时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | This is Harvey Specter. He’s our best closer. | 这是哈维·斯佩克特 我们最棒的律师 |
[00:03] | Recruiting, your interviews are set up for tomorrow. | 我们要纳新 面试时间定在明天 |
[00:05] | I work better alone anyway. | 我单枪匹马效果更好 |
[00:07] | We only hire from Harvard, | 我们只招哈佛毕业生 |
[00:08] | and you haven’t even gone to any law school. | 而你甚至连法学院都没读过 |
[00:10] | What if I told you that I consume knowledge | 如果我告诉你我对知识的吸收能力 |
[00:12] | like no one you’ve ever met, | 强于任何人 |
[00:13] | and I’ve actually passed the bar. | 并通过了律师资格考试呢 |
[00:14] | Okay, hotshot, fire up this laptop. | 行啊 牛人 把这笔记本打开 |
[00:16] | Stock option backdating… | 股票期权回溯 |
[00:17] | …Under IRC section 409A… | 但根据国内税收法第409A条规定 |
[00:20] | You forgot about Sarbanes-Oxley. | 你漏掉了萨班斯-奥克斯利法案 |
[00:21] | Impressive, but you’re sitting at a computer. | 反驳得不错 不过你坐在电脑前 |
[00:23] | Playing hearts. If you want to beat me, | 玩着红心大战 想考倒我的话 |
[00:25] | you’re going to have to do it as something else. | 你得拿法律以外的问题对付我 |
[00:27] | How can you know all that? | 那些你是怎么知道的 |
[00:28] | Once I read something, I understand it. | 凡是读过的东西 我就能理解 |
[00:30] | And once I understand it, | 理解之后 |
[00:32] | I never forget it. | 就永远不会忘记 |
[00:33] | I’m inclined to give you a shot. | 我想给你这个机会 |
[00:34] | But if they find out I lied about you going to Harvard, | 如果他们再发现你上过哈佛也是谎话的话 |
[00:37] | – they’ll take away my license. – You what? | -我的执照就要被吊销了 -你说什么 |
[00:39] | Not now, Donna. | 现在不是时候 唐娜 |
[00:40] | The Harvard law school alumni database? | 这不是哈佛法学院的校友库吗 |
[00:42] | I’m not saying you won’t get caught, | 我不是说你不会被抓住 |
[00:43] | but it won’t be because your story doesn’t check. | 但不会因资料不符被抓 |
[00:46] | I’m Rachel Zane. | 你好 我是瑞秋·赞恩 |
[00:46] | I’ll be giving you your orientation. | 我会带你熟悉一下环境 |
[00:48] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[00:49] | Harvey’s your commanding officer. | 哈维是你的直接上级 |
[00:51] | However, Louis Litt, he oversees all associates, | 而路易·利特则负责管理所有的助理 |
[00:53] | so you’ll also answer to him. | 所以你也得听命于他 |
[00:54] | Welcome to Pearson Hardman. | 欢迎来到皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[00:56] | How many more chances are you gonna give that kid? | 你还要给那孩子多少次机会 |
[00:57] | I didn’t realize we were keeping score. | 我不知道我们还计分呢 |
[00:59] | But if that’s the case, I still think he’s coming out ahead. | 就算这么说 他也还是遥遥领先 |
[01:01] | This habit of you empathizing with every client, | 你对每个客户都同情心泛滥的习惯 |
[01:04] | it’s not getting you anywhere. | 对你没有好处 |
[01:05] | You need to deal with information that can hold up. | 就得学会只和可靠的信息打交道 |
[01:07] | That’s what a real lawyer does. | 这才是真正的律师的做法 |
[01:09] | – Why? – What? – Fire me. | -为什么 -什么 -辞退我 |
[01:10] | Why would you do that to me? | 为什么要那样对我 |
[01:11] | Life is this. | 常人的生活平淡无奇 |
[01:14] | I like this. | 而我喜欢高人一等 |
[01:15] | It’s tough to have a relationship with the first year | 不管是和律所的新人还是老人谈恋爱 |
[01:18] | or any year. | 都很不容易 |
[01:21] | You’re playing with me, and you know it. | 你只是跟我玩玩 你明明知道 |
[01:22] | You kept flirting with me long after you started dating her. | 你在跟她在一起很久之后 还一直跟我调情 |
[01:25] | How ’bout you find yourself some other paralegal? | 去找别的律师助理吧 |
[01:27] | Because as far as I’m concerned, we’re done. | 我不想和你有任何瓜葛了 |
[01:29] | – So how did you two meet? – I dated his best friend. | -你们是怎么认识的 -我之前跟他好朋友谈过恋爱 |
[01:31] | You always liked her. | 你一直喜欢她 |
[01:32] | But nothing happened until Trevor and I were totally done. | 但是我和特雷弗彻底结束前我们之间什么都没发生 |
[01:34] | – Never? – Well, we did kiss once. | -一点都没有吗 -我们接过一次吻 |
[01:36] | – I can’t. – It’s a real firm. | -不行 -那是家真实存在的公司 |
[01:38] | But you can’t tell anyone, ever. | 你不能跟任何人说 永远不能 |
[01:40] | This guy is not your friend. | 那家伙不是你朋友 |
[01:41] | He is an anchor dragging you down. | 他只能拖你后腿 |
[01:43] | Get rid of him. | 甩掉他吧 |
[01:44] | He is my oldest friend. | 他是我交情最久的朋友 |
[01:45] | I know you’re seeing Jenny, | 我知道你在跟珍妮约会 |
[01:47] | but I can’t stop thinking about the kiss. | 但我忘不了那一吻 |
[01:51] | I’m Trevor Evans. | 我是特雷弗·埃文斯 |
[01:52] | – I’m a friend of Mike Ross. – Yes? | -我是迈克·罗斯的朋友 -什么事 |
[01:53] | I wish I didn’t have to do this. | 我真希望我不必如此 |
[01:54] | There’s something you need to know about it. | 有件事你该知道 |
[01:56] | Something Harvey Specter hasn’t told you. | 哈维·斯佩克特有事瞒着你 |
[02:36] | Nervous? | 紧张吗 |
[02:39] | I’d be lying if I said no. | 如果我说不紧张那肯定是在撒谎 |
[02:41] | Well, I wouldn’t want you to lie. | 还是别对我撒谎吧 |
[02:44] | – She knows. – She can’t. | -她都知道了 -不可能 |
[02:46] | She does. | 是真的 |
[02:47] | What’s holding on my Swinton merger? | 我的斯温顿并购案遇到什么麻烦了 |
[02:48] | Are you kidding me? | 你是在跟我开玩笑吗 |
[02:49] | We’ve been over this, okay? | 这事儿到此为止吧 |
[02:50] | If she knew, you’d know. | 如果她知道了 你也会知道的 |
[02:52] | I do know. The woman barely knows my name, | 我知道 那个女人连我叫什么都不知道 |
[02:54] | and she just summoned me for dinner. | 居然叫我跟她一起吃饭 |
[02:55] | What is so funny? | 有什么好笑的 |
[02:56] | Watson, Klyman, Gallo, Goldberg, and Specter. | 华生 克莱曼 加洛 高德伯格 斯佩克特 |
[02:59] | Why are you naming– | 为什么要说出 |
[03:00] | The last five senior partners? | 最新成为高级合伙人的名字 |
[03:02] | Every one of us was taken to dinner by Jessica | 我们五个人来公司的第一年 |
[03:04] | as a first-year. | 都跟杰西卡一起吃过饭 |
[03:05] | And now she’s taking you, which means– | 她现在又要带你出去吃饭 这意味着 |
[03:06] | – This is a good thing. – Exactly. | -这是件好事 -没错 |
[03:08] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[03:10] | – What now? – What do I wear? | -又怎么了 -我该穿什么 |
[03:11] | Wh-what do I say? What do I wear? | 去了说什么 穿什么去 |
[03:13] | We can discuss the prom at recess. | 休息的时候再讨论这么幼稚的问题吧 |
[03:15] | Tell me what the hell’s holding up my Swinton Merger. | 先说说我的斯温顿并购案遇到什么麻烦了 |
[03:17] | Oh, i’s just a nuisance suit | 这只是一个无关紧要的案子 |
[03:19] | that needs to be cleaned up before we can clear escrow. | 完成托管前需要搞定而已 |
[03:21] | I’m all over it. | 我都快办完了 |
[03:22] | Why wasn’t that the first thing you told me? | 为什么不首先向我汇报这个事情 |
[03:23] | Uh, I thought I was getting exposed. | 我以为我的背景已经曝光了 |
[03:25] | This is a little less important. | 所以这件事情相对没那么重要了 |
[03:26] | My merger– your panic attack. | 我的并购案比你的恐慌要重要得多 |
[03:29] | Your compassion. | 你这人有没有同情心 |
[03:30] | And I didn’t have a panic attack. | 何况我没有恐慌 |
[03:32] | I had a legitimate reason for concern. | 我有很充分的理由为此事担心 |
[03:34] | Really? Why would she ask you to dinner | 是吗 为什么她为了开除你 |
[03:35] | just to fire you? | 还要专门叫你去吃饭 |
[03:36] | I don’t know. A little movie called Goodfellas. | 不知道 有部电影叫做《盗亦有道》 |
[03:38] | Did you see it? | 你看过吗 |
[03:39] | Joe Pesci thought he was getting made–he got dead. | 乔·佩西还以为他要成功了呢 结果被杀了 |
[03:41] | That’s your idea of a legitimate reason? | 这就是你所谓的充分理由 |
[03:43] | “Karen! Where’s the money, Karen?” | “凯伦 我的钱呢 凯伦” |
[03:45] | – Go back to your cubicle. – Hey, wait a minute. Do you– | -回你的格间去 -等下 会不会 |
[03:48] | Do you think that I might get an office out of this dinner? | 会不会吃完这顿饭我就有自己的办公室了 |
[03:50] | A second ago, you thought you were gonna get whacked. | 刚刚你还以为自己要被炒 |
[03:51] | – Now you want an office? – What? | -现在还敢想要办公室 -怎么了 |
[03:53] | I’m adapting to changing circumstances. | 我正学着适应环境变化呢 |
[03:54] | Well, maybe you won’t be the worst lawyer | 这么看来 你应该不会是有史以来 |
[03:56] | in the history of everything. | 所有方面都最差劲的律师 |
[03:58] | “Put the gun down, Karen. | “放下枪 凯伦 |
[04:01] | Karen?” | 凯伦” |
[04:03] | They never checked. | 他们从没核实过 |
[04:04] | What do you mean “They never checked”? | 这句话是什么意思 |
[04:05] | The internet was not what it is today. | 以前互联网跟现在可不一样 |
[04:09] | It was not so easy to catch plagiarism. | 那会儿想抓剽窃可没那么容易 |
[04:11] | God, that’s awesome. | 上帝 真爽 |
[04:13] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[04:15] | If you graduated college then, then that– | 如果你是那会儿从法学院毕业的 那 |
[04:17] | that would make you– | 那就意味着你 |
[04:18] | Old enough to run my own law firm. | 有足够的资历办自己的律所了 |
[04:20] | But you look so young. | 但是你看起来很年轻啊 |
[04:21] | Well, you know what they say. | 你知道别人都怎么说 |
[04:23] | – True beauty is ageless. – Black don’t crack. | -美丽不分年龄 -黑人老得慢 |
[04:28] | That’s what I meant to say. | 我就是那个意思 |
[04:32] | Well, enough about me. I want to hear about you. | 好了别说我了 我想听听你的故事 |
[04:36] | What was Harvard like? | 上哈佛是个什么感觉 |
[04:42] | I was three when I realized | 三岁的时候 我意识到 |
[04:44] | that I wasn’t like the other kids. | 我和其他孩子不同 |
[04:47] | When school started, it was like a joke. | 开始上学后 读书就像游戏一样 |
[04:49] | I didn’t take notes. I never studied. | 我从不记笔记 也不学习 |
[04:52] | Every year people would tell me, | 每年人们都会对我说 |
[04:55] | “Next year you won’t get away with it.” | 明年你就会跟不上班了 |
[04:58] | Kept waiting for it to get harder, but… | 我一直想体验一下学不会的感觉 但是 |
[05:01] | It just never did. | 从没遇到过 |
[05:03] | And Harvard? | 在哈佛呢 |
[05:05] | I knew it would end. I mean, it had to. | 我觉得这种情况会结束的 毫无疑问 |
[05:08] | I thought, “Yeah, I’d finally found a place | 我以为终于能找到 |
[05:10] | where I’d be, uh… | 一个让我 |
[05:13] | exposed.” | 搞不定的地方 |
[05:14] | But it turns out, even at the mighty Harvard Law– | 结果发现 即使是强大的哈佛法学院 |
[05:18] | You weren’t the same as the other kids. | 你仍然超凡脱俗 |
[05:20] | – I know it sounds cocky. – Not to me. | -是不是像在吹牛 -我不觉得 |
[05:23] | The fact is, you don’t think of yourself as smart. | 事实上 你也不觉得自己有多聪明 |
[05:26] | You’ve always had your mind, it just is what it is. | 但是你有着超人的智商 事实如此 |
[05:29] | Yeah, that’s exactly what it is. | 是 情况就是这样 |
[05:30] | I don’t think of myself as smart, you know. | 我不觉得自己有多聪明 |
[05:32] | I just think of everybody else as… | 我只是觉得别人都… |
[05:33] | – Idiots. – Not smart. | -白痴 -不聪明 |
[05:37] | That’s what I meant to say. | 我就是这个意思 |
[05:42] | Why the law? | 为什么选法律 |
[05:44] | It’s kind of, uh, personal. | 这是我个人的问题 |
[05:46] | Isn’t that why we’re here? | 今天不就是来谈你的吗 |
[05:54] | When I was 11, | 我11岁那年 |
[05:55] | my parents were on their way home from dinner, | 我父母吃完饭回家 |
[05:59] | and they were involved in a really horrible accident. | 路上他们遇到了一起严重事故 |
[06:02] | And, uh, they– | 他们… |
[06:08] | My grandmother took me in. | 我的奶奶收养了我 |
[06:12] | And it wasn’t until I was, uh, much older | 很多年后我才发现 |
[06:15] | that I realized that we had a case. | 其实我们可以打官司的 |
[06:19] | See, it turns out this restaurant… | 因为那个餐厅 |
[06:21] | They kept feeding this Mr. Fenton drinks | 他们很早就发现 |
[06:24] | long after they knew– | 他们出售的饮品… |
[06:30] | Didn’t matter. | 都过去了 |
[06:33] | I just– | 我只是 |
[06:35] | I felt so helpless. | 当时我感觉很无助 |
[06:40] | And I didn’t want to feel that way… | 我不想再有这样的感觉 |
[06:42] | Ever again. | 永远不想 |
[06:48] | Harvey was right. | 哈维没错 |
[06:52] | About what? | 什么没错 |
[06:54] | I hope you brought your checkbook. | 希望你带了支票簿 |
[06:57] | Dinner’s on you. | 这顿算你的 |
[07:01] | Wait. What was Harvey right about? | 等等 哈维什么事情没错 |
[07:19] | – How was dinner? – Free caviar. | -晚餐如何 -鱼子酱免费 |
[07:22] | What’s not to love? | 还有什么好挑剔的呢 |
[07:23] | If you want to know something about me, | 如果你想知道我的事 |
[07:24] | you should have just asked me. | 可以直接来问我 |
[07:27] | Why can’t I just be getting to know Mr. Ross | 为什么我不能按照了解你的方式 |
[07:28] | the way I got to know you? | 去了解罗斯先生 |
[07:29] | Because if you’re just trying to get to know him, | 因为如果你真是想要了解他 |
[07:31] | you would have told me about the dinner. | 你不会瞒着我晚餐的事 |
[07:33] | Something’s going on, and I want to know what it is. | 这里面有事情 我要知道真相 |
[07:37] | An allegation was made | 有人举报 |
[07:38] | that Mike Ross never went to Harvard, | 迈克·罗斯根本没上过哈佛 |
[07:40] | or any other law school for that matter. | 也没上过其他法学院 |
[07:43] | So I had him checked out. | 所以我查了查 |
[07:46] | Squeaky clean. | 毫无嫌疑 |
[07:48] | Graduated top of his class. | 毕业成绩全班第一 |
[07:50] | So I took him to dinner. | 所以我邀他吃饭 |
[07:52] | I wanted to see what you saw in him | 我想知道 |
[07:53] | that makes him so special. | 你看上了他哪一点 |
[07:55] | And? | 结果呢 |
[07:57] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[07:59] | He’s a total package. | 他绝对是可造之材 |
[08:00] | Maybe even the best of both of us. | 或许比我们两人都强 |
[08:04] | I hope this doesn’t mean | 我希望你不是打算 |
[08:05] | you’re gonna put me in charge of recruiting. | 以后招聘都由我负责吧 |
[08:06] | Not to worry. You are off the hook. | 别担心 你早就脱身了 |
[08:12] | Harvey, one more thing. | 哈维 还有一件事 |
[08:17] | He might have checked out clean, | 他的简历也许很干净 |
[08:19] | But I know that kid’s full of shit. | 但是我知道那孩子的背景并不干净 |
[08:21] | Because there may be a record | 也许他有哈佛法学院 |
[08:23] | of him graduating from Harvard Law, | 的毕业证书 |
[08:24] | But there’s no record of him graduating | 但地球上任何一家大学 |
[08:25] | from any college anywhere on the face of the earth. | 都没有他毕业的记录 |
[08:30] | So I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt | 在没有证据之前 |
[08:32] | that you didn’t know. | 我就当你不知情 |
[08:34] | Because I don’t want to do | 因为如果你知情的话 |
[08:35] | what I would do if you did. | 我必须做该做的事了 |
[08:37] | And what you’re going to do is fire that goddamn kid. | 你要做的事 就是开除那个该死的孩子 |
[09:21] | Donna, do me a favor | 唐娜 帮个忙好吗 |
[09:22] | and get Mr. Sherman on the phone, please. | 请帮我接通一下谢尔曼先生 |
[09:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:27] | – What was that? – Excuse me? | -怎么回事 -什么 |
[09:30] | “Please,” “Do me a favor,” and “Thank you,” | “请” “帮个忙好吗”还有”谢谢” |
[09:32] | all in the same sentence? | 一句话里说了这么多 |
[09:33] | You think I’m not gonna notice that? | 你以为我感觉不到吗 |
[09:34] | – I don’t have time for this. – You got time. | -我没时间说这个 -你有 |
[09:36] | You’re gonna sit right there | 你就坐在这儿 |
[09:37] | while I figure out what the hell’s going on. | 直到我搞清楚到底发生了什么 |
[09:38] | Nothing’s going on. | 什么事都没有 |
[09:40] | Dimple in your tie’s too far to the left. | 领带中间太向左 |
[09:42] | That says that your mind is on something else. | 这说明你脑子里在想别的事 |
[09:44] | Mr. Sherman’s called 136 times, | 谢尔曼打过136个电话 |
[09:46] | you’ve never called him back, | 你一个都没回 |
[09:47] | which means you’re feeling guilty | 说明你觉得很愧疚 |
[09:49] | – and you’re trying to compensate. – I’m not trying to– | -你想补偿 -我没有 |
[09:51] | I didn’t say overcompensate. | 我没说过分补偿啊 |
[09:53] | As long as we’re clear. | 明白就好 |
[09:55] | The only time I’ve ever seen you wear lavender | 我只知道你喷过一次薰衣草香水 |
[09:57] | was when your brother was in the hospital. | 就是你弟弟住院那次 |
[09:58] | You’re feeling protective in an older-brother manner. | 你表现的像哥哥一样 很有保护欲 |
[10:03] | Either your mother’s somehow appeared in your life, | 要么是你妈妈突然出现了 |
[10:05] | or Jessica found out about Mike. | 要么是杰西卡发现了迈克的事 |
[10:09] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[10:11] | Does he know? | 他自己知道吗 |
[10:28] | What’s playing on that thing? | 听什么呢 |
[10:29] | Audiobook. The Fall of the Roman Empire. | 有声书籍 罗马帝国衰亡史 |
[10:32] | I was just rocking out to | 今天早上我摇滚的时候 |
[10:33] | Einstein’s biography this morning. | 听的是爱因斯坦传记 |
[10:35] | See, I prefer his acoustic stuff. | 我更喜欢他的声学资料 |
[10:39] | So you’re awfully chipper. | 你这么开心 |
[10:41] | – Maybe you got some good news? – Uh, yeah. | -是不是有好消息呢 -是的 |
[10:44] | That led to an amazing dinner with an incredible woman. | 与极品女人共进了晚餐 |
[10:48] | I’m really happy to hear | 我非常高兴听到 |
[10:49] | things are going well with you and Jenny. | 你和珍妮的幸福生活 |
[10:50] | Whoa, no. No, no, no. | 不是 不是 不是 |
[10:52] | I was out with Jessica last night. | 我是和杰西卡吃的 |
[10:54] | Isn’t she just a little old for you? | 她对你来说是不是有点老了 |
[10:57] | Uh, I do okay with the cougars. | 我和熟女[美洲狮]没问题 |
[10:59] | You realize you’re talking about | 你知道你说的人是 |
[11:00] | the managing partner of the firm? | 本事务所的执行合伙人吧 |
[11:03] | Please don’t tell anyone I said that. | 别告诉别人我这么说过啊 |
[11:08] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[11:09] | I’m gonna fire him. | 我要炒了他 |
[11:11] | How can you do that? | 你怎么可以这么做 |
[11:12] | What do you want me to say? If I don’t, Jessica will. | 我能怎么说呢 我不炒 杰西卡也会 |
[11:15] | What’s up, mother fleckers? | 你们好啊 焚蛋们 |
[11:16] | Wow. Oh, my God. That’s a beautiful day. | 天呐 真是美好的一天 |
[11:19] | Hey, did you guys get that memo? | 你们收到备忘录了吗 |
[11:21] | You know, the one about how… I am the greatest. | 上面写着 我…是…最棒的 |
[11:29] | What’s wrong with you two? Somebody die? | 你们俩怎么了 有人去世了吗 |
[11:32] | I’m gonna be outside. | 我先出去了 |
[11:35] | “I’m gonna be outside. I’m so serious. | “我先出去了 我是认真的 |
[11:37] | All the time.” | 从来都是” |
[11:38] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[11:40] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[11:41] | No can do. I’ve got too much energy. | 无能为力 我现在精力充沛 |
[11:43] | I just wanted to come and give you an update | 我来是想告诉你 |
[11:44] | on the Swinton Merger. | 斯温顿并购案的进展 |
[11:46] | Turns out this woman thinks | 这个女人认为 |
[11:47] | that publishing stole one of her book ideas. | 出版商偷了一个她的点子 |
[11:49] | – Filed suit. – Listen. | -所以她提起诉讼 -听着 |
[11:51] | Normally, I’d suggest that we settle. | 一般我们会和解 |
[11:52] | But then I got to thinking. | 但是我开始想 |
[11:54] | WWHD WWHD– | |
[11:56] | What would Harvey do? | 哈维会怎么做 |
[11:58] | – Steamroll her. – Exactly. | -击垮她 -没错 |
[12:00] | Which is what I’m gonna do. | 我也会这么做 |
[12:00] | Myra Harrison is not gonna know what hit her. | 迈拉·哈里森不会知道她是怎么被击败的 |
[12:04] | Why embrace my philosophy now? | 现在为什么接受我的理论了 |
[12:06] | Come on. Your merger–Myra Harrison. | 你的合并案在这 迈拉·哈里森在这 |
[12:11] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[12:14] | Sit down. | 坐下来 |
[12:34] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[12:35] | I can’t talk right now. | 我现在没法说话 |
[12:42] | Okay, just get it over with. Tell me what happened. | 赶紧把这事了解 告诉我过程 |
[12:44] | The talk and the plan and the whole “What I would do,” | 谈话 计划和”我会怎么做” |
[12:46] | is just whatever. | 随便吧 |
[12:49] | You couldn’t do it. | 你做不到 |
[12:50] | I didn’t do it. | 我没做 |
[12:51] | You got overwhelmed with a wave of emotion | 你被无法预知的 |
[12:53] | you didn’t see coming. | 情感淹没了 |
[12:54] | – You cried, and you let him stay. – No. | -你伤感了 让他留下来了 -没有 |
[12:56] | I thought of the amount of work I would have to go through | 我想到炒掉他之后的工作量 |
[12:58] | to replace him and decided against it. | 决定留下他了 |
[13:00] | Did you see the amount of work through a pool of tears? | 你是通过眼泪看到的工作量吗 |
[13:02] | – Are you finished? – Can I get you anything? | -你说完没有 -要我帮你拿点儿什么吗 |
[13:04] | Tissue? Glass of water? Tampon? | 纸巾 水 还是卫生巾 |
[13:07] | Okay, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[13:09] | You listen to all my private conversations. | 你偷听我所有的私人谈话 |
[13:12] | – So? – This time you didn’t. | -然后呢 -这次没有 |
[13:14] | – Yeah, I was busy. – Busy? | -我很忙 -忙吗 |
[13:17] | – That’s what you’re going with? – Very busy. | -这就是你的借口吗 -非常忙 |
[13:19] | You didn’t listen because you couldn’t listen. | 你没听是因为你不敢听 |
[13:21] | Because you were too overwhelmed with emotion. | 因为你感情淹没了 |
[13:23] | I am not the topic of conversation here. | 我不是主角 |
[13:25] | Can I get you anything? Tissue? Water? | 要我帮你拿点儿什么吗 纸巾 水 |
[13:27] | I got it. | 我明白了 |
[13:30] | Harvey, | 哈维 |
[13:32] | you said if you didn’t fire him, Jessica would. | 你说了你不炒他 杰西卡也会 |
[13:35] | What are you gonna do? | 你准备怎么办 |
[13:36] | Buy us some time. | 争取时间 |
[13:40] | If you didn’t tell him anything, | 如果你什么都没说 |
[13:41] | why was he so dazed when he walked out of here? | 他怎么像丢了魂一样 |
[13:44] | I told him I was proud of him. | 我对他说 我为他骄傲 |
[13:46] | You need to give that boy more encouragement. | 你该多给那孩子点鼓励 |
[13:55] | Could you tell me where I could find a copy | 麻烦问一下 詹姆斯·詹金斯的新书 |
[13:57] | of James Jenkins’ latest book? | 摆在哪里 |
[13:59] | Um, right there in new releases. | 在最新上架区 |
[14:02] | Oh, that’s funny. | 很有趣 |
[14:04] | ’cause I have a complaint here that says | 有人投诉说 |
[14:06] | that you’re claiming to have written his newest book. | 你声称这本书是你写的 |
[14:09] | Sorry, who are you? | 不好意思 你是 |
[14:10] | My name’s Mike Ross. I represent Drecker Publishing. | 迈克·罗斯 德瑞克出版社聘请的律师 |
[14:13] | I want to tell you the story | 我想给你讲个故事 |
[14:14] | of how your bullshit lawsuit pans out. | 讲讲你这个狗屁诉讼的结果 |
[14:16] | Best case, you prove that they stole your idea. | 最好的情况 你证明他们偷了你的创意 |
[14:18] | You know what? It doesn’t matter. | 但是 这也没用 |
[14:20] | Because you signed an employment agreement | 因为你签了雇佣合同 |
[14:23] | Giving Drecker Publishing the rights | 这里面赋予德瑞克出版社 |
[14:25] | to all work product that you create. | 对你的一切作品享有拥有权 |
[14:27] | So the next step is that my firm’s going to assign | 下一步 我的事务所会尽可能地 |
[14:29] | as many Mike Rosses as necessary to dispatch your claim. | 指派很多律师来处理你的索赔案 |
[14:32] | And after we do, | 在此之后 |
[14:33] | we’re gonna add up all of those hours, | 我们会算清所有的工作时间 |
[14:35] | and we’re gonna petition the court | 向法庭提出申请 |
[14:36] | to have you pay for our work. | 由你负责我们的酬劳 |
[14:38] | Now lucky for you, | 现在算你走运 |
[14:40] | we happen to be in the middle of a merger, | 我们碰巧正忙着并购 |
[14:41] | And you’re kind of being an inconvenience. | 你也不太方便 |
[14:43] | So I get to be the good guy who comes down here | 所以就由我自贬身价来这当好人 |
[14:45] | and strongly advises you to just go ahead and give up now | 强烈建议你现在就放弃 |
[14:48] | and save yourself a whole lot of money. | 也给自己省一大笔钱 |
[14:51] | Anyway, that’s all. | 总之 要说的就这么多 |
[14:52] | Thank you so much for your time, | 谢谢你的耐心聆听 |
[14:54] | and have a nice day. | 祝一天快乐 |
[14:57] | I bet your mother’s proud of you. | 你妈妈一定以你为荣 |
[15:00] | – Excuse me? – You heard me. | -你说什么 -你听到了 |
[15:03] | Standing there in your fancy suit | 穿着体面的西装站在那里 |
[15:06] | calling my story bullshit? | 说我的股市是狗屁 |
[15:07] | You don’t even know what it is. | 你根本不清楚事情原委 |
[15:08] | Ms. Harrison, it’s not my job to– | 哈里森女士 这不是我分内的事 |
[15:09] | To what? To care? | 所以你不必关心一下 |
[15:10] | To be a human being? To listen for two seconds? | 有点人性听我说两句 |
[15:18] | I was an assistant at Drecker for five years, | 我在德瑞克做了五年的助理 |
[15:21] | and I finally got an idea for my own book. | 终于有了灵感 想出一本自己的书 |
[15:24] | And my boss, who I thought was my friend, | 而我的老板 我还拿她当朋友 |
[15:26] | encouraged me to pitch my idea to her. | 她怂恿我把构思告诉她 |
[15:29] | So I did. And she took that idea, | 我告诉她了 她就偷了我的构思 |
[15:31] | served it up to James Jenkins, and completely shut me out. | 卖给了詹姆斯·詹金斯 完全把我甩了 |
[15:33] | You have no evidence of this, all right? | 你没有证据对吗 |
[15:35] | It’s just your word against hers. | 这只是你辩驳的一面之词 |
[15:36] | That’s not true, my pitch was oral, | 不是这样的 我的构思是口头的 |
[15:38] | but I wrote a treatment to prepare for it. | 但为了准备我写了计划书 |
[15:39] | I can email you a copy. | 我可以邮件给你一份副本 |
[15:42] | Myra, wh– | 迈拉 |
[15:44] | What are you looking for here? | 你想在这寻求些什么 |
[15:45] | These ideas aren’t easy to come by. | 这些灵感来之不易 |
[15:47] | I might not have another one in my entire life. | 或许我此生只有这一次灵感乍现 |
[15:50] | I just want to be paid for my idea. | 我只是想讨回我灵感的价值 |
[16:01] | Finally get your big promotion to file clerk? | 终于晋升到档案管理员了吗 |
[16:03] | For your information, | 告诉你一声 |
[16:04] | I happen to be compiling a redundancy list | 不巧我正在为斯温顿并购案 |
[16:06] | for the Swinton Merger. | 编写裁员名单 |
[16:07] | Well, while you’re at it, why don’t you compile | 既然你身在其位 |
[16:09] | a redundancy list for the Swinton Merger? | 又何乐而不为呢 |
[16:11] | Instead of trying to be hilarious, | 说正经的 |
[16:12] | maybe you can just close the deal, | 或许你可以达成协议 |
[16:14] | so then I can do my job | 那么我就可以做我的本职工作 |
[16:15] | and determine which departments get bashed in the head. | 决定一下哪些部门将被当头棒喝 |
[16:17] | – What, are you killing seals? – Would that it were. | -干嘛 猎杀海豹吗 -如果有的话 |
[16:20] | Rodents of the sea. | 海洋中的啮齿动物 |
[16:21] | Listen, I need you to lay off Mike Ross for a while. | 我想你让迈克·罗斯休息一段时间 |
[16:25] | Oh, do you now? | 你说了算吗 |
[16:26] | Because he may be your associate, | 他虽然是你的助理 |
[16:27] | but as I’ve told you, like, I don’t know, a million times, | 但我告诉过你无数次了 |
[16:30] | – I run the associates. – I’m not disputing that. | -助理们归我管 -我不否认 |
[16:33] | It’s just with Jessica’s new interest in him– | 只是杰西卡对他有兴趣 |
[16:37] | – What interest? – Hadn’t you heard? | -什么兴趣 -你还没听说吗 |
[16:38] | – Heard what? – Never mind. | -听说什么 -我什么都没说 |
[16:39] | No, tell me. Tell me now. | 不 告诉我 现在立刻马上 |
[16:42] | Jessica took Mike to dinner last night. Iago’s. | 杰西卡昨晚带迈克吃晚餐了 在伊阿古 |
[16:44] | Iag– | 伊阿古 |
[16:48] | That’s where she took me. | 她也带我去过那 |
[16:50] | Really? Oh. | 真的吗 |
[16:52] | Anyway, I’d consider it a personal favor | 好了 就当给我私人帮个忙 |
[16:55] | if you’d just lay off mike for a few days, | 让迈克休息一段日子就行 |
[16:57] | but it’s your call. | 你决定吧 |
[17:09] | Hey. Thanks. | 你好 谢谢 |
[17:11] | What are you doing here? | 你在这做什么 |
[17:14] | Right now, | 现在 |
[17:15] | I want to know what’s going on with you and Rachel. | 告诉我你跟瑞秋发生了什么 |
[17:18] | – Nothing. – Nothing? | -什么都没有 -什么都没有 |
[17:20] | Jenny, how many times do I have to answer this? | 珍妮 这个问题还要我回答多少遍 |
[17:22] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[17:23] | Every day it’s a new time you don’t trust me. | 你每天都有新的问题不愿相信我 |
[17:24] | No, everyday it’s the same “I don’t trust you.” | 不 我一直都像原来那样不能相信你 |
[17:28] | You kissed her. | 你亲了她 |
[17:31] | Tell me that’s not true. | 告诉我这不是真的 |
[17:32] | I- I didn’t kiss her. She kissed me. | 我没亲她 是她亲了我 |
[17:34] | – Like that makes a difference. – It does, all right? | -这有区别吗 -当然有 |
[17:36] | It happened, but I didn’t follow up on it. | 她亲了我 但我并没有回应 |
[17:38] | And what you’re leaving out | 你总是忽略一个事实 |
[17:39] | is that even after all that happened, | 就是在发生了这么多事之后 |
[17:40] | you asked me to choose, and I chose you. | 你让我做出选择 我选择了你 |
[17:42] | I asked you if anything ever happened | 我问你你们之间是否有事发生 |
[17:44] | between the two of you, and you lied. | 你骗了我 |
[17:45] | When you asked me that, | 你问我的时候 |
[17:46] | You weren’t asking about a kiss, and you know it. | 你并没有问亲吻的事 而你已经知道了 |
[17:48] | I didn’t lie, | 我没有骗你 |
[17:49] | I just answered the question that you really asked. | 我只是回答了你问我的问题 |
[17:51] | Oh, you are such a goddamn lawyer. | 你真是个好律师 |
[17:54] | Oh, wait, that’s right– you’re not. | 等一下 你不是 |
[17:56] | All right, if kissing someone else is so awful, | 如果亲了某人是天大的罪恶 |
[17:58] | then what about you? | 那你呢 |
[17:59] | I seem to remember you kissing me | 我记得你还跟特雷弗在一起的时候 |
[18:00] | when you were still with Trevor. | 就亲了我 |
[18:01] | When I kissed you, it was because | 我亲你是因为 |
[18:03] | you were the person that I wanted to be with. | 我想跟你在一起 |
[18:06] | Obviously, that’s how you feel about Rachel. | 很显然 你对瑞秋也是同样的感觉 |
[18:08] | That wasn’t true! | 不是这样的 |
[18:10] | Wasn’t? | 不是吗 |
[18:15] | Well, I hope… | 我祝福你们 |
[18:17] | that you two are really happy together. | 幸福地生活下去 |
[18:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:22] | You know, you didn’t ask me how I knew. | 你都没问我是怎么知道的 |
[18:25] | Trevor told me. | 特雷弗告诉我的 |
[18:27] | – What? – Two days ago. | -什么 -两天前 |
[18:29] | Right before he told me | 就在他告诉我 |
[18:30] | that he was gonna tell Jessica Pearson | 他准备向杰西卡·皮尔逊揭发 |
[18:32] | that you’re a fraud. | 你是个冒牌货之前 |
[19:26] | Well, if it isn’t the anointed one. | 某人的前途一片大好啊 |
[19:30] | Where the hell you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[19:32] | Well, I’m not feeling very well. | 我感觉不太舒服 |
[19:34] | I don’t really care. | 我才不在乎 |
[19:36] | And I also don’t care how special Jessica thinks you are. | 我也不在乎你对杰西卡有多特别 |
[19:39] | Because you still answer to me. | 因为你始终听命于我 |
[19:42] | And you’re gonna do every piece of work that I sign to you | 你仍将继续完成我交给你的每项工作 |
[19:44] | until you don’t. | 直到你不想做为止 |
[19:45] | Yeah, um, I just have to see Harvey first. | 我得先见见哈维 |
[19:47] | Oh, no, no, no. Harvey can’t help you. | 不必了 哈维也帮不了你 |
[19:49] | Now I want the detailed listing | 现在我要斯温顿并购案中 |
[19:50] | of every redundant position in the Swinton Merger. | 所有多余职位的清单 |
[19:52] | And I want it yesterday, capisce? | 我昨天就要了 明白吗 |
[19:56] | And get a mint, because your breath is disgusting. | 吃点薄荷 你嘴太臭了 |
[20:04] | You drunk dial him? | 你酒醉打给他了 |
[20:06] | I didn’t drunk dial him. I called him. | 我没有酒醉打给他 我就是打给他了 |
[20:08] | Yeah, I left the room for two minutes, | 我不过走了两分钟 |
[20:10] | and you called him after a glass of whiskey. | 你就一杯威士忌下肚打给他了 |
[20:11] | – What would you call it? – Stupid. | -你不觉得这行为 -太傻了 |
[20:14] | So what did you say on the message? | 你跟他说什么了 |
[20:15] | I said that I couldn’t stop thinking about our kiss. | 我告诉他那个吻在我脑中挥之不去 |
[20:21] | – You kissed him? – Yes. | -你吻了他 -对 |
[20:23] | – Where? – On the mouth. | -吻在哪了 -嘴上 |
[20:26] | – Where did it happen? – In the library. | -在什么地方吻的 -图书馆 |
[20:28] | The pearson hardman library? | 皮尔逊·哈德曼图书馆 |
[20:30] | No, the library of congress. | 不 国会图书馆 |
[20:31] | Was John Boehner there? | 约翰·博纳在那吗 |
[20:32] | Are you gonna help me? | 你到底要不要帮我 |
[20:33] | Or are you gonna amuse yourself? | 还是拿我消遣 |
[20:34] | I can multitask. | 我可以同时进行 |
[20:37] | So what’s the problem? | 那么到底有什么问题呢 |
[20:38] | The problem is I left him that message three nights ago, | 问题是那条留言已经三天了 |
[20:42] | and he hasn’t said anything. | 他至今没有给我任何回复 |
[20:44] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道该怎么办了 |
[20:46] | Well, when a person gets a message like that, | 一般来说 一个人收到这样的信息 |
[20:48] | and they act like they didn’t, it’s one of two things. | 又假装没收到 有两种可能 |
[20:51] | Either they got the message, | 要么他们收到短信了 |
[20:52] | and they don’t feel the same way, | 但他对你没感觉 |
[20:53] | or they didn’t get the message. | 要么他们压根没收到短信 |
[20:56] | And who doesn’t get their messages? | 短信怎么可能收不到呢 |
[21:01] | He made his choice. | 他已经做出选择了 |
[21:03] | – Whoa. – What? | -天呐 -怎么了 |
[21:05] | I got to go. | 我得走了 |
[21:07] | – Okay. – Wait a second. | -好吧 -等一下 |
[21:10] | How was it? | 感觉如何 |
[21:11] | The kiss? | 那个吻吗 |
[21:13] | Good enough to make me drunk dial him. | 非常好 好到让我酒醉给他打电话 |
[21:22] | Well, what are we talking about? | 咱们在说什么呢 |
[21:24] | Jeremy Lin? Yeah, I can make that happen. | 林书豪 我能搞定 |
[21:31] | You knew. | 你知道了 |
[21:32] | I got to go. | 我先挂了 |
[21:34] | – When? – Last night. | -什么时候 -昨晚 |
[21:38] | What are we gonna do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[21:39] | We’ve got no choice. | 没得选择 |
[21:42] | – We have to leave the country. – What? | -我们得离开这个国家 -什么 |
[21:45] | I can get us two tickets to Buenos Aires | 我能搞到两张去布宜诺斯艾利斯的机票 |
[21:47] | and have the chopper on the helipad in ten minutes. | 直升机可以在十分钟内到达机场 |
[21:49] | Wait. She knows? And you know she knows? | 等下 她知道了 你知道她知道了 |
[21:51] | And you’re joking about my life? | 你还拿我的后半生开玩笑 |
[21:53] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 有没有搞错 |
[21:53] | Are you mad at me? | 你生我气了吗 |
[21:54] | No, I want to kill you! | 不 我杀你的心都有 |
[21:55] | Good, because if y’re mad, that means you’re not panicking. | 很好 如果你没生气 说明你没惊慌 |
[21:58] | Now calm the hell down. | 现在你给我冷静下来 |
[22:05] | Okay, what did she say? | 好了 她说了什么 |
[22:08] | She told me to fire you. | 她让我开除你 |
[22:09] | That’s not calming me down. | 我还能冷静下来吗 |
[22:11] | Haven’t I taught you that there’s more than one response | 我不是教过你有人拿枪指着你头的时候 |
[22:13] | when someone has a gun to your head? | 有很多种反应方式 |
[22:14] | And right now, there’s not even a gun in here. | 现在 这儿连枪都没有 |
[22:16] | No, no. It’s not in here. | 对 不在这儿 |
[22:18] | It’s out there roaming the halls. | 在大厅里来回游荡呢 |
[22:19] | And when it sees me, it’s gonna start shooting. | 一旦看到我 立马开火 |
[22:21] | Weren’t you supposed to give that plaintiff | 你是不是该把哈维·斯佩克特处理方法 |
[22:22] | – the Harvey Specter treatment? – Yes. | -交给原告 -是 |
[22:25] | – Did you wrap it up? – I’m working on it. | -你搞定了吗 -正在进行中 |
[22:26] | That means you didn’t give her | 也就是说你还没给她 |
[22:27] | the harvey specter treatment. | 哈维·斯佩克特处理方法 |
[22:29] | So why don’t you go do your job and have some goddamn faith | 你干嘛不好好做你的工作 自信一点 |
[22:31] | that I’ll do mine? Donna, not now. | 我会做好我的事情 唐娜 现在不方便 |
[22:33] | – Oh, you’re gonna want to hear this. – What? | -这个消息你一定想知道 -怎么了 |
[22:35] | Alicia Hardman died last night. | 艾丽西娅·哈德曼昨晚去世了 |
[22:37] | Hard– as in Pearson Hardman? | 哈德曼 是我们律所的创办人吗 |
[22:39] | – Wife. Is it public yet? – No. | -是他的妻子 消息公开了吗 -还没有 |
[22:42] | When were you going to tell me she knew, Harvey? | 你原本打算何时告诉我她知道了 哈维 |
[22:43] | I wasn’t. | 我就没打算告诉你 |
[22:48] | – Jessica. – Louis. | -杰西卡 -路易 |
[22:49] | – How are you? – Never better. You? | -今天过得怎样 -很不错 你呢 |
[22:51] | Top of the world. | 好的不得了 |
[22:54] | – Did you need me? – No. | -你要我做什么 -没什么 |
[22:56] | But I do have something that… will make you happy. | 但是我这儿有个会让你…开心的消息 |
[22:59] | Oh. Fire away. | 那尽管说吧 |
[23:01] | Well, as you know, I’ve been compiling a list | 你也知道 我一直在整理 |
[23:02] | of redundant departments for the Swinton merger. | 斯温顿并购案中多余部门的清单 |
[23:04] | You should also think about compiling a list | 你也该考虑整理 |
[23:05] | of redundant departments for the Swinton merger. | 斯温顿并购案中多余部门的清单了 |
[23:09] | That is awesome. | 你真是幽默 |
[23:10] | Anyway, I thought you’d be happy to know | 总之 我觉得你会高兴的 |
[23:11] | that I, uh, assigned it to Mike Ross. | 因为我…把这个活交给迈克·罗斯了 |
[23:15] | Excellent. When? | 真有你的 什么时候的事 |
[23:17] | Just now. | 就在刚才 |
[23:18] | Harvey mentioned your dinner, | 哈维提过你俩那晚共进佳肴了 |
[23:19] | and I knew that was an indicator of you being very fond– | 我知道那表示你十分欣赏… |
[23:21] | Louis, it’s one of the things I love about you. | 路易 这就是我欣赏你的原因之一 |
[23:23] | – You get me. – I do. | -咱俩总是心有灵犀 -没错 |
[23:24] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[23:26] | Oh, I forgot something. You go ahead, all right? | 我有东西忘拿了 你先走 可以吗 |
[23:29] | And Louis, thank you. | 另外 路易 谢谢你 |
[23:32] | Sure. | 小事一桩 |
[23:44] | What the hell is wrong with you? | 你到底想怎么样 |
[23:46] | Not here. | 这儿不方便 |
[23:52] | No. | 走开 |
[23:54] | You think I don’t know what you’re doing? | 你以为我不知道你在打什么算盘吗 |
[23:56] | I know you know what I did. | 我知道你看穿我的小把戏了 |
[23:57] | You baited Louis into working with Ross, | 你诱导路易把工作交给罗斯 |
[23:59] | So if he leaves abruptly, | 如果罗斯突然被辞退 |
[24:00] | Louis will start asking questions. | 路易会猜疑的 |
[24:02] | I said I knew you knew. Now you’re just showing off. | 我已经说过你看穿我了 你现在还要再炫耀一下 |
[24:04] | You think I’m gonna let you get away with it? | 你觉得我会放你一马吗 |
[24:05] | I think we’ve got bigger fish to fry. | 我觉得我们应该避轻就重 |
[24:12] | Alicia Hardman’s dead, | 艾丽西娅·哈德曼去世了 |
[24:13] | which means Daniel Hardman’s coming back. | 这也意味着丹尼尔·哈德曼要回来了 |
[24:17] | You don’t know that. | 那可不一定 |
[24:18] | Yes, I do. And so do you. | 不 我确定 你心里也清楚 |
[24:20] | No, you’re just using this situation | 你只是在利用现在的情形 |
[24:22] | to get Mike Ross out of the crosshairs. | 让迈克·罗斯相安无事 |
[24:24] | Need I remind you that the only reason we were able to | 需不需要我提醒你 我们能够除掉律所 |
[24:26] | get rid of the other half of Pearson Hardman in the first place | 另一个合伙人 并坐上一把椅的唯一原因 |
[24:29] | was by threatening to tell her about his affair? | 就是威胁丹尼尔说要把外遇的事情告诉他老婆 |
[24:32] | That was the means, not the end. | 那只是手段 不是目的 |
[24:34] | We had a good reason, and you know that. | 你也知道 我们的初衷是好的 |
[24:35] | That’s not my point. | 我想说的不是这个 |
[24:36] | Alicia’s dead. Our leverage is gone. | 艾丽西娅死了 制衡他的东西不存在了 |
[24:40] | That was five years ago. | 那是五年前的事情了 |
[24:42] | A lot can happen in five years. | 五年时间里能发生很多事情 |
[24:43] | And what Daniel Hardman’s been doing for the last five years | 而丹尼尔·哈德曼在过去的五年时间里一直在做的 |
[24:45] | is dreaming of the day he comes back | 就是梦想着某天他能回来 |
[24:48] | and screws us both out of our jobs. | 把咱俩都除掉 |
[24:52] | There’s an easy way to find out. | 有个办法能试探出他的心思 |
[24:54] | Then let’s do it. | 那就开始着手吧 |
[24:55] | ‘Cause I can tell you this, that asshole’s coming back. | 因为那个混球要回来了 |
[24:58] | And he isn’t coming because he wants to be number two. | 而且他可不是为了坐公司的二把椅才回来的 |
[25:07] | I got to say, he looks good. | 我得说 他看上去气色不错 |
[25:09] | Being a prick keeps you handsome. | 为恶者终得颜 |
[25:11] | Are you saying that I’m handsome? | 你是在间接夸我帅吗 |
[25:13] | The fact that you think that comment was directed at you | 在你认为我的话是夸奖你的同时 |
[25:15] | makes you self-centered and vain at the same time. | 你也变得刚愎自负 |
[25:18] | Doesn’t mean it wasn’t directed at me. | 可这也不意味着你没在夸我 |
[25:19] | It was. | 没错 |
[25:22] | Which means I’m also omniscient | 这说明我不仅无所不能 |
[25:24] | and handsome. | 而且还英俊潇洒 |
[25:25] | You left out arrogant, | 撇去你的自大 |
[25:27] | you know, you and Daniel are cut from the same cloth. | 你和丹尼尔就是一路货色 |
[25:29] | That’s why I don’t like him. | 所以我不待见他 |
[25:31] | “There can be only one.” | “一山不容二虎” |
[25:33] | We’re at a funeral, and you’re quoting Highlander? | 我们可在参加葬礼 你还有心情引用《挑战者》 |
[25:36] | Yeah, a lot of people die in it. | 那电影里死了很多人 |
[25:37] | Seems appropriate. | 还蛮应景的 |
[25:40] | You know the one key difference between the two of us? | 你知道我和他的根本区别是什么吗 |
[25:43] | He’s a lying snake in the grass | 他是躲在草丛中伺机而动的毒蛇 |
[25:44] | who’ll say or do anything. | 为达目的不择手段 |
[25:56] | Mr. Ross, the truth is I don’t remember | 罗斯先生 事实上我记不太清 |
[25:58] | where the James Jenkins pitch came from. | 詹姆斯·詹金斯的构思来自哪里 |
[26:00] | Then it could have come from Myra. | 可能那构思是迈拉的 |
[26:02] | Well, it could have, but it doesn’t matter. | 有可能 不过无关紧要 |
[26:03] | Even if I had stolen it, she signed the employee agreement. | 即使我剽窃了构思 她也是签署了员工合同的 |
[26:06] | Which gives Drecker publishing the rights to her work product. | 因此德瑞克出版社有权出版她的作品 |
[26:09] | Yes, I know. | 这点我知道 |
[26:09] | Well, then you also know I’m not going | 那你也一定知道我不会给她认可的 |
[26:11] | to taint my company’s reputation by giving Myra credit. | 那会有损我公司的名声 |
[26:13] | I’m not asking you to give her credit. | 我不是要你给她认可 |
[26:15] | I’m asking you to give her compensation | 我是要你给她 |
[26:16] | in exchange for a confidential settlement agreement, | 用以交换机密协调书的补偿 |
[26:18] | which protects your reputation. | 这样才能保住你公司的声誉 |
[26:22] | That sounds like blackmail. | 听起来简直是敲诈 |
[26:25] | Ms. Beckman. | 贝克曼女士 |
[26:27] | This lawsuit is the only thing | 只有这个诉讼案才能阻止 |
[26:28] | holding up a billion-dollar merger. | 这桩价值十亿美元的并购案 |
[26:30] | And every day that it drags on, | 每多拖延一天 |
[26:31] | it’s costing your company more money. | 你的公司就要花更多的钱 |
[26:33] | What I’m talking about | 我的建议是 |
[26:35] | is giving Myra Harrison a crumb of a crumb. | 给迈拉·哈里森些皮毛 |
[26:38] | So stop worrying about what it sounds like, | 别再纠结听上去怎样 |
[26:39] | and start writing a check. | 去开支票吧 |
[26:43] | How much is it gonna cost? | 要开多少钱的支票 |
[26:46] | That’s what I want to hear. | 终于说到点子上了 |
[26:49] | Just look at ’em. | 瞧瞧他们的德性 |
[26:50] | Sycophants. It makes me sick. | 阿谀奉承 真令人作呕 |
[26:53] | I’m not gonna stand in line for the privilege | 我可不会排着队拍丹尼尔·哈德曼马屁 |
[26:54] | of kissing Daniel Hardman’s ass, and neither are you. | 你也不要去给我拍他的马屁 |
[26:56] | – It’s a funeral. – The man was a slave driver. | -这可是在葬礼上 -那家伙可是个奴隶主 |
[26:59] | All he ever did was shit on me | 他除了对我蔑视侮辱 |
[27:00] | and make me work long hours for him. | 就是让我为他做牛做马 |
[27:02] | I mean, where was the kind word? | 从来都是恶言相向 |
[27:04] | You know, the tiny gesture? Yeah, I don’t think so. | 美言善举 永远都不在他的字典里 |
[27:06] | – To be fair, it’s not– – Zip it, I’m talking. | -说句公道话 那… -大人说话小孩少插嘴 |
[27:08] | And then he just ups and leaves, you know? | 再然后 他就卷铺盖走人了 你知道吗 |
[27:10] | To take care of his dying wife. | 那是为了照顾他垂危的妻子 |
[27:13] | So? I’m not waiting in line, okay? | 所以呢 那我也不会排着队去拍他马屁 |
[27:16] | I’m not gonna give the guy the satisfaction. | 我不会给这家伙任何沾沾自喜的机会 |
[27:17] | What I meant was now that she’s dead, | 我的意思是说 现在既然他的妻子死了 |
[27:20] | does that mean that he’s coming back? | 是不是意味着他也要回来了 |
[27:24] | Actually, this line looks like it’s flowing. | 看样子 拍马屁的队伍要拉长了 |
[27:26] | And you’re not com–no. What is that? | 你不会…那是什么 |
[27:29] | – That’s my, uh, cancer ribbon. – No, I know what it is. | -那是我的癌症丝带 -我当然知道那是什么 |
[27:31] | Why are you wearing it? | 我是想问你为什么要戴着它 |
[27:33] | Well, I wanted to show my support for Mrs. Hardman. | 我想要借此表达对哈德曼夫人的哀悼 |
[27:35] | It’s what she died of, and I-I also had this aunt that, um, she– | 她就是死于癌症的 我有一个姑妈她也… |
[27:47] | $30,000. | 三万美元 |
[27:49] | – That is a lot of money. – Yeah, it is. | -这可真是一大笔钱 -是啊 |
[27:51] | It’s as much as they’ve ever paid for a freelance pitch. | 这是他们付给自由撰稿人的最高费用了 |
[27:53] | But those people also got credit, | 但是那些撰稿人也得到了认可 |
[27:55] | which helped them sell their next idea for more. | 那会使他们的下个创意卖到更高价钱 |
[27:58] | I thought you said you were worried | 我记得你说过你很担心 |
[27:59] | you’d never have another good idea. | 你再也想不出什么好的构思了 |
[28:02] | Myra, this is– | 迈拉 这是… |
[28:04] | This is the best deal you’re going to get. | 这已经是你所能得到的最好结果了 |
[28:05] | I’m not exactly sure that’s true. | 我对此表示怀疑 |
[28:08] | No, trust me, it is. | 相信我 这是最好的结果 |
[28:12] | You said you’re in the middle of a merger | 你说过你负责这起并购案 |
[28:13] | and that I’m an inconvenience. | 而我是个麻烦 |
[28:15] | I did my research. It’s a huge merger. | 我做过调查了 这可是个大并购案 |
[28:17] | – I told you that to help you. – You told me that to bully me. | -我那么说是为了帮你 -你那么说是为了欺负我 |
[28:20] | – You only tried to help later. – And I succeeded. | -你只是想要甩掉我这个麻烦 -我帮到你了 |
[28:23] | Which is why you have a check for $30,000 in your hands. | 所以你现在手上才会有三万美元的支票 |
[28:27] | Do you believe that was my idea? | 你相信那是我自己的构思吗 |
[28:29] | I know you do. That’s why you agreed to help. | 我知道你相信 所以你才会答应帮我 |
[28:31] | – What’s your point? – My point is… | -你想说什么 -我想说的是… |
[28:34] | Lesley was my boss, but I thought we were friends. | 莱斯利曾是我老板 我本以为我俩是朋友 |
[28:37] | So when she asked me to trust her, I did. | 所以当她要我相信她的时候 我照做了 |
[28:41] | And she betrayed me. | 可她背叛了我 |
[28:42] | Can you imagine what that would be like? | 你能体会到那种感觉吗 |
[28:57] | Got to say, up close, I feel bad for him. | 不得不说 我有点替他难过 |
[28:59] | Just don’t forget why we’re here. | 你可别忘了我们身于此处是为了什么 |
[29:03] | Daniel. | 丹尼尔 |
[29:05] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 我对令夫人的去世表示哀悼 |
[29:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:09] | Harvey. | 哈维 |
[29:10] | My condolences. | 节哀顺变 |
[29:12] | Doesn’t sound the same, coming from you. | 听上去可有点言不由衷呢 |
[29:14] | You have my sympathy for your wife, | 我很同情你妻子的遭遇 |
[29:16] | but I don’t pretend this is page one of the story. | 可我不会装作我们已经不计前嫌了 |
[29:19] | You must think I hate you both. | 你一定以为我还记恨你们两个 |
[29:20] | Well, that might have something to do with the fact | 那很可能是因为我们上次谈话时 |
[29:22] | that I was listening the last time you spoke to me. | 你对我们俩出言不逊 恶语相加 |
[29:26] | I was pissed, wasn’t I? | 我当时暴跳如雷 是吧 |
[29:27] | You threw your phone at my head. | 你把电话扔到我头上 |
[29:28] | I did miss though. | 不过当时并没砸中 |
[29:30] | That’s because you throw like a girl. | 那是因为你扔得没有力道和准头 |
[29:31] | You’re still angry, Harvey, and I don’t blame you. | 你还是那么耿耿于怀 哈维 我理解 |
[29:35] | But what you don’t understand | 但是你所不知道的是 |
[29:36] | is the last five years have changed everything for me. | 过去的五年改变了我整个人生 |
[29:40] | How so? | 怎么回事 |
[29:43] | I reconnected with Alicia. | 我重新和艾丽西娅在一起了 |
[29:45] | I cared for her. | 我爱她 |
[29:47] | I know you can’t get back lost time with your family, | 我知道我错过的家庭时光再也无法重来 |
[29:52] | but you can make up for it. | 但我会尽力弥补过去的遗憾 |
[29:56] | Look at Sarah. | 看看萨拉 |
[29:57] | I never really knew her, and now I do. | 我以前从没了解过她 现在不同了 |
[30:00] | Last time I saw her, she was a little girl. | 上次我看见她的时候 她还是个小女孩 |
[30:03] | She just graduated high school. | 她才刚从高中毕业 |
[30:05] | Going to Harvard, this fall. | 今年秋天 就要去哈佛读书了 |
[30:09] | The truth is… | 事实上 |
[30:10] | What you did to me | 你们当年对我做的那些事 |
[30:11] | was the best thing anyone could have done for me. | 是我这一生中最大的恩惠 |
[30:14] | That mean you’re coming back? | 那你会回公司吗 |
[30:17] | It’s my wife’s funeral, Harvey. | 这可是我妻子的葬礼 哈维 |
[30:21] | I haven’t given it any real thought yet. | 我都还没认真想过这事 |
[30:27] | I am a changed man, Jessica. | 我已经洗心革面了 杰西卡 |
[30:29] | And I have you to thank for it. | 这都多亏了你 |
[30:34] | You actually buying that pious bullshit? | 你真的相信那些鬼话吗 |
[30:36] | Not for a second. | 完全不信 |
[30:38] | He’s coming for us. | 他会来报复我们的 |
[30:40] | I can stop him before he even gets through the door. | 我能在他离开大门前就阻止他 |
[30:42] | I don’t see how you’re gonna be able to do that. | 我可想象不出你有什么办法做到 |
[30:44] | I’ll have extra motivation. | 我有附加条件 |
[30:47] | – You want the kid to stay. – Yes. | -你要那孩子留下 -是的 |
[30:50] | Like I said, cut from the same cloth. | 如我所料 真是千篇一律 |
[30:52] | Make it happen. | 阻止哈德曼 |
[30:54] | You’ve got yourself a deal. | 我就不开除迈克 一言为定 |
[31:06] | Why haven’t I been notified that my merger’s closing? | 我怎么还没收到那件合并案解决的消息 |
[31:09] | Uh, the plaintiff’s refusing to settle without credit. | 原告要求认可 否则拒绝接受协商 |
[31:11] | What happened to steamrolling her? | 恐吓计划进展不顺吗 |
[31:13] | She realized that she’s in a unique position | 她意识到自己在打的官司 |
[31:15] | to hold up the merger. | 会影响公司的合并 |
[31:16] | How the hell did she realize that? | 她是怎么意识到的 |
[31:18] | Oh, no, wait. Don’t tell me. | 不 等等 我猜猜 |
[31:20] | You fell in love with her, and then you told her. | 你对她一见钟情然后全盘托出了 |
[31:22] | No, I did not fall in love with her, | 不 我没爱上她 |
[31:24] | But…yeah, I believe her. | 但… 是啊 我相信她 |
[31:27] | – You’re kidding me. – What? | -你开什么玩笑 -怎么了 |
[31:29] | I’m fighting for your job, | 我在努力为你保住饭碗 |
[31:31] | and you’re gonna screw up this merger? | 而你竟然连这合并案都搞不定 |
[31:32] | – Are you? – Am I what? | -你真的在吗 -在什么 |
[31:35] | fighting for my job. | 为我保饭碗 |
[31:37] | Because you’re not, this is gonna be my last case, | 要是你不在 这可能是我的最后一桩案件了 |
[31:39] | And I’m not sure I want to go down fighting for the wrong side. | 我可不想帮了恶人的忙 |
[31:41] | What makes you think I’m not fighting for you? | 你怎么会怀疑我不在为你努力 |
[31:44] | Mm, I don’t know. Your career–my anything. | 谁知道呢 你一直以自身利益为重什么的 |
[31:46] | Oh, you got a lot of nerve. | 你还真是好意思 |
[31:48] | You have no idea what I’ve been doing for you. | 你根本不知道我为你付出了多少 |
[31:50] | Maybe. But you and I both know | 也许 但我们都心知肚明 |
[31:51] | you were gonna fire me the other day, don’t we? | 你总有一天会把我开除的 不是吗 |
[31:54] | Don’t answer that. I can see the look on your face. | 不用回答了 我看你的表情就能明白 |
[31:57] | It’s the same look I can see in here, from that morning, | 其实从今天一大早 我就发现了 |
[32:00] | clear as a bell. | 你表情太明显 |
[32:01] | What I was going to do and what I did | 我原本计划的和我实际做了的 |
[32:03] | aren’t the same thing. | 可不是一回事 |
[32:04] | Like the first day I met you, | 就像我遇见你的第一天 |
[32:06] | when you were gonna deal drugs and you didn’t. | 你正打算贩毒 但你没有 |
[32:08] | Look, I can’t tell you everything that’s going on here, all right? | 我现在没法把所有的情况都告诉你 好吗 |
[32:12] | But you have to trust me. | 但你得相信我 |
[32:14] | You are not getting fired on my watch. | 只要我还在 你就不会被炒 |
[32:21] | I trust you. | 我相信你 |
[32:23] | Then stop worrying about what side you’re on, | 那就别再纠结孰是孰非了 |
[32:25] | and take care of that lawsuit. | 快点把那案子了结 |
[32:31] | Hey, Rachel, do you have a minute? | 瑞秋 你有空吗 |
[32:33] | – I need to– – No, I don’t. | -我需要… -不 我没空 |
[32:33] | Got your message loud and clear. | 你的消息传达得很明确 我都明白 |
[32:35] | – Wait. What? – Look, I’m not mad. | -等等 什么 -听着 我可没疯 |
[32:37] | I’m just in the middle of a lot of work right now. | 但我现在有一大堆工作忙不过来 |
[32:39] | So if you’re looking for a friend, I– | 所以如果你是要找个朋友倾诉 |
[32:41] | I just really don’t have the time. Sorry. | 真抱歉 我没时间 |
[32:47] | What message? | 什么消息啊 |
[32:56] | You must really be needing some love. | 你最近还真是缺爱啊 |
[32:58] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[32:59] | Those cookies are from the Eisenhower administration. | 这些饼干放了大半个世纪了 |
[33:05] | You know… | 你知道… |
[33:07] | sometimes– | 有时候 |
[33:10] | sometimes I wish I could go back. | 有时候我真希望能回到过去 |
[33:12] | To when? | 回到何时 |
[33:14] | Before…it. | 回到…那事发生之前 |
[33:21] | When I was little, | 我小时候 |
[33:21] | I used to sit with my grandmother whenever I was upset. | 每次不开心 都会去找我奶奶 |
[33:25] | A mother loves you, but a grandmother– | 母亲会爱你 但是奶奶… |
[33:28] | always on your side. | 会永远支持你 |
[33:30] | Do you remember that time that I… | 你记不记得 有一次… |
[33:32] | ran away to your place? | 我离家出走 跑去你家 |
[33:34] | You were so mad they wouldn’t let you stay up | 你妈不让你熬夜看《考斯比一家》[美国情景喜剧] |
[33:37] | to watch the cosby show. | 你气得要死 |
[33:38] | I know. It’s so unreasonable, right? | 我知道 那太不讲理了 不是吗 |
[33:40] | But you were six. | 但你那时才六岁 |
[33:43] | You took me in, told me that story– | 你带我进房 给我讲了个故事 |
[33:45] | The time you ran away from your parents. | 你曾经离家出走的事 |
[33:47] | Yeah, I ended up getting found by some dock workers | 是啊 我被几个码头工人捡到了 |
[33:51] | 3 miles from the house. | 离家整整3英里远 |
[33:52] | Yeah, that’s the one. | 没错 就是这事儿 |
[33:55] | – Never happened. – What? | -这事是我编的 -什么 |
[33:57] | I just wanted to make you miss your mom and dad. | 我只是想让你思念你父母 |
[34:01] | I basically told you Hansel and Gretel. | 我不过是照搬了《糖果屋》[格林童话]的情节 |
[34:04] | What? No. It ends so differently. | 什么 这不可能 结局完全不一样 |
[34:07] | I added some touches. | 我自己做了些改编 |
[34:09] | You wouldn’t have bought | 我要是说我被码头工人吃了 |
[34:10] | me getting eaten by the dock workers. | 你肯定不信啊 |
[34:13] | You were six, you weren’t an imbecile. | 你是才六岁 但你可不是个傻子 |
[34:15] | There is nothing new un– | 这一切根本就是… |
[34:19] | under the sun. | 老调重弹 |
[34:21] | What? | 什么 |
[34:22] | I suddenly feel so much better. | 我瞬间精神起来了 |
[34:25] | Thank you. Mwah! | 谢谢你 |
[34:29] | Oh, and is there anything else you haven’t been telling me? | 对了 你还有啥事没告诉我的吗 |
[34:31] | Like, am I from Krypton? | 比如 我真是从氪星[超人故乡]来的吗 |
[34:33] | Possible. | 有可能 |
[34:51] | Hi. Harvey Specter. | 你好 我是哈维·斯佩克特 |
[34:54] | I’m sarah. | 我是萨拉 |
[34:56] | Um, I saw you talking to my father at the service. | 我看见你在葬礼上和我父亲讲话 |
[34:58] | We used to work together. | 我们以前共事过 |
[35:00] | Did you know my mom? | 你认识我母亲吗 |
[35:02] | Not as well as I would have liked. | 很遗憾 并不熟悉 |
[35:05] | Um, I was just going out. | 我正准备出去 |
[35:07] | I need a walk. | 我想散散步 |
[35:09] | Dad’s just over there. | 爸爸就在那 |
[35:11] | I’m sure he’ll be happy to see you. | 他见到你一定很高兴 |
[35:14] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[35:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:26] | Will you excuse me for one second? | 对不起我失陪一会 |
[35:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:33] | Harvey? | 哈维 |
[35:35] | You brought food. | 你带了食物 |
[35:36] | New York’s finest. | 纽约的极品美食 |
[35:36] | New York’s finest. | 纽约的极品美食 |
[35:37] | You didn’t want to come empty-handed. | 你不想空手而来 |
[35:37] | You didn’t want to come empty-handed. | 你不想空手而来 |
[35:39] | I didn’t want to come here at all. | 我根本不想来 |
[35:39] | I didn’t want to come here at all. | 我根本不想来 |
[35:41] | But you want to make sure I don’t come back. | 但你想确定我不会回公司 |
[35:41] | But you want to make sure I don’t come back. | 但你想确定我不会回公司 |
[35:44] | When we found out about your little scam, | 当我们发现你的小骗局时 |
[35:44] | When we found out about your little scam, | 当我们发现你的小骗局时 |
[35:46] | I wanted to go public. Jessica said no. | 我想公诸于世 但杰西卡不同意 |
[35:46] | {\3c& | 我想公诸于世 但杰西卡不同意 |
[35:48] | Didn’t want to damage the firm’s reputation. | 她不想影响律所的声誉 |
[35:50] | She always was a strategic thinker. | 她总是这么精明 万无一失 |
[35:52] | But you’ve been gone a long time. | 但你已经离开很长时间了 |
[35:55] | Now when we tell everyone what you were up to, | 如果我们现在把你以前那些事公开 |
[35:57] | Our reputation will be fine, yours won’t. | 我们的声誉不会受到损害 你可就惨了 |
[35:59] | As I said before, | 就像我之前说的 |
[36:00] | I haven’t decided what the future holds for me. | 我还没决定好之后要走怎样的路 |
[36:04] | And all your little threat is doing is… | 而你这些微不足道的威胁… |
[36:07] | making me want to come back. | 只会让我更想回公司 |
[36:11] | When I was growing up, I had a friend | 在我的成长过程中 我有个朋友 |
[36:12] | who found out that his mother never loved his father. | 发现他母亲从没爱过他父亲 |
[36:16] | She cheated on him their whole marriage, then left him. | 她从头到尾都在欺骗他 最后一走了之 |
[36:19] | He never forgave her. | 他一直没原谅她 |
[36:20] | If you come back, here’s what’s gonna happen. | 如果你回来 这个故事会在你身上重演 |
[36:22] | Your daughter’s gonna find out what kind of man her father is. | 你女儿将发现她的父亲是个怎样的恶人 |
[36:26] | Everything. | 得知所有内幕 |
[36:28] | You think I won’t do that? | 你以为我不会这么做吗 |
[36:30] | I will. | 我会的 |
[36:34] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[36:36] | To protect my own. | 为了保护我自己的利益 |
[36:40] | Do us all a favor and set up shop somewhere else. | 给大家都行个方便 去其他地方开店吧 |
[36:53] | It’s done. | 解决了 |
[36:54] | He won’t be coming back. | 他不会回来的 |
[36:56] | Think I figured out a way to get everybody what they want. | 我想我找到两全其美的办法了 |
[36:59] | Well, that’s good. | 那就好 |
[37:02] | What’s she doing here? | 她在这干什么 |
[37:03] | Well, she’s here to get what she wants. | 她来争取自己想得到的利益 |
[37:06] | Which is what, exactly? | 你到底想要什么 |
[37:07] | – Credit. – That’s all Myra’s looking for. | -认可 -这就是她要的 |
[37:09] | So just admit that you remember the pitch | 所以你只要承认这是她的构思 |
[37:11] | and that you know what you did. | 然后你做了什么你也清楚 |
[37:13] | I have no intention of doing that because it’s not true. | 我无意接受 这并不是事实 |
[37:16] | So you’d be willing to take a lie-detector test | 所以你一定要通过测谎 |
[37:18] | to that effect, then? | 才愿意承认吗 |
[37:20] | I most certainly will not. | 我不会接受测谎 |
[37:22] | And I don’t appreciate being spoken to like this | 但我也不能接受被自己的顾问 |
[37:24] | by my own counsel. | 这样盘问 |
[37:25] | Well, the thing is, Lesley, that Myra’s not the only one | 事实上 莱斯利 迈拉不是唯一 |
[37:28] | who signed an agreement with Drecker publishing. | 和德瑞克出版社签约的人 |
[37:30] | So did you. | 你也是 |
[37:31] | And that agreement gives them the right | 如果你拒绝接受测谎 |
[37:32] | to terminate you if you refuse to submit to a polygraph. | 根据这份协议 他们有权开除你 |
[37:35] | And I happen to represent them, not you. | 而我恰好是他们的辩护律师 而非你的 |
[37:41] | I took it. | 是我做的 |
[37:42] | I was under the gun. | 我是被逼的 |
[37:44] | I was entitled to it, so I took it. | 我有权这么做 我就做了 |
[37:45] | You offered me advice, and I trusted you. | 你给了我意见 我相信了你 |
[37:48] | She’s threatened by you, Myra. | 你威胁到她了 迈拉 |
[37:50] | Not a good choice of mentor. | 只能说你没选好导师 |
[37:52] | Now look, you got the credit you wanted… | 既然你得到了你想要的认可 |
[37:56] | So sign the deal. | 那就把协议签了吧 |
[37:59] | No, I want public credit. Not credit in here. | 我希望得到公开认可 而不是私下的 |
[38:01] | This doesn’t do me any good. | 这对我根本没用 |
[38:03] | I thought you might say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[38:04] | Which is why I have spent the last 24 hours | 所以我在过去24小时里 |
[38:08] | scanning the entire Drecker publishing catalog. | 浏览了德瑞克出版社的所有书目 |
[38:12] | Robert Fallow, | 罗伯特·费罗 |
[38:14] | Jonathan Daken, | 乔纳森·戴肯 |
[38:16] | And, my personal favorite, Lester Collins. | 还有我个人的最爱 莱斯特·柯林斯 |
[38:20] | Any one of them could have been written | 其中任何一本的内容 |
[38:21] | on the basis of your pitch. | 都有可能建立在你的构思上 |
[38:22] | But they weren’t | 但这并不可能 |
[38:24] | because they were written years before it. | 因为他们写书的时间比你早了好几年 |
[38:26] | Are you saying I plagiarized them? | 你是在说我抄袭他们吗 |
[38:29] | I’m–I’m saying there’s nothing new under the sun. | 我只是说天下作文一大抄 |
[38:32] | Now I suggest you sign that deal and go home. | 现在我建议你签了协议 然后回家洗洗睡 |
[38:35] | Otherwise we’re gonna countersue | 不然我们就反诉你 |
[38:36] | for plagiarizing your pitch from our previous works. | 从已出版作品中抄袭构思 |
[38:39] | But it’s not true. | 但这不是事实 |
[38:40] | It’s no less legitimate than claiming | 这和之前那事是一个道理 |
[38:41] | we stole something you gave us the rights to. | 你声称我们偷取了你授权给我们的构思 |
[38:43] | And, more importantly, | 更重要的是 |
[38:44] | it puts you over a barrel, which is where you think you have us. | 这会逆转现在的情况 你将成为被动的一方 |
[39:01] | Myra. | 迈拉 |
[39:03] | You want to be writer? | 你想当作家吗 |
[39:05] | Then write. | 那就好好写作 |
[39:06] | But don’t ever threaten me or my firm again. | 但不许你再威胁我或我们律所 |
[39:16] | – You look happy. – I am happy. | -看上去心情很好嘛 -心情是不错 |
[39:18] | Anything I should know? | 有话要跟我说吗 |
[39:19] | Welcome to Pearson Hardman. | 欢迎加入皮尔逊·哈德曼律所 |
[39:22] | Anything I should know? | 有话要跟我说吗 |
[39:24] | Settled the case. | 案子搞定了 |
[39:25] | Merger paperwork’s on the way. | 并购文件马上就能准备好 |
[39:27] | You slammed the plaintiff? | 你收拾了原告 |
[39:28] | – Oh, I slammed everybody. – What I like to hear. | -我把所有人都收拾了 -正合我意 |
[39:33] | When I ran Pearson Hardman… | 我经营皮尔逊·哈德曼的时候 |
[39:36] | I was charming, witty and adorable. | 我风趣幽默 受人敬重 |
[39:43] | I was also unscrupulous… | 可同时 我不择手段 |
[39:46] | Power-hungry and greedy. | 追名逐利 贪得无厌 |
[39:48] | I thought I could get away with anything. | 我以为我能摆平一切 |
[39:49] | And that’s exactly what I tried to do. | 我也不断地在以身犯险 |
[39:51] | I risked the firm’s reputation | 我把公司的名声 |
[39:53] | And the careers of everyone in it. | 和各位的前途都放在了赌桌上 |
[39:57] | These last few years have humbled me. | 这几年的事情改变了我 |
[40:01] | And I’ve decided to come back | 因此我决定回来 |
[40:02] | and show that we can be a successful law firm | 告诉世人就算规规矩矩做事 |
[40:04] | Without breaking the rules. | 我们也能成为一家成功的律所 |
[40:07] | Unfortunately, the only way that I can do that | 天不遂人愿 我如果要这么做 |
[40:09] | is by coming clean about my past. | 就必须洗清我的过去 |
[40:12] | Because if we are busy hiding what we have done… | 因为如果我们忙着遮掩过去的罪行 |
[40:17] | It leaves us vulnerable | 这将成为致命弱点 |
[40:19] | to anyone who discovers our secrets. | 落把柄于他手 |
[40:21] | And we become so consumed with keeping them, | 为了掩盖这些丑事 |
[40:25] | that it is a slippery slope to doing even worse things. | 我们将要做更多的丑事去弥补 |
[40:30] | While I was head of this firm, | 当我还是这家公司的主管时 |
[40:32] | I borrowed funds from various escrow accounts. | 我从很多第三方账户拆借过资金 |
[40:37] | The clients never found out about it. | 客户从来都没发现过 |
[40:39] | I paid back every cent but make no mistake. | 我悄然无息地全补上了 |
[40:41] | I could have been convicted of theft, plain and simple. | 显然 这足够构成挪用公款的罪名 |
[40:45] | I want everyone here to know the kind of man I was. | 我想让这里的各位都了解我曾经的为人 |
[40:50] | And the kind of man I am. | 见证我现在的为人 |
[40:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:00] | Go home now. | 快回家 |
[41:02] | Don’t come back. | 别回公司 |
[41:08] | You and I are gonna have a talk. | 我们得谈一谈 |
[41:13] | I understand why you had Harvey do what he did. | 我明白你为何让哈维阻止我回来 |
[41:16] | But I’m not the same person. | 但我已经不是从前那个我了 |
[41:19] | And the only way that I could think to prove it | 只有像刚才那样解释一切 |
[41:20] | was by doing what I just did. | 才能证明这点 |
[41:24] | I told my daughter everything. | 我向女儿坦白了一切 |
[41:26] | I hope we can figure out a way to work together. | 希望我们能和平共事 |
[41:39] | Didn’t think you’d have the guts to show up. | 没想到你还有胆子来 |
[41:41] | – What do you want? – What do I want? | -你想怎样 -我想怎样 |
[41:42] | I want to know how my best friend | 我想知道我最好的朋友 |
[41:43] | could do this to me. | 怎么能做出这种事 |
[41:44] | Do what to you? | 哪种事 |
[41:46] | Betray you? Go behind your back? | 背叛你 在你背后玩阴的吗 |
[41:48] | I stood there joking with you– my friend, my buddy. | 我站在那儿和你称兄道弟 |
[41:52] | And my girlfriend was in your shower, | 而我女朋友就在你的浴室里 |
[41:54] | three feet away. | 离我不到一米 |
[41:55] | Hope you two had a good laugh about that. | 你们俩是不是把我当笑话看 |
[41:58] | I was gonna tell you, Trevor. | 我正准备告诉你的 特雷弗 |
[41:59] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[42:02] | And I wasn’t gonna tell Jenny about Rachel, | 我本不想和珍妮说瑞秋的事 |
[42:04] | But I did. | 但我说了 |
[42:05] | How’d you even know about me and Rachel? | 你是怎么知道我和瑞秋的事的 |
[42:07] | You know what? You’re so smart, | 你不是够聪明吗 |
[42:08] | you figure it out. | 自己想吧 |
[42:09] | Okay, yeah, you got me. Jenny broke up with me. | 好吧 你成功了 珍妮和我分手了 |
[42:11] | But you went to my boss. You tried to ruin my life. | 但你竟然去找我的老板 试图毁掉我的人生 |
[42:16] | We’re even. | 我们扯平了 |
[42:19] | 990-36-7249 990-36-7249. | |
[42:24] | It’s your social security number, right? | 你的社保号 对吧 |
[42:26] | I saw it on your dad’s desk when we were in the sixth grade. | 六年级的时候我在你爸桌上看到的 |
[42:30] | See, you think that you can mess with my life, | 你以为你能搞得我生活一团糟 |
[42:32] | And I can’t mess with yours, but I can. | 我对你就没辙了吗 大错特错 |
[42:35] | The only thing that’s stopped me until now | 可到目前为止我都没这么做 |
[42:36] | is the fact that I actually cared about you. | 全都是因为我在乎你 |
[42:38] | But now, after this, | 但今天之后 |
[42:39] | I really don’t give a sh– about you anymore. | 我再也不会管你死活了 |
[42:44] | You might not have my memory, | 你也许脑子没我好使 |
[42:45] | ut you better remember that. | 但这话最好给我记清楚了 |
[42:55] | What the hell did you say to Daniel? | 你到底对丹尼尔说了什么 |
[42:57] | Does it matter? | 还重要吗 |
[42:58] | What matters is I don’t ever want | 重要的是我不想再在 |
[42:59] | to see Mike Ross in this office again. | 这间办公室里看见迈克·罗斯 |
[43:01] | – Well, that’s not gonna happen. – Excuse me? | -恕我难以从命 -你说什么 |
[43:05] | I’m not firing him. | 我不会开除他的 |
[43:07] | Then I’ll fire him. | 那我开 |
[43:09] | No, you won’t. | 你不会的 |
[43:10] | You said you gave me the benefit of the doubt | 你说如果我一直知道迈克的事 |
[43:12] | that I didn’t know about Mike, | 你就会把我开除 |
[43:13] | otherwise you’d fire me too. | 但你打算当我不知道 |
[43:19] | Well, I knew. | 我知道迈克的事 |
[43:22] | You trying to force my hand? | 你是想逼我开除你吗 |
[43:23] | I’m trying to stay your hand. | 我是想让你手下留情 |
[43:24] | He goes, I go. | 他走 我也走 |
[43:28] | Pack up your things. You’re done. | 收拾好东西 你被解雇了 |
[43:31] | There’s only one problem with that. | 这样做你会有个麻烦 |
[43:33] | Daniel’s coming for your job. | 丹尼尔可盯着你的位子 |
[43:35] | If I leave now, | 如果我现在走了 |
[43:36] | He’ll smell something’s wrong, he’ll figure out what it is. | 他会嗅到异常 再查出问题 |
[43:38] | You’ll look reckless | 你或是疏忽大意 |
[43:40] | for letting me hire a kid without a degree, | 让我雇了一个没有学历的孩子 |
[43:42] | or foolish for not knowing I did it. | 或是愚蠢之极 竟然对此毫不知情 |
[43:44] | Neither quality | 不管怎么说 |
[43:44] | being an asset in a managing partner. | 这都不是一名经营合伙人该有的品质 |
[43:46] | Which makes you vulnerable. | 这将成为你的软肋 |
[43:47] | All because you hired | 但全都是因为你一开始 |
[43:49] | the goddamn kid in the first place. | 雇了这个死孩子 |
[43:50] | Be that as it may, he’ll use it against you. | 就算如此 他也会利用这个对付你 |
[43:54] | You need me. | 你需要我 |
[43:56] | And I’m not staying without Mike. | 而我誓死要和迈克在一起 |
[44:27] | Hey, Mike, it’s Rachel. | 迈克 我是瑞秋 |
[44:30] | I know I shouldn’t be doing this, | 我知道我不该这么做 |
[44:31] | And I-I know you’re seeing jenny, | 我知道你在跟珍妮约会 |
[44:33] | But I can’t stop thinking about the kiss. | 但我忘不了那一吻 |
[44:36] | And…I can’t go back. | 我做不到还像从前一样了 |
[44:42] | – Hello– – Get your ass in here. | -喂 -给我滚过来 |
[44:45] | On my way. | 这就来 |
[45:15] | I thought– | 我以为 |
[45:19] | Harvey said he wanted to see me. | 哈维说他要见我 |
[45:20] | He said, “Get your ass in here.” | 他只让你滚过来 |
[45:23] | Am I fired? | 我被开除了吗 |
[45:24] | You should be. | 本该如此 |
[45:28] | That imply that I’m not? | 意思是现在不开除我了 |
[45:29] | Not necessarily. | 也不尽然 |
[45:31] | However, if I’m going to accept this situation… | 但要想让我接受这个情况 |
[45:35] | Then I want to know everything there is to know. | 你就得对我坦白一切 |
[45:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[45:41] | Where do I start? | 从何说起呢 |
[45:42] | Why don’t you tell me | 干脆就从 |
[45:43] | how the hell you got Harvey to hire you in the first place. | 你当初是如何让哈维收了你开始 |
[45:47] | Fire up that laptop and I’ll show you. | 启动下那台电脑 我演示给你看 |
[45:50] | Ask me anything there is to know about the law. | 随便问我任何关于法律的问题 |
[45:53] | That’s how you did it? | 原来是这样 |
[45:56] | You beat him? | 你打败他了吗 |
[46:01] | Well, I’m not Harvey. | 我可不是哈维 |
[46:09] | I don’t need a computer. | 我不需要电脑 |
[46:09] | I don’t need a computer. | 我不需要电脑 |