时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:19] | He’s going to speak again. | 他会回复 能够再讲话的 |
[01:23] | And when he does, he’ll tell us why he was there. | 当他回复了之后 会告诉我们他为什么会在哪里的 |
[01:27] | And what he saw. | 还有他看见了什么 |
[01:31] | He wanted nothing to do with the trespass, | 他没有要参与非法入侵 |
[01:33] | so why would he even be there? | 他到底为什么会在哪里 |
[01:35] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[01:42] | Right, ready? | 好了 可以了 |
[01:53] | Easy… | 轻点 |
[01:58] | That’s it. | 好了 |
[02:16] | Try and put these in order. | 试着把这些按顺序摆好 |
[02:20] | Start at the beginning. | 从头开始 |
[03:03] | Here. | 给 |
[03:06] | My father came to see me. He is being relocated. | 我爸爸来看过我了 他正在搬迁中 |
[03:12] | So I’ll finish this and then I’ll be leaving the village. | 所以结束这件事之后 我就要离开村子了 |
[03:20] | Sit with me. | 和我一起坐会儿吧 |
[03:35] | The day before I came here, I saw an old man | 我来这儿的前一天 我看见了一个老人 |
[03:39] | and an old lady sitting on a bench on the station platform. | 和一个老妇人坐在车站月台的长凳上 |
[03:43] | They didn’t know each other. | 他们不认识彼此 |
[03:47] | I wanted to pick up her hand and put it in his. | 我想要牵起她的手交到他的手里 |
[03:54] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有那么做 |
[03:55] | I did. | 我做了 |
[03:58] | What happened? | 然后发生了什么事 |
[04:00] | They got on the train. He helped her up onto the carriage. | 他们一起搭上了火车 他帮她把行李放到车上 |
[04:07] | Happy ever after. | 从此过着幸福的生活 |
[04:08] | What is it, Bert? | 这是什么 伯特 |
[04:11] | I want my father back. | 我要我父亲回到原来的样子 |
[04:17] | He’s getting better. Isn’t he? | 他正在转好 不是吗 |
[04:25] | I, I want him back and… I don’t want him back. | 我 我想要他回到原来的样子 但 又不想要他回到原来的样子 |
[04:32] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[04:33] | Ask my mother. | 去问我母亲吧 |
[04:34] | Bert? | 伯特 |
[04:38] | I don’t know what you’re saying. | 我知道你在说什么 |
[04:40] | But I know that your mother is a good woman. | 我知道你母亲是个好女人 |
[04:48] | I’d better go. | 我要走了 |
[04:58] | This is your home now. | 以后这就是你的家了 |
[05:01] | You can be yourself here. | 在这儿你可以随心所欲 |
[05:03] | You’ve… | 你 |
[05:06] | Oh. Yes, er… Off duty. | 哦 是的 已经下班了 |
[05:09] | Give me that. You go on up. | 给我吧 你上去看看 |
[05:17] | You remember Joy? Married love. | 你还记得乔吗 我爱妻 |
[05:20] | Advice on, er… | 给了个忠告 呃 |
[05:31] | ‘It’s all upside down.’ | 整个世界都 |
[05:33] | The world. | 翻天覆地了 |
[05:35] | She’s gone, you know, Martha, wretched woman. | 她走了 你知道的 玛莎 可怜的女人 |
[05:40] | And to think she’s teaching our children! | 只要一想到她现在正教导着我们的孩子 |
[05:42] | Count the horrors. It’s a plague of scandals. | 那画面要恐怖了 真是场丑闻风暴 |
[05:46] | Try to think of them as embarrassments or awkwardnesses, Mother. | 想想他们的窘迫和尴尬状况 母亲 |
[05:51] | My son in bed with a housemaid in a public house. | 我的儿子和一个女仆一起睡在小旅馆的床上 |
[05:54] | A divorce case looming, the humiliation of that trial. | 要面临离婚 审讯的羞耻 |
[05:59] | Awkwardnesses, Edmund? Well, I think George… | 尴尬状况 埃德蒙 那么 我想乔治 |
[06:01] | The sex instinct is powerful and, and, and, and it’s, it’s | 他的性欲很强 还有 还有 性能力 |
[06:04] | wholesome, but when it’s | 健全 但是 |
[06:06] | misaligned the consequences are terrible. | 一旦出轨 后果不堪设想 |
[06:09] | Mother. And there’s too much misalignment in this house. | 母亲 这个房子里已经有太多出轨的事情了 |
[06:14] | I mean, look to yourself, Edmund. | 我是说 看看你自己 埃德蒙 |
[06:17] | Homosex is filthy and perverted, is it not? | 同性恋是肮脏不正当的 不是吗 |
[06:24] | When the urge comes, can’t you just… think of something else? | 当你有欲望的时候 你就不能 想些别的吗 |
[06:30] | Such as? | 例如什么 |
[06:35] | Me? | 例如我 |
[06:50] | Please. | 求你了 |
[06:54] | Please. | 求你了 |
[06:55] | You want an heir. | 你想要一个继承人 |
[06:58] | You already have one. | 你已经有一个继承人了 |
[07:00] | My son. | 那就是我儿子 |
[07:05] | Oh. | 噢 |
[07:08] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[07:10] | Look, there is no such child. | 听着 不会有你的孩子的 |
[07:14] | There will be no divorce, | 不会有离婚的 |
[07:16] | and you will give me a grandchild. | 还有你给我生个孙子 |
[07:35] | Why don’t you want children? | 你为什么不想要孩子 |
[07:40] | They make me think about death. | 他们让我想到死亡 |
[07:42] | Death? | 死亡 |
[07:43] | Well, they come after us. | 就是 他们继我们而来 |
[07:45] | They move us along the shelf, closer to the big drop at the end. | 把我们沿着生命的轨迹推 推进尾端的大落点 |
[07:49] | But they’re the part of us that we leave behind when we’re gone. | 但他们是我们的一部分 我们死后留在这世上的一部分 |
[07:54] | Bloodline, Harry. | 血缘 哈莉 |
[07:56] | I want to live a deep, full life, I don’t want a child in my way | 我想要过一个丰富精彩的生活 我不要孩子来阻碍我 |
[08:00] | and I don’t want to think about afterwards. | 而且我也不想去思考以后 |
[08:02] | I want to dance, all the way along the shelf, | 我要跳舞 用一生的时间尽情的舞蹈 |
[08:05] | and then fall off still dancing. | 然后翩然的陨落 |
[08:08] | What are you talking about? 20th century. | 你在说什么 现在可是20世纪啊 |
[08:11] | Well, I won’t have it. I don’t think you have a choice. | 我不懂你这种想法 我也不认为你有这个机会 |
[08:14] | My children are in pain! | 我的孩子们正处于苦痛之中 |
[08:15] | And each of them has been hurt by modern times. | 他们中的每一个都被现代社会伤害着 |
[08:18] | I’m not going to stand by and watch them suffer. | 我不会再袖手旁观 看着他们受苦了 |
[08:20] | What are you going to do? | 你打算做什么 |
[08:21] | Save them! | 拯救他们 |
[08:23] | Who first? | 第一个是谁 |
[08:27] | George, I think. | 我想是乔治吧 |
[08:29] | May I make a suggestion? | 我能提点建议吗 |
[08:33] | That we pay a visit to Martha. | 我们先去拜访下玛莎 |
[08:37] | Wicked Martha. | 不守妇道的玛莎 |
[08:44] | Bairstow? | 拜尔思托 |
[08:51] | What the hell do you want? | 你究竟想要什么 |
[08:53] | Your help. | 你的帮助 |
[08:59] | With what? | 用什么帮 |
[09:01] | A reservoir. | 一个水库 |
[09:04] | The blue. | 水源 |
[09:10] | The village? | 那个村子 |
[09:14] | The village! | 那个村子 |
[09:16] | You want to flood the village?! | 你想要淹没村子 |
[09:18] | Dirty water kills. | 用污水杀死村民 |
[09:22] | Sheffield has dirty water. | 谢菲尔德那里有污水 |
[09:24] | People die because they don’t have clean water. | 人们因为没有干净的水源而死亡 |
[09:27] | This reservoir would give it to them. | 水库能给他们带来干净的水源 |
[09:31] | There are some things sacred and beyond argument. | 有些东西是神圣不容玷污的 |
[09:34] | This land, our heritage, our history. | 这片土地 我们的遗产 还有我们的历史 |
[09:38] | You can’t touch any of them. | 你不能染指到它们 |
[09:42] | Goodbye, Mr Gibby. | 再见 吉比先生 |
[09:56] | You teach them hopscotch, I hear. | 听说 你教他们玩跳房子游戏 |
[09:59] | Mrs Allingham wasn’t available? | 阿林厄姆夫人不在吗 |
[10:03] | No. | 不在 |
[10:04] | No. Otherwise engaged, no doubt. | 不在 不用想肯定是在其它订婚宴上了 |
[10:08] | Well, why don’t you show us? | 那么 为什么你不给我们看看呢 |
[10:12] | Hmm? | 摁 |
[10:13] | Hopscotch. I don’t think I can remember how. | 跳房子游戏 我想我不记得要怎么跳了 |
[10:20] | But you, it seems, have a talent for teaching the fairer sex | 但你 似乎 有教女性怎么跳 |
[10:23] | how to hop about, | 的天赋 |
[10:24] | Mr… I don’t know what to call you. | 我不知该怎么称呼你 |
[10:27] | My daughter-in-law’s special friend. | 我媳妇的特别的朋友 |
[10:31] | Or… Mrs Allingham’s gentleman companion. Or… | 或者是 阿林厄姆夫人的男闺蜜 或者是 |
[10:35] | He’s my lover. | 他是我的爱人 |
[10:37] | No more lies and half truths. | 我不会再说谎或是半真半假的遮掩了 |
[10:39] | Martha. | 玛莎 |
[10:40] | Let her hear it. Let everyone hear it, because it’s true. | 让她知道 让大家都知道 因为这是真的 |
[10:43] | There’s been too much not talking. | 已经有太多不可言的事情了 |
[10:47] | Well, one consequence of your… talking… | 你这么说的结果之一就是 |
[10:52] | Harriet, why don’t you tell them? | 哈莉特 为什么你不告诉他们 |
[10:55] | For the law to allow a divorce there has to be an innocent party | 法律允许离婚的前提条件是 必须有无辜的一方 |
[10:58] | and a guilty party. | 和罪恶的一方 |
[11:00] | George with the maid in The Lamb – not innocent. | 乔治和那个女仆在羔羊酒店里干的事 那不无辜 |
[11:03] | You with Mr Eyre – | 你和艾尔先生 |
[11:05] | not innocent. | 也不无辜 |
[11:06] | Two guilty parties. | 两方都是罪恶方 |
[11:08] | No divorce without a victim, I’m afraid, Mrs Allingham. | 没有受害者就没有离婚 恐怕得是这样了 阿林厄姆夫人 |
[11:15] | We’ll see you back at the house. | 大房子再见 |
[11:19] | George is waiting. | 乔治正等着呢 |
[11:27] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:56] | What did your father do? | 你父亲是干什么的 |
[11:59] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[12:01] | Just asking. | 只是问问而已 |
[12:03] | No, you’re not. | 不 你不是问问而已 |
[12:05] | You don’t like it when | 被问到这个问题时 |
[12:06] | it’s you being asked the questions, do you? | 你并不喜欢 对吗 |
[12:10] | I wonder why that is. | 我想知道为什么 |
[12:15] | He died young. | 他年纪轻轻就死了 |
[12:16] | How young? | 多年轻 |
[12:18] | I was a baby. | 死的时候我还只是个婴儿 |
[12:20] | What did he die from? | 他为什么死掉 |
[12:22] | What do you want, Gibby? | 你想知道什么 吉比 |
[12:25] | He listens to you, Allingham, doesn’t he? | 他听命于你 阿林厄姆 是不是 |
[12:28] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[12:30] | Is that it? Is that all? | 是吗 就只是这样吗 |
[12:32] | Because this reservoir would mean the difference between | 因为水库对于谢菲尔德的穷人们 |
[12:36] | life and death to the poor families of Sheffield. | 有着生与死的非凡意义 |
[12:40] | Remember who you are. | 记住你是谁 |
[12:45] | He didn’t have the courage | 他没有勇气 |
[12:47] | to come back for the trial. Oh, no. | 回来面对审判 哦 不 |
[12:49] | Fancy speeches leading the people on and disappears | 精彩绝伦的演讲带领着人们前进 |
[12:52] | when the going gets tough. | 却在情况艰难的时候不见踪影 |
[12:54] | So why is he here now? | 那为什么他现在会在这里 |
[12:57] | I don’t pretend to know but I think | 我不是不懂装懂 但我想 |
[12:59] | Grace Middleton just might be the person to ask. | 葛蕾丝 米德尔顿才是我们该问的那个人 |
[13:02] | Yes. Don’t you? | 是的 你不认为吗 |
[13:06] | Er, how can I help you? | 呃 有什么我能帮到你的吗 |
[13:08] | I’ll have a banana. | 我想买个香蕉 |
[13:10] | One banana? Please. | 一个香蕉 麻烦你了 |
[13:15] | Er, please don’t do that. | 呃 请你不要那样做 |
[13:16] | What? | 什么 |
[13:17] | Eating in a public place. | 别在公共场所吃东西 |
[13:24] | Oh, well done, Agnes. | 噢 做得好 艾格尼丝 |
[13:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:27] | And you are a very lucky girl. | 还有你是个很幸运的女孩 |
[13:30] | Imagine having a grandmother with a shop! | 能够有个开商店的祖母 |
[13:32] | Does Granny give you gobstoppers? | 奶奶给你硬糖了吗 |
[13:34] | I may be a grandmother! | 我可能是人家的祖母 |
[13:37] | But I am also with child. | 但我自己也怀孕了 |
[13:44] | Norma, have I just heard right? | 诺玛 我刚刚听到的是真的吗 |
[13:48] | Yes… | 是的 |
[13:52] | I’m going to be a mother. | 我要当妈妈了 |
[13:55] | Come here! | 过来 |
[13:59] | Come here! | 过来 |
[14:03] | Ah, we’re going to have a baby! | 我们要有宝宝了 |
[14:13] | Remember when you said that you could swim to the other side | 记得你说你可以游到另一半时 |
[14:17] | and Edmund said you couldn’t? | 埃德蒙说你不可以吗 |
[14:19] | And you did. | 现在你可以了 |
[14:23] | Another time. | 又开始说了 |
[14:25] | Well, I wanted to swim after you, but Mother wouldn’t let me. | 我想跟在你后面游 但母亲不许 |
[15:43] | Hello? | 有人在吗 |
[16:03] | It’s been ten years. | 10年了 |
[16:05] | I try to imagine what he would look now if I could remember what | 我一直试着去想象他现在的样子 如果我能记得 |
[16:08] | he looked like when he was a baby, | 他还是个婴儿时的样子的话 我可以的想象出来的 |
[16:10] | but I can’t, I can’t picture my own son, then or now. | 但我不能 我拼凑不出我儿子的模样 不管是那时候的还是现在的 |
[16:16] | His eyes, maybe. What about the colour of his eyes? | 他的眼睛呢 他的眼睛是什么颜色的 |
[16:24] | His hair? | 他的头发呢 |
[16:28] | I can’t remember, but I want him back. | 我都不记得了 但我可以要他回来 |
[16:32] | Well, could you not find him? They won’t tell me where he is. | 你能不找他吗 他们不会告诉我他在哪里的 |
[16:35] | You could find out. | 你可以查出来 |
[16:36] | Erm, there must be records and a woman in your position… | 埃尔姆 一定会有记录的 像你这般有身份地位的女人可以查到的 |
[16:41] | Date of birth, name… | 生产日期 名字 |
[16:45] | I, I don’t know his name. | 我 我连他的名字都不知道 |
[16:49] | My family never mentioned | 我的家人从没提过他 |
[16:50] | him and I’m not allowed to speak about him. | 也不允许我谈论他 |
[16:53] | He doesn’t exist. | 他就像不存在似的 |
[16:54] | So I promised myself I wouldn’t say his name out loud | 所以我答应我自己 除非我能亲自对他说出他的名字 |
[16:57] | until I can say it to him. | 否则我不会说的 |
[17:03] | Why did you come now? | 那为什么你现在要来 |
[17:05] | I just wanted to make sure that you would want to see him. | 我只是来确认你想要见到他的 |
[17:09] | See him? | 见他 |
[17:11] | There isn’t a day goes by without me longing to see him. | 我没有一天不想见到他 |
[17:17] | There’s a bond between a | 母亲和她的孩子之间 |
[17:19] | mother and her child that does not break. | 有这不可断绝的联系的 |
[17:23] | Doesn’t matter who wants to break it or why – it cannot… | 谁想要断绝或是为什么要断绝这种联系都不重要 因为那是不可断绝的 |
[17:26] | It will not be broken. | 那不会断绝的 |
[17:29] | A mother has no choice in that. | 做为一个母亲对此无从选择 |
[17:33] | It’s there – deeper than memory. | 因为联系就在那里 在比记忆更深的地方 |
[17:38] | I’m sorry, I’m not helping you. I don’t know how to help. | 我很抱歉 没能帮到你 我不知道该怎么帮你 |
[17:42] | Oh, you have. | 哦 你已经帮到我了 |
[18:08] | George is saved. I was brilliant. | 乔治被救了 我当时真是机智 |
[18:11] | It’ll be me next. | 下一个就是我了 |
[18:18] | Darlings, you missed your honeymoon. | 亲爱的 你错过了你的蜜月了 |
[18:22] | Caro! | 卡洛 |
[18:24] | I want my son back. | 我要我的儿子回来 |
[18:26] | She’s overwrought. What’s the answer to her question? | 她太疲惫了 她的问题的答案是什么 |
[18:29] | I think it’s best for everyone if we let that one lie. | 我想让那个谎言存在对每一个人都是最好的了 |
[18:31] | Everyone, meaning you. Is it best for Caro? | 每一个人 是指你们 但这对卡洛来说是最好的吗 |
[18:34] | It’s in the best interests of the child. | 这对孩子来说是最好的 |
[18:36] | An illegitimate child doesn’t want to know he’s illegitimate, | 一个私生子并不想知道他是个私生子 |
[18:39] | does he? | 他是吗 |
[18:41] | Very probably he’s a degenerate. | 很有可能他就是个堕落的人 |
[18:43] | Why? Because his mother is? | 为什么 因为他的母亲吗 |
[18:46] | Passed on from slut mother to bastard son. | 一个荡妇母亲生下来的私生子 |
[18:49] | Don’t you ever speak about my sister like that! Ever again! | 不许你这么说我妹妹 永远不许 |
[18:51] | It’s what you were saying – only you dress it up in fine words. | 这是你说的 只是你说的好听些罢了 |
[18:55] | What are you frightened it’ll be? | 你害怕什么 |
[18:57] | An invert, or a hypocrite? | 一个奸细还是一个伪君子 |
[18:59] | Or both? Oh, no, no, then he’d be you, wouldn’t he, | 或者两者都怕 哦 不 不 那么他就是你了 不是吗 |
[19:03] | Home Secretary? | 内政大臣吗 |
[19:08] | You’re forgetting yourself, Bairstow. | 你在害怕你自己 拜尔思托 |
[19:10] | Might be worth remembering where you came from and where | 你最好记得你从哪里来还有 |
[19:12] | I could send you back to. | 我能送你回到哪里 |
[19:15] | The Mission Of Hope. Speak to the woman who runs it. | 希望的使命 跟负责任务的女人谈谈吧 |
[19:17] | And test the tightness of their security. | 顺便试试她们防线的牢固度 |
[19:27] | I’m starting to think that you’re unbeatable. | 我开始觉得你是不可打败的了 |
[19:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:32] | I don’t know what to do. | 我不知要该怎么走了 |
[19:34] | Resign. | 弃权 |
[19:37] | Give up. | 投降 |
[19:38] | I’ve won. | 然后我就赢了 |
[19:43] | Martha? What is it? | 玛莎 怎么回事 |
[19:48] | The law. What about it? | 法律 关于什么的 |
[19:50] | It says there’ll be no divorce. | 法律说不会有离婚 |
[19:53] | It insists that a marriage that nobody | 它强调一场除了阿林厄姆夫人以外 |
[19:55] | apart from Lady Allingham wants must carry on. | 没人想要的婚姻必须继续 |
[20:01] | I’m trapped. | 我被困住了 |
[20:06] | No, you’re not. | 不 你没有 |
[20:09] | Go. Just go somewhere. | 走吧 随便去走走 |
[20:13] | Anywhere. Leave the village and the Allinghams far behind you. | 哪里都行 离开这个村子 把阿林厄姆一家远远的抛在身后 |
[20:19] | Five, four, three, two, one. | 五 四 三 二 一 |
[20:27] | Good. | 很好 |
[20:32] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[20:48] | Again? | 再说一次 |
[21:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:15] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:22] | Good. | 很好 |
[21:24] | Mother. | 母亲 |
[21:59] | Talk to me. | 告诉我 |
[22:01] | You saw it. | 你看到了 |
[22:05] | His anger with her. And… | 他对她的愤怒 还有 |
[22:08] | And he wouldn’t even try to… | 他甚至连试都不试 |
[22:11] | To what? | 试什么 |
[22:12] | To say it. | 试着去说 |
[22:14] | To say what? | 说什么 |
[22:15] | Her name! | 她的名字 |
[22:19] | He wouldn’t say her name, Phoebe. | 他不肯喊出她的名字 菲比 |
[22:33] | Is she a repeater? | 她是个复读机吗 |
[22:36] | I’m sorry? | 抱歉 没听清楚 |
[22:38] | Four or five times some of our mothers come back to us. | 已经四五次了 我们的妈妈回来找我们 |
[22:41] | No, she’s not a repeater. | 不 她不是个复读机 |
[22:44] | And I didn’t ask you here to give me a lesson on morality. | 而我并没有请你来这里给我上道德教育课 |
[22:47] | Oh. | 哦 |
[22:49] | Not my cup of fucking tea, frankly, Mrs Winkworth. | 老实说 这并不是我一贯的做法 温克沃斯夫人 |
[22:53] | Why am I here? | 那我为什么会在这里 |
[22:59] | What if a mother wants her child back? | 如果一个母亲想要回她的孩子会是怎样 |
[23:02] | What if she’s changed her mind about giving it up? | 如果她被迫改变想法要放弃孩子会是怎样 |
[23:06] | You will understand we have to guarantee to adopting parents | 你要明白我们必须向收养父母保证 |
[23:09] | that a natural mother will not… | 生母不会 |
[23:11] | £1,000. | 一千英镑 |
[23:27] | I want you to talk to Caro. | 我要你和卡洛谈谈 |
[23:29] | It has to be you because you’re the one she listens to. | 必须是你去谈 因为你是她唯一肯听的人 |
[23:35] | She has to be told to forget her son. | 必须有人告诉她 要忘记她的儿子 |
[23:38] | It’s eating her up. She must be free of it. | 那快把她吞噬掉了 她得从那解放出来 |
[23:46] | Make it final, George. | 结束它吧 乔治 |
[23:57] | Leave no room. | 不留一丝残念地结束 |
[24:16] | Martha said I could trust you. | 玛莎说我能相信你 |
[24:21] | Did she? | 她这么说吗 |
[24:25] | Who knows where he is, my son? | 谁知道我的儿子在哪里 |
[24:29] | Edmund? There’s something… nobody has told you. | 埃蒙德 有些事 我们没告诉你 |
[24:35] | What is it, George? | 什么事 乔治 |
[24:39] | He died. Your son. | 你的儿子已经死了 |
[24:43] | A year ago. | 一年前就死了 |
[24:49] | I’m so sorry, Caro, | 我很抱歉 卡洛 |
[24:51] | you must forget him. | 你必须忘了他 |
[25:11] | George? | 乔治 |
[25:17] | Done? | 你说了 |
[25:20] | Well, it’s for the best. How is she? | 这是最好的了 她怎么样了 |
[25:26] | Christ, what’s that? | 天啊 那是什么 |
[25:31] | Mission Of Hope? Mission of hard noses, more like. | 希望的任务 更像是不可完成的任务吧 |
[25:34] | She didn’t tell you where the boy had gone? | 她没有告诉你孩子去哪里了吗 |
[25:36] | I offered her £1,000, she didn’t even blink. | 我开出一千英镑的条件 但她甚至连眼睛都不眨一下 |
[25:40] | Well, then, we’re safe. | 那么 我们安全了 |
[25:42] | Who does know? | 谁知道 |
[25:45] | Me. | 我 |
[25:59] | The oldest first. | 先指出最老的 |
[26:13] | Do you remember… what happened before you were hit? | 你还记得 你被袭击之前发生了什么事吗 |
[26:18] | What did you see? | 你看到了什么 |
[27:43] | Caro! | 卡洛 |
[27:54] | Caro! | 卡洛 |
[27:56] | No, don’t! | 不 不要 |
[28:01] | Caro! Don’t! | 卡洛 不要 |
[28:12] | Caro! Caro! | 卡洛 卡洛 |
[28:38] | Caro! Bairstow! | 卡洛 拜尔思托 |
[28:41] | Caro! | 卡洛 |
[29:01] | Come on, man! | 快来帮忙 |
[29:09] | Caro? | 卡洛 |
[29:13] | Caro! No, no, no, no… | 卡洛 不 不 不 |
[29:16] | Caro! Caro! | 卡洛 卡洛 |
[29:18] | Caro! | 卡洛 |
[29:23] | Cough it up. | 快吐出来 |
[29:31] | Don’t tell Mummy. | 别告诉妈妈 |
[29:55] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[30:12] | How is she? | 她怎么样了 |
[30:20] | I know where he is. | 我知道他在哪里 |
[30:33] | There are teaching posts in Chesterfield… and Sheffield. | 在切斯特菲尔德有些教职岗位 谢菲尔德也有 |
[30:41] | No. | 不 |
[30:52] | What? | 什么 |
[30:55] | Africa. | 去非洲 |
[31:01] | Yes! Yes, yes. | 太好了 |
[31:05] | When? | 什么时候 |
[31:33] | ‘You taught me everything.’ | 你教会了我所有事情 |
[31:37] | You made me feel like I could be someone. | 你让我觉得我可以飞黄腾达 |
[31:41] | We were in a cell together, and you didn’t tell me. | 但当我们一起被关在牢里时 你却没有告诉我 |
[31:48] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:53] | Is that all? | 抱歉就可以了吗 |
[31:55] | I lied to you and I’ve been weak. | 我对你说了谎 我一直都很软弱 |
[31:57] | And I’m proud of neither | 我没什么能够引以为傲 |
[31:58] | and I will regret it for the rest of my life. | 我的余生都将在后悔中度过 |
[32:05] | You’ve come for my forgiveness. | 你是来求得我的原来的 |
[32:09] | Yes, I have. | 是的 |
[32:14] | I can’t give it. | 但我不能原谅你 |
[32:16] | It’d just be another lie. | 这是另一个谎言 |
[32:18] | And I can’t do that. | 我没有办法原谅你 |
[32:29] | You were like a brother to me. | 你就像我的兄弟一样 |
[32:59] | Bathhouse tonight. | 今晚去下澡堂吧 |
[33:00] | But… I won’t be here next week so take advantage of me now. | 但是 下星期我就不会在这里 所以 趁现在还能利用我 尽情的利用吧 |
[33:04] | I’ll sit with him. | 我会坐在这里陪他 |
[33:08] | You’re going. | 你可以走了 |
[33:11] | The wall’s almost finished. | 那堵墙差不多要完工了 |
[33:13] | When are you…? | 你什么时候 |
[33:15] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[33:18] | My son’s the biggest fool in the world if he doesn’t want you. | 如果我的儿子不要你 那他就是世界上最傻的人了 |
[33:43] | As you all know, I have special affection for this village. | 如你们所知 我非常爱这个村子 |
[33:49] | It was my very great privilege to represent you in Parliament | 能在当权的10个月里代表你们在议会里发言 |
[33:53] | for the ten months we were in power. | 是我莫大的荣幸 |
[33:58] | Why am I back here? | 我为什么回到这里来 |
[33:59] | Well, I’m now the leader of Sheffield Council | 因为 我现在是谢菲尔德地方议会的首脑 |
[34:02] | and I bring you good news. | 我来是给你们带来好消息的 |
[34:05] | There will be hard times ahead. Good news! | 接下来会有一段艰难的时间 这是好消息 |
[34:08] | And jobs and wages will matter more than they ever have. | 工作岗位和薪水会比他们支付的高出很多 |
[34:12] | My good news is, you will have them. | 我的好消息是 你们都可以拥有 |
[34:16] | There is a new reservoir to be made. | 接下来会建造一个新的水库 |
[34:18] | Valve houses, a new aqueduct, a dam – all to be built. | 阀室 水利渡槽 大坝 统统都会建起来 |
[34:23] | Where they going to put it? | 要建在哪里 |
[34:27] | There are four different proposals. | 关于建造位置有4个不同的提案 |
[34:29] | The decision making process has some way to run. | 距离决议还需一定的时间 |
[34:32] | I just wanted to let you into the good news early | 但我想早点让你们知道这个好消息 |
[34:34] | so that you can plan a future. | 让你们可以规划未来 |
[34:40] | Any questions, I’m here to take them, one-to-one. | 有任何问题可以提出来 我会在这里一一回答 |
[34:50] | Right, who’s next? | 好了 下一个是谁 |
[34:58] | You don’t remember me. | 你不记得我了 |
[35:00] | Bert Middleton. What’s your question, Bert? | 伯特 米德尔顿 你有什么问题 伯特 |
[35:02] | Why would you remember me? | 你怎么会记得我 |
[35:04] | A boxer like you – of course I remember you. | 像你这样的拳击手 我当然记得 |
[35:08] | How’s your father doing? Has he spoken? | 你父亲还好吗 他能说话了吗 |
[35:11] | Not really. | 还不太能 |
[35:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:16] | Actually, he has started to speak. | 事实上 他已经开始说话了 |
[35:19] | Good. Good. And what did the doctor say? | 那就好 那就好 医生怎么说 |
[35:24] | He might recover full speech. | 他能完全康复 |
[35:29] | Well, that’s wonderful. | 那太好了 |
[35:31] | Then we’ll know about his memory. | 那我们就能知道他记得什么了 |
[35:33] | He’ll be able to tell us what happened that day. And why. | 他就能告诉我们那天究竟发生了什么事 为什么会这样子 |
[35:39] | Very good. | 太好了 |
[35:42] | So, have you got a question, Bert? | 你有问题吗 伯特 |
[35:45] | No. | 没有 |
[36:34] | Night, girls. See you, Margaret. | 晚安 姑娘们 再见 玛格丽特 |
[36:37] | Now if I were a gossip, the first thing I’d want to know is, | 如果我是个八卦的人 我想知道的第一件事就是 |
[36:40] | has Bill Gibby been up to Middleton Farm to see John Middleton? | 比尔 吉比 有没有去米德尔顿农场见 约翰 米德尔顿 |
[36:43] | No, he hasn’t, Norma. | 没有 他没有 诺玛 |
[36:44] | Hmm, then I’d want to know why not. | 嗯 那么我就想知道为什么他不去 |
[36:46] | If you were a gossip. | 当然了 你那么八卦 |
[36:48] | John Middleton got his | 约翰米德尔顿都要被比尔吉比 |
[36:49] | brain bashed in on Bill Gibby’s protest lark | 的抗议口哨声搞得脑子坏掉了 |
[36:51] | and he hasn’t been to see him? | 他为什么还不去见他呢 |
[36:53] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[36:55] | Probably because he doesn’t want to give you | 可能是他不想 |
[36:57] | any more feed for your gossip! | 满足你的八卦欲望 |
[37:04] | Right, then. | 好吧 那么 |
[37:07] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[37:08] | The Lamb. | 去羔羊酒吧 |
[37:12] | Norma Hankin is too stupid to do you any harm. | 诺玛 汉金太蠢了根本不能伤害你 |
[37:15] | It’s the men looking into their pint pots, muttering darkly. | 那些盯着自己的酒罐 暗自嘀咕的人 |
[37:20] | They’re the danger. | 他们才是威胁 |
[37:23] | You’re a good friend, Margaret Boden. | 你真是一个好朋友 玛格丽特 博登 |
[37:29] | I’ve watched you grow into yourself, Grace. | 我是看着你成长起来的 葛蕾丝 |
[37:32] | You’ve said things that I never even knew that I thought | 你告诉了我一些我从来都不知道的事情 直到我听 |
[37:36] | till I heard you say them. | 你说了我才知道 |
[37:39] | I’ll always be your friend, but I need you to carry on talking. | 我将永远会是你的朋友 但是我需要你继续谈话 |
[37:46] | Oh, don’t look at me like that. | 噢 不要像那样看着我 |
[37:50] | You’ll have us both crying | 你会让我俩都站在 |
[37:51] | in the street and then where will we be? | 街上哭起来那么我们又将去哪儿呢 |
[38:09] | Right! | 好了 |
[38:11] | Any loose talk you’ve got about Grace Middleton, | 任何你们知道的关于葛蕾丝 米德尔顿的胡说八道 |
[38:15] | will be heard by me. All right! | 都会被我听到的 好吧 |
[38:17] | And if you can’t say it in my hearing then it ain’t worth | 如果你们不能说得让我听见 那这些话就不该 |
[38:20] | the breath that it come out on. | 被说出来 |
[38:22] | I’m all ears! | 我洗耳恭听 |
[38:24] | It’s a bit more than ears, Margaret. | 你有的不仅仅只是耳朵 玛格丽特 |
[38:30] | So much more, ducky. So much more. | 我有的还多着呢 小鸭子 还多着呢 |
[38:43] | Can I talk to you for a minute? | 我能和你聊一小会儿吗 |
[38:46] | Just for a minute. | 就一小会儿 |
[38:49] | Up here. | 来这儿 |
[38:53] | Is John getting better? | 约翰好点了吗 |
[38:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[38:58] | Cos Bert, he, er… | 因为伯特 他 嗯 |
[38:59] | Bert? He came to the meeting and he seemed… | 伯特 他在会议中出现了而且他似乎 |
[39:01] | What meeting? Why are you here? | 什么会议 为什么你在这儿 |
[39:05] | It would cause me terrible political embarrassment if… | 我在政坛上会非常尴尬如果 |
[39:08] | If what? | 如果什么 |
[39:10] | If your husband or your | 如果你的丈夫或者你的 |
[39:11] | son were to say anything about you and me. | 儿子说了任何关于你和我的事情 |
[39:12] | Nothing happened. | 没发生什么啊 |
[39:15] | But your husband suspects and your son came to my meeting | 但是你的丈夫有所怀疑而且你的儿子来到了我的会议 |
[39:18] | and looked at me like he’d kill me given half a chance. | 并且用一种有半点机会他就会杀了我的眼神看着我 |
[39:21] | Why are you here? | 你为什么在这儿 |
[39:25] | She made me an offer. | 她雇佣了我 |
[39:28] | Spit it out, Alf! | 吐出来 阿尔夫 |
[39:32] | When the Middletons were in debt to me, | 当米德尔顿家族欠我的债的时候 |
[39:34] | she offered to pay me in kind. | 她好心地付了我钱 |
[39:37] | That’s a lie. | 那是个谎言 |
[39:39] | Beer tent, day of the boxing – she came and found me. | 我在啤酒帐篷里鬼混 整天打架 她来找到了我 |
[39:45] | Let’s go. What? | 我们走吧 什么 |
[39:48] | You can put it to her, face-to-face like a man! | 你可以和她谈谈 像个男人一样和她面对面 |
[39:55] | What’s the matter, Alf? Have you lost your nerve? | 怎么了 阿尔夫 你没种了吗 |
[39:59] | Ooh! Hey! | 喔 嘿 |
[40:04] | Come on, you lot! | 来吧 你们所有人 |
[40:10] | # Blow the wind southerly, southerly, southerly | 风从南来 从南来 从南来 |
[40:16] | # Blow the wind south o’er the bonnie blue sea | 南风吹过美丽的蓝色大海 |
[40:21] | # Blow the wind… | 风从 |
[40:23] | # Southerly, southerly, southerly | 从南来 从南来 从南来 |
[40:27] | # Blow the wind south o’er the bonnie blue sea | 南风吹过美丽的蓝色大海 |
[40:31] | # Blow the wind southerly, southerly, southerly | 风从南来 从南来 从南来 |
[40:37] | Blow the wind south o’er the bonnie blue sea. | 南风吹过美丽的蓝色大海 |
[40:39] | I haven’t told them yet. | 我还没告诉他们 |
[40:44] | Told them what? | 告诉他们什么 |
[40:47] | The reservoir will be here. | 水库将建在这儿 |
[40:49] | Right here. The village? | 就在这儿 这个村庄 |
[40:52] | The people of Sheffield need clean drinking water, the slums… | 谢菲尔德人民需要清洁的饮用水 |
[40:55] | You’re going to drown the village? | 你打算淹没这个村庄 |
[40:57] | It has to be. | 不得不这样 |
[40:58] | You made this the centre of your political life, | 你让这里 你政治生命的中心 |
[41:02] | you made me and everyone else… | 你让我和别的每个人 |
[41:04] | If you could see what I’ve seen. The way these people suffer… | 如果你能看见我所看见的 这些人们所遭受的 |
[41:07] | No, no, no! This is our land! | 不 不 不 这是我们的土地 |
[41:10] | My family have lived here for hundreds of years. | 我的家族在这里生活了数百年 |
[41:14] | This is all of us, all of me. Look at my hands. | 这是我们的一切 我的一切 看着我的双手 |
[41:19] | Grace. Look at them! Under my finger nails, under my skin. | 葛蕾丝 看着他们 透过我的指纹和我的皮肤看看他们 |
[41:22] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[41:25] | Look at them! | 看看他们 |
[41:27] | Grace… You’d be drowning me. | 葛蕾丝 你是在淹没我 |
[41:44] | Margaret. Margaret! Margaret! | 玛格丽特 玛格丽特 玛格丽特 |
[41:55] | In broad daylight, with Bill Gibby? With your John and all. | 光天化日之下 你和比尔吉比一起 在你的约翰和大家的眼前 |
[41:58] | In his bed. | 在他的床上 |
[41:59] | Grace! You’ve got to come, now! | 葛蕾丝 你得回来了 马上回来 |
[42:10] | # Blow the wind southerly, southerly, southerly | 风从南来 从南来 从南来 |
[42:14] | # Blow the wind south o’er the bonnie blue sea | 南风吹过美丽的蓝色大海 |
[42:21] | # Blow the wind southerly, southerly, southerly | 风从南来 从南来 从南来 |
[42:25] | Blow the wind south o’er the bonnie blue sea. | 南风吹过美丽的蓝色大海 |
[42:27] | You’ve come back to us. | 你回到我们身边了 |
[42:34] | Talk to me, John. Hm? | 和我说说话 约翰 嗯哼 |
[42:39] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[42:40] | Father? | 父亲 |
[42:44] | You were singing the words in the song clear as day. | 你刚才清楚地唱出了歌里的单词 |
[42:49] | Talk to me. | 和我谈谈 |
[42:55] | Blow the wind southerly, southerly… | 风从南来 从南来 |
[42:56] | I don’t understand. | 我不明懂 |
[43:00] | Blow the wind southerly, southerly… | 风从南来 从南来 |
[43:01] | If he can sing, he can speak. | 如果他能歌唱 他就能交谈 |
[43:07] | Bert. No! | 伯特 不 |
[43:19] | Tuh. | 特 |
[43:21] | Tuh. | 特 |
[43:22] | Buh. | 伯 |
[43:24] | Buh. | 伯 |
[43:25] | Buh. Tuh. | 伯 特 |
[43:28] | Buh. Tuh. | 伯 特 |
[43:29] | Bur-tuh. | 伯 特 |
[43:31] | Bur-tuh. | 伯 特 |
[43:33] | Burt. | 伯特 |
[43:36] | Burt. | 伯特 |
[43:42] | What’s my name? | 我的名字是什么 |
[43:56] | I’m proud of him. | 我为他感到骄傲 |
[44:00] | But he won’t say your name. Why not? | 但是他不说你的名字 为什么不呢 |
[44:04] | I don’t know. Won’t or can’t? | 我不知道 是不想还是不能呢 |
[44:06] | But why do you think? | 但是你为什么想呢 |
[44:07] | Eat up, Mary. | 吃完 玛丽 |
[44:09] | Mother? | 母亲 |
[44:11] | I don’t know. Why are you attacking me, Bert? | 我不明白 你为什么攻击我呢 伯特 |
[44:15] | Was I? | 是我吗 |
[44:16] | I’m your mother and you | 我是你的母亲 虽然你 |
[44:17] | may well be doing the job that your father | 能很好地继续你父亲以前 |
[44:19] | used to do, but you are still my son! | 从事的工作 但我依然是你的母亲 |
[44:23] | And I will not have you speak to me like that! | 而且我不允许你用那种方式跟我说话 |
[44:26] | Do you understand? You… | 你明白吗 你 |
[44:27] | Do you understand?! | 你到底明不明白 |
[45:01] | When? | 什么时候走 |
[45:04] | Four o’clock. | 四点整 |
[45:09] | Will I see you again? | 我会再见到你吗 |
[45:12] | My mother’s death has made me honest. | 我母亲的死让我变得诚实 |
[45:15] | That’s all she ever asked of me. | 那正是她对我的所有要求 |
[45:18] | You won’t ever see me again. | 你不会再见到我了 |
[45:24] | You have to work out who to trust and love. | 你必须找到值得爱与信任的人 |
[45:30] | And then you have to trust and love them. | 然后你必须信任并爱他们 |
[45:33] | Grace Middleton is a good woman! Believe me. | 葛蕾丝 米德尔顿是个好女人 相信我 |
[46:17] | In you go. | 进去吧 |
[46:23] | What shall I say? | 我该说什么呢 |
[46:26] | Just tell them who you are. | 告诉他们你是谁就行 |
[47:14] | Who am I? | 我是谁呢 |
[47:26] | Come with me. | 跟我来吧 |
[47:54] | Caro? | 卡洛 |
[48:01] | Caro? | 卡洛 |
[48:55] | Buh… | 伯 |
[48:57] | Burt! | 伯特 |
[49:19] | Burt! | 伯特 |
[49:52] | Hu… Who are you? | 呼 你是谁 |
[49:56] | My name’s Joe. | 我的名字是乔 |
[50:17] | This, this is your father. | 这 这是你的父亲 |
[50:27] | And this is your uncle. | 这是你的叔叔 |
[50:35] | Are you my sister? Have I got a big sister? | 你是的我姐姐吗 我有一个姐姐吗 |
[50:39] | No. I’m… | 不 我是 |
[50:48] | I don’t know what I am, really. | 我不知道我算什么 真的 |
[51:08] | You told George where the child was. | 你告诉了乔治孩子在哪儿 |
[51:10] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我说了 |
[51:11] | Expressly against my wishes, which is | 明目张胆地违抗了我的意愿 哪一个是 |
[51:14] | why you’ll be leaving this | 你今天结束后将脱离这个家和我的 |
[51:16] | house and my employment by the end of today. | 雇佣的原因 |
[51:23] | In which case The Daily Mail will have to change | 在什么情况下 每日邮报将不得不 |
[51:26] | its front page for the morning. | 改变它的晨报首页 |
[51:34] | Sorry? | 不好意思 没听懂 |
[51:38] | I don’t know how the nation | 我不知道这个国家 |
[51:39] | will take to a homosexual Home Secretary. | 会怎么面对一个同性恋内政大臣 |
[51:43] | About as well as you’ve | 关于你给你的新侄子 |
[51:44] | taken to your new nephew, I would suggest. | 带去点什么 我会建议你告诉他 |
[51:51] | You and me, Allingham. Hand in glove. | 你和我 阿林厄姆 穿同一条裤子 |
[52:10] | I want to talk to you. | 我想和你谈谈 |
[52:13] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[52:21] | Mother? Where are we going? | 母亲 我们去哪儿 |
[52:54] | There’s a great threat to us all that has not yet been announced. | 我们所有人都面对着一个尚未被揭露的巨大威胁 |
[52:59] | I’m announcing it now. | 而现在我正要将其揭露 |
[53:08] | Our village will be drowned. | 我们的村庄将被淹没 |
[53:11] | You what? Eh? | 你说什么 嗯 |
[53:15] | Where we stand now will no longer exist as dry land. | 我们现在所站的地方就不会有干燥的土地了 |
[53:25] | Your homes will not survive. | 你们的家将不能幸免 |
[53:29] | Our school, our church, our chapel, our bathhouse, | 我们的学校 教会 教堂 浴室 |
[53:34] | the places where we meet to talk and argue and love – all gone. | 我们所谈论 所争吵 所爱的一切地方 都会消失 |
[53:42] | I was born here. | 我在这儿出生 |
[53:43] | My family have lived here for 200 years. | 我的家族在这儿居住了200年 |
[53:48] | And it is my intention that | 而我的目标就是 |
[53:50] | we will still be here, 200 years from now. | 我们仍旧能在这儿 再呆200年 |
[54:00] | I have been tempted away from home by excitement and passion… | 我曾经因为追求刺激和激情而远离家乡 |
[54:07] | ..Both of which are a part of politics. | 而这些都是因为政治 |
[54:11] | It is a great temptation to let passion take over your life | 让你的生活充满激情的确是一个巨大的诱惑 |
[54:15] | but that would be to forget | 但那些终将被淡忘 |
[54:17] | and betray all that is at the heart of what REALLY matters. | 然后露出内心里真正重要的东西 |
[54:24] | It has become clear to me | 我现在清楚地认识到 |
[54:26] | that it is my home, my family, MY village, | 这里就是我的家 我的家族 我的村庄 |
[54:31] | and all of those that live here are what I really care about. | 这里所存在的一切都是我所在乎的东西 |
[54:36] | And I hope I judge you right when I say THIS is OUR fight | 当我说这是我们的战斗 我希望我们是同一边的 |
[54:42] | and as long as we have | 只要我们的呼吸尚存 |
[54:44] | breath in our bodies this will be our village! | 这里就将是我们的村庄 |
[55:01] | We may be small but we will be heard | 我们可能弱小 但我们的声音仍旧嘹亮 |
[55:05] | and what we say will echo over these hills and far beyond | 我们的呼声将于群山至远方中回响 |
[55:10] | so that in years to come people will say, “That was a voice. | 这样经年之后 人们会说 曾经有一个声音 |
[55:14] | “There was a village that filled its lungs | 有一个村庄曾饱含信念 |
[55:17] | “And called out for what it stood for.” | 并为之而呼吁呐喊 |
[55:19] | And if those who want to drown us think they can do it, | 如果那些企图淹没我们的人以为他们能达到目的 |
[55:23] | then they do not understand | 那么他们就不明白 |
[55:27] | and they will never understand | 也永不会明白 |
[55:30] | who we are and what we can be together. | 我们是谁 我们团结起来的力量有多强大 |
[56:01] | Phoebe! | 菲比 |
[56:23] | John. | 约翰 |
[56:31] | Grace. | 葛蕾丝 |
[57:19] | Phoebe! | 菲比 |
[57:45] | You finished it? | 你完成了吗 |
[57:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[57:54] | Will you marry me? | 你会嫁给我吗 |
[58:02] | No. | 不会 |
[58:06] | Will you marry me? | 你会娶我吗 |
[58:13] | Yes. | 是的 |
[58:15] | Yes. | 是的 |