时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | I think people think of their office as a stationery store with Danish. | 人们更多把它当成丹麦人的文具行 |
[00:08] | You know what I mean? You wanna get your pastry… | 我的意思是,你有糕点吃… |
[00:10] | …your envelopes, your supplies… | …有信封, 生活用品… |
[00:12] | …your toilet paper, six cups of coffee, and you go home. | …厕纸, 喝六杯咖啡,然后就回家 |
[00:16] | Why do people that work in offices… | 为啥在坐办公室的人都… |
[00:17] | …have pictures of their family on their desk facing them? | …把家人的照片正摆在办公桌上呢? |
[00:21] | Do they forget that they’re married? | 他们忘记自己已婚了? |
[00:23] | Do they go, “5:00. Time to hit the bars and pick up hookers. | 他们会说,“5点了,该下班了 去找个小姐玩玩吧” |
[00:26] | Hold it a second. | 等等 |
[00:28] | I got a wife and three kids. I better get home. | 我家有老妻还有三个儿女,还是回家吧 |
[00:31] | I completely forgot.” | 我完全忘记了 |
[00:39] | – She hasn’t told her father yet? – We’re supposed to tell him tonight. | – 她还没和她父母说? – 我们今晚告诉他们 |
[00:43] | – What do you mean, “we’re”? – Susan wants me to be there. | – 啥意思, “我们”? – 苏珊想让我陪她一起去 |
[00:46] | You’re meeting the father for the first time? | 你第一次见她爸爸? |
[00:49] | – Yeah. – You’ll make quite an impression… | – 是啊 – 你会给他留下深刻印象的… |
[00:53] | …when you tell him how you burned his cabin down. | …告诉他你怎么把那木屋烧毁了 |
[00:57] | I didn’t burn it down. Kramer did. | 不是我做的,是克莱默 |
[01:00] | I mean, the whole thing is ironic. Think of it. | 这整件事够讽刺的了,你想想看 |
[01:03] | The guy’s nice enough to give you a box of very fine Cuban cigars… | 他好心好意给你一盒上等古巴雪茄… |
[01:06] | – I know what happened. – No, wait. | – 我知道怎么回事 – 不,等等 |
[01:08] | – Then you dump them off onto Kramer. – I know. | – 然后你扔给了克莱默 – 我知道 |
[01:11] | Who proceeds to burn the man’s cabin down… | 接下来他烧毁了那人的木屋… |
[01:16] | …with one of those very same cigars. | …用的可就是同一个盒子里的雪茄 |
[01:20] | It’s very comical. | 太滑稽了 |
[01:23] | Maybe we shouldn’t start writing today. | 也许今天我们写不了东西了 |
[01:25] | I got a lot on my mind. | 我思绪太乱了 |
[01:26] | We’ve put this off long enough. Today’s the day. | 我们已经拖了好久了,就今天搞定吧 |
[01:29] | I wonder how Susan’s father’s gonna react. | 我在想苏珊的爸爸会有啥反应 |
[01:31] | What’s the worst he can do? So you burn a house down. | 他能发狂到什么程度啊 我可是毁了一间房子 |
[01:33] | Come on. | 拜托啦! |
[01:35] | Not even a house. It’s like a cabin. | 不算房子啦,只是间小木屋而已 |
[01:37] | We could build a cabin like that. | 我们也可以搭一间那样的木屋 |
[01:38] | Well, maybe not us, but two men could. | 其他人可以,但我们可不行 |
[01:43] | BICs? What, did you get BICs? | “大班笔”,你这只有“大班笔”? |
[01:45] | What, you got a problem with the pen, now? | 咋啦,你现在对笔都挑三拣四啦? |
[01:47] | I like a Rolling Writer. They’re smooth. | 我喜欢圆珠笔,写起来更顺滑点 |
[01:49] | All right, let’s just get to work. | 好了,开始工作吧 |
[01:52] | NBC pilot. Seinfeld Project. | NBC试播节目,《宋飞计划》 |
[01:54] | Act 1, Scene A. | 第一幕,场景A |
[01:58] | So you’re gonna sit there? | 你就打算一直坐那? |
[02:01] | Let me explain to you… | 让我给你解析一下… |
[02:02] | …one of the key elements involved in the writing process. | …写作过程一个关键因素就是 |
[02:05] | Because it may seem outwardly… | 因为表面看来… |
[02:07] | …that the pen and the paper and the chair play a large role. | …笔,纸还有椅子 可能占很重要的地位 |
[02:10] | But they’re all somewhat incidental to the actual using of the brain. | 但是运用脑子总是免不了的 |
[02:16] | Okay, so just… Just park yourself. | 好的,你就…坐着吧 |
[02:19] | All right. Act 1, Scene A. | 好的,第一幕,场景A |
[02:21] | – Drink? – No. No drink. | – 喝东西吗? – 不,不喝东西 |
[02:25] | – All right. Here we go. – Act 1, Scene A. | – 好的,开始吧 – 第一幕,场景A |
[02:35] | – Weren’t you supposed to call Elaine? – Yes. | – 你不是该给伊莲打电话了吗? – 对哦 |
[02:44] | Hi, is Elaine there? | 嘿,伊莲在吗? |
[02:46] | Oh, hi, Sandra. | 噢,嘿,桑德拉 |
[02:49] | Yeah, I can hold. | 可以,我可以等 |
[02:50] | Every time I call, I gotta chitchat with her assistant for, like, 20 minutes. | 每次打电话给她 我都得和她助手闲聊个至少二十分钟 |
[02:54] | Oh, hi, Sandra. Listen, I’m at a pay phone. | 噢,嘿,桑德拉,听着 我用的是公用电话 |
[02:57] | There’s a lot of people waiting to use it. | 很多人在等着呢 |
[02:59] | I’ll be off in a minute! | 再等一分钟我就得挂了! |
[03:02] | Yeah, could you put me through to Elaine? | 是的,你能接通伊莲电话吗? |
[03:04] | Okay, thanks. | 好的,谢谢 |
[03:07] | Are you thinking of ideas? | 你想到什么主意了吗? |
[03:10] | Is there any way I can get you directly? | 有啥方法可以直接打电话给你吗? |
[03:12] | Every time I call, Sandra bends my ear for, like, 20 minutes. | 每次我打电话,桑德拉都会虐待我耳朵 大概二十分钟 |
[03:15] | So we’re on for later? | 那我们呆会开始? |
[03:17] | Yeah, I’ll come by after work. | 好的,我下班后过去 |
[03:19] | Hey, I got a rubber-pencil thing happening here. | 嘿,我能把铅笔弄得像橡皮诶 |
[03:23] | I gotta go. I gotta go. | 我要挂了,挂了 |
[03:25] | Sandra? Sandra? | 桑德拉?桑德拉? |
[03:27] | Can you come here for a second? | 你能过来一下吗? |
[03:29] | – Okay. Let’s go. – Here we go. | – 好的,开始吧 – 开始吧 |
[03:30] | – You got it? Here we go. – Yeah. | – 可以了吗?开始吧 – 好的 |
[03:34] | Okay, how about this: | 好的,这样吧: |
[03:35] | I’m in my apartment. You come in. | 我在我公寓里,你走进来 |
[03:39] | It’s beautiful. | 好极了 |
[03:42] | And what do I say? | 那我说什么? |
[03:50] | Could you do me a favor? | 你能帮下忙吗? |
[03:53] | When my friends call… | 当我朋友打电话给我… |
[03:54] | …could you not talk to them for too long? | …能不能不要和他们聊太久? |
[03:58] | Why, did Jerry say something? | 为什么,杰瑞抱怨什么了吗? |
[04:00] | No. No. | 没有,没有 |
[04:01] | He must’ve said something. | 他肯定说了什么了 |
[04:03] | Oh, no, he didn’t say anything. | 没有,他什么也没说 |
[04:04] | – I can’t work for you. – Oh, God. | – 我不能再为你工作了 – 噢,天哪 |
[04:06] | – I can’t. I’m leaving. – No, Sandra… | – 我不能了,我要辞职 – 不要,桑德拉… |
[04:09] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I really am. | 我很抱歉,我很抱歉,我真的… |
[04:11] | Listen, Jerry’s under a lot of pressure right now. | 听着,杰瑞现在压力很大 |
[04:14] | It’s very hard being a stand-up comedian. | 要做一位独立的喜剧演员很难的 |
[04:17] | Sometimes they don’t laugh. | 有时候他们压根都不笑 |
[04:23] | – All right, let’s get going. – All right, let’s go to work. | – 好的,继续吧 – 好的,继续工作 |
[04:26] | – Let’s go. – Okay. | – 继续 – 好的 |
[04:27] | – Hey. – We’re in the middle of something. | – 嘿 – 我们正在工作呢 |
[04:30] | – We’re trying to do a little work here. – Yeah, come on. | – 我们要编点什么 – 噢,继续吧 |
[04:33] | What’s with you? | 你干嘛啦? |
[04:35] | – No more golf. – Why? | – 没有高尔夫打了 – 为啥? |
[04:37] | Remember I told you about the pro at the Westchester Country Club… | 还记得那个西切斯特乡村俱乐部 那职业球手吗… |
[04:40] | …who’s letting me play every time I gave him those Cuban cigars? | …每次我给他一支雪茄 他就请我打几轮? |
[04:43] | – Yeah. – Yeah, well, I lost them all in the fire! | – 记得 – 好啦,雪茄全被烧掉了 |
[04:50] | Hey, George, maybe you can ask Susan’s father for some more. | 嘿,乔治 要不你叫苏珊的爸爸再要点吧 |
[04:54] | What are you, crazy? | 什么,你疯了吗? |
[04:56] | I can’t ask the guy for more cigars after you burned down his cabin. | 你烧毁了他的木屋后,我还敢问他要雪茄 |
[04:59] | What’s one thing got to do with another? | 一事归一事嘛 |
[05:02] | Kramer, please. | 克莱默,拜托了 |
[05:03] | Well, I can’t go back to the public courses now. | 现在我不能去公众球场啊 |
[05:06] | I can’t. I won’t. | 不能,我也不会去 |
[05:08] | I mean, you know what that’s like? It’s crowded. | 你知道那啥感觉吗?人山人海 |
[05:11] | The grass has big brown patches in it. | 那草地有褐色的补丁 |
[05:13] | They don’t rake the sand traps. | 他们都不推平沙池 |
[05:15] | Not to mention the caliber of people you have to play with. | 更别提那里人的技术 |
[05:18] | I can’t help you. You’re gonna have to get them someplace else. | 我帮不了你,你找其他人要吧 |
[05:21] | Where? They’re Cubans. | 去哪找啊?那可是古巴货 |
[05:24] | – You know what? I should take off. – What? | – 我说, 我得先走了 – 什么? |
[05:27] | I gotta go to Susan’s parents’ house for dinner. | 我得去苏珊父母家吃晚饭 |
[05:30] | I wanna shower first, and I wanna leave plenty of time. | 我想先洗个澡,那样时间充裕点 |
[05:33] | You got four hours. What about the script? | 你还有4个小时呢,这剧本咋办啊? |
[05:35] | I think we got a bite on it. | 我们会赶出来的 |
[05:42] | Doesn’t George look like your sister Sara? | 乔治和你姐姐萨拉看起来不像吗? |
[05:49] | A slight resemblance. | 有点像 |
[05:51] | Her son’s a podiatrist, you know. | 她儿子可是一名足科医生哦 |
[05:54] | Oh, I have tremendous respect for people who work with feet. | 噢,我对那些足疗者无比崇敬啊 |
[05:58] | I mean, to dedicate yourself to the foot… | 我意思是,把自己献身于足疗事业… |
[06:02] | You’re toiling in virtual anonymity. I mean… | 默默无闻的奉献,我是说… |
[06:08] | How are you enjoying those cigars I gave you? | 你给你的那些雪茄你喜欢吗? |
[06:11] | Oh, the cigars. | 噢,雪茄 |
[06:14] | I’m sucking them down. | 我全吸完了 |
[06:16] | I’m puffing my brains out, yeah. | 我抽到头晕晕了 |
[06:19] | You know, those cigars are made special for Castro. | 那些雪茄可是为卡斯特罗特别订做的 |
[06:22] | I did not know that. | 我不知道耶 |
[06:25] | Weird. Wild. | 诡异 |
[06:27] | – What? – He’s doing Johnny Carson, Daddy. | – 什么? – 他在学约翰尼・卡森呢,老爸 (美国电视节目主持人) |
[06:31] | I didn’t care much for his jokes. | 我不在乎他的玩笑 |
[06:34] | – Daddy never laughs. – Oh, well, so what? | – 我爸爸从来不笑的 – 噢,呃,那没啥? |
[06:37] | Laughter. What is that? | 笑,其实没啥的? |
[06:40] | I mean, what is the point of opening your mouth and going: | 我意思是,你张嘴“哈哈”有什么意思呢 |
[06:44] | What is that? | 那算什么? 哈哈 |
[06:49] | You know, you can’t get those cigars anywhere. | 你从其他地方可找不到这雪茄的 |
[06:51] | You and your cigars. | 你和你的雪茄 |
[06:54] | Wear some more lipstick. | 你该多涂些口红 (这样就算印在杯子上也不用再补妆) |
[06:59] | Daddy, there’s… There’s something that we have to talk to you about. | 爸爸,有件事… 有件事我得和你说的 |
[07:03] | Oh, I forgot to ask you: how’d you like the cabin? | 噢,我忘了问你,你喜欢那木屋吗? |
[07:06] | Oh, the… The cabin. | 噢,那…木屋啊 |
[07:09] | Well… | 呃… |
[07:14] | After we get off the phone you tell her? | 我们刚打完电话你就问她? |
[07:16] | Of course she knows it was me who complained. | 她当然知道是我抱怨啦 |
[07:18] | Now I’m responsible for this woman quitting. | 现在我可要为这女人辞职背负罪名 |
[07:20] | – Oh, this is unbelievable. – I know. | – 噢,真是难以置信 – 我知道 |
[07:23] | I screwed up. It’s all my fault. | 我搞砸了,都是我的错 |
[07:26] | – Would you call her? – Oh, dial the number. | – 你给她打电话吧 – 噢,拨号吧 |
[07:32] | How could you do this? | 你怎么可以这样啊 |
[07:34] | I was just trying to help you. | 我只是想帮你啊 |
[07:36] | Trying to help me. | 帮我 |
[07:40] | Hello. Sandra. | 你好,桑德拉 |
[07:42] | Hi, this is Jerry Seinfeld. | 嘿,是杰瑞・宋飞 |
[07:44] | Listen, I wanted to tell you there’s been a terrible misunderstanding. | 听着,我想我们之间有个很严重的误会 |
[07:47] | See, I told Elaine… | 我告诉伊莲… |
[07:49] | …that it was a real treat talking to you on the phone. | …跟你谈话真的很快乐 |
[07:53] | And she thought I was being sarcastic because I’m a comedian, and all. | 她以为我是讽刺的,因为我是喜剧演员嘛 |
[07:56] | She thought, I think, “Yeah, it’s a real treat talking to her on the phone.” | 她以为我说 “对啊,和她电话聊天真的是一件没事啊” |
[08:00] | But I was really being sincere. | 但是我是真挚的 |
[08:03] | No, of course I like you. | 没有,当然喜欢你啊 |
[08:06] | Tonight? | 今晚? |
[08:11] | Hold on a second. | 等等 |
[08:13] | – She wants to have a drink with me. – Just go. Go. | – 她想约我喝一杯啊 – 去吧,去啊 |
[08:15] | – Oh, I don’t… – Go. | – 噢,我不… – 去啊 |
[08:17] | Yeah, I think I can. | 好的,应该可以的 |
[08:20] | Yeah, I know where that is. | 我知道在哪 |
[08:22] | Okay. I’ll see you there. Okay, bye. | 好的,那到时候见 好的,再见 |
[08:26] | Now I gotta have a drink with her. | 现在我得陪她喝东西啦 |
[08:28] | The cabin. | 那木屋 |
[08:31] | Well… | 呃… |
[08:33] | Susan? | 苏珊? |
[08:36] | – About the cabin… – I love that place. | – 关于那木屋… – 我爱死那木屋了 |
[08:38] | My father built that cabin in 1947. | 我父亲在1947搭建 |
[08:42] | My mother was recuperating from impetigo at the time… | 我妈妈那时脓疱病刚转好… |
[08:46] | …and Dad thought it would be a good idea to get her out into the fresh air. | …我爸觉得让她呼吸新鲜空气会有好处 |
[08:50] | She died there the following winter. | 接下来的冬天,她就去世了 |
[08:54] | And Dad passed away 10 years later to the day. | 我爸爸10年后也过世了 |
[08:58] | His last words to me were: | 他对我说的最后一句话就是: |
[09:01] | “Cherish the cabin.” | “好好珍惜这木屋” |
[09:07] | Not, “Take care of your sister.” She’s a paraplegic. | 不是“好好照顾你姐姐” 她下肢瘫痪了 |
[09:12] | But, “Cherish the cabin.” | 而是“好好珍惜这木屋” |
[09:15] | And I have, for 45 years. | 我做到了,还持续了45年 |
[09:19] | It’s often been a sanctuary for me. | 那里简直就是我的避风港啊 |
[09:24] | Kind of like Superman’s Fortress of Solitude. | 就好比超人的孤独堡垒 |
[09:27] | What? | 什么? |
[09:29] | Superman. | 超人 |
[09:31] | He built a Fortress of Solitude up at the North Pole… | 他在北极圈建了一个孤独堡垒啊… |
[09:34] | …to, you know, sort of get away from it all. | …好逃避,凡间俗事吧 |
[09:38] | When I go, I’m passing it on to her. | 我死后,我会留给她的 |
[09:41] | Well, I’ll take a hotel any day. | 等到那天,我都搬去酒店住了 |
[09:46] | – Daddy? – Yes. | – 爸爸? – 嗯 |
[09:47] | Daddy, about the cabin. | 爸爸,关于那木屋的事 |
[09:50] | Look, Henry, I spilled wine on me. | 看,亨利,我把酒溅身上了 |
[09:54] | – What about it? – Well, the thing is… | – 怎么啦? – 呃,事情是这样的… |
[09:57] | – What, what is it? – Well, the cabin is kind of… | – 什么,怎么啦? – 呃,那木屋是… |
[10:01] | – George? – Burned. | – 乔治? – 烧了 |
[10:05] | – Burned? – There was a fire, and it… | – 烧毁了? – 起火了,然后它… |
[10:08] | Burned. | 烧毁了 |
[10:10] | – The cabin burned? – Yeah, burned. | – 木屋烧毁了? – 是的,烧毁了 |
[10:14] | Burned? | 烧毁了? |
[10:17] | Was anything found? | 起火原因找到了没? |
[10:19] | Was it all burned to the ground? Did they find anything? | 烧的一点不剩了吗? 他们有找到什么剩下的吗? |
[10:22] | – No. Nothing. – Nothing? | – 不,啥也没啦 – 都没了? |
[10:27] | But, you know, Mr. Ross, if you look at the whole situation… | 但是,罗斯先生,这件事… |
[10:30] | …what with it being your cigars and everything… | …你的雪茄和这所有一切… |
[10:32] | …it’s really rather ironic. | …真的很讽刺的 |
[10:34] | One might even say, in a sense, comical. | 有人或者会说,这真的很滑稽 |
[10:40] | Really. Think about it. | 真的,想想看 |
[10:43] | – I can’t believe you said that. – What? | – 我不敢相信你会这样说 – 什么? |
[10:45] | How could you say something like that to me? | 你怎么可以对我说这些东西呢? |
[10:48] | What? You were the one who was talking dirty. | 什么?是你先开始调情的啊 |
[10:50] | I was just trying to keep up. | 我只是接你话而已 |
[10:52] | – That was a weird thing to say. – Why? It didn’t mean anything. | – 你这样说真的很怪 – 为什么,我没其他意思啊 |
[10:56] | I was trying to join in so you wouldn’t feel embarrassed. | 我只是想加入谈话,避免尴尬而已 |
[10:59] | – Oh, I think you’re really sick. – I’m not sick. | – 噢,我觉得你有病 – 我没病 |
[11:03] | You said much sicker things than me. | 你说的东西比我的病态多了 |
[11:06] | – I’m leaving. – You’re making too much of this. | – 我要走了 – 你看得太重了 |
[11:08] | Excuse me. | 让开吧 |
[11:10] | – Let me walk you to a cab. – That’s okay. | – 我送你去坐车吧 – 不用了 |
[11:12] | The main thing is that this is just between us. | 主要是这是我们之间的事 |
[11:14] | – And that’ll be the end of it. – Oh, really? | – 就这样算了吧 – 噢,真的吗? |
[11:17] | I mean, people, they’re not interested in things like this. | 我意思是,别人对这样的事可不感兴趣 |
[11:20] | They don’t wanna hear about it. They really don’t. | 他们不想听这样的事的 他们真不会听的 |
[11:26] | So we’re drinking and talking. | 我们喝酒,聊天 |
[11:29] | And so she starts rubbing my leg. | 然后她开始揉我的腿 |
[11:31] | Wow, what did you do? | 喔,那你后来咋样呢 |
[11:34] | Have you ever told a woman to stop touching your leg? | 你总不会叫一个女人不要碰你的腿吧? |
[11:38] | – Yeah. Right. – I know it’s the wrong thing to do. | – 那倒是 – 我知道那样是不对的 |
[11:40] | She works in Elaine’s office. But I can’t get that hand off my leg. | 她在伊莲办公室上班 但我无法抗拒她摸我的腿 |
[11:44] | I’m looking at the hand thinking, “That hand should not be on my leg.” | 我看着她的手想 “这手不该放我腿上的” |
[11:47] | But I can’t make my brain to get my mouth to say the words: | 但是我没办法让脑子指挥我的嘴巴说: |
[11:51] | “Would you mind?” | “你介意(把手拿开)吗?” |
[11:53] | Yet women have no problem getting the hand off. How do they do that? | 可女人又不是不会把手挪开 她们是怎么办到的? (指可以一直不挪开) |
[11:57] | I don’t know. They’re working on a whole other level. | 我不知道 她们已经到达另外一种境界了 |
[12:00] | – All right, so go ahead. – So then we go back to my apartment. | – 好的,继续吧 – 然后我们回到公寓 |
[12:06] | So we’re fooling around there. | 我们在那乱搞一通 |
[12:08] | You know, it’s getting a little passionate. | 气氛变得热烈起来 |
[12:10] | And she starts with the dirty talking. | 她就开始调情了 |
[12:13] | All right, all right. Hold on. | 好的,好的,等等 |
[12:16] | Time out. | 暂停 |
[12:20] | – What did she say? – You know. The usual. | – 她说什么了? – 一些老话 |
[12:24] | No, I don’t know. How do I know the usual? | 我不知道,我咋知道啥是老话啊? |
[12:26] | – Typical things. – What’s typical? Give me typical. | – 典型的话啊 – 什么典型的啊? 举个例子看看 |
[12:31] | She says… | 她说… |
[12:48] | That’s very dirty. | 真的很下流的 |
[12:50] | That’s absolutely filthy. | 超级无敌淫秽的 |
[12:53] | And then she starts talking about her panties. | 然后她开始说她的内裤 |
[12:56] | I’m gonna need some water here. | 我这要点水 |
[13:00] | So I said something. | 然后我说了点什么 |
[13:02] | Okay, what did you say? | 好的,你说了啥? |
[13:03] | Now, bear in mind, I am just trying to keep up. | 听着,我只是想接她的话而已 |
[13:06] | – Of course. – Okay. | – 当然 |
[13:09] | So she’s talking about her panties. | 然后她说她的内裤 |
[13:12] | So… | 然后… |
[13:15] | So I said: | 我就说: |
[13:16] | “You mean, the panties your mother laid out for you.” | “那内裤是你妈妈帮你试穿吗” (这句话确实是没有什么内在意思的……�澹� |
[13:32] | “The panties your mother laid out for you”? | “那内裤是你妈妈帮你试穿的吗”? |
[13:36] | – What does that mean? – I don’t know. | – 什么意思啊? – 我不知道啊 |
[13:41] | It just popped out. | 我随便说说而已 |
[13:42] | – Well, how did she react? – She flipped out. Just left. | – 呃,那她啥反应啊? – 她抓狂了啊,就这样离开了 |
[13:46] | Well, that’s not offensive. | 那又不是很过分 |
[13:47] | It’s abnormal, but it’s not offensive. | 不正常,但也不过分啊 |
[13:50] | Look, the main thing is I don’t want Elaine to know about any of this. | 主要是我不想伊莲知道这些事 |
[13:53] | I mean, especially the pantie remark. | 尤其是这内裤的事 |
[13:55] | I mean, it’s embarrassing. She’d never let me hear the end of it. | 真的很丢人的,她肯定会喋喋不休的 |
[13:58] | What if this girl says something? | 要是那女孩告诉她呢? |
[14:00] | She will. She’s going back to work. | 她会的,她回去上班了 |
[14:02] | I talked her into it. How stupid was that. | 我说服她回去上班的,我真笨啊 |
[14:05] | So Susan’s father took that news pretty hard, huh? | 苏珊的爸爸反应很强烈吧 哈? |
[14:07] | Yeah. He went into the bedroom and started sobbing. | 是啊,他走进卧室抽泣 |
[14:10] | – Guess he didn’t see the humor in it. – Yeah. | – 他根本看到这里面的幽默 – 对啊 |
[14:16] | – Let’s go. We got a lot of work to do. – All right. | – 走吧,我们还有很多活要干 – 好的 |
[14:18] | – Big workday. – That’s right. | – 漫长的工作日啊 – 对啊 |
[14:21] | – Okay. – Let’s go. | – 好的 – 开始 |
[14:23] | – Right now. – Let’s do it. | – 现在 – 我们开始吧 |
[14:24] | – Okay. – All right. | – 好的 – 好的 |
[14:26] | – What do you got? – I got, you enter, you go, “Hi.” | – 你想到啥了? – 我想到:你走进来,你说:“嘿” |
[14:30] | And I go, “Hello.” | 我说, “你好” |
[14:33] | Now, we need something here. | 我们得好好想想 |
[14:37] | – Oh, hey. – Kramer! Hey! | – 噢,嘿 – 克莱默!嘿! |
[14:39] | – Buddy! – You guys are working. I’ll come back. | – 伙计! – 你们干活啊,我呆会过来吧 |
[14:42] | – No, no! Come on. | – No, no! – 不,过来吧 – 不要 |
[14:43] | No, you guys should get back to work. | 不啦,你们好好干活吧 |
[14:46] | – Don’t leave. We’re taking a break. – Oh, yeah? | – 别走,我们休息下 – 噢,是吗? |
[14:48] | George, did you talk to that guy about getting more cigars? | 乔治, 你有没有问他多要点雪茄啊? |
[14:52] | I told you. I’m not gonna do that. | 我告诉你我不会问的 |
[14:53] | Okay. Well… | 好的,呃… |
[14:56] | I guess I’m just gonna have to take matters into my own hands, huh? | 看来我只能自己处理了,对吧? |
[14:59] | All right. I’ll see you guys. | 好吧,再见吧 |
[15:01] | Where are you going? Don’t run off like that. | 你要去哪里啊?别那样就走掉啦 |
[15:14] | Okay… | 好的… |
[15:20] | – I need to talk to someone. – Well, what is this about? | – 我来找人的 – 干嘛的呢? |
[15:23] | Well, it’s a very private matter, but extremely urgent. | 很私人的,但是非常紧急 |
[15:26] | – Are you an American? – Oh, yeah. | – 你是美国人吗? – 噢,是的 |
[15:28] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[15:30] | – Excuse me. – Okay. | – 稍等 – 好的 |
[15:36] | – Okay, let’s get going. – Let’s get focused here. | – 好的,我们继续吧 – 让我们集中精神 |
[15:39] | Come on, now. Come on, let’s get it together. | 快点啦,快点,把活干完 |
[15:44] | – Yeah? – It’s Elaine. | – 谁啊? – 伊莲 |
[15:45] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[15:50] | All right, you know what we should do? | 好的,你知道我们该干啥吗 ? |
[15:52] | We should go to the movies. | 我们应该去看电影 |
[15:54] | – Get away from the script for a while. – We should. | – 远离这剧本一阵子 – 是啊 |
[15:56] | I just have to go over to the Rosses’ and drop off Susan’s sunglasses. | 我要去罗斯家,把苏珊的太阳镜还她 |
[16:00] | – Come with me? – Yeah. Does she live with them? | – 你要去吗? – 好的,她和他们一起住吗? |
[16:03] | No, no. | 不,不是的 |
[16:04] | – Hey, nice going, Jerome Seinfeld. – What? | – 嘿,干得不错嘛, 杰罗姆・宋飞 – 咋啊? |
[16:09] | I just got a message from Sandra. She’s coming back to work. | 我刚收到桑德拉的留言 她要回来上班了 |
[16:12] | Well, then you’ve just gotta fire her. | 你应该炒了她的 |
[16:14] | Don’t even think about it. There’s no two ways about it. | 想都别想,没得商量 |
[16:17] | – Why, what happened? Did you talk? – Talk? Did I talk? l… | – 怎么了,出啥事啊? 你们谈了吗? – 谈话?我又没谈?我… |
[16:20] | You’re darn right I talked to her. We talked up a storm. | 我当然和她谈话了 我们谈得风云变色! |
[16:23] | I’ve concluded, from the basis the those talks… | 我总结一下我们的谈话… |
[16:26] | …that this isn’t anybody you should be talking to. | …你最不该谈的人就是她 |
[16:28] | – You really think I should fire her? – Oh, yeah. | – 你真的觉得我该炒了她? – 噢,当然 |
[16:31] | In fact, if George and I weren’t so busy working, I’d do it myself. | 事实上,要是我和乔治工作没那么忙 我就帮你炒了她了 你叫什么名字啊,同志? |
[16:49] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[16:50] | what is this about? | 克莱默同志,有何贵干呢? |
[16:55] | – Cigars. – Cigars? | – 雪茄 – 雪茄? |
[16:57] | – Cigars. – What about cigars? | – 雪茄? – 雪茄什么事? |
[17:00] | See, here, l… | 明白,我… |
[17:02] | I saved one of the cigar rings. | 我保存了一个雪茄的环 |
[17:06] | – You mean, one of these. – Yeah, yeah. That’s them. | – 你是指这个 – 是的,就是这些 |
[17:10] | Okay, so I’d like to buy a couple of boxes of those from you. | 我想从你这买好几盒这样的雪茄 |
[17:14] | You realize, of course, these are illegal in your country. | 你知道,在这国家可是违法的 |
[17:18] | Well, illegal, huh? | 呃,违法的? |
[17:22] | I like that jacket. | 我喜欢那夹克 |
[17:34] | – Hi! – Hi. How are you? | – 嘿! – 嘿!你好吗? |
[17:36] | – Hey, Jerry. – Hi. | – 嘿,杰瑞 – 嘿 |
[17:38] | I thought you guys were working today. | 我以为你们今天工作呢 |
[17:40] | – Just taking a little break. – Yeah. | – 休息一会 – 好的 |
[17:42] | – Oh, here’s your sunglasses. – Oh, thanks. Come on in for a second. | – 这是你的太阳镜 – 好的,谢谢了,进来坐会吧 |
[17:45] | This is my brother Ricky. He’s home from college for the weekend. | 这是我的弟弟里基 他从学校回家过周末的 |
[17:49] | Hey, there, young fella. | 嘿,年轻人 |
[17:51] | – What’s your major? – I don’t have one. | – 你啥专业的啊? – 我没专业的 |
[17:53] | Well, you should always consider podiatry. | 你该考虑修足疗学 |
[17:56] | Nothing wrong with the feet. | 那样脚就总是好好的 |
[17:57] | And this is my aunt, Sara. | 这是我的阿姨,萨拉 |
[18:00] | He doesn’t look like me. | 他长得一点也不像我 |
[18:04] | Sara, what do you have on your wheels? | 萨拉,你轮椅上沾了什么? |
[18:06] | Nothing. They’re clean. | 什么都没啊,干净的很呢 |
[18:08] | Ricky, did you wipe her wheels off? | 里基,你有没有擦那轮椅啊 |
[18:10] | – Yes. – Well, they’re filthy. | – 擦了 – 脏死了 |
[18:15] | It’s just a matter of common courtesy. | 这只是礼貌问题 |
[18:19] | You come in the house, you wipe your wheels. | 进我家就要擦轮椅 |
[18:24] | Excuse me. | 请让一下 |
[18:26] | Hello, Raymond. | 你好,雷蒙德 |
[18:28] | The man from the insurance company dropped this off. | 一个保险公司给你的 |
[18:30] | Said it was the only thing left from the remains of the fire. | 他说火灾中唯一幸存的东西 |
[18:33] | Oh, thank you. | 噢,谢谢你了 |
[18:35] | Wow, I’ve never seen this before. | 喔,我以前没见过这东西呢 |
[18:38] | Oh, they’re letters. | 噢,是信件来的 |
[18:40] | – Here. – Oh, sure. | – 拿着 – 好的 |
[18:43] | From… From John Cheever! | …约翰・邱佛寄的! (美国男作家1912-1982) |
[18:51] | “Dear Henry… | “亲爱的亨利… |
[18:52] | …last night with you was bliss. | …昨晚和你一起真是太幸福了 |
[18:55] | I fear my… | 我担心我的… |
[18:58] | …orgasm has left me a cripple. | …高潮会让我残废 |
[19:02] | I don’t know how I shall ever get back to work. | 我不知道该怎么回去工作了 |
[19:06] | I love you madly, John. | 爱死你的约翰 |
[19:10] | P.S. Loved the cabin.” | 附注,我也爱那小木屋” |
[19:17] | – Well, we really should be… – Yeah, look at the time. | – 我们真的应该… – 对, 看下时间 |
[19:21] | …heading out. You know, it’s a time… | …走啦,是时候… |
[19:23] | The box! | 盒子! |
[19:25] | My letters! Give me that! | 我的信! 快还我! |
[19:28] | Who told you to open it? | 谁叫你打开的? |
[19:30] | Who’s John? Who’s John?! | 谁是约翰啊? 谁是约翰啊? |
[19:31] | – I knew it. – I wanna know who John is! | – 我就知道 – 我想知道谁是约翰! |
[19:33] | John Cheever? Dad! You and John Cheever? | 约翰・邱佛? 爸爸! 你和约翰・邱佛? |
[19:36] | Yes. Yes, he was the most wonderful person I’ve ever known. | 是的,是的,他是我认识的最棒的人 |
[19:40] | And I loved him deeply. | 我深深地爱着他 |
[19:42] | In a way you could never understand. | 那可是你们无法理解的 |
[19:53] | Well, we really should be heading out. | 呃,我们真的该走了 |
[19:56] | Jerry hates to miss the coming attractions. | 杰瑞可不想错过电影 |
[19:58] | – Yeah, and because of the time. – Yeah. | – 对啊,因为时间 – 对的 |
[20:00] | Time is what he’s indicating there. | 他指的是时间 |
[20:03] | Anyway, onward and upward. | 无论如何,天天向上 |
[20:10] | – Here we go. – Let’s go. | – 开始吧 – 开始吧 |
[20:12] | – Come on, now. – Right now. | – 现在得快点了 – 马上 |
[20:13] | – You and me. No fooling. – You got it. | – 我和你,别偷懒了 – 明白 |
[20:15] | – All right, what do you got? – I got, you come in, you say, “Hi.” | – 好的,你写了什么? – 我写了, 你走进来,你说“嘿” |
[20:18] | And then I say, “Hello.” | 然后我说,“你好” |
[20:22] | – All right. So we need something. – Yeah. | – 好的,我们得写点什么 – 对的 |
[20:25] | How about this: I say, “How’s it going?” | 这样吧:我说, “最近咋样” |
[20:29] | “How’s it going?” Beautiful. | “最近咋样?” 好极了 |
[20:33] | – Come on. We were just on a roll now. – All right. | – 拜托,我们正如火如荼呢 – 好的 |
[20:35] | – Did you get that line? – “How’s it going?” | – 你写下那台词了吗? – “最近咋样啊?” |
[20:37] | – Did you write it down? – I’m writing it. “How’s it going?” | – 你写下了吗? – 我在写,“最近咋样?” |
[20:41] | – Real good! – What? | – 真的好极了! – 什么? |
[20:43] | You know how much money you cost me today? $429. | 你知道今天你花了多少钱吗? 429美元 |
[20:46] | – What, how? – I got Sandra transferred… | – 什么,怎么花的? – 我把桑德拉调到… |
[20:49] | …to another office upstairs, okay. | …楼上的另一个办公室了,好啦 |
[20:51] | So she blabs to Lippman about my long-distance calls to Europe! | 然后她向利浦曼打小报告说 我偷偷打国际长途去欧洲 |
[20:54] | – What calls? – I made a friend when I was in Europe. | – 什么电话啊? – 我在欧洲交了一个朋友 |
[20:57] | And we’ve been in touch, and Sandra told Lippman! | 我们一直保持联系 桑德拉告诉利浦曼了! |
[21:01] | Did she say anything else to you? | 她没告诉你其他什么吗? |
[21:04] | Anything else? What do you mean, “anything else”? | 其他事? 啥意思啊?其他事? |
[21:06] | So she just left the office… | 她就这样离开办公室了… |
[21:08] | …didn’t say a word to you about anything? | … 她没和你说其他事情? |
[21:11] | – Yeah. – Beautiful. | – 没啊 – 好极了 |
[21:16] | Why is that beautiful? | 为啥说好极啦? |
[21:18] | Oh, no. Not beautiful. | 噢,不,一点不好 |
[21:20] | It’s $429! | 花了我429美元 |
[21:21] | Hey, look, I’m gonna pay for that. | 我帮你掏呗 |
[21:24] | – No, no. – No, I insist. | – 噢,不用啦 – 不,要的 |
[21:26] | I was the one that encouraged you to fire her. | 我鼓励你炒她的哦 |
[21:29] | – The whole thing was all my… – Okay. | – 这都是我… – 好的 |
[21:31] | Fault. | 错 |
[21:32] | Do you smell smoke? | 闻到烟味吗? |
[21:38] | Oh, hey! Hey, Jer, I want you to meet my new friends here. | 噢,嘿 ,杰 我想介绍我新朋友给你 |
[21:41] | This is Luis, Jorge and Umberto. | 这位是路易斯, 乔治还有恩伯托 |
[21:44] | – Hey. – How you doing? Nice to meet you. | – 嘿 – 你好吗? 很高兴见到你 |
[21:47] | Yeah, we’re heading up to Westchester. Gonna hit the links. | 我们要去西切斯特打高尔夫了 |
[21:50] | – Yeah. – Hey, isn’t that your…? | – 好的 – 嘿,那该不是你的…? |
[21:53] | Oh, yeah. Okay. We’re going. All right. | 是啊,好啦,我们走了,好的 |
[22:03] | Hey, what are you reading? | 嘿,你在看什么啊? |
[22:04] | The Falconer, by John Cheever. It’s really excellent. | 《放鹰者》, 约翰・邱佛写的 真的很不错哦 |
[22:08] | John Cheever. You ever read any of his stuff? | 约翰・邱佛,你读过他的书吗? |
[22:11] | Yeah, I’m familiar with some of his writing. You know. | 我还是挺熟悉他写的某些东西 (指那封“情书”) |
[22:17] | Look, we gotta get back to work. We just had a big breakthrough. | 我们得继续工作了 我们取得了重大突破 |
[22:20] | – Okay. I’ll leave you two alone. | – Okay. – 好的,不打扰你们了 – 好的 |
[22:22] | Maybe I’ll visit my mother. | 或许我该去探望下我母亲了 |
[22:23] | She just bought me some new panties, and they’re all laid out for me. | 她刚给我买了不少内裤 她“亲自帮我试穿”的哦 |
[22:42] | There’s this whole talking-during-sex business. | 做爱时谈的这些东西 |
[22:45] | I mean, what are we doing here? | 我是指,我们在干嘛啊? |
[22:47] | The question is… | 问题是… |
[22:49] | …does the talking really improve the sex? | …谈话真的可以提高性生活质量吗? |
[22:51] | Or is the sex act now… | 还是性行为… |
[22:53] | …just there to spice up the conversation? | …激起谈话的欲望呢? |
[22:55] | Eventually, I’m sure people will get too lazy even for phone sex. | 到最后,我觉得人们都懒得打性爱电话了 |
[22:59] | They’ll start having phone machine sex. | 他们开始搞留言性爱 |
[23:02] | “Yeah, I want you really bad. Just leave it on the tape.” | “是的,我想死你了,录在这带子上了” |
[23:07] | Then, I guess, the phone company will come out with sex-waiting. | 然后我猜电话公司 会提供性爱呼叫等待服务 |
[23:11] | That’ll be the new thing. | 这些新事物会陆续出现 |
[23:13] | “Yeah, hold on, honey. I got another call. | “好的,等等,宝贝,我先接个电话 |
[23:15] | Oh, hi, baby. One second. | 噢,嘿,宝贝,等一会 |
[23:16] | Honey, I’ve gotta take this. | 宝贝,我得接个电话 |
[23:19] | Yeah, I’ve got sex-waiting on the other line… | 对的,我有性爱呼叫等待在其他线上 |
[23:21] | …and I’ve got to take this.” | …我得接这个了” |