时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | You guys are clearly having some serious issues. | 显然你们之间有一大堆严重的问题 |
[00:11] | No marriage is perfect. | 从来就没有完美的婚姻 |
[00:12] | – I could tell your wife. – I have no idea | -我可以告诉你老婆 -我不知道 |
[00:14] | what you’re talking about. | 你在说什么 |
[00:15] | How about ten grand to make sure Helen never finds out? | 你给我一万我就不告诉海伦 怎么样 |
[00:17] | Can’t help you out unless you tell me what it’s for. | 你不告诉我借钱干什么我怎么帮你 |
[00:20] | – It’s money. – Okay, how much? | -我需要钱 -好吧 要多少 |
[00:21] | – Do you think he’s anemic? – No, the blood work was normal. | -你认为他贫血吗 -不是 血液检查没问题 |
[00:24] | It seems like it was just a panic attack. | 看起来只是恐慌症发作 |
[00:26] | Helen, I can’t keep it from you. | 海伦 我不能瞒着你 |
[00:28] | I had a fling this summer. | 这个夏天 我出轨了 |
[00:29] | It is a destructive thing for a waitress! | 彻底的打击 就为个服务生 |
[00:32] | You just see me as potential unfulfilled. | 可我在你心里总是一副壮志未酬的样子 |
[00:35] | It was stuck to the bottom of the pie box. | 这纸条粘在了馅饼盒底 |
[00:37] | – Can I see it? – You’re screwing around. | -我能看看吗 -你出轨了 |
[00:39] | – Cherry, please? – After everything | -雪莉 拜托 -在他为你 |
[00:40] | he’s done for you. | 付出了那么多之后 |
[00:41] | You ever ask her how she found out, huh? | 你没问过她是怎么发现的吗 |
[00:43] | – Who told her to call the cops? – Let’s go. | -谁告诉她我报警了 -我们走 |
[00:44] | She saw you call the cops. | 她看见你报警了 |
[00:45] | – Cole, come on. – No, she wasn’t even there. | -科尔 走吧 -她都不在场 |
[00:47] | You know who was there? The guy she’s fucking. | 知道谁在场吗 那个跟她上床的男人 |
[00:50] | Do I know him? | 我认识他吗 |
[00:52] | No. | 不 |
[00:53] | It’s your problem. You deal with it. | 那就是你的麻烦 你自己搞定它 |
[00:54] | Well, grandma’s not doing well at all. | 你外婆不怎么好 |
[00:57] | I could feel it. | 我能感觉到 |
[00:57] | Do you know a place called “The end”? | 你知道一个叫”尽头”的地方吗 |
[00:59] | No, what is it? | 不知道 是什么 |
[01:00] | – So you’ve never been? – Never. | -这么说你从没去过 -没有 |
[01:02] | Let’s make a baby. | 我们要个孩子吧 |
[01:04] | I want to start this part over again. | 我想重新开始 |
[02:39] | So what are the names of the two families | 《罗密欧和朱丽叶》中两大家族的名字 |
[02:41] | in Romeo and Juliet? | 是什么 |
[02:42] | Anybody? Anyone? | 有人知道吗 有吗 |
[02:47] | The Montagues and Capulets? | 蒙太古和凯普莱特吗 |
[02:48] | Montague and Capulet. Okay, great. | 蒙太古和凯普莱特 很好 不错 |
[02:50] | Why do they have to die? | 他们为什么要死 |
[02:52] | Uh, it’s in the script, Mr. Solloway. | 因为剧本上这么写的 索洛维先生 |
[02:54] | I know it is, Cherise, but until the morning | 我知道 雪妮丝 但一直到 |
[02:56] | after their wedding, Romeo and Juliet is a comedy | 婚礼后的那个早晨 《罗密欧和朱丽叶》 |
[03:00] | in the classic sense of the form. | 一直都是经典的喜剧形式 |
[03:02] | So why do you think Shakespeare chose to change it up? | 那你们觉得莎士比亚为什么要改变这一初衷 |
[03:04] | ‘Cause he’s soft. | 因为他很娘们 |
[03:07] | Okay. Anybody else? | 好吧 还有人回答吗 |
[03:10] | Keisha? | 凯莎 |
[03:16] | Maybe they’re just too happy. | 也许是他们太幸福了 |
[03:19] | Okay, I’m interested. Tell me more. | 好吧 你引起了我的兴趣 继续说 |
[03:22] | Well, like, the shit’s not their fault, | 好吧 那事儿不是他们的错 |
[03:25] | he was all like, “Meet me ‘hereth,'” | 他就说了句”到那等我” |
[03:28] | and she’s like, “I’ll be ‘thereth,'” | 而她说”我会去的” |
[03:30] | and then, like, her grandma– | 然后她奶奶 |
[03:32] | – Yeah, the nurse. – Yeah, and that freaky dude– | -对 奶娘 -没错 还有那个怪胎 |
[03:35] | The friar. | 神父 |
[03:37] | They the ones who fuck it up. | 他们才是搞砸事情的人 |
[03:42] | Right. Absolutely right. | 没错 说得好 |
[03:45] | Why do they fuck it up? | 他们为什么要把事情搞砸呢 |
[03:50] | – ‘Cause they’re old. – They’re old. | -因为他们老了 -他们老了 |
[03:52] | Right, they’re old, like me, they’re adults, | 没错 他们老了 就像我一样 是成年人 |
[03:55] | And adults are imperfect. | 成人都是有缺点的 |
[03:57] | Romeo and Juliet are children. They’re innocents. | 而罗密欧和朱丽叶都是孩子 他们很纯真 |
[04:00] | They never hurt anybody, they never betrayed anybody, | 他们不会伤害任何人 背叛任何人 |
[04:03] | so because they’re innocents, their love is pure. | 因为他们的纯真 所以他们的爱很纯洁 |
[04:06] | But when the adults interfere, | 但当有成人干预进来 |
[04:07] | even though they’re trying to help, | 即使他们是想帮忙 |
[04:08] | which both the nurse and the friar are, | 奶娘和神父本意都是想帮他们 |
[04:11] | they end up corrupting this perfect love. | 最后却毁了这段无瑕的爱情 |
[04:15] | What Shakespeare’s trying to say is that pure love | 莎士比亚想表达的是纯洁的爱 |
[04:19] | cannot sustain in an imperfect world. | 在一个不完美的世界里无法生存 |
[04:25] | Okay, act III, scene 4. | 好 下面看第三幕第四场 |
[04:38] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[04:39] | That’s okay. They seated me. | 没关系 他们让我先坐下了 |
[04:43] | – Mr. Solloway. – Hey, Jed, how are you? | -索洛维先生 -杰德 你好 |
[04:46] | Good, teach. Nice to see you again. | 你好 老师 很高兴再次见到你 |
[04:47] | Good to see you. | 我也是 |
[04:49] | Wish he’d go to college. | 希望他能上大学 |
[04:50] | – I thought he was in a band. – Yeah, he is. | -我还以为他玩乐队呢 -是的 |
[04:52] | – Are they any good? – No, they’re terrible. | -他们玩得好吗 -非常差劲 |
[04:55] | – I have news. – Yeah? | -我有消息告诉你 -什么 |
[04:57] | – Thanks. – About the store. | -谢谢 -关于商店的事 |
[04:59] | They want to feature us | 他们想在周末的风尚版面 |
[05:00] | on the front page of the Sunday style section. | 让我们作为头版特刊 |
[05:03] | – You’re kidding. – Nope. | -你开玩笑吧 -不是 |
[05:05] | – Baby, that’s huge. – I know. | -亲爱的 这是大事啊 -我知道 |
[05:07] | – How did that happen? – I don’t know. | -这机会怎么来的 -不知道 |
[05:08] | I–word of mouth, we had a few celebrities in recently. | 口耳相传吧 最近几个名人来过我们店里 |
[05:12] | – We should celebrate. – I know. | -我们该庆祝的 -我知道 |
[05:14] | I just wish I’d brought a gift or something. | 我真该带个礼物来的 |
[05:19] | Oh, wait a second. | 等一下 |
[05:24] | What’s that? | 这是什么 |
[05:25] | It’s for you. Open it. | 是给你的 打开看看 |
[05:30] | – Did you know? – No, of course not. | -你事先就知道吗 -当然不知道 |
[05:36] | Oh, my gosh. | 天哪 |
[05:41] | Wow, what’s that for? | 为什么送给我这个 |
[05:44] | I don’t know. Sticking it out? | 我也不知道 感谢你的包容吧 |
[05:57] | I don’t think we can afford this. | 我们好像买不起这个 |
[05:59] | – Don’t worry about it. – No, I know | -你不用担心 -不 我知道 |
[06:00] | – we can’t afford it. – Helen. | -我们买不起 -海伦 |
[06:01] | We haven’t paid off the Amex bill this month. | 这个月的信用卡账单我们还没付呢 |
[06:03] | – Will you put it on? – I think you should return it. | -快戴上吧 -还是退了吧 |
[06:11] | – You serious? – Really, yeah. | -你是认真的吗 -当然是认真的 |
[06:13] | I don’t need anymore jewelry. I have plenty. | 我不需要其它首饰了 我的首饰已经够多了 |
[06:18] | – Please. – Nope. | -别这样 -不行 |
[06:25] | What are you in the mood for? | 你想吃什么 |
[06:36] | – Hey. – What’s up? | -在呢 -怎么了 |
[06:39] | – You busy? – Just doing homework. | -忙吗 -我在做作业 |
[06:47] | That was my favorite book when I was your age. | 我像你这么大时最喜欢看那本书了 |
[06:49] | I know. You’ve told me many times. | 我知道 你跟我说过好多遍了 |
[06:53] | So mom showed me your report card. | 你妈妈给我看你的成绩单了 |
[06:57] | Fantastic. | 太好了 |
[06:59] | You want to tell me what happened this semester? | 你想告诉我这学期是怎么回事吗 |
[07:03] | It got harder. | 学的东西变难了 |
[07:07] | Come on, you got a– you got a B-minus in algebra. | 你看你代数得了B减 |
[07:12] | You used to do algebra for fun two years ago. | 两年前你代数都是做着玩的 |
[07:16] | I can’t hear in class. | 在教室里我什么都听不到 |
[07:17] | It’s too crowded. Everyone’s talking at once. | 里面人太多了 大家都一股脑在说话 |
[07:20] | So…move nearer the front of the class. | 那你就到前排去听嘛 |
[07:24] | I can’t do that. All the girls sit up there. | 不行 前排都是女生 |
[07:29] | Okay, well… | 好吧 那… |
[07:32] | Why don’t you go find Mr. Reiner after school, | 要不你放学后去找莱纳先生 |
[07:33] | and ask him for some extra help? | 让他给你辅导辅导 |
[07:37] | Okay, sure. | 好 没问题 |
[07:39] | Will you do that? | 你会去吗 |
[07:40] | – No. – Why not? | -不会 -为什么 |
[07:42] | Because I’ll get the shit kicked out of me, Dad. | 因为那样我肯定会被痛扁的 爸爸 |
[07:45] | If they find out that I went in for extra help– | 如果他们发现我去找人辅导… |
[07:47] | Who’s “They?” | “他们”是谁 |
[07:51] | M-maybe I should just go to private school next semester, | 要不下学期我去私立学校念吧 |
[07:54] | with Whitney. | 我和惠特尼一起 |
[08:01] | Do you really want to do that? | 你真的想去私立学校吗 |
[08:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[08:06] | I thought you wanted to go to Science and Tech. | 我还以为你想念科技大学呢 |
[08:08] | – Isn’t that what you told me? – Yeah. | -你是这么跟我说的吧 -是 |
[08:10] | So you changing your mind now? | 那你现在改主意了吗 |
[08:16] | Look, I-I know it gets a little tough, okay, but… | 听我说 我知道你在学校有点不好过 但 |
[08:22] | you’re getting a real life education there, | 在那里你才能接受到真正的教育 |
[08:25] | not some private school fish bowl bullshit. | 在私立学校那种象牙塔里是学不到的 |
[08:30] | Just give it one more semester, okay? | 所以你再坚持一学期试试好吗 |
[08:32] | If you still hate it at the end of this year, then… | 如果到年底你还是不喜欢那里 那… |
[08:36] | I’ll go have a conversation with your grandfather. | 我就去找你外公谈谈 |
[08:40] | Well, I won’t have to. Your mother will, | 其实不用我去 你妈妈会去的 |
[08:41] | she’s dying to. | 她巴不得呢 |
[08:44] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:47] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[08:52] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[09:02] | You hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[09:07] | What’s that sound? | 这是什么声音 |
[09:09] | – She’s throwing up. – Why, is she ill? | -她在呕吐 -怎么了 她生病了吗 |
[09:13] | – I think she’s bulimic. – What? | -我觉得她是在催吐减肥 -什么 |
[09:17] | – Come on. – Think about it. Look at how thin she’s gotten, | -不会吧 -你想啊 你看她那么瘦 |
[09:19] | and she barely eats anything. | 也不怎么吃东西 |
[09:21] | Well, then what’s she got to throw up? | 那她还有什么能呕的 |
[09:23] | – What should we do? – Let’s go in there | -我们该怎么办 -我们进去 |
[09:25] | – and talk to her. – No. | -跟她谈谈吧 -不行 |
[09:27] | Did you not read any of the child psychology– | 难道你没看过儿童心理学… |
[09:32] | – What are you doing here? – Nothing. | -你们在干什么呢 -没什么 |
[09:33] | Are you bulimic? | 你是在催吐减肥吗 |
[09:36] | Yes, Mom. Take me back to therapy. | 是的 妈妈 再带我去接受治疗吧 |
[09:46] | I really fucked that one up, didn’t I? | 我这次真的搞砸了对吧 |
[09:48] | – It wasn’t your finest hour. – Yeah. | -你确实处理得不太好 -是啊 |
[09:52] | But we do need to nip it in the bud. | 但是我们得把疾病扼杀在摇篮里 |
[09:54] | You have no idea how dangerous eating disorders are, | 你不知道进食障碍有多危险 |
[09:57] | Trust me. The longer she goes on, | 相信我 她这样越久 |
[09:59] | the harder it’s gonna be for her to stop. | 要停下来也就越难 |
[10:09] | Is it my fault? | 这是我的错吗 |
[10:12] | Did I somehow make her think she had to be thin? | 我是不是让她觉得 她必须保持身材 |
[10:16] | No. | 没有 |
[10:19] | Probably spending the summer with your fucking mother. | 也许是因为和你那该死的老妈待了一个夏天 |
[10:22] | Oh, don’t call her that. | 别这么叫她 |
[10:25] | You’re right, I’m sorry. | 你是对的 抱歉 |
[10:27] | No, you’re right, | 不 你说得没错 |
[10:28] | it probably was my fucking mother. | 也许就是因为我那该死的老妈 |
[10:31] | I hope she’s happy paying for Whitney’s fucking therapy, | 我希望她会愿意给惠特尼付治疗的钱 |
[10:33] | and I just found out she’s not even coming this weekend. | 而且我刚刚发现她这周都不会来 |
[10:36] | – To the benefit? – She’s going to a spa | -你是说那个慈善晚会吗 -她要和我姨妈 |
[10:38] | – with my aunt. – Well, why do we have to go? | -去做水疗 -那我们为什么要去呢 |
[10:41] | Because somebody has to be there for my dad. | 因为有人得在场支持我父亲 |
[10:43] | It’s a big deal, because it’s a lifetime achievement award, | 这是件大事 因为那是个终生成就奖 |
[10:46] | and now I’m afraid to leave Whitney, because she– | 不过现在我不敢让惠特尼一个人 因为她 |
[10:48] | Don’t you think you may be overreacting? | 你不觉得 也许是你多虑了吗 |
[10:49] | No, I don’t think I’m overreacting, I don’t! | 我不觉得我多虑了 我不觉得 |
[10:52] | And you have lost the right to say that to me. | 你已经没资格这么说我了 |
[11:11] | You know, we used to be a team. | 我们以前可是合作无间 |
[11:15] | We still are. | 我们现在也是 |
[11:19] | No, now we’re just two idiots | 不 现在的我们只是两个 |
[11:20] | that don’t know how to handle anything. | 不知道如何处理问题的傻瓜 |
[11:35] | I don’t know what to do, because my daughter needs me. | 我不知道要做什么 因为我女儿需要我 |
[11:38] | And I feel like I have to talk to her about what’s going on, | 我觉得我应该跟她就最近发生的事好好谈谈 |
[11:40] | and I think I could help her, | 我觉得我可以帮她 |
[11:42] | I just need some time, | 我只是需要时间 |
[11:43] | and the store needs me | 然后店里也需要我过去 |
[11:44] | because the fucking New York Times is coming on Monday, and it– | 因为该死的《纽约时报》周一要派人来 而且 |
[11:47] | the place is a mess, | 店里如今一团糟 |
[11:47] | I need to clean and restock, | 我得大扫除 还得补货 |
[11:49] | and I can’t do any of that | 如果我要去蒙托克的话 |
[11:50] | if I have to go to Montauk. | 我就什么都做不了 |
[11:53] | So don’t go. | 那就别去了 |
[11:56] | I can’t leave my father alone. I mean, it’s a big deal, | 我不能让我父亲一个人在那 |
[11:58] | what’s happening there, and if my mom isn’t gonna go– | 那可是件大事 如果我母亲不去的话 |
[12:00] | You’re not responsible for the problems | 你父母婚姻里出现的问题 |
[12:01] | in your parents’ marriage, Helen. | 不是你的责任 海伦 |
[12:03] | I understand that, Dr. Gunderson, it’s just that… | 我明白 冈德森医生 我只是 |
[12:07] | somebody needs to be there if my mom’s not gonna go. | 如果我母亲不去的话 得有人去才行 |
[12:10] | I’ll go. | 我去吧 |
[12:12] | What? | 什么 |
[12:14] | I’ll go and support your father | 我代表咱们家 |
[12:16] | – and represent our family. – No. | -去支持你父亲 -不行 |
[12:21] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[12:23] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[12:26] | Helen, nothing is gonna happen. | 海伦 什么都不会发生 |
[12:28] | I’m not gonna contact her. I won’t see her. | 我不会跟她联系 不会跟她见面 |
[12:30] | Why should I believe you? | 我为什么要相信你 |
[12:32] | Have I spoken to her since this summer? | 夏天之后 我跟她联系过吗 |
[12:34] | – I don’t know. – No. | -我不知道 -我没有 |
[12:34] | How would I know? | 我怎么知道你有没有 |
[12:35] | No, not at all, never. | 我们完全没有联系 |
[12:36] | Okay, fine, but that– it’s crazy for you | 好吧 不过你要一个人 |
[12:38] | to go back to that place without me, isn’t it? | 回去那地方 真是疯了 |
[12:40] | Not necessarily. | 不见得啊 |
[12:53] | Do you know why, | 你知道我为什么 |
[12:57] | do you know why I married you? | 为什么要嫁给你吗 |
[13:02] | Because you loved me? | 因为你爱我 |
[13:05] | I thought you were safe. | 因为我觉得 你让我安心 |
[13:10] | Safe. | 安心 |
[13:13] | Do you remember how quiet you used to be? | 你记得你以前有多么安静吗 |
[13:16] | You got paralyzed if there were more than three people | 如果在一起聊天的人超过三个 |
[13:18] | in the conversation. I mean, you only spoke to me. | 你就会抓狂 你只习惯跟我说话 |
[13:20] | Everyone else thought you were mute. | 其他人都以为你是个哑巴 |
[13:26] | And I– | 而我 |
[13:30] | I could have had anyone | 当时的我 |
[13:35] | when I was young. | 可以嫁给任何人 |
[13:35] | I’m sorry if that sounds crass, but it’s true. | 抱歉这些话听起来很刻薄 但这是实话 |
[13:41] | And I chose you. | 最后我选择了你 |
[13:46] | And I knew you were never gonna be president | 我知道你不可能成为总统 |
[13:48] | or famous or rich, but I didn’t care about that, | 不可能成为名人或者富豪 但是我不在乎 |
[13:51] | because I had a rich, famous father | 因为我有个名利双收的父亲 |
[13:52] | and he was such a fucking asshole, | 而他是个混蛋 |
[13:54] | and you adored me. | 而且你深爱我 |
[13:58] | I knew you would never cheat. | 我知道你永远不会出轨 |
[14:00] | You wouldn’t leave, and you would be a good father, | 你不会离开我 你会是一个好父亲 |
[14:03] | and we would have a nice life, | 我们会过上完美的生活 |
[14:05] | and we would grow old and die together, | 我们可以一起变老 一起死去 |
[14:07] | and everyone would talk about how lucky we are, | 每个人都会说 我们俩是多么幸运 |
[14:09] | and what a smart choice I made. | 我做了一个多么明智的选择 |
[14:19] | Do you think any of this is news to me? | 你以为这些我都不知道吗 |
[14:24] | Helen, I have been going over and over this in my mind | 海伦 我已经反反复复想了 |
[14:27] | for four months now. | 四个月了 |
[14:30] | Why did I do it? What was I thinking? | 我为什么要这么做 我是怎么想的 |
[14:31] | I’m married to the perfect woman. | 我娶了一个完美女人 |
[14:33] | I have a perfect life. I’m–I’m fucking tired of it. | 我过着完美的生活 我他妈已经厌倦了 |
[14:41] | It’s so hard living up to your goddamn standards all the time. | 要达到你的标准太难了 |
[14:44] | I don’t want to be the envy of our friends. | 我不想成为大家羡慕的人 |
[14:48] | I feel like a fraud. | 我觉得自己就是个骗子 |
[14:51] | I don’t own our house. I don’t even clothe our kids. | 我们家的房子不是我的 连孩子们的衣服都不是我买的 |
[14:54] | Of course you clothe our kids. You’re not unemployed. | 你当然给孩子们买衣服啊 你又不是没工作 |
[14:56] | You send Stacey’s clothes to the dry cleaners. | 你把史黛丝的衣服送到干洗店去 |
[14:58] | The French ones, yeah. | 从法国买回来的是要干洗啊 |
[15:06] | I think I wanted to make a mistake. | 我潜意识里想犯点错 |
[15:07] | I’ve never made a single fucking mistake | 我活到现在 |
[15:09] | in my whole goddamn life. | 连一个错都没有犯过 |
[15:11] | A person can’t live like that. | 一个人不能那样活着 |
[15:12] | Well, congratulations, you did it. | 恭喜你 你犯过错了 |
[15:13] | Yeah, and now I’m sorry. I am so fucking sorry. | 对 我现在很抱歉 我非常抱歉 |
[15:17] | And it had nothing to do with her, it’s not about her. | 而这事跟她无关 不是她的原因 |
[15:19] | She could have been anyone. | 她可能是任何人 |
[15:20] | You know, that doesn’t make me feel better! | 这并不能让我好受一些 |
[15:23] | Please. | 求你了 |
[15:26] | You have to forgive me. | 你一定要原谅我 |
[15:30] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[15:32] | We’ve been coming here for four months. | 我们来这里四个月了 |
[15:35] | I’ve taken all your fury. | 我承受了你所有的愤怒 |
[15:37] | I walk out of here every Friday | 每周五从这里走出去 |
[15:38] | with my fucking underwear on my head. | 都觉得自己完全失去了尊严 |
[15:42] | All I want is to move on. | 我只想重新开始 |
[15:45] | Just let me go to Montauk for the weekend. | 就让我周末去蒙托克吧 |
[15:46] | Let me fucking stand next to your…jackass father. | 让我站在你的…混蛋父亲身边 |
[15:52] | Let me do this for you. | 让我为你做这件事 |
[15:56] | Please. | 拜托了 |
[16:07] | – Have a lovely evening. – Thanks. | -祝你有个愉快的夜晚 -谢谢 |
[16:09] | The recipient of this year’s lifetime achievement award, | 本年度终身成就奖得主是 |
[16:12] | Bruce Butler. | 布鲁斯·巴特勒 |
[16:35] | Well, it’s not the Pulitzer, but I suppose it’s something. | 这不是普利策奖 但也聊胜于无 |
[16:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:48] | More wine, sir? | 再来点酒吗 先生 |
[17:13] | – Fancy meeting you here. – What are the chances? | -没想到能在这见到你 -还真是巧 |
[17:28] | I-I can’t. | 我…不能 |
[17:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:45] | Hey, Bruce. | 布鲁斯 |
[17:47] | – So how’d I do? – You did great. | -我表现怎么样 -很棒 |
[17:49] | They loved you. | 他们很爱你 |
[17:50] | How’s that knee? | 膝盖怎么样 |
[17:51] | It always bothers me more in winter. | 冬天一到就疼得不行 |
[17:55] | Good of you to come. | 谢谢你来参加 |
[17:56] | Helen really wishes she was here. | 海伦很希望她也能到场 |
[17:58] | She just–we’re just having a bit of a crisis with Whitney, | 只是她…惠特尼出了点问题 |
[18:01] | and she’s the more effective parent, so… | 她更能管得住孩子们 所以… |
[18:04] | Want to get some air? | 出去转转 |
[18:05] | Not really. It’s freezing outside. | 不了 外面好冷 |
[18:08] | Ah, come on, it’ll put hair on your chest. | 别这么娇气 爷们点行吗 |
[18:18] | So, was that her? | 是她吧 |
[18:22] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[18:24] | The one you were fucking this summer? | 这个夏天跟你鬼混的人 |
[18:25] | Was that her? | 是她吗 |
[18:29] | Helen told you? | 海伦告诉你的 |
[18:31] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[18:33] | Helen told her mother, Margaret told Miranda, | 海伦告诉她妈妈 玛格丽特告诉米兰达 |
[18:36] | Miranda told her sister in Ecuador, | 米兰达告诉了她在厄瓜多尔的姐姐 |
[18:38] | and I speak Spanish. | 而我会说西班牙语 |
[18:40] | So… was that her? | 所以… 就是她 |
[18:46] | Well, it’s been invigorating talking to you, Bruce, as usual. | 布鲁斯 跟你谈话真是一如既往地愉快 |
[18:52] | How’s your book coming? | 你书写得怎么样了 |
[18:57] | – It’s fine. – That’s not what I hear. | -还好 -我听说的不是如此 |
[19:01] | Harry tells me you’ve been quiet as a church mouse | 哈利说你自从回家之后 |
[19:03] | since you got home. | 就一点动静都没有了 |
[19:04] | – I’ve been focused on other things. – Like what? | -我在忙其他的事 -比如说 |
[19:08] | Saving my marriage. | 拯救我的婚姻 |
[19:12] | Seems to me this girl might have been your muse, | 看来这个姑娘或许就是你的缪斯 |
[19:14] | and now that she’s gone, you’re afraid of the page. | 现在她离开了 你就失去了灵感 |
[19:18] | You got to harness that disappointment, son. | 你应该好好利用这种失落 孩子 |
[19:22] | If you know how to use it, you might actually | 如果你知道怎么利用它 这次你也许 |
[19:24] | produce something worth reading this time. | 可以真正写出值得一读的作品 |
[19:32] | Why do you have to be such a dick all the time, Bruce? | 你为什么要一直这么混蛋呢 布鲁斯 |
[19:37] | Years ago, when Helen was young, | 很多年前 那时海伦还小 |
[19:40] | before I was famous, | 我还没有出名 |
[19:42] | I was a visiting professor at the University of Michigan | 我是密歇根大学的客座教授 |
[19:45] | and I met this girl, a student of mine. | 我遇到一个姑娘 我的一个学生 |
[19:49] | She wasn’t the prettiest girl I’d ever seen, | 她不是我见过最美的 |
[19:51] | but there was something about her. | 但是她有些特别之处 |
[19:52] | She…lit me up. | 她…让我充满激情 |
[19:55] | I felt like I’d been sleepwalking my whole life, | 我觉得我这一生都像行尸走肉 |
[19:59] | then suddenly, I was wide awake. | 突然之间 我惊醒了 |
[20:04] | So what happened? | 然后呢 |
[20:07] | The semester ended. I went home for the holidays. | 学期结束了 我回家过圣诞 |
[20:12] | We were living in Greenwich at the time, | 那时我们住在格林威治 |
[20:14] | and Margaret had erected this tree. | 玛格丽特布置了一棵圣诞树 |
[20:20] | And I looked up at the tree, and I thought about | 我看着那棵树 想到 |
[20:22] | what my tree would be like with this girl. | 我跟那女孩的树会是什么样的 |
[20:25] | I imagined some sad, | 我想象在她狭小的公寓里 |
[20:28] | little potted thing in her tiny apartment. | 摆着一棵可怜兮兮的小盆栽 |
[20:32] | I thought about my little Helen coming to visit, | 我想着如果我的小海伦来探望我们 |
[20:36] | sleeping in the closet without any of her toys, | 只能睡在衣橱里 还没有玩具 |
[20:38] | and I knew right then, I would never go through with it. | 在那一瞬间我知道 我永远都做不到 |
[20:44] | So that was it? You just broke it off with her? | 就这样 你就跟她断了联系 |
[20:48] | Instead, I channeled it all into my next book. | 取而代之的 我把这一切写进了我下一本书 |
[20:53] | First time I was short-listed for the Pulitzer. | 那是我第一次入选普利策奖 |
[21:00] | The only time. | 也是唯一的一次 |
[21:05] | Send me something, anything. | 写出点什么就给我 随便什么都行 |
[21:08] | – Might be a while. – Good ones always take time. | -可能要过一阵 -慢工出细活 |
[21:14] | Harry will drive me home. We need to talk business. | 哈利会载我回家 我们要谈谈正事 |
[21:17] | Besides, I can’t be seen in that shitty car of yours. | 另外 我不能被人看见坐在你的破车里 |
[21:20] | Understood. I’ll be right behind you. | 懂了 我晚点就回去 |
[21:22] | I think I left my ticket. | 我的停车票好像不见了 |
[21:25] | Which hospital? Is she okay? | 哪个医院 她没事吧 |
[21:29] | Oh. Okay, when? | 好 什么时候 |
[21:31] | Yeah, okay. | 好的 |
[21:35] | Shit. | 该死 |
[21:38] | – What’s wrong? – Nothing. | -怎么了 -没什么 |
[21:40] | Come on, tell me. | 跟我说说 |
[21:42] | My grandmother had a heart attack. | 我外婆心脏病发作 |
[21:45] | – Oh, god. – I have to be there, | -天啊 -我得赶过去 |
[21:46] | but I-I don’t have a car and I can’t get ahold of a taxi. | 但我没车 也叫不到出租车 |
[21:53] | I’ll give you a lift. | 我送你过去 |
[21:55] | No, that’s okay, I’ll just– I’ll just keep calling. | 不用 我再多打几个电话就行 |
[21:58] | – It’s fine. – Come on. | -没事 -走吧 |
[22:05] | I need to get my coat. | 我去拿外套 |
[22:25] | Will you come in with me? | 你能跟我一起进去吗 |
[22:31] | Won’t your husband be there? | 可你丈夫不在里面吗 |
[22:34] | No, I haven’t told him. | 他不在 我还没告诉他 |
[22:43] | It’s not my place. | 我没资格去 |
[22:49] | Well, thanks for the lift. | 谢谢你送我 |
[22:52] | It’s great seeing you again. | 好高兴再次见到你 |
[23:38] | – Bruce? – Jesus! | -布鲁斯 -我的天 |
[23:41] | You fucking scared me, Noah. | 你吓死我了 诺亚 |
[23:42] | Sorry. Can I give you a hand? | 抱歉 要我帮你吗 |
[23:48] | We got this goddamn chair re-stuffed. | 这个逼沙发得修修了 |
[23:51] | Now it sucks you in like a whirlpool. | 现在一坐下去 整个人都陷进去了 |
[23:57] | You took the long way home, didn’t you? | 你绕了远路回来 对吧 |
[24:07] | You need help going up the stairs? | 要我扶你上楼吗 |
[24:09] | No, I’ve been sleeping in my office. I’m fine. | 不用 我最近都在书房睡觉 不用管我 |
[24:17] | Bruce? | 布鲁斯 |
[24:22] | That woman, the student in Michigan… | 那个在密歇根念书的女人 |
[24:31] | Do you ever think about her? | 你想起过她吗 |
[24:38] | Every fucking day. | 他妈的每天都想 |
[25:31] | Alison. Alison? | 艾莉森 艾莉森 |
[25:36] | – What are you doing here? – I think she’s about to go. | -你怎么来了 -她快撑不住了 |
[25:39] | What? | 什么 |
[25:42] | Oh, my god. My–what do I do? | 我的老天 我该做什么 |
[25:46] | Just go to her and hold her. | 去她身边 握住她的手 |
[25:47] | – What do I say? – Say you love her. | -我该说什么 -说你爱她 |
[25:49] | Say everything’s gonna be all right. | 告诉她一切都会好起来 |
[25:51] | – You’ll see her again. – No, I can’t, I can’t. | -你们会再次相见 -不 我做不到 |
[25:53] | Yes, you can. | 你做得到 |
[25:55] | Grams. | 外婆 |
[26:04] | Grams. | 外婆 |
[26:06] | There you are. Um– | 你来了 |
[26:12] | We’re late. How fast can you drive? | 我们要迟到了 你能开多快 |
[26:17] | Pretty fast. | 很快 |
[27:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, we are pleased to present | 女士们先生们 今晚我们有幸邀请到 |
[28:00] | to you tonight, author of the best-selling novel Descent, | 畅销小说《坠落》的作者 |
[28:03] | which will soon to be made into a major motion picture– | 这部小说即将改编为电影 |
[28:06] | Please welcome Noah Solloway. | 有请诺亚·索洛维 |
[28:22] | Thank you, it’s an honor to be reading here tonight. | 谢谢 今晚很荣幸来这里为大家读书 |
[28:26] | As I used to say as a teenager, I can’t promise | 正如我年轻时常说 我无法保证 |
[28:28] | this will be any good, but it will be quick. | 这会使你受益 但时间肯定不会长 |
[28:33] | “They were driving fast. | 他们开得很快 |
[28:35] | “Out of the corner of his eye, he saw an old boat painted blue, | 余光扫过 他看到了一条老旧的蓝色小船 |
[28:40] | “resting on the side of the road, dilapidated. | 停靠在岸边 破旧不堪 |
[28:46] | “Rotting, as if the air itself were corrosive. | 渐渐腐化 仿佛空气本身带有腐蚀性 |
[28:49] | Tall, pale grass grew wild in its belly…” | 船里长出了高高的杂草 |
[29:10] | Come on. You can’t say “Nothing.” You must want something. | 别说你什么都不想要 你肯定有想要的东西啊 |
[29:14] | You can all do the secret Santa thing again | 你们尽管当秘密圣诞老人去吧 |
[29:16] | – and just leave me out of it. – Scrooge Lockhart! | -我就省了 -小气鬼洛克哈特 |
[29:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[29:20] | I want Christmas dinner here, with all of you. | 我希望圣诞夜我们一起在这儿吃晚饭 |
[29:24] | – Is it Christmas already? – Oh, it’s you. | -已经过节了吗 -是你 |
[29:27] | We’re celebrating. You’re finally off crutches. | 我们在庆祝你终于摆脱了双拐 |
[29:30] | Wow. Thanks, mom. | 谢谢妈妈 |
[29:31] | Dad’s old records. | 爸爸的旧唱片 |
[29:34] | Garbage. | 扔了 |
[29:37] | Your old records. | 你的旧唱片 |
[29:39] | Garbage. | 扔了 |
[29:42] | We should get one of those stagers to come in | 我们应该找些有经验的人来 |
[29:44] | and make it look good to rich people. | 把它弄得漂亮点 好让有钱人能看得上 |
[29:46] | And bury a St.Joseph statue in the yard. | 再在园子里立一个圣约瑟夫雕像 |
[29:49] | Guaranteed bidding war. | 好卖出个好价钱 |
[29:52] | Oh, that’s baking powder. You want baking soda, this one. | 那是发酵粉 你要的是苏打粉 是这个 |
[29:57] | How can you tell? | 你怎么知道 |
[30:00] | Ali? | 艾利 |
[30:08] | I want to hang onto that. Just stick it in my bedroom. | 那个我要留着 搬去我卧室吧 |
[30:14] | – Thank you. – Of course, honey. | -谢谢 -应该的 亲爱的 |
[30:23] | Hal and I are planning on traveling | 我和哈尔打算去旅行 |
[30:25] | once the sale goes through. | 等牧场卖了以后 |
[30:26] | – Where? – Paris. | -去哪儿 -巴黎 |
[30:28] | Well, she–you know, she wants to open a tattoo parlor. | 她想开一个纹身店 |
[30:30] | – No kidding, where? – I don’t know, | -真的吗 在哪儿开 -我不知道 |
[30:32] | – Somewhere in the Hamptons. – She’s gonna ink the stars. | -可能在汉普顿斯吧 -她要给明星纹身呢 |
[30:36] | Well, I’m thinking about going in on a club in the city. | 我也在想着要去城里酒吧玩玩 |
[30:39] | What a surprise. | 真是令人吃惊呢 |
[30:40] | Yeah, what’s that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[30:41] | You’ve been going to the city a lot these days. | 这段时间你天天往城里跑 |
[30:43] | Yeah, because this place is fucking claustrophobic in the winter. | 因为这鬼地方在冬天简直能让人得幽闭恐惧症 |
[30:46] | I wouldn’t cut the checks just yet. | 你最好现在别乱花钱 |
[30:47] | We haven’t even put it on the market. | 我们都还没放盘呢 |
[30:49] | Still got a ton of work to do here. | 还有好多事要做 |
[30:50] | We don’t have to do anything, Cole. | 我们没必要这样 科尔 |
[30:52] | We could sell the place tomorrow, as is. | 这房子不用修也照样卖得出去 |
[30:54] | – But we’re not gonna do that. – And why not? | -但我们不会这么做 -为什么 |
[30:56] | I don’t want the new owner to come in and tear it down, | 我不想让新屋主进来就把房子拆了重建 |
[30:58] | – and if it looks like a dump– – Dump? | -就因为这房子像个垃圾堆 -垃圾堆 |
[31:01] | You’ve been in their houses. You see how those people live. | 你去过他们家 知道他们生活水平怎样 |
[31:06] | There’s an appraiser coming tomorrow. | 明天估价师会过来 |
[31:09] | He’ll let us know where we stand. | 他会告诉我们房子在什么价位 |
[31:10] | After that, we can start interviewing real estate agents. | 在那之后 我们再面试几个房产中介 |
[31:12] | “Interviewing agents.” Jesus. | 房产中介还得面试 天呐 |
[31:16] | We need somebody who understands the property, | 我们得找个懂房产行情的人 |
[31:18] | somebody who can market it. | 知道怎么销售出去的人 |
[31:19] | This isn’t a summer home. It’s a working ranch. | 这不是避暑山庄 而是正常运营的牧场 |
[31:22] | So on the market when? | 那什么时候出售 |
[31:29] | I don’t know, sometime early spring? | 不知道 初春的时候吧 |
[31:31] | No, absolutely not. Bullshit, overruled, done. | 绝对不行 简直瞎扯 我反对 |
[31:33] | Hey, Cole. Cole, look. | 科尔 科尔 看那儿 |
[31:36] | Oh, my god, I forgot. | 我的天 我忘记了 |
[31:38] | The bath upstairs, I forgot to turn it off. | 楼上放洗澡水 我忘记关了 |
[31:40] | – Oh, shit. – Oh, ma. Ma, I got it. | -该死 -妈 我来吧 |
[31:41] | – I got it, I got it. – Need me to go get a bucket? | -我来 我来 -需要我去拿水桶吗 |
[31:44] | Here. | 这里 |
[31:47] | Oh, fuck! | 妈的 |
[31:49] | – Oh, boy. – I know. | -我的天 -是啊 |
[31:57] | You can’t be serious. She’s in her 50s, | 你不是认真的吧 她才五十出头 |
[31:59] | miles away from senile. You know, people forget things. | 还不到高龄呢 谁都有忘东忘西的时候 |
[32:02] | Mm-mmm. She doesn’t. | 我妈不是 |
[32:05] | Last week, she left a window open in the rain, | 上周下雨 她没关窗户 |
[32:07] | and that blue rug is completely ruined. | 那块蓝色地毯彻底报废了 |
[32:09] | Before that, she backed herself into a fencepost. | 在这之前 她倒车撞上了栅栏 |
[32:11] | And what the fuck was she even doing, | 晚饭之前放洗澡水 |
[32:12] | running a bath before dinner? | 这他妈叫什么事 |
[32:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[32:16] | I want to take her to see a doctor. | 我要带她去看医生 |
[32:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:20] | – Alzheimer’s, early onset. – No. | -早期老年痴呆症 -不是 |
[32:23] | There’s no way. | 绝对不是 |
[32:26] | I’m just saying, I– | 我就是觉得… |
[32:28] | Look, I think she’s trying to slow down the sale of the ranch. | 我觉得她是不想让牧场那么快被卖掉 |
[32:31] | Why would she do that, Alison? | 她为什么不想 艾莉森 |
[32:33] | I don’t know. Just a feeling I had | 我不知道 反正她说她忘记关水时 |
[32:35] | when she said she left the tub running. | 我就是这么觉得的 |
[32:36] | – It was weird. – Well, that’s exactly | -很奇怪 -我就是这个意思 |
[32:38] | what I’m saying, something’s wrong. | 有些事不太对劲 |
[32:41] | God, it’s so fucking cold in here. | 天 太他妈冷了 |
[32:43] | Get in here. | 快进来 |
[32:48] | You want me to stoke the fire? | 要我再添些柴火吗 |
[32:49] | No. You’re like a human furnace. | 不用 有你这个人体暖炉就够了 |
[32:55] | Were you okay? At dinner? | 晚餐那会儿 你没事吧 |
[32:58] | Yeah. Yeah, I was fine. | 没事 我没事 |
[33:05] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别这么看着我 |
[33:07] | That’s your “I need to have a discussion” face. | “有正经事要讨论”时 你就这副表情 |
[33:09] | I have nightmares about that face. | 你这副表情都出现我的恶梦中了 |
[33:13] | What are you gonna do with your share of the money? | 房子卖了以后 你打算怎么花你那份钱 |
[33:16] | I’m gonna burn it, for fuel. | 烧了 用作燃料 |
[33:18] | That’s a bad idea. | 这主意不好 |
[33:23] | I want you to buy something you always wanted. | 我想让你买些你一直梦寐以求的东西 |
[33:36] | I have everything I always wanted… | 我梦寐以求的一切… |
[33:42] | Right here. | 都在这里 |
[34:50] | Thanks, babe. | 谢谢 宝贝 |
[35:02] | Hi, Athena. | 你好 雅典娜 |
[35:06] | What? | 什么 |
[35:08] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[35:09] | What do you mean? When? | 什么意思 什么时候 |
[35:12] | Were you with her? | 你在她身边吗 |
[35:16] | Which hospital? | 哪家医院 |
[35:19] | Is she okay– okay, calm down, I’m on my way. | 她还好吗 冷静些 我马上过去 |
[35:24] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[35:26] | – Grams had a heart attack. – Oh, shit. | -外婆心脏病发 -我的天 |
[35:28] | She’s in the I.C.U. Look, I have to go. | 她在重症监护病房 我得马上过去 |
[35:31] | – I’ll drive you. – No, it’s okay. | -我开车送你 -不用了 |
[35:32] | My mother is there. | 我妈妈在那边 |
[35:34] | – They called your mother first? – Yeah, I don’t know why. | -他们先通知你妈 -对 不知为何 |
[35:39] | You sure you don’t want me to come? | 你确定你不用我陪你过去 |
[35:40] | No, you have the appraiser coming. | 不用 你今天还要和估价师见面 |
[35:41] | – I can reschedule it. – No, it’s okay! | -我可以改期 -不用 我可以 |
[36:09] | Oh, thank god you’re here. | 天呐 你终于来了 |
[36:10] | I’ve been peppered with questions. | 一连串的问题快把我问晕了 |
[36:12] | Why did they call you? | 他们为什么打给你 |
[36:13] | Joan told them to call her daughter. | 琼告诉他们打给她女儿 |
[36:16] | She meant me. And what’s this? | 她说的是我 这是什么情况 |
[36:19] | Dennis, my daughter Alison. | 丹尼斯 这是我女儿艾莉森 |
[36:21] | Alison, my friend Dennis. | 艾莉森 这是我朋友丹尼斯 |
[36:23] | It’s a pleasure to meet you, Alison. | 很高兴认识你 艾莉森 |
[36:25] | It’s a real honor to be in the presence | 能见到这一家母女三代人 |
[36:26] | of such a powerful female lineage. | 我深表荣幸 |
[36:29] | Please, let me know if I can be of any service. | 有什么我能帮上忙的 请尽管开口 |
[36:33] | Can you give us some privacy, please? | 请让我和我母亲私下谈谈 好吗 |
[36:39] | – I’ll be in the cafeteria. – Thank you, sweetie. | -我去餐厅待会儿 -谢谢亲爱的 |
[36:46] | What did her E.K.G. show when she was admitted? | 她刚入院时 心电图结果是怎么显示的 |
[36:53] | I haven’t had a– | 我还没… |
[36:57] | I’ll come back in a few minutes. | 我等下再过来查看 |
[36:58] | That’d be great. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢你 |
[37:07] | What was that about? | 什么情况 |
[37:09] | You need to consent to a D.N.R. order. | 你得去签个放弃抢救同意书 |
[37:12] | Excuse me? She’s– | 你说什么 她… |
[37:14] | Okay, come with me. | 跟我来 |
[37:22] | Okay, she’s been in decline for a while now. | 她这种不乐观的情况已经持续一段时间了 |
[37:27] | – She’s stable. – Yes, yes, at the moment, | -但她稳定下来了 -没错 目前是如此 |
[37:29] | but you mustn’t cling to the illusion of health, sweetie. | 但你不能幻想着她还能康复 亲爱的 |
[37:31] | Her heart is an old heart, | 她的心脏已经不行了 |
[37:33] | and we need to honor what is happening here, | 我们应该顺其自然 |
[37:35] | and make this part of her journey as peaceful as possible. | 让她尽可能安详地离开 |
[37:38] | Do you know what it means if anything happens? | 你知道如果发生了任何事会怎么样吗 |
[37:40] | Anything? They’ll let her die! | 任何事 他们会看着她死 |
[37:43] | If she chokes on a grape, they won’t save her. | 就算她只是被葡萄噎住 他们也不会救她 |
[37:45] | She’s not gonna choke on a grape | 她不会被葡萄噎住的 |
[37:46] | – because she eats baby food. – Look, I know nothing | -她吃的都是流质食物 -我知道 |
[37:48] | would make you happier than to be rid of her | 你只想赶紧摆脱她 |
[37:50] | so you can sail off to some chakra sunset, guilt-free, | 这样你就能毫无顾虑地远走高飞 |
[37:53] | – but she’s my grandm– – Please, stop. | -但她是我外婆 -求求你 别说了 |
[37:58] | At times like these, we need to act from our higher selves. | 这种时候 我们不能光想着自己 |
[38:03] | I’m getting a cup of fucking tea. | 我得去找杯该死的茶喝 |
[38:18] | I’m looking for it. | 我正在找呢 |
[38:22] | Well, you’re the appraiser. Can’t you tell? | 你是估价师 你看不出来吗 |
[38:29] | No, the roof on the stable is 11 years old. | 不 马厩的屋顶已经有十一年了 |
[38:33] | Yeah, I know, I know, I know, receipts. | 我知道 我知道 收据 |
[38:35] | What can I tell you? | 这没办法 |
[38:37] | My mother didn’t keep very good records. | 我母亲不太擅长保留票据 |
[38:38] | She was a little busy raising a family on her own. | 她忙着独自一个人撑起这个家 |
[38:43] | Yeah. Yeah, no, I get it, I get it. | 是的 不 我明白 |
[38:46] | Just give me a couple days. Bye. | 再给我几天时间吧 再见 |
[38:49] | Sorry about that. It’s the appraiser. | 抱歉 是估价师打来的 |
[38:53] | How’s your granny? | 你外婆怎么样了 |
[38:56] | She’s okay. I-I think she’s okay. | 她还好 至少我想是的 |
[39:00] | She knows what’s going on. | 她意识还清醒 |
[39:02] | That’s a good sign, right? | 那是好事 不是吗 |
[39:08] | Athena wants me to consent to a D.N.R. | 雅典娜要我签拒绝施救同意书 |
[39:13] | Do not resuscitate. | 病危时不做抢救 |
[39:15] | Do you think I should do it? | 你觉得我该签吗 |
[39:18] | I don’t know, Ali. Do you want to? | 我不知道 艾莉 你想签吗 |
[39:20] | No. | 不想 |
[39:22] | Then don’t do it. | 那就别签 |
[39:44] | Appraiser’s fucking useless. | 该死的估价师一点用都没有 |
[39:47] | He told me he can’t give me an estimate | 他说他没法给估价 |
[39:48] | because he doesn’t have comps, but there are no other | 因为没有相似建筑比较 但在蒙托克 |
[39:50] | 200-year old working ranches out in Montauk, | 你上哪再去找个两百年历史的牧场 |
[39:52] | which is kind of the point. Fucking idiot. | 正说明我们独一无二 他妈的蠢货 |
[39:55] | – Do you need the car later? – Yeah, I got to run | -你晚点要用车吗 -恩 我得 |
[39:57] | down to the hardware store with Caleb and get some tile. | 跟凯勒布去五金店买点瓷砖 |
[39:59] | – Why? – I have a catering job. | -怎么了 -我接了个侍应生的活 |
[40:03] | – Where? – Boden Hall. | -在哪 -博登会堂 |
[40:05] | – Can you drop me? – Yeah, of course I can. | -你能捎我过去吗 -当然可以了 |
[40:08] | – What’s the event? – Don’t know. | -是什么活动 -我不知道 |
[40:11] | Don’t care. | 也不在乎 |
[40:17] | God. I just can’t get warm. | 老天 我怎么都暖和不起来 |
[40:24] | What’s happening tonight? | 今晚什么活动 |
[40:26] | A literary society, I think. Some sort of award. | 好像是文学协会的活动 什么颁奖典礼 |
[40:30] | – For who? – Oh, he’s famous. | -颁给谁 -他很出名的 |
[40:33] | He wrote Castle of Man. | 就是那本《城堡》的作者 |
[40:36] | – Bruce Butler? – I think so. | -布鲁斯·巴特勒 -应该是吧 |
[40:43] | Whole kitchen’s gluten-free, | 所有菜品必须不含麸质 |
[40:44] | – I need you to make sure there’s no– – Nadine? | -一定要确保没有… -纳丁 |
[40:45] | – Yes? – Can I go home? | -什么事 -我能先回家吗 |
[40:47] | – W–no, why? – I-I just– | -别啊 为什么 -我… |
[40:49] | I’m not feeling well. | 我不太舒服 |
[40:52] | I’m really understaffed tonight, Ali. | 我今晚真的很缺人手 艾莉 |
[40:56] | Can you take an Advil and power through? | 你能吃片止痛药撑撑吗 |
[40:57] | I’ll put you on coat check. | 我可以让你负责大衣寄存 |
[40:58] | That way, you don’t have to move around very much. | 这样你就不用到处跑了 |
[41:01] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好吧 -谢谢你 |
[41:05] | Listen, did you get that? Gluten-free. | 听清楚了吗 不含麸质 |
[41:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:19] | Ah, the man of the hour. | 这不是咱们今晚的主角吗 |
[41:23] | – I suppose so. – Have a good night, Mr. Butler. | -我想是的 -祝您今晚愉快 巴特勒先生 |
[41:44] | Miss? | 小姐 |
[41:45] | – Miss? – Sorry. | -小姐 -抱歉 |
[41:51] | Have a good night. | 祝您今晚愉快 |
[41:57] | Traitor. | 叛徒 |
[42:05] | It’s the only thing I could find. | 这是我唯一能找到的书 |
[42:12] | – Hi. – Hi. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[42:17] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[42:20] | You too. | 你也是 |
[42:27] | I haven’t smoked since this summer. | 夏天之后我就再没抽过烟了 |
[42:30] | No, really, I haven’t. | 真的 再没有了 |
[42:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[42:43] | So your family didn’t come? | 你的家人没来吗 |
[42:45] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么 |
[42:50] | Can we not talk about my family? | 我们能不谈我家人吗 |
[42:55] | Sure. | 当然 |
[43:05] | You look so beautiful. | 你真漂亮 |
[43:17] | You know, things have been good between Cole and me lately. | 知道吗 现在科尔和我过得很好 |
[43:21] | Really good. | 真的很好 |
[43:26] | We’re trying to get pregnant, actually. | 事实上 我们正尝试要个小孩 |
[43:32] | – That’s wonderful. – Yeah, it is. | -那太棒了 -是啊 |
[43:40] | Well, I guess I should | 我想我该 |
[43:43] | go back inside before my absence is felt. | 在没人发现我不见之前回里面去 |
[43:49] | Yeah. Probably a good idea. | 是啊 你是该进去了 |
[44:06] | Hello? What? | 你好 什么 |
[44:11] | Oh, okay, when? | 好吧 什么时候 |
[44:16] | Oh. Yeah, okay, um– | 是吗 好吧 |
[44:28] | I appreciate the ride. | 谢谢你送我过来 |
[44:32] | I can stay and drive you home later. | 我可以在这等你 一会再送你回去 |
[44:36] | Take care, Noah. | 你自己保重 诺亚 |
[44:58] | Do you know what it looks like | 你知道看着一帮 |
[44:59] | to see a pit crew of western medical professionals | 西医权威试图复苏一颗停止跳动的心脏 |
[45:02] | trying to jumpstart a heart that’s done? | 是什么感觉吗 |
[45:05] | Ribs were cracked! Electricity– | 肋骨都要震断了 那么强的电流 |
[45:07] | – Stop, please. – Her lungs, done. | -求求你 别说了 -肺也不行了 |
[45:10] | Her kidneys, done. Suddenly, everything is done. | 肾也不行了 突然间 一切都不行了 |
[45:12] | – It c– – Maybe you’d like to go into the family room? | -这… -你们能不能去家属等待室谈呢 |
[45:14] | No, we wouldn’t. | 不 我们不去 |
[45:20] | Talk to the doctor, tell him he can write the D.N.R. order, | 跟医生谈谈 告诉他我们同意拒绝施救 |
[45:23] | – and get those machines off her. – Why don’t you do it? | -把她身上那些仪器都拆了 -你怎么不去说 |
[45:25] | I’m not the fucking proxy. | 因为我该死的不是她代理人 |
[45:27] | Well, I’ll sign it over to you right now. | 这样的话 我现在就转移给你 |
[45:30] | Then you can do the dirty work. Go ahead. | 这样你就能去当坏人了 去吧 |
[45:31] | Go in there and pull the plug. | 去了结她的生命吧 |
[45:39] | Lucky you. Here comes the calvary. | 真幸运 你的骑士来救你了 |
[45:57] | Cafeteria’s closed. Vending machine. | 餐厅关门了 这是自动贩卖机买来的 |
[46:01] | I should be with her. I should be in her room. | 我该陪着她的 我该在她房间守着 |
[46:07] | Well, a few minutes here won’t hurt. | 也不差这几分钟 |
[46:13] | If it’s any comfort, I remember how this feels. | 如果这能安慰到你的话 我了解你的感受 |
[46:19] | My mother died in a hospital just like this. | 我母亲正是在医院里这么死去的 |
[46:20] | – You– – No, maybe I need to get another doctor. | -你… -不 或许我该换个医生 |
[46:24] | I-I-I could move her to the city. | 我可以将她转移到纽约的医院 |
[46:26] | Or I could call a doctor I… | 或者我可以找一个 |
[46:31] | used to know. | 相熟的医生 |
[46:35] | What if– what if someone made a mistake? | 如果… 如果这里的医生错了呢 |
[46:41] | You know, people die because someone… | 要知道 有时候病人死亡 |
[46:43] | should have known better– | 就因为医生的医术不够 |
[46:54] | Maybe I’m out of line here, but… | 也许我不该这么说 但… |
[46:59] | I know this pain… | 我知道这种痛苦 |
[47:03] | feels familiar. | 你似曾相识 |
[47:08] | But it’s different. She’s not a child. | 但这不一样 她不是个孩子 |
[47:18] | I just– | 我只是… |
[47:24] | I– | 我 |
[47:28] | I need to know that I’m– | 我需要知道 我这么做 |
[47:31] | I’m not making a mistake. | 不是一个错误 |
[47:33] | You’re not. You’re not. | 不 不是的 |
[47:38] | I know every cell in your body wants to keep her alive, but… | 我知道你十分渴望她能活下来 但… |
[47:44] | holding on to her is not gonna bring him back. | 执着地留着她也不会让他死而复生 |
[47:53] | Letting her go is an act of compassion. | 让她走其实是一种仁慈 |
[47:57] | Feels like hell, but… | 尽管很痛苦 但… |
[48:01] | It’s compassion. | 这是一种仁慈 |
[48:23] | Did she have friends? | 她有朋友吗 |
[48:27] | Yes. Lots. | 多着呢 |
[48:35] | If you want to plan a funeral, I understand. | 如果你想尽快开始筹办葬礼 我理解 |
[48:39] | You know, she’d want a service at her church, | 她希望能在教堂举行仪式 |
[48:42] | but if you want something casual after lunch– | 但如果你想午餐之后安排点轻松的… |
[48:45] | We’re headed up to Rhinebeck in the morning. | 我们明天一早就启程去莱恩贝克 |
[48:50] | You can’t wait a few days? | 你连几天都等不了吗 |
[48:53] | The pathways out here are too muddled for me. | 待在这里 我根本看不清自己的前路 |
[48:58] | I need to be someplace I feel supported | 我得去一个能感受到支持的地方 |
[49:01] | in order to even start the healing process. | 才能开始我的疗伤过程 |
[49:06] | Losing one’s mother… whew. | 失去自己的母亲… |
[49:11] | It’s such an archetypal wound. | 真是一种刻骨铭心的痛 |
[49:16] | Yes. It is. | 没错 是的 |
[49:25] | Have a great trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[49:34] | Yeah. | 行吧 |
[50:58] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[51:04] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[51:23] | – I’m all-in, fuck it. – All-in? | -我全下 不管了 -全下 |
[51:25] | See, that’s what I was trying to–I was trying to instigate. | 看 我成功了 我就想煽动他来着 |
[51:28] | I got a made-up card. | 我的牌很烂的 |
[51:30] | Yeah. Stop throwing shit. | 得了 别唬人了 |
[51:33] | Seriously. | 我说真的 |
[51:46] | Bringing me luck. All right, turn ’em. | 这能给我运气 来 开牌吧 |
[53:49] | As you know, we had to delay this memorial service | 正如大家知道 因为一些原因 |
[53:53] | longer than we would have liked, | 我们不得不推迟这场追悼会 |
[53:57] | but today, we are here | 但今天我们齐聚于此 |
[54:00] | and we will not dwell on tragedy. | 不是为了继续陷于伤痛 |
[54:03] | Instead, we will remember the life of our son, | 而是为了纪念我们朋友的一生 |
[54:07] | Scott Lockhart. | 斯科蒂·洛克哈特 |
[54:10] | And if this crowd is any indication, | 今天大家的出席 正说明了 |
[54:13] | he was greatly loved. | 他深受众人爱戴 |
[54:19] | Let us pray. | 让我们祈祷吧 |
[54:22] | Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace. | 主 使我作你和平之子 |
[54:26] | Where there is hatred, let me sow love. | 在憎恨之处播下你的爱 |
[54:30] | Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt… | 在伤痕之处播下你宽恕 在怀疑之处… |
[54:33] | Can you look something else up for me? | 能麻烦你再帮我查点东西吗 |
[54:35] | – Labor day. – He didn’t stay with us. | -劳动节那天 -他不是我们的客人 |
[54:36] | I know, I know. Try under cancellations. | 我知道 试试搜索取消预约的名单 |
[54:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[54:45] | Oh, wow, you’re right. | 真给你说中了 |
[54:47] | There was a reservation under “Solloway.” | 确实有一个索洛维名下的预约 |
[54:49] | – It was canceled at 11:22 P.M. – Thank you. | -晚上11点22分取消的 -谢谢你 |
[54:54] | Have a good night. | 祝你晚安 |
[54:59] | Say, I got into a little fender bender. | 如果我的车被碰坏了 |
[55:01] | Do you know someone local who can look at my car? | 你知道附近哪里有修车的吗 |
[55:04] | Yeah, there’s somebody out here that everybody uses. | 有一个修车的 大家都喜欢找他 |
[55:06] | Let me get his number. | 我把他电话给你 |