
[07:18] | So she fought off someone in the stairwell | 所以她在楼梯间摆脱了某个人 |
[07:21] | who managed to kill her anyway. | 但最终还是被杀了 |
[07:31] | I need to know what was in the syringe that killed her, Maura. | 我想知道她被注射了什么东西死的 莫拉 |
[07:33] | And I can’t tell you. | 还不知道 |
[07:34] | You know how this works. | 你知道程序的 |
[07:35] | How is it that we can put a rover on Mars, | 我们都能把探测器放到火星上去了 |
[07:37] | but the damn crime lab can’t find a toxin | 可该死的犯罪实验室却查不出一种毒素 |
[07:39] | unless we tell them what to look for? | 还得我们告诉他们该找什么 |
[07:40] | NASA lost control of that rover. | 美国宇航局已经对那架探测器失去控制了 |
[07:42] | And science is hard. | 而且科学不是简简单单的事 |
[07:43] | You know, they can’t test for everything. | 他们不能把什么都测一遍 |
[07:45] | I need to narrow it down. | 我得缩小范围 |
[07:46] | There are hundreds of thousands of drugs. | 药物有成百上千种 |
[07:48] | Yes, I know. | 我知道 |
[07:50] | Well, whatever was in that syringe | 注射器里的东西造成了 |
[07:51] | sent her into convulsions, so that should narrow it down. | 她痉挛 应该可以缩小范围了吧 |
[07:54] | Are you questioning my process? | 你是在质疑我的工作手法吗 |
[07:55] | No. | 不是 |
[07:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:58] | Okay, we don’t know what caused the convulsions. | 我们不知道是什么引发的痉挛 |
[08:00] | It could be anything from drugs to household cleaning products, | 可能是任何东西 药物 家用清洁产品 |
[08:03] | pesticides, a chemical. | 杀虫剂 化学药物 |
[08:04] | Okay, okay. I’m not questioning. | 好吧 好吧 我不质疑了 |
[08:06] | You’ll figure it out. | 你会找出来的 |
[08:08] | Did you do the nail scrapings yet? | 做了指甲擦拭了吗 |
[08:09] | Yes. Nothing under the fingernails. | 做了 但是指甲下面没有什么 |
[08:11] | But this scratch on her hand is from the same gauge needle | 但是她手上的划伤和注射用的 |
[08:14] | as the injection. | 是同一个注射针 |
[08:15] | – And she has well-developed gastrocnemii. – Calf muscles? | -她还有非常发达的排肠肌 -小腿肌肉 |
[08:19] | – How did you know? – Well, you pointed, | -你怎么知道 -你指了那里 |
[08:20] | and she has the legs of a runner. | 一看她的腿 就是会跑步的人 |
[08:22] | Yeah, she has an old injury… fracture of the left patella. | 对 她有旧伤 左膝骨折 |
[08:26] | – See the pins? – Yeah. | -看到钢钉了吗 -看到了 |
[08:28] | What does that tell us? | 那说明什么 |
[08:30] | I don’t know yet. | 我还不知道 |
[08:32] | You know she put her husband through law school | 你知道她在做律师助理的时候 |
[08:34] | when she was a paralegal? | 供她丈夫读完了法学院吗 |
[08:35] | Yeah, she was an extraordinary woman. | 知道 她很了不起 |
[08:37] | And now her kid is an orphan. This makes me sick. | 但现在她的女儿成了孤儿 真受不了 |
[08:42] | We’ll get it, Jane. | 我们会查明真相的 简 |
[08:43] | I hope so. It’s just not right. | 但愿吧 只是不应该这样 |
[08:49] | It’s never right. | 世界本不公平 |
[08:52] | She’s got 10 or 15 cases on her docket every day. | 她每天有十到十五个案子 |
[08:55] | Drugs, guns, murder. | 毒品 枪支 谋杀 |
[08:57] | That’s your average day for a felony-trial judge. | 刑事法官就是这样的 |
[08:59] | – Did you go through her briefcase? – Yeah. | -你查过她的公文包了吗 -查过了 |
[09:01] | Mainly research, case law, notes. | 基本都是研究资料 案例法 笔记 |
[09:03] | She was well-organized. | 她很有条理 |
[09:05] | This one’s marked “Extensions,” But it’s empty. | 这个标着”加刑” 但里面是空的 |
[09:08] | Maybe she was reviewing extended sentences. | 也许她正在回顾那些加刑案件 |
[09:10] | She leaves her chambers on the second floor | 她离开二楼的办公室 |
[09:12] | and arrives on the sixth floor at 5:10, | 在五点十分到达六楼 |
[09:14] | talks to her students, | 和她的学生们讨论 |
[09:15] | then leaves the courtroom at 5:25, | 然后在五点二十五分离开法庭 |
[09:17] | but stumbles back in and dies at 5:36. | 但又在五点三十六分回来并死亡 |
[09:20] | Wait, how do you know it was 5:36. | 等等 你怎么知道是五点三十六分 |
[09:22] | The kid who played the court clerk hit the time clock | 当时阿什莉停止了开庭陈述 |
[09:24] | when Ashley stopped her opening statement. | 扮演法庭书记员的那孩子看了看钟 |
[09:25] | Okay, so, we found her stuff in the stairwell, | 好吧 我们在楼梯间找到了她的东西 |
[09:27] | which says to me she was going back to her office. | 说明她正要回办公室 |
[09:30] | She was a runner. | 她喜欢跑步 |
[09:31] | So how long would it take her to run down | 她跑四层楼梯下去再跑上来 |
[09:33] | and back up four flights of stairs? | 要花多长时间 |
[09:38] | – Frost? – Okay. | -弗罗斯特 -怎么了 |
[09:43] | Well, this might be something. | 这也许是个线索 |
[09:44] | She was assigned a high-profile prescription-drug case. | 她被指定审理一件备受关注的处方药案件 |
[09:47] | The defendant was a prominent doctor. | 被告是个名医 |
[09:48] | What, he was selling drugs? | 怎么了 他贩毒了吗 |
[09:49] | Yeah. To the Two-six Gang. | 对 卖给二六帮 |
[09:50] | But his attorney filed a substitution-of-judge motion today. | 但他的律师今天提出了法官回避申请 |
[09:54] | So the doctor didn’t want Judge Harper to hear his case. | 那个医生不想让哈珀法官审他的案子 |
[09:56] | Well, why would he? | 可是为什么呢 |
[09:57] | She was tough on professionals who commit crimes. | 她对犯罪的专业人士很严厉 |
[09:59] | Yeah. And she refused to recuse herself. | 对 而且她拒绝回避 |
[10:00] | So maybe the doctor thought | 所以也许那个医生认为 |
[10:02] | the only way to get Judge Harper off the case was to kill her. | 让哈珀法官远离案子的办法就是杀了她 |
[10:04] | A doctor could cook up a lethal injection. | 医生可以制造致命的注射剂 |
[10:06] | Yeah. | 对 |
[10:08] | 45 seconds. | 45秒 |
[10:10] | – For what? – To run up four flights of stairs. | -做什么 -跑四层楼梯 |
[10:13] | Above and beyond the call of duty, Detective. | 向你致敬 警探 |
[10:18] | So why was the judge gone for 11 minutes? | 为什么法官走了11分钟 |
[10:20] | Did she stop and talk to someone in the stairwell? | 她在楼梯间里跟别人聊天了吗 |
[10:22] | Maybe she knew her killer. | 也许她认识凶手 |
[10:23] | That would explain why the only defensive wound | 这也可以解释为什么唯一的防御伤 |
[10:25] | is the scratch with the needle on her hand. | 是针头在她手上的划痕 |
[10:27] | She reacted too late, after she’d been injected. | 她反应得太晚了 那时她已经被扎针了 |
[10:29] | Where are we on those security cameras? | 监控录像有什么发现 |
[10:31] | The whole building’s covered except the stairwells. | 整栋楼除了楼梯间都有摄像头 |
[10:32] | All right. Go through it all. | 好吧 都看一遍 |
[10:33] | We need an exact list of every | 我们需要一份今天在法院的人的 |
[10:35] | – person that was in the courthouse today. – I’ll help you. | -准确名单 -我会帮你弄到的 |
[10:37] | Thanks, Frankie. | 谢了 弗兰基 |
[10:39] | Jane, did you hear what Tommy did? | 简 你听说汤米的事儿了吗 |
[10:40] | Does it involve a shark? Yeah. | 关于大鲨鱼的那事儿 对 |
[10:42] | What an idiot. | 真是个傻瓜 |
[10:44] | Frost, maybe you can talk to him. | 弗罗斯特 你跟他谈谈吧 |
[10:45] | I tried. He called me after he saw “Mark the shark’s” ad. | 我试了 他看到鲨鱼马克的广告就打给我了 |
[10:48] | If he’d just chill, he’d eventually get six figures, | 如果他耐心一点儿 最终能拿到六位数呢 |
[10:50] | at least that’s what my guy says. | 至少我的律师是这么说的 |
[10:51] | Sounds about right for having to be trapped | 对于被困在坍塌的大楼里八小时的人来说 |
[10:53] | inside a collapsed building for eight hours. | 听上去很合理 |
[10:55] | You guys could have died. | 你们当时很可能就没命了 |
[10:55] | I still have residual pain in my wrist. | 我的手腕现在还疼呢 |
[10:57] | – And Tommy had a head injury. – Yeah. | -而且汤米头部受了伤 -对 |
[11:00] | That’s, uh, Judge Harper’s law clerk. | 那是哈珀法官的书记员 |
[11:02] | I had her come in. | 我让她来的 |
[11:04] | I see why. She’s hot. | 我明白 是个辣妹 |
[11:07] | It’s part of the investigation. | 是查案需要 |
[11:10] | And she’s too smart for you, anyway. | 反正她对你来说太聪明了 |
[11:12] | You have me confused with my brother. | 你把我和我弟弟搞混了 |
[11:15] | Let me do the interview with you. | 让我和你一起去问话吧 |
[11:16] | No. You heard Jane. | 不行 你听到简说什么了 |
[11:18] | I want you to go through all the security footage | 你得把法院所有的监控录像 |
[11:19] | from the courthouse, | 过一遍 |
[11:20] | make a list of all the people that entered and exited. | 把所有进出的人都列出来 |
[11:22] | Check the court dockets, too. | 还有 查一下法庭备忘录 |
[11:27] | Come on, Frost. | 走吧 弗罗斯特 |
[11:30] | I’m gonna try to find where the doctor was | 我得去查查哈珀法官遇害的时候 |
[11:31] | when Judge Harper was being attacked. | 那个医生在哪儿 |
[11:35] | We noticed she had an S.O.J. Motion on her docket. | 我们注意到她的备忘录里有法官回避的申请 |
[11:38] | Did she pass on the legal sufficiency, | 她是依据法律充分性予以驳回呢 |
[11:40] | or did she assign the recusal to another judge? | 还是把回避申请交给其他法官处理了 |
[11:42] | How do you know all that? Are you a lawyer? | 你怎么懂的 你是律师吗 |
[11:44] | No, but he played one in high school. | 不是 但他上高中的时候扮演过律师 |
[11:46] | Oh, you did mock trial. | 你参加过模拟法庭 |
[11:48] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[11:50] | Judge Harper didn’t recuse herself, | 哈珀法官没有回避 |
[11:52] | so the doctor had to go before another judge | 所以那个医生只好去找其他法官 |
[11:54] | for a final ruling. | 做最终裁决 |
[11:55] | – That motion was denied late this afternoon. – Like I said, | -今天下午申请被驳回了 -如我所说 |
[11:58] | killing Judge Harper’s a way to get your case reassigned. | 杀了哈珀法官就能让案件重新分配了 |
[12:01] | I can’t believe anyone would want to kill her. | 我不相信会有人想杀她 |
[12:04] | That doctor was the exception. | 除了那个医生之外 |
[12:06] | There were plenty of defendants | 有很多被告 |
[12:07] | that wanted to be assigned to her courtroom. | 都希望得到她的审判 |
[12:10] | – Why is that? – She believed in rehabilitation | -为什么 -她相信人能改过自新 |
[12:12] | and tried to assign defendants to prison programs | 所有尽量把被告判去 |
[12:15] | that could help them turn their lives around. | 能让他们改过自新的监狱 |
[12:17] | Any attorneys or defendants on her other cases | 有她审理过的其他案件的律师或被告 |
[12:19] | – that were squawking about her? – Just the routine stuff. | -对她有意见吗 -都是小事 |
[12:22] | Any grievances filed against her? | 有人投诉过她吗 |
[12:24] | You’d have to check with the CJC. | 你得去和CJC核实 |
[12:25] | Commission on Judicial Conduct. | 司法行为委员会 |
[12:28] | Thank you, counselor. | 谢谢你 法律顾问 |
[12:32] | When’s the last time you saw Judge Harper? | 你最后一次看见哈珀法官是什么时候 |
[12:34] | Right before 5:30. | 就在五点半之前 |
[12:36] | She ran back into her office | 她跑回办公室 |
[12:37] | – to grab something she’d forgotten. – What was it? | -拿她忘记的东西 -是什么 |
[12:38] | I didn’t ask. | 我没问 |
[12:40] | She was rushing to get back to her daughter’s competition. | 她急着赶回去看她女儿的比赛 |
[12:42] | – When did you leave the courthouse? – Around 5:30. | -你什么时候离开法院的 -大概五点半 |
[12:47] | Oh, come on. I loved my boss. | 拜托 我喜欢我的老板 |
[12:51] | She was one of the few judges that made it possible | 她是提升女性在法律界地位的 |
[12:53] | for women to advance in law. | 少数法官之一 |
[12:58] | Did Judge Harper ever take the stairs? | 哈珀法官平时走楼梯吗 |
[12:59] | Always. She was a fitness nut. | 一直走 她是健身狂 |
[13:02] | Any health problems you know of? | 你知道她有什么健康问题吗 |
[13:06] | Being a judge is stressful. | 当法官压力很大 |
[13:12] | Sometimes she’d complain of dizziness, fatigue. | 有时候她会说头晕 疲劳 |
[13:15] | A few times, she… | 有些时候 她 |
[13:20] | Tell us what you know, Ms. Barlow. | 不要隐瞒 巴罗小姐 |
[13:22] | This is how you can help her. | 这样你才能帮她 |
[13:27] | A few times, it… | 有些时候 |
[13:29] | Seemed like she was slurring her speech. | 她说话有点儿含糊 |
[13:31] | Like she’d been drinking? | 就像喝了酒一样 |
[13:34] | Yes. | 对 |
[13:47] | So you dissected the judge’s liver. | 你解剖了那个法官的肝脏 |
[13:50] | You’re sure she wasn’t a drinker? | 你确定她不酗酒吗 |
[13:52] | Uh, yes. Her liver was near perfect. | 对 她的肝堪称完美 |
[13:53] | No sign of alcohol abuse. | 没有酗酒的痕迹 |
[13:56] | You ordered the Satan special? | 你订的是黑暗料理吗 |
[13:58] | “Seitan.” It’s a wheat protein used as a meat substitute. | 素肉 是用谷物蛋白代替肉类 |
[14:02] | Okay, I get it. It’s… it’s theme night. | 好吧 我懂了 今晚是主题之夜 |
[14:05] | What? | 什么 |
[14:06] | We’re investigating a mock trial. | 我们在调查模拟法庭案件 |
[14:07] | You ordered mock meat. | 所以你订了模拟肉食 |
[14:09] | It is very nutritious. | 它很有营养 |
[14:11] | They dissolve the starch to an insoluble gluten | 他们把淀粉分解成不能溶解的面筋 |
[14:13] | and then cook this elastic mass. | 然后做成这么一大坨 |
[14:15] | Can’t wait to dig in. | 真是等不及要开动了呢 |
[14:16] | Oh, uh, the extended panel results came back. | 对了 扩展毒素测试结果出来了 |
[14:19] | – What? Why didn’t you tell me? – ‘Cause you were busy | -啥 你怎么不告诉我 -因为你忙着 |
[14:22] | accusing me of ordering you food from the underworld. | 控诉我让你吃黑暗料理啊 |
[14:25] | I love seitan. Okay, tell me. | 我喜欢素肉 好吧 快告诉我 |
[14:27] | She tested positive for the presence of amphetamines. | 她的安非他命测试结果呈阳性 |
[14:30] | – Judge Harper? – Yeah. It could be a false-positive. | -哈珀法官 -对 可能是假阳性 |
[14:32] | Many drugs share similar metabolites, | 很多药物都有相似的代谢物 |
[14:34] | but I will have to test every one with a similar chemical makeup. | 但我得检验每种可能产生这种结果的药物 |
[14:37] | Again with the testing. | 又得测试 |
[14:38] | You know, you could be | 你可能是我认识的 |
[14:39] | one of the most impatient human beings I know. | 最没有耐心的人之一 |
[14:42] | But you’re not sure? Maybe you should test it. | 但你不确定 也许你应该测试一下 |
[14:45] | – You’re wrecking my appetite. – No! | -你坏了我的胃口 -没有 |
[14:46] | Maybe that’s the insoluble gluten mass | 也许是你订的不可溶解的 |
[14:49] | that you ordered? | 面筋块儿影响了你的食欲 |
[14:54] | Got your mail. | 帮你把信拿来了 |
[14:55] | Oh, thanks, Tommy. | 谢了 汤米 |
[14:56] | Do you mind putting it on the desk? | 你能把它们放在桌子上吗 |
[14:59] | What’s in the bag? | 袋子里是什么 |
[15:00] | Oh, cans and bottles for recycling. | 回收的瓶瓶罐罐 |
[15:03] | Garbage bags are breeding grounds | 垃圾袋是各种细菌和真菌病原体 |
[15:05] | for bacterial and fungal pathogens, | 滋生的温床 |
[15:07] | including salmonella, E. Coli 0157, | 包括沙门氏菌 大肠杆菌 |
[15:10] | shigella dysentery, legionella, | 志贺氏痢疾菌 军团杆菌 |
[15:11] | listeria monocytogenes… | 单核细胞增生李斯特菌 |
[15:13] | She’s not gonna stop talking unless you take outside. | 你要是不把它拿出去 她是不会停的 |
[15:15] | – Aeromonas hydrophila… – Well, I never got sick. | -嗜水气单胞菌 -可我没生过病啊 |
[15:18] | There’s 20 bucks worth of cans and bottles in there. | 这里的瓶瓶罐罐值20块钱呢 |
[15:20] | Look at her. Her head’s about to explode. | 看看她 她的脑袋都快爆炸了 |
[15:22] | Staphylococci aureus. | 金黄色葡萄球菌 |
[15:23] | Look, maura. See? | 看 莫拉 看见了吗 |
[15:25] | Cool, Jane. Is ma back yet? | 干得漂亮 简 妈回来了吗 |
[15:28] | No. Cavanaugh took her out to dinner. | 没有 卡瓦诺夫带她吃晚餐去了 |
[15:29] | Tommy, would you like some food? | 汤米 你要吃点儿东西吗 |
[15:33] | Yeah, I-I don’t eat… that. | 不 我不吃那个 |
[15:38] | All right, well, since you’re here, | 好吧 既然你来了 |
[15:39] | can we talk about your lawsuit? | 我们能谈谈你的案子吗 |
[15:40] | No. We can’t. It’s my life, Jane. | 不行 这是我的生活 简 |
[15:43] | I know it’s your l… | 我知道那是你的生… |
[15:45] | – What about T.J.? – What about him? | -但TJ怎么办 -他怎么了 |
[15:47] | Look, Mark says he can get me the money now. | 马克说他现在就能让我拿到钱 |
[15:50] | Frost’s guy says it’s gonna be at least another year. | 弗罗斯特的律师说最少得再等一年 |
[15:52] | I need it now. | 我现在需要钱 |
[15:52] | I think it’s shortsighted and stupid. | 我觉得那是目光短浅的愚蠢表现 |
[15:57] | You can’t see me as anything | 你就只会把我当成 |
[15:59] | other than a stupid screw-up, can you? | 一事无成的废物 对吗 |
[16:01] | What? Tommy, come on! | 什么 汤米 拜托 |
[16:03] | – Tommy! – Tommy, stay and have some tea. | -汤米 -汤米 留下喝杯茶吧 |
[16:05] | No, I just came by to drop off the cans and bottles for ma. | 不了 我就是来给妈送瓶子的 |
[16:07] | W-why are you bringing garbage to ma? | 为什么你要给妈送垃圾 |
[16:09] | Because she needs my help, | 因为她需要我的帮助 |
[16:11] | and she doesn’t see me as a screw-up. That’s why. | 而且她不把我当成废物 这就是原因 |
[16:19] | I really shouldn’t be that hard on him. | 我真不该对他那么苛刻 |
[16:21] | He has such a big heart. | 他真是个热心肠 |
[16:24] | And you aren’t listening. You’re going through your mail. | 你根本就没听 你在看你的信 |
[16:27] | Oh. Um, I just like sorting and organizing. | 我就是喜欢分类和整理 |
[16:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:31] | What? | 怎么了 |
[16:33] | It’s from the I.R.S. I think it’s an audit. | 国税局寄来的 好像是审计单 |
[16:36] | What are you worried about? | 你急什么 |
[16:37] | You break out into hives if you lie. | 你一说谎就会长疹子 |
[16:39] | I mean, if you cheat on your taxes, | 你要是逃税 |
[16:41] | you’re probably gonna get leprosy. | 就该得麻风病了吧 |
[16:42] | It’s not for me. It’s for your mother. | 不是给我的 给你妈的 |
[16:45] | What? | 什么 |
[16:49] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[16:49] | Mail tampering is a crime. | 私拆他人信件是犯罪 |
[17:00] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[17:01] | She owes $27,000 in back taxes. | 她要补缴27000美元的税 |
[17:04] | What? How is that possible? | 什么 怎么可能 |
[17:06] | She doesn’t even make that in a year. | 她一年都赚不了那么多 |
[17:09] | My father. | 是我爸 |
[17:11] | He probably cheated on their taxes. | 他很可能逃税了 |
[17:13] | No wonder she’s been trying to make extra money. | 难怪她一直想赚外块 |
[17:15] | Tommy probably knows. | 汤米也许知道 |
[17:16] | That’s why he’s recycling bottles and cans for her. | 所以他才帮她收集瓶瓶罐罐 |
[17:19] | Well, why does she tell Tommy and not me and Frankie? | 她为什么告诉汤米 不告诉我和弗兰基 |
[17:22] | What? What is that face? What? | 怎么了 那是什么表情 怎样 |
[17:24] | Tommy doesn’t judge. | 汤米不会说三道四 |
[17:29] | So, while you two were with the hot law clerk, | 你们俩跟辣妹书记员聊天的时候 |
[17:32] | we were going through 4 million hours of security footage. | 我们看了四百万个小时的监控录像 |
[17:34] | Frankie, cue up the show. | 弗兰基 把画面调出来 |
[17:36] | We found Dr. Simmons, a.k.a. Dr. Oxycontin, | 我们发现了西蒙斯医生 人称奥施康定医生 |
[17:40] | coming and going. | 的行踪 |
[17:42] | Well, that’s him and his attorney | 他和他的律师 |
[17:44] | entering the courthouse yesterday at 9:05 A.M. | 昨天上午九点零五分进入法院 |
[17:47] | And… | 然后 |
[17:49] | that’s Dr. Simmons and the same attorney | 西蒙斯医生和同一位律师 |
[17:51] | leaving at 5:02 P.M. | 下午五点零二分离开 |
[17:52] | Right after their motion for a new judge was denied. | 就在他们要求法官回避的申请被拒绝之后 |
[17:54] | Yep. | 对 |
[17:55] | And judge Harper was ambushed in the stairwell around 5:30, | 哈珀法官五点半左右在楼梯间被袭击 |
[17:58] | so the doctor didn’t do it, | 所以不是医生干的 |
[18:00] | unless he paid someone to do it for him. | 除非他是买凶杀人 |
[18:01] | Maybe we run a list of everyone at the courthouse | 我们可以把出入法院的人 |
[18:03] | against anyone with ties to the Two-six Gang | 与西蒙斯医生的买家二六帮 |
[18:05] | that Dr. Simmons was selling to. | 有联系的人作对比 |
[18:06] | That’s who he’d hire, right? | 有交集的就是他雇的人 对吧 |
[18:07] | Makes sense. | 有道理 |
[18:09] | I’ll be right there. | 我一会儿去 |
[18:13] | What do you want to do about ma? | 妈的事你准备怎么办 |
[18:14] | Nothing. Maura’s right. | 什么也不做 莫拉说得对 |
[18:17] | We do judge. | 我们确实会说三道四 |
[18:19] | And ma doesn’t want us to know. | 妈不想让咱们知道 |
[18:20] | You shouldn’t have opened up her mail. | 你不该看她的信件 |
[18:21] | I wanted to help, Frankie. | 我想帮她 弗兰基 |
[18:23] | She doesn’t want our help. | 她不需要咱们的帮助 |
[18:25] | It just makes me so sad. | 真让我心寒 |
[18:28] | Me, too, Janie. | 我也是 简 |
[18:32] | Not a single Two-six Gang member or known associate | 昨天没有一个二六帮成员和与之 |
[18:35] | was in that courthouse yesterday. | 有联系的人在庭审现场 |
[18:36] | A gang-free day? | 帮派休息日吗 |
[18:38] | Two-six, anyway. I checked. | 反正二六帮没有 我查过了 |
[18:42] | Where’s Jane? | 简去哪了 |
[18:43] | She and Frankie went to grab coffee. | 她和弗兰基去买咖啡了 |
[18:44] | – What’s up? – We have a cause of death. | -什么情况 -查明死因了 |
[18:46] | Judge Harper died of methylphenidate overdose. | 哈珀法官死于哌醋甲酯过量 |
[18:54] | Who the hell kills someone with Ritalin? | 谁他妈会用利他林杀人 |
[18:57] | No one, apparently. | 没人会用 |
[18:58] | I ran it against all solved and unsolved homicides… nothing. | 我查过所有已破和未破的凶杀案 没人用过 |
[19:01] | Well, it’s a common enough drug. | 这是再常见不过的药了 |
[19:02] | It’s used to treat ADHD. | 用于治疗注意力不集中症 |
[19:03] | Yeah, the drug unit is always busting college kids who abuse it. | 缉毒队总能抓到滥用利他林的大学生们 |
[19:06] | Helps them stay up and study. | 有助于熬夜学习 |
[19:07] | Maybe it’s one of the kids on the mock-trial team. | 也许是参加模拟法庭的哪个孩子 |
[19:09] | That’s what I’ve been thinking. | 我也这么想 |
[19:10] | I’m trying to get into the mock-trial website, but damn. | 我试着进入模拟法庭网站 不过 |
[19:13] | These kids are smart these days. | 这帮小孩最近变聪明了 |
[19:15] | Come on. | 快 |
[19:17] | Let me in. | 让我进去 |
[19:18] | But wouldn’t that smart teenager realize | 但既然那孩子那么聪明 |
[19:21] | that we’d eventually trace the drug? | 他就想不到我们最终能查到药物的来历吗 |
[19:22] | Plenty of M.E.’S wouldn’t have caught that. | 大多数法医可想不到这一层 |
[19:26] | You said mock trial was competitive? | 你说过模拟法庭竞争性很强 |
[19:28] | One kid I knew put his fist through a wall | 有个我认识的孩子听说自己是替补 |
[19:29] | when he got cast as an understudy, | 差点把墙击穿 |
[19:32] | tried to put his fist through my face | 在知道是我占了他的位置后 |
[19:33] | when he heard I got his role. | 差点把我的脸击穿 |
[19:36] | – Yeah! – What? | -太好了 -怎么了 |
[19:37] | I just beat an 128-bit encryption. | 我刚破译了128比特的数据密码 |
[19:42] | Mockyouradvisors. Com? | 学习导师网站[mock还有嘲笑之意] |
[19:44] | Wow, look at all these complaints about Judge Harper. | 瞧瞧这些对哈珀法官的投诉 |
[19:46] | Frost, scroll down. | 弗罗斯特 向下 |
[19:51] | Look at the quote from “Max”… | 看这条麦克斯的评论 |
[19:52] | “I’m sick of Ashley and her tiger mom. | 我真受够了阿什莉和她的母老虎妈妈 |
[19:54] | “I say we give Judge Harper this sentence… | 我建议给哈珀法官如下判决 |
[19:58] | death by lethal injection.” | 注射处死 |
[20:08] | I hope writing death threats was worth it, Max. | 但愿你写的死亡威胁物有所值 麦克斯 |
[20:10] | You’re all are being very literal, | 你们都太小题大做了 |
[20:12] | – and you have no right to search my locker. – We don’t? | -而且你们无权翻我的柜子 -无权吗 |
[20:15] | The Supreme Court decided the need to maintain order | 在新泽西州诉TLO[人名]案件中 |
[20:17] | outweighs the privacy interests in students | 最高法院裁定只有在掌握确凿无疑的证据后 |
[20:18] | in New Jersey vs. T.L.O., | 维持治安的需要才高于 |
[20:20] | if, and only if, you have articulable facts. | 对学生隐私权的维护 |
[20:23] | You want “articulable facts”? | 想要确凿证据吗 |
[20:24] | I think he does, Detective Frost. | 他想 弗罗斯特警探 |
[20:26] | The comments you made constitute threats | 你言论的威胁性足以支持 |
[20:29] | sufficient to justify the search. | 我们的搜查的合法性 |
[20:31] | The Supreme Court also stated | 最高法院还说过 |
[20:32] | that if the manner in which the search is conducted | 如果搜查行为 |
[20:34] | is reasonably related to the objective, it’s allowed. | 与目标合理联系 可被允许 |
[20:37] | Wrong. I don’t see a warrant, and I’m not giving consent. | 错 我没看到搜查令 我也没同意 |
[20:40] | Oh, that’s okay. | 没事 |
[20:41] | We’ve not only met the reasonable suspicion standard | 我们不但达到了合理怀疑标准 |
[20:44] | but also the higher one… Probable cause. | 还达到了更高一级 合理根据 |
[20:46] | That’s sufficient to satisfy your 4th amendment concerns. | 足以满足你对第四修正案的权利诉求 |
[20:49] | Very nice, detective Rizzoli. | 干的漂亮 里佐利警探 |
[20:50] | Thank you, detective frost. | 谢谢 弗罗斯特警探 |
[20:52] | – Your locker is messy, Max. – Whatever. | -你的柜子真乱 麦克斯 -管他呢 |
[20:55] | Look. I’ll admit I was pissed at Judge Harper. | 我承认我很气对哈珀法官 |
[20:57] | I am much more qualified than Ashley, | 我比阿什莉更够格 |
[20:59] | but my mom isn’t the advisor. | 就因为我妈不是导师 |
[21:00] | So you threatened Judge Harper with a lethal injection, | 所以你以注射处死来威胁哈珀法官 |
[21:02] | – and then you killed her. – Right. | -然后杀了她 -没错 |
[21:05] | I’m not stupid enough to kill a judge. | 我还没蠢到去杀法官 |
[21:07] | Besides murder one looks kind of crappy on a transcript. | 谋杀罪写在档案里可不怎么好看 |
[21:13] | Ritalin. | 利他林 |
[21:15] | A drug offense looks pretty crappy, too. | 贩卖毒品罪也不怎么好看 |
[21:16] | It’s not illegal to take ritalin. | 吃利他林又不犯法 |
[21:17] | It is if you don’t have a prescription. Do you got one? | 那是在有处方的情况下 你有吗 |
[21:22] | – I want to cut a deal. – Now we’re talking. | -我请求和解 -请说 |
[21:24] | I’ll give up my dealer if you’ll agree not to charge me | 如果你们答应不以电子交流恐吓罪逮捕我 |
[21:26] | for an electronically communicated threat. | 我就供出卖家 |
[21:28] | Well, what if we want to charge you for murder, as well? | 如果我们想控告你谋杀呢 |
[21:30] | I’m the backup prosecutor. I never even left the courtroom. | 我是候补检察官 我根本没离开过法庭 |
[21:33] | Want my dealer or not? | 想不想知道卖家是谁 |
[21:38] | I didn’t sell ritalin to anybody. | 我没有卖过利他林 |
[21:40] | I just gave a couple pills to a friend. | 只是给了朋友几片 |
[21:43] | At least, I thought Max was a friend. | 我把麦克斯当朋友 至少我这么认为 |
[21:47] | I need to know where you got the Ritalin, Ashley. | 你从哪儿弄到的利他林 阿什莉 |
[21:48] | Ashley was diagnosed with ADHD when she was 11. | 阿什莉11岁时被诊断患有注意力不集中症 |
[21:53] | Her pediatrician prescribed it to help her concentrate. | 她的儿科医生给她开了利他林来集中精神 |
[21:56] | So how long have you been taking it? | 你吃多久了 |
[21:57] | I don’t anymore. | 我没再吃了 |
[21:58] | My daughter was worried | 我女儿担心阿什莉 |
[22:00] | that Ashley was retreating from her life | 会因为对药物治疗感到尴尬 |
[22:03] | because she was embarrassed about the medication. | 而对生活失去希望 |
[22:05] | So she let her stop taking it. | 是她不让她吃的 |
[22:07] | How long ago was that? | 这是多久以前的事 |
[22:08] | About seven months. Right, honey? | 大概七个月前 对吧 亲爱的 |
[22:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:13] | So if you’d stopped taking the Ritalin, | 既然你停止服用利他林了 |
[22:15] | where did you get the pills to give to Max? | 那给麦克斯的药是从哪来的 |
[22:20] | I found a bottle in mom’s medicine cabinet. | 我在妈妈的药箱里发现一瓶 |
[22:22] | Ashley! | 阿什莉 |
[22:23] | A lot of kids take Ritalin. | 很多孩子都吃利他林 |
[22:25] | You know how huge the workload in senior year, | 你知道高三的升学压力和 |
[22:27] | on top of college applications and mock trial? | 模拟法庭的压力有多大吗 |
[22:32] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[22:33] | I took some pills for me, and I gave some to Max. | 我自己吃了几片 给了麦克斯几片 |
[22:38] | What a jerk. | 真傻 |
[22:40] | Thank you for telling me the truth. | 谢谢你说出真相 |
[22:43] | Why would somebody kill my mom? | 为什么有人要杀我妈妈 |
[22:45] | I don’t know yet, but I want you to know | 还不知道 不过我希望你知道 |
[22:48] | that it is very important to me to find out. | 侦破这个案子对我来说意义重大 |
[22:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:55] | I knew your mom. | 我认识你妈妈 |
[22:58] | She was a good person. | 她是个好人 |
[23:02] | I’m so sorry for your loss, Ashley. | 节哀顺变 阿什莉 |
[23:03] | And yours, Mrs. Phillips. | 还有你 菲利普夫人 |
[23:11] | Hey, Dr. Isles. | 艾尔斯医生 |
[23:12] | I’m just reading a law review article | 我刚看到一篇哈珀法官和罗杰·索森 |
[23:13] | Judge Harper and Roger Thorson wrote | 读波士顿剑桥大学时 |
[23:15] | when they were at BCU… | 写的法律评论文章 |
[23:17] | “Rehabilitation instead of retribution.” | 以修复代替报复 |
[23:20] | She was amazing. | 她太不可思议了 |
[23:22] | Thinking about the road not taken? | 想起你没选择的那条路了 |
[23:25] | What’s the matter with your wrist? | 你手腕怎么了 |
[23:26] | I’ve had intermittent tingling and stingers | 自从那次车库坍塌受伤 |
[23:28] | ever since I broke it in the parking-garage collapse. | 我的手腕就间歇性酸麻和刺痛 |
[23:30] | – What did your doctor say? – He sent me to a neurologist. | -医生怎么说 -他把我转去神经科医生 |
[23:32] | – She said there wasn’t any nerve damage. – Well, that’s good. | -她说没有任何神经损伤 -那很好 |
[23:35] | So why am I still having pain? | 那我为什么还一直疼 |
[23:38] | I have a thought. | 我有个想法 |
[23:40] | Let me try something, but no guarantees. | 咱们试试 但不保证管用 |
[23:42] | I’m ready to try anything. | 我什么都敢试 |
[23:44] | Except needles, because I don’t… | 除了针灸 因为我不 |
[23:46] | I don’t like needles. | 我不喜欢针灸 |
[23:48] | This won’t hurt. I promise. | 不疼 我保证 |
[23:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:53] | The large intestines, L.I. of 11, | 大肠经 曲池穴 |
[23:57] | on the affected side near to the left elbow. | 患侧左肘部附近 |
[24:01] | Ooh, what are you doing to him? | 你对他做了什么 |
[24:03] | Acupuncture is supposed to be performed in a calm environment. | 针灸需在安静环境下进行 |
[24:07] | With all of your masks of death staring at him? | 在你所有的死神面具盯着他的环境下吗 |
[24:10] | They’re tribal ritual masks. | 那是部落仪式面具 |
[24:11] | You don’t find them soothing? Um… | 不觉得它们能舒缓情绪吗 |
[24:14] | Not really. | 不觉得 |
[24:19] | Should you be doing that? | 你这么做行吗 |
[24:21] | – I’m certified. – In acupuncture? | -我有证书 -针灸证书吗 |
[24:24] | I got perfect score on the N.C.C.A.O.M. Exam in acupuncture | 我在美国针灸中医执照考试 |
[24:27] | and on the foundations of traditional Chinese medicine | 中医基金会的考试 |
[24:29] | and the clean needle technique. | 洁针技术考试考试中都得了高分的 |
[24:30] | All right, I’m not busting you. | 我又不是来抓你 |
[24:32] | I’m just asking. Oh. | 只是问问 |
[24:34] | All right, give me an update on judge Harper. | 告诉我哈珀法官案的新进展 |
[24:36] | Something interesting came back on her hair sample. | 在她头发样本上有新发现 |
[24:38] | She’d been taking ritalin for at least six months prior to her death. | 她死前至少六个月一直在服用利他林 |
[24:41] | Did she have ADHD like her daughter? | 她和她女儿一样有注意力不集中症吗 |
[24:43] | Well, there was no evidence of that in her medical history, | 她的病历里没写 |
[24:45] | and no doctor seems to have prescribed it for her. | 好像也没有医生给她开过那药 |
[24:47] | I-I don’t mean to be a bad patient, | 我不是想捣乱 |
[24:49] | but I’ve stopped feeling calm. | 不过我感觉不太好 |
[24:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:54] | The last one. | 最后一根 |
[24:57] | Try not to move. | 尽量别动 |
[24:58] | – Why was she taking Ritalin? – I don’t know. | -她为什么要服利他林 -不知道 |
[25:01] | But there were significant levels | 但她血液内有大量的 |
[25:02] | of inert excipients in her blood. | 惰性辅药 |
[25:04] | Pill binders? | 就是药物辅料吧 |
[25:05] | Yes. Which wouldn’t be present if taken orally. | 对 口服的话不该在血液里检测到 |
[25:08] | So you’re saying the killer injected her | 你的意思是凶手把溶解的药片 |
[25:10] | – with dissolved pills? – Yes. | -注射到她体内 -没错 |
[25:11] | Look, Jane, whoever did this had to have known she took Ritalin | 简 作案的人肯定知道她服用利他林 |
[25:14] | and tried to make it look accidental. | 所以想搞成是意外的样子 |
[25:19] | These are Judge Harper’s medical records from law school. | 法学院发来了哈珀法官的病历 |
[25:22] | I was curious about her dizzy spells | 她既然不酗酒 |
[25:23] | since they weren’t alcohol-related. | 我很好奇她怎么会有阵发性眩晕 |
[25:26] | The injury to her patella occurred | 她膝盖骨受伤是在 |
[25:28] | between her second and third year… | 大二升大三的时候 |
[25:30] | I wonder how she fractured it. | 不知道怎么会受伤的 |
[25:32] | She was a runner. Maybe she fell. | 她喜欢跑步 可能跑步的时候摔了 |
[25:33] | No, I don’t think so. | 我觉的不是 |
[25:35] | She told the treating doctor | 她当时告诉主治医生 |
[25:36] | that she didn’t remember falling. | 她不记得怎么摔倒的 |
[25:37] | He ordered a lumbar puncture. | 他给她做了腰椎穿刺 |
[25:40] | Aha! Her hypocretin levels were low. | 她体内的下视丘分泌素很低 |
[25:44] | Why are we saying “aha”? | 你”啊哈”什么 |
[25:45] | Well, it correlates | 它和我让人做的 |
[25:46] | with the HLA gene test I ordered. | 人类白细胞抗原基因测试联系起来了 |
[25:52] | Judge Harper fell because she blacked out. | 哈珀法官当时是失去知觉才摔倒的 |
[25:54] | She suffered from narcolepsy. | 她有嗜睡症 |
[25:55] | – That’s why she was taking Ritalin. – Yes. | -所以她才要吃利他林 -对 |
[25:58] | Okay, wait. Why wasn’t it in her medical records, | 好吧 不过她的病历里面为什么没说 |
[26:00] | and why didn’t she have her own prescription? | 还有她干嘛自己不去配药 |
[26:03] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等 等等 |
[26:04] | Judge Harper clerked for Judge Juliet Coker | 哈珀法官上法学院的时候 |
[26:06] | when she was in law school. | 曾经给朱丽叶·科克法官做过书记员 |
[26:09] | – Excuse me. – Yeah. | -请让一下 -好 |
[26:11] | Judge Coker was tossed from the bench | 科克法官被罢免了 |
[26:13] | when someone found out she was taking medication | 因为有人发现她在服用治疗躁郁症的药 |
[26:16] | for bipolar disorder and leaked it. | 然后把这事披露了出去 |
[26:19] | Well, if she was taking medication, | 她既然已经在服药了 |
[26:20] | why was she removed? | 干嘛罢免她 |
[26:22] | Was there evidence that her condition affected her judgment? | 有证据表明她的病影响了她判案吗 |
[26:25] | No. No, it wasn’t about her condition. | 没有 不过这事不是冲她的病来的 |
[26:27] | She was a rising star. | 她当时是颗升起的新星 |
[26:28] | The boys’ club wouldn’t have liked that. | 这在男人主导的领域可不行 |
[26:30] | They used it to get rid of her. | 他们利用这事把她铲除了 |
[26:31] | So Judge Harper saw firsthand what happens | 就是说哈珀法官亲眼所见 |
[26:33] | when your competitors | 要是让竞争对手 |
[26:35] | know your weaknesses and your medical history. | 知道你的弱点或是病史会有什么后果 |
[26:38] | Which is why she kept her narcolepsy a secret. | 所以她才对自己的嗜睡症秘而不宣 |
[26:41] | Somebody knew. | 但有人知道 |
[26:54] | Oh, I can’t today, Angela. | 今天不吃了 安琪拉 |
[26:55] | I dipped into Zorba’s baklava at lunch. | 我中午在佐巴吃了千层酥 |
[26:59] | I just tried to make my monthly electronic payment to the I.R.S. | 我本来要把每月一付的钱电汇给国税局的 |
[27:03] | Frank Sr.’s back taxes? | 老弗兰克欠的税吧 |
[27:05] | They told me that I have a zero balance. | 他们跟我说我不欠钱了 |
[27:09] | – You think Frank paid it off? – No. | -弗兰克把钱付清了 -不是 |
[27:11] | My sources tell me he’s completely broke. | 据说他已经身无分文了 |
[27:16] | Was it you? | 是你吗 |
[27:18] | I promised you I would not interfere, and I didn’t. | 我保证过我不会干预的 不是我 |
[27:23] | Well, then, maybe it was a clerical mistake. | 那就可能是文书错误吧 |
[27:27] | When they find it, are they gonna throw me in jail? | 等他们发现了 会不会把我抓起来 |
[27:31] | I’m gonna have to tell them it’s gonna take me | 我不得不告诉他们 |
[27:33] | 22 years to pay off that bill. | 我得花22年才能把帐付清 |
[27:36] | I might know someone I can call, find out what’s up. | 我认识个人 能查查是怎么回事 |
[27:39] | Really? Thanks. | 是吗 谢了 |
[27:41] | Hey, ma. | 妈 |
[27:42] | Hi, honey. | 亲爱的 |
[27:43] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. Yeah, of course. | -没事吧 -没事 好得很 |
[27:46] | I was just trying to give a brownie to Sergeant Korsak. | 我就想给科萨克警司送块儿布朗尼蛋糕 |
[27:50] | But he’d rather have some carrots instead. | 不过他想吃胡萝卜蛋糕 |
[27:53] | No charge. | 免费的 |
[27:54] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[27:57] | I found something in Judge Harper’s phone records… | 我在哈珀法官的通话记录里发现点儿东西 |
[27:59] | A guy named Dustin Williams | 有个叫达斯汀·威廉姆斯的家伙 |
[28:00] | who’s been calling her every day for weeks. | 连续几周每天都给她打电话 |
[28:02] | Frost, can you check Frankie’s list, | 弗罗斯特 能不能查查弗兰基弄的名单 |
[28:03] | see if Dustin Williams was in the courthouse yesterday? | 看看达斯汀·威廉姆斯昨天在不在法院 |
[28:07] | Yeah, but wait. How would he know that she took Ritalin? | 不过等等 他怎么知道她在服用利他林 |
[28:09] | Did you check to see if he filed a formal complaint against her? | 你有没有查查他投诉过她没有 |
[28:13] | He did. | 投诉过 |
[28:14] | Dustin Williams is on the list | 达斯汀·威廉姆斯在名单上 |
[28:15] | and didn’t leave the courthouse until 5:45 P.M. | 而且他一直到下午5点45分才离开法院 |
[28:21] | You filed a formal complaint against Judge Harper. | 你投诉过哈珀法官 |
[28:24] | To get justice for my son. | 为了给我儿子讨回公道 |
[28:26] | Joey Williams is your son? | 乔伊·威廉姆斯是你儿子 |
[28:29] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[28:30] | He was convicted of burglary. | 他被控犯有盗窃罪 |
[28:32] | Judge Harper sentenced him to up to three years at Starbridge. | 哈珀判他在星桥监狱服刑三年 |
[28:35] | Why there? | 为什么去那里 |
[28:36] | Ask Judge Harper. | 去问哈珀法官吧 |
[28:38] | She’s dead. | 她已经死了 |
[28:42] | She said since Joey was 17 and a first-time offender, | 她说因为乔伊才17岁 而且是初犯 |
[28:46] | it would be a good place to turn his life around. | 那里是个改过自新的好地方 |
[28:49] | She put him with scum! | 她把他和那些人渣关在了一起 |
[28:50] | You seem pretty angry, Mr. Williams. | 你好像挺生气的 威廉姆斯先生 |
[28:52] | Angry enough to kill a judge who sentenced your son? | 是不是气到要杀了把你儿子判刑的人 |
[28:55] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没杀人 |
[28:56] | Then what were you doing at the courthouse yesterday? | 那你昨天在法院干嘛 |
[28:58] | Trying to get what I’m entitled to… | 去拿我应得的东西 |
[28:59] | Copies of Joey’s case file, | 乔伊案件的卷宗复印件 |
[29:01] | so I could sue that hellhole of a prison. | 我要去告那间鬼监狱 |
[29:03] | Joey didn’t much like it there. | 乔伊不怎么喜欢那儿啊 |
[29:04] | – They extended his sentence. – They added four years. | -他们给他加了刑 -加了四年 |
[29:07] | – What did he do? – Nothing! | -他干什么了 -什么都没干 |
[29:08] | They said he attacked someone, but that wasn’t Joey. | 他们说他打人了 可乔伊不是那种人 |
[29:11] | He was scared out of his mind. | 他都吓傻了 |
[29:13] | I begged Judge Harper to get him out of there. | 我去求哈珀法官把他从那儿弄出来 |
[29:15] | Is that why you kept calling her? | 所以你才一直给她打电话 |
[29:16] | She said she believed he didn’t deserve that extension. | 她说她相信他不该被加刑 |
[29:18] | She said she’d look into it. | 她说她会处理的 |
[29:19] | – Did she? – She didn’t do a damn thing. | -她处理了吗 -她什么都没干 |
[29:22] | It’s because of her my son’s dead. | 就是因为她 我儿子才会死 |
[29:30] | – When did he die? – Last week. | -他什么时候死的 -上周 |
[29:34] | Prison gave me some bullshit story about kidney failure, | 监狱的人胡说八道 说他是肾衰竭死的 |
[29:37] | but Joey never had any problem with his kidneys. | 可乔伊的肾从来就没什么问题 |
[29:40] | – And you blame Judge Harper for that? – Hell yeah. | -你觉得是哈珀法官造成的 -就是 |
[29:42] | She put him in there. | 是她把他送去那儿的 |
[29:44] | I bet she was taking kickbacks. | 她肯定在吃回扣 |
[29:47] | You go ahead, arrest me. Charge me with her murder. | 你们逮捕我吧 告我谋杀了她 |
[29:52] | I’ll confess, as long as you look into my son’s death. | 我承认 只要你们调查我儿子的死因 |
[30:00] | Judge’s financials are clear. | 法官的财务方面没有问题 |
[30:02] | I knew she wasn’t taking kickbacks. | 我知道她不会吃回扣的 |
[30:03] | She wasn’t that kind of person. | 她不是那种人 |
[30:05] | Dad’s alibi checks out. | 那个父亲的不在场证明查实了 |
[30:06] | Clerk’s office said he showed up at 4:30 | 书记员办公室说他4点30分去的 |
[30:08] | and refused to leave without his son’s file. | 不拿到他儿子案件的卷宗不肯走 |
[30:10] | Court security hauled him out at 5:45. | 法院保安在5点45分把他赶出去的 |
[30:12] | Judge Harper believed in rehabilitation. | 哈珀法官相信人能改过自新 |
[30:13] | Is that why she sent Joey to Starbridge? | 所以才把乔伊送去了星桥监狱吗 |
[30:15] | Can you pull up their website? | 能把他们的网站调出来吗 |
[30:19] | Got it. | 找到了 |
[30:21] | Nice prison… A library, classrooms, | 好监狱啊 图书馆 教室 |
[30:25] | basketball court, computer room. | 篮球场 电脑室 |
[30:27] | It’s minimum security. | 那里是最低安全级别的 |
[30:28] | Yeah. Mostly first-time offenders. | 对 大多是人都是初犯 |
[30:30] | An 18% recidivism rate? That’s low. | 屡犯率只有18% 真低啊 |
[30:33] | Starbridge should run all the prisons | 星桥要是能让82%的犯人都重新做人 |
[30:35] | if they can turn 82% of their inmates into solid citizens. | 那所有的监狱都该让他们经营 |
[30:38] | Frost, pull up Starbridge’s financials. | 弗罗斯特 把星桥监狱的财务表调出来 |
[30:42] | They showed record profits in the last two quarters. | 他们过去两季度都有盈利记录 |
[30:45] | Must be a big place. | 地方肯定很大 |
[30:45] | Every prison gets paid by the prisoner. | 现在坐牢都要付钱的 |
[30:48] | Let’s look at anyone Judge Harper sentenced there. | 看看哈珀法官判去那儿的人 |
[30:53] | Every one of them was a first-time offender. | 所有人都是初犯 |
[30:56] | Jane, they all had their sentences extended. | 简 他们都被加刑了 |
[30:58] | For the same thing. Look. It says “behavior violations.” | 理由都一样 看 “违反行为准则” |
[31:00] | Same as Joey Williams. | 跟乔伊·威廉姆斯一样 |
[31:02] | The extensions file in her briefcase… | 她公文包里标着”加刑”的文件夹 |
[31:04] | She was checking into Joey’s extended sentence, | 她在调查乔伊被加刑的事 |
[31:05] | and somebody took the contents of that file. | 有人把文件夹里的东西拿走了 |
[31:08] | I have Joey Williams’ autopsy reports from Starbridge. | 监狱把乔伊·威廉姆斯的尸检报告发来了 |
[31:11] | I checked it against all of his medical records. | 我把它和乔伊的所有病历记录做了对比 |
[31:13] | He has a blood condition… benign familial erythrocytosis. | 他有血液病 良性家族性红细胞增多症 |
[31:17] | What’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[31:18] | Well, his red-blood-cell count was consistently elevated, | 他血液内的红细胞数会持续增高 |
[31:20] | but his autopsy CBC blood test | 但尸检时做的全血细胞计数测试 |
[31:22] | showed no signs of elevation. | 没有显示出这一症状 |
[31:24] | – That’s not possible. – Yeah, it is. | -这是不可能的 -有可能 |
[31:27] | It wasn’t Joey’s blood. | 因为检测的不是乔伊的血 |
[31:29] | Judge Harper had a daughter that was 17. | 哈珀法官有个17岁的女儿 |
[31:31] | She cared about teenagers. Joey was 17. | 她关心青少年 乔伊也是17岁 |
[31:35] | She was looking into Starbridge. We need to go there. | 她在调查星桥监狱 我们得去一趟 |
[31:37] | It’s a private prison. | 那是私营监狱 |
[31:37] | They’re not just gonna let you poke around. | 他们不会让你随便看的 |
[31:39] | They might. If they think we’re all on the same side. | 会的 只要他们以为我们是一条船上的 |
[31:46] | Do you know this Dustin Williams guy? | 你认识这个叫达斯汀·威廉姆斯的家伙吗 |
[31:49] | Better than I’d like to. | 想不认识都难 |
[31:50] | Us, too… he’s been raising holy hell at the station. | 有同感 他一直来警察局大吵大闹 |
[31:53] | He’s even asked Dr. Isles here | 他甚至让这位艾尔斯医生 |
[31:55] | to exhume his son’s body to do another autopsy. | 把他儿子的尸体挖出来重新解剖 |
[31:58] | He’s like a bad penny, that one. | 那人真是阴魂不散 |
[32:00] | We need got to him off our back. | 我们得把他打发掉 |
[32:01] | Yeah. So just give us the 25-cent tour, | 对 就带我们来个一日游吧 |
[32:03] | and we will sign off on this thing | 然后我们把这事儿结了 |
[32:05] | and finally be rid of that nut ball. | 就能彻底摆脱那个傻子了 |
[32:07] | Nothing would make me happier. | 再乐意不过了 |
[32:09] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[32:13] | “Starbridge: Do your time, cross the bridge to a better life.” | 星桥监狱 努力改造 通往美好人生 |
[32:17] | We try to make a difference. | 我们想要有所作为 |
[32:19] | That’s why we only take minimum-security offenders. | 所以我们只接收危害度最小的犯人 |
[32:21] | How do you manage such a low recidivism rate? | 你们怎么保持这么低的屡犯率的 |
[32:23] | We have a lot to offer… | 我们提供了很多机会 |
[32:25] | Classes to get your high-school G.E.D., | 通过高中结业考试的课程 |
[32:27] | college courses, counseling, fitness center. | 大学课程 心理咨询 还有健身中心 |
[32:29] | We’ve got it all. | 应有尽有 |
[32:32] | Uh, we would love to see where you house the prisoners. | 我们想看看关押犯人的地方 |
[32:34] | Oh, that’s off limits, even to the good guys. | 那可不行 即便是你们这样的好人 |
[32:36] | – Sorry. – No problem. | -抱歉 -没关系 |
[32:44] | Jane, are you all right? | 简 你没事吧 |
[32:47] | No. | 不行了 |
[32:49] | Oh, no. Uh, you know, she has terrible dysmenorrhea. | 不好 她有严重的痛经 |
[32:52] | Do you have ladies’ room? | 这儿有女厕所吗 |
[32:54] | Uh, there’s only one. | 只有一个 |
[32:56] | It’s… It’s all the way | 一直走到 |
[32:57] | – on the other side of the facility. – I need that one! | -房子的那头 -我要去 |
[32:59] | Oh, I-I’m gonna… I’m gonna come with you, Detective. | 我跟你一起去 警探 |
[33:01] | Excuse us. | 失陪 |
[33:03] | Jane… | 简 |
[33:06] | Did ever have a female partner? | 你有过异性搭档吗 |
[33:08] | No. | 没有过 |
[33:09] | What a pain in the ass. | 真难搞啊 |
[33:10] | You’re telling me. | 说的没错 |
[33:17] | Where did you get that card? | 你从哪儿拿到那张门卡的 |
[33:19] | I borrowed it. | 我借来的 |
[33:21] | This is making me very itchy. | 这会让我起红疹的 |
[33:23] | I’ll get you some Benadryl. All right, come on. | 我会给你找点儿皮炎平的 快走吧 |
[33:24] | We got to figure out what happened to Joey. | 我们得搞清楚乔伊怎么了 |
[33:28] | Go. | 快走 |
[33:46] | There’s four people to a one-man cell. | 一个单人间关了四个人 |
[33:49] | Are those gang tattoos? | 那是帮派纹身吗 |
[33:51] | Yeah, hard-core gangbangers. | 没错 那是硬核帮的成员 |
[33:52] | They’re not first-time offenders. | 他们可不是第一次犯事了 |
[33:54] | And this definitely isn’t minimum security. | 看来安保程度不低 |
[33:59] | “Monday and Friday”? | 仅限周一和周五 |
[33:59] | 11 AM – 2 PM | 开放时间 周一和周五 |
[34:00] | Well, how could a prison offer inmates access to medical care | 监狱一周怎么能只给犯人 |
[34:03] | for only six hours a week? | 提供六小时医疗服务 |
[34:04] | Dig deep. Find his records. | 仔细找 找到他的档案 |
[34:08] | Staphylococcus bacteria must be teeming in here, | 这肯定全是葡萄球菌 |
[34:11] | along with E. Coli. | 还会有大肠杆菌 |
[34:12] | Don’t start again. | 别搞这套了 |
[34:14] | Here it is. Here it is. | 找到了 找到了 |
[34:15] | Joseph Williams’ medical records. | 约瑟夫·威廉姆斯的医疗记录 |
[34:18] | Frost? | 弗罗斯特 |
[34:20] | – Hit me. – Get into the bureau of prisons database. | -说吧 -进入监狱管理局数据库 |
[34:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:25] | Pull up a listing of all Starbridge inmates. | 找到星桥监狱犯人的名单 |
[34:29] | What are you looking for? | 你要找什么 |
[34:30] | Sort for longest to shortest sentences, and then start reading. | 你按刑期从长到短开始看 |
[34:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:35] | “Murder one, murder one, second-degree murder.” | 杀死一人 杀死一人 二等谋杀罪 |
[34:37] | A lot of those. | 这种人有一堆 |
[34:38] | “Assault with a deadly weapon.” | 使用致命武器袭击 |
[34:40] | Lots of those. And lots of rapes. | 这种又有一堆 还有许多强奸犯 |
[34:42] | Does that sound like a place | 这是初犯盗窃罪的 |
[34:43] | to send a 17-year-old first-time burglar? | 十七岁少年该去的地方吗 |
[34:45] | – I’m surprised the kid lasted as long as he did. – Jane… | -那孩子居然能坚持这么久 -简 |
[34:49] | Joey Williams didn’t die of kidney failure. | 乔伊·威廉姆斯并非死于肾脏衰竭 |
[34:51] | – You sure? – Well, I’d prefer to do an autopsy. | -你确定 -如果能尸检的话最好 |
[34:53] | I’d prefer to be in Hawaii. What does it say in his report? | 能去夏威夷还好呢 报告里说什么了 |
[34:56] | Okay, look, what Starbridge reported to the state | 星桥监狱上报给州里的记录 |
[34:58] | conflicts with his chart. | 跟他的记录不符 |
[34:59] | He had elevated blood CO2 levels. | 他的血液中二氧化碳含量升高 |
[35:01] | That’s consistent with suffocation, not kidney failure. | 这是窒息的症状 而不是肾衰竭 |
[35:03] | It would be in Starbridge’s interest to cover up a prison murder | 有可能星桥监狱为了避免被州里解约 |
[35:06] | to keep their contract with the state. | 掩盖了一起监狱谋杀 |
[35:08] | Judge Harper must have pressed Starbridge | 哈珀法官肯定因乔伊的死 |
[35:10] | after Joey’s death. | 对星桥监狱施压了 |
[35:12] | I think we just found motive. | 我想我们找到了动机 |
[35:13] | Jane, there’s ritalin here. | 简 这有利他林 |
[35:18] | It’s Korsak. | 科萨克来电话了 |
[35:20] | Warden’s on high alert, looking for us… | 沃顿警觉起来了 在找我们 |
[35:22] | Frost, did you find Judge Harper | 弗罗斯特 你在昨天法庭录像里 |
[35:24] | on yesterday’s courthouse footage? | 找到哈珀法官了吗 |
[35:25] | I wasn’t looking for her, but I can. | 我没找过 但我看到她了 |
[35:26] | – Okay. Jane, let’s go. – Okay. Track her. | -简 我们走 -追踪她 |
[35:29] | I want to know everyone that she talked to yesterday. | 我要知道昨天所有跟她交谈过的人 |
[35:31] | Okay. Korsak is texting me. Now, come on. | 科萨克给我发短信了 快走吧 |
[35:32] | We need to get out of here. | 我们得走了 |
[35:33] | Frost, I got to go. Bye. | 弗罗斯特 我得走了 |
[35:48] | I thought I was gonna have to visit you at Starbridge. | 我还以为你们被抓了 |
[35:50] | Oh. We should have called. | 我们该打个电话给你的 |
[35:51] | How did you get away from the Warden? | 你们是怎么甩掉沃顿的 |
[35:53] | – You don’t want to know. – Yeah, I do. | -你不会想知道的 -我想 |
[35:55] | – I said I needed a tampon. – Worked like a charm. | -我说我要换卫生棉 -超管用 |
[35:58] | I’ve found something, Jane. | 我发现了点东西 简 |
[36:00] | Judge Harper and Roger Thorson had coffee together. | 哈珀法官和罗杰·索森一起去喝了咖啡 |
[36:02] | Yeah, uh, they went over the mock trial. He told us about it. | 他们演练了一遍模拟审判 他说过了 |
[36:05] | But something happened between them. Watch. | 可他们之间出了点儿事 看 |
[36:11] | That’s quite a disagreement. | 吵得真厉害 |
[36:12] | Zoom in on that file folder. | 放大那个文件夹 |
[36:17] | It’s the “Extensions” Folder. | 是加刑文件夹 |
[36:19] | So she was talking about Joey’s sentence extension. | 那么她是在说乔伊刑期延长的事 |
[36:22] | Why are they arguing? | 他们为什么要吵 |
[36:25] | Wait, Frost, stop. Go back. | 等一下 弗罗斯特 退回去 |
[36:28] | What’s on that paper she’s showing him? | 她给他看的那张纸上写着什么 |
[36:32] | It’s a complaint to the office of bar counsel. | 是给律师协会的投诉信 |
[36:34] | Judge Harper wanted someone disbarred. | 哈珀想要某人失去律师资格 |
[36:36] | Who? Hit “Play.” | 谁 按播放 |
[36:42] | Well, whatever he said made her rip up that complaint. | 看来他说的话让她收回了投诉 |
[36:44] | What do we know about Roger Thorson? | 我们对罗杰·索森有什么了解 |
[36:46] | They were friends, went to law school together. | 他们是朋友 法学院的同学 |
[36:48] | They even co-wrote articles for the “Law Review”. | 还曾联名给《法律评论》写过文章 |
[36:50] | He’s a corporate attorney now. | 他现在是公司代表律师 |
[36:52] | – Does he have any connection to Starbridge? – Checking. | -他跟星桥监狱有什么联系吗 -正在查 |
[36:56] | His firm represents them. | 他的律所代理了这些公司 |
[36:59] | Who else does he represent? | 他还代理了谁 |
[37:00] | No one. | 没了 |
[37:03] | Okay. So, he gave Judge Harper the sales job on Starbridge. | 他把星桥监狱的销售工作给了哈珀法官 |
[37:06] | That’s why she was sentencing first-time offenders there. | 所以她才把初次犯罪的犯人判到那里 |
[37:08] | She thought they were on the same side. | 她以为他们是同一阵营的 |
[37:10] | The “Law Review” article you were reading … | 就像你读过的《法律评论》上的文章 |
[37:11] | “Rehabilitation instead of retribution.” | 《改造取代惩罚》 |
[37:15] | She learned too late that Roger had sold out. | 她知道罗杰的背叛时已经晚了 |
[37:18] | Tens of millions of dollars at stake with a private prison. | 上千万美元都压在了一家私营监狱 |
[37:20] | Wait, it … it wasn’t just about the money. | 等一下 这不只是钱的事 |
[37:23] | She was threatening to get him | 她还准备用那张被撕掉的投诉信 |
[37:24] | disbarred with the complaint that she tore up. | 威胁他让他失去律师资格 |
[37:26] | He’d lose everything. | 他会一无所有的 |
[37:28] | Keep watching. Look what he’s doing now. | 继续看 看他在干什么 |
[37:30] | Emptying the “Extensions” Folder. | 拿空了加刑文件夹 |
[37:34] | And taking a manila envelope. | 还拿走了一个马尼拉信封 |
[37:36] | The law clerk said the Judge came back for something. | 书记员说过法官回来找过东西 |
[37:38] | Permission slips! That’s why she left the courtroom. | 许可证 所以她才会离开法庭 |
[37:43] | Well, you’re not allowed to start the competition | 除非上交所有孩子的许可证 |
[37:45] | until you’ve turned in all the kids’ permission slips. | 否则是不允许开始比赛的 |
[37:48] | Let’s get a warrant. | 去申请个搜查令吧 |
[37:58] | Detectives, approach, please. | 警探 请上前来 |
[37:59] | Thank you, your honor. Are those the permission slips? | 谢谢 法官大人 那些是许可证吗 |
[38:02] | Any news? The kids are just about to come in | 有新消息吗 孩子们就快要进场 |
[38:05] | to finish the mock-trial competition. | 完成模拟庭审的比赛了 |
[38:06] | Yeah, I have some news, Roger, | 的确有新消息 罗杰 |
[38:07] | starting with the permission slips | 先从你从哈珀法官手提包里 |
[38:09] | that you took from Judge Harper’s briefcase. | 拿走的许可证说起吧 |
[38:12] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[38:13] | – She left them in the courtroom. – No. | -她把它们落在了法庭上 -才不是 |
[38:15] | You convinced her that she left them in her office. | 你让她以为把它们落在了办公室里 |
[38:18] | That way you could start the competition. | 这样你就可以开始比赛了 |
[38:19] | Everyone was watching Ashley. | 所有人都关注着阿什莉 |
[38:21] | No one noticed you slip out, | 没人注意到你溜了出去 |
[38:22] | and you waited for Judge Harper in the stairwell, | 你在楼梯间里等着哈珀法官 |
[38:24] | and then you injected her with ritalin. | 然后给她注射了利他林 |
[38:27] | You’re out of your mind! | 胡说八道 |
[38:30] | I tried to save her. I gave her CPR. | 我还救她来着 给她做了心肺复苏 |
[38:32] | Yeah, you had to think fast. | 你脑筋转得挺快 |
[38:34] | What if she had been able to talk, Roger? | 万一她还能说话呢 罗杰 |
[38:36] | That must have shocked the | 她出现在这里的时候 |
[38:37] | hell out of you when she made it back here. | 你肯定吓坏了 |
[38:38] | You knew about her narcolepsy diagnosis, knew she took ritalin. | 你知道她有嗜睡症并在服用利他林 |
[38:42] | – This is obscene. – Yes, it is. | -太荒唐了 -的确 |
[38:44] | We executed a search warrant at your house. | 我们对你的房子进行了搜查 |
[38:47] | We found paint from the stairwell | 在你穿的西服上 |
[38:48] | and fibers from the Judge’s dress | 发现了楼梯间中的涂料 |
[38:50] | on the suit you were wearing. | 以及法官裙子上的纤维 |
[38:51] | Of course you did! | 当然会有这些东西 |
[38:52] | I was trying to start her heart. She was my friend. | 我当时在帮她心肺复苏 她是我的朋友 |
[38:53] | And you made sure you | 你要确保即使被怀疑 |
[38:54] | touched her in case you were ever a suspect. | 也能证明自己触碰过她 |
[38:56] | – That’s not true! – No? | -那不是真的 -不是 |
[38:58] | Since when did CPR require a syringe filled with ritalin? | 何时心肺复苏会用到装满利他林的注射器了 |
[39:01] | What syringe? Oh, the supposed murder weapon? | 什么注射器 那个假设的凶器 |
[39:04] | Do you have that? Did you … | 你们找到了吗 你们找… |
[39:05] | did you recover it when you tore apart my house? | 你们拆我房子的时候有找到吗 |
[39:06] | I’m sure you disposed of it. | 你当然销毁了它 |
[39:08] | Luckily, you carried that syringe out of the courthouse | 但你把注射器放在西服口袋里 |
[39:11] | in your suit pocket. | 带出了法庭 |
[39:13] | We found traces of ritalin and her blood | 我们在你的衣服上检测出了 |
[39:15] | on your clothes. | 利他林和法官的血迹 |
[39:26] | Vince. | 文斯 |
[39:27] | My friend at the I.R.S. confirms it. | 我在税务局的朋友确认过了 |
[39:30] | Your debt is paid off. | 你的欠债被还清了 |
[39:39] | Oh, I feel like I just got my life back! | 终于捡回条小命 |
[39:46] | He’s not supposed to be drinking. | 他怎么能喝酒 |
[39:47] | It’s a soda. | 那是苏打水 |
[39:49] | Hey, everyone, next round’s on me! | 各位 下一轮算我的 |
[39:54] | You, too, Jane. And, of course, you, too, Maura. | 你也是 简 当然莫拉也是 |
[39:58] | – What are you doing, Tommy? – I’m celebrating. | -你在干嘛 汤米 -我在庆祝啊 |
[40:01] | My case against the Storrow Center settled. | 我跟斯托罗中心的案子结了 |
[40:03] | – Oh, Tommy! – Tommy, hey. Listen… | -汤米 -汤米 听着 |
[40:07] | maybe it’s best that you don’t spend your money like this. | 你不该这么乱花钱 |
[40:10] | Ma, I want you to stop worrying, okay, | 妈 别担心了 好吗 |
[40:12] | about me, and now you can stop worrying about, you know, | 别担心我 现在你也不用再担心 |
[40:14] | your financial issues. | 你的财政问题了 |
[40:18] | Tommy, you didn’t. | 汤米 不会吧 |
[40:21] | – Didn’t what? – You paid off her debt? | -不会什么 -你替她还的钱 |
[40:23] | – You paid off the I.R.S.? – $27,000? | -税款是你还的 -两万七千块 |
[40:26] | How do you two know?! | 你们俩怎么知道的 |
[40:30] | – Vince? – Don’t look at me. | -文斯 -别看我 |
[40:32] | I didn’t say a word. | 我可什么也没说 |
[40:34] | Uh… well… we … | 我们 |
[40:38] | No. I. I… wa… | 不是 我 我 |
[40:42] | – It was just a long story … – I told them. | -说来话长 -我说的 |
[40:44] | Look, you shouldn’t have to do everything on your own. | 你不该把所有事都自己扛 |
[40:46] | They wanted to help, just like me. | 他们想要帮你 跟我一样 |
[40:49] | Oh, come here, Tommy. Thank you. | 过来 汤米 谢谢 |
[40:54] | Ma, I can’t breathe. | 妈 我喘不上气了 |
[40:57] | Listen… I’m gonna pay you every penny, son. | 我会把钱都还给你的 儿子 |
[41:00] | I promise … with interest. | 我保证 还有利息 |
[41:01] | – Ma, look. I owe you plenty. – No, I … | -妈 我亏欠你太多了 -才不是 |
[41:06] | I’m proud of you, Tommy. | 真为你骄傲 汤米 |
[41:09] | You’re the man that pop never was. | 你比老爹强太多了 |
[41:11] | You don’t have to get all mushy on me, Jane. | 别跟我这么肉麻了 简 |
[41:13] | Well, I can if I want to! Oh, I love you so much. | 我想我就能 我爱你 |
[41:18] | I love you. And listen, okay. | 我爱你 但是听着 |
[41:20] | You are not allowed to do this on your own, all right? | 你不准一个人全包 |
[41:22] | – Frankie and I will split it with you. – Thanks, Jane. | -弗兰基和我会跟你平分的 -谢了 简 |
[41:24] | Well, listen, since we’re all hugging here, | 既然我们都在这搂搂抱抱的 |
[41:26] | – Can I hug Maura, too? – You bet. | -我能抱莫拉吗 -当然 |
[41:30] | – Hands where I can see them. – What? | -手别乱放 -什么 |
[41:35] | What about you, Korsak? You want a hug? | 你呢 科萨克 抱一个吗 |
[41:36] | Come on! Give me a hug! | 来吧 抱一个 |