时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:46] | Okay, runway model, you look fantastic. | 你就像走秀模特一样好看 |
[00:49] | What’s different? | 发生什么了 |
[00:50] | Gee, thanks. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[00:53] | You know what I mean. | 别装傻 |
[00:54] | Something’s going on. | 绝对发生什么事了 |
[00:56] | Maybe I’m just having a good day. | 或许我只是今天心情好 |
[00:59] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[01:00] | – You got a Birkin. – It’s no big deal. | -你买了铂金包 -没什么大不了的 |
[01:02] | It is absolutely a big deal. Is this a Bianca hand-me-down? | 明明大得很 是比安卡淘汰给你的吗 |
[01:05] | No. | 不是 |
[01:07] | Why? Does it look… does it look used? | 为什么这么问 看起来像二手吗 |
[01:10] | No, it looks gorgeous. | 不是 看起来漂亮极了 |
[01:13] | Are your hands clean? | 你洗手了吗 |
[01:16] | So, wait– did you buy this? | 所以 这是你买的吗 |
[01:18] | Yeah, I-I… I wanted one. | 是的 我想要 |
[01:20] | Everybody wants one, like a yacht or a pony. | 谁不想要 跟每个人都想要游艇或小马一样 |
[01:24] | Ooh, it’s the swivel latch. I love the swivel latch. | 还是旋转扣的 我喜欢这种款式 |
[01:26] | How do you know so much about Birkins? | 你为什么这么懂铂金包 |
[01:27] | I was raised around rich people. | 我在有钱人身旁长大 |
[01:29] | Ooh, saddle stitching. | 看看这骑马订 |
[01:31] | So, wait, where did you buy this? | 等等 你在哪儿买的 |
[01:33] | At a… a… sample sale. | 一个样品特卖会上买的 |
[01:36] | Really? Well, you’re lucky you didn’t get scammed. | 真的吗 幸好你没被骗 |
[01:38] | – What do you mean? – Well, if it were counterfeit, | -什么意思 -如果是假货的话 |
[01:40] | the feet would screw off, but these don’t. | 脚钉是可以转下来的 但这个不行 |
[01:42] | See? They’re hammered in. | 看见没 真品都是钉进去的 |
[01:46] | Lucca has a Birkin. | 卢卡有铂金包了 |
[01:48] | I… Shh. | 我…闭嘴 |
[01:53] | Thank you, Frank, for giving us another chance. | 弗兰克 谢谢你愿意再给我们一次机会 |
[01:56] | Uh, please. | 请坐 |
[01:58] | We’re not here about your firm, Adrian. | 我们不是为律所的是来的 阿德里安 |
[02:00] | We are here about you. | 我们是来找你的 |
[02:03] | – Me? – Yes. | -我吗 -对 |
[02:04] | – Did you watch the Democratic debates this year? – Yeah. | -你看了今年民主党候选人辩论吗 -看了 |
[02:06] | – Which one? – Any of ’em. | -你说的哪场 -随便哪场 |
[02:09] | We started out with the most | 我们一开始的候选人 |
[02:10] | diverse slate in our history, but come the end of January, | 史上最多元的一届了 但到一月底的时候 |
[02:13] | no candidate of color went the distance. | 没有一位有色人种候选人坚持下来 |
[02:16] | And that’s something we need to correct. | 而这样不行 |
[02:19] | Four years from now, we need an African-American candidate | 四年后 我们需要一位能脱颖而出的 |
[02:22] | that can go the distance. | 非裔美国人 |
[02:23] | I agree. So how can I help? | 我同意 需要我做什么呢 |
[02:27] | You can be that candidate. | 你可以做那个候选人 |
[02:33] | Are you kidding me right now, Frank? | 你在开玩笑吗 弗兰克 |
[02:35] | No. Look, we don’t expect you to win, | 没有 我们没指望你能赢 |
[02:37] | but we want to groom you | 但在赢下爱荷华州之前 |
[02:38] | to stay on the stage until Iowa. | 我们想确保你能在台上 |
[02:40] | Black voters need to see themselves up there. | 黑人选民需要能看见自己种族的人 |
[02:41] | But you want me to run for president? | 但你想要我竞选总统 |
[02:46] | Yes. | 对 |
[02:49] | You’re a fighter, but with gravitas. | 你是斗士 但又沉稳严肃 |
[02:51] | We saw your punditry from last year. It was very good. | 我们看了你去年做评论员的表现 非常好 |
[02:53] | You spoke eloquently on issues that matter. | 你在重要议题上口若悬河 |
[02:55] | You seem very comfortable in your own skin. | 气定神闲 |
[02:57] | You’ve made a name for yourself on police brutality, | 还在警察暴力案件上闯出了名声 |
[02:59] | and that takes you away from the Kamala Harris problem. | 这让你摆脱了卡马拉·哈里森的麻烦 |
[02:59] | 有色人种女性 现加州参议员 曾任助理检察官 任内拒绝调查警察枪击案 反对警察配备摄像头的规定 | |
[03:01] | – And you’re tall. – People like that. | -而且你很高 -人们喜欢长得高的 |
[03:04] | But I’ve said some very controversial things, Frank. | 我也说过一些很有争议的话 弗兰克 |
[03:07] | You’re not afraid to break the rules, | 你勇于打破常规 |
[03:08] | which is a good thing, because there’s no rulebook anymore. | 这是好事 因为现在没有规则了 |
[03:11] | Donald Trump took it, burned it and took a shit on the ashes. | 唐纳德·特朗普把规则都烧了还对着撒了泡尿 |
[03:15] | And if he wins in November, God help us, | 如果他在十一月胜出 那就只能天佑美国了 |
[03:17] | we need to come back in 2024 with everything we’ve got. | 我们得在2024年全力出击 |
[03:20] | Can I, um, think about this? | 我能考虑一下吗 |
[03:22] | Mm, of course. | 当然可以 |
[03:23] | But in the meantime, it’s confidential. | 但与此同时 此事需要绝对保密 |
[03:25] | Oh, absolutely. Not a word to anybody. | 当然 我谁都不会透露 |
[03:31] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:34] | It’s beyond confidential. | 这是绝密 |
[03:36] | Not your mother, not your shrink, no one. | 连你妈妈和心理医生都不能说 谁都不行 |
[03:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[03:43] | They said what? | 他们说什么 |
[03:45] | In 2024. | 2024年 |
[03:47] | Oh, they don’t expect me to win the nomination. | 他们不期望我赢 |
[03:49] | It’s more about defining the future of the party… | 更多的是要诠释民主党的未来 |
[03:52] | You’re the future of the party? | 你是民主党的未来吗 |
[03:54] | – You’re jealous. – No, I am not. | -你嫉妒了 -我没有 |
[03:58] | I j… just… | 我只是 |
[04:01] | What are your positions? | 你的立场是什么 |
[04:01] | Medicare for all? | 所有人都可以享受的医保 |
[04:03] | Section 1325 of the U.S. Immigration Code? | 「美国移民法典」1325条 |
[04:06] | Troops in Northeast Syria? | 叙利亚东北部的军队 |
[04:07] | Maybe you want to be my policy advisor, huh? | 你想做我的政策顾问吗 |
[04:09] | I’m the reason the DNC | 如果不是我 民主党委员会 |
[04:11] | came into this office in the first place. | 根本就找不到这里来 |
[04:12] | And, unlike you, I have actually worked in government. | 不像你 我可是在政府部门工作过的 |
[04:15] | Mm, like “Kamela” Harris. | 像”卡梅拉”·哈里森一样 |
[04:17] | It’s Kamala. Learn how to say her damn name. | 是卡马拉 先学会念对人家名字吧 |
[04:20] | And what, are you-are you saying | 你是想说 |
[04:21] | that former prosecutors are unelectable? | 前检察官不可选吗 |
[04:24] | Or just black, female former prosecutors? | 或者你只是说黑人女性前检察官不行 |
[04:31] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[04:32] | Why, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:35] | I have to head to court. | 我得上庭了 |
[04:39] | Better work on your platform. | 最好开始起草政纲了 |
[04:44] | Would it kill them to recruit a woman | 对他们来说 仅仅是偶尔 |
[04:46] | every once in while? | 招募个女性都这么难吗 |
[04:52] | Melanie! Melanie! | 梅兰妮 梅兰妮 |
[04:57] | Looking good. | 看起来不错 |
[04:58] | My leg was starting to… cramp. | 我的腿都要抽筋了 |
[05:00] | I need to… stretch it out more. | 我得多拉伸一下 |
[05:03] | – You ready for court? – Not really. | -准备好上庭了吗 -还没有 |
[05:06] | Talk about butterflies. | 很紧张 |
[05:08] | You’ll be fine, Melanie. | 你会没事的 梅兰妮 |
[05:09] | But look, I wanted to catch you before we go to court. | 我在上庭前来找你 |
[05:13] | We’re changing strategies. | 是因为我们要改策略 |
[05:16] | We’re what? Why? | 怎么了 为什么 |
[05:17] | Well, we think that, given the politics of the situation, | 我们认为 基于目前的政策原因 |
[05:20] | we have a better chance of success going with race. | 打种族牌的胜率会高一点 |
[05:24] | Um… if that’s what you think. | 如果你这么认为的话 |
[05:25] | But look, nothing else has changed. | 但其他的都没变 |
[05:28] | You are still the injured party here. | 你依然是受害者 |
[05:33] | So what do I wear in court? | 我要穿什么 |
[05:35] | I was six when I learned to swim, | 我六岁学会游泳 |
[05:38] | uh, which is late compared to the other girls. | 比其他女孩要晚 |
[05:41] | Uh, there was no pool near me. | 我家附近没有泳池 |
[05:44] | My mom would get me up quarter after 3:00, | 我妈凌晨三点十五分叫我起床 |
[05:47] | get me to the pool by 5:00. | 五点钟把我送到泳池 |
[05:49] | I’d work out till 7:00. | 我训练到七点 |
[05:50] | Then she’d have me at school by 8:00. | 然后她八点前把我送到学校 |
[05:52] | Uh, it was about an hour-and-a-half drive | 根据车流情况 单程开车大概需要 |
[05:55] | each way, depending on traffic. | 一个半小时 |
[05:56] | Did you have a private coach, Melanie? | 你有私人教练吗 梅拉妮 |
[05:59] | No. Just my mom. | 没有 只有我妈 |
[06:01] | So even though you didn’t have the advantages of your teammates, | 所以你即便没有队友们拥有的优势资源 |
[06:03] | you still made finalist on the Olympic team? | 你仍然挤进了奥运会预选赛的决赛 |
[06:05] | Objection. Relevance? | 反对 和本案无关 |
[06:07] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[06:08] | Try “Counselor is testifying.” | 可以用”律师自证”这招 |
[06:11] | Counselor is testifying. | 律师自证 |
[06:12] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[06:13] | Melanie, in 2019, was there a scheduled | 梅拉妮 2019年是不是原定有一场 |
[06:17] | qualifying meet for the Olympic trials? | 奥运会预选赛 |
[06:19] | – Yes. – And was that | -是的 -可是后来 |
[06:20] | – rescheduled for this year? – Yes. | -又改期到今年了 -是的 |
[06:23] | – Why was that? – Objection. | -什么原因呢 -反对 |
[06:24] | The witness was not the one | 改期的决定 |
[06:26] | doing the rescheduling, Your Honor. | 不是由证人做出的 法官阁下 |
[06:28] | She’s hardly in a position to know why. | 她本人也无法知晓原因 |
[06:30] | I’m guessing she has an opinion. | 我认为她至少有想法 |
[06:32] | As I am also guessing that your client, | 而且我也认为你的委托人 |
[06:35] | the Olympic Committee, has an opinion, | 奥委会同样也有想法 |
[06:37] | – so, overruled. – Go ahead. | -所以反对无效 -继续 |
[06:38] | Uh, the meet was rescheduled to 2020 | 预选赛改期到了2020年 |
[06:41] | to give Sadie Lipton more time to train. | 好给萨迪·立普顿更多训练时间 |
[06:43] | And Sadie Lipton is the swimmer who replaced you | 而萨迪·立普顿正是顶替你 |
[06:46] | – on the Olympic team? – Yes. | -进入奥运会代表队的 -是的 |
[06:48] | And Sadie Lipton is obviously white, right? | 萨迪·立普顿也显然是白人 对吗 |
[06:52] | – Yes. – Okay, I got it. | -是的 -好了 我懂了 |
[06:54] | Uh, is there any reason to believe | 有理由相信 |
[06:56] | that race played a part in this decision? | 这个决定里掺杂了种族因素吗 |
[06:58] | I’m not someone who sees racism in everything, | 我不是凡事都归咎于种族歧视的人 |
[07:01] | but our team doctor, Dr. Ludovic– | 但是我们的队医 卢多维科医生 |
[07:04] | he thought I couldn’t hear him when he said: | 认为我无法接受他的观点 |
[07:07] | black people’s bones are denser than whites, | 黑人的骨密度比白人更大 |
[07:11] | that elite swimmers need a low bone density, | 游泳健将要求骨密度要低 |
[07:14] | so blacks were at a disadvantage. | 所以黑人处于劣势 |
[07:16] | All right, I’m getting it. Uh, thank you very much, dear. | 好了 我懂了 非常感谢 亲爱的 |
[07:18] | Next? | 下一个 |
[07:20] | As president of U.S. Olympic Swimming, | 身为美国奥运会游泳赛事主席 |
[07:22] | what is your principle function? | 你的主要职责是什么 |
[07:24] | Of course I’d like to think it was to inspire others, | 当然 我希望是能激励他人 |
[07:28] | but the truth is, my principle function is to lead by example. | 但是事实上 我的主要职责是以身作则 |
[07:31] | And what was your reaction | 当你听说卢多维科医生 |
[07:33] | when Dr. Ludovic’s remarks about | 关于非裔美国人骨密度的言论时 |
[07:35] | African-American bone density got back to you? | 你是什么反应 |
[07:39] | I fired him that same day. | 我当天就解雇了他 |
[07:40] | Is there racism on the U.S. Olympic Committee? | 美国奥委会是否存在种族歧视 |
[07:44] | No. And if there were, I would weed it out. | 没有 即便有 我也会清除出去 |
[07:46] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 没有别的问题了 |
[07:49] | Mr. Pezner, what’s Rule Number 50? | 佩兹纳先生 第50号规定是什么 |
[07:51] | Oh, objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[07:52] | – I haven’t even asked my question, sir! – Because Rule Number… | -我连问题都还没问呢 -因为规定… |
[07:54] | – It’s got nothing to do with anything. – Wai… Uh, uh, uh, uh, | -一点关系都没有 -等等… |
[07:55] | Hey, eh, eh, eh, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 先别吵 |
[07:57] | Somebody want to clue the judge in here? | 能不能先跟法官通个气 |
[07:59] | I mean, what is Rule 50? | 第50号规定是什么 |
[08:02] | It is the new rule | 是禁止运动员 |
[08:03] | that prohibits political protests | 在奥运会期间 |
[08:05] | by athletes at the Olympic Games. | 进行政治抗议的新规定 |
[08:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:09] | Counselor, connect the dots. | 律师 请继续 |
[08:10] | You knew, sir, did you not, that Melanie Evers had, | 先生 你是否知道 梅拉妮·埃弗斯 |
[08:13] | in the past, participated in political protests? | 曾在过去参与过政治抗议 |
[08:16] | Listen, I am sympathetic to Black Lives Matter. | 我赞同”黑人生命很重要”的运动 |
[08:19] | I am not interested in your sympathies, sir. | 我对你是否赞同并不感兴趣 |
[08:21] | I’m asking you if you knew. | 我在问你 你是否知道 |
[08:22] | Objection, Your Honor. Badgering the witness. | 法官阁下 反对 纠缠证人 |
[08:25] | Eh, but not much of a badger. Overruled. | 但也不算太纠缠 反对无效 |
[08:28] | – Yes. I knew. – And isn’t that the reason | -是的 我知道 -这难道不是 |
[08:31] | that you kicked her off the team? | 你把她踢出代表队的原因吗 |
[08:32] | She was not kicked off the team. | 她不是被踢出代表队的 |
[08:33] | Her time was slower than the other swimmers. | 她比其他运动员的用时要长 |
[08:35] | Slower than Sadie Lipton by one-tenth | 只比萨迪·立普顿慢了 |
[08:37] | – of a second. – Which is slower. | -0.1秒 -那也是慢 |
[08:39] | You changed the rules, sir, | 你改了规则 先生 |
[08:40] | to let Sadie Lipton compete in 2020, | 就为了让萨迪·立普顿2020年参赛 |
[08:43] | and thereby replace our client, Melanie Evers. | 因此替下了我们的委托人 梅拉妮·埃弗斯 |
[08:46] | Okay, when did this become a debating society? | 法庭什么时候成辩论协会了 |
[08:48] | Uh, you know, I kind of like debates. | 其实 我还有点喜欢辩论 |
[08:50] | They-they often illuminate the truth. | 经常能照亮事实 |
[08:53] | Counselor, what remedy are you seeking? | 律师 你希望的解决办法是什么 |
[08:55] | For the Olympic Committee to abide by | 让奥委会遵循自己的规定 |
[08:56] | its own rules and draw its competitors | 从参加2019年预选赛的 |
[08:58] | from the swimmers who competed in the 2019 meet. | 游泳运动员中选拔奥运选手 |
[09:04] | Give me the afternoon. | 给我一下午时间 |
[09:05] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[09:13] | That’s it? | 就这个 |
[09:15] | Yes. | 对 |
[09:15] | I mean, who delivered it? | 谁给你的 |
[09:18] | No one saw. | 谁也没看见 |
[09:21] | Why didn’t you ignore it? | 你为什么没无视它 |
[09:25] | Do you remember Judge Itzelitz? | 你记得伊泽利兹法官吗 |
[09:27] | Yeah, a few years ago. | 记得 几年前见过 |
[09:29] | There was, um, a bribery scandal? | 出过一个受贿丑闻 |
[09:31] | Yeah. He was set up on a Big Pharma case. | 对 给他指派了一起大型制药公司案子 |
[09:34] | He ignored Memo 618. | 他无视了618号备忘录 |
[09:37] | Now he drives an Uber. | 现在他是滴滴司机了 |
[09:42] | Cases disappearing, | 好多案子消失 |
[09:44] | subpoenas discarded, judges expelled. | 传票废弃 法官被开除 |
[09:48] | Who has this power? | 什么人有这种权力 |
[09:50] | Guess who got a Birkin bag. | 猜猜谁买铂金包了 |
[09:52] | Marissa. | 梅丽莎 |
[09:53] | Oh. Sorry. I’m sorry. | 对不起 打扰了 |
[09:54] | Hey, Julius. | 朱利叶斯来了 |
[10:00] | Okay. That’s what I know. | 好了 我就知道这么多 |
[10:02] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[10:04] | Well, there was a man waiting in my husband’s office. | 有人闯进了我老公的办公室等他 |
[10:08] | He warned him that I better back off. | 他警告他让我最好收手 |
[10:10] | – What man? – No name. | -是什么人 -无名氏 |
[10:12] | Kurt doesn’t know how he got in. | 库尔特不知道他怎么进来的 |
[10:14] | – He was wearing this. – I… | -他戴着这个牌子 -我… |
[10:17] | I had a man waiting in my chambers. | 之前有个人在我的内庭等我 |
[10:19] | No name. Also, a visitor’s pass. | 也是一位戴着访客通行证的无名氏 |
[10:22] | He… left this | 他留下了这个 |
[10:25] | if I wanted to talk. | 如果我想谈谈 |
[10:35] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[10:37] | – Calling him. – Julius, are you serious? | -打给他 -朱利叶斯 你是认真的吗 |
[10:39] | In Proverbs, it’s written: | 《箴言》中写道 |
[10:41] | “When justice is done, it brings joy to the righteous, | “秉公行义使义人喜乐 |
[10:44] | but terror to evildoers.” | 使作孽的人败坏” |
[10:47] | It’s what I always believed. | 这是我一直相信的 |
[10:49] | Now I just have to enact it. | 现在我只是付诸行动 |
[11:00] | Hi. | 你好 |
[11:00] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:03] | Where’d you put it, Lucca? | 你把它放哪了 卢卡 |
[11:07] | It’s nothing special. | 这没什么特别的 |
[11:13] | Oh, did you-did you get it at a sample sale? | 你是在样品特卖会买的吗 |
[11:15] | – Where? – Were there any left? | -在哪 -还有剩下的吗 |
[11:16] | – Were they-were-were they just Birkins? – Okay, I’m sorry. | -只有铂金包吗 -好了 抱歉 |
[11:17] | There is no sample sale. I bought it at Hermès. | 没有什么特卖会 我是在爱马仕买的 |
[11:21] | I’m just… I’m embarrassed. | 我只是… 我觉得很尴尬 |
[11:22] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[11:25] | Yeah, I treated myself. I… | 是啊 我犒劳了一下自己 |
[11:27] | I know. It’s extravagant. | 我知道 这太奢侈了 |
[11:29] | No. It’s-it’s a… good investment. | 不 这是一个很好的投资 |
[11:32] | They do go up in value. | 它们确实会升值 |
[11:34] | Yeah. Mm-hmm. | 不错 |
[11:38] | Good for you. | 真的不错 |
[11:41] | Okay. | 好了 |
[11:42] | It’s just me now. | 现在只有我了 |
[11:43] | Did Bianca buy you that bag? | 是比安卡给你买的包吗 |
[11:45] | – No. – Then why are you being so cagey? | -不是 -那你为什么遮遮掩掩的 |
[11:47] | I’m not being cagey. | 我没有遮遮掩掩 |
[11:48] | You are totally being cagey. | 你完全就是遮遮掩掩 |
[11:50] | And I looked it up. | 而且我查过了 |
[11:52] | That Birkin costs, what, like… | 那个铂金包要差不多… |
[11:55] | $20,000? | 两万美元 |
[11:56] | Jesus, you are a one-woman surveillance state. | 天啊 你真是个行走的监视器 |
[11:59] | – Thank you. – I bought it | -谢谢 -我买的 |
[12:01] | with what I won playing poker. | 用我玩扑克赢来的钱 |
[12:02] | Holy fuck. So it really was a lot more than $1,500. | 我靠 所以真的比一千五多很多 |
[12:06] | – A little more. – If this bag costs… | -多一点点 -如果这个包要… |
[12:08] | $20,000, you’d only buy it | 两万块 你会买它 |
[12:09] | if you knew you had a lot left over. | 只能是你知道还会剩很多钱 |
[12:11] | So… | 那么… |
[12:13] | $200,000? | 二十万美元 |
[12:14] | Did you win $200,000? | 你赢了二十万吗 |
[12:17] | More? | 更多吗 |
[12:18] | Let’s not play this game. | 不要再猜下去了 |
[12:19] | – $500,000? – Marissa. | -五十万美元 -梅丽莎 |
[12:20] | Fuck. A million? | 操 一百万吗 |
[12:22] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:23] | I have to get back to work. | 我得继续工作了 |
[12:24] | And you don’t tell anyone about this. | 还有你不能告诉任何人 |
[12:29] | Okay, but you need to do something for me. | 好的 但你得帮我个忙 |
[12:31] | Talk to David Lee. | 跟大卫·李谈谈 |
[12:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:33] | Your winnings. The taxes on them. | 你赢的钱 那些钱要缴税 |
[12:35] | Did you win them from gambling? | 你是赌博赢的吗 |
[12:37] | And was it down in Saint Lucia? | 是在圣卢西亚岛赢的吗 |
[12:39] | That makes it all more complicated. | 这让事情变得更加复杂 |
[12:41] | David is an asshole, | 大卫是个混蛋 |
[12:42] | but he lives for this stuff. | 但他业务能力很强 |
[12:44] | Just talk to him. | 跟他谈谈就好 |
[12:47] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[12:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[12:49] | No, no. No, you don’t have to get up. | 不不 你们不用起来了 |
[12:51] | Uh, this shouldn’t take very long. | 这不会花很长时间 |
[12:53] | I’ve already made my decision. | 我已经做出决定了 |
[12:54] | Your Honor, may we approach? | 法官阁下 我们能上前一步说话吗 |
[12:57] | Uh, I was about to rule. | 我就要作出判决了 |
[12:58] | We have information that may impact your ruling. | 我们的信息可能会影响您的判决 |
[13:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:03] | Come on. The more the merrier. | 来吧 多多益善 |
[13:07] | Your Honor, I feel the need to point out | 法官阁下 我认为有必要指出 |
[13:09] | the counterfeit nature of Mr. Boseman’s pleadings. | 博斯曼先生的诉状中存在瑕疵 |
[13:11] | What the hell are you… Counterfeit? | 你到底在说什么 瑕疵 |
[13:13] | The real issue with Sadie Lipton being on the Olympic team | 萨迪·立普顿入选奥运会代表队的真正问题 |
[13:15] | isn’t that she’s white– | 不是因为她是白人 |
[13:16] | it’s that she’s transgender. | 而是她是跨性别者 |
[13:18] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[13:20] | But to identify her as such would entail taking a political position | 但是鉴定她的身份需要采取 |
[13:24] | Mr. Boseman would rather not take. | 博斯曼先生不愿采取的政治立场 |
[13:26] | – Your Honor… – Wait, wait, wait. She’s a… | -法官阁下 -等等 她是一位… |
[13:28] | What is she? | 她是什么 |
[13:29] | She was biologically born male | 她生为男儿身 |
[13:31] | but two years ago began transitioning to female. | 但两年前开始转变为女性 |
[13:36] | And you were aware that this swimmer was trans? | 你知道这名游泳运动员是跨性别者吗 |
[13:40] | I was. | 我知道 |
[13:41] | But I felt then, as now, | 但我当时和现在一样 |
[13:43] | that our strongest case rests with racial discrimination. | 认为我们最有力的论据在于种族歧视 |
[13:46] | That’s not what they were saying when we were negotiating. | 我们谈判时他们不是这么说的 |
[13:49] | – They never mentioned race. – All right. Wait. | -他们从没提到种族问题 -好吧 等等 |
[13:51] | So you’re-you’re saying that you’re using race | 所以你是说你利用种族 |
[13:54] | because the politics works better for you? | 是因为政治上对你更有利吗 |
[13:56] | That is unfair. | 这不公平 |
[13:57] | – But true. – All right, look, | -但是事实 -好吧 听着 |
[13:59] | here’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们接下来这么做 |
[14:01] | You’re gonna have to make a decision, Counselor. | 你必须做出决定 律师 |
[14:03] | Race is not working for you so far. | 种族不能为你所用 |
[14:06] | – Okay. – But, you know, | -好吧 -但你知道 |
[14:07] | if you want to amend your suit, | 如果你想修改诉讼 |
[14:09] | I’m all ears. | 我洗耳恭听 |
[14:15] | Counselor? | 律师 |
[14:20] | Okay. | 好的 |
[14:22] | We would like to amend our pleadings. | 我们愿意修改我们的诉状 |
[14:25] | See? | 你瞧 |
[14:26] | Was that so hard? | 也没那么难吧 |
[14:27] | No, Your Honor. No. | 是的 法官阁下 不难 |
[14:29] | Okay. From race to trans, let’s go. | 好 从种族歧视到跨性别歧视 来吧 |
[16:13] | Liz. Liz, I need you to come down here. | 莉兹 莉兹 我需要你来法庭 |
[16:17] | They called you out on the trans issue, didn’t they? | 他们用跨性别的问题跟你叫板了 对吧 |
[16:19] | Yeah. I need you in court today. | 对 我需要你今天上庭 |
[16:21] | – Can you get someone else? – No. | -你能找别人吗 -不能 |
[16:22] | You’ll be more sensitive. | 你会更敏感 |
[16:23] | Plus, the optics are better. | 再说 赢面也更大 |
[16:25] | It’s a political minefield. | 这是个政治雷区 |
[16:27] | And you’re a political person. | 而你是个精通政治的人 |
[16:30] | No, you’re a political woman. | 不 你是个精通政治的女人 |
[16:32] | And I need a woman. | 而我需要一个女人 |
[16:33] | – Is this about your DNC stuff? – What? | -是关于民主党委员会找你的事吗 -什么 |
[16:36] | – No. – Adrian. | -不 -阿德里安 |
[16:38] | Hey, you-you have that sound in your voice | 你说谎的时候 说话的声音 |
[16:40] | when you’re lying. | 跟平常不同 |
[16:41] | Okay, better for Melanie if she has a man | 好吧 如果梅兰妮同时有男律师 |
[16:44] | and a woman representing her. | 和女律师 她的胜算更大 |
[16:46] | Look, I got to go, Liz. | 我得挂了 莉兹 |
[16:47] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[16:49] | Hey. Morning. | 早上好 |
[16:53] | I was just coming to see you. | 我正要来见你 |
[16:54] | Yeah, we had a-a recess in court. | 我们刚好休庭了 |
[17:00] | So… | 那么 |
[17:02] | I’ve thought about it, | 我考虑过了 |
[17:04] | and… | 而且 |
[17:05] | the answer is yes. | 我答应你了 |
[17:08] | I’ll move in. | 我愿意同居 |
[17:12] | – That is great. – Yeah. | -那太好了 -是啊 |
[17:16] | No, it isn’t. What? | 不 这不好 怎么了 |
[17:18] | – No. – What happened? | -不 -发生什么了 |
[17:19] | No, this is great. | 不 这太好了 |
[17:22] | I… | 我… |
[17:26] | Adrian. | 阿德里安 |
[17:27] | What the fuck? | 搞什么 |
[17:28] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:29] | My mind is on something else right now. | 我的心思现在在别的地方 |
[17:33] | All right. | 好吧 |
[17:38] | DNC came to my office this morning. | 民主党国委会今早来找我 |
[17:41] | And they asked me– I mean, this is bizarre– | 他们让我 这事非常诡异 |
[17:45] | they want me to run for president. | 他们想让我竞选总统 |
[17:50] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:52] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:54] | – I know, I know. – When? | -我知道 我知道 -什么时候 |
[17:56] | 2024.. | 2024年 |
[17:57] | Are they crazy? | 他们疯了吗 |
[17:59] | Now, they don’t think I’ll become president. | 他们认为我不会当选总统 |
[18:01] | They just want a black person up onstage and… | 只是想让一个黑人去参选 |
[18:04] | Okay, so they asking a lot of people. | 好吧 所以他们问了很多人 |
[18:07] | You are really cutting into my self-esteem, Charlotte. | 你真是会挫伤我的自尊心啊 夏洛特 |
[18:18] | Now I get it. | 现在我懂了 |
[18:21] | What? | 什么 |
[18:23] | You don’t want to move in together anymore. | 你不再想同居了 |
[18:26] | You’re worried about me. | 你担心我 |
[18:27] | You’re worried about my “issues.” | 你担心我的”问题” |
[18:29] | What issues? | 什么问题 |
[18:30] | The issues we don’t discuss, Adrian. | 我们不谈论的问题 阿德里安 |
[18:33] | The issues that’ll be a problem for your campaign. | 以后可能会对你竞选造成影响的问题 |
[18:36] | Look, I don’t even know if I’ll do it. | 听着 我都不知道我会不会去竞选 |
[18:43] | You’ll do it. | 你会的 |
[18:44] | I can see it in your eyes. | 我都能从你眼神里看出来 |
[18:49] | If I do, | 如果我答应 |
[18:51] | whatever your issues are won’t… | 无论你有什么问题 都不会 |
[18:54] | impact it. I swear. | 影响竞选 我发誓 |
[18:57] | Charlotte, | 夏洛特 |
[18:59] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[19:08] | When can you move in? | 你什么时候能搬进来 |
[19:14] | How much of a windfall are we talking about? | 大概有多少意外之财 |
[19:17] | This is just between us, right? | 这只能你知我知 对吧 |
[19:19] | Oh, come on, Lucca. | 拜托 卢卡 |
[19:20] | I’m a lawyer. I say anything and I’m disbarred. | 我是律师 如果我泄露了 会被吊销执照 |
[19:23] | Do you want me to work for you or not? | 你想让我当你的律师吗 |
[19:25] | – How much of a windfall? – A million. | -有多少意外之财 -一百万 |
[19:28] | And a half. | 再加五十万 |
[19:32] | Is this windfall a gift? | 这是份礼物吗 |
[19:34] | No. | 不 |
[19:35] | Well… yes. | 其实 也算是 |
[19:37] | $50,000 of it was. | 其中五万是 |
[19:39] | But the rest are winnings. | 但其他是我赢来的 |
[19:41] | A poker game. | 在扑克牌局上 |
[19:44] | So you want to know if it’s taxable? | 你想知道那些是否要交税 |
[19:46] | – Yeah. – It is. | -对 -要交 |
[19:48] | However, there are strategies around that. | 但是 有规避上税的策略 |
[19:50] | Are they legal? | 合法吗 |
[19:51] | They’re rarely prosecuted. | 很少被起诉 |
[19:53] | I want to do what’s legal. | 我想通过合法途径 |
[19:55] | And I need to invest what’s left after taxes. | 然后把税后的钱拿去投资 |
[19:57] | Where’s the money now? | 那钱现在在哪 |
[19:59] | – Where is it? – Yes. | -在哪 -对 |
[20:00] | Bank account? Cashier’s check? | 银行账户 银行本票 |
[20:02] | It’s not in your freezer. | 反正不在你冰箱里 |
[20:04] | No, I-I don’t exactly have it yet. | 不 现在还不在我手里 |
[20:07] | You don’t have it yet? | 不在你手里 |
[20:08] | No. Not yet. | 对 还没拿到 |
[20:11] | The other people in this game… | 牌局的其他人 |
[20:12] | – They’re deadbeats. – No. | -他们是老赖 -不 |
[20:14] | They’re rich. | 他们很富有 |
[20:18] | – What? – Lucca, I work with the rich. | -怎么了 -卢卡 我就是为富人工作 |
[20:20] | They promise everything. They give you nothing. | 他们承诺一切 却一毛不拔 |
[20:22] | That’s not who these women are. | 这些女士不是这样 |
[20:23] | Why, because they’re rich and powerful? | 为什么 因为她们有钱有势吗 |
[20:25] | The rich and powerful think they’re God’s gift | 有钱有势的人以为自己是天赐之人 |
[20:27] | because everyone treats them like God’s gift. | 因为大家都待他们如天赐之人一般 |
[20:30] | They get their hotel rooms comped. | 他们能得到免费的酒店房间 |
[20:32] | They get gift rooms where they can take anything. | 他们能免费去礼品屋任意挑选 |
[20:34] | Their meals are bought by everybody else. | 他们的餐点都是别人买单 |
[20:37] | You already got your million and a half | 你已经从他们的笑容和魅力里 |
[20:39] | in their smiles, in their charms. | 拿到了你的一百五十万 |
[20:41] | – That’s your winnings. – N… Uh, no. That-that can’t be. | -这就是你赢来的东西 -不 那不可能 |
[20:44] | You have an I.O.U. or a promissory note? | 你有欠条或本票吗 |
[20:48] | Okay, call ’em up and ask ’em for your money. | 行吧 打给她们 问她们要钱 |
[20:52] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[20:53] | Exactly, and they know that. | 就是这样 他们也心知肚明 |
[20:55] | Look, just don’t buy anything until you get the money. Okay? | 拿到钱之前不要买任何东西 行吗 |
[21:04] | Thanks for doing this. | 谢谢你这么做 |
[21:09] | Mr. Pezner, | 佩兹纳先生 |
[21:10] | could you explain how a trans woman qualifies | 你能解释一下变性人如何取得 |
[21:14] | to swim on the women’s Olympic team? | 参加奥运会游泳女队的资格吗 |
[21:15] | Well, first, she must make a declaration that she is a female. | 首先 她必须声明自己是女性 |
[21:20] | So, as-as long as you have standards. | 还好你们有相关规定啊 |
[21:21] | Objection. | 反对 |
[21:23] | My guess is that counselor was being sarcastic. | 我认为律师只是在讽刺 |
[21:26] | But, just in case, sustained. | 以防万一 反对有效 |
[21:29] | The athlete has to maintain a testosterone level | 运动员必须保持睾丸酮水平 |
[21:32] | below ten nanomoles per liter for 12 months. | 一年内每升低于10毫摩尔 |
[21:35] | And that’s what the trans swimmer, Sadie Lipton, had? | 那个跨性别游泳选手萨迪·立普顿符合标准吗 |
[21:38] | Yes. | 符合 |
[21:38] | Now isn’t it true that most women have testosterone levels | 大多数女性的睾丸酮水平 |
[21:42] | way below that, | 都远低于这个水平 |
[21:44] | at around, uh, | 大约在 |
[21:46] | 1.7 nanomoles per liter? | 每升1.7毫摩尔 是吗 |
[21:49] | That’s less than one-fifth of that cutoff. | 这还不到运动员标准的五分之一 |
[21:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:54] | So why exactly would the U.S. Olympic team | 那为什么美国奥运代表队 |
[21:57] | set the ceilings for testosterone levels | 将运动员睾丸酮水平设置成 |
[21:59] | so much higher than the level of biological women | 高出正常女性这么多呢 |
[22:02] | and-and closer to testosterone levels of men? | 甚至更接近男性的睾丸酮水平 |
[22:04] | We are simply complying with international guidelines. | 我们只是在遵守国际准则 |
[22:07] | And-and not because you want men | 难道不是因为你想让男人 |
[22:09] | to be able to compete on the team? | 也能在队里有一席之地 |
[22:11] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[22:13] | Offensive. | 太无礼 |
[22:14] | I’m not the sensitivity police, | 我不是个敏感的执法人员 |
[22:16] | and this is a pertinent question, so I’ll allow it. | 这是个相关的问题 我允许这么提问 |
[22:19] | Uh, it has been established here that you delayed | 已经确定你推迟了 |
[22:22] | the qualifying meet for, uh, two months. | 资格赛两个月了 |
[22:25] | The swimmers needed more time to train. | 游泳运动员需要更多的时间训练 |
[22:26] | Uh, isn’t it true that without that delay, | 如果不延期的话 |
[22:29] | Sadie Lipton wouldn’t have qualified for the Olympics? | 萨迪·立普顿将无缘奥运赛 是真的吗 |
[22:31] | Her times were consistently excellent. | 她的运动生涯一直很完美 |
[22:33] | Yes, but her testosterone levels | 是的 但是她的睾丸酮水平 |
[22:35] | wouldn’t have otherwise been low enough long enough. | 不拖延就达不到足够时间和低水平的标准 |
[22:39] | Without that delay, she couldn’t have met | 没有那次延期 她就不可能 |
[22:41] | the 12-month requirement. | 达到一年低水平的要求 |
[22:42] | I believe that’s true. | 没错 |
[22:45] | So… | 这么说来 |
[22:46] | the delay helped Sadie a lot more than it helped anyone else. | 延迟比赛对萨迪的帮助远大于对其他人的帮助 |
[22:50] | Right? | 是这样吗 |
[22:51] | That was not the intent. | 本意不是这样的 |
[22:54] | That’s good to know. | 很高兴知道这些 |
[23:06] | Hello, Julius. | 你好 朱利叶斯 |
[23:08] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:11] | You always wear the visitor badge? | 你总是戴着访客徽章吗 |
[23:15] | I’m always a visitor. | 我总是访客身份 |
[23:16] | Sorry I’m late. I was glad to get your call. | 抱歉我迟到了 我很高兴接到你的电话 |
[23:19] | We have a lot to discuss. | 我们有很多事要讨论 |
[23:20] | – You start. – Sure. | -你先说 -没问题 |
[23:22] | A rocket docket? | 火箭程序 |
[23:23] | That’s not quite what we were discussing. | 和我们之前讨论的有些差别啊 |
[23:26] | What were we discussing? | 我们之前在讨论什么 |
[23:30] | Let’s see your cell phone. | 看看你的手机 |
[23:37] | – I’m not recording. – Yeah. | -我没有录音 -嗯 |
[23:40] | The rocket docket is not only unjust. | 火箭程序不仅不公平 |
[23:42] | It works for the angry. I don’t represent the angry. | 只对愤怒的人有用 我不代表他们 |
[23:44] | Who do you represent? | 那你代表谁 |
[23:46] | People who like order and control. | 喜欢秩序和掌控的人 |
[23:49] | – People in the government. – Maybe. | -政府里的人 -也许 |
[23:51] | Now, here’s a question for you. | 有个问题问你 |
[23:54] | Do you want to go further? | 你想走得更远吗 |
[23:56] | Do you want a seat on the circuit court? | 你想当巡回法院法官吗 |
[23:58] | That depends on what I have to do. | 那要看我要做什么了 |
[24:02] | Stop with the adolescent rebellion. | 停止你这种青春期反叛 |
[24:04] | No rocket docket. | 停止火箭程序 |
[24:06] | When I say someone needs help, help him. | 当我说有人需要帮助时 帮帮他 |
[24:09] | And if I don’t? | 如果我不这么做呢 |
[24:17] | The two thorns in my side. | 我身边的两根刺 |
[24:19] | My husband says hello. | 我丈夫代我向你问好 |
[24:21] | Here’s the thing about melodramatic moves like this. | 像这样戏剧性的行为 |
[24:24] | They never work. | 从来没成功过 |
[24:25] | Whenever I copy something I see in the movies, | 每当我学在电影里看到的东西时 |
[24:28] | I just get hurt. | 总是遍体鳞伤 |
[24:29] | Is that a threat? | 这是威胁吗 |
[24:33] | I’ll be seeing you two. | 我们再见吧 |
[24:39] | You need to move. | 你得让一下 |
[24:52] | That’s him? | 就是他 |
[24:53] | Yep. | 对 |
[24:58] | Uh, get his license plate. | 记住他的车牌 |
[25:03] | It’s a new car. He doesn’t have one. | 是辆新车 没有车牌 |
[25:08] | – There he goes. There he goes. – Yeah. I see, I see. | -他转弯了 -我看到了 |
[25:13] | Jesus, he drives like a maniac. | 天啊 他开车像个疯子 |
[25:15] | More like someone who’s never gotten a ticket. | 更像是从来没收过罚单的人 |
[25:20] | Jesus. | 老天 |
[25:25] | He’s speeding up. | 他在加速 |
[25:26] | It’s not helping to narrate this, Marissa. | 当旁白帮不上忙 梅丽莎 |
[25:32] | Someone’s following us. | 有人在跟踪我们 |
[25:33] | What? | 什么 |
[25:34] | Who is that? | 那是谁 |
[25:35] | Oh no. Are they together? | 糟糕 他们是一起的么 |
[25:37] | I don’t know. Maybe they’re gonna squeeze us. | 不知道 也许他们会夹击我们 |
[25:39] | – What is that? – He’ll skid to a stop, | -你说什么 -他会停下来的 |
[25:40] | they’ll close us in, and then they’ll strafe us. | 他们会把我们夹起来 然后扫射我们 |
[25:43] | Stop talking. | 别说了 |
[25:49] | Watch out! | 小心 |
[25:53] | Fuck, fuck, fuck! | 该死 |
[25:54] | – Fuck you in the face, fuck! – Back up! Come on! | -去你妈的 -倒车 快点 |
[25:56] | – Back up! – Get him to move! Get him to move! | -倒车 -让他倒车 |
[25:57] | He won’t move. You need to back up. | 他不会动的 你得退后 |
[25:59] | – Fuck you. B-Bump his ass. – No. That’s not gonna do it. | -去你的 撞他车尾 -不行 不可能 |
[26:02] | Fucking hellfire! What the fuck are you… | 该死的 你他妈的是什么 |
[26:04] | You’re in the fucking way! | 你挡道了 |
[26:05] | – Why are you swearing so much? – What? | -你为什么满嘴污言秽语 -什么 |
[26:06] | Because you fucked everything up. | 因为你把一切都搞砸了 |
[26:07] | I had him, and now you’re in the fucking way! | 我本来能抓到他了 现在你们挡道了 |
[26:10] | – Wait, you’re not following us? – What? | -等等 你不是在跟踪我们 -什么 |
[26:23] | – Did you get it? – Uh, yeah. | -你拍到了吗 -拍到了 |
[26:25] | We lost him. | 我们把他跟丢了 |
[26:26] | He lost us. He was driving like a psychopath. | 他把我们甩掉了 他开车就像个疯子 |
[26:28] | But there was something else. A woman was following us. | 但还有别的事 有个女人在跟踪我们 |
[26:31] | Following you? Why? | 跟踪你们 为什么 |
[26:32] | She said she was following the guy, too, and we got in the way. | 她说她也在跟踪那家伙 但我们挡了她的路 |
[26:35] | We ran her plates. | 我们查了她的车牌 |
[26:37] | Her name is Linda Shuck. | 她叫琳达·沙克 |
[26:39] | Do you have her address? | 你有她的地址吗 |
[26:45] | So… | 所以 |
[26:47] | are you in? | 你参选吗 |
[26:53] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[26:54] | A question’s good. Shoot. | 有问题是好事 问吧 |
[26:57] | I’m seeing someone. | 我在跟人约会 |
[26:59] | – He or she? – She. | -他还是她 -她 |
[27:01] | – Married? – No. | -已婚吗 -不 |
[27:02] | We’re both single, consenting adults. | 我们是两情相悦的单身成年人 |
[27:07] | But… | 但是… |
[27:13] | She might have some… | 她可能有些… |
[27:19] | issues. | 问题 |
[27:20] | – What kind of issues? – Who is she? | -什么样的问题 -她是谁 |
[27:23] | I’d rather not say. | 我不想说 |
[27:25] | Fine. What issues? | 行 什么问题 |
[27:27] | A certain level of possible… | 可能有一定程度的… |
[27:31] | corruption. | 腐败 |
[27:33] | Get rid of her. Do it now. | 跟她分手 马上 |
[27:36] | Why? | 为什么 |
[27:37] | You said there was corruption there. | 你说有腐败问题 |
[27:39] | There might be. | 有可能 |
[27:40] | So find out for certain and show you want it. | 把这事搞清楚 向我们证明你想参选 |
[27:43] | Adrian, we want you, | 阿德里安 我们想让你参选 |
[27:45] | but you have to want this. | 但你自己也必须想参选才行 |
[27:47] | And wanting it requires sacrifice. | 而且想要参选就得牺牲 |
[28:01] | 比安卡·斯凯 想要视频聊天吗 | |
[28:06] | Hello. | 喂 |
[28:08] | What do you think about this one? | 你觉得这个怎么样 |
[28:09] | I have no idea where I’m gonna put it, | 我不知道要把它放在哪里 |
[28:10] | – but I think I need it. – Yeah. | -但我觉得我需要它 -对 |
[28:12] | I’ve always heard you should walk away from the thing you want, | 我一直听你说应该远离你想要的东西 |
[28:15] | and if it’s still on your mind the next day, | 如果第二天你还想着它 |
[28:16] | then that means it’s yours. | 就表示它是你的 |
[28:18] | One day, I’m gonna disavow you of your sensibleness. | 总有一天 我会拒绝你的理智 |
[28:20] | So, what’s up? | 所以 怎么了 |
[28:22] | Nothing. I… Just a question about last week. | 没什么 我只是对上周的事有点疑问 |
[28:25] | St. Lucia? It was fun, wasn’t it? | 圣卢西亚吗 玩得很开心 不是吗 |
[28:29] | I’m fairly sure I conjured this call. | 我很肯定我得打这个电话 |
[28:31] | You’ve been on my mind. We need a celebration dinner ASAP. | 我一直在想着你 我们得尽快举行庆祝晚宴 |
[28:34] | What are we celebrating? | 庆祝什么 |
[28:35] | Your poker skills. | 你的牌技 |
[28:37] | And your newfound wealth. | 还有你的新财富 |
[28:40] | Dinner’s on you. | 你请客 |
[28:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:52] | Dr. Lola Pell. | 洛拉·佩尔医生 |
[28:53] | Chief endocrinologist at University of Chicago. | 芝加哥大学首席内分泌学家 |
[28:56] | I study hormones. | 我是研究荷尔蒙的 |
[28:57] | Thank you for testifying, Doctor. | 谢谢你来作证 医生 |
[28:59] | Now, the U.S. Olympic Committee is using testosterone | 目前 美国奥委会用睾丸酮水平 |
[29:04] | to decide who is a man and who is a woman in sports. | 来确定运动员的性别 |
[29:08] | What’s your opinion of that? | 你对此有什么看法 |
[29:08] | We’re talking sex, not gender, yes? | 我们是指生理性别 而非社会性别 对吗 |
[29:11] | Well, how are we describing the difference? | 这两者有什么区别 |
[29:13] | Sex is about the biological differences between men and women. | 生理性别是指男人和女人之间的生理差异 |
[29:17] | Gender is about personal identity. | 而社会性别则与个人身份有关 |
[29:19] | Okay, I got it. Uh, you can answer. | 好 我明白了 你可以回答 |
[29:21] | Testosterone is a flawed way to determine sex in sports. | 用睾丸酮作为确定运动员性别的方法有缺陷 |
[29:26] | Trans women are born male. | 跨性别女性生来是男性 |
[29:28] | They’ve gone through male puberty. | 她们经历过男性发育期 |
[29:30] | As a result, they have longer limbs, | 所以 她们的四肢更长 |
[29:32] | bigger heart and lungs, | 心肺功能更强大 |
[29:34] | maybe even better muscle memory. | 也许还有更好的肌肉记忆 |
[29:36] | In elite sports, | 在竞技体育中 |
[29:38] | just a one percent advantage can make a huge difference. | 仅仅百分之一的优势就会造成巨大的差异 |
[29:43] | So, even after lowering someone’s testosterone level, | 所以 就算降低了某人的睾丸酮水平 |
[29:45] | they still aren’t exactly playing | 她们与生来就是女性的运动员 |
[29:47] | on a level playing field with women born as women? | 也不是在完全公平的环境中竞争 |
[29:50] | – Exactly. – Thank you. Thank you. | -没错 -谢谢 谢谢 |
[29:53] | Dr. Pell, you’ve stated here | 佩尔医生 你在这里说 |
[29:55] | that testosterone levels are an imperfect gauge of sex. | 睾丸酮水平并不是检测性别的完美方法 |
[29:59] | But can you identify a better one? | 但你能找出一个更好的方法吗 |
[30:06] | Given where we are in medicine right now, | 鉴于目前的医疗水平 |
[30:09] | no. | 不能 |
[30:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[30:14] | Okay, counselors, anything else? | 好 律师们 还有问题吗 |
[30:16] | – Okay, Liz… – Redirect? | -好了 莉兹 -要再次质询吗 |
[30:20] | No. You do it. | 不 你来 |
[30:22] | – Liz. – You do it. | -莉兹 -你来 |
[30:26] | Dr. Pell, you said that testosterone is the most | 佩尔医生 你说睾丸酮是最准确和客观的 |
[30:30] | accurate and objective test of sex. | 检测性别的方法 |
[30:33] | What about genitalia? | 那生殖器呢 |
[30:34] | Wouldn’t deciding based on that | 根据生殖器来确定性别 |
[30:36] | be just as accurate and objective? | 不够准确客观吗 |
[30:38] | Yes, it’s an objective factor. | 对 这确实是一个客观因素 |
[30:41] | And if the criteria were genitalia, | 如果以生殖器为标准 |
[30:45] | where would this new swimmer, | 那这位新来的游泳运动员 |
[30:47] | Sadie Lipton, land? | 萨迪·立普顿应该在哪个队 |
[30:48] | On the men’s team. | 在男队 |
[30:49] | Objection. Hypothetical. | 反对 这是假设 |
[30:51] | The question has already been answered. | 证人已经回答了这个问题 |
[30:52] | I’m just trying to understand | 我只是在尝试理解 |
[30:54] | what everybody is saying. | 各位说的话 |
[30:55] | Your Honor, the transgender swimmer, Sadie Lipton, | 法官阁下 跨性别游泳运动员萨迪·立普顿 |
[30:58] | has male genitalia. | 有男性生殖器 |
[31:00] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[31:02] | A penis? | 有阴茎 |
[31:03] | And he’s swimming as a woman? | 而他作为女人参加游泳比赛 |
[31:06] | With all due respect, Your Honor, | 恕我直言 法官阁下 |
[31:07] | Sadie Lipton is a woman | 萨迪·立普顿是女人 |
[31:10] | and should be referred to as “she.” | 应该用”她”来指代 |
[31:11] | But she was a he? | 但她曾经是他 |
[31:14] | And now he… | 而现在他… |
[31:15] | uh, she is swimming as a woman? | 她作为女人参加游泳比赛 |
[31:20] | The judge is on our side. Don’t you think? | 法官站在我们这边 你不觉得吗 |
[31:23] | Uh, it was effective. | 进展不错 |
[31:25] | We’re gonna win this. | 我们会赢的 |
[31:29] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[31:30] | It’s a petition signed by the associates. | 这是律师签署的请愿书 |
[31:32] | And the assistants. | 还有助理 |
[31:33] | People are pissed off, | 大家都很愤怒 |
[31:34] | so we decided to respectfully express our displeasure | 所以我们决定恭敬地表达我们 |
[31:39] | with your smear of a transgender swimmer. | 对你对跨性别游泳运动员的诋毁的不满 |
[31:41] | No more transphobia. | 不要跨性别恐惧 |
[31:43] | No more. | 不要 |
[31:44] | – It’s not okay. – No more. | -这样不对 -不要这样了 |
[31:50] | You’re attacking an oppressed minority. | 你是在攻击一个受压迫的少数群体 |
[31:52] | And we think Reddick/Boseman, | 我们认为雷&博律所 |
[31:54] | of all firms, should know better. | 相比于其他律所 应该更理解这点 |
[31:55] | – I understand. – Then why are you doing it? | -我明白 -那你为什么还这么做 |
[31:59] | Because it’s a strategy. | 因为这是一种辩护策略 |
[32:00] | – Hate isn’t a strategy. – This is not hate. | -仇恨并不是一种策略 -这不是仇恨 |
[32:03] | You can’t pit women’s rights against trans rights. | 你不能把女性权利和跨性别者权利放在对立面 |
[32:06] | There is an epidemic of transgender violence. | 跨性别暴力非常普遍 |
[32:08] | Especially women of color getting attacked and murdered. | 尤其是有色人种女性经常遭遇攻击和谋杀 |
[32:11] | Right. But Melanie Evers is the victim in this instance. | 对 但梅拉妮·埃弗斯在此案是受害者 |
[32:14] | And we are fighting for her rights | 我们在为她争取她的权益 |
[32:15] | because Melanie Evers is our client. | 因为梅拉妮·埃弗斯是我们的客户 |
[32:18] | Now, here’s a young African American athlete | 她是一位年轻的非裔美国运动员 |
[32:20] | who has worked her whole life for this, | 为运动事业奉献了自己的一生 |
[32:23] | and now someone just-just takes it away from her? | 现在有人说夺走这一切就夺走 |
[32:26] | But I don’t think that means that we should… | 但我觉得这不意味着我们应该 |
[32:27] | No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 |
[32:28] | Wait a second, now, look, now, look. | 等一下 听我说 听我说 |
[32:29] | We-we-we appreciate your input, | 我们很感谢你们的意见 |
[32:32] | and we will take your opinions into consideration. | 我们会考虑你们的意见的 |
[32:36] | What we will not do is abandon Melanie Evers or this case. | 但我们不会放弃梅拉妮·埃弗斯或这个案子 |
[32:48] | – We need to rethink. – Why? | -我们需要重新考虑一下 -为什么 |
[32:49] | – Because of this? – No. | -就因为这个 -不是 |
[32:53] | Because they’re right. | 因为他们说得对 |
[32:56] | This is generational, Adrian. | 我们和他们有代沟 阿德里安 |
[32:57] | They get this better than we do. | 在这点上他们比我们做得更好 |
[32:59] | Liz, I’ve won awards from organizations | 莉兹 我从各种性少数群体组织中 |
[33:01] | covering every one of the letters LGBTQ. | 获奖无数 一个不落 |
[33:05] | And that is the | 你这话说得就像 |
[33:06] | transgender equivalent of “I got a black friend.” | “我有个黑人朋友”的跨性别者版本 |
[33:10] | What are our options? | 我们还有什么选择 |
[33:11] | You reframe Melanie’s case as a… | 你把梅拉妮的案子重新包装成一个 |
[33:14] | a feminist issue. | 一个女权问题 |
[33:15] | And we leave out the anti-trans tone. | 我们摈弃反跨性别语论 |
[33:18] | That’s, that’s the right approach. | 这才是正确的办法 |
[33:20] | Not if it means we lose, Liz. | 会让我们输就不是 莉兹 |
[33:24] | Now, this is not about politics. | 这和政治无关 |
[33:25] | This is about rules. | 这事关规则 |
[33:27] | Are the Olympic rules fair or not? | 奥运会规则公平与否 |
[33:30] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[33:31] | In life, that’s never all. | 在现实生活中 绝非这么简单 |
[33:38] | So I heard you ended up buying the Birkin. | 所以我听说你后来买了一个铂金包 |
[33:41] | How did you hear that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[33:43] | I know the shopkeeper. | 我认识店主 |
[33:44] | I may have asked them to give you a discount. | 找我可以让他们给你打折 |
[33:46] | I’m still wrapping my mind around how much I spent on it. | 花了这么多钱买了个包 我还没回过神来呢 |
[33:50] | Buyer’s remorse. | 买家的懊悔 |
[33:52] | More like a delayed sticker shock. | 更像是慢一拍的高价惊厥 |
[33:57] | You know what’s great? | 你知道好处是什么吗 |
[33:59] | It’s not just a purse. | 这不仅是个包 |
[34:01] | It’s an announcement. | 还是一则宣告 |
[34:03] | – An obnoxious announcement. – Oh, come on. | -一个让人反感的宣告 -得了 |
[34:05] | How many black women do you know that own a Birkin? | 你认识几个有铂金包的黑人女性 |
[34:07] | Let’s be obnoxious for once. | 让别人反感去吧 |
[34:14] | We did some damage. | 我们还真是破费不少 |
[34:15] | Glad this one’s on you. | 幸好是你请客 |
[34:25] | Did you… get your winnings from the game? | 你拿到打牌赢的钱了吗 |
[34:29] | I didn’t win. | 我又没赢 |
[34:31] | Not like you did. | 不像你 |
[34:35] | Tickets to the Bulls. | 公牛队比赛门票 |
[34:38] | I didn’t know you were a fan. | 不知道你还是个球迷 |
[34:39] | Judge O’Hare thought I was | 奥黑尔法官觉得我是 |
[34:41] | after endorsing him for the bench. | 我为他坐上法官之位背过书 |
[34:46] | What else? | 还有什么 |
[34:48] | Friends and family discount at Neiman Marcus. | 内曼·马库斯百货的亲友折扣 |
[34:51] | There was a, a zoning issue. | 之前有个土地划分的案 |
[34:55] | That’s where I got this. | 这就是他们送给我的 |
[34:56] | Looks… very pretty on you. | 你穿起来很漂亮 |
[35:02] | Oh, I got Judge Woodbent | 我让伍德本德法官 |
[35:06] | a speaking engagement on a murder mystery cruise | 做了偏袒裁决 然后给他在谋杀神秘邮轮上 |
[35:09] | after a favorable ruling. | 发表演讲的机会 |
[35:11] | “A murder mystery cruise”? | “谋杀神秘邮轮” |
[35:12] | His wife loved it. | 他老婆很喜欢 |
[35:14] | That’s it, right? | 就这些了吧 |
[35:16] | Presided over a heroin arrest. | 审理了一次海洛因收缴案 |
[35:18] | Substitute teacher, sent her to rehab. | 送了一名代课老师进戒毒所 |
[35:21] | Her father was a Mercedes dealer. | 她父亲是奔驰经销商 |
[35:24] | I got a lease. | 我得了一份租约 |
[35:25] | No money down. | 没花钱 |
[35:27] | And I bought shares in a tech stock before the IPO was announced. | 我在一科技公司宣布首次公开募股前买了股份 |
[35:31] | The CEO was going through an ugly divorce. | 公司总裁离婚闹得很僵 |
[35:34] | I knew the judge. | 我认识他离婚案的法官 |
[35:36] | He told me when to sell. | 他告诉我什么时候卖掉股份 |
[35:37] | Right before it tanked. | 我就在大跌前抛售了股份 |
[35:41] | So… | 所以… |
[35:44] | do I pass, master? | 我通过了吗 主人 |
[35:55] | Charlotte? | 夏洛特 |
[36:03] | Hey, Charlotte. | 夏洛特 |
[36:08] | What about the memo? | 那个备忘录呢 |
[36:16] | The one that Julius asked you about. | 朱利叶斯问过你的那个备忘录 |
[36:19] | How come you didn’t… | 你今晚怎么 |
[36:23] | mention it tonight? | 怎么没提过 |
[36:28] | Because it won’t be a problem. | 因为那不是什么问题 |
[36:32] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[36:37] | Because it’s the solution. | 因为那是解决办法 |
[36:58] | Sadie Lipton. I’m a swimmer. | 萨迪·立普顿 我是一名游泳运动员 |
[37:01] | Could you tell us what swimming means to you, Sadie? | 请告诉我们游泳对你意味着什么 萨迪 |
[37:05] | I was four years old when I first got in a pool, | 我第一次下游泳池是四岁 |
[37:07] | and it was magic. | 我感觉很神奇 |
[37:09] | Outside of the pool, on land, | 游泳池之外 陆地上 |
[37:11] | I felt like everything was wrong. | 我觉得一切都是错的 |
[37:13] | I felt so stuck. | 我感觉寸步难移 |
[37:16] | In a-a body that didn’t feel like mine. | 我被束缚在一个感觉不属于自己的身体里 |
[37:19] | I didn’t feel right in the rest of the world, | 在这世界上的其它地方我都浑身不自在 |
[37:21] | but in the water I had grace and strength. | 但在水里 我拥有了优雅和力量 |
[37:25] | I belonged. | 水里是我的归属 |
[37:27] | How has the swimming community handled your transition? | 游泳界是如何看待你的转变的 |
[37:31] | Most swimmers have seen how hard I’ve worked | 大部分游泳选手都看到我有多么 |
[37:34] | at my swimming, at owning who I am, and, | 刻苦地训练游泳 多么努力地做自己 |
[37:37] | of course, at following all the rules. | 当然了 还有努力遵守所有的规则 |
[37:39] | And you have, indeed, followed all the rules | 而且你确实遵守了所有的规则 |
[37:43] | to qualify for competition? | 以获得参加比赛的资格 |
[37:44] | Absolutely. And it wasn’t easy. | 当然 但这并不轻松 |
[37:48] | When I compete in Tokyo, | 等我在东京比赛的时候 |
[37:49] | it looks like I’ll be the first trans athlete in the Olympics. | 我应该就能成为奥运会中第一位跨性别运动员 |
[37:52] | Do you feel you have a physical advantage because you’re trans? | 你是否觉得因为你是跨性别者而具有生理优势 |
[37:56] | Every great athlete has unusual features. | 每一位伟大的运动员都有不同寻常的特质 |
[37:58] | No one says it’s unfair that Simone Biles is only | 没人会觉得西蒙·拜尔斯只有一米四五 |
[38:01] | four-foot-eight, even though that’s part of what makes her | 是一种不公平 即使正是因此才让她成为了 |
[38:03] | an incredible gymnast. | 一名无与伦比的体操运动员 |
[38:05] | It’s only when someone is trans that people start calling | 只有当涉及到跨性别者时 大家才会认为 |
[38:08] | certain characteristics unfair. | 具有某些特征是不公平的 |
[38:10] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 我没有其他问题了 |
[38:16] | Ms. Lipton, I first want to congratulate you | 立普顿女士 首先我要恭喜你 |
[38:19] | on all of your success, | 目前所取得的所有胜利 |
[38:20] | and for making it onto the Olympic team. | 还顺利入选了奥运代表队 |
[38:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[38:24] | Now, three years ago, wouldn’t you agree | 那么三年前 你是否同意 |
[38:27] | that it didn’t seem very likely that you would be | 自己不太可能入选奥运代表队去东京参赛 |
[38:29] | heading to Tokyo? | 这样的一个说法 |
[38:30] | I think it’s hard to judge | 我认为在离奥运会开赛的三年前 |
[38:31] | three years out from a competition. | 是很难做出这个定论的 |
[38:33] | Well, at the, uh, World Aquatic Championships | 可是在2017年的 |
[38:36] | in 2017, uh, | 世界游泳锦标赛 |
[38:39] | you, uh, actually didn’t even place | 你其实甚至连前二十名都没进入 |
[38:42] | in the top 20. Isn’t that true? | 这难道不是真的吗 |
[38:45] | Yes. | 是真的 |
[38:48] | Uh, in fact, um… | 事实上… |
[38:56] | Strike that. | 我收回 |
[38:57] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 我没有其他问题了 法官阁下 |
[38:59] | One second, Your Honor. | 容我们商量一下 法官阁下 |
[39:01] | Sure. Take your time. | 好的 不着急 |
[39:02] | – Why not? – What are you doing? What are you doing? | -有何不可 -你在干什么 你想干什么 |
[39:04] | You want this, you do it. | 你想去问 那你去问 |
[39:13] | Uh, Ms. Lipton, just a couple more questions. | 立普顿女士 我还有几个问题 |
[39:16] | The following year, | 在下一年 |
[39:19] | at the championships in 2018, | 2018年的锦标赛上 |
[39:22] | you again finished outside the top 20, correct? | 你又一次没有冲进前二十名 对吗 |
[39:26] | – Yes. – In fact, | -是的 -事实上 |
[39:27] | it’s only by swimming against women | 只有和女性竞技游泳的时候 |
[39:30] | that you get to go to the Olympics. | 你才有资质去参加奥运会 |
[39:31] | Is the plaintiff really arguing that Ms. Lipton | 原告真的想要辩论立普顿女士 |
[39:35] | identifies as a female just to swim in the Olympics? | 性别认同为女性的目的只是为了参加奥运会吗 |
[39:38] | I think he is. | 我想是的 |
[39:40] | And, uh, I’m gonna continue the questioning | 如果你不继续的话 |
[39:44] | if, if you don’t. | 我就接着提问了 |
[39:47] | Ms. Lipton, isn’t it only because you compete as a woman | 立普顿女士 你以女性身份参赛 |
[39:51] | that you could qualify for the top five? | 才让你能够跻身前五名之列 对吗 |
[39:54] | I can train so much harder now that I’m happy. | 我现在活得开心所以能更刻苦训练 |
[39:56] | Uh, excuse me. | 什么 |
[39:57] | Uh, could you repeat that? I didn’t hear. | 麻烦你再说一次 我没听见 |
[40:00] | I can train harder now that I’m happy. | 我现在活得开心所以能更刻苦训练 |
[40:12] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:21] | Linda Shuck? I’m Diane Lockhart… | 琳达·沙克 我是戴安·洛哈特… |
[40:24] | Yeah, I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[40:26] | I think we have a common interest. | 我想我们有共同的兴趣 |
[40:28] | You don’t know who the fuck I am? | 你连我是谁都不知道吗 |
[40:30] | I– no. | 我 不认识 |
[40:31] | You’ve seen me about a dozen times. | 你已经见过我很多次了 |
[40:33] | – Where? – In court. | -在哪 -在法庭上 |
[40:35] | I’m a court stenographer. | 我是一名法庭速记员 |
[40:36] | Oh, my gosh. No, I do know you. | 天哪 不对 我确实认识你 |
[40:47] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[40:50] | You’re a bit of a collector. | 看来你是位收藏家 |
[40:53] | Yeah, well, I don’t trust the Internet, | 还行吧 其实因为我不太相信网络 |
[40:55] | only paper, so… | 只相信纸 所以… |
[40:57] | This is every court case I’ve ever worked on. | 这边是每一个我在法庭上处理过的案子 |
[41:00] | And this is every court case | 而这边是其余法院 |
[41:02] | from the rest of the courthouse. | 我没处理过的案子 |
[41:04] | And the bedroom is 1998 through last year. | 卧室里的案子是从1998年到去年的 |
[41:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:12] | Because someone is burying cases. | 因为有人在掩盖案件 |
[41:18] | Memo 618? | 618号备忘录 |
[41:24] | Do you know who? | 你知道是谁干的吗 |
[41:27] | No. Do you? | 不知道 你知道吗 |
[41:28] | I might. | 也许吧 |
[41:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:33] | I don’t see any reason why we can’t work together. | 我真心觉得我们可以合作 |
[41:39] | How do I know I can trust you? | 我如何确定我能相信你呢 |
[41:42] | You can’t, but… | 你不能 不过… |
[41:44] | I’m trusting you. | 我相信你 |
[41:52] | Okay, what do you want to know? | 好吧 你想知道什么 |
[41:54] | Who is doing this? | 是谁在做这件事 |
[41:55] | Memo 618. Who’s using it? | 618号备忘录 谁在用它 |
[41:58] | The Office of Legal Counsel. | 法律顾问办公室 |
[42:02] | The Department of Justice? | 司法部吗 |
[42:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:06] | How do you figure it? | 你怎么发现的 |
[42:12] | *We’re sorry that we’ve been away so long* | *很抱歉我们离开了这么久* |
[42:16] | *And now we know that what we did was wrong* | *但现在我们知道这么做错了* |
[42:20] | *If it’ll ease your apprehension* | *希望这能缓解你的焦虑* |
[42:22] | *We promise not to mention* | *我们保证在这首歌里* |
[42:25] | *Censorship in China in this song* | *不会提中国的审查机制* |
[42:29] | *Starting now* | *正曲开始* |
[42:30] | *What is the Office of Legal Counsel?* | *法律顾问办公室是什么* |
[42:35] | *We love the Constitution, but it’s just a basic map* | *我们都爱宪法 但那只是基础的地图* |
[42:39] | *Sometimes at the edges you can find a little gap* | *有时在地图的边缘你能发现一个小缺口* |
[42:43] | *And when they want to sign an order* | *当他们想要签署一道命令的时候* |
[42:45] | *To ensure legality* | *为了确保合法性* |
[42:48] | *The president picks up the phone* | *总统拿起了电话* |
[42:50] | *And calls the OLC* | *打给了法律顾问办公室* |
[42:52] | *Then some lawyers get together* | *一些律师聚在了一起* |
[42:54] | *And decide what they should say* | *决定他们应该说什么* |
[42:57] | *And they write it in a memo and they lock it away* | *然后他们写在备忘录里 再把它锁起来* |
[43:01] | *And then it’s law, secret law* | *这就是法律 神秘的法律* |
[43:05] | *You don’t know, they won’t tell you* | *你一无所知 他们无可奉告* |
[43:09] | *Secret law* | *这神秘的法律* |
[43:13] | *Free-thinking independent members of the bar* | *律师协会中有自由思想的独立成员* |
[43:16] | *Are not supposed to be political* | *本不应该被政治化* |
[43:19] | *But, whoops, sometimes they are* | *但一不小心他们就面目全非了* |
[43:21] | *It’d be nice if the judicial branch* | *那样多好啊 如果司法机构* |
[43:23] | *Would get the chance to say* | *有机会说一句* |
[43:25] | *If all the rules they make are kosher* | *他们制定的所有法律条文都洁净无瑕* |
[43:27] | *We just don’t know either way* | *我们无从得知* |
[43:29] | *It’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma* | *这被谜团包裹的谜团* |
[43:33] | *Made of fog* | *拨不开的云雾* |
[43:34] | *It’s the hidden hand that holds the tail* | *一只看不见的手抓住尾巴* |
[43:36] | *That’s wagging the dog* | *小狗般被随意摆布* |
[43:38] | *And it’s law, secret law* | *这就是法律 神秘的法律* |
[43:42] | *You don’t know, they won’t tell you* | *你一无所知 他们无可奉告* |
[43:46] | *Secret law.* | *这神秘的法律* |
[43:51] | I went through every photo, every newsreel, | 有关法律顾问办公室 |
[43:53] | every bit of B-roll I could find | 我翻遍所有照片 电视新闻 |
[43:54] | about the Office of Legal Counsel. | 所有我能找到的被剪掉的补充素材 |
[43:56] | So, 1942, | 1942年 |
[43:59] | the OLC justified FDR | 法顾办将罗斯福签署的 |
[43:59] | 可驱赶任何被认为是危险分子的人 到一个指定的军事区域进行囚禁 | |
[44:00] | signing Executive Order 9066. | 第9066号行政命令合理化 |
[44:02] | Uh, the Japanese internment camps? | 针对日裔美国人的拘留营吗 |
[44:04] | Yeah. Look at the bill he signed. | 是的 你看他签署的法案 |
[44:11] | I don’t see anything. | 我什么也看不到 |
[44:12] | I had to blow it up, like, 50 times. | 我不得不把它放大 50倍呢 |
[44:14] | This is Memo 618. | 这就是618号备忘录 |
[44:17] | In 2002, John Yoo of the OLC | 2002年法顾办的约翰·佑 |
[44:21] | drafted the “Torture Memos.” | 起草了”酷刑备忘录” |
[44:22] | But before those memos came out, | 但在那些备忘录出现之前 |
[44:25] | this was Donald Rumsfeld at a press conference. | 这是唐纳德·拉姆斯菲尔德在新闻发布会 |
[44:30] | – What am I looking at? – I got a lip reader. | -让我看什么 -我找人读了唇语 |
[44:33] | Look. Right there. He’s saying it. | 你看就那儿 他在说 |
[44:34] | “We got it. Memo 618.” | “处理好了 618号备忘录” |
[44:38] | Now, in 2019, Robert Mueller insists a president | 2019年罗伯特·穆勒坚持 |
[44:42] | can’t be indicted. | 总统不能被控告 |
[44:43] | But there is never a law anywhere that said that. | 但并没有法律支持这一点 |
[44:46] | Just an old memo written by the OLC in 1973. | 仅凭73年法顾办的一份备忘录 |
[44:49] | It’s never been reviewed, never vetted in any court of law. | 从没被查过 从没受到法律审查 |
[44:52] | And before Mueller reached that decision, there was this. | 穆勒发表意见前 还有这个 |
[44:59] | So, the same lip reader, I got to do this, too. | 那个懂唇语的人也跟我解释了 |
[45:02] | “Well, sir, are you worried?” | “总统 你担心吗” |
[45:03] | “No, I have Memo 618 in my back pocket. | “不 我有618号备忘录护体 |
[45:07] | I’m gonna be great. I’m gonna be fine.” | 我会很好的 我会没事的” |
[45:09] | So, what is it? | 那究竟是什么 |
[45:12] | What is Memo 618? | 618号备忘录是什么 |
[45:16] | Well, it’s when the presidency or Department of Justice knows | 就是如果总统职位或司法部觉得 |
[45:19] | they need a law, but it just hasn’t been drafted yet. | 需要一部法律 这法律却还没起草 |
[45:23] | So they know they need an immediate order | 他们知道需要有个及时有效的命令 |
[45:24] | to get what they want. | 以达到自己的目的 |
[45:25] | FDR knows | 罗斯福知道 |
[45:26] | he wants to imprison Japanese-Americans, | 他想囚禁日裔美国人 |
[45:28] | Bush knows he needs to torture, uh, | 布什知道他需要酷刑 |
[45:31] | Trump knew he wanted to not be indicted. | 特朗普知道他不想被控告 |
[45:33] | And they all knew that eventually | 而他们都知道 |
[45:34] | they were gonna need a law to support it, but | 最终需要有法律保护 |
[45:37] | in the meantime, there’s Memo 618. | 就在这时候 诞生了618号备忘录 |
[45:47] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[45:57] | To be honest, I’m torn. | 说实话 我很痛苦 |
[45:59] | Ms. Evers, Ms. Lipton, | 埃弗斯女士 立普顿女士 |
[46:01] | clearly you’re both extraordinary young athletes, | 两位显然都是卓越的年轻运动员 |
[46:05] | both disciplined, talented. | 都训练有素 天赋异禀 |
[46:09] | Nobody could ask you to work any harder than you do. | 没有人会指责你们不够努力 |
[46:11] | But the law is clear, | 但法律是明确的 |
[46:14] | and rules are rules. | 规定就是规定 |
[46:16] | Ms. Lipton is eligible to compete, | 立普顿女士有资格参加比赛 |
[46:19] | and the plaintiff’s motion is denied. | 原告的动议被驳回 |
[46:32] | So you agree, I should move some of my supply chain | 那你是同意我把一部分供应链 |
[46:35] | – to the Caymans? – 100%. | -转移到加曼群岛了 -百分百同意 |
[46:37] | – Good. You’ll make it happen? – Today. | -好 你会搞定吗 -就今天 |
[46:40] | And, of course, there are significant tax benefits. | 当然了 还涉及明显的缴税优势 |
[46:43] | I’ll leave that to you. | 这就交给你了 |
[46:48] | So I heard you were showing | 我听说你让我同事 |
[46:49] | my colleague some of the finer things in life. | 大开眼界了 |
[46:53] | Lucca. Yes. She told you? | 卢卡 是的 她跟你说的吗 |
[46:56] | Yes, your little card game. | 是的 你们玩纸牌游戏 |
[46:59] | She cleaned up. | 她赚翻了 |
[47:01] | Isn’t that fantastic? | 是不是好极了 |
[47:03] | Well, it would be | 当然了 |
[47:05] | if she ever got the money. | 也得等她拿到钱 |
[47:09] | – I’m sorry. What? – Uh, nothing. | -不好意思你说什么 -没什么 |
[47:10] | I’m probably speaking out of turn. | 可能轮不到我说话 |
[47:13] | She hasn’t been paid yet? | 她还没拿到钱吗 |
[47:16] | Zara, what are you saying? | 萨拉 你什么意思 |
[47:18] | Why didn’t the check go out? | 为什么支票没发出去 |
[47:20] | Get her the cash now. | 赶紧弄现金给她 |
[47:23] | Geraldine. | 杰拉汀 |
[47:26] | Oh, don’t you worry, I am calling Tee next. | 你别急 我下一个就打给媞 |
[47:28] | Okay, here’s the deal. | 这样 说好了 |
[47:31] | Either you pay Lucca today, | 要么你今天付钱给卢卡 |
[47:32] | or I start adding a ten grand late fee every day. | 要么我每天给你加个一万滞纳金 |
[47:38] | I’m taking care of it. | 我可以搞定 |
[47:48] | There’s something I want to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[47:50] | Adrian. Adrian. | 阿德里安 阿德里安 |
[47:56] | – You should look at this. – What is it? | -你得看下这个 -是什么 |
[47:58] | Some of Sadie’s teammates went to a private doctor | 萨迪的队友为了帮她 就去找私人医生 |
[48:00] | to test their testosterone to help her in her case. | 测试了自己的睾丸酮水平 |
[48:03] | I got this from the doctor. | 我从医生那拿到的 |
[48:10] | How’d you get this? | 你怎么做到的 |
[48:11] | I’d rather not say. | 我不想说 |
[48:14] | There. | 就那 |
[48:24] | We just learned that there’s another swimmer | 我们刚得知奥运队伍里 |
[48:26] | on the Olympic team with testosterone levels | 还有一名游泳选手的睾丸酮水平 |
[48:28] | – above the limit. – Which one? | -高于标准 -谁 |
[48:31] | Piper Vega? | 派珀·维嘉 |
[48:32] | No way. Piper’s not trans. | 不可能 派珀不是跨性别 |
[48:34] | I-I would know, I’m like a mentor. We-we train together. | 我知道的 我就像导师跟她一起训练 |
[48:37] | It’s not about being trans. | 这跟跨性别无关 |
[48:39] | We have the test results, Melanie. | 我们拿到测试结果 梅拉妮 |
[48:43] | Are you willing to go back to court? | 你愿意继续上诉吗 |
[48:45] | Even if it means that Piper gets kicked off the team? | 但这意味着派珀会被踢出队伍 |
[48:54] | Why didn’t you tell me you hadn’t been paid? | 你怎么没跟我说你没拿到钱 |
[48:56] | I feel like an idiot. | 我感觉自己白痴一样 |
[48:57] | – It’s-it’s okay. – It’s not okay. | -没事的 -不 |
[49:00] | David filled me in. | 大卫告诉我了 |
[49:02] | Thank you, David. | 多谢了 大卫 |
[49:03] | Actually, I’m glad he said something | 其实我还挺高兴他开口了 |
[49:05] | because you were never going to. | 因为你也不打算说 |
[49:06] | I meant to bring it up at dinner. | 吃饭时我本来想提的 |
[49:08] | But you didn’t for some reason? | 但出于某种原因没提 |
[49:10] | I don’t understand what’s going on. | 我不懂是怎么回事 |
[49:13] | Suddenly you’re tongue-tied, you’re hesitant. | 你突然就张口结舌 欲言又止 |
[49:15] | I mean, I know our friendship is, like, ten minutes old, | 我也知道咱俩的友谊还没那么深 |
[49:17] | but I don’t think this is you. | 但这也太不像你了 |
[49:19] | It’s not. Usually. | 确实不像我 不像通常的我 |
[49:21] | I have no trouble talking about my clients’ money, obviously. | 如果要讨论客户的钱 我显然没有问题 |
[49:25] | But my own? It just, it-it feels… wrong. | 但如果是我自己的钱 就感觉不对 |
[49:30] | Well… get over it. | 那…克服一下 |
[49:35] | I don’t think I can. | 恐怕我做不到 |
[49:38] | We’re friends, and you have this… | 我们是朋友 而你坐拥 |
[49:42] | wealth, and it’s… | 大笔财富 要跟你 |
[49:44] | uncomfortable to talk about | 谈钱 要钱 凡是和钱相关 |
[49:47] | or ask about or anything about. | 我开不了口 |
[49:49] | – It’s just money. – Not to people | -只是钱而已 -对没钱的人来说 |
[49:52] | who don’t have it. | 不止是钱的问题 |
[49:55] | Money defines people. | 金钱定义了我们每一个人 |
[49:58] | I can’t do what you do | 我就不能做你做的事 |
[50:00] | or go where you go or buy what you buy. | 不能去你去的地方 不能买你买的东西 |
[50:04] | That’s the great divide. | 那是我们俩之间的鸿沟 |
[50:06] | And it’s hard to get over. | 而且难以逾越 |
[50:13] | – I’m on your side. – I know. | -我在你这边 -我知道 |
[50:16] | And I want to be on yours. | 我也想在你那边 |
[50:23] | Dr. Pell, have you had a chance | 佩尔医生 你是否 |
[50:26] | to go over the medical records of Piper Vega? | 查看了派珀·维加的就医记录 |
[50:30] | I have. | 看了 |
[50:31] | What were her testosterone numbers, please? | 请问她的睾丸酮数值是 |
[50:33] | She was tested twice. | 经过两次测试 |
[50:35] | One was 11.6, one was 12.3. | 分别是11.6和12.3 |
[50:38] | And the allowable limit for Olympic eligibility is 10, | 而要获得奥运资格 所允许的最值是10 |
[50:43] | – correct? – Yes. No more than 10. | -是吗 -是的 上限为10 |
[50:46] | Doctor, what’s the basis of | 医生 给睾丸酮定最高值 |
[50:47] | putting a cap on testosterone? | 是基于何种考虑 |
[50:49] | Higher numbers provide advantages | 睾丸酮数值越高 在速度和力量上 |
[50:51] | in athletic performance related to speed | 运动表现就会 |
[50:54] | – and strength. – Thank you. | -越有优势 -谢谢 |
[50:55] | Dr. Pell, these advantages that you speak of, | 佩尔医生 你刚才提到的这些优势 |
[50:57] | do they apply to Piper Vega? | 是否适用于佩珀·维加 |
[50:59] | No. Piper has a condition | 不适用 佩珀患有 |
[51:02] | known as complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. | 完全型雄激素不敏感综合征 |
[51:06] | While the testosterone levels are that of a cis male, | 尽管其睾丸酮水平与顺性别男性相同 |
[51:09] | the testosterone itself isn’t absorbed, | 但她的身体无法吸收睾丸酮 |
[51:12] | thus provide none of the relevant benefits. | 所以她并不能获得相应的优势 |
[51:16] | Uh, counselors, can you approach the bench, please? | 律师们 能否麻烦上前吗 |
[51:23] | Um, am I understanding that… | 你们的意思是不是 |
[51:27] | Piper Vega is biologically male? | 佩珀·维加是生理男性 |
[51:30] | No. All her external secondary traits are female, | 不是 她所有外部次级性状都是女性 |
[51:34] | she presents as female, | 她呈现的也是女性形象 |
[51:36] | but her chromosomes are male. | 但她有男性的染色体 |
[51:39] | Then what is she? | 那她是什么 |
[51:40] | Clinically, she’d be classified as intersex. | 临床上她会被归为间性 |
[51:43] | And does she know that she’d be classified as that? | 那她知道自己会被归为那个吗 |
[51:47] | As far as we know, Your Honor, she does not know. | 据我们所知 法官阁下 她并不知道 |
[51:49] | Then I’m assuming she has female genitalia? | 那我想她也有女性生殖器吧 |
[51:53] | She does. | 有 |
[51:58] | Any more questions, Counselor? | 还有问题吗 律师 |
[52:01] | – I do, Your Honor. – Okay. | -我有 法官阁下 -好的 |
[52:02] | Well, proceed. | 那 继续 |
[52:08] | Dr. Pell, you testified previously | 佩尔医生 你之前作证表示 |
[52:11] | that, imperfect though they may be, | 尽管并非十全十美 |
[52:15] | testosterone levels provide the most accurate | 但从运动竞技的角度 |
[52:18] | and objective determination of sex identity | 要判定生理性别 |
[52:21] | for purposes of athletic competition. | 睾丸酮水平是最准确和客观的指标 |
[52:25] | Is that still the case? | 现在是否仍然成立 |
[52:29] | – Yes. – Your Honor, | -是的 -法官阁下 |
[52:30] | the International Olympic Committee, uh, has established | 国际奥委会所设立的规章制度 |
[52:33] | these regulations by which they now must abide. | 是美国运动员必须遵守的 |
[52:36] | It gives me no satisfaction to argue that this young woman | 我不希望这么说 但是这位年轻女士 |
[52:40] | should be disqualified from the Olympic team. | 应该被奥运队取消资格 |
[52:47] | Ain’t science great? | 科学多伟大啊 |
[52:50] | I’m sitting up here listening to doctors give expert testimony | 我就坐在这上面 听着医生给出专家证言 |
[52:54] | about things I barely understand, | 说一些我很难懂的东西 |
[52:56] | and just because I’m wearing this black nightgown, | 仅仅因为我穿着这身黑睡袍 |
[53:00] | I get to decide which girl’s heart gets broken. | 就得由我决定该伤哪个姑娘的心 |
[53:04] | I mean, d-does anybody else want this job? | 有谁想干这个活儿的吗 |
[53:06] | Because I sure as hell don’t. | 我可实在不想 |
[53:11] | Piper Vega, I’m sorry. | 佩珀·维加 我很抱歉 |
[53:14] | You are a lovely young woman | 你很美好 你很年轻 |
[53:16] | and I hope you find happiness in your life, | 我希望你能够获得幸福 |
[53:20] | but unfortunately you’re… you’re not gonna find it here. | 可惜在这里是无法获得的 |
[53:24] | Melanie Evers, I’m guessing that during | 梅拉妮·埃弗斯 这么多年 |
[53:27] | all those cold, early-morning workouts with your mother, | 天不亮你母亲就带着你出门训练 |
[53:32] | this is not how you imagined you’d be going to the Olympics, | 这肯定不是你想要的获得奥运资格的方式 |
[53:36] | but based on standards that were set by some entity | 但基于坐落于某个遥远地方的 |
[53:41] | in some far-off place, you’ll be going. | 某家机构所设立的标准 你有资格 |
[53:45] | We stand adjourned. | 休庭 |
[53:54] | David. | 大卫 |
[53:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[54:00] | For? | 谢什么 |
[54:01] | Telling Bianca. I never thought… | 谢你告诉比安卡 我没想过 |
[54:03] | Lucca. | 卢卡 |
[54:05] | When you have money, I get ten percent for managing it. | 你的钱 我分一成管理费 |
[54:11] | That’s the only reason I did that. | 这是我告诉她的唯一理由 |
[54:20] | – I’m in. – You are? | -我参加 -确定吗 |
[54:22] | 1,000%. | 百分之一千 |
[54:25] | What about that issue you had? | 那你之前的问题呢 |
[54:27] | Ah, I took care of it. | 处理好了 |
[54:30] | Are you sure? | 确定吗 |
[54:32] | Frank… | 弗兰克 |
[54:35] | the issue’s gone. | 没有问题了 |
[54:37] | We should celebrate. | 我们应该庆祝一番 |
[54:39] | Anybody feel like a Scotch? | 谁要来一杯苏格兰威士忌 |