时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hi. I’m trying to keep | 嗨 我正努力禁止 |
[00:07] | non-medical personnel from coming back here. | 非医务人员回到这个区域 |
[00:10] | I’m the Chief of Medicine. | 我可是内科主任 |
[00:12] | I’m the Chief of Slag-smacking, so I’d keep moving if I were you. | 我是抽婊子的主任 所以如果我是你的话就会走远点儿 |
[00:16] | That’s very clever. | 你说话挺机灵嘛 |
[00:17] | Being clever is not how I got the job. Smacking slags is. | 我不是靠机灵得到的这份工作 靠的是抽婊子 |
[00:21] | Unfortunately for Jordan, | 对于Jordan来说不幸的是 |
[00:23] | Dr. Maddox can zero in on someone’s biggest insecurity. | Maddox医生总是能打击到你的致命之处 |
[00:27] | You’re old. | 不过你老啦 |
[00:30] | See, she was an odd combination of super-friendly… | 瞧 她是一个超级友好 |
[00:33] | Hey, rock star. | 嘿 摇滚大明星 |
[00:34] | …and soulless. | 和卑鄙无情的奇异结合体 |
[00:35] | This guy’s insurance only covers three days of ICU care, | 这家伙的保险只能负担三天重症监护室的费用 |
[00:38] | so we’ve got to get him out of here today, okay? | 所以我们今天就得让他滚蛋 知道了吗 |
[00:41] | You know what? I’ll take care of it. | 行了 还是我来处理吧 |
[00:46] | You know what I did for the first time last week? | 你知道我上周尝试了什么新事吗 |
[00:48] | Windsurfing. | 风帆冲浪 |
[00:50] | By the way, it’s really hard. | 顺便说一下 真是太难了 |
[00:52] | I wouldn’t know about that. | 这我就不知道了 |
[00:56] | Trust me, it is. | 相信我 是真的 |
[01:00] | This guy. | 这个家伙 |
[01:03] | Die! | 去死吧 |
[01:05] | Why won’t you die? | 怎么还不死啊你 |
[01:10] | Treat them and street them. | 治疗他们 赶走他们 |
[01:11] | And she wasn’t the only woman driving me crazy. | 而她还不是唯一让我抓狂的女人 |
[01:15] | Listen, Jo, medically speaking, your performance is outstanding. | 听着 Jo 医学角度来讲 你的表现出类拔萃 |
[01:19] | But you’re not great with your patients. | 但你并不善于与病人相处 |
[01:21] | Watch Ed. See, he develops a rapport. | 看看人家Ed 他会和病人建立友好的关系 |
[01:24] | Now, I know Ed’s not perfect… | 我也知道Ed并不完美 |
[01:26] | “Matrix.” All three movies, one house. | <黑客帝国> 三部一起看 |
[01:28] | – You in? – Sure. | – 你来吗 – 当然 |
[01:30] | Sorry, no room. | 不好意思 人满了 |
[01:31] | For starters, I heard he smokes plants. | 首先 我听说他吸大麻 |
[01:34] | Still, I need you to connect with your patients, okay? | 不过 我还是需要你和病人好好沟通 可以吗 |
[01:38] | If they need some sympathy, dig down in your soul and find some. | 如果他们需要些同情 从你灵魂深处挖一点出来 |
[01:44] | Yo, Mr. Harris. It sucks you’ll never walk again. | 说你呢 Harris先生 你再也不能走路真是太衰了 |
[01:47] | Hell, yeah, it does. | 妈的 没错 确实太衰了 |
[01:50] | – Better, right? – No. No, Jo. He lost his feet. | – 好多了 对吧 – 不不 Jo 他两只脚都没了 |
[01:53] | I don’t have time for Jo, | 我才没时间搭理Jo |
[01:54] | because once a year, Turk and I go to a great steakhouse | 因为每一年 我和Turk都会去一家超棒的牛排餐厅 |
[01:57] | and have the most bromantic night ever. | 享受最浪漫的基情之夜 |
[02:00] | – Dude. – And that magical evening | – 老兄 – 那个美妙之夜 |
[02:01] | was finally here. | 终于到来了 |
[02:03] | – Steak night! – Steak night! | – 牛排之夜 – 牛排之夜 |
[02:05] | Give me some of that. | 快给我一个拥抱 |
[02:07] | How come I don’t know about that super-tight new greeting? | 我怎么会不知道这个超屌的新问候方式呢 |
[02:10] | Steak night! | 牛排之夜 |
[02:11] | It’s not a greeting, Ed. | 这不是问候 Ed |
[02:13] | It is now. Shawn. | 现在是啦 Shawn |
[02:15] | – Steak night! – Steak night! | – 牛排之夜 – 牛排之夜 |
[02:18] | How does he start things so quickly? | 他怎么能这么快兴起一件事 |
[02:19] | He’s very talented. | 他确实很有天赋 |
[02:21] | May your mushrooms always be sauteed | 愿你的蘑菇永远煎得鲜嫩 |
[02:22] | and your onions always be grilled. | 你的洋葱永远烤得美味 |
[02:25] | Gravy, fellows. | 肉汁哦 伙计们 |
[02:26] | – Gravy, Ed. – Creamed spinach, yo. | – 你也肉汁 Ed – 奶油菠菜哦你 |
[02:29] | – No. – Okay. | – 别说了 – 好吧 |
[02:48] | Dude, you’ve seen the new administrative assistant? | 老兄 你见过新来的行政助理了吗 |
[02:52] | For some reason, whenever I see a pretty girl for the first time, | 不知道为什么 每当我第一次见到一个美女时 |
[02:55] | I always imagine her hair blowing in slow-mo. | 我总会想象她的秀发慢镜头飘动起来 |
[03:06] | Unfortunately, Turk knows this, | 不幸的是 Turk知道这一点 |
[03:07] | so I have to snap out of it before he messes with me. | 所以在他捉弄我之前我必须赶快清醒过来 |
[03:11] | Too slow. | 太慢了你 |
[03:13] | Dude, I almost had you. | 哈哈 我差点儿就得逞了 |
[03:14] | Well, score one for J. Dizzle. | J.D.得一分 |
[03:16] | Hot-dog pen! Count it, honky-face. | 热狗笔 吃瘪吧 小白脸 |
[03:20] | Listen, you shouldn’t be | 听着 不管怎么说 |
[03:21] | wasting your calories on hot dogs, anyway. | 你都不应该把精力浪费在热狗上 |
[03:23] | For God’s sake, steak night is five minutes away. | 看在上帝的份儿上 牛排之夜就在五分钟之后了 |
[03:26] | Hey. Shall we sing? | 嘿 我们唱歌吗 |
[03:29] | The steak night song was to be sung every steak night, | 每个牛排之夜我们都要唱牛排夜之歌 |
[03:31] | and had been for the last decade. | 这个传统已经维持十年了 |
[03:34] | – All clear. – The dance was new. | – 没人了 – 舞是新排的 |
[03:36] | *We’re going to steak night we’re gonna eat it right* | *我们要开始牛排之夜啦 我们要去吃牛排啦* |
[03:41] | *Steak is such a treat it is the world’s best meat* | *牛排如此美味 堪称世界之最* |
[03:46] | *We’re going to steak night we’re gonna eat it right* | *我们要开始牛排之夜啦 我们要去吃牛排啦* |
[03:49] | – Excuse me. Doctors? – Come on! | – 不好意思 医生 – 拜托 |
[03:51] | – What is your problem, lady? – What the heck, yo? Listen to me. | – 你是有什么问题啊 女士 – 搞什么飞机啊你 听好了 |
[03:53] | – We let you do your thing. – You don’t interrupt. | – 我们给你自由做自己的事 – 你不能打扰我们 |
[03:55] | – All right, calm down. Calm down. – You don’t… | – 好了 冷静冷静 – 你不能 |
[03:57] | We’ll finish in the bathroom at the restaurant. | 我们在餐厅的厕所里把舞跳完吧 |
[03:59] | I’m so sorry, could one of you change the I.V. In 103? | 非常抱歉 你们谁能去换一下103病房的注射液吗 |
[04:07] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[04:09] | Nothing like the taste of fresh bag. | 没有比新点滴包味道更好的了 |
[04:12] | I just picked it this morning. | 今早我刚刚采摘的 |
[04:14] | The only thing that would make it any better | 唯一能让这点滴包更美好的就是 |
[04:16] | is if it was being hooked up by that foxy little dish over there. | 让那个性感小美妞儿把它给接上(被她勾搭) |
[04:33] | Damn my psyche. | 我该死的神经啊 |
[04:35] | So, Mr. Valentine… | 那么 Valentine先生 |
[04:37] | Call me George. | 叫我George就行 |
[04:39] | George, what are you in for? | George 你为什么住院啊 |
[04:42] | We think of hospitals as places where people go to heal, | 我们总认为医院是治愈病人的地方 |
[04:45] | but they’re also places where people go to die. | 可它也是人们死去的地方 |
[04:47] | And George was definitely going soon. | 而George很显然是不久于人世 |
[04:50] | Ischemic bowel disease. I’m so sorry. | 缺血性肠病 太遗憾了 |
[04:54] | Hey, I’ve lived to 70 plus years, | 嘿 我都活了七十多年了 |
[04:57] | I’ve had a great old time while I was here. | 在这些年里 我有过相当美好的旧时光 |
[04:59] | He’s over 70? Black people have the greatest skin. | 他都七十多了 黑人的肤质最棒了 |
[05:04] | – No. – But honestly, | – 别碰 – 不过说实话 |
[05:05] | I don’t know why people are so afraid of dying. | 我不明白人们为什么都那么害怕死亡啊 |
[05:09] | Tell me about it. | 就是啊 |
[05:10] | When you’re around death as much as we are, | 如果你像我们一样每天都跟死神打交道 |
[05:11] | you kind of lose your fear of it. | 你差不多就失去对它的恐惧了 |
[05:13] | It’s one of the benefits of working here. | 这是在医院工作的好处之一 |
[05:15] | Look, we’re on our way out to dinner, | 听着 我们要出去吃晚餐了 |
[05:17] | but is there anything we can get you before we go? | 走之前有什么东西需要我们拿给你吗 |
[05:19] | I’d kill for a cigar. | 我超想抽根雪茄 |
[05:21] | You know, I’m dying and I’m not allowed to have a cigar? | 你知道 我都快死了还不能抽根雪茄吗 |
[05:24] | What do the nurses think is gonna happen? | 护士觉得还能有什么后果啊 |
[05:25] | They’re probably thinking | 他们大概在想 |
[05:26] | you could accidentally ignite that oxygen tank | 你有可能不小心点燃了那个氧气罐 |
[05:28] | and it’ll blow up the whole ICU, | 然后炸飞了整个重症监护室 |
[05:30] | pretty much killing everybody here. | 差不多把医院里所有人都杀了 |
[05:33] | How about a beer? | 那一罐啤酒呢 |
[05:36] | I’m just saying. Who behaves that way at a mini-mart? | 我只是说说 谁会在小超市里做出这种行为啊 |
[05:38] | I’m sorry, Turk, but when | 对不起 Turk 不过当我 |
[05:40] | I put that single beer down on the counter, | 把那一罐啤酒放在柜台的时候 |
[05:41] | and the 18-year-old check-out kid is like, “Oh, big night?” | 那个结账的十八岁男孩一副”哦 要彻夜狂欢啊”的嘴脸 |
[05:45] | It just pissed me off, you know? | 真是把我给惹火了 知道吗 |
[05:46] | – I mean, who is he to judge us? – Yeah. | – 他算老几啊 竟然对我们品头论足 – 就是 |
[05:48] | He needs to know we’re not two lame-o’s with nothing going on. | 他必须要知道 我们不是两个无所事事的窝囊废 |
[05:52] | So that’s why you bought the box of condoms and the flare gun? | 所以你就买了一盒避孕套和一把信号枪吗 |
[05:55] | Exactly. Now, whenever he thinks of us, | 没错 这样他每次想到我们 |
[05:57] | he’ll picture us splitting a beer, sexing up the ladies | 他脑海就会浮现出我们分享着一罐啤酒 泡着妹子 |
[06:00] | and shooting off flares. You know, like men do. | 还打着信号枪 你知道 像纯爷们儿那样 |
[06:04] | – That does sound pretty awesome. – I knew you’d come around. | – 听起来确实很不错啊 – 就知道你会觉悟过来 |
[06:08] | You’re good at that. You’re good at that. | 你很会打信号枪哦 很会打 |
[06:11] | Incoming! | 来啦 |
[06:14] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[06:16] | I assume you’ve already met my sharp young lawyer | 我想你们已经见过我这位年轻干练的律师了 |
[06:19] | who’s gonna help me with my will? | 他会帮我操办遗嘱的事宜 |
[06:21] | You said I could help you. All this work for nothing. | 你说过我可以帮你的啊 这些工作都白费了 |
[06:27] | Ted. Ted! He means you. | Ted Ted 他说的就是你 |
[06:32] | Man. I did this on my typewriter. | 不是吧 这些是我用打字机做的 |
[06:37] | I’ll be back in 11 hours. | 我11个小时之后回来 |
[06:46] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[06:48] | Oh, God, that tastes good. | 哦 老天 真是太好喝了 |
[06:51] | You guys gonna join me, right? | 你俩会跟我一起喝吧 |
[06:52] | They kind of frown on doctors drinking beer around here. | 他们并不怎么乐意医生们在医院里喝啤酒 |
[06:55] | And plus, I’m allergic to barley. | 而且 我对大麦过敏 |
[06:57] | Wait. I’ve seen you drink beer before. | 不对啊 我以前见过你喝啤酒 |
[06:59] | And every time I did, I had to have an antihistamine first. | 我每次喝之前都得先吃抗过敏药 |
[07:02] | I don’t remember that. | 我不记得有那回事儿啊 |
[07:03] | Fine, Turk. I’ll tell George the truth. | 好吧 Turk 我把真相告诉George |
[07:05] | Even though I’m a man, I don’t like beer. | 尽管我是个男人 我并不喜欢喝啤酒 |
[07:07] | I prefer appletinis, they make me feel fancy. | 我更青睐于苹果马提尼 它让我觉得自己很高端 |
[07:10] | There. You hurt and embarrassed me. | 好了 你把我伤了还让我尴尬一把 |
[07:12] | – Are you happy? – Little bit. | – 你满意了吗 – 一点点 |
[07:14] | Guys, don’t you have a dinner to go to? | 你们不是还要去吃晚餐吗 |
[07:17] | George, don’t worry, there’s no rush. | George 不用担心 我们不赶时间 |
[07:19] | No, no. Don’t you stick around on my account. | 不不 你们不要留在这儿陪我了 |
[07:22] | Come on now, I’ve got family coming pretty soon. I’m fine. | 快去吧 我的家人马上就要来了 我没事的 |
[07:27] | And then I said the only thing I could think of | 然后 我说出了面对一个明天可能就 |
[07:29] | to a man who might not be here tomorrow. | 见不到的人唯一能想到的话 |
[07:33] | It was nice to meet you, George. | 认识你真是太好了 George |
[07:35] | Yes, it was. | 真的 |
[07:37] | You, too. | 我也很高兴认识你们 |
[07:40] | *We’re going to steak night We’re gonna eat it right* | *我们要开始牛排之夜啦 我们要去吃牛排啦* |
[07:44] | Ted, three-part harmony. | Ted 三部和声 |
[07:46] | *Steak is such a treat it is the world’s best meat* | *牛排如此美味 堪称世界第一* |
[07:50] | Big finish. | 高潮结尾 |
[07:51] | *Steak night!* | *牛排之夜* |
[07:56] | Hot dang, just like a choir. | 太他妈完美了 跟合唱团一样 |
[07:58] | Hey, are you working on George’s will? Can you make two copies? | 嗨 你在处理George的遗嘱吗 能给我两份吗 |
[08:01] | We need one for his family, they’re headed down here. | 我们需要给他家人一份 他们正在来的路上 |
[08:03] | Family? | 家人吗 |
[08:04] | He’s leaving all his stuff to charity. | 他把全部家当都捐给慈善机构了 |
[08:07] | He doesn’t have any family. | 他没有任何家人 |
[08:09] | Not G! | 不是G |
[08:13] | – Why would George lie? – I have no idea. | – George为什么撒谎呢 – 我也不知道 |
[08:16] | So he’s all alone. | 所以他是孤身一人 |
[08:20] | Well, what do you want to do? | 那你想怎么办 |
[08:22] | We’re going to steak night, | 我们要开始牛排之夜 |
[08:24] | and damn it, we’re going to eat it right. | 管他呢 我们就去吃牛排 |
[08:27] | And I’d prefer it if you put your hand right there, buddy. | 我还是宁愿你把手放在这里 兄弟 |
[08:30] | Yeah, but he likes to be here. | 没错 但是他更喜欢待在这儿 |
[08:36] | I know it seems callous to leave, | 我知道这样丢下他有些冷酷无情 |
[08:37] | but whoever takes care of George tonight | 但是不管今晚是谁照顾George |
[08:39] | will be just as compassionate as us. | 都会像我们一样富于怜悯之心 |
[08:42] | Mr. Valentine, I’m Dr. Mahoney. | Valentine先生 我是Mahoney医生 |
[08:45] | My attending really wants me to connect with my patients, | 我的主治医师非常希望我和病人建立感情 |
[08:47] | so if it’s okay with you, | 所以 如果你愿意的话 |
[08:49] | I thought I’d get the ball rolling with a personal story. | 我想我就以自己的一件私人故事作为开始吧 |
[08:52] | Okay. You can call me George. | 没问题 你叫我George就好 |
[08:54] | Awesome. I’m feeling it. | 太好了 已经有感觉了 |
[08:56] | So George, last Friday I’m at a bar, | 那么George 上周五我在酒吧 |
[08:59] | I take this guy home. He’s a little fat, whatever, right? | 把一个男人带回了家 他有点儿胖 不过这有什么的 对吧 |
[09:02] | Plus, chubsters are so grateful they usually try harder. | 再说了 胖子们总会心存感激 所以他们通常在床上格外卖力 |
[09:05] | Anyway, right in the middle of things | 不管怎么说 正当我们翻云覆雨的时候 |
[09:07] | he’s sweating and snorting like a hairy rhino | 他一边流汗一边吸鼻子 像头长满毛的犀牛 |
[09:09] | and I just start to hate myself. Like really, really hate myself. | 然后我开始痛恨自己 真的真的 非常痛恨自己 |
[09:14] | So without even thinking, I just head-butt him right in the face. | 所以我想都没想 直接用头撞在他脸上 |
[09:17] | Bam, clock him between the eyes, knock him out cold. | 砰 一拳打在他两眼中间 瞬间不省人事 |
[09:20] | So that’s what I got. What do you got going on? | 这就是我要讲的 你有什么故事要说 |
[09:25] | I like golf. | 我喜欢打高尔夫 |
[09:27] | When you get down to it, | 当你全身心投入时 |
[09:28] | taking care of a patient means more than anything. | 照顾好一位病人比任何事都重要 |
[09:31] | Even steak night. | 甚至是牛排之夜 |
[09:32] | – Hey, George. – We’ll take it from here, chuckles. | – 嘿 George – 交给我们吧 唱衰鬼 |
[09:34] | Yeah. So long. | 是的 再见 |
[09:37] | I think I just saw the devil. | 我觉得我刚才看到魔鬼了 |
[09:45] | So, what happened to dinner? | 你们怎么不去吃晚餐了 |
[09:47] | We didn’t want George to feel like he was a burden, | 我们不想让George感觉他是一个负担 |
[09:49] | so we had to come up with a great excuse. | 所以我们得找到一个完美的借口 |
[09:52] | A giant oak tree fell on the restaurant. | 一棵巨大的橡树倒了砸餐厅上了 |
[09:55] | – What restaurant? – Steak Cooker’s. | – 什么餐厅啊 – 牛排之家 |
[09:58] | – Maestro’s. – Maestro’s. | – 曼斯特牛排馆 – 曼斯特牛排馆 |
[10:01] | Man, I used to eat there all the time. | 天呐 我过去总在那儿吃饭呢 |
[10:03] | Turk’s upset because he thinks when George gets out of here, | Turk傻眼了 因为他怕到时George出院了 |
[10:06] | he’ll drive to Maestro’s and see that we lied. | 只要开车去曼斯特牛排馆就知道我们说谎了 |
[10:08] | Now he’s relieved, because he remembered | 不过他又松了口气 因为他想起来 |
[10:10] | that George is about to die and he’s never leaving here. | George就要死了 铁定是出不了院了 |
[10:13] | And now he feels guilty for thinking that thought | 然后他又为刚才那个念头感到愧疚 |
[10:15] | and he wants to punish himself physically, | 所以他想要在肉体上惩罚自己 |
[10:16] | but he can’t, because we’re with a patient. | 可是他又不能这么做 因为我们和病人在一起 |
[10:20] | Dude, what the hell? | 老兄 你干什么啊 |
[10:21] | You wanted me to do that. You know it. | 你想让我踢你 你知道的 |
[10:23] | Okay, fine. Thank you. | 好吧 没错 谢了 |
[10:25] | So, George, why did you | 那么 George 你为什么 |
[10:26] | lie about your family coming to visit you? | 骗我们说你有家人要过来看你呢 |
[10:28] | I’m a grown man. I don’t need anybody to hold my hand. | 我都是个成年人了 不需要什么人握着我的手陪我 |
[10:31] | Besides, you guys have better things to do. | 再说了 你们有更开心的事情去做 |
[10:36] | Hell, you don’t even know me. | 见鬼 你们都不知道我是怎样的人 |
[10:38] | But right then, we did know George. | 但就在那一刻 我们知道了George是怎样的人 |
[10:41] | He was a proud guy | 他是个骄傲的人 |
[10:42] | who didn’t want us to see how scared he really was. | 不想让我们看出来其实他有多么害怕死亡 |
[10:45] | We knew what we had to do. | 我们知道该做什么 |
[10:47] | We were going to get him past his fear of dying. | 我们要帮他克服对死亡的恐惧 |
[10:50] | Step 1. Get to know him. | 第一步 了解他 |
[10:53] | So no family, huh? | 所以 没有家人是吧 |
[10:54] | My wife died years ago. | 我老婆多年前就去世了 |
[10:57] | – Any kids? – Nope. | – 有孩子吗 – 没有 |
[10:59] | It was like pulling teeth. | 简直像拔牙 问一句说一句 |
[11:01] | And what did you guys do for a living? | 你们之前做什么工作啊 |
[11:03] | Barbara taught history. I coached football. | Barbara教历史 我是足球教练 |
[11:06] | I played football. Yeah, defense. Safety. | 我以前也踢足球 中卫 |
[11:10] | You? | 你呢 |
[11:11] | Oh, no. I didn’t… | 噢 不 我没 |
[11:13] | I didn’t play sports, per se, George. | 自身来讲我并不怎么进行体育运动 George |
[11:16] | I was the mascot for the girls’ volleyball team. | 不过我以前是女子排球队的吉祥物 |
[11:19] | Really? You wear a costume? | 真的吗 你要穿吉祥服吗 |
[11:22] | Great costume. I wore a bandana and a half shirt. | 超好看的吉祥服 我戴着大花巾 穿半身式T恤 |
[11:26] | At away games I wore spurs. | 打客场赛的时候我要戴马刺 |
[11:28] | Which in retrospect is sort of weird, | 现在回想起来觉得有点怪啊 |
[11:31] | ’cause we weren’t the Cowboys. | 我们又不是牛仔队的 |
[11:33] | You must’ve looked very beautiful. | 你那时看上去一定很美 |
[11:35] | I felt beautiful. | 我也觉得很美 |
[11:37] | Guys, a quick word? | 能跟你们说句话吗 |
[11:40] | Look, if you want to hang | 听着 要是你们的轮班 |
[11:42] | out with patients after your shifts are over, | 结束后还想和病人待在一起 |
[11:44] | you have to change into your streets. | 你们必须换上便装 |
[11:47] | – Yes, ma’am. – Okay. | – 是 女士 – 好的 |
[11:48] | Can we go? Cougars only drink free till 9:00. | 我们能走了吗 熟女只能在9点前喝到免费酒水 |
[11:52] | – What about Milfs? – Oh! I’d forgot I had kids. | – Milfs谁照顾啊 – 喔 我都忘了我还有孩子了 |
[11:56] | Step two, just keep babbling until he finally opens up. | 第二步 喋喋不休直到他敞开心扉 |
[12:00] | I don’t know how I want to go, | 我还没想好要怎么辞世 |
[12:01] | but I do know what I want done with my remains. | 不过我已经想好要怎么处理我的遗体了 |
[12:05] | Are you really comfortable watching TV like this? | 这样看电视你真的觉得舒服吗 |
[12:09] | Is it Rowdy? | 你是指Rowdy吗 |
[12:11] | No. | 不是 |
[12:12] | Is it J. D? | 那是J.D.吗 |
[12:15] | Yes. | 是 |
[12:16] | You’ll get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[12:18] | Pretzel? | 椒盐脆饼吃吗 |
[12:23] | You’ve got to stop bringing him into our bedroom. | 你不能再把他带回咱们卧室了 |
[12:27] | I’ll teach you how to do my hair. | 我会教你怎样打理我的头发 |
[12:28] | I already know how to do your hair. | 我早就知道怎么打理了 |
[12:29] | It’s not an Afro, Turk. You can’t just pick it. | 这可不是非洲式爆炸头 Turk 不能直接搞蓬 |
[12:32] | Oh, man. | 天呐 |
[12:33] | Did you just make a noise, George? | 你刚嘟囔了一句什么吗 George |
[12:35] | Come on, George. Talk to us. | 别这样嘛 George 跟我们聊聊 |
[12:40] | I’ll tell you one thing, | 我告诉你们一件事 |
[12:44] | I sure didn’t think I’d go like this. | 我真的没想到自己会这样死去 |
[12:48] | Now that George was talking, | 现在George已经开了口 |
[12:49] | he went to the question everyone goes to first. | 自然问了所有人都会问的第一个问题 |
[12:52] | So tell me, do you think there’s anything after this life? | 告诉我 你觉得人死后还有来生吗 |
[12:56] | Definitely. | 当然有 |
[12:58] | He already has our first day in heaven planned out. | 他已经把我们升入天堂后的第一天都计划好了 |
[13:01] | We’ll start with a dip in the milkshake pool, | 我们先冲到奶昔池子里泡一泡 |
[13:03] | then we’ll work our way over to the cloud | 然后我们再朝着云朵进发 |
[13:05] | where beautiful women spend quality time with one another. | 在那里美丽的女子们一起共度欢愉的时光 |
[13:08] | You know, in a special way. | 你知道 以一种特别的方式 |
[13:10] | Like a lesbian cloud? | 像一群拉拉那样吗 |
[13:13] | Not like a lesbian cloud, | 不是一群拉拉 |
[13:15] | George. An actual cloud full of lesbians. | George 那是一朵实实在在充满了拉拉的云 |
[13:19] | I just hope I die before my wife so I can have some fun up there. | 我只希望我死在老婆前面 这样就可以在上面找点儿乐子了 |
[13:23] | When Carla dies, heaven is going to suck. | Carla死了的时候 就是天堂毁灭的时候 |
[13:27] | That’s all very nice, but we can’t know for sure. | 听上去都很美好 但我们也无法确定会不会实现 |
[13:32] | I know for sure. | 我很确定 |
[13:34] | I’m a man of faith, George. | 我是个有信仰的人 George |
[13:35] | I’ve seen people come back from the brink of death. | 我见过很多人从死亡的边缘活过来 |
[13:38] | And you’d be surprised how many of them say the same thing. | 你会非常惊讶 他们当中许多都说了相同的话 |
[13:42] | They saw a white light | 他们看到了一束白光 |
[13:43] | and were overcome with a feeling of peace. | 然后被一种平和的感觉所包围 |
[13:47] | That’s what comforts me. | 这让我觉得很安心 |
[13:54] | Hey, Mr. Valentine, | 嘿 Valentine先生 |
[13:57] | I re-did your will on a computer. | 我用电脑重新整理了你的遗嘱 |
[14:00] | And to make it less depressing, I used a fun font. | 为了让它看起来不那么悲伤 我用了一种有趣的字体 |
[14:04] | Really, Ted? A fun font? | 是吗 Ted 有趣的字体 |
[14:06] | I like seeing my name in squigglies. | 我喜欢我的名字用草书写出来 |
[14:10] | Oh, yeah! That’s the font! | 是的 要的就是这个效果 |
[14:12] | Recognize! | 认输吧 |
[14:15] | – What’s happening? – It’s this new thing Ed came up with. | – 这是啥意思 – 这是Ed发明的新玩意儿 |
[14:18] | When you disrespect someone and they in turn burn your ass, | 当你不尊重某人 而他反过来将了你一军 |
[14:22] | you must recognize. | 你必须 认输 |
[14:24] | Fine, Ted, I… I recognize. | 好吧 Ted 我 我认输 |
[14:27] | Hell, yeah! | 哦 耶 |
[14:28] | Hell, yeah! | 哦 耶 |
[14:29] | – I hate Ed. – I know. | – 我恨Ed – 我知道 |
[14:32] | Hard to believe. | 难以置信 |
[14:34] | My whole life boils down to these four pages. | 我整个人生就归结成这四页纸了 |
[14:40] | I wonder if anybody will remember me. | 不知道会不会有人记得我 |
[14:43] | Come on, George. | 别这样啊 George |
[14:45] | When my dad died, | 我爸爸去世的时候 |
[14:46] | I thought my brother and I | 我以为只有我和 |
[14:48] | were gonna be the only two to remember him. | 哥哥两个人才会记得他 |
[14:50] | I was totally wrong. | 我完全想错了 |
[14:53] | When we were growing up, | 我们小时候 |
[14:55] | there was this one homeless guy in our town. | 镇上有一个流浪汉 |
[14:59] | We used to call him “Mr. Longbeard-Stinkypants”. | 我们那时叫他 “长胡子臭裤子先生” |
[15:03] | Because he had this really long beard and his pants… | 因为他的胡子特别长而且他的裤子 |
[15:07] | He gets it. | 他懂了 |
[15:09] | They were stinky. | 特别臭 |
[15:10] | Anyway, every time we went out to dinner, | 不管怎么说 每次我们出去吃晚餐 |
[15:13] | my father would make us give him our leftovers. | 我爸爸总要我们把打包的食物给他 |
[15:16] | My mom hated that. She used to be like, | 我妈妈特别反感 她那时常说 |
[15:18] | “He’s just going to use | “他只会用那些 |
[15:20] | those pork chops for drugs.” | 猪排去换毒品” |
[15:23] | My mom drank a lot. | 我妈妈当时酗酒 |
[15:26] | The point is, a couple of months ago, I went home, | 重点是 几个月前我回老家 |
[15:30] | and there’s this clean-shaven guy working in the pizzeria. | 有一个面目整洁的人在披萨店工作 |
[15:33] | He takes me aside and says, “Your father was a great man.” | 他把我拉到一边跟我说 “你父亲是个非常好的人” |
[15:41] | It was Mr. Longbeard-Stinkypants. | 他就是那个”长胡子臭裤子先生” |
[15:45] | Although now he prefers “Kevin.” | 不过现在他更喜欢被称为”Kevin” |
[15:50] | Anyway, George, I promise you, | 总之 George 我向你保证 |
[15:53] | people are going to remember you the same way. | 人们会以同样的方式记住你 |
[15:57] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[16:01] | Wow. It’s kind of emotional in here. If you guys keep this up, | 哇 这里气氛挺煽情啊 要是你们继续保持下去 |
[16:04] | eventually you’ll all get your | 最终你们的”大姨夫” |
[16:05] | periods on the same day, which is kind of cool. | 都会在同一天来 那就酷毙了 |
[16:07] | Denise, a quick word. | Denise 说句话 |
[16:10] | Yeah, I’m going to go | 嗯 我要禁止你 |
[16:12] | ahead and ban you from Mr. Valentine’s room. | 进入Valentine先生的病房 |
[16:14] | Whatever. All the patients are stable, | 随便吧 所有病人情况都很稳定 |
[16:16] | so I’m just going to go catch some z’s in the on-call room. | 我正好就去值班室补个觉 |
[16:19] | Who’s the chubster? | 那个胖子是谁啊 |
[16:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:29] | Meet me in the on-call room, pants down, lights off. | 来值班室见我 裤子脱了 灯关了 |
[16:32] | I just want to say, I am so psyched that you called me back. | 我只想告诉你 你能回我电话 我真是太激动了 |
[16:35] | No. No. No talking. | 不不不 不许说话 |
[16:36] | And if you touch me too much, | 要是你过多触碰我的话 |
[16:38] | God help me, I will head-butt you again. | 上帝助我 我还会用头撞死你 |
[16:41] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[16:45] | And finally, George only had one fear left to tackle. | 最后 George只剩下一个恐惧需要克服 |
[16:49] | At the end… | 结束的时候 |
[16:52] | Is it going to hurt? | 会很痛苦吗 |
[16:54] | No. We’ll manage any pain you have. | 不会 我们会帮你止痛的 |
[16:57] | Well, how’s it going to happen, exactly? | 那具体会是怎么样的呢 |
[16:59] | Maybe if I knew what was coming I’d be able to handle it better. | 也许我知道了将会发生什么 我可以更好地去面对 |
[17:03] | Well, eventually it’ll become harder for you to breathe, | 最终 你会感到呼吸变得困难 |
[17:09] | but you won’t be gasping for air, you’ll just feel more drowsy. | 但是你不会大口喘息 只会感觉更加困倦 |
[17:17] | And as the rest of your organs begin to fail, | 随着你身体的其他器官开始衰竭 |
[17:22] | you’ll just sort of go. | 你就那样 走了 |
[17:28] | I’ll just go? | 我就走了吗 |
[17:33] | I like that. | 真不错 |
[17:36] | And there it was. | 就这样 |
[17:37] | The fear was gone, and all that remained was acceptance. | 所有的恐惧消失了 剩下的只有接受 |
[17:47] | No. | 不 |
[17:50] | No. I know what you guys are trying to do. | 不 我知道你俩想要试图宽慰我 |
[17:52] | I just can’t get over the fact that one minute I’m here | 我只是不能接受现在我还活得好好的 |
[17:54] | and the next, I’m not. | 下一秒我就不存在了 |
[17:57] | And that’s when Turk and I told George how we really felt. | 然后 我和Turk告诉了George我们的真实想法 |
[18:01] | George, I’m terrified of dying. | George 我其实非常害怕死亡 |
[18:03] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[18:05] | Then why did you lie? | 那你们为什么骗我 |
[18:06] | We fight death for a living every single day. | 我们每天的工作就是和死神做斗争 |
[18:08] | We can’t let it know we’re afraid of it or it’ll kick our ass. | 我们不能说我们还怕它 不然它就会战胜我们 |
[18:13] | There we are. | 这才是实话 |
[18:16] | Everybody’s scared. | 每个人都怕死 |
[18:19] | – Yeah. – Pretty much. | – 没错 – 十之八九 |
[18:21] | Well, then what in hell do I have to hope for? | 那我还有什么可奢望的呢 |
[18:26] | Well, if it were me, | 如果是我的话 |
[18:28] | I would just hope that my last thought was a good one. | 我只希望我的最后一个念头是善念 |
[18:34] | – What, that’s it? – That’s it. | – 什么 仅此而已吗 – 仅此而已 |
[18:37] | You thought that was deep? That was… | 你觉得那很深刻吗 可是 |
[18:40] | That wasn’t deep. | 一点都不深刻 |
[18:44] | – Sorry. – I’m over here dying. | – 对不起 – 我躺在这儿都快死了 |
[18:46] | That’s all you… That’s all you can come up with? | 这就是 这就是你能想到的 |
[18:53] | Turk and I spent the next few hours in that room | 我和Turk接下来几个小时都待在病房里 |
[18:55] | just talking and hanging with George. | 陪着George 和他聊天 |
[18:58] | When Turk and I were in college, we were roommates. | 我和Turk上大学的时候 我俩是室友 |
[19:03] | *Love of mine Someday you will die* | *我的挚爱 有一天你会离去* |
[19:08] | *But I’ll be close behind* | *但我也会紧随其后* |
[19:11] | *I’ll follow you into the dark* | *随你坠入那无边的黑暗* |
[19:15] | *No blinding light or tunnels To gates of white* | *没有炫目的光芒 亦没有通往白色大门的隧道* |
[19:20] | *Just our hands clasped so tight Waiting for the hint of the spark* | *只有我们紧握的双手 等待着那束火光的启示* |
[19:28] | *If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied* | *如果天堂和地狱同将我们拒之门外* |
[19:34] | Hey, guys. | 嘿 伙计们 |
[19:39] | I’m getting a little tired. | 我有点儿累了 |
[19:42] | Okay. Well, take a quick nap. | 好的 没问题 你小睡一下 |
[19:47] | You guys’ll be here when I wake up? | 我醒来的时候你们还会在这里吗 |
[19:50] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[19:54] | Hey, hey, man. | 嘿 兄弟 |
[19:58] | That beer tasted great. | 那罐啤酒真是太好喝了 |
[20:06] | George never did wake up. | George再也没有醒来 |
[20:08] | And even all that talking didn’t make death any easier. | 即便那晚的谈话丝毫没有让死亡变得轻松 |
[20:11] | At least not for us. | 至少对我们来说没有 |
[20:14] | Maybe in the end, all you can really hope for | 或许在最后结束时 你能奢求的只有 |
[20:18] | is that your last thought is a nice one. | 你的最后一个念头 是善念 |
[20:20] | *both are satisfied* | *同将我们拒之门外* |
[20:23] | *Illuminate the no’s on their vacancy signs* | *门前招牌上均被点亮起客满的字样* |
[20:31] | Even if it’s just about the taste of an ice-cold beer. | 就算那个念头只是一罐冰镇啤酒的味道 |
[20:38] | George was right. This beer is good. | George说得对 这啤酒真不错 |
[20:42] | I wouldn’t know, I don’t really like beer. | 我是不会知道了 我不喜欢喝啤酒 |
[20:46] | Goodbye, George. | 永别了 George |
[20:48] | *If there’s no one beside you When your soul embarks* | *若你的灵魂上路时 无人伴你左右* |
[20:54] | *Then I’ll follow you into the dark* | *那么我将随你坠入那无边的黑暗* |
[21:01] | – Action. – I have the same nightmare every time. | – 开拍 – 我每次都会做同样的噩梦 |
[21:04] | That I die and leave my family and friends behind. | 我死了 把家人和朋友留在世间 |
[21:08] | I’m diabetic, so I’m probably gonna go before him. | 我有糖尿病 所以很有可能我会死在他前面 |
[21:12] | – Hopefully. – Dude. | – 但愿吧 – 哥们儿 |
[21:14] | I’m gonna have you stuffed. | 我会把你做成标本的 |
[21:16] | Carla already said no. | Carla早就说过不同意 |
[21:17] | – I’m gonna stuff her, too. – You promise? | – 我也会把她做成标本的 – 你保证 |
[21:19] | I’m gonna keep her in the closet, though. | 不过我会把她关在衣柜里 |
[21:21] | All right, but don’t tell her. | 好吧 但是别告诉她 |
[21:22] | She don’t need to know nothing. | 她什么都不需要知道 |
[21:24] | Put you right next to each other. | 把你们俩紧挨着放在一起 |
[21:26] | Cut. We can’t use that, come on. | 卡 我们不能用这条 拜托哎 |
[21:28] | – What the… – Dude, that’s horrible. | – 搞什么 – 老兄 那太吓人了 |