时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[00:12] | Big news. The dog problem has been solved. | 重大新闻,狗带来的麻烦已经解决了 |
[00:15] | Really? What happened? | 真的?发生什么事了? |
[00:17] | Well, there’s this rabbi in my building… | 是这样的,我们楼里住着一个犹太教士 |
[00:19] | You’ve met him. He’s a very nice man. | 你见过他,他人很好 |
[00:21] | – Is he the one with the show on cable? – Yeah, yeah, that’s the one. | – 他是不是有线电视节目里的那个? – 是的,就是他 |
[00:24] | So I spoke to him about the dog, he went down, talked to the owner… | – 所以我和他讲了关于狗的那件事 – 他便下楼和狗主人讲道理 |
[00:27] | …and she agreed to keep the dog inside from now on. | 她同意从现在开始把狗留在家里 |
[00:30] | – That’s great. – I know. | – 太好了 – 是啊 |
[00:47] | – That looks pretty good. – He’s in. | – 看起来挺好 – 他停好车了 |
[00:53] | Hey, so, you know, we haven’t discussed George’s engagement. | 嗨,我们还没有讨论过乔治订婚的事情呢 |
[00:56] | – What’s to discuss? – Come on. George is getting married. | – 有什么好讨论的? – 拜托,他要结婚了 |
[00:59] | Is he happy? | 他开心吗? |
[01:01] | I will never understand the bathrooms in this country. | 我永远都不理解美国的卫生间 |
[01:04] | Why is it that the stall doors do not come all the way down to the floor? | 为什么每个卫生间的门都离地面有一定距离? |
[01:07] | Maybe it’s so you can see if there’s someone in there. | 可能是如果里面有人的话 你能从门下面能看到 |
[01:10] | Isn’t that why we have locks on the doors? | 那我们干吗锁门呢? |
[01:12] | Well, as a backup system, in case the lock is broken… | 可能是备用系统,以防锁子坏了 |
[01:15] | …you can see if it’s taken. | 锁子坏了你当然可以看得出来 |
[01:17] | A backup system? | 一个备用系统? |
[01:20] | We’re designing bathroom doors with our legs exposed… | 我们设计卫生间的目的是 |
[01:22] | …in anticipation of the locks not working? | 以防锁子坏了让别人从门外看到你的腿? |
[01:26] | That’s not a system. That’s a complete breakdown of the system. | 这不是个系统,这是彻底致命的系统故障 |
[01:30] | Can we change the subject, please? | 我们换个话题好吗? |
[01:32] | Why, what’s wrong with it? This is a bad subject? | 为什么,怎么了?这个话题难道不好吗? |
[01:34] | No, fine. If you wanna keep talking about it, we’ll talk about it. | 不是,好吧,如果你想要继续聊这个话题 我们就聊这个 |
[01:38] | It’s not that I wanna keep talking about it. | 并不是说我想一直说这个 |
[01:40] | I just think the subject should resolve itself based on its own momentum. | 我只是认为根据各要素这一问题可以解决 |
[01:43] | Well, I didn’t think that it had any momentum. | 但是,我觉得这一问题没有要素 |
[01:48] | How am I gonna do this? | 我该怎么办? |
[01:49] | I’m engaged to this woman? She doesn’t even lik e me. | 我已经和这个女人订婚了吗? 她都不喜欢我 |
[01:53] | Change the subject? Toilets were the subject. | 换话题?难道谈论卫生间不是话题吗? |
[01:56] | We don’t even share the same interests. | 我们居然兴趣不同 |
[02:03] | – Yeah, he seems pretty happy. – Well, that’s all that counts, I guess. | – 是,他看起来挺开心的 – 哦,我觉得最重要的就是这个了 |
[02:09] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了? |
[02:10] | What? Nothing. | 什么?没事 |
[02:13] | You don’t seem too enthused about the whole thing. | 你对整件事情不怎么热心啊 |
[02:16] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 但是你觉得我能做什么? |
[02:18] | I thought you’d have some reaction to it. | 我觉得你总得有点回应吧 |
[02:23] | Well, I don’t. | 可惜,我没有 |
[02:27] | I think maybe you’re a little jealous. | 我觉得你有点嫉妒 |
[02:29] | Oh, what, you think I wanna marry George? | 哦,什么,你认为我想要嫁给乔治? |
[02:32] | No, but maybe you wish it was you who was getting married, not him. | 不是,但是你可能希望结婚的那个人 是你自己,而不是他 |
[02:35] | Oh, please. That is the last thing that I want. | 哦,别说了 我最不想做的事情就是结婚 |
[02:38] | Oh, yeah. Right. | 好吧,我不说了 |
[02:40] | Yeah, right. | 嗯,好 |
[02:42] | – Laney. – Jerry. | – 莱尼 – 杰瑞 |
[02:45] | – You don’t wanna get married? – Yeah, that’s right. | – 你不想结婚? – 是的,没错 |
[02:48] | – I don’t wanna get married. – Oh, come on. | – 我不想结婚 – 不会吧 |
[02:50] | – Oh, you come on. – It’s such… | – 哦,你才不会呢 – 这真是… |
[02:51] | – Oh, hey. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[02:52] | Hey, Elaine, listen, I was talking to a friend about this dog business. | 嗨,伊莲,听着 我和我朋友聊过关于这条狗的事 |
[02:56] | Do you realize this is going to be on our permanent records? | 你知不知道这将载入我们的永久档案记录? |
[03:00] | Are you aware of this? | 你到底知不知道啊? |
[03:02] | – Oh, dear. – It can never be erased. | – 噢,天啊 – 这记录永远都没法被删除 |
[03:04] | It’ll follow us wherever we go for the rest of our lives. | 并且不论我们到哪里它都永远跟着我们 |
[03:07] | I’ll never be able to get a job. I mean, doesn’t that concern you? | 我永远都因此找不到工作 你不为这个问题担心吗? |
[03:11] | Everything I’ve worked for, down the drain… | 我所有辛苦的工作都将功亏一篑 |
[03:14] | …because of one stupid mistake. | 只因为一个愚蠢的错误 |
[03:16] | I mean, aren’t we entitled to make one mistake in our lives? | 我是说,难道我们一生中只能犯一个错误吗? |
[03:19] | – We gotta change the system. – Yes! | – 我们要改变现状 – 一定! |
[03:21] | I could care less. | 我一点都不在乎 |
[03:23] | I hope it is on our record. I’m just sorry they didn’t lock me up. | 我希望这事记载在我们的档案里 只是很遗憾他们没有把我关进监狱 |
[03:37] | – Oh, hello, Rabbi Kursham. – Elaine. | – 哦,你好,克山姆教士(犹太教) – 伊莲 |
[03:39] | Always a pleasure to see you. | 见到你总是很高兴 |
[03:42] | Thanks again for taking care of that dog for us. | 谢谢你帮我们照顾那条狗 |
[03:44] | Elaine, oftentimes in life there are problems… | 伊莲,我们生活中时常会碰到困难 |
[03:48] | …and just as often there are solutions. | 困难总有解决的办法 |
[03:52] | Yeah, yeah, I suppose. | 是,是,应该是 |
[03:54] | Elaine, you don’t seem yourself today. You seem, if I may say, troubled. | 伊莲,你今天看起来很糟糕 你看起来,如果让我说的话,很苦恼 |
[04:00] | No, Rabbi, I’m not myself. | 是啊,教士,我今天心情不好 |
[04:02] | Come upstairs. We’ll have a talk. | 上楼来,我们谈谈 |
[04:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[04:09] | I want your honest opinion about something. | 我想要你说实话 |
[04:11] | – Have I ever been less than forthright? – No, you haven’t. | – 我有没有拐弯抹角过? – 没有 |
[04:14] | Well, maybe you have. What do I know? | 可能,你有过,我知道什么? |
[04:16] | I probably have. Of course I have. What am I talking about? | 我可能有过,当然有过 我到底在说什么? |
[04:19] | Okay, tell me what you think about this idea: | 好,告诉我你对这一观点怎么认为 |
[04:23] | Extend the doors on the toilet stalls at Yankee Stadium… | 把扬基厕体育馆厕所门下面空的部分封闭起来 |
[04:27] | …all the way to the floor. | 一直封闭到地面 |
[04:28] | Extend the doors on the toilet stalls at Yankee Stadium to the floor? | 把扬基厕体育馆厕所门下面空的部分封闭起来 一直封闭到地面? |
[04:34] | Door comes down, hides your feet. | 门下面封闭起来,别人就看不到你的脚了 |
[04:36] | – Yes, I like it. I like it a lot. – It’s good, right? | – 是,我喜欢,我非常喜欢 – 这主意不错,是吧? |
[04:40] | I think it’s fantastic. I think it’s a fantastic idea. | 我认为这非常好 我认为这主意真绝 |
[04:43] | – You do? – Yes, I do. | – 你真的这样想? – 是的,没错 |
[04:44] | Well, I told it to Susan before and she didn’t like it. | 我把这个想法告诉了苏珊,她不喜欢 |
[04:48] | Yeah. Not only that, this is what she said to me: | 不仅仅是这样,她还说: |
[04:50] | “Can we change the subject?” | “我们换个话题好吗?” |
[04:52] | – See, now, that I don’t care for. – Right. | – 看看,她都不关心我 – 没错 |
[04:54] | I mean, we’re on a subject. Why does it have to be changed? | 我们在讨论一个话题 为什么非要改变这个话题呢? |
[04:56] | It should resolve of its own volition. | 在谈话中这个问题自然而然会被解决掉 |
[04:59] | That’s exactly what I said, but I used the word “momentum.” | 这正是我所说的,但是我用了“要素”这个词 |
[05:01] | – “Momentum,” same thing. – Same thing. | – “要素” 一个意思 – 一个意思 |
[05:05] | My God, I’m getting married in December. Do you know that? | 天哪,我十二月就要结婚了,你知道吗? |
[05:08] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[05:09] | How am I gonna make December? I need a little more time. | 我怎么十二月就要结婚?我还没有准备好 |
[05:12] | Look at me, I’m a nervous wreck. | 看看我,我已经神经衰弱了 |
[05:14] | My stomach aches. My neck is killing me. I can’t turn. | 我胃疼,我脖子疼的利害,我不能扭头 |
[05:16] | Look, look. | 你看,你看 |
[05:18] | – You’re turning. – No, that’s not a good turn. | – 你不是在扭头嘛 – 没,扭得不完全 |
[05:21] | December! December! | 十二月!十二月! |
[05:24] | Don’t you think we should have a little more time to get to know each other? | 你难道不认为我们需要 更多时间来了解对方吗? |
[05:28] | If you need more time, you should have more time. | 如果你需要再等等,没有问题 |
[05:30] | – What, you think I could postpone it? – Sure you can. Why not? | – 什么,你认为我能推迟婚约? – 当然,为什么不呢? |
[05:33] | – You’re allowed to postpone? – I don’t see why not. | – 你可以推迟吗? – 为什么不可以 |
[05:37] | – So I could do that? – Sure, go ahead. | – 所以我可以推迟? – 那当然,快去 |
[05:42] | All right. All right. | 好的,好的 |
[05:45] | I’ll tell you what, how about this? I got the date. | 告诉你,这样如何,我选好日子了 |
[05:48] | March 21 st, the first day of spring. | 三月二十一日,春天的第一天 |
[05:50] | – Spring, of course. – You know, spring. | – 当然是春天了 – 春天 |
[05:53] | Rejuvenation, rebirth, everything’s blooming. | 重生,新生,一切都生机盎然 |
[05:56] | All that crap. | 都是废话 |
[05:59] | Beautiful. | 很美丽 |
[06:00] | – She’s not gonna like it. – No, she’s not. | – 她一定会不高兴的 – 不会的 |
[06:05] | You know, I think I’m a little bit scared of her. | 我觉得我有点怕她 |
[06:07] | She’s 5’3″, like 100 pounds, I’m frightened to death of her. | 她身高1.76米,体重90斤,我怕她怕得要死 |
[06:11] | Well, she’s a women. They don’t like to be disappointed. | 她是个女人,女人不喜欢别人让她们失望 |
[06:15] | Especially her. | 特别是她 |
[06:17] | She does not like disappointment. | 她不喜欢失望 |
[06:21] | Well, I have to do it. | 但是我必需这样做 |
[06:22] | I can’t make December. No way I can make December. | 我不能十二月结婚,绝对不行 |
[06:24] | You can see that, right? I mean, look at me. | 你看得出来是吧?你看看我 |
[06:27] | Can I make December? I can’t make December, right? Look! Look! | 我十二月可以结婚吗? 十二月结不了,对吧? 看看!看看! |
[06:30] | – Yeah, you’d better shoot for March. – March 21 st. | – 没错,你最好等到3月再说 – 三月二十一日 |
[06:33] | Hey. So you’re gonna back me on this, right? | 嘿,所以你要在这事情上帮我吧? |
[06:35] | – Oh, all the way. – You are a good friend. | – 绝对没问题 – 你够哥们 |
[06:38] | You know what, even if you killed somebody, I wouldn’t turn you in. | 你知道吗,即使你杀了人,我都不会举报你 |
[06:43] | Is that so? | 真的吗? |
[06:45] | Hey, Kramer, if I killed somebody, would you turn me in? | 嘿,克莱默,如果我杀了人,你会举报我吗? |
[06:49] | Definitely. | 绝对会 |
[06:52] | – You’re kidding. – No, no, I would turn you in. | – 你在开玩笑 – 没有,没有,我一定会举报你 |
[06:56] | – You would turn me in? – I wouldn’t even think about it. | – 你会举报我? – 我都不用考虑的 |
[07:00] | You’re supposed to be a friend of mine. | 你应该是我的朋友才对啊 |
[07:03] | Well, what kind of person are you, going around killing people? | 你是什么人啊,到处去杀人? |
[07:06] | Well, I’m sure I had a good reason. | 我一定有我自己的理由 |
[07:08] | Well, if you killed this person, who’s to say I wouldn’t be next? | 如果你杀了人,谁敢说我不是下一个? |
[07:11] | – But you know me. – I thought I did. | – 但是你了解我啊 – 我以为我了解你 |
[07:17] | I really appreciate your taking time to talk with me, Rabbi. | 非常感激你用你宝贵的时间和我聊天,教士 |
[07:21] | You know, I’m not of your faith. In fact, I’m not a very religious person. | 我不信教,事实上,我什么都不信 |
[07:25] | But I do feel as if I’m in need of some guidance here. | 但是我感觉确实需要你指点迷津 |
[07:30] | Would you care for a snack of some kind? | 你想吃点零食吗? |
[07:33] | I have the SnackWells, which are very popular… | 我有“好零食”这个很出名 |
[07:36] | …although I think sometimes with the so-called fat-free cookies… | 虽然有时候我觉得所谓的无脂饼干 |
[07:40] | …people may overindulge, forgetting that they may be high in calories. | 人们可能会吃很多 但他们忘记其实那些饼干含有很多热量 |
[07:45] | No. No, thank you. I’m not very hungry. | 不,不要了,谢谢,我不饿 |
[07:49] | Anyway… | 不论怎样 |
[07:52] | …this friend of mine, George, got engaged. | 我朋友乔治订婚了 |
[07:56] | – How wonderful. – Yeah, yeah. | – 太好了 – 是,没错 |
[07:58] | Well, for some reason… | 哦,有一些原因 |
[08:03] | …well, I find myself just overcome… | 我觉得我自己只是克服… |
[08:07] | …with feelings of jealousy and resentment. | …自己的嫉妒和怨恨之心 |
[08:10] | Doesn’t it give you any joy to see your friend… | 你朋友要结婚了,难道你不为这… |
[08:13] | …enter into this holiest of unions? | …神圣的结合而高兴吗? |
[08:16] | No, no. No, it doesn’t. | 不,不,不,完全没有 |
[08:19] | No joy. No joy whatsoever. It just… The whole thing makes me… | 没有,一点都不开心,整件事情使我恶心 |
[08:23] | …sick. | |
[08:26] | You know, Elaine… | 你要知道,伊莲 |
[08:28] | …very often we cannot see the forest for the trees. | 我们经常只见树不见森林 |
[08:31] | Yeah, I don’t know what that means. | 是,我不知道那是什么意思 |
[08:34] | Well, for example, say there’s a forest… | 例如,有一个森林 |
[08:37] | Yeah, see, the thing is, Rabbi, it should’ve been me. | 是,事实上,教士,结婚的人应该是我 |
[08:41] | You know? I’m smart. I’m attractive. | 你知道吗?我很聪明,我又有吸引力 |
[08:45] | You know, my temple has many single functions. | 你知道,我身边单身的小伙很多 |
[08:49] | Oh, no, that’s okay. | 哦,不用,没关系的 |
[08:51] | My nephew Alex is someone who’s also looking. Perhaps I could…? | 我侄子埃里克斯也在找女朋友呢 或许我可以…? |
[08:56] | No, I don’t think so. | 不,我不这样想 |
[08:57] | He owns a flower store. Very successful. | 他有家花店,很成功 |
[09:04] | So you’re nothing but a stoolie. Admit it. | 所以,你只是一个探子,承认这点吧 |
[09:06] | Hey, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time. | 嗨,承担不了后果,就不要去冒险 |
[09:09] | – Another caffe latte? – Yeah, you better believe it. | – 又一杯拿铁咖啡? – 是,你最好相信 |
[09:12] | – Since when are you so trendy? – Hey, baby, I set the trends. | – 你从什么开始这么时尚的? – 嗨,宝贝,我一直都引领时尚 |
[09:15] | Who do you think started this caffe latte thing? | 是谁开始喝脱脂拿铁咖啡的? |
[09:17] | I don’t recall you drinking caffe lattes. | 我不记得你喝这个咖啡 |
[09:19] | I’ve been drinking caffe lattes since the fifth grade… | 我从五年级就开始喝这个咖啡了 |
[09:22] | …and haven’t looked back. | 还从来没有想过这个问题 |
[09:23] | Look, Plan 9 from Outer Space is playing tomorrow night. | 快看,明晚有《外星第九号计划》 |
[09:26] | – One show only. – I’ve always wanted to see it. | – 只演一场 – 我一直都想去看 |
[09:28] | I was supposed to see this five years ago. | 我五年前就想看了 |
[09:30] | I was in a Chinese restaurant with George and Elaine. | 我当时和乔治还有伊莲在中国餐厅吃饭 |
[09:32] | We got screwed up and missed it. | 我们把事情搞砸了,错过了演出 |
[09:34] | – Well, let’s do it, huh? – All right. | – 那我们去看吧 – 好的 |
[09:36] | Look at this, Jerry. Dropping paper on the ground. | 看这个,杰瑞,把纸丢到地上 |
[09:39] | See, that’s littering. | 看到没有,这是制造垃圾 |
[09:41] | Maybe you ought to call the cops and turn me in. | 或许你可以给警察打电话告发我 |
[09:43] | Maybe I will. | 或许我会的 |
[09:51] | – Hi. – Hey, how was your day? | – 嗨 – 嗨,你今天过得好吗? |
[09:53] | Good. Good day. | 挺好,今天挺不错的 |
[09:55] | – How was…? How was your day? – Oh, it was okay. | – 咋样…? 你今天过得好吗? – 还行 |
[09:58] | – So, what’s going on? – Oh, nothing much. | – 最近怎么样? – 哦,没发生什么 |
[10:01] | You know, went over to Jerry’s, talked to Jerry. | 我去杰瑞那里聊天了 |
[10:04] | Oh, the Lauers wanna get together with us on Friday night. | 哦,劳尔一家想周五和我们小聚一下 |
[10:08] | The Lauers? Really? | 劳尔一家?真的吗? |
[10:09] | – Do you not wanna go? – No, no. I wanna go. | – 你不想去吗? – 不,不,我想去 |
[10:12] | So, what did Jerry have to say? | 杰瑞说什么了? |
[10:15] | Oh, nothing much. You know, we were talking. | 没说什么,我们说话的时候 |
[10:26] | I had an unbelievable idea today. | 我产生了个奇怪的想法 |
[10:28] | Oh, yeah, the toilets. You told me. | 哦,是关于卫生间的事,你告诉过我 |
[10:30] | Yeah. No, it’s not the toilets. It’s something else. | 是,不,这不是关于卫生间的,这是其它事情 |
[10:32] | – You ready for this? – Yeah. | – 你准备好了吗? – 是 |
[10:34] | – Okay, how about this? – What? | – 好的,这样怎么样? – 什么? |
[10:35] | – All right. – Okay. | – 好 – 好 |
[10:37] | We get married… | 我们三月二十一日结婚 |
[10:39] | …March 21 st, the first day of spring. | 春天的第一天 |
[10:42] | What do you mean? You wanna postpone the wedding? | 你是什么意思?你想推迟婚礼吗? |
[10:44] | No, no, this has got nothing to do with postponing. | 不,不,这不是推迟 |
[10:47] | I just think the first day of spring is the perfect day to get married. | 我只是觉得春天的第一天是结婚的最佳时机 |
[10:50] | Spring! Rejuvenation, rebirth, everything is blooming. All that… | 春天!欣欣向荣,重生,一切焕发生机 |
[10:54] | If you don’t wanna marry me, George, just say so. Just say so! | 乔治,如果你不想和我结婚 直接说,直接说好了! |
[10:59] | No, no, still marry. Still marry. | 不,不是这个意思,我们要结婚,要结婚 |
[11:01] | – No, you don’t love me. – No, no, still love. Still love. | – 不,你不爱我 – 没,没,我还爱你,依然爱你 |
[11:05] | My friends told me that you were too neurotic… | 我朋友都说你有些神经质 |
[11:08] | …and that I was making a mistake. – No, no, no. No mistake. No mistake. | – 还说我嫁给你是在犯一个巨大的错误 – 不是犯错误,不是的 |
[11:11] | Listen, we’re gonna get married over Christmas. | 听着,我们圣诞节期间结婚 |
[11:13] | Really, it doesn’t make any difference to me. It’s fine, really. | 真的,对我来说什么时候结婚都一样,真的 |
[11:16] | – You sure? – Yeah, yeah. Sure, sure. Christmas. | – 你确定吗? – 是,是,确定,我确定,就圣诞节 |
[11:19] | Snow, Santa, all that stuff. | 皑皑白雪,圣诞老人,所有的一切 |
[11:24] | Let me take a guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[11:26] | She cried and you caved. | 她哭了,然后你投降了 |
[11:30] | – How did you know that? – I live and breathe, my friend. | – 你怎么知道的? – 我也是人啊!我亲爱的朋友 |
[11:34] | I live and breathe. | 我也是人 |
[11:37] | I felt terrible. I thought she was gonna collapse and kill herself. | 我感觉糟糕透了 觉得她当时都快崩溃了,要自杀 |
[11:40] | Yes, it’s very difficult. Few men have the constitution for it. | 是啊,真的很难,男人一般都不知道该怎么办 |
[11:44] | That’s why breakups take two or three tries. | 所以分手要谈两三次才能真正分开 |
[11:46] | You gotta build up your immunity. | 你要提高你的免疫力 |
[11:47] | You see those tears, you don’t know what to do. | 你看到她流眼泪,你不知道该怎么办 |
[11:50] | It’s like she was on fire. I was just trying to put her out. | 就像是她乘兴而来,而我却让她败兴而归 |
[11:54] | Well, at least you probably had some pretty good make-up sex afterwards. | 至少为了补偿,你们好好地做了一场爱吧 |
[11:59] | I didn’t have any sex. | 我们没有做爱 |
[12:02] | You didn’t have make-up sex? How could you not have make-up sex? | 为了补偿你们没有做爱吗? 为什么不呢? |
[12:05] | That’s the best feature of the heavy relationship. | 这是重要情感关系中最好的特点 |
[12:08] | I missed out on the make-up sex. | 我痛失了那次机会 |
[12:12] | In your situation… | 在这种情况下 |
[12:14] | …the only sex you’re gonna have better than make-up sex… | 要想超过补偿性爱 |
[12:16] | …is if you’re sent to prison and you have a conjugal visit. | 只有等你进了监狱,你可以享受配偶探视 |
[12:20] | Yeah, conjugal-visit sex. That is happening. | 是啊,配偶探视性爱,这个正发生呢 |
[12:29] | Look, I can tell you’re very upset, but I’m sorry, I’m not going. | 我知道你很难过,但是对不起,我不去 |
[12:36] | Did you hear that? | 你听到没有? |
[12:38] | I can’t believe this. Look at this guy. He’s eating a sandwich. | 我真不敢相信,这个人还在吃三明治 |
[12:42] | Are you gonna eat those fries? | 你要吃这些薯条吗? |
[12:50] | This is amazing. | 这真是太好了 |
[12:55] | Thank you. Thank you very much. | 谢谢你,非常感谢 |
[12:57] | I’m going back in. | 我要进去了 |
[13:00] | Feel better. | 感觉好些了吧 |
[13:02] | Poor bastard. | 可怜的傻瓜 |
[13:12] | Good evening, Rabbi. | 晚上好,教士 |
[13:13] | Good evening. And how does this evening find you? | 晚上好,今晚过得如何? |
[13:16] | Well, Rabbi. Well. | 不错,教士,还不错 |
[13:18] | I trust you’re here to see your friend, Elaine? | 你一定是来看你朋友伊莲的? |
[13:20] | – Yeah, that’s right. – I hope she’s feeling better. | – 是的,没错 – 我希望她感觉好点 |
[13:24] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思? |
[13:25] | – She didn’t tell you? – No. | – 她没有告诉你吗? – 没有啊! |
[13:28] | Well, it seems the engagement of her friend George… | 她朋友乔治订婚的事 |
[13:31] | …has left her feeling bitter and hostile. | 让她感觉难受和心存敌意 |
[13:34] | – Is that so? – Oh, yes. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[13:37] | In fact, she told me that she wishes… | 事实上,她跟我说了她的期望 |
[13:39] | …she was the one who was getting married. | 她才是要结婚的那个人 |
[13:42] | Really? | 真的啊? |
[13:43] | – She came off as pretty desperate. – I didn’t know any of this. | – 她和我聊天的时候看上去很绝望 – 我以前不知道这个 |
[13:47] | Apparently, she doesn’t think much of this George fellow either. | 显然,她对乔治没有什么好感 |
[13:51] | I recall the word “loser” peppered throughout our conversation. | 我从我们聊天中得知,她觉得他是个庸才 |
[13:57] | Well, this all comes as news to me. | 哦,我怎么对这些一无所知啊 |
[14:03] | – Hi. – Hi, how was your day? | – 嗨 – 嗨,你几天过得如何? |
[14:05] | Good. Good day. | 挺好,不错 |
[14:07] | – How was your day? – Oh, it was okay. | – 你呢? – 哦,还行 |
[14:09] | – So, what’s going on? – Oh, nothing much, you know. | – 最近如何啊? – 还是老样子 |
[14:14] | I went over to Jerry’s. You know, talked to Jerry. | 我去杰瑞家了,去和他聊天了 |
[14:22] | Could l…? Could I talk to you for a minute? | 我能…?我能不能和你说两句? |
[14:24] | Yeah, sure. | 当然可以 |
[14:26] | All right. | 好 |
[14:29] | You see, this is the thing. | 事情是这样的 |
[14:37] | I just feel like I can’t do this in December. | 我只是觉得我没有办法十二月结婚 |
[14:41] | I just feel like I need a little more time because I feel like I’m not ready yet. | 我只是觉得我还没有准备好 我需要多一点时间 |
[14:45] | I’m frightened and I’m scared. | 我很担心而且很害怕 |
[14:48] | And I just feel we need a little more time to get to know each other. | 而且我觉得我们需要更多时间来了解对方 |
[14:55] | But I could do it in March. I promise. I promise. | 但是我可以三月结婚,我保证,我保证 |
[14:58] | No more postponements. I just need three more months, please. | 我不会再推迟婚礼了 我只要三个月的时间,求你了 |
[15:02] | Oh, George, George. | 哦,乔治,乔治 |
[15:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[15:06] | Of course it can wait till March if that’s what you want. | 如果你真的想三月再结的话,当然没有问题 |
[15:10] | – Yeah? – Oh, don’t worry. | – 真的? – 不要担心 |
[15:12] | Yes, of course, of course. | 是的,当然,当然 |
[15:21] | I have that magazine article for you. | 我有杂志里的一篇文章给你 |
[15:24] | You know, I had a little talk with the rabbi outside. | 我和教士在外面聊了一会 |
[15:26] | – Oh, you did? – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | – 哦,你和他聊天了? – 是,是,是的 |
[15:29] | Understand you had a little talk with him too. | 得知你和他说了会话 |
[15:31] | Yeah, we talked earlier. | 是,我们早点的时候说话了 |
[15:33] | Yes, I know, I know. | 是,我知道,我知道 |
[15:39] | – What does that mean? – Nothing. Nothing. | – 你什么意思? – 没什么,没什么 |
[15:48] | – He didn’t mention…? – Yes, he did. | – 他没有提…? – 是的,他提起了 |
[15:50] | – He told you about the conversation? – Oh, we had quite a little chat. | – 他跟你说了我和他聊天的内容了? – 是,我们聊了不少 |
[15:54] | – He told you about…? – Yes, how you are jealous of George. | – 他和你说了…? – 是啊,他说你很嫉妒乔治 |
[15:58] | How you wish you were getting married instead of him. | 你希望是你结婚而不是他 |
[16:01] | He told you that? How could he? | 他和你说这个了?他怎么可以这样? |
[16:02] | And it didn’t take much prodding either, I have to say. | 而且你不用问,他就都说了 |
[16:05] | – Can he do that? – He did. | – 他能这样做吗? – 他就是这样做了啊 |
[16:08] | But he’s a rabbi. How can a rabbi have such a big mouth? | 但他是个教士 一个教士怎么可以这样多嘴? |
[16:12] | That’s what’s so fascinating. | 这就是最有趣的地方 |
[16:16] | You better finish your little caffe latte there. | 你最好在这里喝完你的拿铁咖啡 |
[16:18] | – They’ll never let you in with it. – Why not? | – 他们不会让你带着咖啡进去的 – 为什么? |
[16:20] | Because they don’t allow outside drinks into the movie. | 因为他们不准将外卖饮料带到电影院 |
[16:23] | – Well, that’s stupid. – That’s the rule. | – 这真的很愚蠢 – 这是规矩 |
[16:26] | Yeah, well, we’ll just see if we can’t get around that. | 好啊,我们试试看能不能进去 |
[16:35] | Oh, Elaine, come in, come in. | 哦,伊莲,快进来,快进来 |
[16:38] | – So nice to see you again. – Yeah. | – 又见到你真好啊 – 是啊 |
[16:40] | Can I offer you some kasha varnishkes? | 你想要点荞麦粥吗? |
[16:44] | No, no. Listen, Rabbi, I’d like to ask you a question. | 不,不要,听着,教士,我想问你个问题 |
[16:47] | Why? Why did you tell my friend Jerry what I talked to you about? | 为什么?你为什么告诉我朋友杰瑞 我们谈话的内容? |
[16:51] | – Was that a problem for you? – Of course it was problem for me! | – 这个有问题吗? – 当然,这个对我来说是个严重的问题! |
[16:56] | You didn’t…? You didn’t tell anyone else about this, did you? | 你告诉别人了没有?有没有? |
[16:59] | Well, let’s see… | 哦,我想想… |
[17:02] | I seem to recall a conversation with Mrs. Winston in 1 F. | 我好像和一楼的温斯顿夫人讲了 |
[17:07] | Mrs. Winston? | 温斯顿夫人? |
[17:08] | Yes, we were waiting for our mail to arrive… | 嗯,我们当时在等着收信 |
[17:11] | …and I happened to mention to her… | 我不小心和她提起这事 |
[17:13] | …how you felt it was never going to “happen” for you. | 要是我和别人说了和你的谈话 你会是什么感觉 |
[17:18] | What about Don Ramsey? You didn’t mention anything to him, did you? | 你和唐・拉姆齐说了没有?说了没有? |
[17:22] | Don Ramsey? | 唐・拉姆齐 |
[17:23] | You know, that tall good-looking guy, he lives on the fifth floor? | 就是五楼的那个个子高高的,又很帅的家伙? |
[17:26] | Oh, him. | 哦,是他啊 |
[17:28] | Well, this morning I happened to find myself in the elevator with him. | 哦,今天早上我在电梯里遇到他 |
[17:32] | Oh, my God, you didn’t. | 哦,天啊,你没有吧 |
[17:36] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[17:38] | Pardon me. Excuse us. | 不好意思,过一下 |
[17:43] | My coffee! | 我的咖啡! |
[17:54] | Hey, hey, what’s going on? What just happened here? | 嗨,嗨,发生什么事了?这里怎么了? |
[17:56] | Nothing. Nothing. | 没有,没事 |
[17:58] | What do you got? One of those caffe lattes in your shirt? | 你怎么了?衬衫里有拿铁咖啡? |
[18:00] | I don’t have anything. What? Ask him. | 我什么都没有,你问他吧 |
[18:05] | All right. Come on, coffee boy. | 好吧,过来,咖啡小子 |
[18:07] | – What? – Come on, now. Here we go. | – 什么? – 快点,过来,现在 |
[18:13] | I mean, the whole thing is a mess. He told everyone in the building. | 他告诉这栋楼里所有的人了,真是一团糟 |
[18:17] | I ran into that cute guy on the fifth floor… | 我恰巧碰到五楼的那个帅哥 |
[18:19] | …I mean, he could barely bring himself to nod. | ..他一点都不同意 |
[18:22] | Elaine, if I could say a word here about the Jewish people. | 伊莲,如果我可以用一个词来描述犹太人 |
[18:27] | That man in no way represents our ability… | 那个男人绝对不可能保守秘密 |
[18:30] | …to take in a nice piece of juicy gossip and keep it to ourselves. | 不透露半点风声 |
[18:34] | You didn’t say anything to George, did you? | 你和乔治说了吗? |
[18:36] | No. | 没有 |
[18:37] | About how you wish it was you who was getting married instead of him. | 关于应该结婚的不是乔治而应该是你 |
[18:40] | – Feelings of resentment, hostility. – Yeah, yeah. So what? | – 感觉很难过,充满敌意 – 是,我说了,但那又怎么样? |
[18:45] | – Hey. – Georgie, congratulations! | – 嗨 – 乔治,祝贺你! |
[18:50] | Oh, my God, I haven’t seen you since it happened. | 哦,我的天啊,从那件事发生以后 我就没有见过你 |
[18:54] | I couldn’t be happier for you. | 我太为你高兴了 |
[18:57] | Oh, thanks. Thanks a lot. | 哦,谢谢,很感谢你 |
[18:58] | Oh, come on. Come on. You really, really deserve it. | 哦,加油,加油啊,这是你应得的 |
[19:03] | Deserve? I don’t know about deserve. | 应得的?我不知道 |
[19:05] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吧? |
[19:07] | I have seen the changes in you the past couple of years. | 我可以看到你过去两年来的变化 |
[19:09] | Man, you have grown. You’ve matured. | 帅哥,你已经长大了,变得很成熟 |
[19:14] | Yeah, I guess I’m getting older. | 是啊,我觉得我变老了 |
[19:16] | Well, I just think it’s wonderful. Honestly. | 说实话,我只是觉得这样很好 |
[19:19] | I’ve gotta run, but please, please give my best to Susan. | 我得走了,不过还请代问苏珊好 |
[19:24] | My most just… | 我只是从心底里祝贺你 |
[19:25] | …heartfelt congratulations. – Yeah, thanks. | – 衷心的祝贺你 – 好,谢谢你 |
[19:28] | Listen, if you ever get a date… | 听着,如果我们有机会 |
[19:30] | …maybe the four of us could go out together sometime. | 我们四个人应该一起出去 |
[19:34] | Yes. Yes, yes. Sure. | 是,是,好,行啊 |
[19:36] | Wasn’t there some guy in your building that you said you liked? | 你有没有说过喜欢楼里的某个男人? |
[19:39] | He lived up on the fifth floor or something? | 他是不是住在五楼? |
[19:41] | – Yes. Yes, yes, yes. – Yeah. | – 是,是,是的,是 – 是 |
[19:45] | – Boy, she is something, isn’t she? – Yeah, she’s something else. | – 哥们,她真了不起,是吧? – 是,她与众不同 |
[19:48] | Hey, so, what happened? Did you hold your ground or…? | 嗨,进展如何? 你有没有坚持自己的立场…? |
[19:50] | – Nope. I wept like a baby. – What? | – 没有,我泪如雨下 – 什么? |
[19:55] | Well, I started to tell her, and then all of a sudden, for some reason… | 我开始和她说,然后,我突然因为某些原因 |
[19:58] | …I just burst into tears. | 我泣不成声 |
[20:00] | – You cried? – I bawled uncontrollably. | – 你哭了? – 我嚎啕大哭了 |
[20:02] | I just poured my guts out. And I’ll tell you, Jerry, it was incredible. | 我只是把所有的感情都哭了出来 告诉你,杰瑞,真是不可思议 |
[20:06] | I never realized how powerful these tears are. | 我从来没意识到眼泪的力量有多强大 |
[20:09] | I could have postponed it another five years if I wanted to. | 如果我愿意,我可以推迟婚礼到五年后 |
[20:13] | – Hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[20:14] | Sorry about that movie thing. I was joking around. | 对不起,就看电影那事,我是在开玩笑 |
[20:16] | Sorry? Are you kidding? | 对不起?你开玩笑的吧? |
[20:18] | You did me the biggest favour of my life. | 你帮了我人生中的一个大忙 |
[20:20] | I spoke to a lawyer. We’re suing for millions. | 我和律师谈了这事,我们准备上法庭 并要求上百万的赔偿 |
[20:24] | – Suing? What for? – The coffee was too hot. | – 诉讼?为什么? – 咖啡太烫了 |
[20:28] | – It’s supposed to be hot. – Not that hot. | – 咖啡本来就应该很烫的 – 不应该那么烫 |
[20:39] | The prophet Isaiah tells us that without friends… | 先知艾赛亚告诉我们,如果没有朋友 |
[20:43] | …our lives are empty and meaningless. | 我们的生命是空虚和无意义的 |
[20:46] | Wait a minute. That’s the rabbi from Elaine’s building. | 等等,那是伊莲楼里的教士 |
[20:50] | I just met this guy the other day. | 我前几天刚见过他 |
[20:53] | A young lady I know, let’s call her Elaine… | 我认识一位女士,她的名字是伊莲 |
[21:00] | …happened to find herself overwhelmed… | 她感觉自己很难过并且充满敌意 |
[21:03] | …with feelings of resentment and hostility for her friend… | 因为她朋友,我们叫他乔治 |
[21:07] | …let’s call him George. | |
[21:11] | She felt that George was somewhat of a loser… | 她觉得乔治是一个庸才 |
[21:14] | …and that she was the one who deserved to be married first. | 她才是应该第一个结婚的人 |
[21:19] | She also happened to mention to me that her friend had wondered… | 她还跟我说,她朋友觉得… |
[21:24] | …if going to a prostitute while you’re engaged is considered cheating. | …订婚后找妓女是欺骗 |
[21:32] | His feeling was… | 他的感觉是… |
[21:34] | …they’re never going to see each other again… | …他们永远都不会再见面了 |
[21:36] | …so, what’s the difference? | 所以,有什么区别呢? |
[21:39] | But that is a subject for another sermon. | 但是这是个好的布道话题 |
[21:43] | And now I’d lik e to close with a psalm. | 现在我想用圣诗来结束 |