英文名称:Another Earth
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | I saw this image when I was a kid. | 我小时候看到过这张照片 |
[00:57] | The photograph of Jupiter taken by NASA’s Voyager. | 美国宇航局拍摄的照片 |
[01:01] | Beautiful | 真美 |
[01:04] | but nothing special until shown in rapid succession. | 但如果不连续观看并没有什么特别之处 |
[01:10] | Suddenly Jupiter was alive, | 突然,木星活了 |
[01:14] | breathing. | 开始呼吸 |
[01:17] | I was hypnotized | 我被迷住了 |
[01:35] | I was 17 when I got my acceptance letter to MIT. | 我获得麻省理工学院录取通知书的时候才17岁 |
[01:38] | – One, two, three, MIT! – Okay. Wait… | – 1, 2, 3, MIT – OK. 等一下 |
[01:41] | I felt like anything was possible. | 我感觉一切皆有可能 |
[01:45] | I don’t want to eat the apple of cynicism. | 我不吃犬儒主义的苹果 |
[01:50] | And it was. | 我就是那样 |
[02:14] | ?Flava? ?Flava? | ?Flava? ?Flava? |
[02:15] | ?Flava? ?Flava? | ?Flava? ?Flava? |
[02:17] | – Yo, what’s up, baby? – It’s your boy Flava- F-L-A-V-A. | – 哟 怎么了 宝贝 – 这是你的口味 F-L-A-V-A. |
[02:20] | Thatis your dude with the big mouth! Yo! | 你是有张大嘴的花花公子 哟 |
[02:23] | I don’t know if you heard the news, but the scientists say… | 我不知道你听说过这条新闻没有 但是科学家说 |
[02:26] | They just discovered another planet super close to us… | 他们刚刚发现了另一个和我们很相近的星球 |
[02:29] | with the conditions that could support life? | 拥有支持生命的条件 |
[02:32] | Really? Well, now it’s visible up in the night sky. | 真的吗?我们现在可以在夜空上看见它 |
[02:36] | They say if you look just east of the North Star, you’ll see it. | 他们说如果你向北极星的东边看 你会看到它 |
[02:40] | It’s a litte blue spot. | 是一个小蓝点 |
[02:41] | I want all you lovers out there to make a wish… | 我希望所有的情侣在这个小蓝色星星上 |
[02:45] | on a tiny blue star… | 许个愿 |
[02:47] | as I play this hot joint for you right now. | 就像我现在一样 |
[02:50] | It’s your boy Flava! | 那是你的口味 |
[03:03] | That’s easy. | 很简单嘛 |
[03:04] | What rhymes with… “honey”? | 什么和“honey”读音相近? |
[03:10] | He’s like, “AII right, enough with it!”. | 他像…… 如吧,换一个 |
[03:12] | What rhymes- Let’s do some animals. | 换一种动物吧 |
[03:14] | – You wanna give him some animals? – Yeah. | – 你想给他一些动物? – 是的 |
[03:16] | What rhymes with- “Lion”? | 什么和“Lion”读音相近 |
[03:19] | Oh, my gosh. | 哦 天啊 |
[03:21] | – “Pion. – ” A pion. | – Pion – 美洲狮 |
[03:23] | A small puma of the high Himalayas. | 喜马拉雅山脉的小美洲狮 |
[03:28] | Did we figure out what this guy’s name is? | 你能说出这个人的名字吗 |
[03:32] | Bob. Bob the robot. | 鲍伯 机器人 |
[03:34] | He looks to me like a Bob. | 他好像喜欢机器人 |
[03:35] | Go ahead. | 继续 |
[03:38] | Feel her. | 感受她 |
[03:40] | She’s in there, all right. | 放心吧 她在那里 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:939个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:136个,六级词汇:70个,GRE词汇:70个,托福词汇:108个,考研词汇:147个,专四词汇:118个,专八词汇:24个, 所有生词标注共:263个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:42] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[03:46] | What rhymes with… | 什么和… |
[03:50] | “light”? | “light”读音相近? |
[03:51] | – “Light”? – Oh, that’s a good one. | – “Light”? – 嗯,不错 |
[06:00] | And by all appearances, the, uh, planet… | 从它的外观上看,这个,嗯,行星… |
[06:03] | Seems to be a mirror to our own, | 从大陆到海洋结构上 |
[06:04] | from the continental structures to the oceans. | 就像我们地球的山寨版 |
[06:07] | Even their cities are our cities. | 它们的城市都和我们一样 |
[06:10] | And where are we in terms of Communication? | 它离我们的距离呢? |
[06:12] | That’s exactly my point. | 那正是我想知道的 |
[06:13] | If this planet is sustaining intelligent life… | 如果这个行星上也有 |
[06:15] | of comparable levels to our own… | 和我们一样的生命的话 |
[06:17] | That’s a very significant point. | 那将非常有意义 |
[06:18] | So far we have nothing. We have a jumble of radio signals, | 到目前为止 除了杂乱的无线电信号外 我们对它一无所知 |
[06:21] | the strongest of which are military radars. | 它最强大的是军事雷达 |
[06:23] | But even those radio signals are not something we can parse out and understand. | 但那些仅有的无线电信号我们也无法破解 |
[06:27] | – We don’t. – Even know it really exists. | – 我们不能 – 甚至不知道它是否真的存在 |
[06:29] | It could be some cosmic mirror of sorts. | 它可能是宇宙的镜子之类的 |
[06:32] | You’ve written extensively about that .. | 你曾经写过很多 |
[06:34] | As the most likely explanation for why it’s identical to our own planet. | 它与地球如此想像的说明 |
[06:38] | This planet exists. | 这个行星的确存在 |
[06:40] | It has mass and it has a clearly detectable orbit. | 它有质量 并且有一条明确的轨道 |
[06:43] | It’s even having radio signals. | 甚至还有无线电信号 |
[07:25] | So did you have a crew on the inside? | 你在那里面有没有死党 |
[07:28] | Do you have any tattoos? | 你有刺青吗? |
[07:30] | – Jeffrey! – I’m just asking. | – 杰弗里 – 我只是问问 |
[07:38] | You hear about that guy who’s having the contest to go to the other Earth? | 你听说过那个人有一场要去另一个地球的比赛吗 |
[07:42] | I mean, it’s so stupid. | 我觉得他很蠢 |
[07:44] | They’re gonna get sucked into a black star and die. | 他们会被黑洞吸走并葬身在那里 |
[08:28] | Hmm. | 呃… |
[08:31] | Is it good to be home? | 回家感觉还好吧 |
[08:36] | Yeah. | 不错 |
[08:37] | You know, if you need anything… | 如果你需要什么… |
[08:46] | Oh. Towels. | 哦 毛巾 |
[08:50] | Night. | 晚安 |
[08:54] | Good night, Mom. | 晚安 妈妈 |
[09:16] | 3 2 1 Three, two, one. | |
[09:19] | Booster ignition, and liftoff. | 助推器点火 发射 |
[09:22] | This will be a trip like no other. | 这是一次空前的旅行 |
[09:24] | We will give those that travel with us a unique and life-changing experience. | 我们将提供独特的、改变人生体验的旅行 |
[09:29] | Travel to Earth Two. Now booking. | 去地球2号的旅行 现在开始订票 |
[10:36] | I was thinking I would like to do something with my hands. | 我想我可以用我的双手做些事情 |
[10:40] | You know, maybe- maybe outdoors, maybe not. | 可能 可能在户外 也可能不行 |
[10:43] | Come on. I mean, you could do something with your hands, | 拜托 你肯定可以做些事情的 |
[10:46] | but you have such a great mind. | 但是你有如此伟大的思想 |
[10:50] | I don’t wanna really be around too many people or do too much talking. | 我不想周围有太多人 我也不喜欢和人聊天 |
[10:57] | All right. | 行嘛 |
[11:01] | Well, there’s a maintenance position open at West Haven High School. | 嗯,在西汉文中学有一个维护工作 |
[11:13] | Just imagine that you’re a sleep and then you wake. | 你只需想像一下你在睡觉 然后醒来 |
[11:17] | You’re not sure where you are. | 你不敢确定你自己在何处 |
[11:19] | You’re not sure if anyone else is around. | 你更不确定你周围是否还有其他人 |
[11:21] | What would you probably do first? | 那么你做的第一件事是什么 |
[11:24] | You likely would look around and say, “Hello?” | 你可能会先看一下周围 然后问 有人吗 |
[11:28] | Hello?”. | 有人吗 |
[11:29] | You’re attempting to find, “Am I alone?”.” | 你是想知道 只有我一个人吗 |
[11:33] | We here on Earth would like to know. | 我们应该知道这里是地球 |
[11:35] | Me and Rob got into this huge, stupid fight last night. | 我和罗伯昨晚大干了一场蠢架 |
[11:38] | Really? About what? | 真的?为什么? |
[11:40] | – I don’t know. – We were hanging out, and he just started fighting… | – 不知道 – 我们一出去 就开始打… |
[11:42] | – Hey. – Oh, hi. | – 嘿 – 哦,嘿 |
[11:43] | What are you guys doing? Um, skipping Chemistry. | 你们在干嘛 翘化学课 |
[11:46] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的 – 是的 |
[11:51] | Guess who just texted me. | 猜谁刚给我发的短信 |
[11:53] | Who? Kyle. | 谁 凯尔 |
[11:54] | Is he gonna pick us up? | 他要来接我们吗 |
[12:00] | Yo! It’s the winter solstice. | 哟!冬至到了 |
[12:02] | That’s right. The shortest day of the year, | 是的 一年中最短的一天 |
[12:05] | which means it will also be the longest night of the year. | 同时也说明今晚是一年中最长的一夜 |
[12:09] | So take advantage. You know what I’m talking about. | 那么好好利用它吧 你知道我的意思(嘿咻嘿咻…) |
[12:12] | Also, today marks the anniversary of the discovery of Earth Two a few years back. | 同时 今天也是发现地球2号四周年纪念日 几年前发现了地球2号 |
[12:18] | Can you remember what you were doing that night? | 你还记得那天晚上你在做什么吗 |
[12:20] | I know I remember. | 我想我记得 |
[12:22] | I met this girl from Bridgeport… | 我在桥港市见到了这个女孩 |
[12:26] | That had a thing for the Flava! | 找到了我的口味 |
[12:28] | Thatis right, baby. You know how we do. | 是的 宝贝儿 你知道我们怎么做的 |
[12:30] | Baby if you’re still out there, boo, holler at your boy. | 宝贝 如果你还在外面 大声叫出来吧 |
[12:33] | Flava, F-L-A-V-A. Yeah. | Flava, F-L-A-V-A. Yeah. |
[12:36] | Not onLy do I got a big mouth, I got a- Uh. | 我不仅有一张血盆大口 我还有一个 啊… |
[12:38] | You know my number Call me. Mmm. | 你有我的号码 记得打给我 |
[16:47] | Company that’s underwriting civilian travel to Earth Two | 地球2号旅行人身保险公司 |
[16:51] | Keith, with all the risks… | 基思 承担所有风险 |
[16:53] | and all the unknowns, why are you doing this? | 和所有未知事件 你为什么要这么做 |
[16:56] | I don’t think governments should dictate exploration. | 我不觉得政府会下令勘探 |
[16:59] | And I don’t think we should automaticaly ban average citizens… | 我也不觉得我们要禁止平民 |
[17:02] | From being the first to see this new world. | 成为看到这个新世界的第一人 |
[17:31] | When early explorers first set out west across the Atlantic, | 我们早期的探险家曾向西穿过大西洋 |
[17:35] | most people thought the world was flat. | 很多人认为地是方的 |
[17:38] | Most people thought If you sailed far enough west. | 很多人认为你是否航行得足够向西 |
[17:43] | You would drop off a plane into nothing. | 你会认为坠机是小菜一碟 |
[17:48] | These vessels sailing out into the unknown… | 那些船只向未知的地方航行… |
[17:51] | they weren’t carrying noblemen or aristocrats, artists, merchants. | 他们不会带上贵族 艺术家 商人 |
[17:58] | They were crewed by people living on the edge of life. | 他们由生活在生命边缘的人组成 |
[18:03] | The madmen, orphans, ex-convicts, outcasts… | 疯子 孤儿 前科犯 浪子… |
[18:08] | like myself. | 就像我一样 |
[18:14] | As a felon, I’m an unlikely candidate for most things. | 做为一个恶棍 我不像众多事情的候选人 |
[18:20] | But perhaps not for this. | 但可能这件事除外 |
[18:25] | Perhaps I am the most likely. | 可能我最像 |
[19:01] | Rhoda? | 罗达 |
[19:02] | Hi. Alex. | 嘿 亚历克斯 |
[19:07] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[19:09] | How are you? How- How is everything? | 你还好吗 一切都好吧 |
[19:13] | It’s great. | 很好 |
[19:17] | You celebrating? | 你在庆祝吗 庆祝什么 |
[19:18] | Yeah. I just got into business school. | 是的 我刚刚进入商业学校 |
[19:20] | Boston. | 波士顿 |
[19:22] | Hey, I couldn’t get arugula, but I found this spring mix. | 嘿 我找不到芝麻菜 但是我找到了这个配料 |
[19:25] | That’s good. Uh, this is Rhoda, an old friend of mine from high school. | 也行 嗯 这是罗达 我高中同学 |
[19:28] | Oh, hi. Hi. | 哦 嘿 嘿 |
[19:30] | I’m Claire. Hi. | 我叫克莱尔 嘿 |
[19:33] | So, are you working? | 你在上班吗 |
[19:35] | West Haven High. | 西汉文中学 |
[19:37] | Yeah? What do you teach? | 真的吗 你教什么呢 |
[19:39] | I clean. What? | 我扫地的 什么 |
[19:42] | I clean the school. | 我打扫学校的卫生 |
[19:44] | Oh, that’s cool. That’s probably very therapeutic. | 哦 很酷嘛 很有利于健康 |
[19:50] | All right. Well, it was good to see you, Rhoda. | 好的 很高兴能见到你 |
[19:54] | Yeah, it was nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[19:56] | Nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[20:14] | How do you know her? | 你怎么认识她的 |
[20:16] | High school. | 高中 |
[21:10] | Yeah? | 有事吗 |
[21:14] | Mr. Burroughs? Mm-hmm. | 伯勒斯先生 嗯… |
[21:16] | I, uh… | 我… |
[21:18] | What? Came to… | 什么 我来… |
[21:22] | I came to tell you about… | 是为了告诉你… |
[21:27] | What? | 什么 |
[21:30] | Tell you about a tri- a free trial of our cleaning service. | 告诉你关于试用… 免费清洁服务的 |
[21:33] | What? | 什么 |
[21:34] | I’m from Maid In Haven. | 我是来自汉文的女仆 |
[21:36] | We’re a cleaning service. | 我们有一个清洁服务 |
[21:38] | We’re looking to expand our territory and our- No, thank you. | 我们希望扩大我们的服务范围和… 哦 不用 谢谢 |
[21:51] | Wait. | 请等一下 |
[21:57] | Did you say “trial cleaning”? | 你刚才说“清洁试用” |
[22:01] | Did you say “trial cleaning”? Yeah… | 你刚才说“清洁试用” 是的 |
[22:03] | God. Sorry, it’s a t… | 天啊 对不起,是… |
[22:04] | Is it definitely free? Yeah. | 免费的 是的 |
[22:06] | Fine. Let’s go. | 很好 我们走吧 |
[22:07] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[22:23] | Come on. You can start in here. | 来吧 你可以开始打扫了 |
[22:37] | Did you say “Maid In Haven”? | 你说你是汉文的女仆 |
[22:40] | Yes. Like New Haven? | 是的 纽黑文市 |
[22:43] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:46] | You’re pretty far from New Haven. | 那里距这里很远 |
[22:49] | There’s a lot of competition in town, | 在镇上有一个比赛 |
[22:52] | so we’re offering the free trial as a… | 所以我们提供了这个免费的… |
[22:54] | Where are your supplies? | 谁赞助你们 |
[22:57] | Uh, normally, the first time is a consultation. | 嗯 第一次一般是磋商 |
[23:01] | OK | Okay. |
[23:03] | Well, you’re already here, so why don’t you just… | 你既然已经在这里了 那么你为什么不能… |
[23:08] | clean this for a start? | 开始打扫呢 |
[23:10] | Okay? There’s mops and things in there. | 那边有拖把和其他的东西 行吗 |
[23:14] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:16] | I’m gonna be in that room. | 我去那个房间 |
[23:55] | Is everything okay? Yes. | 有什么事吗 没事 |
[24:45] | Scientists have said there is overwhelming evidence | 科学家说有压倒式的证据 |
[24:48] | that the two Earths… | 表明这两个地球… |
[25:31] | – All right, that’s enough. – It’s time for you to go. | – 好了 够了 – 你该走了 |
[25:41] | So- Wait. Is that it for the free trial? | 嗯 等一下 这是免费试用吗 |
[25:44] | Yeah, it’s a one-day trial. | 是的 免费试用一天 |
[25:48] | Um, all right. So I’ll see you next week. | 嗯 好的 那么 下周再见 |
[25:53] | I’ll let them know. They might send someone else. | 我会让他们来 他们会派其他人来的 |
[25:57] | Okay. Same time, same… | 好的 同一个时间 同一个… |
[25:59] | Yeah, this is a good time. This is a good day too. | 是的 这是一个很好的时间 也是很好的一天 |
[26:43] | So, Jeff, I think we’ve got a pretty important toast in order. | 杰夫 我想我们已经完成了漂亮的轮番敬酒 |
[26:46] | What do you think, huh? Hey, hey, hey! Hold on, hold on! | 你在想什么 嗯? 嘿 嘿 嘿 等等 等等 |
[26:48] | I just got the cider. Come on, guys, it’s not that big of a deal. | 我刚弄好的苹果汁 来吧 伙计们 没什么大不了的 |
[26:51] | Oh! It is a big deal. | 哦! 这很大得了! |
[26:54] | You’ve shown perseverance in the face of adversity. | 你已经展示了你在面临逆境时不屈不挠的精神 |
[26:58] | You deserve to be saluted for that, Son. | 值得表扬 儿子 |
[27:05] | Come on, Rho-tard. Aren’t you gonna ask what happened? | 拜托 罗达 你就不想问一下发生了什么事吗 |
[27:09] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[27:11] | – I got into UConn. – And we are so proud of you! | – 我考上了康大 – 我们为你自豪 |
[27:14] | Hear, hear! | 听 听 |
[27:16] | Chin-chin! | 干杯 |
[27:29] | Mr. Burroughs? | 伯勒斯先生 |
[27:33] | I came to tell you that I saw you at the site of the accident. | 我来是为了告诉你我在交通事故的网站上看到了你 |
[27:39] | And I’m sorry for what happened to you and your family. | 我为你以及你家人的不幸感到抱歉 |
[27:46] | It was my fault. | 是我的错 |
[27:52] | Mr. Burroughs. | 伯勒斯先生 |
[27:56] | Oh. Good. Mr. Burroughs. | 嗯 很好 伯勒斯先生 |
[27:57] | I- Come on in. | 我… 快进来吧 |
[27:59] | You can start where you finished. | 你可以接着上次的做 |
[28:01] | I was wondering if I could talk with you about something. | 我可以和你聊聊天吗 |
[28:03] | Not now. A little bit later. | 现在不行 等一会儿 |
[29:57] | I’m finished. | 搞定了 |
[30:01] | Check’s on the kitchen table. | 支票在厨房的桌上 |
[30:35] | We’re not real. W-We’re not real. | 我们不是真实的 我们不是真实的 |
[30:37] | We’re a projection of the imagination of Earth Two. | 我们只是地球2号幻想的投影 |
[31:22] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[32:01] | This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI, | 这是地球1号美国地外文明探索计划 |
[32:03] | the United States, planet Earth. | 的琼.塔利斯博士 |
[32:06] | Do you read me? | 你们听得到吗 |
[32:14] | This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI, | 这是地球1号美国地外文明探索计划 |
[32:16] | the United States, planet Earth. | 的琼.塔利斯博士 |
[32:19] | Do you read me? | 你们听得到吗 |
[32:20] | Is anyone out there? | 外面有人吗 |
[32:28] | Let’s try another channel. | 我们换个频道 |
[32:34] | I repeat… | 我重复… |
[32:35] | This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI, | 这是地球1号美国地外文明探索计划 |
[32:38] | the Un/ted States, plane! Ea/1/1. | 的琼.塔利斯博士 |
[32:40] | We- you. | 我们… |
[32:44] | We read you. | 我们听到了 |
[32:46] | Clear… | 很清楚 |
[32:48] | Copy. | 收到 |
[32:52] | Verified? | 验证? |
[32:59] | This is Dr. Joan Tallis of SETI, | 这是琼.塔利斯博士 |
[33:02] | Is someone there? | 那里有人吗 |
[33:05] | Do you read me? | 能听到吗 |
[33:07] | This is Dr. Joan T-Tallis. | 这是T-塔利斯博士 |
[33:10] | We’re getting feedback. | 我们收到回复了 |
[33:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[33:20] | Hello? | 你好 |
[33:26] | My name is Joan Tallis. | 我的名字啊琼.塔利斯 |
[33:28] | Whoa! No way! I am the director of SETI. | 不可能! 我才是美国地外文明探索计划的老大 |
[33:31] | Dude! In Mountain View California. | 杜德 来自加州山景城 |
[33:39] | When were you born? | 你们什么时候出生的 |
[33:45] | May 7,1954. | 1954年5月7日 |
[33:50] | When were you born? | 你们什么时候出生的 |
[33:54] | May 7,1954. | 1954年5月7日 |
[33:58] | Mount Pleasant, New York. | 纽约欢喜山 |
[34:01] | Robinson Hope Hospital. | 罗宾逊希望医院 |
[34:07] | I took a trip to Cape Canaveral when I was a kid. | 我小时候去卡那佛角旅游过 |
[34:12] | Did you? | 你呢 |
[34:14] | Yes. I was 11. | 是的 那时我11岁 |
[34:20] | What did you buy at the gift store? | 你在礼品店买过什么 |
[34:29] | Space food | 太空食品 |
[34:32] | I thought I would be going to space. | 我认为我会到太空去 |
[34:36] | I bought these… astro strawberries.. | 我买过那些… 太空草莓… |
[34:46] | – What? – Oh, come on. | – 什么 – 哦 拜托 |
[34:47] | – No way, dude! No way! – What does that- What does that mean? | – 不可能 小样儿 不可能 – 那是 那是什么意思 |
[34:51] | It’s- it’s- Listen. What does that mean? I don’t understand what that means. | 那是 那是 你听!什么意思 我搞不懂 |
[34:54] | Kimberly, it’s just an elaborate hoax. | 金柏莉 这只是一个精心制作的骗局 |
[34:55] | – There’s gotta be an explanation. – We’re all gonna die. | – 我们需要解释 – 我们所有人都要死了 |
[34:57] | – Wait, wait! – We are all gonna die. | – 等等 等等 – 我们所有人都要死了 |
[35:44] | It would be very hard to think “I am over there”… | 很难想像“我们在那边” |
[35:47] | And “Can I go meet me?”… | 以及“我们会遇见我们自己吗” |
[35:49] | And “Is that me better than this me?” | 以及“那个我比这个我更好吗” |
[35:54] | “Can I learn from the other me?” | “我可以从另一个我那里学习一些东西吗” |
[35:57] | “Has the other me made the same mistakes I’ve made?”. | “另一个我是否也犯过我所犯的错误” |
[36:01] | Or “Can I sit down and have a conversation with me?”.” | 或者“我能否和我坐下来开个会?” |
[36:05] | Wouldn’t that be an interesting thing? | 那样会很有趣吗? |
[36:07] | The truth is, we do that all day long every day. | 现实就是 我们每天都在那样想 |
[36:11] | People don’t admit it and they don’t think about it too much, but they do. | 人们不允许也不去想太多关于这个的问题 但是他们的确在想 |
[36:16] | Everyday, they’re talking in their own head. | 每天他们在头脑里和自己聊天 |
[36:18] | ”What’s he doing?” ”Why’d he do that?” | “他现在在做什么?” “他为什么那样做?” |
[36:20] | “What did she think?” “Did I say the right thing?” | “她想过什么?” “我说过的话对吗?” |
[36:23] | In this case, there is another you out there. | 这种情况下,另一个你的确存在 |
[36:55] | Wanna take a look? | 想看看吗 |
[37:12] | My God. | 天啊 |
[37:36] | Yeah. | 耶 |
[37:41] | Wow. | 哇 |
[37:54] | You’re up there and I’m up there. | 你在那上面 我在那上面 |
[37:58] | It’s just too much. | 太多了 |
[38:00] | I wonder if I’m cleaning your house. | 我想我该打扫房间了 |
[38:03] | Ha! | 哈 |
[38:05] | Maybe. | 行啊 |
[38:12] | – Total’s 29. – Thank you. | – 总共29块 – 谢谢 |
[38:21] | Can you hand me a paper towel? | 能递给我一张纸巾吗? |
[38:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:33] | If you wanna join me… | 一起玩吧 |
[38:40] | Round one. | 第一回合 |
[38:46] | You can come in. | 进来吧 |
[38:57] | K.O. Knockout. | |
[38:59] | You wanna play? | 想玩吗 |
[39:01] | I don’t know how. | 我不会 |
[39:04] | It’s easy. | 很简单 |
[39:05] | It’s easy. You’re a fighter, I’m sure. | 很简单 你是打手 我确定 |
[39:07] | The controller’s up on the… | 手柄在… |
[39:11] | Hold the big one in your right hand. | 右手拿住大的那个 |
[39:16] | You okay playing boxing? Yeah, yeah. | 打拳击你没事吧 没事 没事 |
[39:18] | Okay. | 那行 |
[39:19] | To block shots, you put your hands up. | 双手抬起来阻攻 |
[39:22] | Face. | 打脸 |
[39:24] | And you- You know, you lean and stuff. | 你可以倾斜等等 |
[39:26] | And then for swinging, you just swing. That’s it. | 出击 只要出击就行了 就是这样 |
[39:30] | All right? | 好吧 |
[39:31] | Round one. Fight. | 第一回合 开始 |
[39:43] | You gotta fight back. | 你该回击 |
[39:45] | Don’t forget your uppercut. | 别忘了你的上勾拳 |
[39:48] | One! Two! My guy’s, uh, on the ground. | 1 2 我的人 哦 躺地上了 |
[39:50] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[39:52] | Knockout! God. | K.O. 天啊 |
[39:55] | How do I hook my- You gotta swing. You gotta swing. It’s okay. | 我怎么钩住我的… 你出击 你出击 没事的 |
[39:58] | Easy. | 很简单 |
[40:03] | Yeah. Try and break through this. | 很好 试着从这里穿过去 |
[40:07] | Okay. That one… I gave you. | OK 那个… 我给你 |
[40:22] | K.O. Knockout! | |
[40:24] | Player one wins! Okay. | 选手1获胜 OK |
[40:26] | Well… | 好的… |
[40:31] | That it, or you got another one in you? | 就选这个 还是再换个角色 |
[40:35] | I thought so. | 我以为你要换 |
[40:54] | I didn’t see your car. | 我没看到你的车 |
[40:57] | I take Metro-North. | 我搭麦德龙来的 |
[41:02] | I’ll give you a lift. | 送你一程 |
[41:04] | No, that’s all right. | 不用了 没事 |
[41:05] | No, it’s too cold to wait for the train. | 不 等车太冷了 |
[41:09] | I don’t mind the cold. | 我不怕冷 |
[41:12] | Really, it’s okay. | 真的 没什么 |
[41:17] | Okay. | 那好吧 |
[41:18] | It’s typical for planets… | 典型的行星… It’s typical for planets… |
[41:20] | Like Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter… | 像水星 金星 火星 和木星… |
[41:22] | to have a period during their orbit… | 在它们的轨道中都有一个周期… |
[41:24] | In which they are obscured by the sun… | 太阳使他们变得模糊… |
[41:26] | and no long observable from Earth. | 从地球上看起来不明显 |
[41:28] | It’s called superior conjunction. | 被称为“上合” |
[41:30] | If they remain behind the sun… | 如果它们在太阳后面保持一定距离… |
[41:36] | So, are you from New Haven? | 你是从纽黑文来的吗 |
[41:39] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[41:41] | Still have family there? Mm-hmm. | 家人都在那里吗? 嗯… |
[41:47] | You like working at Maid in Haven? | 你喜欢在汉文当女仆吗 |
[41:51] | It’s all right. | 没什么 |
[41:52] | Yeah. Have you been doing it long? | 干多久了 |
[41:55] | Couple months. | 几个月 |
[41:58] | You see that Joan Tallis broadcast? Yeah. | 你听过琼.塔金斯的广播吗 听过 |
[42:00] | It’s crazy. I can’t stop thinking about it. | 真疯狂 我一直在想 |
[42:04] | Another me up there somewhere. | 另一个我在上面的某个地方 |
[42:09] | If you met yourself, what would you say? | 如果你见到你自己 你会说什么 |
[42:14] | ““Hey, you up for a video game?” | 嘿 你来打电子游戏吗 |
[42:19] | Probably beat me. | 可能会打我 |
[42:23] | What would you say? | 你会怎么说 |
[42:27] | “Better luck next time.”. | 下次走运点 |
[42:32] | Really? No, no. | 真的?不 不 |
[42:34] | No, I mean… | 不是 我的意思是… |
[42:35] | I’m sure I’d be speechless. | 我确定我会语塞 |
[42:44] | Up at the corner here is good. Right here, and then you can just… | 在上面的拐角处就行了 就是这儿 到时你就可以… |
[42:47] | No, I’ll take you to your house. Ls this it? | 不 我送你到你家 这是吗 |
[42:49] | Yeah, okay. Right. Turn. | 是的 OK 右拐 |
[42:55] | Yeah, just to the side behind the van. Okay. | 好的 就在货车后面 |
[43:04] | All right. So I’ll see you next week. Yeah. | 那么 下周见 好 |
[43:06] | Thanks for the lift. Sure. | 谢谢你送我 没事 |
[43:09] | Oh, um, you know… | 哦 嗯 不好意思… |
[43:11] | I’m sorry. My memory’s not what it used to be. I forgot your name. | 对不起 我的记性不好 我忘记你的名字了 |
[43:16] | I don’t think I ever told you. | 我不觉得我告诉过你 |
[43:19] | Really? | 真的? |
[43:21] | That’s not very polite of me. So, it’s… | 那恕我冒昧 你叫… |
[43:26] | Rhoda. | 罗达 |
[43:30] | Rhoda. All right. | 罗达 记住了 |
[43:34] | Good night, Rhoda. I’ll see you next week. | 晚安 罗达 下周见 |
[43:38] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[44:14] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[44:16] | Keep your mind clear. | 清除一切杂念 |
[44:19] | And that’s it. | 就是这样 |
[44:21] | You will have peace of mind. | 你会有一个平静的思想 |
[44:24] | My dear, don’t worry. | 亲爱的 别担心 |
[44:27] | Learn to adjust yourself. | 学会调整自己 |
[44:35] | The distance is not inordinately great. | 距离不是无限大 |
[44:37] | But one of the challenges you have… | 但你需要挑战… |
[44:40] | on interplanetary travel… | 星际旅行… |
[44:43] | is prolonged weightless conditions. | 在连续失重环境下 |
[44:45] | You’re in Zero ”G. ”. | 你的重量为0 |
[44:47] | There is a possibility of cosmic rays coming from stars, | 可能有来自其他星球的宇宙射线 |
[44:51] | and that could be dangerous to them. | 对你非常危险 |
[44:54] | But once there, | 但一旦到达那里 |
[44:55] | you have no idea what you Te about to encounter. | 你将会对你的遭遇束手无策 |
[44:58] | What really are the beings on this other planet like? | 那个星球上存在的事物长什么样 |
[45:38] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[45:40] | I tried to do too much. | 我试过太多次 |
[45:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[45:56] | You know that story of the Russian cosmonaut? | 你知道那个俄国宇航员的故事吗 |
[46:00] | Mm-mmm. | 嗯哼 |
[46:05] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[46:08] | So, the cosmonaut. Mm-hmm. | 宇航员 嗯哼 |
[46:11] | He’s the first man ever to go into space. | 他是第一个到太空的人类 |
[46:14] | Right? The Russians beat the Americans. | 俄国击败了美国 对吗? |
[46:17] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯哼 |
[46:18] | So he goes up in this big spaceship, | 他走上了这个大飞船 |
[46:21] | but the only habitable part of it’s very small. | 但可居住的地方实在太小 |
[46:25] | So the cosmonaut’s in there, | 宇航员只能在那里 |
[46:27] | and he’s got this portal window, | 他只能通过这么大一个窗口 |
[46:29] | and he’s looking out of it, and he sees the curvature of the Earth… | 看外面 他第一次… |
[46:34] | for the first time. | 看到地球的弧线 |
[46:36] | I mean, the first man to ever look at the planet he’s from. | 我是说 人类第一次看到自己居住的地球 |
[46:42] | And he’s lost in that moment. | 那时他陶醉了 |
[46:45] | And all of a sudden this strange ticking… | 突然 奇怪的嘀嗒声… |
[46:55] | begins coming out of the dashboard. | 从仪表盘处传来 |
[46:56] | Okay. Yeah. | 嗯 |
[46:59] | Rips out the control panel, right? Takes out his tools. | 从仪表盘传来 拿出他的工具 |
[47:03] | Trying to find the sound, trying to stop the sound. | 想找到这个声音 想停止这个声音 |
[47:06] | But he can’t find it. He can’t stop it. It keeps going. | 但他找不到 更停不了 嘀嗒声持续着… |
[47:14] | Few hours into this, | 几小时后 |
[47:16] | begins to feel like torture. | 他感到难受 |
[47:18] | A few days go by with this sound, | 这个声音一直陪伴了他几天后 |
[47:22] | and he knows that this small sound… | 他知道这个小声音会… |
[47:28] | will break him. | 击倒他 |
[47:30] | He’ll lose his mind. | 他会发狂 |
[47:32] | What’s he gonna do? He’s up in space, | 他会怎么做呢 他在太空 |
[47:36] | alone, in a space closet. | 独自一人 穿着太空服 |
[47:39] | He’s got 25 days left to go… | 他只剩下25天就要… |
[47:42] | with this sound. | 带着这个声音返回地球了 |
[47:45] | So the cosmonaut decides… | 因此他决定… |
[47:47] | the only way to save his sanity… | 保持头脑清醒的唯一方法 |
[47:50] | is to fall in love with this sound. | 就是爱上这个声音 |
[47:56] | So he closes his eyes… | 他闭上眼睛 |
[48:02] | and he goes into his imagination, | 进入想像 |
[48:09] | and then he opens them. | 再睁开眼睛 |
[48:13] | He doesn’t hear ticking any more. | 他再也听不到这个声音了 |
[48:17] | He hears music. | 他听到的是音乐 |
[48:21] | And he spends the remainder of his time… | 他剩下的时间 |
[48:25] | sailing through space in total bliss… | 欣喜地 平静地 |
[48:31] | and peace. | 从在太空中度过 |
[48:46] | Why… are you cleaning houses? | 为什么… 你在打扫房间吗 |
[48:51] | I like to clean. | 我喜欢打扫 |
[48:53] | Nobody likes to clean. | 没有人喜欢打扫 |
[48:56] | Some people build houses, some people decorate them, | 一些人建房 一些人装修 |
[49:01] | some people clean them. | 一些人打扫 |
[49:07] | How old are you? Did you go to college? | 你多大了 上过大学吗 |
[49:12] | No. | 没有 |
[49:14] | I read. | 我理解 |
[49:19] | A wise choice. | 明智的选择 |
[49:22] | I was a college professor. You learn more doing it by yourself. | 我以前是大学教授 自己动手才会学到更多 |
[49:38] | Did you hear about that contest? | 你听说过那个比赛吗 |
[49:41] | Mmm? | 嗯? |
[49:42] | – The shuttle to Earth Two? – Mmm. | – 到地球2号旅行 – 嗯 |
[49:46] | I submitted an essay. | 我提交了我的申请 |
[49:53] | You did? | 你提交了 |
[49:57] | It’s silly. | 我知道很蠢 |
[50:03] | You’d go? | 你会去吗 |
[50:10] | Yes. | 会 |
[50:12] | You don’t know what’s out there. | 你不知道那外面怎么样 |
[50:17] | That’s why I would go. | 那正是我要去的原因 |
[50:20] | It’s a bad idea. | 不是个好主意 |
[50:25] | In Plato’s allegory of the cave, the people living in the cave… | 柏拉图的洞穴寓言中说人们住在洞穴中 |
[50:34] | All they knew, what was in the cave, | 他们所知道的仅仅只有这个洞穴 |
[50:36] | and one day one of them gets out… | 某一天 其中一个人走出去… |
[50:38] | and goes out and… | 走出去… |
[50:40] | sees the real world, comes back and tells the others. | 看到真实的世界 回来告诉他们 |
[50:44] | You know what happened to him? They beat him up. | 你知道他怎么样了 他被群殴了 |
[50:49] | They didn’t believe it. “That can’t be, ” they said. | 他们不相信 他们说“不可能” |
[50:55] | I don’t think we’re ready to know what’s out there. | 我不认为我们已准备知道外面有什么了 |
[50:57] | It’s a bad idea. | 不是个好主意 |
[50:59] | So you’d rather stay in the cave? | 你更喜欢住在洞穴里? |
[51:01] | I mean, if Galileo had felt that, | 我是说 如果伽利略认为 |
[51:03] | we’d still think we’re the center of the universe, that the sun is orbiting us. | 我们仍然认为我们是宇宙的中心 太阳是绕着我们转的话 |
[51:06] | I mean- They tried to burn him at the stake for that. | 我是说 他就不会差点因此被烧死 |
[51:08] | Yeah, maybe they should have. | 是的 也许吧 |
[51:11] | We still think we’re the center of the universe. | 如果这样的话 我们仍然认为我们是宇宙的中心 |
[51:13] | We call ourselves Earth One, and them Earth Two. | 我们称自己地球1号 称他们地球2号 |
[51:15] | You think they called themselves Earth Two? | 你认为他们也叫自己地球2号? |
[51:17] | Probably not. Did you wash that? | 应该不会 你洗了那个吗 Probably not. Did you wash that? |
[51:19] | Did you wash that sweater? Yeah. Yes. I didn’t dry it. I… | 你洗了那个毛衣吗? 是的 是的 我没弄干 我… Did you wash that sweater? Yeah. Yes. I didn’t dry it. I… |
[51:23] | I laid it- Give me that. | 把它晾起来了 把它给我 |
[51:27] | Why did you wash that? | 你为什么要洗它 |
[51:31] | Stop washing things. Just stop washing things! | 不要洗了 不要再洗了 |
[51:34] | Leave them alone! Please! Just go! | 不要管它们 拜托 你走吧 |
[51:46] | This isn’t a planet with little green men and blue avatars. | 这不是一个有小绿人和蓝阿凡达的星球 |
[51:50] | It’s essentially a mirror Earth. | 它实质上是一个镜像地球 |
[51:52] | If we strike them, they could strike us. | 如果我们打他们 他们也会打我们 |
[51:55] | If we attempt to enslave them, they could enslave us. | 如果我们想征服他们 他们也会征服我们 |
[51:59] | It’s the perfect scenario for mutually assured destruction. | 这是一个互相摧毁的完美方案 |
[52:18] | Preparations are nearing completion… | 到地球2号的星际旅行 |
[52:20] | for interplanetary travel to Earth Two. | 准备即将完成 |
[52:23] | The modifed Saturn 5 rocket has undergone rigorous testing… | 改良的土星5号火箭为迎合联邦宇航方针 |
[52:26] | fo meet federal aerospace guidelines. | 经过了严格的测试 |
[52:29] | Protesters are calling this a modern-day Tower of Babel. | 有人称之为当今巴别塔 |
[52:32] | Where’s Purdeep? | 波迪普去哪了 |
[52:34] | Checked out. | 出去了 |
[52:36] | When’s he coming back? | 他什么时候回来 |
[52:38] | I don’t think he is. | 回不来了 |
[52:40] | Poured bleach in his ears. | 他把漂白水弄进眼睛里了 |
[52:43] | What? | 什么 |
[52:45] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[52:48] | Why would he do that? | 他怎么搞的 |
[52:50] | Look. I don’t know. I mean, why’d he pour bleach in his eyes? | 我也不知道 他怎么把漂白水弄到眼睛里了 |
[52:57] | He blinded himself? Yeah. | 他把自己弄瞎了 是的 |
[53:00] | You didn’t know? | 你还不知道? |
[53:04] | He said he was tired of seeing himself everywhere. | 他说他在任何地方都能看到自己 太累了 |
[53:48] | Hi. Hi. | 嘿 嘿 |
[53:50] | Um, would you mind coming around to the passenger side? | 你介意过来坐副驾驶座吗 |
[53:54] | Just ’cause there’s traffic and- Oh. | 因为那里的交通… 哦 |
[54:05] | I tried to reach you at your work, but they said they had never heard of you. | 我去你工作的地方找你 但他们说从没听说过你 |
[54:11] | Um, management changes there all the time. | 嗯 他们总是时不时的换领导 |
[54:13] | Is that why none of my checks have been cashed? | 我给你的支票是不是都没有去提现 |
[54:18] | That’s weird. I- It must’ve slipped through their books. | 怪了 我… 可能他们忘了记录了吧 |
[54:21] | I mean, I’ve been getting paid, so… | 我是说 我得到了工资 因此… |
[54:23] | Okay. Well… | OK 没什么 |
[54:25] | Anyway, that’s… | 不管怎样 |
[54:28] | That’s not why I’m here. I wanted to apologize for the other day. | 我来不说为了说这个的 我是为那天的事来给你道歉的 |
[54:31] | You know, I just- I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have been… | 嗯 我只是… 对不起 我不该 |
[54:34] | touching things in your room. No, it’s not… | 动你房间的东西 不 不是 |
[54:36] | It’s not your fault. I should not have gotten upset. | 不是你的错 我不该不高兴 |
[54:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[54:44] | Can I take you somewhere… | 我能带你去个地方吗 |
[54:45] | and show- show you something? | 给你看样东西 |
[54:48] | Right now? | 现在吗 |
[54:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[54:52] | I have to help my mom out, but- Please, | 我得去帮我妈妈 求你了 |
[54:55] | come with me? | 跟我去吧 |
[55:23] | The best seat in the house is this row, right here. | 这个房间最好的座位就是这一排 |
[55:26] | Uh, it’s the one in the middle. | 中间的那个 |
[55:45] | OK | Okay. |
[56:10] | Just a little out of tune. | 有点不协调 |
[56:21] | That’s better, huh? | 好点了 是吧 |
[1:00:26] | I’d finally got to a content place in my life. | 我曾经有一个满足的家庭 |
[1:00:32] | Our son was five, and my wife was pregnant with a girl. | 我们有个5岁的儿子 我妻子还怀着一个女孩 |
[1:00:38] | And then… | 没想到… |
[1:00:43] | they were killed. | 他们全死了 |
[1:00:47] | Drunk driver. A teenager. | 酒后驾驶 一个年轻人 |
[1:00:51] | I was in a coma. | 我昏迷了 |
[1:00:55] | And I was sleeping all the time. | 我每天都昏昏欲睡 |
[1:00:59] | And I was so… angry. | 我非常… 愤怒 |
[1:01:03] | So afraid of what I might do to that kid. You know? | 我担心我会杀了那个年轻人 你知道吗 |
[1:01:08] | So I made sure my brother got all the court documents. | 我让我兄弟拿到所有法庭的文件 |
[1:01:13] | The driver was a minor, so I never found out the name. | 驾驶员还未成年 因此我无法知道她的名字 |
[1:01:18] | Are you still there? | 你在听吗 |
[1:02:43] | He can’t hear or see anything. | 他完全听不到和看不见了 |
[1:02:47] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[1:02:48] | Thank you. You’re welcome. | 谢谢 不客气 |
[1:03:04] | Rhoda. | 罗达 |
[1:03:26] | You are wondering why. | 你一定想知道为什么吧 |
[1:03:35] | No. | 不 |
[1:03:37] | No. | 不 |
[1:03:40] | No. | 不 |
[1:03:41] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[1:03:54] | F-O-R-G-I-V-E(原谅) | |
[1:05:06] | Oh, Rhoda. | 哦 罗达 |
[1:05:07] | Yeah, I got some information you might want to hear. | 我有一些或许你想知道的事 |
[1:05:11] | Shoot a three for it. | 投个三分先 |
[1:05:16] | Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. Wait. Wait. | 好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 好吧 等等 等等 |
[1:05:19] | Um, I’ll give you a hint. | 嗯 给你点提示吧 |
[1:05:22] | Do you wanna get high? | 你想长高吗? |
[1:05:26] | With you? | 和你一样? |
[1:05:28] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[1:05:29] | Do you want to get high? | 你想去那上面吗 |
[1:05:41] | They called. | 他们打电话来了 |
[1:05:43] | Number’s on your door. | 号码在你的门上 |
[1:05:46] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[1:05:48] | Seriously. | 真的 |
[1:05:58] | Wait. Hey. | 等一下 嘿 |
[1:06:00] | You better write back to me this time, okay? | 记得给我写信 行吗 |
[1:06:41] | United Space Ventures, Keith Harding’s office. | 美国太空合资企业 基思.哈定办公室 |
[1:06:46] | Hello. This is, uh, Rhoda Williams. | 你好 我是 罗达.威廉姆斯 |
[1:06:49] | My brother gave me this number. | 我弟弟给我的这个号码 |
[1:06:52] | Rhoda, yes. Just a moment. | 罗达 好的 请稍等 |
[1:07:00] | Rhoda? Yes. | 罗达 是的 |
[1:07:02] | Hi. It’s Keith Harding. I got your letter. | 你好 我是基思.哈定 我收到你的信了 |
[1:07:06] | I was very moved by it. | 我非常感动 |
[1:07:09] | You know, when I was 15, | 当我15岁的时候 |
[1:07:11] | my headmaster said to me- he said, uh, | 我的校长对我说 他说 嗯 |
[1:07:14] | “Harding, yo’ll either go to prison or be a millionaire.” | 哈定 你以后要么进监狱 要么成为百万富翁 |
[1:07:18] | Yeah, well’ I’m… | 呵呵 |
[1:07:20] | I’m grateful it was the latter. | 我很高兴我成为了后者 |
[1:07:23] | But, uh, it’s a fine line. | 这将是一次美好的旅行 |
[1:07:26] | And finer than you would think. | 并且比你想像的更好 |
[1:07:29] | You still want to go to space, Rhoda? | 你还想去太空吗 罗达 |
[1:07:31] | Do I… | 我能… |
[1:07:33] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:07:35] | Well you can. | 你可以 |
[1:07:37] | The seat is yours. | 座位是你的了 |
[1:07:40] | Kerry’ll be in touch with you with the details. | 凯里会和你联系谈一下细节问题 |
[1:07:44] | I’ll see you soon. | 我们很快会见面的 |
[1:08:10] | – Within our lifetimes, – We have marveled. | – 在我们整个生命中 – 我们感到惊讶 |
[1:08:12] | As biologists have managed to look at ever smaller and smaller things. | 生物学家研究的东西越来越小 |
[1:08:17] | And astronomers have looked further and further… | 天文学家把时间和外太空 |
[1:08:20] | into the dark night sky, back in time and out in space. | 看得越来越远 |
[1:08:25] | But maybe the most mysterious of all… | 但最神秘的东西可能 |
[1:08:27] | Is neither the small nor the large. | 不是大和小 |
[1:08:30] | It’s us, up close. | 而是上面 靠近上面 |
[1:08:34] | Could we even recognize ourselves? | 我们还认出我们自己吗 |
[1:08:36] | And if we did, would we know ourselves? | 如果能 我们怎么去认识我们自己 |
[1:08:40] | What would we say to ourselves? | 我们会对另一个我说些什么 |
[1:08:42] | What would we learn from ourselves? | 我们会从另一个我那里学到些什么 |
[1:08:45] | What would we really like to see… | 我们真正想看到的是什么 |
[1:08:47] | if we could stand outside ourselves… | 我们是否能站在自己之外看待自己 |
[1:08:50] | and look at us? | 和别人 |
[1:10:50] | Hi. | 嘿 |
[1:10:52] | A nice surprise. | 令人惊讶啊 |
[1:10:55] | You’re all dressed up. | 你穿得真漂亮 |
[1:10:59] | Do you remember that essay contest I told you about? | 你还记得我给你说过那篇 |
[1:11:02] | Travel to Earth Two? | 到地球2号旅行申请吗? |
[1:11:04] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[1:11:07] | I won. | 我成功了 |
[1:11:10] | I’m gonna go to space. | 我可以去太空了 |
[1:11:12] | You won. That’s great. | 你成功了 很好 |
[1:11:16] | That’s fantastic. We have to celebrate. Come here. | 真不可思议 值得庆祝 过来 |
[1:11:19] | Come on. We have to. | 过来 庆祝一下 |
[1:11:21] | Come here. We have to celebrate. | 过来 庆祝一下 |
[1:11:23] | First things first… | 第一件事 首先 |
[1:11:25] | is to start with a drink. | 喝杯酒 |
[1:11:28] | We have to celebrate. | 我们庆祝一下 |
[1:11:31] | I can’t believe… | 真不敢相信 |
[1:11:33] | How many people- How many people wrote in? | 多少人 多少人提交过申请 |
[1:11:35] | That is… | 真的是… |
[1:11:41] | I’m so happy for you. | 我真为你感到高兴 |
[1:11:45] | To the coming true of your most improbable dream. | 为了你的不大可能的梦想成真 |
[1:11:48] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[1:11:58] | Next step is a feast. | 下一步 宴会 |
[1:12:02] | I’m gonna cook you a celebration feast. Yeah. | 我将为你做一顿庆祝宴 |
[1:12:04] | Okay? Okay. | 好吗 好 |
[1:12:06] | Okay, uh, food. We need food first. | 好的 食品 我们首先需要食品 |
[1:12:15] | And… | 他们… |
[1:12:17] | do they know how prepared you are? | 知道你准备得怎么样了吗 |
[1:12:20] | I mean, with the Joan Tallis costume, for Halloween? | 我是说万圣节前夜的琼.塔利斯服装 |
[1:12:24] | I will be fully trained in the Mojave Desert. | 我将在莫哈韦宇航中心进行所有的训练 |
[1:12:26] | Oh. Well, that’s comforting. | 嗯 很不错 |
[1:12:29] | They made me sign this waiver. | 他们让我签署这份生死状 |
[1:12:31] | Basically every other line of it says, “lf you die, it’s your fault.”. | 他们只是想说“如果你死了,你自己负责” |
[1:12:35] | And you seem- you seem totally okay with that. | 你看起来 看起来完全没问题 |
[1:12:42] | You know, you’ll need an executor for your will. | 你需要找一个遗嘱执行人 |
[1:12:45] | Do you have one? | 你有吗 |
[1:12:47] | No, but I don’t have anything. | 没有 我没有任何东西 |
[1:12:50] | Okay, so nothing to no one. | 好吧 任何人都有自己的东西 |
[1:12:53] | Sounds pretty easy. I think I could handle that. | 听起来很简单嘛 我想我自己能处理好 |
[1:12:56] | Um, burial or cremation? | 嗯 土埋还是火葬 |
[1:13:00] | I think my body would probably burn up on reentry. | 我想我的尸体会在返航时火葬吧 |
[1:13:03] | Or be lost in space, so… | 或者丢到太空 |
[1:13:06] | Okay. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. | OK 灰飞烟灭 |
[1:13:14] | We’ll have to hold a memorial service. | 我们会为你开追悼会的 |
[1:13:18] | Who would you like to attend? | 你要出席吗 |
[1:13:23] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:13:27] | You? | 你呢 |
[1:13:36] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[1:13:41] | Please don’t go. | 求你别走 |
[1:13:46] | We’re so close to something here. | 在这里我们这么亲密 |
[1:13:56] | We can’t. | 我们不能在一起 |
[1:13:58] | Why can’t we? | 为什么 |
[1:14:02] | You know that we can’t. I know that we have. | 你知道我们不能 我只知道我们已经在一起了 |
[1:14:07] | Stay, please? | 留下来 求你了 |
[1:14:39] | Let me tell you a story. | 我给你讲个故事吧 |
[1:14:45] | And if, after, you still want me to stay, | 如果你听后还希望我留下 |
[1:14:51] | I will Stay. | 那么我会留下 |
[1:15:02] | It’s about a girl. | 关于一个女孩的故事 |
[1:15:08] | At the start, she’s… | 开始 她很 |
[1:15:12] | naive, | 天真 |
[1:15:16] | reckless. | 鲁莽 |
[1:15:21] | She does something that is… | 她做了一些 |
[1:15:26] | unforgivable. | 无法原谅的事 |
[1:15:32] | And one day, she goes to apologize. | 一天 她去道歉 |
[1:15:38] | But she loses her nerve. | 但她没有勇气 |
[1:15:44] | She’s weak. | 她很脆弱 |
[1:15:47] | She lies to him. | 她对他撒了谎 |
[1:15:55] | And then… | 那时 |
[1:15:59] | she thinks that she might, in the smallest ways, | 她认为她可以以一种最小的方式 |
[1:16:04] | be able to make his life just a little bit better. | 来使他的生活更好的点 |
[1:16:10] | And so she wakes up every day just to do that. | 她每天醒来的事情就是那样做 |
[1:16:17] | And some days she thinks it’s for him. | 有时候她认为是为了他 |
[1:16:20] | Other days, she worries that it’s for herself, | 有时候她担心是为了自己 |
[1:16:24] | that it was really just a way to survive what I have done. | 从那件事后 只这样才会使我有一点心安 |
[1:16:28] | But I think that I do make you happy. | 但我认为我的确令让你感到开心了 |
[1:16:32] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[1:16:33] | I know that you make me happy. | 我知道你令我感到开心 |
[1:16:51] | It was my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[1:16:59] | I killed your wife and your son. | 是我撞死了你的妻儿 |
[1:17:04] | You better leave. | 你最好离开 |
[1:17:11] | Get out. | 滚出去 |
[1:17:16] | Get out now! | 滚出去 赶紧 |
[1:17:23] | Now! | 赶紧 |
[1:17:52] | – The mistery fight member. – Is 21-year-old RhodaWilliams, | – 神秘的选手 – 21岁的罗达.威廉姆斯 |
[1:17:55] | who is rumored to be an ex-convict. | 据说是一个前科犯 |
[1:17:58] | Her records are of limit to the public, | 她的记录不对公众开放 |
[1:18:00] | as the alleged crime occurred when she was under age. | 据说她未成年时犯过罪 |
[1:18:03] | There are reports of offers up to three million dollars on the Web… | 网上报道 美国太空合资公司飞船的票价 |
[1:18:06] | for a ticket aboard USV’s flight. | 已经卖到了三百万美元 |
[1:18:09] | We’re getting word now that she’s arriving at her residence in New HaVen, | 我们收到消息说她正在回纽黑文住宅的路上 |
[1:18:11] | where Robert Hughes is standing by. Oh. Oh. Can you get… | 罗伯特.休斯正在那里蹲守 哦 哦 你能… |
[1:18:14] | Right here. | 在那儿 在那儿 |
[1:18:17] | Rhoda, are you going to space? | 罗达 你要去太空了吗 |
[1:18:21] | Rhoda Williams. Rhoda. | 罗达.威廉姆斯 罗达 |
[1:18:25] | Just one photo. | 拍张照片而已 |
[1:18:28] | Rhoda. | 罗达 |
[1:18:30] | You couldn’t have told us? | 你怎么没告诉我们 |
[1:18:32] | We had to find out from the media? I ju… | 我们看新闻才知道 我才… |
[1:18:35] | I just found out. | 我也才知道 |
[1:18:37] | I wasn’t sure I wanted to go. I didn’t… | 我先还不确定我去不去 我… |
[1:18:39] | Are you going? | 你会去吗 |
[1:18:43] | I’m gonna go. | 我要去 |
[1:18:46] | Well, now- now, wait a minute. | 好吧 那 那等一下 |
[1:18:47] | I mean, don’t you think we- we should have a discussion about this? | 我们能 能谈谈这件事吗 |
[1:18:50] | Oh, they’re in the backyard now. | 哦 他们跑到后院来了 |
[1:18:54] | Look, Rob- Rhoda. Rhoda. | 瞧瞧 罗 罗达 罗达 |
[1:19:24] | Joining me now from Washington, D.C. | 和我一起来关注来自华盛顿特区的 |
[1:19:26] | Astrophysicist Dr. Richard Berendzen, | 天体物理学家Richard Berendzen博士 |
[1:19:29] | the original proponent of this extraordinary Broken Mirror Theory. | 神奇的破碎镜像理论的创始人 |
[1:19:33] | Dr. Berendzen, tell me the significance of this theory, | Berendzen博士 请说说这个理论的意思 |
[1:19:36] | why it excites you and how this changes… | 它为何令你如此兴奋 以及它怎么改变 |
[1:19:38] | the possibilities of the planet known as Earth Two. | 已知的地球2号 |
[1:19:42] | In the grand history of the cosmos, | 我们伟大的宇宙 |
[1:19:44] | more than 13,000 million years old, | 它已经有超过了1300亿年的历史了 |
[1:19:48] | our Earth is replicated elsewhere. | 在其他很多地方都有我们地球的复制品 |
[1:19:51] | But maybe there’s another way of seeing this world. | 但如果用另一种方式观察世界 |
[1:19:54] | If any small variation arises… | 任何细微的变化 |
[1:19:58] | they look this way you look that way… | 他们那样看 你们这样看 |
[1:20:02] | suddeny maybe everything changes, | 可能突然所有的事情都改变了 |
[1:20:05] | and now you begin to wonder, | 现在你会想知道 and now you begin to wonder, |
[1:20:08] | what else is different? | 到底有什么不一样 what else is different? |
[1:20:11] | Or one might say that .. | 一种可能就是 Or one might say that .. |
[1:20:13] | You have an exact mirror image which suddenly is shattered, | 你们的镜子突然被打碎了 |
[1:20:17] | and there’s a new reality. | 镜中的像就成为了一个新的实体而存在 |
[1:20:20] | And there in lies the opportunity .. | 那在于时机 |
[1:20:23] | And the mystery. | 和神秘 |
[1:20:26] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[1:20:27] | What new? What now? | 新的是什么 现在是什么 |
[1:21:17] | Stay away! | 一边去 |
[1:21:24] | Get away from me. | 离我远点 |
[1:21:26] | Please let me in. Please. Just- Stay- Stay away from me! | 让我进去 求你了 离 离 我远点 |
[1:21:30] | Stay away! | 一边去 |
[1:22:07] | John? | 约翰 |
[1:22:43] | – John? – Stay away from me. | – 约翰 – 离我远点 |
[1:22:46] | John, please let me in. | 约翰 求你让我进去 |
[1:22:48] | Stay away from me! Open the door. | 离我远点 开门 |
[1:22:50] | I’m warning you, stay away from me! Please. | 警告你 离我远点 求你了 |
[1:22:52] | I have something I have to explain. I have to tell you. Please. | 我有些事要给你解释 我必须告诉你 求你了 |
[1:22:55] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[1:22:56] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[1:23:04] | John. | 约翰 |
[1:23:07] | Do it. | 掐死我吧 |
[1:24:02] | I heard on TV about a theory. | 我从电视上听到了一个理论 |
[1:24:09] | They think… | 他们认为 |
[1:24:12] | that the moment we first saw the other Earth… | 我们第一次看见另一个地球的时候 |
[1:24:17] | was the moment our synchronicity was broken. | 正是两个地球同步性被打破的时候 |
[1:24:26] | That was just over four years ago. | 刚好是4年前 |
[1:24:33] | Maybe they’re up there. | 你的家人可能在上面 |
[1:24:36] | Maybe not, but… | 也可能不在 但是 |
[1:24:41] | maybe. | 可能 |
[1:25:47] | We are just days before the launch… | 我们离美国太空合资企业民用飞船发射 |
[1:25:50] | of the United Space Ventures’ civilian shuttle. | 只有几天时间了 |
[1:25:52] | Members of the crew of this dangerous Voyage… | 这次危险航行的全体成员 |
[1:25:54] | have been training intensely here at the Mojave Spaceport. | 正在莫哈韦宇航中心进行严格的训练 |
[1:25:57] | The media blackout was finally lifted .. | 在今早的记者招待会上 |
[1:25:59] | With a press conference early this morning. | 媒体的闪光灯让人头晕目眩 |
[1:26:01] | I’m feeling privileged, | 我感到很荣幸 |
[1:26:04] | and | 以及 |
[1:26:06] | oddly, I’m proud. | 奇妙 我很自豪 |
[1:26:10] | And of course, nervous and excited. | 当然 还有紧张和兴奋 |
[1:26:13] | The modified Saturn 5 rocket… | 改良的土星5号火箭 |
[1:26:16] | See you, Freddie. Has undergone rigorous testing… | 再见 弗雷迪 经过了严格的测试 |