时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | There’s something insincere about greeting cards. | 贺卡这种东西有时候不是很有诚意 |
[00:06] | They’re like these little $ 1 folded-paper… | 他们就是一张小小的 只值一块钱的折纸… |
[00:09] | …emotional prostitutes, isn’t it? | 是有“感情”的妓女,你们觉得呢? |
[00:11] | “I don’t know what my feelings are, so I’ll pay some total stranger a buck… | “我不知道该怎么表达感情 所以我就付给陌生人一块钱…” |
[00:15] | …to make up this little Hallmark hooker to do the job for me. | 来让这个小小的豪迈(美国贺卡品牌)妓女 来为我干这事 |
[00:19] | So I can go, ‘Here, I didn’t write this… | 然后我就可以说 “给,我啥也没写… |
[00:21] | …but whatever they wrote, I think the same thing.”‘ | …他们是怎么写的 我就是怎么想的” |
[00:25] | Wouldn’t it be better to have one card… | 他们干嘛不发明种贺卡… |
[00:27] | …that covered every occasion for everybody in one shot? | 好适用所有场合,所有对象呢? |
[00:30] | “Happy birthday, merry Christmas, happy anniversary, congratulations… | “生日快乐,圣诞快乐 纪念日快乐,恭喜发财… |
[00:33] | …it’s a boy and our deepest sympathies.” | 喜得贵子,节哀顺变” |
[00:36] | Signed, “The whole office.” | 签名“全体同僚” “募捐” |
[00:43] | She was hitting on you? | 她勾引你? |
[00:45] | My friend Noreen? | 我朋友诺琳? |
[00:47] | Your friend Noreen. | 就是你朋友诺琳 |
[00:49] | – Sure you’re not flattering yourself? – If I was flattering myself… | – 你不是在吹牛皮吧? – 如果我就是要吹… |
[00:52] | …I think I’d come up with someone a little less annoying than Noreen. | …也找个没诺琳那么烦的人来吹 |
[00:57] | I cannot believe that she was hitting on you. | 我真不敢相信,她勾引你?! |
[01:00] | – If you don’t believe me, ask her. – I will. Besides, she’s got a boyfriend. | – 如果你不相信我,你可以问她啊 – 我当然会问!再说,她都有男友了 |
[01:04] | You know him, Dan. Remember, we went to that party at his house? | 你认识的,丹, 记得么? 我们去过他家聚会 |
[01:08] | – The guy with the really high voice. – Yeah. | – 就是那个音调很高的家伙? – 对 |
[01:12] | Jerry, did you get my Fortune magazine in your mail? | 杰瑞,你是不是从你的邮箱 拿了我的《财富》? |
[01:14] | Check the pile. | 翻翻那一堆吧 |
[01:17] | Yeah, yeah. | 对 对 |
[01:20] | – Who sent you a card? – I don’t know. | – 谁送了你一张贺卡? – 我不知道 |
[01:22] | Open it. It’s from Hallmark. | 打开看看,还是“豪迈”卡 |
[01:26] | – Hello, my love. – Hello, darling. | – 你好,亲爱的 – 你好,宝贝 |
[01:30] | Isn’t that cute. A thank-you card from Kristin. | 看这多可爱啊 克莉丝汀写的感谢卡 |
[01:32] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[01:34] | – Who’s Kristin? – Works for PBS. | – 谁是克莉丝汀? – 在PBS工作的 |
[01:35] | Met her when I agreed to do the pledge drive. | 在我同意做募捐节目的时候认识的 |
[01:38] | Did you ask her about me? | 你问了我的事情没? |
[01:39] | Yeah. In fact, she said that you could sit in the back and answer the phone. | 恩,事实上,她说你可以坐在后面接电话 |
[01:43] | Giddyup! All right. So now, how does that work? | 哦耶!太好了! 那么那个怎么弄呢 |
[01:46] | What, I get a percentage of every pledge I bring in, right? | 每一笔我拉来的钱我都会有分成是么? |
[01:50] | No. It’s not aluminum siding. It’s volunteer work. | 当然没,你又不是帮人砌墙 知道什么叫志愿精神嘛 |
[01:53] | All the money goes to the station. | 所有的钱都归电视台 |
[01:55] | Okay, yeah. That sounds good. But I still get a tote bag, right? | 好吧,听起来还不错 但我还可以拿到纪念手袋是吧? |
[01:58] | Yeah, and one of those foam beer-can holders. | 恩,还有那种可以放啤酒瓶的东西 |
[02:05] | You know what I’m doing? | 你知道我在干什么吗? |
[02:07] | – I’m calling Noreen. – Go ahead. | – 我在给诺琳打电话 – 尽管打吧 |
[02:09] | – You sure you don’t mind? – Like she’ll admit she was flirting. | – 你确定你不介意么? – 反正她又不会承认是她主动 |
[02:16] | – Hello? – Hi. It’s Elaine. | – 你好? – 你好,我是伊莲 |
[02:18] | – Listen, I was just talking to Jerry. – Jerry? | – 听着,我刚才在跟杰瑞说话 – 杰瑞? |
[02:21] | – Jerry Seinfeld. – Oh, I like Jerry a lot. | – 杰瑞・宋飞 – 哦,我很喜欢他 |
[02:26] | – You mean “like” like? – What are you talking about? | – 你是指“喜欢”那个喜欢么? – 你在说什么啊? |
[02:30] | Noreen, were you hitting on him? | 诺琳,你勾引过他么? |
[02:34] | Noreen’s not here. | 诺琳不在 |
[02:36] | This is Dan. | 我是丹 |
[02:40] | Did you say that Noreen was hitting on Jerry Seinfeld? | 你说诺琳勾引杰瑞・宋飞? |
[02:43] | I’ll call you back later. | 我再打给你 |
[02:47] | So was I right? She likes me, right? | 我说对了吧?她喜欢我是吧? |
[02:56] | Hello. | 你好 |
[03:01] | It’s for you. Must you keep giving my number out? | 找你的 你非得到处乱给我号码吗? |
[03:04] | Oh, I’m sorry, Mr. Pitt. | 哦,对不起,皮特先生 |
[03:08] | – Hello. – Elaine, what is going on? | – 你好 – 伊莲,你搞什么啊? |
[03:11] | Why did you tell Dan I was hitting on Jerry Seinfeld? | 你干嘛跟丹说 我勾引杰瑞・宋飞? |
[03:15] | – Is this Noreen? – What would ever possess you… | – 真是诺琳么? – 你到底怎么想的… |
[03:18] | …to make up a story like that? | …要编这么个故事? |
[03:20] | Well, listen, Jerry mentioned it, and I didn’t believe… | 好吧,听着,杰瑞说的 我不相信 |
[03:24] | I think I deserve an explanation. | 我想我需要一个解释 |
[03:27] | Noreen, are you crying? | 诺琳,你哭了? |
[03:30] | No, this is Dan. | 不,我是丹 |
[03:35] | – Hi, Dan. – Elaine? | – 你好,丹 – 伊莲? |
[03:38] | Work? | 该工作了 |
[03:40] | Tell Noreen I’ll just call her back later. | 跟诺琳说我再打给她 |
[03:44] | Who was crying? | 谁在哭? |
[03:46] | No one. I’m sorry, Mr. Pitt. That won’t happen again. | 没人,对不起, 皮特先生 我保证不会再有下次了 |
[03:48] | I’m sure it won’t. But someone was crying… | 我相信你,但是有人哭了… |
[03:52] | …and I want to know who it was. | …我很想知道是谁 |
[03:54] | Well, it’s a long story, okay? | 恩…说来话长啊 |
[03:57] | But my stupid friend Jerry told my other friend Noreen… | 我那笨蛋朋友杰瑞 跟我说我另一个朋友诺琳… |
[04:01] | …that she was… | …她在… |
[04:06] | …you know, hitting on him. | …恩…勾引他 |
[04:08] | And so I called her to see what was going on… | 所以我打电话给她看看 发生什么事情了… |
[04:13] | …and I accidentally got her boyfriend, who is this… | …结果我不小心打给了她男友 就是这个… |
[04:17] | …you know… | …你知道… |
[04:21] | I’m Jerry Seinfeld. I tell jokes for a living… | 我是杰瑞・宋飞 我靠讲笑话为生… |
[04:24] | …but there’s no joking about the financial crisis at PBS. | …但是PBS的财政危机可不是开玩笑的 |
[04:29] | Show us you care. | 伸出你的援助之手 |
[04:30] | Call in your pledge now. | 现在就电话捐赠吧! |
[04:34] | Jerry, I am so grateful that you’re doing this. | 杰瑞,我太感激你能帮我了 |
[04:36] | Oh, I know you are. | 我知道 |
[04:39] | – You got the card I sent? – I did. | – 你收到我送的卡片了么? – 收到了 |
[04:41] | – So where is it? – What? | – 在哪儿? – 恩? |
[04:44] | The card. | 卡片 |
[04:49] | Is this it in the trash? | 是垃圾箱里这个么? |
[04:54] | No. | 不 |
[04:57] | This is my card. You threw it away. | 这是我送你的卡片,你却把它扔了?! |
[04:59] | – Well… – I put a lot of thought into this card. | – 恩… – 我在这张卡片上花了不少心思! |
[05:03] | You signed your name and you addressed the envelope. | 你签了你的名字 写了信封上的地址 |
[05:05] | It’s not like you painted the picture and wrote the poem. | 可是这些图和诗不像是出自你手吧 |
[05:10] | Oh, fine. | 好吧 |
[05:13] | I gotta get back to the office. | 我要回办公室了 |
[05:14] | Why, because I threw the card out? How long was I supposed to save it? | 为什么?就因为我扔了卡片? 我应该保存多长时间呢? |
[05:18] | You have no sentimentality. | 你是个冷血动物! |
[05:20] | I have sentimentality. Really. I’m sentimental. | 我是性情中人! 真的,我实际上很多情的! |
[05:23] | Here, look. Here’s some cards I’ve saved. | 看啊 这些是我保留的卡片 |
[05:25] | These are birthday cards from my grandmother. | 这些是我祖母送的生日贺卡 |
[05:27] | – I’m not a bad guy. – So you save her cards but not mine. | – 我不那么坏 – 你留了她的却扔了我的? |
[05:29] | Oh, great! | 实在是太好了! |
[05:31] | Well, but you see, I saved something. See? | 可是你看 我还是会留点什么的,看到没? |
[05:34] | I can save. | 我会留东西的! |
[05:37] | I’ll see you at the pledge drive, okay? | 节目的时候见好吗? |
[05:39] | Well, new cards, huh? | 喔,新卡片? |
[05:42] | No. They’re old cards from my grandmother. | 不,这些是我祖母给的 |
[05:45] | Well, I’ll tell you, a nice greeting card can really lift a person’s spirits. | 我跟你说,一张精美的问候卡 真能让人精神振奋 |
[05:50] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:54] | – A check. – Yeah, she puts $ 10… | – 一张支票? – 对,她在每张贺卡里… |
[05:56] | …in every birthday card. That’s why I save them. | …都放一张10块的支票 所以我才留着它们 |
[05:58] | There’s a check in all these? Why don’t you cash them? | 每张里都有么? 为什么你不去兑成钱? |
[06:01] | I don’t know. It’s $ 10. | 不知道,只是10块钱 |
[06:03] | Yeah, but you got a whole pile here. Look at this, 1987. | 可是你有一摞啊 看这个,1987年的 |
[06:06] | – So what? – Your grandmother gave you this gift. | – 那又怎么样 – 你祖母给了你这些礼物 |
[06:10] | She wants you to spend the money, to have the fun that she can’t have. | 她想让你花这些钱,去享受那些 她享受不了的快乐 |
[06:13] | This is tantamount to a slap in the face. | 这对她来说,就是一记响亮的耳光啊 |
[06:16] | – Oh, get out of here. – Jerry… | – 少扯了 – 杰瑞… |
[06:18] | …a gift not enjoyed is like a flower that doesn’t blossom. | …一个没人享用的礼物 就像一朵无法盛开的鲜花 |
[06:21] | All right. All right. I’ll cash the checks. | 好吧,好吧,我会去兑现的 |
[06:25] | Yeah. | |
[06:28] | It was a thank-you card from Kristin because I’m doing the PBS drive. | 这是克莉丝汀的感谢卡 因为我去做PBS的节目 |
[06:31] | I mean, how long am I supposed to keep it? | 我是说,我应该保存多久? |
[06:34] | The rule’s a minimum of two days. | 按理说是至少两天吧 |
[06:37] | You making that up, or you know? | 你编的还是你知道? |
[06:39] | I’m making it up. | 我瞎编的 |
[06:41] | I mean, really, what is the point of saving it? | 我是说真的,保留这些意义何在? |
[06:44] | I could see if I had a mantel. | 如果是个壁炉架我就留着了 |
[06:46] | Well, a mantel’s a whole different story. | 哎,壁炉架是一个 完全不同的东西 |
[06:49] | – Absolutely. – If my parents had a mantel… | – 当然 如果我爸妈有一个壁炉架… |
[06:51] | …I might be a completely different person. | …我也许就会 成长为一个不同的人 |
[06:54] | So anyway, she’s kind of upset about it… | 不管怎样,她现在怒了… |
[06:56] | …so I need you to do me a favor. | …我需要你帮我一个忙 |
[06:58] | – Let’s have it. – Well, I’m doing the PBS drive. | – 好吧 – 我在做PBS的节目 |
[07:01] | So during the show, they’re running the Ken Burns Baseball thing. | 在节目中间,他们想播 肯・伯恩斯的棒球节目 |
[07:06] | So I thought if I could get a baseball player… | 所以我想如果我可以 找来一个棒球运动员… |
[07:08] | …to come on the show with me… | …跟我一起上节目… |
[07:11] | – You want me to ask a Yankee. – Could you? | – 你想让我帮你找洋基队? – 行么? |
[07:15] | All right. | 行 |
[07:18] | – I’ll run it by a few people. – All right. Do your thing… | – 我跟人说说 – 好的,只管去吧 |
[07:20] | …where you lie to everyone. | …去忽悠他们 |
[07:24] | I should never have made that phone call. | 我真不该打那个电话 |
[07:27] | – Did you ever get to talk to Noreen? – Yes. She’s very upset. | – 你跟诺琳说了么? – 对,她很不爽 |
[07:30] | So was I right about the flirting? Was it true? | 我说她勾引我说对了吧? 是真的吧? |
[07:32] | I don’t know. I never asked. She was yelling… | 不知道,我还没问 她在冲我咆哮… |
[07:34] | Who was flirting with you? | 谁在勾引你? |
[07:36] | Remember when we were in the bookstore? | 记得我们在书店的时候么? |
[07:38] | That woman came up to us. | 那个向我们走过来的女人 |
[07:40] | – She wasn’t flirting with you. – Oh, sure she was. | – 她不是在勾引你 – 她当然是 |
[07:44] | Asked me where the humor section was. | 问我幽默类的书籍在哪里 |
[07:49] | Humor? Come on. | 幽默类?得了吧 |
[07:53] | Jerry… | 杰瑞… |
[07:54] | …her brother just had a book of political cartoons published. | …她弟弟刚出了一本 讽刺政治的漫画书 |
[08:03] | All right. So maybe she wasn’t flirting with me. So what? | 好吧,也许她没有在勾引我 那又怎样? |
[08:07] | Oh, yeah, that’s funny. | 很好,那很有趣 |
[08:09] | Hey, you wanna hear something weird? | 对了,想听怪事么? |
[08:12] | Mr. Pitt… | 皮特先生… |
[08:14] | …eats his Snickers bars… | …在吃士力架的时候… |
[08:17] | …with a knife and fork. | …用刀子和叉子! |
[08:22] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的? – 真的 |
[08:23] | Why does he do that? | 他为什么那么做? |
[08:25] | He probably doesn’t wanna get chocolate on his fingers. | 他也许只是不想 把巧克力弄在手上 |
[08:28] | That’s the way these society types eat their candy bars. | 社会名流都是这么吃巧克力的 |
[08:31] | Oh, you know. | 哦,你知道啊 |
[08:33] | What, you think I eat all my meals with you? | 什么啊,你以为我每天只跟你吃饭么? |
[08:37] | Excuse me. Sweetheart? | 对不起,亲爱的? |
[08:40] | I think you may have overcharged us. | 我想你多收我们钱了 |
[08:42] | – What is this? – That’s the extra toast. | – 这是什么? – 这是多点的土司? |
[08:45] | Get it? | 明白了? |
[08:49] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[08:53] | Did you just see what happened here? | 你们看到刚才的一幕了么? |
[08:56] | What? | 什么 |
[08:57] | Did you see the way she pointed at the check? | 你们看到她 怎么指菜单了么? |
[09:00] | She gave me the finger. | 她向我伸了中指! |
[09:06] | That’s how waitress types express derision. | 服务员们都是这么鄙视人的 |
[09:09] | They don’t wanna get their mouths dirty. | 他们不想说脏话 |
[09:14] | So, what do you think? | 你们是怎么想的? |
[09:16] | PBS fundraiser? | 做PBS的募捐人? |
[09:18] | I’m not gonna waste the players’ time. | 我不想浪费运动员的时间 |
[09:20] | Besides, the team already does so much promotion for Channel 11. | 还有,他们已经为第11频道 做了很多宣传了 |
[09:24] | Channel 11. | 第11频道 |
[09:27] | Forgive me for trying to class up this place. | 原谅我不得不给大家提高下档次 |
[09:31] | For trying to have the Yankees reach another strata of society… | 去让洋基队被另一个社会层次… |
[09:34] | …that might not watch Channel 11. | 也就是那些不看第11频道的人接受 |
[09:46] | What the hell are you doing? | 你干嘛呢? |
[09:49] | I am eating my dessert. | 我在吃甜点啊 |
[09:52] | How do you eat it, with your hands? | 你是怎么吃的?难道你用手么? |
[09:58] | You know, maybe George has something here about PBS. | 我想,也许关于PBS,乔治说的有点道理 |
[10:03] | Okay, 60 bucks from Nana. | 好了,奶奶给的60块钱 |
[10:08] | Yeah. | 恩 |
[10:15] | – Hello? – Hello. This is Chemical Bank. | – 你好? – 你好,这里是化工银行 |
[10:18] | Just wanted you to know that your checking account is overdrawn. | 就是通知下,您的帐户透支了 |
[10:21] | Chemical Bank? | 化工银行? |
[10:23] | I haven’t used that account in months. | 我已经好久不用那个帐户了 |
[10:26] | Well, someone’s been cashing the checks, and you’re overdrawn. | 有人兑现了支票,你的帐户透支了 |
[10:29] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[10:32] | I’ll be down there first thing in the morning. | 明早我起床就去那儿 |
[10:35] | Wait, we can do this over the phone. | 等一下,您通过电话就可以解决 |
[10:49] | You got Danny Tartabull? | 你找来了丹尼・塔特布? |
[10:50] | You wanted a Yankee, I got you a Yankee. | 你想要洋基队,我就给你洋基队 |
[10:54] | You really came through. Kristin’s gonna be thrilled. | 你真行啊,克莉丝汀要被震到了 |
[10:57] | The Bull owes me one. I helped him with his swing. | 他欠我一个人情 我帮他练过挥击 |
[11:00] | So you’re bringing Danny Tartabull to the fundraiser tonight. | 那么你今晚要带丹尼・塔特布 去募捐节目么? |
[11:03] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[11:05] | Pending approval of the script. | 就看台词能不能过审了 |
[11:07] | – Excuse me? – Jerry, I’m Yankee management. | – 什么? – 杰瑞,我是洋基队的经理 |
[11:11] | – Yeah, I’d like to see the script too. – You’re just answering phones! | – 对,我也想看看我的台词 – 你只是接接电话而已! |
[11:17] | It would put me at ease. | 那会让我不那么紧张 |
[11:18] | Hey. When you order, get the waitress to point to the menu. | 喂,点菜的时候 想法让服务员指一下菜单 |
[11:22] | I wanna see what finger she uses. | 我想看她用哪个手指 |
[11:24] | Say, I wanted a side order of fruit, but I didn’t see it on the menu. | 那个…我想另点一些水果 但是我没在菜单上看到 |
[11:28] | You’ll get it. Comes with your breakfast special. | 会送上的,就是跟特色早餐一起的 |
[11:31] | Right you are. | 恩对 |
[11:33] | You know, I didn’t get the special, but I’d also like the fresh fruit too. | 我说…我没点特色早餐 但是我也想要点水果 |
[11:36] | I’ll check. | 我去看看 |
[11:45] | I don’t believe it. She did it again! | 真不敢相信!她又这么做了! |
[11:47] | Oh, she had an itch. | 哦,她只是痒了 |
[11:49] | Had an itch. She could have used any finger. | 痒了?! 她哪根手指不能用?! |
[11:51] | That finger was meant for me. | 那根手指就是针对我的! |
[11:54] | Yeah. She knew what she was doing. | 对,她可清楚自己在干嘛了 |
[11:58] | By the way, lunch is on me. | 对了,午饭我请客 |
[12:00] | I just cashed my nana’s birthday checks. | 我刚刚兑现了我奶奶送的生日支票 |
[12:08] | Looking for something, lady? | 在找什么呢,女士? |
[12:12] | Isn’t the Chemical Bank on this block? | 化工银行不在这个街区么? |
[12:15] | The bank. It burned. | 那个银行,烧没了 |
[12:19] | It’s gone. | 没了 |
[12:21] | Oh, dear. | 天哪 |
[12:23] | You know, what you wanna do is go down to 49th Street. | 恩…你可以直走到49大街 |
[12:25] | That’s the main customer-service branch. | 那里是主客服中心 |
[12:28] | Ask for Mr. Fleming. He’ll help you. | 找弗莱明先生,他会帮你的 |
[12:45] | – Hello. – Jerry, hello. | – 你好 – 你好,杰瑞 |
[12:47] | – Uncle Leo. – Listen, I don’t wanna alarm you… | – 里奥叔叔 – 听着,我不是想吓你… |
[12:50] | …but your nana is missing! | …你奶奶失踪了! |
[12:54] | Nana’s missing? | 奶奶失踪了?! |
[12:56] | I came to pick her up for her doctor’s appointment. | 我今天去她公寓接她去看医生 |
[12:58] | She wasn’t here. I called the doctor. Nobody knows where she is. | 她不在,我打电话给医生 没人知道她去哪了 |
[13:02] | She hasn’t left the apartment in 25 years. | 她已经在这公寓宅了25年了! |
[13:08] | I’ve been thinking about her. I just cashed some of her checks. | 我刚刚还在想她 我刚兑现了她的支票 |
[13:10] | – That’s right. – What kind of checks? | – 对 – 什么支票? |
[13:12] | – I think Chemical. – They were Chemical. | – 我想是化工银行 – 就是化工银行 |
[13:14] | Chemical? She hasn’t used that account since her branch closed. | 化工银行?自从她的那个支行关门 她就没再用过那个帐户了 |
[13:18] | What are you doing cashing her checks anyway? | 你到底为什么要兑现她的支票? |
[13:20] | Kramer thought it would make her happy. | 克莱默认为那会让她开心 |
[13:22] | I never should have cashed those checks! | 我真不应该去兑现那些支票! |
[13:25] | Hey, I didn’t twist your arm. | 嘿,我又没有扭着你的胳膊逼你去 |
[13:26] | Your grandmother’s on a very fixed income. | 你祖母的收入非常有限 |
[13:29] | What are you, broke? | 你呢?破产了? |
[13:30] | All right, just call me if you hear anything. | 好吧,有什么消息给我打电话 |
[13:33] | Well, I cash the checks, the checks bounce… | 我兑现了支票,支票跳票… |
[13:37] | …and now my nana’s missing! | 现在我奶奶也失踪了! |
[13:40] | – Well, don’t look at me. – It’s your fault! | – 嘿,别看我啊 – 都是你的错! |
[13:42] | My fault? Your nana is missing… | 我的错?你奶奶失踪了… |
[13:45] | …because she’s been passing those bum checks all over town… | …是因为她到处给人乱开支票… |
[13:48] | …and she finally pissed off the wrong people. | …现在终于惹到了不该惹的人 |
[14:04] | So anyway, it’s caused a lot of problems. | 不管怎样,现在问题一大堆 |
[14:08] | Dan thinks I’m interested in Jerry. He won’t let up. | 丹以为我对杰瑞感兴趣 他就是想不开 |
[14:11] | Well, I’m really sorry. | 好吧,我很抱歉 |
[14:13] | But you can see why I’d make a mistake like that. | 但是你知道我为什么犯了这个错了吧 |
[14:15] | No. Why? | 不知道,为什么? |
[14:18] | Well, you know, because he’s a high talker. | 好吧,你知道 因为他说话声音很高 |
[14:22] | Well, he does raise his voice occasionally, but that’s normal. | 他偶尔是会扯开嗓门 可只在某些场合下,这很正常啊 |
[14:26] | No. No, no. Not a loud talker… | 不不不,不是声音大… |
[14:30] | …a high talker. | …是音调高 |
[14:32] | Really? | 真的? |
[14:35] | You don’t think his voice sounds a lot like yours? | 你不觉得你们的声音很像么? |
[14:39] | I never noticed that. | 从没觉得 |
[14:42] | Well, it’s no big deal. You know, it’s just that… | 好吧,没什么大不了的 你知道,只是… |
[14:45] | …he can sound like a woman, you know? | …他说话很像女人,你明白么? |
[14:49] | Great. I’m going out with a man who sounds like a woman. | 很好,我在跟一个说话像女人的男人约会 |
[14:54] | Well, he looks like a man. | 呃,他看起来像男人 |
[14:58] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:01] | He’s bald. I know that’s a guy thing. | 他秃顶,我知道只要男人才那样 |
[15:04] | I guess. | 我猜也是 |
[15:07] | I know he belches a lot. | 他经常打嗝 |
[15:10] | Well, that’s something. | 是这样 |
[15:13] | So Jerry thought I was flirting with him. | 那么杰瑞以为我勾引他了? |
[15:16] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:19] | He’s kind of a baritone, isn’t he? | 他倒是个男中音,不是吗? |
[15:22] | – What are you doing? – I’m eating this cookie. | – 你在干什么? – 我在吃饼干 |
[15:28] | No, no. But why are you using a knife and fork? | 不,不,你为什么用刀叉? |
[15:31] | Did you just think of that? | 你自己想出来的这个办法吗? |
[15:32] | No. I’ve seen people do it. | 不,我看到别人这样了 |
[15:35] | I like it. | 我喜欢这样 |
[15:39] | – So this isn’t gonna take long, is it? – Oh, no, no. In and out. | – 这个不会太久对吧? – 哦当然,进去一下就出来了 |
[15:44] | I made sure of that. | 我敢保证 |
[15:45] | And you’ll be happy to know I perused the script… | 你会很满意的,我看了台词… |
[15:48] | …and it’s met with my approval. – Yeah. I’m sure it’s fine. | – …很合我意 – 恩,我也觉得会很好的 |
[15:53] | Hey! Hey, watch it! | 嘿!嘿!看着点!! |
[15:55] | Did you see that guy? He just gave me the finger. | 你看到那个家伙了么? 他向我竖中指了!! |
[16:00] | – You sure? – Oh, yeah! | – 你肯定么? – 哦,当然! |
[16:02] | Middle finger, straight up, at me. At us. | 中指!竖起来!冲着我! 冲着我们! |
[16:07] | – What are you doing? – I’m following him. | – 你在干什么? – 我要跟着他 |
[16:14] | I’m sorry. The account had insufficient funds. | 对不起,帐户没有余额了 |
[16:17] | We had to return the checks made out to a Mr. Jerry Seinfeld. | 我们不得退还杰瑞・宋飞 先生的支票 |
[16:23] | Oh, dear. That’s my grandson. | 哦天哪,他是我孙子 |
[16:26] | – May I call him now and explain? – Oh, certainly, certainly. | – 我可以给他打电话解释一下吗? – 当然可以 |
[16:32] | And now I think she might really be interested in you. | 现在我觉得 她也许真的对你感兴趣了 |
[16:36] | And Dan is obsessed. | 丹已经抓狂了 |
[16:38] | He keeps leaving these annoying messages on my machine. | 他不停地给我的电话留言 |
[16:43] | Would you? | 能接一下么? |
[16:45] | – Hello? – Hello. I need to speak to Jerry. | – 你好? – 你好,我要跟杰瑞说话 |
[16:49] | Oh, it’s you. | 哦,是你 |
[16:51] | We were just talking about you. | 我们刚才还在说你 |
[16:54] | Listen, Jerry doesn’t wanna talk to you. | 听着,杰瑞不想跟你说话 |
[16:57] | Nobody wants to talk to you, so why don’t you just… | 没人想跟你说话 所以你干嘛不干脆… |
[17:01] | …drop dead. | …去!死! |
[17:08] | Hey. All right. | 好了 |
[17:11] | – Any word from Nana? – No. | – 有奶奶的消息么? – 没有 |
[17:12] | – Nana? – Yeah. My grandma’s missing. | – 奶奶? – 对,我奶奶失踪了 |
[17:15] | – Missing? – Yeah. | – 失踪? – 对 |
[17:16] | Think it might have something to do with those checks. | 应该跟那些支票有关 |
[17:21] | What does Nana sound like? | 奶奶的声音听起来是怎么样的? |
[17:25] | Like a grandmother. Why? | 就像老奶奶一样,怎么了? |
[17:27] | Well, I… | 恩…我… |
[17:30] | Oh, you hung up on my nana? | 哦,你挂了我奶奶的电话? |
[17:35] | I don’t know. Maybe. | 我不知道,也许吧 |
[17:37] | You told Nana to drop dead. | 你让我奶奶去死?! |
[17:41] | – It’s possible. – Yes, it is. | – 有可能… – 对 |
[17:43] | All right. Look, Jerry, we gotta get down to PBS PDQ. | 好了,听着,杰瑞,我们得立马去PBS |
[17:46] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:48] | No one gives us the finger. We’re Yankees. | 没人可以向我们竖中指! 我们是洋基队! |
[17:53] | – Want this last doughnut? – Oh, you can have it. | – 想吃这剩下的油炸甜圈么? – 哦,你吃了吧 |
[18:08] | – Jerry, where are the tote bags? – I don’t know. | – 杰瑞,哪里有手提袋? – 我不知道 |
[18:11] | Well, I’m not leaving without tote bags. | 哎,我不会不拿手提袋就回去的 |
[18:13] | I was promised tote bags, and tote bags I shall have. | 他们说过有手提袋拿 我就应该拿到! |
[18:18] | – Jerry, this man wants to see you. – Leo. | – 杰瑞,有人要见你 – 里奥! |
[18:21] | – Hello. – Uncle Leo. | – 你好 – 里奥叔叔! |
[18:23] | – What are you doing here? – I wanted to tell you… | – 你在这里干什么 – 我来告诉你… |
[18:26] | …your grandmother is fine. | …你奶奶没事了 |
[18:28] | She’s had quite a day, but she’s gonna watch you tonight on the TV. | 她这一天可够受的,但是她要看你晚上的节目 |
[18:31] | – Yeah. – Jerry. | – 嗯 – 杰瑞 |
[18:32] | I’m dying to meet Danny Tartabull. Where is he? | 我太想见丹尼尔・塔特布了 他在哪儿? |
[18:35] | He’ll be here any second. | 他马上就到 |
[18:37] | – You guys are both on in five minutes. – Yeah, yeah. | – 你们还有5分钟上场 – 好的 |
[18:40] | – Okay. – Bye-bye. | – 好 – 再见 |
[18:44] | Why didn’t you tell me you were a little short? | 为什么你不告诉我你缺钱花? |
[18:49] | Here. If anybody asks you where you got it, you don’t know. | 给,如果有人问你从哪里来的钱 你就说不知道 |
[18:53] | – No, that’s okay, I really don’t need… – What are you talking about? | – 不,不用,我真的不需要… – 你在说什么? |
[18:57] | – It’s not necessary. – Would you please take the…? | – 真的不需要 – 你可不可以就拿着?! |
[18:59] | – I can’t take it. – I want you to have it. | – 我不能拿! – 我想让你拿! |
[19:02] | – Jerry, take the money! – I don’t want it! | – 杰瑞,拿着钱! – 我真的不想拿! |
[19:07] | Jerry, open up. We need to talk. | 杰瑞!开门,我们得谈一谈 |
[19:10] | Who’s that? | 外面是谁? |
[19:12] | Sounds like that friend of Elaine’s that was hitting on me in the bookstore. | 听起来像是在书店勾引我的 伊莲的朋友 |
[19:16] | Jerry, I’ll take care of it. | 杰瑞,我来解决 |
[19:19] | Is Jerry in there? | 杰瑞在吗? |
[19:21] | Well, he can’t be disturbed now. | 他现在不方便 |
[19:24] | Well, this situation’s driving me crazy. | 听着,我快疯了 |
[19:27] | He’s all I think about. | 我满脑子都在想他 |
[19:28] | I can’t get him out of my mind. | 我没办法不想他 |
[19:31] | Well, I’m sorry, fella. | 听着,我很抱歉,哥们 |
[19:33] | I mean, I know what it’s like to be in love. | 我是说,我知道恋爱是什么感觉 |
[19:35] | It just ties you up in knots. | 那个纠结啊 |
[19:38] | And Jerry is a very sexy man. | 杰瑞是个很性感的男人 |
[19:42] | – What? – Look, I’m not judging you. | – 什么? – 听着,我不是在对你评头论足 |
[19:44] | In fact, we here at PBS, we have many programs… | 事实上,我们PBS电视台 有很多节目… |
[19:48] | …celebrating your lifestyle. | …赞扬你们的生活方式 |
[19:52] | Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City… | 阿莫斯・毛片(著名的同性恋作家)的《都市传奇》… |
[19:54] | …gender-bending and swinging in San Francisco. | …讲旧金山的性别取向问题 |
[19:57] | Before Stonewall, about those dark ages… | 《石墙前》 讲那段黑暗的历史… |
[19:59] | …when you couldn’t come out of the closet… | 你们都还不敢出柜… |
[20:02] | …lest you be persecuted because of your, you know… | 唯恐因为自己那个问题被迫害…就是那个… |
[20:04] | No, I don’t. | 不,我不知道 |
[20:06] | Are you Danny Tartabull? | 你是丹尼・塔特布吗? |
[20:08] | No, I’m not. | 不,我不是 |
[20:13] | I’ll take care of this, Danny. | 我来解决,丹尼 |
[20:18] | – Excuse me. – What’s the problem? | – 不好意思 – 有什么事么? |
[20:21] | I believe you cut me off and then made an obscene gesture. | 你在超我车的时候 对我做了侮辱性手势 |
[20:25] | I did? Where? | 我?什么时候? |
[20:27] | Outside of Manhattan about an hour ago. | 一小时前,曼哈顿城外! |
[20:30] | Is that Danny Tartabull? | 那是丹尼・塔特布吗? |
[20:33] | That’s right. Of the New York Yankees. | 对,纽约洋基队队员 |
[20:35] | I’d like to shake his hand, but I can’t. | 我很想跟他握手,但是不行 |
[20:43] | I’m Jerry Seinfeld. I tell jokes for a living. | 我是杰瑞・宋飞 我靠讲笑话为生 |
[20:47] | But there’s no joking about the financial crisis here at PBS. | 但是PBS的财政危机可不是开玩笑 |
[20:52] | Our lines are open, so please call the number… | 我们的热线已经开通 请拨打… |
[20:55] | … you see on your screen. | …屏幕上的电话号码 |
[20:57] | This is the only time this year we’ll be asking for donations. | 这是我们今年唯一一次 向您募捐 |
[21:01] | – PBS pledge drive. – Hello. I’d like to speak with Jerry. | – 这里是PBS募捐节目 – 你好,我找杰瑞 |
[21:05] | You again, buddy. Look, forget about Jerry. | 又是你,哥们 听着,忘记他吧 |
[21:08] | – It’s not gonna happen. – This is his grandmother. | – 没有什么可能性的 – 我是他奶奶 |
[21:11] | Oh, Nana. | 哦,奶奶 |
[21:13] | – Hello. – Tell Jerry I’m sorry. | – 你好 – 跟杰瑞说我很抱歉 |
[21:16] | I’m going to have to write him some new checks. | 我会给他写新支票的 |
[21:18] | As long as you got your checkbook out… | 你拿到新的支票簿的时候… |
[21:20] | …how about forking a little over to PBS? | …不如分一点给PBS怎么样? |
[21:22] | You watch this station, don’t you? Don’t be a freeloader. | 你看这个电视台是吧? 不能白占便宜啊 |
[21:25] | Programs like Ken Burns’ Baseball. | 像肯・伯恩斯的棒球节目 |
[21:28] | And if Danny Tartabull were here… | 如果丹尼・塔特布在这里的话… |
[21:31] | …I’m sure he’d say, “That’s correct, Jerry.” | …我想他一定会说 “说的太对了,杰瑞” |
[21:34] | Jerry. I have an announcement. | 杰瑞,我要宣布一件事情 |
[21:36] | – Your grandmother is on the line. – My nana? | – 你祖母在线 – 我奶奶? |
[21:38] | And as we speak, she’s generously writing PBS a check for $ 1500! | 她决定慷慨地 给PBS捐1500美元! |
[21:45] | She can’t do that. She’s on a very fixed income. | 她不能这么做! 她收入非常有限! |
[21:50] | Stop the show! | 不要播了! |
[21:57] | I got another card from Kristin. | 我又收到了克莉丝汀的卡片 |
[22:00] | Not quite as chipper… | 不像第一张那么… |
[22:03] | …as the first one. | …活泼 |
[22:06] | – Isn’t this little bunny giving you the…? – Yes, he is. | – 一只小兔子在对你竖…? – 对,就是的 |
[22:10] | – You should show this to Georgie. – Yeah. | – 你应该给乔治看看 – 对 |
[22:12] | – Here’s your knife and fork. – Thank you. | – 您的刀叉 – 谢谢 |
[22:15] | Look, she’s cutting up an Almond Joy. | 看,她在用刀子切杏仁糕! |
[22:18] | I just don’t get it. | 我真是不明白 |
[22:20] | I saw someone on the street eating M&M’s with a spoon. | 我今天在街上看到 有人在用勺子吃彩虹糖! |
[22:26] | What is wrong with everybody? | 人们都怎么了? |
[22:29] | Look, they’re doing it. | 看,他们在这么干 |
[22:31] | They’re all doing it. | 他们都在这么干 |
[22:35] | What is wrong with all you people? | 你们这些人都怎么了? |
[22:38] | Have you all gone mad? | 你们都疯了吗?! |