时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:41] | John… | 约翰 |
[00:42] | John, can you hear me? | 约翰 你能听到我说话吗 |
[00:48] | John… | 约翰 |
[00:50] | John. | 约翰 |
[00:51] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[00:52] | His legs, keep them still. | 他的腿 把他们放平 |
[00:55] | Keep them still. | 把他们放平 |
[00:59] | John… | 约翰 |
[01:00] | John | 约翰 |
[01:17] | Is he breathing? | 他还有呼吸吗 |
[01:19] | Yes, I think so. | 是的 我想是的 |
[01:21] | Let me see. | 让我看看 |
[01:24] | He needs to be more comfortable. | 他需要更舒适一点 |
[01:26] | Let’s get him upstairs. | 我们把他抬到楼上 |
[01:42] | What was he hit with? | 他被什么打的 |
[01:44] | Did you see? | 你看见了吗 |
[01:45] | It was a gun. It was the butt of a gun. | 是枪 有枪托的枪 |
[01:51] | Grace, Mary. | 葛蕾丝 玛丽 |
[01:53] | Warm water, please. | 请拿些热水 |
[02:00] | What’s the hot water for? | 热水用来干什么 |
[02:02] | To get the women downstairs. | 给楼下的女士 |
[02:07] | She’s strong – my mother. | 她很坚强 我妈妈 |
[02:11] | I’ll set him up with a drip. | 我要给他打点滴 |
[02:15] | There are 100 reasons why he needs to be in a hospital. | 他有无数理由必须去医院 |
[02:19] | But? | 但 |
[02:20] | The journey would kill him. | 他熬不过去的路途 |
[02:22] | Let’s hope he’ll still be with us tomorrow. | 期望他能熬过今晚 |
[02:43] | It’s all right, John. | 没事的 约翰 |
[02:46] | John. I’m here, it’s all right. | 约翰 我在这 没事的 |
[03:03] | I can’t…can’t remember. | 我记 记不得了 |
[03:06] | Hmm? | 唔 |
[03:10] | I can’t get it in my head what happened. | 我想不起了发什么事 |
[03:13] | I’ll help you. | 我会帮你的 |
[03:16] | Lovely boy. | 可爱的宝贝 |
[03:44] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[03:59] | Is Daddy going to die? | 爸爸是不是要死了 |
[04:00] | Don’t worry, he’s fighting. He’s a fighter. | 别担心 他正在战斗 他是个战士 |
[04:23] | You were there – the reporter on the scene. | 你在那里 现场记者啊 |
[04:26] | I’m not a reporter, I’m a diarist. | 我不是记者 我只是记叙员 |
[04:29] | What’s the name you write under? Countryman. | 你的笔名是什么 乡下人 |
[04:32] | No, you’re right. | 不 你是对的 |
[04:35] | What? | 什么 |
[04:36] | The diarist with his love of Cabbage Whites and English hedgerow, | 写日记的人带着他最爱的白卷心菜和英国灌木篱墙 |
[04:39] | suddenly in amongst a gang of professional agitators with | 突然出现在一伙有暴力意图 |
[04:43] | violent intent. | 的专业挑拨者中 |
[04:44] | It’s the newspaperman’s job to tell both sides of the story. | 多角度报道事情是新闻工作者的职责 |
[04:47] | Oh, yes. Journalistic objectivity. | 哦 是的 新闻的客观性 |
[04:50] | Two men went to mow a meadow. | 两个男人去割草 |
[04:52] | When they came back, the first man told the journalist | 当他们回来 第一个男人告诉新闻记者 |
[04:54] | the meadow had been beautifully mown, | 牧场被割得很漂亮 |
[04:56] | but the second man said not a blade of grass had been cut. | 但是第二个人说一片草也没割 |
[04:59] | But the journalist reported both sides of the story. | 但两种说法记者都得报道 |
[05:02] | I don’t understand what that means, it’s… | 我不明白那是什么意思 它 |
[05:04] | Go and look at the sodding meadow. | 去看看他妈的草地 |
[05:06] | I won’t do this! Won’t do what? | 我不会这样做 不会怎样做 |
[05:08] | I won’t be pushed into doing what you want. | 我不会被逼着去做你想的事 |
[05:11] | This was found. By one of the gamekeepers. | 发现了这个 一个猎场看守人发现的 |
[05:16] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[05:21] | This wasn’t a ramble, George. | 这不是一个随笔 乔治 |
[05:22] | This wasn’t about the right to picnic. | 这不是野餐的权利 |
[05:24] | These were men looking for a fight. | 这是男人找机会战斗 |
[05:26] | Why? Because they want to overturn everything we believe in. | 为什么 因为他们想推翻每一件我们所相信的事 |
[05:30] | Karl Marx had a donkey. Did you know? | 卡尔马克思有一头驴 你知道么 |
[05:34] | A man with a beard who rode his humble donkey | 一个有胡须的男人骑着他那头谦逊的驴子 |
[05:37] | all over Hampstead Heath. | 行遍汉普斯特荒野 |
[05:38] | Who did he think he was?! | 他以为他是谁 |
[05:41] | The next Messiah?! | 下一个救世主吗 |
[05:44] | George has an article to write. | 乔治要写一篇文章 |
[05:57] | If you swear like that once more in my presence I’ll send you | 如果你像那样在我面前再发一次誓 我将把你 |
[06:01] | back to Bradford where you belong without so much as a… | 送回你的故乡布拉德福特 没有过多的 |
[06:04] | by your leave. | 讨价还价 |
[06:08] | Bradford | 布拉德福特 |
[06:16] | We need a backup plan. | 我们需要一个备份计划 |
[06:39] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[06:43] | Were you in The Lamb the night before the trespass? | 在非法入侵前一晚你是在羊羔酒吧吗 |
[06:46] | Um, yes. | 嗯 是的 |
[06:48] | Who with? | 和谁在一起 |
[06:51] | Gilbert. Hankin? | 吉尔伯特 汉金吗 |
[06:53] | Why are you asking me this? And that teacher fella? | 你为什么问我这个 那个教师伙计吗 |
[06:56] | What are you doing about the gamekeepers… | 你对猎场看守人做了什么 |
[06:58] | Was the teacher in The Lamb? | 是羊羔酒吧里那个老师吗 |
[07:05] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[07:09] | You know his name. I want it from you. | 你知道他的名字 我想从你那获知 |
[07:11] | My father is upstairs with his head busted open | 我爸爸在楼上 他的头破了 |
[07:14] | from the gamekeepers at the Big House. | 是大房子里的猎场看守人干的 |
[07:17] | What are you doing about that? | 关于那个你怎么处理 |
[07:20] | Let me show you something. | 让我给你看一些东西 |
[07:23] | His blood! | 他在流血 |
[07:25] | His piss! Steady. | 他的尿液 冷静点 |
[07:27] | Steady? Steady?! | 冷静点 让我冷静点 |
[07:30] | With your bloody language, son. | 注意用你血腥的语言 小子 |
[07:31] | Get out. | 出去 |
[07:35] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[07:37] | You heard me. | 你听到了 |
[07:39] | Name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[07:40] | My name is Grace Middleton and you will leave my house now! | 我的名字是葛蕾丝 米德尔顿 你立刻离开我的房子 |
[07:51] | You want to wash this table, Mrs Middleton. | 你得擦下这个桌子 米德尔顿夫人 |
[07:55] | You did this. | 是你做的 |
[07:56] | You and the bastards you look after at the Big House | 你和你看着的的大房子里的混蛋 |
[07:59] | did this to my father. | 对我父亲干了这些 |
[08:02] | This isn’t over. | 这事没完 |
[08:37] | When I was a boy, | 当我还是个孩子 |
[08:41] | our neighbour… | 我们的邻居 |
[08:43] | Jack Laidlaw, his name was, | 他的名字是 杰克 莱德劳 |
[08:46] | he went blind. And, er… | 他瞎了 然后 |
[08:49] | ..He gave me the only book that he had. | 他把他唯一的书给了我 |
[08:52] | It was about Stanley, the explorer. | 一本关于探险家斯坦利的书 |
[08:55] | Doctor Livingstone, I presume? | 我猜是 利文斯顿医生吧 |
[09:02] | I was so worried about you. | 我很当心你 |
[09:24] | Hats off, hats off. | 帽子脱掉 帽子脱掉 |
[09:26] | What have I told you? Come on, seats, sit down. | 我告诉过你什么 过来 座位 坐下 |
[09:36] | Were you in The Lamb on the Friday before the trespass? | 在非法入侵前的周五你在羊羔酒吧吗 |
[09:41] | We have people saying you were. | 有人说你在 |
[09:43] | Who? Bert Middleton. | 谁 伯特米德尔顿 |
[09:46] | They didn’t even ask me if I’d seen who did it. | 他们甚至没有问我是否看见谁干的 |
[09:51] | Well, did you? See it? | 嗯 你呢 看见了 |
[09:56] | He came in from the side. | 他从边上走进来 |
[09:58] | It was fast but… Father should have seen him coming. | 很快 但是 神父应该看见他进来了 |
[10:03] | He didn’t even… | 他甚至没有 |
[10:06] | He was just staring. | 他只是凝视 |
[10:10] | What were he staring at? | 他凝视什么 |
[10:13] | Margaret. | 玛格丽特 |
[10:17] | My Henry’s here. | 我的亨利在这 |
[10:18] | What, under your skirt? | 什么 在你裙子下面吗 |
[10:20] | No, he’s in the field with three of his pals, milking the cows. | 不 他和三个伙伴在田里 挤牛奶 |
[10:24] | They’ll keep doing it for as long as you need them to. | 只要你需要 他们会一直干下去 |
[10:26] | Margaret… I’ll show ’em job. | 玛格丽特 我去给他们介绍下工作 |
[10:32] | Straight upstairs? Yes. | 直接上楼吗 是的 |
[10:40] | He’s still in The Lamb, you know? Bill Gibby. | 他还在羊羔酒吧 你知道吗 比尔吉比 |
[10:45] | He’s hasn’t run off like most politicians would. | 他没有像大多数政治家一样逃跑 |
[10:48] | And have the police been to see him? | 警察看见他了吗 |
[10:50] | I don’t know. Why? | 我不知道 怎么这么问 |
[10:52] | Oh, they’ll have him marked out as the leader, won’t they? | 哦 他们会指认他是领导者 不是吗 |
[10:56] | Him or you, Grace, from what I hear. | 根据我听到的 是他或者是你 葛蕾丝 |
[11:00] | John will set it all straight when he wakes up. | 约翰清醒之后会让大家清楚的 |
[11:03] | We’ve just got to hope and pray his memory’s still there. | 我们只希望并祈祷他还记得 |
[11:32] | These fits are dangerous. | 这阵子很危险 |
[11:34] | He’s having too many of them and we have to stop them. | 他有很多人 我们得阻止他们 |
[11:49] | What if he dies without Bert and Mary being here to say goodbye? | 如果他就这么死了 伯特和玛丽甚至都来不及和他道别 那该怎么办 |
[11:54] | If we’re going to do this, | 如果我们真的要这么做的话 |
[11:55] | we’re going to have to be quick about it. | 我们就得速战速决 |
[12:03] | I want you to hold his head… | 我要你握住他的手 |
[12:05] | very, very still. | 保持不动 |
[12:12] | -Will he feel anything? -We don’t think so. | -他会感觉到吗 -应该不会 |
[12:14] | -But you don’t know? -This has to happen, Grace. | -但是你并不确定 是吗 -这终究是要发生的 葛蕾丝 |
[12:24] | -Are you all right? -Hmm-mm. | -你还好吗 -嗯 |
[12:27] | -Very still. -Hmm. | -保持不动 -嗯 |
[12:36] | The pressure on the brain’s making him have the fits. | 施加在大脑上的压力会使得他突然发作 |
[12:40] | This will relieve the pressure. | 而这样做可以减轻压力 |
[12:47] | Very still, Grace. | 保持 葛蕾丝 |
[13:00] | Can you hear me? | 你听得见我说话吗 |
[13:06] | John… | 约翰 |
[13:09] | John, can you hear me? | 约翰 你能听到我吗 |
[13:28] | It was… an almost impossible journey. | 那是一个 几乎不可能实现的旅程 |
[13:33] | Tsetse fly, | 采采蝇 |
[13:35] | malaria, cholera, the heat, the water. | 疟疾 霍乱 高温 潮湿 |
[13:41] | I have marked on the map the route that he took. | 我在地图上把他走的路线标了出来 |
[13:44] | Bagamoyo, Kingaru, | 巴加莫约 金加鲁 |
[13:48] | Kikoka, | 基科卡 |
[13:49] | Kisemo… | 基色莫 |
[13:57] | ..Er, Mahata… | 呃 马哈他 |
[14:00] | ..Usagaro, Ugogoya. | 乌萨加鲁 乌高戈亚 |
[14:16] | I’d go anywhere and do anything to be with you. | 只要能和你在一起 无论去哪儿 无论做什么 我都愿意 |
[14:25] | I’m going to talk to George. | 我要和乔治谈谈 |
[14:27] | -Martha… -This will be hard – very, very hard. | -玛莎 -我知道这会很艰难 非常非常的艰难 |
[14:31] | But… | 但是 |
[14:35] | ..When it’s over, we can begin a straightforward life. | 一旦一切了结了 我们的未来就会是一片光明 |
[14:41] | I’ve tried to be good when I should have been honest. | 在我应该诚实的时候 我努力做一个好人 |
[14:53] | I’ll be here. | 我一直在这儿 |
[15:01] | Be gentle. | 温柔一点 |
[15:07] | What does he say? | 他说了什么 |
[15:08] | He says he’ll be a witness if the police prosecute Bert. | 他说如果警察们起诉了伯特 他会出面作证 |
[15:12] | So he saw, then? | 所以说他看见了 然后呢 |
[15:14] | That’s good, Grace. | 那很好 葛蕾丝 |
[15:20] | Is that all, in the letter? | 信里所说的就是这些吗 |
[15:22] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[15:24] | Oh, a letter, from Bill Gibby, pledging his support. | 哦 一封信 是比尔吉比写来的 保证说他会支持的 |
[15:30] | He’ll be hoping Father dies. | 他是希望爸爸死去吧 |
[15:34] | Then he’ll have a martyr to make history out of. | 那样就有一个殉道者来供他信口开河了 |
[15:37] | John Middleton and the Allingham Trespass, | 约翰米德尔顿 和 非法闯入阿林厄姆 |
[15:40] | Gibby, the champion of the martyred poor… | 吉比 那个拥护可怜的殉道者的人 |
[15:43] | He’s not like that. | 他不是那样的人 |
[15:46] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[15:59] | What is he like? | 那他是什么样的人 |
[16:07] | He’s passionate. | 他热情洋溢 |
[16:10] | And he’s happiest when he’s communicating that passion. | 而他最开心的就是向他人传达这热情的时候 |
[16:14] | And I’ve had the benefit of that… | 我就从中获益良多 |
[16:17] | ..And I’ll always be grateful to him for… | 因而我总是对他充满感激 |
[16:21] | for lifting my gaze, Margaret. | 因为是他使我昂起了头颅 玛格丽特 |
[16:23] | “Take a look at the world,” He said. | 他说 看看这个世界吧 |
[16:25] | “You don’t have to look downwards just because you’re poor | 你没有必要一直埋着头 就因为你贫穷 |
[16:28] | “Or because you’re a woman.” | 或是因为你是个女人 |
[16:38] | We should change his dressing. | 我们应该给他换套衣服 |
[17:07] | “Communists and firebrands bussed in from Sheffield | 共产党员和叛乱者从谢菲尔德和曼彻斯特而来 |
[17:09] | “And Manchester to lead a violent and unlawful…” | 是为了领导一场激烈的违法 |
[17:16] | I’m doing what the family requires of me. | 我在做家族所要求我做的 |
[17:28] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[17:40] | I know how to make yourself feel better. | 我知道怎样能让你感觉好点 |
[17:42] | -I used to do it a lot. -How? | -我曾经这么做过很多次 -怎么做 |
[17:58] | Your turn. | 轮到你了 |
[18:09] | One more – together. Ready? | 再来一次 一起来 准备好了吗 |
[18:30] | The man with the map! | 哦 拿着地图的男人 |
[18:33] | I taught his son. We’ve become friends, actually. | 我给他的儿子上课 实际上 我们算是亦师亦友 |
[18:39] | Bert is… | 伯特是 |
[18:41] | Were you in The Lamb the Friday before the trespass? | 非法潜入之前的那个星期五 你在羊羔酒吧吗 |
[18:44] | Um… Yes. | 唔 是的 |
[18:48] | Have you been up to the farm? | 你去了农场吗 |
[18:50] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[18:52] | Have you got a map of Allingham land? | 你有没有拿到阿林厄姆地区的地图 |
[18:56] | No. | 没有 |
[18:59] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[19:09] | This one of yours, map man? | 这是你的吧 地图男 |
[19:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:15] | Did you mark these public footpaths? | 你把公用小径都标出来了吗 |
[19:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:19] | Not many, are there? | 没有很多这样的小径吧 |
[19:21] | No. | 是的 |
[19:24] | Can I be honest with you? | 我和你坦白说吧 |
[19:27] | It’s a scandal. | 这可是个丑闻 |
[19:32] | Makes your blood boil. | 能使你热血沸腾 |
[19:37] | “It’s a scandal, to be, honest, that there | 坦白来说 这十分丢脸 |
[19:40] | “Are so few paths for public use on Allingham land. | 阿林厄姆地区居然只有这么些公用小径 |
[19:44] | “It makes my blood boil.” | 而这使我热血沸腾 |
[19:52] | Your mother died, didn’t she? | 你的妈妈去世了 是吗 |
[19:54] | Yes, she did, when I was your age. | 是的 她去世了 就在我和你差不多大的时候 |
[19:59] | Is my father going to die? | 那我的爸爸也要死了吗 |
[20:05] | Probably. | 大概吧 |
[20:07] | He might survive, because he’s strong and cussed. | 他或许能幸存下来 因为他既强壮又顽强 |
[20:13] | But… it’s more likely that he’ll die. | 但是 他更有可能死去 |
[20:18] | Is it always better to tell the truth? | 说出事情的真相就一定是最好的吗 |
[20:20] | It can be painful, but, yes. | 虽然很痛苦 但那样会更好 |
[20:25] | I saw Mr Eyre and Mrs Allingham. | 我看见艾尔先生和阿林厄姆太太 |
[20:29] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[20:30] | I didn’t like it. | 我不喜欢那场景 |
[20:32] | Wh… What were they doing? | 那他们那时在做什么 |
[20:35] | It was like they were kissing without actually kissing. | 就像似亲非亲那样 |
[20:39] | What shall I do? | 我该做些什么呢 |
[20:45] | Give it to me to worry about. | 让我来担心这些吧 |
[20:48] | I’ll have it. You’ve enough on your plate. | 我来保管这个秘密 你已经够忙的了 |
[20:58] | Back to your witness statement. | 回到你的目击陈述 |
[21:00] | The Lamb, the Friday before the trespass? | 在羔羊酒吧 非法入侵案前的礼拜五 |
[21:03] | “Three men spoke to the minister with the map. | 三个人拿着地图和部长大人在谈话 |
[21:11] | “I know the three men to be…” | 我知道那三个人应该是 |
[21:27] | Bert Middleton, Gerard Eyre, Gilbert Hankin. | 伯特米德尔顿 杰拉德艾尔 吉尔伯特汉金 |
[21:31] | What did the map show? | 地图描绘的是什么 |
[21:33] | Allingham land. | 阿林厄姆的土地 |
[21:35] | So I’d be wrong to think | 他们在谈论些什么 |
[21:36] | that that’s what they were talking about? | 让我猜我肯定猜不出来 |
[21:41] | “They were talking about Allingham land | 他们一边在谈论阿林厄姆的土地 |
[21:47] | “Whilst looking at the map.” | 一边看着地图 |
[21:56] | I want to try and tell you about what I saw. | 我想试着告诉你我看到了什么 |
[21:59] | And I mean the fighting. Our gamekeepers… | 我是说那场打斗 我们的猎场看守者 |
[22:01] | My job has always been very clear to me – get the truth. | 我很清楚我自己的职责 那就是找出真相 |
[22:04] | That’s it. Which is why I want the best evidence. | 所以我想拥有最好的证据 |
[22:08] | Right. | 没错 |
[22:10] | You’re a bloody hero! And you’ve suffered for it! | 你他妈的是个英雄 你已经为此而受苦过了 |
[22:13] | You witnessed four years of horror and you witnessed yesterday | 你目击了四年的惨状而你昨天又目睹了 |
[22:16] | when those people fought your gamekeepers. | 到底是什么时候那些人和你的猎场看守者打斗 |
[22:18] | You were there in the woods, but your mind – in no man’s land. | 你当时在树丛里 但是你的大脑一片空白 |
[22:21] | You’d lost control. Am I right? | 你失去了控制 我说的对吗 |
[22:23] | You can’t help me with the truth about who fought who. | 你不能帮我弄清是谁和谁打斗这个事实 |
[22:26] | The truth is too precious | 真相太珍贵所以不能 |
[22:27] | to risk obscuring with doubtful evidence. | 拿不确定的证据来含混过关 |
[22:29] | I won’t have it. But in The Lamb? | 我不会这么做的 在羔羊酒吧 |
[22:33] | You with a drink, hearing what those other men were saying? | 你喝着酒 听到其他人说些什么了吗 |
[22:36] | That’s solid ground. That’s proper truth. | 这是充分的证据 可能是真相 |
[22:46] | Sign here. | 在这签字 |
[22:55] | No. | 不 |
[22:59] | You take your time. I’ll leave it with you. | 那你慢慢来吧 我把这留这 |
[23:13] | Go on, Mary. | 继续往前 玛丽 |
[23:19] | You were on your way to Liverpool. | 在你去利物浦的路上 |
[23:22] | Were you running towards something or away from something? | 你在追寻什么还是你在逃避什么 |
[23:28] | Would you have stopped in Liverpool? | 你曾可能会停驻在利物浦吗 |
[23:31] | America? | 美国 |
[23:35] | So, running away, then. | 是为了逃跑么 |
[23:40] | From what, Bert? | 为了什么 伯特 |
[23:44] | How were you going to afford it? | 你如何支付的起开销 |
[23:48] | He… He gave me money. | 他给了我钱 |
[23:50] | He’s like a brother to me. | 他就像一个哥哥 |
[23:54] | Mr Eyre. | 艾尔先生 |
[24:00] | You can be happy here, Bert. | 在这你会感到愉快的 伯特 |
[24:03] | This farm can be everything you’re after. | 这个农场有你要的一切 |
[24:31] | You’ve spoken to all the individuals involved? | 你已经对涉及其中的每个人都谈过话了吗 |
[24:34] | We’re not in a position to look at specific violence. | 我们还不足够评判这是否是明确的暴力行为 |
[24:37] | We’ll come down hard elsewhere. Elsewhere? | 我们将会对某些方面进行申诉 某些方面 |
[24:39] | Thought. | 思想 |
[24:41] | I beg your pardon? | 可以再说一次么 |
[24:43] | Three or more people with a common purpose or an intent to help | 三个或更多的人为了同一个目的或者意图去通过武力 |
[24:46] | one another by force | 去帮助另一个人 |
[24:47] | if necessary against any person who may oppose them. | 如果有必要会对抗站在他们对立面的人 |
[24:51] | And what’s that? | 那是什么 |
[24:52] | It’s what these thugs thought. Also known as a riot. | 这就是这些暴徒的想法 也被认为是暴动行为 |
[24:59] | What about John Middleton? | 约翰米德尔顿怎么样 |
[25:01] | Drunk, wife beater, embittered, defeated… | 酒鬼 穿白背心 愤怒的 有挫败感的一个人 |
[25:05] | All your gamekeepers are | 你的猎场看护者都说 |
[25:06] | saying that he looked like a man possessed. | 他看起来就像着魔了一样 |
[25:08] | There’s a history of moral hysteria in his family. | 他的情绪失控症有家族史 |
[25:11] | God knows what he would have done… Thank you, Sergeant. | 天知道他都做了些什么 谢谢你 警官 |
[25:19] | You two know each other? | 你们熟识对方吗 |
[25:21] | It’s been a few years, but, yes. | 有几年了 |
[25:24] | You know this could define my political life? | 你知道这会限定我的政治生涯 |
[25:27] | What are you frightened of? | 你在恐惧些什么 |
[25:29] | The left love a victim, and when they get one | 他们对受害者有爱心 当他们碰到一个受害者 |
[25:31] | they make one hell of a story out of it. | 他们会编出一个故事 |
[25:33] | Which is why I’ve taken control of the story. | 所以我已经接管了这个故事 |
[25:36] | Ours will be out first, the first story usually wins. | 我们编的故事将第一个呈现 第一个往往会取得胜利 |
[25:38] | And Hankin? Oh, he’ll be fine. | 至于汉金 他会没事的 |
[25:41] | Look, this goes to the Assizes, we’ll get a jury. | 听着 这需要法令的帮助 我们必须说服陪审团 |
[25:44] | You can’t influence a jury. | 你影响不到陪审团的 |
[25:46] | But a magistrate, there’s room for manoeuvre. | 但是法官 总会有余地来诱惑他的 |
[25:50] | And what will they get? | 他们会得到什么 |
[25:52] | They’ll go to prison. | 他们将会去监狱 |
[25:55] | How was George? | 乔治怎么样了 |
[25:56] | He didn’t sign his witness statement. But he will. | 他没签目击陈述书 不过他总会签的 |
[26:05] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[26:08] | The village. | 村子里 |
[26:10] | George is a man of real integrity – he takes the world | 乔治是个正直的人 |
[26:14] | and his place in it very seriously. | 他认真严肃地对待世界和他的地盘 |
[26:15] | And now he’s being tested. One would have thought that the | 如今他正在受着考验 人们本以为 |
[26:20] | one person to see that and to be alongside him would be his wife. | 那个注视着他并陪伴着他的那个人是他的妻子 |
[26:40] | How’s your dad? | 你父亲怎么样 |
[26:51] | The police have been asking me questions. | 警方一直在问我问题 |
[26:54] | What, you too? | 什么 你也是 |
[26:57] | Beer? | 来两杯么 |
[27:03] | Beer. | 喝 |
[27:16] | Margaret, your Henry can’t be here forever. | 玛格丽特 亨利不会在这出现了 |
[27:20] | And you’ve got… Sh, you’d do the same for me, wouldn’t you? | 你必须得 嘘 你对我故技重施 不是么 |
[27:24] | There you are, then. | 看来的确是了 那么 |
[27:28] | What did Bill Gibby say? | 比尔吉比怎么说 |
[27:31] | I haven’t spoken to him. | 我还没和他谈过 |
[27:34] | Well, why not? He can help. | 为什么 他能提供帮助 |
[27:36] | He offered, didn’t he? | 他以前提供过 不是么 |
[27:40] | Mary, you come home with us, love. | 玛丽 你跟我们回家 |
[27:42] | Phoebe, you sit with John so that Grace can go and see our Gibby. | 菲比 你坐在约翰旁边好让格蕾丝去看我们的吉比 |
[27:50] | Well, come on, then, what you waiting for? | 走吧 你还在等什么 |
[27:57] | I looked into it. Rout and Riot. | 我调查过 混乱和暴动 |
[28:03] | That’s what it’ll be if we’re put on trial. | 这是如果我们被审判就会被安的罪名 |
[28:09] | And? | 然后呢 |
[28:11] | Prison, if we’re found guilty. | 蹲大牢 如果我们被发现有罪 |
[28:17] | What’s it like? Prison? | 是什么 蹲大牢 |
[28:26] | It’d be the end of the farm. | 那农场的末日就会来到 |
[28:28] | Agnes and Sophie, I don’t know what they’d do. | 艾格尼丝和索菲 我不知道她们做了什么 |
[28:35] | Your whole class would get a long holiday. | 你的整个班级就会放长假 |
[28:37] | Or months and months of Martha Allingham. | 也会月复一月的见不到玛莎阿林厄姆 |
[29:09] | You’re still here. | 你还在这里 |
[29:11] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:14] | Why? | 为什么 |
[29:19] | I wanted to see you. Why? | 我想见见你 为什么 |
[29:22] | I feel responsible for what happened. | 我感觉我对所发生的一切负有责任 |
[29:27] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[29:40] | How is he? | 他怎么样了 |
[29:44] | Is he speaking? | 能开口说话了吗 |
[29:47] | Will he speak? | 那他会开口吗 |
[29:49] | We don’t know. | 我们还不知道 |
[29:53] | So when there’s a trial… They’ve spun it around. | 当有个审讯会的时候 他们颠倒黑白 |
[29:55] | They’re now calling it a riot and saying that my son’s a rioter. | 他们现在称之为一场暴动 还说我的儿子是个暴徒 |
[29:59] | But there’ll be no trial for the gamekeeper who tried to | 但是将不会有猎场看守人企图谋杀我丈夫 |
[30:02] | murder my husband. | 的审讯会 |
[30:06] | Did John…? Yes. He saw. | 那约翰他 没错 他看见了 |
[30:11] | He looked at me… | 他看着我 |
[30:14] | and he looked at you… | 他看着你 |
[30:16] | and he knew. | 他就懂了 |
[30:24] | I don’t want you hurt. | 我不想你受伤害 |
[30:27] | Whatever happens, I can’t have that. | 无论发生什么 我都无法接受你受伤害 |
[30:30] | You mean it’d be bad for your political career. | 你的意思是说它会对你的政治生涯有害无益 |
[30:38] | I’m in love with you. | 我爱着你 |
[30:44] | I won’t let anyone hurt you. | 我不会让任何人伤害你 |
[30:50] | You? | 你呢 |
[30:54] | I just want… Grace. You’ve come to see me. | 我只是想 葛蕾丝 你前来看到我 |
[31:00] | You’ve come this far. | 都到了这一步了 |
[31:04] | Answer my question. | 回答我的问题 |
[31:08] | I came for your help. I need your help. | 我前来寻求你的帮助 我需要你的帮助 |
[31:13] | You don’t love me? | 你不爱我吗 |
[31:22] | Don’t make me say it. | 别逼我说出来 |
[31:48] | Margaret! | 玛格丽特 |
[31:51] | It’s John, he’s got worse, where’s Grace? | 约翰他变得糟糕了 葛蕾丝在哪里 |
[31:53] | In The Lamb! | 在羔羊酒吧 |
[31:55] | Got to go. | 我先走了 |
[32:14] | How can I help you? | 有什么我可以帮您的吗 |
[32:16] | I would like a packet of crisps | 给我来一袋炸土豆片 |
[32:19] | and a word with our distinguished Magistrate. | 还有给我们高贵的法官大人的一句话 |
[32:27] | Oh, let me help you, Mr Bairstow. | 让我来帮您吧 贝尔斯托先生 |
[32:29] | We’re hoping the trespass case will go to trial. | 我们希望这起非法入侵案能够得到审理 |
[32:32] | I can’t preside over any hearing if my son is in the dock. | 如果我儿子出现在被告席 我就不能主持任何审讯会 |
[32:38] | Obviously. | 毫无疑问 |
[32:40] | Obviously. | 当然 |
[32:41] | I’m meeting Sergeant Westlake this afternoon. | 今天下午我会会见韦斯特莱克警官 |
[32:44] | He’s making his mind up who to arrest, who to charge. | 他会决定谁该逮捕而谁会被释放 |
[32:48] | I’ll let him know your position. | 我会让他知道你的立场的 |
[33:20] | Now, what are we to make of that? | 现在 我们该如何理解这一幕 |
[33:22] | I know exactly what to make of that! | 我很清楚该怎么来理解 |
[33:43] | What do we do? Phoebe? | 我们该怎么办 菲比 |
[33:51] | Paul told me when he was home on leave that last time that… | 在保罗回家休假时 他告诉我上次 |
[33:55] | when they bought the | 当他们把一度已经不省人事 |
[33:56] | wounded in that had been out in no man’s land | 的伤者带进去时 |
[34:00] | for a time… it was always the ones that had | 总是那些伤口中有蛆的人 |
[34:04] | maggots in their wounds that survived. | 能够存活下来 |
[34:40] | I’m so sorry, George. | 我很抱歉 乔治 |
[34:48] | Martha? | 玛莎 |
[34:53] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:48] | It will not happen. | 这再也不会发生了 |
[35:52] | I’ve just married one son off. | 我一个儿子刚刚娶了老婆 |
[35:54] | I’m not having the other one un-marry! | 我不会让另一个单身 |
[35:58] | Divorce is… | 离婚是 |
[36:00] | Don’t say it, Edmund. Do not say that word. | 别提到它 埃蒙德 不要提到那个字眼 |
[36:03] | Leaving my son for the village teacher! | 为了一个乡村教师离开了我的儿子 |
[36:06] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[36:10] | Perhaps it’s best if Harry spoke to Martha. | 如果哈利和玛莎谈谈或许是最好的 |
[36:13] | She’s good on bad behaviour. | 她擅长唱黑脸 |
[36:15] | Let me make one thing very clear. | 让我来强调一件事情 |
[36:18] | George will not agree to this. She will not have what she wants. | 那就是乔治不会答应的 她将不会得到她想要的 |
[36:22] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[36:23] | We’re finding out we’re made of, Edmund. | 我在找寻我们存在的意义 埃蒙德 |
[36:36] | Mother says that the world will end if you don’t save us. | 母亲说如果你不救我们 世界就到尽头了 |
[36:46] | Divorce! | 离婚 |
[36:48] | Eyre will be tried, he’ll be convicted | 艾尔将会被审判 他会被定罪 |
[36:50] | and he’ll be in Strangeways | 当他能说出拥有自由的权利时 |
[36:51] | Prison before he can say “Right to roam”. | 他就已经在陌路监狱了 |
[36:54] | Martha will have a good long stretch to get over him | 玛莎会尽力说服他 |
[36:57] | and return to the fold. | 让他浪子回头的 |
[36:59] | Hold our collective nerve? | 我们都站在她这边 |
[37:00] | And all will be well. | 一切都会解决的 |
[37:04] | Oh, here he is. | 哦 他来了 |
[37:07] | Hello, darling. | 嗨 亲爱的 |
[37:08] | The key to it all – | 但关键是 |
[37:10] | a prosecution witness who just so happens to be a war hero | 控方证人恰巧是一个战斗英雄 |
[37:13] | and a gentleman. | 也是一位绅士 |
[37:19] | You left it in the desk drawer. | 你把它忘在抽屉里了 |
[37:23] | Sorry? | 你说什么 |
[37:25] | Your witness statement – for signing. | 你的证人陈述书 就是你要签名的那个 |
[37:30] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[37:31] | I think that we should thank Mr Bairstow for everything | 我认为我们要感谢贝尔斯托先生 |
[37:36] | he’s doing for our family. | 为我们家族所做的一切 |
[37:51] | And… | 并且 |
[37:53] | there were women. | 也有女人 |
[37:56] | Mary Heys, trampled to death by cavalry, | 玛丽 海斯 被骑兵蹂躏至死 |
[38:00] | Sarah Jones, of repeated truncheon blows to the head | 莎拉 琼斯 被特种警察 |
[38:04] | by Special Constables. | 一再的棒打头部 |
[38:16] | Will you excuse me, children? I have to go now. | 很抱歉 孩子们 我得离开下 |
[38:20] | I am going to leave you in very good hands. | 我会把你们交给很好的老师教导 |
[38:25] | All lessons will continue as usual. | 所有课程都会照常上课 |
[38:29] | You have…nothing to worry about. | 你们 不必担心 |
[39:00] | The fourth victim, Margaret Downes, | 第四个受害者叫玛格丽特 唐斯 |
[39:03] | died from a stab wound to the chest. | 被刺穿胸膛而死 |
[39:12] | Sir. | 先生 |
[39:13] | Madam. | 女士 |
[39:15] | I’ve come to inform you that you’re no longer | 我前来通知你们 你们已不再是 |
[39:18] | a suspect in our enquiries, | 我们调查的嫌疑犯了 |
[39:19] | so please, feel free to carry on as normal. | 所以 你们可以像往常一样正常的过日子了 |
[39:28] | The question I ask myself is, what’s wrong wi’ me? | 我自己问自己 我到底做错了什么 |
[39:32] | Spit it out. | 有话直说 |
[39:34] | That’s what your mother were doing, | 这就是你母亲一直在做的事 |
[39:36] | last time I saw her in The Lamb. | 上次我在羔羊酒吧见到她 |
[39:39] | We all know what a useless man your father is. | 我们都知道你父亲多么没用 |
[39:44] | That’s why I offered her a piece of my pie. | 所以我给了她一块我的派 |
[40:01] | What are you doing?! | 你们在干嘛 |
[40:06] | Stop it now! Stop it now! Get off! | 住手 快住手 放手 |
[40:11] | Both of you, stop! Stop! | 你们俩统统住手 住手 |
[40:13] | What are you doing?! | 你们在干嘛啊 |
[40:15] | What were you doing, more like? | 你怎么不看看你们在干什么呢 |
[40:17] | No! | 住手 |
[40:27] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[40:28] | No… | 不 |
[40:40] | I’m glad it’s you. | 我很高兴是你 |
[40:43] | If it had to be someone in here with me, I’m … | 如果必须有人来这和我一起 我 |
[40:47] | ..I’m glad it’s you. | 我很高兴是你和我一起 |
[40:54] | You knew Bert was going to Liverpool | 你知道伯特要去利物浦了 |
[40:56] | and you didn’t try to stop him from leaving? | 而你并没有阻止他离开 |
[40:59] | No. | 没有 |
[41:01] | You? | 你呢 |
[41:03] | No. | 我也没有 |
[41:07] | I love him. | 我爱他 |
[41:09] | And you’d let him go? | 所以你要让他走 |
[41:11] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:14] | For love? | 是因为爱吗 |
[41:24] | When John and I were first married, | 约翰和我刚结婚的时候 |
[41:27] | he wanted everything to be right for me. | 他想要所有事都和我心意 |
[41:31] | There was a gate that used to swing shut on you and it hit me | 有一扇摇晃着快要倒下的大门 |
[41:36] | once and I had a bruise for a day or two. | 我被它击中 瘀伤一两天都没消 |
[41:39] | John found a round stone and he… | 约翰找到了一块圆形石头 |
[41:42] | he worked it with another | 他用另一块石头当杵子 |
[41:43] | stone like a pestle and mortar so the first | 把圆形石头 |
[41:45] | stone had a hole in it. | 凿了个洞 |
[41:46] | It was to stand the gate in when he opened it. | 以后每当他开门的时候就用这块石头来固定住大门 |
[41:52] | He made me come and look at it when it he’d finished. | 他完成的时候带我来看过 |
[41:56] | He wanted me to try the gate in the hole that he’d made. | 他要我试着把大门推到他凿开的那个洞里 |
[42:02] | It was his way of telling me that he loved me. | 这就是他表达爱我的方式 |
[42:06] | But it was cold and it was raining, so I went inside. | 但当时很冷而且下雨 所以我直接进屋了 |
[42:12] | I should have listened better. | 我该更好地听他说的话的 |
[42:15] | I should have had the patience to hear what he was saying. | 我该更加耐心的去倾听他说的话 |
[42:19] | You still can. | 现在开始也不晚 |
[42:23] | You’ve an old head on young shoulders, Phoebe Rundle. | 你心思太重了 菲比 伦德尔 |
[42:28] | Is there nothing goes by you? | 你有做错过任何事情吗 |
[42:30] | How do maggots help an infected wound get better? | 蛆虫怎能让感染的伤口愈合呢 |
[42:36] | They eat dead tissue, and the wound, we hope… | 他们吃掉坏死的组织 而伤口 我们希望它 |
[42:41] | ..Heals. | 可以痊愈 |
[42:48] | The innocent party | 无辜的一方 |
[42:49] | has to want the divorce. And I’m not sure he does. | 想要离婚 但我不确定他是不是真的无辜 |
[42:53] | And then there’s evidence of adultery. That’s the only grounds. | 然后他们得到了通奸的证据 那是他们唯一的证据 |
[42:58] | Isn’t it enough that… | 但那还不足够 |
[42:59] | Sex is the only thing the divorce courts are interested in. | 性行为是离婚法庭唯一关注的事情 |
[43:02] | Even if George was in favour, there has to be actual evidence. | 即使他们偏袒乔治 我们也证据确凿 |
[43:07] | So the question is – | 所以问题是 |
[43:09] | are you prepared to be caught at it, | 你准备好在一间绝望的酒店 |
[43:12] | in a desperate hotel room by a desperate detective? | 房间里被一个绝望的侦探捉获了吗 |
[43:16] | Is that a price worth paying? | 这一切值得吗 |
[43:57] | This was a riot. | 这是暴动 |
[43:59] | These men were intent on manufacturing public disorder | 这两人意图制造最恐怖最暴力 |
[44:03] | of the most terrifying and violent character. | 的公众骚乱 |
[44:08] | With subtle malice, they conspired to enter your minds that day, | 他们带着狡猾的恶意 企图干扰你们的思维 |
[44:13] | they sought to undermine your decency | 他们试图毁灭你们现有的秩序 |
[44:16] | and they visited the hysteria of discord upon this village. | 他们试图为这个村子带来歇斯底里的混乱 |
[44:20] | Now, this trial is not about who got injured, | 如今 此次审问不是针对于谁受到了伤害 |
[44:24] | who struck which blow when and why. | 谁什么时候为了什么煽动大家引起骚乱 |
[44:27] | It is about bad men with evil intentions. | 这次审判是针对心怀歹念的歹徒 |
[44:35] | What is riot? | 暴动是什么 |
[44:36] | It requires three or more men – there were dozens that day. | 是指三名或以上的人参与 而那天有数十人 |
[44:40] | A common purpose – the trespass on Allingham land. | 目标明确一致 非法入侵阿林厄姆庄园 |
[44:44] | Intent to help one another by force against any person | 企图以武力强迫反对的人屈服 |
[44:49] | who may oppose them in pursuit of the common purpose. | 以达到他们的目标 |
[44:52] | And there’s the key. | 重点是 |
[44:54] | Did Bert Middleton and Gerard Eyre plan to use force | 当阿林厄姆雇佣的猎场看守人履行职责 |
[44:58] | when gamekeepers employed by the Allingham estate did their duty | 阻止他们非法入侵时 |
[45:02] | and stood in the way of an unlawful trespass? | 伯特 米德尔顿和杰勒德 艾尔是否打算使用武力解决呢 |
[45:04] | We will rely on the evidence of a decorated war hero | 如果我们依赖一名所谓的战斗英雄 |
[45:08] | and a gentleman of the highest order | 一位地位崇高的绅士 |
[45:10] | to establish that the answer to that question… | 来回答这个问题 |
[45:14] | ..Has to be “Yes”. | 那答案必然是肯定的 |
[45:17] | Were you in The Lamb the Friday before the trespass? | 在非法入侵之前的那个星期五你在羔羊酒吧吗 |
[45:21] | Yes, I was. | 是的 我在 |
[45:22] | There are those who’d be | 像你这般地位崇高的人 |
[45:23] | surprised to hear that a man of your status | 经常出入那些场合 |
[45:26] | frequented such an establishment. | 很是让人惊讶啊 |
[45:28] | I spent three years in the trenches. | 我还在沟壕里过了3年呢 |
[45:30] | And The Lamb serves good beer. | 而且羔羊酒吧那的啤酒很棒 |
[45:35] | Who did you see in The Lamb that night? | 在羔羊酒吧那晚你见到了谁 |
[45:38] | Robin Lane. | 罗宾 莱恩 |
[45:39] | The minister… | 神父 |
[45:42] | ..My father-in-law. | 我的继父 |
[45:51] | And, er, the defendants. | 还有 呃 我也看到了被告 |
[45:53] | They were looking at a map of Allingham land. | 当时他们在看阿林厄姆庄园的地图 |
[45:56] | Did you hear what they said? | 你听到他们说什么了吗 |
[45:59] | My father-in-law wanted to talk about how best | 我继父想要讨论 |
[46:01] | to get onto Allingham land without being seen doing it. | 能进入阿林厄姆庄园而不被看见的最好方式 |
[46:05] | The defendants, they were arguing for a more direct approach. | 而被告们呢他们正在争论一个更直接进入的方法 |
[46:09] | They wanted a confrontation, you see. | 你知道的 他们要对抗 |
[46:11] | Thank you so much. | 感谢你的回答 |
[46:17] | Mr Eyre? | 艾尔先生 |
[46:31] | You’re a “War hero”. | 你是一个战斗英雄 |
[46:33] | I fought. | 我打过仗 |
[46:36] | I was there. | 我上过战场 |
[46:37] | And you suffered for it. | 而且你也感受过战争的痛苦 |
[46:40] | I have bad dreams, yes. | 是的 我总做噩梦 |
[46:43] | It’s, er… | 呃 |
[46:45] | it has an effect on your life. | 它对你的一生都有影响 |
[46:49] | On the way that you see things, | 影响你看待事物的方式 |
[46:51] | on the way that you judge what you see… | 对你判断你所见事物的方式也有影响 |
[46:52] | Get to the point, Mr Eyre. | 请说重点 艾尔先生 |
[46:57] | There were shots fired, weren’t there? | 那天 有人开枪了 |
[47:00] | On the day. | 没错吧 |
[47:01] | How did that make you feel? | 那让你觉得如何 |
[47:06] | I-I can’t… | 我 我没办法 |
[47:10] | ..Loud noises make me… | 那些巨响让我 |
[47:12] | You can’t be relied on to give an accurate account | 你不能作为人证来指证有人开枪 |
[47:16] | of who was doing what, because you were terrified. | 因为你被吓到了 |
[47:19] | Completely irrelevant. | 抗议 问题与本案无关 |
[47:20] | The defendant hasn’t listened. | 被告不听从要求 |
[47:23] | Mr Rose? | 罗斯先生 |
[47:25] | This court doesn’t have to decide | 本次开庭不需要确定谁是侵略者 |
[47:27] | who was the aggressor and who wasn’t. | 谁不是侵略者 |
[47:29] | The law says you are guilty of riot if you intend to use force. | 法律规定如果你意图使用暴力你就是犯了暴动罪 |
[47:35] | The witness has told us about the defendants’ intentions. | 证人已经告诉了我们被告的意图 |
[47:39] | That is the end of it. | 可以结案了 |
[47:40] | That isn’t fair. It’s the law. | 这不公平 这是法律 |
[47:45] | Any other questions, either of you? | 双方还有其他问题吗 |
[47:52] | Thank you, Mr Allingham. You may go. | 谢谢你 阿林厄姆先生 你可以离开了 |
[47:57] | Yes. | 好的 |
[48:37] | A coward. | 你是懦夫 |
[48:42] | A conchy. | 是逃兵 |
[48:45] | Are you asking me a question? | 你是在向我提问吗 |
[48:47] | Because I don’t recognise either of those terms. | 因为我不认为我是懦夫 更不觉得我是逃兵 |
[48:53] | You’re a man of principle, Mr Eyre? Is that better? | 你是一个有原则的人 艾尔先生 这样说好点了吗 |
[48:57] | Yes. Someone who puts the well being of others before himself? | 是的 你是一个先天下之乐而乐的人 |
[49:03] | I try to, yes. | 我努力成为这样的人 是的 |
[49:05] | But you’re also a liar. | 但你还是个撒谎精 |
[49:09] | The map, Mr Eyre. | 关于那张地图 艾尔先生 |
[49:10] | You lied about it to Sergeant Westlake. | 你对韦斯特莱克警官说了谎 |
[49:13] | Yes… | 是的 |
[49:14] | Twice. | 说了两次谎话 |
[49:16] | You said there was no map – first lie. | 第一次 你谎称没有地图 |
[49:18] | Then when the constable found it in your classroom, | 然后当治安官在你的教室找到地图时 |
[49:21] | you said it was yours. | 你说它是你的 |
[49:23] | It wasn’t, was it? | 它不是你的 对吗 |
[49:27] | No. The map belonged to the minister. | 不是 地图是神父的 |
[49:30] | Do you lie to the children you teach? | 你对你教的孩子说谎吗 |
[49:34] | No. So… | 没有 所以 |
[49:36] | ..Why does a man of principle suddenly tell so many lies | 为什么一个有原则的人突然间会在 |
[49:41] | in such a short space of time to the policemen? | 这么短的时间内对警察说了这么多谎话 |
[49:48] | No? | 不想说吗 |
[49:52] | I think I know. | 我想我知道原因 |
[49:54] | Because the map is evidence of criminal intent, | 因为那张地图是犯罪意图的证据 |
[49:57] | because it shows planning and forethought, | 因为它标示了计划和先期想法 |
[50:00] | because it establishes common purpose | 因为它带着共同的目的 |
[50:02] | and because it makes you guilty of riot. | 因为它让你犯了暴动罪 |
[50:04] | Then why would I want to claim it as my own? | 既然如此 我为什么要说地图是我的呢 |
[50:07] | Because your first instinct is to protect others. | 因为你的第一意识是要保护其他人 |
[50:10] | You knew it would incriminate Robin Lane. | 因为你知道它会连累罗宾莱尔 |
[50:13] | Now, if the map were not something to hide, | 现在 如果那张地图不是什么需要藏起来的东西 |
[50:15] | you’d have told the constable whose it was, | 你就该告诉治安官 地图是谁的 |
[50:17] | who made the markings on it. | 谁在上面做了标记 |
[50:20] | Martha? | 玛莎 |
[50:41] | You’re a man of violence. | 你是一个崇尚武力的人 |
[50:43] | No. | 我不是 |
[50:46] | Do you want to think about that answer? | 你不用想想再回答吗 |
[50:50] | Only when there’s good reason. | 我只会在不得已的情况下动手 |
[50:51] | What was the reason for fighting Alf Rutter? | 那跟阿尔夫鲁特打架的理由是什么 |
[50:58] | Who threw the first punch? | 是谁先动手的 |
[51:01] | I did. Why? | 是我 为什么 |
[51:05] | In the absence of an explanation, | 没有恰当的理由 |
[51:07] | we’ll have to see it as unprovoked violence. | 我们会认为是无故的暴力 |
[51:10] | And the attack on Sergeant Westlake? | 那你又为什么攻击韦斯特莱克警官 |
[51:13] | That was provoked. By? Him! | 他向我挑衅 被谁挑衅 他 |
[51:16] | Bastard just wanted to see everything his way, | 那混账要让一切都按他的喜好来 |
[51:18] | which is the same as theirs. | 就跟他们其他人一样 |
[51:20] | Er, whose way? The Big House. | 呃 按谁的方式 大房子里的人 |
[51:22] | They’re all in it together. | 他们都是一伙的 |
[51:24] | Allinghams, gamekeepers, police, you. | 阿林厄姆一家 猎场看守人 警察 还有你 |
[51:27] | I’m sorry, is this what one might call a rant? | 抱歉 你现在的行为 我可以称作是咆哮吗 |
[51:34] | I just see things as I see them. | 我只是眼见为实而已 |
[51:36] | The uncomplicated farm boy. | 不简单的农场男孩 |
[51:38] | Did you meet any political activists before the trespass? No. | 在你非法入侵之前有见过任何政治积极分子吗 没有 |
[51:42] | Did anyone in your family | 在你非法入侵之前你家里的任何人 |
[51:43] | meet with political activists before the trespass? | 有见过任何政治积极分子吗 |
[51:49] | Yes. Who? My mother. | 是的 谁 我母亲 |
[51:50] | Who did she meet? Bill Gibby. How often? | 她见了谁 比尔吉尔 多久见一回 |
[51:56] | I don’t know what you’re trying to say. | 我不知道你要说什么 |
[51:59] | Nor do I. | 我也不知道 |
[52:00] | Now you, you tell me what you think I’m “Trying to say”. | 现在 你告诉我 你觉得要我要说什么 |
[52:06] | Did they meet more than once? | 他们见过不止一次面吗 |
[52:08] | Yes. Where? I don’t know. | 是的 在哪里 我不知道 |
[52:10] | Why not? Were they secret meetings? | 你为什么不知道 他们是私密会面吗 |
[52:14] | What about the last time they met? | 那他们最后一次见面呢 |
[52:16] | Let’s, let’s just concentrate on that. | 我们 我们就说最近一次好了 |
[52:18] | Might be worth remembering you’re on oath. | 你最好记得你发誓在法庭上要诚实说话 |
[52:24] | Upstairs at The Lamb. | 在羔羊酒吧楼上 |
[52:37] | Just the two of them? | 只有他们两人吗 |
[52:40] | Did you talk to her about it? No. | 你跟她说过这件事吗 没有 |
[52:43] | Let me ask you again. | 我再次问你 |
[52:45] | Why were you fighting Alf Rutter? I don’t know! | 你问什么要和阿尔夫鲁特打架 我不知道 |
[52:50] | As I was saying… | 就像我说的 |
[52:52] | ..You’re a man of violence, Bert Middleton. | 你是个崇尚武力的人 伯特 米德尔顿 |
[53:22] | Sir? | 先生 |
[53:31] | I’m going to set you up for life, Polly. | 我要进一步提升你的生活质量 波莉 |
[53:34] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白你在说什么 |
[53:38] | In exchange, I need you to do something for me. | 做为交换 我要你帮我做点事 |
[53:41] | Thank you, darling. I’m proud of you. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 我以你为豪 |
[53:44] | The whole family is very proud of you. | 整个家族都以你为豪 |
[53:47] | Hear, hear. | 听着 听着 |
[53:48] | An exemplary performance. Hand tremors particularly moving. | 一次经典的表现 掌声热烈 |
[53:53] | Just Bill Gibby to deal with next, and then we’re home and dry. | 接下来只要处理比尔盖比 然后我们就达成目标了 |
[53:55] | Mm, but he is very impressive. | 恩 但他可是十分令人印象深刻 |
[53:58] | Yes, but very cross-examinable. | 是的 但非常典型 |
[53:59] | What Norma Hankin gossips about won’t stand up in court. | 诺玛汉金讲的那些话没办法在法庭站住脚 |
[54:02] | It’s not gossip. | 那不是废话 |
[54:05] | What? | 什么 |
[54:06] | Gibby stays upstairs in The Lamb when he’s in the village | 盖比在村子里时是住在羔羊酒店楼上 |
[54:09] | and Grace Middleton goes to visit him. | 而且葛蕾丝 米德尔顿去见过他 |
[54:11] | Alone, at night. | 一个人 在晚上 |
[54:14] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[54:16] | Alf Rutter, Peter the landlord. | 从阿尔夫鲁特和房东彼特那知道的 |
[54:20] | Me. | 我 |
[54:21] | He’s arriving this evening. | 他今晚会到 |
[54:23] | Ready for his big moment in court tomorrow, | 为他明天在法庭的精彩时刻做准备 |
[54:25] | he’ll be having a big moment with the defendant’s mother first. | 他会先跟被告的母亲共度精彩时刻 |
[54:28] | Tonight? Mmm. | 今晚吗 恩 |
[54:41] | An adulterer, Mr Hankin. | 一名奸夫 汉金先生 |
[54:43] | Can I confirm with you | 我可以跟你确认一下吗 |
[54:45] | your magistrate’s understanding of such a man? | 你的地方官员能谅解这样一个男人 |
[54:47] | Dishonest, depraved, and, of course, | 不忠 堕落 而且 |
[54:50] | completely unreliable as a witness in a court of law. | 他肯定不是法庭上可靠的证人 |
[55:19] | Good evening, Mr Gibby. | 晚上好啊 盖比先生 |
[55:31] | The “Gentleman of the highest order” | 公诉方的提供这案子 |
[55:36] | upon whom the prosecution rely | 所有证据的证人 |
[55:38] | for all the evidence they bring in this case… | 地位崇高的绅士 |
[55:43] | ..Is not a gentleman and cannot be relied on. | 并不是绅士 也更不可靠 |
[55:48] | I know this to be true. | 我所说的句句属实 |
[55:50] | I’ve seen it for myself. | 是我亲眼所见 |
[55:53] | His evidence therefore cannot be taken as credible. | 他所提供的证词不能作为可靠证词 |
[55:56] | It is my duty, therefore, | 作为法官 我要履行职责 |
[55:59] | to tell you both | 我宣布 |
[56:01] | that you are innocent. | 你们两人是清白的 |
[56:04] | And that you will leave here free men, | 当庭无罪释放 |
[56:06] | unstained by criminal | 不留案底 |
[56:07] | conviction or by any slurs on your character. | 不留人生污点 |
[56:26] | George. I don’t understand. | 乔治 我不懂 |
[56:31] | You’re free. | 你自由了 |
[56:33] | I’m the guilty party. | 我才是那个罪人 |
[56:35] | You can divorce me. | 你可以跟我离婚 |
[56:37] | And Mr Eyre, he’s free too. | 艾尔先生 他也自由了 |
[56:43] | I hope you make him as | 我希望你能像让我幸福那样子 |
[56:43] | happy as I know that you’ve tried to make me. | 让他幸福 |
[57:08] | I want you to know that I love you. | 我想让你知道我爱你 |
[57:16] | Before I t… | 在我 |
[57:20] | ..Before I tell you… | 在我告诉你 |
[57:23] | ..That you’ve killed me. | 你杀了我之前 |
[57:42] | Oh, George! | 哦 乔治 |
[57:45] | George… | 乔治 |