英文名称:Luce
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:46] | So even though when it appears as if an evening like this | 尽管这样的一个夜晚似乎是 |
[01:48] | is meant to honor us for our academic achievements, | 为了表彰我们的学术成就的 |
[01:51] | I instead ask my fellow classmates | 然而我想请求各位同学 |
[01:54] | to honor the generals that lead us. | 向引领我们的将军致敬 |
[01:56] | Without our parents and our teachers, | 如果没有父母和老师 |
[01:58] | we would be troops unprepared for the battles that lay ahead of us. | 我们就会是对未来的战斗毫无准备的士兵 |
[02:04] | We know the road won’t be easy. | 我们知道未来的路并不好走 |
[02:07] | But with your love and your faith, | 但有了你们的爱和信任 |
[02:10] | we can be certain we’ll find a way. | 我们肯定能顺利地走下去 |
[02:13] | So I hope it’s not going too far out of line | 所以我希望接下来的请求不会太过分 |
[02:15] | to ask my classmates to rise… | 请同学们起立 |
[02:19] | and to take this opportunity to thank you… | 利用这个机会表示感谢 |
[02:23] | our teachers… | 感谢老师 |
[02:25] | and our parents… | 感谢父母 |
[02:27] | for helping us become who we’re meant to be. | 感谢他们帮我们成为理想中的自己 |
[02:42] | I hope you enjoyed that because tomorrow | 希望你们喜欢这掌声 因为等到明天 |
[02:45] | we’ll be back to driving you crazy. | 我们又要让你们抓狂了 |
[02:50] | It was incredible. | 太棒了 |
[02:51] | Here’s my question: How do we clone this guy? | 我想问个问题 怎么才能克隆这个家伙 |
[02:55] | How do we clone him? | 怎么才能克隆他 |
[02:56] | Great job. | 干得漂亮 |
[02:57] | – Thank you. – Excuse me. | -谢谢 -打扰一下 |
[02:59] | – Mr. And Mr. Edgar? – Ms. Wilson! | -请问是埃德加夫妇吗 -威尔逊老师 |
[03:01] | Guys, this is Ms. Wilson, | 这位是威尔逊老师 |
[03:02] | my history and government teacher. | 我的历史与政府老师 |
[03:04] | A pleasure. | 幸会 |
[03:05] | We’ve heard so much about you. | 早有耳闻 |
[03:07] | – Have you? – Well, your class. | -是吗 -你的课堂 |
[03:09] | Luce can’t stop talking about it. | 卢斯总是提起 |
[03:11] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[03:12] | Ms. Wilson’s tough, but still one of my favorites. | 威尔逊老师很严厉 但还是我最喜欢的老师之一 |
[03:15] | Did you like my speech? | 你喜欢我的演讲吗 |
[03:16] | I did. | 喜欢 |
[03:17] | Ms. Wilson’s always saying | 威尔逊老师总是说 |
[03:18] | we should speak our minds no matter the cost. | 我们应该直抒胸臆 不计代价 |
[03:21] | Amen to that. | 我同意 |
[03:22] | Well, it’s great to finally meet you. | 很高兴终于见到你了 |
[03:25] | You too. | 我也是 |
[03:26] | Luce is, uh, one of our best. | 卢斯是我们最好的学生之一 |
[03:29] | He’s an important example to the school. | 他是学校里重要的榜样人物 |
[03:32] | We’re very proud of him. | 我们很为他骄傲 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1237个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:235个,六级词汇:146个,GRE词汇:119个,托福词汇:166个,考研词汇:256个,专四词汇:219个,专八词汇:26个, 所有生词标注共:418个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:33] | You should be. | 应该的 |
[03:37] | Excuse me. Dan… | 失陪一下 丹 |
[03:41] | I don’t want to give another one. | 我不想再演讲一次了 |
[03:43] | Why? It makes sense they asked you. | 为什么 他们请你合情合理 |
[03:45] | You did a great job. | 你讲得很好 |
[03:46] | I literally just gave a speech. | 我只不过是发表了一次演讲 |
[03:49] | The more public speaking you do, | 你做的公共演讲越多 |
[03:50] | the better it’ll look for college. | 申请好大学就越容易 |
[03:53] | You told them you’d do it, right? | 你答应他们了吧 |
[03:56] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[04:00] | So Ms. Wilson seems nice. | 威尔逊老师似乎人挺好的 |
[04:03] | Stern… | 很严厉 |
[04:04] | – Don’t you mean a bitch? – Peter! | -你想说她是个婊子吗 -彼得 |
[04:07] | When people say stern, they mean bitch. You meant bitch. | 人们嘴上说严厉 意思就是婊 你也一样 |
[04:09] | – You didn’t want to say bitch – No, I said stern. | -你只是不想直接说出来 -不 我说的是严厉 |
[04:11] | because you didn’t want to be politically incorrect | 因为你不想政治不正确 |
[04:14] | – but you meant bitch. – No. | -但你就是想说她是婊子 -不 |
[04:15] | I know what stern means, thank you. | 我知道严厉是什么意思 谢谢 |
[04:17] | She is a bitch though. | 但她确实是个婊子 |
[04:18] | Can we not denigrate a woman | 我们能不能别诋毁一个 |
[04:20] | who probably had to assume certain characteristics | 可能为了当一个领导者 |
[04:22] | in order to attain a leadership role? | 而不得不表现出某种特征的女人 |
[04:27] | Anyway, I thought you said it was your favorite class. | 不过 你不是说最喜欢她的课吗 |
[04:29] | – I like the subject. – He liked the subject. | -我喜欢那个学科 -他喜欢那个学科 |
[04:32] | In spite of the bitch thing. | 尽管老师很婊 |
[04:35] | Okay, it’s fine to criticize powerful women. | 好吧 你可以批评有权势的女性 |
[04:38] | Just don’t use the sexist language. | 但别用带有性别歧视的语言 |
[04:42] | Strung together copy. | 我们俩都知道了 |
[04:45] | Nice! | 很好 |
[05:08] | You should make it personal. | 你应该谈谈自己 |
[05:10] | What? | 什么 |
[05:11] | The next speech they want you to give, | 他们让你下次做的演讲 |
[05:13] | make it about you. | 谈谈自己 |
[05:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:19] | And listen… | 听着 |
[05:22] | You’re a really good public speaker | 你是个很棒的演讲者 |
[05:25] | and you’re an excellent debater. | 还是个出色的辩论者 |
[05:27] | But you have your own story to tell | 但你有自己的故事可以讲述 |
[05:29] | and I think you should tell it. | 我觉得你应该讲自己的故事 |
[05:30] | It gives people something to grab onto. | 会激发人们的共鸣 |
[05:34] | Am I overstepping? | 我管得太多了吗 |
[05:38] | It’s good advice. | 你的建议很好 |
[05:40] | Just want to be helpful. | 我只是想帮你 |
[05:41] | You are. | 你帮到了 |
[05:44] | I’m going to get back to work now. | 我要继续忙了 |
[05:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[05:56] | Sorry for interrupting. | 抱歉打扰了你 |
[06:13] | You’re gonna lose a limb like that. | 差点就把你的手夹断了 |
[06:14] | See my trig textbook? I stashed it here yesterday. | 看到我的三角函数课本了吗 我昨天放在这的 |
[06:16] | No, it’s not here, Orlicki. | 没看到 欧力基 |
[06:18] | – Fuck me. – You do realize | -我靠 -你知道 |
[06:19] | everyone gets their own locker, right? | 每个人都有自己的储物柜吧 |
[06:21] | Yeah. But mine’s on the other side of the building, | 知道 但我的在楼的另一边 |
[06:23] | – makes me late all the time. – Shit! Orlicki! | -每次都害我迟到 -欧力基 |
[06:26] | Heard our boy here got asked to give another speech last night? | 听说昨晚有人叫这个家伙再演讲一次 |
[06:29] | – Seriously? – Motherfucking | -真的吗 -他简直是 |
[06:31] | Nelson Mandela over here! | 纳尔逊·曼德拉再世 |
[06:33] | I don’t get why I never get asked. | 不知道为什么从来没人让我去演讲 |
[06:34] | ’cause you’re a C+ student. | 因为你成绩差 |
[06:36] | The entire speech would be about porn and blunts. | 整篇演讲都会是关于黄片和大麻的 |
[06:39] | Fair enough. | 有道理 |
[06:43] | Shit! Check it out! | 靠 看呀 |
[06:44] | Hey, yo, ladies! | 女士们 |
[06:45] | – Stephanie Kim, what’s good? – Let’s go. | -斯蒂芬妮·金 你好吗 -我们走 |
[06:49] | Why you staring at Luce, Stephanie? | 你为什么盯着卢斯看 斯蒂芬妮 |
[06:51] | I’m talking to you. | 我在和你说话呢 |
[06:52] | Not everyone likes your big mouth. | 不是每个人都喜欢你的大嘴的 |
[06:54] | Your mama does. | 你妈喜欢 |
[06:55] | She loves my big mouth. | 她爱我的大嘴 |
[06:56] | Loves it all over that pussy! | 喜欢我舔她的逼 |
[06:58] | Man, you’re so gross! | 你太恶心了 |
[07:01] | Sorry, bro. | 抱歉 |
[07:02] | Hey yo, I’ll see you all at practice. | 训练时见 |
[07:07] | A law is a law. | 法律就是法律 |
[07:09] | Pole-tests used to be law. | 这曾经也是法律 |
[07:11] | So was segregation. Red lining. | 种族隔离和划红线也是 |
[07:14] | That’s not the same. | 这不一样 |
[07:15] | Explain why. | 你的理由呢 |
[07:17] | It’s just not. | 就是不一样 |
[07:18] | Things were different back then. | 以前的情况和现在不一样 |
[07:20] | Different how? | 怎么不一样 |
[07:21] | Well, like that was a different time. | 比如时代不一样 |
[07:23] | Social norms were different. | 社会规范不一样 |
[07:24] | People’s expectations, their attitudes… | 人们的期望和态度也不一样 |
[07:34] | Is this not important to you? | 这对你来说不重要吗 |
[07:39] | Well? | 回答我 |
[07:41] | It is. | 重要 |
[07:42] | You might want to speak more clearly. | 你得说得更清楚一点 |
[07:44] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不清你说什么 |
[07:46] | It is. | 重要 |
[07:48] | Keep in mind, that for her, | 记住了 对她而言 |
[07:51] | this knowledge is incidental but for you | 这个知识可能无关紧要 但你而言 |
[07:53] | it can be life or death. | 可能事关生死 |
[07:56] | So you might want to treat this material | 所以你需要足够严肃地 |
[07:58] | with the seriousness it deserves, Mr. Meeks. | 对待这个主题 米克斯先生 |
[08:09] | Which reminds me, I’m almost done | 这也让我想起 我差不多 |
[08:13] | grading your assignments. I apologize, | 把你们的作业改完了 我道歉 |
[08:16] | it’s taking me a little longer than usual but, | 比平常花的时间久了一点 但是 |
[08:18] | you’ll have them back soon. | 你们很快就会收到反馈 |
[08:21] | All right… | 好了 |
[08:24] | Deshaun… | 德肖恩 |
[08:28] | Deshaun! | 德肖恩 |
[08:40] | Let’s have a look in here. Okay… | 我们来看看里面 |
[08:44] | – Let’s see… – That feels funny! | -看看 -感觉怪怪的 |
[08:47] | Oh yeah? | 是吗 |
[08:48] | What about that? | 这样呢 |
[08:49] | Does that feel funny? | 怪吗 |
[08:53] | How do you feel about a weekend trip to Cornell? | 周末去康奈尔玩怎么样 |
[08:56] | – This weekend? – Yeah. | -这周末吗 -对 |
[08:58] | Maggie’s sister said she’d make a call | 玛吉的姐姐说她会打点关系 |
[08:59] | and get Luce some one-on-one time with the professor. | 让卢斯能有和教授独处的时间 |
[09:03] | This weekend we have the sip-and-see. | 这周末我们要参加新生儿派对 |
[09:07] | – Oh my God! – If you don’t want to go, | -天呐 -你不想去的话 |
[09:09] | you should have said, right? | 应该早点说 对吧 |
[09:11] | Yeah, well, it’s not that I don’t want to go. I mean, | 嗯 我不是不想去 |
[09:14] | – Trust me. I don’t want to go, but… – No, you just hate babies. | -相信我 我不想去 但是 -你就是讨厌婴儿 |
[09:16] | I do not hate babies. | 我不讨厌婴儿 |
[09:18] | I mean, I love babies! | 我超喜欢婴儿 |
[09:21] | But you hate babies. | 但你讨厌婴儿 |
[09:22] | Well, I’m just shocked you’re prioritizing | 我只是惊讶于你把 |
[09:25] | your ex’s sip-and-see over your son’s college education, | 前任的新生儿派对看得比儿子的大学教育更重 |
[09:28] | but hey, that’s just me. | 不过这只是我的个人想法 |
[09:29] | Okay. Punchline and point made. | 好吧 我懂你意思了 |
[09:33] | Okay, fine. You’re in charge of picking up | 好吧 你来决定带什么东西 |
[09:35] | whatever someone brings to a sip-and-see. | 去参加新生儿派对 |
[09:38] | Got it. Okay, see you at home. | 好的 回家见 |
[09:40] | See ya. | 回见 |
[09:46] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:49] | Yes, this is Amy. | 没错 是我 |
[09:52] | On your mark… | 各就各位 |
[09:54] | Set… | 预备 |
[09:56] | Go! | 跑 |
[10:12] | 新星高中 将军运动场 | |
[10:31] | – Mrs. Edgar. – Hi. | -埃德加夫人 -你好 |
[10:34] | I appreciate you coming back down here. | 感谢你抽出时间来一趟 |
[10:37] | Well, you have to make time for what’s important. | 必须要为重要的事情腾出时间 |
[10:39] | Ain’t that the truth. | 说得没错 |
[10:40] | – Kids are lucky to have you. – Thank you. | -学生们有你这样的老师真幸运 -谢谢 |
[10:43] | – Luce too. – We’re lucky to have him. | -卢斯也一样 -我们有他真幸运 |
[10:46] | We care a great deal about his success. | 我们很关心他的成功 |
[10:49] | – Peter and I too. – Of course. | -我和彼得也是 -当然 |
[10:51] | And I know context matters. | 而且我知道家庭环境很重要 |
[10:54] | Please, sit. | 请坐 |
[10:57] | Given Luce’s background, | 考虑到卢斯的背景 |
[10:59] | you and Peter must have faced quite a few challenges. | 你和彼得一定遇到了很多难题 |
[11:02] | the language barrier, the culture shock. | 语言障碍 文化冲击 |
[11:05] | He’s a resilient kid. | 他的适应能力很强 |
[11:06] | He is. But it’s also a testament to your parenting. | 是的 但这也证明了你们的培养有方 |
[11:10] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:12] | We had a lot of support, especially in the early days. I mean, | 我们得到了很多支持 尤其是最开始的时候 |
[11:15] | you don’t pull a kid out of a war zone | 把一个孩子从战区接出来 |
[11:17] | and have him turn out like Luce without a lot of help. | 让他变成卢斯这样 没有许多帮助是不行的 |
[11:19] | I bet. | 我想也是 |
[11:21] | Which is why this is so difficult. | 所以我很难开口 |
[11:24] | Difficult? | 难开口 |
[11:29] | Last week, the class was given an assignment | 上周 我给班上布置了一份作业 |
[11:32] | to write in the voice of an historical figure. | 以一个历史人物的口吻写篇论文 |
[11:35] | Some students picked FDR at the start of the Great Depression | 有学生选择了大萧条开始时的罗斯福总统 |
[11:40] | or even Fidel Castro at the Bay of Pigs. | 甚至是猪湾的菲德尔·卡斯特罗 |
[11:43] | The goal was to get them to think outside of the box. | 目的是让他们开动脑筋 |
[11:46] | Just want to make sure you understand where I’m coming from. | 只是想确保你明白我为什么谈这个 |
[11:51] | Please. | 请看 |
[12:21] | Who is this Frantz Fanon? | 这个弗兰茨·法农是谁 |
[12:24] | He was a pan-African revolutionary. | 一个泛非洲革命者 |
[12:27] | He argued that violence was a necessary cleansing force, | 他主张暴力是必要的净化力量 |
[12:31] | that it was needed to free colonized people from their rulers. | 使殖民地人民摆脱殖民者需要它 |
[12:35] | – You-you teach this? – I don’t. | -你教这个吗 -不教 |
[12:37] | Look, | 听着 |
[12:39] | I won’t pretend to know | 我不会假装明白 |
[12:40] | what it’s like for Luce to confront certain aspects of who he is | 卢斯要如何面对自身的某些方面 |
[12:44] | and it’s not within my purview | 我也无权 |
[12:47] | to say what a boy who spent his first 10 years in… | 说一个十岁前一直在… |
[12:50] | Eritrea. | 厄立特里亚 |
[12:52] | Right. | 没错 |
[12:53] | What that might have been like, | 那会是什么样子 |
[12:55] | what kind of adjustments he must have made in order to fit in here. | 他为了融入这里又做出了哪些调整 |
[12:59] | And I don’t know the details of his treatment… | 我不知道他的治疗详情 |
[13:02] | Well, I’m sure you’ve heard he went through years of recovery | 你肯定听说过他经历了数年的恢复 |
[13:04] | and he showed no signs of… | 他没有表现出… |
[13:06] | – I-I didn’t mean to imply… – No, I just want to be clear that | -我无意暗示 -我只想说清楚 |
[13:09] | whatever violence he both suffered and inflicted during that time | 不管他那时遭受或造成了什么暴力 |
[13:13] | was dealt with, it’s been processed. | 都处理过了 已经治疗了 |
[13:16] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:17] | But with the climate around school security the way it is right now, | 但是鉴于现在校园安全的情况 |
[13:21] | you can understand my concern. | 你应该能理解我的担心 |
[13:23] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:24] | Which is why I felt I needed to search his locker. | 所以我觉得我需要搜查他的储物柜 |
[13:27] | – I’m sorry? – Amy… | -你说什么 -艾米 |
[13:29] | He wrote a paper. | 他就是写了篇论文 |
[13:31] | A paper in which he describes | 可是在这篇论文中他描述 |
[13:33] | his belief that the solution to a political problem | 他认为政治问题的解决方法 |
[13:35] | is to gun down those with whom you disagree. | 就是枪杀那些你不认同的人 |
[13:37] | Right. But he was assuming a character. | 好吧 但他是站在这个人物的立场上 |
[13:40] | The assignment called for this and you… | 这是作业要求的 你… |
[13:46] | I found this in his locker. | 我在他的储物柜发现了这个 |
[13:51] | – No. – Amy. | -不 -艾米 |
[13:53] | No, I’m sorry. | 不 抱歉 |
[13:54] | I respect my son’s privacy. | 我尊重我儿子的隐私 |
[13:56] | Now, he wrote a paper that scared you. Fine. | 他写了一篇论文吓到了你 行 |
[13:58] | That’s between you and him. | 那是你和他之间的事 |
[13:59] | But I won’t, I will not violate his right to the privacy he’s owed. | 但我不会 我不会侵犯他应有的隐私权 |
[14:03] | They’re fireworks. | 这是烟花 |
[14:05] | Illegal and very dangerous fireworks. | 非法且非常危险的烟花 |
[14:08] | They could put a hole in the wall, let alone… | 可以在墙上炸出个洞 更别说… |
[14:09] | Where are you going with this? | 你到底想说什么 |
[14:12] | Right now I’m the only one who knows about them, | 现在只有我知道这件事 |
[14:14] | but what if someone else were to find them? | 但如果别人发现呢 |
[14:17] | If someone who didn’t know Luce the way you and I do | 如果一个不像你我这样了解卢斯的人 |
[14:20] | were to stumble on this | 意外发现这些烟花 |
[14:21] | within the context of his background having written this… | 再加上他这样背景的人写下这种言论… |
[14:25] | Take them. | 你拿着 |
[14:27] | Talk to him. | 和他谈谈 |
[14:30] | Who he is is too important to this school for him to fuck it up. | 他这个模范对我们学校太重要 不能让他搞砸 |
[14:34] | He can’t fuck it up. | 他不能搞砸 |
[14:38] | Talk to him, please. | 请和他谈谈 |
[14:45] | I will. | 我会的 |
[14:48] | You’re the one who keeps talking about Stephanie. | 是你一直在谈论斯蒂芬妮 |
[14:50] | – No, I’m not! – The fuck is wrong with you? | -我没有 -你到底什么毛病 |
[14:52] | Shut it! Get off me! | 闭嘴 放开我 |
[14:54] | You should have kept your mouth shut, little shit. | 你就该闭上你的嘴 混蛋 |
[14:56] | I told you! | 我告诉过你 |
[14:58] | What the hell! Come on! | 你们搞什么 别这样 |
[14:59] | – He told everybody! – Fuck you! | -他告诉了所有人 -去你的 |
[15:01] | Corey, Corey, Corey, Corey, Corey! | 科里 科里 科里 |
[15:04] | If this gets out, it’s on your two. | 如果这事传开 就怪你们两个 |
[15:06] | Both of you! | 你们两个 |
[15:09] | – Everything okay? – Everything’s fine, coach. | -有什么事吗 -没事 教练 |
[15:14] | Luce, my office. | 卢斯 来我办公室 |
[15:17] | Sure thing. | 好的 |
[15:25] | You read the whole thing? | 你从头到尾读完了 |
[15:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:28] | Okay, yeah, kids get taken with ideas. | 孩子确实会被一些思想迷住 |
[15:30] | Look, he probably stumbled across Frantz Fanon on the internet | 他可能在网上偶然看到弗兰茨·法农 |
[15:34] | and went overboard. | 过分着迷了 |
[15:35] | I read the Communist Manifesto when I was an undergrad | 我大学时读了共产党宣言 |
[15:37] | and called people comrade for a month. | 那一个月见人都叫同志 |
[15:40] | Yeah, well, I think he’s a little too smart for that. | 好吧 我觉得他很聪明 不会那样 |
[15:42] | Not too smart to have explosives in his locker. | 储物柜里放爆炸物不叫聪明 |
[15:45] | – They’re fireworks. – Illegal fireworks | -那是烟花 -非法烟花 |
[15:47] | – that have explosive capacity, – Still… | -我上网查了 -那也还是 |
[15:49] | I Googled this, of a shotgun blast. | 具有猎枪冲击那种爆炸力 |
[15:52] | They’re fireworks. | 那是烟花 |
[15:53] | It’s not shocking. | 没什么好震惊的 |
[15:55] | That is shocking. | 确实令人震惊 |
[15:58] | Okay, so what? | 好吧 那怎么办 |
[16:00] | – So what? – What? What, our… | -什么怎么办 -什么 什么 我们的 |
[16:04] | teenage soon-to-be valedictorian son is, | 即将在毕业礼上致辞的优秀青年儿子 |
[16:07] | – is secretly a radical? – No. | -暗地里是个激进分子吗 -不 |
[16:09] | – A terrorist? – No. | -恐怖分子吗 -不 |
[16:10] | – Of course not. – What then? | -当然不是 -那是什么 |
[16:12] | I don’t know. It’s just something’s going on | 我不知道 只是确实有情况 |
[16:14] | and I want to be in front of it. | 我想要及时处理 |
[16:16] | Shit. | 糟糕 |
[16:18] | Amy, what the fuck? | 艾米 你搞什么 |
[16:22] | How was school? | 学校怎么样 |
[16:29] | What’s going on? | 什么情况 |
[16:31] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[16:32] | How was school? How was practice? | 学校怎么样 训练怎么样 |
[16:34] | Uneventful. | 跟平时一样 |
[16:36] | Psy. | 傻 |
[16:39] | – Have you eaten? – Not yet. | -你吃饭了吗 -还没 |
[16:41] | Good, because your dad picked up curry. | 那好 你爸买了咖喱饭 |
[16:44] | Sweet! | 棒 |
[16:53] | Okay, put your stuff down so we can eat. | 你把东西放好我们就开饭了 |
[16:55] | – Cool. – Great. | -好的 -好 |
[16:58] | – Don’t start without me. – We won’t. | -等我来了再开吃 -好的 |
[17:02] | – What was that? – I don’t want him to know | -刚刚什么情况 -我不想他知道 |
[17:05] | – we’ve gone through his things. – We didn’t go through his things. | -我们翻了他的东西 -我们没翻 |
[17:06] | Or make it seem like we went behind his back to his teachers. | 或是搞得像我们背着他找了老师 |
[17:09] | – Amy… – Come on, Pete. | -艾米 -拜托 彼得 |
[17:11] | How many years did it take us to get him here? | 我们花了多少年才让他变成现在这样 |
[17:12] | How many nights did I crawl underneath that bed | 多少个夜晚我爬到他床下 |
[17:15] | because he was too scared to sleep in it? | 因为他太害怕不敢睡床上 |
[17:17] | What we’ve built. That trust. | 我们建立的那份信任 |
[17:19] | I won’t risk it. I won’t. | 我不会拿它冒险 不会 |
[17:36] | I got everything ready. | 我把一切都准备好了 |
[17:39] | Yes, I’ll be by to talk with the doctors tomorrow | 是的 我明天会去和医生谈 |
[17:41] | and we’ll be all set. | 然后就没问题了 |
[17:44] | Rose… | 罗斯 |
[17:45] | Rose, I told you already, okay? | 罗斯 我已经告诉你了 |
[17:49] | Okay. I’ll see you soon. | 好的 回头见 |
[17:52] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[18:17] | Okay, so who told you? | 好吧 谁告诉你们了 |
[18:19] | – Told us what? – You clearly know. | -告诉我们什么 -你们显然知道 |
[18:22] | What do we know? | 我们知道什么 |
[18:23] | You don’t… you don’t know? | 你们…你们不知道吗 |
[18:25] | What is it that you think we do or do not know, honey? | 你认为我们知道或不知道什么 亲爱的 |
[18:33] | Coach Reeves offered me Captain. | 里夫斯教练让我当队长 |
[18:36] | Oh my God! That’s amazing! | 天啊 太棒了 |
[18:38] | Yeah! It’s… it’s dope. | 是的 酷毙了 |
[18:39] | Says I’ll be good example for certain teammates. | 他说我会是一些队友的好榜样 |
[18:42] | But between track and debate prep, | 但要练田径以及准备辩论 |
[18:44] | plus the extra shit Wilson has us doing… | 还有威尔逊让我们做的额外作业 |
[18:46] | What, how do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:48] | Nothing. It’s just… | 没什么 只是… |
[18:51] | You really don’t like her, do you? | 你真的不喜欢她 是吧 |
[18:53] | It’s complicated. | 很复杂 |
[18:55] | Try me. | 说来听听 |
[18:58] | Okay. You remember Stephanie Kim, right? | 好吧 你们还记得斯蒂芬妮·金吧 |
[19:03] | – Sort of… – Not a clue. | -有点… -完全不记得 |
[19:04] | She came over one time last… | 她之前来过一次 |
[19:06] | – Go on. – Anyway. | -继续说 -总之 |
[19:08] | There were these rumors going around about her | 几周前一次派对后 |
[19:10] | after this party a few weeks ago. | 开始有她的谣言 |
[19:11] | – What kind of rumors? – People were drinking | -什么谣言 -大家都在喝酒 |
[19:14] | and no one really knows what happened, but… | 没人知道到底发生了什么 但… |
[19:17] | Stephanie got kind of messed up. | 斯蒂芬妮有点喝高了 |
[19:18] | Something happened with some guys. | 和几个男生发生了一些事 |
[19:20] | Then Wilson got involved | 然后威尔逊插手了 |
[19:21] | and no one really could prove anything | 没人能真的证明什么 |
[19:24] | but she kept using Stephanie as like an example. | 但她一直拿斯蒂芬妮举例 |
[19:26] | Turning her into a victim. | 把她变成受害者 |
[19:28] | – How? – Well, | -具体呢 -这个 |
[19:30] | we’ll be talking about women in Middle East or something | 我们会讨论中东女性之类的话题 |
[19:33] | and she singles her out, says some shit like, | 她专门针对斯蒂芬妮 说一些什么 |
[19:35] | “We all know firsthand how important it is for women | “我们都切身了解女性鼓起勇气” |
[19:38] | to have the courage to stand up, to fight.” | “站出来反抗有多重要” |
[19:41] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:42] | It’s not exactly singling her out. | 这也不算是针对她吧 |
[19:44] | It’s how she says it. | 是她表述的方式 |
[19:46] | Like everyone’s a symbol to her. | 好像每个人在她看来都是个象征 |
[19:47] | Stephanie, Deshaun, we all exist | 斯蒂芬妮 德肖恩 我们的存在 |
[19:50] | to confirm the world is the way she sees it. | 都是为了证实她眼中的世界 |
[19:52] | So does she do that kind of thing with you? | 她也这么对你吗 |
[19:54] | Are you kidding? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[19:55] | I’m a fucking poster boy. | 我就是个招牌男孩 |
[19:57] | Black kid who overcame his tragic past, | 克服了悲惨过去的黑人男孩 |
[19:59] | the example why America works. It’s bullshit. | 美国为什么能成功的例子 都是狗屁 |
[20:03] | So you don’t like her labeling you? | 所以你不喜欢她给你加标签 |
[20:05] | I don’t like tokenism. | 我不喜欢象征主义 |
[20:07] | What’s the difference between punishing someone | 惩罚一个符合刻板印象的人 |
[20:09] | for being a stereotype and rewarding them if they’re not? | 和奖励一个不符合刻板印象的人 有什么区别吗 |
[20:12] | One of the two comes with benefits. | 其中一个有好处 |
[20:14] | What you’d call a benefit, | 你所说的好处 |
[20:16] | I’d call a responsibility I didn’t ask for. | 在我看来是不请自来的责任 |
[20:18] | Okay, what about responsibility to tell the truth? | 好吧 那说实话的责任呢 |
[20:21] | – What? – Peter… | -什么 -彼得 |
[20:22] | So, one of the benefits you get is benefit of the doubt. | 你得到的其中一个好处就是无罪推定 |
[20:25] | – A chance to explain yourself. – Explain myself? | -为自己解释的机会 -为自己解释 |
[20:27] | – Enough. – Whereas another student might not. So… | -够了 -其他学生可没有这待遇 |
[20:32] | You have anything you want to tell us? | 你还有没有要跟我们交代的 |
[20:34] | – Peter, stop. – About what? | -彼得 别这样 -交代什么 |
[20:40] | Ask your mom. | 问你妈吧 |
[20:46] | Finish your food. | 把饭吃了 |
[22:03] | 哈丽特·威尔逊 新星高中 | |
[22:05] | 新星高中世界史教师 曾就读于阿拉巴马州立大学 居住于维吉尼亚州 阿灵顿市 有一名家庭成员 | |
[22:09] | 罗斯玛丽·威尔逊 妹妹 | |
[22:54] | Knock knock. | 在吗 |
[22:56] | We’ve been summoned. | 让我们过去 |
[23:00] | Honey… | 宝贝 |
[23:13] | 卢斯 我们得谈谈 | |
[23:31] | Prosecutor Edgar, | 埃德加检察官 |
[23:32] | take it easy on me today. How are you all doing? | 今天要手下留情啊 你们都还好吗 |
[23:34] | Ms. Wilson, so glad you could join us. | 很高兴你能来参加 威尔逊老师 |
[23:36] | Luce was hoping to get some help building his next case. | 卢斯希望有人能帮他演练一下 |
[23:39] | I figure you and Principal Dan are the all stars. | 你和丹校长就是全明星阵容了 |
[23:41] | We’re going to nationals again this year, right? | 我们今年能打进决赛 对不对 |
[23:43] | – 100 percent. – Boom! | -绝对的 -好样的 |
[23:45] | That’s why this one’s my thoroughbred. | 所以说他是我的得意弟子 |
[23:47] | Okay, let’s have it. | 好 这就开始吧 |
[23:49] | Ms. Wilson… | 威尔逊老师 |
[23:51] | Of course. Let’s, uh, let’s hear what you got. | 好啊 让我们听听你准备了什么 |
[23:59] | – What are you doing? – Jesus, Pete! | -你在做什么 -天呐 彼得 |
[24:03] | Doesn’t it make sense just to get rid of them? | 直接把它们扔了不就好了吗 |
[24:05] | They’re so dangerous. | 它们太危险了 |
[24:06] | We hang on to them until we get to the bottom of this. | 我们得留着直到搞清楚整件事为止 |
[24:12] | They’ll be safe here. | 放在这里就没事了 |
[24:15] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:26] | My argument is premised on two court cases: | 我的论点基于两个案例 |
[24:29] | Goss v. Lopez, 1975, | 1975年的格斯诉洛佩兹案 |
[24:31] | and New Jersey v. T.L.O., 1985. | 以及1985年的新泽西州诉TLO案 |
[24:34] | In Goss, an Ohio school suspended nine students | 在格斯案中 俄亥俄州一家学校以不良行为为由 |
[24:37] | for delinquent behavior, | 责令九名学生停课查看 |
[24:39] | but the Supreme Court found | 但最高法院认为 |
[24:40] | that depriving students of their right to an education | 不经正当程序剥夺学生受教育权 |
[24:43] | without due process is a violation of their civil rights. | 是对学生公民权利的侵害 |
[24:47] | Ms. Wilson, do you agree with that? | 威尔逊老师 你同意这一观点吗 |
[24:49] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[24:50] | Do you agree that those kids | 你认同这些学生的 |
[24:51] | were deprived of their civil rights? | 公民权利受侵犯了吗 |
[24:54] | I don’t know the specifics of the case, but… | 我不了解案件细节 但是 |
[24:57] | – the principal… – Principal makes sense, right? | -原则上… -原则上没问题 对吧 |
[25:00] | Education is a civil right. | 教育权属于公民权利 |
[25:01] | Everyone should have civil rights. | 人人都享有公民权利 |
[25:03] | – Right. – In the second case | -对 -在第二个案件中 |
[25:05] | a student is accused of smoking in the school bathroom, | 一名学生被指控在学校洗手间抽烟 |
[25:08] | but there’s no proof. | 但没有证据 |
[25:10] | The charge is premised on a teacher’s suspicion. | 这一论断完全是基于一名教师的怀疑 |
[25:13] | So the principal searched her purse and found cigarettes | 所以学校搜了她的钱包 发现了香烟 |
[25:16] | and marijuana-related paraphernalia. | 以及大麻相关用品 |
[25:18] | Do you agree with that? | 你认同这一做法吗 |
[25:20] | What did the court say? | 法院怎么宣判的 |
[25:21] | The court found that students | 法院认为学生在学校 |
[25:22] | 合理隐私期待 界定自然人在什么场合拥有隐私的要素之一 只有自然人能证明拥有合理隐私期待的前提下 才能享受美国第四宪法修正案的保护 | |
[25:22] | have a reduced expectation of privacy in schools. | 享有较弱的隐私期待 |
[25:26] | It makes sense. | 有道理 |
[25:27] | Does it? | 是吗 |
[25:29] | A school is a unique social institution. | 学校是一个特殊的社会机构 |
[25:33] | It’s populated by people who aren’t adults in the eyes of the law. | 其中的成员是法律上的未成年人 |
[25:36] | People who have to be here. | 必须上学的人 |
[25:38] | – Students. – Yes. | -学生 -对 |
[25:40] | Students are half people. | 学生不算完全的人 |
[25:42] | Luce, | 卢斯 |
[25:43] | is there a specific question you have | 你有什么威尔逊老师能回答的 |
[25:45] | that Ms. Wilson might be able to address? | 具体问题要问吗 |
[25:47] | Totally. | 有的 |
[25:49] | Thanks Ms. Tennyson. | 谢谢 坦尼森老师 |
[25:51] | Basically my question that I hope Ms. Wilson can help me with | 我希望威尔逊老师能帮助我解答的问题 |
[25:54] | is around this idea of reduced expectation | 与这个弱隐私期待 |
[25:57] | versus the affirmation by the court of student civil rights. | 以及法院对学生公民权的认可有关 |
[26:00] | Like what are the criteria for evaluating | 比如说如何判定 |
[26:02] | what’s a violation of privacy? | 侵害隐私的行为 |
[26:04] | Is privacy a civil right? | 隐私权属于公民权吗 |
[26:06] | I think so. | 是的 |
[26:07] | Maybe the law isn’t so sure. | 也许法律没那么明确 |
[26:12] | If I went through your desk without you knowing, | 如果我不经你同意搜查你的办公桌 |
[26:14] | would you feel like your privacy was violated? | 你会感觉这侵犯了你的隐私吗 |
[26:18] | Yes, I would. | 会 |
[26:20] | So? | 那么 |
[26:22] | Feelings aren’t a legal argument. | 但是感觉不能成为法律依据 |
[26:25] | In the New Jersey case, the teacher assumed | 在新泽西州案中 那位老师 |
[26:27] | the girl was guilty because of her feelings. | 以她的感觉判定那女孩犯了错 |
[26:30] | That’s called reasonable suspicion. | 那是合理的怀疑 |
[26:32] | It’s all the police need to search your car. | 警察只需要这个就能搜查你的车 |
[26:32] | 不准确 美国宪法规定 为了保护人们的合理隐私期待 此类搜查需要许可令 | |
[26:35] | So it’s about what’s reasonable. | 所以关键在于合理的定义 |
[26:38] | That’s what courts are for. | 这是法院的事 |
[26:42] | Really it’s just about people though, right? | 但其实只是在于人 对吗 |
[26:45] | Whether they conform to what we think they are. | 在于对方的表现是否符合我们对其的认知 |
[26:49] | It’s not that simple. | 不是那么简单的 |
[26:51] | Nothing ever is. | 世上没有简单的事 |
[26:58] | Thank you so much for your help, Ms. Wilson. | 非常感谢你的帮助 威尔逊老师 |
[26:59] | This was, this was great, right? | 很顺利 是不是 |
[27:01] | Any time. | 随时恭候 |
[27:03] | God, that kid is something else, isn’t he? | 天呐 这孩子真出色 是不是 |
[27:17] | All right, people, phones away. | 好了 大家放下手机 |
[27:20] | I see you, Sasha. | 我看见你了 萨莎 |
[27:22] | And you too, Stephanie Kim. | 还有你 斯蒂芬妮·金 |
[27:25] | – All right. – It’s show time! | -好 -表演时间到 |
[27:27] | You fucked up. And bro, | 你搞砸了 另外兄弟 |
[27:28] | you can’t just go slamming Orlicki against a locker. | 你不能把欧力基压在柜门上打 |
[27:31] | He’s out there telling everybody. | 他跟其他人胡说八道 |
[27:32] | It’s nothing half the school didn’t already know. | 又不是说大家都不知道 |
[27:35] | Besides, I talked to Stephanie. | 另外 我和斯蒂芬妮谈了 |
[27:37] | You two still talk? | 你们俩还说话 |
[27:39] | Not really, but someone had to resolve this | 不算吧 但总有人得去解决这件事 |
[27:40] | – before it blows up. – Is she gonna be cool? | -免得出事 -她没问题吧 |
[27:42] | – Yeah. – Is she gonna be cool? | -对 -她不会惹事吧 |
[27:44] | Everything’s going to be cool, man. | 不会有事的 兄弟 |
[27:45] | Just squash the beef with Orlicki, all right? | 和欧力基和好 行吗 |
[27:48] | – Corey! – All right, man. Whatever. | -科里 -行 兄弟 随便吧 |
[27:55] | Deshaun’s one bold-ass nigga. | 德肖恩胆子真大 |
[27:58] | Since Wilson got him tossed off the team, | 自从威尔逊把他赶出校队 |
[27:59] | he’s been messed up. | 他就自暴自弃了 |
[28:05] | I’ll catch you later, man. | 回头见 兄弟 |
[28:08] | – Yo. – Yeah. | -嘿 -好 |
[28:19] | We agreed on this. | 我们说好了的 |
[28:21] | If you live with me, you have to be responsible for… | 你和我一起住的话 你得负责任 |
[28:24] | All I ask is if you’re staying on top of your medication. | 我只要你乖乖服药 |
[28:28] | I know what the doctor said, Rosemary. | 我知道医生说了什么 罗斯玛丽 |
[28:30] | It doesn’t mean I’m comfortable with it. | 这不等于我没意见 |
[28:32] | Out of everyone in this family, | 全家人里面 |
[28:34] | you know that I’ve been there for you time and time again. | 只有我一次又一次帮你 |
[28:36] | I resent that. | 我讨厌那样 |
[28:39] | I gotta go, Rose. We’ll talk tonight. | 我得挂了 罗斯 我们今晚再聊 |
[28:44] | – Everything okay? – Everything’s fine. | -一切都还好吗 -都很好 |
[28:47] | Family stuff? | 家务事吗 |
[28:48] | Personal business, yes. | 对 私事 |
[28:50] | Gotcha. | 懂了 |
[28:53] | Thanks for your guidance this morning. | 谢谢你今早的指导 |
[28:54] | It really helped make my case. | 对我理清论点真的很有帮助 |
[28:56] | I’m glad. | 我很高兴 |
[28:58] | You wanted to see me? | 你是想见我吗 |
[29:00] | I wanted to talk to you about your assignment, Luce. | 我想跟你谈谈你的作业 卢斯 |
[29:02] | What about it? | 作业怎么了 |
[29:04] | I assumed you spoke to your mother… | 我假定你和你妈谈过了 |
[29:06] | I haven’t gotten it back yet. How could I talk to my mom about it? | 我都还没有回家 怎么可能和我妈谈过 |
[29:11] | Well, I’ll just say, uh… | 我直说吧 |
[29:14] | After reading through it, I have some concerns | 读完你的作业 我对你陈述的 |
[29:16] | about some of the arguments you made. | 一些观点有些担忧 |
[29:17] | Well they aren’t mine. | 那不是我的观点 |
[29:19] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[29:20] | The arguments, they’re Frantz Fanon’s. | 那些论点 是弗兰茨·法农的 |
[29:22] | I realize that. | 我知道 |
[29:24] | The assignment was to write in his voice. | 作业要求以他的口吻写 |
[29:25] | You really think I believe that stuff? | 你真认为我相信那一套 |
[29:27] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:30] | If I didn’t know you, Luce, it would be reasonable for me | 如果我不认识你 我读完那作业 |
[29:33] | to read that assignment and conclude… | 完全有理由认为你… |
[29:35] | But you do know me. | 但你认识我 |
[29:39] | Look, um, | 听我说 |
[29:41] | I’m sorry if I scared you. | 吓到你我很抱歉 |
[29:43] | I just wanted to do a good job. | 我只想把作业做好 |
[29:45] | You did do a good job. | 你的确完成得不错 |
[29:47] | I mean, I get it. | 我懂 |
[29:49] | – Get what? – Well, I get | -懂什么 -我懂 |
[29:50] | how someone who learned how to shoot a gun before driving a car | 如果一个在学开车前就先会开枪的人 |
[29:53] | writing something like that | 写那么一篇东西 |
[29:55] | might make someone freaked out. | 可能会吓到别人 |
[29:58] | I just hope you know me better than that, Ms. Wilson. | 我只是希望你知道我不是那样的人 威尔逊老师 |
[30:03] | I like to think that I do, Luce. | 我也觉得你不是 卢斯 |
[30:08] | Is there anything else you wanted to talk to me about? | 你还有什么想跟我谈的吗 |
[30:10] | No. | 没有了 |
[30:11] | But tell your mom I’d like her to call me. | 告诉你妈 我希望她给我打个电话 |
[30:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[30:16] | Because I want to speak with her. | 因为我想和她聊聊 |
[30:19] | What about? I mean, | 聊什么 |
[30:21] | I guess it’s about me unless you guys are friends or something. | 除非你们有私交 否则我猜和我有关 |
[30:23] | Please have her call me, Luce. | 请让她给我打电话 卢斯 |
[30:25] | Thank you for stopping in. | 谢谢你过来 |
[30:27] | Of course. | 好的 |
[30:33] | Hey, Ms. Wilson… | 威尔逊老师 |
[30:36] | What’s your favorite holiday? | 你最喜欢哪个节日 |
[30:38] | – Excuse me? – What’s your favorite holiday? | -什么 -你最喜欢哪个节日 |
[30:41] | I don’t know. Christmas maybe. | 我不确定 大概圣诞节吧 |
[30:43] | Mine is Independence Day. | 我最喜欢独立日 |
[30:46] | Before I came here, | 我来美国之前 |
[30:48] | I didn’t know a single holiday and | 我一个节日也没听说过 |
[30:50] | I remember my mom trying to explain what they were. | 我记得我妈努力跟我解释各种节日 |
[30:54] | It’s a hard concept to grasp if you’ve never heard of it, | 没有听说过节日的话 很难理解 |
[30:57] | but, | 但是 |
[30:58] | once I learned them all, my favorite, hands down, | 搞懂所有节日后 我最喜欢的节日 |
[31:01] | has always been Independence Day. | 毫无疑问 一直都是独立日 |
[31:04] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[31:05] | I like what it represents. | 我喜欢它的含义 |
[31:08] | Freedom, | 自由 |
[31:10] | strength, | 力量 |
[31:12] | individuality. | 个性 |
[31:15] | Also I love the fireworks. The lights. | 另外我也喜欢烟花 那种光芒 |
[31:22] | Luce, I’d like to remind you that you’re still a student here | 卢斯 我要提醒你 你在这里是个学生 |
[31:25] | and I am your teacher. | 我是你的老师 |
[31:27] | And regardless of what you may view as some sort of injustice | 无论你把什么视为不公 |
[31:31] | – What are you talking about? – or unfair, | -你在说什么 -或者不合理 |
[31:33] | just remember how things are organized around here. | 记住这里的规矩 |
[31:38] | Totally. I’ll see you around. | 当然了 回头见 |
[31:51] | – The financials from Cusack. – Thanks, Beth. | -丘萨克的财报 -谢谢 贝丝 |
[31:54] | Quarter end payments went out, right? | 季终支出结算 是不是 |
[31:56] | Yes. | 对 |
[32:02] | Yeah? | 怎么 |
[32:06] | Ms. Wilson. How are you? | 威尔逊老师 你好吗 |
[32:14] | Why is she calling you? | 她为什么给你打电话 |
[32:15] | Well, last I checked I’m one of two parents. | 我记得我也还是家长之一呢 |
[32:18] | Yeah, but she was communicating with me | 没错 但她之前都是跟我沟通的 |
[32:20] | and now she’s calling you? | 现在怎么变成给你打电话了 |
[32:21] | Well, we’re both available to talk about our son. | 好吧 她可以跟任一家长谈论我们儿子的问题 |
[32:24] | This woman has some kind of vendetta against Luce. | 这个女人对卢斯抱有恨意 |
[32:28] | – Vendetta? Really? – Yeah. | -恨意 真的吗 -是的 |
[32:29] | She has some thing with him and now, | 她之前跟他有过节 而现在 |
[32:31] | now she’s trying to divide and conquer. | 现在她试图对我们分而治之 |
[32:34] | Nice word choice. | 说话真有水平 |
[32:35] | What she did with Stephanie Kim | 她之前那样对斯蒂芬妮·金 |
[32:36] | and what she’s trying to do now with Luce, | 现在又想这样对卢斯 |
[32:38] | this woman holds different kids to different standards based on… | 她对不同的孩子用不同标准 |
[32:41] | Did you see or hear what she did to that girl? | 你有见到或听到她对那女孩做的事情吗 |
[32:44] | – I’ve heard enough to know. – From Luce, yeah. | -我听到的足够下判断了 -从卢斯那里听的 |
[32:47] | Yes, from our son, who has always been honest with us. | 是的 从我们儿子那里听的 他对我们一直很诚实 |
[32:51] | Except about having illegal fireworks in his locker. | 除了在储物柜里藏着非法烟花 |
[32:53] | He didn’t lie about that. | 那件事他并没有说谎 |
[32:55] | – Is that so? – Not telling us | -是吗 -没告诉我们 |
[32:57] | and lying are two different things. | 和说谎可是两码事 |
[32:59] | And what if there’s a pattern here? | 如果他做坏事是有模式的呢 |
[33:02] | – A pattern? – Yeah. | -模式 -没错 |
[33:03] | The paper, the fireworks, the threat… | 论文 烟花 威胁老师 |
[33:05] | Peter… | 彼得 |
[33:07] | – We have to be at least open to the possibility – Absolutely not. | -我们至少得坦诚面对 -绝对不行 |
[33:10] | that our son is capable of… | 儿子可能做某些事的可能 |
[33:12] | Of what? Capable of what? | 做什么 做什么的可能 |
[33:15] | Tell me you know he’s a good kid, Pete. | 告诉我你知道他是个好孩子 彼得 |
[33:17] | Tell me if shit hits the fan, | 告诉我如果真的出事 |
[33:18] | we aren’t about to abandon our son. | 我们不会舍弃我们的儿子 |
[33:20] | – Of course we’re not going to abandon him. – Our black son to a system | -我们当然不会舍弃他 -我们的黑人儿子得面对 |
[33:22] | that already wants to shit all over him. | 一个本来就想整死他的体系 |
[33:26] | It’s our job to protect him, to have his back. | 我们的职责是保护他 支持他 |
[33:29] | That’s part of it. It’s our job | 那只一部分 我们还有一种职责 |
[33:31] | – to do what’s right. – By him. | -是做正确的事 -是为他 |
[33:33] | To do what’s right by him. | 是为他做正确的事 |
[33:36] | – Luce! – Yeah? | -卢斯 -怎么 |
[33:37] | – Got a minute? – You said you’d do this my way. | -有时间吗 -你说过会按我的方法做的 |
[33:39] | – Yeah. – What’s up? | -是的 -怎么了 |
[33:41] | Did you threaten your teacher? | 你有没有威胁你的老师 |
[33:42] | – Honey… – Excuse me? | -亲爱的 -什么 |
[33:43] | You heard me. | 你听到我说的了 |
[33:44] | Did I threaten…? | 我有没有威胁… |
[33:45] | Ms. Wilson called. | 威尔逊老师打电话了 |
[33:48] | Ms. Wilson said I threatened her? | 威尔逊老师说我威胁她了吗 |
[33:49] | Did you? | 有没有 |
[33:51] | – What did she say? – She said… | -她说什么 -她说… |
[33:52] | Never mind what she said. What did you do? | 别管她说了什么 你干什么了 |
[33:54] | She asked me to come and see her. | 她让我过去见她 |
[33:56] | And? | 然后 |
[33:57] | I thanked her for helping me with my debate case. | 我感谢她帮我理清辩论的论点 |
[33:59] | – She helped you? – Yeah, her and Principal Dan. | -她帮了你 -是的 她跟丹校长 |
[34:02] | Why would I threaten her? | 我为什么要威胁她 |
[34:04] | What did she want to talk to you about? | 她想跟你谈什么事情 |
[34:05] | A paper. We had a misunderstanding. | 一篇论文 我们之前有误会 |
[34:08] | I apologized for it. | 我为此道歉 |
[34:10] | You say anything about the 4th of July? | 你有没有提到独立日 |
[34:12] | – What? – Honey… | -什么 -亲爱的 |
[34:13] | – About fireworks? – How is that a threat? | -还有烟花 -那怎么能算是威胁 |
[34:15] | Did you or did you not say something about the 4th of July? | 你到底有没有提到独立日 |
[34:17] | I said the 4th of July was my favorite holiday. | 我说独立日是我最爱的节日 |
[34:20] | Why would you say that? | 你为什么那样说 |
[34:21] | Because I thought we were having a conversation. | 因为我以为我们在聊天 |
[34:22] | She says I threatened her? | 她说我威胁她了 |
[34:24] | Luce, I need you to be straight with me for a second. | 卢斯 我需要你跟我说实话 |
[34:26] | – When am I not? – Hey! | -我什么时候不说实话了 -喂 |
[34:31] | Sure. | 好的 |
[34:34] | So is there anything you want to tell us? | 你有什么想跟我们交代的吗 |
[34:38] | – No. – You sure about that? | -没有 -确定吗 |
[34:40] | Am I sure about what? Jesus, if you guys | 确定什么 天啊 如果你们 |
[34:41] | – want to ask me… – Why did you have | -想问我… -你为什么 |
[34:43] | illegal fireworks in your locker? | 把非法烟花放在储物柜里 |
[34:45] | – What? – Why did you have | -什么 -你为什么 |
[34:46] | illegal fireworks in your locker? | 把非法烟花放在储物柜里 |
[34:48] | – I didn’t. – Luce, don’t lie to me. | -我没有 -卢斯 别对我说谎 |
[34:51] | – I’m not. – Luce! | -我没有 -卢斯 |
[34:52] | How would you know what’s in my locker? | 你怎么知道我储物柜里有什么 |
[34:53] | – Harriet told us. – Harriet has a lot to say. | -哈丽特告诉我们的 -哈丽特的话可真多 |
[34:56] | Never mind what she said. Did you or didn’t you? | 别管她说什么了 你到底放没放 |
[34:59] | – Not that I know of. – Oh, you know what? | -就我所知没有 -你知道吗 |
[35:02] | – Fuck this. – We share lockers. | -不管了 -我们的储物柜共用 |
[35:04] | The guys on the team share lockers. | 校队里的男生都共用储物柜 |
[35:06] | Half my shit is in Orlicki’s, half his shit is in mine. | 欧力基的储物柜里有我的东西 我的里有他的东西 |
[35:09] | I don’t know what 90% of the crap at the bottom is, | 大部分情况下我都不知道储物柜里有什么东西 |
[35:11] | – let alone who it belongs to. – So… | -更别说知道是谁的了 -所以 |
[35:13] | So not everything in my locker belongs to me. | 所以我储物柜里的东西不全是我的 |
[35:16] | Okay, good. | 那就好 |
[35:19] | That’s good. | 这就没事了 |
[35:20] | Now, you understand | 这回你就明白了 |
[35:21] | why it’s important to know | 不仅要搞清楚 |
[35:23] | not only what’s in your locker, but who it belongs to. | 储物柜里有什么东西 还要知道是谁的 |
[35:26] | – Yes. – Right? | -是的 -对吧 |
[35:27] | You can’t blindly trust people to… | 你不能盲目地相信别人 |
[35:28] | Okay. You seriously buy this shit? | 你还真信这套鬼话 |
[35:34] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[35:37] | So someone just happens to leave a bag of illegal fireworks | 你是说恰好有人把非法烟花放在你储物柜里 |
[35:41] | in your locker and you have no idea? | 而且你还不知道是谁 |
[35:43] | And then this teacher, who you don’t like, | 然后有个你不喜欢的老师 |
[35:47] | unjustifiably searches your locker and finds them. | 无理地搜了你的储物柜 找到了这些烟花 |
[35:50] | You’re just an unlucky victim | 你只是巧合之中的 |
[35:52] | – of circumstance, right? – It’s the truth. | -不幸受害者 是吗 -是真的 |
[35:54] | That doesn’t sound like the truth to me. | 我可不这么觉得 |
[35:56] | That sounds like bullshit. | 我觉得你说的是狗屁 |
[36:05] | You believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[36:13] | We can figure this out. | 我们能解决这个问题 |
[36:45] | 选手德 什么时候能见面 | |
[38:19] | I didn’t tell anyone about Stephanie or the party. | 我没跟任何人说过斯蒂芬妮和派对的事 |
[38:22] | Corey should calm the fuck down. | 科里应该冷静下来 |
[38:24] | I talked to him, everything’s fine. | 我跟他说过了 一切正常 |
[38:26] | Yeah, tell that to the bruise on my fucking neck. | 是啊 你他妈跟我脖子上的淤青说一切正常吧 |
[38:28] | You gotta understand where he’s coming from. | 你得理解他的处境 |
[38:31] | Your dad went to Dartmouth. | 你爸上了达特茅斯[名校] |
[38:32] | Your granddad went to Dartmouth. | 你爷爷上了达特茅斯 |
[38:34] | Your dog could probably get into Dartmouth. | 连你的狗大概都能上达特茅斯 |
[38:38] | Corey doesn’t have that. | 科里可没有这种背景 |
[38:40] | A whiff of something up with him and he’s the next Deshaun. | 他只要惹上一点点事 就会成为下一个德肖恩 |
[38:45] | Can’t be walking around at night smelling high, bro. | 可不能晚上乱逛抽大麻 兄弟 |
[38:47] | You seriously think someone’s gonna stop you? | 你真的觉得有人能阻止你吗 |
[38:50] | I’m not interested in being the next Deshaun either. | 我也不想成为下一个德肖恩 |
[38:53] | You’re not like Deshaun. | 你跟德肖恩不一样 |
[38:55] | We’re both black, Orlicki. | 我们都是黑人 欧力基 |
[38:57] | Yeah, but he’s like black-black. | 确实 但他是那种黑人 |
[39:03] | Then what am I? | 那我是哪种黑人 |
[39:04] | You’re Luce. | 你是卢斯 |
[39:33] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[39:36] | Where were you? | 你去哪里了 |
[39:37] | I went for a run. What do you want? | 我去跑步了 有什么事 |
[39:40] | I just wanted to apologize | 我想向你道歉 |
[39:42] | for before. | 为之前的事 |
[39:44] | – Your father… – …thinks I’m a liar? | -你父亲… -觉得我是个骗子吗 |
[39:45] | No, he-he’s confused. We both are. | 不是 他很困惑 我们都是 |
[39:50] | Confused about what? | 困惑什么事 |
[39:52] | I told you the kind of person Wilson is. | 我跟你说过威尔逊的为人 |
[39:54] | You don’t conform to what she wants | 你不顺应她的心意 |
[39:56] | and suddenly you’re the enemy. | 那你就成了她的敌人 |
[39:58] | Look… | 听着 |
[40:00] | I know it can seem unfair how much people expect of you. | 我明白别人对你期望过高可能显得不公平 |
[40:03] | You don’t, though. | 但你不明白 |
[40:06] | You can’t. | 不可能明白 |
[40:07] | And sometimes I’m working so hard | 有时候我那么努力 |
[40:08] | to keep this all together, | 想要维持这一切 |
[40:10] | – it feels like it’ll all just… – What? | -让我感觉一切都… -都怎么 |
[40:11] | – Just what? – I can’t be perfect. | -都怎么 -我不可能完美 |
[40:13] | No one expects you to be perfect. | 没有人期望你完美 |
[40:15] | Wilson does. | 威尔逊就是 |
[40:17] | Believe it or not, she’s just trying to protect you. | 信不信由你 她只是在保护你 |
[40:19] | She’s trying to protect her idea of me. | 她是在保护我象征的意义 |
[40:23] | Same as you and him. | 跟你和他一样 |
[40:26] | That’s not fair. | 这么说不公平 |
[40:27] | Unfair doesn’t make it untrue. | 不公平不代表不是真的 |
[40:32] | 用户在向好友发送消息后 消息在限定时间后 会彻底的从好友设备及软件服务器上删除 | |
[40:32] | 阅后即焚 选手德发来消息 | |
[40:38] | Luce… | 卢斯 |
[40:40] | I have to get up early for practice in the morning. | 我还得早起参加训练呢 |
[40:43] | Good night, Amy. | 晚安 艾米 |
[41:51] | Hey, Luce, it’s Stephanie. | 卢斯 我是斯蒂芬妮 |
[41:53] | I fucking hate it. | 我真讨厌这样 |
[41:55] | Wilson said I was an example of a woman suffering in silence. | 威尔逊说我就是一个女性默默忍受痛苦的例子 |
[42:01] | So everyone is gossiping again. | 所以大家又开始八卦了 |
[42:04] | You were probably right for us to take a break. | 你让我们暂时分开也许是对的 |
[42:07] | I just wish we could talk like we used to. | 我只是想像以前那样跟你聊天 |
[42:11] | Bye. | 再见 |
[42:31] | You look different. | 你看上去不一样了 |
[42:34] | New weave. | 新接发 |
[42:35] | What kind? | 哪种的 |
[42:38] | Indian. | 印度的 |
[42:44] | – Thank you. – Here you go. | -谢谢 -给你 |
[42:50] | What do they have you taking now? | 他们现在让你吃什么药 |
[42:52] | Clozapine. | 氯氮平 |
[42:54] | Makes me sweat like the devil. | 让我汗流浃背 |
[42:57] | Harriet, | 哈丽特 |
[43:00] | what is this? | 这是什么 |
[43:01] | That’s Greek yogurt. | 希腊酸奶 |
[43:04] | Just taste it. | 尝尝 |
[43:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[43:09] | It’s good, no! | 还行啊 不好吃 |
[43:13] | You looked so… | 你看起来那么… |
[43:27] | Now this what I call breakfast. | 这早餐还差不多 |
[43:31] | Shut your mouth. Since when you ever turn down some bacon? | 闭嘴吧 你什么时候拒绝过培根 |
[43:54] | I know we ate this our whole lives but, | 我知道这东西我们吃了一辈子了 但是 |
[43:57] | this instant shit’s made of poison. | 这速食产品里面全是毒药 |
[43:59] | I don’t know how we made it through. | 我都不知道我们是怎么活下来的 |
[44:02] | Rose? | 罗斯 |
[44:13] | Ms. Wilson? | 威尔逊老师 |
[44:16] | – You know Harriet? – Ms. Wilson’s my teacher. | -你认识哈丽特 -威尔逊老师是我的老师 |
[44:21] | Ain’t the world tiny and great! | 这个世界真小啊 |
[44:24] | I just came here to pick up snacks for the fundraiser. | 我是来给募捐活动买零食的 |
[44:26] | This young man was just telling me | 这个年轻人刚刚在跟我说 |
[44:27] | about something called paleo. | 什么旧石器时代饮食 |
[44:29] | It’s a diet, how the cavemen ate. | 是一种模仿穴居人的饮食 |
[44:31] | Cavemen didn’t live long, Luce. | 穴居人的寿命可不长 卢斯 |
[44:33] | Well, I bet they went out with great abs. | 但我打赌他们死的时候都有八块腹肌 |
[44:38] | Ain’t he the cutest? | 他是不是很可爱 |
[44:40] | Ms. Wilson, | 威尔逊老师 |
[44:41] | Rosemary should come to our Culture Month Gala at school. | 罗斯玛丽应该来参加我们学校的文化月庆典 |
[44:44] | I’m giving a speech. | 我要发表演讲 |
[44:47] | – Is that right? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[44:48] | I don’t normally get to go places, | 我平时没什么机会出门 |
[44:50] | so that would be a treat for me. | 要是我能去就太好了 |
[44:51] | She should come. Right, Ms. Wilson? | 她应该来参加 对吧 威尔逊老师 |
[44:55] | We’ll talk about it. | 我们可以商量一下 |
[44:58] | Cool. | 好吧 |
[45:00] | It was nice meeting you, Rosemary. | 很高兴认识你 罗斯玛丽 |
[45:03] | And, um, I hope you can make it. | 希望到时候你能来 |
[45:05] | Me too! | 我也是 |
[45:08] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[45:15] | What kind of black name is Luce? | 卢斯算哪门子黑人名字 |
[45:21] | Hey, Pete. | 彼得 |
[45:22] | Pete, you want to give him a whirl? | 彼得 你想抱会儿他吗 |
[45:27] | Who is that? Who is that? | 那是谁 那是谁 |
[45:34] | Thank you. I’m really glad you guys could make it. | 谢谢 我真的很高兴你们俩能来 |
[45:53] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[46:03] | How many times do I have to tell you no? | 到底要我告诉你几遍 不行 |
[46:05] | You have to start talking to a little kid. | 你得跟小孩子讲话了 |
[46:07] | It’s a fucking car wash. What are you arguing about? | 这他妈就是洗车 你想争辩什么 |
[46:09] | What the hell’s he doing here? | 他来这干什么 |
[46:10] | Come on, man, look. No team events. | 听着 不许参加队里的活动 |
[46:12] | – It’s a… – This has been explained to you. | -这是 -这事已经跟你解释过了 |
[46:14] | Bro, I’m not arguing with you over no car wash. | 我不会为了洗车这种事跟你争辩的 |
[46:16] | – What’s your problem? – It’s a fundraiser for the team. | -你什么毛病 -这是队伍的募捐活动 |
[46:18] | Coach Reeves, it’s my fault. I invited Deshaun. | 教练里夫斯 我的错 我邀请的德肖恩 |
[46:21] | I didn’t realize it violated | 我没意识到这也违反了 |
[46:23] | the terms of his agreement with the school. | 他与学校达成的协议 |
[46:24] | Do you mind if we talk about an assignment real quick before he goes? | 你介意我俩在他走之前讨论一下作业吗 |
[46:29] | As long as it’s quick. | 尽快说完就行 |
[46:31] | – Cool. Thanks, Coach. – Come on, bro. | -好 谢谢教练 -走吧 哥们 |
[46:34] | – Sorry about that. – No, fuck his bitch ass, man. | -这事不好意思 -不 让他去死吧 |
[46:37] | That nigga always undermining with me, bro, from day one. | 那个老黑总是在打压我 从第一天起就这样 |
[46:40] | Well we’re getting killed on these distance events without you, bro. | 没了你我们的长跑项目都弱爆了 |
[46:44] | Corey can’t run for shit. | 科里跑得根本不行 |
[46:46] | unless there’s pussy waiting at the finish line. | 除非终点线那有小骚逼等着他 |
[46:51] | Don’t know. If it’s anything like his sister’s pussy, | 说不好 要是像她姐姐那样的小骚逼的话 |
[46:53] | that shit got stains on it. | 那玩意可不干净 |
[46:56] | So I’ve heard. | 我听说了 |
[46:58] | What’s going on with you and Mike Jeffs? | 你和迈克·杰夫斯怎么回事 |
[47:01] | I’ve been seeing you hanging around with him and his boys. | 我看见你和他还有他的小弟们在一块 |
[47:03] | I didn’t know you all were tight like that. | 我不知道你们关系都那么好了 |
[47:08] | I don’t know. It ain’t like future Nobel Laureates and shit. | 说不好 我又不是未来的诺贝尔奖得主 |
[47:12] | You don’t have to be a Nobel Laureate | 不是诺贝尔奖得主 |
[47:14] | to know that Mike Jeffs is bad news, bro. | 也知道迈克·杰夫斯不是什么好东西 |
[47:16] | Why you getting mixed up with those guys? | 你为什么跟他们扯上关系了 |
[47:18] | What the fuck? Chill out, all right? I’m good. | 搞什么 淡定好吗 我没事 |
[47:21] | Damn, my pants too low, too? | 靠 你还要管我裤子提的不够高吗 |
[47:23] | I gotta hike them up if I want to make something of myself? | 我要想有所成就就一定要把裤子提好吗 |
[47:25] | Na, my nigga, don’t come over here and try to patronize me. | 老黑 你不要对我指手画脚的 |
[47:28] | Come on, man. | 别这样 哥们 |
[47:29] | I don’t know if you’ve been busy distracted | 我不知道你是不是忙着应付威尔逊 |
[47:31] | with Wilson and the rest of these fake-ass motherfuckers | 还有这些个虚伪小人全天候捧你臭脚 |
[47:33] | sucking your dick 24/7 but my shit is done, bro. | 但是我跟你们没关系了 哥们 |
[47:37] | It’s finished. | 结束了 |
[47:39] | As a matter of fact, how many time we smoke together, Luce? | 事实上 有多少次我们是一起抽的 卢斯 |
[47:43] | Luce, how many times you come to my crib and blaze? | 卢斯 有多少次是你来我家抽大麻的 |
[47:47] | Wilson finds weed in my locker and now I’m off the team. | 威尔逊在我的储物柜里找到了大麻 我被踢出队 |
[47:51] | That’s my scholarship gone. | 我的奖学金没了 |
[47:55] | Why me and not you, my nigga? | 为什么是我 不是你 |
[47:59] | Answer the question. Why me and not you? | 回答我的问题 为什么是我而不是你 |
[48:01] | – I don’t know. – You don’t know. | -我不知道 -你不知道 |
[48:03] | You exactly know exactly what the fuck I’m talking about. | 你明明知道我在说什么 |
[48:04] | It’s because they want you to win. | 因为他们想让你赢 |
[48:06] | Otherwise, all their little up by your own bootstraps bullshit, | 否则的话 他们那些自强自立的屁话 |
[48:10] | it don’t apply. | 就不适用了 |
[48:13] | But then again, why am I trippin’? | 但话说回来 我瞎说什么呢 |
[48:16] | Gotta have at least one Obama, right? | 至少要有一个奥巴马 对吧 |
[48:19] | I didn’t ask for this, man. | 这不是我求来的 哥们 |
[48:21] | You didn’t ask for this. | 不是你求来的 |
[48:23] | So, what, you want to trade or something? | 那你想跟我交换吗 |
[48:31] | Yeah, I didn’t think so. | 我就知道你不想 |
[48:33] | Deshaun… | 德肖恩 |
[48:37] | I want to make this right. | 我想弥补这一切 |
[48:50] | Ro? | 罗 |
[48:53] | Ro? | 罗 |
[49:00] | Ro? | 罗 |
[49:03] | God. | 天啊 |
[49:35] | No, no… | 不 不 |
[49:37] | I was… | 我刚才 |
[49:39] | I was walking and I was trying to make it there and then… | 我刚才在走路 我想走到那边去 然后 |
[49:43] | the food, the food was… | 食物 食物就 |
[49:48] | – I’ll clean it. I’ll clean up. – You’re okay. | -我来收拾 我来收拾 -没事的 |
[49:50] | I’ll clean it up. | 我来收拾 |
[49:54] | Breathe. Breathe. | 深呼吸 深呼吸 |
[50:05] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[50:06] | No. Please, sit. | 没事 请坐吧 |
[50:10] | They screwed up the order. I asked for cappuccinos | 他们搞错了 我点的卡布奇诺 |
[50:13] | and they gave us Frappuccinos. | 然后给我们的是星冰乐 |
[50:14] | – I like these more. – You do? | -我更喜欢这个 -是吗 |
[50:17] | Can’t make it to the dinner without at least three of them. | 我至少要喝三杯 否则都撑不到吃晚饭 |
[50:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[50:22] | – Thank you. – No, thank you for, um, | -谢谢你 -不 应该谢谢你来 |
[50:26] | meeting me. This must be a little weird. | 见我 你肯定觉得有点奇怪 |
[50:28] | It is. | 的确 |
[50:30] | Okay. Um, yeah, well I guess I was hoping you could help me with | 好吧 有件和卢斯有关的事 |
[50:34] | something to do with Luce. | 我希望你能帮个忙 |
[50:36] | We don’t really talk a lot anymore. | 我们其实没什么来往了 |
[50:39] | – You don’t? – Not since we broke up. | -是吗 -自从分手之后 |
[50:42] | What? | 什么 |
[50:44] | You didn’t know we broke up? | 你不知道我们分手了吗 |
[50:46] | I didn’t know you dated. | 我不知道你们交往过 |
[50:52] | For how long? | 交往了多久 |
[50:56] | Mrs. Edgar, | 埃德加夫人 |
[50:57] | I don’t feel comfortable telling you about me and Luce. | 跟你说我和卢斯的事 我有点不自在 |
[51:00] | Yeah, of course. | 当然 |
[51:01] | Because I don’t know why you want to know. | 因为我不清楚你为什么想知道 |
[51:04] | – Okay. Let me explain myself. – Yeah. | -好的 我来解释一下 -好 |
[51:07] | – This is about Harriet Wilson. – What? | -这和哈丽特·威尔逊有关 -什么 |
[51:10] | I need to know what she did to you. | 我需要知道她对你做了什么 |
[51:13] | Because Luce told us | 因为卢斯告诉我们 |
[51:14] | that when she found out what happened at the party… | 她发现派对上出了什么事情之后 |
[51:17] | Luce swore he wouldn’t tell what happened at the party. | 卢斯发誓他不会告诉任何人派对上出了什么事 |
[51:20] | I thought he didn’t know what happened. | 我还以为他不知道出了什么事呢 |
[51:24] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[51:25] | No, wait. Stephanie, please. | 不 等等 斯蒂芬妮 求你了 |
[51:27] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[51:29] | I just want to know the truth, Okay? | 我只想知道真相 好吗 |
[51:32] | Now, if Ms. Wilson made you feel like whatever happened | 如果威尔逊老师让你觉得发生的那些事情 |
[51:35] | should be some kind of a political statement, | 应该变成什么政治宣言 |
[51:39] | then that’s wrong of her. | 那她就错了 |
[51:41] | As women what we need to do is support each other. | 作为女人 我们需要做的就是互相支持 |
[51:44] | Do you understand? | 你懂吗 |
[51:47] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[51:48] | I want to support you. | 我想要支持你 |
[51:50] | You deserve to be supported. | 你理应得到支持 |
[51:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[52:02] | But for me to do that I need to know what happened. | 但是在我支持你之前 我需要知道出了什么事 |
[52:06] | It’s easy to say that. | 说得轻松 |
[52:08] | But once you know something, you can’t un-know it. | 但是一旦你知道了 就不能当作不知道了 |
[52:11] | I want to know, no matter what. | 我想知道 不管是什么 |
[52:16] | Please. | 拜托 |
[52:37] | Harriet, please… | 哈丽特 求你了 |
[52:41] | I’m sorry. I just can’t think of any other way to resolve this. | 对不起 我想不出别的解决办法了 |
[52:44] | You suffer from a condition, Ro. | 你患有精神疾病 罗 |
[52:47] | And it’s clear my home is no longer an ideal environment. | 很明显我家已经不是个理想的环境了 |
[52:49] | You sound like one of them doctors | 你听起来就像那些医生 |
[52:51] | she about to dump me with again. | 她又要丢下我了 |
[52:52] | – I’m not dumping you. – Oh really? | -我不是要丢下你 -是吗 |
[52:55] | That’s what it feels like, Harriet! | 感觉你就是要丢下我 哈丽特 |
[53:00] | Come on, now. | 别这样 |
[53:01] | Don’t make a scene. Don’t make a scene. | 别闹了 别闹了 |
[53:03] | Harriet! | 哈丽特 |
[53:06] | – Ro… – It’s fine. It’s fine. | -罗 -没事 没事 |
[53:07] | It’s fine, it’s fine… | 没事 没事 |
[53:09] | It’s fine! | 没事 |
[53:20] | Harriet! | 哈丽特 |
[53:28] | Orlicki had a party. | 欧力基办了个派对 |
[53:32] | I was drunk. | 我喝多了 |
[53:34] | I had gone with two friends. All three of us were drunk. | 我和两个朋友一起去的 我们三个都喝多了 |
[53:37] | Please don’t tell anyone this, it’s embarrassing. | 千万别告诉别人 太难堪了 |
[53:39] | No, no, this is between us. I promise. | 不 就我们两个知道 我保证 |
[53:43] | People kept having shots of stuff that tasted like syrup, | 大家一直在喝一种像糖浆一样的东西 |
[53:49] | and I just kept drinking it because it was easy. | 我一直在喝 因为很轻松 |
[53:53] | but I got dizzy. | 但是我感到头晕 |
[53:56] | I lost my friends. | 跟朋友走丢了 |
[54:00] | Orlicki found me and told me to go lie down in the basement. | 欧力基找到我 让我去地下室里躺一会 |
[54:05] | It was dark. | 那里很黑 |
[54:07] | I couldn’t see. | 我看不见 |
[54:10] | I felt my way over to the couch | 我摸索着走到沙发那里 |
[54:11] | but there were people there. | 但是那里有人 |
[54:15] | Next thing, I knew someone said we should play the Santa Claus game. | 接下来 有人说我们应该玩圣诞老人游戏 |
[54:18] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[54:20] | It’s this stupid game that guys play | 就是他们玩的傻帽游戏 |
[54:24] | where a girl gets passed around from lap to lap | 把女孩从一个人的大腿上传到另一个人的大腿上 |
[54:27] | and depending on how far she lets them go | 根据女孩允许他们上下其手的程度 |
[54:29] | or how much they like you sitting on them, | 或者他们有多喜欢你坐在他们腿上 |
[54:31] | they rate you from one to three. | 他们给你打分 一声到三声 |
[54:33] | Ho ho hos. | 嚯嚯嚯 |
[54:35] | My God, that can’t be real. | 我的天 这不是真的吧 |
[54:37] | There are worse games. | 还有比这还恶劣的游戏 |
[54:40] | Anyway, | 总之 |
[54:43] | they started passing me around. | 他们开始把我传来传去 |
[54:46] | I kept thinking, “God, | 我一直在想 天呐 |
[54:49] | what if I throw up right now? | 万一我现在吐了怎么办 |
[54:51] | How embarrassing would that be?” | 那得多难堪啊 |
[54:56] | When they started, they were laughing. | 开始的时候 他们在笑 |
[54:59] | But the longer it went on… | 但是时间越久 |
[55:03] | And it felt like it went on forever. | 我越觉得这游戏永远都不会结束了 |
[55:09] | All I could hear was breathing. | 我只能听到呼吸声 |
[55:15] | Breathing, | 呼吸 |
[55:17] | and counting. | 计数 |
[55:19] | One, two, | 一 二 |
[55:23] | two, | 二 |
[55:25] | three… | 三 |
[55:27] | One, two… | 一 二 |
[55:31] | At some point | 在某一时刻 |
[55:32] | I definitely said | 我绝对说了 |
[55:33] | I wanted them to stop. | 想让他们停下来 |
[55:34] | But maybe it sounded like I was joking | 但也许听起来像是开玩笑 |
[55:37] | or maybe it was just something I said to myself in my head… | 或者我只是在脑子里对自己说的 |
[55:42] | There were hands everywhere. | 到处都是手 |
[55:48] | It was like they were swallowing me. | 感觉像是 他们要把我吞噬掉 |
[55:54] | And sometimes in their laps | 有时候在他们的大腿上 |
[55:58] | I could feel… | 我可以感觉到… |
[56:07] | Gross. | 真恶心 |
[56:13] | When I woke up, Luce was there. | 我再醒过来的时候 卢斯在我身旁 |
[56:17] | He said he found them and told them to stop. | 他说他看到并叫停了他们 |
[56:20] | And he stayed with me the rest of the night. | 然后就一直跟我待在一起 |
[56:25] | Is it possible that…? | 有没有可能… |
[56:28] | Was Luce one of the guys? | 卢斯也参与其中了 |
[56:29] | He wouldn’t do that. | 他不会那么做的 |
[56:32] | – But he… – He just wouldn’t. | -但他… -他就是不会 |
[56:39] | What happened with Ms. Wilson? | 威尔逊老师是怎么回事 |
[56:42] | There were a lot of rumors. | 当时有很多谣言 |
[56:46] | It was at the same time | 与此同时 |
[56:48] | Deshaun Meeks got kicked off the team | 德肖恩·米克斯被踢出了校队 |
[56:50] | because Wilson found weed in his locker. | 因为威尔逊老师在他的储物柜里发现了大麻 |
[56:53] | She searched Deshaun’s locker? | 她搜了德肖恩的储物柜吗 |
[56:56] | And called the cops. | 然后还叫了警察 |
[56:59] | I didn’t want that. What would I say? | 我不想报警 我能说什么 |
[57:01] | I couldn’t remember anything | 我什么都想不起来了 |
[57:03] | and I definitely didn’t tell everyone I was drunk. | 而且我肯定没跟大家说我喝醉了啊 |
[57:06] | What did Luce say? | 卢斯怎么说的 |
[57:09] | He said I was right not to tell. | 他说我不出声是对的 |
[57:13] | Because he was protecting his friends? | 因为他要保护自己的朋友们吗 |
[57:15] | Because he was protecting me. | 因为他要保护我 |
[57:17] | He didn’t want me to do anything I didn’t want to do. | 他不想逼我做任何我不情愿做的事 |
[57:25] | Why did you two break up? | 你俩为什么分手 |
[57:28] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[57:31] | I miss him. | 我很想他 |
[57:34] | He’s the best boyfriend I ever had. | 他是我有史以来最好的男友 |
[57:44] | Stephanie… | 斯蒂芬妮… |
[57:46] | I’m really sorry for what happened. | 对发生的事我真的很抱歉 |
[57:49] | Don’t be. | 不用抱歉 |
[57:52] | Everything is fine now. | 现在都没事了 |
[58:38] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[58:40] | Emergency patient. | 急诊病人 |
[58:43] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[58:54] | – Karen seems good. – Yeah, she is. | -凯伦看起来挺好的 -是挺好的 |
[58:58] | They’re happy. | 他们很幸福 |
[59:00] | The baby fidgets. | 那孩子动个不停 |
[59:02] | I think that’s just a baby thing. | 小孩子就是这样的 |
[59:10] | Are you drunk? | 你喝醉了吗 |
[59:15] | So you don’t think it’s that baby in particular. | 所以不是只有那个孩子会那样 |
[59:19] | How would I know? | 我怎么会知道 |
[59:21] | I mean, I don’t know, so… | 我们又没生过小孩 所以… |
[59:24] | how would I know? | 我怎么会知道 |
[59:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[59:28] | Right? | 是吧 |
[59:29] | Yeah, I guess you wouldn’t. | 是啊 你说得没错 |
[59:32] | No. | 是啊 |
[59:34] | You know, it’s not Luce’s fault | 你没机会给自己的小孩换尿布 |
[59:37] | you were denied diaper changing privileges. | 并不是卢斯的错 |
[59:39] | No. | 没错 |
[59:44] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[59:46] | Look, we made a choice. | 我们做出了选择 |
[59:47] | I’m okay with that as long as you recognize it cost us. | 只要你承认我们付出了代价 我就没意见 |
[59:51] | Which means? | 意思是 |
[59:54] | I did want something different once. | 曾经我确实想要不一样的生活 |
[59:56] | Ten years and you’re trapped. | 十年过去了 你却深陷其中 |
[59:58] | Your words. | 这是你说的 |
[1:00:00] | Well, you said it. You wanted something different. | 你自己说的 你想要不一样的生活 |
[1:00:02] | – I did, yeah. – Like what? | -是的 -比如呢 |
[1:00:05] | Look, I’m proud of our son. | 我为我们的儿子感到骄傲 |
[1:00:10] | Okay, I love him. I love him | 我爱他 我对他的爱 |
[1:00:14] | more than I’ll ever understand, okay? | 远远超出我自己的理解 好吗 |
[1:00:17] | But we spent years with him in therapy | 但我们花费了数年时间带他治疗 |
[1:00:20] | and rehabilitation. | 还有康复 |
[1:00:22] | Our friends couldn’t understand | 我们的朋友们无法理解 |
[1:00:23] | why we didn’t just have a kid of our own. | 为什么我们不能自己生个孩子 |
[1:00:26] | And so while they fell away doing | 所以当他们忙着做那些 |
[1:00:28] | what normal fucking people do, | 正常人做的事 |
[1:00:31] | we worked our asses off to give him a life, | 我们拼尽全力给他创造一个天地 |
[1:00:33] | at the expense of our own. | 而代价就是我们自己的生活 |
[1:00:35] | So to pretend that that didn’t cost us anything is bullshit. | 所以假装我们毫无牺牲鬼都不信 |
[1:00:39] | I wasn’t pretending. | 我没假装 |
[1:00:40] | You are! Amy. | 你就是在假装 艾米 |
[1:00:44] | You are. | 你就是 |
[1:00:46] | You want so desperately for him | 你如此渴望他成长为 |
[1:00:49] | to be what you want him to be, | 你心目中的样子 |
[1:00:50] | you’re ignoring what’s right in front of you. | 你故意忽视眼前发生的事 |
[1:00:52] | What he is, is our son. | 无论他是什么样的人 都是我们的儿子 |
[1:00:56] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:00:57] | And nothing’s going to change that. | 这是无法改变的事实 |
[1:01:00] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:01:03] | So… | 所以… |
[1:01:06] | fuck this. | 去它的 |
[1:01:07] | Fuck you. | 去你的 |
[1:01:23] | I came here, | 我来到这里 |
[1:01:25] | to America, | 来到美国 |
[1:01:27] | to this school, | 来到这所学校 |
[1:01:31] | and I found myself. | 然后找到了自我 |
[1:01:36] | When I first met my mother, she couldn’t pronounce my name. | 第一次见到我母亲的时候 她不会念我的名字 |
[1:01:40] | She tried over and over to get the emphasis | 她一遍又一遍的尝试 |
[1:01:44] | on the syllables correct, but… | 想找准音节的重音 但是 |
[1:01:47] | she just couldn’t. | 她就是不会念 |
[1:01:51] | So my father suggested that they rename me. | 所以我父亲提议给我改名 |
[1:02:02] | They picked Luce, | 他们选了卢斯这个名字 |
[1:02:05] | and, uh… | 然后… |
[1:02:12] | I thought about that when I was figuring out | 我在考虑今晚演讲的内容时 |
[1:02:14] | what to say to you all tonight. | 想到了这件事 |
[1:02:18] | And I realized how lucky I am to be an American. | 我意识到身为美国人我是多么幸运 |
[1:02:25] | Because here I got the chance to start over. | 因为在这里我有重新开始的机会 |
[1:02:29] | To redefine myself. | 我可以重新定义自己 |
[1:02:33] | Here we can be who we choose. Here… | 在这里我们可以选择自己的人生 在这里… |
[1:03:29] | Remember that fish we got him for his birthday? | 还记得那年生日我们送给他的那条鱼吗 |
[1:03:37] | – Dennis. – Yeah, that’s right. | -丹尼斯 -是的 |
[1:03:40] | Yeah. Poor Dennis. | 可怜的丹尼斯 |
[1:03:44] | Yeah. The way he just pulled him out | 他把鱼捞出来 |
[1:03:48] | and threw him across the room like that. | 扔到房间另一头 |
[1:03:50] | Like a piece of deli meat. | 就像扔一片肉一样 |
[1:03:55] | “I just wanted to see him fly, mom.” | “我只是想看它飞起来的样子 妈妈” |
[1:04:03] | We didn’t screw up, did we? | 我们没有搞砸 对吧 |
[1:04:08] | No. | 没有 |
[1:04:12] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都没问题 |
[1:04:25] | 阅后即焚 斯蒂芬妮·金发来消息 | |
[1:04:26] | 斯蒂芬妮 你妈人很好 我感觉好多了 | |
[1:04:36] | 我 那就好 对了 德答应了 | |
[1:04:44] | 斯蒂芬妮 我们得谈谈 | |
[1:04:59] | So, what does it mean to speak in code? | 用暗号说话是什么意思呢 |
[1:05:03] | Well, it tells you about a particular group. | 这能让你分辨出特定的群体 |
[1:05:06] | The necessity to have a shared vocabulary. | 有共同词汇的必要性 |
[1:05:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[1:05:12] | To have common struggles in a society. | 在社会中有共同斗争的必要性 |
[1:05:17] | You see, language is a bond. | 语言是一条纽带 |
[1:05:19] | It’s how we tell each other apart, but more importantly, | 它将我们每个人区分开来 但更重要的是 |
[1:05:21] | it’s how we stick together. | 它将我们团结在一起 |
[1:05:23] | Excuse me, Ms. Wilson, | 不好意思 威尔逊老师 |
[1:05:24] | I need you to come with me please. | 我需要你跟我来一趟 |
[1:05:26] | Right now. | 快 |
[1:05:39] | Where’s my sister? | 我姐姐在哪 |
[1:05:41] | She works here. She is here. | 她在这工作 她就在这 |
[1:05:43] | – Rosemary! – Where’s my sister? | -罗斯玛丽 -我姐姐呢 |
[1:05:44] | Rosemary! I’m right here. I’m right here. | 罗斯玛丽 我就在这 就在这 |
[1:05:49] | Now come on, let’s go home. | 走吧 我们回家吧 |
[1:05:50] | – You don’t want me at home. – That’s not true. | -你家不欢迎我 -不是的 |
[1:05:53] | You won’t… You’re ashamed of me. | 你不…你以我为耻 |
[1:05:56] | I am not. | 不是的 |
[1:05:57] | You… You hate me. | 你恨我 |
[1:06:01] | – Don’t talk nonsense, Ro. – You hate me. | -别胡说了 罗 -你恨我 |
[1:06:03] | – You hate me. – Look at me. | -你恨我 -看着我 |
[1:06:06] | Put those phones away. | 手机都放下 |
[1:06:08] | You’re embarrassed. You’re embarrassed! | 你觉得丢脸了 你觉得丢脸了 |
[1:06:11] | – You’re embarrassed! – Stop this! | -你觉得丢脸了 -停下 |
[1:06:12] | Stop it right now, Rose! | 立刻停下 罗斯 |
[1:06:14] | She’s embarrassed! She’s embarrassed of me! | 她觉得丢脸了 觉得我丢她脸了 |
[1:06:18] | You’re embarrassed of me! | 你觉得我丢你脸了 |
[1:06:19] | I am your black nigger bitch sister! | 我是你的黑人老妹 |
[1:06:23] | This your blood. Not these white folk. | 我是你的血亲 不是这些白人 |
[1:06:26] | I am your blood. You can’t get rid of blood. | 我是你的血亲 你是甩不掉的 |
[1:06:30] | You can’t run from blood! I am your sister! You… | 你无法甩掉血脉 我是你妹妹 你… |
[1:06:37] | – She’s-she’s sick, officers. – Don’t run! | -她是病人 警官 -别跑 |
[1:06:40] | Relax! Calm down! | 冷静下来 |
[1:06:42] | Relax. | 冷静 |
[1:06:43] | Get off of me! Get off of me! | 放开我 放开我 |
[1:06:44] | – Calm down. – Get off of me! | -冷静 -放开我 |
[1:06:46] | Relax or you’ll be tased. | 冷静下来 否则我电击你了 |
[1:06:47] | – Calm down. – Get off of me! | -冷静 -放开我 |
[1:06:49] | I’m going to tase you! | 我要电击你了 |
[1:06:50] | – Calm down! Please! – Relax! | -请冷静 -放开我 |
[1:06:53] | Please. | 求你了 |
[1:06:57] | No! | 不 |
[1:06:59] | Harriet, Harriet…Harriet! | 哈丽特 哈丽特 哈丽特 |
[1:07:03] | Calm down! | 冷静 |
[1:07:04] | Can you cover her up? | 能给她披件衣服吗 |
[1:07:07] | Can you please just cover her up? | 你们能给她披件衣服吗 |
[1:07:09] | Put the phones down. Get back to class now. | 放下手机 立刻回教室 |
[1:07:12] | Give me your phone. Come on! | 手机给我 快点 |
[1:07:14] | I want every single phone in this hallway | 这里每个人的手机 |
[1:07:16] | in my office right now. | 都交到我办公室 |
[1:07:18] | Every cell phone! | 所有手机 |
[1:07:34] | My God! I’ve never seen anything like it in my entire life. | 天啊 我这辈子都没见过这样的事 |
[1:07:40] | It was insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[1:07:42] | Who knew that Ms. Wilson’s family was so fucked up? | 谁能想到威尔逊老师的家人是疯子 |
[1:07:49] | I am your black, nigger… | 我是你的黑人老妹 |
[1:07:51] | – This was today? – Yeah, it’s crazy, huh? | -这是今天发生的吗 -是的 很疯狂吧 |
[1:07:56] | Oh my God! | 天啊 |
[1:07:59] | – Oh, come on. – Oh, fuck. | -不是吧 -操 |
[1:08:03] | Where’s Harriet? | 哈丽特在哪 |
[1:08:05] | I think she spent most of the day | 我觉得她和她妹妹 |
[1:08:06] | at the police station with her sister. | 今天大半天都在警局里 |
[1:08:08] | Just goes to show you. | 不过证明了 |
[1:08:11] | What? | 证明了什么 |
[1:08:12] | Nothing, it’s just… | 没什么 就是… |
[1:08:14] | You never really know what’s going on with people. | 你永远不知道人们在经历什么 |
[1:08:17] | Like, in life. Outside of what you know. | 生活中不为人知的那一面 |
[1:08:21] | I shouldn’t have said she was a bitch. | 我不应该说她是个婊子的 |
[1:08:26] | Well, I think I owe you an apology, Luce. | 卢斯 我觉得我欠你一个道歉 |
[1:08:31] | – For what? – Really. | -为什么 -真的 |
[1:08:32] | You’ve never given me any reason to doubt your integrity. | 你从来没有给我任何理由怀疑你的诚实 |
[1:08:35] | You should know we got your back. | 你应该知道 我们支持你 |
[1:08:37] | – No matter what? – No matter what. Asshole. | -无论发生什么吗 -无论发生什么 小混蛋 |
[1:08:47] | Put your phones down, get back to class now. | 放下手机 立刻回教室 |
[1:10:13] | Who is it? | 谁啊 |
[1:10:20] | I need to talk to you about Luce. | 我得跟你谈谈卢斯 |
[1:10:32] | Harriet, if you Googled “model student” | 哈丽特 如果你上网搜索”模范学生” |
[1:10:35] | Luce Edgar’s picture would come up on the computer | 卢斯·埃德加的照片就会跳出来 |
[1:10:37] | and now you’re telling me that this kid, graffiti-ed your home? | 而你要跟我说这孩子在你房子外涂鸦了 |
[1:10:40] | It’s not just the graffiti, Dan. | 不仅仅是涂鸦 丹 |
[1:10:41] | No, he also wrote an upsetting paper. | 嗯 他还写了一篇令人不安的论文 |
[1:10:43] | – In which he argued violence… – A paper | -论文中他主张暴力… -这篇论文 |
[1:10:44] | that you no longer have a copy of. | 你手上已经没有存档了 |
[1:10:46] | I gave it to his mother. | 我交给她妈妈了 |
[1:10:47] | An upsetting paper where it sounds | 这篇令人不安的论文 |
[1:10:48] | like he did exactly what the assignment asked him to do. | 只不过是他按照作业要求完成的 |
[1:10:51] | I know the difference between miscommunication and provocation. | 我明白误解和挑衅之间的区别 |
[1:10:54] | I can tell the difference between them. | 我能分得清楚 |
[1:10:56] | Isn’t there a chance, just maybe, | 有没有这种可能 |
[1:10:58] | that what he wrote just went over your head? | 他写的东西超出了你的理解范围 |
[1:11:03] | I don’t mean that as a dig. | 我不是在挖苦你 |
[1:11:06] | Come on, I think you’re brilliant. | 拜托 我认为你很有才华 |
[1:11:07] | I think you’re articulate, you’re a great teacher, | 你善于表达 你是个出色的老师 |
[1:11:10] | but you know, we all misread signals from time to time. | 但你也知道 我们都会时不时地看走眼 |
[1:11:15] | There’s an allegation of sexual assault. | 有一项性侵犯的指控 |
[1:11:19] | A student came to me and said | 一名学生来找我说 |
[1:11:21] | Luce sexually assaulted her at a party. | 卢斯在派对上对她进行了性侵犯 |
[1:11:31] | – Which student? – Dan… | -哪个学生 -丹 |
[1:11:32] | You’re talking about a crime now. | 你说的可是犯罪 |
[1:11:35] | I’m not gonna ruin a kid’s life because you come here | 我不会因为你这些毫无根据的指控和直觉 |
[1:11:37] | with some unsubstantiated accusations and hunches. | 就毁了一个孩子的人生 |
[1:11:41] | Then let me prove it. | 那就让我证明给你看 |
[1:11:47] | Hey, what’s up? | 怎么了 |
[1:11:52] | I didn’t buy it before but maybe you’re right, | 之前我还不相信 但也许你是对的 |
[1:11:53] | maybe she has some kind of weird vendetta thing for Luce. | 也许她真的对卢斯抱有奇怪的恨意 |
[1:11:57] | Okay, hold on. | 等一下 |
[1:11:58] | She doesn’t get what she wants out of you | 你没能让她如愿 |
[1:11:59] | so then she comes to me. | 于是她就来找我了 |
[1:12:00] | Then when that doesn’t work she goes to Dan. | 还是不成功 他就去找丹了 |
[1:12:03] | She’s having a personal crisis, she’s taking it out on our son. | 她自己的生活出现危机 却拿我们的儿子出气 |
[1:12:06] | Just let me handle it. Just let me. | 让我来处理 让我来 |
[1:12:09] | – Okay. – Okay. Bye. | -好吧 -好 再见 |
[1:12:41] | What are you doing home? | 你回家做什么 |
[1:12:44] | I, uh, | 我只是 |
[1:12:46] | just needed to pick up a few things before practice. | 去训练前回来拿几样东西 |
[1:12:51] | – You see Dan’s email? – Yeah. | -你看了丹发来的电邮吗 -看了 |
[1:12:54] | I’m not sure what it’s about. | 不知道到底是什么事 |
[1:12:56] | I guess we’ll just wait and see. | 看来只能等着瞧了 |
[1:12:58] | Guess so. | 是啊 |
[1:13:00] | I’m, um, I’m taking your advice you know. | 我接受了你的建议 |
[1:13:03] | About what? | 什么建议 |
[1:13:05] | The speech. | 演讲 |
[1:13:07] | I’m making it more personal. I think you’ll be proud. | 我准备谈谈自己 你应该会很骄傲的 |
[1:13:12] | I’m sure I will be. | 一定会的 |
[1:13:15] | So, um, | 那个 |
[1:13:17] | I’ll see you at the meeting. | 谈话的时候见 |
[1:13:18] | – Six o’clock sharp. – Great. | -六点整 -对 |
[1:13:26] | Why didn’t you tell me you talked to Stephanie? | 你为什么不告诉我你跟斯蒂芬妮谈过了 |
[1:13:30] | You didn’t think she would tell me? | 你觉得她不会告诉我吗 |
[1:13:34] | I don’t think either of us have been great | 我觉得我们两个都没有 |
[1:13:36] | at keeping each other in the loop, Luce. | 把所有事情告诉对方 卢斯 |
[1:13:38] | What are you trying to prove? | 你想证明什么 |
[1:13:40] | What are you trying to hide? | 你想隐瞒什么 |
[1:13:41] | I’m not trying to hide anything. | 我没有隐瞒任何事 |
[1:13:43] | That’s not the impression I got from Stephanie. | 我从斯蒂芬妮那里听到的不是这样的 |
[1:13:45] | – What did she say? – You tell me. | -她说什么了吗 -你说呢 |
[1:13:47] | You’re the one that talked to her. | 找她谈的人是你 |
[1:13:48] | – Stop it. – Stop what? | -停下 -停什么 |
[1:13:50] | – This game. – What game? | -这个游戏 -什么游戏 |
[1:13:51] | – What did you do to that girl? – What, you think I…? | -你对那个女孩做了什么 -怎么 你认为我 |
[1:13:54] | Never mind what I think. What did you do to her? | 别管我怎么想 你对她做了什么 |
[1:13:56] | – I did the right thing. – By lying? | -我做了正确的是 -通过撒谎吗 |
[1:13:58] | – She threatened to kill herself. – By protecting… | -她威胁说要自杀 -通过保护 |
[1:13:59] | Ms. Wilson kept pushing for her… | 威尔逊老师一直在逼她 |
[1:14:00] | By protecting the people who hurt her? | 通过保护伤害她的人吗 |
[1:14:02] | I just wanted her to get better. | 我只是想让她好起来 |
[1:14:04] | Then why didn’t you ask for help? | 那你为什么不求助 |
[1:14:05] | – She was getting better. – I think you’re lying. | -她在好转 -我认为你在撒谎 |
[1:14:07] | – I’m not lying. – Tell me the truth. | -我没撒谎 -跟我说实话 |
[1:14:08] | – I’m telling you the truth. – Stop lying to me. | -我说的就是实话 -别再骗我了 |
[1:14:10] | – I’m not lying. I’m not lying! – Tell me the fucking truth! | -我没撒谎 我没撒谎 -给我说实话 |
[1:14:22] | Why did you write that paper? | 你为什么要写那篇论文 |
[1:14:26] | What if I told you it’s what I believed? | 如果我告诉你那是我相信的理念呢 |
[1:14:29] | You believe in | 你相信 |
[1:14:30] | hurting people to make a point? | 通过伤人来表明观点 |
[1:14:33] | You wouldn’t know. You never read it, right? | 你不知道 你根本没读 对吧 |
[1:14:41] | Luce, I… | 卢斯 我… |
[1:14:49] | I feel like… | 我觉得 |
[1:14:53] | you’re all waiting for me to confirm this thing… | 你们都在等着我证实一件事 |
[1:14:57] | that no one wants to say aloud. | 一件没人愿意大声说出来的事 |
[1:15:00] | And I’m trying so hard | 我拼命努力 |
[1:15:03] | not to be that. | 不想证实那件事 |
[1:15:07] | But after a while you can’t help but think that maybe | 但过了一段时间 你就会情不自禁地想 |
[1:15:09] | – you’re fighting a losing battle. – What do you mean? | -也许一切都是徒劳 -你在说什么 |
[1:15:11] | I mean | 我在说 |
[1:15:13] | it’s like I only get to be a saint or a monster. | 我只能成为圣人或者恶魔 |
[1:15:15] | That’s not true. We always accepted you | 不是这样的 不管你是谁 |
[1:15:18] | for whoever you are. | 我们一直都接纳你 |
[1:15:19] | I don’t believe you, Amy. | 我不相信你 艾米 |
[1:15:22] | And I feel like I’m suffocating. Like I can’t breathe. | 而且我觉得我要窒息了 我喘不上气 |
[1:15:26] | That’s why I’m here, to help you and to protect you. | 所以有我在啊 我来帮助你保护你 |
[1:15:29] | What if you’re part of what I need protecting from? | 如果你正是我需要保护的原因之一呢 |
[1:15:45] | I’m gonna be late, um… | 我要迟到了 |
[1:15:48] | I’ll see you at the meeting. | 谈话的时候见 |
[1:16:18] | I promise it’ll be as painless as possible. | 我保证会尽量减少痛苦 |
[1:16:21] | We’ll be just down the hall. | 我们就在走廊那头 |
[1:16:23] | When the time comes, I’ll escort you in and | 等时候到了 我会护送你进去 |
[1:16:26] | you just tell them what you told me. | 你只要把你告诉我的告诉他们就行了 |
[1:16:28] | And then that’s it, you’re done. | 然后你就没事了 |
[1:16:29] | Luce will be there? | 卢斯会在场吗 |
[1:16:31] | I can have him step out when it’s time for you to speak. | 你说话的时候 我可以让他回避 |
[1:16:34] | What about his mom? | 那他妈妈呢 |
[1:16:36] | She’ll be there. | 她会在场 |
[1:16:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:16:41] | You’re brave. | 你很勇敢 |
[1:16:43] | It’s because you show courage today, that | 因为你今天展现了勇气 |
[1:16:45] | someone else doesn’t suffer like you did tomorrow. | 明天就不会有别人和你有一样的遭遇了 |
[1:16:49] | You understand? | 你明白吗 |
[1:16:54] | Good. | 那就好 |
[1:16:56] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:17:00] | Five, six, seven, eight. | 五 六 七 八 |
[1:17:02] | Parade rest. | 稍息 |
[1:17:06] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:07] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:12] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:14] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:18] | ♪ It’s your time! ♪ | ♪ 你的机会来了 ♪ |
[1:17:21] | ♪ It’s your time! ♪ | ♪ 你的机会来了 ♪ |
[1:17:23] | ♪ One! Two! ♪ | ♪ 一 二 ♪ |
[1:17:26] | ♪ Yes, we can! ♪ | ♪ 我们能行 ♪ |
[1:17:29] | ♪ Yes, we can! ♪ | ♪ 我们能行 ♪ |
[1:17:36] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:38] | ♪ What? ♪ | ♪ 什么 ♪ |
[1:17:41] | A-ten hut! | 立正 |
[1:17:42] | Two, three, four… boom! | 二 三 四 定 |
[1:17:45] | Hey, guys. Come on in. | 你们好 进来吧 |
[1:17:47] | How you doing, Amy? | 你好吗 艾米 |
[1:17:48] | How you doing, Peter? Good to see you. | 你好吗 彼得 很高兴见到你 |
[1:17:50] | – Hey, Dan. – Dan. | -丹 -丹 |
[1:17:52] | – You all right? – Been better. | -你们怎么样 -不太好 |
[1:17:54] | – How’s the clinic? – Busy. Always busy. | -诊所怎么样 -很忙 总是很忙 |
[1:17:56] | – Busy is good. – Yeah. | -忙是好事 -是啊 |
[1:17:58] | Busy is always good. | 忙总是好的 |
[1:18:01] | Here she is. | 她来了 |
[1:18:04] | Harriet Wilson. | 哈丽特·威尔逊 |
[1:18:06] | You know Peter and Amy Edgar. | 你认识彼得和艾米·埃德加 |
[1:18:08] | – Good to see you, Amy. Peter. – Good to see you, too. | -彼得 艾米 很高兴见到你们 -我们也是 |
[1:18:09] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[1:18:12] | So we’re just, uh, missing the man of the hour here. | 现在只剩 风云人物没来了 |
[1:18:17] | He should be along here. | 他应该快到了 |
[1:18:20] | Sorry, sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[1:18:21] | – I lost track of time. – Lost track at the track. | -我忘记时间了 -训练到忘记时间 |
[1:18:24] | Sounds like the Luce I know. | 果然是我了解的卢斯 |
[1:18:26] | – How are you? – I’m great. Thanks, Principal Towson. | -你好吗 -我很好 谢谢 陶森校长 |
[1:18:28] | – How are you? – Principal Towson. | -你好吗 -陶森校长 |
[1:18:30] | Notice he’s all formal now that he’s a senior. | 快毕业了就变得这么正经 |
[1:18:32] | Getting ready for college, right? | 准备去上大学了 对吧 |
[1:18:34] | – That’s right. – Smart man. Smart man. | -没错 -聪明人 聪明人 |
[1:18:37] | Have a seat, guys. Come on, sit down. | 请坐 各位 我们坐吧 |
[1:18:42] | – So… – I’d like to… | -那么 -我想 |
[1:18:43] | Jinx! | 不吉利 |
[1:18:45] | Go ahead. You first. | 你先请 |
[1:18:46] | Well, I guess first things first. | 那我先说最重要的 |
[1:18:50] | There have been a series of miscommunications | 我们之间有一系列的误解 |
[1:18:53] | and I think rather than try to hash all that out, | 我认为与其试图解决这些问题 |
[1:18:56] | it’s probably more productive to just acknowledge | 不如承认我和卢斯之间 |
[1:19:01] | some tension has developed between Luce and me. | 已经出现了一些摩擦 |
[1:19:04] | It happens. | 这种事时有发生 |
[1:19:05] | Signals get crossed and | 双方的意思被误解 |
[1:19:06] | we have to find a way to untangle the knots, | 我们必须想办法解开误会 |
[1:19:09] | even if we’re not sure how those knots got there in first place. | 即使我们不清楚最开始误会是如何出现的 |
[1:19:12] | Definitely. And… | 说得没错 还有 |
[1:19:14] | I just want to apologize | 我只是想为让你 |
[1:19:15] | for making you feel disrespected. | 感到不被尊重而道歉 |
[1:19:18] | I’ve taken on a lot this semester, | 这学期我肩上的担子很重 |
[1:19:19] | and not that that’s an excuse, it’s not but… | 我知道这不是借口 真的不是 |
[1:19:22] | I haven’t been my best self lately and I’m sorry for that. | 但我最近的表现不佳 为此我道歉 |
[1:19:28] | – Thank you, Luce. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 卢斯 -不客气 |
[1:19:31] | This is going really well, I think, so far. | 目前为止 我觉得进展非常顺利 |
[1:19:33] | Let’s talk about the threat. | 我们来谈谈威胁吧 |
[1:19:35] | I’m sorry for that too, Ms. Wilson. | 我也为此道歉 威尔逊老师 |
[1:19:37] | Sorry? | 什么 |
[1:19:38] | Are you admitting it now? | 你这是承认吗 |
[1:19:39] | Like I was saying, | 就像我说的 |
[1:19:41] | given the stress I’ve been under, | 考虑到我最近的压力 |
[1:19:42] | I’m sure what I said sounded a bit… | 我说的话听起来肯定有点… |
[1:19:44] | No, no, no. I’m sorry, but this isn’t about some | 不不不 不好意思 这不是压力导致的 |
[1:19:47] | stress-induced problem of tone. | 语气不善的问题 |
[1:19:49] | This is about one person | 这是一个人暗示 |
[1:19:51] | suggesting violence against another. | 对另一个人施加暴力 |
[1:19:52] | – Excuse me? – You weren’t there, Mr. Edgar. | -你说什么 -你当时不在场 埃德加 |
[1:19:54] | There are interactions that must be experienced | 有些互动必须亲身经历 |
[1:19:56] | in order to appreciate their intent. | 才能理解其中的意图 |
[1:19:59] | Respectfully, | 无意冒犯 |
[1:19:59] | I think you should choose your words more carefully. | 我认为你应该更加慎重地措辞 |
[1:20:02] | – My son has just apologized. – Has he? | -我儿子刚刚道歉了 -真的吗 |
[1:20:04] | I-I think in the interest of moving forward, Harriet, | 哈丽特 我觉得为了让谈话进行下去 |
[1:20:07] | it would be helpful for you to acknowledge Luce did in fact apologize. | 我觉得你承认卢斯确实道歉了会比较有帮助 |
[1:20:11] | Where were you last night? | 你昨晚在哪里 |
[1:20:12] | – What? – My home was vandalized. | -什么 -我家被人破坏了 |
[1:20:16] | – Just a second… – I want to know where you were | -等一下 -我想知道从放学 |
[1:20:18] | between when school let out and I got back to my house. | 到我回家期间你在哪里 |
[1:20:20] | – I was out. – Where? | -我出去了 -去哪里了 |
[1:20:22] | Is my son being accused of a crime? | 我儿子被指控犯罪了吗 |
[1:20:24] | He sure as hell is about to be. | 他马上就要被指控了 |
[1:20:25] | Because if he is, | 如果他被指控了 |
[1:20:27] | if he is being accused of a crime, | 如果他被指控犯罪了 |
[1:20:29] | I want a lawyer. | 那我要请律师 |
[1:20:29] | Dad, It’s fine. I didn’t do anything. | 爸 没事的 我什么都没做 |
[1:20:30] | This woman’s sister, | 这个女人的妹妹 |
[1:20:32] | this woman’s sister has just gone through a very public | 这个女人的妹妹刚刚经历了众目睽睽之下的 |
[1:20:35] | – mental breakdown. – All right. | -精神崩溃 -好了 |
[1:20:37] | How do you know she’s not responsible? | 你怎么知道不是她干的 |
[1:20:39] | – My sister wouldn’t do that. – Well, neither would my son. | -我妹妹不会那么做 -我儿子也不会 |
[1:20:41] | All right, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[1:20:42] | Everybody just… Luce, | 大家冷静…卢斯 |
[1:20:44] | can you help us out here? | 你能帮帮我们吗 |
[1:20:46] | Can you tell us where you were after school yesterday? | 你能告诉我们昨天放学后你去哪了吗 |
[1:20:51] | – I don’t want to say. – Where were you? | -我不想说 -你去哪了 |
[1:20:56] | – With friends. – Who? | -和朋友在一起 -哪些朋友 |
[1:21:00] | See, he’s lying, Dan. | 看 她在撒谎 丹 |
[1:21:01] | Harriet! | 哈丽特 |
[1:21:02] | Principal Towson, I can explain where I was | 陶森校长 我可以解释我去哪了 |
[1:21:04] | but I do not want to get people in trouble. | 但我不想给别人惹上麻烦 |
[1:21:06] | I respect your discretion, but, | 我尊重你的谨慎 但是 |
[1:21:09] | Luce, your mom, your dad, Ms. Wilson, | 卢斯 你妈妈 你爸爸 威尔逊老师 |
[1:21:11] | we’re all just trying to pin down what’s going on here, okay? | 我们都只是想弄明白是怎么回事 好吗 |
[1:21:15] | And if you know anything, if you could help us with that, | 如果你知道些什么 如果你能帮助我们 |
[1:21:17] | it’s-it’s only going to help you. | 这对你只有好处 |
[1:21:21] | It’s embarrassing for me. | 这让我很难堪 |
[1:21:23] | You gotta be kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[1:21:24] | Harriet. | 哈丽特 |
[1:21:28] | Go ahead, Luce. | 说吧 卢斯 |
[1:21:39] | Please don’t tell anyone I’m showing you this. | 请不要告诉任何人我给你看了这个 |
[1:21:42] | It’s a violation of trust. | 这是背叛朋友 |
[1:21:49] | 约翰逊 二十小时前 飞叶子 | |
[1:21:52] | What up? | 怎么着 |
[1:22:13] | I don’t want them to get in trouble. | 我不想给他们惹上麻烦 |
[1:22:14] | No one’s gonna get in trouble. | 没人惹上麻烦 |
[1:22:16] | All right, you guys are good kids. | 你们都是好孩子 |
[1:22:17] | – We all know that. – This is bullshit. | -我们都知道 -这都是放屁 |
[1:22:19] | Harriet. Excuse me. | 哈丽特 失陪一下 |
[1:22:20] | Harriet! | 哈丽特 |
[1:22:22] | Harriet! | 哈丽特 |
[1:22:28] | Steph… | 斯蒂芬… |
[1:22:32] | I think that’s a really good choice for you. | 我认为那所大学对你来说是个很好的选择 |
[1:22:34] | I know it wasn’t on your original list, but I… | 我知道你最初没有把它纳入考虑 但我… |
[1:22:39] | You told her to come to me. | 是你让她来找我的 |
[1:22:40] | – I’m sorry? – You told her what to say. | -什么 -你告诉了她该说什么 |
[1:22:43] | Dan, what is she talking about? | 丹 她在说什么 |
[1:22:44] | Please explain what your’re talking about, Harriet. | 请解释一下 哈丽特 |
[1:22:45] | I think Ms. Wilson’s just been through a lot. | 我觉得威尔逊老师最近遭遇了太多事 |
[1:22:48] | Between what’s happened with her sister’s breakdown | 先是她的妹妹精神崩溃 |
[1:22:50] | and someone vandalizing her house. | 然后她的家又被人破坏 |
[1:22:53] | She’s confused. | 她糊涂了 |
[1:22:54] | Right, Ms. Wilson? You’re confused. | 对吧 威尔逊老师 你糊涂了 |
[1:22:56] | Luce, I’m going to need you to step out for a moment. | 卢斯 我需要你回避一下 |
[1:22:58] | I thought this meeting was to get together | 我还以为这次谈话的目的就是让大家 |
[1:23:00] | and figure things out. | 一起把事情搞清楚 |
[1:23:01] | Yes. But I need to speak with your parents | 是的 但我需要和你的家长 |
[1:23:03] | and Principal Towson alone. Please. | 还有陶森校长单独谈 请配合 |
[1:23:08] | – Sure. – No. | -好的 -不 |
[1:23:09] | He can stay. | 他可以留下 |
[1:23:10] | Whatever you have to say to us, | 不管你要对我们说什么 |
[1:23:11] | you can say in front of him. | 都可以让他听着 |
[1:23:14] | Your son brought illegal fireworks onto school property. | 你儿子把非法烟花带进了学校 |
[1:23:18] | – Excuse me? – I searches Luce’s locker | -什么 -我搜查了卢斯的储物柜 |
[1:23:20] | and I found illegal fireworks. | 发现了非法烟花 |
[1:23:21] | Why didn’t you tell me this, Harriet? | 你为什么没告诉我 哈丽特 |
[1:23:23] | Well, hold on. The kids share lockers, right? | 等一下 学生们共用储物柜 对吧 |
[1:23:26] | Well, it makes sense that given the kind of student Luce is | 考虑到卢斯是模范学生 有人觉得 |
[1:23:29] | that someone would think his was the safe hiding place. | 在他的储物柜里藏东西比较安全也不奇怪了 |
[1:23:32] | The fireworks could have belonged to anyone. | 烟花是谁的都有可能 |
[1:23:35] | And I’ve learned my lesson. | 而且我已经吸取了教训 |
[1:23:36] | I’m going to change my combination | 我会把锁的密码换了 |
[1:23:37] | and we won’t share lockers anymore. | 我们不会再共用储物柜了 |
[1:23:40] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:23:41] | Harriet, where are the fireworks now? | 哈丽特 烟花现在在哪里 |
[1:23:45] | Amy? | 艾米 |
[1:23:47] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[1:23:49] | Where are they? | 烟花在哪里 |
[1:23:50] | – What do you mean? – I gave them to you. | -什么意思 -我交给你了 |
[1:23:56] | I don’t know what she’s talking about. | 我不知道她在说什么 |
[1:23:58] | What? | 什么 |
[1:23:59] | Nope. She called me | 对 她打电话给我 |
[1:24:01] | and she claimed she found these fireworks. | 声称她发现了烟花 |
[1:24:02] | She claimed my son threatened her. | 声称我儿子威胁了她 |
[1:24:04] | – Amy! – And then she drags us | -艾米 -然后她把我们 |
[1:24:05] | down here in front of you, Dan, | 拖到你面前 丹 |
[1:24:07] | and threatens legal action against my son | 并且威胁要对我儿子采取法律行动 |
[1:24:09] | for a crime he clearly didn’t commit. | 而他显然没有犯罪 |
[1:24:11] | I mean, I’m sorry, but are we done here? | 不好意思 闹剧可以结束了吗 |
[1:24:13] | Can my son go back to being the student he was | 我们能回到这个女人决定对我儿子 |
[1:24:15] | before this woman decided to go after him | 进行某种疯狂的政治迫害之前吗 |
[1:24:18] | on some kind of insane witch hunt? | 回到之前让我儿子接着做模范学生 |
[1:24:20] | No, Peter… | 不 彼得 |
[1:24:21] | I think | 我认为 |
[1:24:23] | we’re done here, Harriet. | 谈话结束了 哈丽特 |
[1:24:26] | No, no, no. Dan… | 不不不 丹 |
[1:24:28] | Yeah, Harriet. | 对 哈丽特 |
[1:24:29] | We’re done. | 谈话结束了 |
[1:24:31] | We are done. | 我不想再听了 |
[1:24:32] | Amy, Peter, thank you for coming. | 艾米 彼得 谢谢你们能来 |
[1:24:34] | I’m very sorry about this. I will make it up to you. | 闹成这样我很抱歉 我会做出补偿的 |
[1:24:37] | I promise. Luce, thank you. | 我保证 卢斯 谢谢你 |
[1:24:40] | – Good night, Principal Towson. – Thank you. | -晚安 陶森校长 -谢谢你 |
[1:24:42] | All right, Ms. Wilson… | 好了 威尔逊老师 |
[1:24:44] | Dan, | 丹 |
[1:24:45] | Stephanie Kim was in my office. | 斯蒂芬妮·金之前就在我办公室 |
[1:24:46] | – Just don’t say anything. Don’t say anything. – No, Dan… | -什么都别说 别说 -不 丹 |
[1:24:48] | We’re going to talk tomorrow. Okay? | 我们明天会谈这事的 |
[1:24:51] | – It’s okay, we’ll talk tomorrow. – No. | -没关系 我们明天谈 -不 |
[1:25:22] | I can heat up leftovers if anyone wants. | 要是你们饿了 我可以把剩菜热一热 |
[1:25:24] | No, I’m good. | 我不要 |
[1:25:26] | – Is he mad at me? – No, he’s fine. | -他生我气了吗 -没有 |
[1:25:29] | He’s just… | 他只是… |
[1:25:32] | Are you hungry? | 你饿了吗 |
[1:25:33] | I should probably get to my speech. | 我应该抓紧准备演讲了 |
[1:25:35] | Okay. Well, can’t wait to hear it. | 好的 等不及想听了 |
[1:25:39] | Thanks, Amy. Good night. | 谢谢 艾米 晚安 |
[1:26:30] | That smells good. | 闻起来真香 |
[1:26:32] | I’m capable of a certain level of domesticity. | 我也有一定的家庭生活能力 |
[1:26:39] | Want some breakfast? | 想吃早餐吗 |
[1:26:41] | No, thanks. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:26:51] | And the man period continues unabated. | 大姨夫的坏心情仍在继续 |
[1:26:57] | Can I get a ride to school? | 能送我去学校吗 |
[1:27:00] | You want me to drive you? | 你要我开车送你 |
[1:27:02] | Yeah, why not? | 有何不可 |
[1:27:05] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:27:19] | I wonder what happened. | 不知发生了什么 |
[1:27:24] | I guess I’ll let you know if school gets canceled. | 如果学校停课我会告诉你的 |
[1:27:35] | This is an impossible situation. | 现在的情况太难办了 |
[1:27:38] | If you hadn’t of hidden those fireworks, Harriet… | 哈丽特 要是你没藏那些烟火… |
[1:27:42] | I’ve given this school everything, Dan. | 丹 我为这所学校奉献了一切 |
[1:27:46] | For 15 years I’ve | 十五年来我一直 |
[1:27:48] | given everything I have to these kids. | 为这些学生无私奉献 |
[1:27:50] | They’re my life. | 他们是我的生命 |
[1:27:53] | And you know I’m not a liar. You know it. | 你知道我不是骗子 你很清楚 |
[1:27:59] | We’ll start with a leave of absence. | 我们先从休假开始 |
[1:28:01] | There will be an investigation. | 我们会展开调查 |
[1:28:03] | And, Harriet, I have to tell you | 而且哈丽特 我必须告诉你 |
[1:28:04] | this school can’t stand behind you. | 学校是不会支持你的 |
[1:28:26] | No, no, no! | 不 不 不 |
[1:28:36] | The fire marshal’s sending the kids home. | 消防队长让孩子们停课回家了 |
[1:28:41] | What? | 什么 |
[1:28:45] | – Was anyone hurt? – No. | -有人受伤吗 -没有 |
[1:28:49] | Good. | 那就好 |
[1:28:52] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[1:28:55] | I think we have an obligation here. | 我认为我们现在有义务 |
[1:28:58] | What does that mean? | 什么义务 |
[1:29:01] | Harriet’s going to lose her job. | 哈丽特会丢掉工作 |
[1:29:05] | There was a fire. | 还发生了火灾 |
[1:29:08] | People might have been hurt. | 可能会有人受伤的 |
[1:29:11] | No one was. | 没人受伤 |
[1:29:14] | Could have been Luce. Amy. | 可能是卢斯干的 艾米 |
[1:29:16] | He was with us all night, Pete. | 他整夜都和我们在家 彼得 |
[1:29:18] | – So if you’re accusing… – Really? | -如果你要指控… -来这套吗 |
[1:29:20] | No, if you’re accusing him, | 不 如果你要指控他 |
[1:29:22] | just think carefully about who’s side you’re on. | 先想清楚你到底站在谁那边 |
[1:29:25] | – Jesus… – We both wanted this. | -老天 -这是我们共同的愿望 |
[1:29:27] | No, I wanted a family. | 不 我的愿望是家庭 |
[1:29:30] | I wanted something simple and sane and normal. | 我的愿望简单 理智 正常 |
[1:29:35] | Our lives didn’t have to be a political fucking statement. | 我们的生活不非得是政治宣言 |
[1:29:39] | I didn’t want… | 我不想要… |
[1:29:43] | Him? | 他 |
[1:29:46] | I think there has to be… | 我认为一定要有 |
[1:29:50] | some kind of limit. | 某种限度 |
[1:29:51] | A limit to what? Tell me. | 什么限度 告诉我 |
[1:29:53] | To how much I love him? | 我爱他的限度吗 |
[1:29:56] | To how hard I’ve worked? | 我努力的限度吗 |
[1:29:58] | To ensure he had a chance at life, at success? | 为了确保他有机会享受生活 获得成功 |
[1:30:01] | No, Pete, I disagree. | 不 彼得 我不同意 |
[1:30:02] | There is no limit to that, | 这是没有限度的 |
[1:30:04] | and some random accident at school… | 而学校发生的偶然事故… |
[1:30:06] | – Fuck, Amy! – Listen to me! | -妈的 艾米 -听我说 |
[1:30:08] | Some random accident at school is not going to change that. | 学校发生的偶然事故不会改变这一点 |
[1:30:16] | So just tell me… | 所以告诉我 |
[1:30:19] | who’s side you’re on. | 你到底站在谁那边 |
[1:30:27] | Our side, Amy. | 我们这边 艾米 |
[1:30:31] | Ours. | 我们这边 |
[1:30:35] | My family’s. | 我的家人这边 |
[1:30:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:31:17] | Luce! Where are you? | 卢斯 你在哪儿 |
[1:31:19] | I’m leaving school. The fire was in Ms. Wilson’s classroom. | 我正要离开学校 着火的是威尔逊老师的教室 |
[1:31:22] | I feel bad. | 我觉得过意不去 |
[1:31:23] | I want to do something nice for her. | 我想做点什么安慰她 |
[1:31:24] | Come home first. I can pick you up. | 先回家 我来接你 |
[1:31:27] | I will in just a little. | 我马上就回家 |
[1:31:28] | Luce, wait. | 卢斯 等等 |
[1:31:30] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[1:31:44] | You gotta be joking. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[1:31:45] | Deshaun and I got the team to chip in for flowers. | 德肖恩和我组织全队凑钱买了花 |
[1:31:48] | Deshaun? | 德肖恩是吗 |
[1:31:52] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:31:53] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[1:31:56] | I’m allergic. | 我过敏 |
[1:32:07] | This is not okay, Luce. | 你不能闯进来 卢斯 |
[1:32:09] | I just want to talk. | 我只是想谈谈 |
[1:32:11] | Well, this is not okay. | 这样不行 |
[1:32:22] | That’s awful. | 太可怕了 |
[1:32:25] | You ever been called that? | 有人叫过你黑鬼吗 |
[1:32:27] | No. | 没有 |
[1:32:28] | No wonder you’re always so pleased with yourself. | 怪不得你总是自视甚高 |
[1:32:33] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思 |
[1:32:35] | You’re mad people put you in a box. | 你气愤人们把你放进盒子里 |
[1:32:37] | – You put me in a box. – I protected you. | -是你把我放进盒子里 -我保护了你 |
[1:32:39] | But not Deshaun. | 但没保护德肖恩 |
[1:32:41] | After you busted him, | 你抓到他之后 |
[1:32:44] | you had that meeting with me and Corey | 你找来我 科里 |
[1:32:46] | and all the other black runners on the squad. | 还有队里所有的黑人选手 |
[1:32:50] | And you said it is your solemn duty | 你说不沦为刻板印象 |
[1:32:53] | to never be stereotypes. | 是你们庄严的责任 |
[1:32:57] | Look at Luce. | 学学卢斯 |
[1:32:59] | Be like Luce. | 成为卢斯 |
[1:33:00] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:33:02] | And I remember them all looking at me. | 我记得他们都看着我 |
[1:33:05] | They weren’t jealous. | 他们并不嫉妒 |
[1:33:08] | They were just trying to figure it out. | 他们只是想弄明白 |
[1:33:11] | How do I get that? | 我怎么变成那样 |
[1:33:15] | And all I can think about was Deshaun. | 而我满脑子想的都是德肖恩 |
[1:33:18] | All he had was that athletic scholarship | 他唯一的希望就是那个体育奖学金 |
[1:33:20] | and you took it from him. | 而你却把它夺走了 |
[1:33:21] | You took it from him because he wasn’t me. | 你把它夺走是因为他不是我 |
[1:33:23] | – Yes. – Why? | -对 -为什么 |
[1:33:24] | Because for every Deshaun Meeks I don’t come down on, | 因为多一个我没有打压的德肖恩·米克斯 |
[1:33:27] | there’s a Luce Edgar I can’t lift out. | 就会多一个我没法栽培的卢斯·埃德加 |
[1:33:29] | That’s bullshit. | 胡说八道 |
[1:33:30] | Why do we have to be perfect to be accepted? | 为什么我们必须做到完美才能被接纳 |
[1:33:32] | Boy, that’s our life! | 孩子 这就是我们的人生 |
[1:33:33] | No, you’re so desperate for approval | 不 你只是太渴望得到认可 |
[1:33:35] | that you’ll eat your own just to get it. | 为此你不惜牺牲自己人 |
[1:33:37] | – Whose approval? – Who do you think? | -谁的认可 -你觉得呢 |
[1:33:40] | Everyone who made you feel like being black wasn’t good enough. | 每一个让你感到身为黑人不够好的人 |
[1:33:45] | But I don’t need their approval. | 但我不需要他们的认可 |
[1:33:47] | I’m not going to be somebody’s symbol | 我不会为了让别人好受 |
[1:33:49] | just to make them feel better. | 就化为一个象征 |
[1:33:50] | You still don’t get it. | 你还是不明白 |
[1:33:53] | You don’t get it. | 你不明白 |
[1:33:55] | It’s not just about you and it’s not about me. | 这不仅仅关乎你我 |
[1:33:58] | America put you in a box. | 美国把你放在盒子里 |
[1:34:02] | And it’s tight and it’s dirty and you can’t move. | 里面狭小肮脏 你动弹不得 |
[1:34:06] | But guess what? Too bad. | 但现实就是这样 |
[1:34:09] | We’re all in there together, whether you like it or not. | 不管你愿不愿意 我们都在一个盒子里 |
[1:34:13] | And only so much light gets in that box, Luce. | 而盒子里的光是有限的 卢斯 |
[1:34:19] | Some people get it, and some people don’t. | 有人能照到 有人照不到 |
[1:34:22] | But it’s not on you to decide who gets it and who doesn’t. | 但谁能照到不是由你决定的 |
[1:34:25] | You’re damn right it’s on you! | 你说得太对了 是你 |
[1:34:29] | It’s on you. | 是你 |
[1:34:31] | After all, who did you use to do your little errands | 毕竟 你忙着制造不在场证明的时候 |
[1:34:36] | while you were busy establishing alibis? | 你找了谁帮你搞小动作呢 |
[1:34:45] | It’s not the same thing. | 这不是一回事 |
[1:34:50] | You got a lot to learn, little man. | 你还有很多要学的 小伙子 |
[1:34:53] | Now you get the fuck out of my house. | 现在你给我滚出去 |
[1:34:59] | Get out of my house! | 滚出去 |
[1:36:04] | Shit! Shit! | 见鬼 见鬼 |
[1:40:04] | Are you hiding Christmas presents? | 你在藏圣诞礼物吗 |
[1:40:09] | That’s where you used to hide my Christmas presents. | 你以前就是把我的圣诞礼物藏在那里的 |
[1:40:15] | You were always so surprised. | 你每次都很惊讶 |
[1:40:19] | I’m good at acting surprised. | 我很擅长表现得惊讶 |
[1:40:38] | Here. | 给你 |
[1:41:12] | Remember Dennis? | 还记得丹尼斯吗 |
[1:41:14] | Yeah. | 记得 |
[1:41:17] | Of course I remember Dennis. | 我当然记得丹尼斯 |
[1:41:23] | I thought we could try again. | 我想我们可以再试一次 |
[1:41:31] | Thanks… | 谢谢 |
[1:41:35] | Mom. | 妈妈 |
[1:41:42] | You have your whole future ahead of you. | 你的前途一片光明 |
[1:41:47] | Full of potential. | 充满可能性 |
[1:41:52] | Hope you’re right. | 希望你是对的 |
[1:41:54] | I know I’m right, honey. | 我确定我是对的 亲爱的 |
[1:41:58] | I know. | 我确定 |
[1:42:35] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[1:42:37] | I want thank Principal Towson for giving me this opportunity. | 我想感谢陶森校长给我这个机会 |
[1:42:41] | It means a lot to be able to talk with each of you about my story, | 能在此向你们讲述我的故事对我来说意义重大 |
[1:42:45] | which I’m told is pretty unique, | 有人说我的故事很独特 |
[1:42:47] | even though I still feel pretty regular. | 但我还是觉得自己很普通 |
[1:42:51] | I’m lucky enough to have two amazing parents | 我很幸运 有两个了不起的父母 |
[1:42:56] | who when they saw my picture | 他们在我七岁的时候 |
[1:42:58] | at seven years old weren’t scared. | 看到我的照片没有被吓到 |
[1:43:00] | Or if they were they did a good job of hiding it | 或者他们被吓到了 不过掩藏的很好 |
[1:43:02] | because the parents I grew up with | 因为养育我长大的父母 |
[1:43:04] | were nothing but loving and brave. | 心中只有爱和勇气 |
[1:43:10] | I came here to America, | 我来到美国 |
[1:43:13] | to this school, | 来到这所学校 |
[1:43:16] | and I found myself. | 然后找到了自我 |
[1:43:20] | When I first met my mother, | 第一次见到我母亲的时候 |
[1:43:21] | she couldn’t pronounce my name. | 她不会念我的名字 |
[1:43:24] | She tried over and over | 她一遍又一遍的尝试 |
[1:43:26] | to get the emphasis on the syllables correct, | 想找准音节的重音 |
[1:43:28] | but she just couldn’t. | 但她就是不会念 |
[1:43:30] | So my father suggested that they rename me. | 所以我父亲提议给我改名 |
[1:43:34] | They picked Luce, which means light. | 他们选了卢斯这个名字 含义是光 |
[1:43:39] | Because my mom always said that | 因为我妈妈总是说 |
[1:43:40] | there was a little beam of light shone inside me. | 有一小束光在我体内照耀 |
[1:43:43] | If only they could sweep the darkness | 要是那束光驱散 |
[1:43:45] | of those first seven years away. | 前七年的黑暗就好了 |
[1:43:48] | I thought of that as I was figuring out | 我在考虑今晚演讲的内容时 |
[1:43:50] | what to say to you all tonight. | 想到了这件事 |
[1:43:54] | And I realized how lucky I am to be an American. | 我意识到身为美国人我是多么幸运 |
[1:44:01] | Because here I got the chance to start over. | 因为在这里我有重新开始的机会 |
[1:44:05] | Here we get to be who we are | 在这里我们可以做自己 |
[1:44:06] | and still be accepted despite our flaws. | 虽有缺点仍被接纳 |
[1:44:10] | Here we get to tell our own story. | 在这里我们可以讲述自己的故事 |
[1:44:15] | This is mine. | 而这是我的故事 |
[1:44:19] | When they first told me my new name, | 他们第一次告诉我我的新名字的时候 |
[1:44:20] | I was still just learning English, | 我才刚开始学英语 |
[1:44:22] | so I took it to be the word “loose,” | 于是我把它当成了”loose”这个词 |
[1:44:25] | Loose L-o-o-s-e, | |
[1:44:27] | which is defined as something detachable, | 定义是可拆卸的 |
[1:44:29] | not easily fixed in place, or pinned down… | 不易固定的东西 |