时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Maybe you don’t know how babies are made. | 也许你不清楚生孩子的事 |
[00:08] | Because when people are trying, | 因为想要孩子的人 |
[00:10] | they know they’re trying! | 就知道自己在尝试 |
[00:11] | And just because no one ever wants to try with you | 就因为没人愿意和你尝试 |
[00:13] | doesn’t give you the right | 不代表你就有权 |
[00:14] | to tell me how to run my associates! | 教我怎么管理新律师 |
[00:16] | I think Rachel should handle the associates. | 我觉得新律师应该交给瑞秋 |
[00:18] | I am up here; Rachel’s down here. | 我在这里 瑞秋在这里 |
[00:21] | And you don’t give dominion over the associates | 你不能让处于这种低位置的人 |
[00:23] | to someone down here. | 来管理新律师 |
[00:24] | Which one of my clients are you after? | 你想要我的哪一个客户 |
[00:25] | Because we both know you can’t have Pfizer. | 因为我们都清楚你不能把辉瑞制药拿走 |
[00:27] | – Yes, I can. – Then make me name partner. | -不 我可以 -那你得让我当冠名合伙人 |
[00:30] | Harvey’s making his friend name partner. | 哈维要让他一个朋友做冠名合伙人 |
[00:31] | He’s accused me of being jealous, | 他还说是我在妒忌 |
[00:33] | and I don’t know what to do. | 我不知道怎么办 |
[00:34] | – Are you jealous? – Of course I’m goddamn jealous! | -那你是在妒忌吗 -我当然妒忌死了 |
[00:37] | If you keep letting your emotions dictate your behavior, | 如果你继续放任自己感情用事 |
[00:40] | you won’t need to worry about being replaced. | 也不用再担心被他人替代 |
[00:42] | You’ll drive Harvey away all by yourself. | 因为你自己就会亲手把哈维推开 |
[00:45] | Stop apologizing and start intimidating. | 停止道歉 开始威胁 |
[00:47] | That’s a hell of a slogan, Harvey, | 标语很好 哈维 |
[00:48] | but what does it actually mean? | 但这到底是什么意思 |
[00:49] | It means you go out, you find a reporter, | 意思是你现在出去 找个记者 |
[00:52] | and you control the narrative. | 你说出你的故事 |
[00:53] | If I lose this case, the only article that’s | 如果我输了这个案子 唯一 |
[00:56] | gonna get written is that I never should’ve been able | 写出来的文章会是我一开始 |
[00:57] | to practice law in the first place. | 就不该做律师 |
[00:59] | If you can’t figure out a way to win, | 如果你想不出不用瑞秋帮忙就能赢的办法 |
[01:01] | maybe I shouldn’t have brought you back in the first place. | 那也许我一开始就不应该让你回来 |
[01:03] | A reporter from the “Times” Is coming here. | 《泰晤士报》来了个记者 |
[01:05] | We are doing an interview: | 我们要接受个采访 |
[01:06] | “The Redemption of a Fraudulent Lawyer.” | 欺诈律师的救赎之路 |
[01:09] | I don’t want my behavior | 但我不希望我的行为 |
[01:11] | to drive a wedge between us, | 导致我们产生隔阂 |
[01:13] | which means I accept Alex as name partner. | 所以我接受亚历克斯成为冠名合伙人 |
[01:15] | For what it’s worth, Alex is still coming, | 不管怎样 亚历克斯还是要来 |
[01:17] | but not as name partner. | 但他不会成为冠名合伙人 |
[01:18] | – Really? – You’re right. | -真的吗 -你说得对 |
[01:19] | We can’t water down the firm like that. | 不该这样稀释公司的质量 |
[01:25] | I have to say… | 我得说 |
[01:28] | I’ve been wanting this for so long. | 这一天我等了好久了 |
[01:30] | Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would come true. | 我最疯狂的梦中也不敢想象这会成真 |
[01:35] | We’re the only name partners now, Louis. | 冠名合伙人现在只剩我们了 路易 |
[01:37] | And I meant it when I said it. | 我那话是真心的 |
[01:40] | I want us to share things like this. | 我希望我们能分享这样的事 |
[01:42] | I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. | 我现在的开心简直无法言表 |
[01:45] | You’re not gonna cry, are you? | 你不会要哭吧 |
[01:46] | Are you kidding? The last time I cried in here, | 开玩笑吗 我上次在这里哭 |
[01:48] | I messed up the pH. | 破坏了酸碱度 |
[01:49] | I had a yeast infection for weeks. | 患了数周的酵母菌感染 |
[01:50] | You’re not gonna do the other thing you told me | 你不会做那件你告诉我你在 |
[01:52] | you did in the mud, are you? | 泥巴里做过的事吧 |
[01:55] | Harvey, I told you, that was a one-time thing. | 哈维 我说了 那事仅此一次 |
[01:56] | And believe me, you’re no Missy Dietler. | 相信我 你可不是蜜西·蒂特乐 |
[01:59] | Who’s Missy Dietler? | 蜜西·蒂特乐是谁 |
[02:00] | – What is he doing here? – What do you mean? | -他怎么来了 -什么意思 |
[02:03] | Harvey and I go mudding together all the time. | 哈维和我经常一起泥浴 |
[02:05] | So why don’t you lug yourself out of there | 你还是赶紧出来 |
[02:06] | – so I can get my tub back? – This is my tub. | -把我的浴缸还给我 -这是我的浴缸 |
[02:09] | And you always told me it was weird for male friends | 你还一直跟我说 男性朋友一起洗泥浴 |
[02:11] | to mud together. | 很奇怪呢 |
[02:12] | But Harvey and I are more than just friends. | 但哈维和我可不仅仅是朋友 |
[02:15] | We’re best friends. | 我们是死党 |
[02:20] | And then what did you do? | 然后你做了什么 |
[02:22] | What do you think I did? I called you. | 你以为呢 我打给了你 |
[02:23] | Louis, it was just a dream. | 路易 那只是个梦 |
[02:25] | Just a dream? It was a goddamn mud-mare. | 只是个梦 那是个泥噩梦 |
[02:28] | Don’t you get it? | 你不懂吗 |
[02:29] | Harvey let his buddy into my firm. | 哈维让他的好哥们进了我的公司 |
[02:30] | Now he’s in my mud. | 现在他进了我的泥 |
[02:32] | I mean, what’s next? I walk into my bathroom | 接下来呢 我走进我的浴室 |
[02:33] | and I find him shitting on my toothbrush? | 而他在冲我的牙刷拉屎吗 |
[02:35] | Louis, we talked about this. | 路易 我们谈过的 |
[02:37] | If you let this overwhelm you, | 如果你被这种情绪左右 |
[02:38] | you’re going to bring about the thing you’re most afraid of. | 恰恰会让你最担心的事成真 |
[02:43] | Did you hear me? | 你听到我的话了吗 |
[02:44] | He was in my mud. | 他进了我的泥 |
[02:45] | How the hell am I not supposed to let that overwhelm me? | 我怎么可能不被这个影响 |
[02:48] | Well… | 好吧 |
[02:50] | has it occurred to you | 你有没有想过 |
[02:52] | that instead of worrying this Alex person | 可以不去担心这个叫亚历克斯的 |
[02:55] | is going to come between you and Harvey, | 会插在你和哈维之间 |
[02:57] | you could use this as an opportunity | 而可以以此为契机 |
[03:00] | to make a new friend? | 交个新朋友 |
[03:02] | That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. | 那是我听过的最蠢的话了 |
[03:05] | Be that as it may, | 尽管如此 |
[03:07] | as I see it, | 在我看来 |
[03:08] | you have a chance to have one more friend | 你有机会多交一个朋友 |
[03:12] | or one less friend. | 也可能失去一个朋友 |
[03:13] | I suggest you go with one more. | 我建议你选择朋友数量增长的那个 |
[03:19] | – Donna. – Rachel. | -唐娜 -瑞秋 |
[03:21] | Can I get you two anything? | 你们需要点什么吗 |
[03:22] | Coffee, tea, a copy of your article in the “Sunday Times”? | 咖啡 茶 《星期日时报》上关于你的文章 |
[03:25] | Don’t need it. Read it yesterday. Have one at home. | 不需要 昨天就看了 家里也有一份 |
[03:27] | And by one, he means ten. | 其实是十份 |
[03:29] | Are you sure you don’t want to take just one more look at it? | 确定不想再看一遍吗 |
[03:31] | I’m good. Thanks, Donna. | 不用了 谢谢 唐娜 |
[03:32] | Okeydokey. | 那好吧 |
[03:34] | You have a nice day. | 祝你们愉快 |
[03:37] | Something’s going on with her, I can tell. | 她不太对劲 我看得出 |
[03:40] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[03:41] | You telling me you didn’t notice that grin on her face? | 你没注意到她在坏笑吗 |
[03:44] | Rachel, you’ve known Donna longer than I have, | 瑞秋 你是比我认识唐娜更久 |
[03:47] | but I didn’t see a grin. | 但我没看出她在坏笑 |
[03:48] | I’m telling you, I think you’re imagining it. | 我说了 我觉得是你想多了 |
[03:51] | Right. Totally imagined it. | 嗯 完全是想多了 |
[03:54] | – Harvey. – Rachel. | -哈维 -瑞秋 |
[03:56] | You know, black can be slimming. | 黑色显瘦 |
[03:59] | Something to think about next time. | 下次要考虑到 |
[04:00] | I take it this is your way of apologizing | 我想这是你在道歉 |
[04:02] | for saying you never should’ve hired me back. | 说什么就不该再雇我回来 |
[04:04] | And it gave me a chance to say the slimming thing. | 也借机告诉你显瘦的问题 |
[04:07] | Sorry, Mike. | 抱歉 迈克 |
[04:10] | You had a point, Harvey. | 你说得对 哈维 |
[04:16] | This is the Radiant Technologies merger. | 这是光芒科技的合并案 |
[04:18] | Yep. Back to one for me. | 没错 该办我的案子了 |
[04:20] | Great, except you don’t need me for this. | 好 但这事你不需要我 |
[04:22] | Deal’s done. They sign tomorrow. | 已经完成了 明天就签了 |
[04:24] | Which is why Klein Robinson thought that I wouldn’t mind | 所以克莱恩·罗宾森才以为 |
[04:26] | if they put a few last-minute changes in the contract. | 我不介意他们临时改动一下合同 |
[04:28] | And a few last-minute changes means they’re trying to | 临时改动 等于说在 |
[04:30] | pull some last-minute bullshit. | 最后搞鬼 |
[04:31] | Now that sounds like the impressive young lawyer | 这听起来很像那个文章里报道 |
[04:33] | I read about in the article. | 厉害的年轻律师会说的话 |
[04:34] | Why don’t you figure out what they’re trying to do? | 你去查查他们在搞什么 |
[04:36] | And get it done by lunch. | 午饭之前搞定 |
[04:42] | Who says I need slimming? | 谁说我需要显瘦 |
[04:48] | *See the money, wanna stay for your meal* | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[04:52] | *Get another piece of pie for your wife* | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[04:55] | *Everybody wanna know how it feel* | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[04:58] | *Everybody wanna see what it’s like* | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[05:02] | *I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind* | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[05:05] | *Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money* | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[05:09] | *All right* | *好了* |
[05:11] | *All step back, I’m ’bout to dance* | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[05:16] | *The greenback boogie* | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[05:22] | Don’t be hostile. | 别有敌意 |
[05:24] | Don’t be hostile. | 别有敌意 |
[05:25] | Louis, what are you doing? | 路易 你在干什么 |
[05:27] | – What? – Leave him alone. | -什么 -别去烦他 |
[05:28] | It’s his first day. | 他第一天上班 |
[05:29] | No, Donna, it’s not like that. I come in peace. | 不 唐娜 不是那样 我没有敌意 |
[05:31] | You swear? | 你发誓 |
[05:32] | Yes, I brought him a living thing. | 是啊 我给他买了活物 |
[05:33] | – Is it poisonous? – No, Donna, it is not. | -有毒吗 -不 唐娜 没有 |
[05:35] | Okay. Well, I got my eyes on you. | 好吧 我盯着你呢 |
[05:39] | And that plant. | 还有那植物 |
[05:41] | Don’t be hostile. | 别有敌意 |
[05:44] | Alex Williams, Louis Litt. | 亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 我是路易·利特 |
[05:46] | I brought you a honeysuckle. | 我给你带了盆金银花 |
[05:47] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[05:49] | It’s a gesture, since we might’ve gotten off | 是个好意 因为我们初识时 |
[05:51] | on the wrong foot. | 可能闹得不愉快 |
[05:52] | You mean because you tried to poach my biggest client | 你是指你企图偷走我最大的客户 |
[05:54] | and keep me from joining the firm? | 还想阻止我加入公司 |
[05:56] | Yes, perhaps that’s the foot we got off on. | 对 好像就是我们闹的那个不愉快 |
[05:58] | But I was hoping we could get onto other foot. | 但我希望 我们可以变得愉快一些 |
[06:02] | Here. | 给 |
[06:04] | I appreciate the gesture, Louis. | 多谢好意 路易 |
[06:07] | By the way, | 对了 |
[06:08] | your work on the Andersen case was extraordinary. | 你在安德森案上的表现太厉害了 |
[06:11] | You followed my Andersen work? | 你关注了我的安德森案 |
[06:12] | Yes. In fact, it reminded me of my Pricehouse strategy. | 是啊 这让我想到了我的普莱豪斯策略 |
[06:16] | Truth be told, I based it on your Pricehouse strategy. | 老实说 我就是根据普莱豪斯策略来的 |
[06:18] | Get the f–well then, you took it to a whole other level. | 不是吧 那你是更上一层楼了 |
[06:21] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢 路易 |
[06:24] | I’m sorry about the poaching. | 抱歉我偷你客户 |
[06:26] | Don’t worry about it. | 没事了 |
[06:30] | Hey, would you like to grab lunch? | 你想一起吃午饭吗 |
[06:32] | Eating at your desk is no way to celebrate your first day. | 可不该用在办公室吃午饭庆祝第一天上班 |
[06:35] | You’re right, it’s not. | 没错 确实不该 |
[06:37] | I’ll meet you at the lobby at 1:00. | 我们一点大厅见 |
[06:39] | Sounds good. And thanks for the plant. | 挺好 谢谢你的植物 |
[06:41] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[06:42] | I don’t know if you care about this, but cats love it. | 不知道你在意不在意 猫很喜欢它的 |
[06:44] | Oh, I know. We’ve got two tabbies at home | 我知道 我家有两只斑猫 |
[06:46] | that are gonna go crazy over that bad boy. | 特别爱这小东西 |
[06:48] | – Tabbies? – Yup. | -斑猫 -是的 |
[06:50] | Holy shit, I’m gonna make a reservation | 天哪 我要去订 |
[06:51] | at the best restaurant in the city, you… BFF, you. | 市里最棒的餐厅 一辈子的好朋友 |
[06:55] | Son of a bitch. | 简直服了 |
[07:00] | Mr. Reyes? | 雷耶斯先生吗 |
[07:01] | – Yes. – Mike Ross. | -是我 -迈克·罗斯 |
[07:02] | They said you wanted to see me? | 他们说你找我 |
[07:04] | Yes, thank you for taking the time. | 是的 谢谢你抽空见我 |
[07:05] | Of course. | 不必客气 |
[07:07] | I read your interview yesterday. | 我读了昨天关于你的报道 |
[07:11] | And my son was in prison too. | 而且我儿子也进过监狱 |
[07:13] | But unlike you, | 但和你不同的是 |
[07:16] | he didn’t make it out. | 他没能坚持到出狱 |
[07:19] | This says your son died of a heart attack. | 上面说你儿子死于心脏病 |
[07:21] | Yes, a heart attack out of nowhere. | 对 没来由的心脏病 |
[07:24] | You think they’re hiding something. | 你觉得他们在隐瞒什么吗 |
[07:25] | Well, they won’t take my calls | 他们不肯接我电话 |
[07:26] | or answer my letters. | 也不回信 |
[07:28] | What would you think? | 如果是你你怎么想 |
[07:29] | I’d think that there might be something wrong. | 我觉得可能事有蹊跷 |
[07:31] | But that doesn’t mean that there is. | 但也不代表就真的有 |
[07:34] | Mr. Ross, my son was 28 years old. | 罗斯先生 我儿子不过28岁 |
[07:37] | And he was up for parole next month. | 而且他再等1个月就假释了 |
[07:40] | There’s something they’re not telling me. | 他们一定隐瞒了我什么 |
[07:42] | All right, I’ll look into it. | 好 我去查查看 |
[07:43] | Um, but I’m not gonna be able to get to this for a few days. | 但是我没办法短期内就开始着手 |
[07:47] | A few days. Why can’t you start now? | 短期内 为何不能现在就开始调查 |
[07:50] | Because I have a deal with my firm that allows me | 因为我和事务所有约定 事务所愿意让我 |
[07:52] | to do cases like this, but not only cases like this. | 接类似这样的案子 但我还要做其他案子 |
[07:55] | And right now, I’m in the middle of something else. | 而现在 我手上就有其他案子 |
[07:57] | Mr. Ross, the last lawyer I talked to | 罗斯先生 上一个我接触的律师告诉我 |
[08:00] | said there was some kind of a statute | 说有个什么条例规定 |
[08:02] | that says I only have another two weeks to file a lawsuit. | 说我在两周之内必须提起诉讼 |
[08:06] | And I’m telling you, | 那我告诉你 |
[08:06] | two weeks should be more than enough time, | 两周时间绰绰有余 |
[08:08] | but I–I can’t drop everything just to take your case. | 但我 不能为你的案子把其他事都放下 |
[08:12] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[08:14] | But… | 但是… |
[08:16] | Chris was caught with an ounce of marijuana. | 克里斯只因为携带了1盎司大麻就进了监狱 |
[08:20] | He never should have been there in the first place. | 他本来就不该进去的 |
[08:21] | And if time runs out on this | 但如果我因为时间 |
[08:23] | and I couldn’t get him justice… | 不能为他伸张正义… |
[08:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[08:31] | I’ll see what I can do. | 我尽力而为 |
[08:36] | Stephanie, we need to talk about this assignment. | 斯蒂芬妮 我们得谈谈这个任务 |
[08:38] | Is there a problem with it? | 有什么问题吗 |
[08:39] | Yes, the problem is you didn’t do it. | 有 问题就是完成任务的不是你 |
[08:42] | Jason did. | 是杰森 |
[08:43] | Because Jason is better at cataloging procedure than I am. | 因为比起我 杰森更擅长编目过程 |
[08:47] | Right, but if you don’t do the things you’re not good at, | 确实 但是如果你不练的话 |
[08:49] | you’ll never get better. | 你永远不会擅长 |
[08:50] | The thing is, I don’t really want to get better | 事实是 我其实也不是很想 |
[08:52] | at cataloging procedure. | 擅长编目过程 |
[08:54] | I know that, just like I didn’t want to be a paralegal | 我懂你的感受 就像我也并不是想当 |
[08:56] | specializing in research for as long as I was. | 这么久的专事调查的法务助理 |
[08:59] | But it turns out we had a case last year | 但去年我们赢了一个案子 |
[09:01] | that we only won because I was outstanding at research. | 恰恰赢在我擅长调查 |
[09:06] | Okay, I see your point. | 好 我了解了 |
[09:08] | – I won’t do it again. – Good. | -我不会再这样了 -好 |
[09:10] | Because I have another case that requires some procedure | 因为我有另一个案子 |
[09:13] | to be catalogued, and I put it aside especially for you. | 也需要编目过程 我专门留给了你 |
[09:18] | But Stephanie, I want your word | 但斯蒂芬妮 我希望你能保证 |
[09:20] | that you won’t pawn it off on Jason. | 你不会再推给杰森 |
[09:23] | You have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[09:33] | Well, look who it is. | 看看谁打过来了 |
[09:35] | Don’t tell me, you feel bad about canceling the other night | 别告诉我你上次爽约很后悔 |
[09:37] | and now you’re dying to make it up to me. | 现在迫不及待得想补偿我 |
[09:39] | It’s as though you read my mind. | 简直就像你会读心术 |
[09:41] | One of my many skills. | 这是我众多技能之一好吧 |
[09:43] | How does dinner tonight sound? | 今晚一起吃晚餐怎么样 |
[09:45] | How does having it at my place sound? | 那不如就来我家吃 |
[09:47] | You’re a crafty one, aren’t you? | 狡猾如你哦 |
[09:49] | What? I’ve got some steaks | 怎么 只是因为我 |
[09:50] | I’ve been wanting to throw on the grill. | 存了些牛排 一直想处理掉 |
[09:51] | No, you want to have dinner at your place | 才不是 你想在你家吃是因为 |
[09:53] | ’cause it’s the closest restaurant in the city | 它是城区里离你卧室最近的 |
[09:55] | to your bedroom. | 餐厅 |
[09:56] | Did you read that in “Zagat’s”? | 你在大众点评查到的吗 |
[09:57] | No, I read your mind. | 不 因为读了你的心 |
[09:59] | Then what time am I thinking? | 那你知道我希望几点见面吗 |
[10:01] | How about 8:00? | 8点好不好 |
[10:02] | Better make it 8:30. I got to go buy some steaks. | 8点半吧 我还得去买牛排 |
[10:08] | Good, you’re here. | 正想找你呢 |
[10:09] | Tell me you figured out what bullshit | 快告诉我你搞清楚 |
[10:11] | they’re trying to sneak into this deal. | 他们想在这个案子里搞什么鬼了 |
[10:12] | They’re not trying to sneak anything into it. | 他们不是想在案子里搞鬼 |
[10:14] | They’re trying to get out of it. | 他们是想尽快结掉案子 |
[10:15] | That doesn’t make sense. | 没道理啊 |
[10:16] | They came to us for this merger. | 他们是因为这个并购找我们的 |
[10:17] | They must’ve gotten a better offer, | 那他们现在一定是有更好的报价了 |
[10:19] | because they buried an escape clause | 因为他们在补遗里隐藏了 |
[10:20] | in the addendum. | 免除条款 |
[10:22] | – You know what we have to do. – Yes, I do. | -你知道我们得干什么 -我知道 |
[10:24] | But you’re gonna have to do it without me. | 但你得自己做了 |
[10:27] | Something’s come up, it’s on a deadline, | 我有其他要事要做 时间很紧的那种 |
[10:29] | and I need to take care of it. | 而且我需要把它做好 |
[10:30] | – What kind of thing? – A pro bono thing. | -什么样的事情 -一个法律援助 |
[10:32] | Since when does one for me mean two for you? | 什么时候成了给我一个给你两个了 |
[10:35] | Harvey, a man died in prison and it doesn’t smell right. | 哈维 一个囚犯死在监狱 事有蹊跷 |
[10:37] | Also, the only reason I found out about it is | 而且我得知此事的唯一原因 |
[10:39] | I took your advice and did that interview. | 是我接受你的意见 做了采访 |
[10:41] | So it’s my fault that you’re dropping my case? | 所以你不帮我做案子还是我的不是了 |
[10:43] | Yeah, I like to look at it that way. | 对 你能这么想挺好的 |
[10:45] | Seriously, go get ’em. | 认真的 把案子办漂亮 |
[10:48] | Thanks, Harvey. | 谢了 哈维 |
[10:52] | The last guy brought me a plant. | 上个来看我的人送的是花 |
[10:54] | Let me guess, the last guy was Louis. | 让我猜猜 是路易 |
[10:56] | – You got it. – Well, I guarantee | -你猜对了 -我向你保证 |
[10:57] | my welcome gift is a lot more fun than his. | 我的欢迎礼物一定比他的更值得期待 |
[11:00] | Since when is a merger signing fun? | 现在连合并都值得期待了吗 |
[11:01] | Since the guys on the other side are trying to rip us off | 因为合并方打算骗我们 |
[11:03] | and think we don’t know. | 还以为我们不知道 |
[11:04] | Why didn’t you tell me that in the first place? | 你之前怎么不告诉我呢 |
[11:06] | Come on. I’ll fill you in on the way over. | 好啦 我路上告诉你 |
[11:09] | Wait, the meeting’s now? | 等下 会议这么快开始吗 |
[11:10] | Yeah, is that a problem? | 是啊 有什么问题吗 |
[11:12] | I told Louis we’d get lunch. | 我和路易约了午餐 |
[11:13] | Business trumps lunch. Louis’ll understand. | 生意比午餐重要 他会体谅的 |
[11:16] | Just call him and let him know. | 给他打个电话告知一下就行了 |
[11:23] | Alex, hi, I was just on my way to meet you. | 亚历克斯 你好 我正要去见你 |
[11:26] | About that, Louis. I have to reschedule. | 关于这事 路易 我只能改约了 |
[11:28] | A work thing came up. I hope you understand. | 工作上出了事 希望你能谅解 |
[11:30] | Yeah, of course. | 没问题 |
[11:31] | – Business comes first. – Thanks. | -生意重要 -谢谢体谅 |
[11:33] | We’ll do it another time. In fact, I’m free all week. | 我们下次再约 事实上我这周都可以 |
[11:38] | Louis? You okay? | 路易 你还好吧 |
[11:40] | Uh, yeah, I’m okay. | 在 我没事 |
[11:42] | I, uh– it’s allergy season. | 我 那个 过敏高发季 |
[11:44] | I–I think it’s probably best that we don’t have lunch today. | 我在想可能今天还是不一起吃饭比较好 |
[11:47] | I, uh–my–my chest feels like a vice. | 我…我感觉胸闷气短 |
[11:52] | All good? | 没事吧 |
[11:53] | I think so. | 应该没事 |
[11:55] | What kind of plant did he get you, anyway? | 不过他送了你什么植物 |
[11:57] | Honeysuckle. | 金银花 |
[12:00] | I never knew that was an indoor plant. | 我从来不知道金银花还能家养 |
[12:01] | Can be. | 可以家养的 |
[12:02] | Matter of fact, our cats are gonna love it. | 事实上 我家的猫会很喜欢的 |
[12:05] | – You have cats? – Why you gotta be like that? | -你还养猫 -你这表情什么意思 |
[12:07] | – Why you gotta have cats? – I like my cats. | -你为什么要养猫 -我喜欢猫 |
[12:10] | No, you don’t. | 你才不喜欢 |
[12:19] | Ms. Snyder? Mike Ross. | 施耐德女士 我是迈克·罗斯 |
[12:22] | Is that name supposed to mean something to me? | 我应该听说过这个名字吗 |
[12:24] | No, but I’m representing the family of Chris Reyes. | 不 但我是克里斯·雷耶斯家人的律师 |
[12:29] | Hoping that name does. | 希望你熟悉这个名字 |
[12:30] | Of course. | 当然 |
[12:31] | Any time an inmate dies, | 我们对每个 |
[12:33] | we take it very seriously. | 死去的囚犯都十分负责 |
[12:34] | But not seriously enough to give an accounting of his death | 但却不足以负责到给频繁询问 |
[12:37] | despite repeated requests by his family. | 死因的家属一个合理解释 |
[12:39] | I received no such requests. | 我没有收到他家属的质询 |
[12:41] | It’s a shame you didn’t call first. | 你没有先来电通知拜访太可惜了 |
[12:42] | I could’ve prepared something. | 我本来可以准备些什么的 |
[12:44] | I didn’t want you to be prepared, | 就是想杀你个措手不及 |
[12:45] | ’cause I want to know what actually happened. | 因为我知道事有隐情 |
[12:47] | Mr. Ross, when you do what I do, | 罗斯先生 如果你坐了我的位子 |
[12:49] | you get used to people assuming the worst about your company, | 就会对人们总认为你公司做坏事习以为常 |
[12:51] | so I would appreciate a little respect. | 所以希望你能稍微尊重我一点 |
[12:53] | Ms. Snyder, when you do what I do, | 施耐德女士 如果你坐了我的位子 |
[12:54] | you get used to companies proving you right, | 你就会习惯那些公司总是如你所料 |
[12:56] | so I would appreciate a little action. | 所以我希望你们能有所行动 |
[13:06] | Apparently Mr. Reyes was in a fight. | 看来是雷耶斯先生和其他犯人打架 |
[13:09] | He was sent to solitary, | 他被关了禁闭 |
[13:11] | where he complained of difficulty breathing. | 期间他声称自己呼吸困难 |
[13:12] | A doctor was called and delivered treatment. | 监狱传唤了一位医生为他治疗 |
[13:15] | Unfortunately, he died a few hours later. | 不幸的是 他于几小时后身亡了 |
[13:18] | Well, if he was in a fight, | 如果他和犯人打架 |
[13:19] | there has to be an incident report. | 那就一定有事故报告 |
[13:20] | That may be, but you have no right to access it. | 也许 但你无权查阅 |
[13:22] | We’re a private corporation. That’s privileged. | 我们是私营公司 这是机密信息 |
[13:24] | Okay, then how about you give me the names of the guards who saw it? | 好 那把目睹此事的警卫名字告诉我 |
[13:27] | You know I can’t give you that either. | 你知道我是不能告诉你的 |
[13:28] | And you know that if I bring a suit against you, | 你也知道 我如果起诉你们 |
[13:30] | I’m gonna get all of this anyway. | 一样还是能获得这些信息 |
[13:31] | So why don’t you save yourself the publicity | 所以你何不省省这曝光度 |
[13:35] | and just give it to me now? | 直接把信息给我 |
[13:46] | I don’t care what that thing says. | 我不在乎那上面是怎么写的 |
[13:48] | It’s not the whole story. | 这不是事情的全部 |
[13:50] | Mr. Reyes, I know this isn’t what you wanted to hear, | 雷耶斯先生 我知道这不是你想要的 |
[13:53] | but I’m not seeing a case. | 但我不认为有案可诉 |
[13:55] | It says there that my son died alone in solitary confinement. | 上面说我儿子是在单独禁闭室死的 |
[13:59] | Why didn’t they take him to an infirmary? | 他们为什么不把他送到医务室 |
[14:00] | Because he was seen by a doctor. | 因为有医生来给他治疗了 |
[14:02] | There was an explanation for his symptoms. | 关于他的症状是有解释的 |
[14:04] | I know you think I’m just a man who can’t accept his child’s death. | 我知道你觉得我只是不能接受自己孩子的死亡 |
[14:08] | But that’s not true. | 但不是这样的 |
[14:09] | Mr. Reyes, a fight in prison can elevate your heart rate. | 雷耶斯先生 在监狱打架确实可能让人心率上升 |
[14:12] | Nobody knows that better than I do. | 我对这一点最清楚不过的了 |
[14:13] | What they’re saying happened is plausible. | 他们给的理由说得通 |
[14:16] | Then you didn’t know my son. | 那是因为你不了解我儿子 |
[14:18] | I told you, he was up for parole next month. | 我告诉过你 他下个月就能假释出狱 |
[14:21] | He wouldn’t have gotten into a fight. | 他根本就不会和别人打架 |
[14:23] | What exactly are you saying? | 你到底想说什么 |
[14:25] | One of those inmates must have come for him. | 一定是有犯人故意去找他麻烦 |
[14:29] | And that prison didn’t give enough of a shit about Chris | 而监狱不在乎克里斯 |
[14:31] | to protect him. | 没能保护他 |
[14:33] | Mr. Reyes, I know that you came to me | 雷耶斯先生 我知道你来找我 |
[14:35] | because that article said I wanted to help people | 是因为那篇文章上说我希望能帮助百姓 |
[14:37] | and I do, but… | 我也确实希望 但是… |
[14:39] | I know. My son’s already dead. | 我知道 我儿子已经死了 |
[14:42] | But if they could’ve stopped this and they didn’t, | 但假如他们本能阻止这种事 却听之任之 |
[14:45] | it’s going to happen again. | 那以后还会有类似情况 |
[14:55] | Chase, I’d like you to meet our newest senior partner, | 蔡斯 这位是我们最新一位高级合伙人 |
[14:58] | Alex Williams. | 亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[14:59] | Two senior partners just to sign a contract. | 签个合同居然劳两位高级合伙人大驾 |
[15:02] | Seems excessive. | 有点太隆重了吧 |
[15:04] | It would be, but we’re not here to sign anything. | 的确 但我们不是来签合同的 |
[15:06] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[15:07] | He must think I’m pretty dumb. | 他一定觉得我挺傻的 |
[15:09] | People always underestimate a pretty face. | 人们总是低估长得好看的人 |
[15:11] | Maybe he just thinks you’re dumb. | 也许他只是觉得你傻而已 |
[15:12] | ‘Cause of the droopy eyes. | 因为你那下耷的眼角 |
[15:14] | Valid theory. Not unprecedented. | 有道理 并非没有这个先例 |
[15:16] | Nobody thinks you’re dumb. | 没人觉得你们傻 |
[15:17] | Then why the hell did you sneak this clause | 那你为什么把这个条款 |
[15:19] | to the back of my goddamn contract? | 偷偷地加进了我的合同里 |
[15:21] | We didn’t sneak anything. | 我们没有偷偷加什么 |
[15:22] | We were just looking at our options. | 我们只是想看看还有没有其他选择 |
[15:24] | Bullshit. You’re trying to use us as a stalking horse | 放屁 你是想用我们当幌子 |
[15:26] | so you can merge with Gorban. | 这样你就可以和哥本合并了 |
[15:28] | So what if I was? | 是又如何 |
[15:30] | What are you going to do to stop it? | 你们准备怎么阻止我 |
[15:32] | I’ll tell you what I did. I called Alex. | 告诉你我是怎么做的 我找了亚历克斯 |
[15:34] | And what I did was call my law school roommate at the DOJ | 而我找了我在司法部工作的法学院室友 |
[15:37] | about the anti-trust issues raised by you merging with Gorban. | 聊了聊你和哥本合并可能造成的垄断 |
[15:43] | What do you want? | 你们想怎么样 |
[15:43] | We want you to live up to the terms of the original agreement. | 我们希望你能遵守原合同的条约 |
[15:46] | With one exception. | 除了一条 |
[15:48] | You’re gonna take a step down. | 你得辞职 |
[15:50] | – I’m not stepping down. – Yes, you are. | -我是不会辞职的 -不 你会 |
[15:52] | This new company doesn’t need two outside counsels. | 这家新公司不需要两个外聘律师 |
[15:55] | Particularly one who tries to pull shady shit | 尤其不需要一位背着客户 |
[15:57] | without his client knowing about it. | 搞小动作的律师 |
[15:59] | Looks like you’re gonna take one for the team, Chase. | 看来你得为了团队牺牲自己了 蔡斯 |
[16:01] | The question is, would you like to bow out or get kicked out? | 问题是 你是想体面地退场还是被踢出去 |
[16:11] | How the hell can I calm down? | 我他妈怎么能平静得下来 |
[16:13] | I was watching my mud-mare come true. | 我眼睁睁地看着我的泥浴噩梦成真了 |
[16:15] | You don’t know what you saw, Louis. | 你不清楚你到底看到了什么 路易 |
[16:17] | I’m sorry, I forgot I was blind. | 抱歉 我不记得我瞎了 |
[16:18] | I must’ve dialed your number using my Braille-a-phone. | 我一定是用盲人手机打给你的 |
[16:20] | You know that’s not what I meant. | 你知道我不是这个意思 |
[16:22] | No, you’re right, it’s the only explanation | 不 你是对的 这是唯一能解释 |
[16:24] | as to why I wouldn’t know what I just saw, | 我为什么会不清楚我看到的东西 |
[16:25] | which was Harvey and Alex, arm in arm, laughing at me! | 也就是哈维和亚历克斯 手挽着手嘲笑我 |
[16:29] | Louis, listen to me. | 路易 听我说 |
[16:32] | We knew this was going to happen. | 我们早知道会发生这样的事 |
[16:33] | That I was gonna be betrayed by my best friend? | 我会被我最好的朋友背叛这件事吗 |
[16:35] | No, that you were going to try to be good– | 不 是你想要努力对别人友好… |
[16:37] | – Did it. – Try not to be you. | -做过了 -试着不做你自己 |
[16:39] | – Accomplished. – Then perceive | -做到了 -然后以为发生了 |
[16:41] | a potentially nonexistent slight | 一个可能并不存在的侮慢 |
[16:43] | and go straight to stage seven. | 直接就跳到了第七阶段 |
[16:46] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[16:47] | Panic, sorrow, self-loathing, | 惊恐 悲伤 自我厌恶 |
[16:50] | hatred, justification, self-loathing again, and rage. | 憎恨 辩解 再次自我厌恶 愤怒 |
[16:55] | I call it the seven stages of Louis. | 我把这叫做路易的七个阶段 |
[16:58] | You are so full of shit, | 你胡说八道 |
[17:00] | and you’re a total fraud, and I’m actually gonna– | 你真是个大骗子 我要… |
[17:03] | I see your point. | 我懂你的意思了 |
[17:04] | Stage 7b. | 7b阶段 |
[17:06] | No one likes a gloater, Stan. | 没有人喜欢幸灾乐祸的人 斯坦 |
[17:09] | Be that as it may. | 尽管如此 |
[17:11] | You need a strategy, Louis. | 你需要制定个策略 路易 |
[17:12] | For now and the next time this happens. | 为了现在和下次再发生这种情况的时候 |
[17:15] | The breathing exercises. | 呼吸练习 |
[17:17] | It’s the only thing that’s ever worked for you. | 那是对你有用的唯一办法 |
[17:21] | What would I do without you, Doc? | 没有你我可怎么办 医生 |
[17:24] | No need to go down that road, my friend. | 不必想这个问题 我的朋友 |
[17:28] | Now, picture yourself near the ocean, | 现在 想象你自己在靠近海的地方 |
[17:32] | laying in the sand. | 躺在沙子上 |
[17:33] | Isn’t it lovely? | 很好 不是吗 |
[17:38] | I got to say, that was pretty fun. | 我得说 那很有趣 |
[17:40] | I agree. | 我也觉得 |
[17:41] | I always wanted to pretend I had a friend at the DOJ. | 我一直想假装我有个在司法部的朋友 |
[17:43] | Not a bad first day. | 第一天过得挺不错的 |
[17:45] | Speaking of my first day, | 说到我的第一天 |
[17:47] | what’s up with that Louis Litt guy? | 路易·利特那个家伙是怎么回事 |
[17:49] | – What do you mean? – I don’t know. | -什么意思 -我不知道 |
[17:50] | First he tries to stop me from coming over, | 一开始他试图阻止我来 |
[17:52] | then he brings me a plant, | 之后他带给我一盆植物 |
[17:53] | then when I called to cancel lunch, | 再然后当我打电话取消午饭安排的时候 |
[17:55] | I could’ve sworn he was about to cry or something. | 我敢发誓他简直要哭出来了 |
[17:58] | What? | 什么 |
[18:01] | Louis is… | 路易这个人… |
[18:03] | he’s complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[18:05] | What do you mean, complicated? | 什么意思 一言难尽 |
[18:07] | Well, you know he didn’t want you here, right? | 你知道他不想让你来这 对吗 |
[18:10] | The thing is, it wasn’t professional. | 问题是 并不是出于工作原因 |
[18:13] | What else could it be? | 那还能是什么 |
[18:14] | He was worried that I was gonna be | 他怕我会和你 |
[18:16] | better friends with you than him. | 成为比他更要好的朋友 |
[18:19] | What the hell is wrong with this guy? | 这家伙什么毛病啊 |
[18:20] | Does he have a crush on you? | 他喜欢上了你吗 |
[18:22] | No. | 不 |
[18:23] | Yeah, he totally has a crush on me. | 是 他完全迷上我了 |
[18:25] | But not like that. | 但不是那种喜欢 |
[18:27] | Maybe this’ll work. | 也许这么解释你就明白了 |
[18:28] | You ever seen “MASH”? | 你看过《陆军野战医院》吗 |
[18:30] | Of course, but what does that have to do with this? | 当然看过 但和这又有什么关系 |
[18:32] | Louis is Frank Burns. | 路易是弗兰克·勃恩斯 |
[18:36] | Why didn’t you say so in the first place? | 你怎么不早说 |
[18:38] | Now I totally get it. | 这下我就理解了 |
[18:39] | – You sure? – Yeah. | -你确定 -是的 |
[18:41] | He loves you, hates you, and wants to be you, | 他爱你 恨你 想要成为你 |
[18:43] | all at the same time. | 三种感情同时存在 |
[18:44] | Huh, you do get it. | 你的确理解了 |
[18:45] | Yeah, I do. The question is, | 是的 问题是 |
[18:48] | are you sure he’s gonna be okay with me, | 你确定我俩会没事 |
[18:50] | or do I have to watch out? | 还是我得小心点 |
[18:52] | Well, let me ask you this. | 我问你 |
[18:53] | Did you tell him your cats are gonna love his honeysuckle? | 你告诉他你的猫会喜欢他的金银花了吗 |
[18:56] | Yes. | 说了 |
[18:57] | Then I think you’ll be fine. | 那我想你肯定没事 |
[19:02] | Excuse me. You guys know Chris Reyes? | 打扰一下 你们认识克里斯·雷耶斯吗 |
[19:05] | Doesn’t ring a bell. | 没听过 |
[19:06] | That’s strange, ’cause according to the incident report | 那就奇怪了 因为根据事故报告 |
[19:08] | the three of you were on duty the night he died. | 他死的当晚是你们三个值班 |
[19:11] | Even if I were, I wouldn’t have anything to say about it, | 就算真是如此 我也没什么好说的 |
[19:13] | so you can get the fu– out of here. | 所以你可以滚了 |
[19:14] | Hey, come on. I just have a few questions, that’s all. | 别这样 我只想问几个问题 别无其他 |
[19:16] | This is a prison. | 这里是监狱 |
[19:17] | All questions go through the main office. | 所有的问题都得通过总办公室 |
[19:18] | Where do you think I got your names? | 你觉得我从哪搞到你们的名字的 |
[19:20] | I don’t give a shit where you got ’em. | 我一点都不关心你从哪搞到的 |
[19:21] | You’re gonna forget you ever heard ’em. | 你得忘了你听过这几个名字 |
[19:23] | And if I see your face again, there’s gonna be a problem. | 再让我见到你 我让你吃不了兜着走 |
[19:25] | Okay, look, I’m not trying to start any trouble here. | 好了 我不是来这找麻烦的 |
[19:28] | But a man is dead, and I need to find out what happened. | 但死了人 我得弄清楚发生了什么 |
[19:30] | For a guy who’s not looking to cause any trouble, | 对于一个不是来找麻烦的人来说 |
[19:32] | you sure don’t listen too good. | 你没有做到认真听别人的话 |
[19:33] | Come on, Drew. Let’s go. | 好了 德鲁 走吧 |
[19:34] | That’s what he wants. | 那正是他想要的 |
[19:36] | I’m telling you, he’s not worth it. | 我告诉你 他不值得 |
[19:51] | You’re one of those assholes who just love | 你就是那种喜欢 |
[19:52] | getting the shit beat out of him, aren’t you? | 被打得屁滚尿流的那种人是吗 |
[19:54] | No, I’ve had the shit beat out of me, | 不 我被打得屁滚尿流过 |
[19:55] | and I can tell you, I didn’t love it at all. | 我可以告诉你 我一点也不喜欢那样 |
[19:57] | Then you better get the hell out of here | 那你最好快点滚出去 |
[19:58] | before it happens again. | 免得旧事重演 |
[19:59] | I will, just as soon as you answer my questions. | 我会的 只要你回答我的问题 |
[20:02] | And why would I do that? | 我为什么要回答 |
[20:03] | Because your name is at the top of the list, | 因为你的名字列于名单之首 |
[20:05] | and I’m guessing you know what that means. | 我想你知道那意味着什么 |
[20:08] | Yeah, I’m the scapegoat. | 是啊 我是替罪羊 |
[20:10] | But it also means anything they get, | 但也意味着无论他们知道了什么 |
[20:11] | they know it came from me. | 他们都知道是从我这里泄露的 |
[20:12] | Except you just told me to go to hell | 不过你刚当着你同事的面 |
[20:14] | in front of all your buddies, | 让我滚远点 |
[20:15] | and they saw you meant it. | 他们看的出你是认真的 |
[20:19] | That’s why you came to me at the prison. | 所以你才到监狱找我 |
[20:21] | Now you got cover. | 现在你有掩护了 |
[20:23] | And I suggest you use it. | 我建议你好好利用 |
[20:26] | Because I am gonna find out what happened here, | 因为我一定会弄清楚到底发生了什么 |
[20:27] | and when I do, they are gonna shield themselves from liability | 到那时 他们会为自保推卸责任 |
[20:30] | and I am gonna end up coming after you instead. | 那我只能追着你不放 |
[20:32] | Or you can tell me what I need to know, | 或者你告诉我我所需要的知道的 |
[20:35] | and I’ll leave you out of it. | 我就不把你卷进来 |
[20:39] | I’m the one who pulled him out of the fight | 是我分开了打架的人 |
[20:40] | and threw him in the hole. | 把他关了紧闭 |
[20:42] | He started complaining saying he was having problems breathing. | 他开始说他呼吸有问题 |
[20:45] | I told my supervisor, | 我告诉了我的主管 |
[20:46] | and my supervisor said he was gonna call the doctor. | 我的主管说他会叫医生来的 |
[20:49] | – That’s all I know. – Bullshit that’s all you know. | -我就知道这么多 -鬼才信你只知道这么多 |
[20:51] | Look, did Chris get killed because he was onto something? | 克里斯被杀是因为他知道了不该知道的事吗 |
[20:54] | – No. – Well, that kid, | -不 -那孩子 |
[20:55] | he didn’t just up and get in a fight without good reason. | 他不会毫无理由就卷进打架事件 |
[20:57] | You don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你不知道你在说什么 |
[20:58] | Look, are the guards corrupt? | 看守受贿了吗 |
[20:59] | What the hell did you just say? | 你刚刚说什么 |
[21:00] | – Was somebody out to get him? – No, he just died! | -是外面的什么人要教训他吗 -不 他只是死了 |
[21:03] | Look, there’s no conspiracy. | 没有什么阴谋诡计 |
[21:05] | Nobody’s evil. | 没有坏人 |
[21:06] | Just cheap. | 只是廉价 |
[21:08] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[21:10] | It means the only reason they were able to wale on him | 他们能揍他那么久的 |
[21:11] | for as long as they did | 唯一原因 |
[21:12] | is ’cause they didn’t have enough of us on duty that night, | 是因为那晚值班人员不够 |
[21:15] | ’cause the prison doesn’t give a shit about anything | 因为监狱除了自己的收益 |
[21:16] | except its bottom line. | 其他都不关心 |
[21:26] | So what did you do? | 那你怎么做的 |
[21:28] | So I told him he could have the money, | 然后我告诉他钱可以收下 |
[21:30] | but if–if he tried taking those albums, | 但要是想拿走这些唱片 |
[21:32] | we’re gonna have trouble. | 我俩就有麻烦了 |
[21:37] | This was lovely. | 今晚真美好 |
[21:41] | But I have an early morning tomorrow. | 但我明天得早起 |
[21:42] | I think I should get home. | 我觉得我该回家了 |
[21:45] | Paula, what’s going on? | 宝拉 怎么回事 |
[21:47] | It’s nothing. | 没事 |
[21:48] | – Really. – Nothing? | -真的 -没事吗 |
[21:51] | We had a great night. | 我们度过了美好的一晩 |
[21:52] | All of a sudden you have to go? | 突然你就说要走 |
[21:54] | You wouldn’t understand. | 你不会明白的 |
[21:56] | Try me. | 说说看 |
[22:00] | I had lunch with the woman who was my mentor today. | 今天我和我以前的女导师共进午餐 |
[22:03] | And we were having a wonderful time | 我们吃得很开心 |
[22:04] | catching up with each other, | 闲聊叙旧 |
[22:05] | and then… out of the blue, | 然后… 突然 |
[22:07] | she asked me if I was seeing anyone. | 她问我是否有交往的人 |
[22:09] | I said no. | 我说没有 |
[22:10] | Well, we haven’t exactly been seeing each other for very long. | 我们交往时间还不算长 |
[22:14] | It’s understandable if you– | 我可以理解如果你… |
[22:15] | No, it wasn’t that, Harvey. | 不是这样的 哈维 |
[22:18] | – It’s that I felt a little… – What? | -而是我感觉有点… -什么 |
[22:21] | ashamed. | 羞愧 |
[22:23] | Ashamed. | 羞愧 |
[22:24] | This isn’t a small thing, what we’re doing, Harvey. | 我俩之间的关系不是闹着玩 哈维 |
[22:26] | – At least it’s not to me. – It’s not to me either. | -至少对我来说不是 -对我来说也不是 |
[22:29] | Well, I’m not sure I realized exactly how not small it is | 我不确定自己清楚这事有多认真 |
[22:34] | until today. | 直到今天 |
[22:34] | I don’t understand. We’ve been over this. | 我不明白 这事我们讨论过了 |
[22:36] | It’s in writing. | 规定说得很清楚 |
[22:37] | There’s no violation with us seeing each other. | 我们交往并不违规 |
[22:39] | This isn’t something that I am trying to get away with, Harvey. | 我不是想要逃避什么惩罚 哈维 |
[22:41] | It’s how I’m feeling inside. | 而是关于我内心的感受 |
[22:46] | – So what are you saying? – I’m not saying anything. | -所以你想说什么 -我什么都没说 |
[22:49] | I’m just saying I think I should sleep at my place tonight. | 我只是说 我觉得自己今晚该回家过夜 |
[23:00] | Donna, I need to talk to you about something. | 唐娜 我有话要对你说 |
[23:02] | About what? | 说什么 |
[23:03] | About the fact that I’m pissed off. | 告诉你我很生气 |
[23:05] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[23:06] | I gave Stephanie Patel an assignment | 我交给斯蒂芬妮·帕特尔一个任务 |
[23:08] | and she handed it off. | 然后她把任务交给了别人 |
[23:10] | Did you talk to her about it? | 你跟她谈过了吗 |
[23:11] | Yes, I did, and she gave me her word | 谈过了 她向我保证 |
[23:12] | that she would never do it again, but she did. | 下不为例 但她又这样做了 |
[23:15] | I don’t understand. This has Stephanie’s name on it. | 我不明白 这上面有斯蒂芬妮的名字 |
[23:16] | I don’t care whose name is on it. | 我不管上面写着谁的名字 |
[23:18] | There’s no way that that wasn’t written | 这绝对是第一年的律师 |
[23:19] | by a first-year associate. | 写的 |
[23:20] | Rachel, please tell me you’re not thinking | 瑞秋 别告诉我你想 |
[23:22] | about going to Louis with this. | 拿着这个去找路易 |
[23:23] | Are you kidding me? | 你在开玩笑吗 |
[23:24] | We took Louis off the associates | 就因为路易和斯蒂芬妮之间的小插曲 |
[23:26] | because of his incident with Stephanie. | 我们才让他放手了新律师 |
[23:28] | If I tell him that she’s being insubordinate, | 如果我告诉路易她违抗命令 |
[23:30] | he’ll kill her. | 路易会杀了她的 |
[23:31] | Well, I can’t believe I’m saying this, | 不敢相信我会说这个 |
[23:33] | but maybe you should take a page out of Louis’ book. | 但也许你该向路易学一招 |
[23:37] | What do you mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[23:38] | When Louis first took over the associates, | 路易刚接管新律师的时候 |
[23:40] | he used to plant a fake associate | 他常常会安排一个假律师 |
[23:42] | and fire him in front of the entire class on day one. | 然后在上班第一天 当众炒了他 |
[23:45] | And I used to think he was crazy, | 我过去认为他真是疯了 |
[23:46] | but Stephanie never would have pulled | 但斯蒂芬妮绝对不会 |
[23:48] | something like this with Louis. | 跟路易来这一套 |
[23:49] | Okay, first of all, | 好吧 首先 |
[23:50] | that’s just not how I operate. | 我不是这样管事的 |
[23:52] | And second of all, they’ve all been here. | 其次 路易那招他们都见过了 |
[23:54] | They’d all be able to tell that it was fake. | 都能看出那是演戏 |
[23:56] | Then maybe you need to real fire her. | 那也许你应该真的解雇她 |
[23:58] | Because this is a second offense and if you keep letting it go, | 因为这是她再犯了 如果你继续放任自流 |
[24:01] | where does it end? | 何时才是个头 |
[24:02] | I’m not gonna do that. | 我不会这么做 |
[24:04] | Do you mind if I ask you why not? | 介意我问问原因吗 |
[24:05] | Because I don’t want my first official act to be firing someone. | 因为我不想刚上任就踢人走 |
[24:08] | I understand that, Rachel. | 我理解 瑞秋 |
[24:09] | But you better think of something. | 但你最好想点别的办法 |
[24:10] | Because the one thing that Louis understood | 因为路易一直都很明白 |
[24:12] | was that you’ve got to come out of the gate in command, | 不是你说一不二 |
[24:15] | or they’re gonna walk all over you. | 就是他们骑到你脖子上 |
[24:23] | Yes? | 你好 |
[24:24] | Mr. Reyes, it’s Mike Ross. | 雷耶斯先生 我是迈克·罗斯 |
[24:25] | I went to the prison, and I talked to one of the guards. | 我去了监狱 和一个狱警谈了谈 |
[24:28] | What did he say? | 他怎么说 |
[24:29] | He said all the prison cares about is their bottom line. | 他说所有监狱都只在乎自己的收益 |
[24:32] | So I’m filing a lawsuit tonight. | 所以我今晚会发起诉讼 |
[24:35] | Thank you so much, Mr. Ross. | 太谢谢你了 罗斯先生 |
[24:38] | I thought that article was maybe too good to be true. | 我本以为那个故事不太现实 |
[24:41] | I appreciate that, Oscar, | 谢谢你这么说 奥斯卡 |
[24:42] | but don’t thank me until I get you the answers you’re looking for. | 但在我最终如你所愿之前 先别谢谢我 |
[24:55] | You finished the paperwork already? | 你已经把文件都做好了吗 |
[24:58] | I might have to give you a raise. | 看来得给你升职加薪了 |
[24:59] | Save your money, Harvey. | 把钱省省吧 哈维 |
[25:00] | I’m here about something else. | 我来是想说点别的 |
[25:02] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[25:03] | I just heard Mike Ross is handling a pro bono. | 我刚听说迈克·罗斯在处理一个无偿服务案 |
[25:05] | Yeah, we have a deal. | 是的 我跟他有个协议 |
[25:07] | Why? You need him for something? | 怎么了 你想让他做什么吗 |
[25:08] | Yeah, I need him to drop that case. | 是的 我想让他放弃这个案子 |
[25:11] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:12] | Because there’s a conflict with Masterson Construction. | 因为这和马斯特森建筑公司有利益冲突 |
[25:14] | Mike’s pro bono is against some prison. | 迈克的无偿服务案是针对一个监狱 |
[25:16] | And guess who builds those prisons. | 你猜是谁建的这些监狱 |
[25:18] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[25:19] | Are you telling me to go back on my word | 你是在说 因为你客户在欺压你 |
[25:21] | because your client’s bullying you? | 所以让我出尔反尔吗 |
[25:22] | Harvey, I thought we were in this together. | 哈维 我以为我们是一条船上的 |
[25:24] | – So did I. – Then get on board. | -同意 -那就听我的 |
[25:26] | Because they’re not just any client. | 因为他们不是普通客户 |
[25:27] | They’re one of my biggest. | 而是我最大的客户之一 |
[25:28] | And if they leave because you chose some prisoner | 如果因为你把一个无名囚犯放在一个 |
[25:30] | over one of the biggest developers in the country, | 全国大型开发商之前 导致他们离开 |
[25:32] | people are gonna get the message | 外界就会从中得到消息 |
[25:33] | that we don’t want to be in the real estate business. | 认为我们无意与房地产企业合作 |
[25:35] | Did they say they were gonna give people that message? | 他们说过会放出这个消息吗 |
[25:37] | – Harvey– – Did they or not? | -哈维 -说过还是没说 |
[25:38] | – They did. – Drop ’em. | -说了 -放弃他们 |
[25:40] | – God damn it– – I said drop ’em. | -我的天 -我说放弃他们 |
[25:41] | – No. – Excuse me? | -不 -你说什么 |
[25:42] | I may not be name partner yet, | 我可能还不是冠名合伙人 |
[25:44] | but you don’t get to tell me who my clients are. | 但我要代理什么客户不用你来告诉我 |
[25:46] | Yes, I do. | 我就是要告诉你 |
[25:47] | Harvey, listen to yourself. | 哈维 听听你自己说的话 |
[25:49] | It’s one pro bono. He just took it. | 这只是个无偿服务案 他刚接手 |
[25:51] | He can drop it. | 完全可以撤诉 |
[25:55] | I gave him my word. | 我向他保证过 |
[25:57] | And you once gave your word to me | 你也曾经向我保证过 |
[25:58] | and went back on it and I let it go. | 然后出尔反尔 而我没计较 |
[26:00] | Because I understood it was business. | 因为我懂这是生意 |
[26:02] | If this kid doesn’t get that, what the hell is he doing here? | 要是这小子不懂 那他在这干嘛 |
[26:12] | Stephanie, I asked you to come to my office. | 斯特芬妮 我叫你来我办公室 |
[26:15] | That was over an hour ago. | 已经是一个小时前的事了 |
[26:17] | I was working on the Sanderson brief. | 我刚刚在写桑德森简报 |
[26:18] | I was about to come down. | 就准备过来了 |
[26:19] | Well, I need to talk to you now, | 我现在就跟你说 |
[26:21] | because you told me that you wouldn’t hand this off, | 因为你告诉我不会把这个移交给别人 |
[26:23] | and you did. | 你却这么干了 |
[26:24] | No, I told you that I wouldn’t hand it off to Jason, | 不 我告诉你我不会把这个移交给杰森 |
[26:26] | and I didn’t. | 我确实没有 |
[26:28] | I’m sorry, are you trying to get out of this | 你难道是要玩文字游戏 |
[26:29] | on a technicality? | 撇清责任吗 |
[26:31] | I’m your supervisor, not opposing counsel. | 我是你的主管 不是你的对方律师 |
[26:34] | Rachel, I tried to be nice about this, | 瑞秋 我试过委婉一点 |
[26:36] | but I’m a fourth-year associate, | 但我已经当了四年律师了 |
[26:38] | and I’m not wasting my time | 不会再浪费时间 |
[26:39] | on something a first-year could handle. | 做一些菜鸟律师做的事了 |
[26:41] | Now, if you don’t mind, I would like to get back to work. | 不介意的话 我回去工作了 |
[26:45] | Actually, I do mind. | 我介意 |
[26:47] | Excuse me, Stephanie, I’m speaking to you. | 很抱歉 斯特芬妮 我在跟你说话 |
[26:49] | It doesn’t matter what year you are. | 你当了几年律师不重要 |
[26:52] | I’m head of the associates. | 我是律师主管 |
[26:53] | If I give you an assignment, you do it. | 我给你任务 你就得做 |
[26:55] | And when you give me one that’s worth my time, I will. | 值得我费时间做的 我会做 |
[26:58] | What’s going on here? | 这是怎么了 |
[26:59] | Donna, I’m handling it. | 唐娜 我来解决 |
[27:00] | What’s going on is that I am a grown woman, | 作为一个成年女性 |
[27:01] | and I don’t need to be told what to do by someone | 我不需要别人告诉我该做什么 |
[27:03] | with less experience as a lawyer than me. | 尤其是经验没我丰富的人 |
[27:05] | Then you’re really gonna hate being told what to do | 那你可能更不想听到没有律师经验的人 |
[27:07] | by someone with no experience as a lawyer. | 告诉你该做什么了 |
[27:09] | – Donna– – Excuse me? | -唐娜… -你说什么 |
[27:10] | I said, you’re here, and I’m here. | 我说了 你在这里 我在这里 |
[27:13] | So unless you want to deal with me, | 如果你不想我来对付你 |
[27:14] | you’ll listen when Rachel tells you something. | 你就得听瑞秋的话 |
[27:17] | I was recruited to come here. | 我被招募到这里来 |
[27:20] | And I was told that I would be valued | 你们告诉我 我会受到重视 |
[27:22] | for my mind, my billings, | 因为我的智慧 我带来的收益 |
[27:24] | and my relationship with my clients. | 我带来的客户资源 |
[27:26] | And since I got here, | 但来了这 |
[27:27] | I have had to take shit from Louis. | 被路易臭骂 |
[27:29] | And now you’re asking me to waste my time and my ability | 你现在还要求我浪费时间精力 |
[27:32] | – on something like this. – No, | -在这些事情上面 -不 |
[27:33] | You’re right, Stephanie. | 你没错 斯特芬妮 |
[27:34] | You shouldn’t have been treated like that by Louis. | 路易不该这么对你 |
[27:36] | And Rachel and I took care of it. | 而瑞秋和我处理了这件事 |
[27:38] | Now as for your time and ability, | 至于你的时间精力 |
[27:40] | if you don’t do whatever assignment Rachel gives you, | 如果你不好好完成瑞秋交待的任务 |
[27:42] | I don’t give a shit how good you are. | 我才不管你有多优秀 |
[27:44] | We are gonna show you the door. | 我们会直接让你走人 |
[28:07] | Did you come by to tell me that the work I did saved your ass? | 你过来跟我说我帮了你大忙吗 |
[28:09] | It did, but that’s not why I’m here. | 确实帮了大忙 但我不是为这个来 |
[28:13] | Harvey, what’s going on? | 哈维 怎么了 |
[28:15] | You have to drop your pro bono. | 你得放弃公益案 |
[28:17] | There’s a conflict with one of our clients. | 它跟我们一个客户有冲突 |
[28:19] | What? Who? I checked for conflicts | 什么 谁啊 我接案子之前 |
[28:20] | before I took the case. | 核实过有没有利益冲突 |
[28:21] | – It’s a new client. – Well, if it’s a new client, | -一个新客户 -既然是新客户 |
[28:23] | then let’s drop them. | 那直接跟他们解约好了 |
[28:24] | We can’t. They’re a huge developer. | 不能 他们是一家很大的开发商 |
[28:26] | A developer? I’m suing a prison. | 开发商啊 我在起诉一家监狱 |
[28:27] | I know that, but they’re saying– | 我知道 但是他们说… |
[28:29] | I don’t care what they’re saying. | 我才不管他们说什么 |
[28:30] | That’s not a conflict. That’s a shakedown. | 这不是有冲突 这是在敲诈 |
[28:31] | – Mike– – No. | -迈克 -不 |
[28:32] | You’re gonna give me the green light, | 你打算给了我通行证 |
[28:33] | and then I find something, | 我发现了问题 |
[28:34] | and then you’re gonna make me dump them for no good reason? | 你就让我无缘无故放弃吗 |
[28:36] | It’s not no good reason. | 这不是没有原因啊 |
[28:37] | It’s Alex’s developer, and I just brought him in. | 他是亚历克斯的开发商 我刚招他进来 |
[28:40] | I let him lose one of his biggest clients | 第一个星期就让他失去 |
[28:42] | his first week here, it’s a disaster. | 一个大客户吗 简直是噩梦 |
[28:44] | And I let a man die without getting him justice. | 我就该不为一个枉死的人伸张正义 |
[28:46] | – What the hell is that? – Listen to me– | -这算哪门子事 -听我说… |
[28:47] | Listen to yourself. We had a deal. | 你自己想想 我们说好的 |
[28:50] | Now this clown is asking me to drop a client | 这个小丑让我 |
[28:51] | that I made a promise to. | 跟我做了承诺的客户解约 |
[28:53] | Except he’s not asking you to drop him, Mike. | 他没让你解约 迈克 |
[28:55] | I am. And if you don’t, that deal we made–it’s over. | 是我 你不答应我们说好的就不算了 |
[29:07] | How could you do that? | 你怎么能那样做 |
[29:08] | Do what? I was helping you. | 怎么做 我在帮你 |
[29:10] | No, Donna, you were undermining me. | 不 唐娜 你破坏了我的权威 |
[29:13] | Undermining you? | 破坏你的权威 |
[29:14] | You needed backup. That’s what I’m here for. | 你需要支援 所以我才那么做 |
[29:16] | No, I needed to handle the situation, | 不 我需要解决问题 |
[29:18] | which is what I was doing until you decided to interfere | 而我正在解决问题时 |
[29:21] | in something that you don’t know anything about. | 你不清楚状况就来搅合 |
[29:23] | No offense, Rachel, but I did know something about it, | 无意冒犯 瑞秋 但我确实知道情况 |
[29:25] | and from what I could tell, you weren’t handling it at all. | 据我所知 你根本没法把问题解决好 |
[29:27] | And you think what you did was any better? | 那你觉得你这样做有用吗 |
[29:29] | I think I told you that you need to set the tone early on. | 我早就告诉过你要早点立下威信 |
[29:31] | Okay, and the tone that you just set | 你刚刚定的基调就是 |
[29:33] | is that if you’re not there, she can walk all over me. | 你要是不在 她就可以骑到我脖子上来了 |
[29:36] | Well, I don’t know what room you were in, | 我不知道你当时在不在场 |
[29:37] | but she was doing that anyway. | 但她已经爬你头上了 |
[29:39] | And what does it say about me if the other associates | 要是其他律师看到我放任她这么做 |
[29:41] | see me letting her do that? | 他们会怎么议论我 |
[29:42] | What it says is that you trust my leadership style | 那会说明你相信我的领导能力 |
[29:44] | instead of thinking that you need to fight my fights for me. | 而不是认为你得为我抗争 |
[29:47] | Stephanie needed what I gave her. | 斯特芬妮该挨我的训 |
[29:48] | And if you think that was me fighting your fights, | 你要是以为我是在为你抗争 |
[29:50] | you don’t know what you’re talking about. | 你都不知道你在说些什么 |
[29:52] | Because if it were up to me, | 因为如果我说了算 |
[29:53] | I would’ve fired her on the spot. | 我早就把她炒了 |
[29:55] | Well then, why didn’t you? | 那你怎么不炒呢 |
[29:55] | Because they’re not my associates. | 因为他们不是我的律师 |
[29:57] | You’re right. They’re mine. | 你说的对 他们是我的律师 |
[29:58] | And I fought for you to get them. | 我为你努力争取到了他们 |
[30:00] | And you just belittled me | 而你刚刚在他们所有人面前 |
[30:01] | and embarrassed me in front of all of them. | 让我矮了一截 |
[30:04] | And that is not something that I thought | 我以为我的朋友 |
[30:05] | my friend would do to me. | 不会对我这么做 |
[30:07] | Well, you know what, I never thought I would say this, | 我从没想过我会说下面的话 |
[30:08] | but maybe you weren’t ready for your new position. | 也许你还没为你的新职位做好准备 |
[30:11] | Well, you know what, Donna? | 你知道吗 唐娜 |
[30:12] | Maybe neither were you. | 或许你也没有 |
[30:19] | Dr. Lipschitz, I, uh– I know you’re in a session. | 利普希茨医生 我知道你还在治疗 |
[30:21] | I just wanted to say that you were right. | 我只是想说你是对的 |
[30:23] | Uh, I was overreacting. | 我反应过度了 |
[30:25] | I do not have a problem with Alex. | 我没有对亚历克斯不满 |
[30:27] | And, uh, if I ever get triggered again, | 如果我再有了什么情绪 |
[30:29] | I have the deep breathing. | 我会深呼吸 |
[30:31] | Anyway, thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[30:33] | Auf Wiedersehen. | 再见 |
[30:35] | Mike. | 迈克 |
[30:36] | It’s good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[30:37] | This’ll just take a few minutes, and then it’s all yours. | 我只需要几分钟就够了 之后你随便用 |
[30:39] | No, it doesn’t matter how long it takes, Louis. | 多久并不要紧 路易 |
[30:41] | We can just charge the time back to some client, right? | 反正跟客户收到钱就行了 对吧 |
[30:43] | ‘Cause nobody around here gives a shit about anything | 反正这儿的人只在乎赚钱 |
[30:45] | other than making money anyway. | 其他的事一概不想管 |
[30:47] | Mike, what is going on? | 迈克 发生什么了 |
[30:48] | What’s going on is that the only reason I came back here | 事情是 我回来的唯一原因 |
[30:50] | is that Harvey and I made a deal, | 是哈维和我曾经有过约定 |
[30:52] | and it hasn’t even been a week, | 然而还不到一周 |
[30:53] | and he’s already going back on it. | 他就把这忘到脑后了 |
[30:55] | That’s not gonna happen on my watch. Okay? | 我不会允许这种事发生 好吗 |
[30:56] | So just slow down. | 所以冷静一下 |
[30:58] | Tell me what the hell you’re talking about. | 告诉我你说的到底是怎么回事 |
[31:05] | Harvey, we need to talk. | 哈维 我们需要谈谈 |
[31:06] | Mike just told me you’re breaking a deal with him. | 迈克刚刚告诉我 你打破了和他的约定 |
[31:08] | Well, he shouldn’t have told you that, | 他不该跟你说这些的 |
[31:09] | because that’s none of your business. | 因为这不关你事 |
[31:10] | None of my business? | 不关我事 |
[31:11] | My name’s on the wall as much as yours. | 我的名字就写在墙上 和你的一样 |
[31:13] | Look, if Mike doesn’t drop that case, | 听着 如果迈克不放弃诉讼的话 |
[31:16] | we lose a major client. | 我们就要失去一个大客户了 |
[31:17] | – I can’t have that. – No, Harvey. | -那我接受不了 -不 哈维 |
[31:19] | What we can’t have is you setting a precedent | 我们接受不了的是你开创了个先例 |
[31:21] | that Alex’s clients can run roughshod all over us. | 让亚历克斯的客户骑在我们头上作威作福 |
[31:24] | Keep your voices down. | 你们小点声 |
[31:25] | Oh, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[31:26] | So this isn’t about me breaking my deal with Mike. | 这不是关于我打破了和迈克的约定 |
[31:28] | This is about you being jealous of Alex. | 而是关于你嫉妒亚历克斯 |
[31:30] | No, it isn’t. I thought it was a mistake | 不是 在我发现那是亚历克斯的客户之前 |
[31:32] | even before I found out that it was Alex’s client. | 我就觉得那是个错误 |
[31:34] | – Harvey, he has a point. – Bullshit. | -哈维 他说的有道理 -扯淡 |
[31:36] | You told me you were afraid that I was gonna become | 你跟我说过 你害怕我和他的关系 |
[31:38] | better friends with him than you, and that’s what this is. | 会比我们之间关系更好 就是这么回事 |
[31:41] | How dare you say that to me in front of Donna? | 你竟敢在唐娜面前这样说 |
[31:44] | I told you that in complete confidence. | 我可是私下告诉你这些的 |
[31:47] | This isn’t about my relationship with Alex. | 这不是关于我和亚历克斯的关系 |
[31:49] | This is about your relationship with Alex | 而是关于你和他的关系 |
[31:51] | and how you’re afraid to stand up to him. | 以及你不敢直面他 |
[31:54] | You want to run that by me again? | 你再跟我说一遍 |
[31:55] | I just ran it by you. | 我刚跟你说过一遍 |
[31:57] | What you are doing is a mistake. | 你犯了个错误 |
[31:59] | I don’t think so, | 我不觉得 |
[32:00] | and Donna doesn’t think so, which means– | 唐娜也不觉得 所以说… |
[32:02] | Actually, Harvey, I do. | 实际上 哈维 我也觉得你犯错了 |
[32:04] | And if it’s all the same to you, I can speak for myself. | 而且如果你不介意的话 我有话可以自己说 |
[32:06] | – Are you kidding me? – No, I’m not. | -你在开玩笑吗 -没有 |
[32:09] | Because the last time you said if I had something to say, | 因为上次你说过 如果我有什么事情要说 |
[32:12] | say it in the goddamn meeting. | 就在会上说出来 |
[32:13] | Well, this is the goddamn meeting. | 而这就是会上了 |
[32:14] | And I happen to think we should keep our word to Mike | 我觉得应该对迈克信守诺言 |
[32:16] | instead of letting some client bully us. | 而不是任凭客户欺凌我们 |
[32:18] | Well, I appreciate the input. | 感谢你的发言 |
[32:20] | But I told you you’d get a vote | 但我说过 需要投票的时候 |
[32:22] | when I said there’d be a vote, | 会有你的一票 |
[32:24] | and this isn’t a vote. | 而现在不需要投票 |
[32:26] | As for you, take a look in the mirror, | 至于你 好好照照镜子吧 |
[32:29] | because the only reason that you’re pissed about this | 因为你生气的唯一原因是 |
[32:31] | is your new honeysuckle friend canceled lunch on you for me. | 你的新的好友 为了我取消了和你吃午餐 |
[32:43] | Louis… | 路易 |
[32:55] | Aren’t you a little old to be spending your break | 你都这么大年纪了 怎么还把假期时间花在 |
[32:57] | in a comic book store? | 漫画店里 |
[32:58] | Everybody has their hobbies, Mike. | 每个人都有爱好 迈克 |
[33:00] | Mine’s comics. | 我的爱好就是漫画 |
[33:02] | Yours is helping big corporations | 而你的爱好就是帮大公司 |
[33:03] | screw over the little guy. | 挤兑弱势的一方 |
[33:06] | Oliver, wait. | 等等 奥利佛 |
[33:09] | I just, I came here because I owe you an apology, | 我来这里只是想和你道歉 |
[33:13] | and… this is my way of doing it. | 而这是我道歉的方式 |
[33:14] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[33:15] | More money to make everything okay? | 多花点钱 好摆平事情吗 |
[33:17] | It’s a case. It’s one that means a lot to me. | 这是个案子 它对我来说很重要 |
[33:20] | It’s about a guy who died in prison. | 是关于死于狱中的一个人 |
[33:22] | If it means so much to you, why don’t you do it yourself? | 如果这对你那么重要 你干嘛不自己做 |
[33:24] | I can’t. | 我没法做 |
[33:26] | We have a conflict with one of our clients. | 我们和一个客户有冲突 |
[33:29] | Well, that’s a nice speech, Mike, but I’m not interested, | 说得很好 迈克 但我还是算了吧 |
[33:31] | because there’s something in it for you, like always. | 因为还是有你的自身利益在里面 一向如此 |
[33:34] | Oliver, please, look, before you say no, | 拜托 奥利佛 你拒绝之前 |
[33:35] | just listen to what I have to say. | 起码听一下我要说的话 |
[33:36] | I don’t need to listen to you anymore. | 我不需要再听你说什么了 |
[33:38] | God damn it, I almost died in there. | 他妈的 我差点死在里面了 |
[33:45] | What? | 你说什么 |
[33:50] | My second night in Danbury, | 我在丹伯里监狱的第二个晚上 |
[33:51] | I thought that someone was gonna kill me. | 我以为有人会来杀我 |
[33:54] | And then my last night, | 然后在我最后一晚 |
[33:55] | I knew that same guy was coming for me again. | 我知道 同一个人又来了 |
[33:58] | But I got out. | 但我逃了出去 |
[34:01] | This kid didn’t. | 这个孩子没逃出去 |
[34:04] | The only thing that’s in this for me | 我在这里唯一的自身利益 |
[34:06] | is making sure that this doesn’t happen to someone else. | 就是确保这事不会发生在别人身上 |
[34:16] | This seems pretty cut-and-dry, Mike. | 看上去没问题 迈克 |
[34:18] | That’s how they want it to look. | 他们正希望如此 |
[34:20] | I already know they didn’t have enough guard staff | 我已经知道了 他们那天晚上 |
[34:21] | on duty that night. | 警卫人手不够 |
[34:25] | Which means they probably didn’t have | 所以 他们很可能 |
[34:26] | enough medical staff either. | 医务人员也不够 |
[34:27] | Or maybe none at all. | 说不定根本没有 |
[34:28] | Look, I can’t let them get away with this | 听着 我不能任由他们逃脱制裁 |
[34:31] | without handing it off to the one lawyer | 我要把这案子交给那个 |
[34:32] | I know cares enough to see it through. | 在乎这件事并且能办成的律师 |
[34:38] | Okay, Mike. | 好 迈克 |
[34:40] | I’m in. | 我加入 |
[34:47] | – Donna, whatever it is– – Rachel, I’m so sorry. | -唐娜 无论是什么事 -瑞秋 我真的很抱歉 |
[34:50] | What I did was wrong and horrible | 我犯了个可怕的错误 |
[34:52] | and showed you no respect, | 对你毫无尊重 |
[34:53] | and then you came and tried to tell me that, | 而当你过来告知我这一点的时候 |
[34:55] | and I made it a thousand times worse. | 我的做法使它变得更糟了 |
[34:57] | Why would you do something like that in the first place? | 那你为什么要那样做 |
[35:00] | ‘Cause I’m new at this. | 因为我也是个新手 |
[35:03] | Then I saw Stephanie treating you like shit, | 我看见斯特芬妮对你那么糟 |
[35:05] | and it felt like she was doing that to me. | 感觉就像是她在那样对我 |
[35:08] | Because you’re the one that gave me the job. | 因为是你给了我这份工作 |
[35:10] | Maybe. | 或许吧 |
[35:12] | And then you told me I cut your legs out, | 然后你说我拆你的台 |
[35:14] | and that made me feel even worse, | 那让我觉得更糟了 |
[35:15] | and I took it out on you. | 所以我就拿你泄愤 |
[35:16] | – Donna– – Rachel, you were right. | -唐娜 -瑞秋 你是对的 |
[35:18] | I’m not completely ready for this. | 我还没完全准备好 |
[35:23] | And I’m not always gonna get things right, | 我做的事情并不总是对的 |
[35:24] | and I got them really wrong today. | 而我今天就犯了个大错 |
[35:30] | Maybe not all wrong. | 或许也不是全都错了 |
[35:33] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[35:37] | I thought about it too. | 我自己也想了一下 |
[35:39] | I am finally a member of the bar. | 我终于进入律师协会了 |
[35:49] | I don’t want to supervise anyone right now. | 我现在谁也不想管 |
[35:52] | I just want to be the best lawyer I can be. | 我只想尽自己所能当个好律师 |
[35:55] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[35:58] | I’ll take care of the associates for now. | 暂时由我来负责这些律师吧 |
[36:03] | Donna. | 唐娜 |
[36:04] | What made you realize all that? | 你是怎么想到这些的 |
[36:06] | Let’s just say | 这么说吧 |
[36:07] | I was reminded what it feels like | 有人提醒了我 |
[36:09] | when someone speaks for you and what they’re saying | 别人代替你说话 而且说的 |
[36:11] | is the complete opposite of what you wanted to say. | 并不是你想说的意思的感觉 |
[36:14] | – Louis? – Harvey. | -路易吗 -哈维 |
[36:17] | The one who gave you your new position. | 给你这职位的人 |
[36:20] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[36:22] | I’m so sorry, Donna. | 我很遗憾 唐娜 |
[36:24] | I’m sorry too, Rachel. | 我也是 瑞秋 |
[36:33] | Harvey, it’s late. Whatever it is– | 哈维 天很晚了 不管什么事… |
[36:35] | Did you pawn that thing off to the clinic? | 你是不是把这案子交给诊所了 |
[36:39] | You asked me to drop it, so I dropped it. | 你让我放手 所以我就放手了 |
[36:40] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[36:42] | You gave it to the clinic you’re affiliated with. | 你把它给了与你有关的诊所 |
[36:43] | The clinic you told me I could give cases to | 是那个你跟我说允许我任意选择 |
[36:45] | at my discretion. | 案子给予的诊所 |
[36:46] | Maybe you missed the memo. | 也许是我没说清楚 |
[36:48] | If our firm is in any way associated with that case, | 如果我们的律所和本案扯上任何关系 |
[36:51] | we lose a huge client. | 我们都会丢失一个大客户 |
[36:52] | Harvey, I’m not working on it. | 哈维 我已经不办这个案子了 |
[36:54] | Then you’re gonna put that in writing, | 那就出一份书面声明 |
[36:55] | and you’re gonna deliver it to Alex’s client. | 而且要交给亚历克斯的客户 |
[36:57] | Ironclad Chinese wall. | 铁甲长城 |
[36:59] | You have nothing to do with this case. | 保证你与本案无关 |
[37:01] | Are you saying you don’t trust me? | 你的意思是你不信任我吗 |
[37:02] | You saying you didn’t know what you were doing | 你是在说你把案子交给诊所时 |
[37:03] | when you gave it to the clinic? | 不知道这意味着什么吗 |
[37:08] | Okay, Harvey. | 好吧 哈维 |
[37:10] | I’ll put it in writing. | 我出声明 |
[37:13] | I want you word you’re gonna live | 我要你亲口给我保证 |
[37:14] | by what you sign. | 你将遵守声明 |
[37:18] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[37:26] | You wanted to see me? | 你找我 |
[37:28] | Yes, I did, I was just wondering, | 是的 我想问问 |
[37:30] | have you redone the assignment that Rachel gave you? | 瑞秋给你的任务你重做了吗 |
[37:34] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[37:35] | I had a ton on my plate. | 我的事情一大堆 |
[37:37] | I was gonna get to it tomorrow. | 本来打算明天做 |
[37:41] | You’re fired. | 你被解雇了 |
[37:43] | Please, I-I really was going to do it. | 求你 我真的打算做的 |
[37:46] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[37:48] | But my rule is three strikes and you’re out. | 但我的规矩是 三振出局 |
[37:50] | Otherwise, where does it end? | 否则错误总会没完没了 |
[37:52] | In that case, why not do this publicly? | 如果这样 为什么不当众宣布 |
[37:55] | I don’t need to do this publicly, Stephanie. | 我不需要当众宣布 斯特芬妮 |
[37:57] | When you’re not here tomorrow, people will know what happened. | 你明天不来上班了 大家自然明白 |
[38:00] | But I do want you to know, I wish you well. | 但我想告诉你 我希望你未来会好 |
[38:04] | Do you expect me to believe that? | 你真指望我相信这种话吗 |
[38:06] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:07] | But it’s true. | 但这话是真的 |
[38:26] | Before you say anything, | 先别急着开口 |
[38:27] | I came here for a reason. | 我来是有原因的 |
[38:29] | Because this is where we met, | 因为这里是我们初见的地方 |
[38:31] | but it isn’t where I need to be anymore. | 但现在我已经不属于这里 |
[38:33] | Harvey, I don’t think– | 哈维 我不是觉得… |
[38:35] | I just have one question to ask you. | 我只有一个问题问你 |
[38:36] | Are you worried about what this woman’s gonna think | 你是在担心这个女人的想法 |
[38:39] | or because you think what we’re doing is wrong? | 还是担心我们不合适 |
[38:41] | Because if this is just about what other people think, | 因为如果只是担心别人的想法 |
[38:43] | it’s crazy. | 那是大错特错 |
[38:44] | Well, it isn’t crazy to me, | 但我不这么认为 |
[38:47] | and I need you to understand that. | 而且我需要你理解这一点 |
[38:48] | I do understand that, | 我理解 |
[38:49] | but I also know we have a connection, | 但我也知道我们有感情 |
[38:51] | and to throw that away | 就为了你毫无来由的幻想中的问题 |
[38:53] | because of some figment of your imagination– | 就把它抛弃… |
[38:54] | It is not a figment of my imagination. | 这不是毫无来由的幻想 |
[38:58] | And I’m not worried about what she thinks. | 而且我也不是担心她的想法 |
[38:59] | I am worried about what I think. | 我担心的是我的想法 |
[39:01] | And what is it that you think? | 那你的想法是什么 |
[39:03] | That what if this was a terrible mistake | 我在想这是不是一个大错误 |
[39:05] | and it doesn’t work out | 如果最后不成呢 |
[39:07] | and I look like a fool? | 如果我出丑呢 |
[39:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[39:12] | I know I’m not the therapist here, | 我知道你才是心理医生 |
[39:15] | but isn’t that the risk of any relationship? | 但这难道不是每段恋爱都会有的担忧吗 |
[39:21] | I’m scared, Harvey. | 我害怕 哈维 |
[39:23] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[39:27] | What do you say we both be scared together? | 我们一起害怕好吗 |
[39:38] | Can I help you? | 有事吗 |
[39:40] | Yeah. | 有 |
[39:42] | My name is Mike Ross. | 我叫迈克·罗斯 |
[39:44] | I would say nice to meet you, | 我很想说很高兴认识你 |
[39:46] | but I’m pretty sure you don’t feel the same way. | 但我想你肯定不这么想 |
[39:48] | Not particularly. | 确实 |
[39:51] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[39:52] | My next 15 potential lawsuits. | 我接下来的十五个可能的案子 |
[39:54] | I just want to make sure you don’t have any conflicts | 我只是想确保你和这些案子 |
[39:56] | with any of these. | 没有什么冲突 |
[39:57] | Maybe your client’s grandmother | 也许你客户的奶奶 |
[39:58] | shops at the supermarket | 在12号中提到的超市 |
[39:59] | across the street from number 12. | 购物过 |
[40:01] | I’ll take a look. | 我会看的 |
[40:04] | Good, ’cause just to be clear, | 很好 我想跟你说清楚 |
[40:05] | if I’d known there was a conflict, | 如果我提前知道有冲突 |
[40:06] | I never would’ve taken the case. | 我是不会接这个案子的 |
[40:10] | I appreciate you dropping it. | 谢谢你送来这个 |
[40:11] | I was bulldozed into dropping it, | 我是被迫送来这个的 |
[40:14] | just like I was bulldozed into signing this. | 而且还被迫签了这个 |
[40:18] | Now, I can live with both those things, | 这两件事我可以接受 |
[40:20] | but I never want to get caught in this situation again. | 但我不希望再发生这种状况 |
[40:24] | What’s so funny? | 笑什么 |
[40:26] | I just told my client the same damn thing. | 我刚跟我的客户说了同样的话 |
[40:29] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[40:30] | You think this makes me look good? | 你以为这件事就让我脸上有光吗 |
[40:34] | Well then I guess we’re in the same boat after all. | 那看来也许我们真的是一条船上的人 |
[40:38] | It’s nice to meet you, Mike. | 很高兴认识你 迈克 |
[40:41] | Welcome to Pearson Specter Litt. | 皮尔逊-斯佩克特-利特欢迎你 |
[40:45] | You said I needed a strategy for when it happened. | 你说我需要面对这种事的策略 |
[40:47] | Well, I used your strategy, and I got over it, | 我用了你的策略 放下了这件事 |
[40:50] | but it didn’t fix a goddamn thing! | 但一点问题都没解决 |
[40:52] | Louis, calm down. I’m here for you. | 路易 镇定 有我帮你 |
[40:56] | No, you’re not! You’re never there for me. | 你没有 你从来就没帮过我 |
[40:58] | You’re always against me. | 你永远都要跟我对着干 |
[41:00] | I did what you said, | 我按你的话做了 |
[41:02] | and this time, it’s not my fault. | 但这次 不是我的错 |
[41:04] | And I don’t give a shit what you think. | 我不管你是怎么想的 |
[41:07] | I’m not the horrible person you always say I am. | 我不是你口中所谓的坏人 |
[41:09] | Louis, I don’t think you’re a horrible person. | 路易 我不觉得你是坏人 |
[41:11] | I think you’re a wonderful person. | 我觉得你很好 |
[41:13] | And if I haven’t made that clear to you, | 如果我没有让你认识到这一点 |
[41:15] | I am very sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[41:17] | Well, you can be sorry all you want, Harvey. | 你怎么抱歉都行 哈维 |
[41:19] | – Louis? – But you are wrong about me. | -路易 -但你看错我了 |
[41:21] | I’m not a worthless piece of shit. | 我不是没用的废物 |
[41:23] | You failed me. | 是你辜负了我 |
[41:26] | And you were wrong. | 而且你不该如此 |
[41:28] | You were wrong! | 你不该 |