时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Every morning, when you wake up, it’s like you’re born all over again. | 每个早上,当你刚醒来时 |
[00:06] | You can’t see, you can’t talk. | 你就像个初生婴儿,不会看,也不会说 |
[00:09] | You’re on your way to the bathroom trying to remember, “How do I walk?” | 蹒跚地挪向洗漱间,还在费劲的回想: “该怎么走路?” |
[00:12] | Like you’ve never been alive before. | 就好像你是初次降临到这个世界 |
[00:14] | But if any invention marks the decline of human civilization… | 如果问,哪个发明是人类文明退化的标志 |
[00:16] | …it would have to be the snooze alarm. | 那肯定是那种带“小睡按钮”的闹钟 |
[00:18] | The snooze alarm is based on the idea… | 这种闹钟设计的目的就是… |
[00:20] | …that when the alarm goes off, you are not getting up. | 为了让铃声别打扰你的清梦 |
[00:23] | You’re not even awake, you’re already a failure. | 铃声停止时,你甚至都还没醒 你就这样被变成了个失败者 |
[00:26] | They should sell the snooze alarm with an unemployment application… | 他们应该把这种闹钟 和失业救济申请表一起卖 |
[00:29] | …and a bottle of tequila. | 再加瓶龙舌兰酒 |
[00:30] | Just make it a complete pathetic-loser kit. | 整个就是一“失败者和可怜虫”套装 |
[00:45] | – Hello. – This is your wak e-up service. | – 你好, – 这是您的叫醒服务 |
[00:48] | It’s 7.15. | 现在是七点一刻 |
[00:50] | Oh, God. | 哦,老天 |
[00:53] | Oh, I could use a few more hours sleep. | 真想再睡会儿 |
[00:56] | – Hot date last night? – I wish. | – 昨晚有个火辣的约会? – 我倒希望是 |
[01:00] | A woman with a sexy v oice lik e yours… | 真难想象您这样嗓音性感的可人儿 |
[01:01] | …it’s hard to believe you’re waking up alone. | 会孤枕而眠 |
[01:05] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[01:07] | Thank you… | 谢谢你 |
[01:08] | …Tri-State Wake-Up Service person. | 三时段叫醒服务的服务生 |
[01:12] | – Call me James. – Oh, all right, James. | – 叫我詹姆士 – 哦,好啊,詹姆士 |
[01:20] | The wake-up guy asked you out? | 那个叫醒服务的家伙约你出去? |
[01:22] | Yeah, I’ve never seen him… | 是的,我还没有见过他 |
[01:23] | …but I feel like we have this weirdly intimate relationship. | 但我觉得我们有种莫名的亲密关系 |
[01:26] | You know, I mean, I’m lying in bed. | 我意思是,当时我正躺在床上 |
[01:29] | I’m wearing my nightie. | 穿着睡衣 |
[01:31] | I don’t know. A blind date? | 我不明白,一次“瞎子”约会? |
[01:32] | You wanna go out with my cousin Holly. You’ve never met her. | 你不是想和我的表亲霍莉约会吗 但你之前也没见过她啊 |
[01:35] | Yeah, but I’ve seen pictures of her. | 没错,不过我见过她的照片 |
[01:37] | At least I’ve spoken to my guy. | 那至少我和他电话聊过 |
[01:39] | You’re going out on a deaf date. | 而你的是“聋子”约会 |
[01:41] | I think I’d rather go on a deaf date than a blind date. | 我想我更喜欢这种“聋子”约会 而不是你的“瞎子”约会 |
[01:44] | The question is, would you rather date the blind or the deaf? | 问题是,你喜欢和哪个约会 聋子还是瞎子? |
[01:47] | – Now, you’re off on a topic. – That’s interesting. | – 你们扯远了 – 哦,这个问题很有趣 |
[01:49] | See, now, I think I would rather date the deaf. | 我想我更宁愿和聋子约会 |
[01:52] | Because I think the blind… | 因为我觉得瞎子 |
[01:53] | …would probably be a little messy around the house. | 可能会把房子搞得一团糟 |
[01:56] | I mean, let’s face it, they’re not gonna get all the crumbs. | 我是说,她们甚至不能 把盘子里的面包屑吃完 |
[01:59] | You’re constantly walking around with a sponge. | 你得一直小心伺候着她 |
[02:02] | See, I disagree. I would rather date the blind. | 我不赞同你的观点,我更愿和瞎子约会 |
[02:05] | You know, you could let the house go, you let yourself go. | 你知道的,房子,还有你自己 都算不上什么了 |
[02:09] | A good-looking blind woman… | 漂亮的姑娘看不见 |
[02:10] | …doesn’t know you’re not good enough for her. | 就不会知道你配不上她 |
[02:12] | I think she’d figure it out soon enough. | 我想她不久后就会发现的 |
[02:17] | What? | 什么? |
[02:19] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[02:20] | Veggie sandwich and a grapefruit. | 素三明治和柚子 |
[02:23] | Veggie sandwich and a grapefruit? What are you turning into? | 素三明治和柚子?你变成什么人了? |
[02:26] | A healthy person. | 健康的人 |
[02:30] | – You squirted me. – Oh, sorry. | – 你溅到我眼睛了 – 啊,对不起 |
[02:32] | Boy, that stings. | 老弟,好痛 |
[02:37] | George, have you seen Morgan? | 乔治,你看见摩根了吗? |
[02:40] | – No. – He’s been coming in later and later. | – 没有 – 他来得越来越迟了 |
[02:42] | – Is there something wrong? – No, not that I know of. | – 他有什么事情吗? – 我也不太清楚 |
[02:47] | Really? | 真的? |
[02:49] | Well, make sure he signs this. | 那你记得让他签一下这个 |
[02:50] | George, if there’s a problem with Morgan, you can tell me. | 乔治,如果摩根有什么问题 尽管告诉我 |
[02:53] | Morgan? No, he’s doing a great job. | 摩根? 没有,他做得很好 |
[02:56] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[03:00] | I still can’t believe you’re going out on a blind date. | 我还是不相信 你去和一个没见过的人约会 |
[03:03] | I’m not worried. He sounds like he’s good-looking. | 我可不担心,听声音他应该挺帅 |
[03:06] | You’re going by sound? What are we, whales? | 听声音?我们是什么,鲸鱼吗? |
[03:10] | I think I can tell. | 我觉得我能判断 |
[03:11] | What percentage of people are good-looking? | 你觉得长得帅的人比例是多少呢? |
[03:13] | – Twenty-five percent. – Twenty-five percent? | – 百分之二十五 – 百分之二十五? |
[03:16] | No way. It’s like 4 to 6 percent. | 不可能,大概是百分之四到百分之六 |
[03:19] | It’s a 20-1 shot. | 是20比1的概率 |
[03:20] | – You’re way off. – Way off? | – 你胡说 – 胡说? |
[03:22] | You been to the Motor Vehicle Bureau? It’s a leper colony down there. | 你去过机动车管理局吗? 那儿就是一麻风病聚集地 |
[03:26] | So basically, what you’re saying… | 所以基本上你是说 |
[03:28] | …is 95 percent of the population is undateable? | 95%的人是不可以约会的? |
[03:31] | Undateable. | 不可以约会 |
[03:32] | Then how are all these people getting together? | 那这些人怎么走到一起的? |
[03:35] | Alcohol. | 喝醉了 |
[03:37] | What is your problem? | 你有什么问题? |
[03:39] | No problem here. | 没问题 |
[03:41] | You keep winking at me. That’s really obnoxious. | 你一直对我挤眉弄眼,这很失礼 |
[03:44] | – I had no idea. – Right there. You just did it again. | – 我没有啊 – 就是这样,你刚才又做了 |
[03:48] | Wait a minute. Wait a minute. | 等等,等等, |
[03:49] | It’s from that grapefruit Jerry squirted at me. | 都是杰瑞溅的那些柚子 |
[03:51] | Oh, your eye still hurts? | 哦,你眼睛还痛吗? |
[03:53] | Yeah, yeah, you must have squirted a piece of pulp in it too. | 是的,是的,你一定把柚子瓣 也溅到我眼睛里了 |
[03:56] | Pulp couldn’t make it across the table. | 柚子瓣不可能飞到桌子那边 |
[03:58] | Pulp can move, baby. | 它会的,小子 |
[04:01] | Why can’t you eat a real breakfast? | 为什么你不能好好吃你的早餐? |
[04:03] | I eat healthy. If I have to take out an eye, that’s the breaks. | 我吃得很好,如果必须小心翼翼的吃 那就会败兴 |
[04:06] | Wait a minute. I must have been winking down at the office. | 等等,我在办公室时也一定眨眼了 |
[04:09] | That’s why Mr. Wilhelm was acting so misterioso. | 难怪威廉先生说些奇奇怪怪的话 |
[04:12] | What did he think, you were flirting with him? | 他怎么想,以为你在勾引他吗? |
[04:16] | No, he thought I was hiding something about Morgan. | 不,他认为我替摩根隐瞒了什么 |
[04:20] | – Hey, guys. – Hi, Jughead. | – 嗨,伙计们 – 嗨,笨蛋 |
[04:22] | Hello, Archie, Veronica, Mr. Weatherbee. | – 好啊,阿奇,维罗妮卡,韦瑟比先生 |
[04:28] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[04:30] | – Is this Don Mattingly’s signature? – Yeah. | – 这是唐・马丁利的签名吗? (纽约洋基棒球队明星球员) – 是的 |
[04:32] | And Buck Showalter’s? | – 还有巴克・休华特的? (纽约洋基队的经理) |
[04:33] | It’s an interoffice envelope. It gets passed around all over the office. | – 这是公司内部的信封 在各个办公室之间传阅 |
[04:37] | Hey, can I show this to my buddy Stubs? | 我能把这拿给我的朋友斯塔布斯看看吗? |
[04:39] | He runs a sports-memorabilia store. | 他经营着一家体育纪念品商店 |
[04:40] | He’ll pay top-dollar for pro autographs. | 他会为这些签名开个好价的 |
[04:43] | Yeah, like I’m gonna risk my job with the New York Yankees… | 你这么说,好像我要拿我的工作冒险 用这个纽约洋基 |
[04:46] | …to make a few extra bucks. | 去挣外快似的 |
[04:47] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[04:52] | No, you see, Don Mattingly signed this envelope. | 你看,唐・马丁利曾在这个信封上签名 |
[04:54] | Then he sent it to room 318… | 然后把它送去318室 |
[04:56] | …where it was received and signed for by manager Buck Showalter. | 在那儿,球队经理巴克・休华特签收了 |
[05:00] | I don’t know. An envelope? | 我说不准,一个信封 |
[05:02] | – It doesn’t really cut it. – Why? | – 这个不一定值钱 – 为什么? |
[05:04] | And what is this? | 这是什么? |
[05:06] | A birthday card. | 一张生日贺卡 |
[05:08] | Signed by the entire Yankee organization? | 有全体洋基队的签名? |
[05:13] | This could be worth something. | 这倒能值点钱 |
[05:15] | – Is that the lovely Mrs. Morgan? – Hello. | – 这位是可爱的摩根夫人吗? – 您好 |
[05:17] | You got that birthday card? | 顺便问下,你拿到那张生日卡了吗? |
[05:20] | – Birthday card? – Mr. Steinbrenner’s birthday card. | – 生日卡? – 史坦布瑞纳先生的生日卡 |
[05:23] | Wilhelm said you’d have it for me to sign. | 威廉叫你给我签名的 |
[05:25] | Oh, yeah. I’ll have that for you right after lunch. | 哦,是阿,我午饭后拿给你 |
[05:29] | – Fine. I’ll be back after my massage. – Of course, your massage. | – 那好,我做完按摩回来拿 – 当然,做完按摩 |
[05:32] | Enjoy your massage. | 好好享受你的按摩 |
[05:47] | – Hello? – Elaine? | – 你好吗? – 伊莲? |
[05:49] | – James. – Yes. | – 詹姆士 – 是我 |
[05:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[05:59] | I can’t believe Elaine’s never taken you here. | 不敢相信伊莲从没带你来过这儿 |
[06:01] | I’m really not much of a meat eater. | 其实我不怎么吃肉 |
[06:03] | You don’t eat meat? | 你不吃肉? |
[06:05] | – What are you, one of those…? – No, I’m not one of those. | – 你是那种…? – 不,我不是那种人 |
[06:09] | When we were little girls… | 当我们还是小女孩时 |
[06:10] | …Grandma Mema would take us to a matinee and dinner here. | 美玛祖母常带我们去露天音乐会 然后在这进餐 |
[06:13] | – Grandma Mema? – Elaine must have mentioned Mema. | – 美玛祖母吗? – 伊莲没给你提过美玛? |
[06:16] | No, I think I would have remembered Mema. | 不,我想她提过 |
[06:18] | Oh, well, that’s typical. Elaine never liked Grandma Mema. | 恩,好吧,那不奇怪 伊莲一点不喜欢美玛祖母 |
[06:21] | Ready? | 点好了吗? |
[06:23] | I’ll have the porterhouse, medium rare, baked potato with sour cream. | 我要上等牛排,半成熟,奶油拌土豆 |
[06:26] | What do you recommended besides a steak? | 你有什么推荐,除牛排? |
[06:28] | The lamb chops are good. | 烤小羊排挺不错 |
[06:30] | Anything lighter? How do you prepare the chicken? | 有没有清淡点的?你们的鸡肉是怎么做的? |
[06:33] | It’s a full bird, stuffed with ham, topped with Gorgonzola. | 把整只鸡,填满火腿,涂上意大利干酪 |
[06:38] | You know, I’ll just have a salad. | 那么,我只要沙拉好了 |
[06:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:44] | Just a salad. | 只要沙拉 |
[06:46] | Just a salad. | 只要沙拉 |
[06:48] | Just a salad. | 只要沙拉 |
[06:49] | Here you are. Hey, boys. | 你们在这儿, 嗨,小伙子们 |
[06:51] | Hey, you. Hey, you. Hi. | 嗨,看这,嗨,看这儿 |
[06:53] | These are your dogs? | 你的狗吗? |
[06:55] | Yeah, when you live alone, your dogs are all you have. | 是啊,当你一个人住时 狗就是唯一的朋友。 |
[06:57] | Do you like dogs? | 你喜欢狗吗? |
[06:59] | Shut up, you stupid little mutt! | 闭嘴,愚蠢的小杂种! |
[07:05] | – Dogs? Oh, I love dogs. – Boys, this is Elaine. | – 狗? 噢,我喜欢狗 – 小伙子们,这位是伊莲 |
[07:14] | I’m sorry. They’re usually very friendly. | 不好意思,他们平常都很友好的 |
[07:16] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[07:19] | Hey, Mr. Morgan, how was your massage? | 嗨,摩根先生,按摩做得怎么样? |
[07:22] | I had to cancel it. For some reason my wife got it into her head… | 别提了,我取消了 不知为什么我妻子认为 |
[07:25] | …that it was more than just a massage. | 那不是单纯的按摩 |
[07:27] | – Really? – We got into this big fight at lunch. | – 真的? – 我们午餐时吵了一架 |
[07:29] | – I’ll be sleeping on the couch. – Listen, don’t oversleep. | – 我要在沙发上睡一会儿 – 听着,别睡过头了 |
[07:32] | – You can’t afford to be late again. – I know. | – 你不能再迟到了 – 我知道 |
[07:34] | Somebody’s been giving Wilhelm the impression I’ve been slacking off. | 有人向威廉暗示我工作偷懒 |
[07:38] | Hey, you know, you should try my friend’s wake-up service. | 咳,知道吗,你可以试试 我朋友的叫醒服务 |
[07:41] | She’s swears by this thing. | 她说这很管用 |
[07:43] | You may be my only friend around here. | 你可能是我在这儿唯一的朋友了 |
[07:45] | – By the way, you got that card? – Not yet. | – 顺便问句,你找到那张卡了吗? – 还没有 |
[07:48] | Make sure Steinbrenner doesn’t get it till I sign it. | 确保在我签名前,别拿给史坦布瑞纳 |
[07:50] | Yes, sir. | 没问题 |
[07:52] | I mean, I just don’t understand it. | 我真不明白 |
[07:53] | As soon as I met these dogs, they started growling at me. | 只要我一接近那些狗,他们就朝我狂吠 |
[07:56] | Well, maybe his dogs heard about how you tried to kidnap that other dog. | 是吗?可能他的狗听说 你曾试图拐卖其他的狗 |
[08:01] | These mutts like to gossip. | 这些蠢货就喜欢八卦 |
[08:03] | So have you talked to Holly? | 那么,你和霍莉聊过了? |
[08:05] | Did she mention our lunch? | 她有提过我们的午餐吗? |
[08:08] | – Kind of. – Well, what do you mean, “Kind of”? | – 算是吧 – 好了,“算是吧” 算什么意思? |
[08:11] | I mean, she thought it was kind of strange to just order a salad. | 意思是,她觉得对于一个大男人来说 |
[08:15] | You know, for a man. | 只点一份沙拉有点奇怪 |
[08:20] | Like a quiche thing? | 有点娘娘腔? |
[08:22] | You’re in the ballpark. | 差不多吧 |
[08:24] | Salad? What was I thinking? | 沙拉?我当时在想什么? |
[08:26] | Women don’t respect salad eaters. | 女人看不起吃沙拉的男人 |
[08:28] | You got that right. | 没错 |
[08:30] | You’re going over there for dinner tonight, right? | 你今晚要去他那儿吃饭,对吗? |
[08:32] | – What is she making? – I don’t know. I’m sure it had parents. | – 她今晚做什么? – 不知道,不过肯定有荤的 |
[08:39] | Call her up. She won’t mind if you come. | 给她打电话阿,她不会介意你也一起来的 |
[08:41] | Oh, don’t worry, I’ll be there. And I’ll be packing an artery. | 别担心,我会去的,而且会大快朵颐 |
[08:48] | Well, Mr. Weatherbee. | 是你阿,韦瑟比先生 |
[08:50] | Do you have that Yankee envelope? | 那个洋基的信封还在你那儿吗? |
[08:52] | I sure do. | 当然在 |
[08:54] | – There you are. – Hey. | – 给你 – 太好了 |
[08:56] | Think you’re gonna be very pleased when you see what’s inside. | 我想你看到里面的东西时会很高兴的 |
[09:01] | – What is this? – Your cut of the loot. | – 这是什么? – 你应得的分成 |
[09:03] | Stubs gave me $200… | 斯塔布斯为里面那张签名的生日贺卡 |
[09:04] | …for the autographed birthday card that was inside. | 出价200块 |
[09:07] | Who told you to sell the card? | 谁让你卖卡了? |
[09:10] | – You did. – No, I didn’t. | – 你啊 – 我没有 |
[09:13] | Well, not in so many words… | 虽然你没明说 |
[09:14] | …but I believe we had an understanding. | 但我相信我们有过共识了 |
[09:18] | I was not winking, you idiot. | 我不是对你眨眼,你个白痴 |
[09:19] | That was the grapefruit. It’s like acid. | 那是因为我的眼睛进了点东西 |
[09:22] | I need that card back. It’s Steinbrenner’s. I was responsible. | 我要拿回那张卡片 那是史坦布瑞纳的,我得负责 |
[09:25] | Well, Stubs sold it to some guy whose kid is in the hospital. | 好吧,斯塔布斯把它卖给了某个家伙 他孩子住院了 |
[09:28] | Well, get it back. It’s very important. | 那么好,把它拿回来,它很重要 |
[09:32] | Look, you want me to get it back or not? | 老兄,你到底要不要拿回来? |
[09:34] | Get it back! | 拿回来! |
[09:38] | This is such a lovely table setting, Holly. | 这些餐具好别致,霍莉 |
[09:41] | – Where did you get these napkins? – They were Grandma Mema’s. | – 你从哪弄的这些餐巾? – 美玛祖母留下来的 |
[09:44] | – I don’t remember them. – You wouldn’t. | – 我没见她用过 – 你是没有 |
[09:46] | She only used them on special occasions. | 她只在特殊日子用 |
[09:50] | Special occasions? It wasn’t special when my family visited? | 特殊的日子?我们全家到访还不够特殊? |
[09:52] | Everybody like mutton? | 有人想要羊排吗? |
[09:56] | Mutton. | 羊排 |
[09:58] | Hope you didn’t cut the fat off. | 我喜欢吃肥的 |
[10:04] | – Are you Bobby? – Yes. | – 你是博比吧? – 是的 |
[10:06] | Well, I heard that you have a very special birthday card… | 你好,我听说你有一张很特别的生日贺卡 |
[10:10] | …with all the Yankee autographs on it. | 上面有全体洋基队的签名 |
[10:12] | – Sure do, mister. – Oh, boy. Yeah, yeah, that’s it. Yeah. | – 是的,先生 – 是的,孩子,是这个,就是这个 |
[10:15] | Boy, Stubs sure went to town with this thing, huh? | 孩子,斯塔布斯肯定把这个 带到镇上了,哈? |
[10:18] | Yeah, well, Bobby, what if I told you… | 好了,博比,如果我告诉你 |
[10:20] | …that a very important person at the New York Yankees… | 纽约洋基队一个重要人物 |
[10:23] | …needed this card back? | 想要回这个贺卡,你会怎么做? |
[10:24] | Oh, no. I’d never part with this card for anything in the world. | 不行,我说什么也不会让这张卡离开我 |
[10:28] | Well, Bobby… | 好了,博比 |
[10:31] | – Who’s your favourite Yankee? – Paul O’Neill. | – 洋基队里你最喜欢哪一位? – 保罗・奥尼尔 |
[10:34] | What if I get Paul O’Neill to hit a home run just for you? | 如果我让保罗・奥尼尔 为你打一个本垒打呢? |
[10:37] | – Really? Paul O’Neill would do that? – For you, he would. | – 真的?保罗・奥尼尔会这么做吗? – 为了你,他会的 |
[10:40] | Could he hit two home runs? | 能打两个本垒打吗? |
[10:42] | Two? | 两次? |
[10:44] | Sure, kid. But then you gotta promise you’ll do something for me. | 当然可以,孩子 但之后你要遵守约定,也为我做点事 |
[10:47] | I know. Get out of this bed one day and walk again. | 我知道,有一天离开这病床,下床走路 |
[10:50] | Yeah, that would be nice, but I just need the card. | 恩,那是不错,但我只想要那张贺卡 |
[10:57] | What about this candelabra? | 这个烛台又是哪来的? |
[10:59] | That was Grandma Mema’s also. | 那也是美玛祖母的 |
[11:00] | She bought it on her trip to Europe in 1926. | 她1926年去欧洲旅行时买的 |
[11:03] | Jerry, I’m thrilled you like my mutton. I was afraid you only ate salad. | 杰瑞,真高兴你喜欢我的羊排 我还怕你只吃沙拉 |
[11:07] | Hey, salad’s got nothing on this mutton. | 嗨,沙拉和这简直不能比 |
[11:12] | That is so funny. Did you just make that up? | 真有趣,你上次不是装的吧? |
[11:14] | I wish I could take credit for it. | 我希望我会为此受到赞誉 |
[11:16] | It’s actually a line my butcher uses when we’re chewing the fat. | 那其实是我和肉店老板聊天时的一个玩笑 |
[11:21] | How about that beautiful desk over there? | 那个漂亮的桌子也是你祖母的吗? |
[11:26] | Yeah, that was in Mema’s study. | 是啊,本来在美玛祖母的书房里 |
[11:28] | I love that desk. | 我喜欢那个桌子 |
[11:30] | What did you do, ransack the place after she died? | 你做了什么,在她死后洗劫了她的屋子吗? |
[11:33] | This is some fine mutton. | 真是美味的羊排啊 |
[11:35] | You know what? I’m getting out of here. | 知道吗?我要走了 |
[11:38] | Can I borrow your jacket? | 杰瑞,借我你的夹克? |
[11:39] | – Well, the thing is… – It’s cold out, okay? | – 啊,问题是… – 外面很冷,不是吗? |
[11:42] | I didn’t bring my own, okay? Jerry. | 我没带外套,杰瑞? |
[11:44] | Jerry! | 杰瑞! |
[11:45] | God forbid I should borrow one from Holly. | 不会要向霍莉借吧 |
[11:48] | It might have belonged to Grandma Mema. | 可能也是美玛祖母的 |
[11:50] | Thanks for mutton. | 谢谢你的羊排 |
[11:58] | Nice doggy. | 乖狗狗 |
[12:00] | I’m a nice person. | 我是好人 |
[12:02] | Don’t believe what you hear. | 不要听信谣言 |
[12:03] | I love dogs. I really do. | 我喜欢狗,真的 |
[12:08] | – Where are the napkins? – What? | – 餐巾哪去了? – 什么? |
[12:10] | Grandma Mema’s napkins. Two are missing. | 美玛祖母的餐巾,有两条不见了 |
[12:14] | Elaine took them, didn’t she? | 伊莲拿走了,是不是? |
[12:16] | I don’t know about that. | 我不清楚 |
[12:18] | – Have you got any floss? – You heard her. She coveted them. | – 你有牙线吗? – 刚才你也听见了,她垂涎已久 |
[12:21] | I bet she took them just to spite me. | 我打赌她就是想让我难堪 |
[12:23] | She’s probably having a laugh about it right now. | 她现在肯定正在取笑我 |
[12:27] | Down, doggy! | 走开,小狗! |
[12:40] | What are you doing in this neighbourhood? | 伊莲,你在这附近做什么? |
[12:42] | – Did you hide the dogs? – Yeah, they’re in the kitchen. | – 你的狗呢? – 栓在厨房了 |
[12:45] | It’s okay. Okay. Quiet! | 好了,没事的,安静! |
[12:50] | – What’s going on? – Oh, God. | – 怎么了? – 哦,天阿 |
[12:51] | These dogs were chasing me. | 这些狗一直追着我 |
[12:53] | And no cabs were stopping. | 就是不停 |
[12:54] | I had to get off the street. I remembered you lived here. | 我只得在这条街停下来 我记得你住在这儿 |
[12:57] | Why were dogs chasing you? | 那些狗为什么追你? |
[12:58] | They just don’t like me. It’s a long story. | 它们就是不喜欢我,说来话长 |
[13:01] | I can tell you about it someday, but not right now. | 以后再说,现在不说了 |
[13:03] | I would ask you to stay, but I only have the sofa bed, and it’s where I sleep. | 我很乐意让你留宿,但我只有一张沙发床 就是我自己睡的那张 |
[13:09] | Well, we’ll have to sleep head-to-toe. | 好吧,那我们可以睡不同的方向 |
[13:11] | – Head-to-toe? – Head-to-toe. | – 头对脚? – 头对脚 |
[13:35] | Hey, wake up. | 嗨,醒醒 |
[13:40] | It’s 8:30. You were supposed to wake me up at 7: 15. | 八点半了,你应该七点一刻叫醒我 |
[13:43] | I’m sorry. I didn’t get any sleep. You kept kicking me in the face. | 对不起,我整晚没睡 你一直用脚替蹭我的脸 |
[13:47] | You’re a wake-up guy. Don’t you have calls to make? | 你是电话叫醒员,今天没有预约吗? |
[13:49] | I’ll make them later. | 我待会儿再叫 |
[13:58] | – Have you seen Morgan? – He’s not here? | – 看见摩根了吗? – 他没来吗? |
[14:00] | No, he’s late again. | 还没来,他又迟到了 |
[14:01] | That’s impossible. I got him a wake-up service. | 不会吧,我给他找了个叫醒服务 |
[14:03] | You don’t have to cover for him. | 不用给他掩饰了 |
[14:05] | He’s gonna be gone soon… | 他很快就会走人的 |
[14:06] | …and I’m gonna recommended you for his job. | 我会推荐你坐他的位子 |
[14:09] | Gone? | 走人? |
[14:11] | Sounds like all that winking got you a promotion. | 这么说,是眨眼的原因让你得到升迁 |
[14:13] | I don’t want Morgan’s job. He’s got a lot of work to do. | 我可不想要摩根的位子 那有太多工作要做了 |
[14:16] | Hey, Elaine, your friend never woke up Mr. Morgan. | 嗨,伊莲,你的朋友没有叫醒摩根先生 |
[14:18] | Yeah, well, he was tired. He had feet in his face. | 是啊 ,他那天很累 有人整晚把脚放他脸上 |
[14:22] | My cousin Holly is completely insane. | 我的表亲霍莉简直不可理喻 |
[14:24] | She keeps calling and accusing me of stealing her napkins. | 她一直说我偷了她的餐巾 |
[14:28] | – Napkins? – I mean, why? | – 餐巾? – 我是说,为什么? |
[14:30] | Why would I take her stupid napkins? | 为什么我要拿她那愚蠢的餐巾? |
[14:32] | Because they were in the pockets of my jacket. | 因为餐巾在我夹克的口袋里 |
[14:35] | – They were? – Yes. | – 在你口袋里? – 是的 |
[14:36] | I was using them to spit out the mutton. | 我用它们来吐那些羊排 |
[14:39] | You spit it out? | 你吐出来了? |
[14:41] | I had dogs chasing me for that. | 因为这个,我被一群狗猛追 |
[14:45] | I was almost mauled because of that mutton. | 还差点被咬伤,就是为这可恶的羊排 |
[14:48] | – What exactly is mutton? – I don’t know. | – “羊排”究竟是怎么回事? – 我也不知道 |
[14:50] | And I didn’t wanna find out. | 也不想知道 |
[14:52] | So where’s my jacket? | 那我的夹克在哪? |
[14:55] | I must have left it at James’. | 我想是忘在詹姆士那了 |
[14:57] | Spent the night at James’, did we? | 你昨晚在詹姆士家留宿了? |
[14:59] | Yeah, but we reversed positions, so there was no funny business. | 是啊,但我们不睡在一头 所以什么也没发生 |
[15:02] | – Reversed positions? – Yeah, you know, head-to-toe. | – 不睡在一头? – 是啊,头对脚 |
[15:07] | So what? Your genitals are still lined up. | 那有什么?你们XXOO还是可以对齐的 |
[15:13] | No, because I slept with my back to him. | 不,因为我背对着他睡,行了吧 |
[15:22] | – Mr. O’Neill? – Yeah. | – 奥尼尔先生吗? – 是我 |
[15:23] | Yeah, look, you don’t know me. | 恩,你看,你不认识我 |
[15:25] | All right. I can give you an autograph here… | 好吧,我可以给你签一个名 |
[15:27] | …but my pen’s kind of screwed up and you’ll probably only get, like, half a P. | 不过我的钢笔不大好使 所以可能只能给你写一半,像半个P |
[15:31] | No, it’s not that. It’s about a boy in the hospital. | 不,不是那个事 是关于医院里的一个小男孩的事 |
[15:34] | I was wondering if you could do something to lift his spirits. | 我不知道,是否你能做点事来鼓励他 |
[15:37] | – I can help you there. – I promised you’d hit two home runs. | – 当然,我可以帮忙 – 我向他保证你会打出两个本垒打 |
[15:40] | – You what? – Yeah, you know, a couple of dingers. | – 你说什么? – 是的,你知道的,两个本垒打 |
[15:42] | You promised a kid in the hospital I’d hit two home runs? | 你向一个住院的孩子保证 我会打出两个本垒打? |
[15:45] | – Yeah, what? No good? – No, it’s no good. It’s terrible. | – 是阿,怎么?不好吗? – 当然不,太糟了 |
[15:48] | You don’t hit home runs like that. | 不可能做到的 |
[15:49] | It’s hard to hit home runs. Where did you get two from? | 本垒打是很难的,更别提两个了 |
[15:52] | Well, two is better than one. | 我是想,两个总比一个好 |
[15:54] | That’s ridiculous. I’m not a home-run hitter. | 简直是荒谬,我根本不是本垒打击球手 |
[15:56] | – Well, Babe Ruth did it. – He did not. | – 贝比・鲁斯就做了 – 他不会 |
[15:58] | You’re saying that Babe Ruth was a liar? | 你的意思是贝比・鲁斯撒谎了? |
[16:00] | I’m not calling him a liar, but he wasn’t stupid enough to promise two. | 我没说他撒谎 我是说他不会蠢到做这样的许诺 |
[16:04] | Well, maybe I did overextend myself. | 好吧,可能我把话说太满了 |
[16:06] | How did you get in here anyway? | 你怎么进来的? |
[16:10] | Oh, hi, Elaine. You know, I lost all of my 6:30 clients because of you. | 你好,伊莲,知道么,因为你 我丢掉了所有6:30的客户 |
[16:14] | Yeah, well, why did you have to stick your feet in my face? | 是啊,为什么你要拿脚蹭我的脸? |
[16:18] | Yes, I have the jacket. Hold on. | 是的,夹克在我这,等一下 |
[16:22] | Fellas. | 伙计们 |
[16:24] | What do you got? | 这是什么? |
[16:28] | The Yank ees tak e the field on a beautiful afternoon. | 洋基队在一个晴朗的下午走进赛场 |
[16:32] | It’s hot in here. | 这里真热 |
[16:34] | Hey, Bobby, can I have some of your juice? | 博比,给我喝点果汁好吗? |
[16:37] | After Paul O’Neill hits his first home run. | 等保罗・奥尼尔打出第一个本垒打之后 |
[16:46] | – Yeah? – It’s Holly. | – 谁? – 是我,霍莉 |
[16:47] | – Come on up. – And the two-and-one pitch to O’Neill. | – 请进 – 二垒和一垒投给奥尼尔 |
[16:52] | Towering shot to deep right field, and it’s gone! | 把球击向右后场,球飞出外野护栏! |
[16:55] | – Yeah! – A home run for Paul O’Neill. | – 太棒了! – 保罗・奥尼尔打出一个本垒打了 |
[16:58] | – The Yanks lead 1-nothing. – Oh, yeah! | – 洋基队1:0领先 – 呵呵,太棒了! |
[17:02] | All right. | 太好了 |
[17:04] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[17:05] | One more to go. | 还有一个 |
[17:09] | Hey, what’s all this? | 嗨,这是什么? |
[17:11] | I decided I’m gonna make you dinner. | 我决定亲自下厨为你做饭 |
[17:13] | Oh, I thought we were going out. | 啊,我以为我们出去吃 |
[17:15] | After you scarfed up my mutton… | 在你上次吃光我做的羊排后 |
[17:17] | …I had the irresistible urge to make pork chops for you. | 就一直想给你做顿猪排 |
[17:21] | Well, I said hello to Franco for you. | 还有,我替你向弗朗哥问好了 |
[17:24] | – Franco? – Your butcher down the street. | – 弗朗哥? – 你们的肉店老板,住在下条街的那个 |
[17:28] | I bet he acted all aloof like he didn’t know me. | 我打赌他装着不认识我 |
[17:31] | – A little. – That is so Franco. | – 有点吧 – 弗朗哥就是这样 |
[17:35] | Bottom of the eighth. Score tied at 1 apiece. | 最后8分钟,(洋基队攻方)每人一分 |
[17:38] | Two and one to Paul O’Neill. | 一共得两分,其中保罗・奥尼尔得一分 |
[17:41] | Bobby, it’s hard to hit two home runs in one game, even for Paul O’Neill. | 博比,一场打两个本垒打太难了 即使是保罗・奥尼尔 |
[17:45] | He can do it, Mr. Kramer. | 他一定会做得到,克莱默先生 |
[17:46] | I know he can. He’ll do it for me. | 我知道他一定能,他会为我做到的 |
[17:49] | Long fly ball into deep left field, and it drops just over Belle’s head. | 球被击向高空,飞向左后场 越过柏勒头顶 |
[17:55] | O’Neill’s rounding second, the ball rolling back to the wall. | 奥尼尔跑过二垒,球滚回外野护栏 |
[17:58] | – O’Neill heading for third. – Come on! | – 奥尼尔跑向三垒 – 加油! |
[18:00] | O’Neill rounds third, being waved in. | 奥尼尔跑过三垒,加油 |
[18:03] | Yeah! Go! Go! | 加油!快!快! |
[18:05] | And Martinez throws it over Alomar’s head. | 马蒂尼斯把球掷过阿罗玛头顶 |
[18:08] | O’Neill is safe at home, the Yank ees tak e the lead. | 奥尼尔回到本垒,洋基队领先 |
[18:12] | Inside-the-park home run! | 好一个场内本垒打! |
[18:15] | – Yes, he did it. – All right. | – 真的,他做到了 – 做得好 |
[18:17] | Yeah, well, I guess I’ll be on my way. | 好了,我想我该走了 |
[18:19] | Now, that’s being scored a triple for Paul O’Neill… | 保罗・奥尼尔打出一个三分本垒打 |
[18:22] | …with a throwing error charged to Martinez. | 但是马蒂尼斯的传球失误 |
[18:26] | Hey. | 哎 |
[18:27] | That’s not a home run. | 那不算本垒打 |
[18:29] | Well, maybe not technically, but… | 好了,也许技术上那不算,但是… |
[18:30] | You said he would hit two home runs. | 你说过他会击两个本垒打的 |
[18:32] | Come on, Bobby. Bobby, that’s just as good. | 好了,博比 博比,打成那样已经很好了 |
[18:35] | – Well, you’re not taking that card. – Now, Bobby, Bobby. We had a deal. | – 你不能拿走这张贺卡 – 好了,博比,博比,我们有过约定 |
[18:38] | Come on, give me that. | 快点,给我 |
[18:41] | So is the chop the way you like it? | 怎么样,你喜欢这个排骨吗? |
[18:43] | I usually like mine with an angioplasty. | 我通常喜欢再生一点,带着点血丝 |
[18:54] | Something really stinks to high… | 有些事真是太… |
[18:56] | Holly. | 霍莉 |
[18:58] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么? |
[18:59] | What everyone does here. Cooking pork chops. | 做厨房里应该做的事,烹饪猪排 |
[19:02] | Listen, I’m meeting James here. | 听着,待会詹姆士要来 |
[19:04] | He’s bringing over your jacket. | 他会把你的夹克带来 |
[19:06] | – And what about the napkins? – Oh, God. | – 那我的餐巾呢? – 噢,天哪 |
[19:08] | I didn’t take your napkins. | 我没拿你的餐巾 |
[19:10] | – Then who did? – Ask Jerry. | – 那谁拿了? – 你问杰瑞 |
[19:12] | Hey, we can argue all night over who took the napkins. | 嘿,我们能为餐巾吵上一晚上 |
[19:14] | The point is, in today’s modern world, it just doesn’t seem relevant. | 问题是,现代社会中,这算个什么事情呢 |
[19:19] | I still wanna know what happened to that birthday card. | 我还是想知道那张卡片到底怎么了 |
[19:22] | – Now, Morgan, did you ever sign it? – No, sir. George never gave it to me. | – 你先说,摩根,你签名了吗? – 没有,乔治还没拿给我 |
[19:26] | That’s right. I didn’t. | 是的,还没拿给他 |
[19:27] | I take full responsibility for the card not being here, l… | 对此我要负全责,我… |
[19:30] | – I got it. – What’s this? | – 我拿到了 – 这是什么? |
[19:32] | Oh, it’s a birthday card. Yeah. | 哦,是一张生日卡 |
[19:36] | George, by the way, tomorrow night… | 乔治,顺便说下,明天晚上 |
[19:38] | …Paul O’Neill has to catch a fly ball in his hat. | 保罗・奥尼尔必须用他的帽子接一个快球 |
[19:42] | George, this is beautiful. | 乔治,这太漂亮了 |
[19:44] | Why didn’t you tell me you were gonna have it mounted? | 为什么你没告诉我 你把它装裱得这么漂亮? |
[19:47] | Yeah, you were probably just gonna stick it in an envelope. | 是的,现在只要把它装进信封就行了 |
[19:52] | George, keep up the good work. | 乔治,继续好好干 |
[19:57] | Well, you screwed me again, Costanza. | 好了,你又让我为难了,康斯坦萨 |
[20:00] | How am I supposed to sign the card now, huh? | 现在我还怎么签名,嗯? |
[20:02] | It’s already under glass. | 它都压在玻璃下面了 |
[20:06] | Hi, James. Oh, this is… | 你好,詹姆士,哦,他们是… |
[20:08] | Excuse me. What are those dogs wearing? | 等一下,这些狗脖子上戴着的什么? |
[20:11] | Oh, bandanas. Aren’t they cute? | 哦,是手帕,不可爱吗? |
[20:13] | You gave Mema’s napkins to some dogs? | 你把美玛祖母的餐巾给狗戴? |
[20:16] | Hey, what happened to my jacket? | 嗨,我的夹克怎么搞成这样了? |
[20:17] | Oh, the dogs did that, but it wasn’t their fault. | 哦,是狗干的,但这不是它们的错 |
[20:20] | Somebody stuffed some strange meat in the pockets. | 有人在口袋里藏了些奇怪的肉 |
[20:22] | – Was it mutton? – Could have been. | – 这是羊排吗? – 可能是 |
[20:25] | You always stuff meat in your pockets? | 你总是把肉排藏在口袋里? |
[20:29] | Sometimes I use the sofa. | 恩,有时也藏到沙发里 |
[20:36] | You wanted to see me? | 您刚才找我吗? |
[20:37] | Yes, George. Please, come in, come in. | 是的,乔治,请进,请进 |
[20:39] | Thanks for the card. I loved it. It made me feel good. | 谢谢你的贺卡,我很喜欢,我真的很高兴 |
[20:41] | Word has it you were the brains behind the thing. | 大家告诉我这都是你的主意 |
[20:44] | No, no, not just me. The whole organization. | 不,不,不仅仅是我,大家都出了力 |
[20:46] | Especially Mr. Morgan. | 特别是摩根先生 |
[20:48] | Morgan, Morgan. You know, his name is absent from this card. | 摩根,摩根,你看 这张卡上没有他的签名 |
[20:50] | Like he went out of his way not to sign it. | 好像他又开小差了,所以没签名 |
[20:52] | Oh, no, Morgan is a good man, sir. | 噢,不是的,摩根是个好人 |
[20:54] | You can stop. Congratulations, you’ve got his job. | 别说了 祝贺你,现在起,你得到了他的位置 |
[20:57] | Well, thank you, sir. You know, I’m not quite sure I’m right for it. | 谢谢,但我并不确定我是否合适 |
[21:00] | It’s done, George. He’s out, you’re in. | 已经决定了,乔治 他出局了,而你代替他 |
[21:02] | – It’s a lot more work. – I know. | – 将有更多的工作 – 我知道 |
[21:03] | A lot more responsibility. | 更多的责任 |
[21:05] | – Long, long hours. – I know. | – 更长的工作时间 – 我知道 |
[21:07] | Not much more money. | 但工资不变 |
[21:08] | But you’ll finally get the recognition you deserve. | 不过你最后会得到应得的认可 |
[21:11] | That’s what I’m afraid of. | 我就怕这个 |
[21:12] | You know, Mr. Steinbrenner… | 你知道,史坦布瑞纳先生 |
[21:14] | George, as painful as it is, I’ve had to let a few people go over the years. | 乔治,让人痛心的是,这些年来 每年我都要让一些人离开 |
[21:17] | Yogi Berra, Lou Piniella… | 尤吉・贝拉,娄・潘尼拉 |
[21:20] | …Bucky Dent, Billy Martin… | 巴克・丹特,比利・马丁 |
[21:23] | …Dallas Green… | 达拉斯・格林 |
[21:24] | …Dick Hauser, Bill Virdon… | 迪克・豪瑟,比尔・威顿 |
[21:26] | …Billy Martin… | 比利・马丁 |
[21:28] | …Stump Merrill, Billy Martin… | 斯图普・梅利尔,比利・马丁 |
[21:30] | …Bob Lemon, Billy Martin… | 鲍勃・勒蒙,比利・马丁 |
[21:33] | …Gene Michael, Buck Showalter… | 吉恩・迈克尔,巴克・休华特 |
[21:35] | George, you didn’t hear that from me. | 乔治,你在听我说吗? |
[21:37] | George! | 乔治! |