时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | You’re on a desert island. | 假如你要去一个荒岛上 |
[00:08] | You can bring five books. Which five do you take? | 能带去五本书 你会带哪五本? |
[00:11] | I gotta read five books? | 要读五本呢? |
[00:12] | All right, one. | 那好吧,那就一本 |
[00:15] | Come on. | 快说吧 |
[00:17] | I got it. Three Musketeers. | 我知道了,《三个火枪手》! |
[00:19] | – You’ve read that? – No, I’m saving it for the island. | – 你读过那个? – 没有,我正要把它留到荒岛上去看呢 |
[00:22] | All right, let’s start this whole thing over. | 好吧,那让我们重来一遍这个问题 |
[00:24] | Best Chamberlain: Wilt, Richard, or Neville? | 三个张伯伦的书 选韦尔特、理查德还是内维尔的? |
[00:27] | For the desert island? | 拿去荒岛上读的? |
[00:29] | – Okay. – Richard. | – 没错 – 理查德的 |
[00:30] | You know, he was in The Three Musketeers. | 你知道吗?《三个火枪手》里也有他! |
[00:32] | Exactly. Save me having to read the book. | 完全正确 还省得我再读那本书了 |
[00:35] | What’s going on over there? | 你在那儿出什么状况了? |
[00:37] | I don’t know. I gotta see somebody. | 我不知道,我得去看医生了 |
[00:45] | So, Marcy, you should have seen me in the hot tub today. | 那么,玛茜 你今天该来看我光着身子在热浴盆里的样子 |
[00:49] | – Why? – I was naked. | – 怎么这样说? – 当时我光着身子啊 |
[00:51] | – Oh, George. – I saw it. | – 噢,乔治 – 我看见了的 |
[00:53] | – How’d he look? – Okay. I wouldn’t see it again. | – 他看起来怎么样? – 那我可说了,我再也不会看第二眼 |
[00:57] | A friend of mine thought she got Legionnaires’ disease in a hot tub. | 我的一个朋友认为她因长期泡热浴 患上了一种叫军团病的肺病 |
[01:01] | Really, what happened? | 是吗?那是怎么回事? |
[01:02] | Yada, yada, yada. Just some bad egg salad. | 吖哒,吖哒,吖哒 只是类似臭蛋色拉一样的坏事而已 |
[01:04] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[01:09] | – Nice girl. – Lovely. | – 不错的女孩 – 很可爱 |
[01:11] | I notice she’s big on the phrase, “Yada, yada.” | 我发现她很爱用“吖哒,吖哒” (美语用来刻意忽略某段话的短语) |
[01:13] | – Is “yada yada” bad? – No, “yada yada”‘s good. | – “吖哒吖哒”不好吗? – 不是,“吖哒吖哒”很不错 |
[01:15] | – She’s very succinct. – She is succinct. | – 她用词很简洁 – 确实很简洁 |
[01:18] | Yeah, it’s like you’re dating USA Today. | 同她交往 就好像在跟《今日美国》约会一样 |
[01:21] | – Hey. – Hey, Tim. | – 嘿 – 嘿!提姆! |
[01:23] | – George, you know Tim Whatley. – Yeah, dentist to the stars. | – 乔治你认识提姆.沃特利的吧 – 那是,牙医中的明星嘛 |
[01:26] | – What’s up? – I’ll tell you what’s up. I’m a Jew. | – 今天怎么样? – 我告诉你今天怎样了,我是个犹太人了 |
[01:31] | – Excuse me? – I’m a Jew. | – 抱歉你说什么? – 我是个犹太人 |
[01:32] | I finished converting two days ago. | 两天前我皈依犹太教了 |
[01:35] | Oh, well, welcome aboard. | 这样啊,欢迎来到美国 |
[01:40] | – Thanks. So I’ll see you tomorrow? – Yeah, I have a cavity, lower left. | – 谢谢,我们约的是明天吧? – 对,我左边的下牙床有了个窟窿 |
[01:43] | – Were you just at the health club? – Oh, yeah. | – 你现在还去那个健康俱乐部吗? – 是的,没错 |
[01:46] | – We must have just missed you. – I didn’t do much. | – 那我们刚刚肯定是错过你了 – 我不大运动 |
[01:48] | I just sat in the sauna. | – 只是在那洗桑拿 |
[01:50] | You know, it was more like a Jewish workout. | 你知道,那更像犹太人的健身方式 |
[01:52] | I’ll see you. | 明天见啦! |
[01:59] | Elaine, the guy’s Jewish two days. He’s already making Jewish jokes. | 伊莲,那家伙才当了两天犹太人 都开始说犹太笑话了 |
[02:03] | So what? When someone turns 21, they usually get drunk the first night. | 那有什么,年轻人刚满21岁的头一个晚上 通常都是喝得烂醉 |
[02:08] | Booze is not a religion. | 喝酒可跟宗教不一样 |
[02:10] | Tell that to my father. | 你该跟我爸爸说这个去 |
[02:12] | Anyway, guess what. Beth Lookner called me. | 不管怎样,你猜怎么了 贝思・卢克纳给我打电话了 |
[02:15] | Beth Lookner. I’m still waiting out that marriage. | 贝思・卢克纳?我还在耐心地等着她离婚呢 |
[02:19] | What are you talking about? That marriage ended six months ago. | 你在说什么呢? 那段婚姻六个月前就都已经结束了 |
[02:22] | She’s already remarried. | 她都已经再婚了 |
[02:24] | Where was I? | 当时我干啥呢?! |
[02:27] | It was when you were engaged. | 就在你你订婚那时候 |
[02:28] | Oh, I gotta get on that Internet. I’m late on everything. | 我得多上上网 我怎么总是这么滞后呢? |
[02:33] | Anyway, so Beth and her new husband, Arnie… | 然后,贝思 和她的新丈夫,阿尼… |
[02:36] | …have listed me as a reference for an adoption agency. | …请我去领养局为他们做一个 符合领养条件的证明 |
[02:39] | They’re trying to get a baby. | 他们想要个小孩 |
[02:41] | Oh, God, a baby. That can add two years to a marriage. | 天哪,小孩,那会使离婚又多拖上两年的 |
[02:46] | Hey. Elaine, all right. | 嘿!伊莲!好了 |
[02:48] | Who looks better in this shirt, me or Mickey? | 来看看我俩谁穿这件衬衫更合适 是我,还是米奇? |
[02:51] | We’re double-dating tonight. | 今天我们有个双对约会 |
[02:53] | If we wear the same shirt, we’ll look like idiots. | 要是我们俩穿一样的衣服的话 会看起来像两个傻瓜的 |
[02:56] | Turn around. | 转个圈看看 |
[03:04] | Well, you’re both so striking. | 你们俩穿这个都很让人过目难忘 |
[03:07] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 你觉得这事怎样? |
[03:08] | We just picked up two women at The Gap. | 我们刚在Gap网站上挑选了两个女孩来约会 |
[03:11] | How did you decide which one of you would date which girl? | 那你们是怎么决定 你们分别跟哪个女孩约会呢? |
[03:21] | So I’m on Third Avenue, minding my own business and yada, yada, yada. | 于是我在第三大道上,考虑我的生意 然后吖哒吖哒吖哒 |
[03:25] | I get a free massage and a facial. | 我就得到了一次免费的推拿跟面部按摩 |
[03:29] | What a succinct story. | 这故事真简练 |
[03:32] | So I’m surprised you drive a Cadillac. | 我很好奇 你居然开了一辆凯迪拉克 |
[03:34] | Oh, it’s not mine. It’s my mother’s. | 噢,这不是我的,是我妈妈的 |
[03:38] | Are you close with your parents? | 你和你父母平时亲近吗? |
[03:40] | Well, they gave birth to me and yada, yada. | 他们给了我生命 然后吖哒吖哒 |
[03:44] | Yada what? | 吖哒什么? |
[03:45] | Yada, yada, yada. | 吖哒,吖哒,吖哒 |
[03:57] | It’s a nice place. | 这地方不错 |
[03:59] | Really nice. | 确实不错 |
[04:02] | – I like your shirt. – Oh, thank you. | – 我喜欢你的衬衣 – 噢,谢谢 |
[04:04] | It’s a hundred percent cotton. And some wool. | 这是百分百纯棉的 还有一些羊绒成分 |
[04:10] | Well, you two seem to have the same taste. | 你们俩品味很相似啊 |
[04:14] | – Well, I like it too. – Oh, well, I have the same shirt. | – 噢,我也喜欢这衬衣 – 是吗?我有件跟这一样的衬衣 |
[04:17] | Yeah, well, I’m wearing it. | 没错,我正穿着呢 |
[04:21] | Well, I like your shirt too. | 我也喜欢你的衬衣 |
[04:23] | Well, so do I. | 我也是 |
[04:31] | Did I mention I’m a serious actor? | 我提过我是一名认真的演员吗? |
[04:33] | – Really? – I enjoy polo. | – 是吗? – 我喜欢打马球 |
[04:38] | I like the beach. | 我喜欢海滨 |
[04:40] | My aunt has been ill of late. | 我婶婶最近生病了 |
[04:44] | I own a tuxedo. | 我有件无尾礼服 |
[04:48] | Anything to drink? Some wine perhaps? | 喝点什么吗? 来点酒如何? |
[04:50] | – I like merlot. – I love merlot. | – 我喜欢喝美乐葡萄酒 – 我爱喝美乐 |
[04:52] | – I’m crazy about merlot. – I live for merlot. | – 我为美乐疯狂 – 我为美乐而生 |
[04:56] | We’re out of merlot. | 美乐卖光了 |
[05:04] | We’ll clear out for your interview. | 你为我们作证明的时候我们得回避了 |
[05:05] | – Okay. – Make us sound good. | – 好的 – 把我们说得好一点哦 |
[05:07] | – Oh, come on. – Bye. | – 不用我说你们就很好 – 再见 |
[05:09] | – Bye, Beth. Bye, Arnie. – Bye. | – 再见,贝思,再见,阿尼 – 再见 |
[05:13] | Nice people. | 不错的夫妇 |
[05:15] | So you know Beth and Arnie pretty well? | 那么你很了解贝思和阿尼喽? |
[05:18] | Oh, yeah, yeah. | 哦,是的,很了解 |
[05:20] | Do you socialize with them often? | 你常常跟他们交往吗? |
[05:21] | Yeah, yeah, we go out to dinner a lot… | 是的,是的 我们常一起出去吃饭 |
[05:23] | …usually Chinese. Well, sometimes Thai. | 经常吃中国菜 嗯,有时候也吃泰国菜 |
[05:29] | And we go to the movies. Arnie’s a real film buff. | 我们也常去看电影 阿尼可是个不折不扣的电影迷 |
[05:34] | Actually, I remember this one time. | 真的,我想起有一次 |
[05:37] | This is funny. | 太有趣了 |
[05:39] | We went to see the movie Striptease. | 我们去看电影《脱衣舞》 |
[05:42] | I don’t know if you’ve seen it. It doesn’t matter. Anyway. | 不知道你看过没有 当然这没啥关系 |
[05:46] | And it was during the opening credits… | 是在放片头字幕的时候 |
[05:48] | …it was before the movie even started. | 电影都还没开始 |
[05:50] | And I was whispering something to Beth… | 我正小声跟贝思说话呢 |
[05:53] | …and Arnie leans over to me and he goes, “Would you shut up?” | 阿尼突然靠过来,大叫: “你能不能闭嘴!” |
[05:59] | I mean, he barely even knew me. Where did he get off…? | 我是说,他几乎不认识我 他到底为什么这样… |
[06:13] | But they’re great people. | 但是,他们还是很不错的夫妇 |
[06:21] | You’re in here. | 你在这儿呢 |
[06:23] | – What are you doing here? – I knew you had an appointment. | – 你来这干嘛? – 我知道你今天有个约诊呀 |
[06:26] | Well, this is very awkward. | 哦,这让我很尴尬 |
[06:29] | I’ll leave when the guy comes in. | 那家伙来了我就走 |
[06:31] | Hey, I gotta tell you. I am loving this yada yada thing. | 嘿,我和你说 我爱死了“吖哒吖哒”这种说法 |
[06:34] | You know, I can gloss over my whole life story. | 这样我就能掩盖我的一生了 |
[06:37] | – Look at that. – Hey, don’t play with that. | – 噢,那是什么? – 别玩这个行吗? |
[06:40] | That’s going in my mouth. | 一会它要放到我嘴里去的 |
[06:42] | – What is this thing? – All right. That’s enough. | – 那这又是什么? – 好啦好啦,别玩了 |
[06:45] | – Just get going. Get out of here. – All right. | – 你快走吧,快出去 – 那好吧 |
[06:47] | – Hey, Tim. Quick question. – Hey. | – 嘿,提姆!问你个小问题! – 嘿! |
[06:49] | Is it normal for your teeth to make noises… | 对你来说,牙齿发出类似… |
[06:52] | …like a hissing or a chirping? | …嘶嘶或唧唧的声音正常吗? |
[06:54] | George. | 乔治 |
[06:57] | Fine, I’ll make an appointment. | 好吧,我会先预约再来的 |
[07:00] | All right. It is cavity time. | 那现在是齿洞时间啦 |
[07:08] | Here we go. | 开始啦 |
[07:10] | Reminds me, you hear the one about the rabbi… | 提醒我了,你听说过那个说犹太学者… |
[07:12] | …and the farmer’s daughter, huh? | …跟农夫的女儿的故事吧? |
[07:17] | “Those aren’t matzo balls.” | “那些不是汤团!” |
[07:21] | – What? – Tim, do you think you should be… | – 什么? – 提姆,你认为你一定要… |
[07:23] | …making jokes like that? | …像那样开玩笑吗? |
[07:24] | Why not? I’m Jewish. Remember? | 为什么不呢?我是个犹太人,记得吗? |
[07:27] | – I know, but… – Jerry, it’s our sense of humor… | – 我知道,可… – 杰瑞,这就是我们犹太人的幽默… |
[07:31] | …that sustained us as a people for 3000 years. | …是它让我们的种族延续3000年 |
[07:35] | – Five thousand. – Five thousand, even better. | – 是5000年 – 那就5000年,更好 |
[07:40] | Okay. Chrissy… | 好的,克莉茜… |
[07:43] | …give me a shtickl of fluoride. | …给我一点氟化物 (用了犹太口音) |
[07:50] | And then he asked the assistant for a shtickl of fluoride. | 然后他用犹太口音向助手要了一点氟化物 |
[07:54] | Why are you so concerned about this? | 你为什么这么在意这个呢? |
[07:57] | I’ll tell you why. | 我来告诉你原因 |
[07:58] | Because I believe Whatley converted to Judaism just for the jokes. | 因为我相信沃特利转信犹太教 就是为了那些笑话 |
[08:06] | – Hello. – Would you be interested… | – 你好! – 请问你有兴趣… |
[08:08] | … in a subscription to the New York Times? | …订阅《纽约时报》吗? |
[08:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[08:18] | – Well, I don’t believe that. – If you’d got in the back seat… | – 我不相信 – 要是你坐在后座上了的话… |
[08:21] | …we could’ve figured this out. | …我们就能把这弄清楚了 |
[08:22] | Well, why were you holding the door open for? | 那你为什么要把车门打开不关呢? |
[08:25] | Not for you. Who holds a door open for a man? | 不是给你开着的,谁给一个男的开车门? |
[08:28] | Well, I thought it was a nice gesture, but I guess I was wrong. | 我当时觉得你在对我表示礼貌 但我猜我想错了 |
[08:33] | Let’s just put their names in a hat. | 让我们把她们的名字放到帽子里 |
[08:35] | I don’t even know their names. | 我都不知道她们叫什么名字 |
[08:38] | Look, why don’t you take the one on the left? | 那你为什么不选左边的那个呢? |
[08:40] | – I’m not sure she’s my type. – Oh, everybody’s your type. | – 我不确定她是不是我想要的那类型 – 噢,任何人都是你想要的那类型 |
[08:44] | What the hell does that mean? | 那到底是个什么意思? |
[08:45] | – You’ve been married three times. – That’s it. It’s go time. | – 你已经离了三次婚了 – 够了,你在找打吗? |
[08:48] | – All right. Take it easy. Easy, easy. – Hey, hey, hey! | – 好了,你冷静点,冷静,冷静 – 嘿!嘿,嘿! |
[08:51] | No, come on, let him go. You wanna throw? Let’s throw! | 不,你来啊,让他来 你想打架吗?来打啊! |
[08:54] | Hey, hey! Hold on a second. | 嘿!嘿!冷静一秒钟! |
[09:01] | All right, look. I got an idea. | 行了,瞧吧,我有主意了 |
[09:03] | Why don’t you just show up early for your next date… | 你们为什么不在下次约会时去早点… |
[09:06] | …sit across from each other and see who the girls sit next to. | …两人斜对坐着 看看她们选择坐在谁的旁边 |
[09:12] | – That’s not bad. – All right. So we let the girls decide. | – 这主意不坏 – 好吧,让姑娘们决定吧 |
[09:15] | Yeah, why should we knock ourselves out? | 为什么我们要自相残杀呢? |
[09:17] | – I wanna wear that shirt next time. – No one wears the shirt next time. | – 下次换我穿那件衬衫给她们看了 – 下次都别穿那件衬衫 |
[09:21] | – Right, because they already saw it. – We’ll look like idiots. | – 没错她们都看过你穿了 – 要是你穿我们会像傻瓜一样的 |
[09:25] | Well, we… We were engaged to be married. | 那时我们…我们订婚了 |
[09:30] | We bought the wedding invitations and… | 我们买了婚礼请柬,还… |
[09:34] | …yada, yada, yada. I’m still single. | …吖哒吖哒吖哒,如今我还是单身 |
[09:38] | So, what’s she doing now? | 那她现在怎么样了? |
[09:41] | Yada. | 吖哒 |
[09:43] | – I get it. – I love talking to you. | – 我明白了 – 我真喜欢跟你说话 |
[09:47] | Me too. So speaking of exes… | 我也是,既然说到以前的对象… |
[09:51] | …my old boyfriend came over late last night… | …我旧男朋友昨晚很晚来找我… |
[09:53] | …and yada, yada, yada. Anyway, I’m really tired today. | …然后吖哒吖哒吖哒 于是,今天我很累 |
[10:09] | Beth, Arnie, hi. What’s up? | 贝思,阿尼,嗨,这是怎么了? |
[10:13] | Well, our adoption application was denied. | 我们的领养申请被驳回了 |
[10:16] | – Really? – The adoption agent seems to feel… | – 是吗? – 领养局的人可能觉得… |
[10:19] | …that Arnie has a violent temper. | …阿尼的脾气太暴躁了 |
[10:23] | So we’re just asking our friends… | 所以我们想去问问我们的朋友们… |
[10:25] | …what they may have said to the adoption agent. | …她们大概都向领养局说了些什么 |
[10:28] | Well, I… | 哦,我… |
[10:31] | You know, I just told them what kind people you are… | 你们知道,我只是跟他们说你们是好人… |
[10:36] | …and how Arnie’s a big movie buff… | …还有阿尼是个电影迷… |
[10:39] | …and yada, yada, yada. That is it. | …还有吖哒吖哒吖哒,就这些 |
[10:47] | How you doing? | 你怎么了? |
[10:49] | I have some discomfort in my molar. | 我的臼齿有点不舒服 |
[10:51] | You like Tootsie Rolls, don’t you? | 你很喜欢可可软糖吧,是吗? |
[10:54] | Father Curtis, why don’t you come in? | 克提斯神父 进来吧 |
[10:57] | Father Curtis, good guy. Oh, which reminds me. | 克提斯神父,好人一个 噢,让我想起来 |
[11:00] | Did you hear the one about the pope and Raquel Welch on the lifeboat? | 你听过那个教皇和拉奎尔・韦尔奇 在同一艘救生船上的故事吗? |
[11:05] | I’ll tell you later. | 待会儿我再给你讲 |
[11:08] | Whatley. | 沃特利! |
[11:14] | What are they doing here? | 她们怎么都在那儿了? |
[11:16] | Told you we should’ve gotten here early. | 早跟你说我们得早点来 |
[11:17] | All right. Okay, now what are we going to do? | 好吧,没事的,那我们现在怎么做? |
[11:20] | All right. Don’t panic. | 好的,别惊慌 |
[11:21] | Let’s just decide now. Which one do you want? | 那我们现在决定吧 你选择哪一个? |
[11:25] | – I’ll take Julie. – I knew you wanted her. | – 我选朱莉 – 我知道你会选她的 |
[11:27] | – That’s who I wanted. – All right. I’ll take Karen. | – 朱莉正是我想要的 – 那好吧,那我选卡蕊吧 |
[11:29] | No, you think I’m falling for that? I’ll take Karen. | 不,你认为我会中你计吗? 我要选卡蕊 |
[11:32] | Fine. I’ll take Julie. | 那行,那我选朱莉 |
[11:34] | All right. Which one is Julie? | 好了,那哪一个是朱莉呢? |
[11:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:42] | – Why don’t we just grab a chair? – You first. | – 要不我们选张椅子坐? – 你先 |
[11:44] | No, you first. | 不,你先 |
[11:47] | – How you doing? – Good evening. | – 你们好 – 晚上好 |
[11:56] | Stop. | 别拽我 |
[12:03] | Well, you ladies look lovely tonight. | 噢,你们今晚真迷人 |
[12:13] | So Whatley says to me, “Hey, I can make Catholic jokes. | 于是沃特利对我说: “嘿,我能开天主教的玩笑 |
[12:16] | I used to be Catholic.” | 因为我曾经也是天主教徒” |
[12:18] | Now, see, I don’t think it is a Catholic joke. | 瞧,我不认为这是个天主教笑话 |
[12:20] | I think it’s more of a Raquel Welch joke. | 我觉得这更像是个拉奎尔・韦尔奇笑话 |
[12:22] | What was it? “No, I said, ‘Hand me the buoys.”‘ | 怎么说来着?“不,我说: ‘给我那个浮标’” |
[12:32] | “Buoys.” | “浮标” |
[12:35] | Don’t you see what Whatley is after? | 你没发现沃特利到底为的是什么吗? |
[12:38] | Total joke-telling immunity. | 完全就是讲所有笑话的豁免权 |
[12:40] | He’s already got the big two religions covered. | 他已经能说这两大教派的笑话了 |
[12:42] | If he ever gets Polish citizenship, there’ll be no stopping him. | 一旦他获得波兰的公民身份 讲起笑话来他就更加肆无忌惮了 |
[12:46] | So, what are you going to do? | 那么,你要怎么做呢? |
[12:47] | I think this Father Curtis might be very interested to hear… | 我想克提斯神父 大概会非常乐意听到… |
[12:50] | …what Whatley has the pope doing with Raquel Welch. | …沃特利讲的教皇和拉奎尔・韦尔奇的故事 |
[12:55] | Hey, Beth, Arnie, it’s Elaine. | 嘿,贝思,阿尼,我是伊莲 |
[12:58] | Thought you guys might wanna have lunch. Give me a call. Bye. | 我猜你们大概想去吃午饭了吧 给我打电话,再见 |
[13:01] | They’re not getting a baby, so you’re taking them to lunch. | 他们没能有小孩 于是你就带他们去吃午饭 |
[13:05] | I thought it would be nice. | 我想这样好点 |
[13:07] | – Poor Beth. – Hey, Arnie’s just as upset. | – 可怜的贝思 – 嘿,阿尼也一样很苦恼 |
[13:10] | Oh, screw him. | 噢,管他呢 |
[13:12] | Listen to this. | 听听这个 |
[13:14] | Marcy comes over, tells me her ex-boyfriend was over late last night… | 玛茜来过,和我说 她的前男友昨晚很晚去找她… |
[13:17] | …and “Yada, yada, yada, I’m really tired today.” | …然后“吖哒吖哒吖哒 于是,今天我很累” |
[13:23] | – What do you think she’s tired from? – Well, obviously the yada yada. | – 你们认为她为什么累呢? – 很明显是因为那吖哒吖哒 |
[13:28] | You don’t think she’d yada yada sex? | 你们不认为她吖哒吖哒做爱了吗? |
[13:31] | I’ve yada yada-ed sex. | 我做过吖哒吖哒的爱 |
[13:34] | – Really? – Yeah. I met this lawyer. | – 是吗? – 是的,我遇见了那个律师 |
[13:36] | We went out to dinner. I had the lobster bisque. | 我们出去吃饭 我要了龙虾羹 |
[13:38] | We went back to my place. Yada, yada, yada… | 然后我们回到我的住处 吖哒吖哒吖哒… |
[13:40] | …I never heard from him again. | …我就再没有听说他的消息了 |
[13:45] | But you yada yada-ed over the best part. | 但是你吖哒吖哒掉了最重要的部分 |
[13:47] | No, I mentioned the bisque. | 不啊,我提到了那龙虾羹的 |
[13:54] | Well, I gotta do something. | 我得去做点什么 |
[13:59] | Well, I gotta do something. | 我得去做点什么 |
[14:01] | George is already in there. | 乔治已经在里面了 |
[14:06] | No, Mickey and I. We can’t work it out. | 不,米奇和我 我们俩没法解决这事 |
[14:08] | You know, I’m thinking of asking that Karen out by myself. She’s the one. | 你知道吗,我正考虑自己去和卡蕊约会 就是她了 |
[14:12] | You were leaning towards Julie. | 你原来喜欢的好像是朱莉 |
[14:14] | Well, I was. But the one I thought was Julie turned out to be Karen. | 没错,但我以为叫朱莉的那个其实是卡蕊 |
[14:20] | Well, it was a hell of a yada yada. | 哦,这简直是一场混乱的吖哒吖哒 |
[14:22] | He’s moving to Seattle. He wanted to say goodbye. | 他打算搬去西雅图 他想说声再见 |
[14:25] | I was just getting out of the shower and yada, yada, yada… | 我刚从淋浴出来 然后吖哒吖哒… |
[14:28] | All right. Enough. Enough. | 好了,够了,够了 |
[14:29] | From now on, no more yada yadas. Just give me the full story. | 从现在起,别再说吖哒吖哒 跟我完整地说这个故事 |
[14:34] | Okay. Well… | 那好吧,那… |
[14:37] | …when I got out of the shower, I was dripping… | …当时我从淋浴出来 我浑身都湿了… |
[14:39] | Not that story. Another story. | 不是这个故事,是另一个 |
[14:42] | Tell me about the free facial. | 跟我说那个免费按摩的故事 |
[14:45] | Okay, well, like I said, I was on Third Avenue… | 好的,就像我所说的 我在第三大道上… |
[14:49] | …and I stopped by a large department store. | …停在一座大型百货大楼边 |
[14:51] | – Which one? – Bloomingdale’s. | – 哪一座? – 布鲁明黛百货 |
[14:53] | Very good. Go on. | 很好,继续 |
[14:56] | – And… Oh, I stole a Piaget watch. – What’s that? | – 然后…我偷了块伯爵牌手表 – 什么? |
[15:01] | And then I was on such a high… | 然后我觉得特别兴奋… |
[15:04] | …that I went upstairs to the salon on the fifth floor… | …于是我去了五层的美容沙龙… |
[15:07] | …and got a massage and a facial and skipped out on the bill. | …享受了推拿和面部按摩之后逃单了 |
[15:19] | Shoplifting. | 店内行窃 |
[15:20] | Well, what about you? You told me that you were engaged. | 那你的故事呢? 你跟我说过你订了婚的 |
[15:24] | What was the rest of that? | 剩下的故事呢? |
[15:36] | Excuse me, Mother? | 打扰了,修女嬷嬷? |
[15:38] | – Sister. | – Sister. Right. – 姐姐 – 对,修女姐姐 |
[15:40] | Do you know when Father Curtis has office hours? | 你知道克提斯神父什么时候有空吗? |
[15:43] | Well, not until tomorrow. | 哦,到明天才有 |
[15:45] | I really need to speak with him. | 我很需要对他倾诉下 |
[16:13] | You know, that’s a kneeler. | 你知道吗,那是个跪垫 |
[16:22] | Tell me your sins, my son. | 告诉我你犯下的罪行吧,我的孩子 |
[16:24] | Well, I should mention that I’m Jewish. | 我得先申明下我是个犹太人 |
[16:26] | – Oh, that’s no sin. – Oh, good. | – 噢,那不是罪行 – 哦,太好了 |
[16:31] | Anyway, I wanted to talk to you about Dr. Whatley. | 不管怎样,我想跟你说说 沃特利医生的事 |
[16:34] | I have a suspicion… | 我怀疑… |
[16:35] | …that he’s converted to Judaism purely for the jokes. | …他皈依犹太教纯粹是为了说笑话 |
[16:40] | And this offends you as a Jewish person? | 而这一点冒犯了你这个犹太人了? |
[16:42] | No, it offends me as a comedian. | 不是,他冒犯了我这个喜剧演员了 |
[16:52] | And it’ll interest you to know that he’s also telling Catholic jokes. | 你肯定对他还讲天主教笑话很有兴趣的 |
[16:57] | – Well… – And, I mean, they’re old jokes. | – 呃… – 我是说,他讲的都是些老笑话 |
[17:00] | I mean, the pope and Raquel Welch in a lifeboat. | 我是说,比如 教皇和拉杰尔・韦尔奇在救生船上的笑话 |
[17:04] | I haven’t heard that one. | 我没听过这个呀 |
[17:09] | Oh, I’m sure you have. They’re out on the ocean… | 你肯定听过的 他们在海上… |
[17:11] | …and yada, yada, yada and she… | …然后吖哒吖哒吖哒…… |
[17:14] | And she says, “Those aren’t buoys.” | 然后她说:“那些不是浮标” |
[17:24] | – Father. – One second. | – 神父 – 等一秒钟 |
[17:30] | Well, if it would make you feel better, I could speak to Dr. Whatley. | 如果能让你感觉好点的话 我会跟沃特利医生说说的 |
[17:33] | I have to go back and have a wisdom tooth removed. | 我还有颗智牙得上他那去拔 |
[17:36] | Good luck. You know the difference… | 祝你好运 你知道… |
[17:38] | …between a dentist and a sadist, don’t you? | …牙医和施虐狂的区别,不是吗? |
[17:41] | Newer magazines. | 新杂志上说的 |
[17:47] | That’s funny. | 很有趣 |
[17:49] | Now if you would excuse me. | 现在我恐怕要失陪了 |
[17:53] | Jerry, I gotta talk to you. | 杰瑞,我得和你谈谈 |
[18:06] | – Hi. – Hi, Kramer. | – 嗨 – 嗨,克莱默 |
[18:09] | Got a minute? | 有空吗? |
[18:11] | Actually, my parents are over, but would you like to meet them? | 其实,我父母来了 不过你想见见他们吗? |
[18:14] | – Yeah. – Mom, Dad. | – 好啊 – 妈妈,爸爸 |
[18:17] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[18:27] | Elaine, I have to ask you about something. | 伊莲,我得问你点事儿 |
[18:30] | – What? – The yada yada. | – 什么事? – 那个吖哒吖哒 |
[18:32] | – Yada yada? – What exactly happened down there? | – 吖哒吖哒? – 当时你到底说了什么? |
[18:37] | Well, I don’t know. I mean, I talked to him… | 噢,我不知道 我是说,我和他谈着… |
[18:41] | …and blah, blah, blah. He asked about you guys and: | …然后卜拉卜拉卜拉 他问我你们的情况还有… |
[18:46] | More questions. Blah, blah, blah. | 更多的问题,卜拉,卜拉,卜拉 |
[18:50] | All right. Shut up. | 够了,闭嘴 |
[18:52] | Shut up? Again you are telling me to shut up? | 闭嘴?你又叫我闭嘴? |
[18:55] | – What? – You yelled at me… | – 什么? – 那次看电影的时候… |
[18:57] | …that time at the movies. | …你冲我大吼大叫 |
[18:59] | That’s why you’re not getting the baby. | 那就是为什么你们没能得到小孩 |
[19:03] | And you told that to the adoption guy? | 你把这跟领养局说了? |
[19:06] | – Slipped out. – Oh, God. | – 不小心说的 – 噢,天哪 |
[19:09] | What am I gonna tell Beth? | 我要怎么跟贝思说呢? |
[19:12] | Well, Arnie, look, I’ll go down and talk to this adoption guy… | 好了,阿尼,我会到领养局… |
[19:16] | …and make sure it all gets straightened out. | …并确保把一切都说清楚的 |
[19:18] | – Just don’t screw it up this time! – See, again you’re yelling. | -这次别再搞砸了! – 看,你又大吼大叫了 |
[19:23] | Not a fan of the yelling. | 我可不喜欢大吼大叫的家伙 |
[19:33] | Are you about done? | 你快弄完了吧? |
[19:35] | Oh, I’m just getting warmed up. | 噢,我这才刚刚开始热身呢 |
[19:39] | Because I’m just a sadist with newer magazines. | 因为杂志上说我是个施虐狂 |
[19:45] | Father Curtis told me your little joke. I really didn’t appreciate it. | 克提斯神父跟我讲你的小笑话 我真不是很欣赏这个笑话 |
[19:49] | Well, what about all your Jewish jokes? | 那你的犹太笑话呢? |
[19:52] | I’m Jewish. You’re not a dentist. | 我是犹太人,而你不是个牙医 |
[19:56] | You have no idea what my people have been through. | 你根本不知道我的人民经历了什么 |
[20:02] | – The Jews? – No, the dentists. | – 犹太人? – 不是,牙医 |
[20:06] | You know, we have the highest suicide rate of any profession. | 你知道吗 我们的自杀率是所有职业中最高的 |
[20:09] | Is that why it’s so hard to get an appointment? | 这就是为什么预约牙医这么难吗? |
[20:15] | So I’ll… I’ll see you tonight, huh? Okay. | 那就…今晚见吧?好的! |
[20:21] | – Date with Karen? – No, Julie. | – 跟卡蕊约会? – 不是,是朱莉 |
[20:24] | – She’s the one. – What happened to Karen? | – 她才是我想要的 – 那卡蕊怎么了? |
[20:26] | Well, Mickey and her have more in common. Her parents are little people. | 嗯,米奇跟她的共同点比较多 她的的父母也是矮人 |
[20:30] | Oh, small world. | 噢,这世界真小 |
[20:33] | So little people can have “non-little-people” children? | 那么矮人也可以生出“非矮人”的子女的? |
[20:36] | Oh, yeah, and vice versa. | 对,是的,反之亦然 |
[20:38] | Yeah, Mother Nature’s a mad scientist, Jerry. | 是啊,自然母亲真是个 疯狂的科学家,杰瑞 |
[20:42] | So you won’t believe what happened with Whatley. | 你是不会相信沃特利干了什么的 |
[20:44] | It got back to him that I made this little dentist joke and he got all offended. | 我到他那复诊了,开了个牙医的小玩笑 他就觉得完全被冒犯了 |
[20:49] | Those people can be so touchy. | 那种人总是那么小心眼 |
[20:51] | – “Those people.” Listen to yourself. – What? | – “那种人”,听听你自己说了什么 – 什么? |
[20:56] | You think that dentists are so different from me and you? | 你认为牙医是跟你我不同的人吗? |
[21:00] | They came to this country just like everybody else in search of a dream. | 他们像其他任何人一样,来到我们的国家 是为了追求梦想 |
[21:04] | – Whatley’s from Jersey. – Yes, and now… | – 沃特利是新泽西州的 – 是的,而现在… |
[21:07] | …he’s a full-fledged American. | …他成了一个资格充分的美国人了 |
[21:09] | Kramer, he’s just a dentist. | 克莱默,他只是个牙医 |
[21:11] | Yeah, and you’re an anti-dentite. | 是啊,你就是个反牙医者 |
[21:17] | I am not an anti-dentite. | 我不是个反牙医者 |
[21:19] | You’re a rabid anti-dentite. | 你是个狂热的反牙医者 |
[21:23] | Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs: | 开始就是一些笑话和诋毁的称呼: |
[21:25] | “Hey, denty.” | “嘿,拔牙的” |
[21:28] | Next thing you know, you’re saying they should have their own schools. | 接下来你会说应该给他们设立特殊的学校了 |
[21:31] | – They do have their own schools. – Yeah, yeah, yeah! | – 他们确实是有自己的学校啊 – 看看看 |
[21:36] | Oh, come on. One little baby, whatever you have in stock. | 噢,拜托,就一个小孩 随便你们库存着的哪个都行 |
[21:42] | – Miss Benes, please. – Lookit, lookit, Brian. | – 贝尼丝小姐,别这样 – 听着,听着,布林 |
[21:45] | These people are getting a baby, period. | 这俩人会得到一个孩子,结了 |
[21:50] | Now, we can do this the easy way… | 现在,我们不妨用简单的方式解决问题… |
[21:54] | …or we can do this… | …或者我们能… |
[21:59] | …the fun way. | …换一种有趣的方式 |
[22:11] | I’m sorry to bother you. But you always said… | 很抱歉打搅你 但是你常常说… |
[22:13] | …you’d be there for me. – What’s wrong? | – …你会一直等我的 – 怎么了? |
[22:15] | – I’m thinking of leaving Arnie. – Talk to me. | – 我在想要不要离开阿尼 – 仔细说说 |
[22:20] | He met with Elaine, and I asked him what happened. | 他见了伊莲 我问他是怎么回事 |
[22:23] | And he yada yada-ed me. | 可是他用吖哒吖哒回答我 |
[22:26] | Could they be having an affair? | 他们可能有绯闻吗? |
[22:28] | I wouldn’t put anything past anybody. | 我觉得任何事情都有可能 |
[22:30] | But we just got married. | 但是我们才刚刚结婚 |
[22:32] | Well, obviously, that was a mistake. | 好的,很显然,这婚姻是个错误 |
[22:34] | You need to forget about Arnie. The important thing is you’re moving on. | 你需要忘记阿尼 重要的是你是在一直前进的 |
[22:39] | Why would Elaine do that to me? | 为什么伊莲那样对我呢 |
[22:41] | Forget about Elaine. Let’s just focus on us. | 忘了伊莲吧 我们只关心我俩的事 |
[22:44] | – Come on, big hug. – Hey, Jerry. | – 来吧,大大拥抱下 – 嘿,杰瑞 |
[22:46] | Where’s Kramer? I’ve got exciting news. | 克莱默在哪? 我有个振奋人心的好消息 |
[22:48] | – I’m in the middle of something. – Karen and I are getting married. | – 我这正有要紧事呢 – 卡蕊和我要结婚了 |
[22:51] | Oh, congratulations. Her marriage just fell apart. | 噢,祝贺你 她的婚姻刚刚支离破碎了 |
[22:55] | – How many is that for you? – Two. | – 破碎了几次了? – 两次 |
[22:58] | You’re a lightweight. Come on, honey. | 你这还算少的 来吧,亲爱的 |
[23:08] | This church give you any ideas? | 这教堂让你有什么想法没? |
[23:13] | – Hey, Jerry. – Hey. | – 嘿,杰瑞 – 嘿 |
[23:17] | What are you doing here with Beth? | 你和贝思在一块干嘛呢? |
[23:19] | Beth and Arnie broke up. | 贝思和阿尼分手了 |
[23:22] | So they don’t want a baby? | 那么他们不想要小孩了? |
[23:33] | I think I’m gonna be sick. | 我感觉有点恶心了 |
[23:41] | Hey, where’s Marcy? | 嘿,玛茜在哪呢? |
[23:43] | She went shopping for some shoes for the wedding… | 她去购物了 买参加婚礼用的鞋子… |
[23:48] | …and yada, yada, yada, I’ll see her in six to eight months. | …然后吖哒吖哒吖哒 六到八个月后我才会再见到她 |
[23:57] | – Hey, Kramer, over here. – I’d just as soon not sit next to you. | – 嘿,克莱默,坐这儿 – 让我别坐你旁边就好 |
[24:01] | Kramer. | 克莱默 |
[24:09] | – Look, there’s Mickey and his parents. – Oh, a nice-looking family. | – 看,米奇和他的父母来了 – 多美满的家庭 |
[24:13] | Very handsome. | 很幸福 |
[24:15] | How you doing? | 你好吗? |
[24:17] | Hey, Kramer. | 嘿,克莱默 |
[24:27] | You must be so proud. | 你一定很骄傲吧 |
[24:29] | We never thought he’d settle down. | 我们从没想过他能成个家安定下来 |
[24:31] | Well, not again. | 对了,是没想到能再次 |
[24:36] | Oh, Mickey. Excuse me. I can’t take this. | 米奇,很抱歉 我没法看下去这情景 |
[24:46] | Hi, Mr. Abbott. | 嗨,艾伯特先生 |
[24:49] | That’s Dr. Abbott, D.D.S. | 是艾伯特医生,牙科医生 |
[24:53] | Tim Whatley was one of my students. | 提姆・沃特利是我的学生 |
[24:56] | And if this wasn’t my son’s wedding day… | 要不是今天是我儿子的婚礼… |
[24:58] | …I’d knock your teeth out, you anti-dentite bastard. | …我会把你的牙齿敲下来 你这个反牙医的混蛋 |
[25:04] | What was that all about? | 这到底是怎么回事? |
[25:06] | Oh, I said something about dentists, and it got blown all out of proportion. | 我说过一些关于牙医的话 现在这些话的意思膨胀变形了 |
[25:11] | Hey, what do you call a doctor who fails out of med school? | 嘿,你知道怎么称呼医学院里 考试没合格的医生的? |
[25:14] | – What? – A dentist. | – 叫什么? – 牙医 |
[25:18] | – That’s a good one. – Yeah. | – 这说法很不错 – 对啊 |
[25:20] | – Dentists. – Yeah, who needs them? | – 牙医 – 是啊,谁需要他们? |
[25:23] | Not to mention the blacks and the Jews. | 更别提黑人和犹太人了 |
[25:42] | – Where’s Beth? – She ran out to get her head shaved. | – 贝思在哪? – 她去剃光头了 |
[25:47] | We are gathered here today to unite this couple… | 今日我们聚集在此 来见证这对新人… |
[25:49] | …in the bonds of holy matrimony. | …神圣地结合在一起 |
[25:54] | Those wisdom teeth are tough to get out. | 那些智牙是很难拔除的 |
[25:56] | Marriage is not an institution to be entered into lightly. | 婚姻不是轻率的结合 |
[26:01] | Yada, yada, yada. I pronounce you man and wife. | 吖哒吖哒吖哒 我宣布你们结为夫妇 |
[26:18] | I really wanted you. | 我开始喜欢的是你 |