英文名称:Before Sunrise
年代:1995
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[04:03] | Do you have any idea what they were arguing about? | 你知道他们在争论些什么吗 |
[04:07] | D-Do you speak English? | 你…你会讲英文吗 |
[04:08] | Yeah. No, I’m sorry. My German is not very good. | 我会 抱歉 我的德文不太好 |
[04:17] | Have you heard that as couples get older, | 你听没听过这个说法 |
[04:19] | they lose their ability to hear each other? | 夫妻会逐渐失去听到对方声音的能力 |
[04:22] | No. | 没听说过 |
[04:23] | Well, supposedly, men lose their ability to hear higher-pitched sounds. | 据说男人会渐渐听不到高音 |
[04:28] | And women eventually lose hearing on the low end. | 而女人会渐渐听不到低音 |
[04:31] | – I guess they sort of nullify each other. – I guess. | -算是把对方屏蔽了 -算是吧 |
[04:34] | Nature’s way of allowing couples | 大自然就是这么让伴侣们 |
[04:35] | to grow old together without killing each other. | 不要杀掉对方 厮守到老的 |
[04:40] | What are you reading? | 你在读什么书 |
[04:43] | Ah, yeah. | 这本啊 |
[04:45] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[05:04] | Look, I was thinking about going to the lounge car sometime soon. | 我准备等下去餐车 |
[05:07] | – Would you like to come with me? – Yeah. | -你想和我一起去吗 -好啊 |
[05:11] | Okay. | 好的 |
[05:32] | So how do you speak such good English? | 你的英语怎么说得这么好 |
[05:34] | I went to school for a summer in Los Angeles. | 我在洛杉矶上过暑期学校 |
[05:37] | – Yeah? – It’s fine here? | -这样啊 -坐这可以吗 |
[05:38] | Yeah, this is good. | 好的 就这里吧 |
[05:40] | Then I spent some time in London. | 后来我也在伦敦待过 |
[05:45] | How do you speak such good English? | 你的英语怎么也这么好 |
[05:47] | Me? I’m American. | 我吗 我是美国人 |
[05:49] | – You’re American? – Yeah. | -你是美国人吗 -没错 |
[05:50] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[05:53] | No, I’m joking. | 好啦 我开玩笑的 |
[05:55] | I knew you were American. | 我知道你是美国人 |
[05:56] | And of course, you don’t speak any other language, right? | 你应该也不会讲其他语言了吧 |
[06:00] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. I get it, I get it. | 我懂了 我懂了 |
[06:02] | So I’m the crude, dumb, vulgar American | 所以我就是个美国大老粗 |
[06:04] | who doesn’t speak any other languages, who has no culture, right? | 不会讲外语 也没有文化底蕴 对吧 |
[06:07] | But I tried. | 但我也尝试过 |
[06:09] | I took French for four years in high school. | 我在高中学了四年法语 |
[06:11] | When I first got to Paris, I stood in line at the Metro station, | 我第一次到巴黎时 我在地铁站里排队买票 |
[06:15] | I was practicing – Une billet, s’il vous plaît.. | 我不停地练习着 请给我一张车票 |
[06:19] | – Une billet, s’il vous plaît. – Un billet. | -请给我一张车票 -是Un不是Une |
[06:20] | Un, whatever – Un – Un – | Un 好吧 是Un |
[06:23] | Un billet, s’il vous plait. Un billet, s’il vous plait. | 请给我一张车票 请给我一张车票 |
[06:26] | And I get up there and I look at this woman | 当排到我时 我与那个女人对视的一瞬间 |
[06:29] | and my mind goes completely blank. | 我的大脑突然一片空白 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1312个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:214个,六级词汇:112个,GRE词汇:112个,托福词汇:149个,考研词汇:235个,专四词汇:193个,专八词汇:41个, 所有生词标注共:413个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:30] | And I start saying, | 接着我说了英语 |
[06:31] | “Ah, listen, I need a ticket to get to, um —” You know. | “那个 我需要一张车票去…” |
[06:34] | So, anyway…. | 情况就是这样… |
[06:37] | So where are you headed? | 你要去哪儿 |
[06:39] | Well, back to Paris. My classes start next week. | 回巴黎 我下周开学 |
[06:43] | You’re still in school? Where do you go? | 所以你还在上学啊 在哪所学校 |
[06:45] | Yeah. La Sorbonne, you know? | 索邦大学 你听说过吗 |
[06:47] | Sure. | 当然 |
[06:50] | Are you coming from Budapest? | 你是从布达佩斯上车的吗 |
[06:52] | Yeah, I was visiting my grandmother. | 是的 我来探望祖母 |
[06:54] | Ah. How is she? | 她还好吗 |
[06:56] | She – She’s okay. | 她啊 她很好 |
[06:58] | – She’s all right? – She’s fine, yeah. | -身体还好吧 -挺好的 |
[07:01] | – How about you? Where are you going? – I’m going to Vienna. | -你呢 你要去哪儿 -我要去维也纳 |
[07:05] | – Vienna? What’s there? – I have no idea. | -维也纳 有什么好玩的 -我也不知道 |
[07:07] | I’m flying out of there tomorrow. | 我明天要从那里飞走 |
[07:08] | Ah. You’re on holiday? | 所以你是来度假的吗 |
[07:14] | – Uh, I don’t really know what I’m on. – Okay. | -我也不知道这算不算度假 -好吧 |
[07:17] | I’m just traveling around. | 我只是在到处旅行 |
[07:19] | I’ve been riding the trains the past two, three weeks. | 过去两三周我一直在坐火车 |
[07:21] | You were visiting friends or just on your own? | 你是来看朋友吗 还是独自旅行 |
[07:25] | You know, I had a friend in Madrid, | 我在马德里有个朋友 |
[07:26] | – but… – Madrid? That’s nice. | -只不过… -马德里 那很好啊 |
[07:28] | Yeah, I got one of those Eurail passes, is what I did. | 我买了一张欧铁通票 |
[07:31] | That’s great. | 那很棒 |
[07:33] | So, has this trip around Europe been good for you? | 这趟欧洲之行你玩得还开心吗 |
[07:37] | Yeah, sure. Yeah, it’s been… It sucked. | 当然 这一路…一点都不好玩 |
[07:40] | – You know… – What? | -其实… -真的吗 |
[07:42] | No, it’s – It hasn’t – | 其实这趟旅行…不是那么的… |
[07:44] | It’s had its… Well, I’ll tell you. You know. | 虽然也有… 我这么跟你说吧 |
[07:47] | Sitting, you know, for weeks on end, looking out the window | 一周周地坐着望向窗外 |
[07:49] | has actually been kinda great. | 其实也挺好的 |
[07:53] | What do you mean? | 此话怎讲 |
[07:55] | Well, uh, you know, for inst – | 比如说… |
[07:58] | You have ideas that you ordinarily wouldn’t have. | 你会冒出来一些平时不会有的想法 |
[08:01] | – What kind of ideas? – You wanna hear one? | -什么样的想法 -你想听听吗 |
[08:03] | – Yeah, tell me. – All right. | -想 给我讲讲 -好吧 |
[08:06] | I have this idea, okay? | 我有这么个想法 |
[08:08] | For a television show. | 制作一档电视节目 |
[08:09] | Some friends of mine are these cable access producers. | 我有些朋友是电视台的制片人 |
[08:11] | Do you know what that is, cable acc… | 你知道有线电视吧… |
[08:15] | Anybody can produce a show real cheap, | 任何人都能以极低的成本制作一档节目 |
[08:17] | and they have to put it on. Right? | 然后播放出来 对吧 |
[08:19] | I have this idea for this show that | 我想出了这么一档节目 |
[08:20] | would last 24 hours a day, for a year straight, right? | 每天24小时播放 播一整年 |
[08:23] | What you do is you get 365 people | 你需要从全世界不同的城市 |
[08:27] | from cities all over the world | 找来365个人 |
[08:29] | to do these 24-hour documents of real time, | 进行24小时纪实拍摄 |
[08:32] | capturing life as it’s lived. | 直播他们一天的生活 |
[08:35] | You know, it would start with a guy waking up in the morning | 先从一个普通人早晨起床开始 |
[08:39] | and, uh, you know, taking a long shower, | 他洗澡花了很久 |
[08:41] | um, eating a little breakfast, making a little coffee, | 吃了点早餐 喝了点咖啡 |
[08:44] | you know, and, uh, reading the paper. | 读了读报纸 |
[08:47] | Wait, wait, all those mundane, boring things | 慢着 就只是这些乏味无趣的 |
[08:49] | everybody has to do every day of their fucking life? | 每天都要做的日常琐事吗 |
[08:53] | I was gonna say “The poetry of day-to-day life.” | 我本想说”平凡日子中的诗意” |
[08:55] | But you say it the way you say it, I’ll say it the way I say it. | 但是各人有各人的说法 |
[08:57] | – But listen, think about it like this. – Who’s gonna want to watch this? | -你这样想 -谁会想看这种节目呢 |
[08:59] | Well, alright. Think about it like this… | 你这样想一想… |
[09:01] | Why is it that a dog sleeping in the sun is so beautiful? | 为什么晒太阳睡觉的狗就是美的 |
[09:05] | You know? It is. It’s beautiful. | 这画面确实很美 |
[09:07] | But a guy standing at a bank machine, | 但是站在自动取款机前 |
[09:09] | trying to take some money out, | 想取些钱的人 |
[09:10] | looks like a complete moron. | 就像是个大傻蛋呢 |
[09:12] | So it’s like a National Geographic program, but on people. | 所以就是国家地理频道一样的节目 只不过聚焦人类 |
[09:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[09:18] | – What do you think? – I can – I can see it – | -你觉得如何 -我现在…明白了 |
[09:21] | Like 24 boring hours. Sorry. | 就是无聊的24小时 不好意思 |
[09:23] | And, like, a three-minute sex scene where he falls asleep right after, no? | 兴许会有个三分钟性爱 然后直接睡着的片段 对吧 |
[09:28] | Yeah! You know — | 这个可以有啊 |
[09:29] | – I mean, that would be a great episode. – Yeah. | -那应该会是很有看头的一集 -没错 |
[09:31] | People would talk about that episode. | 大家一定会争相讨论的 |
[09:34] | You and your friends could do one in Paris if you wanted to. I mean… | 你和你的朋友们可以在巴黎拍一集 |
[09:37] | Oh, sure. | 好啊 |
[09:38] | The key – The thing that kinda haunts me is, | 关键在于 最让我苦恼的是 |
[09:42] | is the distribution. | 节目的分发 |
[09:43] | Getting these tapes from town to town, | 怎么把录像带一个小镇一个小镇 |
[09:45] | city to city, so that it would play continuously. | 一个城市一个城市地分发 不间断地播 |
[09:47] | ‘Cause it’d have to play all the time | 这节目必须一直播放 |
[09:49] | or else it just wouldn’t work. | 不然就达不到目的 |
[09:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:58] | You know what? They’re not service-oriented. | 你知道吗 他们并不太注重服务 |
[10:02] | Just an observation about Europe. | 这只是我对欧洲的一点观察 |
[10:13] | My parents have never really spoken of the possibility of | 我父母从未和我提过 |
[10:16] | my falling in love or getting married or having children. | 我会相爱 结婚 生子这种事 |
[10:21] | Even as a little girl, | 即便在我小时候 |
[10:23] | they wanted me to think as a future career as a, | 他们就想让我思考未来的职业规划 |
[10:26] | you know, interior designer | 比如室内设计师 |
[10:27] | or lawyer or something like that. | 或是律师之类的 |
[10:30] | I’d say to my Dad, “I want to be a writer,” | 我会和我爸说 “我想当一名作家” |
[10:33] | And he’d say, “Journalist.” | 他会说 “记者” |
[10:35] | I’d say I wanted to have a refuge for stray cats | 我说我想给流浪猫建一个收容所 |
[10:38] | and he’d say, “Veterinarian.” | 他会说 “兽医” |
[10:39] | I’d say I wanted to be an actress and he’d say, “TV newscaster.” | 我说我想成为一名演员 他则说 “新闻主播” |
[10:43] | It was this constant conversion of my fanciful ambition | 他总是会把我充满幻想的抱负 |
[10:47] | into these practical, moneymaking ventures. | 转化为实际 能赚钱的职业 |
[10:52] | I always had a pretty good bullshit detector when I was a kid. | 我小时候总能敏锐地觉察出谁在胡说 |
[10:55] | I always knew when they were lying to me, you know? | 他们每次对我撒谎时我都一清二楚 |
[10:58] | By the time I was in high school, | 我到了高中时 |
[10:58] | I was dead set on listening to | 我下定决心要听听每个人 |
[11:00] | what everybody thought I should be doing with my life | 对我人生的建议 |
[11:02] | and just kinda… doing the opposite. | 然后…偏不那样做 |
[11:07] | Nobody was ever mean about it. | 他们也没有对我冷嘲热讽 |
[11:09] | It’s just…I could never get very excited about | 只是…我对于别人对我人生 |
[11:12] | other people’s ambitions for my life. | 抱有的种种希望完全不感兴趣 |
[11:16] | But you know what? | 但是你知道吗 |
[11:17] | If your parents never really fully contradict you about anything | 如果你的父母从不反对你做任何事 |
[11:20] | – and are basically nice and supportive… – Right. | -一直很理解很支持的话 -嗯 |
[11:24] | it makes it even harder to officially complain. | 这样你更难开口抱怨 |
[11:27] | You know, even when they’re wrong. | 哪怕他们犯错的时候 |
[11:28] | It’s this passive-aggressive shit. You know what I mean? It’s… | 就是消极抵抗的感觉 明白吗 就是这种… |
[11:33] | I hate it. | 我很烦这样 |
[11:34] | I really hate it. | 我真的很讨厌这样 |
[11:36] | Well, you know, despite all that kind of bullshit that comes along with it, | 尽管儿时我听到过各种胡扯 |
[11:42] | I remember childhood as this… | 但我记忆中的童年… |
[11:46] | you know, this magical time. | 依然是一段充满魔力的时光 |
[11:48] | I do. | 真的 |
[11:49] | I remember when, uh, my mother first told me about death. | 我记得我妈第一次跟我聊死亡时 |
[11:53] | My great-grandmother had just died, | 我的曾祖母刚过世 |
[11:56] | and my whole family had just visited them in Florida. | 我们全家都去佛罗里达参加葬礼回来 |
[11:58] | I was about three, three and a half years old. | 我那时大概三岁 三岁半 |
[12:01] | Anyway, I was in the backyard, playing, | 我正在后院玩耍 |
[12:04] | and my sister had just taught me | 我姐姐刚教会我 |
[12:06] | how to take the garden hose and do it in such a way that, | 怎么捏着浇花的水管 |
[12:11] | uh, it sprayed into the sun and it would make a rainbow. | 让它朝着太阳喷 制造彩虹 |
[12:14] | Right? | 对吧 |
[12:16] | So I was doing that, | 我正那样玩着 |
[12:18] | and through the mist, I could see my grandmother. | 透过水雾 我看到了我的祖母 |
[12:21] | You know? And she was just standing there, smiling at me. | 她就站在那里 冲我微笑 |
[12:25] | And, uh, I held it there for a long time and I looked at her, | 我手拿水管在那里站了好久 看着她 |
[12:30] | and then finally I-I let go of the nozzle. | 最终我还是松开了手 |
[12:33] | You know? And then I dropped the hose. | 然后我放下水管 |
[12:36] | And she disappeared. | 她就消失不见了 |
[12:38] | So I run back inside and I tell my parents. | 于是我跑进屋里 把这事告诉了我爸妈 |
[12:41] | And they, uh, sit me down and give me this big rap | 他们让我坐下 然后很认真地跟我讲 |
[12:45] | on how, when people die, | 人去世以后 |
[12:48] | you never see them again and how I’d imagined it. | 你就再也见不到了 那只不过是我想象出的画面 |
[12:50] | But I knew what I’d seen. | 但我知道我看到了什么 |
[12:52] | I was just glad that I saw it. | 我只是很开心我看到了那一幕 |
[12:54] | I’ve never seen anything like that since. | 之后我再也没有过类似的情况 |
[12:56] | But I don’t know. | 我也说不好 |
[12:58] | It just kinda let me know how ambiguous everything was. | 只是那件事让我意识到一切都不是非黑即白的 |
[13:02] | You know, even death. | 连死亡也不例外 |
[13:05] | You’re really lucky you can have this attitude toward death. | 你对死亡能有这样的态度真好 |
[13:11] | I think I’m afraid of death 24 hours a day. | 我觉得我一天24小时都在担心死亡 |
[13:14] | I swear. | 真的 |
[13:16] | That’s why I’m in a train right now. | 所以我才坐火车 |
[13:17] | I could have flown to Paris, but I’m too scared. | 我本可以坐飞机去巴黎 但是我太害怕了 |
[13:20] | – Oh, come on. – I can’t help it. I can’t help it. | -得了吧 -我控制不住 一直会想 |
[13:23] | I know the statistics say “Na na na,” It’s safer. Whatever. | 我知道数据统计结果说坐飞机其实更安全之类的 |
[13:26] | When I’m in a plane, I can see it. I can see the explosion. | 但我坐进飞机 就仿佛能看到爆炸的画面 |
[13:30] | I can see me falling through the clouds. | 我能看到自己从云层中坠落 |
[13:32] | And I’m so scared of | 我无比惧怕 |
[13:34] | those few seconds of consciousness before you’re gonna die. | 死前那几秒意识清醒的时刻 |
[13:38] | You know, when you know for sure you’re gonna die? | 当你清楚地意识到自己即将死亡的时候 |
[13:43] | I can’t stop thinking that way. | 我会忍不住那样想 |
[13:45] | – It’s – It’s exhausting. – Yeah, I bet. | -搞得自己很心累 -那是肯定 |
[13:49] | Really exhausting. | 非常心累 |
[13:54] | – I think this is Vienna. – Yeah. | -这里应该是维也纳 -是啊 |
[13:58] | – You get off here, no? – Yeah. What a drag. | -你在这里下车 对吧 -是的 真扫兴 |
[14:01] | I wish I had met you earlier. I really like talking to you. | 我要是能早点遇到你就好了 我很喜欢和你聊天 |
[14:06] | Yeah, me too. | 我也是 |
[14:08] | It was really nice talking to you. | 和你聊天很开心 |
[14:41] | I have an admittedly insane idea, but if I don’t ask you this, | 我有个很疯狂的想法 但是如果我不问你 |
[14:46] | it’s gonna haunt me the rest of my life. | 我下半辈子都会后悔的 |
[14:48] | What? | 什么想法 |
[14:52] | I want to keep talking to you. | 我想继续和你聊天 |
[14:53] | You know, I have no idea what your situation is. | 我不知道你现在是什么状态 |
[14:55] | But, uh… But I feel like | 但是…我感觉 |
[14:57] | we have some kind of a connection, right? | 我们还算挺聊得来的 对吧 |
[15:01] | – Yeah, me too. – Yeah, right. Well, great. | -我也这么觉得 -好 那就太好了 |
[15:04] | So listen, here’s the deal. This is what we should do. | 你看这样行不行 我们这样吧 |
[15:06] | So you should get off the train with me here in Vienna | 你应该和我一起在维也纳下车 |
[15:07] | and come check out the town. | 一起去城里转转 |
[15:09] | – What? – Come on. It’ll be fun. Come on. | -你说什么 -来吧 会很有趣的 一起来吧 |
[15:11] | – What would we do? – I don’t know. | -我们要做些什么 -我也不知道 |
[15:13] | All I know is I have to catch an | 我只知道明天早上九点半 |
[15:14] | Austrian Airlines flight tomorrow morning at 9:30, | 我得赶上奥地利航空的航班 |
[15:17] | and I don’t have enough money for a hotel, | 而且我没钱住旅店 |
[15:19] | so I was just gonna walk around, | 所以我就打算四处走走 |
[15:21] | and it’d be a lot more fun if you came with me. | 如果你能和我一起来 就更有意思了 |
[15:23] | And if I turn out to be some kind of psycho, | 如果你发现我其实是个变态 |
[15:25] | you know, you just get on the next train. | 你也可以搭乘下一趟火车离开 |
[15:27] | All right, think of it like this. | 不然你这样想 |
[15:31] | Uh, jump ahead ten, 20 years. Okay? And you’re married. | 快进二十年 你已经结婚了 |
[15:36] | Only your marriage doesn’t | 只不过你的婚姻已经 |
[15:37] | have that same energy that it used to have. | 失去了往昔的活力 |
[15:39] | You start to blame your husband. | 你开始责备你的丈夫 |
[15:42] | You start to think about all those guys you’ve met in your life | 你开始回想一生中遇到过的各种男人 |
[15:45] | and what might have happened if you picked up with one of them, right? | 如果你和他们当中的一位在一起 结局会是如何 |
[15:49] | Well, I’m one of those guys. That’s me. | 我就是其中一个啊 |
[15:51] | So think of this as time travel from then to now, | 把这想成是从未来穿越回来 |
[15:56] | to find out what you’re missing out on. | 看看你都错过了什么 |
[15:57] | See, what this really could be | 这段际遇其实也可能 |
[15:58] | is a gigantic favor to both you and your future husband | 给你和未来的老公帮了一个大忙 |
[16:02] | to find out that you’re not missing out on anything. | 让你意识到你没错过什么 |
[16:04] | I’m just as big a loser as he is, | 我其实和他一样是个废柴 |
[16:05] | totally unmotivated, totally boring, | 毫无上进心 非常无趣 |
[16:07] | and, uh, you made the right choice and you’re really happy. | 你的选择是正确的 你非常幸福 |
[16:12] | I… | 我… |
[16:16] | – Let me get my bag. – Yeah. | -我去拿包 -太棒了 |
[16:45] | – We should get a locker for all this stuff. – Okay. | -应该找个柜子寄存一下 -好 |
[16:52] | – What’s your name? – My name? Uh, it’s Jesse. | -你叫什么名字 -我吗 我叫杰西 |
[16:56] | It’s James, actually, but everybody always calls me Jesse. | 其实我的名字是詹姆斯 但是大家都叫我杰西 |
[16:58] | – You mean Jesse James? – No, no, just Jesse. | -所以你全名是杰西·詹姆斯吗 -不 不 就是杰西 |
[17:02] | I’m Celine. | 我叫席琳 |
[17:18] | – This is a nice bridge. – Yeah. | -这桥真不错 -是啊 |
[17:25] | – This is kinda weird. – Yeah, it’s kinda weird, isn’t it? | -有些怪怪的 -是啊 确实有点怪 |
[17:28] | I mean, it’s a little awkward. | 气氛有点尴尬 |
[17:31] | – But it’s all right, right? – Yeah, | -但是还行 对吧 -是 |
[17:33] | this is great, this is great. Let’s go to some places. | 很好 很好 我们去逛逛吧 |
[17:35] | – Look at your book. – We’re in Vienna. Let’s go to some places. | -看看指南 -我们在维也纳 去逛逛吧 |
[17:37] | – Look, let’s ask these guys. – Okay. | -我们问问这些人吧 -好的 |
[17:40] | Uh, excuse me. Excuse me. | 打扰一下 打扰一下 |
[17:42] | – Sprechen sie English? – Ja. Of course. | -请问会说英语吗 -当然会 |
[17:45] | – Could you speak German for a change? – What? | -能麻烦你说德语吗 -什么 |
[17:48] | No, it was a joke. | 不是 开玩笑的 |
[17:50] | Well, listen, we just got into | 是这样 我们今天 |
[17:51] | Vienna today and we’re looking for something fun to do. | 刚到维也纳 想找点有趣的事做 |
[17:54] | Like museums, exhibitions. | 比如博物馆 展览 |
[17:56] | But museums are not that funny anymore these days. | 现在的博物馆都没意思了 |
[17:59] | Uh, and they are closing right now. | 而且现在也要闭馆了 |
[18:02] | – How long are you going to be here? – Just for tonight. | -你们打算待多久 -就今晚 |
[18:05] | Why did you come to Vienna? What could you be expecting? | 你们为什么要来维也纳 有什么想看的吗 |
[18:11] | We’re on honeymoon. | 我们正在度蜜月 |
[18:13] | Yeah. She got pregnant. We had to get married. | 是 她怀孕了 我们得结婚 |
[18:16] | No, I don’t believe you. You’re a bad liar. | 不 我才不信你 你不会撒谎 |
[18:24] | This is, uh, this is a play we’re both in. | 这是我们都参与演出的一部戏剧 |
[18:27] | – And we would like to invite you. – You’re actors? | -我们想要邀请你们 -你们是演员 |
[18:30] | Not professional actors. Part-time actors for fun. | 不是职业演员 就是业余兴趣 |
[18:33] | It’s a play about a cow and the Indians searching for it. | 这部剧讲的是一头奶牛 和寻找奶牛的印第安人 |
[18:36] | – There are also politicians, Mexicans, Russians. – Communists. | -里面还有政客 墨西哥人 俄罗斯人 -共产党 |
[18:41] | – You have a real cow on stage? – No, not a real cow. | -舞台上有真正的奶牛吗 -不 不是真正的奶牛 |
[18:43] | – It’s an actor in a cow costume. – And he is the cow. | -是一位穿着奶牛服装的演员 -他演奶牛 |
[18:46] | Yes, I am the cow, and the cow is a bit weird. | 是 我演奶牛 奶牛有点古怪 |
[18:49] | The cow has a disease. | 奶牛得了病 |
[18:50] | She’s acting a bit strange, like a dog. | 她的行为有点古怪 像狗一样 |
[18:53] | If someone throws a stick, she fetches it and brings it back. | 要是有人扔棍子 她会跑过去捡回来 |
[18:56] | And she can smoke with hooves and everything. | 还会用蹄子吸烟等等 |
[19:00] | – Great. – And as you see, there’s the address. | -很好 -可以看到 上面有地址 |
[19:02] | It’s in the Second District. | 在第二区 |
[19:04] | Near the Prater. You know the Prater? | 在普拉特附近 你们知道普拉特吗 |
[19:06] | Ah, the big Ferris wheel. | 就是那个大摩天轮 |
[19:07] | – We should do it. – Everybody knows the wheel. | -我们应该去坐 -大家都知道摩天轮 |
[19:09] | Perhaps you can go to the | 或许你们可以在戏剧开始前 |
[19:10] | Prater before the play. It starts at 21:30. | 去坐摩天轮 21点半开始 |
[19:15] | – 21:30? – It’s 9:30. | -21点半 -就是9点半 |
[19:18] | – 9:30. – Right, right. | -9点半 -好的 好的 |
[19:20] | Okay, great. What’s the name of this play? | 好的 这部戏剧的名字是什么 |
[19:22] | It translates as Bring Me The Horns of Wilmington’s Cow. | 翻译过来就是《给我找来威尔明顿奶牛的角》 |
[19:26] | – I’m Wilmington’s cow. – All right. | -我演威尔明顿奶牛 -好的 |
[19:29] | – Will you be there? – We’ll try. | -你们会来吗 -我们尽量去 |
[19:31] | – I’m the cow. – You’re the… | -我演奶牛 -你演… |
[19:32] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[19:54] | – I got an idea. Are you ready? – Yeah. | -我有个主意 准备好了吗 -嗯 |
[19:57] | It’s Q & A time. We’ve known each other a little while now. | 互相问答 我们已经认识一段时间了 |
[20:00] | We’re stuck together, so we’re gonna ask each other | 我们一直在一起 所以可以问彼此 |
[20:01] | a few direct questions. | 一些直接的问题 |
[20:04] | – All right? – So we ask each other questions. | -好吗 -我们要互相问问题 |
[20:07] | – And you have to answer 100% honestly. – Of course. | -要完全坦诚地回答 -好的 |
[20:11] | – Okay. All right, first question. – You. | -好的 第一个问题 -你问 |
[20:14] | Describe for me… Yes, I’m going to ask you. | 向我描述…是 我要问你了 |
[20:16] | Describe for me your first sexual feelings towards a person. | 向我描述你对别人的第一次性冲动 |
[20:23] | My first sexual feelings. Oh, my God. | 我的第一次性冲动 天啊 |
[20:27] | I know, I know. | 我知道了 我知道了 |
[20:29] | Jean-Marc Fleury. | 让-马克·弗勒里 |
[20:32] | Jean-Marc Fleury? | 让-马克·弗勒里 |
[20:34] | We were at this summer camp together, and he was a swimmer. | 我们当时一起参加夏令营 他是游泳选手 |
[20:37] | Yeah. | 好 |
[20:38] | He had bleached-out chlorine hair and green eyes. | 他的头发被氯漂白了 眼睛是绿色的 |
[20:41] | And to improve his times, | 为了提高成绩 |
[20:43] | he’d shave the hair off his legs and arms. | 他把四肢的体毛都剃了 |
[20:45] | – That’s disgusting. – Oh, no. He was like this gorgeous dolphin. | -好恶心 -不 他就像一只特别帅的海豚 |
[20:49] | And my friend Emma had a big, big crush on him. | 我的朋友艾玛对他很心动 |
[20:51] | So one day I was cutting across the field back to my room | 有一天我从运动场抄近路回房间 |
[20:54] | and he came walking up beside me. | 他走到了我身边 |
[20:56] | You know, and I told him, “You know, you should | 我告诉他 “你应该 |
[20:58] | date Emma because she has a big crush on you.” | 约艾玛出去 因为她很喜欢你” |
[21:01] | And he turned to me and said, “Well, that’s too bad, | 然后他转身对我说 “那太遗憾了 |
[21:04] | because I have a big crush on you.” | 因为我很喜欢你” |
[21:07] | So… Yeah. | 然后就… |
[21:09] | It really scared the hell out of me because I thought he was so fine. | 我差点吓死了 我觉得他那么帅 |
[21:13] | And then he officially asked me out on a date. | 然后他正式约我出去 |
[21:15] | You know, I pretended I didn’t like him. | 我假装我不喜欢他 |
[21:19] | You know, I was so afraid of, you know, what I might do, you know. | 我很害怕我可能会做出什么 |
[21:23] | Uh… Well… | 所以… |
[21:25] | So, you know, I went to see him swim a few times | 我去看过几次 |
[21:27] | at the swimming competition. | 他参加的游泳比赛 |
[21:29] | He was so sexy, really. I mean really sexy. | 他非常性感 真的 非常性感 |
[21:32] | You know, we kind of | 我们在暑假结束时 |
[21:33] | wrote these little declarations of love to each other | 给彼此写了爱的宣言 |
[21:35] | at the end of the summer | 之类的东西 |
[21:37] | and you know, promised we would keep writing forever and, | 并承诺要永远保持通信 |
[21:40] | like, meet again very soon. | 很快要再见面 |
[21:43] | – Did you? – Of course not. | -见了吗 -当然没有 |
[21:46] | Well, then I think this is the opportune time to tell you | 那现在正好可以告诉你 |
[21:48] | that I happen to be a fantastic swimmer. | 我刚好是名厉害的游泳选手 |
[21:51] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[21:53] | – I’ll make note of that. – Okay. Uh… | -我会记下来的 -好的 |
[21:56] | – So it’s my turn, no? – All right. Yes, your turn. | -到我了吧 不是吗 -好的 到你了 |
[21:58] | Hit me. | 问吧 |
[22:02] | Have you ever been in love? | 你爱过别人吗 |
[22:05] | Yes. Next question. | 爱过 下一个问题 |
[22:08] | – What was the first… – Wait a minute. | -你第一次… -等等 |
[22:10] | – So we can give one-word answers? – Sure. Why not? | -我们可以只回答是否吗 -当然 有何不可呢 |
[22:12] | No, no. After I went into such | 不行 我刚才 |
[22:13] | private details about my first sexual feelings? | 对我的第一次性冲动和盘托出 |
[22:15] | I know, but sexual, those are two very different questions. | 是 但这是两个很不一样的问题 |
[22:18] | I could answer the sexual feelings thing, no problem, | 我可以回答性冲动之类的问题 都可以 |
[22:20] | but you know, love… | 但关于爱… |
[22:21] | What if I asked you about love? | 那我问你爱的问题呢 |
[22:24] | I would have lied, but at least | 我会撒谎 但至少 |
[22:26] | – I would have made up a great story. – You would’ve lied! | -我会编一个很好的故事 -你会撒谎 |
[22:27] | Great. Love is a complex issue. You know… | 很好 爱是一件复杂的事情 |
[22:30] | I mean, it’s like, um… | 就像是… |
[22:32] | I mean, yes, | 是的 |
[22:33] | I have told somebody that I loved them before, and I had meant it. | 我之前和别人说过爱 而且我是真心的 |
[22:36] | You know, but was it totally unselfish, giving love? | 但那是完全无私奉献的爱 |
[22:39] | Was it a beautiful thing? Not really. | 是美好的爱吗 并不是 |
[22:42] | It’s like, love… | 爱… |
[22:45] | I mean, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:47] | You know? | 你明白吗 |
[22:50] | Yeah, I know what you mean. | 是 我明白你的意思 |
[22:51] | But as far as sexual feelings go, | 但说到性冲动 |
[22:53] | I’ll have you know it started | 我的第一次 |
[22:54] | with an obsessive relationship with Miss July 1978. | 是对1978年七月小姐的迷恋 |
[22:58] | – Do you know Playboy magazine? – Yeah, I’ve heard of it. | -你知道《花花公子》杂志吗 -我听说过 |
[23:01] | – Do you know Crystal? – No. | -你认识克丽丝托吗 -不知道 |
[23:02] | You don’t know Crystal? Well, I knew Crystal. | 你不认识吗 好吧 我认识 |
[23:06] | Um, is it my turn now? | 到我了吗 |
[23:08] | Okay, tell me something that really pisses you off, | 好的 说一件会惹你生气的事 |
[23:12] | really drives you crazy. | 让你抓狂的事 |
[23:14] | – Pisses me off? Everything pisses me off. – Okay, list a couple. | -惹我生气 什么事都会惹我生气 -举几个例子 |
[23:18] | Um… Wait, I know. | 等等 我知道了 |
[23:19] | I hate being told by strange men, a | 我讨厌陌生人 |
[23:22] | strange man in the street… | 街上的陌生人告诉我… |
[23:23] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[23:24] | You know, like, to smile | 要微笑 |
[23:25] | to make them feel better about their boring life. | 让他们对自己无聊的人生感觉好点 |
[23:29] | Um, what else? | 还有什么 |
[23:31] | I hate… I hate that 300 kilometers from here, | 我讨厌…我讨厌300千米之外 |
[23:35] | there’s a war going on, | 正有一场战争 |
[23:36] | people are dying and nobody knows what to do about it. | 有人在死去 而没人知道该怎么阻止 |
[23:39] | Or they don’t give a shit, I don’t know. | 或者他们完全不在乎 我不清楚 |
[23:41] | I hate that the medias… | 我讨厌媒体… |
[23:43] | You know, they’re trying to control our minds. | 他们试图控制我们的思想 |
[23:45] | – The media? – Yeah, the media. | -媒体 -是 媒体 |
[23:47] | You know, it’s very subtle, but it’s a new form of fascism, really. | 非常微妙 但是一种新形式的法西斯主义 |
[23:52] | I hate… | 我讨厌… |
[23:54] | I hate when I’m in a foreign country, | 我讨厌去外国 |
[23:56] | especially in America… They’re the worst. | 尤其是美国…最差劲了 |
[23:58] | Each time I wear black or | 我每次穿黑色衣服 |
[24:00] | lose my temper or say anything about anything, | 发脾气 或是对什么事发表看法 |
[24:03] | they always go, “Oh, it’s so French, it’s so cute.” | 他们总是说 “好法式啊 真可爱” |
[24:06] | I hate that. I can’t stand it, really. | 我讨厌这点 我受不了 真的 |
[24:11] | – Is that all? – Well, there’s a lot of things, but… | -就这些吗 -有很多事 但是… |
[24:15] | – So, it’s my turn. – Okay. | -到我了 -好的 |
[24:17] | – You’re gonna answer? – Yes, I’ll answer. | -你要回答了 -是 我回答 |
[24:20] | – Uh, what’s a problem for you? – You, probably. | -你有什么问题 -或许是你吧 |
[24:24] | What? | 什么 |
[24:26] | No. I had a thought the | 不 我前几天有个想法 |
[24:27] | other day that kind of qualifies as a problem. | 可以算是一个问题吧 |
[24:31] | – What is it? – It was a thought I had on the train. | -是什么 -是我在火车上想到的 |
[24:34] | So okay, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[24:37] | Um, do you believe in reincarnation? | 你相信轮回吗 |
[24:39] | – Yeah, yeah. It’s interesting. – Yeah. Right. | -是 是 很有趣 -好 |
[24:42] | Most people, you know, | 多数人 |
[24:42] | a lot of people talk about past lives and things like that. | 很多人都在说前世之类的事 |
[24:45] | You know, and even if they don’t believe it in some specific way, | 即使大家不是那样迷信灵魂的存在 |
[24:50] | people have some kind of notion of an eternal soul, right? | 但也对不朽的灵魂有自己的理解 对吧 |
[24:52] | – Yeah. – Okay. Well, this was my thought. | -对 -好的 我是这么想的 |
[24:54] | 50,000 years ago, | 五万年前 |
[24:56] | there were not even a million people on the planet. | 地球上的人还不到100万 |
[24:58] | 10,000 years ago, there’s, | 一万年前 |
[25:00] | like, two million people on the planet. | 地球上有200万人口 |
[25:02] | Now there’s between five and six billion people on the planet, right? | 现在地球上的人口在50到60亿之间 对吧 |
[25:06] | Now, if we all have our own individual, unique soul, | 如果我们都有自己独立而独特的灵魂 |
[25:12] | where do they all come from? | 这么多灵魂都是哪里来的呢 |
[25:14] | Are modern souls only a fraction of the original souls? | 现代的灵魂是从原始灵魂里分出来的吗 |
[25:17] | ‘Cause if they are, that represents a 5,000-to-1 split | 因为如果是的话 那就代表着过去五万年里 |
[25:21] | of each soul in just the last 50,000 years, | 每一个灵魂都要分裂成五千个 |
[25:23] | which is like a blip in the earth’s time. | 但五万年对地球也只是一瞬间 |
[25:25] | So at best, we’re like these tiny fractions of people walking… | 所以充其量 我们就是一群分出来的灵魂… |
[25:31] | Is that why we’re so scattered? | 所以我们才这么分散 |
[25:32] | Is that why we’re all so specialized? | 所以我们才这么各有所长 |
[25:35] | Wait a minute. I’m not sure… | 等等 我不确定… |
[25:37] | – I don’t agree… – I know, I know. | -我不同意… -我知道 我知道 |
[25:38] | It’s a totally scattered thought. | 我这完全是随便想想 |
[25:41] | Which is kinda why it makes sense, you know? | 所以才有点道理 是吧 |
[25:44] | I agree with you. | 我同意 |
[25:47] | Let’s get off this damn train. | 我们下车吧 |
[26:25] | – This place is pretty neat. – Yeah. | -这地方真不错 -是的 |
[26:28] | There’s even a listening booth over there. | 那边还有个试听间 |
[26:34] | Have you ever heard of this singer? | 你听说过这个歌手吗 |
[26:38] | I think she’s American. A friend of mine told me about her. | 她好像是美国人 我有个朋友和我提过 |
[26:41] | Do you wanna go and see if that listening booth still works? | 你想去看看那个试听间还开着吗 |
[26:44] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[28:25] | Look at this. This is beautiful. | 看看这 真美 |
[28:34] | Quick! It’s leaving! | 快点 要走了 |
[29:00] | Oh, look, there’s a rabbit. | 看 那有一只兔子 |
[29:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:05] | Hey there, rabbit. | 你好呀 兔子 |
[29:08] | It’s so cute. | 真可爱 |
[29:11] | I visited this as a young teenager. | 我十几岁的时候来过这里 |
[29:15] | I think it left a bigger impression on me at that time | 我觉得那次它给我留下的印象 |
[29:17] | than any of the museums we went to. | 比任何博物馆都深刻 |
[29:19] | Yeah? It’s tiny. | 是吗 很小啊 |
[29:21] | I know. | 是的 |
[29:22] | There was this little old man that talked to us. | 和我们说话的是位矮矮的老人 |
[29:24] | He was the groundskeeper. | 他是管理员 |
[29:26] | He explained that most of the people buried here, | 他说大多数埋在这里的人 |
[29:29] | they’d washed up on the bank of the Danube. | 都是被冲上多瑙河岸的 |
[29:33] | How old are these? | 这里有多少年头了 |
[29:35] | Around the beginning of the century or so. | 大约本世纪初建的 |
[29:37] | It’s called “Cemetery of the No-Name” | 它叫”无名公墓” |
[29:39] | because they often didn’t really know | 因为通常都不清楚 |
[29:40] | who those people were… Maybe a first name, that’s all. | 这些人是谁 或许知道姓什么 仅此而已 |
[29:44] | Why were all the bodies washing up? | 这些遗体为什么会被冲上来 |
[29:46] | I think some were from accidents on boats and things like that. | 有些人应该是经历了船难之类的事 |
[29:49] | But most of them were suicides that jumped in the river. | 但大多是都是跳河自杀的 |
[29:56] | I always liked the idea of | 我总是喜欢 |
[29:57] | all those unknown people lost in the world. | 这些无名者消失在世界上的想法 |
[29:59] | When I was a little girl, I thought | 我小时候 就想 |
[30:01] | that if none of your family or friends knew you were dead, | 如果家人和朋友没人知道你死了 |
[30:04] | then it’s like not really being dead. | 那你就不算是真的死了 |
[30:07] | People can invent the best and the worst for you. | 人们可以为你创造出最好与最坏的经历 |
[30:13] | Ah, here she is, I think. | 她应该是在这里 |
[30:15] | Yeah, this is the one I remember the most. | 对 这个我记得最清楚 |
[30:22] | She was only 13 when she died. | 她死的时候才13岁 |
[30:25] | That meant something to me. I was that age when I first saw this. | 触动了我 我第一次看到时也是13岁 |
[30:34] | Now I’m ten years older and she’s still 13, I guess. | 我现在长了10岁 她还是13岁吧 |
[30:40] | That’s funny. | 很有趣 |
[31:01] | That’s the Danube over there. | 那边就是多瑙河 |
[31:04] | – That’s a river, right? – Yeah. | -是一条河吧 -对 |
[31:14] | This is gorgeous. | 这里真美 |
[31:19] | Yeah, this is beautiful. | 是的 很美 |
[31:27] | And we got, uh… We got a sunset here. | 能看到…能看到落日 |
[31:31] | – Yeah. – We got the Ferris wheel… | -是 -还有摩天轮… |
[31:36] | It seems like, um, | 像是… |
[31:38] | this would be, uh… | 这会是… |
[31:42] | What? | 什么 |
[31:47] | Uh, you know, um… | 你知道的 |
[31:53] | Are you trying to say you want to kiss me? | 你是想说你想吻我吗 |
[31:58] | Yes? | 是吗 |
[33:05] | – But you know what? – What? | -但你知道吗 -什么 |
[33:06] | I don’t think it really matters what generation you’re born into. | 我觉得生于哪个年代不是很重要 |
[33:09] | Look at my parents. | 看我父母 |
[33:11] | They were these angry, young May ’68 people | 他们参加了1968年5月的游行 |
[33:13] | revolting against everything… | 反叛一切事物 |
[33:15] | you know, the government, their conservative Catholic backgrounds. | 包括政府 他们保守的天主教背景 |
[33:19] | I was born not long after. | 我在之后不久出生 |
[33:20] | Then my father went on to become this successful architect | 然后我父亲成为了一名成功的建筑师 |
[33:23] | and we began to travel all around the world | 我们开始到世界各地游历 |
[33:25] | while he built bridges and towers and stuff. | 同时他建造桥梁和塔之类的东西 |
[33:29] | I mean, I really can’t complain about anything. | 我什么都不能抱怨 |
[33:32] | You know, they love me more than anything in the world. | 他们爱我胜过这世上的一切 |
[33:34] | I’ve been raised with all the freedom they had fought for. | 他们当年为之奋斗的自由 我成长过程中全都有 |
[33:37] | And yet, for me now, it’s another type of fight. | 而现在对我来说 又是另一种战斗 |
[33:40] | We still have to deal with the same old shit, | 我们还是要去应对原来的问题 |
[33:42] | but we can’t really know | 但我们无法确切知道 |
[33:44] | who or what the enemy is. | 敌方是谁 是什么 |
[33:47] | I don’t know if there really is an enemy. You know? | 我不确定究竟有没有敌方 |
[33:50] | Everybody’s parents fucked them up. | 每个人的父母都把他们害得不惨 |
[33:52] | Rich kids’ parents gave them too much, poor kids not enough. | 富人家给孩子太多 穷人家给的太少 |
[33:56] | Um, you know, too much attention, not enough attention. | 关注太多 关注不够 |
[33:58] | They either left them, or they stuck around, | 要不就是离开了孩子 要不就是留下来 |
[34:00] | taught ’em the wrong things. | 教了错误的内容 |
[34:02] | I mean, my parents are just these two people | 我的爸爸妈妈就是两个普通人 |
[34:04] | who didn’t like each other very much, | 并没有很喜欢彼此 |
[34:06] | who decided to get married and have a kid. | 但还是决定结婚生子 |
[34:08] | And they try their best to be nice to me. | 他们也尽力在对我好了 |
[34:11] | – Did your parents divorce? – Yeah, finally. | -你爸妈离婚了吗 -最后离了 |
[34:14] | They should’ve done it a lot sooner, | 他们早就应该离的 |
[34:15] | but they stuck together for a while | 但还是将就了一段时间 |
[34:17] | for the well-being of my sister and I, thank you very much. | 为了我和姐姐着想 还真是谢谢他们了 |
[34:21] | I remember my mother once… | 记得有一次 我妈 |
[34:23] | She told me right in front of my father, | 她当着我爸的面对我说 |
[34:24] | they were having this big fight that he didn’t really want to have me, | 他们大吵过一架 我爸不想要我 |
[34:27] | that he was really pissed off | 在知道妈妈怀了我之后 |
[34:29] | when he found out that she was pregnant with me, | 他勃然大怒 |
[34:31] | that I was this big mistake. | 说我就是个错误 |
[34:33] | That really shaped the way I think. | 那件事改变了我的观念 |
[34:35] | I always saw the world as this place where I really wasn’t meant to be. | 我总觉得我本不该出现在这世上 |
[34:39] | That’s so sad. | 太可怜了 |
[34:40] | Well, I mean, I eventually took pride in it, | 不过后来我甚至以此为荣 |
[34:44] | like my life was my own doing or something, | 就好像我的人生是我自己创造的 |
[34:46] | like I was crashing the big party. | 我是人间的不速之客 |
[34:50] | That’s the way to see it. | 这样看待就对了 |
[34:52] | My parents, they’re still married, | 我爸妈没有离婚 |
[34:54] | and I guess they’re very happy. | 我猜他们很幸福 |
[34:56] | But I think it’s a healthy process | 但我觉得 |
[34:58] | to rebel against everything that came before. | 时不时地推翻过去也是挺必要的 |
[35:00] | Yeah. Yeah. But… | 说得对 但是 |
[35:05] | I’ve been wondering lately. | 我最近一直在想 |
[35:08] | Do you know anyone who’s in a happy relationship? | 你认识婚姻幸福的人吗 |
[35:13] | Uh, yeah, sure. | 当然 |
[35:14] | I know happy couples. | 我认识几对恩爱夫妻 |
[35:17] | But I think they lie to each other. | 但我觉得他们在互相欺骗 |
[35:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[35:22] | People can live their whole life as a lie. | 人们可以一生都生活在谎言之中 |
[35:24] | My grandmother, she was married to this man, | 我奶奶嫁给了一个人 |
[35:26] | and I always thought she had a very simple and uncomplicated love life. | 我一直以为她的感情生活简单幸福 |
[35:29] | But she just confessed to me | 但后来她向我坦白 |
[35:32] | that she spent her whole life | 她深爱的另有其人 |
[35:34] | dreaming about another man she was always in love with. | 这辈子都在想念着他 |
[35:37] | She just accepted her fate. It’s so sad. | 她只是向命运妥协了 真可怜 |
[35:41] | In the same time, I love the idea that she had those emotions and feelings | 但同时我又很高兴 她有过那些 |
[35:44] | I never thought she would have had. | 我以为她从未有过的情愫和感觉 |
[35:46] | I guarantee you, it was better that way. | 我向你保证 这才是最好的结果 |
[35:49] | If she’d ever got to know him, | 如果她深入了解了那个人 |
[35:50] | I’m sure he would have disappointed her eventually. | 我保证她最后会对他失望 |
[35:52] | How do you know? You don’t know them. | 你怎么知道 你又不认识他们 |
[35:54] | Yeah, I know. | 听我说 |
[35:55] | It’s just, people have these romantic projections they put on everything | 人们会对一切事物进行浪漫化的设想 |
[35:58] | that’s not based on any kind of reality. | 而并非基于现实 |
[36:01] | – Romantic projections? – Yeah. | -浪漫化的设想 -没错 |
[36:03] | Oh, Mr. Romantic up there on the Ferris wheel | 刚才是哪位浪漫先生在摩天轮上感慨 |
[36:05] | “Oh, kiss me. The sunset. Oh, it’s so beautiful.” | “快吻我 日落太美了” |
[36:08] | All right, all right. | 好了好了 |
[36:09] | Tell me about your grandmother. What were you saying about her? | 继续聊你奶奶吧 你刚才说她什么来着 |
[36:29] | Hey, check these guys out. | 你看他们 |
[36:31] | “Hey, Hans, I have a confession to make. | “汉斯 我要忏悔” |
[36:33] | I’m not wearing any underwear underneath this thing.” | “我里面没有穿内裤” |
[36:36] | “Oh, really? Does that frighten you?” | “是吗 你害怕了吗” |
[36:45] | – Can I tell you a secret? – Yeah. | -我能跟你说个秘密吗 -好 |
[36:48] | – Come here. – What? | -过来 -什么 |
[36:50] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:05] | Look at this palm reader. She’s interesting-looking, no? | 瞧那个看手相的 她看起来很有趣 不是吗 |
[37:08] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:12] | – I just made eye contact. – She’s not coming over? | -她看到我了 -她不会过来吧 |
[37:14] | – Yeah, she is. – Oh, shit. | -当然会 -该死 |
[37:20] | – Oh, no. – Oh, my God. | -不 -天哪 |
[37:21] | – You want your palm read? – No. Not at all. | -你想看手相吗 -一点也不想 |
[37:23] | – Are you sure? – I’m sure. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[37:26] | – Okay. – Hello. | -好吧 -来了 |
[37:28] | Here she is. | 她来了 |
[37:33] | Uh, Français, English? | 法语 英语 |
[37:39] | I want your palm read. | 我来看看你的手相 |
[37:44] | Yeah. How much is it? | 好 多少钱 |
[37:46] | For you, 50. Okay? | 你的话给五十 好吗 |
[37:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[37:57] | So you have been on a journey | 你在旅行 |
[38:00] | and you are a stranger to this place. | 而且是第一次来这个地方 |
[38:04] | You are an adventurer, | 你是一个冒险家 |
[38:07] | a seeker, | 探索者 |
[38:09] | an adventurer in your mind. | 你心里有个冒险家 |
[38:16] | You are interested in the power of the woman, | 你对女性的力量很感兴趣 |
[38:20] | in a woman’s deep strength and creativity. | 女性深层次的力量和创造力 |
[38:25] | You’re becoming this woman. | 你正在成为这种女人 |
[38:33] | But you need to resign yourself to the awkwardness of life. | 但你需要接受生活的怪诞 |
[38:38] | Only if you find peace within yourself | 只有找到自己内心的平静 |
[38:42] | will you find true connection with others. | 你才能真正与他人建立共鸣 |
[38:49] | – He is a stranger to you? – Mmm, I guess so. | -你们不认识对吗 -大概是的 |
[38:58] | You will be all right. He’s learning. | 你不用担心 他正在学习 |
[39:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[39:03] | Money. | 给钱 |
[39:12] | You’re both stardust. | 你们都是星尘 |
[39:14] | Don’t forget. | 记住 |
[39:16] | When the stars exploded billions of years ago, | 几十亿年前恒星爆炸 |
[39:20] | they formed everything that is this world. | 星尘化作世间万物 |
[39:23] | Everything we know is stardust. | 我们所知的一切都是星尘 |
[39:26] | So don’t forget you are stardust. | 所以记住你们也是 |
[39:34] | I mean, that’s very nice and all, | 她说的很好 |
[39:36] | I mean, that we’re all stardust and you’re becoming this great woman. | 我们都是星尘 而你正成为一名伟大的女性 |
[39:42] | But I hope you don’t take that any more seriously | 但我希望你不要觉得 |
[39:44] | than some horoscope in a daily syndicated newspaper. | 她的话会比报纸上的占星术更准 |
[39:47] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么呢 |
[39:49] | She knew I was on vacation and that we didn’t know each other | 她知道我在度假 我们不认识对方 |
[39:51] | and that I was going to become this great woman. | 还有我会成为一名伟大的女性 |
[39:54] | But what was that “I am learning” bullshit? | 但是那句”我正在学习”也太扯了吧 |
[39:57] | That’s way condescending, you know? | 也太居高临下了 |
[40:00] | She wasn’t even doing me. | 她都没仔细看我的手相 |
[40:02] | I mean, if opportunists like that ever had to tell the real truth, | 如果让她那样的投机者说真话 |
[40:06] | it would put their asses out of business. | 他们就赚不到钱了 |
[40:09] | Just once I’d love to see some little old lady | 我想看一个小老太太 |
[40:12] | save up all her money to go to the fortune-teller, | 把一辈子的积蓄交给占卜师 |
[40:15] | she’d get there all excited about hearing her future | 她兴奋无比 准备聆听自己的未来 |
[40:17] | and the woman would say, | 结果那个女人说 |
[40:18] | “Tomorrow and all your remaining days | “明天以及你余下的每一天 |
[40:24] | “will be exactly like today, | “都会和今天一样 |
[40:26] | “a tedious collection of hours. | “无聊乏味 |
[40:28] | “And you will have no new passions and no new thoughts | “你不会有新的爱好 新的想法 |
[40:32] | “and no new travels. | “和新的旅程 |
[40:35] | “And when you die, you’ll be completely forgotten.” | “等你死了 所有人都会将你遗忘 |
[40:37] | “You know? | “明白了吗 |
[40:38] | “Fifty schillings, please.” | “五十先令 谢谢” |
[40:40] | That I’d like to see. | 我想看到这个 |
[40:43] | It’s so funny how she almost didn’t notice you, huh? | 她几乎没有注意到你 真有意思 |
[40:46] | It’s weird. I wonder why. | 好奇怪 为什么呢 |
[40:48] | – She was really wise and intense. – Wise?Yeah? | -她既睿智又热情 -睿智 是吗 |
[40:51] | – I really love what she said. – Of course you do. | -我真的很喜欢她说的话 -你当然喜欢了 |
[40:54] | You pay your money, | 你花了钱 |
[40:54] | you hear something that makes you feel good about yourself. | 又听到了一些让你自我感觉良好的话 |
[40:57] | If you want, there’s a seedy section of Vienna | 不如我们去找找维也纳有没有地方 |
[40:59] | we can buy a hit of crack. | 能买到白粉什么的 |
[41:01] | Would you like that? Huh? Yeah? | 你要来一点吗 要吗 |
[41:03] | You’re so… | 你这人真的… |
[41:05] | Stardust! Stardust! | 星尘 星尘 |
[41:17] | Oh, there’s an exhibition. | 有个展览 |
[41:20] | Yup, I guess we’ll miss it. | 看来去不成了 |
[41:22] | Doesn’t start until next week. | 下周才开始 |
[41:24] | Yeah, I think so. | 是啊 |
[41:28] | I actually saw this one a few years ago in a museum. | 几年前我在一家博物馆里见过这个 |
[41:33] | I stared and stared at it. Must have been 45 minutes. | 我一直盯着它 看了得有四十五分钟 |
[41:38] | I love it. | 我很喜欢 |
[41:40] | “La Voie Ferrée.” That’s great. | 《铁路》 真好 |
[41:44] | I love the way the people seem to be dissolving into the background. | 我喜欢这种将人物虚化 融入背景的画法 |
[41:49] | Look at this one. | 你看这幅 |
[41:52] | It’s like the environment’s, you know, stronger than the people. | 就像在表达环境强于人类 |
[41:57] | His human figures are always so transitory. | 他所画的人物总是转瞬即逝 |
[42:01] | It’s funny. Transitory? | 有意思 转瞬即逝 |
[42:03] | Transitory. | 转瞬即逝 |
[42:24] | – You think this is open? – I don’t know. Let’s try it. | -你说这里开门了没 -不知道 去看看 |
[42:53] | I was in an old church like this with my grandmother | 我和奶奶到过一个和这里很像的老教堂 |
[42:56] | a few days ago in Budapest. | 就是几天前 在布达佩斯 |
[43:00] | Even though I reject most of the religious thing, | 即便大部分和宗教有关的东西我都不喜欢 |
[43:03] | I can’t help but feeling for all those people | 但我就是能感受到这里面 |
[43:06] | that come here, lost or in pain, guilt, | 迷失 或是痛苦 愧疚的人们 |
[43:12] | looking for some kind of answers. | 想来这里寻求某种答案 |
[43:15] | It fascinates me how a single place can join so much pain and happiness | 一个教堂竟能装下人们世世代代的悲喜 |
[43:19] | for so many generations. | 真是让我着迷 |
[43:22] | You close with your grandmother? | 你和你奶奶很亲近 |
[43:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[43:30] | I think it’s because I always have this strange feeling | 我想是因为我总有一种奇怪的感觉 |
[43:32] | that I’m this very old woman, laying down, about to die. | 我是一个躺在床上行将就木的老妇人 |
[43:39] | You know, that my life is just memories or something. | 我的一生只是一段回忆 |
[43:47] | That’s so wild. | 这也太不可思议了 |
[43:49] | I mean, I always think that I’m still this 13-year-old boy | 我总以为自己还是个十三岁的小男孩 |
[43:54] | who doesn’t really know how to be an adult, | 不懂得如何做一个大人 |
[43:56] | pretending to live my life, | 故作成熟地生活 |
[43:59] | taking notes for when I’ll really have to do it. | 悄悄记下来什么时候该做什么事 |
[44:03] | Kind of like I’m in a dress rehearsal for a junior high play. | 就好像是初中舞台剧的带妆彩排 |
[44:08] | That’s funny. | 真有意思 |
[44:10] | Then up there in the Ferris wheel was, like, | 那在摩天轮上 |
[44:12] | this very old woman kissing this very young boy. Right? | 就是一个老妇人在亲吻一个小男孩 是吗 |
[44:22] | Do you know anything about the Quakers? The Quaker religion? | 你了解贵格会吗 一个教派 |
[44:26] | No, not much. No? | 不了解 怎么了 |
[44:28] | I went to this Quaker wedding once. | 我参加过一次贵格会教徒的婚礼 |
[44:31] | It was fantastic. | 特别棒 |
[44:33] | What they do is the couple comes in | 新人入场后 |
[44:36] | and they kneel down in front of the whole congregation, | 会跪在全体会众面前 |
[44:39] | and they just stare at each other. | 然后注视对方 |
[44:42] | And nobody says a word | 谁都不能说话 |
[44:43] | unless they feel that God moves them to speak or say something. | 除非感受到上帝让他们开口 |
[44:48] | And then after an hour or so of just, uh, staring at each other, | 保持那样的状态差不多一个小时之后 |
[44:55] | they’re married. | 新人就算礼成了 |
[44:58] | That’s beautiful. I like that. | 好美 我喜欢 |
[45:17] | This is a horrible story. | 有个可怕的故事 |
[45:20] | What? | 什么 |
[45:21] | – It’s not the appropriate place to tell it, but… – What? | -在这里说不合适 可是 -什么 |
[45:25] | I was driving around with this buddy of mine. | 我曾和一个朋友开车到处闲逛 |
[45:27] | He’s a big atheist. | 他是个无神论者 |
[45:28] | And we came to a stop next to this homeless guy. | 我们停在一个流浪汉旁边 |
[45:32] | My buddy takes out a hundred-dollar bill, | 我朋友掏出一张一百块的纸币 |
[45:35] | he leans out of the window and he says, | 伸出车窗外 问 |
[45:38] | “Do you believe in God?” | “你相信上帝吗” |
[45:40] | The guy looks at my friend, he looks at the money, | 那家伙看了看我朋友又看了看钱 |
[45:44] | says, uh… | 说 |
[45:47] | “Yes, I do.” | “我相信” |
[45:48] | My friend says, “Wrong answer.” We drove away. | 我朋友说”回答错误” 然后就开走了 |
[45:53] | – That’s mean, no? – Yeah. Yeah. | -太刻薄了吧 -对 |
[46:06] | Would you be in Paris by now | 要是没跟着我下车的话 |
[46:07] | if you hadn’t gotten off the train with me? | 你现在应该在巴黎了吧 |
[46:10] | No, not yet. | 不 还没到 |
[46:13] | What would you be doing? | 要是那样你会做什么 |
[46:14] | I’d probably be hanging around the airport, | 我可能会在机场随便晃悠 |
[46:16] | reading old magazines, | 翻翻旧杂志 |
[46:17] | crying in my coffee ’cause you didn’t come with me. | 边喝咖啡边哭 因为你不肯跟我走 |
[46:25] | Actually, I think I’d probably | 其实我觉得我可能 |
[46:26] | gotten off the train in Salzburg with someone else. | 就会跟着别人在萨尔茨堡下车了 |
[46:29] | Oh, yeah? Oh, I see. | 是吗 我知道了 |
[46:31] | So I’m just a dumb American | 敢情我就是你随便捡来 |
[46:33] | momentarily decorating your blank canvas, huh? | 丰富人生经历的愚蠢美国人是吧 |
[46:37] | – I’m having a great time. – Really? | -我今天很开心 -真的吗 |
[46:39] | – Yeah. – Me too. | -真的 -我也是 |
[46:44] | I’m so glad because no one knows I’m here, | 我很开心因为没人知道我在这 |
[46:46] | and I don’t know anyone | 而且我也不认识 |
[46:46] | that knows you that would tell me all the bad things you’ve done. | 认识你 还会跟我说你做过的混账事的人 |
[46:50] | – I’ll tell you some. – Yeah, I’m sure. | -我可以跟你说说 -好啊 |
[46:54] | You know, you hear so much shit about people. | 知道吗 听过太多别人的事之后 |
[46:57] | I always feel like the general of an army when I start dating a guy, | 每次跟别人约会 我就感觉自己像个将军 |
[47:00] | plotting my strategy and maneuverings, | 制订我的战略计划 |
[47:03] | knowing his weak points, what would hurt him, seduce him. | 了解他的弱点 什么东西能伤害他或诱惑他 |
[47:07] | It’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[47:12] | If we were around each other all the time, | 如果我们一直在一起 |
[47:14] | what would be the first thing about me that would drive you mad? | 你会最先受不了我身上的哪点 |
[47:19] | Mmm?Uh, no, no. I’m not going to answer this question. | 不 不 我拒绝回答这个问题 |
[47:20] | – What? – No. | -快说 -不要 |
[47:21] | I just, I dated this girl once who used to always ask me that. | 我有个前女友就一直追问我这个问题 |
[47:25] | “What about me bugs you?” you know? | “我什么地方让你觉得不满意” |
[47:27] | So finally I said, “Well, | 最后没办法 我说 |
[47:29] | I don’t think you handle criticism too well.” | “我觉得你不能正确看待批评” |
[47:31] | She flew into a rage and broke up with me. That’s a true story. | 结果她勃然大怒 跟我分手了 这是真事 |
[47:34] | All she ever really wanted to do was to have an excuse to tell me | 但其实她只是想找个借口跟我说 |
[47:37] | what she thought was wrong with me. | 她觉得我有哪里做得不对 |
[47:40] | – Is that what you want? – What? | -你也是这么想的吗 -什么 |
[47:41] | – Something about me bugs you? – No. | -我有哪里让你不满意了吗 -没有 |
[47:43] | Tell me. What is it about me bugs you? | 说嘛 我哪里让你不满意了 |
[47:45] | Nothing. Nothing at all. | 完全没有 |
[47:46] | What if it had to be something, what would it be? | 如果非要说的话 是什么 |
[47:49] | If it had to be something, if I had to think about it, | 如果非要说 非要我想的话 |
[47:51] | I kind of didn’t really like this reaction back at the palm reader. | 我不太喜欢看手相的时候你的反应 |
[47:57] | You were like this rooster prick. | 你就像一只好斗的公鸡 |
[47:59] | Rooster prick? What the hell is a rooster prick? | 好斗的公鸡 那是什么玩意儿 |
[48:01] | You were like a little boy whining | 你就像是一个因为没有得到关注 |
[48:03] | because all the attention wasn’t focused on him. | 就发牢骚抱怨的小男孩 |
[48:06] | Listen, this woman robs you blind, okay? | 你被那个女人宰了知道吗 |
[48:09] | You were like a little boy, walking by an ice cream store, | 你就像一个小男孩 经过一家冰淇淋店 |
[48:12] | crying because his mother wouldn’t buy him a milk shake or something. | 因为妈妈不给你买奶昔就嗷嗷大哭 |
[48:15] | – I don’t care what the charlatan has to say about it? – Hello. | -我完全不在乎那个神棍说什么 -你们好 |
[48:20] | What? | 什么 |
[48:24] | Oh. I understand a little bit. | 我懂一点点 |
[48:25] | But he doesn’t at all. I’m sorry. | 但他完全不懂 不好意思 |
[48:28] | Okay, so, um… | 好吧 那… |
[48:30] | May I ask you a question? | 我可以问你一个问题吗 |
[48:33] | Yeah. | 可以 |
[48:34] | So, I would like to make a deal with you. | 我想跟你做个交易 |
[48:39] | I mean, instead of just asking you for money, | 不想直接问你们要钱 |
[48:41] | I will ask you for a word. | 我想让你说一个词 |
[48:44] | You give me a word. I’ll take the word. | 你告诉我一个词 |
[48:45] | Then I will write a poem with the word inside. | 我写一首包含这个词的诗 |
[48:51] | And if you like it, I mean, if you like my poem, | 如果你喜欢我的诗的话 |
[48:54] | if you feel it adds something to your life in any way, | 如果你觉得它为你的生活增添了点什么 |
[48:57] | then you can pay me whatever you feel like. | 你再付点钱给我 多少钱都可以 |
[49:00] | I write in English, of course. | 当然了 是用英文写 |
[49:03] | – Okay. – All right. Great. | -没问题 -好的 |
[49:08] | So? | 那么 |
[49:11] | Pick a word. | 说一个词吧 |
[49:14] | A word. Um… milkshake. | 一个词 奶昔 |
[49:18] | Milkshake. Oh, good. I was gonna say “Rooster prick.” | 奶昔 挺好 我还准备说好斗的公鸡 |
[49:20] | But great. Milk shake. | 但奶昔也挺好的 |
[49:22] | Milkshake? Okay. Milkshake. | 奶昔吗 好吧 就奶昔 |
[49:27] | – All right, so, we’ll… – Good. | -那我们就… -好的 |
[49:40] | Gotta say I like this Viennese variation of a bum. | 我还挺喜欢维也纳这种特有的流浪汉 |
[49:44] | I like what he said about adding something to your life, no? | 我喜欢他说的那句 “给你的生活增添点什么” |
[49:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[49:47] | So, uh, were we having our first fight back there? | 我们刚刚算第一次吵架吗 |
[49:51] | – No. – Yeah, I think so. | -不算 -可我觉得是 |
[49:53] | I think we were. | 我觉得我们刚是在吵 |
[49:55] | Even if we were a little bit, | 即使是吵了一下下 |
[49:57] | why does everyone think conflict is so bad? | 为什么大家都要觉得起冲突是不好的 |
[49:59] | There’s a lot of good things coming out of conflict. | 在冲突中也会产生很多好事啊 |
[50:01] | Yeah. Yeah, I guess so. I don’t know. | 或许吧 我也不清楚 |
[50:05] | I always think if I could just accept | 我总是觉得要是我能甘心接受 |
[50:07] | the fact that my life was supposed to be difficult, | 我的生活注定艰难 |
[50:09] | that’s what’s to be expected, | 没有任何盼头 |
[50:11] | then I might not get so pissed off about it | 那我就不会对生活有诸多不满 |
[50:13] | and I’d be glad when something nice happens. | 有了好事 我也更能体会到快乐 |
[50:16] | Maybe that’s why I’m still in school. | 或许这也是为什么我还在上学 |
[50:18] | It’s easier to have something to fight against. | 更容易找到抗争的对象 |
[50:20] | Yeah, well, we’ve all had such competitiveness ingrained in us. | 竞争的观念如此根深蒂固 |
[50:25] | I can be doing the most nothing thing. | 我可能在做最没有意义的事情 |
[50:27] | I can be throwing some darts, shooting some pool, | 在玩飞镖 在打台球 |
[50:31] | and all of a sudden I feel it come over me | 然而突然之间 有个念头出现在我脑海中 |
[50:34] | I have got to win. | 我一定要成功 |
[50:36] | Is that why you tried to get me off the train? Competitiveness? | 所以你才要我和你一起下车吗 竞争 |
[50:40] | – What do you mean? – Okay. | -什么意思 -好了 |
[50:43] | Got your poem. | 你的诗写好了 |
[50:45] | Oh, all right. | 好的 |
[50:48] | Will you read it to us? | 你可以读给我们吗 |
[50:53] | Sure. Okay. | 当然可以 |
[50:59] | “Daydream delusion, | “白日幻像 |
[51:01] | limousine eyelash. | 华美睫毛 |
[51:04] | Oh, baby, with your pretty face. | 你美丽的面庞 |
[51:08] | Drop a tear in my wine glass. | 泪滴落了我的酒杯 |
[51:10] | Look at those big eyes. | 你的深眸 |
[51:12] | See what you mean to me? | 你是我的什么 |
[51:14] | sweet cakes and milk shakes. | 甜甜的蛋糕 和奶昔 |
[51:18] | I’m a delusion angel. | 我是幻境天使 |
[51:20] | I’m a fantasy parade. | 仙境的花车 |
[51:23] | I want you to know what I think. | 我要对你坦白 |
[51:24] | Don’t want you to guess anymore. | 不用再猜测 |
[51:27] | You have no idea where I came from. | 你不知道我从何而来 |
[51:30] | We have no idea where we’re going. | 我们不知道自己去向何处 |
[51:32] | Lodged in life like branches in the river. | 投身生活的大河 |
[51:36] | Flowing downstream, caught in the current. | 顺势前行 随波逐流 |
[51:39] | I’ll carry you. You’ll carry me. | 我们携手同行 |
[51:43] | That’s how it could be. | 我们可以一起 |
[51:46] | Don’t you know me? | 你明白我的心了吗 |
[51:49] | Don’t you know me by now?” | 你明白了吗” |
[51:52] | Great. | 真棒 |
[51:53] | – Thanks. – Thanks, man. | -谢谢你 -多谢了 |
[51:59] | Here you go, | 给你的 |
[52:02] | – Thanks. – All right. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[52:04] | – Here. Thank you. – Thank you. | -给你 谢谢 -谢谢 |
[52:07] | – Good luck, man. – Bye. | -保重 兄弟 -再见 |
[52:08] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[52:24] | – That’s wonderful, no? – Yeah, yeah. | -诗写得真好 -是啊 |
[52:30] | – What? – You know he probably didn’t just write that. | -怎么了 -你知道他应该不是即兴创作的吧 |
[52:33] | He wrote it, but he probably just plugs that word in? | 是他写的 但大概只是加了你给的词进去 |
[52:36] | You know whatever milk shake. | 奶昔 什么的 |
[52:38] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[52:40] | Nothing. I loved it. It was great. | 没什么 我很喜欢这首诗 写得很好 |
[52:50] | – You know what drives me crazy? – What? | -你知道我受不了什么吗 -什么 |
[52:52] | There’s all these people talking | 大家都说科技多么好 |
[52:53] | about how great technology is and how it saves time. | 怎么帮大家节省时间 |
[52:56] | But what good is saved time if nobody uses it, | 但如果大家没好好利用节省下的时间 |
[52:59] | if it just turns into more busy work? | 而只是进行更多繁忙的工作 又有什么意义 |
[53:01] | – Yeah. – Right? | -是啊 -对吧 |
[53:02] | You never hear somebody say, | 你不会听人说 |
[53:02] | “Well, with the time I’ve saved by using my word processor, | “因为使用电脑而节省下的时间 |
[53:06] | I’m gonna go to a Zen monastery and hang out.” | 我要去禅寺修行一段时间” |
[53:09] | You don’t hear that. | 你不会听人这样说 |
[53:10] | Time is abstract anyway. | 时间这个概念太抽象了 |
[53:13] | – Were you looking at this girl? – What? | -你刚是在打量那个姑娘吗 -什么 |
[53:18] | – You want to go in here? – What? | -你想要进去吗 -什么 |
[53:19] | – You want to go in here? – Yeah. It’s a club, no? | -你想要进去吗 -是个夜店吧 |
[53:25] | – You want to go? – Yeah. | -你想去吗 -好啊 |
[53:26] | Hello. | 你好 |
[53:28] | Fifty schillings. | 五十先令 |
[53:29] | – Fifty schillings. – Each. | -五十先令 -每人 |
[53:32] | I got a hundred. Here. I got it. | 我这里有一百先令 给你 我来吧 |
[53:35] | I’ll buy you a beer. Thank you. | 我给你买杯啤酒 谢谢 |
[54:25] | – You gonna buy me a beer? – Yeah. | -你要给我买杯啤酒吗 -对 |
[54:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[54:31] | You think Old Milwaukee is expensive here? | 这的老密尔沃基啤酒会贵吗 |
[54:54] | Merde! | 他妈的 |
[55:01] | We haven’t talked about this yet, but are you dating anyone? | 我们还没聊到这个 但是你现在有和人交往吗 |
[55:06] | You got a boyfriend waiting on you back in Paris or anything like that? | 在巴黎有男朋友等你回去吗 |
[55:10] | – No, not right now. – Not right? But you did. | -暂时没有 -暂时没有 但之前有 |
[55:14] | We broke up about six months ago. | 我们六个月前分手了 |
[55:16] | – Six months? – Yeah. | -六个月 -是的 |
[55:17] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[55:19] | I mean, I’m not that sorry. But tell me about him. | 其实也不是那么抱歉吧 跟我说说他 |
[55:22] | Oh, no. No way. I can’t. | 绝对不要 我不行 |
[55:23] | – It’s really really boring. – Come on, tell me about him. | -很没劲的 -说说嘛 |
[55:29] | Okay. I was really disappointed. | 我真的很失望了 |
[55:32] | I thought this one would last for a while. | 我以为可以和他长久的 |
[55:34] | I mean, he was very stupid, ugly, bad in bed, | 即使他又蠢 长得也不好看 活又差 |
[55:38] | alcoholic, you know. | 还酗酒 |
[55:41] | – A real prizewinner. – Yeah. | -真是一朵奇葩啊 -是的 |
[55:44] | I was kind of giving him a favor, but he left me, | 我算是同情他 他却离我而去 |
[55:47] | saying I loved him too much | 说我爱的太深 |
[55:48] | and, you know, I was blocking his artistic expression and stuff. | 让他没有了艺术创作的灵感 |
[55:52] | Shit like that, you know. | 这之类的屁话 |
[55:55] | But anyway, I was traumatized and became… | 我有些受伤 |
[55:58] | And became totally obsessed with him. | 变得对他很痴迷 |
[56:01] | And so I went to see this shrink, | 所以我去看了心理医生 |
[56:02] | you know, and it came up that I had written | 结果我写了一篇 |
[56:03] | this little, stupid story | 挺无聊的小故事 |
[56:05] | about this woman trying to kill her boyfriend… | 一个女人想要杀死自己男朋友… |
[56:07] | and how she was gonna do it, you know, all the intricate details. | 要如何操作 所有的细节 |
[56:13] | How to do it and not get caught. | 如何杀人而不被抓 |
[56:14] | She was gonna kill her boyfriend? | 她想杀死自己的男朋友 |
[56:16] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[56:18] | Yeah, she was. I mean… | 是的 她是那么打算的 |
[56:20] | It’s nothing I would do, but it was just some writing. | 我不会那么做的 不过是写着玩玩 |
[56:23] | No, I understand. | 我明白 |
[56:24] | Anyway, this stupid shrink believed everything I was telling her. | 这个蠢货心理医生却全都信了 |
[56:27] | It was my first time seeing her. | 我第一次见她 |
[56:29] | She said she had to call the police. | 她说她得报警 |
[56:31] | She had to call the police? | 得报警 |
[56:33] | She was… Merde! She was | 她就像 妈的 她就像 |
[56:35] | totally convinced I was really gonna do it. | 完全相信我会真的去杀人 |
[56:37] | Even though I’d explained | 即使我跟她解释了 |
[56:39] | to her it was just some writing and stuff. | 不过是写的小说而已 |
[56:41] | She said, looking deep into my eyes, “The way you said it. | 她直视着我的眼睛 对我说 “你表达的方式 |
[56:44] | I know you are going to do it, the way you said it!” | 让我觉得你会下手的” |
[56:46] | She was totally out of her mind. | 她真是疯了 |
[56:50] | It was my first and last session. | 那是我第一次也是最后一次见她 |
[56:52] | So what happened then? | 然后呢 |
[56:56] | I totally got over him, you know. | 我完全忘记他了 |
[56:58] | But now I’m obsessed that | 但现在我又痴迷着 |
[57:00] | he’s gonna die from an accident a thousand kilometers away. | 他应该会在千里之外死于非命这个想法 |
[57:04] | – Oh, right. – I’m gonna be the one accused. | -是吗 -我就成了头号嫌疑犯 |
[57:09] | Why is it you become obsessed | 为什么你会痴迷于 |
[57:11] | with people you don’t really like that much? | 你不怎么喜欢的人呢 |
[57:14] | – You know what I mean? – I don’t know. | -你懂我的意思吗 -不太懂 |
[57:18] | So how about you? | 那你呢 |
[57:21] | – What? – Are you with anyone? | -什么 -你有在和谁交往吗 |
[57:25] | It’s funny how we managed to avoid this subject for so long. | 我们居然这么久才聊到这个 |
[57:29] | Yeah, but now you have to tell me. | 但现在你得老实告诉我了 |
[57:31] | Well, I kind of see love as this escape for two people | 我认为爱情是两个不知如何独处的人 |
[57:36] | who don’t know how to be alone, you know? | 逃避孤独的结果 |
[57:38] | Or, you know what’s funny? | 或者更有意思的是 |
[57:40] | People always talk about how | 人们总是说爱是 |
[57:42] | love is this totally unselfish, giving thing. | 如何的无私奉献 |
[57:45] | But if you think about it, there’s nothing more selfish. | 但如果你仔细想想 爱再自私不过了 |
[57:49] | Yeah, I know. | 我知道 |
[57:52] | So, who just broke up with you? | 那刚和你分手的是谁 |
[57:55] | What? | 什么 |
[57:59] | You sound like you’ve just been hurt or something. | 你听起来像是刚受过情伤 |
[58:01] | – Oh, do I? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[58:03] | All right, a big confession, you know? | 好吧 那我就坦白了 |
[58:08] | I should have told you this earlier or something, but… | 我应该早点告诉你的 但是… |
[58:11] | I didn’t come to Europe just to hang out | 我来欧洲不是为了四处转转 |
[58:14] | and read Hemingway in Paris and shit like that, you know. | 或是去巴黎读读海明威什么的 |
[58:18] | I saved up my money all spring to fly to Madrid | 我整个春天都在攒钱 就是为了飞去马德里 |
[58:21] | and spend the summer with my girlfriend who has been | 和我的女朋友一起过夏天 |
[58:24] | – Your girlfriend? – My ex-girlfriend. | -你的女朋友 -前女友 |
[58:26] | Who’s been in this asinine art history program for the last year. | 她去年参加了一个特别蠢的艺术史项目 |
[58:29] | Anyway, I got here, right, and we were reunited at long last, | 我到了那 我们终于见面了 |
[58:33] | and we went out to dinner our first night with six of her friends | 第一天晚上我们出去吃饭 还带着她的六位朋友 |
[58:37] | Pedro, Antonio, Gonzalo, | 佩德罗 安东尼奥 冈萨罗 |
[58:40] | Maria, Suzy from home, you know? | 玛丽亚 还有一起过去的苏西 |
[58:43] | She pretty much managed to avoid | 在头几天 她差不多是一直 |
[58:44] | being alone with me for the first couple of days, | 尽量避免和我独处 |
[58:46] | and I stuck around for a while just to kinda let it really sink in | 我呆了一段时间 才慢慢接受 |
[58:50] | that she wished I hadn’t come. | 她不希望我来这一事实 |
[58:53] | So I bought the cheapest flight out of Europe, | 所以我买了最便宜的机票 想离开欧洲 |
[58:55] | this one leaving out of Vienna tomorrow, | 就是明天离开维也纳的这一班 |
[58:57] | but it didn’t leave for a couple of weeks, | 但当时还有几周的时间 |
[58:58] | so I bought this Eurail pass, you know. | 所以我买了欧铁车票 |
[59:02] | You know what’s the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? | 你知道和人分手最糟糕的事是什么吗 |
[59:06] | – Yeah? – It’s when you remember how little you thought | -什么 -是你想到自己有多鄙视那个人 |
[59:09] | about the people you broke up with and you realize that that | 然后你意识到 |
[59:14] | is how little they’re thinking about you. | 他们同时也很鄙视你 |
[59:17] | You’d like to think that you’re both in all this pain, | 你以为你们都在痛苦 |
[59:19] | but really, they’re just, | 但实际上 他们只是想 |
[59:20] | “Hey, I’m glad you’re gone.” | “还好离开你了” |
[59:22] | Believe me, I know. | 相信我 我了解 |
[59:25] | – You should look at bright colors. – What? | -你应该看看积极的一面 -什么 |
[59:29] | That’s what the shrink told me, you know? | 这是心理医生告诉我的 |
[59:31] | I was paying her 900 francs | 我花了九百法郎 |
[59:33] | an hour to hear that I was a homicidal maniac, | 花了一个小时去听别人说我是个杀人狂 |
[59:36] | but I could perhaps shift my | 但如果我多看看积极的一面 |
[59:37] | obsession if I would concentrate on bright colors. | 或许能走出自己的执念 |
[59:40] | Well, did it work? | 有用吗 |
[59:45] | – It didn’t help your pinball. – Well, no. | -对你玩弹珠的确帮助不大 -是不行 |
[59:48] | Yeah, well, you know, I mean, I haven’t killed anyone lately. | 我最近已经不杀人了 |
[59:52] | Not lately? | 最近不杀了 |
[59:53] | Well, that’s good. You’re cured then. | 那还行 你已经痊愈了 |
[1:00:02] | I mean, there’s these breeds of monkeys, right? | 有一种猴子 |
[1:00:04] | And all they do is have sex, like, all the time. | 他们整天就知道做爱 |
[1:00:07] | And, uh, they turn out to be the least violent, | 他们成为了最不暴力 |
[1:00:09] | the most peaceful, the most happy | 最平和 最幸福的 |
[1:00:12] | You know? So, I mean, maybe foolin’ around’s not so bad. | 鬼混也没什么不好 |
[1:00:15] | Are you talking about monkeys? | 你是在说猴子吗 |
[1:00:17] | Yes, I’m talking about monkeys. | 是的 我说的就是猴子 |
[1:00:18] | – Ah, I thought so. Yeah. You know? – Why? | -我也觉得 -怎么了 |
[1:00:20] | I never heard this one, | 我从没听说过这个 |
[1:00:21] | but it reminds me of this perfect, you know, | 但却让我想到了一个说法 |
[1:00:24] | male argument to justify them fooling around. | 完美地合理化了男性鬼混的行径 |
[1:00:27] | No, no, no! Women monkeys are foolin’ around too. | 不 不 不 雌性猴子也鬼混 |
[1:00:28] | Everybody’s fooling around. | 大家都在鬼混 |
[1:00:32] | That’s cute. | 很可爱 |
[1:00:33] | You know, I have this awful, paranoid thought | 我有个挺糟又有些偏执的想法 |
[1:00:35] | that feminism was mostly invented by men | 女权不过是由男性想出来的 |
[1:00:38] | so they could, like, fool around a little more. | 所以他们可以更随心所欲地鬼混 |
[1:00:41] | You know, “Woman, free your mind. Free your body. Sleep with me. | “女人 解放你们的思想 解放你们的身体 和我睡吧 |
[1:00:44] | We’re all happy and free as long as I can fuck as much as I can.” | 只要你给我睡 我们都会幸福而自由” |
[1:00:47] | – Ah! All right, all right. – I’m sure. | -好吧 -我觉得就是这样 |
[1:00:51] | But maybe, maybe there’s some biological things at work here. | 或许生物学上来看 的确如此 |
[1:00:53] | – Biological. – If you had an island, right? | -生物学 -如果你有一座岛 |
[1:00:56] | And there were 99 women on the island and only one man, | 岛上有99个女性 却只有一名男性 |
[1:01:01] | – in a year you’d have the possibility of 99 babies. – Right. | -一年之后 岛上可能有了99个孩子 -没错 |
[1:01:03] | But if you have an island with 99 men and only one woman, | 但如果你的岛上有99个男性 却只有一名女性 |
[1:01:07] | in a year you have the possibility of only one baby. | 一年之后 可能只有一个孩子 |
[1:01:10] | – So? – So? You know what? | -所以呢 -所以 你知道吗 |
[1:01:13] | – What? – On this island, you know, | -什么 -在这座岛上 |
[1:01:15] | I think there will be only, like, maybe 43 men left | 我觉得大约只会余下43个男性 |
[1:01:18] | because they would have killed each other trying to fuck this poor woman. | 因为他们会为了争夺交配权而自相残杀 |
[1:01:21] | You know what I mean? | 明白吗 |
[1:01:22] | And on the other island, there would be 99 women, 99 babies, | 在另一个岛上 会有99个女人和99个孩子 |
[1:01:26] | and no more men | 而一个男人都没有 |
[1:01:28] | because they would have all gotten together and eaten him alive. | 因为他们会团结一心 把他生吞活剥了 |
[1:01:31] | Oh, yeah? Yeah? See, I think there’s something to that. | 是吗 我觉得这能说明点什么 |
[1:01:34] | I think on some level, | 我觉得某种程度上说 |
[1:01:35] | women don’t mind the idea of destroying a man. | 女人不介意毁掉一个男人 |
[1:01:38] | You know? Like, I was once walking | 比如说 有一次我 |
[1:01:40] | down the street with my ex-girlfriend, you know, right? | 和前女友在轧马路 |
[1:01:43] | We just walked by those, you know, | 我们碰巧路过 |
[1:01:44] | real four thuggy-looking guys next to a Camaro. | 四个凶狠的壮汉站在一辆科迈罗旁边 |
[1:01:48] | And, uh, one of ’em sure enough says, “Hey, baby, nice ass.” | 然后我们听到有一个人说”小妞 屁股很翘啊” |
[1:01:51] | So I’m like, “All right. Hey, no big deal. | 我想的就是”无所谓 多大点事 |
[1:01:53] | I’m not gonna get uptight about this.” Right? | 我也不会因为这个恼火” 是不是 |
[1:01:55] | Yeah, plus, you know, there were four of them. | 而且他们有四个呢 |
[1:01:56] | Yeah, exactly. There’s four of ’em. | 没错 四个壮汉呢 |
[1:01:58] | But she turns around, she says, “Fuck you, dickheads!” | 她扭回头然后大喊”去你妈的 臭流氓” |
[1:02:00] | And I’m like, “Okay, wait a minute here.” Right? | 我就在想”等等 什么情况” 明白吧 |
[1:02:03] | They’re not gonna come over here and kick her ass. | 他们是不可能跑过来暴打她一顿的 |
[1:02:05] | You know what I mean? | 明白我说的吗 |
[1:02:06] | So who just got pushed to the front line on that one? | 那是谁被推到冲突的前线了呢 |
[1:02:08] | You see what I’m saying? | 明白了吧 |
[1:02:09] | I mean, women say they hate it | 我的意思是 女人声称她们厌恶 |
[1:02:10] | if you’re all territorial and protective, | 保护欲和占有欲很强的男人 |
[1:02:12] | but if it suits them, then | 但到了需要的时候 |
[1:02:14] | they’ll tell you you’re being all unmanly or wimpy. | 她们就又说你唯唯诺诺软弱无能 |
[1:02:17] | You know what? I don’t think women really wants to destroy men. | 知道吗 女人并不真的想去毁掉男人 |
[1:02:19] | And if? | 而且如果 |
[1:02:22] | Even if they want to, they don’t succeed. You know what I mean? | 就算她们想 也做不到 明白吗 |
[1:02:24] | I’m sure even men are destroying women, all right? | 我觉得男人在毁掉女人们 |
[1:02:27] | or are capable of destroying women much more than women. | 或者说 比起女人 男人更会毁掉对方 |
[1:02:30] | Well, anyway. It’s depressing. You know what? | 总之 说来说去都很悲伤 你知道吗 |
[1:02:33] | What? You wanna stop talking about this? | 什么 是不想继续这个话题了吗 |
[1:02:33] | Yeah. I hate it. | 是啊 我讨厌说这个 |
[1:02:35] | – Okay. Over it. – You know, man-woman. | -好的 翻篇了 -你知道的 男人女人 |
[1:02:37] | There’s no end to this. | 说起来没完没了的 |
[1:02:38] | – Like? You know. – It’s like a skipping record, you know? | -就好像… -像出了问题的唱片 |
[1:02:41] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:02:42] | Every couple’s been having this conversation forever. | 自古以来 每对恋人都要谈论这个话题 |
[1:02:45] | And nobody came up with anything. | 但是没人能有个结论 |
[1:03:04] | I saw a documentary on that. It’s a birth dance. | 我在纪录片里看到过这个 这是出生舞 |
[1:03:07] | – A birth dance. – Yeah. | -出生舞 -没错 |
[1:03:37] | – Should I give her some money? – Yeah. | -我应该给她点钱吗 -是啊 |
[1:03:39] | Everything that’s interesting costs a little bit of money. | 有趣的事总是要花点钱的 |
[1:03:44] | So a birth dance, huh? | 这个出生舞 |
[1:03:45] | Looked a little bit like a mating dance to me. | 我觉得有点像求偶舞 |
[1:03:48] | No, but really, women used it when giving birth. | 不是 但是真的 在女人生孩子的时候跳 |
[1:03:51] | In some part of the world, they still do it. | 有些地方的女性现在还在跳 |
[1:03:54] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[1:03:55] | The woman in labor enters a tent, | 临盆的女人会进一个帐篷 |
[1:03:58] | and the women of her tribe surround her and dance, | 部落里的其他女人围成一圈然后跳舞祈福 |
[1:04:00] | and they encourage the birthing woman to dance with them | 还鼓励临盆的那个女人跟她们一起跳 |
[1:04:02] | – so as to make the birth less painful. – Yeah? | -让分娩过程没那么痛苦 -是吗 |
[1:04:05] | And when the baby’s born, they all dance in celebration. | 等孩子生出来 她们一起跳舞来庆祝新生 |
[1:04:09] | Wow. I don’t think my mom would’ve gone for that. | 我估计我妈应该不肯跳 |
[1:04:13] | I like the idea of dancing as a common function in life, | 我喜欢把舞蹈作为生活中的一部分 |
[1:04:15] | something everybody participates in. | 每个人都要参与进去的那种 |
[1:04:17] | Mmm. I know. I heard about this old guy | 我理解 我听说过有个老头 |
[1:04:20] | who, uh, was watching some young people dance, | 在看几个年轻人跳舞 |
[1:04:23] | and he said, “How beautiful. | 他就说 “跳的真美 |
[1:04:25] | They’re trying to shake off their genitals and become angels.” | 他们想把生殖器甩掉 然后成为天使 |
[1:04:28] | I like that. | 我喜欢这故事 |
[1:04:29] | All right, one question. Go back there? | 好 提个问题 回到刚刚的话题 |
[1:04:30] | When the women are dancing and being all spiritual and stuff, right? | 在女人们在跳舞祈福的时候 |
[1:04:34] | Where are the men? Are we out food gathering? | 男人们去哪了 我们是外出采集食物了吗 |
[1:04:37] | Are we not invited? Y’all don’t need us? What? | 没邀请我们 不需要我们吗 还是怎样 |
[1:04:40] | Men are lucky we | 你们该庆幸我们 |
[1:04:41] | don’t bite off their head after mating. | 在交配后不会把你们的脑袋咬下来 |
[1:04:42] | Certain insects do that, you know? Like spiders and stuff? | 有的昆虫就是这样 知道吗 蜘蛛一类的 |
[1:04:45] | – Mm-hmm. – We at least let you live. | -是啊 -我们好歹留着你们的小命 |
[1:04:47] | – What are you complaining about? – Yeah. | -你们还有啥可抱怨的呢 -有道理 |
[1:04:48] | See, you’re officially kidding, but there’s somethin’ to that. | 你看起来是在开玩笑 其实还有别的意思 |
[1:04:51] | – You keep bringing stuff like that up. – What? | -你一直在提那方面的事情 -什么啊 |
[1:04:54] | – Yeah! – No, no, no. Wait a minute. | -没错 -不 不 等一下 |
[1:04:57] | Talking seriously here. | 说认真的 |
[1:04:58] | I mean, I always feel this pressure | 我老感觉有一种压力 |
[1:05:01] | of being a strong and independent icon of womanhood | 就是我要成为个自力更生的女强人 |
[1:05:04] | and not making…making | 不能让…让 |
[1:05:05] | look like my whole life is revolving around some guy. | 我的人生看起来就是围着某个男人转 |
[1:05:10] | But… loving someone, and being loved, | 但是…爱上一个人 被他爱护 |
[1:05:14] | means so much to me. | 对我来说意义重大 |
[1:05:17] | I always make fun of it and stuff, | 虽然我总是拿这个开玩笑 |
[1:05:20] | but isn’t everything we dream in life | 但是大家一生的梦想不都是 |
[1:05:22] | a way to be loved a little more? | 希望被人多爱一点吗 |
[1:05:27] | Yeah. | 也许 |
[1:05:30] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[1:05:31] | Sometimes I dream about being a good father and a good husband. | 我有时会梦到为人父 为人夫 |
[1:05:37] | – And sometimes that feels really close. – Hmm. | -有时像真的一样 -嗯 |
[1:05:40] | But then other times, | 但是 时而 |
[1:05:43] | it seems silly, | 感觉有些傻气 |
[1:05:45] | like it would, uh, ruin my whole life. | 彷佛这样的选择会毁我一生 |
[1:05:49] | And it’s not just a…a fear of commitment | 并不是我害怕对人承诺 |
[1:05:52] | or that I’m incapable of caring or loving, | 或者没有能力关爱别人 |
[1:05:55] | because… I can. | 因为我可以 |
[1:05:58] | It’s just that… if I’m totally honest with myself, | 只是 如果审视我的内心 |
[1:06:03] | I think I’d rather die knowing that | 我宁可临死之前 |
[1:06:05] | I was really good at something, | 知道自己有所长 |
[1:06:08] | that I had excelled in some way. | 出类拔萃过 |
[1:06:10] | You know? Than that I’d just been in a nice, caring relationship. | 而不是有一段有爱的感情生活 |
[1:06:18] | Yeah. | 我懂 |
[1:06:20] | But… I had worked for this older man, | 但是 我为一位老先生工作过 |
[1:06:23] | and once he told me that he had spent all of his life | 有次他告诉我 他穷其一生 |
[1:06:27] | thinking about his career and his work. | 呕心沥血 追逐名利 |
[1:06:28] | And… he was 52, and it suddenly struck him… | 他当时52岁 他说 有天他突然感到 |
[1:06:32] | that he had never really given anything of himself. | 他从没有为自己投入过什么 |
[1:06:36] | His life was for no one and nothing. | 他是个孤家寡人 一无所有 |
[1:06:40] | He was almost crying saying that. | 他说话时几乎落泪 |
[1:06:45] | You know, I believe if there’s any kind of God, | 我相信如果世间真有神灵 |
[1:06:48] | it wouldn’t be in any of us, | 也不会在哪个人身上 |
[1:06:50] | not you or me. | 不会是你 或是我 |
[1:06:53] | But just this little space in between. | 而是在人与人之间 |
[1:06:58] | If there’s any kind of magic in this world, | 如果世间真有魔法 |
[1:07:01] | it must be in the attempt | 一定是两个人不断努力 |
[1:07:02] | of understanding someone, sharing something. | 试图理解对方 试图互相分享的过程 |
[1:07:08] | I know. It’s almost impossible to succeed. | 我知道这很难实现 |
[1:07:10] | But… who cares, really? | 但是…有谁真正在意 |
[1:07:15] | The answer must be in the attempt. | 答案就在努力的过程中 |
[1:08:26] | I really think this is a civilization in decline. | 我觉得这是赤裸裸的文明倒退 |
[1:08:28] | – Look at the service. – The service? | -看看这的服务 -服务吗 |
[1:08:30] | Where is the waitress? In New York, | 服务员呢 要是在纽约 |
[1:08:32] | this person would be out of a job. | 这个人就要卷铺盖走人 |
[1:08:41] | Okay. Now I’m gonna call my best friend in Paris, | 好 现在我要给巴黎最好的朋友打电话 |
[1:08:44] | who I’m supposed to have lunch with in eight hours. | 我本来和她约了八小时后吃午饭 |
[1:08:46] | – Okay? – Okay. | -好吗 -好 |
[1:08:50] | Dring. Dring. Dring. Dring. | 叮铃 叮铃 叮铃 |
[1:08:54] | – Dring. Dring. Pick up! – What? | -叮铃 叮铃 接电话啊 -什么 |
[1:08:57] | – Pick up the phone. – Uh, oh, hello? | -快接电话 -哦 你好 |
[1:09:00] | – Allo? Vani, c’est Celine. – Mm-hmm? | -你好 范妮 我是席琳 -嗯哼 |
[1:09:03] | Comment sa va? | 你好吗 |
[1:09:06] | Sa va bien. Et toi? | 挺好的 你呢 |
[1:09:12] | I-I’ve been workin’ on my English recently. | 我最近正在练习英语 |
[1:09:14] | You wanna talk in English? Just for laughs? | 我们可不可以说英语呢 就为了好玩 |
[1:09:16] | Yeah, okay. That’s a good idea. | 好呀 好主意 |
[1:09:19] | Um, I don’t think I’m gonna | 我觉得我回不去 |
[1:09:21] | be able to make it for lunch today. I’m sorry. | 和你吃午饭了 抱歉 |
[1:09:24] | I…I met a guy on the train, | 我在火车上遇到了个人 |
[1:09:27] | and I got off with him in Vienna. | 我跟他在维也纳下车了 |
[1:09:28] | – We’re still there. – Are you crazy? | -我们还在这呢 -你疯了吗 |
[1:09:33] | Probably. | 很有可能 |
[1:09:35] | Wh-What, he’s Austrian? He’s from there? | 他是奥地利人吗 他是本地的吗 |
[1:09:37] | No, no, no, no. He’s passing through here too. He’s American. | 不 不 他也是路过的 他是美国人 |
[1:09:40] | He’s going back home tomorrow morning. | 他明天就回家了 |
[1:09:42] | Why’d you get off the train with him? | 那你为什么跟他下车呢 |
[1:09:44] | Well, he convinced me. | 他把我说服了 |
[1:09:48] | I mean, actually, I was… | 其实 我当时… |
[1:09:50] | was ready to get off the train with him | 跟他聊了一会之后 |
[1:09:52] | after talking to him a short while. | 就想跟他下车了 |
[1:09:54] | He was so sweet, I couldn’t help it. | 他太好了 我控制不住 |
[1:09:57] | We were in the lounge car, | 我们在火车车厢里的时候 |
[1:09:59] | and he begin to talk about him as | 他给我讲 |
[1:10:00] | a little boy seeing his great-grandmother’s ghost. | 他小时候见到过曾祖母的灵魂 |
[1:10:04] | I think that’s when I fell for him. | 我就是那时迷上的他 |
[1:10:08] | Just the idea of this little boy with all those beautiful dreams. | 只是个可爱的小男孩 带着五彩斑斓的幻想 |
[1:10:13] | He trapped me. | 他捕获了我的心 |
[1:10:18] | And he’s so cute. | 他真的太帅了 |
[1:10:20] | He has beautiful blue eyes, nice pink lips. | 他的蓝眼睛超好看 还有精致的粉色嘴唇 |
[1:10:25] | Greasy hair! I love it. | 头发有点油 但是我超爱 |
[1:10:29] | He’s kind of tall and he’s a little clumsy. | 他有点高 看起来有点笨笨的 |
[1:10:34] | I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away. | 我特别喜欢自己看别处时 他看我的目光 |
[1:10:41] | He kind of kisses like an adolescent. It’s so cute. | 他吻技像中学生 太可爱了 |
[1:10:44] | – What? – Yeah, we kissed. | -什么 -没错 我们亲吻了 |
[1:10:47] | It was so adorable. | 听起来好有爱 |
[1:10:49] | As the night went on, I began to like him more and more. | 夜色越来越深 我越来越喜欢他 |
[1:10:54] | But I’m afraid he’s scared of me. | 但是我担心他有点怕我 |
[1:10:56] | You know, I told him the story about | 我给他讲了 |
[1:10:56] | the woman that kills her ex-boyfriend and stuff. | 一个姑娘谋杀了前男友什么的 |
[1:11:00] | He must be scared to death. | 他一定怕死了 |
[1:11:02] | He must be thinking I’m this manipulative, mean woman. | 他一定觉得我是那种控制人的坏女人 |
[1:11:07] | I just hope he doesn’t feel that way about me. | 我只是希望他不会那样想我 |
[1:11:10] | Because you know me. I’m the most harmless person. | 你了解我 我可是人畜无害的 |
[1:11:14] | The only person I could really hurt is myself. | 我也只能伤害自己 |
[1:11:18] | I don’t think he’s scared of you. | 我觉得他才不怕你呢 |
[1:11:20] | – I think he’s crazy about you. – Really? | -我觉得他也为你痴迷 -真的吗 |
[1:11:23] | I’ve known you a long time, and I got a good feeling. | 我认识你这么久了 我觉得没问题 |
[1:11:26] | You gonna see him again? | 你以后还会见到他吗 |
[1:11:30] | We haven’t talked about that yet. | 我们还没讨论过这个 |
[1:11:37] | Okay. It’s your turn. You call your friend. | 好啦 到你了 你给你朋友打电话 |
[1:11:40] | – Okay? – Uh…All right, all right. | -好不 -好 没问题 |
[1:11:45] | Bring, bring, bring. | 叮铃 叮铃 叮铃 |
[1:11:46] | I usually get this guy’s answering machine. Brrring! | 我老是接到他们家的答录机 |
[1:11:51] | Hi, dude. What’s up? | 嘿 哥们儿 怎么个事 |
[1:11:53] | Uh… Hey, Frank, how ya been? | 弗兰克 最近不错吧 |
[1:11:56] | Glad you’re home. | 还好你在家接电话 |
[1:11:57] | Cool. Yeah. So how was Madrid? | 还不错 马德里怎么样 |
[1:12:01] | Uh, Madrid sucked. | 马德里挺烂的 |
[1:12:03] | Uh, you know, Lisa and I had our long-overdue meltdown. | 我和丽萨积累了好久的矛盾爆发了 |
[1:12:07] | Oh, too bad. I told you, no? | 太糟了 早和你说过 兄弟 |
[1:12:09] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. The long-distance thing just never works. | 是啊 异地恋没希望的 |
[1:12:13] | I was only in Madrid for a couple days. | 我只在马德里待了几天 |
[1:12:15] | And I got a cheaper flight out of Vienna, | 有一班维也纳起飞的机票很便宜 |
[1:12:17] | but, uh, | 其实… |
[1:12:20] | you know, it really wasn’t that much cheaper. | 也没便宜多少 |
[1:12:22] | I just, uh…I couldn’t go home right away. | 只是现在…我还不能直接回家 |
[1:12:26] | I didn’t wanna see anybody I knew. | 我不想见任何认识的人 |
[1:12:27] | I just wanted to be a ghost, completely anonymous. | 我现在只想销声匿迹 没人认识我 |
[1:12:32] | – So are you okay now? – Yeah. | -现在没事了吗 -好了 |
[1:12:33] | Yeah. No, no. Yeah! I’m great. I’m great. That’s the thing. | 没事 没事 我很好 就是要说这个 |
[1:12:36] | I’m rapturous. | 我感觉好极了 |
[1:12:39] | And I’ll tell you why. | 我告诉你为什么 |
[1:12:40] | I met somebody on my last night in Europe. Can you believe that? | 我在欧洲最后一晚邂逅了个美女 敢信不 |
[1:12:44] | – That’s incredible. – I know. I know. | -那太棒了 -我知道 |
[1:12:46] | And you know how they say | 你记得人们老说的关于 |
[1:12:47] | we’re all each other’s demons and angels? | 我们是彼此的天使恶魔什么的吗 |
[1:12:51] | Well, she was literally a Botticelli angel, | 她真的就像波提切利笔下的天使 |
[1:12:54] | just tellin’ me that everything was gonna be okay. | 让我重新见识了生活的美好 |
[1:13:00] | How did you meet? | 你们怎么认识的 |
[1:13:03] | On the train. | 火车上 |
[1:13:05] | She was sittin’ next to this very weird couple | 她就挨着一对奇怪的夫妇 |
[1:13:07] | that started fighting, so she had to move. | 两个人开始吵架 她就换了座位 |
[1:13:09] | She sat right across the aisle from me. | 就和我隔个过道 |
[1:13:12] | So we started to talk. | 我们就聊起来了 |
[1:13:14] | And, uh, she didn’t like me much at first. | 她一开始没那么喜欢我 |
[1:13:16] | She’s super-smart, very passionate, | 她聪颖过人 活力四射 |
[1:13:19] | um, and beautiful. | 还美若天仙 |
[1:13:23] | And I was so unsure of myself. | 而我那么没自信 |
[1:13:26] | I thought everything I said sounded so stupid. | 我觉的我说的一切都特别傻 |
[1:13:31] | Aw, man, I wouldn’t worry about that. | 兄弟 不用担心 |
[1:13:34] | Nah, I’m sure she was not judging you. | 不会的 她肯定没挑你的不是 |
[1:13:37] | No. And by the way, she sat next to you, no? | 肯定的 而且 她不是坐你旁边了吗 |
[1:13:40] | – I’m sure she did it in purpose. – Oh, yeah? | -她肯定是故意坐那的 -是吗 |
[1:13:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:13:47] | Us men are so stupid. We don’t understand anything about women. | 我们男人都太蠢 根本搞不懂女人 |
[1:13:52] | They act kind of strange, the little I know of them. | 我也不怎么了解她们 但她们都怪怪的 |
[1:13:55] | Don’t they? | 是吧 |
[1:13:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:14:03] | I feel like this is some dream world we’re in, you know? | 我感觉现在好像在梦境里 |
[1:14:07] | Yeah, it’s so weird. | 是啊 怪怪的 |
[1:14:10] | It’s like our time together is just ours. | 好像我们的时间只属于自己 |
[1:14:12] | It’s our own creation. | 是自己创造的时空 |
[1:14:14] | It must be like I’m in your dream | 一定是我在你的梦里 |
[1:14:16] | and you’re in mine or something. | 或者你在我的梦里什么的 |
[1:14:18] | And what’s so cool is that | 最酷的就是 |
[1:14:21] | this whole evening, all our time together, | 这一整夜 我们共处的时光 |
[1:14:23] | shouldn’t officially be happening. | 都本不该发生的 |
[1:14:26] | Yeah, I know. Maybe that’s why this feels so otherworldly. | 是啊 所以才有恍然如梦的感觉吧 |
[1:14:31] | But then the morning comes and we turn into pumpkins, right? | 但等朝阳升起 我们就又变回南瓜 对吗 |
[1:14:36] | I know. | 是啊 |
[1:14:38] | But at this time, I think you’re supposed to | 但是到了这时候 你应该 |
[1:14:40] | produce the glass slipper and see if it fits. | 拿出一只水晶鞋 看看合脚不合脚 |
[1:14:43] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[1:14:46] | It’ll fit. | 一定合脚 |
[1:15:06] | This friend of mine had a kid, and it was a home birth, | 我的一个朋友有个孩子 是在家里出生的 |
[1:15:08] | so he was there helping out and everything. | 他在那里帮忙打下手 |
[1:15:11] | But he said at that profound moment of birth… | 但他说孩子出生的那个重大时刻… |
[1:15:15] | Uh, he was watching his child experiencing life for the first time, | 他看到 孩子来到世间的第一刻 |
[1:15:19] | trying to take its first breath. | 努力呼吸第一口空气 |
[1:15:21] | All he could think about was that | 但他当时脑子里的想法只有 |
[1:15:23] | he was lookin’ at somethin’ that was gonna die someday. | 眼前的婴儿总有一天也会死去 |
[1:15:27] | He just couldn’t get it out of his head. | 这个想法挥之不去 |
[1:15:30] | And I think that’s so true. You know, everything is so finite. | 真的很对 万物都有终点 |
[1:15:34] | I mean, but…but don’t you think that’s what, um, | 但不正是这一点 |
[1:15:37] | makes our time and specific moments so important? | 才让我们的时间如此宝贵吗 |
[1:15:41] | Yeah, I know. It’s the same for us tonight though. | 我们今晚也是一样的 |
[1:15:47] | After tomorrow morning, | 明早过后 |
[1:15:48] | we’re probably never gonna see each other again, right? | 我们也许再也不会相见 |
[1:15:53] | You don’t think we’ll ever see each other again? | 你觉得我们以后见不到了吗 |
[1:15:57] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[1:16:05] | Gosh, I don’t know. Uh… | 天哪 我不知道 |
[1:16:08] | – I mean, I hadn’t planned another trip to… – Uh, me too. | -我还没准备下一次旅行… -我也是 |
[1:16:10] | I mean, I live in Paris. You live in the US. I totally understand… | 我在巴黎 你在美国 我很能理解… |
[1:16:13] | I’d hate to make you fly. You hate to fly, right? | 我不想让你飞过去 你不喜欢坐飞机对吧 |
[1:16:16] | I’m not so scared of flying. | 我不是很怕坐飞机 |
[1:16:19] | – I mean, I could. – Well, if you were gonna come to the US | -我是说非得坐的话 -如果你能来美国 |
[1:16:23] | or if, you know, I mean, if I… | 要么…也许我… |
[1:16:26] | Or you know, I mean, I could come back here. | 我也可以再回来 |
[1:16:29] | What? What? | 怎么了 |
[1:16:31] | No, let’s just be rational adults about this. | 咱们先成熟理智地思考一下 |
[1:16:35] | We… | 我们… |
[1:16:37] | Maybe we should try something different. | 我们不要这样了 |
[1:16:39] | I mean, it’s not so bad if tonight is our only night, right? | 就算只见这一晚也不算糟糕吧 |
[1:16:44] | People always exchange phone numbers, addresses. | 人们总是交换电话号码 通信地址 |
[1:16:46] | They end up writing once, calling each other once or twice. | 结果就写一封信 打一两通电话 |
[1:16:49] | Right. Fizzles out. | 是 很快就淡了 |
[1:16:51] | Yeah. I mean, I don’t want that. I hate that. | 是 我不想那样 我讨厌那样 |
[1:16:54] | I hate that too. Yeah. | 我也讨厌那样 的确 |
[1:16:57] | Why do you think everybody thinks | 再说了 为什么所有人都觉得 |
[1:16:58] | relationships are supposed to last forever anyway? | 美好的关系就该永远持续下去 |
[1:17:00] | Yeah, why? It’s stupid. | 是的 为什么 太蠢了 |
[1:17:04] | But you think tonight’s it, huh? | 但你认为就只有今晚了吗 |
[1:17:07] | I mean, that… tonight’s our only night? | 我们就只相处这一晚 |
[1:17:12] | It’s the only way, no? | 只能这样了 |
[1:17:18] | Well, all right. | 行 |
[1:17:20] | Let’s do it. | 那就这样 |
[1:17:22] | No delusions. No projections. | 没有妄想 没有期许 |
[1:17:26] | We’ll just make tonight great. | 就让今夜熠熠生辉 |
[1:17:30] | – Okay, let’s do that. – Okay. | -好 就这么做 -好 |
[1:17:49] | We should do some kind of handshake, you know? | 我们应该握手言定 |
[1:17:52] | Give me your hand. | 把手给我 |
[1:17:54] | All right. | 好 |
[1:17:57] | To our one and only night together… | 致我们共度的唯一一个晚上 |
[1:18:03] | and, uh, the hours that remain. | 以及余下的几个小时 |
[1:18:14] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:18:18] | It’s just… It’s depressing, no? | 就是觉得…很忧伤 不是吗 |
[1:18:22] | Now the only thing we’re gonna think of is | 从现在开始 我们两个就只会 |
[1:18:25] | when we’re gonna have to say good-bye tomorrow. | 想着明天什么时候道别了 |
[1:18:28] | We could say good-bye now. | 我们可以现在道别 |
[1:18:29] | Then we wouldn’t have to worry about it in the morning. | 这样到早上就不会有负担了 |
[1:18:31] | – Now? – Yeah. Say good-bye. | -现在吗 -是的 说拜拜 |
[1:18:34] | – Bye! – Good-bye! | -拜 -拜拜 |
[1:18:38] | Au revoir! | 再见 |
[1:18:39] | – Later. – Later. | -回见 -回见 |
[1:19:11] | All right. So here’s the plan, right? | 好 我们这样 |
[1:19:12] | You’re gonna grab the glasses and I’m gonna get the wine. | 你去拿杯子 我去拿酒 |
[1:19:16] | – Red wine. – Red wine. Right. | -红酒 -红酒 好 |
[1:19:18] | – You think you can do that? – No problem. | -你觉得能拿到吗 -没问题 |
[1:19:26] | – Wish me luck. – Good luck. | -祝我好运 -祝你好运 |
[1:19:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:19:32] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:19:36] | – Do you speak English? – Mmm. A bit. | -你说英语吗 -一点点 |
[1:19:38] | – Yeah? A bit? Well, All right. – Yeah. | -是吗 一点点 那好 -是的 |
[1:19:40] | I’m having kind of an odd situation, which is that, um… | 这事说来奇怪 那个… |
[1:19:44] | Uh. This is… You see that girl over there? | 这个… 你看到那位姑娘了吧 |
[1:19:50] | – Yeah. – Yeah? Well, this is our only night together. | -嗯 -我们只能共度这一个晚上 |
[1:19:54] | Um, and she, uh… All right. | 而她…好吧 |
[1:19:58] | Here’s the problem. The problem is that she wants a bottle of red wine. | 问题在于 她想点瓶红酒 |
[1:20:01] | And I don’t have any money. You see? | 而我又没钱 懂吗 |
[1:20:05] | But what I was thinkin’ was that you might wanna, um, | 但是我想你可以 |
[1:20:09] | uh, give me the address of this bar. | 留下这里的地址 |
[1:20:11] | No. I know. And I would promise to send you the money. | 我知道这听着很扯 但我保证寄钱给你 |
[1:20:14] | And you’d be making our night complete. | 我们的夜晚就等你成就了 |
[1:20:17] | – You would send me the money? – Yes. | -你会寄钱给我 -是的 |
[1:20:25] | Your hand? | 一言为定 |
[1:20:28] | Okay. | 行 |
[1:20:42] | For the greatest night in your life. | 为了你生命中最美的一夜 |
[1:20:45] | Thank you very much. | 太感谢了 |
[1:21:10] | So often in my life | 我有过好多次 |
[1:21:11] | I’ve been with people and shared beautiful moments | 与他人共度时光 分享美好时刻 |
[1:21:14] | like traveling or staying up all night and watching the sunrise, | 一起旅行 一起不睡觉等日出 |
[1:21:19] | and I knew those were special moments. | 我知道那些时刻很特别 |
[1:21:22] | But something was always wrong. | 但总感觉哪里不对劲 |
[1:21:25] | I wished I’d been with someone else. | 是在一起的人不对 |
[1:21:29] | I knew that what I was feeling, | 我很清楚自己当时的感受 |
[1:21:32] | exactly what was so important to me, | 对我很重要的事情 |
[1:21:34] | they didn’t understand. | 他们却都不懂 |
[1:21:40] | But I’m happy to be with you. | 但我跟你一起很开心 |
[1:21:45] | You couldn’t possibly know why a night like this | 你不会知道为什么这样的夜晚 |
[1:21:47] | is so important to my life right now, | 对我现在的生活如此重要 |
[1:21:51] | but it is. | 但真的很重要 |
[1:21:55] | This is a great morning. | 早上真美好 |
[1:21:58] | It is a great morning. | 是很美好 |
[1:22:02] | Do you think we’ll have others like this? | 你觉得我们还会拥有这样的早晨吗 |
[1:22:06] | – What? – What about our rational, adult decision? | -怎么 -成熟理智的思考呢 |
[1:22:10] | Oh, yeah. Yeah. | 对哦 |
[1:22:16] | I know what you mean about | 不过我懂你说的 |
[1:22:17] | wishing that somebody wasn’t there though. | 想当初如果某人不在场就好了 |
[1:22:21] | It’s just usually, it’s myself that I wish I could get away from. | 但我总是希望自己当时能避开 |
[1:22:26] | Seriously, think about this. | 说真的 你想想 |
[1:22:28] | I have never been anywhere that I haven’t been. | 我去过的地方 自己怎么可能不在场 |
[1:22:33] | I’ve never, uh, had a kiss when I wasn’t one of the kissers. | 吻过的人 嘴唇怎么可能没触碰过 |
[1:22:37] | You know, I’ve never, um, | 还有 |
[1:22:39] | gone to the movies when I wasn’t there in the audience. | 看过的电影 我不可能不在观众席 |
[1:22:43] | I never been out bowling if I wasn’t there, | 如果我去打保龄球 |
[1:22:45] | you know, makin’ some stupid joke. | 我不可能不开些蠢蠢的玩笑 |
[1:22:47] | I think that’s why so many people hate themselves. Seriously. | 这大概就是为什么那么多人讨厌自己 真的 |
[1:22:51] | It’s just that they are sick to death of being around themselves. | 特别讨厌跟自己相处 |
[1:22:56] | Let’s say you and I were together all the time. | 假设我们时时刻刻都在一起 |
[1:23:00] | You’d start to hate a lot of my mannerisms… | 你一定会开始讨厌我的很多行为 |
[1:23:03] | and the way, uh… | 比如… |
[1:23:04] | The way every time that we would have people over, uh, | 每次朋友来我们家做客 |
[1:23:08] | I’d be insecure and I’d get a little too drunk. | 我就会没有安全感 喝酒喝太多 |
[1:23:11] | Or, uh, the way I tell the same stupid, | 或者讨厌我每次都讲的 |
[1:23:14] | pseudo-intellectual story again and again. | 自作聪明的破故事 |
[1:23:20] | You see, I’ve heard all those stories. | 这些故事我可听过不少呢 |
[1:23:22] | So, of course I’m sick of myself. | 我当然受够自己了 |
[1:23:26] | But… | 但是 |
[1:23:29] | being with you, uh, | 和你在一起 |
[1:23:33] | has made me feel like I was somebody else. | 让我觉得自己变成了另外一个人 |
[1:23:37] | And the only other way to lose yourself like that is, um, | 而其它能这样灵魂出窍的方法就只有… |
[1:23:42] | you know, dancing or alcohol or… | 比如 跳舞 喝酒 |
[1:23:47] | drugs and stuff like that. | 嗑药之类的 |
[1:23:52] | Fucking? | 做爱 |
[1:23:55] | – Fu…Fucking. Yeah. That’s one way. Yeah. – Yeah? | -做爱 没错 是个办法 -是吧 |
[1:24:12] | Do you know what I want? | 你知道我想要什么吗 |
[1:24:15] | What? | 什么 |
[1:24:20] | To be kissed. | 被亲吻 |
[1:24:25] | Well, I can do that. | 那让我来 |
[1:24:40] | Wait. Wait. | 等等 |
[1:24:46] | I have to say something stupid. | 我得说句很傻的话 |
[1:24:49] | All right. | 你说 |
[1:24:52] | – It’s very stupid. – Okay. | -傻到家了 -说吧 |
[1:24:57] | I don’t think we should sleep together. | 我觉得不该跟你发生关系 |
[1:25:01] | I mean, I want to, but | 我很想 但是 |
[1:25:02] | since we’re never gonna see each other again, | 因为我们再见不到对方 |
[1:25:06] | it’ll make me feel bad. | 可能会让我伤感 |
[1:25:09] | I’ll wonder who else you’re with. I’ll miss you. | 我会胡思乱想你跟谁在一起 会想你 |
[1:25:17] | I know. It’s not very adult. | 我知道 这想法不成熟 |
[1:25:20] | Maybe it’s a female thing. I can’t help it. | 也许女性都这样 我也没办法 |
[1:25:23] | Let’s see each other again. | 我们还是再见面吧 |
[1:25:27] | No, I don’t want you to break our vow just so you can get laid. | 我可不想让你为了上床就选择毁约 |
[1:25:32] | I don’t wanna just get laid. I want to, um… | 我不只为了上床 我是想的 |
[1:25:35] | I mean, I mean, I think we should. | 我们应该上 |
[1:25:40] | I mean, we die in the morning, right? | 早上我们就都不复存在了吧 |
[1:25:43] | – I think we should. – No. Then it’s like some male fantasy. | -我觉得应该 -不 那就成了男人的渴望 |
[1:25:46] | Meet a French girl on the train, | 火车上偶遇法国姑娘 |
[1:25:48] | fuck her and never see her again. | 上床之后再不相见 |
[1:25:50] | This great story to tell. I don’t wanna be a great story. | 这是男人用来炫耀的 我可不想当主角 |
[1:25:51] | I don’t want this great evening to just have been for that. | 不想这么重要的一夜那样收场 |
[1:25:56] | – Okay. – Okay? | -好吧 -好吗 |
[1:25:57] | Okay. We don’t have to have sex. It’s not a big deal. | 好 我们不上床 没什么大不了的 |
[1:26:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:26:12] | You don’t wanna see me again? | 你不想再见我吗 |
[1:26:15] | No, of course I do. Listen. | 当然想 这么说吧 |
[1:26:17] | If somebody gave me the choice right now | 如果现在有人给我两个选择 |
[1:26:19] | of to never see you again or to marry you, | 再不见你 还是跟你结婚 |
[1:26:22] | I would marry you, all right? | 我会跟你结婚 知道吗 |
[1:26:24] | And maybe that’s a lot of romantic bullshit, | 可能听着是很扯的情话 |
[1:26:26] | but people have gotten married for a lot less. | 但也有好多人结婚的时候远不如这个浪漫 |
[1:26:32] | Actually…I think | 其实我 |
[1:26:35] | I decided I wanted to sleep with you when we got off the train. | 跟你下车时我就想跟你上床了 |
[1:26:43] | Now that we’ve talked so much, I don’t know anymore. | 但现在聊了这么多 我又不确定了 |
[1:26:46] | – Oh, God. – What? | -上帝啊 -怎么 |
[1:26:57] | Why do I make everything so complicated? | 我怎么什么事都搞得这么复杂 |
[1:27:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:28:03] | What do you think’s the first | 等你回到巴黎 |
[1:28:04] | thing you’re gonna do when you get back to Paris? | 你立马会做什么 |
[1:28:07] | Call my parents. What about you? | 打电话给我父母 你呢 |
[1:28:11] | I don’t know. I’ll probably go pick up my dog. | 我不知道 可能去接狗狗回家 |
[1:28:14] | He’s stayin’ with a friend of mine. | 现在寄养在我朋友家 |
[1:28:15] | – You have a dog? I love dogs. – Yeah. You do? | -你养狗 我很喜欢狗 -嗯 是吗 |
[1:28:17] | – Yeah. – Oh. Oh, shit. | -是的 -糟糕 |
[1:28:20] | What? | 怎么 |
[1:28:21] | I don’t know. We’re back in real time. | 我不知道 我们回到现实了 |
[1:28:25] | I know. I hate that. | 是的 我讨厌这样 |
[1:28:27] | What is that? | 什么声音 |
[1:28:30] | Sounds like a harpsichord. | 听着像古钢琴 |
[1:28:32] | – Oh, check that out. – Somebody’s playing. | -去看看 -有人在弹琴 |
[1:28:43] | That’s cool. | 真厉害 |
[1:28:59] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:29:03] | You ever danced to a harpsichord? | 伴着古钢琴这样跳过舞吗 |
[1:29:05] | Of course. | 当然 |
[1:29:10] | – Oh, wow. – What? | -哇 -怎么了 |
[1:29:16] | Uh, I’m gonna take your picture… | 我要给你照个相 |
[1:29:19] | so I never forget you | 永远记住你 |
[1:29:21] | or, uh, Or all this. | 记住这一切 |
[1:29:25] | Okay. Me too. | 好 我也要 |
[1:30:25] | “The years shall run like rabbits.” | “时光定如白驹过隙” |
[1:30:31] | What? | 什么 |
[1:30:34] | Nothin’. Nothin’. | 没什么 |
[1:30:38] | I have this, uh, recording of Dylan Thomas | 我有一段迪伦·汤马斯 |
[1:30:42] | reading a W.H. Auden poem. | 朗读威斯坦·休·奥登一首诗的录音 |
[1:30:44] | He’s got a great voice. | 他的声音很棒 |
[1:30:47] | – He just…It’s like… – Hmm? What? | -他就…好像这样 -什么 |
[1:30:52] | “All the clocks in the city began to whir and chime. | “城里的钟声已开始呼呼作响 |
[1:30:57] | Oh, let not time deceive you. | 噢 莫叫时光把你欺瞒 |
[1:31:00] | You cannot conquer time. | 时光它怎能战胜 |
[1:31:03] | In headaches and in worry, | 头痛心焦 |
[1:31:05] | vaguely life leaks away, | 生命在朦胧中溜走 |
[1:31:08] | and time will have his fancy | 时间它终将得逞 |
[1:31:11] | tomorrow or today.” | 不是明朝就在今日” |
[1:31:14] | Somethin’ like that. | 大概是这样 |
[1:31:16] | It’s good. | 不错 |
[1:31:25] | When you talked earlier about after a few years | 你之前说在一起生活几年后 |
[1:31:29] | how a couple would begin to hate each other | 夫妻会开始讨厌彼此 |
[1:31:31] | by anticipating their reactions or getting tired of their mannerisms, | 掌握了对方的反应 或是受不了对方的习惯 |
[1:31:37] | I think it would be the opposite for me. | 我觉得我正好相反 |
[1:31:41] | I think I can really fall in love when I know everything about someone | 如果我对一个人了如指掌 我会爱到无法自拔 |
[1:31:46] | The way he’s gonna part his hair, which shirt he’s gonna wear that day, | 他的分头怎么梳 那天要穿什么衬衫 |
[1:31:50] | knowing the exact story he’d tell in a given situation. | 清楚各种状况下他会讲的故事 |
[1:31:56] | I’m sure that’s when I know I’m really in love. | 我深爱别人的时候肯定是这样 |
[1:32:21] | – Hey, guess what. – What? | -对了 -怎么 |
[1:32:23] | We didn’t go to those guys’ play. | 我们没去看他们的剧 |
[1:32:25] | – Play? – Yeah. | -剧 -是的 |
[1:32:27] | – The cow? – Yeah. | -奶牛吗 -是的 |
[1:32:28] | Oh, yeah, we didn’t. Oh, no. We missed it. | 对哦 没去 竟然错过了 |
[1:32:58] | Okay. You know what bus you’re taking to the airport, right? | 你知道去机场坐哪班巴士吧 |
[1:33:00] | – Yeah, no problem. – I should get on this one. | -知道 -我得上车了 |
[1:33:03] | – Right here? You wanna get on that one? – Yeah. | -就这 这节车厢么 – 是的 |
[1:33:05] | – Um… – Okay. | -那个 -好吧 |
[1:33:09] | – I guess this is it, no? – Yeah. | -看来是时候了对吧 -是 |
[1:33:12] | Um, I really | 我真的 |
[1:33:15] | I-I…I mean, You know. | 我…你知道 |
[1:33:20] | Yeah, I know. Me too. | 我知道 我也是 |
[1:33:24] | I… My… Yeah. | 我…我的… |
[1:33:28] | Have a great life. Have fun with everything you’re gonna do. | 生活愉快 一切如愿 |
[1:33:31] | All right, all right. Good luck with school and all that. | 行吧 祝你好运 学业进步 |
[1:33:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:33:35] | Well, I hate this. | 我讨厌这样 |
[1:33:38] | – Me too. The train is about to leave. – Yeah. | -我也是 火车要开了 -是的 |
[1:33:48] | Listen. All this bullshit we were talkin’ about… | 听着 我们之前说的那些鬼话 |
[1:33:51] | About not seeing each other again? | 说不再见面的事 |
[1:33:53] | – I don’t wanna do that. – I don’t wanna do that either. | -我不想那样 -我也不想 |
[1:33:55] | – You don’t either? – I was waiting for you to say. | -你也不想吗 -我在等你说 |
[1:33:57] | Why didn’t you say something? | 你怎么不说 |
[1:33:59] | I was afraid maybe you didn’t want to see me. | 我怕你不想再见我 |
[1:34:01] | Listen, what do you wanna do? | 你想怎么办 |
[1:34:04] | Maybe… Maybe we should meet here in five years or something. | 要不…我们五年后来这里重聚 |
[1:34:07] | All right, all right. Five years? Five years? That’s a long time. | 好 五年吗 五年 那么久 |
[1:34:09] | Yes, it’s awful. It’s like a sociological experiment. | 太久了 像是社会学试验 |
[1:34:13] | – How ’bout one year? – One year. All right. All right. | -要不一年 -一年 好 |
[1:34:15] | – One? How ’bout six months? – Six months? | -一年吗 要不六个月 -六个月吗 |
[1:34:18] | – Yeah. – It’s gonna be freezing. | -是的 -到时候很冷的 |
[1:34:20] | – Yeah? – Yeah! | -是吗 -是的 |
[1:34:21] | Who cares? We come here, we go somewhere else. | 管它呢 我们碰头后再去别的地方 |
[1:34:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:34:27] | Uh, six months from now or last night? | 从现在算起还是昨晚算起 |
[1:34:31] | – Um, Last night. Six months from last night… – Okay. | -昨晚 昨晚开始六个月后 -好 |
[1:34:32] | which was, uh, June 16. | 那就是六月十六日 |
[1:34:35] | So, uh, track nine, six months from now at 6:00 at night. | 九号站台 六个月后 晚上六点钟 |
[1:34:40] | – De…December. – December, yeah. | -十二月 -十二月 |
[1:34:42] | It’s a train ride for you. | 到时候你坐火车来就好 |
[1:34:43] | I gotta fly all the way over here and shit like that. | 我还得飞过来什么的 |
[1:34:45] | But I’m gonna be here. | 不过我一定到 |
[1:34:47] | – Okay, me too. – All right. | -好 我也是 -好 |
[1:34:51] | – And we’re not gonna call, write or… – Nah, it’s depressing. | -我们不打电话 不写信 -不 不然多郁闷 |
[1:34:54] | – Yeah. Okay. – All right. | -好 -好 |
[1:34:58] | All right. Your train’s gonna leave. Say good-bye. | 好 火车要开了 说拜拜 |
[1:35:02] | Bye. | 拜 |
[1:35:04] | Good-bye. | 拜拜 |
[1:35:06] | Au revoir. | 再见 |
[1:35:09] | Later. | 回见 |