时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I had no idea she was married when I first met her. | 我刚认识她时不知道她已经结婚了 |
[00:13] | She seemed like the loneliest girl in the world. | 她看起来像世上最孤单的女孩儿 |
[00:16] | I was wondering if you– you still needed a hand. | 你们现在还招人帮忙吗 |
[00:20] | – I’m Noah. – Cole. | -我是诺亚 -科尔 |
[00:22] | – Which dress? – That one. | -哪条裙子好看 -那条 |
[00:24] | I think I’m gonna wear this one. | 我觉得我还是穿这条好点 |
[00:25] | This is Harry, my agent. | 这是哈里 我的经纪人 |
[00:26] | So bruce tells me that you’re working on something new this summer? | 布鲁斯告诉我你这个夏天打算写一些新东西 |
[00:29] | Well, I haven’t really gotten too far with it. | 目前我还没有太多进展 |
[00:31] | Excuse me, sir. You ordered whiskey? | 打扰一下 先生 你点的威士忌 |
[00:33] | Was she flirting with you? | 她是在跟你调情吗 |
[00:35] | You know, you really shouldn’t smoke that here. | 你其实不应该在这里抽烟的 |
[00:36] | Okay. Where should we go? | 好吧 那我们该去哪 |
[00:38] | How is any of this relevant to what happened? | 这和之后发生的一切有什么关系 |
[00:40] | Trying to figure out if anyone might have had a motive | 想弄清楚是否有人存在动机 |
[00:42] | to kill this fellow. | 杀死这家伙 |
[00:43] | I thought it was an accident. | 我以为那是一场意外 |
[00:44] | How much longer is this gonna take? | 我还要在这待多久 |
[00:45] | I just have a few more questions. | 我还有几个问题就好 |
[00:47] | I was sure I’d never see him again. | 那时我很确定再也不会见到他 |
[00:48] | I remember you. | 我记得你 |
[00:50] | I was wondering when we’d run into each other again. | 我还在想我们什么时候能再见面 |
[00:52] | I’d like to keep talking with you. | 我很想再和你聊聊天 |
[00:54] | Got a call about a catering job tonight if anyone wants it. | 接到电话 今晚有端盘子工作 有人想去吗 |
[00:57] | You’re that poor little girl who lost her baby, aren’t you? | 你就是那个没了孩子的可怜女孩 是吗 |
[00:59] | Do you wanna get out of here? | 想出去走走吗 |
[01:01] | There’s this hypothesis in theoretical physics. | 我很喜欢一个理论物理学的假设 |
[01:03] | Your true life continues as is, unchanged. | 你的真实人生继续照原定路线行进 |
[01:05] | But at the moment of decision, | 但在你做出决定的那一刻 |
[01:06] | a new life splits off into a parallel universe. | 一段新的人生就此开启 存在于平行世界里 |
[01:09] | I really doubt it was anyone at the party that ran him down. | 我不认为是聚会上的人开车撞了他 |
[01:12] | So you think I’m barking up the wrong tree? | 这么说你觉得我完全查错了方向 |
[01:14] | I’ll do anything to find out what happened to him. | 我愿意尽一切所能 查出他出事的真相 |
[01:16] | I can’t believe he’s gone. | 真不敢相信他已经不在了 |
[03:29] | Noah, is that you? | 诺亚 是你吗 |
[03:36] | Come on in for a second. | 过来一下 |
[03:44] | Sit down. Relax. | 坐 别紧张 |
[03:54] | So. How’s the writing coming? | 书写得怎么样了 |
[03:58] | It’s fine. | 还行 |
[04:00] | It’s a nice place to work, isn’t it? | 这里很适合工作对吧 |
[04:02] | So quiet, so much peace. | 安宁 平静 |
[04:08] | I noticed you out there swimming. | 我看到你刚在外面游泳 |
[04:10] | And it reminded me of something I used to do when I wanted | 这让我想起以前我不想写作的时候 |
[04:12] | to avoid the page. | 常做的事儿 |
[04:15] | I didn’t swim, but I’d go play tennis. | 我没去游泳 而是去打网球 |
[04:19] | Four hours a day. I had a tennis partner, | 一天四小时 我有个网球球友 |
[04:22] | a little Jewish fellow named Arnold. | 一个叫阿诺德的犹太小个子 |
[04:25] | And I’d beat him roundly every set. | 他根本不是我的对手 |
[04:30] | And I’d come home feeling so good about myself. | 然后我带着愉快的心情回到家里 |
[04:35] | And too tired to write a word. | 但我太累了 根本不想写作 |
[04:38] | Finally, Margaret said to me, | 最后玛格丽特跟我说 |
[04:39] | “Bruce, why don’t you write ten pages and then go play tennis?” | 布鲁斯 不如你先写十页 再去打网球 |
[04:45] | Well, I took her up on it. | 我接受了她的意见 |
[04:48] | The next time I saw Arnold it was a year later. | 等我再次见到阿诺德已经是一年后了 |
[04:52] | He whooped my ass. | 他把我打得落花流水 |
[04:55] | But I had the NewYork Times best seller. | 但我成为了《纽约周刊》畅销书作家 |
[05:08] | Well Bruce, I gotta go and get some clothes on. | 布鲁斯 我得去穿衣服了 |
[05:12] | Good. | 好 |
[05:18] | Noah? | 诺亚 |
[05:22] | I’m glad we talked. | 很高兴能跟你谈谈 |
[06:20] | Don’t wake up. | 别醒来 |
[06:32] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[06:45] | What do you think of this one? | 这个你觉得怎样 |
[06:49] | – I like it. – Better than…this one? | -不错 -比这个好吗 |
[06:55] | What’s the difference? | 有什么区别 |
[06:56] | The first one’s from Kenya.This one from Brazil. | 第一个是肯尼亚的 第二个是巴西的 |
[07:00] | And the Kenya one is made by Women’s Collective | 肯尼亚这个是由女性互助会做的 |
[07:03] | and the proceeds go to their daughters’ education. | 收入会用在她们女儿的教育上 |
[07:05] | But the Brazilian one is made from recycled cardboard pulp, | 但巴西的这个是用回收的硬纸浆做的 |
[07:10] | which is kind of amazing. | 听起来很棒的样子 |
[07:13] | Price differential? | 价格呢 |
[07:14] | Negligible. | 相差不大 |
[07:17] | I have to skype this morning with Leslie | 今天早上我要跟莱斯利通网络电话 |
[07:19] | so we can do inventory. Can you take the kids? | 盘点下存货 你能照看下孩子吗 |
[07:21] | Well, I’m supposed to have a breakfast meeting with Harry. | 我和哈利有个早餐会 |
[07:23] | Oh, good, he called you. | 不错 他联系你了 |
[07:25] | Actually, I called him. | 事实上是我联系他的 |
[07:26] | – I told him to call you. – He didn’t. | -我叫他联系你了 -他没有 |
[07:28] | Whitney, can you watch Trevor and Stacey for a couple hours? | 惠特尼 你能帮我照看一下特雷弗和史黛丝吗 |
[07:31] | I can’t, grandma got me an interview to be an au pair. | 不行 外婆帮我找了个互惠客的面试 |
[07:35] | – What? – I’ll call you right back. | -什么 -一会打给你 |
[07:38] | Yes, it’s a woman on the board. | 是的 委员会里的一个女人 |
[07:40] | Her grandchildren are visiting from London, | 她的孙辈们从伦敦来看她 |
[07:42] | and it’s just too much for her to handle. | 她一个人应付不来 |
[07:43] | So you thought Whitney could handle it? | 那你觉得惠特尼能应付吗 |
[07:45] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[07:46] | Well, you realize this is a real responsibility? | 你知道那可是要负责任的吗 |
[07:48] | You’re gonna have to go there every day | 你每天都要去那儿 |
[07:51] | and these people will be relying on you. | 他们会需要你能尽职尽责 |
[07:53] | Mom, can you not talk to me | 妈 不要把我说得 |
[07:54] | like I’m some sort of delinquent? | 好像很没有责任心一样好吗 |
[07:55] | Honestly, Helen? | 真要这么说吗 海伦 |
[07:57] | I thought you wanted her to have something to do this summer | 我以为你希望她这个夏天能找点事来做 |
[07:59] | so she didn’t get into trouble having s-e-x. | 这样就没时间出去到处乱搞了 |
[08:04] | They can spell, mom. They can all spell. | 妈 不要以为他们听不懂好吗 |
[08:06] | I’ll reschedule the meeting with Harry. | 我重新安排下跟哈利的会面时间吧 |
[08:08] | No, don’t, it’s important. I want you to go. | 不用 这很重要 我希望你去 |
[08:10] | Dad, you’re on childcare this morning. | 爸 今早你来看孩子 |
[08:27] | I’m sorry I’m late. | 对不起我迟到了 |
[08:29] | What a chaos on the house this morning. | 早上家里事儿太多了 |
[08:30] | Oh, please. It’s not a problem. | 没关系的 别在意 |
[08:32] | Four kids you can’t find time to do anything. | 家里有四个孩子 哪还有时间做其他事儿 |
[08:34] | – Never mind write. – Yeah, I tend to get up early. | -更别说写作了 -是啊 所以我习惯早起 |
[08:38] | – How early do you get up? – Uh, 5:00, sometimes 4:00. | -你起得有多早 -五点吧 有时四点 |
[08:42] | Write for a few hours before the kids get up. | 赶在孩子们起床前写上几个小时 |
[08:44] | Is that a little tip you learned from your father-in-law? | 你这个诀窍是跟你老丈人学的吗 |
[08:46] | Right, yeah, I guess– I guess he does that too. | 是啊 他也这么干对吧 |
[08:51] | – Hey, can I get some coffee? – Yes, sir. | -给我来杯咖啡好吗 -好的 |
[08:53] | – So thanks for meeting with me. – Oh, oh, no, it’s my pleasure. | -谢谢你来跟我见面 -乐意之至 |
[08:56] | I never get the chance to meet serious young writers anymore. | 我一直没机会跟正儿八经的年轻作家见面 |
[08:59] | These days, it’s all fantasy or memoir or cheap detective shit. | 这年头 净是些写科幻啊自传啊扯淡侦探小说的 |
[09:04] | Or everyone is self publishing online and wasting their talent. | 或者大家干脆都在网上写 简直浪费才能 |
[09:08] | Every year I tell myself, you know what, I’m gonna finally– | 每年我都告诉自己 我再也… |
[09:10] | I’m gonna get out of this business | 再也不干这行了 |
[09:12] | and then, somehow, I don’t. God knows why. | 但我却还是继续干 谁知道为什么 |
[09:15] | It’s not the money. | 不是因为钱 |
[09:17] | It might be inertia or…fear. | 可能是因为惰性或者恐惧吧 |
[09:21] | My wife just went back to get her master’s | 我妻子刚回学校攻读硕士学位了 |
[09:22] | and we got two kids in private schools. | 我们俩孩子都在私立学校念书 |
[09:25] | I’m sorry, I have no idea why I’m telling you this. | 不好意思 我也不知道为什么跟你说这个 |
[09:27] | That’s okay. I-I’m interested. | 没事 我很感兴趣 |
[09:31] | You got an honest face. | 你天生一副老实人的样子 |
[09:34] | Anyone ever tell you that? | 有人这么跟你说过吗 |
[09:37] | Uh, yeah. I guess I heard it before. | 好像以前是有人这么说过 |
[09:40] | Well, you know what? We can save my life story for another time. | 这样吧 我的故事我们下次再聊 |
[09:43] | Why don’t you tell me about this book of yours? | 你先跟我说一下你的书吧 |
[09:45] | Well, uh…I’m not sure there’s much to tell yet. | 其实现在还没什么好说的 |
[09:49] | It’s kinda why I wanted to meet with you. | 正因为这个我才想跟你见见面 |
[09:51] | So you, okay, you said it was set out here? | 这样啊 你说过故事背景是这里对吧 |
[09:53] | – Right. – So what is it about? | -对 -那是关于什么内容的 |
[09:58] | Well, I think it’s about the death of the American pastoral. | 关于美国田园生活的消亡 |
[10:04] | How, uh, the authenticity of a small tourist town | 一个旅游度假小镇的淳朴真实 |
[10:08] | gets co-opted and commercialized | 是如何被改造被商业化 |
[10:10] | until it becomes a parody of itself. | 最终失去本色 沦于凡俗 |
[10:14] | And…? | 还有吗 |
[10:17] | Uh, that’s all I got so far. | 目前我就构思出这么多 |
[10:19] | Are there any characters? | 有什么人物吗 |
[10:20] | Sure, sure, yeah. No, um…there’s a–yeah. | 当然 是一个… |
[10:23] | Small town girl, city guy. They meet, fall in love. | 小镇女孩和一个大城市的男人 他们相遇相爱 |
[10:27] | – But…? – But he’s already married. | -但是 -但是他已经有家室了 |
[10:31] | – And…? – And so she… | -还有 -她也是… |
[10:36] | – Well, I’ve read it before. – Right. | -这故事有点老套 -没错 |
[10:41] | So how is it different? | 那你的创新点是什么 |
[10:47] | He kills her. | 他把她杀了 |
[10:50] | In the end. | 故事的最后 |
[10:52] | Okay. Now I’m interested. | 好 这我感兴趣 |
[10:55] | How does he do it? | 他怎么杀的她 |
[10:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:59] | Why does he do it? | 他为什么杀她 |
[11:02] | I don’t know that either. | 也不知道 |
[11:04] | To save himself and protect the life that he’s got? | 他为了拯救自己 保护自己现有的生活吗 |
[11:07] | Right. | 对 |
[11:09] | So this publishing house that you’re with. | 话说你合作的出版公司是哪家 |
[11:13] | – Wind Chime Press. – You sign a contract? | -风铃出版公司 -你签合同了吗 |
[11:16] | No, no. Handshake deal. | 没有 是口头协议 |
[11:18] | Good. Well, I tell you what. | 那就好 我跟你说 |
[11:20] | When you got some pages, I want you to show them to me first. | 你写出点东西的时候 先拿来给我看看 |
[11:22] | Okay, great. I’ll do that. | 可以 没问题 |
[11:25] | – Good. – Thanks. | -好 -谢谢 |
[11:49] | I remember you. Four kids, right? | 我记得你 有四个孩子的那个对吧 |
[11:53] | – Uh, yeah, yeah, that’s me. – Left them at home today? | -对 就是我 -把他们留在家里了吗 |
[11:55] | – Table for one? – Oh, no, no, no. | -一个人来吃东西吗 -不是不是 |
[11:57] | No, actually, no, I’m just here to, um… | 其实我是来… |
[11:59] | I-I gotta…buy a couple T-shirts for my kids. | 我想 给我的孩子买几件T恤衫 |
[12:03] | Oh, great. Come with me. | 好 跟我来 |
[12:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[12:07] | So I’ve got a child’s small, child’s medium, | 一件小号童装 一件中号童装 |
[12:09] | and two adult smalls. | 还有两件小号成人装 |
[12:12] | – That’ll be an even 100. – Dollars? | -刚好一百块 -美元吗 |
[12:15] | Yeah, sorry. They are not cheap. | 不好意思 这种T恤确实不便宜 |
[12:20] | So there was this girl working here last time we came. | 上次我们来的时候有个女侍应生 |
[12:24] | – What’s she look like? – She had long brown hair. | -长什么样 -棕色长发 |
[12:28] | – She–pretty. – Alison? | -很漂亮 -艾莉森吗 |
[12:30] | – Yeah, she’s not in right now. – Okay. | -她现在不在 -这样 |
[12:33] | – Were you looking for her? – No, no, no. | -你找她有事吗 -没有没有 |
[12:35] | She’s just, um–I just wanted to thank her for something. | 她…我想跟她道个谢 |
[12:39] | Oh, I’ll let her know you stopped by. | 我会告诉她你来过了 |
[12:42] | – Great, thanks, man. – You got it. | -那太好了 谢谢 老兄 -不客气 |
[12:48] | Say, is there a library in town? | 话说这镇上有图书馆吗 |
[13:11] | 《孤独的旅行者》 诺亚·索洛维著 | |
[13:45] | I heard you were looking for me. | 听说你在找我 |
[13:47] | Yeah, I’m just, uh, I’m doing some research for my book. | 对 我正在为新书搜集素材 |
[13:50] | How about a tour of the island? | 要不我带你岛上四处逛逛 |
[13:54] | Actually, can we talk for a second? | 其实 我们能聊聊吗 |
[13:57] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:01] | So, uh… | 话说… |
[14:07] | Look, how do I… | 听我说 我… |
[14:09] | I really like you. | 我真的很喜欢你 |
[14:12] | But… | 但是… |
[14:14] | – You’re married. – Right. | -你有家室 -对 |
[14:18] | – And you have a family. – I do. | -你有自己的家人 -是的 |
[14:21] | – And you love them. – Of course. | -你爱他们 -当然 |
[14:23] | And you don’t want to do anything to jeopardize that. | 你不想做任何威胁到自己家庭的事 |
[14:26] | You just made that pretty easy for me. | 你把我想说的都说完了 |
[14:28] | I get it. Of course I do. | 我懂的 明白了 |
[14:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:34] | Let’s just be friends. How does that sound? | 我们就做朋友吧 怎么样 |
[14:37] | – That sounds great. – Okay. | -听起来不错 -好 |
[14:40] | So if you need help with your book | 那如果你需要帮忙搜集素材 |
[14:41] | or you need someone to talk to, | 或者是想找人聊聊天 |
[14:42] | feel free to call me. | 尽管找我 |
[14:48] | But I promise, I won’t call you. | 但我保证 我不会主动找你 |
[15:04] | Hey, where ya headed, friend? | 你准备去哪儿啊 朋友 |
[15:15] | – Hey, Will. – Hey, Alison. | -威尔 -艾莉森 |
[15:18] | This is my friend, Noah. He wants to buy some fish. | 这是我朋友诺亚 他想买点鱼 |
[15:21] | – Hi. – Great. | -你好 -没问题 |
[15:22] | We hit a round of porgies last night, man. | 我们昨晚捕到了一批鲷鱼 |
[15:24] | – Does that interest you? – Sure. | -你感兴趣吗 -当然 |
[15:28] | Well, I don’t know what they are exactly. But– | 其实我不知道那是什么 但是 |
[15:29] | they’re good. And rare for these parts. | 那鱼不错的 而且在这里很少见 |
[15:31] | Buy ’em. | 买吧 |
[15:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:39] | Mr. Solloway. It’s good to see you again. | 索洛维先生 很高兴再次见到你 |
[15:42] | – Scotty Lockhart. – Hi, scotty. | -斯科蒂·洛克哈特 -你好 斯科蒂 |
[15:45] | I see you discovered the best kept secret in Montauk. | 看来你发现了蒙托克隐藏最深的秘密 |
[15:48] | Will is like the pied piper of fish. | 威尔简直就像引领鱼群的魔笛手 |
[15:51] | We keep him on something of a monthly retainer at the ranch. | 我们每个月都让他固定给农场供货 |
[15:54] | – Isn’t that right, Alison? – That’s right, Scotty. | -对吧 艾莉森 -是的 斯科蒂 |
[15:58] | Well, it was good to bump into you both. | 很高兴遇到你们俩 |
[16:01] | Don’t let my sister-in-law monopolize | 别让我的嫂子占用你 |
[16:03] | too much of your time, Mr. Solloway. | 太多时间 索洛维先生 |
[16:05] | She’s a talker. | 她很唠叨的 |
[16:10] | I invited myself over for dinner tonight | 今晚市民集会后我打算不请自来 |
[16:12] | after the town hall. So I hope that’s okay. | 去你家吃晚餐 希望你不介意 |
[16:15] | – Cole says he’s making ribs. – Great. | -科尔说他要做肋排 -好的 |
[16:18] | See you then. | 到时候见 |
[16:26] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[16:28] | Yeah. Fine. | 我没事 |
[16:33] | You still want those fish, man? | 这些鱼你还要吗 |
[16:36] | No, thanks. Maybe next time. | 不了 谢谢 下次吧 |
[16:43] | – So there’s a town hall tonight. – yep. | -所以今晚有市民集会 -是的 |
[16:47] | – What’s on the agenda? – Mostly bullshit. | -都有些什么内容呢 -基本都是胡扯 |
[16:50] | Can I come see it? | 那我能来吗 |
[16:53] | I mean, is it open to the public? | 我是说 是对公众开放的吗 |
[16:55] | Yeah, I think so. | 我想是的 |
[17:04] | No, stop. Stop, stop, stop, stop. | 不 等等 别这样 |
[17:08] | Stop. Didn’t we talk about this? | 别这样 我们不是说好了吗 |
[17:11] | Come on. Remember what I said. | 记得我说过什么吗 |
[17:13] | – You didn’t say it, I did. – Sure, whatever. | -你没说 是我说的 -是啊 |
[17:16] | Point is, I– | 重点是 我 |
[17:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:22] | I get it. | 我懂了 |
[17:24] | See you around. | 回见 |
[17:39] | That was delicious, Miranda. | 这太好吃了 米兰达 |
[17:41] | Thank you, I want to get the recipe before we go. | 谢谢 走之前一定要给我菜谱 |
[17:46] | – Trevor? – Yes, grandma? | -特雷弗 -什么事 外婆 |
[17:49] | – Those peas are dead. – I know. | -那些豆子都已经死了 -我知道 |
[17:51] | Well, it’s not necessary to stab them with the cutlery. | 所以没有必要再拿餐刀捅它们了 |
[17:54] | Why don’t you try using your knife | 你可以试试用刀子 |
[17:55] | to encourage them upon the fork | 把它们赶到叉子上 |
[17:58] | and then lift them all gracefully to your mouth? | 然后把它们全都优雅的送到你的嘴里 |
[18:01] | – Mom? – You can ignore her. | -妈妈 -你不用理她 |
[18:02] | It’s okay. Just finish your soup, honey. | 没事的 把你的汤喝完就好 宝贝 |
[18:04] | So how’d it go today, Whit? | 你今天怎么样 惠特 |
[18:05] | Awful. The kids are spoiled brats. | 糟透了 简直就是一帮熊孩子 |
[18:07] | Really? What’s that like? | 真的吗 他们怎么了 |
[18:09] | They don’t do anything I ask them to, | 我说什么他们都不听 |
[18:10] | and the mother doesn’t trust me anyway. | 他们的母亲也不信任我 |
[18:12] | She was hovering the whole time, correcting everything I did. | 她一直在周围转 对我做的所有事指手画脚 |
[18:15] | Oh, and the father’s a lech. | 还有 那爸爸是个色鬼 |
[18:16] | – A lech? – yeah. | -色鬼 -是的 |
[18:17] | I caught him staring at my butt, like, five times. | 我发现他盯着我屁股看了至少有五次 |
[18:19] | Okay, that’s it. She’s not going back there. | 好吧 够了 她不会再去了 |
[18:20] | Well, let’s talk about it later. | 这事儿我们晚点再谈吧 |
[18:22] | What’s to talk about? You heard what she said. | 有什么好说的 你都听到她说的了 |
[18:23] | – Yeah, I heard. – And? | -是的 我听到了 -然后呢 |
[18:25] | And I think Whitney has a tendency to exaggerate | 我认为惠特尼在尝试说服别人时 |
[18:28] | when she wants to be persuasive. | 一向都很爱夸大事实 |
[18:30] | Oh, great, so you’re calling me a liar now? | 好吧 你是在说我说谎吗 |
[18:32] | Sounds to me like the fellow has taste. | 在我看来那个家伙挺有品味的 |
[18:34] | – You can’t fault him for that. – Grandpa! | -这也不能怪他 -外公 |
[18:36] | Yeah, dad, stay out of this, please. | 爸爸 别来掺和了行吗 |
[18:37] | – May I be excused? – No. | -我能退席了吗 -不行 |
[18:39] | – May I be excused? – Children, please. | -我能退席了吗 -孩子们 拜托 |
[18:41] | How do you think it makes Miranda feel | 才上到第二道菜 |
[18:43] | when you ask to leave the table | 你们就想要提前离开 |
[18:44] | in the middle of the second course | 这会让付出辛苦劳动的 |
[18:45] | after all the work she’s done? | 米兰达怎么想呢 |
[18:47] | Miranda doesn’t give a shit | 米兰达才他妈不在乎呢 |
[18:48] | ’cause she’s getting paid either way. | 反正她都有薪水拿 |
[18:49] | – excuse me? – I heard, I heard what he said. | -你说什么 -我听到了 我听到他说的了 |
[18:51] | He said Miranda doesn’t give a–ow! | 他说米兰达才不… |
[18:54] | Just because daddy curses doesn’t mean you can. | 爸爸说了脏话不代表你也可以 |
[18:57] | Daddy’s a grown-up. | 爸爸是成年人 |
[19:00] | Quite right. | 说得太对了 |
[19:04] | When your mother and father got engaged, | 在你父母订婚之后 |
[19:06] | I was mildly alarmed. | 我当时有点担忧 |
[19:07] | Trevor, open your eyes. The obvious move is the bishop. | 特雷弗 睁眼看看 这时候明显要走象啊 |
[19:10] | I never thought they’d actually go through with it. | 我从来没想过他们真的会结婚 |
[19:13] | She was thinking I’d come to my senses | 她当时认为我会恢复理智 |
[19:15] | and marry Alex Jamison. | 嫁给艾利克斯·杰米森 |
[19:17] | I was lighting candles day and night. | 我从早到晚都在祈祷 |
[19:18] | – Like that? – No, not like that. | -像这样吗 -不 不是这样 |
[19:21] | That’s check, or I could take your queen like that. | 这样就将军了 或者我可以这样吃了你的后 |
[19:24] | Alex Jamison was gay. | 艾利克斯·杰米森是同性恋 |
[19:26] | Everybody knew it except you. | 所有人都知道 除了你 |
[19:28] | No, I knew it, I just didn’t think it was a deal breaker. | 不 我知道 我只是不认为那是什么大事 |
[19:31] | Anyway, the day of the wedding, I broke out in hives. | 总之 在婚礼那天 我都出疹子了 |
[19:35] | – That’s so not true. – I did. | -才不是那样 -是真的 |
[19:37] | Dr. Laemmle had to come to the church | 莱姆利医生还特地来了教堂 |
[19:38] | to give me a steroid shot. | 给我打了一针类固醇 |
[19:40] | It’s true. He did. | 是真的 他来了 |
[19:41] | Why’d you break into hives, grandma? | 你为什么会出疹子呢 外婆 |
[19:43] | I was stressed, my love. | 我压力很大 亲爱的 |
[19:45] | I thought, my darling daughter, 21 years old, | 我心里想 我那21岁的宝贝女儿 |
[19:48] | knows nothing about life, | 对生活一无所知 |
[19:49] | about to wed her fate to this– | 却要嫁给这个 |
[19:52] | this idealist. | 这个理想主义者 |
[19:55] | Oh, no, that does sound like a nightmare–idealist? | 天哪 听起来真是个噩梦啊 理想主义者 |
[19:58] | Idealism is fine when you’re young. | 理想主义在年轻的时候是可行的 |
[20:01] | Just don’t forget the need to find a man who can evolve. | 只是别忘了要找个能够向更深层次进化的男人 |
[20:05] | – Evolve to what? – To pragmatism. | -进化成什么 -进化成实用主义者 |
[20:09] | Which looks like exactly what, Margaret? | 实用主义者又是怎么样的呢 玛格丽特 |
[20:11] | – Please don’t take the bait. – No, no, no. | -别上她的当 -不 不行 |
[20:14] | Pragmatism equals money, doesn’t it? | 实用主义就是钱 对不对 |
[20:16] | That’s the way the world works, Noah, like it or not. | 世界就是这样 诺亚 不管你喜不喜欢 |
[20:18] | I know this doesn’t make a lot of sense to you, | 我知道你可能无法理解 |
[20:20] | but Helen and I are trying to raise decent human beings, | 但海伦和我是在尝试培养出优秀的后代 |
[20:23] | good citizens, | 守法公民 |
[20:24] | not just happy idiots with nothing in their heads | 而不是脑袋空空就会享乐的傻瓜 |
[20:28] | but how to get more, spend more, make more. | 唯一会的就是怎么赚得更多 花得更多 |
[20:31] | Is that what you really think about us, Noah? | 这就是你对我们的印象吗 诺亚 |
[20:34] | As you accept our money | 就在你拿着我们的钱 |
[20:35] | for private school tuitions, the down payment on– | 交私立学校的学费 付预付定金给 |
[20:37] | Oh, we’re very grateful for everything you’ve given us. | 我们十分感激你们提供的一切 |
[20:39] | You have an odd way of showing it. | 你表达感激的方式还真奇怪 |
[20:40] | Mom, stop trying to pick a fight with my husband. | 妈 别和我丈夫吵架 |
[20:45] | We’ll talk about it later, just the two of us. | 我们俩回头再谈 就我们两个 |
[20:53] | Can’t change her. | 你改变不了她的 |
[21:00] | I’m gonna go out for a little bit. | 我要出去一下 |
[21:02] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[21:02] | Yeah, there’s a town hall meeting. | 是啊 有个市民集会 |
[21:04] | I just want to get a little background for my book. | 我想去为我的书收集一点背景资料 |
[21:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:11] | – See you later. – Bye. | -晚点回来 -再见 |
[21:41] | Hey, man. What are you doing here? | 哥们 你在这里干什么 |
[21:43] | I don’t know, I thought it might be interesting. | 没什么 就想来看看热闹 |
[21:46] | Missed it, I guess. | 看来是我错过了 |
[21:47] | You didn’t miss anything, really. | 你什么都没错过 |
[21:49] | Lockharts fucking pissed all over everything, as usual. | 跟往常一样 洛克哈特家把气氛都毁了 |
[21:53] | Then everyone else got drunk. | 然后每个人都喝醉了 |
[21:54] | Now we’re all going home. | 现在大家都准备回家 |
[21:56] | Oh, your girl’s here, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你的女孩也在 |
[21:58] | – Bye. – Bye. | -再见 -再见 |
[22:01] | My girl? | 我的女孩 |
[22:02] | Yeah, aren’t you looking for Alison earlier? | 是啊 你之前不是在找艾莉森吗 |
[22:04] | – No. – No? | -不是 -不是吗 |
[22:05] | No, no, I think you must have misunderstood. | 不是 我想你一定是误会了 |
[22:14] | I’m sure I did. | 看来我是误会了 |
[22:18] | Nice to see you again, buddy. | 很高兴再次见到你 伙计 |
[22:19] | – Have a good night. – Night. | -祝你今晚愉快 -晚安 |
[22:26] | You made it. | 你来了 |
[22:31] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[22:33] | Hey, what’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[22:36] | Can we go somewhere and talk? Alone? | 我们能找个地方单独谈谈吗 |
[22:39] | Is there anywhere private on this whole fucking island? | 这个该死的小岛就没有什么隐秘一点的地方吗 |
[22:44] | Yes, of course. | 当然有 |
[22:46] | Hey, follow me. | 跟我来 |
[22:56] | Was your husband wondered where you are? | 你丈夫会不会担心你 |
[22:58] | Probably not. | 估计不会 |
[23:00] | I’m pretty indipendent. | 我挺独立的 |
[23:06] | – Are you okay? – No. | -你还好吗 -不好 |
[23:09] | You want to talk about it? | 你想谈谈吗 |
[23:17] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我无法停止想你 |
[23:19] | – That’s sweet. – It’s not sweet. | -你真会哄人 -我不是在哄你 |
[23:20] | It’s-it’s a fucking problem. | 这他妈是个问题 |
[23:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:26] | I can’t sleep. | 我夜不能寐 |
[23:28] | If I do, when I wake up, I’m thinking about you. | 就算睡着了 醒来满脑子想的都是你 |
[23:32] | I’m talking to my kids, I’m thinking about you. | 跟孩子们讲话时 想的也都是你 |
[23:33] | I’m fucking my wife, | 就连操我老婆的时候 |
[23:36] | I’m thinking about you. | 我都在想你 |
[23:39] | If it makes you feel any better, | 如果这么说能让你好受一点的话 |
[23:40] | I think about you all the time too. | 我也无时无刻都在想你 |
[23:44] | It doesn’t make me feel any better, no. | 这根本没让我觉得好过一些 |
[23:47] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:50] | My god. | 我的天 |
[23:55] | What am I gonna do? | 我要怎么办 |
[24:04] | You could just fuck me. | 你可以操我 |
[24:08] | Get it out of your system. | 满足你的欲望 |
[24:11] | No. | 不行 |
[24:14] | Just a thought. | 我就这么一说 |
[24:23] | Stop. Stop, stop it. | 停 停下来 |
[24:26] | I said stop it. | 我说停下来 |
[24:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:32] | I thought you wanted this. | 我以为你想要 |
[24:35] | Listen. | 听着 |
[24:38] | You can’t rush me. | 你不能催我 |
[24:51] | – We have to do this at my speed, okay? – Okay. | -我们得按我的节奏来 好吗 -好吧 |
[24:58] | I know I sound like an asshole. | 我知道我听起来像个混蛋 |
[25:01] | But I want to be in charge, okay? | 但你得听我的 知道吗 |
[25:04] | – Okay. – Okay, good. | -没问题 -很好 |
[25:07] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[25:41] | I am so sick of this shit. | 我厌倦了这一切 |
[25:44] | I can’t stand him, and I hate this goddamn car. | 我受不了他了 我恨这辆车 |
[25:47] | Who do you love? Who do you love? | 你爱谁 你爱谁 |
[25:49] | You love a car. | 你爱的是这辆车 |
[25:51] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个混蛋 |
[26:02] | Good. | 这下好了 |
[26:07] | My father will come home. He’ll see what I did. | 我父亲要回来了 他会发现我做了什么 |
[26:09] | I can’t hide this. | 我藏不住的 |
[26:14] | He’ll come home. He’ll see what I did. | 他要回来了 他会发现的 |
[26:15] | He’ll have to deal with me. | 他肯定会揍我的 |
[26:18] | I don’t care, I really don’t. | 我不管了 真的不管了 |
[26:22] | I’m just tired of being afraid. | 我不想再这样担惊受怕下去 |
[26:25] | – Hey. – Hey. | -晚上好 -晚上好 |
[26:26] | – How’d it go? – It was okay. | -玩得开心吗 -还行吧 |
[26:30] | – You get good stuff? – Yeah. | -收集到什么好素材了吗 -嗯 |
[26:32] | Mom, you’re missing the best part. | 妈 你要错过最精彩的内容了 |
[26:33] | I can’t wait to see the look on the bastard’s face. | 我等不及看那个混蛋脸上的表情了 |
[26:51] | What’d I do? | 我都干了什么 |
[27:01] | If I were you, I’d be talking to Oscar Hodges. | 如果我是你的话 我会和奥斯卡·豪治谈谈 |
[27:03] | Interesting. Tell me why. | 是吗 为什么 |
[27:07] | Did you know during prohibition, | 你知道在禁酒时期 |
[27:08] | Montauk was a major center for Moonshine production? | 蒙托克是私酿酒的主要产地之一吗 |
[27:12] | No, I didn’t. | 我不知道 |
[27:14] | It’s true–they sold to all of Long Island, half the city, | 他们的私酒遍布整个长岛和半个纽约市 |
[27:17] | and there was never a bust out here. | 政府却从没来这找过麻烦 |
[27:19] | Too far out, I suppose. | 我想是因为这里天高皇帝远 |
[27:22] | Too unassuming. | 够低调 |
[27:23] | Hmm, what are you trying to tell me, Mr. Solloway? | 你想告诉我什么 索洛维先生 |
[27:25] | I’m just trying to give you a little context | 我只是想给你一些 |
[27:26] | for this town, detective. | 这个小镇的背景情况 警探 |
[27:29] | There are feuds out here that have been going on | 这个小镇里家族之间的世仇 |
[27:30] | for almost a century. | 已经持续了近一个世纪 |
[27:31] | Between the Hodges and the Lockharts? | 豪治家族和洛克哈特家族之间的矛盾吗 |
[27:38] | Do yourself a favor. Read my book. | 就当为你自己好 读读我的书吧 |
[27:40] | Okay, I will. | 好的 我会的 |
[27:44] | So we done here? | 谈话可以结束了吗 |
[27:45] | I told my wife I’d be home for dinner. | 我跟我妻子说了会回去吃晚饭 |
[27:46] | Eh, almost, Mr. Solloway. | 差不多了 索洛维先生 |
[27:48] | Just stay with me a little longer. | 再一会就好了 |
[27:53] | Of course. | 好的 |
[28:00] | This is Long Island’s public radio at 88.3 FM. | 您正收听的是88.3长岛广播电台 |
[28:04] | South Hampton, New York. | 纽约州南汉普顿 |
[28:06] | Now we got some Dolly Parton for you. | 我们准备了多莉·帕顿的歌送给大家 |
[28:08] | At the top of the hour, news, traffic, and weather. | 整点时 我们会送上新闻交通天气内容 |
[28:10] | But first, here’s Dolly. | 首先 让我们听听多莉的歌 |
[28:14] | *Cowboy boots and your painted-on jeans* | *牛仔靴和你画好的牛仔裤* |
[28:16] | *All decked out like a cowgirl’s dream* | *都描绘出一个牛仔女孩的梦* |
[28:19] | *Why’d you come in here looking like that?* | *为什么你穿成这样来这里* |
[28:25] | *Here comes my baby* | *我的宝贝来了* |
[28:28] | *Dragging my heart behind, he’s driving me crazy* | *牵动着我的心 他让我疯狂* |
[28:36] | Think I missed my calling. | 我觉得我入错行了 |
[28:39] | There’s still time. | 还来得及跳槽 |
[28:44] | You know, that’s gotta be illegal. | 要知道 那是违法的 |
[28:47] | What are they building over there, anyway? | 不过他们在那里到底要建什么 |
[28:49] | Some kind of observatory? | 天文台吗 |
[28:51] | Maybe they’re amateur astrologers. | 也许他们是业余的占星家 |
[28:53] | I don’t care if it’s NASA’s new fucking headquarters. | 我才不管那是不是美国航天局的新总部 |
[28:55] | They’re already at max height. They can’t go any higher. | 他们已经达到建筑高度限制了 不能再建高了 |
[28:58] | And they’re blocking everybody’s view of the ocean. | 而且他们这样阻挡了大家的海景视线 |
[28:59] | – Not ours. – That’s not the point. | -没阻挡我们的 -这不是重点 |
[29:02] | Those people are parasites. | 这些人就是寄生虫 |
[29:03] | No respect for private property, | 毫不尊重私人有财产 |
[29:05] | no sense of community, no appreciation for natural beauty. | 毫不考虑社区环境 毫不欣赏自然之美 |
[29:08] | They’re gonna build that fucking thing, | 就算他们建了那个鬼东西 |
[29:10] | and they’ll be here for three months max, | 也不会在那住上超过三个月 |
[29:11] | and we’ll be stuck looking at that eyesore | 而我们却得无时无刻忍受 |
[29:13] | for the rest of the year. | 看着那烦人的玩意儿 |
[29:18] | How do I look? | 我看上去怎么样 |
[29:20] | You look like you need a new dress. | 你看上去需要一条新裙子 |
[29:23] | I mean, you look incredible. | 我是说 你美翻了 |
[29:25] | But this thing, I mean, seriously, how old is that? | 但这裙子 说实话 得有多旧了 |
[29:28] | I know, but I like it. | 我知道 但是我很喜欢它 |
[29:31] | I wanna buy you some new clothes. | 我要给你买些新衣裳 |
[29:32] | – No, we can’t afford it. – Sure, we can. | -不行 我们买不起的 -我们当然买得起 |
[29:35] | The summer people are back. | 夏日度假的人回来了 |
[29:37] | A couple weeks, we’ll all be flush. | 只要几个礼拜 我们荷包就会鼓鼓的 |
[29:39] | Please? | 给个机会吧 |
[29:40] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:43] | My pleasure. | 荣幸之极 |
[29:46] | Wish me luck. | 祝我好运 |
[29:49] | What? | 怎么了 |
[29:53] | Nothing, I–nothing. | 没事 我…没事 |
[29:57] | I got used to having you around. | 只是我习惯了有你在身边 |
[30:00] | It’s been nice. | 这种感觉很好 |
[30:03] | I can’t keep working for Oscar. | 我不能一直为奥斯卡打工 |
[30:06] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:09] | I’m gonna miss you, that’s it. | 我只想说 我会想你的 |
[30:12] | I’ll be back in time for town hall tonight. | 我今晚会准时参加市民集会的 |
[30:16] | Does it need gas? | 需要加油吗 |
[30:17] | – No. – Oh, I love this song. | -不用 -我好爱这首歌 |
[30:20] | Catch it in the car. | 我去车里听 |
[30:22] | Bye. | 再见 |
[30:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[30:26] | *she makes him coffee* | *她为他煮咖啡* |
[30:29] | *she makes his bed* | *她为他铺床* |
[30:33] | *she does the* | *她为他* |
[30:34] | *laundry* | *洗衣服* |
[30:36] | *she keeps him fed* | *她喂饱他的肚子* |
[30:39] | Can we talk a little about Cole? | 我们能谈谈科尔吗 |
[30:41] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[30:42] | Did he know you were having an affair at this point? | 当时他知道你出轨了吗 |
[30:45] | I wasn’t having an affair at this point, detective. | 我当时没有出轨 警探 |
[30:48] | I had kissed a stranger on the beach. | 只是在海滩上吻了一个陌生人 |
[31:37] | Hi. Oh, my god. | 嘿 天呐 |
[31:40] | Hey. How are you? | 你好吗 |
[31:43] | What a nice surprise. Good to see you. | 真是惊喜啊 很高兴见到你 |
[31:45] | – Welcome back. – It’s been a long time. | -欢迎回来 -好久不见 |
[31:46] | I was thinking I could maybe | 我在想我能不能回来 |
[31:48] | start back a couple of shifts a week. | 每周上几轮班 |
[31:50] | Some overnights, maybe, when it’s quieter. | 或许值些夜班 那时候人少些 |
[31:53] | I don’t mind taking the shifts that nobody else wanted. | 我不介意接手那些没人选的时间段 |
[31:56] | And you would like to return to pediatrics? | 你是想回到小儿科吗 |
[32:00] | Well, could I be reassigned to something like surgical maybe? | 我能申请转到其他科室吗 比如说外科 |
[32:07] | Or neuro? | 或者神经科 |
[32:08] | You’re not trained for surgical, are you? | 你没受过外科培训 对吧 |
[32:10] | I could go back and take a few extra classes first. | 我可以先回去上一些额外的课程 |
[32:14] | Yeah, um… | 这样啊 |
[32:17] | I don’t see an opening in surgical or neuro at the moment, | 目前外科或者神经科没有空缺 |
[32:19] | but I know there’s a spot | 但是我知道 |
[32:21] | they’re looking to fill on the float pool. | 流动岗位在招人 |
[32:23] | But that would include pediatrics. | 但是那个岗位可能会轮岗到儿科 |
[32:26] | – Yeah, I’ll take it. – Are you sure? | -好 我接受 -你确定 |
[32:29] | I’m sure. | 我确定 |
[32:34] | Okay, why don’t we go take a look around? | 行 不如我们四处看看 |
[32:36] | And I’ll show you some things | 我带你去看一下 |
[32:38] | that have changed since you left. | 你走之后发生的变化 |
[32:45] | So we’re supposed to redo this area soon. | 这里据说很快会重新装修了 |
[32:48] | Thank god. | 谢天谢地 |
[32:52] | Cassandra? | 卡珊德拉 |
[32:53] | These live reports just came up. | 这是刚刚出来的报告 |
[32:55] | Let’s see. | 我来看看 |
[32:57] | – Did you notice that one? – Okay. | -你注意到那个了吗 -好的 |
[32:59] | One second, hon. | 稍等 亲爱的 |
[33:15] | Mama, I’m gonna be sick. | 妈妈我要吐了 |
[33:30] | Oh, dear. | 亲爱的 |
[33:31] | Here, come here. Come with me. | 来我这儿 跟我来 |
[33:33] | Yeah. This your room? | 这是你的病房吗 |
[33:35] | Okay, let’s get you cleaned up and check your fluids. | 好的 我们来擦干净 检查看看你有没有脱水 |
[33:38] | Lie back for me. | 躺下来 |
[33:40] | There you go. | 好了 |
[33:42] | Does that hurt? | 疼吗 |
[33:43] | All right, I’ll be right back. Yeah. | 好的 我马上回来 |
[33:46] | Why don’t you meet me in the cafeteria in about 20 minutes? | 不如你去餐厅等我吧 大约20分钟 |
[33:49] | Yeah, put it on my card. You remember how to get there? | 吃什么刷我的卡就行了 还记得怎么走吗 |
[33:53] | Okay, sweetie. | 宝贝 |
[33:55] | Let’s take a look. | 让我检查一下 |
[33:56] | What’s he had to eat today? | 他今天吃了什么 |
[35:00] | Do you have a secret, detective? | 你有秘密吗 警探 |
[35:05] | What kind of secret? | 什么样的秘密 |
[35:10] | Something you don’t want to even tell yourself. | 连自己都不想告诉的秘密 |
[35:15] | How would I know if I did? | 即使真的有 我又怎么会知道 |
[35:20] | I think you do. | 我觉得你有 |
[35:23] | I think everybody does. | 每个人都有 |
[35:30] | Every single person in the world. | 世界上的每一个人都有 |
[35:59] | Oh, nice of you to show up for work, Bailey. | 真难得 你居然来上班了 贝利 |
[36:02] | Lay off, Oscar. I’m not in the mood. | 闭嘴奥斯卡 我没心情 |
[36:04] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[36:05] | Maybe I’m not in the mood to pay you. | 也许我也没心情给你发工资 |
[36:06] | How’s that? | 如何 |
[36:09] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[36:10] | – Okay. – That was so good. | -好的 -太棒了 |
[36:19] | That’s 15 and 20. Thanks so much. | 找您的钱 多谢惠顾 |
[36:22] | Some guy came around here looking for you. | 有个男人来这里找过你 |
[36:25] | – Who? – I don’t know who he was. | -谁 -我不认识 |
[36:28] | Waited for a while and then put a note on the board. | 他等了一会儿 然后在公告板上给你留言了 |
[36:35] | – Aren’t you gonna read it? – Later. | -你不看看吗 -再说 |
[36:56] | 需要你的帮助 打给我 | |
[37:14] | – What is it? – My plan. | -这是什么 -我的大计 |
[37:16] | For the plot next door. | 关于旁边那块土地的规划 |
[37:19] | – Is that a bowling alley? – Yes, it is. | -那是保龄球馆吗 -没错 |
[37:22] | – What do you think? – You’re out of your mind. | -你觉得怎么样 -你简直疯了 |
[37:25] | – They’ll never approve this. – Well, they have to. | -他们不可能同意的 -他们必须同意 |
[37:27] | My financing just came through, | 我已经筹备好资金了 |
[37:29] | and I want to break ground before winter. | 在冬天之前我要开始动工 |
[37:30] | Oscar, nobody wants a bowling alley here. | 奥斯卡 不会有人想要保龄球馆 |
[37:32] | Untrue. Many, many people whom I’ve already talked to | 错 我跟很多人谈过 他们非常乐意 |
[37:35] | would love to have somewhere to bowl | 有个打保龄球的场所 |
[37:37] | because it’s enjoyable. | 因为这是一种享受 |
[37:39] | “Enjoyment,” which is a word | 享受这个词 |
[37:40] | I know you’re not very familiar with, | 我知道你不太懂 |
[37:42] | is the noun version of the verb “To enjoy,” | 这里是它的名词形式 |
[37:45] | which means to have fun, to smile. | 意思是要找乐子 要高兴 |
[37:47] | Wait, wait. Here, I’ll use it in a sentence. | 等等 听我说 我给你造个句 |
[37:50] | Bowling is enjoyable. Sex is enjoyable. | 打保龄球是一种享受 做爱是一种享受 |
[37:54] | Seeing you naked would be, for me, enjoyable. | 看你的裸体 对我来说也是一种享受 |
[37:58] | You realize that constitutes sexual harassment, right? | 你知道你已经构成性骚扰了吗 |
[38:00] | Yeah, so sue me. | 那告我吧 |
[38:04] | My section’s almost clear. | 我那一区基本没客人了 |
[38:06] | Can I go? | 可以走了吗 |
[38:09] | – You just got here. – I know. | -你才刚来 -我知道 |
[38:12] | I’m just–I’m just having a tough day. | 只是 我今天很难受 |
[38:17] | Okay, Bailey. Get out of here. | 好吧 贝利 走吧 |
[38:20] | Go wash your hair or something. | 去洗洗头什么的 |
[38:22] | – Thank you. – Go. | -谢谢 -走吧 |
[38:25] | You can give Jane my tips today. | 把我今天的小费给简吧 |
[38:27] | Okay, and, uh, as long as you’re in a generous mood, | 好的 既然你如此大方 |
[38:30] | how about a promise you’ll have my back | 不如跟我保证今晚在市民集会上 |
[38:31] | at the town hall tonight? | 你会支持我吧 |
[38:34] | Why would I do that? | 我为什么要帮你 |
[38:37] | Because you care about me, Bailey, | 因为你在乎我 贝利 |
[38:38] | Because we go way back, | 因为我们交情可深了 |
[38:41] | and because, unlike your husband, | 还因为 不像你的丈夫 |
[38:42] | you understand that people need to change in order to survive. | 你明白人为了生存必须做出改变 |
[39:34] | That was quick. I just got your text. | 真快 我才收到你的短信 |
[39:37] | Well, I was coming from work, so I just thought I’d stop by. | 我刚好下班 就想着顺路过来 |
[39:48] | So what I’m thinking is maybe he’s a fisherman | 我是这么想的 也许他是个渔夫 |
[39:51] | and she’s a waitress. | 而她是个侍应生 |
[39:53] | – A waitress? – Yeah, but she’s nothing like you. | -侍应生 -是的 但跟你完全不一样 |
[39:57] | – Oh, no? – No, no, she’s… | -不一样吗 -不 她… |
[40:00] | Well, she’s blonde, for starters, | 首先 她是金发 |
[40:01] | and her breasts are much bigger. | 胸也比你要大得多 |
[40:15] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[40:22] | Ah, here it is. | 在这里 |
[40:29] | – That’s him. – Your grandfather? | -这个人 -你祖父吗 |
[40:34] | How old is he there? | 他当时年纪多大 |
[40:35] | I’m not sure, like, 25, 26? | 我不确定 大约25或26吧 |
[40:39] | Great fisherman, huh? | 真是厉害的渔夫 |
[40:41] | Well, we don’t think he actually caught that fish. | 我们都不觉得那条鱼是他捕的 |
[40:43] | He said he did, but my grandmother always thought | 他说是 但我祖母一直认为 |
[40:47] | that he found it on the docks and then asked someone | 是他在码头上发现的 然后找了个人 |
[40:49] | to take his picture next to it. | 帮他跟鱼拍了张合照 |
[40:52] | He was like that. | 他是那种人 |
[40:54] | You couldn’t quite believe anything he said. | 他说的话不能完全相信 |
[40:59] | Sounds like you were close. | 你们关系好像挺好的 |
[41:02] | – They raised me. – Your grandparents? | -我是他们养大的 -你的祖父母吗 |
[41:09] | You know, he was a little like you, I guess. | 说起来 他跟你挺像的 |
[41:11] | – Like me? – A storyteller. | -怎么个像法 -都是讲故事的人 |
[41:16] | It used to feel like grand central down here. | 这里曾经壮观得和中央车站一样 |
[41:19] | At the height of the industry, | 工业发达的时候 |
[41:19] | There was something like 8,000 licensed baymen | 南岔口那儿差不多有8000个 |
[41:22] | on the south fork. | 持证港民 |
[41:23] | – And now? – A couple hundred, maybe. | -现在呢 -大概只有几百个吧 |
[41:26] | – How come? – Well, there’s nothing left. | -怎么会这样 -都被打捞光了 |
[41:29] | These commercial fishing boats came in | 这些商业渔船带着大渔网 |
[41:30] | with huge nets, these dragger nets. | 和小型拖网纷涌而至 |
[41:31] | And they dragged them along the floor of the ocean | 他们把拖网洒进海里 |
[41:34] | and took everything with it. | 捞走了一切 |
[41:35] | The fish, yes, but also the coral, the kelp. All of it. | 不止是鱼 还有珊瑚海草 所有东西 |
[41:40] | It was rape. | 洗劫一空 |
[41:44] | If you’re gonna write about a fisherman, | 如果你想写有关渔夫的故事 |
[41:45] | You should probably spend as much time down here as possible. | 或许应该尽可能多待在这儿 |
[41:48] | You know, I could introduce you to some real guys. | 我可以把你介绍给几位真正的渔夫 |
[41:51] | They might take you out on a run with them. | 说不定他们出海时可以带上你 |
[41:54] | – That would be amazing. – It’s hard, though, you know. | -那太棒了 -但是很辛苦 |
[41:56] | It’s not like charter fishing. You go out in the evening. | 那可不像租船捕鱼 你晚上出海 |
[41:58] | You’re not back till the morning. You sleep on the boat in shifts. | 早上才能回来 轮班时就睡在船上 |
[42:02] | It’s cold. It’s wet. | 寒冷潮湿 |
[42:05] | The ocean is mean. | 大海并不好相处 |
[42:07] | You don’t think I could handle it? | 你觉得我应付不来吗 |
[42:10] | I think you’re a summer person. | 我觉得你只是来度假的 |
[42:13] | What’s that mean? | 什么意思 |
[42:14] | Well, I think you have a fantasy of what life is out here. | 我觉得你对这儿的生活充满幻想 |
[42:17] | It’s a small town. It’s idyllic. | 小小的镇子 悠闲自得 |
[42:20] | We’re simple, humble people who love the sea, right? | 我们是一群热爱大海 简单朴实的人 对吗 |
[42:27] | So what’s it really like? | 那真实的情况是什么 |
[42:40] | Wait, stop. | 等等 停下 |
[42:48] | – You know him? – No. | -你认识他吗 -不认识 |
[42:53] | I can’t– I don’t know what I’m doing. We can’t do this. | 我不能…我不知道自己在干嘛 我们不能这样 |
[42:56] | – You’re right, you’re right. – I live here. | -你说得对 -我住在这儿 |
[42:58] | You can leave whenever you want to, | 你可以随时离开 |
[43:00] | but this is my home, and– | 但这儿是我的家… |
[43:01] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. | 抱歉 我并不想让你困扰 |
[43:04] | But it’s just, something about you drives me fucking insane. | 但不知为何你就是让我无法抗拒 |
[43:06] | I don’t think we should see each other anymore, okay? | 我觉得我们不应该再见面了 好吗 |
[43:10] | I just– | 我只是… |
[43:12] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[43:15] | Look, I need your help with the book. | 我需要你帮助我完成作品 |
[43:17] | You’re my insider. | 你是圈内人 |
[43:19] | Okay, from now on, | 好吧 从现在开始 |
[43:21] | This is just a strictly professional relationship, okay? | 我们之间只有纯粹工作上的关系 可以吗 |
[43:24] | Okay. | 答应我吧 |
[43:27] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[43:30] | If your hand just happens to find its way into my pants, | 如果你的手不巧伸到我裤子里 |
[43:33] | then I will remove it promptly | 我会第一时间拿开你的手 |
[43:35] | and admonish you for your vulgarity. | 并为你不雅的行为告诫你 |
[43:40] | – You don’t believe me? – No. | -你不相信我吗 -是的 |
[43:42] | Well, go ahead, try it. See what happens. | 那试试看会发生什么 |
[43:55] | Well, good-bye, friend. | 再会 朋友 |
[44:01] | Thanks for the tour. | 谢谢你带我观光 |
[44:13] | There’s a town board meeting tonight, | 晚上有个市民集会 |
[44:15] | if you want to get a sense of the local politics. | 如果你想感受一下当地政治氛围 |
[44:20] | – What time? – At 6:30 at the firehouse. | -几点 -6点半 在消防站 |
[44:25] | I may stop by for a bit before dinner. | 或许晚饭前我会过去看看 |
[44:28] | My husband will be there. | 我丈夫也会到场 |
[44:31] | Got it. I’ll keep my distance. | 知道了 我会保持距离的 |
[44:38] | – What did I miss? – Well, let’s see. | -我错过了什么 -我们来看看 |
[44:40] | Well, the deer are eating Mrs. Ruhl’s vegetable garden. | 鹿群吃了鲁尔太太家花园里的植物 |
[44:43] | Sunflowers will not work, and if we don’t do anything about it, | 种向日葵也没效果 如果我们不采取措施 |
[44:46] | she’s just gonna shoot them, | 她就会开枪射死那些鹿 |
[44:47] | and we’ll all have to get used to it. | 而我们也不能说些什么 |
[44:48] | Oh, and you missed Alec Baldwin. | 你还错过了莱克·伯德温 |
[44:50] | He was here defending his right to privacy. | 他刚在这儿为自己的隐私权进行辩护 |
[44:51] | – Oh, again? – Mm-hmm. | -又是这样 -没错 |
[44:53] | And Richard Dunne drafted a gathering law. | 理查德·当恩起草了集会法案 |
[44:54] | – Saying what? – You can’t, basically. | -写了什么 -基本就是不准 |
[44:56] | – Right. – And then the shellfish hatchery | -好吧 -贝类养殖场 |
[44:58] | gave their annual report. | 陈述了年终报告 |
[45:00] | And Judy Burke wants the board | 朱迪·波克想让委员会 |
[45:01] | to repair her stairs down at point beach. | 帮她维修沙滩那儿的楼梯 |
[45:03] | Hey, all. | 大家好 |
[45:04] | – Great. – I think that’s it. | -真棒 -就这么多了 |
[45:05] | – Oh, wow, so, as some of you know… – Thanks. | -正如你们其中一些人所知.. -谢谢 |
[45:08] | My blueprints have been finalized, | 我的设计图已经定稿了 |
[45:10] | and my financing is in place. | 经费也到位了 |
[45:13] | All we need are the permits, and we can break ground on it | 只要大家许可 就可以在夏末 |
[45:15] | at the end of the summer. | 开始动工了 |
[45:17] | I laid out my business plan, my vision, | 我在门边放了关于我的商业计划 愿景 |
[45:19] | and the economic benefit to our town in packets by the door. | 以及为镇子带来的经济利益的小手册 |
[45:23] | But I came here tonight | 但我今晚到此 |
[45:24] | to answer any additional questions you may have. | 是来回答大家一些额外的疑问 |
[45:27] | I really think this is a win-win for the community. | 我真的认为对于社区而言这是双赢之举 |
[45:30] | Thank you, Oscar. | 谢谢 奥斯卡 |
[45:31] | As all of the relevant agencies have weighed in, | 在经过所有相关机构权衡之后 |
[45:33] | We are now ready to hear public comment on this project. | 我们现在想听听大众对这个项目的意见 |
[45:37] | I just want to voice my support. | 我支持这个项目 |
[45:39] | I’ve been going to the Lobster Roll for my whole life. | 我去了大半辈子的龙虾卷餐厅 |
[45:41] | It’s an institution. | 差不多是一个风俗习惯了 |
[45:43] | And if this is what Oscar feels | 如果奥斯卡觉得 |
[45:45] | he needs to do to grow his business, I support that. | 他需要如此来促进他的生意 我支持他 |
[45:48] | 100%. | 百分百支持 |
[45:49] | – Thanks, man. – Anyone else? | -谢谢你 哥们 -还有其他人要发言吗 |
[45:52] | When are you hoping to start? | 你希望什么时候动工 |
[45:54] | Uh, right after Labor Day, soon as the season’s over. | 劳动节之后 度假季节过完就动工 |
[45:58] | ‘Cause traffic’s bad enough at that intersection | 在没有卡车和重型吊车的情况下 |
[46:00] | without trucks and heavy equipment and such. | 那个十字路口交通就已经够糟糕了 |
[46:02] | Mm-hmm, we’re taking that into account, Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚 我们会考虑这点的 |
[46:04] | Are you? | 是吗 |
[46:06] | Is it true this new bar of yours is gonna have a bowling alley? | 是真的吗 你的新酒吧还得有个保龄球馆 |
[46:09] | It’s not a bar. It’s an entertainment center. | 那不是酒吧 是娱乐中心 |
[46:11] | If you bothered to check the packet, you’d see that. | 如果你留心看看宣传手册就知道了 |
[46:18] | Look, those of you who know me | 熟悉我的人都知道 |
[46:20] | know that I derive no joy from speaking publicly. | 我这人不喜欢在公众场合发言 |
[46:23] | I’d far rather let Scotty talk at these meetings. | 我更情愿让斯科蒂来 |
[46:26] | He can sell tea to the Chinese. | 他能把茶叶卖给中国人 |
[46:29] | When I was a child, | 在我小时候 |
[46:32] | my father would take me riding right down Montauk highway, | 父亲会带着我在蒙托克高速公路上骑马 |
[46:34] | back in the days when we used to know everybody in town, | 那时候镇上所有人都互相认识 |
[46:37] | including the summer people, | 包括夏季来度假的人们 |
[46:39] | ’cause they used to come back year after year after year. | 因为过去 他们每年都会回来 |
[46:43] | And there were surfers, | 有冲浪者 |
[46:46] | families with small children, artists. | 带着小孩的夫妇 艺术家 |
[46:50] | And they came out here looking for a quiet, tranquil community | 他们来寻求一个平静安宁的社区 |
[46:53] | where they could escape the pressures of their city life, | 好逃离城市生活的压力 |
[46:55] | and that’s what we gave them. | 这正是我们给予他们的 |
[46:57] | We lived in a kind of harmony with them, | 我们与他们和平共处 |
[46:59] | and they respected the services that we provided, | 他们也尊重我们所提供的服务 |
[47:01] | and when they left at the end of august, | 八月底他们离开的时候 |
[47:03] | we wished them a good year, and we meant it. | 我们会祝福他们 而且是发自内心的 |
[47:06] | Nowadays, when I drive around this town in the summer, | 可如今的夏天 当我驾车行驶在这个小镇上 |
[47:08] | I don’t even know where I am. | 我甚至不知道自己身处何处 |
[47:10] | I mean, the people who come out here, | 那些游客来到这里 |
[47:11] | they think they’re in East Hampton, | 还以为自己在东汉普顿[长岛富人区] |
[47:13] | and that’s because of places like the End and Navy Beach | 就因为像”世界尽头” 海军沙滩 |
[47:15] | and this fiasco that Oscar is proposing. | 还有奥斯卡提议的这种鬼地方 |
[47:17] | I’m creating jobs. | 我是在创造就业机会 |
[47:19] | Who the hell have you hired lately? | 你最近又请过什么人了 |
[47:20] | – I grew up here. – So did I. | -我在这长大 -我也是 |
[47:22] | So then, I’m asking you, | 那好 我请求你 |
[47:23] | as a local, as a fellow native son, | 同作为一个本地人 原住民之子 |
[47:25] | don’t turn this place into the Jersey Shore. | 别把这里变成泽西海岸 |
[47:27] | People want to bowl, let them go to Riverhead. | 人们要想打保龄球 大可以去里弗黑德 |
[47:29] | Cole, what’s hap– what’s happening out here | 科尔 这里正发生的变化 |
[47:31] | is called progress. | 叫做进步 |
[47:32] | No, it’s called greed. | 不 这叫贪婪 |
[47:35] | It’s the pursuit of the almighty dollar, | 一味追求眼前的金钱利益 |
[47:36] | and it’s gonna be the downfall of all of us. | 这最终将毁灭我们所有人 |
[47:38] | My family’s been in Montauk for seven generations. | 我们家族七辈人都生活在蒙托克 |
[47:41] | My wife was born here, | 我妻子出生在这里 |
[47:44] | and my son is buried here. | 我儿子葬在这里 |
[47:48] | This is sacred ground to me, | 这里是我的圣地 |
[47:50] | and I don’t want too much from life, | 我没什么追求 |
[47:51] | but I want my wife, and I want my family, | 我只想拥有我的妻子 我的家庭 |
[47:54] | and I want this land. | 还有这片土地 |
[47:57] | And I know I’m not the only one | 我知道我不是一个人 |
[47:59] | because this is our town, these are our schools, | 因为这是我们的小镇 我们的学校 |
[48:02] | our churches, our beaches, our docks, our sunrise, | 我们的教堂 海滩 码头 我们的日出 |
[48:05] | our little piece of heaven under god. | 我们所拥有的小小天堂 |
[48:08] | And I am never leaving this place, | 我绝不会离开这里 |
[48:10] | because I am gonna be buried right there next to my boy, | 因为我要跟我的孩子一起葬在这里 |
[48:14] | and I will fight like hell to my last breath | 我会斗争至最后一口气 |
[48:16] | to keep Montauk local. | 让蒙托克保持原样 |
[48:20] | People. People! All right. | 静静 静静 好吧 |
[48:24] | Perhaps we ought to entertain a motion for further study | 在我们投票决定是否给此项目颁发许可前 |
[48:28] | before a vote on whether to issue permits for this project. | 或许我们应该再好好做一番研究 |
[48:33] | My hero. You were amazing. | 我的大英雄 你太棒了 |
[48:35] | Yeah, your father would be very proud. | 你父亲一定会以你为傲的 |
[48:37] | – Yeah. – Very proud, Cole. | -是啊 -为你骄傲 科尔 |
[48:38] | – Yeah, I’m sure he would. – Good job, bro. | -我想他一定会的 -干得漂亮 兄弟 |
[48:40] | – Gave me chills. – Thanks, bro. | -讲得太好了 -谢谢 哥们 |
[48:43] | How about you, you proud of me too? | 你呢 你也为我骄傲吗 |
[48:48] | – We’ll talk about it later. – What did I do now? | -我们晚点再谈 -我又做错什么了 |
[48:52] | “My son is buried in this ground”? | “我儿子葬在这里” |
[48:53] | – He is. – You can’t do that. | -这是事实 -你不能这么做 |
[48:56] | You can’t use his memory to make some kind of statement. | 你不能利用我们对他的怀念来煽动人心 |
[49:00] | – Is that what you– – Lockhart! | -你是这么想… -洛克哈特 |
[49:01] | Hey, shithead. Hey! | 你这操蛋的家伙 |
[49:03] | You ruined me, motherfucker. | 你毁了我 混账 |
[49:05] | Why don’t you do something for the community? | 你为什么不好好为咱们社区做点事呢 |
[49:07] | You know, build a day care center or a walk-in clinic. | 建个托儿所或是诊所什么的 |
[49:08] | Who the fuck died and made you king of the community, huh? | 你他妈还以为自己是这里的国王了啊 |
[49:11] | Hey, Oscar, I know that you’re upset right now, | 奥斯卡 我知道你很生气 |
[49:14] | but we just want what’s best for this town. | 但我们也是为了这个小镇好 |
[49:15] | Hey, hey, hey, hey, sweetheart. | 听着 甜心 |
[49:17] | Mind your own fucking business. | 他妈的滚一边去 |
[49:18] | – Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! – Back off! | -冷静点 -别冲动 |
[49:22] | Sounds like Oscar had a temper on him. | 听起来奥斯卡脾气不怎么好啊 |
[49:24] | The worst. | 差透了 |
[49:26] | And there was no love lost between him and the Lockharts? | 所以他与洛克哈特家的人不和吗 |
[49:31] | That’s an understatement. | 这么说太轻描淡写了 |
[49:35] | So why was he invited to the wedding? | 那为什么婚礼还邀请了他 |
[49:38] | You don’t understand this town, detective. | 你不了解这个小镇 警探 |
[49:40] | We’re like family here. | 我们就像一个大家庭 |
[49:43] | We may fight, we may hurt each other, | 或许我们偶尔互相争吵 互相伤害 |
[49:44] | but when it really counts, we show up– | 但关键时刻 我们仍会互相扶持 |
[49:47] | weddings, funerals, no matter what. | 婚礼 葬礼 无论如何 |
[49:50] | I suppose that explains why you were there. | 我想这也解释了为什么你会在那出现 |
[50:00] | Is there anything else you need me for, detective? | 还有什么要问的吗 警探 |
[50:02] | I really have to get going. | 我真的该走了 |
[50:06] | I’m almost done. | 就快好了 |
[50:08] | Just…humor me a little longer. | 再给我一点时间 |
[50:12] | Okay, but I need to call my sitter. | 好吧 但我得先给保姆打个电话 |
[50:26] | 诺亚 抱歉我错过了集会 | |
[51:39] | Don’t wake up. | 别醒来 |