时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | The problem with the beginning of the relationship… | 随着一段关系的开始 问题也随之产生… |
[00:06] | …is each person has their own sexual timetable… | …因为每个人都有着 自己的性生活时间表… |
[00:09] | …of what should happen when, that the other person knows nothing about. | …规定什么时候做什么事情 另一个人对此一无所知 |
[00:12] | That’s why I think we need some sort of sexual rule book… | 所以我们需要 一本异性交往法则书… |
[00:16] | …where it’s written down and agreed upon… | …里面介绍了公认的,标准的… |
[00:18] | …sexual standard dating procedure. | …异性约会流程 |
[00:21] | Know what I mean? So if there’s any problems, you can go: | 你明白我的意思吗? 如果问题,你可以说: |
[00:24] | “Look, honey, I’m sorry, but we’ve been out three times… | “看,亲爱的,对不起 我们约会3次了…” |
[00:27] | …and according to Article 7, Section 5… | “…根据第七章,第五节…” |
[00:29] | …there’s got to be some physical contact, as you can see right there. | “…上面说可以做一些身体接触 你看就在这里” |
[00:33] | Otherwise, I will report you to the board… | “否则,我会举报你…” |
[00:35] | …and they can issue a warrant for an embrace.” | “…他们会签发一个强制拥抱令” |
[00:43] | Wait a second. Wait a second. | 等等,等等 |
[00:45] | Then the butler says, “I’m not cleaning it up. | 然后管家说 “我还没有打扫完呢” |
[00:47] | – I’m sick of cleaning!” – That’s funny. That’s funny. | – “我讨厌打扫” – 这很有趣,很有趣 |
[00:51] | “I’m sick of cleaning.” That’s very funny. | “我讨厌打扫” 这相当有趣 |
[00:54] | I’ve never seen a pilot script this funny. | 我从来没有看到过 那么有意思的剧本 |
[00:56] | – Yeah, it’s funny. – How funny is this? | – 是的,这个相当有趣 – 不是吗? |
[00:58] | – It’s funny. – I mean, we’re not stupid, right? | – 这个很有趣 – 我是说,我们不笨,对吗? |
[01:00] | – We know when something’s funny. – It cannot not be funny. | – 我们知道什么是有意思的 – 这个不能再有趣了 |
[01:04] | Come on, let’s stay with it. We gotta finish this today. | 快点,我们要集中精力 今天要完成它 |
[01:07] | Maybe I should give it to my therapist to read. | 也许我应该给我的治疗医生看看 |
[01:09] | – She’s smart. I trust her. – Maybe I’ll give it to Elaine. | – 她非常的聪明,我相信她 – 我应该给伊莲看看 |
[01:12] | We haven’t brought the Elaine character into the show yet. | 我们还没有加入伊莲这个角色 |
[01:15] | We should get her into this scene. | 我们应该把她放到这个场景里 |
[01:17] | Right. Right. Okay. | 对 |
[01:20] | “Elaine enters.” | “伊莲进场” |
[01:23] | Right. | 恩 |
[01:25] | What does she say? | 那她应该说什么呢? |
[01:30] | – I don’t know. What do women say? | – I don’t know. – 不知道,女人该说什么? – 我不知道 |
[01:33] | I don’t even know what they think. That’s why I’m in therapy. | 我甚至都不知道她们怎么想 所以我才去做治疗 |
[01:37] | If we bring Elaine in, it’ll be so many people to keep track of. | 但是,如果加入伊莲 我们就要掌控很多的角色 |
[01:40] | It’s too hard. I forget where everybody is standing. | 这太困难了 我已经忘记了每个人所在的位置了 |
[01:42] | You, me, Kramer, the butler. It’s too much. | 你,我,克莱默,管家,太多人了 |
[01:46] | – All right, forget Elaine. – All right. | – 那不要伊莲了 – 好的 |
[01:50] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[01:54] | You are never gonna believe who I just ran into today. | 你绝对想不到我今天碰到谁了 |
[01:57] | – Who? – Your old flame: Gail Cunningham. | -谁啊? -你的老情人,盖尔・康尼翰 |
[02:00] | Did you talk to her? | 你和她讲话了吗? |
[02:01] | Well, I was on my way to the Y, and I saw her coming towards me. | 那时我要去一个地方 然后就看见她向我走过来 |
[02:04] | I didn’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[02:06] | I remember you had three dates with her… | 我记得你和她约会过三次… |
[02:08] | …and she wouldn’t kiss you good night. | …还有,她不和你吻别 |
[02:10] | So now I’m thinking, “What is my duty to my friend? | 所以,那时我就想 我怎样尽到朋友责任呢? |
[02:12] | Do I acknowledge her? Do I ignore her?” | 我该上前和她打招呼? 还是装做没有看到她? |
[02:15] | – I mean, what is my responsibility? – So, what happened? | – 我到底应该怎么做呢? – 那么后来呢? |
[02:17] | You know, she sees me and she goes, “Hi, Kramer!” | 她看到我,然后说 “你好,克莱默” |
[02:21] | Like nothing happened. | 就好象什么都没有发生过一样 |
[02:23] | Like she never went three dates with you and refused to kiss you. | 就好象她从来没有和你约会过 没有拒绝过吻别一样 |
[02:27] | – Yeah, I know about the three dates. – You know what I did? I snubbed her. | – 我知道那三次约会的事 – 你知道我怎么做吗?我故意冷落她 |
[02:32] | – What do you mean you snubbed her? – I walked by her, never said a word. | – 你故意冷落她是什么意思? – 我走过她身边,什么都没有说 |
[02:36] | – Right by her? – Right by her. | – 就从她身边走过? – 就从她身边走过 |
[02:39] | What do you say about a guy like this, huh? | 你说说,多好的一个人啊 |
[02:43] | You are some great friend. I’ll tell you. Snubbed her. Not that I condone it. | 你真够朋友,告诉你 冷落她,虽然我认为这是不对的 |
[02:49] | I’ve never condoned snubbing in my administration. | 在我的领土之上我 从不认为冷落是正确的 |
[02:52] | But your loyalty is beyond question. | 但你的忠心毫无疑问 |
[02:54] | Well, you know, she’s lucky I was in a good mood. | 她幸运的是我今天心情还不错 |
[02:56] | Could have been a lot worse. | 否则,她会更惨 |
[03:01] | – I’m not even in here. – Yeah, I know. | – 我根本就不在这个剧里面 – 是的,我知道 |
[03:04] | I thought there was gonna be a character named “Elaine Benes.” | 我想应该有个角色叫“伊莲・贝尼斯” |
[03:07] | There were too many people in the room. | 屋里的人太多了 |
[03:10] | We couldn’t keep track of everybody: | 我们没有办法掌控到每个人 |
[03:11] | George and the butler… | 乔治还有管家… |
[03:13] | You “couldn’t keep track of everybody”? | 你“不能掌控到每个人”? |
[03:16] | Well, we tried. We couldn’t. We didn’t know how to… | 我们试过,还是不行 我们不知道怎么… |
[03:20] | We couldn’t write for a woman. We didn’t know what you would say. | 我们不知道怎么写女人 我们不知道你会说什么 |
[03:24] | Even right now, I know you’re gonna say something. | 即使是现在 我知道你要说什么 |
[03:26] | I have no idea what it is. | 但是我不知道你到底想说什么 |
[03:28] | You have no idea? | 你不知道? |
[03:31] | Something derogatory? | 你要鄙视我吗? |
[03:34] | – I thought I’d find you here. – Well, Gail Cunningham. | – 我就知道在这里可以找到你 – 你好,盖尔・康尼翰 |
[03:37] | – Hi, Gail. – Hi, Elaine. | – 你好,盖尔 – 你好,伊莲 |
[03:39] | – What is with your friend, Kramer? – Why? | – 你的朋友克莱默怎么回事? – 怎么了? |
[03:42] | He snubbed me. | 她故意冷落我 |
[03:44] | – Are you sure? – Yeah, I’m sure. | – 你确定吗? – 是的 |
[03:46] | – What did you tell him? – Nothing. Hey, give me that. | – 你和他说了什么? – 没什么,把那个给我 |
[03:49] | – I thought you finished. – I took two bites. How am I finished? | – 我以为你已经吃完了 – 才咬了两口,怎么可能吃完? |
[03:53] | Plus, you’re coming down with something. You want me to get sick? | 还有,你已经生病了 你想让我得病吗? |
[03:56] | Bite? | 要吃吗? |
[03:58] | I wanna know. Why did Kramer do that? | 我想知道 克莱默为什么会这样做? |
[04:00] | I don’t know. Once he leaves the building, he’s out of my jurisdiction. | 我不知道,一旦离开大楼 他就超出我的管辖范围了 |
[04:03] | – Tell him that I am mad at him. – All right. So where you cooking now? | – 告诉他,我很生气 – 好的,你现在在哪里当厨师? |
[04:07] | – Pfieffer’s. – Oh, the power-lunch crowd. | – 菲弗尔饭店 – 那个上电视的饭店 |
[04:09] | Nice shoes. | 鞋子真漂亮 |
[04:13] | – Thank you. – Where did you get them? | – 谢谢 – 你在哪里买的? |
[04:15] | They’re Botticelli’s. | 在罗波提切利里面 |
[04:18] | Botticelli’s. Look at you. I’m afraid to go in there. | 罗波提切利,瞧瞧 我都不敢进去呢 |
[04:22] | Really? | 真的? |
[04:24] | – Would you care to join us? – No, no. I gotta get to the restaurant. | – 你要和我们一起吃吗? – 不了,我还要去餐馆工作 |
[04:27] | – See you. | – See you. – 再见 – 再见 |
[04:30] | “Look at you with your Botticelli’s.” | “瞧你在罗波提切利买的鞋子” |
[04:35] | – That bothered you? – Yes, it bothered me. | – 让你觉得不舒服吗? – 是的 |
[04:38] | So I bought a pair of shoes at Botticelli’s. | 我在罗波提切利里 买双鞋子怎么了 |
[04:41] | I’m not allowed to shop there? | 我不允许进去吗? |
[04:42] | That really embarrassed me. | 她让我觉得不爽 |
[04:44] | – It did? – Yes. Couldn’t you see that? | – 真的? – 对,难道你看不出来吗? |
[04:49] | No. | 看不出 |
[04:51] | This is why you’re not in the pilot. | 这就是你为什么 不在剧本中的原因了 |
[04:57] | Well, George, I think you’re beginning to get some perspective on things. | 乔治 我想你开始对事物有些看法了 |
[05:01] | I think we’re making progress. | 我想我们有所进展了 |
[05:02] | – Yeah, I feel like I’ve grown. – Good. Let’s pick up on this next week. | – 是的,我觉得我进步了 – 好的,我们下个星期继续吧 |
[05:06] | Great. | 好的 |
[05:09] | By the way, did you get a chance to read the script? | 顺便问一下 你读了我的剧本了吗? |
[05:13] | Yes. Yes, I did. | 我读了 |
[05:16] | Well, what did you think? | 你觉得怎么样啊? |
[05:17] | It was… | 那个… |
[05:20] | …good. | …还好 |
[05:24] | You didn’t like it? | 你不喜欢吗? |
[05:26] | Well, no… | 不喜欢… |
[05:27] | I can’t believe this. What was wrong with it? What didn’t you like about it? | 真难以相信,怎么可能 你不喜欢那一点? |
[05:31] | It wasn’t funny. | 它不搞笑 |
[05:32] | It wasn’t funny? What, are you kidding? | 不搞笑?你开什么玩笑? |
[05:35] | No. I didn’t find it funny. | 我一点都不觉得搞笑 |
[05:38] | You didn’t find it funny? This is what I’m paying for? | 你觉得不搞笑? 我花钱就为了这个? |
[05:41] | Well, that whole story line about a guy who gets into a car accident… | 整个故事就是一个人遇到车祸… |
[05:45] | …doesn’t have insurance, so the judge sentences him to be a butler? | …没有买保险 所以法官判他为管家? |
[05:49] | I didn’t really buy that. | 我不认为很好 |
[05:51] | Let me tell you who did buy it. We pitched this story… | 让我告诉你谁觉得好 我们把这个故事… |
[05:57] | …to Russell Dalrymple, the president of NBC, and he ate it up with a spoon. | …给了NBC总裁罗素・达里波 他把这当成美味全部吃下去了 |
[06:02] | If you’re going to be in a creative field… | 如果你想涉足创造性领域… |
[06:04] | …you’re gonna have to learn how to deal with criticism. | …你就要学会正确的看待批评 |
[06:07] | How’s this for criticism? | 这样的批评怎么样? |
[06:10] | You stink. How do you like that criticism? | “你让我觉得恶心” 你喜欢这样的批评吗? |
[06:13] | You know what’s funny to me? That diploma up on the wall. | 你知道对我来说什么是搞笑的吗? 墙上的证书 |
[06:17] | That is my idea of comedy. | 那就是我认为的搞笑 |
[06:20] | You sitting here, telling people what to do. | 你坐在这里,告诉人们该做什么 |
[06:22] | – I think you’d better go. – I’m going baby. I’m going! | – 我想你可以走了 – 我走了,宝贝,我走! |
[06:27] | It’s Jerry’s fault. | 都是杰瑞的错 |
[06:30] | He took out all my good lines. He’s such a control freak. | 他否定了我所有的好点子 他是个控制狂 |
[06:38] | So you send me to this therapist to help me with my emotional disorders… | 你把那位医生介绍给我 帮助我控制情绪… |
[06:42] | …and she criticizes our script. | …她批评我们的剧本 |
[06:44] | What kind of a therapist is that? | 这算什么医生啊? |
[06:46] | Well, I guess she didn’t think it was funny. | 我想她可能觉得 剧本不是很搞笑吧 |
[06:49] | Oh, she didn’t think it was funny. What is she, Rowan and Martin? | 她不觉得搞笑 她是谁啊,罗文还是马丁? (两位60年代的喜剧明星) |
[06:54] | We’re supposed to meet with NBC tomorrow. | 我们明天要和NBC见面的 |
[06:56] | She completely shattered my confidence. | 她完全打击了我的信心 |
[06:58] | And I’m paying for this. She’s my employee. | 我还付钱给她,她是我的雇员 |
[07:00] | – I thought your mother’s paying for it. – And she slaves to earn every penny… | – 我以为你妈妈付钱 – 那是她辛苦积攒下来的… |
[07:05] | …so that someday I might be able to walk up to a woman and say: | …也许有一天我会对一个女人说: |
[07:08] | “Yes, I’m bald, but I’m still a good person.” | “是的,我是一个秃头 但是我仍是个好人” |
[07:12] | He’s right. It’s not her place to criticize the script. | 他说的对 她无权批评我们的剧本 |
[07:15] | Which reminds me. What did you think of it? You never told me | 这倒提醒我了,你怎么想? 你还没有告诉我 |
[07:19] | – What did I think of it? – Yeah. | – 我是怎么想的? – 是的 |
[07:23] | Hey, buddy, I got something to tell you. | 伙计们,我有事情要和你们说 |
[07:24] | Now, one second. You won’t get off that easy. Tell me what you thought. | 等下,没有这么容易就混过去了 快点告诉我你是怎么想的 |
[07:28] | – Well, you know… – I just kissed Gail Cunningham. | – 你知道… – 我刚刚亲了盖尔・康尼翰 |
[07:35] | – You what? – Yeah, I kissed her. | – 你做了什么? – 是的,我亲了她 |
[07:37] | – You kissed her? – Right on the mouth. | – 你亲她了? – 在嘴唇上哦 |
[07:40] | What kind of great friend are you? | 你算什么朋友? |
[07:42] | How do you go from snubbing to kissing? | 你怎么从冷落转变到接吻的? |
[07:44] | I saw her outside the Y. She came up to me, she started yelling… | 我看到她在街上走 她向我走来,开始大叫… |
[07:48] | …because I snubbed her. Then we started talking a little bit… | …因为我冷落了她 然后我们交谈了一小会儿… |
[07:52] | …and I walked her to her building. And just before I left… | …我去了她的住处 就在我走的时候… |
[07:56] | …I put my arm around her waist. I pulled her to me… | …我把手放在了她的腰际 拉向我… |
[07:59] | …and I planted one. | …然后我就亲了一下 |
[08:03] | – What did she do? – She kissed me back. | – 那么她什么反应? – 她也亲了我一下 |
[08:06] | I don’t get this. I go out with this girl three times, she won’t shake my hand. | 我不明白,我和她出去了三次 她连手都不让我牵 |
[08:10] | Why is she kissing you? | 她为什么会亲你? |
[08:12] | Because I snubbed her. You see? Women, they like that. | 因为我冷落了她,看到吗? 女人喜欢这样 |
[08:16] | Yes, I understand women. | 是的,我了解女人 |
[08:18] | The snub is good. They love the snub. | 冷落是对的 她们喜欢被冷落 |
[08:22] | No they don’t. I tried that once. | 不,她们不喜欢,我试过一次 |
[08:25] | I snubbed for a year. Nothing. | 我冷落了一年,一无所获 |
[08:27] | Every woman I saw, I snubbed. You never saw people so pleased. | 我冷落每一个我遇到的女人 你从来没有看到女人们这么高兴 |
[08:33] | So I understand you’re buying new shoes now at Botticelli’s. | 我知道你去罗波提切利买鞋了 |
[08:37] | What? Who told you that? | 什么?谁告诉你的? |
[08:40] | Gail Cunningham. | 盖尔・康尼翰 |
[08:42] | I don’t understand. Why is this woman talking about my shoes? | 难以理解 她为什么总谈论我的鞋 |
[08:45] | Why are my shoes a topic of conversation? | 为什么我的鞋成为了谈话主题? |
[08:49] | We were just talking, and she mentioned… | 只是在交谈中她提到… |
[08:51] | …how you’re buying your shoes now at Botticelli’s. | …你在罗波提切利买鞋 |
[08:54] | How I’m buying my shoes now at Botticelli’s. | “你在罗波提切利买鞋” |
[08:57] | Did you hear this? | 你听到了吗? |
[09:01] | So what? | 怎么了? |
[09:03] | So what? She is talking about my shoes. She is discussing my shoes. | “怎么了?” 她谈论我的鞋,她在讨论我的鞋 |
[09:09] | It is nobody’s business where I buy my shoes. | 我在哪里买鞋和别人没有关系 |
[09:23] | – Hey, Gail? – Yeah. | 盖尔? |
[09:26] | Elaine. | 伊莲 |
[09:28] | – Why are you talking about my shoes? – What? | – 你为什么谈论我的鞋子? – 什么? |
[09:30] | My Botticelli shoes. You’ve been talking about my Botticelli shoes. | 我在罗波提切利买的鞋子 你一直在说我的罗波提切利买鞋子 |
[09:33] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么? |
[09:34] | Did you or did you not tell Kramer that I got my shoes at Botticelli’s? | 你有没有在克莱默面前说过 我在罗波提切利买鞋子? |
[09:38] | Too spicy. He wants another one. | 太辣了,他要换一份 |
[09:40] | – You got that pasta primavera? – Elaine, I am very busy here. | – 要意大利面? – 伊莲,我现在很忙 |
[09:44] | Who else have you mentioned my shoes to? | 你还对谁说过我的鞋? |
[09:46] | I want to know why my footwear is your conversation? | 我想知道我脚上穿什么 为什么成为你的谈话内容 |
[09:49] | I am not discussing this. This is insane. | 我没有讨论它,莫名其妙 |
[09:52] | You got that pasta primavera? Let’s go! | 意大利面做好了吗?快点 |
[10:02] | Here you are, Mr. Dalrymple. | 你的菜,达里波先生 |
[10:05] | Sorry for the delay. Enjoy your lunch. | 上的有点晚,对不起,请享用 |
[10:09] | – Well, come in. Come in. – Hi. | – 欢迎,请进 – 你好 |
[10:11] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[10:13] | Sorry to make you come up here… | 让你们过来实在是不好意思… |
[10:14] | …but I wasn’t feeling well enough to go back to the office. | …我实在是不太舒服 无法在办公室谈 |
[10:17] | Well, it’s the only chance I have to meet with you this week. | 这周我也只有这次机会可以见你们 |
[10:20] | – Are you all right? – It’s my stomach. | – 你还好吗? – 我的肚子不舒服 |
[10:22] | There must have been something in the pasta primavera I had for lunch. | 我想我中午吃的意大利面里 一定有什么问题 |
[10:26] | – Where did you eat? – Pfeiffer’s. | – 你在那里吃的? – 菲弗尔饭店 |
[10:29] | – I know the chef there. – Food is usually terrific. | – 我认识一个那里的厨师 – 那里的东西还不错 |
[10:32] | My cousin worked for Bouchard’s. | 我的侄子在布夏尔饭店工作 |
[10:35] | They used to use the bouillabaise for a toilet. | 他们用鱼汤冲厕所 |
[10:38] | What are you saying? | 你说什么? |
[10:40] | Well, you didn’t hear it from me, but needless to say… | 当我没有说过,毫无疑问… |
[10:43] | …if you go in there, | …如果你去那里,最好只点清汤 |
[10:46] | We better get started. My daughter’s gonna be here soon. | 我们快点开始吧 我女儿马上要来了 |
[10:49] | Oh, you have a daughter. | 你有一个女儿 |
[10:50] | – She just turned 15 last week. – That’s a fun age. | – 上周刚刚满15岁 – 那是个有意思的年纪 |
[10:53] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:55] | All right. | 好了 |
[10:57] | The script. Now, I’ve read this thing three times. | 那个剧本,我已经读了3次了 |
[11:01] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[11:03] | And every time I read it… | 每次我读它… |
[11:09] | What? | 什么? |
[11:12] | – Excuse me for a second. – What? | – 请等一下 – 什么? |
[11:14] | Would you like a Pepto-Bismol? I keep them in my wallet. | 你要胃药吗?我钱包里有 |
[11:18] | You think he liked it? | 你觉得他喜欢吗? |
[11:25] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[11:37] | – What was that dish he said… – Pasta primavera. | – 他刚刚说是什么菜… – 意大利面 |
[11:42] | You know, “primavera” is Italian for “spring.” | 你知道吗?“意大利面” 在意大利语中的意思是“春天” |
[11:45] | – No? – Yeah. | – 不是吧? – 是的 |
[11:48] | Really, I’m terribly sorry. It’s just… | 我真的很抱歉,只是… |
[11:52] | …all of a sudden, it just hit me. | …很突然,我生病了 |
[11:55] | So you were saying, about the script. | 我们刚才说到那个剧本 |
[11:59] | Right. The script. | 是的,那本剧本 |
[12:00] | Your script needs… | 你的剧本需要… |
[12:04] | It needs… | 它需要… |
[12:07] | – More jokes? – Another ending? | – 更多的笑话? – 另一种结局? |
[12:08] | A different name for the butler? | 换管家的名字? |
[12:17] | Maybe we should go. | 可能我们应该走了 |
[12:19] | We haven’t heard his notes yet. | 我们还没有听到他的建议呢 |
[12:21] | We don’t know how he feels about our work. | 我们不知道他对 我们的剧本有什么看法 |
[12:25] | Oh, no. Oh, my God. Oh, my God. | 我的上帝,我的上帝 |
[12:32] | I can’t listen to anymore of this. The guy’s losing a lung in there. | 我实在是听不下去了 他好象要把胃给吐出来了 |
[12:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[12:40] | – Hi. – I’m Molly. | – 你好 – 我是莫莉 |
[12:43] | – I’m Jerry. – George. | – 我是杰瑞 – 乔治 |
[12:44] | We’re discussing our script with your father. | 我们正在和你的爸爸 讨论剧本的事 |
[12:47] | He just read it. | 他刚读过 |
[12:50] | – Daddy, are you okay? – Yeah. Yeah, sweetie, I’m fine. | – 爸,你还好吗? – 是的,宝贝,我很好 |
[12:58] | – So you live with your mother? – Yeah. | – 你和妈妈一起住? – 是的 |
[13:02] | Divorce is very difficult, especially on the kid | 离婚生活特别的艰难 尤其对小孩来说 |
[13:06] | Of course, I’m the result of my parents having stayed together. | 事实上我是爸妈同居的结果 |
[13:09] | So you never know. | 你是不会理解的 |
[13:10] | Crapshoot. | 碰运气 |
[13:12] | Dad, you all right? What’s the matter? | 爸,你还好吗?怎么回事? |
[13:14] | – It’s just a stomach thing. – Yuck. | – 肚子不舒服 – 可怜 |
[13:17] | We’re gonna have to do this some other time. | 我想我们要另外约时间了 |
[13:19] | So if you give me your number, I’ll call you later. | 你们留下电话号码 我再联系你们 |
[13:24] | Suddenly I’m in the mood for pasta primavera myself. | 突然我想去吃意大利面了 |
[13:38] | Get a good look, Costanza? | 看的很开心嘛,克斯坦萨? |
[13:44] | – What were you doing? – It’s not my fault. You poked me. | – 看看你做了什么? – 这不是我的错,你推我的 |
[13:48] | You’re supposed to just take a peek after a poke. | 你应该就偷偷地看一眼 |
[13:52] | You were like you just put a quarter in one of those metal things… | 你刚才就像在帝国大厦楼顶上… |
[13:55] | …on top of the Empire State Building | …把一枚硬币丢在 那些铁家伙里面 |
[13:57] | It was cleavage. I couldn’t look away. | 那是乳沟 我怎么可能不看呢 |
[13:59] | What, am I waiting to win an Oscar here? This is all I have in my life. | 我是为了得奥斯卡而活? 那才是我的生活 |
[14:03] | Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don’t stare at it. | 看乳沟就象看太阳 你不可以一直盯着它 |
[14:07] | It’s too risky. | 太冒险了 |
[14:09] | – You get a sense of it, then look away. – All right. | – 你看一眼,马上转移视线 – 好吧 |
[14:13] | He caught me in a cleavage peek. So big deal. | 他抓到我看乳沟了 那又怎么样 |
[14:16] | Who wouldn’t look at cleavage? She’s got nice cleavage. | 谁会不看他女儿的乳沟啊? 她的乳沟真不错 |
[14:19] | – That’s why I poked. – Why I peeked. | – 那就是我推你的原因 |
[14:22] | – Hi. – Hey. | – 那就是为什么我看的原因 |
[14:24] | – What is with your friend Elaine? – What? | – 你朋友伊莲有毛病吗? – 什么? |
[14:27] | She comes to my restaurant, comes right in my kitchen… | 她去我的餐馆 直接来我的厨房… |
[14:30] | …starts complaining that I’m talking about her shoes. | 开始抱怨说,我讨论她的鞋子 |
[14:33] | – She did? – Right in the kitchen. Disgraceful. | – 真的? – 就在厨房,真丢脸 |
[14:36] | I don’t like people coming into my kitchen. | 我不喜欢别人去我厨房 |
[14:38] | I think she sneezed all over someone’s pasta primavera. | 她还在客人的意大利面上打喷嚏 |
[14:42] | Someone might have gotten sick because of her. | 那人会因为她而生病 |
[14:49] | – Pasta primavera? – Is that what she said? | – 意大利面? – 她是不是这样说的? |
[14:53] | Hey, she’s something, huh? She’s a wild one. She’s wearing me out. | 她不一般,很野性,我精疲力尽 |
[14:58] | – She is? – She’s real sensual. | – 她? – 她真的很厉害 |
[15:01] | You know, with the cooking and all. | 烹饪还有其他方面 |
[15:12] | Hello? | 你好 |
[15:13] | Hi, Stu. | 你好,斯杜 |
[15:15] | – From NBC? – Yeah. | – NBC的电话? – 是的 |
[15:17] | What’s going on? | 有什么进展吗? |
[15:19] | What? Really? | 什么?真的? |
[15:22] | Oh, my God. | 我的上帝 |
[15:24] | Did he give you a reason? | 他给出什么理由? |
[15:27] | Oh, boy. | |
[15:28] | Okay. All right. Thanks. | 好吧,好的,谢谢 |
[15:31] | Dalrymple just canceled the pilot. | 达里波取消了剧本 |
[15:36] | If you hadn’t gone there, this wouldn’t have happened. | 如果你不去餐馆 这事就不会发生了 |
[15:39] | I don’t like people talking about my shoes behind my back, okay? | 我不喜欢别人在我的背后 谈论我的鞋,好吗? |
[15:42] | My shoes are my business. | 我的鞋由我自己做主 |
[15:44] | You two shouldn’t have been looking at some 15-year-old’s cleavage. | 你们两个人不该偷看 15岁女孩的乳沟 |
[15:48] | – He poked me! – There was cleavage in the area. | – 他推我了 – 那里有乳沟 |
[15:52] | That’s a reflex. Cleavage, poke. Cleavage, poke. | 那是条件反射 乳沟,推你,乳沟,推你 |
[15:55] | But she was 15. | 但是人家才15岁 |
[15:57] | You don’t consider age in the face of cleavage. | 你在乳沟面前是不分年龄的 |
[16:00] | This occurs on a molecular level. You can’t control it. | 那是你的生理反应,你难以控制 |
[16:03] | We’re like some kind of weird fish… | 我们就像眼睛长在头外面的… |
[16:05] | …where the eyes operate independently of the head. | …怪鱼 |
[16:08] | What’s the difference? What are we gonna do now? | 讨论这个有什么用? 我们现在该做什么? |
[16:11] | He won’t take our calls. We can’t get into his office. | 他不会接我们的电话 他不会让我们去他的办公室 |
[16:13] | You know what we could do? He eats at Pfeiffer’s. | 你知道我们应该做什么吗? 他会去菲弗尔饭店吃东西 |
[16:16] | We can have Gail call us when he’s there, go there and talk to him. | 如果他在那,让盖尔打电话给我们 我们就可以和他谈谈 |
[16:19] | – You’re on to something. – The whole thing is so stupid. | – 你说对了 – 整件事情实在是太愚蠢了 |
[16:22] | Like he wouldn’t do the same thing if Elaine walked by in a low-cut dress. | 就像如果伊莲穿低胸衣服走过 他不会看一样 |
[16:26] | – Well, maybe not Elaine, but… – No. | – 也许不会看伊莲,但是… – 是的 |
[16:29] | – Somebody like Gail, though. – Yeah. | – 像盖尔那样的? – 是的 |
[16:31] | What? What do you mean Gail? | 什么?你们说像盖尔是什么意思? |
[16:34] | What? | 什么? |
[16:35] | Hey, Kramer, listen, I want you to ask Gail to do me a favor. | 克莱默,听着,我要盖尔帮个忙 |
[16:38] | The next time Russell Dalrymple comes in the restaurant… | 下次罗素・达里波去餐馆的时候… |
[16:41] | …ask her if she would call me. – All right, I’ll call her right now. | – …问她是否愿意打电话给我 – 好的,我现在就给她打电话 |
[16:47] | What do you mean Gail? | 你说盖尔是什意思? |
[16:48] | You don’t think I can attract attention, put asses in the seats? | 你认为我不引人注意,不够资格? |
[16:53] | Look, sweetheart, you know you’ve got it all. | 听着,亲爱的,你什么都有 |
[16:57] | But let’s face it… | 但是你要面对现实… |
[17:00] | – She said she’ll do it. – All right. | – 她说她会做的 – 好的 |
[17:02] | – Great. Beautiful. – Beautiful. | – 太棒了 – 太棒了 |
[17:03] | But she wants the shoes. | 但是她想要那双鞋 |
[17:05] | – What? – She says she wants those shoes. | – 什么? – 是的,她说她要那双鞋 |
[17:07] | She wants my shoes? | 她要我的鞋? |
[17:10] | What kind of person is this? | 她算什么人啊? |
[17:12] | – She is not getting them. – Come on, I’ll buy you another pair. | – 我不会给她的 – 我再给你买一双 |
[17:16] | No, these were the last pair of these that they had. | 不,这双是店里面的最后的一双了 |
[17:19] | – I’ll get you another just like it. – But these were the only cool ones. | – 我给你买双差不多的 – 但是只有这款很酷 |
[17:22] | Don’t you see how everybody likes them and everybody talks about them? | 难道你没有看出来吗? 大家都很喜欢这款,都喜欢谈论它 |
[17:29] | Elaine… | 伊莲… |
[17:33] | …this pilot, it doesn’t matter to me. It’s not me I’m concerned about… | …这个剧本对我来说不重要 它不是我关心的… |
[17:39] | …it’s my mother. She’s already been in the hospital this year. | …我关心的是我妈妈 她今年一直在医院里 |
[17:42] | – Yeah, because she caught you… – Never mind! | – 是,因为她发现你… – 算了吧! |
[17:45] | Oh, come on. Wait a second. This whole thing is ridiculous. | 等等,整件事情都相当的荒唐 |
[17:49] | How do I even know she wears the same size? | 我怎么知道她 和我穿一样大小的鞋子? |
[17:51] | – All right, what size are you? – Seven and a half. | – 你是多少尺码? |
[17:54] | Bingo. | 一样大 |
[18:02] | Sauce this. | 做沙拉 |
[18:10] | Yeah, he’s here. | 是的,他在这里 |
[18:11] | Oh, and one more thing, bring the shoes. | 还有一件事,不要忘记鞋子 |
[18:23] | Hey, will you look! | 你快看啊! |
[18:27] | Fancy meeting you here. | 真高兴见到你 |
[18:29] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[18:31] | Pasta primavera. Back on the horse. | 意大利面,还是老习惯 |
[18:36] | It’s funny, after the pilot got canceled, we hadn’t heard from you. | 有意思的是剧本被退后 我们就没有听到你的消息了 |
[18:39] | – We didn’t hear anything. – We were wondering what happened. | – 我们毫无消息 – 我们想知道发生了什么? |
[18:43] | Well, it just didn’t seem to be the right project for us right now. | 我想我们现在不应该讨论这个话题 |
[18:57] | So, what were you saying? | 你们前面说什么? |
[19:00] | The show. Because if it had anything at all to do… | 那个连续剧,因为如果这件事… |
[19:03] | …with what you perceived as me… | …是由于你认为… |
[19:05] | …leering at your daughter, I really have to take issue with that. | …我偷看了你的女儿而这样 我需要辩解一下 |
[19:08] | – I did not leer. Did I leer? – No leer. | – 我没有偷看她,是吗? – 是的 |
[19:13] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[19:15] | – Are you using that ketchup? – No. | – 你要用番茄酱吗? – 不用 |
[19:24] | Because if I’m looking… | 因为如果我直视前方… |
[19:27] | …straight ahead and something enters my field of vision… | …然后有东西进入我的眼帘… |
[19:30] | …that’s merely a happenstance. | …那只是个巧合 |
[19:33] | Look, under the circumstances… | 在这种情景之下… |
[19:34] | …I don’t really feel that we should be in business together. | …我觉得我们没有什么理由合作 |
[19:39] | Here’s your ketchup back. | 你的番茄酱 |
[19:41] | You know, I had the hardest time trying to get some out. I just kept… | 你知道吗? 这个番茄酱很难倒出来,我一直… |
[19:45] | …pounding and pounding on the bottom of it. | …在拍瓶底 |
[19:47] | – Do you ever have any trouble? – No. | – 你有这样的问题吗? – 没有 |
[19:51] | Do you have a ketchup secret? | 你有倒番茄酱的秘诀吗? |
[19:54] | No… | 没有… |
[19:58] | Don’t have a ketchup secret. | 没有秘诀 |
[20:01] | Because if you do have a ketchup secret… | 如果你有秘诀的话… |
[20:04] | …I would really, really like to know what it is. | …我真的真的很想知道 |
[20:18] | Field of vision, huh? | 映入眼帘? |
[20:21] | How’s everything? | 东西好吃吗? |
[20:23] | – Really good. – This pasta primavera is fabulous. | – 不错 – 这个意大利面真是好吃 |
[20:25] | – Very tasty. – How did it go with that NBC guy? | – 相当的美味啊 – 和NBC的人谈得怎么样了? |
[20:28] | Great. Pilot is back on. | 很好,我们的剧本有救了 |
[20:31] | In fact, Elaine’s going out with him tomorrow night. | 事实上,伊莲明天晚上会和他出去 |
[20:35] | Hey, listen, Elaine… | 听着,伊莲… |
[20:37] | …if Russell mentions anything about the pilot… | …如果罗素有说什么关于剧本的… |
[20:39] | …you’ll, of course, tell him how much you liked it. | …你就告诉他,你是多么的喜欢 |
[20:42] | You know I happen to have the script right here with me… | 我这里正巧有份剧本… |
[20:46] | …and on page three, for example… | …比如说在第三页… |
[20:49] | …suppose the Elaine character comes in wearing… | …假设有一个叫伊莲的人穿着… |
[20:52] | …a low-cut dress… | …穿着低胸的衣服… |
[20:54] | …and the butler is very distracted and can’t work. | …管家不由自主地被吸引 难以工作 |
[20:58] | That kind of comedy, that’s a little broad for us. | 这是一种幽默 可以使我们的剧更加深入 |
[21:03] | I’m sure it’s right up Russell’s alley. | 一定会得到罗素的青睐的 |
[21:05] | – Well, it’s a funny idea. – It’s funny. | – 这是个有趣的主意 – 是很有意思 |
[21:08] | – Come on, funny is funny. – Funny’s funny. | – 真有趣 – 有趣中还有有趣的 |
[21:10] | We’re here to entertain, right? | 我们就是在娱乐,是吗? |
[21:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:15] | Well, maybe I’ll mention it to Russell tomorrow night. | 可能明天晚上我会和罗素说一下 |
[21:17] | – If you can. – Yeah. | – 如果可以的话 – 是的 |
[21:19] | – Where is he taking you, by the way? – Bouchard’s, on 53rd. | – 顺便问下,他带你去哪? – 53大街布夏尔饭店 |
[21:28] | I think what he’s trying to say is, “Get the bouillabaise.” | 我想他会说“喝点鱼汤吧” |
[21:43] | Men are obsessed with cleavage, women are obsessed with shoes. | 男人为乳沟着迷 女人为鞋子着迷 |
[21:47] | It’s the same for both sexes. It doesn’t matter… | 男女对此都是一样的 无论… |
[21:49] | …how many times we’ve seen these things. | …你看了多少次 |
[21:52] | Every time these objects are presented to us… | 每当这些东西展现 在我们的面前的时候 |
[21:55] | …we have to look. We cannot not look. | 我们不得不看 我们没法不看 |
[21:57] | To men, cleavage is like the nearest thing… | 对于男人,看乳沟是… |
[22:00] | …to a nearby UFO landing. That’s what it is. | …最接近看UFO近距离着陆的事情 就是这样 |
[22:02] | Women, if women buy a pair of shoes that they really love… | 女人,如果买了一双很喜欢的鞋… |
[22:06] | …this is like boarding the alien ship. | …就像登上了外星飞船 |
[22:09] | It’s possible that aliens have landed… | 很有可能UFO已经着陆了… |
[22:11] | …and they haven’t been able to get our attention… | …但是它们没有办法 吸引你的注意… |
[22:14] | …because we’re so preoccupied with cleavage and shoes. | …因为我们全神贯注 于乳沟和鞋子 “外出” |