时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – All right, now, get in the car. – Can we check your oil? | -好了 上车 -我们能检查你的机油吗 |
[00:03] | I get pulled into the principal’s office, | 我都被找去校长办公室了 |
[00:05] | and now you want a reward? | 你们现在还想要奖励 |
[00:07] | The car will be going to the dealer to get the oil changed. | 车子会送到经销商换汽油 |
[00:10] | But that’s how they get you! | 但他们就是这样让你上钩的 |
[00:11] | And their coffee stinks. | 而且他们的咖啡很难喝 |
[00:13] | Oh, ho, Douglas. Looking sharp. | 道格拉斯 很精神啊 |
[00:15] | What are you doing here so early? | 这么早来这干吗 |
[00:16] | Apparently the girls were doing | 据说姑娘们在体育馆 |
[00:17] | some unsanctioned renovation on the gym. | 进行了一些未经许可的装修 |
[00:19] | Again. | 第二次了 |
[00:20] | So I got pulled out of a work function. | 所以我今天把工作聚会推了 |
[00:22] | I understand. | 我了解 |
[00:24] | Well, if they supplied their own lumber, | 如果她们提供了木材 |
[00:25] | you should probably be thanking me. | 你们应该感谢我 |
[00:29] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[00:31] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[00:33] | Did I miss the shrimp guy? | 我错过了送虾的人吗 |
[00:35] | I don’t care who I’m talking to. | 不管我在和谁说话 |
[00:36] | The shrimp guy comes around, you tell me. | 送虾的人来了 就得告诉我 |
[00:38] | – A shrimp guy? – Yep. | -送虾的人 -是的 |
[00:39] | What kind of party was this? | 那是什么聚会 |
[00:41] | The National Dermatology Awards. | 国家皮肤病学奖 |
[00:43] | Tomorrow night, I’m getting a Dermy. | 就在明晚 我会领个肤莱美奖 |
[00:46] | Congratulations! | 恭喜 |
[00:47] | You know what? I’m more excited about the speech. | 告诉你 让我更兴奋的是演讲 |
[00:49] | But I can’t even work on it | 但我根本没法准备 |
[00:50] | because I’m dealing with this kid nonsense. | 因为我还要解决孩子们留下的烂摊子 |
[00:52] | And now the principal | 现在校长 |
[00:53] | wants me to sit down with the school psychologist. | 希望我和学校的心理专家坐下来谈谈 |
[00:56] | Dr. Rhonda. Oh, I love her. | 朗达医生 我很喜欢她 |
[00:58] | Best kitten posters in the biz. | 她是这行最棒的 |
[00:59] | Yeah, I’m not doing it. It goes against everything I believe in. | 我不会去的 这有悖于我所相信的一切 |
[01:02] | My parenting philosophy is simple. | 我的育儿之道很简单 |
[01:04] | If the car is running, never pop the hood. | 车能开 就不要打开引擎盖 |
[01:07] | You got to pop the hood once in a while. | 偶尔还是要打开引擎盖的 |
[01:09] | And nobody does it better than Dr. Rhonda. | 而且朗达医生是最好的 |
[01:11] | I value our weekly one-on-one sessions more than anything. | 我最珍惜的就是和她每周一对一的谈话 |
[01:14] | – You see her every week? – Oh, sure. | -你每周都见她 -当然 |
[01:16] | Afraid that’s the limit. | 恐怕这是极限了 |
[01:17] | Look, I know you’re skeptical, | 我知道你有些怀疑 |
[01:18] | but if you see Dr. Rhonda, | 但如果你去见了朗达医生 |
[01:20] | I promise she will make your life easier. | 我保证她会让你的生活轻松很多 |
[01:23] | Douglas, are your girls working on my car? | 道格拉斯 你家孩子在修我的车吗 |
[01:25] | No! I said no oil change! | 不 我说了不准换机油 |
[01:27] | You just said your car. | 你只说不许给你的车换 |
[01:29] | Next time, be more specific. | 下次说得具体一点 |
[01:32] | I’m mad at them, but I’m very excited for you. | 我很生她们的气 但我也为你高兴 |
[01:34] | You’re gonna be very happy with their work. | 你会很满意她们的工作的 |
[01:45] | So I said, “You’re gonna have to give me a reason | 于是我说”如果你还想订雷司令 |
[01:47] | to order more of this Riesling.” | 你得给我个理由” |
[01:49] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[01:49] | And then I woke up, so… | 然后我就醒来了 所以 |
[01:51] | Girl, you got to say up front if the story is a dream. | 如果这故事是个梦 你得提前告诉我们 |
[01:54] | Seriously. | 说真的 |
[01:55] | I would walk away right now | 要不是必须在这等 |
[01:56] | if I weren’t stuck waiting for Graham and his new friend, Alex. | 格雷厄姆和他的新朋友艾利克斯我现在就走了 |
[01:59] | He’s been talking about him non-stop. | 格雷厄姆一直在说他 |
[02:01] | Sounds like this Alex is a pretty big “get” for Graham. | 听上去艾利克斯对于格雷厄姆是个大收获 |
[02:04] | Alex? | 艾利克斯 |
[02:06] | Eye roll. | 白眼 |
[02:07] | Damn, dude. You sound jealous. | 小家伙 你听上去很嫉妒啊 |
[02:08] | I’m not. Trust me. | 我没有 相信我 |
[02:09] | Graham will be done with Alex | 等我开始穿春季毛绒衫时 |
[02:10] | just in time for my spring sweater unveiling. | 格雷厄姆就不会和艾利克斯一起玩了 |
[02:12] | Oh, well, I really hope so, | 希望如此 |
[02:14] | because Alex’s mom, Nora, | 因为艾利克斯的妈妈 诺拉 |
[02:15] | doesn’t do drop-off playdates, | 不愿意一个人去参加亲子聚会 |
[02:17] | so that means I’m forced to hang out | 这就意味着我不得不 |
[02:18] | with a total stranger for hours. | 和一个陌生人待几个小时 |
[02:20] | “Mom Playdates” are torture. | “母子聚会”简直就是煎熬 |
[02:21] | Hearing their parenting philosophies, | 听着她们的育儿之道 |
[02:23] | you telling them your life story, | 你还得把自己的故事告诉她们 |
[02:24] | all the fake laughing. | 还有那些假笑 |
[02:26] | “Okay. Okay.” It’s not okay. | “好的 好的” 其实一点都不好 |
[02:28] | It is all of the worst parts of a first date | 第一次聚会要是没有酒 |
[02:31] | – with none of the alcohol. – Yes. | -可真是太难熬了 -是的 |
[02:32] | God, I am so lucky that I met you when I did. | 天哪 我第一次就遇到了你实在太走运了 |
[02:36] | Cheerios, Angie. Next time, Cheerios. | 麦片 安吉 下次喂他吃麦片 |
[02:38] | Cheerios don’t melt. | 麦片不会融化 |
[02:41] | Crap. | 该死 |
[02:44] | Got you covered. | 给你备着呢 |
[02:47] | Keep it. | 留着吧 |
[02:48] | The whole pack? | 一整包吗 |
[02:50] | – Yeah. – that’s, like, the nicest thing | -嗯 -这算是别人对我做过的 |
[02:52] | that anyone’s ever done for me. | 最贴心的事了 |
[02:53] | Well, you look like you’re having a day. | 好吧 你看起来今天过得挺累的 |
[02:56] | You want to talk about it? | 想聊聊吗 |
[02:58] | This is Graham. | 这是格雷厄姆 |
[02:59] | This is Rory. | 这是罗里 |
[03:01] | Graham and I got more than wipes that day. | 格雷厄姆和我那天得到的不仅仅是纸巾 |
[03:02] | We got best friends. | 我们找到了最好的朋友 |
[03:04] | And a three-hour therapy session on my romantic blind spots. | 还有正中我情感盲区的三小时的谈话 |
[03:07] | I’d remember that. | 我记着呢 |
[03:07] | Man. I never go to the park. | 老天 我从没去过公园 |
[03:09] | Too much grass. | 太多草了 |
[03:10] | Should I be getting out there and finding Jack a best friend? | 我该去那边给杰克也找一个最好的朋友吗 |
[03:12] | No, no, no. Dad playdates don’t work like that. | 不不不 父子聚会不是这样的 |
[03:14] | Men are not looking for a connection. | 男人们寻找的不是感觉 |
[03:16] | Two dads will just sit there in silence, | 两个爸爸只会静坐着 |
[03:17] | on their phones, the entire time. | 全程看手机 |
[03:19] | Maybe they’ll start things off with some mild sports talk. | 或许他们会从一些无关痛痒的体育聊起 |
[03:21] | Yeah, like, uh, “Yo, you see that game? Crazy.” | 比如”你看过那场比赛了吗 精彩” |
[03:24] | “Crazy game.” | “精彩的比赛” |
[03:25] | It was crazy. | 确实很精彩 |
[03:26] | Hey, Mom. This is Alex and his mom. | 妈妈 这是艾历克斯和他的妈妈 |
[03:30] | Nora. | 诺拉 |
[03:31] | Looking forward to the playdate later. | 很期待之后的亲子聚会 |
[03:33] | That kid is tiny as hell. | 这孩子真小啊 |
[03:35] | How old is he? | 他多大了 |
[03:36] | I’m this many. | 这么大 |
[03:37] | Yo, that’s four fingers. | 那是四根手指 |
[03:39] | Graham’s friend is 4. | 格雷厄姆的朋友只有四岁 |
[03:41] | A real big get. | 大大的收获哦 |
[03:44] | Dr. Rhonda. | 朗达医生 |
[03:45] | I was referred to you by Will Cooper. | 威尔·库珀推荐我来的 |
[03:47] | Now, let’s never speak of him again. | 接下来就别再提他了 |
[03:49] | He’s not here, is he? | 他不在这 是吗 |
[03:51] | – What? – He’s very nice. | -什么 -他人很好 |
[03:52] | It’s just, as a parent, | 只是作为家长 |
[03:53] | he can be…very present. | 他真是无处不在 |
[03:56] | – You think? – So, Dr. Fogerty, before I share my findings, | -你才发现吗 -福格蒂医生 在我说结果前 |
[03:59] | I’d like to hear from you about your daughters. | 我想听听你对你女儿们的看法 |
[04:01] | Okay, well, they’re, uh, short and blond. | 好吧 她们很矮 金色头发 |
[04:04] | One of them has a thing under her eye. | 其中一个眼睛下有点东西 |
[04:07] | Not what they look like. | 不是她们的长相 |
[04:08] | Tell me about them as individuals. | 跟我说说她们各自的性格 |
[04:10] | Hard to say, you know? | 很难说 |
[04:11] | They always do everything together. | 她们总是一起行动 |
[04:13] | They’re, uh, always on the same page. | 总是很同步 |
[04:15] | They never fight. | 从不打架 |
[04:16] | Not to brag, | 不是自夸 |
[04:17] | but I’ve successfully fused them into one child — | 但我成功地把她们融合成了一个孩子 |
[04:21] | a child who spends all of her time | 一个一直待在 |
[04:24] | in the shed out back. | 后院小屋的孩子 |
[04:25] | And…what goes on in this shed? | 她们都在小屋里干什么 |
[04:28] | It — It’s their private space, | 这是 这是她们的私人领地 |
[04:30] | and I’ve always made it a point not to go back there. | 我保证过自己不会去那里 |
[04:39] | It’s none of my business. | 不关我的事 |
[04:41] | If I had to guess, I would say, mm — | 如果让我猜的话 可能 |
[04:43] | I don’t know — auto-body projects, cabinetry, | 我不确定 她们可能在捣鼓汽车 木头家具 |
[04:46] | maybe a mechanical bull. | 或许是个机械牛 |
[04:48] | Peanut shells all over the floor. | 地上洒满了花生壳 |
[04:51] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[04:52] | These are all just guesses | 这都是我的猜测 |
[04:53] | that are based on the, uh, sounds | 根据小屋里 |
[04:56] | I — I hear coming from the shed. | 发出的动静猜的 |
[04:59] | You know, kids, right? | 毕竟是孩子嘛 对吧 |
[05:01] | While I’m tempted to dig into that, | 虽然我很想了解一下 |
[05:03] | I do want to share my findings. | 我想告诉你我的发现 |
[05:05] | You see, Dr. Fogerty, in my business, | 福格蒂医生 干我这行 |
[05:07] | nothing is as exciting as testing twins. | 最有趣的就是测试双胞胎 |
[05:10] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[05:11] | I’m not gonna lie, I’m flying right now. | 我不骗你 我现在非常兴奋 |
[05:13] | Your girls, while identical, are very different. | 你的女儿们虽然长得一模一样 性格却大不同 |
[05:17] | I ran some tests, | 我做了些测试 |
[05:18] | and while Amy is right on grade level, | 艾米的很正常 |
[05:20] | Emma presents as mathematically gifted. | 而艾玛却有着数学天赋 |
[05:24] | She’s acting out because she’s bored. | 她捣蛋是因为她很无聊 |
[05:25] | Okay. So my daughter’s a genius. Have we solved it? | 好吧 我女儿是个天才 我们完事了吗 |
[05:28] | No. Being a parent to a gifted child is a full-time job. | 没有 做天才儿童的父母是一份全职工作 |
[05:31] | Terrific. | 好极了 |
[05:34] | – It’s him. – I’m not here. | -是威尔 -我不在这 |
[05:35] | I’m just gonna let it go to voicemail. | 那就直接转到语音信箱吧 |
[05:38] | So, I guess I know now | 现在我知道 |
[05:40] | why you don’t do drop-off playdates. | 你为什么要陪他一起来参加亲子聚会了 |
[05:42] | Yeah. He doesn’t really go to the bathroom by himself yet. | 嗯 他还不会自己上厕所 |
[05:45] | Graham, I have to ask — how did you two meet? | 格雷厄姆 我得问问 你俩怎么认识的 |
[05:48] | Well, it happened last week. | 上周的事 |
[05:50] | You were late picking me up again. | 你接我又迟到了 |
[05:53] | We bonded immediately. | 我们一见如故 |
[05:54] | We had plenty of time, because, again, | 一起玩了好久 因为 你懂的 |
[05:57] | you were so late picking me up. | 你来得实在太晚了 |
[05:59] | Okay, we got it. Why don’t you go play? | 行了 明白了 不如你们去玩吧 |
[06:02] | So… | 那么 |
[06:04] | …where are you from? | 你是哪里人 |
[06:06] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 停 别说了 |
[06:07] | We don’t need to be friends just ’cause our kids are friends. | 虽然我们的孩子是朋友 但我们没必要做朋友 |
[06:10] | We don’t? | 真的吗 |
[06:11] | Absolutely not. | 千真万确 |
[06:12] | I brought a ton of work, | 我带了一堆工作 |
[06:13] | and I’ve got my own drinks, my own snacks, | 我带了自己的饮料 零食 |
[06:16] | everything ready to go, so… | 一切准备就绪 所以 |
[06:17] | In fact, if you need anything, I’d prefer you just text me. | 实际上 如果你有事 最好给我发短信 |
[06:19] | So you’re suggesting that we do | 所以你是说我们 |
[06:21] | our own completely separate thing in the same space, | 在同一个屋檐下各做各的 |
[06:24] | like one of those combo Pizza Hut/Taco Bells? | 就像合租一间店铺的必胜客和塔可钟一样吗 |
[06:28] | I think I love you. | 我觉得我爱上你了 |
[06:29] | – Just… – Oh, yeah. | -你就… -明白 |
[06:30] | Oh, I will. | 我会的 |
[06:32] | Douglas, as the father of a gifted child, | 道格拉斯 作为天才儿童的父亲 |
[06:35] | please allow me to welcome you to the club. | 请允许我欢迎你加入这个圈子 |
[06:37] | I don’t want to be part of this club. | 我根本不想进这个圈子 |
[06:38] | Look, before you got involved, I had one kid. | 你没掺和之前 我只有一个孩子 |
[06:41] | And now, thanks to you, I have two. | 而现在多亏了你 我有俩孩子了 |
[06:43] | Plus, Dr. Rhonda wants me to drive to Sylmar next weekend | 而且朗达医生想让我下周末开车希尔马 |
[06:46] | for something called Fraction Fest. | 参加一个什么分数节 |
[06:49] | Hey, Soph, get this — turns out Emma’s a math genius. | 苏菲 艾玛是个数学天才 |
[06:51] | They’re going to Frac Fest, too! | 他们也要去分数节 |
[06:52] | Emma? She dips her chips in milk. | 艾玛 她蘸牛奶吃薯片 |
[06:54] | How did, uh, Amy take it? | 那艾米接受得怎样 |
[06:56] | It’s none of my business, | 不关我的事 |
[06:57] | but I would like to think that they’re handling it well. | 但我就认为她们坦然接受了 |
[07:01] | I guess you’re not an air hockey genius, either. | 你也不是空气曲棍球高手吧 |
[07:03] | What’d you just say to me? | 你刚说什么 |
[07:05] | Girls, I’m on the phone. | 姑娘们 我在打电话呢 |
[07:06] | Emma said I’m dumb. | 艾玛说我蠢 |
[07:07] | You’re not dumb, | 你不蠢 |
[07:08] | but God doesn’t give with both hands. | 但鱼和熊掌不可兼得 |
[07:11] | Know what I mean? | 知道我的意思吗 |
[07:12] | No. | 不知道 |
[07:14] | But I don’t like it. | 但我不喜欢 |
[07:15] | You just worry about being pretty, | 你就关心那漂亮的脸蛋就行了 |
[07:17] | ‘kay, hot stuff? | 明白吗 辣妹子 |
[07:18] | C-come on now. | 别拌嘴 |
[07:19] | You’re supposed to be a team, remember? | 你俩是一伙的 记得吗 |
[07:21] | You got to figure this out on your own. | 你们得一起解决这事 |
[07:22] | The old man’s right. | 老家伙说得对 |
[07:24] | There’s only one way out of this. | 只有一个办法了 |
[07:28] | Good. Now they’re fighting. They never fight. | 好极了 她们打架了 她们从不打架的 |
[07:30] | Tony, get in there. | 托尼 劝架 |
[07:31] | See, Will? | 瞧 威尔 |
[07:32] | This is what happens when you pop the hood. | 这就是打开引擎盖的后果 |
[07:34] | Well, I’m sure you want to roll up your sleeves | 你肯定想撸起袖子 |
[07:36] | and get your hands greasy, so I’ll leave you to it. | 大干一场了 我就不打扰了 |
[07:38] | Oh, no. Wrong. You’re part of this now. | 不 你错了 这事你跑不了 |
[07:40] | I have the Dermys tomorrow, | 明天我还有肤莱美颁奖 |
[07:42] | so clear your schedule and then — | 清空你的计划然后 |
[07:43] | Oh, God. I got to go. | 老天 我得挂了 |
[07:45] | Y-Yeah. Yeah, Tony’s on the ground. | 这下好了 托尼倒地了 |
[07:47] | – They — They got Tony. – How you like that, old man?! | -她们打倒托尼了 -吃我一拳 老家伙 |
[07:50] | Cover your face, Tony! | 把脸挡上 托尼 |
[07:51] | J-Just roll into a ball, like an armadillo. | 缩成一团 像犰狳那样 |
[07:55] | Angie. | 安吉 |
[07:57] | Don’t run off without giving me those playdate deeds. | 别跑 先告诉我亲子聚会的细节 |
[08:00] | So, how bad was it? | 有多糟糕 |
[08:01] | Is your face sore from all the fake smiling? | 你的脸有没有因为假笑而酸痛 |
[08:03] | Dude, it was actually kind of great. | 姐们 其实非常棒 |
[08:05] | It turns out Nora’s a dad-mom. | 诺拉是个直男妈妈 |
[08:07] | We barely even talked. | 我们都没怎么说话 |
[08:08] | I got so much done. | 我效率超高 |
[08:10] | I made a dentist appointment, I paid parking tickets, | 我约了牙医 缴了停车罚单 |
[08:12] | I finally got around to that “What color is the dress” thing. | 终于抽出时间研究”裙子是蓝黑还是白金” |
[08:14] | We’re hanging out again today. | 我们今天还要一起玩 |
[08:16] | Well, what about our Wednesday hang? | 那我们的周三之约呢 |
[08:17] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[08:20] | I knew I was forgetting something. | 我就知道我忘了什么事 |
[08:21] | I’m so sorry. Can we reschedule? | 很抱歉 我们可以改天再约吗 |
[08:23] | Reschedule our standing Wednesday hang? | 改期我们常规的周三之约 |
[08:25] | I got offer tickets to “The Bachelor: Women Tell All” | 我得到了《单身汉 佳丽如是说》的票 |
[08:27] | but I didn’t go because…it was a Wednesday. | 但都没去 因为那天是周三 |
[08:30] | This Nora must be something else. | 这个诺拉肯定不是一般人 |
[08:32] | Well, don’t be jealous of Nora. | 别为诺拉吃醋 |
[08:33] | She’s just a refreshing change of pace. | 她只是新鲜的调剂 |
[08:36] | Refreshing? | 新鲜 |
[08:36] | Well, yeah. I mean, come on, Poppy. | 是啊 拜托 波比 |
[08:38] | You know that hanging out with you can be…a lot. | 你知道和你一起玩有点压力山大 |
[08:42] | Okay, well, I see how it is. | 我明白是怎么回事了 |
[08:43] | Tell me how you really feel. | 告诉我你的真实感受 |
[08:45] | Sometimes we go deep, you know, | 有时候我们掏心掏肺 |
[08:47] | and it can be exhausting | 聊我的恐惧 |
[08:48] | talking about my fears and desires and my childhood, | 欲望还有童年让我非常心累 |
[08:50] | and sometimes I don’t want to think about | 有时候我不想去思考 |
[08:52] | if my parents loved each other. | 我父母是否彼此相爱 |
[08:53] | I just want to chill. | 我只想放松放松 |
[08:56] | Well, I hope you have fun being chill | 我希望你享受放松的时光 |
[08:57] | and cleaning out your inbox | 跟那个小屁孩 |
[08:59] | with that toddler and his rando mom. | 和他的怪咖老妈待着 清理收件箱 |
[09:01] | And the dress is blue. | 那条裙子是蓝黑的 |
[09:07] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[09:08] | The conflict resolution you ordered has arrived. | 你下单的解决矛盾员已到达 |
[09:10] | I hope you’re right, | 我希望你能搞定 |
[09:11] | because Amy has just put Emma | 因为艾米刚刚把艾玛 |
[09:13] | up for sale on Craigslist. | 放到了分类网站上出售 |
[09:15] | Lucky for you, I attended Dr. Rhonda’s three-day seminar | 算你走运 我参加了朗达医生关于手足之争的 |
[09:18] | on sibling rivalry, | 三天研讨班 |
[09:20] | and you don’t go to a convention like that and not take notes. | 去听那样的讲座可不能不记笔记 |
[09:22] | Am I right? | 对吧 |
[09:23] | You went to a sibling rivalry convention? | 你参加了手足之争的讲座 |
[09:25] | You only got one kid. | 你只有一个小孩 |
[09:26] | Well, we’re thinking about getting a dog. | 我们正在考虑养一只狗 |
[09:28] | My dad’s read, like, every parenting book there is. | 我爸读完了所有的育儿书籍 |
[09:31] | Wrote a few, too. | 还写了几本 |
[09:32] | Still unpublished. | 仍未出版 |
[09:33] | We don’t…need to advertise that. | 我们不用把这个广而告之 |
[09:36] | I’m just happy I finally get to use all that info | 我只是很高兴终于可以用上 |
[09:38] | that’s been rattling around in my brain. | 一直在我脑中的知识了 |
[09:39] | And then Amy will be all better | 然后我在艾米身上 |
[09:41] | once I sprinkle a little Dr. Rhon-dust on them. | 用点朗达的技巧就行了 |
[09:43] | O-Okay, listen. I don’t have to know how the sausage is made. | 我不需要知道香肠是怎么做出来的 |
[09:46] | Just make them one kid again. | 让她们和好如初就行 |
[09:48] | Now, I’m on my way to the Dermys, | 我现在要去肤莱美 |
[09:49] | where I will be roasting my peers | 折磨我的同事们 |
[09:52] | until a string quartet cuts me off. | 直到我被弦乐四重奏打断 |
[09:54] | When I get back, I want this fixed. | 等我回来时 我希望已经解决了 |
[09:56] | We are now in a trustful space. | 我们现在处于可以信赖的空间 |
[09:58] | We listen to each other. We don’t talk over each other. | 我们聆听彼此 我们不用交谈 |
[10:01] | We’re communicating without words, | 不用语言交流 |
[10:04] | which is what humans used to do before we invented language, okay? | 正如人类在发明语言前做的那样 好吗 |
[10:07] | Now, don’t break eye contact, | 不要中断眼神的交流 |
[10:09] | but think about the closeness you shared inside the womb. | 想一想你们在子宫时多么亲密无间 |
[10:11] | I should’ve eaten you when I had the chance! | 我当时就该吃了你 |
[10:14] | I would’ve eaten you! | 要吃也是我吃了你 |
[10:16] | Ladies, ladies! | 姑娘们 姑娘们 |
[10:17] | Okay, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[10:20] | Oh, boy. | 天啊 |
[10:21] | And even though I’m three minutes older than you, | 即使我只比你大三分钟 |
[10:25] | I value you as a sister and a peer. | 我也珍惜你为我的妹妹和伙伴 |
[10:30] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[10:31] | And now, allow me to complete the compliment circle. | 请允许我和你一起完成这个赞美圆圈 |
[10:35] | This is what you guys were making for half an hour? | 你们花了半小时就是在做这个吗 |
[10:38] | I hate this. | 我讨厌这个 |
[10:40] | I hate this more than you do. | 我比你更讨厌 |
[10:41] | You know, you guys aren’t even really giving it a chance. | 你们俩根本没在尝试和好 |
[10:43] | – Shut up. – Shut up. | -闭嘴 -闭嘴 |
[10:46] | Putting them in the same shirt? | 把她们装在一件衣服里 |
[10:49] | This feels like a reach. | 这好像没用 |
[10:51] | I’m riffing, okay? | 我在看笔记呢 好吗 |
[10:52] | But look, at least they’re talking to each other. | 不过至少她们在和对方说话了 |
[10:53] | Get away from me, Average! | 离我远点 普通人 |
[10:55] | That’s it! | 够了 |
[10:56] | I want a divorce! | 我要分手 |
[10:58] | You can’t make it out there without me. | 没有我你根本不行 |
[11:00] | I’m the brains. | 我才是大脑 |
[11:04] | What’s important is they did that together. | 重要的是 她们是一起把衣服撕烂的 |
[11:08] | Yeah. | 行吧 |
[11:10] | So, according to Angie, hanging out with me | 依照安吉所说 和我一起玩 |
[11:12] | is like being on an elliptical with no headphones. | 就像是不戴耳机踩椭圆机 |
[11:15] | Ah, the elliptical. | 椭圆机 |
[11:16] | I like to call that one “The Double Slot Machine”. | 我喜欢叫它”双槽老虎机” |
[11:20] | Miggy, do you think I’m a lot? | 米基 你觉得我会让人压力山大吗 |
[11:21] | What? No. No way. You’re, like — | 什么 当然不会 你 |
[11:23] | Ooh, wait. In what context? | 等等 从哪方面来说 |
[11:25] | Because in terms of talking with you and being with you, | 因为如果是说和你聊天相处的话 |
[11:28] | – you’re kind of a lot. – You are way off. I am chill as hell. | -确实压力山大 -太离谱了 我很好相处 |
[11:30] | I have a membership to a botanical garden. | 我是一家植物园的会员 |
[11:32] | – Oh, that is chill. – Exactly. | -那很放松的 -没错 |
[11:34] | In fact, I’m gonna stop by Angie’s playdate | 我要去安吉的亲子聚会 |
[11:37] | to show her just how chill I can be. | 让她看看我可以多好相处 |
[11:40] | Rory, you stay here. | 罗里 你留在这 |
[11:41] | What? Why should I have to miss the drama | 什么 为什么我要错过精彩好戏 |
[11:43] | and be stuck here with Miggy? | 还要和米基待在这里 |
[11:44] | Dude, you can come with me to the park, | 哥们 你可以和我一起去公园 |
[11:45] | and we can cruise for friends for Jack. | 我们可以给杰克寻觅朋友 |
[11:47] | There’s a father and son out there | 有对父子不知道 |
[11:48] | about to get wiped, and they don’t even know! | 自己马上要交好运了 |
[11:50] | That’s gonna end in disaster. | 这肯定是场灾难 |
[11:52] | So you know I’m in. | 所以我非去不可 |
[11:55] | You okay, Dad? | 你还好吗 爸爸 |
[11:56] | Yeah, I just feel depleted. | 我只是觉得精疲力竭 |
[11:59] | Did you take your B12? | 你吃维生素B12了吗 |
[12:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:02] | You know, I know it might feel like we’re not helping, | 我知道我们好像没帮上忙 |
[12:05] | but I think we are. | 但我觉得我们有 |
[12:06] | I don’t hear any fighting. | 我没听见她们争斗了 |
[12:07] | You guys are still here? | 你们还在这吗 |
[12:09] | We’re done. | 我们没事了 |
[12:10] | Emma left. | 艾玛走了 |
[12:12] | Man, it was ugly. | 天啊 场面很难看 |
[12:13] | But in the end, I got the shed. | 但最后 小屋归我了 |
[12:15] | What did she get? | 那她呢 |
[12:16] | Wait, where did Emma go? | 等下 艾玛去哪呢 |
[12:23] | Watch out! | 小心点 |
[12:24] | On your left! | 小心左边 我要超你了 |
[12:28] | Representative. | 代表 |
[12:29] | Rep– Representative. | 代表 |
[12:31] | Hey, Nora? Did you unplug my coffee maker? | 诺拉 你把咖啡机的插头拔了吗 |
[12:33] | Yeah, my laptop was at 15%, | 是的 我的笔记本只有15%的电了 |
[12:35] | and you’re kinda hogging all the outlets. | 你把所有的插头都给占了 |
[12:37] | Representative. | 代表 |
[12:38] | Are those my slippers? | 你穿的是我的拖鞋吗 |
[12:40] | Oh, yeah. My feet were really cold, so… | 是啊 我的脚很冰 所以… |
[12:42] | And who’s that guy? | 还有那个人是谁 |
[12:44] | That’s Lenny, my accountant. | 兰尼 我的会计 |
[12:47] | Oh, hi. Yes. | 你好 |
[12:49] | I would like to redeem my miles. | 我想兑换我的里程 |
[12:51] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[12:53] | I’m sure it’s for you. | 肯定是找你的 |
[12:54] | Hello, Angela. What’s good? I don’t even care. | 你好 安吉拉 还好吗 我不在意 |
[12:57] | Thank God you’re here. | 还好你来了 |
[12:59] | This playdate just took a really weird turn, | 这个亲子聚会发生了奇怪的转折 |
[13:02] | and I need to talk about it. | 我得跟你聊聊 |
[13:03] | Oh, sorry. I’m not here to get into anything. | 抱歉 我来这不掺和你的任何事 |
[13:05] | I just came over to quietly pay some bills at your table. | 我只是来安静地在你的桌子上付下账单 |
[13:08] | Okay, w-what is this? | 你怎么了 |
[13:09] | You’re not still mad at me, are you? | 你不是还在生我的气吧 |
[13:10] | No. No. | 没有 |
[13:12] | I’m just having a dream Wednesday, | 我只是过个梦幻周三 |
[13:14] | living my best life. | 日子过得美美的 |
[13:15] | Okay, you’re speaking like an Instagram caption, | 好吧 你说的话就像图享的标题一样 |
[13:18] | which is usually a pretty clear sign that you’re mad. | 以我的经验 你肯定是在生气 |
[13:20] | Can we talk about this? | 能聊聊吗 |
[13:21] | Sorry. Not really into talking. | 抱歉 不是很喜欢聊天 |
[13:23] | How can everyone afford noise-canceling headphones? | 怎么人人都买得起降噪耳机 |
[13:29] | “Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, | “晚上好 女士们先生们 |
[13:30] | and thank you for this award. | 谢谢你们把这个奖给了我 |
[13:31] | It took a lot of hard work. | 我为之付出了很多辛勤的劳动 |
[13:33] | And now I would like to take this moment | 现在 我想借此机会 |
[13:35] | to recognize the people who did not help me, | 向那些没有帮助过我的人表示感谢 |
[13:38] | alphabetically. | 按首字母排序 |
[13:39] | Amy Adams, Paul Anka” — | 艾米·亚当斯 保罗·安加 |
[13:41] | There’s a child scootering up the middle aisle! | 有个小孩在中间过道骑滑板车 |
[13:43] | She plowed right through the gift-bag table! | 她把放礼品袋的桌子撞翻了 |
[13:44] | There’s moisturizer everywhere! | 润肤霜撒了一地 |
[13:46] | Oh, no. That sounds like one of my mine. | 不妙 听起来是我的小孩 |
[13:49] | Man. Pico was jammed. | 天呐 路上可真堵 |
[13:53] | Emma, I’m about to go on the stage. | 艾玛 我要上台了 |
[13:54] | – How did you even get here? – My hog. | -你怎么来的 -滑板车啊 |
[13:56] | But I told you to only scooter within a five-mile radius, | 可我告诉过你只能在五英里直径范围内玩 |
[13:59] | and you drove to Beverly Hills? | 而你却骑到了比弗利山庄 |
[14:01] | Who cares? | 那又怎么样 |
[14:02] | Amy hates me. | 艾米讨厌我 |
[14:03] | A-All right, look. Talk to me. | 好了 跟我说说看 |
[14:05] | Tony, this is a good chance | 托尼 现在 |
[14:06] | for you to hit my shoulders with the roller. | 可以帮我粘毛了 |
[14:08] | Amy said she wants a divorce. | 艾米说她想跟我分手 |
[14:10] | Look, she’s just being dramatic. | 她只是有点小题大做 |
[14:12] | All right, this is what I’m gonna do. We’re gonna go home. | 好了 这么着 我们回家 |
[14:14] | We’re gonna work all of this out after my speech. | 等我发完言 把这件事彻底解决了 |
[14:16] | And the cocktail hour. | 还要等我喝完鸡尾酒 |
[14:18] | And the after party. | 等派对结束后 |
[14:19] | I promised Tony I’d be his wingman. | 我答应了托尼要帮他泡妞 |
[14:21] | Dad, she’s never been this mad at me before. | 爸 她从没这么生过我的气 |
[14:24] | I’m scared. | 我很怕 |
[14:25] | You know, I don’t think she’s mad at you. | 我觉得她不是生你气 |
[14:27] | I think that she’s probably just…jealous. | 我觉得她可能只是 嫉妒你 |
[14:30] | You’re right. This is all my fault. | 你说得对 都怪我 |
[14:32] | I wish I wasn’t smart. | 我不聪明就好了 |
[14:35] | Come here. | 过来 |
[14:37] | I want you to hear me. | 听我说 |
[14:38] | This is not your fault. | 这不怪你 |
[14:40] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[14:45] | Tony, I need you to step in for me here. | 托尼 你顶替我一下 |
[14:47] | I want these word-for-word, | 一个字也别落下 |
[14:49] | and keep your politics out of it. | 别发表政见 |
[14:51] | Come on, Emma. | 走吧 艾玛 |
[14:57] | Emma is writing you a formal apology | 艾玛要用有家族抬头的信笺 |
[14:59] | on the family letterhead | 给你写一封正式的道歉函 |
[15:01] | for taking her scooter to Beverly Hills | 为她没有告诉你就拿走滑板车 |
[15:03] | without telling you. | 骑去比弗利山庄道歉 |
[15:04] | However inappropriate, she did make amazing time. | 不管有多不对 她这一举确实惊人 |
[15:08] | 100 Dr. Rhonda seminars would not have prepared me | 一百场朗达医生的研讨会也无法让我 |
[15:10] | for the things I’ve seen today. | 对今天的事有准备 |
[15:12] | I came in here thinking I was a parenting expert, | 我来之前自认为自己是育儿专家 |
[15:14] | and your children have humbled me. | 你的孩子令我羞愧万分 |
[15:16] | I let you down, bud. I failed you. I’m sorry. | 我让你失望了 兄弟 我辜负了你 很抱歉 |
[15:19] | Ah, stop beating yourself up. | 别自责了 |
[15:20] | I gave you an impossible task. | 这是一项不可能完成的任务 |
[15:22] | I wanted them to be one kid | 我想让她们变成一个孩子 |
[15:24] | so I wouldn’t feel like I was outnumbered. | 这样好带一点 |
[15:27] | But they’ve always been two kids. | 但她们一直都是两个不同的孩子 |
[15:29] | I’m the parent of two kids. | 我是两个孩子的父亲 |
[15:32] | You do know where Amy is, right? | 你知道艾米在哪吧 |
[15:34] | She moved herself out to the shed. | 她搬进了小屋 |
[15:35] | Asked us to forward her mail. | 还让我们转发她的邮件 |
[15:38] | Well… | 那… |
[15:40] | I’ve been running from this for a very long time. | 我逃避这个小屋已经很久了 |
[15:43] | But I always knew this day would come. | 但我知道这天终究会来临的 |
[15:52] | You got this, big guy. | 你可以的 大家伙 |
[15:54] | It’s gonna go great. | 没问题的 |
[15:58] | Oh, great. What is your Wi-Fi password, Angela? | 正好 你家无线网密码是多少 安吉拉 |
[16:01] | Poppy, come on, all right? | 波比 别闹了 好吗 |
[16:03] | You need to help me. | 你得帮帮我 |
[16:04] | T-This woman, I-I don’t think she’s ever gonna leave. | 这个女人 她好像不走了 |
[16:07] | She put up a corkboard, and I just overheard her | 她立了一块软木板 我刚偷听到她 |
[16:08] | ordering way too much Indian food. | 点了一大堆印度菜 |
[16:10] | Sounds really bad, | 听起来真的不妙 |
[16:11] | but I’m not here to get personally involved. | 但我不是来搅和你的事 |
[16:13] | I’m just trying to give you that chill dad-mom energy | 我只是想给你 你理想中的 |
[16:15] | that you want from a friend. | 不腻歪的直男母亲感觉 |
[16:17] | I don’t want to be a lot. | 我不想给你太多压力 |
[16:19] | Look, Poppy, I’m sorry that I offended you. | 波比 很抱歉我说话伤到了你 |
[16:24] | But you know that you being a lot | 但我知道 你的热心 |
[16:26] | is one of the best things about you. | 是你最大的优点之一 |
[16:28] | The day that we met in the park and you gave me the wipes, | 我们在公园相遇 你给了我湿纸巾的那天 |
[16:31] | it changed my life. | 改变了我的人生 |
[16:33] | I love that we go deep, | 我喜欢那些深刻的对话 |
[16:34] | and I love that you know me so well. | 我喜欢你非常了解我的感觉 |
[16:36] | And I know you so well. | 而我也很了解你 |
[16:38] | I know you so well, | 我很了解你 |
[16:39] | I know you’re not listening to music in those headphones. | 我知道你耳机里没放歌 |
[16:44] | Okay. Fine. | 好吧 |
[16:46] | I’m not. | 我没放 |
[16:47] | – They’re not even plugged in to anything. – I know! | -我连耳机线都没插 -我就知道 |
[16:48] | I know I’m overreacting. I get jealous sometimes. | 我确实反应过度了 我偶尔也会嫉妒 |
[16:52] | Truth is, I love being your only mom friend. | 其实我很乐意做你唯一的妈妈闺蜜 |
[16:54] | And you have nothing to worry about. | 而你什么都不用担心 |
[16:56] | – You know, I really don’t like…people. – I know. | -我和别人真的合不来 -我知道 |
[17:00] | Now, will you please help me get this woman out of here? | 你可以帮我把这个女人弄出去吗 |
[17:03] | She’s gone through all the generic hummus, | 她把普通鹰嘴豆泥都吃完了 |
[17:04] | and now she’s about to hit | 马上就要开始进攻 |
[17:05] | the good stuff in the back of the fridge. | 放在冰箱后面的好东西了 |
[17:07] | Got you covered. | 交给我吧 |
[17:08] | I’m going in, | 老娘出手 |
[17:09] | and I’m gonna go… deep. | 全都有 |
[17:12] | Yeah, I just need to speak to whoever’s above you. | 我要和你的上司说话 |
[17:14] | I don’t care if it’s the president of the airline, | 就算是航空公司总裁都行 |
[17:16] | so, okay? | 懂了吗 |
[17:17] | Okay, can we talk about what’s going on here? | 我们能谈谈现在的情况吗 |
[17:18] | What’s going on is that I’ve been on hold for an hour, | 情况就是他们已经让我等了一小时 |
[17:20] | so I can’t hang up the phone. | 所以我不能挂电话 |
[17:22] | I see everything you’re going through right now. | 我明白你现在的情况 |
[17:24] | You need to redeem these miles | 你要兑换里程 |
[17:26] | because the walls are closing in on you at home | 因为家里的四岁熊孩子逼得你 |
[17:27] | with the 4-year-old and you’ll go anywhere. | 去哪都行 |
[17:30] | In fact, you’ll even set up shop at a stranger’s house | 你甚至愿意在陌生人的家里工作 |
[17:33] | because it doesn’t matter where you go, | 因为不论你去哪儿 |
[17:34] | as long as you get that escape. | 只要能解脱就好 |
[17:38] | Ricky said he would help with childcare, | 里奇说他会帮我养孩子的 |
[17:41] | but where is he, you know? | 但他人呢 |
[17:43] | He’s just out seeing improv shows every single night of the week. | 他每晚都出去看即兴表演 |
[17:46] | Come on now, Ricky! | 不是吧 里奇 |
[17:48] | You just gonna make this woman a prisoner in her own home | 你让这个女人被囚禁在自己的家里 |
[17:50] | for some improv?! | 就为了看即兴表演 |
[17:53] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 对不起 |
[17:54] | I don’t really get to talk about this stuff normally, so… | 我平时没机会说这些 |
[17:57] | I’m here at the Winebrary, in case you ever need me. | 我在酒吧工作 有需要就找我 |
[18:00] | But right now, you have to get up out this woman’s house, | 但现在 你必须离开她家 |
[18:02] | take yourself home, and hear about some improv. | 回你家去 听听即兴表演 |
[18:05] | Alex, time to go, buddy. | 艾利克斯 该走了 |
[18:07] | Sorry for taking over. | 抱歉占用了你家 |
[18:09] | You set up a wonderful workspace. | 你的工作区布置得很好 |
[18:13] | Thank you? | 谢了 |
[18:22] | Look what the cat dragged in. | 看看谁来了 |
[18:26] | This place has running water, huh? | 这里还接了自来水 |
[18:30] | And A.C.? | 还有空调 |
[18:31] | Relax. It’s all permitted. | 别紧张 都是合规的 |
[18:33] | Listen, I know it doesn’t always seem like | 听着 我知道平时 |
[18:35] | I want to talk about what’s going on with you, | 我好像不愿意谈你的状况 |
[18:38] | but, uh, right now, I’m gonna do it anyway. | 但是现在 我要和你谈谈了 |
[18:41] | Your sister is really upset. | 你的姐妹很难过 |
[18:44] | She’s upset? What about me? | 她难过 那我呢 |
[18:47] | I knew we would have to do different things sometimes. | 我知道我们不能总是统一行动 |
[18:50] | I just didn’t think Emma would be special | 我只是不觉得艾玛很特别 |
[18:52] | and I wouldn’t. | 而我很平凡 |
[18:53] | Oh, I know how you feel. | 我明白你的感受 |
[18:55] | My sisters Donna and Lenore, may they rest in peace, | 我的姐妹唐娜和丽诺尔 愿她们安息 |
[18:58] | were synchronized-skating stars. | 生前是同步滑冰明星 |
[19:00] | Everyone in the family fawned over them, | 所有家人都在讨好她们 |
[19:02] | and no one cared about my drawings. | 没有人在意我的画作 |
[19:04] | Bowl of fruit after bowl of fruit ignored. | 不管我画多少水果盘都没用 |
[19:07] | You used to draw? | 你以前会画画 |
[19:09] | Oh, all the time. | 整天都在画 |
[19:10] | Most dermatologists are failed architects. | 多数皮肤科医生都是失意的建筑师 |
[19:13] | Nobody knows that, but it’s true. | 这鲜为人知 却是真的 |
[19:15] | I drew all this crap. | 这些垃圾是我画的 |
[19:18] | You dr– amy, these — | 你画的… 艾米 这… |
[19:20] | these are exceptional! | 这些都是杰作啊 |
[19:22] | 手脚延长器 夹钳 灯具 电池组 纸箱 电缆 | |
[19:22] | Schools don’t test for this. | 学校不考这些 |
[19:24] | D-Do you realize that every project | 你知不知道 |
[19:26] | that you and your sister ever made | 你们姐妹的每一个发明 |
[19:28] | started with your imagination? | 都源自你的想象力 |
[19:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[19:33] | Hey, there it is — the air hockey table. | 在这儿呢 空气曲棍球桌 |
[19:35] | Last thing we made together before the split. | 这是我们分手前的最后一个共同作品 |
[19:38] | When we’re building things, it’s like nothing else matters. | 我们制作东西的时候 好像一切都不重要了 |
[19:42] | But she’s a genius now, | 但现在她是天才 |
[19:44] | and I’m just a ding dong with the same face. | 而我只是和她长得一模一样的傻子 |
[19:47] | No. No, you’re not. | 不 不 你不是 |
[19:49] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[19:51] | You and your sister are special | 你和你姐妹 |
[19:53] | in two totally different ways, | 各有各的特别之处 |
[19:55] | and you make a great team together. | 你们是绝佳的搭档 |
[19:58] | And I’m gonna remind you of that. | 我要让你们记住这一点 |
[20:06] | You got to sign that out! | 拿工具要签字 |
[20:08] | So? How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[20:10] | Great. | 很好 |
[20:12] | Dad! What are you doing?! | 爸 你在干什么 |
[20:13] | What? I can’t hear you! | 什么 我听不见 |
[20:15] | Oh, no! What are we gonna do? | 完了 怎么办 |
[20:18] | I guess I’ll just have to call the handyman. | 看来我得找勤杂工来了 |
[20:21] | He’s all thumbs and butt crack. | 他什么都不会 |
[20:23] | Oh, then, what are we gonna do? | 那该怎么办呢 |
[20:27] | You get the clamps. | 你去拿钳子 |
[20:28] | You get the nuts. | 你去拿螺母 |
[20:32] | And the Dermy for Father of the Year | 肤莱美年度最佳父亲得主是 |
[20:33] | goes to Douglas Fogerty. | 道格拉斯·福格蒂 |
[20:35] | Shut up, Will. Sit down. | 闭嘴 威尔 坐下 |
[20:37] | You’re about to see two geniuses at work. | 你们将要见证两名天才的工作 |
[20:42] | I just don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[20:43] | Emma’s a math genius? | 艾玛是数学天才 |
[20:45] | Last week I caught you licking a brick. | 上周我看到你在舔砖头呢 |
[20:46] | Don’t knock it till you try it. | 没试过就不要随便下结论 |
[20:48] | Professor Sydney Raines. | 西德尼·雷恩斯教授 |
[20:50] | Lionel Richie. Rustic Canyon Golf Course… | 莱昂内尔·里奇 乡村峡谷高尔夫球场 |
[20:53] | your greens just play too fast. | 你们那儿的新手打得太快了 |
[20:55] | What is this list again? | 这是什么名单来着 |
[20:56] | His enemies. | 他的敌人 |
[20:57] | It’s all over the map. | 哪的人都有 |
[20:58] | What did the Budweiser horses ever do to him? | 百威明星马怎么招惹他了 |
[21:01] | I knew you’d be back. | 我就知道你会回来 |
[21:02] | Right on time for spring sweater season. | 正好赶上春季毛绒衫时节 |
[21:05] | What’s trending? | 流行趋势是什么 |
[21:06] | One word… alpaka. | 一个词 羊驼毛 |
[21:08] | Kids, this is supposed to be about me right now, alright? | 孩子们 现在应该关注的是我 |
[21:11] | It’s not too late to add some names to the list. | 我随时可以在名单里加几个名字 |
[21:13] | Alright everybody. Let’s listen up. | 好了 各位仔细听 |
[21:14] | Here comes the S’s. | 到S开头了 |
[21:15] | Sam’s club. | 山姆俱乐部 |
[21:17] | Santa Monica Boulevard. | 圣莫尼卡大道 |
[21:18] | But only between 9:00 A.M. and 11:00 A.M. | 只有上午9点到11点 |
[21:21] | Siegfried and not Roy. | 齐格弗里德 没有罗伊 |
[21:23] | Roy, you are a peach. | 罗伊 你太可爱了 |