时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Glory be to the father… | 荣耀归于父 |
[00:10] | – to the son… – Where is it? | -归于子 -东西在哪 |
[00:12] | to the holy spirit. | 归于圣灵 |
[00:14] | As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, | 起初如何 今日亦然 直到永远 |
[00:17] | So help me god. | 主啊 救救我 |
[00:25] | Where is it?! | 东西在哪 |
[00:32] | Holy spirit… | 圣灵啊 |
[00:44] | Oh, for the love of Christ. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[00:56] | Damn! | 见鬼 |
[01:05] | Yum. | 真好吃 |
[01:06] | Tastes just like a ham-and-cheese omelet. | 跟火腿芝士煎蛋卷一个味 |
[01:09] | Except without the ham and the cheese and the omelet. | 就差点火腿 芝士和蛋卷 |
[01:14] | How did — what? | 怎么… 看什么呢 |
[01:17] | No. | 不行 |
[01:18] | I am not playing “What not to wear” | 清早八点半我可不玩 |
[01:21] | at 8:30 in the morning. | “别穿那件”那套 |
[01:22] | Wh– it’s just pants and a shirt! | 不过是条裤子和一件上衣 |
[01:25] | Well, it’s just… you’re meeting Jack today, | 你今天要跟杰克见面 |
[01:28] | and I want you to look as good for him as you do for me. | 我希望你在他面前能像在我面前一样美 |
[01:31] | Which is really good, by the way. | 而且你在我面前确实挺美的 |
[01:34] | So you want me to wear my Alexander Wang dress? | 你想让我穿那条王大仁设计的裙子吧 |
[01:36] | – You have an Alexander Wang dress? – No. | -你有王大仁设计的裙子吗 -没有啊 |
[01:39] | Besides, I’d worry less about what I’m wearing | 而且比起担心我穿什么 |
[01:41] | and worry about yourself. | 还是担心一下你自己吧 |
[01:43] | – Well, what are you talking about? – Your earrings. | -什么意思 -你的耳环 |
[01:46] | They’re Chanel. | 它们可是香奈儿的 |
[01:47] | One of them is. | 只有一个是 |
[01:49] | What? | 什么 |
[01:55] | Oh, god, what else am I missing? | 天哪 我还丢了什么 |
[01:58] | Hopefully it’s not something that rhymes with the word “Manties.” | 但愿别是某个跟”类库”押韵的东西 |
[02:04] | What? | 怎么了 |
[02:05] | Where’s your usual confident demeanor? | 你平时自信的风度呢 |
[02:07] | Oh, I don’t know. I just… | 我也不知道 |
[02:09] | You know, I just — I think that Jack is great. | 我觉得杰克很棒 |
[02:12] | And I just really want to make a good first impression. | 我很想给他留个好的第一印象 |
[02:15] | Which is silly, because he’s already met me, | 这想法很蠢 因为他已经见过我了 |
[02:16] | so this is like a third or fourth impression, | 所以这估计已经是第三或第四印象了 |
[02:18] | – And the science is unequivocal on whether… – Okay. | -科学研究在这方面很模棱两可… -好了 |
[02:22] | In this early and awkward stage, | 在这个尴尬的初级阶段 |
[02:25] | let’s not concentrate on what we’re wearing. | 我们先别关注穿什么了 |
[02:28] | Let’s concentrate on remaining calm | 先好好想想怎么保持冷静 |
[02:31] | and not scaring him off. | 别把他吓跑吧 |
[02:33] | Right. | 没错 |
[02:34] | So, no talking about work. | 所以别跟他谈工作 |
[02:36] | Why? The body is endlessly fascinating. | 为什么 尸体永远都迷人啊 |
[02:39] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[02:40] | – But less so the insides. Fine. | -但尸体内脏什么的可不那么迷人 -好吧 |
[02:44] | Then what do I talk about when something work-related comes up? | 那要是提到工作我该说什么 |
[02:47] | Anything. | 随便说 |
[02:49] | Oh, you say anything, but… | 你让我随便说 又不让… |
[02:50] | Okay, okay. Talk about puppies. | 好吧 聊聊小狗 |
[02:53] | Puppies? | 小狗 |
[02:54] | – Yeah, everybody loves puppies. – True. | -人人都爱小狗 -没错 |
[02:57] | Inflammation on the intestinal track of puppies — | 小狗肠道内的感染痕迹… |
[02:59] | The outsides, Maura. | 谈外观 莫拉 |
[03:01] | Everybody loves the outsides of puppies. | 人们喜欢的是萌萌的小狗 |
[03:07] | Keys. | 钥匙 |
[03:39] | Oh, see what happens when you get rid | 看到不用杜威图书十进制分类法 |
[03:40] | of the Dewey Decimal System? | 会发生什么了吧 |
[03:43] | I’m fairly certain this isn’t the work | 我很确定这不是某个 |
[03:44] | of some killer librarian. | 图书馆员下的杀手 |
[03:47] | Victim is Brendan McHale — dealt in rare books. | 死者名叫布兰登·迈克黑尔 交易稀有图书 |
[03:50] | Ooh, how rare? | 有多稀有 |
[03:50] | Some of the ones used as throw pillows, | 有些曾被当作枕头的书 |
[03:52] | they’re worth several thousand dollars. | 值几千美元 |
[03:56] | Ooh. Somebody went big papi on this safe over here. | 有人对这个保险箱下手不轻啊 |
[03:59] | Killer was looking for something. | 凶手在寻找某样东西 |
[04:01] | Well, I doubt whatever’s in there’s worth dying over, | 我倒想知道里面的东西值不值得为之去死 |
[04:03] | But I guess we’ll find out. | 但我们很快就会知道了 |
[04:04] | BPD’s still got a safe guy, right? | 警局里还有会开锁的吧 |
[04:06] | Tobin. He’ll be here tomorrow. | 是托宾 他明天来 |
[04:07] | That’s not exactly the urgency I was hoping for. | 我指望的可不是这种紧急程度 |
[04:09] | Oh, he’s at a conference in Las Vegas. | 他正在拉斯维加斯开会 |
[04:11] | Why does everybody get to go conferences except us? | 怎么除了我俩别人都在开会 |
[04:13] | What would we talk about at a conference? | 我们去开会有什么可说的 |
[04:15] | Baseball and how screwed up senior management is. | 棒球和高管们有多烂 |
[04:17] | You want to travel across the country for that? | 全国飞就为了说那些 |
[04:19] | If there was an open bar. | 有酒喝就去 |
[04:21] | Jane, Korsak. | 简 科萨克 |
[04:22] | The bruising indicates that each finger was broken separately, | 淤青表明手指是被逐根折断的 |
[04:26] | in about five-minute intervals. | 时间间隔大概五分钟 |
[04:27] | Frozen peas. Doubt he was making a side dish. | 速冻豆子 估计他在做小菜 |
[04:30] | The moisture on the epidermis of the fully-broken right hand | 受重伤的右手表皮上的水分 |
[04:33] | is significantly higher than the left. | 明显比左手多 |
[04:35] | So the killer was using the frozen peas as an ice pack | 凶手是把速冻豆子当做冰袋 |
[04:37] | to keep him awake while they tortured him. | 让他在受刑时保持清醒 |
[04:39] | Good times. | 真是美好时光啊 |
[04:41] | The vic’s only employee is wondering if he can leave. | 受害人唯一的雇员想知道他能否离开 |
[04:43] | You want to talk to him? | 你们想跟他谈谈吗 |
[04:48] | This is Ricky Kelly. He works here at the book store. | 他叫瑞奇·凯利 他在书店工作 |
[04:50] | He called us when he found Brendan this morning. | 今早是他发现了布兰登并报了警 |
[04:53] | – Who did that to him? – We don’t know yet. | -是谁杀了他 -我们还不清楚 |
[04:54] | – You have any ideas? – No. | -你有什么想法吗 -没有 |
[04:57] | How long have you worked here? | 你在这里工作多久了 |
[04:58] | – Little over three years. – Do you know if Mr. McHale | -三年多一点 -你知道迈克黑尔先生 |
[05:00] | was having any problems with anybody? | 跟谁有过节吗 |
[05:02] | No. Brendan made it a point to get along with everyone. | 不知道 布兰登很看重跟大家好好相处 |
[05:05] | How did you end up working here? | 你怎么会在这里工作 |
[05:06] | No offense, Ricky. | 无意冒犯 瑞奇 |
[05:07] | But you hardly seem like the rare-books type. | 但你看着不像是喜欢珍本的人 |
[05:10] | Don’t judge a book by its cover. | 不要以貌取人 |
[05:12] | I think that’s the saying, right, Detective? | 这是句谚语吧 警探 |
[05:13] | Yes, but I’d still like an answer. | 没错 但你能回答一下吗 |
[05:16] | I needed a job, he gave me one. | 我需要工作 他给了我一份工作 |
[05:18] | Simple as that. | 就这么简单 |
[05:19] | In our experience, things are rarely that simple. | 从我们的经验来看 事情很少那么简单 |
[05:23] | – You know what he kept in the safe? – Nope. | -你知道保险箱里放着什么吗 -不知道 |
[05:26] | – You know the combination or where he keeps it? – Nope. | -你知道密码或者他把密码写在哪吗 -不 |
[05:28] | – Do you have an alibi for last night? – Nope. | -你昨晚有不在场证明吗 -没 |
[05:37] | Look into this kid’s background. | 去查查这孩子的背景 |
[05:39] | He didn’t seem too shaken up over his boss’s death. | 他貌似对他老板的死没什么反应 |
[05:41] | Which means he’s either guilty, | 这意味着他要么有罪 |
[05:42] | or he’s a 20-year-old street kid, | 要么就是个二十岁的街头小子 |
[05:44] | keeps his emotions to himself. | 把所有想法都藏在心里 |
[05:45] | I think we should probably figure out which it is. | 我们应该弄清楚到底是那种 |
[05:47] | Can you write your contact information down | 你能把你的联系方式写下来吗 |
[05:48] | just in case we have any more questions later? | 以防我们还有问题要问你 |
[05:52] | Please? | 请写一下吧 |
[06:00] | He died of shock due to an inadequate substrate | 他死于由有氧细胞呼吸不足 |
[06:02] | for aerobic cellular respiration. | 所造成的休克 |
[06:05] | He stopped breathing. | 他停止呼吸了 |
[06:06] | And his blood pressure also plummeted. | 他的血压也下降了 |
[06:08] | His heartbeat skyrocketed, his organs compensated, | 他的心率下降 器官衰竭 |
[06:12] | shut down, and then he stopped breathing. | 停止工作 然后他停止了呼吸 |
[06:14] | – So, the torture caused him to die from shock. – Yes. | -所以他被折磨到休克至死 -对 |
[06:19] | And it appears that the killer thought | 而且凶手貌似认为 |
[06:20] | that Brendan had passed out. | 布兰登是昏过去了 |
[06:22] | He tried to revive him with a slap, | 他试图扇他一巴掌把他叫醒 |
[06:24] | and then with amyl nitrate. | 然后又用了嗅盐 |
[06:25] | But Brendan was already dead so there isn’t any in his lungs, | 但布兰登已经死了所以嗅盐没有进入他的肺 |
[06:28] | but we did find traces of it | 但我们在他的左鼻冠 |
[06:29] | on the outer crest of his left nostril. | 发现了嗅盐的痕迹 |
[06:31] | Hmm, well, we didn’t find any poppers at the scene, | 我们在现场没有找到嗅盐瓶 |
[06:33] | but I can have a team search the surrounding areas. | 但我已经让一队人在附近搜查了 |
[06:36] | FYI, dead bodies not being able to inhale amyl nitrate — | 供你参考 尸体无法吸入嗅盐这种话题 |
[06:40] | perfect example of what not to talk to Jack about. | 就是不能跟杰克聊的绝好例子 |
[06:43] | Jane, I hope you don’t have dinner plans. | 简 我希望你晚餐没有约会 |
[06:45] | Oh, actually, we do. We’re about to meet — | 其实我们有约 我们要去见… |
[06:49] | But… you were saying…? | 但是你想说什么 |
[06:50] | The officer guarding the book store was attacked. | 守卫书店的警官遇袭了 |
[06:52] | Our crime scene’s been broken into. | 有人闯入了我们的犯罪现场 |
[06:53] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -真的 |
[06:56] | Great. I’m sorry. | 太好了 真抱歉 |
[06:58] | Jack will understand. | 杰克会理解的 |
[06:58] | – Can you reschedule for tomorrow? – I will. | -你能改到明天吗 -可以 |
[07:00] | – Okay, and remember… – I know. Catuli. | -好的 还要记得… -我知道 幼犬 |
[07:03] | Ye– no, puppies. | 对…不 是小狗 |
[07:04] | Yes, that’s “Puppies” in Latin. | 那就是拉丁文里的小狗 |
[07:07] | Maura, I just don’t want you — | 莫拉 我只是不想让你 |
[07:08] | I know — screw up a relationship | 我知道 毁了一段 |
[07:09] | with the first guy I like who doesn’t want to kill me. | 跟第一个我喜欢又不想杀我的人的感情 |
[07:12] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:20] | I was doing a routine perimeter patrol. | 我当时正在做例行的周边巡逻 |
[07:21] | Next thing I know, I wake up staring at the ceiling. | 后来醒来的时候就是面朝天花板了 |
[07:24] | And when you came to, that’s when you made the call? | 你醒来之后就打电话给我们了吗 |
[07:26] | Yeah, immediately. | 对 立刻就打了 |
[07:27] | The guy, uh, must have heard me on the phone and took off. | 那个人 肯定是听到我打电话就逃走了 |
[07:29] | I tried to give chase, but… | 我试着去追他 但是… |
[07:31] | Woozy. Yeah, I get it. | 头晕 我懂的 |
[07:33] | – Did you catch a glimpse of his face? – No. | -你看到他的脸了吗 -没有 |
[07:35] | But I could tell he was a big guy — tall. | 但我可以说那人是个大个子 很高 |
[07:37] | For you to say tall, he must be a giraffe. | 你都觉得他高 他肯定是只长颈鹿 |
[07:40] | Take care of yourself, all right? | 你多保重 好吗 |
[07:44] | What is so valuable that someone is going to break | 是什么东西值钱到让人闯进有人把守的 |
[07:47] | into a guarded crime scene to get to? | 犯罪现场来偷呢 |
[07:50] | Tobin the safecracker’s still in Vegas. | 那个破解保险箱的托宾还在维加斯 |
[07:51] | I had the captain tell him to catch a flight back tonight. | 我让警长告诉他坐今晚的航班回来 |
[07:54] | We have an inventory of everything in the book shop. | 我们有书店里所有东西的清单 |
[07:56] | Nothing of value’s missing. | 什么值钱的东西都没丢 |
[07:58] | Well, whatever all this is about, it must still be in here. | 不管是要找什么 那东西肯定都还在这里 |
[08:01] | I’ll be sure to get two units to guard the place tonight. | 我今晚会让两个小队来把守这里 |
[08:11] | Was Jack okay with us having to reschedule dinner? | 杰克不介意我们改了约会时间吗 |
[08:13] | Oh, definitely. He’s very understanding. | 当然 他非常善解人意 |
[08:15] | He even made us a reservation | 他还在一个很棒的法国餐厅 |
[08:16] | at a wonderful french restaurant. | 给我们定了位置 |
[08:19] | Do they have toast? | 他们有敬酒词[吐司]吗 |
[08:20] | French toast. | 有法国吐司 |
[08:21] | Yeah, set you up for that one. | 你果然中了圈套 |
[08:24] | It was right in my strike zone, | 你的问题刚好在我的好球区 |
[08:25] | and I knocked it through the uprights. | 于是我就垂直一击 |
[08:26] | And I’ve never been more proud to call you my friend. | 我从没为你这个朋友这么自豪过 |
[08:28] | You should have seen me last night. | 你应该看看我昨晚的表现 |
[08:30] | – Not even one slipup about a cold cadaver? – Nope. | -一句尸体都没提吗 -没有 |
[08:34] | But did you know you can cross a poodle | 但你知道你可以用贵宾犬 |
[08:35] | with almost any dog to make it hypoallergenic? | 跟任何种类的狗杂交以降低过敏性吗 |
[08:38] | They’re called doodles. | 它们被称为贵宾串 |
[08:40] | There are 50 different kinds. | 有五十个不同的种类 |
[08:41] | There’s labradoodles and goldendoodles, | 有拉布拉多贵宾串 金毛贵宾串 |
[08:43] | and, my favorite, the schnoodle. | 还有我最喜欢的雪纳贵宾串 |
[08:45] | It’s a schnauzer/poodle. | 是雪纳瑞和贵宾的杂交 |
[08:50] | What happens if you cross one with a poodle? | 如果你用贵宾犬跟贵宾犬配种呢 |
[08:51] | Do you get a poo-poo doodle? | 会生出贵宾贵宾串吗 |
[08:53] | No, it’s just a poodle. | 不 那还是贵宾犬 |
[08:56] | We found a popper vial in the trash can near the book store. | 我们在书店附近的一个垃圾桶里找到了嗅盐瓶 |
[08:59] | I sent it over to the crime lab. | 我把它送到犯罪实验室去了 |
[09:00] | Great. Any word on our wayward safecracker? | 很好 有保险柜破解者的消息吗 |
[09:03] | He’s meeting you at the book store in two hours. | 他两小时后在书店跟你见面 |
[09:05] | Guess it takes that long to wash the Vegas off you. | 得花那么长时间把身上的维加斯气息洗掉 |
[09:07] | Based on how he sounded on the phone, | 根据他在电话里的语气来看 |
[09:09] | I think you’ll be lucky if he puts in any effort at all. | 他能努力给你开保险柜你就很幸运了 |
[09:13] | So, I finished the background check on Ricky, | 我做完了对瑞奇的背景调查 |
[09:15] | that kid from the book store. | 就是书店的那个孩子 |
[09:19] | Beat cop in Mission Hills said he was a troubled kid — | 观澜湖的巡警说他是个问题少年 |
[09:22] | ran with the bad crowd. | 跟坏人混在一起 |
[09:23] | He was a regular at the precinct up there. | 他是那个辖区的惯犯 |
[09:25] | He been in trouble recently? | 他最近惹过麻烦吗 |
[09:27] | Oh, I’m glad you asked. | 真高兴你问了 |
[09:28] | Two weeks ago, Ricky Kelly | 两周前 瑞奇·凯利 |
[09:30] | tried to sell this illustrated page for 400 bucks. | 想把这张图以四百块的价钱卖出去 |
[09:33] | How did he get caught? | 他是怎么被抓到的 |
[09:34] | Well, the buyer saw the straight edge | 买家看到了这条直边 |
[09:35] | and was afraid it had been cut out of a rare book. | 他怕这是从一本珍本中裁下来的 |
[09:37] | If Ricky was arrested, why didn’t this pop up sooner? | 如果瑞奇被捕了 为什么我们没有立刻发现呢 |
[09:40] | He didn’t get arrested. | 他没有被捕 |
[09:42] | When Brendan was contacted, he said the page was his, | 联系到布兰登时 他说那是他的 |
[09:44] | but he refused to press charges. | 但他不想报案 |
[09:46] | So Brendan gave him a second chance? | 所以布兰登给了他第二次机会吗 |
[09:48] | Well, it’s possible Ricky | 有可能瑞奇 |
[09:49] | was just doing the nickel-and-dime thefts | 一直都只是小偷小摸 |
[09:51] | while he was waiting to get whatever was inside the safe. | 为的是等待打开保险箱的机会 |
[09:54] | When he got caught, he knew his time was up. | 当他被抓时 他觉得不能再等了 |
[09:56] | Solid theory. | 不错的推理 |
[09:58] | Pretty sucky outcome, if that’s what happened. | 果真如此的话 那可真是个糟糕的结局 |
[10:00] | You’re telling me. | 说的就是啊 |
[10:04] | Everybody needs money. | 谁都需要钱 |
[10:06] | You think I’m gonna beat the hell out of him | 你认为我会因为几百块钱 |
[10:07] | for a couple hundred bucks? | 就把他打成这样吗 |
[10:09] | We spoke to a cop in your neighborhood, | 我们和你街区的警察谈过了 |
[10:10] | he said you were suspected of a lot of things. | 他说你涉嫌参与过多起案件 |
[10:12] | I’ll bet you didn’t have good reasons for doing those, either. | 我想你干那些事也不是出于什么好原因吧 |
[10:16] | I’m not proud of what I’ve done, but — | 我知道我干过些坏事 但是 |
[10:18] | but t-they don’t add up to murder. | 但我还没坏到去杀人啊 |
[10:20] | I would never hurt Brendan. | 我绝不会伤害布兰登的 |
[10:23] | All right, then explain this. | 好吧 那你怎么解释这个 |
[10:25] | I sold those, and others too, | 是我卖的 还有其他那些 |
[10:26] | just to pay bills in the store. | 都是为了支付书店的开销 |
[10:28] | Did Brendan ask you to? | 是布兰登要你这么做的吗 |
[10:30] | He didn’t know. Not until I got caught. | 他不知道 直到我被抓 |
[10:32] | And then what did he say? | 那他怎么说的 |
[10:34] | He gave me a dozen more | 他又给了我一些 |
[10:35] | to frame and sell those, too, if I wanted. | 说我愿意的话可以裱起来继续卖 |
[10:41] | Well, he’s not dead because he’s a bad businessman. | 但他死掉可不是因为他是个坏商人 |
[10:44] | I don’t know why he’s dead. Okay? | 我不知道他为什么会死 好吗 |
[10:50] | Brendan changed. | 布兰登变了 |
[10:51] | About six months ago, he stopped caring about the store. | 大概六个月前 他突然就不关心书店了 |
[10:53] | He stopped answering calls. He stopped returning e-mails. | 他不接电话 不回邮件 |
[10:58] | We hadn’t sold books in months. | 我们都好几个月没卖出去书了 |
[11:00] | I had to frame and sell these prints | 我只能把那些画裱起来卖掉 |
[11:02] | just to keep the lights on. | 勉强维持书店运营 |
[11:04] | You have evidence that you were doing that? | 你有做这些事的证据吗 |
[11:06] | Yeah, I got all the invoices at my apartment — | 收据都在我的公寓里 |
[11:08] | what I got, what I spent the money on. | 收到了多少和花在了哪里都有 |
[11:10] | I wouldn’t hurt Brendan, ever. | 我绝不会伤害布兰登的 绝不 |
[11:14] | He came into the boys & girls club | 三年前他来儿童群益会 |
[11:15] | about three years ago and asked for an intern. | 要找一个实习生 |
[11:17] | He gave me a job, and that is what turned my life around. | 他给了我工作 这完全改变了我的生活 |
[11:20] | When we first talked, | 我们第一次见面时 |
[11:22] | you said, “I needed a job, he gave me a job. | 你说”我需要工作 他雇了我 |
[11:25] | Simple as that.” Now you change your story? | 就这么简单” 现在你又改变说辞了 |
[11:28] | Yeah, well, the first time we met, | 我们第一次见面时 |
[11:29] | you said I didn’t look like the rare-book type, | 你还说我看起来不像对珍本有兴趣的人呢 |
[11:31] | so I guess we’ll just call it even. | 就算我们扯平了吧 |
[11:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[11:37] | What happened to Brendan six months ago? | 六个月前布兰登发生了什么事 |
[11:42] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:44] | He stopped talking, | 他突然就不爱说话了 |
[11:45] | and he started going to church every day. | 而且开始每天去教堂 |
[11:47] | I thought it was because of me, and then it turns out | 我以为是因为我 但后来发现 |
[11:50] | it had nothing to do with me. | 和我没关系 |
[11:52] | It was just in his own head. | 完全是他自己的问题 |
[11:53] | But you don’t know why? | 但你不知道为什么 |
[11:57] | I wish I did. | 我真希望我知道 |
[11:59] | Maybe I could have done something to help him. | 说不定我能想办法帮帮他 |
[12:12] | I heard you got something off the amyl nitrate bottle? | 我听说你在嗅盐瓶上找到了什么 |
[12:14] | Uh, no, it was clean. | 没有 瓶子很干净 |
[12:16] | Oh. So why did you call me? | 那你找我有什么事 |
[12:19] | I had a crime tech go back and get the trash-can lid | 我让技术人员取来了 |
[12:23] | where the bottle was found, and… | 发现瓶子的垃圾桶盖 我发现了 |
[12:29] | five solid prints. | 五枚清晰的指纹 |
[12:30] | You’re very good at your job. | 你对你的工作真擅长啊 |
[12:32] | Well, I have a very good light, but thank you. | 是因为有好灯 不过谢谢你的夸奖 |
[12:35] | Do they match anyone in the AFIS? | 在自动指纹识别系统中找到吻合的了吗 |
[12:36] | I didn’t run it through the system yet. | 我还没在系统里搜索呢 |
[12:38] | I wouldn’t want to overstep my bounds as the medical examiner. | 作为一位法医我不想越权行事 |
[12:41] | But I’ve got them all set up | 但是我已经设置好了 |
[12:42] | for you to do the search through the database. | 以便让你搜索数据库 |
[12:47] | You weren’t really gonna run it through the system? | 你真的不打算自己搜索吗 |
[12:49] | Oh, of course I was. | 当然有这打算了 |
[12:50] | I just hadn’t pressed “Enter” yet. | 我只是还没按回车键 |
[13:06] | So, I heard you’re dating someone? | 我听说你在约会 |
[13:09] | I am. | 是的 |
[13:11] | It’s… been a couple of times, but… | 只是 约会过几次而已 不过 |
[13:14] | I mean, Jane hasn’t even met him yet. | 简都还没见过他呢 |
[13:16] | Well, I’m sure she’ll like him. She likes everyone. | 她一定会喜欢他的 她谁都喜欢 |
[13:21] | I mean, she likes everyone we like. | 我是说 我们喜欢的人她都喜欢 |
[13:24] | She’s an excellent judge of character. | 她很会判断人的性格 |
[13:27] | Speaking of Jane, where is she? | 既然说到简 她现在在哪 |
[13:29] | She’s at the crime scene | 她和科萨克还有 |
[13:30] | with Korsak and the safecracker. | 开保险箱的在案发现场 |
[13:35] | Donald Maxwell. | 唐纳德·麦克斯韦 |
[13:37] | Not the type of guy you want to bring home to mother. | 可不是你想带回家见妈妈的那种人 |
[13:40] | Not even his mother. | 估计他自己的妈妈都不怎么想见他 |
[13:50] | Is that a hickey? | 你脸上的是唇印吗 |
[13:52] | What happens in Vegas. | 拉斯维加斯那点事呗 |
[13:53] | What happens in Vegas delayed our investigation. | 拉斯维加斯那点事耽误了我们的调查 |
[13:56] | Yeah, I was at a conference. | 我是去开会了 |
[13:57] | Is that what they call the strippers’ convention now? | 他们现在管脱衣舞娘年会叫开会了吗 |
[13:59] | They have conventions, too? | 脱衣舞娘也有年会吗 |
[14:06] | Looks like I didn’t delay your investigation at all, Geraldo. | 看来我并没有耽误调查 杰拉尔多 |
[14:10] | Someone was trying hard to break into an empty safe. | 有人费劲想撬开的是个空保险箱 |
[14:13] | You know, whatever we’ve been looking for, | 不管我们要找的是什么东西 |
[14:15] | I’m not sure that it’s been in here, at least not recently. | 我想它最近一段时间可能都没在里面 |
[14:18] | Maybe McHale knew the killer was coming, | 也许是迈克黑尔知道凶手要来 |
[14:20] | hid it someplace else? | 所以把它藏到别处了 |
[14:23] | Yeah, hid it someplace else. | 藏到别处啊 |
[14:25] | Or maybe… | 也许 |
[14:27] | the safe was just meant to be heavy. | 要这个保险箱正是因为它重呢 |
[14:29] | Korsak, does that look odd to you? | 科萨克 你觉得那里看起来奇怪吗 |
[14:30] | Yeah, like somebody’s been messing with the baseboard. | 好像有人撬过护壁板 |
[14:33] | Hey, lover boy, can I borrow your crowbar? | 美男子 能让我用用你的撬棍吗 |
[14:36] | It’s Tobin. | 我叫托宾 |
[14:38] | You want me to do that for you? | 要我来帮你弄吗 |
[14:39] | You want me to hit you in the nuts with it? | 你想让我用它打你蛋蛋吗 |
[14:50] | Great hiding place. | 真是藏东西的好地方 |
[14:53] | Not that it did him any damn good. | 但是没给他带来什么好处 |
[14:59] | Father Cowens? | 科文斯神父 |
[15:10] | And when we pried the baseboard off, | 我们把护壁板撬下来之后 |
[15:12] | we found a book with this note in it. | 在里面发现了夹着这个纸条的一本书 |
[15:16] | I’ll save you the trouble of reading it. | 你就不用费事去看它了 |
[15:17] | It says “Thanks.” | 上面写的是谢谢 |
[15:19] | So what was Brendan asking you to do, father? | 布兰登让你干什么 神父 |
[15:21] | If anything ever happened to him, | 如果他出了什么事 |
[15:22] | I was to take what I’d found to a professor McTavish. | 我得把找到的东西交给一位迈克塔维斯教授 |
[15:26] | McTavish? He at BCU? | 迈克塔维斯 波士顿城市大学的吗 |
[15:28] | No, State. | 不 是州立大学 |
[15:29] | – Why McTavish? – I don’t know. | -为什么要给迈克塔维斯 -我不知道 |
[15:32] | I was to tell the professor that the book was a riddle. | 我得告诉那位教授这本书是个谜语 |
[15:35] | – A riddle? – Yes. | -一个谜语 -对 |
[15:37] | Let me get this straight, Father Cowens — | 我跟你直说吧 科文斯神父 |
[15:38] | You were willing to steal evidence | 你愿意为了帮一个朋友 |
[15:40] | to help a buddy solve a riddle? | 解开谜语而去偷证据 |
[15:41] | Brendan was an esteemed member of my church. | 布兰登是我教堂虔诚的一员 |
[15:44] | It was clear that something was weighing heavy on his heart, | 很明显他心里有很沉重的事 |
[15:46] | and he needed my help to free himself. | 他需要我的帮助来释放自己 |
[15:49] | I see that as my job, detective. | 那是我的工作 警探 |
[15:51] | Isn’t that what confession’s for? | 忏悔不就是干这个的吗 |
[15:54] | Well, I’m a fan of the ritual. | 我是宗教的信奉者 |
[15:57] | But it doesn’t always give people what they need. | 但宗教不是永远都能给人们想要的东西 |
[15:58] | So he didn’t confess anything | 所以他没有忏悔任何 |
[15:59] | that seems relevant to my investigation? | 跟我的调查有关的事吗 |
[16:02] | Well, if he had, I wouldn’t discuss that with you. | 如果有 我也不会跟你讨论的 |
[16:06] | But no, he did not. | 但是他没有 |
[16:07] | So how did you know he had troubles? | 那你怎么知道他有麻烦了 |
[16:10] | For years, Brendan’s been a holiday catholic. | 前些年 布兰登一直是节日天主教徒 |
[16:14] | He’d show up for Easter, Christmas. | 他会在复活节和圣诞节出现 |
[16:17] | About six months ago, he started coming to Sunday mass, | 大概六个月前 他开始参加主日弥撒 |
[16:20] | And then morning mass. | 然后是清晨弥撒 |
[16:22] | And for the last few months, he’s been the lay leader | 最近几个月 他已经成了 |
[16:24] | dringing up the holy sacrament for daily mass. | 安排每日弥撒圣餐的领导者 |
[16:28] | Didn’t take a rocket scientist to see | 正常人都能看出来 |
[16:29] | that Brendan was trying to fill some sort of hole in his life. | 布兰登的生活有了什么缺陷 |
[16:32] | And when were you gonna go get the book? | 你准备什么时候去拿那本书来着 |
[16:35] | As soon as you cleared out. | 你们处理完现场之后 |
[16:39] | And my investigation would have been stalled permanently. | 那我的调查就会永远陷入僵局 |
[16:46] | At least you’re honest, I’ll give you that. | 至少你很诚实 我可以这么说 |
[16:51] | I don’t get it. It’s a book. | 我不明白 这是本书 |
[16:54] | It’s old. | 而且很旧 |
[16:56] | And, yes, old things are valuable, | 古老的东西确实值钱 |
[16:58] | but was Brendan McHale so down on his luck | 但布兰登·迈克黑尔运气怎么这么差 |
[17:00] | that he’s gonna let someone kill him | 以至于他被人杀了 |
[17:02] | as opposed to turning it over? | 也没有把书交出来 |
[17:04] | Well, Bill Gates paid $30 million | 比尔·盖茨为一本达芬奇法典 |
[17:06] | for a codex of Da Vinci’s. | 付了三千万美元 |
[17:08] | And yet, no one is breaking his fingers to try and get it. | 但没人掰断他的手指让他交出来 |
[17:11] | So my question stands. | 所以我都问题还成立 |
[17:12] | And who is this McTavish guy | 还有那个神父要把书送到的 |
[17:14] | the priest was supposed to take the book to? | 迈克塔维斯是什么人 |
[17:16] | Do you know him? | 你认识他吗 |
[17:17] | Uh, he’s a professor of literature at state. | 他是州立大学的文学教授 |
[17:20] | I met him at a fundraiser for the library. | 我在图书馆的募捐会上见过他 |
[17:22] | You know, he’s a superhero | 他可是手稿界的 |
[17:23] | in the world of illuminated manuscripts. | 超级英雄 |
[17:26] | Okay, first of all, that’s not a world. | 首先 根本没有手稿界 |
[17:28] | And even if it were, they would not have superheroes. | 就算有 也不会有超级英雄 |
[17:31] | You know, he found the Gamea prayer book | 他在克罗地亚的一座图书馆里 |
[17:33] | in a library in Croatia. | 找到了盖米亚祈祷书 |
[17:34] | It hadn’t been seen in three centuries. | 已经三个世纪没人见过它了 |
[17:37] | McTavish spent 15 years tracking it down. | 迈克塔维斯用了十五年来追踪它 |
[17:40] | So he’s a nerd. | 所以他是个书呆子 |
[17:42] | Big time. | 一流的书呆子 |
[17:43] | But you know what’s strange is he’s an expert | 但奇怪的是他是 |
[17:46] | in illuminated manuscripts from the middle ages, | 中世纪手稿的专家 |
[17:48] | and this book looks to be from the 19th century. | 而这本书看起来像是十九世纪的 |
[17:52] | Nothing is ever easy. | 凡事都不简单啊 |
[17:53] | Okay, so, how do we proceed? | 我们怎么操作 |
[17:56] | Well, same as usual. No page will be left unturned. | 跟平时一样 一页都不放过 |
[18:02] | Straight through the uprights. Very nice. Very nice. | 又是垂直一击 非常好 非常好 |
[18:05] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[18:11] | Uh…well, that’s a very challenging palette | 那对你来说是很有挑战性的颜色 |
[18:15] | for you, Angela, but you seem to be pulling it off. | 安琪拉 但你看起来能把握住 |
[18:18] | Damn. | 糟糕 |
[18:20] | What can I do to look worse? | 我怎么才能看起来难看点 |
[18:23] | Ma, you look like a Russian nesting doll. What is up? | 妈 你看着就像俄罗斯套娃 怎么了 |
[18:26] | I’m breaking up with Sean today | 我今天要跟肖恩分手 |
[18:27] | and I didn’t want to look too good. | 所以我不想穿得太好看 |
[18:30] | To get him all hot and bothered | 让他觉得我很性感而感到困扰 |
[18:31] | and then dump him would be cruel. | 然后再甩了他就太残忍了 |
[18:33] | I-I thought that you liked Lieutenant Cavanaugh? | 我以为你喜欢卡瓦诺夫局长 |
[18:35] | I do, very much. | 我很喜欢他 |
[18:38] | But…? | 但是… |
[18:39] | But I’m re-thinking my life, and I need to let go of Sean. | 但我重新考虑了我的人生 我得跟肖恩分手 |
[18:43] | And I don’t want to hurt him. | 而我不想伤害他 |
[18:47] | Okay, well, ma, I can say with the utmost certainty, | 好吧 妈 我可以很确定地说 |
[18:51] | you have never looked worse. | 你从没这么难看过 |
[18:54] | Thank you, sweetheart. | 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[18:55] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[18:59] | This doesn’t happen often. | 这不经常发生 |
[19:00] | But right now, I’m very confused. | 但现在 我很困惑 |
[19:02] | Oh, yeah, you’ll figure out that book | 在你弄明白我妈之前 |
[19:04] | before you figure out my mother. | 你肯定能弄明白那本书 |
[19:11] | You didn’t look hard enough, Donald. | 你找得没那么仔细 唐纳德 |
[19:13] | We found it behind the safe in McHale’s office. | 我们在迈克黑尔办公室的保险箱后面找到的 |
[19:17] | Listen — I’ve got you dead to rights. | 听着 我已经找到了确凿的证据 |
[19:19] | We have your fingerprints on a trash can | 我们在他死亡现场附近的垃圾桶上 |
[19:22] | near the scene of his murder. | 发现了你的指纹 |
[19:25] | So, I’m gonna give you a chance to make a deal for yourself. | 我给你一个为自己争取交易的机会 |
[19:36] | Just tell me what makes this book worth killing a man over? | 只要告诉我那本书为什么值一条人命 |
[19:47] | The sound of your voice is really starting to grate on me. | 你说话的声音真的让我很恼火 |
[19:53] | Look, I don’t mind your silence. | 我不介意你沉默 |
[19:57] | Whatever you go to say, write it down. | 有什么想说的 就写下来 |
[20:31] | Well, I’ve really enjoyed our little chat. | 跟你聊得很开心 |
[20:47] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[20:50] | Don’t freak out. | 别紧张 |
[20:51] | Why, because you’ve completely disemboweled | 为什么 你把我谋杀案的 |
[20:53] | the key piece of evidence in my murder case? | 关键证据给大卸八块了 |
[20:55] | I can put it back together in 10 minutes, | 我十分钟就能把它们拼起来 |
[20:57] | which is probably 5 minutes more than it took Brendan to make it. | 可能也就比布兰登做它的时候多了五分钟 |
[21:00] | He made it? | 这是他做的 |
[21:01] | It’s a Frankenstein. | 他做的东西害死了他 |
[21:03] | The — the pages, the front and back board, | 书页 硬皮封面和封底 |
[21:05] | the spine are all from the 19th century, | 还有书脊 都是十九世纪的 |
[21:07] | but the glue and the thread are less than a year old. | 但是胶水和线都是不到一年前产的 |
[21:11] | So, it’s a counterfeit rare book? | 这么说这是本仿冒的珍本 |
[21:13] | Well, not in a meaningful sense. | 没有什么实际意义 |
[21:15] | A third-grader who liked rare books | 喜欢珍本的三年级小学生 |
[21:17] | would know it was a fake. | 也能看出这是仿制的 |
[21:18] | You and I were very different third-graders. | 咱俩可不是三年级了 |
[21:20] | How much is it worth? | 这个能值多少钱 |
[21:22] | Approximately? | 大约吗 |
[21:23] | Ballpark. | 粗略估计 |
[21:25] | Absolutely nothing. | 一文不值 |
[21:27] | I know. This is a setback. | 我知道 又白忙活了 |
[21:31] | Should I cancel with Jack? | 我应该取消跟杰克的约会吗 |
[21:33] | What? No, we can’t cancel on him again. | 什么 不要 我们不能再爽约了 |
[21:36] | So we go, then? | 那我们要去了 |
[21:40] | Or is there a third Jane-ian option I haven’t thought of? | 难道还有什么我没想到的第三种选择吗 |
[21:43] | I just can’t figure out why someone is willing to die | 我只是不明白为什么有人为了藏一本 |
[21:46] | to hide a completely worthless and fake book. | 一文不值的仿制珍本而死 |
[21:49] | I just… | 我… |
[21:53] | I’ll cancel. | 我还是取消吧 |
[22:06] | – Hey, Ricky. – Hi. | -你好 瑞奇 -你好 |
[22:07] | – You needed to see me? – Yeah. | -你要见我 -对 |
[22:09] | Is this an okay time? | 你方便吗 |
[22:10] | Yeah, sure. You want me to buy you a cup of coffee? | 当然 请你喝杯咖啡怎么样 |
[22:13] | Actually, | 其实 |
[22:14] | I got my little sister in the car waiting. | 我妹妹还在车上等我 |
[22:16] | I’m taking her to a soccer game. | 我要送她去参加足球比赛 |
[22:17] | Fun. How old is she? | 真好 她多大 |
[22:19] | She’s 14. Yeah. | 十四岁了 |
[22:20] | And, thankfully, nothing like me when I was that age, so… | 谢天谢地 她不像我十四岁时那样 |
[22:23] | get straight As, respects her teachers. | 她每科都得A 尊敬老师 |
[22:25] | Nice, nice. | 很好 很好 |
[22:26] | Yeah… | 是啊 |
[22:28] | Anyways, I was seeing if I could | 言归正传 我是想问问 |
[22:30] | go back to the book store. | 我能不能回到书店去 |
[22:31] | You know, I know Brendan wouldn’t want it a mess, | 我知道布兰登不想让那里一团糟 |
[22:33] | and I just want to grab a broom and straighten it up. | 所以我想去打扫一下 |
[22:36] | Okay, let me check with the crime techs, okay? | 我去跟技术人员确认一下 好吗 |
[22:39] | See when they’re finished. | 看看他们什么时候能弄完 |
[22:40] | Yeah, yeah. Thank you. | 好的 好的 谢谢你 |
[22:41] | Sure. | 没事 |
[22:46] | I don’t really… | 我真的… |
[22:47] | I don’t really know what to do with myself right now, you know? | 我真的不知道现在该干什么 |
[22:51] | Used to have a job, and Brendan expected things of me. | 以前有工作可以做 而且布兰登对我有期望 |
[22:55] | Right. | 是啊 |
[22:56] | Well, you know, just ’cause he’s gone, | 虽然他不在了 |
[22:57] | it doesn’t mean you can’t expect those things of yourself. | 但你也应该对自己有所期望 |
[23:00] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[23:02] | Yeah, of course. Of course I can. | 对 我当然应该这样 |
[23:06] | Do you know why this happened? | 你知道为什么会发生这种事吗 |
[23:07] | Do you know why someone would have killed him? | 为什么有人要杀他 |
[23:09] | Not yet, no. | 还不知道 |
[23:11] | Yeah, okay. | 好吧 |
[23:12] | But I-I’ll call you as soon as I know, okay? | 不过我一查出来就通知你 好吧 |
[23:16] | Yeah, thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[23:17] | And thank you for checking on that book-store thing for me. | 还要谢谢你帮我问书店的事 |
[23:20] | Sure. Anytime. | 不客气 |
[23:22] | So, have fun. | 好好玩 |
[23:24] | Tell your sister I said good luck. | 跟你妹妹说祝她好运 |
[23:25] | She — she doesn’t need it. She’s fierce. | 她不需要运气 她可厉害了 |
[23:28] | Okay, all right. | 好了 走了 |
[23:34] | Was there ever a moment, professor — | 教授 你有没有想过 |
[23:36] | year 11, year 12 — where you thought, | 在第十一年也好 或者第十二年 |
[23:39] | “The prayer book doesn’t exist, it’s just a rumor”? | “那本祈祷书并不存在 只是个传说” |
[23:41] | – You looked for something for 12 years? – 15. | -你找那东西找了十二年 -十五年 |
[23:44] | Was it valuable? | 很值钱吗 |
[23:46] | Very, from an intellectual perspective. | 从学术方面来说很有价值 |
[23:48] | What’s that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[23:49] | Well, in classic economic terms, the value of something | 按照经典经济学的定义 一件物品的价值 |
[23:52] | is determined when two parties come | 取决于双方共同 |
[23:53] | to mutually agreeable terms. | 认可的价钱 |
[23:55] | But that’s not possible when the object | 但对于一个文化方面重要性 |
[23:57] | is of incalculable cultural importance. | 无法计算的物品来说就没办法确定它的价钱 |
[24:00] | I’m not gonna lie to you, Dr. Isles, | 说实话 艾尔斯医生 |
[24:02] | there were moments I had doubts I’d never find it, but… | 我的确怀疑过自己能否找到它 不过 |
[24:05] | I’m just one of those guys — | 我就是那种 |
[24:06] | I can’t put down the crossword till I’ve finished it. | 不到黄河心不死的人 |
[24:08] | Perseverance — secret of all triumphs. | 坚持不懈 这是一切成功的秘诀 |
[24:11] | Victor Hugo. | 维克多·雨果说的 |
[24:14] | Well, from what I can tell, your assessment’s spot-on. | 据我看来 你的评估是正确的 |
[24:16] | Any reputable dealer — excuse me — | 任何一个靠谱的交易商 抱歉 |
[24:18] | would recognize the book as a fake. | 都能辨认出这是仿制品 |
[24:21] | Have you X-rayed for microdots? | 你用X光检测过细小微粒了吗 |
[24:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:23] | What about a fluorescent examination, | 那荧光检测呢 |
[24:25] | See if there was under painting behind the illustration? | 看看这些插图后面有没有底纹 |
[24:27] | Of course. Again, nothing. | 也检测了 还是没有 |
[24:30] | So, you’re thinking it’s not the book itself, | 你是觉得关键不是书本身 |
[24:33] | but something hidden inside the book? | 而是藏在书里的东西 |
[24:35] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[24:36] | I’ll take it back to the university. | 我会把它带回大学 |
[24:38] | Won’t take me long to get to the bottom of this mystery. | 用不了很长时间我就能揭开谜底 |
[24:40] | No can do, Buckaroo. | 恕难从命 牛仔 |
[24:43] | Chain of evidence, we can’t let it out of our possession. | 为保持完整的证据链 我们不能让人拿走它 |
[24:45] | But someone wanted me to see it. | 但有人想让我来看它 |
[24:47] | And now you have. | 你已经看到了 |
[24:49] | Besides, however long it was gonna take you to figure it out, | 而且不管你需要多少时间来查清楚 |
[24:51] | I’m guessing she’d do it in half the time. | 我想她用一半时间就够了 |
[24:54] | Well, very nice meeting you, Dr. Isles. | 很高兴认识你 艾尔斯医生 |
[25:02] | Buckaroo? | 牛仔 |
[25:04] | You have 7 1/2 years and not a minute more. | 你还有七年半时间 一分不多 |
[25:22] | Are you feeling okay, Angela? | 你还好吧 安琪拉 |
[25:24] | You don’t look so well. | 你脸色不大好 |
[25:25] | Thanks for coming to meet me. | 谢谢你来见我 |
[25:27] | Of course. | 我当然会来 |
[25:30] | You know, I think you’re a terrific person. | 我觉得你是个极好的人 |
[25:34] | You’re warm and funny, kind and chivalrous. | 你温暖幽默 待人和善 风度翩翩 |
[25:39] | And that’s a rare quality today. | 这些品质现在很少见了 |
[25:42] | And we have a wonderful time together, | 我们在一起的日子也很美好 |
[25:44] | and we share a lot of interests. | 而且我们有许多一致的爱好 |
[25:47] | And I think we mix it up pretty good in the romance department, no? | 而且我们在感情方面也合得来 不是吗 |
[25:52] | Yes. Yes, we do. | 是的 确实如此 |
[25:56] | But…? | 但是… |
[25:58] | But… | 但是… |
[26:01] | Unfortunately, I — I just can’t be with you anymore. | 很遗憾 我不能再和你在一起了 |
[26:07] | Why? | 为什么 |
[26:08] | Okay, I know this is gonna sound wacky, | 我知道这听起来很古怪 |
[26:10] | but I got a fortune cookie last week, | 可是我上星期拿到一块签饼 |
[26:12] | and it read “Start over.” | 上面写着”重新开始” |
[26:16] | And I-I kind of knew what that meant. | 我似乎明白那是什么意思 |
[26:20] | A fortune cookie? | 签饼 |
[26:22] | Yeah…look, it’s not about the fortune cookie. | 听着 签饼并不重要 |
[26:25] | It’s about being ready for the sign. | 重要的是我是否对这种征兆有所准备 |
[26:29] | And you’re ready? | 所以你已经准备好了 |
[26:31] | Well, I need to take a chance. | 我得碰碰运气冒个险 |
[26:35] | Be alone, without a man, for once in my life. | 没有男人 独自生活 哪怕一生就这么一次 |
[26:39] | So I get to know who I am. | 那我才能了解真正的自己 |
[26:48] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[26:49] | You do? | 真的吗 |
[26:51] | Yeah. | 是 |
[26:52] | All’s I ever wanted was for you to be happy, Angela. | 我只希望你幸福 安琪拉 |
[26:55] | And if something in the cosmos told you | 如果冥冥之中你被告知 |
[26:57] | that starting over is the first step, then you take that step. | 第一步是要重新开始 那你应该迈出那一步 |
[27:03] | Wow, you’re even more terrific than I thought you were, Sean Cavanaugh. | 你比我之前想得还好 肖恩·卡瓦诺夫 |
[27:08] | But I do have one last question. | 可我最后还有一个问题 |
[27:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:14] | Where did you get that dress? | 你这条裙子从哪买的 |
[27:16] | Do you like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[27:17] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不 |
[27:19] | But that’s okay, ’cause I remember | 不过没关系 反正我知道 |
[27:22] | what you look like without it. | 你不穿它是什么样子 |
[27:40] | Guy doesn’t move. | 他一点也没动过 |
[27:42] | I saw him blink 20 minutes ago. | 二十分钟前我看见他眨眼了 |
[27:43] | He’s a well-trained monkey. | 他就像受过良好训练的猴子 |
[27:46] | Makes me sick. | 真恶心 |
[27:48] | Me too, but there’s nothing we can do about it | 我也是 但我们也无能为力 |
[27:49] | If he wants to lawyer up and ask for bail… | 如果他想叫律师或要求保释… |
[27:51] | N-no… no, I-I meant the bread. | 不 我说的是这片面包 |
[27:54] | Just…everything makes me queasy. | 我吃什么都想吐 |
[27:57] | Detectives? The suspect’s lawyer’s here. | 警探 疑犯的律师来了 |
[27:59] | Our cue to leave. | 我们的线索就要走了 |
[28:07] | Korsak. | 科萨克 |
[28:10] | Well, well, well, look what the cat drug in. | 啧啧啧 看看这是谁 |
[28:19] | Saw your lawyer today. | 我今天看到你的律师了 |
[28:30] | Your lawyer represents this guy. | 你的律师代理了这个人 |
[28:35] | Don’t know him. | 不认识 |
[28:36] | Donald Maxwell. | 唐纳德·麦克斯韦 |
[28:38] | He’s involved in the murder | 他涉嫌参与一宗谋杀案 |
[28:39] | of a book seller named Brendan McHale. | 死者是名叫布兰登·迈克黑尔的书商 |
[28:42] | They’re killing book sellers now? | 他们现在连书商都杀 |
[28:44] | What’s next, the ice-cream man? | 下一个是谁 卖冰淇淋的吗 |
[28:49] | They broke his fingers one by one | 他们一根根折断他的手指 |
[28:50] | until he died of shock. | 直至他死于休克 |
[28:52] | Just seems like something they would do back in the old days. | 很像他们过去会做的事 |
[28:57] | You think I’m involved? | 你觉得这跟我有关 |
[28:59] | I didn’t come here ’cause I missed you. | 我来这里可不是因为想你 |
[29:02] | Right. | 没错 |
[29:03] | Well, in case you haven’t noticed, I’m in prison. | 提醒你一下 我现在在坐牢 |
[29:05] | In case you haven’t noticed, | 也提醒你一下 |
[29:06] | you’re still the biggest crime boss in Boston. | 你仍是波士顿最大的犯罪头子 |
[29:13] | I had nothing to do with this. | 这件事与我无关 |
[29:17] | Okay, but maybe you still know some things. | 好吧 不过或许你还是知道些内情 |
[29:20] | The killer was looking for something. | 凶手在找某样东西 |
[29:21] | Who sends this guy to find it? | 是谁派他去的 |
[29:28] | How’s Maura? | 莫拉过得如何 |
[29:34] | She’s good. Really good. | 她很好 非常好 |
[29:47] | Nobody sends Donald Maxwell to do something difficult. | 没人会派唐纳德·麦克斯韦去干什么难活的 |
[29:51] | He couldn’t break wind without help. | 没人帮忙他啥都干不成 |
[29:54] | Then why is he at my crime scene? | 那他怎么会出现在犯罪现场 |
[29:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:57] | But he’s just an errand boy. | 不过他只是个跑腿的 |
[30:00] | An errand boy. | 跑腿的 |
[30:05] | So, what — maybe he’s helping out somebody around Boston, | 那或许他是帮某个波士顿附近的人 |
[30:07] | somebody who’s not from here? | 某个非本地人 |
[30:10] | Sounds like Donald’s speed. | 手脚慢 像唐纳德的风格 |
[30:14] | Well, if he’s driving somebody around, | 如果他是在帮别人 |
[30:15] | maybe he’s got to get back to them. | 或许他必须再次联系他们 |
[30:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:22] | Jane. | 简 |
[30:25] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[30:27] | Now can you do me a favor? | 能帮我个忙吗 |
[30:35] | They’re releasing Maxwell in 10 or 15 minutes. | 他们会在十到十五分钟后释放麦克斯韦 |
[30:39] | Yeah, yeah, we’ll be right behind him. | 好 好 我们会跟着他 |
[30:42] | All right, bye, Jane. Drive safe. | 好 再见 简 开车小心 |
[30:44] | Jane’s gone? W-when will she be back? | 简走了 她什么时候回来 |
[30:51] | She’s going up to Wellington. | 她去惠灵顿了 |
[30:54] | Penitentiary? | 监狱吗 |
[30:55] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[30:58] | For the case. | 是因为这个案子 |
[30:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:04] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[31:06] | Yeah. | 没事 |
[31:08] | Uh, I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[31:11] | Surveillance. | 要去监视 |
[31:31] | He’s stopping in front of 2264. | 他在2264号前面停下来了 |
[31:33] | Make sure that’s where he’s headed before we grab him. | 确认那就是他想要去的地方再抓他 |
[31:52] | You let me go on bail. | 你们允许我保释外出了 |
[31:54] | Yes, we did. Aren’t we nice? | 是啊 我们很好吧 |
[31:56] | Keep him quiet someplace else. | 带他到其他地方并且让他保持安静 |
[32:05] | So, what do we do if he wasn’t meeting up with our killer? | 万一我们见到的不是凶手怎么办 |
[32:07] | He’s married and he lives on the south side? | 他已经结婚了并且住在南边 |
[32:10] | He would have rushed home instead of rushing here. | 他会冲回家而不是这里 |
[32:11] | Guess he’s got a girlfriend. | 说不定是有个女朋友 |
[32:12] | So, it’s heartfelt “I’m sorry” and a call to his wife? | 所以我们表示真诚的道歉然后告诉他老婆吗 |
[32:15] | Seems only right. | 看起来只可能是这样了 |
[32:18] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[32:28] | Police! Don’t hurt me! | 我是警察 别开枪 |
[32:33] | Sometimes it pays to be the slowest guy in the room. | 有的时候反应慢是要付出代价的 |
[32:45] | You’re here late. | 这么晚了你还在 |
[32:46] | Just trying to figure out what this book is about. | 只是想弄明白这本书到底是怎么回事 |
[32:49] | Right. | 好吧 |
[32:53] | Anyway… | 怎么说呢 |
[32:56] | I know you saw Paddy. | 我知道你去见帕迪了 |
[32:59] | Yeah, Frankie said he ran into you. | 是的 弗兰基告诉我他碰到你了 |
[33:01] | I was gonna tell you when I got back. | 我准备回来再告诉你的 |
[33:02] | Look, you’re just doing your job. | 你只是在做你的工作 |
[33:03] | You don’t owe me an explanation. | 你并不欠我一个解释 |
[33:07] | Paddy is being transferred to a supermax prison in Atwater. | 帕迪要被转移到亚特华德的超级监狱去了 |
[33:14] | Atwater’s in California. | 亚特华德在加利佛尼亚 |
[33:18] | And why — why are they moving him? | 为什么要转移他 |
[33:20] | It’s just a thing they do with high-security felons. | 他们就是这么对待重刑犯的 |
[33:23] | It keeps them from getting comfortable. | 不能让他们过得舒坦 |
[33:27] | He said that he would like to see you before he leaves. | 他说他想在离开前见见你 |
[33:31] | Do we have anything left to say to each other? | 我们还有什么要跟对方说的吗 |
[33:34] | I mean, I don’t know if you have anything to say to him, | 我不知道你还有没有什么要对他说 |
[33:37] | but I think he feels like he would like | 但我觉得他心里有些话 |
[33:40] | to get some more things off his chest, | 想要对你说 |
[33:43] | you know, before it’s too late. | 在还来得及的时候 |
[33:45] | But you don’t have to go and listen. | 但是你并不是一定要去听 |
[33:49] | Off his chest. | 内心的话 |
[33:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[33:53] | I mean, I think he just feels, you know — | 我是说 我觉得他可能就是觉得 |
[33:56] | Sh– Maura? | 莫拉 |
[34:02] | 波士顿警局 取证实验室 | |
[34:07] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[34:08] | Brendan felt guilty. | 布兰登感到愧疚 |
[34:10] | Yeah, he — he hired the needy intern | 是啊 他雇佣贫困的学生 |
[34:12] | and was going to church. | 而且还去教堂 |
[34:14] | Clearly, he was working through something. | 很明显 他在为什么事情而努力 |
[34:16] | And he was willing to die to protect this book | 还有他为了保护这本书宁可死掉 |
[34:19] | because he wanted Mctavish to have it. | 因为他想让迈克塔维斯拥有它 |
[34:22] | But it wasn’t Mctavish’s expertise | 但它如此重要并不是因为 |
[34:25] | that made him so important. | 迈克塔维斯的专业技能 |
[34:27] | It was his persistence. | 而是因为他的毅力 |
[34:29] | The riddle. | 那个谜语 |
[34:30] | No, you looked. You didn’t find anything. | 你找过了 可你什么都没找到啊 |
[34:32] | Because it’s not in the book. | 因为它并不是在书里 |
[34:34] | It is the book. | 而就是这本书 |
[34:36] | Brendan wasn’t trying to make a fake 19th-century book, | 布兰登并不是想伪造一本十九世纪的书 |
[34:41] | he made a book that pointed to the 19th century. | 他做了一本书指向十九世纪 |
[34:44] | And Mctavish would have realized it | 并且迈克塔维斯应该会发现 |
[34:46] | not as fast as I did, but still | 不会像我这么快 但是 |
[34:49] | that Brendan had hidden something with a technique | 还是会发现布兰登用十九世纪常用的技术 |
[34:52] | that was primarily used during that time | 在这本书里藏了什么 |
[34:54] | called fore-edge painting. | 这种技术叫作页边画饰 |
[35:08] | He was involved in a bombing that killed two people. | 他跟一起死亡两人的爆炸案有关 |
[35:14] | This is his confession. | 这是他的认罪书 |
[35:26] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[35:28] | Watching her work. | 看她工作 |
[35:30] | Your sister? | 你姐姐吗 |
[35:31] | No, the cop she’s with. | 不 是跟她在一起的那个警察 |
[35:33] | She’s British. Her name’s Gillian. | 她是英国人 叫吉莉安 |
[35:35] | She’s got one of those accents, you know, | 要知道 她有那边的口音 |
[35:37] | like James Bond and Mary Poppins rolled into one. | 听起来像詹姆斯·邦德和玛丽·波平斯的混合体 |
[35:39] | Oh, even insults sound good in that accent. | 那种口音说侮辱人的话都很好听 |
[35:41] | Yeah, I wish she’d insult me. | 是啊 我希望她能来侮辱我 |
[35:45] | I’m such an idiot. | 我简直太白痴了 |
[35:46] | I took her to the break room | 我带她到休息室 |
[35:47] | and I offered her coffee instead of tea. | 之后我给了她咖啡而不是茶 |
[35:49] | Oh, the queen would be mortified. | 女王一定感到了屈辱 |
[35:51] | Right? I got so flustered. | 是吧 我简直太胡来了 |
[35:54] | What, is she Scotland yard or MI6? | 她是苏格兰警场的还是军情六处的 |
[35:56] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:57] | Probably not MI6, | 估计不是军情六处 |
[35:58] | or she’d have disappeared you over the coffee thing. | 否则因为咖啡那事她就灭掉你了 |
[36:01] | Basically, she started talking and I went into dreamland. | 基本上她开始讲话时我就做白日梦了 |
[36:05] | Tell me something, Korsak, | 跟我说说 科萨克 |
[36:07] | why do the brits sound so much smarter | 为什么英国人总是听起来比我们 |
[36:08] | and more sophisticated than we do? | 更聪明而且更世故 |
[36:10] | Don’t know. I’m like that with Hungarians. | 不知道 我觉得那像匈牙利人 |
[36:12] | I hear those guttural sounds, I’m Putty. | 我听过更夸张的声音 我是帕蒂 |
[36:16] | This is incredible. | 难以置信 |
[36:19] | How did you figure it out? | 你是怎么发现的 |
[36:20] | Are you some sort of bibliophile? | 你是哪种藏书家吗 |
[36:23] | No, it — it — it wasn’t me. | 不 不是我 |
[36:24] | It was our resident everything-o-phile, | 是我们常驻的无所不知 |
[36:27] | Dr. Maura Isles. | 莫拉·艾尔斯医生 |
[36:29] | I don’t know everything. | 我不是无所不知 |
[36:32] | What’s the capital of Chile? | 智利的首都是哪 |
[36:34] | She knows. | 她知道的 |
[36:36] | The victims were soldiers. | 死者都是士兵 |
[36:38] | In all these years, we’ve never had a single lead | 这么多年来 对于放置炸弹的人 |
[36:40] | as to who was responsible for the bombing. | 我们一直没有任何线索 |
[36:42] | Mr. McHale’s confession ties up all the loose ends. | 迈克黑尔先生的供词把一切疑惑都解开了 |
[36:46] | One thing I don’t understand — | 有一件事我不明白 |
[36:47] | why did he hide his confession in a book? | 他为什么要把供词藏在一本书里呢 |
[36:49] | Why didn’t he just turn himself in? | 他为何不干脆自首呢 |
[36:50] | I think he was going to. | 我想他本来是准备自首的 |
[36:53] | We still have active wire taps on some of the former members | 我们仍在监听一些 |
[36:56] | of Irish-Liberation organizations. | 爱尔兰解放组织的前成员 |
[36:58] | We’ve been picking up anxious chatter | 我们听到一些人对于 |
[37:00] | about someone confessing to the bombing. | 有人对爆炸案自首而表示紧张 |
[37:01] | His co-conspirators might have been getting nervous. | 他的同伙可能开始紧张了 |
[37:04] | So, the book was like an insurance policy. | 所以那本书有点像是保险措施 |
[37:07] | If something happened to him, | 如果他出了什么事 |
[37:08] | at least the truth would come out. | 至少真相还能大白于天下 |
[37:10] | And he was right. | 他的想法是对的 |
[37:11] | Now, with this, the forensic evidence you uncovered, | 现在有了你们发现的法医证据 |
[37:14] | the people you arrested, and our wire taps, | 你们逮捕的人 和我们的窃听设备 |
[37:17] | we’ll be able to close this case. | 我们就可以结了这个案子了 |
[37:21] | Thank you both for what you’ve done. | 谢谢你们俩所做的一切 |
[37:23] | Victims’ families have waited a long time for answers. | 死者的家属们等这个结果等了很久了 |
[37:29] | If you ever have something to tell me, just tell me, okay? | 如果你以后有事要跟我说就直说 好吗 |
[37:33] | Don’t use, like, codes | 千万别用什么密码呀 |
[37:34] | or invisible ink or talking animals. | 隐形墨水啊或是会讲话的动物之类的 |
[37:38] | A talking animal seems like the worst way to hide a secret. | 会讲话的动物是隐藏秘密最糟的方式了 |
[37:41] | Have you never seen a pirate movie? | 你没看过海盗电影吗 |
[37:44] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[37:46] | Uh, to see Ricky. | 去见瑞奇 |
[37:47] | He’s waiting for me in the break room. | 他在休息室等我 |
[37:49] | What are you gonna tell him? | 你准备跟他说什么 |
[37:52] | The truth. | 真相 |
[37:54] | You mean that sometimes people we love do horrible things, | 你是指有时候我们爱的人会做坏事 |
[37:58] | but it doesn’t have anything to do | 但这并不影响 |
[37:59] | with how they feel about us? | 他们对我们的感情吗 |
[38:01] | Something like that, yeah. | 差不多吧 |
[38:07] | Or I could just talk about doogles. | 又或者我可以跟他聊聊贵兵串 |
[38:10] | Doodles. | 是贵宾串 |
[38:12] | Either way, I think I could use cross-bred puppies | 不管怎么说 我觉得我可以换个方式 |
[38:14] | as a metaphor for change. | 用混种狗狗来做比喻 |
[38:16] | I’m not sure if that makes any sense, | 我觉得不管是从系谱角度 |
[38:17] | either from a genealogy perspective or an emotional one. | 还是从感情角度 这好像都不太合理 |
[38:21] | Or it could be brilliant and you just haven’t realized it. | 这比喻也可能很棒 只是你还没意识到 |
[38:25] | And it’s Santiago. | 还有智利首都是圣地亚哥 |
[38:26] | Brilliant! | 棒 |
[38:32] | Okay, Ma, you sure you’re not hurting yourself? | 妈 你确定你不会伤到自己吗 |
[38:34] | No, no. The body is meant to be flexible, baby. | 不会 不会 人的身体就该是柔软的 |
[38:37] | Okay, I — I don’t think it’s meant to be that flexible. | 好吧 但是也不应该这么柔软吧 |
[38:40] | I think you’re right. | 看来你是对的 |
[38:41] | All right, so, how did it go with Lieutenant Cavanaugh? | 好吧 那你跟卡瓦诺夫警督怎么样了 |
[38:44] | He understood. | 他表示理解 |
[38:46] | What did he say about the dress? | 他怎么评价你那条裙子 |
[38:47] | Yeah, uh, he saw right through it. | 他一眼就把我看穿了 |
[38:51] | He’ll be okay. | 他不会有事的 |
[38:53] | What about you? Are you okay? | 那你呢 你没事吧 |
[38:54] | Yeah. I’m good. | 没事 我很好 |
[38:57] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[38:58] | I’m not in a relationship, I quit my job, | 我没谈恋爱 还辞了职 |
[39:01] | and I’ll have a complete fresh start. | 我将有一个崭新的开始 |
[39:05] | Ma, you quit your job? | 妈 你辞职了 |
[39:08] | Everything’s got to change, baby. | 一切都得改变 宝贝 |
[39:11] | For me, it’s like I’ve got to tear down the house, | 对于我来讲 就像是我必须把房子拆了 |
[39:14] | right down to the foundation, so I can start again. | 一直拆到地基 才能重新开始 |
[39:18] | You got another job lined up? | 你找好下一份工作了吗 |
[39:19] | Nope. | 没 |
[39:21] | This way I’ll have absolute freedom from everything. | 这下我就有绝对的自由了 |
[39:25] | Right, but the absolute freedom part | 是 可你的绝对自由 |
[39:27] | sounds like absolute absence of a plan. | 听起来像是毫无计划 |
[39:29] | Well, that’s how you figure out what you want to do next. | 只有这样你才能琢磨出你的下一步 |
[39:32] | You’re gonna have a lot of free time on your hands. | 你将会有很多空闲时间 |
[39:33] | Yeah, I’m excited. | 是啊 我很激动 |
[39:35] | And this way, I’ll be able to help you. | 这样一来 我就能帮你了 |
[39:36] | W-what — you’re gonna still stay here at Maura’s? | 什么 你还准备待在莫拉家啊 |
[39:39] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[39:42] | Wait, you know my couch doesn’t fold out, right? | 等一下 你知道我的沙发不是沙发床吧 |
[39:53] | Your earrings match. | 你的耳环成对了 |
[39:54] | You’re eating cream cheese. | 你在吃奶油干酪 |
[39:56] | Uh, yes, I’m throwing caution to the wind. | 是啊 去它的小心谨慎 |
[40:00] | Nauseous without cream cheese, nauseous with. | 反正吃不吃奶油干酪都会恶心 |
[40:03] | So I figured I’d pick the best option that has the most flavor. | 所以我还是选最好吃的那条路吧 |
[40:06] | Well, your mother’s not the only one making changes. | 你母亲不是唯一一个做出改变的人 |
[40:10] | Well, my first… | 我要做的第一件事就是 |
[40:13] | order of business is that I’m ready to meet Jack. | 我准备跟杰克见面了 |
[40:15] | About that… | 关于这件事嘛 |
[40:16] | I’ve cleared my schedule. | 我把时间腾出来了 |
[40:18] | My toast will soon be eaten. | 我的吐司也马上能吃了 |
[40:20] | I have even researched the doodle. | 我甚至还研究了一下贵宾串 |
[40:23] | I’m seriously considering adopting a St. Bernadoodle. | 我认真考虑要领养一条圣伯纳贵宾串 |
[40:26] | They’re very cute. | 它们超可爱 |
[40:28] | Well, I — I had to cancel with Jack again. | 我 我又一次取消了跟杰克的约会 |
[40:31] | Aw, why? | 为什么 |
[40:33] | There’s something that I need to do. | 我有件事要做 |
[40:35] | Something more important than Jack? | 比杰克还重要的事吗 |
[40:37] | Yeah. And I could really use some company. | 是的 而且我很希望你能陪我去 |
[40:41] | Yeah, okay. | 好 没问题 |
[40:56] | I’ll be right here if you need me. | 只要你需要我都在 |