时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | You know, I can now bite my fingernails so evenly… | 知道吗,我现在可以把我的手指甲 咬得如此平整… |
[00:09] | …I don’t even need to use a clipper anymore. | …甚至不需要用指甲钳 |
[00:11] | But it’s a pleasure to use clippers. | 但用指甲钳会更舒服 |
[00:13] | Why gnaw away like a mental patient when we have this elegant device? | 为什么要像个精神病人一样去咬手指甲 我们早就有这样好的东西了 |
[00:20] | What if you’re in prison? | 但如果你被关在大牢里怎么办? |
[00:21] | – You don’t think they give clippers? – No, it’s like a weapon. | – 你认为他们不会给你指甲钳? – 当然不会,那玩意儿就像个凶器 |
[00:24] | You know what’s really a weapon, that big toenail. | 那种长脚趾甲才是真的凶器 |
[00:27] | You let that grow for a month, take it in the shower, it’s like a shiv. | 让它长上一个月 然后冲个澡,就像一把刀一样 |
[00:32] | I love prison. | 我想我爱上监狱了 |
[00:34] | It is fascinating. | 如此令人神往 |
[00:36] | Yeah, maybe someday. | 也许有一天可以去试试 |
[00:45] | You want me to find a poem about Susan? | 你想让我去找首关于苏珊的诗? |
[00:48] | May she rest in peace. | 希望她安息 |
[00:51] | Well, we think it would be a nice touch for the foundation literature. | 我们认为这对基金会的文学气息 是种很好的尝试 |
[00:55] | You have a favorite poet, George? | 乔治,你最喜欢哪个诗人? |
[00:59] | I like Flavman. | 我喜欢弗莱曼 |
[01:03] | – Pardon? – Flavman. | – 什么? – 弗莱曼 |
[01:07] | Well, you should choose the poem since you knew Susan best… | 好吧,有你来选诗 因为你最了解苏珊… |
[01:10] | …at the time of her unfortunate… accident. | …在她发生不幸…意外时 |
[01:18] | – He cleared his throat? – Yes. | – 他清了清他的嗓子? – 是的 |
[01:20] | So? | 然后? |
[01:22] | He did it right as he said, “Her unfortunate accident.” | 他那么说了,也那样做了 “发生不幸意外” |
[01:25] | Not getting it. | 没听明白 |
[01:27] | Jerry, a throat clear is a non-verbal implication of doubt. | 杰瑞,“清嗓子” 是表示怀疑的非语言暗示 |
[01:30] | He thinks I killed Susan. | 他认为我杀了苏珊 |
[01:31] | Oh, help me, Rhonda. | 哦,算了吧,朗达 |
[01:36] | – What time is it? – One-fifteen. | – 现在几点了? – 1点15分 |
[01:38] | Right now? | 现在吗? |
[01:40] | I gotta go meet Pam. | 我要去见帕姆了 |
[01:42] | Oh, the bookstore girl. How’s that going? | 哦,那个书店的女孩 你们俩进行的怎么样了? |
[01:44] | Okay. I’m just not gaga over her. | 还不错,我只是对她不太狂热 |
[01:47] | For once, I’d like to be gaga. | 希望这次我能表现得疯狂点 |
[01:49] | Where’s Elaine? | 伊莲去哪了? |
[01:50] | She’s having Carol, Gail and Lisa over. | 她和卡罗尔,盖尔还有利萨在一起 |
[01:52] | You know, they all have kids now. | 他们现在都是为人父母了 |
[01:54] | What’s with all these people having babies? | 为什么这些人都急着生儿育女呢? |
[01:56] | – Perpetuation of the species. – Yeah, right. | – 这样人类才生生不息 – 说得也对 |
[01:59] | – By the way, just for the record… – No, I did not. | – 顺便说一下,根据记录… – 不,别想了 |
[02:01] | All right. | 好吧 |
[02:04] | But because it comes out of your baby, it smells good. | 因为养了小孩,这个都变得好闻了 |
[02:09] | Well, that’s… That’s sweet. | 嗯…闻起来很好 |
[02:12] | Being a mother has made me feel so beautiful. | 当上妈妈后,自己感觉变漂亮很多 |
[02:16] | Elaine, you gotta have a baby. | 伊莲,你得生个小孩了 |
[02:20] | Oh, hey, you know… | 哦,想起来了… |
[02:22] | …I had a piece of whitefish… | …那天我在巴尼・格林格拉斯… (犹太餐厅) |
[02:24] | …over at Barney Greengrass the other day and l… | …吃了点白鲑,我… |
[02:27] | Elaine, move to Long Island and have a baby already. | 伊莲,搬去长岛孕育你的下一代 (位于北美洲大西洋岸的岛屿,行政上属美国纽约州一部份) |
[02:31] | – I really like the city. – The city’s a toilet. | – 我真的很喜欢那个城市 – 别打岔 |
[02:34] | When’s the last time you saw my little Adam? | 上次你见到我的亚当是什么时候? |
[02:36] | It was in the Hamptons. | 在汉普顿 |
[02:38] | – Oh, I have pictures. – No, no, that’s okay. It’s… | – 哦,我有照片 – 这…算了吧 |
[02:41] | Look at him, just look at him. | 看看他,好好看看他 |
[02:46] | Elaine was telling me about this whitefish she had the other day. | 伊莲告诉我那天她吃了白鲑 |
[02:49] | Do you really think I’m wrong about this Wyck guy? | 你认为我真的错怪 那个叫维克的家伙了吗? |
[02:52] | If you really wanna test him out… | 如果你真的想考验他… |
[02:54] | …why don’t you try the Jerry Lewis trick? | …为什么不试试杰瑞・刘易斯的把戏? (美国著名喜剧表演泰斗、电影电视剧以及舞台剧演员) |
[02:56] | – Jerry Lewis? – I heard when Jerry left a meeting… | – 杰瑞・刘易斯? – 我听说他在离开会议时… |
[02:58] | …he’d purposely leave a briefcase with a tape recorder in it. | …会故意将装有录音机的公文包留下 |
[03:01] | After five minutes, he’d come back, listen to what everyone said. | 五分钟后 他会回来听听每个人都在讲什么 |
[03:05] | – That’s pretty paranoid. – Yes, it is. | – 看起来他很多疑 – 没错 |
[03:07] | – I like it. – I thought you might. | – 我喜欢 – 我猜也是 |
[03:11] | Hi, I’m Pam. | 你好,我是帕姆 |
[03:13] | You must be Kramer. | 你一定是克莱默 |
[03:16] | Jerry has told me a lot about you. | 杰瑞跟我说了很多你的事情 |
[03:21] | Well, I’m supposed to meet Jerry. It’s my day off. | 我今天休假,来见见杰瑞 |
[03:25] | I work in a bookstore. | 我在书店工作 |
[03:27] | Books. | 书 |
[03:30] | Careful. | 小心 |
[03:34] | – Hi. Sorry I’m late. | – Hi. – 嗨,我迟到了 – 嗨 |
[03:36] | That’s okay. Kramer let me in. | 没事,克莱默让我进来了 |
[03:37] | If we rush, we can still make the movie. | 如果我们快一点,仍能赶上电影 |
[03:39] | It was really nice meeting you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[03:49] | I’m in trouble, buddy. | 老兄,我遇到困惑了 |
[03:51] | I just met a woman. | 我遇到了一个女人 |
[03:52] | – Go on. – Well… | – 继续 – 嗯… |
[03:55] | …she’s Jerry’s girlfriend. | …她是杰瑞的女朋友 |
[03:57] | Yes, forbidden love. | 喔,禁爱 |
[03:59] | She works in a bookshop. | 她在书店工作 |
[04:01] | – Her name is Pam. – Pam. | – 名字叫帕姆 – 帕姆 |
[04:04] | I don’t know the woman, but she sounds quite fetching. | 我不认识这个人,但听起来很动人 |
[04:08] | I can’t even speak in front of her. | 在她面前我甚至说不出话 |
[04:10] | Jerry. | 杰瑞 |
[04:11] | What could she possibly see in Jerry? | 她怎么会看上杰瑞? |
[04:16] | She has delicate beauty. | 她是如此的精致美丽 |
[04:18] | Jerry wouldn’t know delicate if it bludgeoned him over the head. | 就算如此精致的人站在杰瑞的眼前 他也会有眼不识美人 |
[04:21] | And yet, he’s my friend. | 最重要的,杰瑞是我的朋友 |
[04:24] | And therein lies the tragedy. | 这是一个潜在的悲剧 |
[04:27] | For I believe, sadly for you… | 虽然对你来说比较残酷,但我相信… |
[04:30] | …that there is but one woman meant for each of us. | …世界上有且仅有一个女人等候着我们 |
[04:33] | One perfect angel for whom we are put on this earth. | 我们来到这个世界 就是为了这样一个无可挑剔的天使 |
[04:37] | Oh, that’s beautiful, Newman. | 哦,纽曼,听起来很棒 |
[04:38] | One winsome tulip… | 一朵迷人的郁金香… |
[04:40] | …we ceaselessly yearn for throughout our dreary workaday lives… | …我们在沉闷的工作生活中不停期盼… |
[04:46] | …and you, my friend, have found your angel. | …伙计,你找到了你的天使 |
[04:50] | I can tell… | 我能感受到… |
[04:51] | …for my heart has also been captured by a breathless beauty… | …我的心也已被这令人窒息的美丽 所俘虏… |
[04:55] | …whom I fear I will never possess. | …我怕我会永远无法征服 |
[04:58] | I thought we were talking about me. | 我想我们在讨论我的事情 |
[05:00] | Oh, right. | 哦,对 |
[05:02] | Kramer, you have to confront Jerry. | 克莱默,你必须面对杰瑞 |
[05:05] | – Confront Jerry? I can’t. – You must. | – 面对杰瑞?我做不到 – 你必须得这样做 |
[05:06] | – I won’t. – You will. | – 不 – 去吧 |
[05:09] | “Elaine, you gotta have a baby.” | “伊莲,你得生个小孩了” |
[05:14] | Where are the poetry magazines? | 哪些杂志上有诗集? |
[05:16] | The New Yorker has poetry. | 《纽约人》上有 |
[05:17] | Yes, The New Yorker. | 对,《纽约人》 |
[05:20] | Why do you invite these women over if they annoy you so much? | 为什么这些人那么烦人 你还去邀请她们做客? |
[05:23] | Well, they’re my friends… | 她们是我的朋友… |
[05:24] | …but they act as if having a baby takes some kind of talent. | …但她们搞得就像有了小孩 人就脱胎换骨了 |
[05:27] | Come on. You wanna have a baby. | 那么你也赶紧生个小孩吧 |
[05:29] | – Why? Because I can? – It’s the life force. | – 为什么?因为我是女人? – 这是生命的源动力 |
[05:33] | I saw a show on the mollusk last night. | 昨晚我看了一个关于软体动物的电视 |
[05:35] | Elaine, the mollusk travels from Alaska to Chile… | 伊莲,这些软体动物 从阿拉斯加远渡重洋到智利… |
[05:38] | …just for a shot at another mollusk. | …仅仅是为了和另外一个交配 |
[05:39] | You think you’re any better? | 你认为自己更高级吗? |
[05:41] | Yes, I think I am better than the mollusk. | 我想我比那些软体动物强多了 |
[05:44] | Excuse me, I couldn’t help overhearing what you were saying. | 抱歉,我不小心听到了你的话 |
[05:47] | – Oh, I’m sorry… – No, no, I think I agree with you. | – 哦,抱歉… – 不,不,我非常赞同你的观点 |
[05:50] | I mean, all this talk about having babies. | 就是你刚刚关于生小孩的观点 |
[05:52] | Yeah, like you must procreate. | 就像那些“你必须生儿育女” |
[05:54] | Besides, anyone can do it. | 另外,每个人都能做到 |
[05:56] | Oh, it’s been done to death. | 而且让人发腻 |
[06:00] | I should have a poem very soon now. | 我马上就能拿到一首诗了 |
[06:03] | Are you okay, George? | 你还好吗,乔治? |
[06:05] | No, no. | 我没事 |
[06:07] | Not really. | 其实不太好 |
[06:10] | Ever since Susan passed on, I have good days and bad. | 自从苏珊去世后,我的心情忐忑不安 |
[06:16] | Some days I’m haunted by one word: | 我备受折磨,心里常想: |
[06:21] | Why? | 这是为什么? |
[06:22] | Why Susan? | 为什么是苏珊? |
[06:25] | Why wasn’t it me licking those invitations? | 为什么不是我去舔这些邀请函? |
[06:29] | Why am I still here? | 为什么我还坐在这? |
[06:33] | But I gotta run. | 我得走了 |
[06:43] | Now, the stock options for this year look quite… | 今年的职工股看起来非常… |
[06:54] | Briefcase. | 我的公文包 |
[06:59] | So, Kevin, if I don’t want children… | 凯文,如果我不想要小孩… |
[07:02] | …does that make me a bad humanitarian? | …我会因此变成一个没有人道的人吗? |
[07:04] | – Not at all. – Because when you get to know me… | – 当然不会 – 当你我多打交道后… |
[07:06] | …you’ll see that I’m a pretty good humanitarian. | …你会发现我是个充满人道主义的好人 |
[07:09] | You are doing a wonderful job, by the way. | 顺便说一下,你工作十分认真 |
[07:12] | – Thanks a lot. – Right? Am I right? | – 谢谢 – 对吧?我说的没错吧? |
[07:15] | Kramer, Kramer, come here, look at my new friend Kevin. | 克莱默,克莱默,快来 这是我的新朋友凯文 |
[07:22] | Oh, you got a little… | 额,你嘴上有点… |
[07:24] | – You got… – Oh, yeah. | – 有点… – 哦 |
[07:25] | I just had two double-fudge sundaes. | 我刚吃了两个双份的圣代 |
[07:28] | Oh, are you all right? | 这样,你还好吗? |
[07:30] | Yeah, I’ll be okay. | 当然,我没事 |
[07:33] | You know, Jerry has one of those every time he bombs on stage. | 你知道吗 杰瑞每次在台上发飙就吃这个 |
[07:37] | I’m sure he’ll be sharing his next one with Pam. | 我确信下次他会和帕姆一起吃这个 |
[07:39] | Oh, no, that won’t last. | 不,他们不会保持太久 |
[07:41] | – What do you mean? – He’s not gaga. | – 什么意思? – 他并没有完全投入 |
[07:50] | Let me tell you. That Jerry Lewis… | 你知道吗,那个杰瑞・刘易斯… |
[07:52] | …you wonder how people get to the top? | …你知道人类是如何登峰造极的吗? |
[07:54] | It’s ideas like this. Brilliant. | 就是像这样,太聪明了 |
[07:58] | Look at this. What the hell happened? | 看看这个,会有什么奇迹发生? |
[07:59] | The whole side is damaged here, and the lock is broken. | 这面都坏了,锁也坏了 |
[08:05] | – How long did you leave it there? – Five minutes. | – 你把这个放这里多久了? – 5分钟 |
[08:07] | What the hell happened here? | 到底怎么回事? |
[08:09] | Play the tape. Maybe we’ll get a clue. | 放一下这个带子,也许会得到点线索 |
[08:12] | I have to rewind it first. | 得先倒一下带 |
[08:32] | All right. All right. | 好了好了 |
[08:34] | Did anyone notice George’s fingernails? | 有人注意到乔治的手指甲吗? |
[08:37] | Oh, my, yes, they look like they were eaten away by weevils. | 哦,看见了,天哪 就像被象鼻虫咬掉一样 |
[08:41] | It’s kind of hot in here. Open the window. | 这里有点热,开一下窗 |
[08:45] | Hey, what are you doing? | 嘿,干嘛呢? |
[08:47] | Dear God! | 天啊! |
[08:53] | Is that it? | 就这样? |
[08:55] | – It stopped dead. – What do you make of it? | – 卡带了 – 你是怎么放的? |
[08:58] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[09:01] | Jerry, can we talk? | 杰瑞,我们能谈谈吗? |
[09:03] | Kind of busy here. | 这里很忙 |
[09:04] | – I’d like to talk to Jerry in private. – Why can’t I stay? | – 我想和杰瑞单独谈谈 – 为什么我不能留着? |
[09:08] | Because it doesn’t concern you. | 因为这和你没关系 |
[09:10] | Well, if it doesn’t concern me, then I can stay. | 既然和我没关系,为什么我不能留下 |
[09:22] | – So, what’s on your mind? – It’s Pam. | – 你想说些什么? – 关于帕姆 |
[09:24] | – Pam? What about Pam? – I love her, Jerry. | – 帕姆?帕姆怎么了? – 杰瑞,我爱她 |
[09:27] | – You what? – I love her. | – 什么? – 我爱她 |
[09:29] | – Is that right? – Oh, she’s… She’s real. | – 是吗? – 哦,她是如此的真实 |
[09:33] | She can bring home the bacon and fry it in the pan. | 她一定是个贤妻良母 能把咸肉在锅上烤得好好的 |
[09:37] | – What does that mean? – Oh, and that voice. | – 什么意思? – 哦,还有她的声音 |
[09:40] | – What about her name? – Pam? Oh, it’s a beautiful name. | – 她的名字呢? – 帕姆? 哦,是个美丽的名字 |
[09:45] | Pam. | 帕姆 |
[09:47] | Pam? | 帕姆? |
[09:49] | Pam! | 帕姆! |
[09:52] | – She’s got really nice hair. – Oh, it’s incredible. | – 她有头迷人的长发 – 对,难以置信 |
[09:54] | Although, I might replace her tortoise clip… | 虽然我想把她笨拙的发卡… |
[09:56] | …with one of those velvet scrunchies. I love those. | …换成天鹅绒发扎,我爱极了 |
[09:59] | You’ve got really specific tastes. | 你的品味真是不一般 |
[10:01] | Oh, I know what I want, Jerry. | 杰瑞,我知道我要什么 |
[10:03] | She got nice calves. | 她有纤细的小腿 |
[10:04] | Oh, she’s a dreamboat, but you don’t like her. | 哦,她是个理想情人 但是你并不喜欢她 |
[10:08] | Maybe I could. You’re making some good points. | 也许我能 你已经举了一些好例子了 |
[10:10] | – No, you can’t, Jerry. – But I might. | – 不,杰瑞,你不能 – 也许我能 |
[10:12] | – Oh, no, you don’t. – Why not? | – 不,你不能 – 为什么? |
[10:14] | – The voice, the calves, the bacon. – What? | – 她的声音,小腿,还有咸肉 – 什么? |
[10:16] | I think I can. I even like the name Pam. | 我想我能 我甚至喜欢她的名字帕姆 |
[10:19] | Pam. Pam. | 帕姆,帕姆 |
[10:33] | So now he wants her more than ever. | 所以他现在比以前更想得到她了 |
[10:34] | Blast. | 糟糕 |
[10:37] | What am I gonna do, huh? | 我要做些什么呢? |
[10:38] | Don’t despair, my friend. | 伙计,别气馁 |
[10:43] | I won’t allow your love to go unrequited, not like mine. | 我不会让你的爱得不到回报的 不要像我一样 |
[10:48] | What, again with you? | 所以,又轮到你了? |
[10:49] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[10:51] | But love is a spice with many tastes… | 但是爱情就像五味瓶… |
[10:54] | …a dizzying array of textures and moments. | …就像令人眩晕的结构和时机的组合 |
[11:00] | If only I could say things like that around her. | 如果我能看出她身上的这些东西就好了 |
[11:02] | Yes. | 是的 |
[11:06] | Well, I hear three distinct sounds: | 我能听到三种明显的声音: |
[11:08] | A low rumple… | 低沉的杂音… |
[11:10] | …followed by a metallic squink… | …随后一个金属的响声… |
[11:13] | Yes, yes, I heard the squink. | 是的,我也听到了 |
[11:15] | – Followed by a mysterious galonk. | 紧接着奇怪的撞击声 |
[11:19] | It’s a real baffler, isn’t it? | 所以是消音器吗? |
[11:22] | Well, one question does come to mind. | 我有一个问题 |
[11:26] | Have you considered just asking them what happened to the briefcase? | 你有考虑过直接问他们 公文包到底怎么了吗? |
[11:32] | They would never tell me. | 他们不会告诉我的 |
[11:34] | First of all, they probably think that I killed Susan. | 首先,他们可能认为我杀了苏珊 |
[11:37] | Besides, I don’t even think they like me. | 其次,我认为他们不喜欢我 |
[11:40] | That Pam. I am gaga over her. | 那个帕姆,我对他是真心的 |
[11:42] | “Gaga”? When did that happen? | “真心”?什么时候的事? |
[11:44] | Yesterday, 6-ish. | 昨天,那家伙 |
[11:47] | Well, maybe we should double. I’m pretty gaga myself. | 也许我们该在一起,我对自己是认真的 |
[11:51] | You just met the guy yesterday. | 你昨天才认识了那个家伙 |
[11:53] | Yeah, but we have a common goal. | 是的,但我们有共识 |
[11:54] | A barren, sterile existence that ends when you die? | 你希望过着没有后代的生活直到老死? |
[11:59] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[12:01] | You believe this guy doesn’t wanna have kids? | 你相信那家伙不想要孩子? |
[12:04] | – Yeah, of course. – A guy will say anything to a woman. | – 当然 – 一个男人会对女人说出任何话 |
[12:06] | Oh, please, he wouldn’t say that. | 算了吧,再怎么也不会说那个 |
[12:08] | Elaine, I once told a woman that I coined the phrase: | 伊莲,有次我告诉一个女人 我创造了一句话: |
[12:12] | “Pardon my French.” | “原谅我说了法语” (原谅我说了粗话) |
[12:16] | I once told a woman I don’t eat cake because it goes right to my thighs. | 有一次我告诉一个女人,我不吃蛋糕 因为它直接变成了我大腿的脂肪 |
[12:21] | Once told a woman I enjoy spending time with my family. | 有一次我告诉一个女人: 我喜欢与家人共享天伦之乐 |
[12:28] | Your looks and my words will have built the perfect beast. | 你的英俊加上我的文采是天作之合 |
[12:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:42] | – Oh, hi, Kramer. – Hi, how are you? | – 哦,你好,克莱默 – 嗨,最近好吗? |
[12:45] | Hi, how are you? | 嗨,最近好吗? |
[12:48] | – I’m great. – I too am well. | – 还不错 – 我也是 |
[12:50] | I too am well. | 我也是 |
[12:53] | – Do I smell Pantene? – Do I smell…? | – 我好像闻到了潘婷的味道? – 我好像闻到了…? |
[12:57] | – Pantene! – Pantene? | – 潘婷! – 潘婷? |
[13:00] | Oh, my shampoo. | 哦,我用的洗发水 |
[13:02] | Yeah, yeah, you know, it is Pantene. | 是的,我用的是潘婷 |
[13:03] | I got a free sample of it in with my junk mail. | 我从邮寄宣传品里得到了试用装 |
[13:06] | There really is no junk mail. | 这世上没有邮寄宣传品 |
[13:08] | Everybody wants a check or birthday card… | 每个人都想得到张支票或生日卡片… |
[13:10] | It requires just as much manpower to deliver as their precious cards… | 这需要尽可能多的人来传递 正如珍贵的卡片… |
[13:14] | Newman. | 纽曼 |
[13:16] | What? | 什么? |
[13:18] | Human. Human. | 人类,人类 |
[13:20] | It’s human to be moved by a fragrance. | 芳香把人类带到了这里 |
[13:24] | That’s so true. | 说的没错 |
[13:26] | Her bouquet cleaved his hardened… | 她的芳香让他的坚毅彻底瓦解… |
[13:29] | – Shell. – Shell | – 剥落 – 剥落 |
[13:32] | And fondled his muscled heart | 抚慰他强韧的心脏 |
[13:36] | He imbibed her glistening spell | 他吸收了她闪耀着的魅力 |
[13:39] | Just before the other shoe fell | 在另外一只鞋即将落地之前 |
[13:43] | Kramer, that is so lovely. | 克莱默,太棒了 |
[13:46] | It’s by an unknown 20th century poet. | 这是一个20世纪无名诗人写的 |
[13:50] | – Oh, what’s him name? – Newman. | – 是嘛,他叫什么名字? – 纽曼 |
[13:56] | Elaine, you changed my life. | 伊莲,你改变了我的生活 |
[13:59] | Oh, Kevin, you can go on and on about how you don’t want kids… | 凯文,你可以一遍又一遍地说 你多么不想要孩子 |
[14:04] | …and it sounds… It sounds really nice… | …这听起来相当好… |
[14:06] | …but the truth is, I don’t know if you mean it or not. | …只是我不确定你是不是真心的 |
[14:11] | I got a vasectomy this morning. | 今早我进行了输精管切除术 |
[14:14] | Although, I have a hunch you mean it. | 尽管我有预感,你是真心的 |
[14:20] | I just came by to tell you… | 我是来告诉你… |
[14:21] | …I’m really, really happy about this relationship. Really happy. | …我对我们之间的关系非常非常非常开心 |
[14:27] | Oh, well, that’s nice. | 是吗,挺好 |
[14:35] | A velvet scrunchie. | 天鹅绒发扎 |
[14:39] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[14:47] | Hello, Newman. | 你好,纽曼 |
[14:49] | Hello, Jerry. | 你好,杰瑞 |
[14:50] | How’s Pam? | 帕姆好吗? |
[14:52] | Pam? What do you care? | 帕姆?关你什么事? |
[14:58] | Well, ta-ta. | 回头见 |
[15:01] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[15:31] | All right, Newman, this is it. | 好吧,纽曼,够了 |
[15:32] | Steady, Jerry. | 冷静,杰瑞 |
[15:34] | Steady. Wouldn’t wanna lose your cool at a time like this. | 冷静!别在这种时候丢了你的风格 |
[15:37] | – Why not? – Because right now… | – 为什么不呢? – 因为现在… |
[15:39] | …I’m the only chance you’ve got. | …我是你唯一的希望 |
[15:46] | Come on. | 过来 |
[15:49] | I can’t believe I’m losing Pam. | 我不能相信我失去了帕姆 |
[15:52] | I know how you feel… | 我了解你的感受… |
[15:53] | …for I too have a woman for whom I pine. | …我曾经也遇见过一个 为之神魂颠倒的女人 |
[15:56] | – I thought we were talking about me. – Right. | – 我想我们是在说我 – 好吧 |
[15:59] | Anyway, I don’t need your help. | 算了,我不需要你的帮忙 |
[16:01] | Oh, don’t you, joke boy? | 真的吗,小毛孩? |
[16:04] | You really think you can manipulate that beautiful young woman… | 你真的认为,可以像那些夜店里 喝的半醉而随便的女人一样… |
[16:08] | …like the half-soused, nightclub rabble… | …俘虏这样一个美丽的姑娘… |
[16:10] | …that lap up your inane “observations”? | …来填补你那空虚的“欲望”? |
[16:15] | All right, Newman. | 好吧,纽曼 |
[16:16] | What do I to get you to stop pulling strings for Kramer? | 我要做什么 才能阻止你暗中帮助克莱默? |
[16:19] | Well, there is a little something you can do for me. | 你能帮我做些小小的事情 |
[16:22] | Come on, out with it. | 快说吧 |
[16:24] | It’s about Elaine. | 关于伊莲 |
[16:26] | Elaine? What does she have to…? | 伊莲?和她有什么关系…? |
[16:29] | Oh, no. | 哦,天哪 |
[16:33] | You dated her. Give me some inside information. | 你和她约过会,给我些内幕消息 |
[16:36] | Anything I can use. | 任何对我有用的信息 |
[16:38] | Well, I know she doesn’t wanna have kids. | 好吧,我知道她不想要小孩 |
[16:43] | I thought you’d be a little more enthusiastic about it. | 我想你最好对这更热衷一些 |
[16:46] | I know. I don’t want… kids. | 我懂,我不想要…孩子 |
[16:51] | – What was that? – Well… | – 所以? – 好吧… |
[16:53] | …Kevin, maybe I have a little doubt. | …凯文,也许我有些迟疑 |
[16:55] | I mean, nothing is 100 percent. | 我的意思是没什么是百分之百确定的 |
[16:57] | This is. | 所以 |
[17:00] | – Oh, boy, I always do this. – What? | – 哦,我常常会这样 – 什么? |
[17:03] | I get all jazzed up about something, and I go way too far with it. | 我对一些事情特别起劲 并且往往做得太过火 |
[17:06] | – Really? – Oh, yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是的 |
[17:08] | Like last summer, I’m watching TV and I saw one of those jet skis. | 像去年夏天,我正在看电视 我看中了一个喷气雪橇 |
[17:13] | Four thousand dollars later, and it’s sitting in my garage. | 花了我4000美元后 它便一直躺在我的花园里 |
[17:15] | You know, that’s weird actually, because I’m sort of the same way. | 听起来有点不可思议,可我也常常这样 |
[17:19] | I mean, once for, like, no reason, I flattened my hair… | 我有次突发奇想,把我的头发拉平了… |
[17:23] | …and I had all these strands hanging in my face all the time. | …就一直把我的头发挂在我的脸前 |
[17:26] | Sometimes I think I do want kids, maybe a lot of kids. | 有时我想我需要小孩,也许许多小孩 |
[17:31] | Sometimes I think about wearing my hair real short. | 有时我想把我的头发剃短 |
[17:34] | Yeah, I think I like short hair, really short. | 我想我喜欢短发,非常短的那种 |
[17:38] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. – 是吗 – 真的 |
[17:44] | This is a crude mock-up of the conference room. | 这是会议室的简易模型 |
[17:48] | One-fourteenth scale. | 1:14的比例 |
[17:50] | When did you build this thing? | 你什么时候做的这个东西? |
[17:52] | Yesterday. Took the day off. | 昨天,做了一整天 |
[17:54] | Now, from the time that I left the room… | 注意,在我离开了那房间之后… |
[17:59] | – Wait. That’s you? – Yeah. | – 等等,那是你? – 没错 |
[18:02] | I think the M&M should be you. | 我想这个M&M更像你 |
[18:10] | All right, whatever. | 好吧,随便 |
[18:12] | Now, whatever caused the damage… | 注意,不管是什么造成了损坏… |
[18:16] | …it was jarring enough to completely stop the tape. | …震动的破坏力都足够让录音带卡住 |
[18:21] | – And? – Okay. | – 所以? – 就这些 |
[18:24] | That’s what we know. | 这就是我们所知道的 |
[18:27] | – But we already knew that. – Well, yeah. | – 但是我们早就知道这些了 – 对,没错 |
[18:30] | Just give me some idea what you think it could be. | 拜托你讲点新鲜的,你认为这是为什么 |
[18:33] | – I don’t know if you’re ready for it. – Please. | – 我不确定你有没有准备好接受这一切 – 拜托 |
[18:36] | I believe that I’m about to become the target… | 我认为我已经成为了他们的攻击目标… |
[18:40] | …of a systematic process of intimidation and manipulation… | …有计划有预谋的胁迫和操控… |
[18:44] | …the likes of which… – Hold it. You’re right. I’m not ready. | – …就像… – 停!你说得对,我还没准备好 |
[18:50] | – Yeah? – It’s Pam. | – 你好? – 我是帕姆 |
[18:51] | Come on up. All right, it’s Pam. You gotta get going. | 上来吧,好了,帕姆来了,你该走了 |
[18:54] | I’m not through here, Jerry. | 我不会止步不前的,杰瑞 |
[18:56] | I’m gonna keep on investigating. | 我将继续调查下去 |
[18:58] | This thing is like an onion. | 这事就像个洋葱 |
[19:00] | The more layers you peel, the more it stinks. | 你剥掉越多层皮,就闻起来就越臭 |
[19:09] | What was that? | 他怎么了? |
[19:11] | We were just playing. | 我们只是玩玩 |
[19:14] | Listen, I had a long talk with Kramer today. | 我今天和克莱默促膝长谈 |
[19:18] | Well, the thing is l… I think I have a little crush on him. | 嗯,我想…我想我有点爱上他了 |
[19:23] | I’m so happy. | 我太兴奋了 |
[19:25] | My world suddenly has meaning. | 我的生活顿时有了意义 |
[19:27] | This is the man you have a crush on? | 你爱上了这个男人? |
[19:29] | Well, I have feelings for both of you. | 我对你们两个都有感觉 |
[19:31] | You have feelings for him? We’re soul mates. | 你对他有感觉?我们真是心心相印 |
[19:33] | Why can’t I be a soul mate? | 为什么我们不能心心相印? |
[19:35] | Jerry, you really think Pam would want you to be the father of her children? | 杰瑞,你真的认为帕姆会想要你 做她孩子的父亲? |
[19:39] | Children? | 孩子? |
[19:41] | Who said anything about children? I don’t wanna have children. | 谁提起过孩子了?我可不想要孩子 |
[19:47] | There are people in this room… | 在这个房间里有些人… |
[19:49] | …who would’ve been very happy to never see this briefcase again. | …不想再看到这个公文包 |
[19:55] | There are people in this room… | 在这个房间里有些人… |
[19:56] | …who think they can destroy other people’s property… | …认为他们能够破坏别人的财产… |
[19:59] | …and get away with it. | …而且神不知鬼不觉 |
[20:01] | Well, let me tell you something about those people. | 好,我来说说那些人 |
[20:04] | They weren’t counting on this brain… | 他们不会想到有我的智慧… |
[20:07] | …and this tape recorder. | …和这个录音机 |
[20:09] | – George… – You’ll have your turn. | – 乔治… – 会轮到你讲话的 |
[20:13] | The truth must be heard. | 真相必须公众于世 |
[20:17] | Hey, what are you doing? | 嘿,干嘛呢? |
[20:19] | Dear God! | 天啊! |
[20:24] | That’s all there was… | 就这些… |
[20:26] | …and yet it speaks volumes. | …但是却意义重大 |
[20:30] | A low rumple… | 低沉的杂声… |
[20:33] | …a metallic squink… | …金属响声… |
[20:35] | …a galonk… | …撞击声… |
[20:38] | …and someone crying out, “Dear God!” | …接着一个人喊道,“天啊!” |
[20:43] | Let’s start with… With you, Wyck. | 让我们先从…你开始,维克 |
[20:50] | George, Quinn here was moving a chair. | 乔治,奎恩在这里搬椅子 |
[20:53] | He lost his balance and dropped it. | 他失去了平衡,把椅子掉了 |
[20:55] | It must have fallen on your briefcase… | 正好砸到了你的公文包上… |
[20:57] | …which, for some reason, contained a running tape recorder. | …不知道为什么 里面装了个开着的录音机 |
[21:08] | All right then. | 好了 |
[21:11] | We’ve gotten to the bottom of that. | 真相水落石出了 |
[21:20] | What are you guys doing here? | 你们在这里干嘛? |
[21:22] | We’re getting vasectomies. | 我们准备做输精管切除术 |
[21:25] | – Why? – I’m doing it for you. | – 为什么? – 我为了你 |
[21:28] | – What? – What did you do to your hair? | – 什么? – 你的头发怎么了? |
[21:31] | I cut it. | 我剪了 |
[21:33] | It’s a little short. | 有点短了 |
[21:34] | You think? | 为什么这样想? |
[21:38] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干嘛? |
[21:39] | Kevin’s having his vasectomy reversed. | 凯文做了输精管恢复术 |
[21:41] | – Reversed? | – Reversed? – 恢复? – 恢复? |
[22:02] | He imbibed her glistening spell | 他吸收了她闪耀的魅力 |
[22:06] | Just before the other shoe fell | 在另外一只鞋即将落地之前 |
[22:14] | Is that a Keats poem? | 这是济慈的诗? (杰出的英诗作家之一,也是浪漫派的主要成员) |
[22:15] | No, it’s a Newman. | 不,是纽曼的 |
[22:20] | Well, I gotta run. | 好了,我得走了 |
[22:29] | Does anyone think George might have murdered Susan? | 有人认为是乔治杀了苏珊吗? |
[22:32] | Oh, yeah, I just assumed he murdered her. | 哦,当然,刚刚我就想是他杀的 |
[22:35] | – Of course he killed her. – So it’s not just me then. | – 当然是他杀的 – 所以并不是我一个人这样想 |
[22:39] | All right. Back to business. | 好吧,回到公事上来 |