时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | If you work at a hospital long enough, you get used to anything. | 如果你在一家医院工作够久的话 你会对一切见惯不怪 |
[00:05] | Whether it’s Dr. Kim, who makes patients | 无论是Kim医生让病人 |
[00:07] | take their pants off no matter what… | 在任何情况下都脱下裤子 |
[00:10] | Yep, you’ve got pink eye. | 没错 你得了红眼病 |
[00:12] | Can I put my pants back on? | 我可以穿上裤子了吗 |
[00:14] | Right after I put some drops in. | 先滴完眼药水再说 |
[00:17] | Or nobody remembering Ray Catay’s 80th birthday. | 又或者没人记得Ray Catay的八十大寿 |
[00:20] | Why aren’t you making a bigger fuss? | 为什么你们没有隆重点的表示 |
[00:23] | Uh, I would have, Mr. Catay, | 我想的 Catay先生 |
[00:25] | but Dr. Reid is throwing a huge celebration for you later. | 但Ried医生晚点要给你一个大型庆生会 |
[00:29] | I should tell her about that. | 我应该告诉她这件事的 |
[00:31] | The truth is, thanks to modern medicine, | 事实上 由于现代医学的发展 |
[00:33] | 80 isn’t that big a deal anymore. | 活到八十早已不是什么大事 |
[00:35] | It’s not like the olden days. | 今时不同往日 |
[00:37] | Let us not feel sorrow for Bobby Adams. | 大家不要为Bobby Adams感到悲伤 |
[00:42] | He was 12. He led a full life. | 他活了十二年 过了完满的一生 |
[00:45] | He will be missed. | 众人会思念他的 |
[00:47] | Especially by his beautiful wife, Jenny, | 特别是他美丽的妻子 Jenny |
[00:50] | who stood by him, | 永远在他身边支持他 |
[00:51] | even when he turned six, had a mid-life crisis, | 即便是他踏入六岁时 遭遇中年危机 |
[00:54] | and was caught banging one of those naked people | 并且被抓到与一个给我们带来玉米 |
[00:57] | that brought us corn. | 的裸体人厮混 |
[00:59] | I’d be the oldest man in Pilgrim Village. | 我会是朝圣者村庄最长寿的人 |
[01:02] | Still, you should always celebrate life | 诚然 你还是要为你的人生喝彩 |
[01:05] | because you never know when it gonna throw you a curveball. | 因为不知何时就会有意料之外的事发生 |
[01:08] | Like with Dr. Cox. | 就像Cox医生 |
[01:09] | He recently made a decision any doctor would have made, | 他最近做了一个全天下的医生都会做的决定 |
[01:12] | and because of it, three patients died. | 正因为这决定 三个病人死了 |
[01:17] | At first, he was inconsolably sad. | 刚开始的时候 他伤心欲绝 |
[01:23] | After that, he started acting out. | 之后 他开始将悲伤行动化 |
[01:30] | In his defense, he did ask for dressing on the side. | 帮他说句话 他确实要求将调味汁放在旁边的 |
[01:34] | Daphne! | 妹子 |
[01:38] | I heard that he attacked one of the busboys. | 我听说他打了一个餐厅勤杂工 |
[01:40] | Yeah, I heard he bitch-slapped the maitre d’. | 是啊 听说他还给了领班一巴掌 |
[01:43] | Enough, gang. That’s how rumors get started. | 够了 伙计们 谣言就是这样开始的 |
[01:46] | Gloria, I made a joke once that you hooked up with Leonard, | Gloria 我有一次开玩笑说你跟Leonard |
[01:48] | the black security guard with the hook-hand, | 那个黑人钩子手保安搞上了 |
[01:50] | now everyone thinks it’s true. | 现在所有人都觉得是真的 |
[01:52] | It is true. And I’m never going back. | 确实是真的 而我一点也不后悔 |
[01:56] | Gloria Gloria! | |
[01:59] | I love meet some white meat. | 我喜欢尝些”白肉” |
[02:02] | OK… well, make sure you | 那确保你的 |
[02:03] | put antiseptic on any puncture wounds, OK? | 刺伤都抹好抗菌剂 好吧 |
[02:06] | Now I know Dr. Cox seems crazy mad at the world right now, | 我知道现在Cox医生看上去对这个世界十分恼火 |
[02:10] | but let’s remember, three patients died. | 但记住 毕竟三个病人死了 |
[02:12] | What’s amazing is that he can take a hit like that, | 神奇的是他能承受这种会把 |
[02:15] | one that would knock any of us out for good, | 我们这些凡夫俗子永久打败的打击 |
[02:17] | and come out the other side still standing. | 从这件事走出来 坚守岗位 |
[02:19] | That’s why the man’s an inspiration. I mean, he is a rock. | 所以这男人才是心灵支柱 他真的坚如磐石 |
[02:23] | Yep, he’s the best damn doctor here. | 没错 他就是这里最优秀的医生 |
[02:25] | Newbie, give me a little trouble? I’m having some help here. | 菜鸟 给我点麻烦好吗 这里出了点帮忙 |
[02:29] | Oh, no. | 不妙 |
[02:45] | All right, people, listen up. | 听好了 大伙儿 |
[02:47] | We are a family. | 我们是一家人 |
[02:49] | And what do families do when one of their own is in trouble? | 当有家庭成员处于困境的时候其他家人应该怎么做 |
[02:52] | When my brother Barry came out of the closet | 我弟弟Barry出柜的时候 |
[02:53] | my parents sent him to hetero camp. | 我父母将他送进了异性恋训练营 |
[02:55] | Families that not from Connecticut, Eilliot. | 不是来自康涅狄格州的家人 Eilliot |
[02:58] | Pregnancy had made Carla a little hormonal. | 怀孕让Carla有些荷尔蒙紊乱 |
[03:01] | Now,Dr. Kelso, I’ve asked you to keep this matter away from the Board. | Kelso医生 我之前让你瞒住董事会这件事 |
[03:04] | – Were you able to do that, sir? – Nurse Espinosa, I… | – 你做到了吗 先生 – Espinosa护士 我 |
[03:06] | – Were you?! – Yes! | – 做到了吗 – 做到了 |
[03:08] | I told them Dr. Cox was going to | 我跟他们说Cox医生 |
[03:10] | take a leave of absence due to problems at home. | 因为家庭原因需要请假 |
[03:12] | – Should anyone ask, you beat him. – Beat him. Got it. | – 有人问东问西的话 就揍他 – 揍他 收到 |
[03:15] | I couldn’t believe how depressed he was yesterday. | 我不敢相信他昨天有多沮丧 |
[03:18] | – It was so sad. – Oh, I know. | – 真让人伤心 – 我知道 |
[03:20] | When I first heard about it, I was like, “Whoa, no way.” | 我第一次听说的时候 我就说”哇 不可能吧” |
[03:23] | You don’t even know what we are talking about. | 你都不知道我们在说什么 |
[03:24] | Sure, I do. The donkey-boy up in the ICU. | 我当然知道 楼上重症病房里的驴孩啊 |
[03:27] | We’re talking about Dr. Cox. | 我们在讲Cox医生 |
[03:29] | Oh. Well, if anyone’s interested, | 那如果有人感兴趣的话 |
[03:31] | there’s a donkey-boy in the ICU. | 重症病房里有个驴孩 |
[03:34] | – Baby? – No, Turk. | – 我有 – 不行 Turk |
[03:36] | Now, Dr. Cox needs our help getting through this. | Cox需要我们帮他渡过难关 |
[03:38] | Jordan can watch him at morning and at night, but she’s also got Jack. | Jordan可以日夜照看他 但她还要照顾Jack |
[03:41] | -Plus, she’s not that emotionally available. – I’m dead inside. | – 再说 她也没那么富于情感 – 我铁石心肠 |
[03:45] | Anyway, we’re all going to spend time with him. | 不管怎样 我们都要去陪他 |
[03:47] | I’ve made up a schedule. I have the first shift. | 我已经排好轮班表了 我轮第一班 |
[03:50] | Unless you have any questions, this meeting is adjourned. | 没问题就可以散会了 |
[03:53] | – Gosh! – What? | – 天啊 – 怎么了 |
[03:56] | For God’s sakes, Reid, there’s a donkey-boy upstairs. | 求你了 Reid 楼上有个驴孩耶 |
[04:11] | Damn. | 妈呀 |
[04:13] | That boy is going to town on that carrot. | 这男孩对那萝卜还真是欲罢不能啊 |
[04:16] | You fellas want to go to a real donkey show? | 你们想去看真正的人驴性交表演吗 |
[04:19] | It’s really very tastefully done. | 其实是非常有格调的 |
[04:21] | One of the women who entertains the donkey | 其中一个挑逗驴子的女的 |
[04:23] | used to be on a soap. | 还演过肥皂剧呢 |
[04:25] | Pass. | 不去了 |
[04:27] | Standing invitation, every Thursday. | 长期有效邀请 每个周四 |
[04:29] | Always pass, sir. | 不去不去 先生 |
[04:31] | Well, I’ll ask Mickhead. | 好吧 我去问下Mickhead |
[04:34] | Turk, you know what bothers me? | Turk 你知道我在困扰些什么吗 |
[04:35] | Dr. Cox shows up to work drunk, we’re acting like nothing happened. | Cox医生醉着来上班 我们却若无其事 |
[04:39] | I don’t know. I kinda feel for the guy. | 我不知道 我有点同情他 |
[04:41] | Besides… I am way too excited. | 况且 我现在超兴奋 |
[04:43] | I start my orthopedic rotation today. It is going to be awesome. | 今天我在整形外科的轮班开始了 肯定会很赞 |
[04:49] | Turk was psyched because orthopedic surgeons | Turk很高兴是因为整形外科医生 |
[04:51] | are notoriously the most unemotional, | 是全院众所周知最为头脑简单 四肢发达 |
[04:53] | jockish surgeons of all. | 感情愚钝的外科医生 |
[04:55] | Turk was finally gonna have a boss he could connect with. | Turk终于能找到跟他有共同语言的上司了 |
[04:57] | Hey, guys, I’m Dr. Stone. I’m your new attending. | 你好 伙计们 我是Stone医生 你们的新主治医生 |
[05:01] | All right, fellas. Hands in. | 好了 伙计们 手伸过来 |
[05:09] | Dr. Stone? | Stone医生 |
[05:11] | Usually, when people put their hands in, | 通常 人把手叠在一起的时候 |
[05:12] | someone says, “Go get them!” Or “Whoo!” | 会有人说”加油”或者”呜” |
[05:16] | No. No words yet. | 不 现在还不需要讲话 |
[05:18] | I want you all to get comfortable | 我要你们全部渐渐习惯 |
[05:20] | with the feel of your brother’s hands on yours. | 兄弟的双手在你的手上的感觉 |
[05:23] | You know, As surgeons, we’re constantly | 知道吗 作为外科医生 我们经常 |
[05:24] | opening people up and looking around. | “敞开”病人的胸口 四处查看 |
[05:26] | But have you ever stopped | 但你试过停下来 |
[05:28] | to open yourself up and look around? | 敞开自己的心胸审视自己吗 |
[05:33] | Whoo! | 呜 |
[05:40] | Hey. How’s he doing? | 他怎样了 |
[05:42] | He’s not talking and… cause he’s… you know… | 他不讲话 因为他 你懂的 |
[05:46] | What? | 什么 |
[05:47] | Daddy drinks a lot. | 爸爸喝很多 |
[05:50] | First complete sentence. Fantastic. | 第一句完整的话 棒极了 |
[05:53] | Thanks for doing this. | 谢谢你肯这么做 |
[05:56] | Hey, sunshine. | 帅哥 你好啊 |
[05:58] | You gonna at least say hello? | 至少跟我打个招呼嘛 |
[06:01] | Nothing? Listen… | 不吗 听着 |
[06:04] | I know you keep blaming yourself for this, but you just can’t. | 我知道这件事上你一直在责备自己 但你不能这样 |
[06:09] | When my mom died, I thought that because I was a nurse | 我妈去世的时候 我觉得因为我是个护士 |
[06:11] | I should have been able to prevent it somehow. | 我应该可以设法避免这种事发生的 |
[06:14] | But over time… | 但随着时间推移 |
[06:15] | …I realized that bad things are going to happen | 我意识到坏事始终还是会发生的 |
[06:19] | and beating yourself up isn’t going to help anyone. | 责备惩罚自己帮不了任何人 |
[06:27] | That’s it, sweetie. Come here. | 这就对了 甜心 快过来 |
[06:30] | Come here. | 快过来 |
[06:41] | Nurse, I need you to help me drain some fluid. | 护士小姐 我需要你帮我排出些液体 |
[06:44] | But first, we have get to work on this patient. | 但首先 我们要搞定这个病人 |
[06:46] | Todd, take the scalpel and carve this into your arm. | Todd 拿着这把手术刀刻进你的胳膊 |
[06:50] | “No nurse will ever touch your dangle.” | “没护士会碰你的那活儿” |
[06:55] | Christopher, come on. | Christopher 别这样 |
[06:57] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[06:58] | You’re little edgy because you’re on the sidelines. | 你有些急躁是因为你现在只能旁观 |
[07:00] | I know how that digs at you. | 我知道这对你是种讽刺 |
[07:02] | It digs at you right in here. | 狠狠地讽刺在你心里了 |
[07:05] | And that’s OK, you know? | 不过没关系的 知道吗 |
[07:07] | What would you say if you | 如果说晚些那个 |
[07:08] | could have that big knee reconstruction later, what would you say? | 膝关节重建手术归你怎么样 |
[07:11] | – Awesome. – You bet it is. | – 棒呆了 – 当然 |
[07:15] | – Finished. – People, let’s just take a second here | – 完成 – 同志们 让我们抽出一秒 |
[07:18] | to think about what we just did. | 来回忆我们刚刚做了什么 |
[07:20] | We fixed an elbow, yeah? | 我们治好了一个手肘 对吧 |
[07:21] | The last thing this man said before he went under was | 这男人被麻醉之前说的最后一件事 |
[07:24] | how much he enjoyed Sunday morning tennis. | 是他有多享受周日早间网球 |
[07:28] | Right? And I just, I think that’s special. | 对吧 我觉得 这很特别 |
[07:31] | And we’re special. This was special. Thank you. | 我们也很特别 此时此刻很特别 感谢你们 |
[07:36] | He actually said, “I think that’s pretty special.” | 他真的说了”我觉得这很特别” |
[07:40] | Then he got all emotional. | 之后他又大肆感性了一番 |
[07:41] | – I mean, how lame is that? – It’s pretty lame. | – 到底有弱鸡啊 – 确实很弱鸡 |
[07:45] | I’m just not into all of that sensitive touchy-feely stuff. | 我就是不喜欢这些敏感又婆妈的东西 |
[07:48] | You hug me all the time. | 你一天到晚都拥抱我啊 |
[07:50] | And even that took a while. | 这我之前也适应了好久 |
[07:52] | Remember the first time you tried to hug me? | 记得第一次你想抱我的时候吗 |
[07:56] | Your sports team won the World Series! | 你的队伍赢了世界职业棒球大赛 |
[08:03] | – What a game! – A grand slam! | – 打得好 – 大满贯 |
[08:06] | With Dr. Stone it’s different. We’re not friends. | 但是Stone医生不同 我们不是朋友 |
[08:09] | What kind of guy gets all | 什么样的大男人会整天 |
[08:10] | cuddly with people he just met? It’s pathetic. | 跟萍水相逢的人搂搂抱抱啊 太可悲了 |
[08:13] | Dude, that’s a little harsh. | 兄弟 这太伤人心了 |
[08:16] | Todd, how long have you been holding that button? | Todd 你按那个按钮多久了 |
[08:18] | Long enough for me to hear what you really think. | 久到可以让我听见你的真实想法 |
[08:22] | Great. | 好极了 |
[08:24] | Is there another guy on this planet who’s that sensitive? | 地球上还有像他这么敏感的男人吗 |
[08:30] | OK. Let it out. | 好了 尽情释放 |
[08:32] | I got ya. J.D.’s got ya. | 有我在呢 J.D.伴你左右呢 |
[08:35] | Hold me tighter. Little too tight. | 抱紧点 有点过紧 |
[08:38] | There’s a good spot. | 这样正好 |
[08:47] | Elliot, why did I have to come? | Elliot 为什么我一定要来 |
[08:48] | Because we’re a couple, Keith. | 因为我们是一对儿 Keith |
[08:50] | – We do things together. – OK. | – 我们一起做事 – 好吧 |
[08:52] | Would it be OK if I moved? This couch is… uncomfortable. | 我能挪下位置吗 这沙发很不舒服啊 |
[08:59] | Dr. Cox, I am not going | Cox医生 我不会 |
[09:01] | to pretend to know what you’re going through, | 假装知道你内心有多煎熬 |
[09:03] | but believe me, I’ve had my experiences. | 但是相信我 我也是过来人 |
[09:06] | Remember last year when I put my | 还记得去年我坚持让我的 |
[09:07] | malaria patient through that painful procedure, | 疟疾病人承受痛苦的手术 |
[09:09] | when everyone knew he’d die anyway? | 其实所有人都知道他难逃一死 |
[09:11] | You know what? I’m just going to go sit in the bathroom. | 我还是坐在浴室里好了 |
[09:15] | Anyway, You know what I do when I’m having | 无论怎样 你知道我很难 |
[09:17] | a really tough time getting through things? | 走出困境时会怎么做吗 |
[09:22] | I just leave the city, | 我会离开这个城市 |
[09:25] | get into nature, and just take stock of what’s really important. | 置身大自然中 考量什么才是真正重要的 |
[09:30] | Just make sure you don’t go to a popular parachute drop-zone. | 只要确保你不去大众跳伞降落区 |
[09:39] | I don’t know if it was the adrenaline rush | 我不知道是因为肾上腺素激增 |
[09:41] | or because I thought he was an angel, but it’s fastest I’ve ever gone | 还是我把他想成了一个天使 但这是我从相遇到 |
[09:44] | from meeting to kissing. Yeah. True story. | 热吻最迅速的一次 真实故事 |
[09:49] | – I’m just worried about this mole. – Doesn’t look cancerous. | – 我有点担心这颗痣 – 看上去不像是癌症所致 |
[09:53] | Eh, get in there and take your pants off. | 进房间脱掉你的裤子吧 |
[09:56] | – You gonna go talk to Dr. Stone? – Nah, it’ll blow over. | – 你要跟Stone医生谈谈吗 – 不用 事情会被淡忘的 |
[09:59] | Plus, he’s a surgeon. Surgeons don’t hold grudges. | 况且 他是个外科医生 外科医生不记仇 |
[10:02] | Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go scrub up. | 恕我失陪 要去做术前擦洗了 |
[10:04] | By the way, your shift with Dr. Cox starts in ten minutes. | 还有 十分钟后就轮到你去照看Cox医生了 |
[10:09] | Turk was right. Personal feelings shouldn’t get in the way | Turk说得没错 个人情感不该 |
[10:12] | of a professional relationship, but they do. | 妨碍工作关系 但是它们确实会 |
[10:16] | What do you say we rebuild that knee? | 我们一起重建个膝盖怎么样 |
[10:18] | Actually, I think I’m going to let Dr. Norman here | 其实 还是让这位Norman医生 |
[10:21] | take the lead on this one, OK? | 做这次的主刀医生 好吧 |
[10:25] | Look, Carla, I have a real problem with what Dr. Cox did | 听着Carla 我对Cox医生的所作所为很有意见 |
[10:29] | and I don’t think I can go over there. | 我想我没办法过去 |
[10:34] | I’m gonna send somebody else over for you, OK? | 我会找别人过来照看你的 好吗 |
[10:37] | J.D. was supposed to come but, um… | J.D.应该来的 但是 |
[10:41] | …he… he’s not coming. | 他 不来了 |
[10:50] | I couldn’t really worry about bailing on Dr. Cox. | 我没有办法一直担心失约Cox医生的事 |
[10:53] | The Stanleys’ child was sick and | Stanley家的小孩病了 |
[10:54] | I had just spent the last 20 minutes | 我刚刚花了二十分钟 |
[10:56] | asking them awkward questions | 来问他们很尴尬的问题 |
[10:58] | to rule out the possibility of child abuse. | 来排除虐童的可能性 |
[11:00] | – Who would smother their own child? – You’d be surprised. | – 谁会闷死自己的孩子呢 – 答案会吓到你 |
[11:04] | There’s Munchausen Syndrome, | 那是孟乔森氏综合征 |
[11:05] | where a parent will intentionally | 患病的父母会故意 |
[11:07] | harm their child to get attention themselves. | 伤害自己的孩子来获得别人对他们的关注 |
[11:10] | I’ve never heard of that. | 我从来没听过这种病 |
[11:12] | Someone should do a public service announcement about it. | 应该有人做个关于这个的公益广告 |
[11:15] | Hmm. Someone should. | 确实应该有人来做 |
[11:18] | You had a tough day at the office, | 你在办公室熬过了烦人的一天 |
[11:20] | so you come home, make yourself some dinner, | 回到家 给自己做点晚餐 |
[11:22] | smother your kids, pop in a movie, maybe have a drink. | 窒息你的孩子 随便看部电影 可能再喝上一杯 |
[11:25] | It’s fun, right? Wrong. | 很有趣 对吗 大错特错 |
[11:27] | Don’t smother your kids. | 不要窒息你的孩子 |
[11:32] | That problem would be gone forever. | 这个问题将不复存在 |
[11:37] | – I am so mad at you. – Yeah, you big jerk. | – 我很生你的气啊 – 是啊 你个大混蛋 |
[11:39] | How could you stand up Dr. Cox? | 你怎么能放Cox医生的鸽子 |
[11:42] | Wait, is that what we came to yell at him for? | 等等 这是我们来吼他的原因吗 |
[11:43] | Well, yeah. What did you think it was? | 对 不然你觉得是什么 |
[11:45] | Oh, apparently J.D. told Mr.Catay | 很明显J.D.告诉Catay先生 |
[11:47] | I’m throwing him some big a birthday party. | 我要为他办一场盛大的生日派对 |
[11:49] | Yeah, so when he asked where the cake was. I totally panicked | 没错 所以他问我蛋糕在哪儿的时候 我彻底慌了 |
[11:51] | and I told him we all pitched in and got him a weekend in Vegas. | 只好跟他说我们一起凑了些钱 让他在维加斯狂欢一周 |
[11:53] | – What? – Can I see Celine Dion? | – 什么 – 我能见到席琳·迪翁吗 |
[11:56] | Oh, anything you want, Mr. Catay! | 一切如你所愿 Catay先生 |
[11:58] | You’re going halfsies with me on everything. | 所有费用你得跟我对半分 |
[12:00] | I can’t believe you didn’t show up at Dr. Cox’s. | 我真不敢相信你居然没去Cox医生家 |
[12:02] | Do you have any ideas who I had to send in your place? | 你知道我不得不派谁去代替你呢 |
[12:06] | *Gray skies are gonna clear up* | *乌云过后是阳光* |
[12:09] | *Put on a happy face Hap-happy-hap* | *一张笑脸喜相逢* |
[12:11] | *Brush off the clouds and cheer up* | *冲走乌云笑颜开* |
[12:14] | If you’re not digging this, | 如果你不喜欢这首歌 |
[12:16] | I’ve got a hundred jokes about these. | 我有关于这两个的上百个笑话 |
[12:18] | *Sunshine all over the place* | *阳光遍地洒* |
[12:21] | *Just put on Put on* | *相逢只要* |
[12:23] | *A happy face* | *一张大笑脸* |
[12:28] | I’m just not down with the whole drinking and doctoring thing. All right? | 我就是不能接受醉酒行医这件事 好吧 |
[12:31] | Deal with it. | 这又怎样 |
[12:33] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[12:35] | I’ll never gonna get a good surgery on this rotation. | 这次轮班我甭想拿到一个好手术了 |
[12:37] | I can help you with Dr. Stone. He’s one of my people. | Stone医生的事我可以帮你 他属于我们这类人 |
[12:41] | – He’s a sensie. – What’s a sensie? | – 他是个”敏男” – 什么是”敏男”啊 |
[12:43] | It’s short for sensitive guy. | 是”敏感男人”的简称 |
[12:45] | Our music is acoustic alternative. | 我们听纯原声演奏 |
[12:48] | We marvel at fireflies. | 我们惊叹于萤火虫 |
[12:50] | And when we help a drunk girl home from the bar, | 我们帮助酒吧的醉酒女孩回家时 |
[12:52] | sure, we cop a feel… | 当然 我们会趁机抚摸 |
[12:54] | …A feel of her hair as we’re pulling it back | 她的头发 因为要将她的头发拉到后面 |
[12:57] | so she doesn’t get vomit on it. | 防止她呕吐在上面 |
[12:58] | I’m having a weird med school flashback. | 医学院的奇葩回忆在我脑海中闪过 |
[13:01] | I think you held my hair back while I vomited. | 我记得我吐的时候是你拉住了我的头发 |
[13:03] | I did! It was our last year. I didn’t | 没错 是在医学院最后一年 |
[13:05] | want you to get Jagermeister in your cornrows. | 我不想让你的玉米辫沾到野格里酒 |
[13:07] | – My Latrell Sprewell phase. – Hockey? | – 当时我走拉特里尔·斯普雷维尔风 – 打曲棍球的 |
[13:10] | – Basketball. – Damn it. | – 篮球 – 可恶 |
[13:12] | What am I going to do about Dr.Stone? | 我要怎么解决Stone医生的事啊 |
[13:14] | You’re going to cry in front of him. | 你要在他面前哭 |
[13:18] | Laugh if you must, but it’ll show you have emotional depth | 随便你笑 但这样才显得你有情感深度 |
[13:21] | and it will trigger a nurturing | 并且诱发他内心中的一种保护冲动 |
[13:23] | impulse inside him that we sensies can’t resist. | 像他跟我这类”敏男”是无法抵抗的 |
[13:26] | How the hell am I supposed to cry? | 我要怎样才能哭啊 |
[13:28] | You need to cry. Let’s brainstorm. | 你需要哭 我们集思广益一下 |
[13:30] | I could hit you over the head with a wrench. | 我可以用扳手打你的头 |
[13:32] | Or… I could stab you in the gut with a knife. | 或者 我可以捅你一刀 |
[13:37] | Knife-wrench | 小刀扳手 |
[13:39] | Practical and safe. | 安全又实用 |
[13:48] | Anywho, don’t worry about crying. | 不管怎样 别担心哭的事 |
[13:50] | I got this menthol from the pharmacy. | 我在药房给你弄了点薄荷脑喷雾 |
[13:52] | I read online that actors in Holly-weird | 我从网上得知那些”好来怪”的演员 |
[13:54] | spray their eyes when they need to fake-cry. | 在假哭的时候会洒在眼上 |
[13:57] | Why do you have five of them? | 你怎么会有五个啊 |
[13:58] | I’m using it for the final death scene in my movie, Dr. Acula. | 我的电影”阿库拉医生”的最后一场死亡戏要用上它 |
[14:02] | Last night, my German financier, Hans, | 昨晚 我的德国资助人Hans |
[14:05] | rest in peace, died on the Autobahn. | 死在了高速公路上 愿他安息 |
[14:08] | So now I got to shoot the whole thing on my cell phone. | 现在整部电影只能用我的手机来拍了 |
[14:13] | Hello, Bob. | 你好啊 Bob |
[14:15] | – No cheek kiss necessary. – Oh, good. I have pike-breath. | – 不用亲脸颊了 – 很好 我口臭 |
[14:19] | So… when was the last time I was here? | 上次我来是什么时候来着 |
[14:22] | ’97? I know it’s been a while | 九七年 我觉得不短了 |
[14:24] | because Enid could still fit through that door. | 因为那时Enid还能过得了门 |
[14:27] | I shouldn’t joke, she’s very ill. | 我不应该开玩笑的 她病得很重 |
[14:29] | I’m gonna go take a shower. | 我去洗个澡 |
[14:37] | Perry Oh, Perry? | |
[14:39] | I don’t really know why I’m here, but Nurse Espinosa said | 我也不知道我是来干嘛的 但是Espinosa护士说 |
[14:42] | if I didn’t swing by, she’d stop coming over to my house | 我不来的话 她就不去我家 |
[14:44] | and giving instructions to my pool boy. | 给我的泳池清理员下指令 |
[14:47] | He speaks perfect English, but he doesn’t have an front teeth, | 他英语讲得挺好 但是少颗门牙 |
[14:50] | so I can never look at him without laughing. | 我一看他就想笑 |
[14:55] | Anyway, I don’t know what she expects me to say to you. | 不管怎样 我不知道她想让我跟你说些啥 |
[14:59] | I mean, all you do is bust my ass day in and day out. | 你做的不过是日复一日地让我累死累活 |
[15:04] | I guess you… you keep me in line on those rare occasions | 我想 是你让我在偶尔有看不清事实的时候 |
[15:08] | when I lose sight of things. | 也规行矩步 |
[15:11] | You could say we balance each other out pretty well. | 可以说我们相互制衡得很好 |
[15:17] | Perry Perry… | |
[15:19] | …the hospital needs you. | 医院需要你 |
[15:22] | I need you. | 我也需要你 |
[15:24] | What the hell are you doing? | 你他妈这是在干嘛 |
[15:27] | Did Elliot leave without telling me? | Elliot是不是撇下我走了 |
[15:31] | Why is there an intern in my bathroom? | 为什么有个实习生在我的浴室里 |
[15:33] | It’s not my birthday. | 又不是我的生日 |
[15:35] | She made me watch. | 她逼我看的 |
[15:43] | OK, there he is. You ready? | 好了 他来了 准备好了吗 |
[15:47] | He’s the one that needs to cry, you idiot. Not me. | 他才是需要哭的人 不是我 你个笨蛋 |
[15:52] | Oh yeah. I forgot all about that crying stuff. | 对啊 我都忘了这回事了 |
[15:54] | I was just… oh hey! Loose thread. | 我只是在 嘿 松的线头 |
[15:56] | – No! – Got it. | – 别 – 搞定 |
[15:58] | Knife-wrench! | 小刀扳手 |
[16:00] | For kids. | 小孩儿专用 |
[16:04] | OK, he’s hugging Colonel Doctor | 他在拥抱肯德基上校医生 |
[16:06] | which means you got about seven seconds. | 这意味着你还有七秒钟 |
[16:08] | A hug takes seven seconds? | 一个拥抱要七秒钟 |
[16:09] | A good one does. Here’s the plan. | 好的拥抱需要 计划如下 |
[16:12] | What you’re gonna do is tell him a story that isn’t inherently sad. | 你要跟他讲一个本身并不悲伤的故事 |
[16:15] | That way, when you get emotional, he’s gonna think you’re extra-sensitive. | 这样当你变得情绪激动时 他会觉得你感情超丰富 |
[16:19] | At which point, I’ll nail you with the menthol | 这时 我会用薄荷脑狂喷你 |
[16:21] | And you’ll be crying like a ten-year-old Pilgrim widow. | 你会哭得像个十岁的朝圣村小寡妇 |
[16:24] | Here he comes. | 他来了 |
[16:27] | Black-tion. | 黑人出动 |
[16:28] | – Dr. Stone. – Christopher. | – Stone医生 – Christopher |
[16:32] | Yeah, you know, I’m just out here thinking about my wife. | 我只是在外面想我爱人的事 |
[16:35] | She’s pregnant with our first child. | 她怀了我们的第一个孩子 |
[16:37] | Now come on, fishy. Take the bait. | 快点儿 鱼儿快上钩 |
[16:41] | Children are pretty darn special. | 孩子们都是极其特别的 |
[16:43] | I have seven of my own, and | 我自己有七个孩子 |
[16:44] | each one is just as compassionate as the next one. | 他们一个比一个有同情心 |
[16:47] | That is the quality that me and my six ex-wives | 这正是我跟六个前妻 |
[16:49] | try to instill in our children. | 想灌输给孩子们的品质 |
[16:53] | It’s overwhelming here. | 我为之动容 |
[16:56] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[16:59] | You know, my new wife, Carol, | 我的新妻子 Carol |
[17:01] | she is four months pregnant. | 她怀孕四个月了 |
[17:03] | – Congratulations. – We’re separated. | – 恭喜啊 – 我们分居了 |
[17:07] | We are not so different, you and I. | 你我没有什么不同 |
[17:10] | He’s not a sensie. He’s a nut job. | 他不是个”敏男” 是个神经病 |
[17:13] | It’s hug time, Chris. Come here. | 来 Chris 拥抱时间到 |
[17:19] | Old habit. | 旧习难改 |
[17:21] | So he has a mild concussion | 他有轻微的脑震荡 |
[17:23] | and they’re gonna let him rest for a while. | 他们让他休息会儿 |
[17:25] | Good. That gives us time to come up with a new plan. | 很好 够时间去想个新计划了 |
[17:27] | Oh, no, no, no. That’s it. I’m done. | 不 不 不 够了 我不玩了 |
[17:30] | There’s no way he and I are going to have a relationship. | 他和我不可能建立良好关系的 |
[17:32] | Not unless I want to bear his 17th child. | 除非我想怀上他第十七个小孩 |
[17:35] | He’s your attending, you have to connect with him | 他是你的主治医生 你必须和他搞好关系 |
[17:37] | You need somebody you can look up to, someone you can count on. | 你需要一个可以去敬仰 去依靠的人 |
[17:40] | Turk, what you need is someone who will always have your back. | Turk 你需要一个永远会挺你的人 |
[17:44] | No, J.D., that’s what you need. | 不 J.D. 那是你需要的 |
[17:46] | That’s what you’ve always needed. | 那是你一直以来所需要的 |
[17:48] | Maybe after five years of working here, | 可也许在这儿工作五年之后 |
[17:50] | that’s not such a good thing anymore. | 这也不再是一件什么好事了 |
[17:53] | I got to go and do my shift with Dr. Cox. | 我要去照看Cox医生了 |
[17:58] | Right then I knew what I had to do. | 就在那时我知道自己该做什么了 |
[18:04] | – Hey. – What’s up? | – 嘿 – 好吗 |
[18:18] | You’re probably wondering why I didn’t show up before, huh? | 你可能在想为什么我之前没来 |
[18:21] | I know you wanted me to, even though you’d never admit it. | 我知道你希望我来的 就算你永远也不会承认 |
[18:25] | Normally I would kill to get into this apartment, | 照理讲我会拼了老命杀进这间公寓 |
[18:28] | and you’d try and keep me out. | 而你会试着赶我出去 |
[18:31] | I say “Try” Because, | 我说”试着”是因为 |
[18:33] | at your Super Bowl party, | 在你的超级碗派对上 |
[18:35] | which I was not invited to, | 虽然我没被邀请 |
[18:37] | I was lucky enough to be able | 我还是很幸运地 |
[18:38] | to watch the second half from right over there. | 在那边看了下半场 |
[18:42] | I was the bearded Domino’s employee you invited in | 我是你邀请进来的大胡子披萨小子 |
[18:45] | because I said I was a fan of Jerome Bettis, | 因为我说我是杰罗姆·贝蒂斯的粉丝 |
[18:48] | whoever the hell that is. | 管那个人是谁 |
[18:51] | Anyway, I tried to convince myself | 不管怎样 我想说服自己 |
[18:53] | the reason I didn’t come earlier | 我不早点来的原因 |
[18:55] | was because of you coming into work drunk. | 是因为你醉酒来工作 |
[18:58] | But that’s not it. | 但不是这样的 |
[19:02] | I was scared. | 我是怕了 |
[19:07] | I guess after all this time, | 我想即使经历了这一切 |
[19:09] | I still think of you as, like, this superhero | 我还是把你看作一个超级英雄 |
[19:12] | that will help me out of any situation I’m in. | 可以帮我走出所有困境 |
[19:16] | I needed that. | 我需要这样的人 |
[19:19] | But that’s my problem, you know, and I’ll deal with that. | 但那是我的问题 我会解决的 |
[19:24] | I guess I came over here to tell you… | 我想我是来告诉你 |
[19:29] | …how proud of you I am. | 我有多么为你骄傲 |
[19:31] | Not because you did the best you could for those patients… | 不是因为你为了那些病人尽心尽力 |
[19:36] | …but because after 20 years of being a doctor… | 是因为做了二十年医生后 |
[19:40] | …when things go badly, you still take it this hard. | 当事情出现差错 你还是这么在意 |
[19:46] | And I got to tell you, man, I mean… | 我必须要告诉你 |
[19:50] | …that’s the kind of doctor I want to be. | 这才是我想成为的医生 |
[19:53] | Maybe he just needed time to heal, | 也许他只是需要时间去愈合 |
[19:55] | or maybe he just needed to see how much everybody cared, | 或者他只是需要知道别人有多在意他 |
[19:58] | but I’d like to believe it was because of me | 但我更愿意相信是因为我 |
[20:00] | that he was finally able to say this… | 他终于能讲出 |
[20:04] | You don’t drink scotch. | 你不喝苏格兰威士忌的 |
[20:10] | That’s awful. | 好难喝 |
[20:12] | I’m glad you finally shaved. | 真高兴你终于剃胡子了 |
[20:16] | That’s the thing about family. | 这就是家人 |
[20:18] | If you fall off the deep end, | 如果你跌落谷底 |
[20:20] | you can always count on them to rally around you. | 他们永远会在你身旁支持帮助着你 |
[20:23] | And when you come back, you might get a quick hug… | 当你归来时 你可能会得到一个拥抱 |
[20:27] | … A pat on the shoulder… | 肩膀上的一拍 |
[20:29] | … maybe just a nod… | 也许只是一个点头示意 |
[20:31] | … but no words really need to be spoken. | 没有需要说出口的话语 |
[20:34] | Of course… | 当然 |
[20:36] | … it’s always nice when they are. | 说出口时总是格外美好 |
[20:38] | J.D. J.D. … | |
[20:41] | …thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[20:44] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |