时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | One of my transport flights was carrying some art. | 我有架运输机运了几幅画 |
[00:04] | The hull depressurized, | 由于舱体失压 |
[00:05] | and one of the pieces got damaged. | 其中一幅被损坏了 |
[00:06] | It had to be insured, so what’s the problem? | 那它一定上保险了吧 问题出在哪 |
[00:08] | The insurance inspector’s got the balls to say | 那个混蛋竟然撂下狠话 |
[00:10] | they’d be suing me for the damages. | 说他们要因损坏起诉我 |
[00:12] | I made an appointment | 我预约了 |
[00:13] | with the top fertility specialist in the country. | 国内最好的生育专家 |
[00:15] | You really think we need a specialist? | 你真的觉得我们需要专家吗 |
[00:17] | The sooner we get some help, | 我们越早得到帮助 |
[00:18] | the sooner we can hold that baby in our arms. | 就能越早抱上孩子 |
[00:20] | Two days ago, when you said this shady son of a bitch | 两天前 你告诉我这个见不得人的混蛋 |
[00:22] | destroyed that painting intentionally– | 是故意损毁了那幅画 |
[00:23] | Is that how you talk about your former clients? | 你就是这么称呼你的前客户的吗 |
[00:25] | Alex, this thing is a loser for you. | 亚历克斯 这案子你要输了 |
[00:27] | Get your client under control. | 让你的客户控制一下自己 |
[00:28] | Don’t talk to me about this case being a loser. | 别告诉我这个案子会输 |
[00:30] | You’re lucky we’re even in here. | 我们能坐下来谈是你走运 |
[00:31] | Bullshit. | 放屁 |
[00:32] | We go to court and I will clean your clock. | 我们要是上了法庭 你一定会输得哭爹喊娘 |
[00:33] | Samantha and Alex are about to go to war. | 萨曼莎和亚历克斯要开战了 |
[00:35] | – I told her to settle. – Well, she didn’t. | -我让她和解了 -她没这么做 |
[00:38] | And if Samantha did that, I’ll deal with her. | 而且如果萨曼莎真这么做了 我会去处理 |
[00:40] | How? Because you’ve let her do | 怎么处理 因为在我看来 |
[00:41] | whatever she wants ever since she got here. | 你从没处理过她 |
[00:43] | I don’t suppose it would do any good | 我觉得要你让亚历克斯 |
[00:44] | to ask you to let Alex go up there first. | 先当冠名合伙人恐怕没什么用吧 |
[00:46] | I’m not backing down because | 我不让步 是因为 |
[00:48] | I think I’m better than Alex Williams, | 我认为我比亚历克斯·威廉姆斯优秀 |
[00:49] | and I’m not gonna say that I’m not. | 而我绝不会承认事实并非如此 |
[00:51] | You have some cervical fibroids | 你有一些子宫肌瘤 |
[00:52] | that, unfortunately, your OB missed, | 很不幸 你的妇产科医生疏忽了 |
[00:54] | and I’d like to remove them. | 我希望能移除它们 |
[00:55] | If we keep doing nothing… | 如果我们继续袖手旁观… |
[00:56] | It’s worse than letting them settle it themselves. | 那比让他们自己解决还糟 |
[00:59] | One case, head-to-head, winner gets name partner. | 一个案子 正面对决 赢家当冠名合伙人 |
[01:04] | As you both know, | 你们也知道 |
[01:05] | Harvey and I each made a promise | 哈维和我各自承诺过 |
[01:07] | to put your names on the door next. | 下一个冠名合伙人的人选 |
[01:09] | And obviously it’s not possible for us both | 很显然我们俩没办法 |
[01:11] | to keep that promise. | 同时兑现诺言 |
[01:12] | This better not be you telling us | 你最好别告诉我们 |
[01:14] | we’re going up at the same time, | 我们两个要一起升职 |
[01:15] | because as far as I’m concerned, | 因为在我看来 |
[01:16] | that’s as bullshit as telling me you’re giving it to him. | 这和告诉我你们准备给他升职一样扯淡 |
[01:18] | And for once, you and I agree. | 这次我同意你的看法 |
[01:20] | Good, because we have another idea. | 很好 因为我们另有打算 |
[01:23] | Are those what I think they are? | 不会是我想的那个打算吧 |
[01:24] | Two conflict of interest waivers | 两份利益冲突的弃权声明书 |
[01:26] | giving you the green light to take off the gloves | 让你们可以名正言顺地 |
[01:28] | and get in the ring. | 正面对抗 |
[01:29] | You wanted a fight. You got it. | 你们想开战 成全你们 |
[01:30] | The winner gets their name up next. | 胜者成为下一个冠名合伙人 |
[01:32] | Any questions? | 有问题吗 |
[01:34] | I got one. | 我有问题 |
[01:35] | Is it gonna be “And Williams,” | 律所名字会变成”和威廉姆斯” |
[01:36] | or just “Zane Specter Litt Williams”? | 还是”赞恩·斯佩克特·利特·威廉姆斯” |
[01:38] | I can answer that. It’s not gonna be either one. | 我来回答你 都不会是 |
[01:40] | Then I guess we’ll just have to find out. | 那看来我们只能走着瞧了 |
[01:41] | I guess we will. | 那就走着瞧吧 |
[01:42] | Well, before you start taking any swings, | 在你们动手之前 |
[01:44] | I wanna make one thing clear: | 我要申明一点 |
[01:46] | This is a fair fight. | 这是场公平竞争 |
[01:47] | No using inside information. | 不能使用内线消息 |
[01:49] | No looking at the other person’s shit. | 不能挖掘对方的丑闻 |
[01:51] | Are we clear? | 听清楚了吗 |
[01:52] | – Yes. – Clear. | -清楚 -清楚 |
[01:53] | And if no one else is gonna say it, I will. | 如果没人打算说 那让我来吧 |
[01:57] | Let’s get ready to rumble. | 让我们轰然向前吧 |
[02:09] | Harvey. What are you doing here? | 哈维 你来干什么 |
[02:11] | I came to say I know this isn’t how either of us | 我来是想说我知道这和我们预想的 |
[02:13] | thought this would go down. | 都不一样 |
[02:15] | And I wanted to make sure you were good with it. | 我想确保你能接受这种方式 |
[02:18] | If this is what it’s gonna take, | 如果非要付出这种代价 |
[02:19] | then I’m not just good with it. | 我不仅能接受这个 |
[02:21] | I’m also good with this. | 我还能接受这个 |
[02:23] | Let me guess. | 我猜猜 |
[02:24] | You want me to take care of this for you. | 你想让我帮你处理这件事 |
[02:26] | It’s nothing you haven’t done before. | 你也不是没做过这种事 |
[02:27] | What happened to | 不是每次我插手 |
[02:28] | you don’t like it when I get involved? | 都会惹得你不高兴吗 |
[02:30] | What I don’t like is you getting involved | 我不喜欢的是每次我让你别插手 |
[02:31] | when I asked you to stay out of it. | 你却总是不听 |
[02:32] | This is me telling you to get your ass in it. | 我想让你介入这件事 |
[02:35] | All right, Alex. | 好 亚历克斯 |
[02:36] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[02:37] | Because once I do this, there’s no taking it back. | 因为一旦我介入 就没法反悔了 |
[02:39] | Yes, I’m sure. | 是的 我确定 |
[02:40] | Because I guarantee you, | 因为我向你保证 |
[02:42] | she’s going to Robert to do the same damn thing. | 她会让罗伯特做同样的事 |
[02:44] | So the question is, are you here for me or not? | 所以问题是 你愿不愿意帮我 |
[02:48] | I’m here for you, Alex. I’m right the hell here. | 我愿意 亚历克斯 我当然愿意帮你 |
[03:00] | – Good, you’re here. – No. | -太好了 你在这里 -不行 |
[03:02] | What do you mean no? You don’t even know what I want. | 什么不行 你都不知道我想要什么 |
[03:04] | Bullshit, I don’t. | 我怎么会不知道 |
[03:05] | You’re here for some kind of edge with Alex Williams, | 你来是为了想领先亚历克斯·威廉姆斯 |
[03:07] | and I’m not gonna give it to you. | 我不会帮你的 |
[03:08] | – Why not? – Because if I step in to help you, | -为什么 -因为如果我帮你的话 |
[03:11] | it undermines the whole arrangement. | 就会破坏整个计划 |
[03:12] | All I’m asking is to delay the trial a week. | 我只要求庭审推迟一周 |
[03:15] | Samantha, I’m managing partner here because | 萨曼莎 我之所以是经营合伙人 |
[03:16] | I stayed out when it was time. Well, it’s still time. | 是因为我知道什么时候该旁观 现在就是 |
[03:19] | And if you wanna delay this thing, | 如果你想推迟此事 |
[03:21] | you’re gonna have to do it on your own. | 那你也要靠自己的本事 |
[03:22] | – That is bullshit. – And you’re entitled to your opinion. | -都是鬼话 -你怎么想是你的事 |
[03:25] | Now, unless you got some other business, | 现在 除非你还有其他事情 |
[03:27] | why don’t you just let me wash my hands in peace? | 否则你何不让我安安静静洗个手呢 |
[03:35] | * See the money, wanna stay for your meal * | *看到钱 就愿意留下吃饭* |
[03:39] | * Get another piece of pie for your wife * | *给你太太再拿块馅饼* |
[03:42] | * Everybody wanna know how it feel * | *所有人都想知道那感觉* |
[03:45] | * Everybody wanna see what it’s like * | *所有人都想见见那景象* |
[03:49] | * I’ll even eat a bean pie, I don’t mind * | *豆子馅饼我也愿吃 我不在乎* |
[03:52] | * Me and Missy is so busy, busy making money * | *我和妹子忙着赚钱* |
[03:56] | * All right * | *好了* |
[03:57] | * All step back, I’m ’bout to dance * | *退开点 我要跳舞* |
[04:03] | * The greenback boogie * | *美钞爵士摇摇摇* |
[04:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:17] | You ending the night or starting the day? | 这算是你一天的结束还是开始 |
[04:19] | – Both. – Same here. | -都是 -我也一样 |
[04:22] | Banker or lawyer? | 银行家还是律师 |
[04:25] | What I am is not interested. | 我对这个问题不感兴趣 |
[04:27] | Well, you might not be interested, | 好吧 也许你不会感兴趣 |
[04:28] | but you’re going to listen. | 但你还是要听 |
[04:29] | Now, we can be formal about this, Samantha, | 我们可以进行正式谈话 萨曼莎 |
[04:31] | or you can just call me Tom. | 或者你可以直接叫我汤姆 |
[04:36] | Okay, Tom. I’m listening. | 好吧 汤姆 我洗耳恭听 |
[04:39] | We know there’s money laundering going on in your firm, | 我们知道你的律所正在洗钱 |
[04:42] | but we don’t know how high up the food chain it goes. | 但我们不知道此事涉及到多高的层面 |
[04:45] | And the bureau thinks | 联调局里认为 |
[04:47] | that you’d be the perfect person to help us answer that question. | 你是回答这个问题的最佳人选 |
[04:50] | – Why me? – We know that you served | -为什么是我 -我们知道你之前 |
[04:51] | your country once before. | 曾经为你的国家出过力 |
[04:53] | This is a chance to serve it again. | 现在这是你报效祖国的第二次机会 |
[04:54] | Well, you can wave the flag all you want, | 你可以随意挥动你的爱国主义大旗 |
[04:56] | but I don’t know anything, and I’m loyal to the people | 但我什么都不知道 我也绝不会背叛 |
[04:57] | I’m in the foxhole with right now. | 和我在同一阵营的人 |
[04:59] | Well, if you’re not gonna ask what you can do | 好吧 如果你不想知道你能为你的国家 |
[05:01] | for your country, then… | 做些什么的话 那么… |
[05:03] | maybe you should ask what your country can do to you. | 你应该问问你的国家能对你做些什么 |
[05:12] | – These records were sealed. – They were. | -这些记录已经被封存了 -曾经是 |
[05:13] | And whether they stay sealed is entirely your choice. | 而它们是否会被继续封存完全取决于你 |
[05:18] | See what you can dig up, | 看看你能查出点什么吧 |
[05:19] | and don’t say a word about this to anyone. | 不要把这件事告诉任何人 |
[05:36] | You don’t usually come in and sit right down. | 你一般不会直接走进来坐下 |
[05:38] | This must be important. | 所以你肯定有要事 |
[05:39] | I need to say something about this trial, | 我想谈谈关于这次庭审的事 |
[05:40] | and I need you to hear me. | 我需要你好好听着 |
[05:42] | Donna, if this is about us not consulting you, | 唐娜 如果你是想说我们没有找你商量 |
[05:44] | it was a name partner decision. | 这是冠名合伙人内部间的决定 |
[05:45] | It’s not about that, Harvey. | 我要说的不是这个 哈维 |
[05:47] | I’m here to talk about what we’re gonna do when it’s over. | 我想说的是这件事结束后 我们怎么办 |
[05:49] | – What do you mean? – We’re all still gonna be here, | -什么意思 -我们还是要在这里 |
[05:51] | and win or lose, | 不论输赢 |
[05:51] | it’s gonna be on you to keep the peace. | 最后负责维持和平的那个人一定是你 |
[05:54] | I hope you’re asking the same of Zane. | 我希望你对赞恩也有一样的要求 |
[05:56] | – I’m not. – Why not? | -我不会这么做的 -为什么 |
[05:57] | Because this is still more your firm than his, | 因为这里还是更像是你的律所而不是他的 |
[05:59] | and everybody knows it. | 每个人都心知肚明 |
[06:01] | So if Alex wins, | 所以如果亚历克斯赢了 |
[06:03] | you need to be magnanimous about it. | 你必须表现出宽宏大量的样子 |
[06:05] | And Harvey, if Samantha wins, | 还有哈维 如果赢的是萨曼莎 |
[06:06] | you need to be the bigger man | 你更加要大度些 |
[06:08] | and accept it with grace. | 体面地接受这个事实 |
[06:11] | You don’t think Alex can win, do you? | 你不觉得亚历克斯会赢 是吗 |
[06:13] | – What if I said I don’t? – I’d wanna know why. | -如果我说是呢 -我不想知道原因 |
[06:15] | Because this isn’t about who the better lawyer is. | 因为这无关于谁是更好的律师 |
[06:18] | It’s about winning. | 这只关乎胜利 |
[06:19] | And unless he suddenly becomes a different person, | 除非他突然变成另一个人 |
[06:21] | he’s not willing to go as far as she is to win. | 他不会像她那样渴求胜利的 |
[06:24] | Well then maybe he is becoming a different person. | 那也许他正在变得不同 |
[06:26] | – What do you mean? – I mean he came to me for help, | -什么意思 -他来找我帮忙了 |
[06:29] | and he wasn’t asking. He was telling. | 不是请求 是通知 |
[06:31] | – And you gave it to him? – I did. | -于是你就帮他了 -是的 |
[06:32] | Harvey, if Alex comes to you asking for help again, | 哈维 如果亚历克斯再来找你帮忙 |
[06:34] | – say no. – Why? | -拒绝他 -为什么 |
[06:36] | Because this isn’t just about keeping the peace later. | 因为这不仅关乎今后的和平 |
[06:39] | If we’re not careful, this could rip us apart | 如果我们不谨慎 这件事会在结束之前 |
[06:42] | before it’s even over. | 就让律所分崩离析 |
[06:50] | What’s all this? | 这些是什么 |
[06:52] | Just wanted to make sure you had all of our discovery. | 只是想确保你知道了我们的全部发现 |
[06:54] | You’re bringing me a cartload of documents | 你想让我在晚上九点 |
[06:55] | to go through at 9:00 at night? | 来仔细看这一车的文件 |
[06:57] | And this is just the tip of the iceberg. | 这些还只是冰山一角 |
[07:00] | You might wanna order takeout. | 你也许会想带回家看的 |
[07:01] | How much of this is purely to waste my time? | 这一堆里有多少是单纯来浪费我时间的 |
[07:03] | I’ll leave that to you, but speaking of time… | 这个问题留给你自己解答 但说起时间 |
[07:09] | I don’t believe it! | 我不相信 |
[07:10] | You moved the trial to tomorrow? | 你居然把庭审提到了明天 |
[07:11] | I don’t run the four corners, Samantha. | 我可不喜欢迂回战术 萨曼莎 |
[07:13] | I fast-break. | 我喜欢直接快攻 |
[07:14] | And right now, it’s show time. | 现在就是我大展身手的时候 |
[07:16] | You think I don’t know what you’re doing? | 你以为我不知道你在做什么吗 |
[07:18] | You’re trying to speed this thing up | 你想快刀斩乱麻 |
[07:19] | because you know your client is guilty, | 因为你知道你的客户有罪 |
[07:21] | just like you know | 你也清楚 |
[07:22] | if I have time to dig in, I’ll prove it. | 如果我有时间深挖 我会证明的 |
[07:24] | I’m trying to speed this up | 我想速战速决的原因是 |
[07:25] | because the longer this goes on, | 这件事情拖得越久 |
[07:26] | the longer my client’s image gets dragged through the mud. | 就越不利于维护我客户的形象 |
[07:28] | Spare me the song and dance, Alex. | 少跟我来那一套 亚历克斯 |
[07:30] | The judge might not have seen through it, but I do. | 法官也许看不穿你的把戏 但我能 |
[07:31] | You’re right. He did see it my way. | 你说的没错 他确实在照我的思路走 |
[07:33] | And the only thing you’re gonna see is | 而你能看见的唯一一件事 |
[07:34] | me wiping the floor with you starting tomorrow. | 就是我会在明天让你一败涂地 |
[07:45] | – Yeah? – Louis. | -什么事 -路易 |
[07:47] | Hey, I was just thinking about you. | 我刚刚还在想你 |
[07:48] | What’s going on? How was your day? | 怎么了 你今天过得怎么样 |
[07:50] | Well, I’ve got some good news and some bad news. | 我有好消息和坏消息要说 |
[07:53] | – What happened? – Dean Stanton’s wife | -发生什么了 -迪恩·斯坦顿的妻子 |
[07:55] | was diagnosed with breast cancer, | 被诊断出了乳腺癌 |
[07:57] | and he’s stepping down to spend some time with her. | 他要辞职去多陪陪她 |
[07:59] | Sheila, I am so sorry. | 希拉 我很抱歉 |
[08:01] | The good news is he recommended me to be interim dean. | 好消息是他推荐我当临时院长 |
[08:04] | Oh, my God, that’s amazing. I’m gonna come home right now | 天哪 太棒了 我马上回家 |
[08:07] | and we’re gonna go out and celebrate. | 咱们出去庆祝庆祝 |
[08:08] | Louis, you don’t have to do that. | 路易 你不必这样 |
[08:10] | Well, I know I don’t have to. I want to. | 我知道不必 但我想庆祝 |
[08:11] | No, I mean, you don’t have to do that. | 我说你不必回家 |
[08:14] | Because I’m already here. | 因为我已经在这儿了 |
[08:19] | I am so proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[08:20] | Louis, it hasn’t happened yet. | 路易 这还没定呢 |
[08:22] | It will. | 会定的 |
[08:25] | I know it will. | 我知道会的 |
[08:36] | Excuse me, Mr. Jarvis. Do you have a minute? | 打扰了 贾维斯先生 您现在有空吗 |
[08:39] | Of course I do. But first I’ll need a name. | 当然 但首先我需要知道你的名字 |
[08:42] | Samantha Wheeler. | 萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[08:44] | Well, Samantha Wheeler, what can I do for you? | 萨曼莎·惠勒 你有何贵干 |
[08:47] | When I was hired I was told | 你们雇我的时候提到 |
[08:48] | I could come to senior management with anything. | 我可以随时来找资深管理人员 |
[08:50] | And you can. | 没错 |
[08:51] | We pride ourselves on our reputation | 我们善待助理律师 |
[08:53] | for looking after our associates. | 可是名声在外 |
[08:55] | Which is why I’m hoping you can help me. | 我正是因为这个来寻求您的帮助 |
[08:58] | I was approached by the FBI this morning. | 今天早上联邦调查局找上我 |
[09:00] | They think something’s going on here. | 他们认为这里出了些问题 |
[09:04] | And, well, what did you say? | 那你说了什么 |
[09:06] | I said I’m loyal to my firm. | 我说我对我的律所忠心耿耿 |
[09:08] | Well, that would presume there’s something | 我想首先你得有个 |
[09:10] | to be loyal about. | 忠诚的理由 |
[09:12] | The guy that came at me believes | 那个找上我的家伙认为 |
[09:13] | we’re laundering money. | 我们在洗钱 |
[09:17] | What are you working on right now? | 你现在接的什么案子 |
[09:18] | The suit against Monsanto. | 对孟山都公司的诉讼 |
[09:20] | First thing tomorrow, I’m farming it out to someone else, | 明天一早我就把这案子交给别人 |
[09:22] | because if the FBI’s right, | 如果联邦调查局说的没错 |
[09:23] | then I need someone to dig into our books. | 我就得找人好好查查我们的账簿 |
[09:27] | If I go to accounting, then whoever’s doing this is | 如果到了查账这一步 做事的人 |
[09:29] | gonna know there’s something rotten in Denmark. | 一定会发现丹麦那边出了问题 |
[09:33] | – I’m on it. – Good. | -我这就去办 -好 |
[09:35] | Oh, and Samantha, if you find anything, | 萨曼莎 如果你找到任何线索 |
[09:39] | I mean, no matter how small, please, let me know. | 不管多细微 都要告诉我 |
[09:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们先生们 |
[09:50] | you’re going to hear a lot of numbers in this trial, | 在这次庭审上你会听到许多数字 |
[09:53] | but the only number that matters is seven. | 但唯一重要的数字就是7 |
[09:56] | That’s how many safeguards there are | 那是用于防止 |
[09:57] | to keep a cargo hold from depressurizing. | 一件货物因减压而遭到损坏的保护层数 |
[10:01] | It simply can’t happen. | 在这种情况下 损坏不可能发生 |
[10:03] | Unless someone wants it to happen. | 除非有人有意为之 |
[10:06] | 20 years ago, I parked my car outside a 7-Eleven. | 二十年前 我把车停在7-11便利店外 |
[10:10] | When I came out, it was totaled, | 当我出来时 它已经报废了 |
[10:12] | and it took me two years to collect $1,800 | 我花了整整两年才凑齐一千八百美元 |
[10:15] | I couldn’t afford to lose. | 那是我丢不起的钱 |
[10:16] | Gavin Andrews stood to gain millions of dollars | 通过损坏那幅他负责运输的画作 |
[10:19] | from destroying the very painting he was charged | 盖文·安德鲁斯必然会从中获利 |
[10:21] | with transporting. | 上百万美元 |
[10:22] | Now, imagine it wasn’t a Corolla. | 假如那不是一辆丰田卡罗拉 |
[10:24] | It was a $100 million painting. | 而是一幅价值高达一亿美元的画作 |
[10:26] | Think how hard they’ll fight not to pay. | 试想一下他们该多不情愿付赔款 |
[10:28] | Because it’s what insurance companies do. | 因为这就是保险公司的德行 |
[10:29] | They blame someone else. They call it an act of God. | 他们推卸责任 称其为不可抗力 |
[10:33] | Or they just say, “Screw you. Come and get it.” | 或者直接说 “去你的 有种来啊” |
[10:36] | The truth is, this is a crime, | 真相凿凿 这是犯罪 |
[10:38] | and he should go to prison for it. | 他应该为此坐牢 |
[10:40] | Unfortunately we can’t put him away for this, | 很不幸我们没法让他入狱 |
[10:42] | but what we can do is make him pay for it. | 但我们至少可以让他付出金钱的代价 |
[10:45] | Because they’ll do whatever it takes to keep their money. | 因为他们千方百计地想护住钱袋子 |
[10:48] | And we’re not gonna let them get away with it. | 我们不能就这样让他们逍遥法外 |
[10:53] | Miss Wheeler, your first witness. | 惠勒女士 请传唤你的第一位证人 |
[10:55] | Your Honor, I call Gavin Andrews to the stand. | 法官大人 我传盖文·安德鲁斯出庭作证 |
[10:58] | I guess you aren’t big on foreplay. | 我猜你不是很擅长前戏 |
[11:00] | Oh, I like foreplay just fine, Alex. | 我喜欢恰到好处的前戏 亚历克斯 |
[11:02] | But you’re right about one thing. | 但你说对了一件事 |
[11:03] | You’re about to get fucked. | 你等着被我干死吧 |
[11:07] | Mr. Andrews, when a plane depressurizes, | 安德鲁先生 当飞机减压时 |
[11:09] | the NTSB is supposed to investigate. | 国家运输管理局应当启动调查 |
[11:11] | But before they could, you cleared out the cargo hold. | 但在他们开始之前 你就卸了全部的货 |
[11:14] | Why would you do that? | 为什么要这么做 |
[11:15] | Because you don’t leave million-dollar works of art | 因为留一件价值过亿的艺术品在太阳下暴晒 |
[11:17] | to bake in the sun. | 是不合情理的 |
[11:19] | And thanks to my call, we were able to save most of them. | 多亏了我的决定 我们有幸救回了大部分 |
[11:21] | Most of them. | 大部分 |
[11:22] | But not the Vermeer. | 但维米尔的画却没有 |
[11:24] | And if there’s one less Vermeer in the world, | 如果世界上维米尔的作品少了一件 |
[11:26] | then yours is more valuable. | 你的就更值钱了 |
[11:27] | Sorry to disappoint you, | 很抱歉让你失望了 |
[11:29] | but I didn’t want that painting destroyed. | 但我并不想损坏那幅画 |
[11:30] | I wanted to buy it. | 我想把它买下来 |
[11:31] | Then let’s talk about your other art. | 那我们聊聊你其他的艺术收藏吧 |
[11:33] | Five years ago, you bought a Renoir for $8 million | 五年前 你花八百万买了一幅雷诺阿的作品 |
[11:36] | and recently sold it. Is that correct? | 但最近出手了 是这样吗 |
[11:40] | – It is. – How much did you sell it for? | -是的 -你卖了多少钱 |
[11:44] | Considerably more. | 比原价要高得多 |
[11:45] | Isn’t it true you sold it for $55 million | 你是不是以五千五百万美元的价格 |
[11:49] | to an airline manufacturer | 卖给了一个飞机制造商 |
[11:51] | who then happened to win your business? | 而他刚好又签下了你们公司的飞机制造 |
[11:52] | Your Honor, | 法官大人 |
[11:53] | that’s a violation of the terms of our waiver. | 这违反了我们弃权书的条款 |
[11:55] | She’s using privileged information. | 她使用了保密信息 |
[11:56] | It would be privileged, except Mr. Andrews’ wife | 这本该是保密的 但安德鲁先生的妻子 |
[11:58] | detailed all of this in their divorce filing. | 在他们的离婚协议书中揭露了所有的细节 |
[12:01] | – What? – He hid assets | -什么 -他在 |
[12:03] | from their prenuptial agreement. | 他们的婚前协议书中隐藏了财产 |
[12:04] | He took bribes and hid them as art transactions– | 他接受了贿赂并以艺术交易的形式藏匿起来 |
[12:07] | Hearsay, Your Honor. | 不实传闻 法官大人 |
[12:08] | Allegations from a bitter ex-wife. | 是怀恨在心的前妻的一面之词 |
[12:10] | A woman who knows this man better than anyone. | 这个女人比任何人都了解他 |
[12:12] | Overruled, Mr. Williams. | 反对无效 威廉姆斯先生 |
[12:13] | Divorce filings are publicly available. | 离婚协议书的内容是公开的 |
[12:15] | Mr. Andrews, you take kickbacks from your suppliers. | 安德鲁斯先生 你拿供应商的回扣 |
[12:18] | You cheated your own wife. | 背着自己的妻子出轨 |
[12:20] | Do you really expect a jury to believe what happened | 难道你真的认为法官会相信 |
[12:22] | to the Vermeer was an accident? | 维米尔画作的事是个意外吗 |
[12:24] | It was an accident. | 就是意外 |
[12:25] | Well, actions speak louder than words. | 事实胜于雄辩 |
[12:27] | And your actions aren’t just speaking. | 事实不仅证明了你做过什么 |
[12:28] | They are screaming that you’re guilty | 简直就是让你的罪行昭彰 |
[12:30] | and all of these people can hear it. | 我们所有人都能见证 |
[12:46] | God damn it, we had an agreement, | 该死 我们之前商量好的 |
[12:48] | and you broke it. | 你违反了诺言 |
[12:49] | I didn’t break anything. | 我没有 |
[12:50] | Don’t give me that shit. | 别跟我玩这套 |
[12:51] | There’s no public record of that divorce filing, | 离婚协议书的内容没有公开 |
[12:53] | and there’s no way his wife knew about that $55 million. | 他老婆不可能知道五千五百万那件事 |
[12:55] | Then go check the filing yourself. | 不信你自己去查查 |
[12:57] | I think you’ll find that it’s been recently amended | 你应该会发现协议书近期被修改过 |
[12:59] | and placed in the public record, | 内容已经公开 |
[13:00] | which means I didn’t violate anything. | 所以我没有违反任何条约 |
[13:02] | All right, Samantha. You want public record. | 好 萨曼莎 你想要公开记录 |
[13:05] | I’ll give you public record. | 那我就让你看看公开记录 |
[13:09] | Ms. Horford, instead of looking at the whole chain of custody, | 霍福德女士 你没有研究整条产销监管链 |
[13:12] | you only focused on Starboard Airlines. | 而是仅仅关注右舷航空 |
[13:14] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[13:15] | We looked at the whole chain of custody, Mr. Williams. | 威廉姆斯先生 我们调查了整条产销监管链 |
[13:17] | For how long? Ten minutes? | 调查了多久 十分钟吗 |
[13:19] | An hour? | 一小时吗 |
[13:20] | Or just long enough to figure that of | 还是调查到 |
[13:21] | all the people you could sue, | 所有你可以起诉的人中 |
[13:23] | Gavin Andrews had the deepest pockets? | 盖文·安德鲁斯是最有钱的就停止调查了 |
[13:25] | That’s insulting. We don’t do business that way. | 这是污蔑 那不是我们的行事风格 |
[13:27] | I think you do, | 我觉得你会这么做 |
[13:28] | which is why you lost starboard Airlines as a client | 这也是当盖文·安德鲁斯另寻出路时 |
[13:30] | when Gavin Andrews took his business elsewhere. | 你失去了右舷航空这个客户的原因 |
[13:32] | That has nothing to do with this. | 这根本无关 |
[13:34] | It has to do with you missing out on your bonus that year. | 这与你那一年没得到分红有关 |
[13:36] | If you’re implying that I would use my company | 如果你在暗示我可能会 |
[13:38] | for personal reasons– | 以个人原因利用公司 |
[13:39] | Isn’t that what you’re accusing my client of doing? | 这不就是你对我客户的指控吗 |
[13:42] | And when an analyst at Goldman asked you why you lost | 当高盛分析师问你为什么丢了 |
[13:44] | Starboard Airlines, you said, | 右舷航空这个客户时 你说 |
[13:46] | “The way Gavin Andrews does business will | “盖文·安德鲁的办事风格会 |
[13:48] | come back to haunt him,” | 让他自食其果” |
[13:49] | Meaning you would come back to haunt him. | 其实是说你以后会报复他 |
[13:50] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[13:51] | It sure sounds like what it meant. | 这话听起来就是这个意思 |
[13:53] | What I meant was that our biggest rival | 我是说我们最大的对手 |
[13:55] | gave him a kickback to drop– | 给他回扣 让他放弃 |
[13:57] | You have proof of that? No, you don’t, | 你有证据吗 不 你没有 |
[13:59] | just like you don’t have proof | 同样 你也没有 |
[14:00] | that my client damaged that painting. | 我客户损毁了那幅画的证据 |
[14:01] | All you have is a bunch of smear tactics and a grudge. | 你就是报复性地往别人身上泼脏水 |
[14:04] | Objection, testifying– | 反对 作证 |
[14:05] | Then I’ll wrap it up. | 我马上说完了 |
[14:06] | Because you were right: actions do speak louder than words. | 因为你说得对 事实胜于雄辩 |
[14:09] | And all this is is a good old fashioned case of payback. | 这就是一场经典的报复案件 |
[14:22] | I came home as soon as I got the voicemail. | 我一收到留言就赶回来了 |
[14:24] | I got the job. | 那工作是我的了 |
[14:26] | Sheila, that is fantastic. I am so proud of you. | 希拉 太棒了 我为你感到骄傲 |
[14:28] | And not only that, they said if I do well, | 还有 他们说如果我表现好 |
[14:31] | I can have it permanently. | 就能让我永久任职 |
[14:34] | – Permanently? – Yes. | -永久任职 -对 |
[14:36] | They were discussing it, | 他们在讨论这件事 |
[14:37] | and the head of the search committee said… | 研究委员会的负责人说… |
[14:41] | Louis, what’s wrong? | 路易 怎么了 |
[14:42] | Nothing, it’s just we agreed after the baby, | 没事 我们不是说好生孩子以后 |
[14:44] | I’d do the heavy lifting in the fall, | 我先来照顾孩子 |
[14:46] | and you would take over after recruiting season ended. | 等你招生季结束之后就来接手吗 |
[14:49] | The dean of a law school, Sheila, | 希拉 当法学院的院长 |
[14:50] | that’s a year-round job. | 一年到头都会很忙 |
[14:52] | There’s no way you’ll be able to do both. | 你不可能两头兼顾的 |
[14:53] | Well, we can–we can make an adjustment. | 我们可以 我们可以进行调整 |
[14:55] | – What kind of adjustment? – Well, I don’t know. | -什么样的调整 -我不知道 |
[14:58] | Don’t most couples with full-time jobs get a nanny? | 大部分全职的夫妻不都是请个保姆吗 |
[15:01] | I don’t want a stranger raising my child. | 我不想要个陌生人来带孩子 |
[15:03] | So you want me to turn down an opportunity | 所以你想我放弃这个 |
[15:04] | that may never come again? | 绝无仅有的机会吗 |
[15:06] | Not the interim part, but the permanent part, yes. | 如果不是临时的而是永久的 我劝你放弃 |
[15:08] | Louis, if I did that and we have a daughter, | 路易 如果我放弃了 而我们生的是女儿 |
[15:10] | how would I ever look her in the eye? | 我该怎样直视她的眼睛 |
[15:12] | You look at her in the eye | 你可以直视她的眼睛 |
[15:13] | and you tell her, “I chose you.” | 告诉她”我选择了你” |
[15:16] | If you don’t, you’ll never be able to | 如果你不放弃 你永远都没有机会 |
[15:18] | look her in the eye at all because you’ll be working. | 直视她的眼睛 因为你一直在工作 |
[15:21] | Okay, that’s not fair, Louis. | 这不公平 路易 |
[15:24] | And if we worked out the Jewish thing, | 如果我们解决了信不信犹太教的问题 |
[15:25] | we can work this out. | 我们也能解决这件事 |
[15:26] | Well, we haven’t figured that out yet. | 我们还没解决宗教的问题 |
[15:28] | And that was something we hadn’t discussed. | 那件事还没讨论过 |
[15:30] | This is something we agreed on. | 但这是我们已经说好了的 |
[15:32] | Like when we agreed you’d give up mudding, | 就像我们之前说好了你会放弃泥浴 |
[15:33] | and then you didn’t. | 但你却没有 |
[15:34] | Don’t throw that back on me. I lived up to it in the end. | 别翻我的旧账 我最终还是做到了 |
[15:36] | Okay, well this is a little bit bigger than mudding, Louis. | 好吧 路易 这件事比泥浴严重得多 |
[15:38] | This is my life. | 这是我的生活 |
[15:40] | And I want this job and I want a baby | 我想要这份工作 我也想要孩子 |
[15:43] | and I don’t see why I can’t have both. | 我不懂为什么不能两者兼顾 |
[15:45] | Well, I don’t know what to say to all that. | 我不知道说什么好了 |
[15:48] | How about, “I support your choices?” | 那就说”我支持你的选择”怎么样 |
[15:51] | Because I’m gonna have surgery in three days | 我三天以后就要做手术 |
[15:53] | to help us have this baby. | 来帮我们得到这个孩子了 |
[15:56] | And I’d feel a lot better about it | 如果我知道你支持我 |
[15:57] | knowing we were both on the same team. | 我会好受很多 |
[16:16] | Robert. | 罗伯特 |
[16:18] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[16:19] | What are you doing down here? | 你来这干什么 |
[16:21] | There was an error with a client’s billing. | 一位客户的账单有点问题 |
[16:23] | I’m trying to fix it before it gets noticed. | 我想在被其他人发现之前改好 |
[16:25] | Which client? Maybe I can help. | 哪位客户 也许我能帮上忙 |
[16:27] | I appreciate that. I just took care of it. | 非常感谢 但已经弄好了 |
[16:30] | – Have a nice night. – Samantha. | -晚安 -萨曼莎 |
[16:32] | There’s only two reasons someone who’s not an accountant | 周五晚上在此逗留的人 若不是会计 |
[16:34] | would be here on a Friday night. | 便只有两个原因 |
[16:36] | Either they can’t get a date, or… | 要么是因为没有约会 |
[16:39] | they want to be here when no one’s around. | 要么是想在没人的时候偷偷过来 |
[16:41] | What are you saying? | 你什么意思 |
[16:42] | You’re not here to fix something. | 你不是过来改正错误的 |
[16:43] | You’re here to find something. | 你是过来调查的 |
[16:45] | – That’s not what I’m do– – It’s okay. | -我不是 -没事的 |
[16:49] | I’m here for the same thing. | 因为我也是过来调查的 |
[16:53] | There’s something shady going on here with the money. | 公司的钱有些不干净 |
[16:56] | I just can’t prove it. | 我只是没法证明 |
[17:00] | Let’s say I trust you. What have you found so far? | 就当我信你 你目前为止查到什么了 |
[17:03] | – There’s two issues. – Bonus payments and retainer fees. | -说到底就是两个事 -奖金和预付费 |
[17:06] | Exactly. So I tell you what. | 正是 那这样吧 |
[17:08] | You take the retainers. I’ll take the bonuses. | 你来查预付费 我来查奖金 |
[17:10] | A week from now, we meet up and see what’s what. | 一周后 在这里碰面再详聊 |
[17:13] | Sounds like a plan. | 这计划不错 |
[17:18] | Robert, why are you doing this? | 罗伯特 你为什么这么做 |
[17:21] | Because I don’t mind defending criminals, | 因为我虽不介意为罪犯辩护 |
[17:23] | but I don’t put myself through law school to work for them. | 但我读法学院可不是为了给罪犯打工 |
[17:40] | All right, you wanted help. | 好吧 你想要帮助 |
[17:42] | Well, here it is. | 我愿意帮你 |
[17:43] | What I wanted was help yesterday. | 昨天我是需要帮助 |
[17:46] | You said no, and now it’s too late. | 你拒绝了我 现在太晚了 |
[17:49] | The trial’s already started. | 庭审已经开始了 |
[17:50] | Well, I was wrong. | 是我做错了 |
[17:52] | So you can hold a grudge, | 你可以记恨我 |
[17:53] | or you can think of something else. | 也可以让我帮点别的忙 |
[17:59] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:01] | There is one thing. | 确实有件事 |
[18:04] | After Alex tore Nina to pieces on the stand, | 亚历克斯在证人席猛烈攻击妮娜之后 |
[18:06] | I told her we needed to shore up the investigation | 我告诉她我们要对包装公司 |
[18:09] | into the packing company. | 进行调查 |
[18:11] | – She got a look on her face. – What kind of look? | -她听后脸上露出了某种表情 -什么表情 |
[18:14] | The kind of look that said | 那种暗含了 |
[18:14] | I’m not gonna be able to shore up anything. | “没法调查”的表情 |
[18:16] | So I said, “Forget I asked.” | 所以我说”算了吧” |
[18:18] | Let me guess. She already sent the files over. | 我猜猜 她已经把文件送来了 |
[18:21] | I’m pretty sure they got here after I got back. | 我确定在我回来之后就送到了 |
[18:23] | But I don’t know since I didn’t look. | 但我没去看 所以我不知道 |
[18:26] | Which means you need me to make that box disappear. | 所以你想让我把那盒资料拿走 |
[18:29] | – Yes, I do. – Samantha… | -对 -萨曼莎… |
[18:33] | let me ask you one question: | 我就问你一个问题 |
[18:34] | are you sure Gavin Andrews is guilty? | 你确定盖文·安德鲁斯有罪吗 |
[18:38] | Robert, I represented the man for years. | 罗伯特 我给他当了这么多年律师 |
[18:41] | He is always guilty. | 他绝对有罪 |
[18:43] | Then consider it gone. | 那我一定办到 |
[19:01] | – 10:00, right on schedule. – I’m nothing if not prompt. | -十点 很准时 -我一贯准时 |
[19:04] | – So, what’d you come up with? – Not a thing. | -你查到什么了吗 -没有 |
[19:07] | – The retainers all checked out. – Shit. | -预付费都没问题 -该死 |
[19:10] | Why shit? | 怎么了 |
[19:12] | Well, I dug into the bonuses and struck out, too. | 我查了奖金 也没问题 |
[19:16] | Maybe there’s nothing to find. | 也许真的没问题吧 |
[19:17] | I didn’t say I didn’t find anything, Robert. | 我可没说我一无所获 罗伯特 |
[19:20] | I said the retainers all checked out. | 我说的是诉讼费没问题 |
[19:22] | After I went down my path, I went down yours, | 我查完诉讼费之后 又去查了你负责的奖金 |
[19:24] | and wouldn’t you know? | 谁知道呢 |
[19:26] | It led right back to you. | 居然查到了你身上 |
[19:29] | So tell me, Robert. | 告诉我 罗伯特 |
[19:30] | Why am I holding a $100,000 off-the-books wire transfer | 为什么你的名字会在这张十万美元的 |
[19:35] | with your name on it? | 账外电汇单上 |
[19:40] | Six months ago I found out all three named partners | 半年前 我发现全部三名冠名合伙人 |
[19:44] | were laundering money. | 都参与了洗钱 |
[19:46] | They offered to cut me in. I said no. | 他们提议给我分成 我拒绝了 |
[19:48] | He put that money in there to make me look complicit. | 他把那笔钱放入记录 造成我是同谋的假象 |
[19:51] | – Bullshit. – It’s not bullshit. | -胡说 -不是胡说 |
[19:52] | They wouldn’t take the money back no matter what I said. | 不管我怎么说 他们都不愿收回那笔钱 |
[19:55] | So I did the next best thing and gave it to charity. | 所以我能做的 就是把钱捐给了慈善机构 |
[19:57] | If you don’t believe me, I’ll show you the check. | 如果你不信我 我可以给你看支票 |
[19:59] | So you can cut a check but you can’t blow the whistle? | 你能开支票 但你不能告发他们是吧 |
[20:02] | How noble. | 真是高尚 |
[20:03] | It’s more complicated than that. | 事情远没有那么简单 |
[20:04] | Seems pretty simple to me. | 我觉得挺简单的 |
[20:05] | You witness a crime, you tell the authorities. | 你发现有人犯罪 就向当局告发他们 |
[20:08] | Which is what I’m gonna do right now. | 我现在就打算这么做 |
[20:10] | Why don’t you try telling me that after you have a daughter? | 等你有了女儿之后 再来跟我说这句话吧 |
[20:24] | Her name is Rachel. | 她叫瑞秋 |
[20:29] | She wants to be a lawyer. | 她想当一名律师 |
[20:31] | But how is that gonna go when she applies to the bar | 若她以后申请从业执照 律师协会的人说 |
[20:34] | and they say, “Isn’t your father a criminal?” | “你爸不是罪犯吗” 她又会怎样 |
[20:36] | You show them the check | 你给当局看支票 |
[20:38] | and make them believe you’re not a criminal. | 让他们相信你不是罪犯 |
[20:39] | If this comes out, my name is tainted forever. | 若此事曝光 我的声誉尽毁 |
[20:44] | They’ll never believe me. | 他们绝不会相信我 |
[20:46] | And if it was just me, I’d take that chance. | 若我是孤家寡人 我会选择一试 |
[20:48] | I’m sorry, Robert. It’s… It’s not my call. | 抱歉 罗伯特 这些…我管不了 |
[20:51] | Please. Now, you came in here | 求你了 你今晚能过来 |
[20:54] | because you wanted to hear my side of the story. | 是因为你想听听我的解释 |
[20:56] | My story… | 我的解释… |
[20:58] | is I’m a father with a daughter. | 就是我是位父亲 我有个女儿 |
[21:05] | And I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[21:16] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[21:17] | I was wondering when this visit was coming. | 我还在想你何时来访 |
[21:18] | – What visit is that? – The one where you threaten me. | -来访做什么 -来威胁我 |
[21:21] | I’m not here to threaten you. | 我不是来威胁你的 |
[21:21] | I’m here to offer you a way out before publicly humiliating you | 在公开羞辱你之前 我打算给你个机会脱身 |
[21:24] | because you’re still a client of my firm. | 因为你还是我律所的客户 |
[21:26] | Get off my property. | 滚出我的地盘 |
[21:27] | And I do that, the jury’s gonna hear from Phillip Jones. | 我滚了 陪审团将听到菲利普·琼斯的证词 |
[21:31] | You thought you could hide him from me. | 你觉得你能把他藏起来不让我找到 |
[21:33] | I don’t know anyone by that name. | 我不认识任何叫这个名字的人 |
[21:34] | Funny, because he has security footage | 有意思 因为他手上有监控录像 |
[21:36] | showing you meeting with him two weeks before | 显示在你毁掉那幅画的前两周 |
[21:38] | you destroyed that painting. | 你们见过面 |
[21:39] | – He’ll never testify. – He already has. | -他绝对不会去作证的 -他已经去了 |
[21:42] | I have him under oath saying you specifically asked him | 他发誓说你特地问过他 |
[21:44] | how much your Vermeer would go up | 如果另外一幅维米尔被毁掉了 |
[21:46] | if another one got destroyed. | 你的那幅能升值多少 |
[21:48] | I’ve got you, Gavin, and I am not letting go. | 我抓住你把柄了 盖文 我不会放过你的 |
[21:51] | This is illegal and inadmissible. | 这是违法且不被承认的 |
[21:52] | – You hacked my shit. – What I did was do to you | -你阴了我 -我不过是对你做了 |
[21:56] | what I used to do for you. | 我以前为你做的事 |
[21:58] | And you can threaten me or throw me off your property | 你可以威胁我 或者把我赶出去 |
[22:00] | but once we’re in that courtroom, | 但一旦我们到了庭上 |
[22:01] | I am not going anywhere. | 我是不会退让的 |
[22:07] | Give me a day. | 给我一天的时间 |
[22:09] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[22:11] | I’ll pay what we owe. I just–I need a day | 我会付清我欠下的债 我只是需要一天 |
[22:13] | to get the board’s approval. | 来取得董事会的同意 |
[22:14] | No, I don’t trust you. | 不 我不信任你 |
[22:15] | You don’t need to trust me. You got me. | 你不需要信任我 你抓住我的把柄了 |
[22:17] | Like you just said. | 就像你刚刚说的 |
[22:20] | I’m still a client of the firm. | 我依旧是你律所的客户 |
[22:21] | That’s gotta count for something. | 这还有点用吧 |
[22:22] | – It doesn’t. – Samantha, please. | -没有 -萨曼莎 求你了 |
[22:25] | I know you once told me about your family. | 你之前和我讲过你的家人 |
[22:26] | Well, I have a family and… | 我也有家庭… |
[22:30] | If this comes out, | 如果这事曝光了 |
[22:31] | think about what it’s gonna do to my kids. | 想想会对我的孩子有什么影响 |
[22:36] | One day. I’ll give you one day. | 一天 我只给你一天 |
[22:40] | And then I’m putting you on the stand. | 然后我就会让你站上被告席 |
[22:49] | Louis, what’s going on? | 路易 出什么事了 |
[22:51] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[22:52] | I just found a bouquet of pink carnations on my desk. | 我刚刚在我桌上发现了一束粉色康乃馨 |
[22:54] | And since we both know that’s the widely accepted bouquet of apology | 既然我俩都清楚那是最常用的道歉花束 |
[22:57] | I thought I’d ask what you’re apologizing for. | 我就想来问问你在为什么道歉 |
[23:00] | I wasn’t apologizing to you. I was apologizing to Sheila. | 我不是在向你道歉 我是在向希拉道歉 |
[23:03] | It turns out, she didn’t want an apology. | 但后来我发现 她想要的不是道歉 |
[23:04] | She wanted a change of heart. | 而是我改变心意 |
[23:06] | And you just made senior partner, | 正好你刚刚成为了资深合伙人 |
[23:07] | so I thought rather than throw them away… | 所以我想着与其把花扔了… |
[23:09] | Thank you, Louis. | 谢谢你 路易 |
[23:10] | But I thought you and Sheila were doing great. | 但我还以为你和希拉一切都很顺利呢 |
[23:13] | Yeah, we were until she got offered to be | 是啊 之前是的 直到她被邀请上任 |
[23:14] | the dean of Columbia Law School. | 哥大法学院的院长 |
[23:16] | And you’re afraid if she takes it, | 你害怕如果她接受了 |
[23:18] | she won’t have time for the baby. | 就会没时间照顾宝宝了 |
[23:19] | Exactly, and with this added responsibility, Katrina, i… | 没错 加上这副重担 卡特里娜 我 |
[23:25] | I don’t know how it’s gonna work. | 我不知道这要怎样才能行 |
[23:29] | I know it’s not my place. | 我知道这事不该我插手 |
[23:31] | But did you consider that if Sheila has less time, | 但你有没有想过 如果希拉的时间变少了 |
[23:35] | you might be able to make more time? | 你也许可以多挤点时间出来 |
[23:37] | Katrina, I can’t just leave the firm. | 卡特里娜 我不能就这样抛下律所 |
[23:40] | I know that, Louis, but three nights ago, | 我明白 路易 但是三晚前 |
[23:42] | you came into my office and said you saw a look on my face | 你走进我办公室 告诉我你在我脸上看到了 |
[23:45] | that you had seen on yours before. | 之前在你自己脸上出现过的表情 |
[23:46] | Yes, the look of wishing for someone to share your life with. | 没错 就是那种希望生活中有人相伴的表情 |
[23:50] | You don’t have that look anymore. | 如今你脸上没有这种表情了 |
[23:52] | What you do have is two name partners | 但你有两个冠名合伙人 |
[23:55] | and a new senior partner who have your back. | 和一个新晋资深合伙人在背后支持你 |
[23:58] | Which means that when the time comes, | 这意味着等到了那个时候 |
[24:00] | you’ll be able to step back a little | 你可以退后一点点 |
[24:02] | and trust that the firm is in good hands. | 并且相信律所会被照料得好好的 |
[24:08] | Speaking of keeping the firm in good hands, | 说到把律所照料好这事 |
[24:10] | Katrina, I need to tell you something. | 卡特里娜 我得告诉你一件事 |
[24:17] | Gavin, what are you doing here? | 盖文 你来干什么 |
[24:18] | We’re due in court in an hour. | 一小时后我们就要上庭了 |
[24:19] | No we’re not, because Samantha asked for a recess and she got it. | 不用了 因为萨曼莎申请了休庭并且成功了 |
[24:22] | What does she have now? | 她又掌握了什么 |
[24:23] | Doesn’t matter what she has. | 她掌握了什么不重要 |
[24:24] | It matters what I have. | 重要的是我掌握了什么 |
[24:26] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[24:26] | A list of ethical violations Samantha Wheeler engaged in | 在担任我律师的六年间 萨曼莎·惠勒涉嫌 |
[24:29] | over the course of six years as my attorney. | 违反道德的操作 |
[24:31] | No, I’m not ruining Samantha’s career. | 不 我不会去毁掉萨曼莎的事业 |
[24:32] | Look, you don’t have to ruin anything. | 听着 你不用毁掉什么 |
[24:34] | You threaten to take this to the bar and she’ll cave. | 你威胁把这事上报律师协会 她就会屈服的 |
[24:36] | I’m not gonna take that chance. | 我不会来冒这个风险 |
[24:37] | And we don’t need to. We’re winning. | 而且我们不需要 因为我们要赢了 |
[24:39] | No, Alex, we’re not. | 不 亚历克斯 我们赢不了 |
[24:42] | What are you talking about? | 什么意思 |
[24:43] | Samantha came to my house this morning. | 萨曼莎今早来我家找我了 |
[24:45] | She has proof that I asked an appraiser | 她有证据证明我问过一位鉴定师 |
[24:47] | what would happen to the value of my Vermeer | 如果那幅画被毁了 |
[24:49] | if that painting got destroyed. | 我的那幅维米尔会升值多少 |
[24:50] | – Now, if he gets on the stand– – Let me get this straight. | -如果他出庭作证 -让我理理清楚 |
[24:52] | There’s a goddamn smoking gun, and you kept it from me? | 你他妈有实实在在的把柄 而你却不告诉我 |
[24:55] | ‘Cause you’re a Boy Scout, and you would’ve given it to her. | 因为你太正直了 你会告诉她的 |
[24:57] | All right, look. It’s bad, but it’s not proof. | 好吧 听着 是很糟糕 但这不算证据 |
[24:59] | We can cross examine this guy and– | 我们可以盘问这个人 然后 |
[25:00] | Let me make myself clear! | 让我把话说明白 |
[25:01] | This is not a suggestion. It is an order. | 这不是建议 是命令 |
[25:03] | If you don’t use this, I will. | 如果你不用它 我会用的 |
[25:04] | And if I do it, Alex, | 如果是我出手 亚历克斯 |
[25:06] | we’re gonna skip the part where she gets the chance to walk away | 我们就会跳过给她脱身机会那部分 |
[25:08] | because I’ll be going straight to the bar. | 因为我会直接去找律师协会 |
[25:22] | I don’t like that look on your face. | 我不喜欢你脸上的表情 |
[25:24] | – What look? – The look that says | -什么表情 -就是那种 |
[25:26] | you’re about to tell me some serious shit. | 你马上要告诉我一个很糟消息的表情 |
[25:27] | Samantha’s got Gavin by the balls. | 萨曼莎抓住了盖文的软肋 |
[25:30] | But I think I got a way out. | 但我觉得我有办法解决 |
[25:32] | – How? – I did some digging. | -怎么解决 -我挖掘了一下 |
[25:34] | Dexhart has 80% of the reinsurance | 德克哈特将80%的保险分保出去 |
[25:36] | for the packing company that should have protected that painting. | 给了那家应该保护那幅画的包装公司 |
[25:38] | Which means they’d have incentive to clear them of any fault. | 这意味着他们会有证明自己没有过失的动机 |
[25:41] | Which I believe they did with a false report. | 我相信他们会伪造报告 |
[25:43] | And you think Samantha’s hiding the real report? | 而你认为萨曼莎把那份真报告藏起来了 |
[25:45] | I think she’s too smart to look at the real report | 我觉得她聪明到根本不会 |
[25:47] | in the first place. | 去看那份真报告 |
[25:48] | And I know if we ask for it with a subpoena, | 而且我知道如果我们用传票索取这份报告 |
[25:50] | it’ll never see the light of day. | 它就永远不会有面世的机会了 |
[25:52] | What exactly are you here to ask me, Alex? | 那你究竟想让我帮你什么 亚历克斯 |
[25:54] | I want you to get Katrina Bennett to go over there | 我想让你派卡特里娜·班尼特去那里 |
[25:56] | and ask for the unredacted version of that report. | 拿一份未修改的报告 |
[25:58] | – No way. – Harvey. | -不可能 -哈维 |
[25:59] | You’re asking to have one of our lawyers commit a crime. | 你想让我们自己的律师犯罪吗 |
[26:01] | It’s not a crime. | 不是犯罪 |
[26:02] | She’s a senior partner at this firm. | 她是律所的资深合伙人 |
[26:03] | All she has to do is say that, ask for the files, | 她只需要过去 拿上文件 |
[26:06] | – and get the hell out. – And if it’s so innocent, | -就能直接走人了 -如果真这么简单 |
[26:07] | why don’t you go over there and do it yourself? | 你为什么不自己去 |
[26:09] | Because I’m not blonde | 因为我不是金发美女 |
[26:10] | and no one’s gonna mistake me for Samantha Wheeler. | 也没人会把我当成萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[26:11] | Damn it, Alex, you said you could beat her. | 该死的 亚历克斯 你说过你能赢 |
[26:13] | I can beat her. This is what it’s gonna take. | 我是可以 但这就是代价 |
[26:15] | And I wouldn’t be in this position | 要不是你食言了 |
[26:16] | if you didn’t break your promise to me. | 我也不会落到这个两难处境中 |
[26:18] | And that’s bullshit because you said | 真是鬼扯 你之前说 |
[26:19] | you were good with fighting to get your name up. | 你同意用实力去争取冠名合伙人的职位 |
[26:21] | What the hell was I supposed to say? | 那我该怎么说 |
[26:27] | Alex, helping to speed up the trial is one thing. | 亚历克斯 加速庭审进度是一回事 |
[26:30] | Putting Katrina at risk? | 但让卡特里娜冒险 |
[26:34] | – I’m not doing it. – Then you should know, | -我不干 -那你该知道 |
[26:36] | I don’t do this, | 如果不这样 |
[26:37] | Gavin Andrews goes to the bar tomorrow | 盖文·安德鲁斯明天就会去律师协会 |
[26:39] | with a list of shady things Samantha’s done over the years. | 带着萨曼莎这些年干的违法事的证据 |
[26:41] | So you can help me with this or not. | 帮不帮我随你 |
[26:43] | Either way, her name’s not going on that wall. | 无论如何 她都没法成为冠名合伙人 |
[26:55] | Katrina, if you’re here to go out for drinks tonight, | 卡特里娜 如果你是来找我晚上出去喝酒的 |
[26:57] | I can only say that the answer is a big, fat, “Yes, please.” | 那我只能回答你 太好了 走吧 |
[27:01] | As much as I would love to say that’s why I’m here, | 我也希望这是我来找你的原因 |
[27:03] | what I need is a big, fat piece of advice. | 但我是来征求建议的 |
[27:06] | – What is it? – Harvey… | -怎么了 -哈维… |
[27:09] | basically asked me to impersonate Samantha Wheeler. | 他想让我假扮萨曼莎·惠勒 |
[27:12] | What? | 什么 |
[27:14] | It’s the only way to get what they need to help Alex win. | 只有这样才能拿到文件 帮亚历克斯取胜 |
[27:17] | – What’d you tell him? – I told him I didn’t know. | -你怎么回答的 -我说我不知道 |
[27:20] | Well, if Harvey wants you to do this, why not do it? | 如果哈维想让你帮他 为什么不呢 |
[27:24] | Other than not wanting to get on Samantha’s bad side, | 除了不想跟萨曼莎作对之外 |
[27:28] | Louis specifically told me not to help either one of them. | 路易特意嘱咐过我 不要掺合他们的事 |
[27:31] | Did he say why? | 他有说为什么吗 |
[27:32] | He said that if too many people got involved, | 他说如果这事牵扯太多人的话 |
[27:34] | their fight could tear the firm apart. | 他俩的战争会使律所四分五裂 |
[27:38] | Then I say…too many people are already involved. | 那我只能说 这事已经牵扯太多人了 |
[27:43] | You might as well go ahead. Help Harvey. | 你不如就帮哈维一把 |
[27:46] | Thanks, Donna. | 谢谢 唐娜 |
[28:00] | – What’s this? – A settlement agreement. | -这是什么 -和解协议 |
[28:03] | You’re dropping that lawsuit, paying Gavin’s legal fees, | 你要撤诉 付清盖文的诉讼费 |
[28:06] | and issuing a public apology. | 并公开道歉 |
[28:07] | The hell we are. | 做梦去吧 |
[28:08] | Samantha, you can kick and scream all you want, | 萨曼莎 你想怎么大吵大闹都行 |
[28:10] | but I got proof the packing company skimped on materials | 但我手里有包装公司偷工减料的证据 |
[28:12] | and your client knew about it. | 并且你的客户早就一清二楚 |
[28:17] | How the fuck did you get these? | 你是怎么拿到这些材料的 |
[28:19] | The same way I got everything else. | 跟平常一样 |
[28:21] | You shared it with me in discovery. | 你和我分享彼此的发现 |
[28:22] | I didn’t share shit with you. | 我什么也没和你分享 |
[28:24] | I never even saw these documents. | 我从没见过这些材料 |
[28:25] | You never saw them because you never wanted to see them. | 你没见过是因为你不想见到 |
[28:27] | But Dexhart Insurance has records proving it was sent. | 但德克哈特保险集团有记录表明已将文件寄出 |
[28:29] | You son of a bitch. You cheated. | 你个混蛋 你作弊了 |
[28:32] | No, I just played by your rules. | 不 我只是用了你的游戏规则 |
[28:34] | – So don’t start crying now. – Oh, I’m not crying. | -可别现在开始哭 -我可不会哭 |
[28:36] | And I as sure as hell am not signing this. | 就像我不会签这份协议一样 |
[28:38] | And let me tell you what happens if you don’t. | 那我来告诉你不签的后果吧 |
[28:39] | Gavin Andrews gets you disbarred. | 盖文·安德鲁斯会让你的律师执照被吊销 |
[28:41] | – What? – He’s got information that could end your career | -什么 -他手里有能吊销你执照的信息 |
[28:44] | and he told me to use it, but I didn’t | 并且他让我用这些来威胁你 但我没答应 |
[28:45] | because I didn’t wanna do that to you. | 因为我不想这么对你 |
[28:47] | So, what? I’m supposed to thank you now? | 那又怎样 我还要谢谢你吗 |
[28:50] | I don’t expect you to thank me, | 我不指望你会谢我 |
[28:51] | but I do expect you to accept that it’s over. | 但我确实希望 你能接受这事到此为止了 |
[28:53] | – I’m not accepting anything. – I get it. | -我什么也不会接受 -我明白 |
[28:55] | You’re not used to losing. | 你从来没有输过 |
[28:56] | But whether you wanna admit it or not, | 但不管你承不承认 |
[28:58] | I won, you lost. | 我赢了 你输了 |
[29:00] | And come tomorrow, my name’s going up on that wall. | 到明天 我就会成为冠名合伙人 |
[29:17] | Louis, what are you doing here? | 路易 你来这干什么 |
[29:18] | Not bringing you more flowers, | 不是来给你送更多的花 |
[29:20] | if that’s what you’re wondering. | 如果你在想这事的话 |
[29:22] | Sheila, the reason I was so thrown with you taking on | 希拉 我之所以害怕你担 |
[29:24] | more responsibility was because… | 更多的责任是因为… |
[29:27] | I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to take on less. | 我怕自己不能放手 |
[29:31] | And whether you are offered the permanent position or not, | 无论你是否得到那个终身职位 |
[29:33] | when the time comes, | 等时机成熟之后 |
[29:34] | I wanna take time for our family. | 我想多陪陪家人 |
[29:37] | Well, I’m–I’m glad to hear you say that. | 我很高兴听到你这么说 |
[29:43] | Because the time has come. | 因为时机已经成熟了 |
[29:45] | You mean you were offered the permanent position? | 你是说你拿到那个终身职位了吗 |
[29:47] | No, not that time, Louis. | 不 不是那个 路易 |
[29:51] | The other time. | 另一件事 |
[29:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[29:54] | Are you saying what I think you’re saying? | 你说的和我想的是同一件事吗 |
[29:57] | I saw Chaz this afternoon. | 今天下午我去见查斯了 |
[29:59] | And we’re not gonna need that surgery because… | 我们不需要做那个手术了 因为… |
[30:03] | we’re gonna have a baby. | 我们就要有宝宝了 |
[30:06] | I don’t believe this. Are you sure? | 真不敢相信 你确定吗 |
[30:08] | I mean… are you absolutely sure? | 我是说 你真的确定吗 |
[30:13] | Yes, I’m positive. | 是的 非常确定 |
[30:15] | And I’m sorry we fought. | 很抱歉我们之前有争执 |
[30:17] | I just–I’m stressed, | 我只是压力很大 |
[30:20] | and I’ve got hormones running through me | 而且荷尔蒙搞得我情绪大起大落 |
[30:23] | and I’m not even sure if I want that permanent position. | 现在我都不知道自己是否想要那个终身职位 |
[30:24] | Hey, it’s okay. | 没事的 |
[30:28] | It’s all gonna be okay. | 一切都会好起来的 |
[30:30] | I am right here by your side. I’m not going anywhere. | 我就在你身边 哪儿也不去 |
[30:33] | How are you so calm? | 你怎么这么冷静 |
[30:35] | Because I know what’s important to me now. | 因为我知道现在什么对我最重要 |
[30:38] | And it’s this. | 就是这个 |
[30:42] | Everything’s gonna be okay. | 一切都会好的 |
[30:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:54] | I got your message. You’re late. | 我收到你的信息了 你来晚了 |
[30:57] | – I had some thinking to do. – Well, I’m glad you showed up. | -我要想些事情 -我很高兴你来了 |
[31:00] | Because I was beginning to wonder if I was meeting you | 因为我开始怀疑今晚是你 |
[31:02] | or the feds in here tonight. | 还是联邦探员要见我 |
[31:04] | I think I have a way to get you out of this. | 我有办法帮你摆脱这个 |
[31:06] | You mind if I ask you what changed your mind? | 你介意告诉我你为什么改主意吗 |
[31:08] | Because I believe you. | 因为我相信你 |
[31:10] | I also know if I do this for you, | 我还知道如果我帮了你 |
[31:11] | – you’ll always have my back. – You’re saying I owe you? | -你以后要帮我 -你是说我欠你个人情吗 |
[31:14] | I’m saying you’ll feel grateful. | 我是说你会心存感激 |
[31:17] | – It isn’t the same thing. – No, it’s not. | -这不是一回事 -确实不是 |
[31:21] | So, what’s your plan? | 你有什么打算 |
[31:22] | Who here do you trust more than anyone else? | 你最信任的人是谁 |
[31:24] | After tonight, that’s easy. You. | 今晚之后 很好回答 是你 |
[31:26] | No, it can’t be me. | 不行 不能是我 |
[31:27] | It raises too many red flags. | 有太多风险了 |
[31:29] | Besides, I’m not old enough. It’s not my time. | 而且 我资历不够 还不到时候 |
[31:31] | Well, what are you talking about? | 你到底想说什么 |
[31:32] | Just answer the question. | 回答我的问题 |
[31:34] | You need somebody here to have your back. | 你需要有人支持你 |
[31:36] | It isn’t me. Who is it? | 不能是我 会是谁 |
[31:38] | Two people. | 有两个人 |
[31:42] | Ellen Rand and Eric Kaldor. | 艾伦·兰德和艾瑞克·考德 |
[31:45] | Then get them. | 叫上他们 |
[31:46] | ‘Cause we’re not out of the woods yet. | 因为我们还没脱离险境 |
[31:57] | It’s good that you reached out to me when you did. | 你能主动来找我是件好事 |
[31:59] | I was starting to think you made a wrong choice. | 我开始觉得你做了个错误的选择了 |
[32:01] | I’ve made enough wrong choices in my life, Tom. | 我曾做过错误的选择 汤姆 |
[32:03] | I’m not gonna make a wrong one on this. | 这次我不会再做错 |
[32:05] | – So, what’d you find? – Nothing. | -你找到什么了 -什么都没有 |
[32:07] | All I found was a glitch in the billing system. | 不过是计费系统出了点小故障罢了 |
[32:09] | Bullshit, we’ve got information that your firm– | 胡说 我们手里有你们律所的信息 |
[32:11] | I don’t care what you’ve got. | 我不在乎你手里有什么 |
[32:12] | Clients were overcharged then reimbursed. | 客户被多收费后 再付还 |
[32:14] | That’s all there was to it. | 只有这些 |
[32:15] | And when I subpoena every billing record | 如果我传唤过去五年 |
[32:17] | from the last five years, that’s never gonna hold up. | 所有的账单纪录 你说的这些根本立不住脚 |
[32:19] | And if you could have subpoenaed those records, | 如果你能传唤这些记录 |
[32:21] | you wouldn’t have come to me in the first place. | 你一开始就不会来找我了 |
[32:23] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[32:24] | They paid you off, | 他们买通了你 |
[32:25] | and now you’re as guilty as they are, huh? | 现在你也和他们一样不干净了 |
[32:27] | Don’t you say that to me. | 别跟我说这些 |
[32:29] | You tried to used my history to get me to turn on my family. | 你想用我的过去来让我背叛我的家人 |
[32:32] | And if you unseal my records, I guarantee you the firm | 如果你解封我的记录 我向你保证 |
[32:34] | of Rand Kaldor Zane will use every resource | 兰德·考德·赞恩律所会用尽一切资源 |
[32:37] | they have to come after you for malicious prosecution. | 来指控你恶意起诉的 |
[32:40] | – Rand Kaldor Zane? – That’s right. | -兰德·考德·赞恩律所吗 -没错 |
[32:42] | Jarvis, Ellis, and Green are all stepping down, | 贾维斯 埃利斯和格林都下台了 |
[32:44] | so if you’re convinced they really did something, | 如果你真的觉得他们做了什么 |
[32:46] | think of it as a little punishment getting served after all. | 他们的下台算是个小惩罚吧 |
[32:49] | That’s not punishment. | 这不是惩罚 |
[32:50] | That’s getting away scot-free. | 这是在逃避 |
[32:51] | And if you think having your name ripped off the wall | 如果你认为 你努力了一辈子才上墙的名字 |
[32:53] | when you’ve worked your entire life to get up there | 被人揭下来了都不算惩罚的话 |
[32:55] | isn’t punishment, you don’t know what it is to be a lawyer. | 你根本不知道律师是什么 |
[32:57] | Because trust me, it’s all any of us ever want. | 相信我 这是所有人都想要的 |
[33:00] | Then why didn’t you put your own name up there? | 那你怎么不让自己的名字上墙 |
[33:02] | Because it’s not my time, Tom. | 因为现在还轮不到我 汤姆 |
[33:03] | But you can bet your ass someday it will be. | 但总有一天我会的 |
[33:13] | Samantha. | 萨曼莎 |
[33:16] | Are you here to tell me you won? | 你是来告诉我你赢了的吗 |
[33:19] | I’m here to tell you Alex Williams has a smoking gun. | 我是来告诉你亚历克斯·威廉姆斯有确凿证据 |
[33:21] | – And he’s got me dead to rights. – What? | -我输得一塌糊涂 -什么 |
[33:25] | I lost, Robert. | 我输了 罗伯特 |
[33:28] | It’s over. | 都结束了 |
[33:31] | How the hell did that happen? | 到底发生了什么 |
[33:32] | I had him. | 我抓到他的把柄了 |
[33:34] | I had my foot on Gavin’s neck. | 我已经快搞定盖文了 |
[33:38] | I gave him extra time. | 我多给了他些时间 |
[33:41] | And I’m not gonna lose what’s mine because Alex | 不能因为亚历克斯用这段时间打败了我 |
[33:44] | – used that time to win. – What are you saying? | -我就该失去属于我的东西 -你什么意思 |
[33:47] | I don’t give a shit what the agreement was. | 我不管协议是怎样的 |
[33:49] | My name’s going up on that wall, | 我的名字必须上墙 |
[33:50] | and you’re gonna make it happen. | 你要实现这一切 |
[33:51] | – I can’t do that. – Why not? | -我做不到 -为什么 |
[33:52] | – Samantha– – God damn it, Robert! | -萨曼莎 -该死 罗伯特 |
[33:55] | They found those files, which means | 他们找到那些文件了 |
[33:56] | you didn’t tip the scales at all. | 你根本没帮我 |
[33:58] | What is it gonna take for you to get off the sidelines? | 怎样才能让你为我挺身而出 |
[34:01] | I wouldn’t have to get off the sidelines | 如果你不对盖文·安德鲁斯心软 |
[34:03] | if you hadn’t shown Gavin Andrews mercy! | 我根本不需要帮你出头 |
[34:05] | Well, I didn’t just do that because he’s still a client. | 我这么做不只是因为他是我们的客户 |
[34:07] | I did it because he told me he had a family. | 而是他告诉我他有家庭 |
[34:10] | Just like you once did. | 就像你曾经跟我说的一样 |
[34:12] | You’re saying I owe you. | 你是说我欠了你人情 |
[34:14] | You have owed me for years, and you know it. | 你欠了我很多年了 你清楚的很 |
[34:18] | And before you gave them your word, | 在你跟他们作保证之前 |
[34:20] | you gave your word to me. | 你先给了我保证 |
[34:23] | So the question is, | 现在问题是 |
[34:25] | which word are you gonna live up to? | 你要遵守哪些诺言 |
[34:47] | Louis, we need to talk. It’s important. | 路易 我们需要谈谈 很重要 |
[34:49] | Yeah, of course. Come in. | 当然了 进来吧 |
[34:52] | Actually, I’m glad you’re here, | 其实 我很高兴你能来 |
[34:55] | ’cause I have some big news of my own. | 因为我有个重大消息和你说 |
[34:56] | Well, whatever it is, it’s not as big as this. | 不管是什么 肯定没我说的这个重要 |
[34:59] | Robert’s about to tell Harvey that he’s gonna put up | 罗伯特要告诉哈维他要让萨曼莎 |
[35:00] | Samantha’s name instead of Alex’s. | 做冠名合伙人 而不是亚历克斯 |
[35:02] | No, no, Alex won. | 不 亚历克斯赢了 |
[35:03] | Robert can’t break his word like that. | 罗伯特不能说话不算数 |
[35:04] | Well, he’s going to, and if we don’t do something, | 如果我们不做些什么 他就要这么做了 |
[35:06] | we’re not gonna have a firm tomorrow. | 明天律所就不复存在了 |
[35:07] | We’re gonna have a war on our hands. | 而是变成了战场 |
[35:10] | Okay, I hear you. | 我明白了 |
[35:12] | First thing tomorrow we’ll get into a conference room | 明天第一件事 就是找间会议室 |
[35:14] | and we’ll talk this thing through. | 好好把这事聊清楚 |
[35:14] | Louis, it’s too late for that. | 路易 太晚了 |
[35:15] | The time for talking is over. | 谈话时间已经结束了 |
[35:19] | We need to do something. | 我们得做些什么 |
[35:22] | – And that something is… – I’ll step down. | -而我们要做的就是… -我要退出 |
[35:25] | What? | 什么 |
[35:27] | Donna, Sheila’s pregnant. | 唐娜 希拉怀孕了 |
[35:30] | I’m gonna be a father. | 我要做爸爸了 |
[35:31] | – Oh, my God. – I was gonna ratchet down anyway. | -我的天 -我本来也是要退下来的 |
[35:35] | This way they can both put their names up. | 这样的话 我们就能同时提拔他们两个人 |
[35:37] | Louis, I am so happy for you. | 路易 我真为你高兴 |
[35:41] | – But that’s not gonna work. – What are you saying? | -但这样是行不通的 -你什么意思 |
[35:43] | I’m saying you need to step in as managing partner. | 我是说 你得升上去做经营合伙人 |
[35:47] | – What? – Louis, | -什么 -路易 |
[35:49] | Robert can’t run this firm right now | 罗伯特现在没法经营这间律所 |
[35:51] | and neither can Harvey. You’re the only one who can. | 哈维也不能 你是唯一一个可以的人 |
[35:54] | Sorry, Donna. I can’t. | 抱歉 唐娜 我做不到 |
[35:55] | – Why not? – Because I’m not a leader. | -为什么 -因为我不是个领导者 |
[35:57] | They won’t follow me. | 他们不会服从我的 |
[35:59] | Louis. | 路易 |
[36:01] | I know you went to Katrina to protect the firm. | 我知道你为了保护律所去找了卡特里娜 |
[36:04] | And you just offered to step down to do the same thing. | 你刚刚提出退出 也是为了同样的目的 |
[36:07] | If that’s not the leadership we need right now, | 如果这都不是我们现在所需的领导力 |
[36:09] | – I don’t know what is. – Why does it have to be now? | -我不知道我们需要什么 -非得是现在吗 |
[36:13] | I just wanna be a father. | 我只想做个父亲 |
[36:14] | And the last thing I’d ever wanna do | 我最不愿意做的 |
[36:16] | is take that away from you. | 就是剥夺你做父亲的权利 |
[36:18] | But your baby’s not due for another nine months. | 但是你的孩子还有九个月才会降临 |
[36:21] | And this firm is your baby too, | 这间律所也是你的孩子 |
[36:22] | and it needs you right now. | 而它现在就需要你 |
[36:25] | I can’t make that decision without talking to Sheila first. | 做决定之前 我得先和希拉聊聊 |
[36:29] | Then hurry. | 那就赶紧 |
[36:31] | Because we don’t have a lot of time. | 因为我们时间不多了 |
[36:32] | Donna, even if I said yes… | 唐娜 就算我答应了… |
[36:39] | Harvey and Robert would never vote | 哈维和罗伯特也不会 |
[36:40] | to make me managing partner. | 赞成我做经营合伙人 |
[36:43] | You leave that to me. | 这事交给我 |
[37:00] | I take it you’re celebrating. | 我当你是在庆祝了 |
[37:03] | It’s a drink, Robert. | 只是喝一杯 罗伯特 |
[37:05] | I’m not rubbing it in anybody’s face, | 我不会见人就说 |
[37:07] | but yeah, I’m happy for my guy. | 但我确实为亚历克斯高兴 |
[37:11] | Well, I’m here to say something | 我来是想跟你说一些 |
[37:14] | that’s gonna make you less happy. | 可能让你不那么高兴的事 |
[37:16] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[37:19] | I’m putting Samantha’s name on the wall, not Alex’s. | 我准备提拔萨曼莎 而非亚历克斯 |
[37:23] | I must be getting old because… | 我肯定是老糊涂了… |
[37:25] | I’m pretty sure I just heard you say | 我很确信听到你说 |
[37:27] | you’re breaking your word. | 你这是打算食言了 |
[37:28] | Harvey, I know. I made a promise. | 哈维 我知道 我做过承诺 |
[37:30] | You didn’t just make a promise. | 你不仅做过承诺 |
[37:31] | You looked me in the eye and you said, | 你还看着我的眼睛 对我说 |
[37:33] | “Let’s settle this in the ring.” | “胜者为王” |
[37:34] | And I don’t care. I owe her. | 我不在乎 这是我欠她的 |
[37:35] | Then you should have put her name up years ago. | 那你早该让她的名字上墙 |
[37:37] | Not when it costs someone else. | 而不是在需要牺牲另一个人时 |
[37:39] | God damn it, I am the managing partner of this firm. | 该死 我是这间律所的经营合伙人 |
[37:41] | And we can change that right now because I was here before you | 现在就能让你撤职 因为我比你早来 |
[37:44] | and I’m gonna be here long after you’re gone. | 而且会比你待得久的多 |
[37:47] | – Are you threatening me? – I’m giving you a choice. | -你在威胁我吗 -我在给你一个选择 |
[37:49] | You and Samantha can accept Alex | 你和萨曼莎要么接受亚历克斯 |
[37:51] | – or you can pack up your shit right now. – I’m not going anywhere | -要么立刻打包走人 -我不会走的 |
[37:53] | and neither is Samantha, because you’re the past, | 萨曼莎也不会 因为你已成过去 |
[37:55] | and she’s the future. | 而她是律所的未来 |
[37:56] | Not here, she’s not. | 在这里 她不可能 |
[37:57] | Now get the fuck out of my office. | 现在滚出我的办公室 |
[37:59] | That’s enough. | 够了 |
[38:00] | No one’s going anywhere, and neither one of you | 没有人要走 你们俩也不再是 |
[38:02] | – is managing partner anymore. – Donna, stay out of this. | -经营合伙人了 -唐娜 别掺和这件事 |
[38:05] | No, I am putting a stop to this, | 不 这件事到此为止 |
[38:06] | and I’m putting a stop to it right now. | 我要即刻了结这件事 |
[38:08] | ‘Cause this isn’t just a friendly gathering. | 因为这不仅是一次友好的见面 |
[38:10] | This is a formal partner meeting. | 更是一次正式的合伙人会议 |
[38:13] | And here’s how it’s gonna go. | 事情是这样的 |
[38:14] | I’m voting for Louis for managing partner. | 我投票支持路易成为经营合伙人 |
[38:16] | And he’s voting for himself. | 而他投票支持他自己 |
[38:18] | And since there is no way that either one of you | 既然你们彼此不会 |
[38:20] | is voting for the other, you might as well both vote for him | 投票支持对方 你们最好都投票给他 |
[38:23] | and keep this a united front. | 来让律所保持团结 |
[38:24] | Because make no mistake. Louis is managing partner. | 因为不出意外的话 路易会成为经营合伙人 |
[38:27] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[38:28] | There’s no way you’re pulling this off. | 这不可能是你的意思 |
[38:30] | She’s not pulling this off, Robert. I am. | 不是她的意思 罗伯特 是我的 |
[38:32] | This is happening whether you like it or not. | 就这么定了 不管你高不高兴 |
[38:34] | So you think you have what it takes to run this firm? | 你觉得你有能力管理好这间律所 |
[38:36] | I know I do. | 当然 |
[38:37] | And my first order of business is promoting Alex and Samantha | 而我的第一条命令就是同时让亚历克斯 |
[38:40] | at the same time. | 和萨曼莎升职 |
[38:41] | And any managing partner worth his salt | 任何称职的经营合伙人 |
[38:43] | can see they’ll never go for it. | 都知道他们不可能妥协的 |
[38:44] | No. They’re either both gonna accept this | 是啊 所以他们要么都接受这个决定 |
[38:46] | or they’re both gonna walk the fuck out the door | 要么都滚蛋 |
[38:47] | because I am sick of this shit. | 因为我受够这烂摊子了 |
[38:50] | And I’ll tell you something else. | 我还有别的事要交代 |
[38:51] | You two are gonna goddamn sell it to them. | 你们俩负责去说服他们 |
[38:56] | So, what’s it gonna be? | 所以怎么说 |
[38:58] | Me and Louis and a split decision? | 我和路易一致 而你们各执一词 |
[39:00] | Or are we gonna make this thing unanimous? | 还是我们达成一致 |
[39:14] | How’d they take it? | 他们什么反应 |
[39:15] | Kicking and screaming. | 大吵大闹 |
[39:17] | Bet you wouldn’t have it any other way. | 我敢打赌 你没有其他办法 |
[39:19] | Nope, I wouldn’t. | 不 我没有 |
[39:22] | What’d you tell Rand and Kaldor? | 你跟兰德和考德都说了什么 |
[39:25] | That all they had to do was be ready to act in charge, | 他们只要准备好当老大就好 |
[39:28] | and I could get them the firm. | 我能给他们拿下律所 |
[39:31] | And let me guess. | 让我猜猜 |
[39:32] | They knew not to ask any more questions than that. | 他们知道不要再多问问题 |
[39:36] | Isn’t that what being a great lawyer is all about? | 这不就是当个一流律师的关键吗 |
[39:39] | Sometimes. | 有时是吧 |
[39:41] | Sometimes it’s about asking the right questions. | 有时问对问题才是关键 |
[39:44] | Okay, then. | 那好吧 |
[39:47] | – Why’d you do it? – Do what? | -你为什么那么做 -做什么 |
[39:49] | Help me. | 帮我 |
[39:50] | And don’t give me that line about always having your back, | 别再跟我说什么我一直支持你的客套话 |
[39:53] | because it’s gotta be about something more. | 你肯定另有所图 |
[39:58] | I didn’t have a father. | 我没有父亲 |
[40:00] | What? | 什么 |
[40:01] | I have no idea who my parents were. | 我不知道我父母是谁 |
[40:03] | Didn’t even know their names. | 连他们的名字都不知道 |
[40:07] | I bounced around the foster care system. | 我在领养系统里四处流转 |
[40:10] | Never lived in the same place for more than two years. | 从没在同一地方住过两年以上 |
[40:14] | What does that have to do with– | 这跟这事有什么关系 |
[40:15] | Your daughter. | 你女儿 |
[40:17] | I helped you because I would have given anything | 我帮你是因为要是有你这样的人照看我 |
[40:21] | to have someone like you looking out for me. | 我愿意拿一切来换 |
[40:25] | And I didn’t wanna take it away from her. | 我不想让你女儿失去你 |
[40:33] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[40:35] | Say that from now on I’ll always have someone | 你就说 从今往后永远会有人 |
[40:36] | looking out for me. | 照看我 |
[40:49] | – Robert. – Samantha, have a seat. | -罗伯特 -萨曼莎 请坐 |
[40:51] | I don’t want one. | 我不想坐 |
[40:52] | Unless you’re saying it’s a seat at the table. | 除非你说的是管理层里的位置 |
[40:54] | It is. | 确实是 |
[40:57] | But you’re not alone. | 但不止你一人 |
[40:59] | Alex is getting a promotion too. | 亚历克斯也会升职 |
[41:00] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我吗 |
[41:02] | The whole point of there being only one | 你一直都说只有一个位置 |
[41:04] | is to have it mean something. | 总得说话算数 |
[41:05] | I know what the point is, Samantha. | 我明白你的意思 萨曼莎 |
[41:07] | – So you sold me out. – I didn’t sell anyone out! | -你出卖我 -我没有出卖任何人 |
[41:11] | I once told you I’d look out for you. | 我告诉过你我会照顾你 |
[41:14] | And I let that get in my head and it almost cost us | 我受这事影响 差点连已经到手的 |
[41:16] | what we have here. | 都要丢了 |
[41:18] | So now I’m gonna look out for you in a way that I should have | 所以现在我会照顾你 就跟我一开始 |
[41:21] | – in the first place. – How’s that? | -该做的那样 -什么意思 |
[41:23] | By telling you the truth. | 就是要告诉你实话 |
[41:24] | They beat us at our own game, Samantha. | 他们反客为主赢了我们 萨曼莎 |
[41:27] | Whether we like it or not. | 我们不喜欢也没用 |
[41:31] | But you know what that means? | 不过你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[41:35] | We are surrounded by some badass people. | 我们四面楚歌了 |
[41:39] | So let’s stop fighting in here and start fighting | 所以我们不要再内斗了 联起手来 |
[41:41] | everyone else out there. | 一致对外吧 |
[41:45] | Because it’s time to make peace. | 是时候和解了 |
[41:51] | Am I interrupting? | 打扰到你们了吗 |
[41:55] | Because I wanted to say Harvey gave me the news, | 因为我想说 哈维告诉我了 |
[41:57] | and I’m good with it if you are. | 只要你们没问题 我就同意 |
[42:04] | Of course I am, partner. | 当然没问题 合伙人 |
[42:07] | Then I guess there’s only one thing to figure out. | 那我想就剩一件事要考虑了 |
[42:11] | Williams-Wheeler or Wheeler-Williams. | 是叫威廉姆斯·惠勒还是惠勒·威廉姆斯 |
[42:16] | You won, Alex. It’s your choice. | 你赢了 亚历克斯 你说了算 |
[42:21] | So what do you say we have ourselves | 那你们觉得咱们来个 |
[42:23] | a good old-fashioned group hug? | 老掉牙的群抱如何 |
[42:47] | Harvey, it’s been a long day, | 哈维 今天过得太辛苦了 |
[42:49] | so if you’re here to yell at me– | 所以如果你是来吼我的 |
[42:50] | Relax, Louis. I’m here to say thank you. | 放松路易 我是来谢谢你的 |
[42:55] | We lost ourselves and you brought us back. | 我们迷失了自我 是你引我们回到正途 |
[42:59] | Thanks, Harvey. Appreciate that. | 谢谢 哈维 多谢你能这么说 |
[43:02] | It takes a lot of balls to come at me | 像这样跟我和罗伯特对峙 |
[43:03] | – and Robert like that. – No, Harvey, it didn’t. | -需要很大的勇气 -不 哈维 不用 |
[43:06] | Because for the first time, I didn’t care how either one | 因为这是第一次我不在乎 |
[43:10] | of you saw me because… | 你们俩对我的看法 因为 |
[43:13] | I didn’t even care to be managing partner in the first place. | 我从一开始就不在乎经营合伙人的位置 |
[43:16] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[43:19] | I’m gonna have a baby, Harvey. | 我要有孩子了 哈维 |
[43:23] | I’m gonna be a dad. | 我要当爸爸了 |
[43:25] | And once that hit me, dealing with this felt so simple. | 孩子一来 处理这事感觉就太简单了 |
[43:31] | Congratulations, Louis. | 恭喜了 路易 |
[43:34] | I think you’re gonna make a great managing partner, | 我想你会做个很优秀的经营合伙人 |
[43:38] | and I know you’re gonna make an outstanding father. | 我也知道你会做一位出色的父亲 |
[43:45] | You two need to get a room? | 你俩要去开间房吗 |
[43:46] | Or does anybody wanna go out and celebrate? | 还是想出去庆祝一下 |
[43:49] | Actually I think I’m just gonna stay here for a bit | 我想我还是待在这儿 |
[43:51] | and take it all in. | 消化一下吧 |
[43:54] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[43:56] | – Good night, Louis. – Good night. | -晚安 路易 -晚安 |
[44:03] | Level with me. | 跟我说实话 |
[44:04] | You really think he can handle this? | 你真觉得他办得到吗 |
[44:06] | I think desperate times require desperate measures. | 我想非常之时当用非常之法 |
[44:09] | And I think something else too. | 我还想到了另一件事 |
[44:10] | What’s that? | 什么事 |
[44:12] | I’m going to enjoy watching you | 你和罗伯特听命于路易 |
[44:13] | and Robert take orders from Louis. | 这场景我会喜闻乐见的 |
[44:15] | We’re not gonna be the only ones he’s in charge of. | 听命于他的可不止我们两个 |
[44:18] | He’ll be giving you plenty of orders, too. | 他也会给你很多命令的 |
[44:19] | No, he won’t. You’re forgetting. | 他不会的 你忘了吗 |
[44:22] | I’m the Louis Whisperer. | 我可是路易的幕僚 |
[44:24] | Are you sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[44:25] | When he walked in, he said you weren’t pulling it off. | 他来的时候说你成不了事的 |
[44:27] | – He was. – And who do you think told him to say that? | -他才可以 -你觉得是谁让他这么说的 |
[44:29] | Holy shit, are you saying you’re the real managing partner? | 老天 你是说你才是真正的经营合伙人吗 |
[44:32] | I’m not saying that. | 我没承认 |
[44:33] | But I’m also not not saying that. | 但我也没否认 |
[44:36] | Come on, pretty. Drinks are on you. | 来吧 帅哥 酒钱你出 |